[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complex Cosplays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 16

Can we get a complicated/complex cosplay thread going?

I want to start a big sewing project this year but can't find anything that inspires me.
>>
File: ac-dorothea.jpg (87KB, 850x700px) Image search: [Google]
ac-dorothea.jpg
87KB, 850x700px
Is there a type of design you're looking for in particular ? Armor, big dresses, Sakizou-like stuff that is covered in details from head to toe ?

In the meantime, here's Dorothea from Avalon Code since she always pops up in these threads
>>
Here is the queen of hearts from ever after high. She also did the hat party version of Lizzie, iirc.
>>
>>8792670
I'm pretty open anon! I'm probably leaning more towards big dress and Sakizou like designs and I'm trying to avoid armor as I'm working on an armor project at the moment.
>>
File: tumblr_m6j7gbr0JE1ryuswso8_1280.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6j7gbr0JE1ryuswso8_1280.png
2MB, 1280x720px
My big cosplay project I hope to achieve someday is the Virgo Zodiarts from Kamen Rider Fourze.
>>
>>
File: ace-of-spades-by-cyberdelics.jpg (266KB, 645x949px) Image search: [Google]
ace-of-spades-by-cyberdelics.jpg
266KB, 645x949px
gonna dump what I have saved
>>
File: 5092-1620329677.jpg (114KB, 544x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5092-1620329677.jpg
114KB, 544x1000px
>>8792782
also everything by sakizou
>>
>>8792783
>>
>>8792786
>>
>>8792786
But i'm toying with doing one of the girls from solitaire knights but I know no one will know who I am I just love the designs
>>
>>8792788
This is my fave
>>
File: lia_de_beaumont_by_cherubjibril.jpg (264KB, 1025x779px) Image search: [Google]
lia_de_beaumont_by_cherubjibril.jpg
264KB, 1025x779px
>>8792782
>>8792788
>>8792790
Do you have more of these? I'm really digging these designs.
>>
File: detail_chara_13.png (470KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
detail_chara_13.png
470KB, 580x580px
Granblue Fantasy has some really cool complex outfits
>>
File: 4.jpg (299KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
299KB, 600x693px
>>8792844
>>
>>8792636
I don't get people just cosplaying something because it's complicated. Isn't the point of cosplay to show that your a fan of a series/game/whatever?

Maybe it's a pet peeve, but I really don't like when people just pick a costume because it's pretty without any background on the source material.

If you want to make something for complexity's sake, do a straight up historical costume and go to a sewing/costuming con.
>>
>>8792891

Luckily for everyone else they don't have to pass your little purity test before being allowed to use their time, money, and skill to create beautiful costumes to show off to appreciative audiences.
>>
>>8792679
were those wings painted in ps? Sure look like it
>>
>>8792891
a skilled cosplayer/seamstress/sewer or what have you will eventually want a challenge. They get a challenge, up their skills, and have an amazing cosplay to show for it. Once you grow up, you'll understand.
>>
>>8792891
>I don't like it when people cosplay for the WRONG REASONS!!1!
>Nobody is allowed to enjoy the craftsmanship aspect of cosplay because it bothers me

Pssstttt, people tend to cosplay because they either like the character or they like the design. Throwing a fit over the latter makes you sound like a child.
>>
File: Elementalist.jpg (65KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Elementalist.jpg
65KB, 640x960px
The complication is fun. Sometimes you just like a challenge, and to test your sewing skills/try out new things.

I personally (when I pick characters like this), will pick up the series during/after to get a feel for the character, if for no other reason to help with photos.
>>
>>8793131
It's Kamen Rider. You expect the effects to be good?
>>
>>8792891

Yes. And I'm a fan of sewing. That's my fandom.

Historical garments aren't that hard unless you go hard and handsew everything. They're pretty straightforward and don't have the batshit engineering challenges anime and games have
>>
>>8792786
This is gorgeous!
Does anyone know where this is from? Or whose work this is?
>>
>>8794008
Part of cosplaying is being able to replicate the character. If your just wearing the outfit then you are not really cosplaying you are just wearing the costume and not playing the part.
>>
File: queenb.jpg (92KB, 650x671px) Image search: [Google]
queenb.jpg
92KB, 650x671px
i dont think this is considered cosplay but damn i wouldnt mind making that dress if i knew how
>>
>>8797447
No you don't have to play the character, I hate people who thinks I have to play pretend in a cosplay
>>
>>8792670
Im attempting this behemoth at the end of the year.
>>
>>8797481
Is there anywhere I can follow your progress ? I'd love to see it, there is so little Avalon Code cosplay (I did Duran last year and I'll be making Heath this year if everything goes well)
>>
>>8797447

OK so I'm wearing a costume then somebody alert the weeb police to kick me out of con
>>
I once picked a complicated costume for the challenge and watched the series whilst i sewed, ended up hating my character for being a whiny little bitch.

picking complex cosplays for the challenge is great, though. There are so many well designed, interesting and intricate costumes.
>>
>>8792891
For some reason I just haven't really liked most of the media out there that incorporates a lot of big, fancy ballgowns and stuff into its character design. But I fucking love sewing and especially love putting my time, money, and effort into something that will be absolutely beautiful in the end.

Historical stuff isn't the same as fictional series, and often it holds even more weight because if you do things that are slightly wrong for the time period you'll get chewed up a lot worse than messing up a little bit on a fictional design.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.