[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EGL wardrobe post The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 21

File: Captureh.jpg (25KB, 488x142px) Image search: [Google]
Captureh.jpg
25KB, 488x142px
http://egl.livejournal.com/

there's already so many posted are they all worth looking at?
>>
Just look at the first picture and you will see whether the picture quality is worth it.
>>
File: 69073_600.jpg (84KB, 600x385px) Image search: [Google]
69073_600.jpg
84KB, 600x385px
I'm still waiting for the old school wardrobes but so far HD-chan, Amytsukada & xlempickax are my favorites.
I'm a sucker for Meta, Baby/AatP, Atelier Pierrot, BoZ, Moitie, gothic in general and old school sweet & gothic wardrobes so I hope more of those pop up soon.

Pic: part of HD-chan's Hospitality Doll collection. HNNGGG.
>>
Is EGL the only place people usually post wardrobe posts? I want to make a wardrobe post just so I can kinda track my wardrobe progress but I've never used EGL. Would it seem weird to make an account just to post my wardrobe?
>>
>>8794412
You could use tumblr if you have one.
I think I read others wanted to do a tumblr wardrobe post too.
You could tag it with a special #EGLwardrobe tag, maybe?
I wouldn't tag it with #LolitaWardrobe cause the stupid nymphettes will start using the same tag, prolly and fuck it up for us *sigh*
>>
>>8794410
Amytsukada's personality always bothers me, and I thought her presentation could have been better. xlempickax also had a very nice collection, but again, photos.

Carmidoll's collection and outfits were nice, but our styles seem fairly similar, so maybe that's why I liked it.

I haven't looked at the newest 3 yet. I think it's worth looking over most (I skip ones where presentation is so bad it's hard to see the dresses or where the presentation is just okay and their style doesn't interest me at all), and I always save my favorites as memories to inspire my wardrobe and future wardrobe posts.
>>
>>8794414
Ok! Yea I think using tumblr for it would be a good idea I don't know how I didn't think of that. Thanks anon!
>>
>>8794422
I don't really go on EGL any more, only for the wardrobe posts now to be honest, so sadly I don't know what Anytsukaka's personality is like.
What is she like, if you don't mind me asking?
Her presentation wasn't very good, I agree on that but I simply liked many of her main pieces a lot.

Lempicka didn't have high quality pictures or good presentation but I tend to look more at the pieces a person owns.
I'm a real sucker for Moitie wardrobes though.

I tend to look at most posts though, even ones with bad presentation or pictures as long as they are the styles I wear (gothic, classic & old school).
The only ones I tend to skip are all AP or (ott) sweet wardrobes, with the exception for old school sweet wardrobes cause I do like those.
>>
>>8794410
>HD-chan
Why do you call her like that? You seduced me by the related pic and confused me by the nickname, so I was forced to check almost all posts to find her wardrobe. Ugh.
>>
>>8794570
She posts on here and gained the name via zealous searching for those sets. She's not known as HD outside of CGL.
>>
>>8794570
She was an anon in the dream dress thread who searched for Hospitality Doll for a long time, a lot of people call her HD-Chan or Hospitality Doll-Chan on /cgl/. Chill out, anon.
>>
>>8794410
The one problem I had with this wardrobe post was that background, it made it really hard to focus from pic to pic even though the pieces were nice.
>>
>>8794414
Yeah in the last thread it was kind of decided #eglwardrobe would be the tag, huh? Not sure if we can get the word out for the rest of the lolita community but I want to be able to see yall seagulls' posts.
>>
How many of you intend to do it still? This year snuck up on me and last year's post was wrecked by my shit camera. Bummed out but I guess I'll have to put it off yet again... Does it seem like there's the same amount of wardrobes being posted or less?
>>
>>8794694
i'm still just finishing off the editing of mine now. think i picked the wrong background colour though, and my camera picked up all my reds really weirdly ugh. come too far to do it all over though, ah well
>>
>>8794694
It's only the 4th of January; I think most go up around mid-January to almost February, so for the few we have now, it's still a pretty good number.
>>
I'm still going to do it, but I've decided I'm going to coordinate each of my main pieces so it's gonna take me a bit. I'm really glad to see other people doing this too, it makes the posts much more interesting for me.
>>
>>8794694
I plan on posting, but between the shitty overcast weather here (winter means sunlight maybe every 4 days) and my apartment's horrible lighting, it's a bit hard for me to photograph things.
Like other anons have said, it's also only the 3rd (where I live), and most people I know are still busy with family/new year's stuff.
>>
>>8794694
I've posted mine.
>>
>>8794694
Waiting for the sun to align with my motivation.
This seriously takes so fucking long though to do. I now understand why some posts looks so shitty but then again why even bother when the result is so weak?
>>
I plan on posting but my wardrobe isn't all in one place- most of it is at home and the rest is in my student apartment. I finished taking pictures of what's at home and the print/interesting pieces I have in my apartment but I'm debating if I want to take pictures of "boring" items like blouses.
My main focus will be to show details because those always interest me when I search up a item.
>>
This was the first year I felt confident enough in my wardrobe.

Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving across the world. A couple of my dresses are already at my destination. And some other dresses are on a ship in the middle of nowhere.

I-I-I guess I'll have just to wait until next year ;_;
>>
I wish people would name their items, research doesn't hurt but neither does just putting the item name in the post if you know it.
>>
>>8794701
>>8794726
>>8794773
I know all these pains. It feels like so much work for no point, sometimes, which is why I've felt so unmotivated to do it. But I'm finally happy with and feel that my wardrobe is cohesive, so I would like to show it off. I just have zero time to do so between super dark house, working from before sunrise to after sunset (so all I have is weekends), and bad camera.
>>
>>8794864
I'll be sure to name my items. I think Chess Chocolate I'll call "Sally", and Milky Planet will be "Vladimir."
>>
File: maxwell lord.jpg (51KB, 448x488px) Image search: [Google]
maxwell lord.jpg
51KB, 448x488px
>>8795064
>>
>>8795064
I love you, I want to steal this, but I won't.
>>
>>8794939
I just attempted taking pictures in my dark ass room with a flash and praying I can shoop it to look nicer.

I can't decide if I want to do individual shots or do small groupings of 2 or 3. I have a lot of stuff in my wardrobe worth showing that aren't just main pieces and I own 20 of those at the moment. I'd like to do individual photos with details or put together coordinates but fuck between my work schedule and the lack of usable sun, I don't even know.

I propose a change:

Aussies can do their wardrobe post in January. Everyone else do it in June.
>>
>>8795171
hey, we aussies are experiencing some shit weather atm, it's all gloomy down here!
>>
>>8795171
I would LOVE if we did wardrobes in June instead. I'd actually have the time... I work heavy OT all the way through start to finish of the holidays so I don't even have time to do it a month or two ahead of January.
>>
>>8795171
I don't think it will turn out too nice with flash. Try getting all of your lamps together for more even lighting maybe. And make sure the white balance is set correctly or you'll end up with those nasty all red and yellow pictures.
>>
>>8795171
>>8795187

>wardrobe post in June

If you're not posting on egl, I think you can post it whenever and simply use the #EGLwardrobe tag. It especially doesn't matter on tumblr, folks keep reblogging in queue anyway so I've seen wardrobe posts from one or two years ago cross my dash in September.

Or, if posting to egl you could always excuse it by calling it "a very late wardrobe post", say you never finish in January and didn't want to waste the photos. Considering how quiet egl is these days the mods aren't likely to yell at you anyway.

It's just more fun to do it now when everybody else is doing it, though.
>>
>>8795064
I kek'd but I agree, what's with just listing the brands ?
>>
>>8794414
>I wouldn't tag it with #LolitaWardrobe cause the stupid nymphettes will start using the same tag, prolly and fuck it up for us *sigh*
oh shut the fuck up about nymphettes already and just blacklist "nymphette" and block them for god's sake
>>
Australia is not the only country with lolitas in the South Hemisphere
>>
>>8796730
Suggesting an alternative tag is probably more helpful though, since you can't always blacklist tags on mobiles etc
Jus saiyan
>>
>>8795737
even in the past couple years I've seen people bitch about late wardrobe posts when they're posted... can't win
>>
>>8794864
>>8795064
For serious though: my wardrobe has a lot of handmade - should I name them?
>>
>>8796913

For convenience sake, it'd be easier if you called them whatever you already mentally call them. Like, most girls tend to think of their homemade as "that cherry dress", "the christmas gobelin dress", and so on. Use those as names so that when someone in the comments say "I love the trim on the christmas gobelin dress, where did you get it from" you can immediately recognise which dress, rather than when they say "I love the trim on Sally" and you have to try and remember which dress you renamed as Sally.
>>
there's so many now and it's only the 5th
>>
>>8795064
I really don't see Milky Planet as a Vladimir.
Iron Gate? Now THAT'S a Vladimir.
>>
>>8796766

I've always just used #wardrobe post. It's helpful that searching it without the hash also brings up anyone who didn't tag that but used the words in their post.
>>
I know EGL isn't used as much anymore, but these people fucking up all their posts with broken images and no cuts are starting to annoy me.
>>
>>8798478
I noticed a lot of the bigger/nicer collections are getting about half the kinds of comments they would get last year
>>
>>8798480
That's true. Two year ago my wardrobe received around 90 comments, last year I didn't post and this year I expect 30-40 comments at best.

Pre 2012 there were serval wardrobes who received 150+ comments and even the most crappy wardrobes received like 20 comments. And now the best wardrobes struggle to receive even 30 comments. It's getting less and less every year.

Another thing I noticed is that most of the people who posted until now were relatively new (three years or less into the fashion) with only a handful of experienced lolitas inbetween, I guess that is why so many of the posts are fucked up.

My guess is that most of the larger and oldfag wardrobes will pop up around the end of the month. Most lolitas I know are still working on their posts.
>>
Is it jealousy, I wonder... you got to see that one main piece a month is going to be over 100 after ten years in the fashion if you don't sell/trade.
>>
>>8799832
pretty sure over 10 years most people's style/preferences change a decent amount, some selling and trading is inevitable after a while i'd reckon
>>
>>8799832
i believe after, like, 20 main pieces you don'n need more just for quantity or having something to wear
>>
>>8794864
A lot of my items are generic jsks from brands, ones that are re-released in the same style but named something else (I don't know what release they are), or I can't find them to find a name.
>>
File: 477377601.3.jpg (36KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
477377601.3.jpg
36KB, 480x640px
>>8799908
There's no such thing as generic jsks from brands in lolita, they all have names. Try to search for tags with article number on your dresses.
>>
>>8798478
I'm a little glad of all the first time wardrobe posters, though, despite fuckups. Maybe it means people are coming back?
>>
>>8799982
Yeah but if you own a brand like Millefleurs, for example, the name is going to be numbers and letters.
>>
>>8800175
you have to click on image and then it has the product name..
商品名
レースとジョーゼットのワンピース
>>
>>8799982

tfw I searched a recent AP dress and it doesn't exist. Apparently there's a different series of numbers for the MTO Dream Marine.
>>
Did anyone think the gif wardrobe was a stupid idea? It seems like it took a long time to make all those gifs and I can't be assed to watch them.
>>
>>8804445
I did. I needed to wait for a few seconds to watch every gif from the beginning and see the dress itself and its name. t took super long to read the whole post.
>>
Is it me or are there way more people posting wardrobes with less than 5 main pieces this year? I know there's no official guidelines for wardrobe month, but "wardrobe post" implies the person has an actual wardrobe. I don't get why anyone with less than 10 participates. I mean, maybe if all you owned was shit like Iron Gate, Cat's Tea Party, Puppet Circus, etc, but that isn't the case for any of these people.
>>
>>8804445
Yeah, I didn't even bother looking through it, it was so annoying. I appreciate the effort, but it just made the post really obnoxious.
>>
>>8804584
I don't mind seeing small wardrobes if the pictures are pretty and there is no casual shit added for quantity. Everybody has to start somewhere, maybe they want to see how they progress.
>>
>>8804445
I got annoyed after 1 picture, so I closed the window.
Gifs or videos, I just can't be bothered with them. Skip skip skip.
Sad thing is, the person that made the gifs spent so much time on them. Such a bad decision to try to stand out with annoying gifs.
I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones that didn't bother with her wardobe.
>>
>>8804584

I like the small wardrobes. They're short and easy to get through, like small little snacks of cuteness.

Personally I have more of a pet peeve with dim lighting or bad background, so as long as a small wardrobe is presented well I still enjoy it.
>>
>>8804445
It was really stupid. How am I supposed to enjoy the details of the dress when they change so quickly?
>>8804584
I really like seeing small wardrobes, and I'm glad more people are posting.
>>
>>8794443
what was wrong with her presentation? It looks standard for what everyone is doing and most of the photos have decent lighting
>>
I'm thinking of posting, but I might just lay all of the dresses down on my bed.

Any tips on how to present the pictures better and is there anything you look out for in particular?

I want to do a proper post since I'm already putting in the effort.
>>
>>8804788
make sure your sheets are clean and unwrinkled, and that your lighting isnt shit, that's about it.
>>
>>8804788

You can pretty much figure out what people dislike from this thread:
- dim/bad lighting
- photos it's hard to see the dresses/clothes
- distracting backgrounds
- gifs or videos

The complaints about small wardrobes were balanced out by anons saying they like small wardrobes so that doesn't count.

So I guess you should make sure your photos are well-lit, the details are clear and don't blur together (whether it's your resolution that's making them blur together, the angle or dim lighting), use a plain sheet as the background (eg use a plain blanket if your bedsheets are printed) and don't include ratty-looking parts of your room as background, don't make gifs or videos (especially if it's slow-moving or take a lot of time to view).

If you happen to be into photography I guess you could apply some composition principles to the photos as well, but if it's too much then I'd say just make sure the dress takes up almost all of the space in the photo, and that the details are clear.
>>
>>8804584
When it comes to small wardrobes, I like them if they're cohesive and the wearer seems like they know what direction it's going in. Furthermore, if it's going to be small, it allows for the opportunity to include detail shots and nice pictures. I don't like it when people have bad attitudes ("sorry about my SUPER SMALL wardrobe it's probably WAY SMALLER than any other post!!") Or if they have shitty pictures. The last small wardrobe that was posted condensed all their main pieces into one tiny college, which seems to miss the point entirely.
>>
>>8804843
on the video subject, I liked Vysanthe's video because it was good quality and she told what was, to me, an interesting story about her items.

the gifs are just too much though.
>>
File: dress_sugarycarnival.jpg (212KB, 600x698px) Image search: [Google]
dress_sugarycarnival.jpg
212KB, 600x698px
>>8804788
I've used beds in previous posts. Last year, I hung them up on the wall one at a time and took photos, but I was in a huge rush because I moved during December and was still unpacking and getting settled in January.

I haven't posted mine yet, but I'm working on it. I'll probably post in another week or two.

- Get a neutral background, black white or grey (depending on your wardrobe colors). I used a grey fuzzy blanket with brownish undertones and it seems to be working out well. Blankets tend to work better than sheets. Toss it in the dryer for a bit and lay it out. I always find laying a blanket down over another blanket or comforter makes for a smoother presentation. Sheets can wrinkle easily.

- Take lots of photos and work when you have some sunlight. By taking a lot of photos of each item, if something doesn't work out well, or is blurry, cut off, etc you have others to choose from.

- Come up with a nice layout and presentation. That will help set yours apart from others posts.

- Add a bit of personality to your posts if you can. It can help set yours apart from every other "here are my dresses". If your wardrobe is small, talk briefly about why you chose particular items or why something may be special to you.

- If you have and know Photoshop take advantage of that. Resize your photos down and sharpen them so that they really pop. I've been tweaking the colors and settings on mine so that everything looks vibrant and visually pleasing rather than washed out in dim January sunlight. But you also don't want to do instragram level filtering either. Pic related, this was so washed out, but I was able to tweak it to make the colors pop a bit more.

- Make a post on your own livejournal and prepare it over time. Then, copy/pasta the code into a new post on the comm page. That way you know that everything works and looks nice.
>>
>>8804788
I don't even bother looking if the photos are bad. I want to see what the dresses look like, not some weird yellowy blur with dresses half laid on top of each other.
>>
Casual Raven has a nice gothic taste
Bonvonmalefigue has tons of Moitie, but I'm a little irritated that she did put the names of all the dresses
Polyphonimages was nice but the stripes got to me
Amytasukada had a nice gothic/classic look
xlempickax had my favorite. lovely moitie
>>
>>8805518

Ah yeah, I was going by the thread, completely forgot about her. Anyhow I wouldn't suggest anyone who can't handle photographing dresses to make videos -- you'd still have all the same lighting, clarity, and background problems, and then pacing and editing problems added on top. Definitely easier to stick to photos.
>>
>>8806001
>>8804843
>>8804839

Thanks for the tips! I've photographed about 70% of my wardrobe.
Grouped stuff by brand and then theme-like florals.
Putting a blanket over the sheet is a good idea since I can't get the wrinkles out no matter how hard I try.
>>
>>8794410
Why the fuck does she need multiples of the same headdress in the same colourway? Seriously
>>
>>8808169
There are only two nurse headdresses. The fuck are you going on about?
You drunk m8?

Back on topic, do you gulls plan to post blouses and outerwear/accessories as well? I'm almost done with my main pieces and I'm already getting lazy.
>>
himezawa posted hers. I'm surprised it even received some comments. kek

>>8808367
Yes, I do. It's more time consuming but I think, it's worth it. You have a better overview of your wardrobe and can use your wardrobe post as a guideline or hint as to where you have to improve and which stuff is missing etc. It's really important as your wardrobe grows bigger and bigger, it will be more difficult to keep an overview.
It is also nice as a person who is viewing your post to see the coordination possibilities and how cohesive your wardrobe is. I find the small details often inspiring and sometimes it gives me an idea on where I can improve myself with my coords. So it's a win-win situation of both parties basically. If you have the time and can overcome your laziness, definitely post everything!
>>
>>8808367
I'm going to post blouses and outerwear, but not socks and jewelry. I think I have some pretty ncie blouses/outwear and I'd like to show them off. My socks and jewelry, on the other hand, are pretty standard and nobody cares about them anyway.
>>
>>8808367
I'm posting everything, but the socks I'll just be showing in my organizer, I think.
I like my blouses and accessories, so I definitely want to show them.
>>
>>8808367
This year I just took pictures of my blouses with main pieces, mainly because I only bought one new blouse this year.
>>
>>8808367
>Back on topic, do you gulls plan to post blouses and outerwear/accessories as well?

I'm posting my legwear, blouses and accessories. I'm skipping my outerwear, I just have one basic bitch bodyline coat and I left my prized Kira Imai parasol at a friend's house and I think her kids ended up destroying it or it's lost somewhere.

My wardrobe is really varied and I feel like showing these items is a good way to show that although my main pieces are everywhere, there's a ton I can do with my wardrobe.
>>
>>8808367
She had duplicates, check the post
>>
>>8808367
She has multiples of the one set and both sets came with one, but one is actually different IRL; I think it was a protoype or something.
>>
Despite being sure I'd participate this year, moving has made it impossible. Maybe I'll participate late via tumblr tags
>>
It feels like there is definitely a lot less posts this year, i remember last year this time of the month there was quite a few coming through
>>
>>8815341
A lot of people posted at the beginning of the month, though. A lot will probably post at the end, too.
>>
>>8815341
There are a lot fewer posts this year. There's hardly any; the last couple of years I remembered feeling like I didn't have the time to go through them all, whereas now I'm checking LJ 2-3 times a day to see if anything new has been posted.
>>
File: wardrobe.png (77KB, 470x796px) Image search: [Google]
wardrobe.png
77KB, 470x796px
>>8815411
>>8815396
>>8815341
Just because I was curious, here's a quick cap of the number of posts on egl in January from 2013 to this year.
Not all of those are wardrobe posts, obviously, but most of them are. There's been a pretty noticeable drop off this year. It should pick up a bit toward the end of the month, though. Jan 31 is always a big day.
>>
>>8815418
Wow, I concede, it looks like a huge drop in numbers. It's the first year that a day could get just one post. I was hopeful people were coming back, but I guess not.

I wonder when wardrobe posts will stop being a thing? We post them on Tumblr but not really in an organized fashion, so they're hard to track down. And it's difficult to narrate, too.
>>
>>8815423
I hate wardrobe posts on tumblr, honestly. I don't mind them on a real blog or whatever, but tumblr is the worst fucking format ever. I will probably continue to post mine on LJ and my blog until egl is 6 feet under and half eaten by worms.
>>
>>8815426
I agree if it's all crammed into one post, but I started a tumblr dedicated to nothing but my wardrobe and photos of coordinates. I just never have time to photograph everything all at once, so I figured my best bet was to do a tumblr of the clothes, with a "highlights" post on egl.

It was working out nicely, and everything was tagged and easy to navigate ... and then stopped updating it because my health went to fuckin' hell, and I haven't gotten the motivation up again to update it, or actually post the coordinates that are in my drafts, and mark what I've sold as gone.
>>
>>8815341
I literally just finished shooting all of mine so I'll be posting sometime this week.
>>
>>8795187
I posted my wardrobe slightly later once (in the start of Feb) because I just didn't have time to do it. Someone got salty and posted me on btb for it.

That was some time back though. I'll be posting on time this year but I wonder if I'll get negativity for posting so many things.

I just want to catalog my stuff but I'm not sure if it's worth it to post.
>>
>>8815418
It already stared to get worse in 2013
2011-2012 were the best wardrobe years.
>>
I'm liking the couple of old school wardrobes that have been posted so far.
>>
>>8815418
It's a shame that so few people are posting and so few people commenting.
That sad, I'm just about halfway through taking pictures and I'm not sure whether it's actually worth it.
>>
>>8817548
Since you've already done it halfway might as well finish? I'm looking forward to seeing your post anon!
I'm finally done with mine and it was one week of hard work...
>>
>>8817548
I've tried to comment on most of them. With that said, I refuse to comment or even look through ones that are really poorly done, and I don't always comment on ones that totally don't interest me.
I still haven't been able to take photos for mine due to good weather and my schedule not coming together, but hopefully in the next few days there will be a somewhat sunny day.
>>
>>8817556
I took mine at night with my desk lamp as lighting. It was a pain in the ass but it worked out mostly ok.
Hope you get a sunny day soon anon.
>>
>>8817549
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll try to get it done before the end of January.
>>8817556
My pictures are way worse than last year, the weather is really not working for me either.
I've been trying to comment more than usual, keep up the good work.
>>
>>8799905
Depends how many styles you wear. I consider myself a beginner, and granted most of it's not brand, but I've got 23 dresses and 10 skirts at the moment, but I still don't feel like my wardrobe is enough? Granted there's five or six pieces in there that I want to sell, but it still works out at nearly thirty main pieces.

I think the problem is that my style isn't cohesive enough - if you stick to one or two it's fine, but I have classic in three different colour palettes, gothic, oldschool, and a tiny bit of sweet, pirate and country all in one wardrobe. I feel like I have way too many black items, but outside of meetups I tend to wear kuro, so it's hard to get rid of any of it. Same with having a few Bodyline pieces I'm not particularly attached to, but I don't want to get rid of them because I need at least one or two dresses for messy meets.
>>
>>8804600
This. I didn't make a wardrobe post until I had a more sizeable collection, but I kind of wish I had even if I didn't post it to EGL, because I have no record of my wardrobe before January 2014 now.
>>
>>8808367
Yes, always. I like to use my wardrobe post to try to see coordination possibilities, what's missing and plan outfits - I can't do that just with dresses. Like >>8808386 says, it's also a great indicator of how cohesive a wardrobe is, and thus how much I should envy it. If someone has 12 AP dresses and two Bodyline blouses, I'm much less impressed than if they have 6 dresses and a collection of blouses and outwear that mix and match perfectly.
>>
File: 6f955e3djw1f02n0hj6xrj21kw0ycdu6.jpg (526KB, 2048x1236px) Image search: [Google]
6f955e3djw1f02n0hj6xrj21kw0ycdu6.jpg
526KB, 2048x1236px
>tfw your wardrobe will never reach chinese lolita levels

I wish the Chinese lolitas would use EGL, there are so many fucking nouveau rich girls in this fashion, a collection like pic related is easily affordable to them.
>>
>>8818425
There were girls who had less and still posted. I think 23 main pieces is already quite a good wardrobe. Especially if it's not all brand since it's more interesting to see.
>>
>>8818510

That's so crazy! But that dress cut is gorgeous so I can kind of understand why.
>>
>>8818562
Oh, I didn't mean not enough for me to post (I'm doing the wardrobe post this year) - I meant not enough for me to consider complete, since the post I was replying to was saying how after 20 you didn't need more just to have something to wear. I wear lolita regularly, but tend to get into and go off styles in cycles. At the moment, if I have a week or a month where I really don't feel like wearing gothic, I run out of stuff to wear.
>>
>>8818510
what dress is this
>>
>>8818510
Holy shit.
>>
>>8818594
Baby's bless from Michael. It's gorgeous!
>>
>>8818510
this turns me on
>>
>>8818510
>checks blog
>"this year bought a total of 37" (main pieces, I guess)

I want someone to translate some of these posts, this is wild
>>
>>8818605
Thanks! This is going on mt wtb list
>>
>>8818510
Someone teach these chinese new money newbies how to make dress donuts god damn
>>
>>8818510
This looks impressive, but it's just so unnecessary and excessive. I doubt they even get the opportunity to wear much of it.
>>
>>8818852
>lolita is about being practical
ok anon
>>
>>8818668
what are dress donuts?
>>
>>8818863
You arrange dresses in a circle and take a picture of them.
>>
>>8818633
I read some of her posts and they're mostly just reviews/comparisons and sales, along with some smaller everyday chatter. She seems to be extremely obsessed with Michael's blessing and likes to post lots of comparisons of them (in order to help out anyone else in her shoes, as she states).
>>
>>8818900
That's nice of her. I'm glad that she has the money to afford all of that, excessive as it may be.
>>
>>8818425
If you have a cohesive colour scheme (black), even if it's a lot of styles it still seems cohesive. Personally, I don't think anyone needs to stick to one theme to have a good wardrobe. 20-30 main pieces is also about average, so I wouldn't worry about the numbers, either. What matters most in a wardrobe post is presentation.

>>8817686
Same, I've tried really hard to edit all the blacks I have since due to the weather, they're not showing up as well, but I'm worried I'll disappoint people with the quality of my pics this year since I know some people were looking forward to it.

>>8817556
I've tried to comment on anything I found interesting as well. I feel like if we all make an effort, then we'll get comments back on our posts. But honestly some people have such shit photos I can't be bothered.
>>
>>8818510
Wow... I'm actually kind of disgusted by this for some reason. That's like a 4k rainbow right there....
>>
>>8818900
That actually sounds pretty interesting, like the differences in fabrics used, if there's differences in fit or changes made to the pattern, etc.
>>
>>8818510
This comes off as tacky to me. God, these girls are clearly new money.
>>
>>8819014
Yes, she mentioned some differences in quality and most noticeable length changes, but I glossed over the details since I wasn't as interested.
>>
>>8818875
>>8818668

You'd lose half the details in the dresses, since a dress donut squishes the top of the dress where the bodice with all the details are.

I prefer dress panoramas myself. I can see donuts being preferred if you mainly like looking at the border prints instead of details in the bodice, though.
>>
>>8819079
People like them because they're aesthetically pleasing, not because they actually want to see the whole dress.
>>
File: wDiG1xS.jpg (860KB, 2509x1581px) Image search: [Google]
wDiG1xS.jpg
860KB, 2509x1581px
>>8819079

I like print comparisons myself, I really loved the print closeups from this girl.
>>
>>8819087

Yes, and the bodice details being squished out of the image makes dress donuts aesthetically displeasing to me.

idk, I guess I'm in the minority of people who don't like dress donuts. I don't see the appeal at all.
>>
>>8819050
why does it matter old/new money, money's all the same at the end of the day
>>
>>8819106
It's their money so why does it matter how they spend it.
Jelly anons stay jelly, basically.
>>
>>8819150
>stay jelly
Honestly, I'm happy she has money for it. That doesn't mean It doesn't come off as mentally ill to me, though.
>>
>>8817548
Yea it took a lot of time to organise and take the pictures for so little other participation, waste of time if I didnt like having them pictured and organised for myself.
>>
>>8817548
I think it's because most people browsing aren't logged in. They only bother to log in to post theirs. I'm guilty of this, except I haven't posted my wardrobe on live journal. I would comment on wardrobes if it wasn't such an annoyance to make a comment on mobile.
>>
>>8818633
Do you think its bought from money she made herself? Cause any other option bugs me.
>>
>>8815341
>>8815418
>>8815423

I'll be making a wardrobe post but I probably stick to tumblr and local comm's page, no egl. My collection has brand, but barely any prints (and they're no Iron Gates either) and no coveted pieces. Dozen dresses and a dozen skirts is a decent amount in my ass-backwards country, but it all seems so pathetic when confronted with international community.

I might have nice handmade and surprising thrifts but I just feel like they'll never compare to brand fullsets. And it kind of makes me sad because I'm secretly proud of them.
>>
>>8819534
>>8819050
>>8818993

What, do you think you have some moral high ground because you bought all your dresses yourself? Because you don't. There's nothing wrong with rich Chinese girls using daddy's credit card to buy 5 chocolate rosette JSKs. They can afford it, and there's nothing morally wrong with owning that many. Stop trying to cover up your jealousy with self-righteousness. You're like those replica chans who call anyone who owns brand an "elitist snob".
>>
>>8819562
That's like your opinion man.
>>
>>8819557
Fuck the international community and post what you're proud of. I like wardrobe posts with interesting stories as to how they got their pieces and/or the girl waxing poetic about how much they love this or that about a piece.
>>
>>8819562
They did work for it though, they weren't just born into money, they made the effort and dedication to go after something they really wanted and made it happen. Sitting on daddy's money and hitting buy will do nothing for your moral fiber or character, it just make you spoiled and useless.
>>
>>8819562
Uhm, I do actually :) If you lived independantly you would know the place from where I speak.
Plus, the kind of money they are making, someone, prolly a lot of people are getting screwed in the process. Yay capitalism. Enjoy your daddys money miss pantytwist. Enjoy the day some fuckwit knob takes over his job of financing you, there's a name for women like you who expect men to pay for them.
>>
>>8819744

>I live independently in my shitty studio apartment so I can judge anyone else.

There's a name for women like you too babe, it's called wage slave.
>>
>>8819744
bitches like this the first who would blow 100k of inheritance.
>>
>>8819562
It's funny because having spending habits like buying the same dress in every color of the rainbow is the quickest way to loose your wealth, especially when the only reason your wealthy is because of a relative or family member, which is definitely the case here. Also the joke's on them because whoever bought these dresses probably did it as a display of their wealth, even though a even richer person would hire a professional tailor, pay them to come to their country and make them a bespoke dress costing way more than all those dresses are worth put together that would be a perfect fit in every way and not shit off an assembly line.
>>
>>8819786
do you realize she probably still lives with her family? if they have money to give her she's not going to run out any time soon. ffs sake you seem bitter.

also are you seriously saying it's not show of wealth in an niche fashion known for brand loyalty to buy all the dresses by that brand? this sounds like high level weeb shit right here
>only the finest of custom made garments will show my financial prowess
that doesn't work like that in this kind of fashion.
>>
>>8819786
>especially when the only reason your wealthy is because of a relative or family member

Then -she- isn't wealthy, her family is. What is your issue with her using spending money how she wants? It's the same as when parents give their kids $100 to go to the mall, only it's more like $1000. But so what? Do you have an issue with that as well? Probably not, because it's not much to be jealous over. Where as this clearly is.
>>
>>8819786
> pay them to come to their country and make them a bespoke dress
Uh, what? Just because you have money doesn't mean you need custom dresses for every occasion. There is a reason big brands in fashion exist instead of just fancy ~professional tailors~ for every rich person in the world.
The only time you spend big dosh on custom pieces is for performances. And those pieces are sold right after or never worn again, so obviously it wouldn't show up in a wardrobe post.
>>
>>8819806
Not sure it's even her personally I have an issue with, I feel zero jealousy, I live within my means, I have zero debt with a lot saved up, I live a good life. But the egregious use of money on something so incredibly frivolous taken to such an unreasonable extreme makes me kinda sick. I think it's disgusting anytime I see it: movie stars, trust fund rich kids, old white guys, it's always disgusting, capitalism is disgusting.
>>
>>8819794
>>8819806
Seriously I can't believe you guys are so serious about this, it's hilarious. This is like the lolita version of some middle class family getting richer and buying a bunch of armani exchange for the brand name, meanwhile all the rich bitches are laughing at them in prive.

>>8819818
Big brands in fashion are basically to make some chump change off poor and middle class people. The closer you get to the top of the fashion industry the more and more it resembles original pieces of tailored clothing. Also if your really rich this isn't "spending big dosh" this is what you do for clothes.
>>
>>8819839
>This is like the lolita version of some middle class family getting richer and buying a bunch of armani exchange for the brand name, meanwhile all the rich bitches are laughing at them in private.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.
>>
>>8819834
You should probably not be on the internet, or even working your job currently because it's all part of capitalism.

Everything you say is so tumblr it hurts. Sure, it would be nice if super wealthy people spent tons of money donating to charity or some shit, so? You're not helping by bawwing about 'capitalism', that's not why they don't do it. Tons of them do.

It's just pathetic when people sit here and durrdurr over muh capitalism when they don't realize they're just a cog in the system.

Also, you're deluded as fuck if you think that niche brands and 'big brands' are the same. Lolita is about brand loyalty, it's about achieving a look that can't be replicated because the brand is so unique. She buys a lot to be a rich lolita, not just a rich person. Do you honestly think someone who is wealthy and choosing to be a lolita actually cares about her well off peers outside of lolita? That's sad.
>>
>>8819862
she's a lolita tho, she's trying to look cool for other lolita not richpeople.png.
>>
>>8819839
Why are you trying to talk about what rich people do if you clearly aren't wealthy? No one here is talking about 'the wealthy' just some lolita who has tons of money to invest in her fashion. You just sound like a nobody who reads tabloids and watches TMZ all day and think that's how the rich and famous all are.

I was dating a guy who's family bought a multimillion dollar house just to fill it with ikea shit.
>>
>>8819864
>jumping to all these conclusions
I honestly don't give a shit what rich people do with their money, that's really not my beef, I'm just not interested in their overzealous display of material wealth, it's tacky as fuck, especially when they've done nothing to deserve it, it's as bad as poor people buying Louis vuitton bags, it's nouveau riche. But when you do shit like buying a dozen of the same dress in different colors it's the only thing you can do to feel somehow redeemed for such an idiotic action, getting people jealous is part of the package. I think we're all quite well aware of our participation in capitalism, using the term 'cog in the system' is so pedantic it hurts, that doesn't bar us from expressing our disdain.
>>
>>8819160
>mentally ill
>buying all colors/styles of your favorite dress comes off as mentally ill
wow back the fuck up anon
i'm saying this as someone actually with aspergers but that's a fucking shitty comparison to make
at the end of the day, why does it fucking matter so much to you where the money came from and how it's spent? it's THEIR. FUCKING. MONEY. not yours. their economical situation is also different from yours. stop fucking judging them and stop comparing them to the mentally ill while you're at it
>>
>>8819752
i kek'd
>>
>>8819943
>especially when they've done nothing to deserve it
okay but their rich family has
and if their family wants to give some of their wealth to their children who they obviously care about, who are you to judge?
>>
>>8819557
I love seeing unique pieces, especially well done handmade! Honestly, full brand sets are nice to look at, but I've seen them so often now that it's a little boring.
>>
>>8819966
Because there's more to be said for someone who has worked for what they have. I have way more respect for someone who has the patience and willpower to save up for as long as they need to buy what they want instead of it simply being handed to them, there's no struggle, and being able to have patience is an essential life skill. Look at paris hilton or watch any of the I'm 16 and rich shows on mtv, it's a display of what happens to someone who hasn't worked for what they desire, it has a detrimental effect on their character. Sure, their family can throw money at them all they want because they care, but that doesn't mean its healthy. You don't even have to be rich to see what happens when kids sponge off their parents. Maybe this girl has worked for it, but I highly doubt it, buying 12 of the same dress doesn't indicate a need to be a savvy spender.
>>
>>8820200

You need to chill.

We're all in an ornate incredibly materialistic hobby where status and fame comes from a) how much you collect and b) how good you look. Whether or not someone has worked for their Lolita or not, at its core it's not a terribly noble endeavor so I can't care if someone uses daddy's money or not to fund their material escapades.

Let's just all have fun without contemplating how people get their things I guess.
>>
>>8820233
fair enough.
>>
>>8794407
I've been using the same intro pic for years, guess I better change...
>>
>>8800235
comment on the lolibrary listing, or PM lolibrary and they will record it. Sometimes brands don't publish all the info so something gets omitted.
>>
>oh cool there's a guro lolita wardrobe post
*clicks*
mostly not guro
>>
>>8821098
I liked her wardrobe nevertheless, she had some cool pieces and a feel of them were guro/medical themed.
>>
>>8820200
You are making so many assumptions about wealthy people, it's kind of pathetic. Yes, there are plenty of spoiled rich kids who never have to work a day in their lives and have shitty personalities, but there are also plenty of people who come from wealthy families, never work, who are just genuinely good people who don't let that wealth affect the way they treat others and try not to let it take over their world view. Automatically assuming that someone whose family worked hard to provide an easy life for them must be an ungrateful sponge and useless human being is so petty of you. You aren't better than someone else just because your circumstances are different, and being this judgmental is not an indication that you're any kind of great, respectable person yourself.

Also, I'm super frugal aside from lolita and own five of the same dresses, would buy more if it came in more colors. Having a collection of the same dress might make you want to make assumptions about this girl, but at the end of the day, you know nothing about her. Go back to watching trashy MTV shows and seething about those awful wastes of space.
>>
Kinda of disappointed there's no terrible ones so far. What's everyone's favourites and least favourites? My least is still probably the gif one, just for being annoying.
>>
File: WARDROBE 201684.png (658KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
WARDROBE 201684.png
658KB, 800x500px
I am going to begin editing my photos tomorrow, but I have a couple of (probably stupid questions).
First, is there a special tool for making layouts like this in PS?
Second, are there downloadable filters for PS, or will I have to go through and manually edit all 200 photos? I'd like one that softens and fades the images a bit.
I appreciate any help/hints. I feel stupid for not knowing jack shit about PS and bad for making my friend help me with this all tomorrow.
>>
>>8824998
I don't think there's a special tool but it should be quite easy to create a simple collage layout. not sure how the rounded edges happen myself desu but it's probably like a 5 second google search.
there are no preset filters to my knowledge but you can just put a softening layer on all of them, shouldn't take much.
you can do it anon, there's so many guides on it that you should have no issues. I've learned most of my PS skills besides the first lasso-copy-paste things on my own by just trying shit, and googling.
>>
>>8824998
Doing the round edges is pretty easy, just google it I know there are tutorials out there.

For filters you can search for photoshop actions, there are tons of free actions around. You can also run the actions for all pics at once using automate > batch. Sorry I'm on my phone right now so I can't link you tutorials.
>>
>>8824998
Just use an online collage maker
>>
>>8825022
Any suggestions? Most I've found aren't that great and either want to slap their logo on your shit or really aren't that great.
>>
>>8824998

I'd highly suggest Automate>Batch as well if you don't want to be bothered with editing, but personally it will never give you as much control as the Levels adjustment layer. Move the output slider (furthest left, second row) to the right to lighten blacks. You can fine-tune contrast using the first row of sliders.

On mobile at the moment so can't screenshot, but here's the Adobe help article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/levels-adjustment.html
>>
>>8824465

I skipped that gif post, it made my head spin.

On a related note, does anyone know who has some of the biggest wardrobes in the comm this time round?

I want to see how crazy some girls' collections can get.
>>
>>8825787
Well, pyro42 hasn't posted yet, but she's planning to this year so it will probably be the largest. There was someone else last year with a huge wardrobe but sold lots of it off for her wedding.
>>
Oh my god who fucking cares about chinese lolita being nouveau riche as fuck and buying loads of lolita burando? It's like, their money. Whatever. Post more wardrobes and stop whining.
But so many chinese lolitas became rich like why the fuck is that all of a sudden?
Also brands (AP especially) are catering to them like crazy for that delicious money. AP became a real cash cow lately.
>>
File: _DSC0090.jpg (792KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0090.jpg
792KB, 2144x1424px
I think my camera is shot. I spent a few hours when I was at my parents using my dressform to take nice photos, and they all looked fantastic on the camera screen... until I uploaded them onto my computer. Looks like I'll be retaking them on my phone ;__;
>>
>>8826192
is this one you took on your camera? the quality is quite good and very decent for a wardrobe post
>>
>>8826192
What was different, the lighting? I'm sure you can just fuck around with it in photoshop.
>>
File: 1453456478164.jpg (414KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1453456478164.jpg
414KB, 500x744px
>>8826192
Like I can't even into photoshop but
>>
File: _DSC0096.jpg (784KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0096.jpg
784KB, 2144x1424px
>>8826207
>>8826204
Yeah it's the lighting that's the issue. I tried shooping them and some of them turned out alright but some of them are like this and the print ends up looking neon
>>
>>8826192
Anon, they don't look that horrible!
Seen much worse, you can definitely post them and not worry about it.

It's the indoor lights causing this though.
I have the same problem when I take pictures for my sales.
In daylight they are often over exposed, and with the curtain closed, light on, using flash they become very bad quality where you can't see any detail and it's all blurry.
Yours look nice compared to that really.
Don't know how to improve it either.
>>
File: 1453456478164 Kopie.jpg (2MB, 1424x2144px) Image search: [Google]
1453456478164 Kopie.jpg
2MB, 1424x2144px
>>8826217
I would like to help you out, but my photoshop is in German and I don't know what the adjustments are called in English.
>>
File: 39184_600.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
39184_600.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
Taking photos of my relatively small wardrobe, I realized that if I ever had a pretty big wardrobe (like 25+ main pieces with a good amount of coordinating items), I would never be able to do this. It took me over 2 and 1/2 hours to just photograph my shitty like 10 piece wardrobe and another 2-3 more to edit them all.

I really like the old school wardrobe that was just posted. It's been nice to see that girl get better at coording over the years, and I think old school really suits her.
>>
>>8825027
I'm pretty fond of Fotor's collage tool desu, used it for my wardrobe post this year
www.fotor.com/app.html#!module/collage/tool/ClassicTemplate
>>
>>8826403
oh, i thought it only filtered the acronym version, that's odd, but even spelled out or the adverb version seem to as well. huh
sage for offtopic but is there a masterlist of all the current filter things? i know a /pol/fag friend of mine mentioned another few, but i'm curious to see how many there actually are rn
>>
What's the best size to post your photos as?
I know the first one has to be like 500px or under, but what about the rest?
Livejournal is honestly the worst for formatting posts.
>>
File: image.jpg (521KB, 1424x2142px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
521KB, 1424x2142px
>>8826192
>>
>>8826217
In photoshop go to filter > camera raw filter. There you can set the white balance to auto or manually correct it, fix the exposure, and fix the clarity, sharpness, remove noise, etc of the image.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (870KB, 2000x1506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
870KB, 2000x1506px
>>8826813
Here are my results. Though you are especially going to have issues because you shot with flash. Shooting in daylight would make it easier.
>>
Why haven't there been any bad ones? Are the noobs entirely gone from LJ now?

I loved that cat one that was just posted.
>>
>>8826509
450x300 for lager wardrobes
600x400 for smaller ones

The more pictures you have, the smaller you make your pics. I don't want to scroll hours through an post if there are too many pictures.
>>
>>8826180
>But so many chinese lolitas became rich like why the fuck is that all of a sudden?
How stupid are you? China is steadily becoming an economic super power.
>>
>it's weekend bitches
>no new posts on Saturday
>Sunday is almost over where I live
>no new posts in sight
I guess livejournal is really dead by now. On weekends there used to be the most posts on average and now nobody even posts on a fucking weekend anymore. I liked the last few ones a lot and I wish the quality would continue. Fuck that.
>>
>>8829738
I tried to post mine before the weekend so that people could enjoy it Friday night or Saturday morning.
More disappointing than the lack of posts is the lack of people looking and commenting, in my opinion. Even the couple of big, really nice wardrobes have hardly any comments compared even to last year or 2014.
I'm glad that I did it for my own record, but the lack of response is pretty disheartening.
>>
>>8829754
Absolutely, I have about half the comments I received last year and I don't think I'll be participating after this year. It's just disheartening.
>>
>>8826863
that cat one was amazing oh my god

also the girl with all the bread themed stuff (and bad puns about it); i feel like she's gotta be one of us
>>
where are all the tumblr wardrobes? I checked #eglwardrobe and #egl wardrobe but it's pretty few posts
>>
>>8829906
I used #eglwardrobe and #wardrobe post but I didn't see that many other people post them either. If I have time maybe I'll make a list.
>>
>>8829754
I got more comments in my first year, which had about 15 items and worse photography, than this year, which was like 5x more stuff.
>>
>>8829906
Several seem to be under the tag Wardrobe post
>>
Even the posts on Tumblr don't seem to receive a lot of attention. Does the community not care about wardrobe posts anymore?
>>
>>8829906
>>8829919
I used egl-wardrobe and egl, however I divided my wardrobe into several posts because of 10 picture per post limit. Now I'm wondering if I should add eglwardrobe as well.
>>
>>8819637
>Sitting on daddy's money and hitting buy will do nothing for your moral fiber or character
>it just make you spoiled and useless.
I think I've gotten enough character and fiber through the years to last a life time. I'm ready to be spoiled and useless now.
>>
>>8831312
Pretty sure it's where they are posted. Lj is outdated, so most don't have one. Tumblr posts are difficult to find and awkward to make comments.
You guys did this to yourselves.
>>
>>8831363
What the fuck is your comment even supposed to mean? Where should we be posting them, your holiness?
>>
>>8819954
Tumlr go away
>>
>>8831312
Idk why we aren't posting them on Facebook.
It kind of surprises me that closet of frills or rufflechat doesn't make an exception for wardrobe posts in January.
>>
>>8831384
Facebook would be a fucking terrible place for it.

Also I like LiveJournal's kinda-anonymity, as opposed to Facebook which has people from work etc on it.
>>
>>8831384
Some people do post theirs on facebook. I, for one, have no desire to have all of my frilly shit in albums on my facebook, where I am connected with my coworkers, academic colleagues, and nosy, uptight family members.
FB is the worst for lolita communities, imo. Even the bump format of the groups is really shit for discussions.

Has anyone crossposted theirs to lacebook?
>>
>>8831422
This. Facebook is worse.
And don't even pretend Lacebook is better with lolitas that can't even get in, let alone new lolitas.
>>
>>8831370
Sorry if I sound resentful of the move, but Facebook and tumblr was a terrible place to move the community.
>>
>>8831469
Why did you direct that at me, then? Did I ever say I petitioned for the move or even liked it? No.
I posted mine to LJ and my blog-blog, and I barely use fb or tumblr for lolita. I really wish the LJ community was still going strong, even if that website is a piece of shit, because neither FB or tumblr are good spaces for communities like lolita. I want lacebook to take off just because it will be nice to have a space like that. LB is far from perfect, but it's better than what we have now.
>>8831466
You can get in pretty easily, unless you're one of the anons that is very against letting a handful of people know your real name. They might have even allowed a work around this.
I'm a relatively new lone lolita and was able to shoot them an email and get an invite in like a week. I am also happy that total newbies can't get in right away, because it keeps total messes from getting in.
>>
>>8831422
Wardrobe posts especially seem like weird conspicuous consumption to people not in the fashion. My family are fine with frilly shit but not the cost aspect. If I posted an album of all my shit on Facebook, with names so that they could then look up the value of each piece, it could cause some serious conflict.
>>
File: 1438078437345s.jpg (3KB, 125x99px) Image search: [Google]
1438078437345s.jpg
3KB, 125x99px
>>8831363
>>8831469
>>8831482
So would it be pointless to making an account on egl at this point in time since its so dead? I've never been social in the community before online and as you guys said FB and tumblr isn't that good for it
>>
>>8831605
Seriously. When I had a dress delivered to my family's home because I was going to be there for the holidays, my mother flipped out when she saw the customs slip and realized that I'd spent 400 on a dress, and I'm an adult with a good job.
>>8831615
I'd say make one to be able to comment/follow easily if you want to. It's not like it's hard to do, and LJ doesn't spam your email or anything
>>
>>8831399
>>8831422
You can make filtered groups of your acquaintances so that your facebook posts are filtered to only the people who are interested in it.

I have an album of the stock photos of stuff i own on facebook, filtered so only my Lolita friends can see it. It's mostly so I can easily look at what i own if i'm debating buying something. Maybe a little to show off.
>>
>>8831845
If you wanted to share that to a group, it would need to be public, though, wouldn't it? Not to mention the number of people I would need to filter out is way too high
>>
>>8831482
>you guys
It wasn't directed at you anon. You just interpreted it that way.
>>
>>8831482
I really hope lacebook doesn't take off. Actually I know it won't with the invite system and real name requirement to a bunch of unknown mods. As other anons have said, you need new blood to keep the community alive.
>>
>>8826821
Please for the love of God straighten these photos. Nice photos that are lopsided make me go crazy.
>>
>>8831812
My family are only fine with it because they've seen me sell dresses for the price I paid, so in their eyes the dresses at least retain value. I don't tell them about my customs charges on first hand items though.
>>
>>8831852
You can choose to show the post to nobody except a select few.
>>
>>8831852
Also if you post a wardrobe post in a group, if the group is closed, only the people in the group would be able to see it
>>
>>8832297
I wanted to be a part of Lacebook the first time round, but seeing as I'm a lone lolita who knows nobody, it was impossible for me to get an invite unless I asked somebody I didn't know for an invite which made me feel a little strange.
>>
>>8832888
You can just email them with some basic info now, you don't need to know anyone.
>>
The first actually bad wardrobe got posted. I'm surprised it took this long.
>>
> 26th. Have only photographed half my wardrobe.

I've been a bit lazy with it, but I do enjoy making a wardrobe post. I've done one every year since starting the fashion, and it's been interesting to see how my wardrobe and coording abilities have evolved.
I also use it to weed out items, if I can get though coording my entire wardrobe without using a piece, its not much use and I will sell it.

It's probably going to be posted late at this rate...
>>
>>8832938
The one with all of the replicas?
Her wardrobe is bad, but the photos are nowhere near as awful as some of the trainwrecks there used to be.
Are replicas even allowed to be posted to egl, though?

>>8833044
You can do it, anon!
>>
>>8832916
>basic info
Yeah, no. Basic info would be lacemarket or livejournal username.
"We will approve Lolitas who meet the following criteria:

-must have to active social media presence lolita with a minimum of one year of activity That shows you wearing a Lolita Tumblr only showing reblogs is not acceptable (blog, FB, tumblr, IG or LJ are ok)
-must own or wear lolita items
-must not have any content related to the sexualization of children or individuals in lolita fashion posted on social media
-must not have been Banned From Any Other lolita communities for any reason.
-must have some circumstance Preventing you from Obtaining to invite code (your friend running out of codes does not count!)

Additionally, final approval is up to the moderators, ultimately. Membership is limited on Lacebook to create a safe environment. If Moderators feel for any reason you may contribute to unsafe environment at they will deny Your Application.
If you think you meet the criteria, please reply to this email with this completed form:

Legal Name:
Link to social media account (more than two or more preferred, must show photos of you in lolita and must be over 1 year old, can not be multiple tumblr accounts):
Why are you unable to obtain to invite code?"
>>
>>8833063
Fucking hell, I'd have better chance becoming part of the illuminati because I don't have a tumblr, I rarely post lolita stuff on Facebook and if I do its all private, fb is the only social networking site I use.

Well shit.
>>
>>8833063
The only info they require of you is your name and a link to one social media (preferred being the key word).
Why is it wrong for them to want to limit it to people who are actually active online when it's a SOCIAL media network? The reason the FB groups are so clogged with armchair lolitas who don't even wear the fucking fashion yet think they should comment on things is because those groups don't have rules like that.
Making lolitas be around for a year isn't going to stop the flow of fresh blood. It's going to keep out dumb newbies.
Also, I'd personally prefer they not allow banned people and those who mix sex and lolita (or who openly into shit like shota and loli jfc) on the site.
Like, seriously, if you don't want to join, whatever, but I fail to see how those things are such egregious infringements on one's privacy.
>>
>>8833071
Yeah, I know a lot of girls in my comm who have run out of codes, still hoping someone from my comm will invite me because I've been wearing lolita two years but avoided Tumblr for ages and have no lolita-related posts on Facebook that aren't both private and under a year old. I wonder if I can get someone in the local comm to vouch for me, or send them older photos I didn't post online?
>>
>>8833077
They also require an explanation of why you couldn't get an invite code. It's also at their discretion if you "pass" or not.

I agree with keeping creeps out, but they don't need my name or social media. One coordinate photo would suffice as you can deduce a lot from that.

And anon, I'd like to join, but they've yet to respond after two weeks. I'm guessing they use real names to look people up on Google/Facebook.
>>
>>8833103
I still don't get why your friend running out of codes isn't a valid reason, nobody in my comm has any left.
>>
>>8833103
Send them an email again. They didn't respond for like 5 days to one of mine, so I shot them another and they responded in like a day.
Explaining not having an invite code is as easy as "I'm a lone lolita." If your friends have run out of codes for the month, just wait a bit.
Again, I think the name and social media for 1 year thing is to weed out total newbies/keep out potential bad apples, particularly scammers/drama cows. It's easy to create new social media profiles/names, it's not easy when you have to show ones with a history.
And while yes, it is "at their discretion," no one has posted about being denied yet.
>>8833098
You get 3 codes per month, so if nothing else they'll be able to invite you come February.
>>
>>8833103
I also don't mind giving my real name but they never responded to me and it's been a month. I've had a Livejournal for two years and a LM for a year and a half, but not much other social media.
>>
>>8833115
Derp, I had no idea, I thought it was 3 codes ever. I should be able to get in soon then.
>>
>>8833115
But I don't even know these mods. How can I trust them?
Also how are you supposed to know you've been denied. They simply don't respond? Because I'm not the only one.
>>
>>8833063
>>8833077
>>8833098
>>8833103
>>8833112
>>8833115
>>8833116
>>8833118
>>8833129
Can we have a separate Lacebook thread? I want to discuss wardrobes.
>>
Super excited that most the oujis posted this year. I got the feeling that ouji got a lot more popular in 2015 and I was interested in seeing how people had incorporated it into their wardrobes but it looks like only the few more well-known oujis have anything very decent or interesting. Ghostintheforest's hats are fucking crazy.
>>
The tiny one that was just posted... how have you been wearing the fashion/buying items for 3 years and only own 3 main pieces?

Since we're nearing the end, who are everyone's favorites? Mine are probably Buttcape's and Tealmenagerie's for the presentation. I like carmidoll's, too.
>>
>>8835043
I liked the themed wardrobes this year. The cat one and that Metal collection with the Teddy Motors. Also, ones that I can remember by name, Darkxdelirium for a super great variety of styles, and Ghostinaforest for hats.
>>
>>8835043
I'm kind of surprised since I used to browse egl a lot in 2014 and that girl was always posting like she knew shit. I guess a very limited budget combined with selling stuff off? It's two years not three, but I personally know someone who literally has two dresses at the moment, since they sold about six Bodyline pieces and managed to buy one AP dress with the money, then another with money they'd saved.
>>
>>8835096
Yeah, it would be okay if any of her pieces were any good. I like how she says that she's finally "pinpointed her style" like ???? You don't even have good old school.
>>
>>8835076
Oh, I totally forgot about Teddy Motors anon! I loved that one, too. I want one of the suits.
>>8835096
Yeah, I guess more than the 3 years thing is that none of her pieces are even that good. I'm fine with newbies posting tiny wardrobes, since it's cool seeing how they grow, but her three pieces were meh and her other items didn't even seem all that cohesive.
I think that one and the replica one that was posted recently are the worst so far.
>>
I find it so awkward when people have really amazing pieces but present them in such a bland way that somehow the post manages to be super boring. One recent post had Cat's Tea Party, Honey Cake, and Romantic Rose Letter, among other sought after prints, but they were just displayed so blah and the photography was eh, so it didn't seem worth it to comment.
>>
>>8835914
Yeah, I'd rather see all Bodyline photographed nicely than poorly shot brand.
>>
>>8835914
I know who you're bitching about. Seems like you're just jealous, desu. There was nothing wrong with how she presented her wardrobe.
>>
>>8835927
>tfw I'm a gothic lolita who doesn't wear prints
no???? I just like seeing nice presentation??
>>
>>8835977
go???? back to tumblr with all your needles question marks????
>>
>>8835914
I agree. Presentation is important, and one of the hardest things for me when I did it last year was waiting for decent lighting and then editing all of the photos.
I always enjoy looking at the mint chocolate one that was just posted.
>>
Seeing all these wardrobe posts made me realize how much I lack in the accessory department.
>>
>>8836108
Same, anon. My wardrobe is severely lacking in the accessory and bag department. I want to buy more jewelry and hats this year.
>>
Is it customary to post you're entire wardrobe, or can you just post highlights? I have like 3 of that BL corset skirt everyone has, along with those BL headdresses that everyone's seen before, and I don't wanna be redundant.
>>
>>8836514
It's up to you honestly
>>
>>8836514
Personally, if I have a lot of one thing (like several cuts of a print, or one thing in multiple colourways) I'll group them together. I love seeing people with lots of one thing, because it shows how much they like that thing.

There have been a few wardrobes that have just been highlights, such as Vysanthe's, and imo, those are usually successful only if you put more work into what you're highlighting. Like, they should look pretty good because it's what you've chosen out of everything to display.
>>
Well Pyro_42's was a big dingy mess :/
>>
>>8838878
Uh what? It looked fine to me, just huge
>>
>>8838911
A lot of her stuff needed ironing/steaming & was not well presented
>>
>>8838878
The fuck are you on about? Despite the massive paragraph apologising for the quality, the picture quality was nicer than most wardrobes and I can forgive her not taking individual photos.
>>
>checks egl
>all these wardrobes posted today
now this is what i was waiting for
>why the fuck does everyone wait until the last minute though
>>
>>8838985
>the picture quality was nicer than most wardrobes
this t b h
>>
>tfw 14 hour shifts every day this month except for two weekends
>tfw no time to photograph my wardrobe because I come in at 6:30 am and leave at 8
>also live in the northern hemisphere and I like natural light in my wardrobe
>between my pickiness and my schedule no time to photograph the wardrobe at all

Oh well. There's always next year I guess.
>>
>>8839391
just take a quick video and throw it on youtube, anon, I'd watch it even if it was after January.
>>
>>8836001
You sound mad.
>>
So now that the month is pretty much over, which wardrobes did you guys enjoy the most?
>>
With my work schedule and the weather last 2 weeks being dismal, Iv'e only been able to photograph about half my wardrobe, will people get pissy if I post it late?
>>
>>8835043
Who'se wardrobe was the tiny one? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>8840746
Only if it's bad
>>
>>8840659
I guess the one titled guro lolita. She has some unique pieces, really like the whole grotesque look. And I'd tear the white hNaoto OP off her dead body if I could.

I haven't really looked at anything that was sweet or poorly photographed though.
>>
>>8836514
If your wardrobe is over 40 main pieces, you can pretty much do whatever you want and skip however much you want. If it's smaller than that, group like items together.
>>
All the last minute wardrobes are pouring in.

I find it interesting that terrayla photographed the backs of everything, but the timeline of her wardrobe is super cringy. Like why would you admit to being a bodyline hoarder and then a replica hoarder.
>>
I still have about 10 main pieces to photograph (I have a wardrobe of close to 40) it's taking a while because I'm coording each piece. I think by the time I've finished photographing everything and edit it will be way too late to post to egl.
I'm thinking of just posting a coord or two a week for the next few weeks to my IG/Tumblr. Would people get sick of me spamming my coord shots for so long?
>>
I have pics of all my main pieces and I just need pics of my accessories. Is it worth posting this late? I have about 30 pieces so it's a smaller wardrobe.
>>
>>8841984
Just post it. Either to tumblr or to EGL.
>>
>>8841885
What. Are you fucking serious? Are you also ashamed of being an angsty teen when you were 13 or shitting your pants when you were 1?
>>
File: taken.gif (635KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
taken.gif
635KB, 500x281px
>Takes pictures of my whole wardrobe on my phone because it has a good camera
>"Best wait with the editing until I get back home because my desktop computer has Photoshop"
>Head on bus back home for the weekend
>Discover phone isn't on me
>Had it in my pocket only a few moments ago
>Run around the whole central bus station area but no one has seen it
>Kind lady lets me use her phone to call it
>Phone has been turned off
>It was stolen.
>Hope the thieves likes pictures of frilly dresses

I already blocked the accounts I was logged into on my phone so they can't access my information. I guess I'll just wait until next year to post my wardrobe, and move the pictures to the computer as soon as I take them.
>>
>>8798459
No Iron Gate is Peter.
>>
How do you feel about similar comments being posted by the same user to every wardrobe post? Do you think it is appreciation or just trying to collect comments for herself?
>>
>>8842888
Piter.

But let's be honest, Iron Gate is more of a Viago, really.
>>
>>8843096
Piter? Petyr. Something not Peter.
>>
>>8843099
Pyotr
>>
>>8843089
I feel like you have no life for noticing that.

Besides it's not really working out. All the wardrobes that were posted during the last 3-4 days only received like 10 comments or less, even the really good ones. If they were posted 1-2 weeks earlier some of them would have received around 40 comments in total.
At the end of the month nobody cares anymore. Most people already posted theirs and feel no need to comment on others anymore and most the late posters don't care about leaving comments either. They just post their wardrobe and then disappear. These comment collectors are definitely a minority but I personally prefer them over all those people that only come to EGL to share their wardrobe, and expect their wardrobe to be recognized and appreciated. But they don't even bother to leave a comment on a single other wardrobe or to show some appreciation themselves. The community feel is gone which makes me sad. It's all about showing off nowadays. That's why the community is dead.
>>
>>8843204
Not that anon but I noticed too. Doesn't take much effort to see the same person making the same comment on every post if you've been browsing for a couple minutes.
>>
>>8843089
I would say appreciation, but maybe it's because I'm someone who enjoyed commenting this year and tried commenting on most posts. I feel like EGL is really dead, with even the wardrobe theme was pathetic this year, so I just wanted to try and help liven things up.
As far as being them all being similar, I try to point out one thing I really enjoyed about each wardrobe, but it's going to get a little formulaic in the same way a compliment sandwich is formulaic. I feel like it's nicer than just saying "Thanks for posting!" or saying nothing at all.
>>
>>8842125
Most people, after two years, don't describe themselves as replica hoarders. That's not something everyone does. It's awkward.
>>
>>8843249
Yeah, I post on most wardrobes but I try to say something I liked about it at least. The person making the same comment isn't even trying to compliment anyone.
>>
>>8794864
>>8795064
These made the thread for me.
>>
File: _DSC0258_meitu_1.jpg (404KB, 1599x898px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0258_meitu_1.jpg
404KB, 1599x898px
Hey gulls, shameless self-promotion here.
Please check out my wardrobe post and let me know what you think. This is only my second video (first not using my phone's camera).
https://youtu.be/CFLFs6n3gNY
>>
>>8843833
i really like your video, though my main advice would be to get a better mic as it sounds very raspy and harsh
a question to you and other lolitas with big closets, are you a lifestyle lolita? how do you accumulate so many pieces? are you well off or has it been collecting them and working hard through the years? im sure its a combination but i see some girls witha ridiculous amounts of dresses and accessories that i cant help but to wonder
>>
>>8843925
Different anon with a 30+ main pieces wardrobe here.
>are you a lifestyle lolita?
No. Lolita is my default style on my days off, but 5 days a week I have to dress formal.
>how do you accumulate so many pieces?
First, stable income and my own apartment. I am not rich, my salary is actually below average, but I have money I can invest in my hobbies.
Second, I buy lolita for cheap. Japanese second hand shops, auctions, sales, luckypacks. I rarely buy dresses for retail price, usually 1/2 and sometimes 1/5 retail. I also buy on taobao.
Third, I make my own clothing.
>>
Anybody planning to participate in Dress me up (february EGL theme)? Wanna see participants with actual wardrobes.
BTW, how does this girl with literally 3 pieces think someone will coordinate for her?
>>
>>8843925
I've been in the fashion for about 5 years. I believe its a combination of both, work, saving and constantly selling. Last year I got a job that paid very well and was able to buy myself a set every month. Sadly thats nit the case anymore, so I retort to selling my dresses constantly.
Thank you for your interest and feedback.
>>
Well, it's past January and we finally got a pretty shitty non-lolita post. I should be annoyed but I'm kind of glad. There's a great aspect of thinking that her wardrobe was worth posting past the deadline and thinking it was worth posting at all that kind of tickles me.
>>
How many of you have new dream dresses after looking through people's wardrobe posts?
>>
Spent a lot of time photographing everything this year with less reponce than previous year, will probably be my last since there doesnt seem to be much point anymore.
>>
>>8844794
Same. The response for all of that work was underwhelming.
>>
>>8844496
and more so that she signed up for the Feb dress up theme. Like you have one dress no one can Dress you up because you have ONE thing to dress in.
>>
>>8845209
That's hilarious. Her partner should just give her a really nice, expensive coord of items she doesn't own. Like, "Sorry you don't have a wardrobe. Maybe you should try and buy this?"
>>
>>8843833
The good:
I enjoyed the music. It didn't distract from your voice and filled the silence nicely.

Suggestions for improvement:
Voiceovers are fine for when you're not in the frame like when you were recording your headwear/legwear, but it I personally prefer you talk as you take out each dress as it feels more natural. I know it's harder to do, especially if you can't get good sound. Just a personal preference.
The audio quality was already mentioned so I won't go into it.
I think you would also benefit from better lighting. It's very yellow-toned. A nice lighting kit would improve the video quality. You can find some good ones on Amazon for less than $100.

Not related to the video, but what are you using/where did you find the thing to hang up your purses?
>>
>>8845333
I forgot to mention your transitions/editing were good as well.
>>
>>8845333
Thank you so much for all your observations, I did a oice over due to shyness. I'll look into lightning kits because I do struggle with lighting.

The thing I hang my purses with can be found on Walmart.
>>8843925
Oh! I forgot to mention, I'm not a lifestyle lolita for several reasons. I don't live in the safest place ever so when going out I have to avoid getting attention to myself, Instead I wear the fashion when I go out of town with my boyfriend or conventions.
>>
>>8845247
Kek
>>
how was the turnout this year? are stragglers still posting?
>>
>>8847964
Yeah, there was one yesterday, but it was nice so no complaints here
>>
>>8794407
/thread

>>8794410
these are adorable!
>>
>>8847964
Theres a nice otome one that got posted
>>
>>8794401
not to me. I read up on people's reviews of the wardrobe posts in styles I like then look at those in addition to the ones I liked last year, to see what they have added. That's it. I like to see coord posts in almost all styles but wardrobe posts in styles I don't wear are just dead boring to me.
>>
>>8852509
Link?
>>
>>8838878
it's good to see that too though so when someone says 'oh kept stored, perfect condition,' in their sales post, then you can reference how they really keep their collection. nope.
>>
>>8836108
me too, it's the hardest area for me but the one I need to focus on most now to round out my coords and collection.
>>
>>8838878
>>8852540
It wasn't dingy at all, though. I can understand if you think her presentation was shit, but there was nothing unclean about it.
>>
Ugh. Why the hell do people think it is okay to make wardrobe posts, still? Bitches had a whole month to post. If you didn't make it by the deadline, keep your pics and post next year. While it's nice to see activity on EGL, it's frustrating to see so many people posting past the deadline.
>>
Kinda sad to see so few comments. I think the most I saw on a wardrobe post was 70?
>>
>>8852618
people have repeatedly suggested 2 wardrobe post months per year either on LJ, elsewhere, or both Jan and June... I think it's a good idea. I don't like the Feb posts either.
>>
>>8852553
It's an impressive wardrobe, no question but I guess it all just looked wrinkled and not neat against the rumpled ?sheet?...like it just got pulled from a stuffed closet and sort of thrown down in sections.
>>
File: 1373710666715.gif (1MB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1373710666715.gif
1MB, 500x352px
>>8852618
Sorry I spent the majority of January in the hospital, I'll try harder to not be sick next year
>>
>>8852656
people are too used to hitting like. Also it's not as impressive anyone. It's so much easier to buy lolita clothes now as apposed to even 3 or so years ago.
>>
>>8852809
This. When I started buying lolita and getting active in the community back in mid-late 2012, it was still considered pretty good if you had several nice brand dresses and a cohesive, if somewhat small, wardrobe. Now, if you don't have more than 10-15 dresses, you might as well not post. Standards have really skyrocketed, I think.
>>
>>8852809
You're right about standards, I always try to think of a nice comment about the ones I look at but lolita is quite easily available now, a lot of people have collections that are kind of large but not at all cohesive or full of shit. I find more and more that I'm impressed by wardrobes where you can see stuff that would match together, regardless of size.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.