[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about really unfortunate things that have happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 177292542.jpg (256KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
177292542.jpg
256KB, 1024x683px
Let's talk about really unfortunate things that have happened to our beloved frilly dresses and cosplays. I'll start.

I did a daytrip to a con a few hours away and when i was ready to leave I had to decide whether or not I wanted to take time to change out of my coord or hit the road ASAP. I was nervous about driving in my beautiful JSK but I was so sleepy and wanted to get home, I felt so pretty in it and didn't want to take it off, and I reasoned that nothing bad happens to my regular clothes when I drive, so what was the worst that could happen? Bad decision. I first noticed some resistance when I had to turn my body to look for oncoming cars when changing lanes to get on the highway, but I didn't think much of it. The next time I had to change lanes it was even worse so I made sure not to turn around as much. But the third time traffic was insane and I needed to look as hard as I could to make sure I didn't get myself killed. I heard a loud RRRRIIIP and at first convinced myself that it was just the back corset lacing coming undone, but upon further inspection the bodice had been considerably ripped from the skirt. My dress sacrificed itself for my safety. Hopefully I'll be able to sew it back since it ripped on a seam, but i know she'll never be quite the same.

What about you gulls?

>What's the worst thing that's ever happened to your lolita clothes/cosplay?
>Was it fixable?
>Ever put yourself in a risky situation and came out of it unscathed?
>What kind of measures do you take to keep your shit safe?
>>
My stick-on velcro fell off my skirt halfway through a convention, making the whole thing fall apart (it has a huge slit open at the front). If I hadn't had bobby pins on me and been able to pin it back together I would have had to hole myself up somewhere and cry.

Last time I ever used stick-on velcro to try to save time. Never again.
>>
A few years ago I was getting ready for my first meet and I left my coord hanging out so I could steam it after I showered.
Got out of the shower and saw my mom ironing my skirt.
"Anon, I thought I'd save you some time and iron your skirt for you!"

She'd ironed most of it fine... Save for a patch of the hem lace which has melted holes where there wasn't cotton.

You couldn't see it from far away but I sadly never felt brave enough to wear it again and ended up selling it not long after.
>>
>>8775747
Oh man, these are the saddest stories to me....someone thinks they're being helpful and inadvertently just makes things worse. Did you wear it to your meet at least?
>>
I had the sole fall off one of my shoes while outside and far from my hotel room. I just heard a weird flapping then suddenly my feet weren't at the same level. They were vintage so I guess the glue gave out.
I was gross and barefooted it to my friend's hotel and she gave me matching duct tape that lasted the rest of the day though.
>>
Let me just get this out of the way, before it's posted.

LIEK OMG THIS ONE TIME I WAS WEARING DIS GREAT COORD WHEN SUDDENLY PERIOD LIKE OMG RITE? AND I BLEED THOUH MY CUTEST PANTSU AND RUINED MAH DRESS

You're welcome.
>>
>unpack bag of brand at hotel
>wake in the night to bedbug bites
>have to evacuate the room, and leave everything behind
>hotel has all our clothes and luggage heat-treated/dry-cleaned but this process takes a fucking day
>move to another room, have nothing to wear but my PJs for first day of con
>stay in room feeling gross and unkawaii
>miss lolita swapmeet because of bedbugs in my brand

Nothing was ruined at the cleaner's but good god that was hundreds of dollars' worth of frills in the hands of an unknown entity for 18 hours.
>>
>What's the worst thing that's ever happened to your lolita clothes/cosplay?
Red AatP JSK (Elizabeth), sudden downpour. Print bleeding. Everywhere. Even stained my petticoat underneath.

>Was it fixable?
It took me a year to work up the guts to try, but I managed to remove most of the bleeding from the lace and lighter parts of the print with an extra soft toothbrush and some Dove shampoo.

>Ever put yourself in a risky situation and came out of it unscathed?
Went to a meet-up the same day as one of those stupid color run things. Thought for sure I was doomed trying to get through a pack of people covered in the powdered dye shit. Somehow managed to avoid brushing up against any of them and got into the clear.

>What kind of measures do you take to keep your shit safe?
Generally, nothing especially crazy. Napkins on the lap at cafes or restaurants, avoid wearing prints I know will run if rain is predicted, that sort of thing. Usually carry a Tide pen with me as well, but that only works for small stains and smears.
>>
>>8775781
I know this is a joke post but can someone explain if this can actually happen?..I can see it ruining your petti but (this might be gross) no one sees that anyway...lol

>>8775788
Congrats on being able to get it out, and without any crazy concoctions or anything either.
>>
I've had two things

1. I was twinning with a friend my dress being white with black details, and her black with white details. I was trying to open a strawberry drink but having trouble, so she tried to open it for me. The second she opened it the fizz quickly started coming out of the opening splashing on both her and my dress in the process of trying to close it back up and stop the overflow. Left red staining on some white parts of her dress, and some tiny spots on mine. Luckily I always come prepared and had Shout Wipes in my purse and was able to treat the stain and get them completely out after about 15 mins of working on them.

2. I had an OP that was black on top and white on for the skirt. This was when I first got into lolita and didn't think to much about it and just threw it into the wash. Well the black ran all over the white and turned it a light pink. Started calling up dry cleaners ad none of them said they could help me, with one even saying that sometimes color bleeding even happens with them. After researching online I found a post by a mom that was able to fix red dye bleeding onto a white collar by using Oxi-Clean and Shout Color Catcher Sheets. So I tried it, and after washes all the pink came out and white was perfect white again. Now I never wash anything that has multiple colors on it unless I use color catcher sheets. Those things are a live saver.
>>
>>8775812
*I meant after 3 washes all the pink came out.
>>
File: 20151221_200806.jpg (32KB, 140x202px) Image search: [Google]
20151221_200806.jpg
32KB, 140x202px
> wear pic related
> if you can't tell that's Baby's Alice Halloween Jsk
> spill starbucks across skirt
> nbd it'll wash right out
> laundry day rolls around
> reach for my handy dandy stain remover
> give jsk a healthy spritzing
> immediate smell of bleach
> print disappears before my eyes
> freak the fuck out
> cry for 3 hours straight

Yeah turns out a week or so before my dad decided to put a stop to some mold growing on the bathroom ceiling and being a fan of convenience and a master of invention emptied out the first spray bottle he found, filled it with diluted bleach and put it right back where he found it afterwards without telling anyone.
>>
>>8775835
fuck that noise anon. did he offer to repay damages?

>>8775816
all that incomprehensible rambling and THAT'S the part you choose to clarify?
>>
>>8775841
Bought me a new Jsk and mum is helping turn what is salvageable into an open fronted skirt
>>
>>8775835
jesus fuck that's awful
>>
>wearing a dress with a sweets print
>accidentally drop fucking cocoa powder all down it while eating
>get most of it out by scratching with my fingernail but some of it remains
>spend entire meet trying to scratch off cocoa powder
>get it wet in the bathroom and immediately realize that was a bad idea
>paranoid as fuck
>realize the parts I was scratching at the most are actually just shading on the scatter print
I-I-I think it's okay now... I'm probably going to recheck it in the sunlight tomorrow.
Never bring sweets covered in cocoa powder to lolita meets please even if they're delicious
>>
>>8775812

>black top, white skirt
>color run is pink

Dyes just aren't logical, man.

Do you mind sharing what the OP was? I'm curious what which brand runs like that, considering a lot of old school was black with white lace.

On a different note, I'm glad you got out of your scrapes totally unscathed.
>>
>>8775856

In case this happens to anyone again -- find a bookshop/sundry store and buy sticky tape or a lint roller, and use that to get the powder off your dress instead of trying to dust/wash it off.

In the case of cocoa powder, also remember not to touch it with your hands, because your bodyheat can cause some brands of cocoa powder to melt right into your dress.
>>
>>8775856
Also, I once walked 2 miles from a pizza hut to a hotel holding a large pizza in all btssb without even a single grease stain.
>>8775860
That's great advice anon, thanks. I really fucked this one up though, I even got some parts wet and rubbed it with my nails and fingers. I forgot that it was different than flour. Luckily, there's brown in the print, but I'd still like to get it mostly out. Google said to try hydrogen peroxide, but I'm a bit worried about it bleaching or something. The dress is pretty pastel and muted so I'm not so worried about running.
>>
>>8775856
Can I add cookies that are covered with powdered sugar to that list? I wear a lot of black, and I hate getting white spots on the front of my dress.
>>
>>8775858
It was an OP I had gotten from Ebay (new and stupid, but not a super terrible dress).

Yeah at this point, unless the dress is made out of fabric that can't be washed, or has features on it that shouldn't be washed, any dress I spill something on is going right in the washer with oxi-clean and color sheets. I've washed a red Magical Etoile OP using them and the white parts came out unharmed, so I have 100% faith in them now lol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.