[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odottemita/Dance Group Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: odottemita.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
odottemita.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
Old thread
http://boards.4chan.org/cgl/thread/8746498/odottemitadance-group-thread#bottom

Let's be weebs and dance together, /cgl/! Post odottemita/dance group related videos, cringe, and performances!

What is odorite/odottemita?
Odorite (踊り手) are dancers who upload their dance videos on Nico Nico Douga and post them under the category Odottemita (踊ってみた, lit. tried to dance) which is a sub-category of Yattemita (やってみた). Odorite performs in solo or in groups depending on their liking. y Uploaders append the tag 踊ってみた in the videos to easily categorize them for searching.

Uploading their videos is considered by most as a 'bold' move because they are to present themselves physically just like a real performer unlike utaite, who only need their voices. Some odorite tend to cover their faces with a mask during their debut so that they wouldn't be recognized and would only remove it once they are confident enough to reveal their identity.

>How did you learn about odottemita?
>Did you know what odottemita was before or after you started covering dances?
>Which odorite dancers inspired you to start covering?
>What songs were popular when you first started covering?
>Do you still upload covers?
>Who is your favorite odorite (japanese or gaijin)?
>>
>>8796589
Youtube is where I found it originally. But I found out what it was actually called through /cgl/ and studying japanese.

I knew what it was but didn't know it had a name.

りりあ, かや,愛川こずえ and some others

Definitely Pon Pon Pon. I'm not a fan of that desu it looks kinda silly. Lots of weebs do it.

I don't upload mine because I'm not that confident and don't have proper camera equipment but I will be in the future.

>Who is your favorite odorite?
かや because she has the same body type as me (tall and skinny) and still looks cute when dancing. My favorite one of hers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lC9cMZVjY
>>
>>8796702
idk how I ended up putting "desu" but I meant tbqh***
>>
Ok so I'm one of the coordinating members of my college's kpop/jpop/cpop dance club (weird I know). The ratio of kpop to everything else has gotten better this year but I'm still tired of Perfume every time we get an opportunity to go a girls jpop performance. Does anyone know any decently well-known groups with good "kpop level difficulty" dances I can look into?

Male dances also super appreciated. The tricky thing is how there's a lack of dance vids that aren't vocaloid or aidoru in the first place.

Jpop from the past two years:
C-ute, Perfume, Girls Generation, vocaloid, 2PM, Tempura Kidz, Fairies
Things I always suggest but don't make it lol:
1 2 3 (Morning musume)
Paranoia Cellphone Girl / Pomp and Circumstance (Vocaloid)
E-girls shite
Shake Shake by lol - this one got so close but got replaced by Perfume
>>
>>8796706
It's a filter to be honest changes into desu.
>>
I wish Cotton Chu covered dances more often. She is really cute! I just wish she wore shoes in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqcNmi4WJIo
>>
>>8796762
Hello Anon,
For one, 1 2 3 is a really good group dance, I wish your group would do it. Also anything E-Girls is wonderful, however that requires some level of actual dance ability, since most of those girls have intense dance backgrounds.
C-ute has some great dances (along with anything from Hello!Project really), and you could also browse through BoutoKm's channel to find some stuff. AKB48's River Dance is pretty good to watch, and fun to learn as well.
The thing with Perfume is, it is intricate, as well as pretty with all the canons, but can get pretty repetitive very quickly.
>>
>>8797064
I think when we put up the polls with what dances the rest of the members (~40 active maybe) can vote on, they see the famous names like Morning Musume/AKB and immediately skip over it since their limited knowledge on idol dancing tells them it isn't kpopish at all. Which it honestly isn't but 1) I may be wrong but I feel like jpop dancing and video production has changed a lot in the reverb years and 2) it doesn't have to be kpop to be fun...

so I always skip over AKB when thinking of suggestions but actually River could work well, I'll bring it up next time we need a big girls dance. thanks!

I wasn't in it but other members did C-ute's The Future and everyone loved it so I think it helped open them up to jpop a lil more. Perfume is just so fucking boring honestly.
>>
>>8797146
Have you looked into more Kpop acts that had Japanese promotions then?
Honestly, I know Jpop acts and groups don't "sound" exciting, but in my opinion (I do Kpop, Hip hop, and a few J idol groups) it is pretty hard. Most don't think that "stage presence" is part of dancing, but it is.
>>
I was on youtube looking at H!P MVs and saw the dance versions. I ended up mirroring them and learning almost all the Kirarin Revolution songs by Koharu Kusumi and most Buono! songs.

I never did any research after I started covering. I got into vocaloid soon after H!P and then found Nico Nico Douga with the odottemita tag.

I know it's not a odorite dancer, but Koharu Kusumi from Morning Musume inspired me.

Luka Luka Night Fever was popular. I learned it after the hype though.

I don't upload covers but I do want to start planning to this year. I perform at conventions in my area but never record them either.

>Who is your favorite odorite (japanese or gaijin)?
I love Cuca! It overwhelmes me at times about how much she has grown up since her MilkyWay covers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qMu3bBdPs&
>>
>>8797728
She needs to tighten her movements, add more emotion to the dance, and try not to spaghetti arm so much. Also she has an unfortunate nose. I've disliked himezawa for some time now so that probably just me though.
>>
>>8796589
A girl at a local convention won a cosplay contest with a Hatsune Miku dance medley back in 2010 or so. When the song and video got around it was Aikawa Kozue's Strobe Nights video. I got hooked!

I did not, no. I never uploaded my dance covers to the public, I just shared them with my friends, because I wanted to perfect the feel of "cuteness" and elegance I saw in JApanese oddotemita-videos. When I move out, I'll def. set up some space for this

Aikawa Kozue and Danceroid. Apricot* too

Strobe nights and the halyu wave was starting to appear too

No.

>Who is your favorite odorite (japanese or gaijin)
I prefer japanese odottemita dancers though I've looked into some gaijin too. I really like Yumechan and Miyu from Germany.
My ultimate faves are Yakko, Wata and Apricot*. I've starting to like Ririri and Tora-san a lot as well!

I just got an apartment and I'm moving this february. My dream of starting doing cover dances is approaching gulls, wish me luck. Do you have any tips?
>>
>>8796702
Thanks for posting her! She's super cute
>>
To those who upload covers, do you upload exclusively to youtube, nico nico douga, or both? Also, are there other websites you upload to like dailymotion and vimeo?
>>
My favourite Odorite is this cutie ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkoFTiQ_oj4
>>
>>8799434
>Do you have any tips?

Just practice a lot! Make sure you hit every move sharply and with lots of enthusiasm! (But not too much lol)

Grats on the new place!
>>
>>8800086
Off topic but: Does anyone know what fashion style this is? Its so cute!
>>
>>8800640
I'd say it's otome-kei?
>>
Cuca's latest cover is perfect. I definitely love her English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAcRdFaRvg
>>
In Germany they actually have a Dance of contest for odottemita at a convention.
>>
>>8800638
Thanks! That's my goals! I'm afraid I won't ever have courage to upload my covers because they don't look like I want them to. Practice, practice, practice!
>>
>>8802802
In the states, i believe the only contest for odottemita is at Jpop Summit. However, at my local convention, a group of odorite dancers came together last year and made a odottemita contest and related panels at a con. ALOT of people found out afterwards or wern't able to attend because the con lowkey disapproves of idols and j-pop. They put the prelims and the finals of the contest and other odottemita panels during popular panel blocks like the cosplay judging. autographs, or really early in the morning.

Your very lucky your convention has something like that. Don't take it for granted.
>>
>>8798107
It's not just you, her dancing is pretty bad.
>>
Glad Atsu took /cgl/s advice about the clothing. She looks much better in clothes that actually fit and match. Now if she finds a different location for her dance videos, then she would be ok. Messy areas aren't kawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FHD-Ft3tu4
>>
I like this one, the guy is pretty polished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJgucwbcZI
>>
>>8805979
Well he definitely knows more about what he is doing than the Miku. He could have sharper movements but thats just a nitpick.
>>
File: Britney-Spears-cringe.gif (973KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Britney-Spears-cringe.gif
973KB, 500x280px
>>8797728
Himezawa always makes me cringe with embarrassment
>>
>>8805932
So chubby bunnies are welcome here?
>>
>>8806307
/cgl/ honestly doesn't mind plus size people as long as they dress for their size/everything fits.

There are alot of amazing plus size odottemita dancers but majority don't dress for their size or their clothing doesn't match.
>>
>>8806464
Any good examples of plus size dancers?
>>
>>8806525
The girl on the left side of the video is a good example, imo

https://youtu.be/M8mpoDrlWW4
>>
>>8805990

His weight transfer is pretty good, alot of people are like the girl and just stick out their limbs without shifting their weight.
>>
>>8806580
Both of them are pretty bad.
>>
amayu & zensoku are one of my faves,
they're both competent dancers and the height difference is endearing haha

(some of the more cutesy - pig tails and bloomers flashing - dancers are a bit too overly sweet for me;; )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUz9OcXS9o4
>>
>>8806525
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFyNAmxVkA
I'm not saying she's really plus sized but she's bigger than the stick thin Japanese girls we normally see, Luna cherry is a good dancer imo.
>>
>>8796762
I may be late to the party here but I have always found Cinderella Complex by High King to be rather difficult, similar to a k-pop dance.
>>
>>8808021
i love her! too bad she's not active anymore
>>
>>8797728
I feel uncomfortable watching a skeleton dance
>>
>>8796973
Nah, not on that floor.
>>
>>8796702
She's too cute!
>>
>>8805932
Haha this looks like fun
>>
To those in dance groups, how can you tell someone they suck and need to work harder to members without being an ass? I was invited to joining a dance group in my local cosplay comm but the thing is none knows how to dance, what they are doing, or how to organize. I am hoping to help them understand the basics, help organize, learn routines, give concrit on their dancing.

However, i'm afraid they will take the concrit as offensive or "mean", especially because i'm blunt when it comes to this kind of stuff. The only reason why I say that is because the cosplay comm starting this group is all about positivity and that everyone can do anything as long as they try.
>>
>>8797728
The movements need a lot of work in this...Eh...
>>
>>8813307
Seconing except I've been with my dance group for about a month and tried giving them concrit before but they get upset and one girl thinks im her bully now.
>>
>>8813307
>>8814303
I've only been in a couple of dance groups, but the way we do it is have one person sit out and watch everyone at one time, that way the position of who is giving concrit rotates and it's not just on you alone. Sometimes there's a little arguing about who is right about moves on something already choreographed, but I've found this to be rather effective.

More recently, we had someone who forgot some of their moves right before the deadline. The head called them out for it and offered to help them one on one, and some others practiced with so that they could be used as reference/ the singled out person wasn't alone.

Dancing for some reason is something that people get super defensive about, so in the case of a group who's all learning the same dance, I think it's better to emphasize that you're all working together and are not trying to embarrass them, just help them out. Sorry to ramble!
>>
>>8813307
If the idea is to be a positive just-for-fun group then I personally wouldn't make them work harder BUT if the group WANTS to improve then you can suggest that you could help them out. It's gonna suck at times because those who want to have fun won't always understand how much work it actually is to get better at dancing. As long as you invest in patience and friendliness everything should go just fine. Also make changes little by little so they can adjust to them. I'd say join, see if you have any opportunities to suggest changes and if everything is just one big mess you can always leave. Good luck!
>>
>>8813307
Yup ! I think that in order to work well, a group need to have the same goal. I'm in a group who weet every week and we post cover on the internet. There is one better who work less than the others, is always sloppy in her movement, because she doesn't really care about the group... We try to help her but yeah xD She prefers K-pop so it's hard to motivate her and it broke a little bit the group goals... ><
>>
>>8805932
yeah sorry about that. we were undecorating from christmas and it was way too cold to record outside.
>>
https://youtu.be/eQpeu4Hmd6k

>ugly outfit
>unfortunate face
>barely any dancing
>voice auto tuned to death

Amother good song ruined
>>
>>8814326
>>8814338
>>8814391
Thanks anons!
>>
>>8817867
Flipping through her channel, she is so full of cringe and her voice is so auto tuned it's annoying.

https://youtu.be/DiEsk-BHEt0
>>
>>8817867
her eeeeeennnddsss
>>
>>8819593
nope nope nope nope
>>
>>8817867
>>8819593
This girl doesn't deserve those J-Melo nominations and mentions if she is creating this kind of crappy content with a fake kawaii uguu auto toned voice
>>
Let's not forget our roots

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE
>>
>>8821475
I see what you did there
>>
4TE released their new MV. Any thoughts?

https://youtu.be/omByNlt_lJo
>>
>>8823283
tf is this trashy shit?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.