[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General Countdown to 2016 edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 28

File: w_ap_snow.jpg (163KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
w_ap_snow.jpg
163KB, 338x500px
Old one >>8778623

General lolita Threads:
Closet of Frills >>8785724
Price Check thread >>8768105
Coord help thread >>8738411
Lucky Pack thread >>8787154
Wadrobe thread >>8759616
Handmade thread >>8776803
Lolita Comms thread >>8776741
Dream Dress thread >>8786704
Indie accessories thread >>8765802

specific threads:
Old school thread >>8753341
OTT Sweet thread >>8763478
Brolita thread >>8713032
Bodyline thread >>8730712
good Bodyline coords thread >>8772478
>>
File: 2016tokyo_happybag.jpg (425KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
2016tokyo_happybag.jpg
425KB, 612x859px
>>
>>8788492
You know when this dress first came out I never thought too much of it. Then the first re-release happen and I started to see cute coords of it, I considered getting it. Then the next re-release happened and the next one, and the MTO... Now I'm just sick of seeing it. AP please put this dress out to pasture.
>>
>>8788492
Again?? Might have gotten it if it came in ivory but eh.
>>
>>8788492
Oh boo... I was hoping for other prints
>>
>>8788492
AGAIN??
And still no MCD. I'm losing hope for that ever happening.
>>
>>8788492
I'm the only one who's remotely excited haha. Hopefully it's less of a blood bath since everyone else seems tired of it. I wish they would release more new things, though.
>>
File: img06.jpg (532KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
img06.jpg
532KB, 612x859px
>>8788492
here are some of the other sets
>>
>>8788588
I'm disappointed because I was hoping they were going to release another misty sky set. Was there really that big a demand for sweet scream house?
>>
File: again.jpg (461KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
again.jpg
461KB, 612x859px
>>8788591
dropped pic
>>
So question. Has anyone ever been charged by AP Japan, but gotten no confirmation email? I was trying to get chocolate rosette a few weeks ago, it sent a pending charge to my credit card, but I got no confirmation email and it doesn't show up in my history. I assumed it would go away, but now it's changed to a finalized transaction. There is still no dress in my history.
I plan to email about it, but I'm still curious if this has happened to anyone before.
>>
>>8788588
Will this be released online?
>>
>>8788727
Definitely contact them asap. It could be a system issue.
>>
>want to get into LP hype but I can't
>just feels like I'm buying brand's cheap, leftover unsellables with the offchance I might get something good
>look at peoples' LP hauls for convincing
>can't

How do you gulls justify it? Or is this less about quality or more for the thrill of taking a gamble?
>>
>>8788492
So tired of seeing this. At least this cut is cuter than the one with zippers..
>>
>>8788805
I buy them because it's so cheap and you can sell the items you don't want. It's not bad quality (tough I've only bought moitie, innocent world and etc lucky packs)
>>
>>8788796
Definitely will do that. Should I use their email or should I just try the contact form? Is it better to write in Japanese?
>>
>>8788805
In Japan they believe it's bad luck for the store to keep stuff from the previous year when entering the new year.
>>
>>8788727
>>8788822

You can write in English, if you don't speak Japanese don't send them autotranslate splooge.

Last time an anon reported this happening to them (they had an email confirmation but the dress didn't show up in their history) it turned out to be some sort of error but AP had run out of dresses so they just sent a refund. Hope you get your dress, anon.
>>
>>8788865
I didn't know that, sounds kinda self fulfilling in a way too, as in if that's the general feeling, it's likely that potential customers wouldn't be willing to purchase items from the previous year and so they lose profits, creating 'bad business karma' for the new season.
>>
>>8788492
Are they still making these super long because I have a mighty need but 5foot.
>>
>>8788805

No, you have it right. It's mostly buying unwanted leftovers for cheap, or lower quality stuff (for cheap).

In the case of blind bags, it really depends on the brand and how much you like them. Since you know you're only getting leftovers, you can pretty much stalk the brand, guess what might be in the LPs, and then decide if the risk is worth it. With IW, the really plain dresses that tend to end up in them are too low key for meetups, but I like to wear them casually as everyday wear. With Baby, I just genuinely like some of their less popular stuff. So it's worthwhile for me to take the risk as I'm likely to get something I like from these two brands.

In contrast, I have never and would never get a Bodyline blind LP, I shop from them but I only like 1/4 of their stuff, so chances are any LP I get contains more things I dislike than things I like.

Never buy a blind bag from a brand you don't completely love, or whose clothes you have to pick and choose.

Main pieces aside, some girls target lucky bags for the blouses, they'd generally sell off all the main pieces and then be left with a lot of brand blouses without having paid a lot for them.
>>
>>8788492
holy shit, when will AP let holy lantern die? im sick of seeing it at this point.
>>
>>8789033
When it stops printing them money, obviously.
>>
>>8788588
Man I love it in pink but just got the original cut dress and accessories in purple. Maybe someone in my comm will get it so I can stare at it and twin with it.
>>
>>8788805
I feel like it's just fun and as you said it's pretty much quantity over quality, but I wear dresses/casual jfashion on the daily so it becomes a better bang for my buck if I just get LPs. I'm not too picky either, and it's usually pretty easy to make your money back.
>>
File: ????.png (253KB, 646x504px) Image search: [Google]
????.png
253KB, 646x504px
Who is this person and why is the lolita fashion tag totally clogged with their shit?
>>
>>8788492
I really have to admit I'm getting tired of HL.
It was my number one dream dress ever since it's release and I had sleepless nights over the rerelease. But now that I got my wine dress at the rerelease and got the wine zippy dress in the first MTO, I don't look forward to it anymore. So many people have it and posted about it, I just don't get excited about it anymore.
>>
File: AP clones.jpg (28KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
AP clones.jpg
28KB, 400x292px
>>8789170
What's with Lolitas and not wanting something any more if it becomes popular?
>>
>>8789191
I think it's more that it's over-seen/over-used. It's like a meme- it might be funny or cool the first few times, but eventually it begins to look/sound old and boring, maybe even annoying. The same thing happened with Krad Lanrete's jellyfish dress and even Nameless Poem (though maybe to a lesser extent). HL has been re-released like what 4 times this year? Including 2 MTOs.
I'm not necessarily sick of HL, but I am pretty fed up with seeing it re-released over and over, especially when it means special sets and whatnot of other releases aren't being made.
>>
>>8788591
>sweet scream house
I would so go for a spooky version
>>
>>8788492
I have always disliked HL and am so, so sick of it by now. AP, please give us something else.
>i'm one to talk, i really just want a honey cake rerelease because i'm basic
>>
>>8789199
HL has been rereleased twice I think
>>
>>8789199
>>8789209
One re-release, and "two" MTO. More like, a single MTO in two parts, because the first one ended before the final date.

Just stop being so salty, there's still hope for all the re-releases you want. Pray for angry chinese lolitas.
>>
>>8789214
>>8789209
>>8789199
Re-released, a special set release (that pink one) two MTOs (first might have closed early, but that's only because the production limit was hit), and now another special set, so a bare minimum of 4 releases, two of which were essentially unlimited.
Meanwhile I'm over here thinking about how I'd kill for an MTO of Melty Cream Donuts or Chocolate Rosette in Brown, Ivory, Green, Navy, and Red.
>>
>>8788492
Has there been any coords of the pink special set worn? Id love to pick this up depending on how it looks worn
>>
>>8789158
what is the block function on tumblr??
jfc people
>>
>>8789276
Wait pink?
>>
File: tumblr_nvxqppyE5K1qgjjjyo1_1280.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvxqppyE5K1qgjjjyo1_1280.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>8789293
Yeah, it was the special set for halloween
>>
>>8789295
Which series were those OTKs from? They are cute as fuck!
>>
>>8789295
How I didn't know about this idk but I'm upset.
>>
>>8789297
They're the HL special set socks, only released in the Harajuku store iirc so they're super rare.
>>
>>8789199
Yea, I think I'm more salty because this one has been rereleased twice and I was hoping for either something new. Then again, there werent really a lot of interesting releases.

I still wish that they would have either do MTOs in general or do them ahead of time for the more popular releases
>>
File: clog-post.jpg (179KB, 604x485px) Image search: [Google]
clog-post.jpg
179KB, 604x485px
What is it with normies being weirded out by wood colored RH soles? I have 2 black pairs. One with a black "wood" sole and one with the normal sole. The brown ones get people to stop and ask me all sorts of questions while the black ones just pass for regular platforms.
I remember a couple of years ago when pic related was everywhere and no one would bat an eye.
>>
>>8789230
I'm still hoping for a Chocolate Rosette MTO that includes the pink JSK too.
>>
>>8789298
It was even in the 2nd MTO.
>>
>>8789302
Well fuck i would of tried to get it if i had known. I thought it was only the barette and jsk. Oh well.
God i hate those special set barettes.
>>
>>8789199
Not gonna lie, that's why I sold my Nameless Poem. I really loved the dress and it took me forever to get it, but then it really blew up and I felt that I couldn't do anything interesting with it anymore and that I was just sick of seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>8789230
>>8789323
Have you emailed in about it?
>>
File: kaiji2-23-2.png (366KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji2-23-2.png
366KB, 640x360px
>>8788805
Thrill of the gamble. I love surprises.
>>
>>8789348
You sound like you're in lolita for the attention not the for love
>>
>>8789542
I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Lolita is a fashion-based hobby. Fashion trends come and go, and one of the reasons they go is because they become overdone. I love lolita and have a lot of pieces that no one would give a shit about, but that doesn't mean I'm all in for attention or on the contrary don't care about attention at all. Why does no one care about Sugary Carnival anymore? It's overdone and ran it's course; when you get sick of something, you move on to something new, and that's not always about attention, but is a natural progression in fashion.
>>
File: ztYhO.jpg (230KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ztYhO.jpg
230KB, 600x600px
>>8789560
yeah but if you ~truly~ loved the print you wouldn't care about how overdone it was attentionwhore-chan
>>
>>8789574
>Nameless Poem
>print

Okay, have fun with your tastes that never for any reason. I'll sleep easier tonight knowing that you'll still be wearing a Madonna crown five years from now.
>>
I love how every argument ends in "you're being an attention whore" lately.
Or even better "you're acting like a [insert exaggerated young age here]!!"
>>
>>8789495
Yes I did. I said that it sold out and that AP USA didn't put in their ticket times so I missed it.

No harm in asking
>>
>>8789582
***never change

doyy
>>
>>8789191
I don't know but I really want to do sugary carnival clones with how cheap it's become. Trouble is finding all the matching socks and accessories.
>>
>>8789204
>claiming to be basic because of the unreal need for Honey Cake
No, anon. We're the only ones right in this world where Holy Lantern is given to every man, woman, and child.
>>
Does anyone happen to have a picture of this? There isn't any on the page and the name is making me curious af
>http://lolibrary.org/apparel/heart-leopard-print-switched-denim-pants
>>
File: top-081011winter02.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
top-081011winter02.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>8789901
I searched as hard as I could for you, anon, but all I got was this. I'm pretty sure that's them peeking out from beneath the dress.
>>
>>8789191
It has nothing to do with it being popular. It's just that I was exposed to it so much, that seeing the print has become nothing special anymore. It will always stay in my dream dress list and I'll probably recover after some time, but right now I'm not very excited about it.
>>
>>8789901
I've seen them listed before on usagi, they're just generic knee length shorts with the leopard trim
>>
>>8789204
I second this motion
>>
>>8789204
I would be happy with a Honey Cake rerelease. I would be happy with a rerelease of anything that wasn't Holy Lantern at this point.
>>
File: sheglit liberated.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sheglit liberated.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
reposting, doesn't seem like anyone saw this:

Okay so i missed out on this particular corset and it's mostly sold out, this is the only one I can find, but I don't like the stripes, I would prefer the fabric to be all black

Would it be a mistake to try and dye this with a polyester dye? (Apparently it's 100% polyester)

I know sheglit has sort of a similar corset in all black that's in stock, but I don't like the fabric they used for the trail, and I prefer the simplicity of the corset bit on this one
>>
>>8790043
Just wait for a restock.
>>
>>8790051
Does sheglit normally restock sold out stuff? I didn't know!
>>
Melty Cream Donut and Honey Cake re-releases would be pretty sweet but maybe I'm just super hopeful (kinda bored of the option of either paying $400 for the real deal or like $100 for a replica) let me live AP
>>
>>8790043

You'll want to research the methods of dye-ing carefully. afaik one version of poly dyes doesn't actually give you black, just charcoal grey. I don't know if idye fares better than dyemore. Most of them also need to be boiled or something, and since this is a corset with presumably boning and stuff inside, you'll want to make sure you have a pot (and a kitchen) big enough to fit it.

Dyed items also tend to be a little delicate, make sure you wash it by itself after you're done, or at least wash it with a colour catcher, as some people have reported the stronger colours bleed. When you sell it on, make sure you mention this as well.

Other than that, there's no big reason to not do it. I mean, I wouldn't do this as my first dyeing project, and I wouldn't buy a new and expensive corset to do it on, but I'd totally do it myself if I did want a black-tailed corset and couldn't find one.
>>
>>8790065
I got super lucky and got my MCD JSK in mint + the barrette, necklace, and ring for around $300. So it's possible to find good deals on it! You just have to be quick.
>>
File: hlt.jpg (342KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hlt.jpg
342KB, 600x600px
>>8789787
>>
File: slums.jpg (309KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
slums.jpg
309KB, 600x533px
>>8789787
>>
>>8790108
>>8790111
anon will u marry me
>>
File: 1406279736100.jpg (55KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1406279736100.jpg
55KB, 500x373px
>>8790111
>>8790108
Omg anon, 10/10
>>
>>8789320
I think it's just that with the wooden sole it draws the eye, and people see that little chunk missing from the back. When they're solid coloured soles, their eyes just glance over the entire thing.
>>
>>8790065
MCD pops up fairly frequently, unless you're looking for a full set.
>>
How come no gulls work at AP SF or any of the other lolita branches in the US? You see some complaints here and there about them, but why has no one here tried to work there as a shop girl and make it better?
>>
>>8790249
Because a lot of people have jobs already, and "if you don't like how the store is run, just work there yourself!" is a really shaky argument.
>>
>>8790249
Because you can't live off of the minimum wage that they offer in either of those cities.
>>
>>8790249
First of all, isn't the big AP store in San Fran? I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to get a job in that city, let alone trying to work at a niche fashion retailer. Plus with the lolita crowd, it's probably really competitive to get a job there. And that's just talking about their lower tier jobs. If you wanted to get anything above management there'd need to be an opening first, and then you'd have to have 2+ years of management experience somewhere else in retail. You'd also need to be able to write a very convincing cover letter and probably have to provide pictures of yourself in lolita because they don't want to just hire anybody who's worked in retail. They need you to be able to help customers and in this case, that requires some extensive knowledge of the fashion.

Does anyone know more about the AP stores in the US? I really only know of the one in SF. And everything I know about SF is that it's expensive as fuck to live there and most people living there have fucking tech jobs.
>>
>>8790353
The only US Angelic Pretty branch is the SF one. Fairytale Boutique used to carry AP as a consignment store but it closed down a few months back. Baby has branches in San Francisco and New York City, but I'm sure they face the same problems you mentioned.
>>
>>8790085
Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll have to think about it some more, wouldn't want to ruin a brand new corset, and I would be pretty frustrated if the color came out grey and not black!
>>
>>8790407
Ah thanks. I know that AP does pop up shops sometimes in NY as well, but that's all I know and I have no idea what the hiring process is for those, and I kind of think they'd just take their employees who are willing to travel to work.
>>
>>8790353
I highly doubt it's that hard to work at AP SF, but the main reason is probably like >>8790252 mentioned. The pay is probably not high at all, and adding onto all the crap and drama, I can't imagine it being a sustainable place to work at. I also talked to someone who worked at both AP and Baby and she prefers working at Baby.
>>
>>8790249
you fuckers with your AP store are fucking lucky
meanwhile i'm on the complete opposite side of the country with no chance in hell of working for AP even if it's a dream job
i can't buy my AP burando at retail on release date either without having to go through a SS and extra fees/shipping when i'd kill to just be able to walk into the shop during a release even if there's raffles or whatever and pick and choose what i want
fuck y'all
>yeah i'm salty af
>mfw my state is so low on the totem pole that the chances of ever getting an AP here are slim to fucking none
>>
>>8790538
>mfw eurofag
Germany has enough brandwhores, AP, just open a fucking store in Düsseldorf already
>>
>>8790461
AP hasn't done a pop up in NYC ever, are you thinking of Paris? There was a rumor that they would be interested in doing one in NY but nothing aside from that.
>>
most West Europeans probably won't get another brand store to be honest, it's too close to Paris. Chances are that's it for Europe stores, maybe one in a fashion city in Italy, but not too likely
>>
>>8790625
good, give us more AP stores in the states then pls, and by the states I don't mean just CA and NY and even TX
>>
>>8790249
Hahahaha, oh boy.

AP USA is run by Lynda, who is the craziest gun-toting libertarian lolita this side of Texas. If you think you can change anything she doesn't want changed just by working there, you're wrong. Lynda loves to be in control and brag about the store, but does not love paying her employees anything more than starvation wage or running a less shitty operation. If you have a problem with AP USA, it's because you're a dumbass and a shitty customer and Lynda has probably publicly said so on her facebook.

The biggest myth in the lolita world is that any brand store is run with the level of professionalism and profit margin people seem to think. Even the Japanese headquarters of AP and BTSSB are piecemeal operations that pay minimum wage to most employees.

Source: Have worked at a brand store and dealt with HQ. No, I have no idea when your reservation will be here. No, they haven't responded to my email. No, I don't know what's wrong with the website. No, these clothes are not for children and they are not meant to be kinky.
>>
>>8790701
ok but what if we're the types who can handle bitchiness good (and dumb customers) in favor of helping out customers even slightly better than she can
because that job still sounds miles better than fucking retail imo
>cute store
>interacting with otherwise decent fellow lolita enthusiasts
>mostly away from normie overload
>mfw i just want any money at all working at a cute store (if we ever fucking get one here)
>if we did get one in this state, less chances of dealing with Lynda physically anyway
>>
>>8790625
You know that Paris has no AP store anymore? It closed in 2013
>>
>>8790547
Not gonna happen. Brands don't have any interest in germany, well maybe IW. Baby and AP are dead set on france. Even though it would be awesome to have a brand store here.
>>
>>8790743
I think the brands don't have any clue how many costumers they have in each european country. I'm not sure about the Btssb store in Paris but as for the AP store, it was not run by AP itself, instead some french people run the store and asked AP for their stock. Only the Pop-up store is now run by AP itself.

But for AP it just makes more sense to make a store in Paris because they already have bigger japanese community there and the Btssb store is definitely another important pull factor.
>>
>>8790724
It's no different than normal retail. Normal people walk into the store all the time wanting to know what it's all about, making weird prejudgments, sometimes even making accusations that you're selling pedo things. You get moms coming in with their overweight daughters getting mad at you because even the one full shirring dress you have doesn't fit her dear pumpkin. You get people bitching about the prices ALL THE TIME. Everyone wants a discount and many of them try to be pushy about it. And don't even get me started on the sissies who like to talk about their kink in public. Why in the world do you think this would be unlike any other retail job just because you're selling lolita?
>>
>>8790754
This. I actually wonder if, on an average day, those shopkeepers even see that many lolitas. You have to account for the general population. Retail is shit. Where I used to work I'd have a ton of people come in every day and flat out say "I hate [all the shit you sell], I'd never wear this." and still insist on being there a good 20 minutes. You know what we mostly sold? Fucking tights. Just tights and socks. Not even outlandish ones. Shouldn't be controversial.
>>
>>8790754
>what the fuck is patience, routine, and knowing how to deal with shitheads in retail
>"it's no different from normal retail"
except normal retail is loads worse tbqh
>>
>>8790765
No it's fucking not, it's the same, that is literally what I'm telling you.

> mfw someone who's never worked in a brand store is trying to school someone who has
>>
Gulls, am I crazy, or did An-Ten-Na disappear? I never really went looking for them online but now that I have I can't find anything about them.
>>
>>8790927
They've been gone for like 5+ years, probably way more
>>
>>8790928
Damn, I'm really out of the loop. Thanks anon, thought I was going crazy.
>>
Does anyone else feel kind of bad selling a dress to someone you know won't wear it? Of course, you can't reject their payment, but there's a certain sadness to it.
>>
>>8788952
I'm curious too.
>>
>>8790927
the shoe shop? if you're looking for an-tai-na they're still around
>>
Why do lots of jp second hand retailers and jp publications class the otome brands as Lolita? Surely there is a distinction between them in Japan?
>>
>>8790938
how... do you know they won't wear it though....??
>>
>>8790952
I thought that's what they meant by "An-Ten-Na" too. What is >>8790928 going on about? What's been gone for 5 years?
>>
>>8790952
An-Tai-Na is the Chinese shop that do a lot of knock-offs and some really weird original stuff. Knock-offs are their thing though, especially considering that their NAME is a knock-off of An-Ten-Na, which is the shoe brand that disappeared.
>>
>>8790043
don't buy corsets from sheglit. Mine only came with only 2 crappy bones.
>>
>>8790989
>not knowing An-Ten-Na's iconic ruffly RHS
>>
>>8790938

Usually I just feel happy when a dress is out of my house and money is in my account.

But then I'm a hoarder with a large wardrobe and a daily lolita. So I never sell anything if I still have feelings for it, and there's some parts of my wardrobe that really are just clothes, not pets that need attention. The dresses aren't going to die if nobody wears them, and I assume any owner willing to shell out the money for them probably loves them more than I do since I'm selling them anyway, so if they prefer to put them in a glass case and display them rather than wear them, I don't have issues with that.

I guess it would feel different if I had to start selling dresses due to needing the money or space, though.
>>
I just watched orgazmo and one of the assfuck twins in it sounded exactly like Venus and I had a giggle
>>
>>8790961
From what I understand otome is not really a "thing" in Japan, the style is usually not described as Otome kei, most girls either say they're wearing lolita or they're just wearing ETC/JM/brand
>>
>>8789506
Pls let's make Kaijilita a thing
>>
>>8791208
no, that's not why.
>>8790961
lolita is honestly more popular and the brands cater to both styles with some items.
>>
>>8790061
I would also like to know this, actually. Something I really wanted sold out in the color I was going to get, so I'm wondering if Sheglit usually restocks colorways of popular items? It has the HOT tag on it..
>>
>>8790989
An-Ten-Na and an-tai-na are two different brands. The latter at least started as a knock off brand of the former, iirc. >>8790994

>>8790938
>>8790984
Maybe they're efamous or a local lolita anon knows has a large wardrobe? I sold an old but still nice brand dress that I had discounted with the idea that it would be nice to pass on to a newb, to a somewhat wellknown lolita before and once I found out who it was, I was sort of annoyed because I know it's such a lowkey piece it won't get much love. Of course money is money, but when you're selling off items you have memories with you want to see them go somewhere they'll be equally treasured.
>>
Anyone knows if it is worth it to consolidate packages in Tenso?
>>
>>8790724
working at an AP shot IS retail. It IS minimum wage. Just because you HAVE to wear lolita everyday doesn't make it any better. In fact, it might end up making it a lot shittier. Being on my feet all day in lolita for mimimum wage doesn't sound like my idea of a cool job.
>>
>>8790754
>tfw I once went into a lolita store with my mother when I was like 15 and she said almost everything you mentioned
>loudly
>repeatedly
>to the girl at the register, the owner, other customers and then again to a random person in the mall outside
god I'm so sorry you guys
>>
>>8791473
Depends on the size of your packages. If they're huge it will probably cost you an arm and a leg and Tenso might refuse to do it, I've consolidated multiple small AP orders before and it was great for me because it put my mind at ease about lots of little things in the mail that might've gotten lost if separated.
>>
>>8791491
Plus you have to use that minimum wage to keep an up to date and trendy lolita wardrobe. Maybe employees get a bit of a discount but it's still way more expensive than your average minimum wage retail uniform. I don't really see anyone supporting themselves on a lolita retail job for long, to be honest.
>>
Hey /cgl/ riddle me this. if I find the way someone dresses an important part of her sex appeal, am I just a feticist? I mean, its not that the true reason behind it is that I want to actually wear them myself?
>>
>>8791508
We're not your sexual therapist, anon.
>>
>>8791450
>lowkey piece [...] won't get much love

If it makes you feel better, I actually buy a lot of lowkey pieces that never get photographed. I'm just really lazy to do selfies, so usually photos of myself in lolita as from meetups, taken by other people. The low-key pieces will normally end up as daily lolita wear, which means I'm wearing it when there's no one around to photograph me, but it's actually worn more often than the flashier pieces, and I may actually love some of them more because they're so low key and comfortable.

Which goes back to other anon asking how they knew a dress wouldn't get worn. Just because you don't see photos of that person in the dress doesn't mean it isn't being worn. Especially if it's a low-key piece, maybe it's me but I cannot understand why someone would hand over money for a dress that doesn't give them bragging rights, don't love and won't wear. Surely the buyer at least likes the dress and had some intention to wear it at some point.
>>
>>8791508
>feticist
You're using the newer lame meaning that a lot of SJW where I live try to use.
Fetish is something you get off to, and you'd have trouble getting off with out it.
>>
>>8790586
No?? Huh... I could've sworn there was a sanriopalace post about there being a pop up shop in NY... I'm probably wrong?
Don't they also do it at conventions sometimes?
>>
>>8791500
I always did wonder how they afford lolita on 800 yen an hour..

which is 9AUD. Below our minimum wage, better off working at maccas ffs
>>
>>8790765
>>8790819
Yeah, any and all customer service is pretty much a nightmare job.
>>
>>8791682
>>8791670

Would AP not donate one or two dresses (even old stock) to keep them in lolita if they couldn't afford it? Or is one of the requirements that you have to be able to own your own lolita?

on that note, let's form a prayer circle for anyone working in customer service when the january sales hit and everyone is going manic
sage for non contribution
>>
>>8791620
I don't know, seeing as how there as so many admittant hoarders even just on this board that buy tons of stuff and never wear it. But that's also beside the point of hoping someone just starting out would be able to make the most of the deal.
>>
>>8790743
IW doesn't want to open any more international shops until their international consumer base grows more.
>>
>>8790724
This was the logic I used when I was 19 and thought working at GameStop would be cool.
>I get to be around video games all day!
>dumb customers aren't a big deal, I can handle them
>I just want to work in a hobby I love
>three years in retail service and I fantasized daily about a semi losing control of its brakes and crashing through the front of the store, killing me instantly
>two years since I quit and I haven't bought a single new game
>can't even talk about video game reviews and such because it still makes my stomach turn
Don't do it anon. There's no faster way to kill the fun in something than finding a job based around it.
>>
>>8791694
I don't know? I've never worked there and don't want to because like I said, customer service is a no for me now. Technically I'm still in it, but I don't deal with customers EVER.

I wish the girl that said she worked there would answer more questions about her experience cause I'm curious as to what it was like. Most customer service jobs are the same in that you have to put up with a lot of bullshit daily, but selling lolita has to be a bit different. Especially all the nightmare "THIS IS PEDO" customers.

Fuck, it's bad enough to work for a large grocery chain and people will come in and try to tell you conspiracy theories about your company. Like fuck off man, I just want to pay my rent..
>>
>>8791668
There was AP for sale at RuffleCon in 2014 but that was through Harajuku Hearts, who did not come back for 2015
>>
>>8791694
> will a business give away product to an employee

my friend if walmart won't give khakis and teeshirts to their employees that probably cost $5 at cost, what kind of drugs would AP or Baby have to be on to "donate" brand to an employee?

When Baby NYC reopened, they were only hiring maybe 2 or 4 staff, and the competition among local lolitas was very stiff. There's no reason why they would hire a min wage part time grunt (because it's also hilarious if you think any of the staff gets enough hours to be full time/benefits) who can't supply their own Lolita to wear when there are dozens of applicants who are more or less qualified.
>>
>>8791491
Pretty much. Only way that I would want to work as a shopgirl at AP or BTSSB is either for first picks and a discount.

Ngl, I want to work at their corporate level but again, it's just for the perks, if any
>>
>>8791816
I would love to design for Baby, but I'd probably have better luck starting an Indie brand.
>>
>>8790353
I heard that AP was going to open a pop-up store in New York. Don't know if that'll happen.

Speaking of New York, wasn't Vivienne Westwood supposed to open a boutique there last autumn?
>>
>>8791824
I have been waiting all my life for VW to open up in NYC... when did this happen? I just want to go shop pretty bags in person.
>>
>>8791893
http://fashionweekdaily.com/vivienne-westwood-to-open-new-york-flagship-store/

I wanna shop for pretty bags at VW in person too. Flying to Europe doesn't cut it.
>>
>>8791816
You don't get first pick as a shop staff you're dead last. And the discount sucks.
In Japan the stores have a small amount of main pieces that shop staff can borrow from. But wardrobe is mostly paid for by staff, who in turn live at home and are supported by their upper middle class parents who are still loaded from the bubble era. Working at a "charisma" store is never for the money- in fact they likely spend more than they earn on keeping up their appearance. There is a possibility of moving up in the company or gaining a following for being staff, but there's no guarantee.
>>
sorry if this is a dumb question, but when innocent world does their winter sale, does everything go on sale or just certain things they want to get rid of?

It usually begins in the first week of January right?
>>
>>8791908
Did it actually open yet? All the articles I can find about it are from when the news broke, I see no kind of reports about the store opening or pictures of it. I guess I could go try to look for it at the supposed location tomorrow or something...
>>
File: IMG_1437.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8791980
The address is supposedly 14 E 55th St. I thought they would open up during New York Fashion Week back in September, but now maybe February during the next Fashion Week?

Good luck. Enjoy the pic of my VW purchase in Milan last year.
>>
>>8791698

Some girl came on this board during one of the wardrobe posts and sort of argued with everyone that she could not conceive why anyone would ever need a wardrobe of more than 50 pieces, her logic was that you'd only be able to wear lolita on weekends, so 50 pieces meant a dress was worn only once a year. iirc she didn't like the idea of daily lolitas either, she called everyone with big wardrobes a hoarder.

That's when even the serious collectors who only collect rare and sought-after dresses started referring to themselves as hoarders on this board. The word doesn't really have the same connotations when girls use it here rather than elsewhere, it's still very rare to find actual hoarders who impulse buy lolita dresses every single week and then shove their regret purchases under the bed instead of selling them on. That's why I said I have trouble believing a hoarder/collector would randomly buy a low-key dress that isn't sought after if they didn't actually like it.

I see your point about selling something you hoped would be a newbie wardrobe's star dress suddenly being reduced to background wardrobe filler, though.
>>
>>8791823
same here anon, have no idea how to even get to that stage? would love to do just print design though, not the actual pattern making.
>>
Secrets are up!
>>
>>8792159
So you want the easy, fun part, eh? I kid, I kid. Kind of.
>>
>>8792235
damn, that was quick
>>
>>8792141
My fiancé buys me a lot of my dresses (though out the year) and I'm literally not aloud to sell them unless they don't fit/something is wrong. It's a sentimental thing. No complaints here!
>>
>>8792159
>>8792273
This, basically. Take it from someone currently job hunting with an illustration background who never got a proper education in specs and tech packs when I went to school- you want the technical design background. Anyone can learn the illustration part on their own. I really regret the degree I went for but I wasn't as interested in garment construction...
>>
>>8792235
God damn it is lj down again? I just keep on getting an error page popping up saying that the page can not load
>>
>>8792141
I think you're talking about my post (>>8787294) and the way you twist my wording angers me a little. I didn't argue and I was wondering about non-lifestylers owning 50+ 'special occasion' dresses.
>>
I've got a kinda weird question. If you see someone on LSE providing a buyer wrong information about a dress, is it rude to butt in?
This girl selling the pink Honey Cake jsk told an interested girl that with 106cm bust and 84cm waist it would be a tight fit. I own the ivory jsk and I know that even 95cm bust and 80 cm waist the dress won't realky zip up. So she's either lying to sell or the dress is stretched out so much that it should be noted as a flaw.
>>
>>8792530
I would message the buyer privately. Your intentions are good, but surely will be thrown to shit if you say anything publicly.
>>
>>8791473
I consolidated a package with tenso, they used a massively oversized box which added over 1kg to shipping and charged a consolidation fee too. It would most likely have been cheaper if i hadnt consolidated.
>>
>>8792530
Please tell her it in private, anon. I've had sellers stretch out brand before and it should really be noted as a flaw, as you said. Anyone on the smaller size will definitely notice it.
>>
>>8791908
>http://fashionweekdaily.com/vivienne-westwood-to-open-new-york-flagship-store/
Well, time to head to New York. The only thing missing there is AP for me. Did we ever get any details on what happened with that?
>>
>>8792540
>>8792554
Thanks, I messaged her in private. It's really sad to read how big this dress is according to the seller when I'm losing weight to fit it with smaller measurements than her.
>>
>>8792525

No, it wasn't you. It was many threads ago, might be a few months. I don't know if the older threads are still in the archive and can't be arsed to go look for them.

Your post is pretty okay, but the other girl. She didn't say anything as nice as "that seems like a lot of dresses". She just outright came in and said anyone with a big wardrobe must have mental issues and were all hoarders that needed help. As for the 50+, specifically, she said that one year only has 52 weeks, so since lolitas only wear them on weekends then someone with a larger wardrobe means some of the dresses never get worn at all. Of course some girls pointed out the problems with her assumptions -- daily lolitas wear them more than once a week, cons would mean wearing two or more dresses that weekend, and some girls are into the collecting aspect, much like stamp collectors collect stamps. She wasn't having none of that and continued replying to say anyone with a big wardrobe was a hoarder and needed help letting go. So then after that I noticed a number of girls openly admitting to being hoarders just because they have bigger wardrobes.

But no, it wasn't you. Sorry if I didn't clarify. In fact I completely skipped over how similar your post was as yours is much more polite and open-minded.
>>
Anyone else having problems accessing LM on mobile?
>>
I'm 5'10 and in the UK. I have never bought anything before because I assumed nothing would fit or it would have to be imported for ridiculous prices, although I haven't really searched in detail.
Just asking is there anywhere in the UK that might sell things that fit?
>>
>>8792691
Most people can't buy domestically unless they're buying secondhand.
Also, there are plenty of tall lolitas (there's a tall girl thread here >>8766238), and your other measurements (shoulders, bust, waist, etc.) are just as important as height.
Please do more research before buying things- fyeahlolita is a decent place to start and has not only style guides but also resources for buying both new and used.
>>
>>8792665
Yep.
>>
>>8792235
Would anybody be interested if there was a secrets page on facebook? I just feel like with how the community has moved to facebook mostly, perhaps secrets should too.
>>
>>8792759
That sounds like the dumbest thing, honestly. Secrets should be on a totally anonymous site, like they are on LJ. There's no reason to move it, either, because it's not like you even need an LJ account to view or submit secrets.
>>
>>8792760
Hardly anybody even bothers to post secrets anymore though.
>>
>>8792759
>>8792760
>>8792762
If secrets are dying, just let them die. It's part of old LJ culture and LJ itself is dying. I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.
>>
>>8792762
Secrets have been at a pretty steady rate for the last year or so actually. Some gull posted a graph showing the fluctuation over the last few years, and it's been lower but not that low.
Sometimes there's a spike bc of drama, but I don't think 20ish during a time when many people are very busy with family and other things and when there's been no real drama within the community is that bad/low. Last year was higher, but looking at them, a lot of it had to deal with e-famous lolitas' drama and like Mr. Yan being a weirdo.
If you want more secrets, try posting more yourself. I, for one, am not going to complain about a lack of shitty, basic drama.
>>
>>8792770
I try to post frequently. I'm one of those that is trying to keep it alive.
>>
>>8792615
Ah alright, don't mind me then. I just felt a little baffled as I didn't see how my post could insult anyone. Quite frankly, I understand having a 50+ from a collector's perpective. It's just that a wardrobe with 10-15 pieces is considered small by most, but if you ask any of my relatives they would say it's more than enough for dresses I wear so rarely, like owning 15 prom dresses. I just wondered about these different opinions on the same amount of dresses.
>>
>>8792819
Relatives dont matter because they see it as weird shit that you dont wear. They dont see it as how it is.

For most lolitas the hobby is a bit collecting and a bit not. You are going to accumulate dresses as you stay in the hobby, even if you arent wearing it daily. Owning only 10 pieces while being in the fashion for years is small because it makes sense to collect more over time. If you bought that many in a matter of months it is pretty big in comparison. If you went to a con that was 3 days, only owning 15 main pieces mean you would wear 1/5 of your wardrobe at that con, which is how it is seen as small by most people who wear it occasionally. It is easy to feel like you have nothing when you can cycle through them easily and you do feel the pressure to do something new every time you are public about your outfits.
>>
File: 520379-295-2015-11-22918418.jpg (176KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
520379-295-2015-11-22918418.jpg
176KB, 570x760px
no one replied in dumb questions - does anyone have a recommendation on which melikestea petti to get? I'd like decent poof but I'm mostly into classic/military so there's a kinda thin line there. pic related is my first dress, I'd like a slight bit more than the pic shows but I realise it won't fit much more petti.
is her hybrid monster petti meant to be convertible into both bell and A-line? if not, which one of hers could do that best with the pinning trick?
>>
>>8792762
>>8792766
>>8792770
IMO there's not really a need for secrets anymore because everything comes out and is discussed so much faster on here and other anonboards. Secrets just end up being rehashes of stuff that's been beaten to death here, silly joke images that aren't really secrets, and random vendettas. I agree, it's time to let it die.

>>8792862
>and you do feel the pressure to do something new every time you are public about your outfits.
I think this is most of the reason for how we view wardrobe size, honestly.
>>
>>8791949
Not everything of course, just some leftover stuff released before 2015 and is not even on the website now. The sale starts around 1/07
>>
Is there some trick to using sniper bid on y!j? Should you wait to bid on things until an hour before it ends? I like to open up bidding and it works really well on LM but I've lost about 20 dresses to snipers on y!j and starting to get discouraged. One went for under 30$ and I about cried, I wanted it so bad I would've paid twice that
>>
Does anyone use eff you el el chan /cgl/ here? (Please no bully, I know it's a horrible place which is why I don't go there currently). I am sick of how slow it is here and I constantly contribute new posts and threads. I checked out the farm and they really aren't that active on lolita threads
>>
>>8793019
>snipe bid
>1 hour
Did you mean 1 minute?
>>
>>8793025
I'm an impatient shit so while I do visit the other egl/cgl from time to time, I only post like once or twice and then get fed up with how slow they are and head back here. My impression of lolita threads on the farm was that they end up getting shitposted in by non-lolitas too often for my liking.
>>
Does anyone know what happened to Atelier Dormir? She deleted a bunch of her blog posts......
Has she closed her store?
>>
>>8793025
wow, you can't even type the name with full anymore? This place is a dictatorship.
I've never been into farm, but sometimes I go to pt to read up on wenus and stuff. If you want a giggle, go to the lolita forums on gaia.
>>
>>8793039
Yj actually has an option to extend if you snipe that close, usually it is the last few minutes that people snipe to avoid that.

>>8793025
Farm is for talkign shit about people not lolita (besides some certain people), other chan thing has been dead for a long while.
>>
>>8792921
Part of it is that we differentiate between "main pieces" and other stuff. We count dresses and skirts but not blouses, jackets, vests, accessories, etc as a sign of how big it is. Yet you need all that for outfits so what may be 20 items is only 5 main pieces which is 'tiny' but you have variety for a few outfits or something to that effect.
>>
>>8793019
Then you should place a higher initial bid. Some auctions auto-extend by 5min if someone bids in the last 5min. If you want to be able to place bids last minute, use a service that lets you do so
>>
Lor tweeting about her sex toys and then re-posting to tumblr is embarassing when she knows most of her followers are little kiddies
how long is her breakup trauma going to end? she needs to calm the fuck down
>>
>>8793116
I don't know what was posted, but, honestly, it's not her job to care about whether someone should or should not see the content on her blog. If there are kids, their parents should be monitoring them, lol
>>
>>8793116
>>8793140
regardless of the 'think of the children' argument, she's been like this for too long and needs to get over it already
>>
>>8793019
I dunno either, the same thing has happened to me. All I can say is whatever you want your max bid to be, make it a little higher than that and when the auction is ending always be there for when it ends. I think most auctions have automatic extension to stop people from snipe bidding the last 1 minute so people will usually try to do it a few minutes before which is why it's good to actually be online in case something happens. I like to use FJ because their bidding is real time for yj.

I was bidding on a dress once and I had it in the bag but then some bastard bid on it the last few minutes. A bit of a war started to happen until the other person realized I wasn't gonna stop, plus the auction had auto-bid. Probably helped that it was a cutsew dress and the person didn't want to pay too much for it. That was the first time I ever won an auction so yeah, that's my advice - bid a bit higher than you actually want and be online in order to get back in there and fight.
>>
>>8793162
>bid higher than you actually want and be online in order to get back in there and fight.
Worst advice ever
>>
>>8793019
Max bid a really weird number, once I won out because the person before me bid 8100 and I bid like 8264 or something at the time.
>>
>>8793168
I really don't see how lol obviously you should set limits and cut yourself off at some point but every single auction I've lost, it was only by 100-500 yen and it was when I let the automatic bid run while I was away or asleep. If there's 5 minutes left and you're about to lose by just 500 yen it's certainly way better to actually be there to up your bid then to let yourself get fucked over with such a small amount.
>>
>>8793116
She has become a mess. Hope she recovers.
>>
File: cat dressss.png (347KB, 431x629px) Image search: [Google]
cat dressss.png
347KB, 431x629px
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but does anyone know the name of this print?
Can't find any information anywhere
>>
>>8793231
seems like this has been going on for a long time, does she go to therapy at all? if she doesn't she really should...if she's still so broken by this months later I really think she needs some help. I don't mean that in a "lol what a loony" way at all, I mean that she should seriously just take the time to try and nurse her mental health back together if she's still falling apart like this.
>>
>>8793242
I believe that's a commercially available fabric. I've seen a lot of different places selling stuff made with it.
>>
>>8793116
Is this Lor?
>>
>>8793116
>caring about what someone posts on their PERSONAL BLOG
if those kiddies or you ~too pure~ lolitas don't like it, unfollow her for god's sake
>>
>>8793140
If her blog isn't flagged as nsfw, then she's in the wrong i m o
>>
Wardrobe posts are making me feel bad about all the random crap I buy... If I post my shitty, incoherent wardrobe, do you think people would be willing to help me figure out what i need? Should I post in a wardrobe thread here or on EGL, or is there a FB group where it would be relevant? Don't wanna post in my comm because a shitty wardrobe is a lot better than just one coord like most of them have
>>
>>8793109
That only depends on the seller though.There's a box that says whether or not they automatically extend. I've been able to snipe within seconds before
>>
>>8793242
Other anon is right, some indie brands make dresses out of this fabric, if you can't sew search on Etsy for them
>>
>>8792665
Yup. I haven't been able to get it loaded at all. My computer is down and i need my secret fix. Even if they are dumb. Its always been a part of my weekend ritual, secrets with a glass of wine to wind down from a shitty work week, so it's agrivating when i cant access it.
>>
>>8793765
I said LM (Lacemarket), not LJ. Livejournal is working fine for me.
>>
>>8793670
Wasn't there an anon that helped people like you? She made these collages that showed accessories and stuff to get.
>>
>>8793670
Incoherent as in nothing goes together at all, or incoherent as in you have a variety of items, colors and themes?

If it's just having a wide variety of themes, you're okay as long as you can put together coordinates for everything you own. If that's not the case, you may need to do some purging or focus on wardrobe building rather than just buying main pieces.

This is what I tend to ask myself when looking for new main pieces:

1) How high of a priority is this dress? Am I buying it because it's cheap and there, or is it something I really want?
2) If I bought this, what do I have that would coordinate with it?
3) Do I need to add new colors to my wardrobe in legwear, tops, shoes, and/or bags to go with this?
4) If so, would buying items of those colors or themes benefit the rest of my wardrobe? Can I wear them with other pieces?

When adding new colors to my wardrobe outside main pieces, I tend to line everything up and make a list of all colors I think I could use and tally what colors would go with each dress. The items with the most tallies get higher priority. Normally for me, it's blouse and legwear or blouse and shoes. If I have a bag that goes with it, great, but I'll try to add new bags when I can, especially if it can be worn with mulitple items.
>>
>>8793253
IDK anon, I went through a pretty awful breakup at 22, and I still was struggling with some aspects of it at 29 and getting married (three relationships later). I had some therapy, but it was something I had to work through myself and took time before I was able to fully heal from it.

Still, it's a little awkward to talk about sex toys, especially on a lolita-themed blog with minors around that do look up to her. Personally, I don't care what anyone does or if they have a full blown BDSM chamber in their basement and a collection of 20 dragon dildos. But if I'm following you for lolita, I'm not following it for sex toy talk.
>>
>>8793808
Sorry I meant not cohesive and couldn't think of the word. I have a mismash of styles, mostly cheap secondhand brand. I noticed that the wardrobe posts tend to have a lot of nice coords within them while I'm struggling to find stuff to match (trying to find RHS or tea parties that I like in my size is so hard, I don't have any nice shoes). I want to have a gorgeous oldschool sweet and Gothic wardrobe and instead I have a lot of classic and newer sweet. I need more blouses and haven't seen any I want lately, all my blouses are white. I am hoping that people will sell me stuff if they see my horrible wardrobe, I constantly post wtbs to no avail
>>
>>8793797
Is it in a wardrobe thread? I'll check the archive if it is
>>
>>8793831
I think a mismash of styles is fine. Even if it's cheap second-hand brand, if you really like it, I see no problem with it. My wardrobe contains everything between OTT sweet pastel rainbow vomit to mature classic items. Most of my wardrobe is 2nd hand, a lot of it was cheap. They key is to just make sure everything else is well fleshed out, and that may be where you need to invest your money.

Go to places like glitter tale and just commission a few blouses at once in colors you need or get some taobao ones. You can hunt down the ones you really want in the future, but at least you'll have that. Look for sock lots on mbok. Up your accessory game. Those are good methods to really building up your wardrobe.
>>
>>8793797
Roli's ramblings.

>>8793831
You need to go looking for stuff rather than posting wtb's all the time, and accept that sometimes it does take months to track down the perfect blouse/shoes etc and sometimes you just have to commission. Have you tried Anna House? They're still pretty old school imo and their blouses used to be staples back in the day. You can get custom shoes from antaina as well. If you're on a budget, then you will have to compromise between getting what you want quickly, getting the right thing, and spending money
>>
>>8793889
>>8793868
I was going to commission a couple blouses but everyone that replied to my posts said they looked cheap and I should buy brand blouses. But it's hard to find brand blouses used in odd colors. I scour Japanese secondhand sites for things, I'm not lazy. I just don't want to pay 50$ for a taobao blouse if people think it's ita
>>
>>8793949
You can find good blouses on LM for quite affordable. Just spend some time looking.
>>
>>8793949
Brand blouses are fine and great if you can find what you're looking for. You have to be lucky to find that exact item. Sometimes it can be a hunt. Honestly it's just better to get something commissioned when it comes to blouses and grab brand ones along the way when they do pop up.

What taobao shops were you looking at?
>>
>>8793527
Yeah but when you actively pursue the roll as a 'lolita guru', it's natural that newbies and young people will follow you. I mean shit, Lor has the same sort of cult following as Peachie does, and Peachie has a shit tonne of younger fans. Imagine if she started posting sex toys on her blog? I mean yeah, it's her personal blog, but people would still question it.
>>
>>8793967
I liked a bunch from bunny house, was also looking at infanta but they are a bit much after SS fees
>>
>>8793116
Literally even before they broke up she would post about hentai and sex shit like that. Why are you so concerned with someone else's business?
>>
>>8794022
Also chess story and pumpkin cat

Sage for double posting, sorry
>>
Has anyone else been followed by a jp_lolita on Twitter? I have no idea how they deduced I'm a lolita given I've only ever posted a single coords online/their acct. is entirely in Japanese.
>>
>>8794063
Is it common for lolitas to use twitter?
I hate their image function, I feel like it's pointless to use a fucking text based site that links to images... I'm often confused as to why so many japs are on it. Is it just easier to link to photos? why the fuck?
>>
Is it taboo to wear another brand's dress when entering a store? I'm going to Japan in a few months and I know its better to wear lolita when visiting the stores than dressing in normalfag attire, but I don't want to get dirty looks for wearing Meta or AP in a Baby store or vice versa.
>>
>>8794079

They're not going to care, especially if you've got money to buy shit.
>>
>>8792876
>melikestea
Get a Malco Modes Jennifer petti. Problem solved.
>>
>>8793253
I think claiming that she's "falling apart" based on her social media posts is a bit much.
>>
>>8794063
if you follow any lolita accounts (brands, other girls, etc) they may have just been going down follower lists and following people in an attempt to gain follows?
>>
I have an IG account that is so far just my lolita and Otome coords. But recently I'm starting to get back into cosplay after a long hiatus and I'm a very progress pics type of person, keeps me focused.
I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to create a side account for my cosplay stuff or not.
I'm planning a sakizo cosplay, and I feel most lolita said wouldn't mind progress pics of that., but the other is a video game.

Would you get frustrated if a lolita account suddenly started posting cosplay progress pics? I mean I'm not going to stop posting lolita content, but I don't want people overlooking my account because it has cosplay in it.
Thoughts?

TL;DR would you be annoyed if a lolita/Otome blog suddenly started posting cosplay/progress?
>>
>>8794258
I might be tempted to unfollow. Depends how much I liked your lolita coords to begin with and the volume of cosplay pictures.
>>
>>8792876
Hybrid is bell. Poof monster is a-line. In tulle and stiffer organza, petticoats aren't as easy to convert. I actually think a square dancing petticoat like the other anon suggested will work best if you want one that you can pin up.
>>
>>8794022
I think it really depends on the blouse as well. I'm surprised everything you liked was seen as cheap, particularly since infanta generally does decent blouses - I haven't really looked at chess story or pumpkin cat as I haven't liked any of their releases. Bunny house can look pretty average though, apparently Glitter Tale is not too bad as long as you don't want any of the ita designs (that satin and lace monstrosity with ruffle sleeves is particularly bad, but I've seen the chiffon blouses in person and they looked alright)
>>
>>8794086
>>8794291
thanks, but I was hoping to avoid malco modes because shipping from the US is always shit expensive and the ones MLT listed were a bit better. maybe I'll just suck it up and try to have a GO/just buy 2 pettis already (unless someone has an eurofag source for MM)
extra question: voile vs organza, does it matter very much? I'm prob going for organza but I've just never heard of voile being used and I'm curious
>>
File: BzIleYUCYAATfJt.jpg (43KB, 478x551px) Image search: [Google]
BzIleYUCYAATfJt.jpg
43KB, 478x551px
>>8794258
I'd probably unfollow unless it was cosplay that looked similar to the lolita aesthetic like fancy historic/fantasy stuff. Just make a sideblog and link to get some followers over?
>>
>>8794258
I'd create a second account unless your account is personal to begin with and you post things besides lolita/otome frequently already. I'm personally not interested in cosplay and don't like following cosplay accounts, so I'd probably unfollow unless your craftsmanship is amazing or your costumes are super complex.
>>
>>8794258
I'd still follow, but I'm into both so
>>
>>8794258

I'd still follow but I'm also a weeb.

I frickin' love Sakizo so depending how into the other cosplay I am I'd probably keep following you just for that.
>>
>>8794351
>>8794349
>>8794324
>>8794261
>>8794321
Thanks gulls, from your comments I think I will create a side account. Ill just cross link and post a few cosplay/progress shots on my main that suit the lolita/Otome aesthetic (eg sakizo)
>>
Will AP have a winter sale? Does anyone know when it will start?
>>
>>8793780
Oh shit sorry anon it was late when i replied. LJ wont load for shit. LM on the other hand in working just fine for me.
>>
>>8794420
I fucking hope so. I get my student finance tomorrow and I want Classic Fairy Tales 4 cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (711KB, 2826x2826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
711KB, 2826x2826px
Can someone ID this dress? It's so gorgeous.
>>
>>8794450
Well it's from Baby the Stars Shine Bright. That's all I know.
>>
>>8794258
I'm both a cosplayer and a lolita, but I'd unfollow. Cosplay really just isn't interesting to me to watch, even amongst my friends. I recommend you get a Facebook fanpage for cosplay and keep your instagram fashion related. That's generally where each pool of people groups around. I've never seen a lolita fanpage and I've personally never seen many cosplay instagrams that were really popular.
>>
>>8794457
I found it - it's called Quintet of Fairies. I didn't expect the name to be that easy to find.
>>
>>8794420
Most stores already have a sale going on except for Tokyo since it has the grand bazaar later this month. It just says coming soon for the online store...
>>
>>8794450
where is the photo from? reverse search?
>>
>>8794477
Reverse search didn't get me anything, but I found the name by googling stuff about the print. It's from a Wardrobe post. She didn't name a lot of her dresses.
>>
>>8794491
Did you ask her
>>
There's an item I want to bid on on Y!Japan, but I'm afraid they won't accept proxy bids. Where do they usually state if they do or don't? Their item description is huge and really specific, but it doesn't say in there that they wouldn't. Do they usually write it into the description or is there an auction info spot that has that info, sort of how you'd find out about shipping and questions?
>>
>>8794745
Most of the time I see it in the item description. You might want to check the seller's 'introduction' space on their profile page as well, they may say it there. But I think sometimes they don't say it at all and will just deny the bid.
>>
I have a question about Aus Post.
I live in the US and recently recently bought a dress from a girl in Australia. According to the seller, it was shipped like a week ago. However, the tracking number isn't bringing up anything besides "International" and "No events currently found," and international tracking websites don't pull up anything either.
Wouldn't it at least say that it had been processed and dispatched? I messaged the seller earlier today and am waiting on a reply, but is this cause to worry or is it normal for Australia Post?
>>
>>8794258
I'd be too lazy to have both instead of all on one page, but you do you
>>
>>8794745
If it's an important item you want to win, you should probably just try to use Tokyo Pirates / Chibi Tenshi / someone else personal.
>>
>>8794801
All Aus post parcels now come with a super basic tracking number that only says if it's left and arrived. A real tracking number that we have to pay a lot extra for will update much more frequently with detailed info on each location. You should be able to tell, if it's got like AU at the end it's the good tracking, if it starts with RR or something it's the cheap one.
>>
>>8794834
It ends with AU but doesn't say anything, not even that it's left. Hopefully it's just some error and not a major issue/something scammy.
>>
>>8794844
It might just be waiting, we've had a lot of public holidays obviously...
>>
newfag here. anyone have a link to watch kamikaze girls online? i'm tired of not getting the references when i'm out with other lolitas.
>>
>>8794869
It's on youtube but with spanish subs..
>>
>>8794853
I guess I just feel like it would be weird for it to sit around at the post office for at least 2-3 days (even taking the holiday into consideration, there have been a few business days) with no updates. Then again, I really only know about USPS.
>>
>>8793093
Gaia? Lmao I'll check that out.
>>
What happened to the "lolita black list" someone tried to make a couple of threads back?
>>
>>8794869
Its on Good Drama with English subs but the quality is bad.
>>
>>8793093
Gaia got rid of the lolita forum. It's just part of this "real life fashion and style" forum now.
>>
>>8795191
probably got abandoned because it was a good idea, but really impractical imo
>>
I have a package in the mail from Btssb, and the mailman didn't take it to my building's leasing office like he was supposed to, choosing to leave it at the post office instead. I wasn't even aware of this (long story) until today, and apparently yesterday was the last day for me to go claim it at the post office - they gave me three days, and I was away for those three days anyway. I'm going to try to call the post office, but if my package gets returned to Baby, how screwed am I? Will I be banned?
>>
>>8795317
Are you in the US? If so it doesn't get sent back for a few weeks and Sunday's don't count as business days. Nothing will ever get sent back after only 3 days lol
>>
How do you fix floppy bows on dresses that arent detachable?

Ive heard things about using stiffners but how exactly do you do that, just spray it straight onto the bow and leave it? Will stiffners leave residue?
>>
File: 5460_600.jpg (69KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
5460_600.jpg
69KB, 400x600px
>>8788475
anyone know source on this blouse, and on the shoes?
>>
>>8795733
The shoes are AP glitter heels, the blouse looks like Baby
>>
>>8795726

Completely truthful answer: I take apart Baby's bows that I dislike and resew the whole thing. Generally they come out looking nicer and less squished.

But assuming you can't sew. For stiffener, get spray starch (should be in the laundry isle along with the detergents). Spray a good deal onto the floppy bow (I'm not sure if the bow should be slightly wet first, but you definitely want a decent amount of spray starch on the bow, a light mist won't hold). Then, either use a steamer with a board, or a hair straightener.

Steamer with board: put the board behind the bow. Press the bow flat against the board with the steamer. Do only the outer edges of the bow, leave the middle alone. Mostly you want to get the "wings" of the bow to stand up like a butterfly, and then the bow won't look squished.

If you have an iron instead of a steamer, you can still lay the dress down somewhere flat, put a board behind the bow, then press on the bow with the iron.

Hair straightener: Grab the bow between the tongs and press. Again, only press the outsides of the bow.

Spray starch can be home made, but I haven't tested recipes. The stuff is intended for use in stiffening collars on men's workshirts, it doesn't have colour and it washes right out.

I'd suggest experimenting first on some dress that isn't your most favorite precious. Or maybe experiment on some scrap of fabric. Pay attention to the temperature so you don't burn the dress or melt the lace -- polyester, chiffon, tulle lace, all have lower melting temperatures, so be very careful with those. You may want to lay another clean fabric over the bow before pressing it so that the dress print doesn't come in contact with hot iron (however, if your iron is too cool, the pressing won't really "take").
>>
who knows whats in the ap sale?
>>
>>8795360
Wrong. Most packages will be sent back within a week at most, and I've definitely had packages sent back after 4 or 5 days.
>>8795317
Definitely call the post office, and if they give you any flack, say you want to talk to the manager/post-master. I can't advise you w/r/t Baby, but I hope your package is still there or able to be re-routed to you.
>>
>>8795904
I'm sorry this isn't true. I used to work at the PO. They keep it a minimum of 10 days. Most at least 15 days and some up to 30. Just call and I'm sure it will be there. It does vary by post office and by state, but they do have a very lengthy amount of time they are legally required to hold international packages.

As for what to do if it does get sent back, email Baby ahead of the packages return. Say that you will pay any And all costs to have it shipped again and apologize for the inconvenience.
>>
Have any anons ordered Museum of Fairy from Long Ears Sharp ears and received it or a working tracking number? I was told mine shipped a week ago but every time I check EMS the tracking number I was given doesn't work...
>>
How long from when a new dress is leaked does AP usually announce it?
>>
>>8797015
There is literally no way to measure that. I've seen dresses leaked that came out in a month, others 4 months.
>>
>>8795726
I actually sew the corners of my bows to the dress in the shape I want them to stay. You just need 1 or 2 stitches in each spot to hold them in place.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 960x720px
>>8797067
I saved up enough for this dress without even thinking about when it would come out. I guess I could put it back for a few months even though con season is coming...
>>
I'm looking at Gramm's items on the kincs webshop vs. the world.kincs webshop, and some of the prices are different. On the international site, some of the items are not discounted like they are in the Japamese webstore. Would it actually cost more, or have they not updated it yet? I was thinking of getting something, but it's literally half off on the Japanese website while full price on the international site.

Thanks for any help, in advance.
>>
Has anyone else looked at the new Betsy Johnson purses? Very Sweet.
>>
>>8797093
Magic Princess is the second print in the spring collection so it probably won't be released until March but you never know with AP.
>>
>>8797145
is that the only color it comes in? looks a bit too bright/unusually colored to go with any sweet prints that I know of though perhaps it would go well with whip magic
>>
>>8797175
>whip magic
I was thinking the same anon. I wish it came in other colors.
>>
>>8797188
yeah it's too bad - the purses she makes that are shaped are so cool but most of them come in odd colors that just wouldn't work too well with lolita. i remember when she came out with these cute cherry pie purses that were pretty perfect but by the time I found them they were all sold out.
>>
How low cut is too low cut for lolita?
I made a skirt coord, but the blouse is quite low cut, it does not show cleavage but is perhaps an inch above my boobs.
>>
>>8797383
Just say it's ero
>>
>>8797388
So it is too low cut?
>>
File: 8579017829_fecdd4f508_b[1].jpg (347KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8579017829_fecdd4f508_b[1].jpg
347KB, 683x1024px
>>8797383

This seems to be more common sense than actually lolita related.

If the blouse takes the outfit into tramp territory, or makes you look like a dressed up hooker, then it's definitely too low and distasteful, even if you weren't dressing in lolita.

If you're just talking about a wide, open neckline like pic related, nothing trampy looking, then it's all right, but you gotta make sure to balance the outfit. Usually an open neckline like this needs a choker or something around the neck or else it looks very bare.

Lolita doesn't have rules on blouse coverage, but it seems commonsense not to be showing your nipples (unless you're doing edgy ero lolita), and to choose a blouse that fits your style, so you wouldn't choose a low-cut blouse if you were aiming for a sweet, innocent look, same as you wouldn't choose a peter pan collar for a more mature style.
>>
Could someone explain to me the "cuts" of lolita dresses? Just getting into purchasing them but unsure of how to judge/know what cuts mean. I know it has to do with the length but are there specific terms and stuff I should be aware of? It feels like a lot of people on cgl know the cuts just from a photo too which is impressive.

>nb4 google it newfag
>>
Glass Forest is so damn cute,I wish I could send them a tip.Their service is awesome.
>>
>>8797570
>jsk - no sleeves, needs a shirt under it
>op - sleeves
(>salopette - short skirt)

that's more or less all there is to it, unless you meant something else. sometimes if a release includes several jsks or ops they have separate names that are usually listed (HL had the zipper jsk and the.. other one, can't remember)
>>
>>8797598
So the only difference between a jsk and selopette is that it's shorter?
>>
>>8797093
Does anybody know what other colors they have planned for this?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1452002722830.jpg (730KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1452002722830.jpg
730KB, 1024x1024px
>>8797570
Not sure exactly what your after but;
OP = Onepiece. It is a dress which always has sleves, whether they are long or short.
JSK = Jumperskirt. This is a dress which only has straps

When lolitas talk about 'cuts' they are referring to either an OP or JSK which has multiple styles of the same print.
For example using AP's Holy Lantern (pic related)
OP on the left
JSK on the right. But they are avaliable in different styles or 'cuts'. Top is called the 'High Waisted JSK' and the lower is known as the 'Zipper JSK'.

Depending on the series and the cuts the brands release, different cuts will be known as different names.
Common examples include;
Switching
Babydoll
Military
Bustier
Special Set

It's not much of a feat to know the difference between cuts. You will pick it up as you become more familiar with yhe prints around. Especially the more popular ones as they get posted up often.
If you are unsure if a print you like has another cut, try searching Lolibrary for the print name, and it will show you all assosiated items.

Hope that helps you understand!
>>
>>8797606
Salopettes typically have drop (low) waists, a non-fitted bodice (compared to a JSK in any case) and room for a very small petticoat (if at all) in the skirt portion. Depending on the specific piece and its design it can be considered casual lolita or not lolita at all.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1452003015946.jpg (697KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1452003015946.jpg
697KB, 1024x1024px
>>8797610
Opps and I got the JSK names in my image moxed around!
Zipper is the top right image and High waisted is the lower right.

I also forgot Salopette, which is essentially overalls but with a short skirt instead of pants. (Pic related - AP's Chocolate Rosette Salo)
>>
>>8797606
No, a salopette is cut more like overalls in the bodice (you couldn't wear one without a blouse, too much sideboob) and a JSK is more like a sundress.
>>
>>8797606
http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/post/69199904000/may-i-ask-the-difference-between-an-opjsk-and for a more typical reference image (since the HL OP is a babydoll cut and has a non-existent waist)
>>
File: 99183_900.jpg (102KB, 504x333px) Image search: [Google]
99183_900.jpg
102KB, 504x333px
>>8797570
When someone says "I prefer x (or y) cut," they're usually referring to what >>8797598 said. Sometimes a brand will release two or three different cuts of OPs or JSKs for a print series; these usually differ in things like skirt or bodice style, and the measurements can differ. For example, the "round" cut of Honey Cake (on right) is more popular than the "yoke" or "switching" version (on left). (Switching refers to the fact that a new or different material is introduced/used in the bib or "yoke" bit) This is in part because the round has a cleaner, more "mature" look, but also has a lot to do with the fact that the round cut has full back shirring and is thus more forgiving measurement-wise.
If you were asking more along the lines of skirt shapes/dress lengths/etc. here's a decent link:
http://www.lolitafashion.org/dress_styles.html
It leaves out a few things, notably tea length, but it covers more than I have time to.
>>
>>8797188
>>8797218
If you don't mind messing with it, you can go over the ugly colors with Angelus leather paint in colors you like.
It might take a few layers and some patience though.
>>
>>8797414
Different anon but what is considered "tramp territory" varies pretty wildly between lolita and other fashions as well as between the West vs Japan (and presumably other Asian countries). Many lolitas will probably bristle at the idea of having a neckline lower than ~2" below the collar bones but I regularly see non-lolita women with necklines so low the top of their bra cups are practically peeking out, both in casual- and fancy formalwear. Those women probably don't consider themselves to be dressed like tramps. The neckline in rococo fashion (which lolita is supposedly heavily inspired by) is also crazy low and would be completely unacceptable in lolita. You're right that there is a certain aspect of common sense re: not letting your nipples pop out but aside from that you can't really say that a lolita's standards of an acceptable neckline are identical to those of everyone else.
>>
>>8797656
>rococo fashion (which lolita is supposedly heavily inspired by)
It really depends on the sub-style and the specific dress; you can't say that lolita as a whole is "heavily inspired" by 18th century French fashion because it takes inspiration from too many different sources to be pigeonholed into that specific definition.
>>
>>8793242
Anna House made a JSK with this fabric but all they have are sax, lavender, and mint colorways atm.
>>
>>8797618
You're right except for the thing about which cut is more popular. I was on a lomg hunt for the yoke JSK and it was equally popular if not more.
>>
>>8797702
I'd definitely say the round is more popular. It consistently goes for more than the yoke and is many people's preferred cut. That said, I never meant that it was way more popular; HC as a print is popular enough that basically every cut is popular and sought after.
>>
>>8797664
Yeah, thats why I said supposedly because it's always trotted out as lolita's #1 historical inspiration regardless of substyle.
My point is though that "tramp territory" cleavage is totally different in lolita compared to (for instance) French rococo gowns even though there can be a lot of stylistic similarities between the two otherwise, so that the lolita standard of acceptable cleavage can be totally different from other fashions' standard of acceptable cleavage and it's more than just common sense like anon said.
>>
>>8797714
>those out-of-breath run on sentences
Wow I really can't write properly on mobile. Sorry about that.
>>
>>8797218
There's even a pancake mix bag at Macy's currently. Of course, the whole thing is an obnoxious hot pink.
>>
>>8797656
>>8797714

Actual anon you replied to here.

Assuming they're planning to wear their outfit out and about, the neckline could be up to your "lolita standards" and still too low or too sheer for anon's culture/country, and then they may find themselves getting harassed for it. That's exactly why the tramp definition is loose. Most girls live in countries where bra tops showing is definitely tramp territory, not the other way around.

As for girls bitching about necklines being too low, I'll bet you most of these times the outfit suffers from coordination issues, not just one neckline. I tried to convey that part by saying they needed to choose a blouse that suits the style, for instance, a low cut blouse while the rest of their outfit is sweet old school lolita is going to look very wrong because old school sweet tends to look conservative and doesn't favour low-cut necklines.

On the other hand, if they were doing a more mature look with a corset dress and an intricate, large choker, then a low cut dress suits the image and shows off the choker. With a more opulent, borderline aristocrat look, it would even be acceptable to show off cleavage.

I don't know if any of the lolita styles lend themselves to showing off the top of bra cups aside from ero lolita, which is the real reason I'd avoid a blouse that low, even if I lived in an area that considered showing bra tops to be non-tramp territory.

Well, it seems commonsense to me that you'd consider what's acceptable in your part of the world before you walk out the door, and it seems equally common sense that you'd consider whether the style of lolita you're going for when considering whether the blouse is too low or not. Hope this explanation helps to clear things up.

As for comparing things to rococo, I made zero assumptions about anon's style. If that anon is into rococo, then the advice still stands, the cut of the blouse should suit the style that they're aiming for, neckline and all.
>>
>>8797383
Since you're worried about it being too low, then it definitely is.
>>
I ordered some stuff from fururun a couple of weeks back and paid on the 28th, but I haven't heard anything from them since. I assume it's just because of the holiday season, but should I send them an email or something?
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 178x284px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 178x284px
>>8797414
>>8797899
>>8797889
I found a picture showing the approximate neckline of the blouse. It is sheer so I would wear a tank top underneath it and the tank top neckline is approximately the same as the blouse neckline. It has sleeves and such though.
I hate choker necklaces but the blouse also has neck ties so it isn't completely plain.
>>
>>8798070
At that point it depends on the cut of the jsk. If you end up with a lot of skin in your chest it helps to have a necklace fill up that space. Not a choker because that is just at your neck.
>>
>>8797598
>>8797610
>>8797613

Thanks anons. I seriously thought cuts meant the length of the dresses lmao. I knew what OP/JSK meant but didn't know that cuts referred to them. It really helps!
>>
Couldn't find feel general, but I need to express my frustration
> Cooking fish
> Drop large fillet on my home shirt
> Well whatever, put it over the dirty clothes box so it will be tossed into the washing machine with the rest of it
> In the morning I find unwashed shirt that smells strongly of fish among my lolita clothes hanging it the wardrobe
> everything smells like fish
> disgusting
> turns out my mom decided that shirt was clean and decided to put it in my wardrobe because IT WAS LAYING AROUND HOW UNTIDY IT IS LEAVING YOUR CLOTHES OUT OF YOUR ROOM
> Yeah, okay, but it was laying on laundry box and it had strong fish smell
> IT WAS CLEAN ALREADY WHY WASH IT TWO TIMES I DON'T SENSE ANY FISH SMELL
Fuck you, mom. Just putting everything without checking in closets just so it is out of your sight is not cleaning.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.