[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confession thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 35

File: images.jpg (4KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 295x171px
Confession thread gulls.
Be it silly or more serious.
>>
I started sharing coords online again recently, but I think it's made me want to stop. I ask for concrit, receive none, get posted here, and then don't even get anonymous concrit. I used to get hundreds of notes/likes on my coords, and I've improved since then, but now I'm getting next to nothing despite improving.
I guess it just makes me feel sort of useless. People who throw together ita shit-tier coords get asspats and their hands held, and anyone who is actually trying and wants a little concrit is either ignored or gets shit on for matching two different shades of blue.

I really miss the format of Daily Lolita where you could post a fuckton of outfits at once and still get concrit/compliments and the ita stuff was either ignored or buried.
>>
>>8773622
Motherfucking this

I'm not going to shit all over you or call you rude if you give me concrit on CoF, tumblr, instagram, or on my personal Facebook page. I genuinely want it so I can improve. And I come here, and see like 13 replies of concrit or stuff like 'i hate these shoes'

Fucking TELL ME PLEASE IT'S NOT THAT HARD
>>
>>8773627
It's such a pain. I'll admit that the likes/reblogs/notes are nice, but I've mostly started sharing again because I really like feedback and suggestions. I really don't mind someone being brutally honest. A lot of the best advice I've received was people being honest at risk of being blunt.
>>
I unironically bought some chinese knockoffs.
Come at me.
>>
>>8773636
ok
>>
>>8773631
>>8773627
I think that the problem with that is that people might feel like they can't relax and speak freely without being seen as rude. Nowadays any comment that doesn't have a shit ton of sugar and emojis is seen as rude and as bullying or whatever.
It's too much work to put into a comment to make sure it's not seen as rude and it's easier to move on. Not a lot of people wanna risk starting a shitstorm.
>>
I hide my protein and work out supplements in my lolita wardrobe. It's taken me a while to lose the weight I needed to both fit into brand and become healthier. I hide them since my bf doesn't like the idea of me taking them but he honestly has no idea just how much ongoing behind the scenes maintenance women actually
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 470x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 470x254px
I watch Yumi Kings tutorials sometimes..
>>
>>8773643

Agreed. Even on here, I've gotten some shit just for sharing a different opinion than the rest of the thread. God forbid I have an opinion of my own and not be called a judgmental cunt for it. But if I side with anyone else, I'm a samefag and I need to stop with the circlejerking. Can't win = won't even bother trying. Sorry anon.
>>
I've started playing FF7 again because i plan to do a cosplay from there, not sure which, maybe Cloud as a girl when he's trying to infiltrate.

And
I realized, i'm usually not attracted by guys in real life but
I just really am attracted by Hojo
Out of all the fucking characters like Sephiroth,Vincent,...
Fucking Hojo.
Help me.
>>
I discovered Lolita when I was still in high school in like the early 2000's. There wasn't a big presence for it in the US yet. As it grew though, I said I'd get into it when I was ready (financially). At the time, I was really focused on getting into a good college. After graduating college, I was really focused on getting a good job and working towards a career path. In between, I got married, I bought a house, and paid off all my school loans. I'm completely debt free (except for the mortgage)! So I finally felt like it was ok for me to spend some money on Lolita, but now I'm fuckin 30 and just getting into the community, and frankly I just feel a little lost or disconnected. I was never a part of the whole LJ phase, so I really feel like I missed out on something there. And I don't know a lot of 30-and-over Lolitas. It seems like by that age, they grow out of the fashion or have moved onto another jfashion style.

Are there any other 30+ year old Lolitas out there still enjoying Lolita? Or is there some sort of club/group I haven't found yet?
>>
>>8773681
Hot glue anon
hot glue
>>
>>8773865
What style are you into? I think there are plenty of 30+ classic and gothic lolitas out there. 30+ sweet lolitas are rare and probably keep to themselves.
>>
>>8773891
Classic. Definitely Classic. Where do I find said 30+ Lolitas?
>>
>>8773636
ok
>>
>>8773901
There's a few girls in my community in their late twenties and a few OVER 30! Honestly, the online community mostly appeals so teenagers who want attention. The older girls generally stick to themselves. One of the over 30 girls is fairly popular and active though.

Honestly they're all over the place, you probably just don't realize theyre over thirty there's no reason to bring up your age in cof post. Anyways, just off the top of my head octavekitten, Lauran, shelbycloud, and misako are all over 30.
>>
>>8773948

>the online community mostly appeals so teenagers who want attention.
I got this same feeling when I started to participate more in the community groups on FB. I feel too old for the drama and would just like to have more chill group discussions or meet ups.

>The older girls generally stick to themselves.
So no luck finding and connecting to them through some group, huh?

>you probably just don't realize theyre over thirty
True enough. I may be 30, but I don't look it one bit. I've been confused for 16 before. Look wise, I fit in just fine with the 20-something's. But everything else is different. Different priorities. Different lifestyles. I just want to make a connection and fit in.

I don't mind being 30 and into Lolita. I just want to hang out with people more my age range. Not sure how to go about finding them in my area if they keep to themselves.
>>
I purposefully spilled my coffee on a girl's moitie dress at a midwest con last summer. I just hate snobby girls that only wear tiny brand. It was fun watching her freak out for a month trying to find a dry cleaner to clean it.
>>
>>8773982
Wow. What did she do to you to warrant that?
>>
>>8773891
I'm 34 and mostly wear sweet with some classic.

I'm around online a good deal, but mainly I tend to stay a little more reclusive. I tend to keep my selfposts and pictures a little more low key. IRL, I'm at conventions and meets. I meet up with a local friend in her 30's and we wear lolita together for lunch or whatever whenever our schedules align. There's a few others in my area in their 30's or close who wear lolita. We've got a small pocket in my area.

>>8773975
Same here, when I'm interested in something, I enjoy partaking in discussions about it. I can only take it online in spurts. Mostly because I tend to be rather indifferent about what other people are doing and in that regard, I do really stick to myself. I think I've posted to COF three times ever? I don't even tag my outfit posts outside my personal tag unless it's a great picture.
>>
I'm attempting to becoming e-famous through instagram because I want strangers to tell me I'm pretty. I have this whole drawn out plan and everything.
>>
>>8773984
>falling for bait

Moitie isn't even tiny aside from some JSKs and skirts.
>>
>>8773982
>It was fun watching her freak out for a month trying to find a dry cleaner to clean it.

A month to find a dry cleaner? And if you're worried? Try to make your bait more believable.
>>
File: 328112.jpg (363KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
328112.jpg
363KB, 1600x900px
I always wear long sleeved blouses, and tights even when it's hot. I can't go outside so much on summer: I have a lot of deep scars in all my body, because I've used to cut around 5 years ago. My deepest nightmare is someone notice them.

I miss swimming so much.
>>
>>8773988
>Mostly because I tend to be rather indifferent about what other people are doing and in that regard, I do really stick to myself.
I do this too, but at in person meets. The small talk is pretty thin, and I never know how to join into a conversation I'm just not interested in. I end up being some awkward wallflower. Any tips as a fellow 30+ Lolita? How do I find others without having to give my age away and potentially alienating myself?
>>
>>8773999
Haha none would do it because the tag specified a certain chemical and they wouldn't pay for it if they ruined the dress. She didn't particularly do anything. I just don't like her.
>>
>>8774002
Shouldn't have been such a whiny little bitch, then.
>>
>>8774045
That's bullshit, all Moitie tags say to use perc solution but it's not true that it is the only way to do it (you can even machine wash lots of it safely), and the usual way works better in my experience. The dry cleaners don't even care, once you give it to them it's not their responsibility as you made the choice as to what solution to be used. Perc is easy enough to find anyway. Try harder next time.
>>
>>8774061
I'm sure the other anon is full of shit, but all of my Moitie says petroleum only. There is a potential that perchlorate could ruin those dresses, so I'm actually not surprised that cheap cleaners would refuse it.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 289x62px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 289x62px
>>8774066
Dropped pic
>>
>>8774051
Can I use your salt on my fries?
>>
>>8774071
I dunt currrrrrrr
>>
>>8774003
Rather than age, try keeping an eye out for girls who have more stability in their lives: steady jobs, long-term relationships, minimal drama and chaos. They're probably the people you'll have the most in common with.

Also, don't worry so much about alienating people by revealing your age. The ones who you don't want to bother with due to immaturity will weed themselves out, and the others are usually happy to have a real-life example of someone who still wears the style despite being older.
>>
>>8774002
Your scars are a badge of your strength and ability to survive. They're nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
I'm a 33 year old Lolita, but my comm is horrible and I hate the drama, so I have no real suggestions.

I'm leaving Lolita because of this. I'm really anxious about selling like $8k of Lolita goods. We have one trouble maker that incredibly mentally ill. She has been in trouble for making up lies, but she always weasels back in with her "I can't help the fact that I have X trendy mental illness" victim crap. She posts BTBs secrets about herself so that she can blame it on other people so that she gets attention. She comes here and tells weird stories about herself.(usually overly explicit sex stuff) and self post for asspats. I can't handle it anymore.
>>
>>8774002
I'm glad I cut in specific, hard-to-see places. There are some cosplays I would love to do that would reveal them though, so I still regret. It does get less scary as times goes by though, and at some point, the desire to do things surpass the fear that someone will notice and comment on your scars. Which is a good thing because you should do the stuff you enjoy after surviving the shit period you went through 5 years ago. When you are having fun, I can almost guarantee you that those scars won't even come to mind and at the end of the day, you'll be like "Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be".
>>
File: newlyweds_by_crimsonsun-d36azpa.jpg (307KB, 1038x606px) Image search: [Google]
newlyweds_by_crimsonsun-d36azpa.jpg
307KB, 1038x606px
>>8773842
>Fucking Hojo.
>Help me.

sure, i'll help you with that...
>>
>>8773681
me too, I find them relaxing
>>
>>8773865
I'm not 30, but I'm fairly close (26) and I feel like I'm in a vaguely similar boat. I was really into the idea of dressing in lolita since middle/high school, but I've only recently had the financial means to actually do so and I feel like everyone in my comm in sooo young comparatively.

If you ever want to chat about being 'old', drop me a line.
>>
It really irks me when I see members of my former comm (no drama, just moved) complaining on Facebook about how only elitist meanies use cal but then they'll self post in various threads and the draw thread with a ton of emotes.
>>
>>8774111
not that anon- but also strangely attracted to the creep and keeping this anyway. bless you
>>
>>8774144
>cal
Calculus...?
>>
>>8774146
They likely mean cgl
>>
>>8774147
or california maybe?
>>
>>8774146
>>8774147
I did sorry my tablet autocorrected
>>
>>8774136
Are you guys afraid to wear Lolita because you think everyone who does is some immature 22-year-old who can't get it together? I can see that's the impression this place and other online communities give, but I suspect that the reality is there are just a handful of painful people who make noise far larger than their size.

Also I can tell you I used to think 30 was old, but, it's not. I know people in their 40s who are still youthful looking and acting. It's all who you are, and you can prove this to yourself by remembering you probably knew people all the way back in high school who already looked and acted like old, world-weary hags. Age is mostly irrelevant; it's about attitude.
>>
>>8774096
Don't quit the fashion anon!! If you truly enjoy lolita, why not just quit the community. You can wear your beautiful dresses outside of meets and cons. Go out in dates or with friends or even on your own in lolita. Being a lone lolita is really not so bad, especially if you have accepting friends and partner.

You really don't need other lolitas to enjoy the clothes.
>>
>survive physically and sexually violent environment
>use lolita as coping mechanism in high school
>drawn to early 00's scans of blank- or bitch-faced frilly street snaps
>love the idea of rejecting sexualization while presenting as feminine
>Mana convinces me lolita is gender-neutral
>want to be sullen, broken gothic doll to reclaim the "weakness" that led to my abuse
>can't afford lolita but try my edgy pauper best to emulate a vkei, anime-esque aesthetic
>develop online persona since i hate/fear interacting with people IRL
>cycle through personas, keeping fake blogs and accounts to keep up with lolita/cosplay
>live various lives online for years
>each successive persona gets more normalfag as i mature
>enter college late, online habits lead me to lie about my age, make up innocuous backstories for myself to not stand out
>get job, money, sort of stable friend circle
>abandon altfash and mold my personality to be a professional young man as much as i can
>outwardly have decent if strange life, inwardly empty
>inner special edgy androgynous snowflake wants out
>end up posting under different personas on 4chan, including a lolita one and a cosplayer one on /cgl/
>after years of this, buy some EGA brand
>promise myself no crossdressing, brolitas are awkward, i won't like people thinking poorly of me in a dress, etc.
>recently make wishlist of lolita dresses because my anonymous lolita persona makes me happy
>find a grail-tier JSK
>imagine myself bidding on it
>why not? what's the worst that could happen?
>bid
>immediately outbid
>fine
>go to sleep
>have vivid nightmare, with full sensory detail including touch and taste, of being sexually assaulted
>somehow feel this is because i am now letting my angsty teenage self into real world
>consider selling my EGA stuff because i might always associate the aesthetic with my adolescent identity as a "broken object"
>don't want to open Pandora's box further
>better to stay an online faker
>real life is 2real4me
>>
>>8774164
>>8774169
I am 32 yes old. I get mistaken for early to mid-twenties all the time in normalfag, and younger in Lolita. Still, the commentary on here has made me scared to give any indication my age. I just didn't want to enter Lolita until I was more stable. However, your post is something I wanted to keep so I took a stern cap on my phone to read on days I am insecure. Sage for being an old cringecow.
>>
>>8774164
>26-chan
I just don't want to be judged and ostracized by the 17-year-olds I share my comm with. The fashion make me an outsider to 'normal' people, and I'd hate to have my age to the same thing with the only other people in my area who share this interest.

I'm going to wear lolita regardless, but it would nice to have a little support, I guess.
>>
>>8774002
bio oil helps A LOT with scars, you should try it. i tried some on my self harm scars and it made them fade a lot
>>
>>8774180
im not really sure what to say but this post made me really sad when i read it. not like its much of a condolence, but i hope you feel better, anon
>>
My depression is really getting to me.
The effects it has on me, I mean. I'm sick of never being motivated enough to wear lolita, and I even passed up a dream dress because I simply couldn't be bothered to buy it. Then when that happens, I have those spur of the moment times when I feel a little bit better, then get hit by disappointment that I let my happier self down and the cycle starts all over again.

I really wanted to be happy for christmas so I wouldn't drag everyone else down with me, but I can't be bothered to smile. My mum was even a saint and bought be Holy Lantern as a christmas present, or at least reserved it. I'm thankful, I really am, but I wish I could show it a bit more.

I feel like such a fucking let down.
>>
>>8774220
You're not a let down, anon, you're sick. Depression is an illness and you need help. I don't know your situation and how available therapy is for you but please take care of yourself.
>>
I really want to get into Classic Lolita and Old School. But I'm afraid because I've been a sweet Lolita since 2008. I'm not entirely sure how to go through with it, but I just feel too old for the sweet Lolita colour pallette. I'm also a little scared of my comm judging me for changing styles.

I'm also cripplingly paranoid and anxious, so that's another thing holding me back. I'm scared of change.
>>
>>8773865

I'm not in your age group anon, but honestly my whole comm is filled with "older" women. I think the majority of them or at least the active ones, are 26 - 31. I think our oldest member is 36? So please don't think there aren't other girls of your age range out there, because there are. And they are always the ones that have their life under control and can easily afford brand. < 3
>>
>>8773865
I'll be 30 in February, anon. I honestly feel too old to wear sweet to anything but a convention, but I don't feel out of place in classic. I just wish I had more occasion to wear it, bc getting dressed up to go to the grocery store is usually more effort than I want to put forth
>>
>>8774191
I'm 28 and I know how you feel. I feel like even more odd because I am still into pastel vomit sweet. I see girls younger than me moving on to more mature styles because they are feeling too old while I'm still into sweet at almost 30.

I have the support of my husband but it's not really the same, I want the support of other lolitas. I just worry they will judge me and think I'm some kind of creep.
>>
>>8774251
Try easing yourself into it. Have you looked at Innocent World's designs? They have some classic-sweet pieces that might appeal to you and make the change easier (if they have none in stock currently, look on lolibrary and on secondhand sales and see if you find something you like).
Old school isn't very difficult to figure out, it's a very simplified version of lolita as you know it today. There are tons of resources online for researching (look in the old school lolita thread >>8753341 the old lolita handbook on LJ, Avant Gauche, and even various old school lolita tumblrs for inspiration), and plain, iconic old school pieces are generally easy and cheap to find secondhand.
And don't worry about your comm judging you. I know anxiety clouds your rational thinking but try to think rationally about it: What reason could they possibly have to judge you? You wear your clothes to please yourself, not your comm. You're not a performer with a persona that must stay consistent to please an audience, you're a person involved in an alternative fashion scene and it's absolutely your right to change your style if that's what you want to do.
>>
I shit posted a lot in the INLD thread.
I have always admired the Melbourne comm, I'm jealous that they have so many gorgeous well-dressed lolitas and I'm stuck with a bunch of itas rolled into the embarrasement that is my comm.
So I jumped on the opportunity to stir the drama, it was nice to know that the comm wasn't as perfect as they make it seem.
But now everytime I see a photo from one of the girls I look up to, I feel really guilty.
>>
>>8773842
Same here, anon.
>>
>>8773865
I'm 30 and I wear almost exclusively sweet.
>>
File: tumblr_nwfmz7WELd1rq7ph4o1_1280.jpg (278KB, 1280x978px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwfmz7WELd1rq7ph4o1_1280.jpg
278KB, 1280x978px
>>8774251
Also, remember that old school isn't a sub style of its own, it's a type of look.
Any sub style (whether sweet, classic or gothic) can be old school, modern, or OTT, depending on the designs and materials of the pieces used in the coord, color matching (or lack thereof), accessorizing, and general styling.
>>
>>8774003
>>8774080
I'm usually the oldest at meets and one of the oldest in my comm. But it's not like I only get along with the older ones. I tend to talk to the youngest member of the comm a lot because she knows her shit and is always super informed about new releases, and I love discussing new releases.
>>
>>8774261
Moving on to a "more mature" style sounds immature to me.
>>
>>8774268
Thank you. I actually really, really like the classic-sweet things from Innocent World, so that's a wonderful place to start! I guess it's just going to be strange to change my color pallette from pink to something more mature, maybe like light blue or brown. I'll have to go through a massive wardrobe overhaul.
And thank you for the information, but I understand old-school's style. I've been around for a little while, haha.

Thanks! I guess I've just found myself in the role of being the one who always shows up in a pink sweet outfit? But yes, you're right, and I really appreciate the advice you have given me.

>>8774278
Alright, sorry, nitpick-chan.
>>
>>8774256
Only about 2/10ish of the active members of the comm I'm part of are under legal drinking age. After that I feel like the majority of lolitas from 21-35 seem to be at an ambiguous age blob of either college, post college, or being housewives. It could also be because my state is a dead end where you give up on having a personality or hobbies after a certain point. Some just reach it faster than others.
>>
>>8774297
Why's that anon?
>>
>>8774306

Iktf anon.The two biggest hobbies in my state seem to be hunting and having kids. Or meth and having kids. Or meth while hunting and having kids on meth.

I kid but damn the disconnect between people and me.

At least the scenery is sort of cool.

I can't wait until I'm done and can go literally anywhere for a job.
>>
>>8774314
I don't know, I wear Lolita because I like it, why should I switch from sweet to classic at a certain age? And when 20-somethings do it, it gives off a "oh look at me, I'm so mature!" vibe. When you're like 50, okay, or when you really don't like the way you look in it anymore. But the idea that sweet is somehow made for younger people and other substyles are for older ladies kinda irks me.
>>
>>8774318
But that's exactly it; as some people age, they may not like the way they look in it anymore. I personally don't think sweet is exclusive for younger people, and classic for older.. Maybe some people just end up feeling like a different style suits them more. Bodies and styles change between being 14 and being 24. I think some people started out liking sweet, but as they got older they started liking other styles. I don't think it's about "Oh look at me, I'm so mature!" rather than appreciating a different sort of style than the one they originally fell in love with.

If you want to wear sweet until you're 80, then that's totally awesome. But some people feel different the older they get.

Then again, I understand that Classic is what's trendy right now. So I can see how it may be irritating to see so many people jumping ship on sweet.
>>
I'm a compulsive shopper, and I've racked up about 1200 in credit card debt mostly because of lolita.

It's not a huge amount, and I've already managed to get it back down to about 400, but I feel awful about it because it's such a stupid thing to get in debt over.
>>
>>8774002
I have the same problem and I have OCD too so I pick at every little scratch so all my scars are really deep and dark it's the worst.
>>
>>8773865
I don't think 30 is "old" for reasons you just listed, young people can't afford multiple coords and outfits without going into debt or having rich ass parents supporting them.
>>
I never get popular flavour of the month series. All my friends fall into them immediately and plan all their cosplays according to the current trend. I don't get why I just can't bring myself to get excited about them. I know everyone will get tired of it in half a year when some new thing surfaces.

And a related thing - I hate undertale. I thought it had a very mediocre and kind of predictable boring plot that only got interesting during the last 10 minutes and didn't take enough chances. I have no idea why it blew up all over the place, probably because the creator was famous.
>>
>>8774002
You could always say you had an iguana and it scratched you to ribbons, my arms are covered in noticeable scars from my green feckers
>>
>>8774111
Damn anon my heart...
I find him so strangely attractive. Yet i am lesbian.
>>
>>8773627
People tend to overreact to concrit, even when they ask for it. Oldfags are just sick of getting butthurt replies when they say shit as mild as "everything's nice, but the socks throw the outfit off" from people claiming they want critique. What they usually really mean when they say that is that they want asspats. For every person who legit wants critique, there's like 50 who will freak out if you so much as tell them to wear a petticoat.
>>
>>8774317
Missouri? Lol
>>
>>8774220
You should really get into therapy and try to get on anti-depressants if you haven't already, anon. You aren't a let down at all. You have clinical depression and you can't control how you feel. Please get some help if you can. You'll feel so much better with the right combination of therapy and medication.
>>
>>8774207
thanks anon
>>
>>8773622
>>8773627
>everyone wants concrit
>nobody wants to write it for others
Hm.
>>
>>8774545
yup.

i would suggest y'all use a specific secret handshake to indicate you truly desire concrit, but given the fear of outing oneself as a seagull i know that would be pointless.

has anyone tried straight up saying "I need concrit please!" or are you requesting it more passively?

the general timidity of internet lolitas causes a lot of their own problems imo.
>>
>>8774551
The feeling I get, though, is that a lot of other people say "concrit welcome" when they don't actually mean it, so people just dont' bother anymore.
>>
>>8774557
so say "concrit needed please and thank you so much!" or otherwise make it a direct request, not a vague passive statement that doesn't tell anyone whether or not you mean it
>>
>>8774561
It's probably still the same situation (I've seen anons post about how they give concrit to people who ask for it, only to have the suggestions shot down or get berated for being mean), and/or people don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Either way, this is just speculation, maybe they're just lazy shits who don't even want to bother.
>>
>>8773681
(Going along with my confession) I dont see why she gets so much hate. I understand when it comes to her cosplaying at random places like a grocery store or the waterpark. Other then that, I don't understand why her tutorials are hated so much. If you don't like her hot glue gun method, just sew? If you don't like her fabric choices, use a better/different fabric? It doesn't have to be exactly like her video tutorials.
>>
>>8774164
Not the anon you replied to but -
No, not afraid to wear Lolita because I'm 30 and they're in their 20's. I don't think 30 is "old" at all, but you do have to realize that that's a 10-year age difference. That's a decade. And the maturity and attitude level between a 10-year difference is what gets to me. At 20 (or under) I didn't have a lot of my shit together yet. And some people in their 20's still have the mindset of "Ew, you're 30? That's old." I actually have a friend who is over 50, married with 2 kids, and she is one of the best people I know. Age to me, doesn't really matter, but I seem to relate better with older people than I do younger people.
>>
>>8774256
I understand that there are 30 and over Lolitas out there. I'd just like to find some to connect with and share with. The online community is just saturated with younger Lolitas and I can't seem to find the older ones because another anon says they just keep to themselves.

I've been to several meets at my local comm and they are all younger than me. I hung out with a girl who isn't even 21 yet. When I told her I was 30, her reaction was priceless. "Omg, you're 30? Are you for real?" Haha

>>8774258
Haha. I have this same problem! I hate the idea of dressing up in full Classic just to run errands. But as an adult, that's all my life is about. Work, cleaning the house, running errands on the weekend (including grocery shopping.) What's a Lolita to do?
>>
>>8774261
Really though, I think if you suit the look even at 30, you're fine. I've never really suited Sweet so I never dressed in it. I do appreciate it on other people though.
>>
>>8774355
No, I don't think 30 is old old. I was just saying that at 30, I feel older than the majority of the community (who are all 20's or younger?) and I just feel disconnected from them on a personality level, maturity level, priority level? Idk quite how to put it.
>>
>>8774220
There's nothing shameful in seeking help, anon. While support and care from your friends and family is a definite positive, it's not enough for a cure; you will need trained professionals to help you. If a gaping sore suddenly appeared on your arm, you wouldn't just depend on your friends and family to care for you and hope it goes away — you'd go to a doctor, right?
>>
>>8774329
honestly i would really love to see cute little old ladies wearing sweet lolita
>>
>>8774363
Are you me?

If I do happen to get into a "flavor of the month" series, it's generally not until a while after it's stopped being popular, and I get into it because I actually genuinely like it. For instance, I really love Dangan Ronpa, but I didn't even start reading a playthrough of the first game until the very tail end of the hype, and it was because I learned more about the story and thought it sounded cool. And I've stuck with it past the "trend" and still cosplay it, because I love it, and I don't care that people don't freak out over it much anymore.

And I fucking hate Undertale I am so goddamn sick of seeing it everywhere. Cannot wait until the hype dies out.
>>
>>8773650
There's nothing wrong with protein and supplements, but people are idiots.

My dad thought Protein powder was like steriods.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 704x396px
>>8773982
>tfw this actually happened to me at Ohayocon and I did have trouble finding a cleaner
Bitch if this was you I swear to god
>>
File: 9533652280_a34073b35e_z.jpg (197KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
9533652280_a34073b35e_z.jpg
197KB, 427x640px
>>8774613
I'm 30 right now, and I understand how you feel. I try to make chitchat with girls currently in university, but for most it feels like we have little in common with each other. I try to ask them about how they enjoy their classes, but they say very little (making me think they don't enjoy them at all, or don't want to be reminded of student loans, so I don't prod further). I don't keep up with print releases, either, so there's even less for me to gush over. I can gush over the current items that attendees happen to be wearing at that meet. But after all those compliments are said and done, we have to find another thing to talk about!

Don't give up hope, though! My suggestion is that if you don't think there is anybody close to your age in the community, try to befriend those who seem to be in somewhat similar circumstances in life. For example, if you're already in the workforce, look for other lolitas who are also in the workforce, even if they have less experience in it. One of my closest lolita friends is in her mid-twenties, and not only did we find out that we could vent to each other about office history, we found a mutual interest in art and art history.

I also was able gauge out other lolitas in their 30s, by seeing how they acted in the more "mature meets". They are more likely to attend meetups that are wine tours, or tea tastings at small Chinese tea shops where you can buy your favorite tea in bullk. At the cocktail parties, the lolitas in their 30s tend to bring savory food that actually fills your stomach: gourmet cheese platters that they themselves assembled, lobster mac-and-cheese, and smoked salmon cream puffs. They also tend to bring niche alcoholic drinks, like their own homemade mead, or BLUEBERRY WINE that they got from their most recent drive through the German Amana Colonies in Iowa.
>>
>>8774704
All very good advice. Thanks!

One thing I dislike about hanging out with the younger crowd is the money issue. They don't seem to have any. And if they do, they are saving it up to buy brand. There's nothing wrong with doing that, but this means they never spend it on more meaningful experiences like better meet ups. They tend to do low key (or relatively cheap/inexpensive) meets like at the mall or something. Nothing wrong with a mall meet. I went to one actually so I could do some holiday shopping, but almost all of the girls either didn't buy anything or they only bought one thing, which kinda made it no fun. And sometimes they would complain or say they needed the money for dinner later. Dinner wasn't even at an expensive place.

What I'm trying to get at is that we were just on different levels here. I'd like to do more meaningful and fun meets, but money always seems to be an issue with some of the girls. I had the idea of hosting a sleigh ride holiday meet some time after Christmas (you know, when it will actually snow and everyone's back from doing their thing), but the rides cost about $150/couple. We could get a group rate though and cut the cost, but that's still about $50/person. And I just didn't find any takers that wanted to do something fun and interesting because they don't have the money or would rather spend it on something else. (Or maybe it was just a bad idea? Idk...)

I would like to do more things, but finding it hard to include the younger/broker girls. Any suggestions on how to handle this kind of thing?
>>
>>8774724
Dammit anon I would have loved to go on a sleigh ride. I have no tips either though. I'm stranded in a college town and the only meets that happen are local food joints which are fun, but still. Also everyone leaves for the break, so summer and winter break are dead.
>>
>>8774704
>lobster mac-and-cheese, and smoked salmon cream puffs
Can I join your comm pls?
>>
Not exactly /cgl/ realted but
I have a lolita girlfriend, gothic, i'm into more mature sweet. We're very probably going to have sex when we see each other in january but i'm super worried.
It's just...when i'm wet it smells kinda weird? Not fishy at all, not even powerful, but it just has a weird smell it didn't had before and i can't describe it by any way. It annoys me to no end. It's "totally normal" actually but fuck no i want my old smell back, what if she thinks i'm weird?
What if she thinks it's gross? I want to be perfect for her.
>>
>>8774725
I live outside a major city (in the suburbs) where there are a lot of farms. Some of them do the traditional sleigh rides; drawn by horses though and not reindeer. It's a 45-minute ride. There's a gift shop full of goodies. And they provide hot chocolate and lounge for after too. It sounded so fun. Oh well... Maybe someday?

I'm thinking that everyone is broke due to the holiday (gift giving and traveling and what not) so maybe that's why?
>>
>>8774728
Nice try making this /cgl/ related, kek.
Anyway, your diet affects your body smell as well, see if you made any changes recently, and get it checked out if you're worried. I doubt she'll care anyway.
>>
>>8773681
S-same... I really like them, they're so relaxing. I don't follow any of them, obviously, but there's something about them that makes me happy. Maybe it's knowing that even on my worst days I don't wear hotglued clothes.
>>
I haven't taken my adhd meds in months, I've put on 7 lbs and have never felt so fat in my life. My face is puffy and round and my thigh gap is getting smaller.

I've never felt so ugly in my entire life.

I'm going to cut my calories after the new year and take a running and jogging class, as well as an aerobics class, and a weight lifting class, on top of my current work out regiment.

I want to do a slutty cosplay, but I feel so Fucking hideous and fat right now.
>>
I pissed all over a con bathroom stall floor trying to get changed for an event and pee at the same time. An L cosplayer was at the sink doing her makeup and I felt so embarassed because you could totally smell it. It was so surreal being embarassed in front of an L cosplayer
>>
>>8774872
kek'd

sorry
>>
>>8774724
I'm guessing that it's because people are especially cash-strapped for the holidays. But being a poor starving student (or unemployed) can be tough.

One option I've found that is popular with a broad range of budgets, are teahouses that serve tea by the cup or pot. Oolong, pu-erh, and white tea all can be new to Western lolitas who are only familiar with black tea or herbal. A cup usually costs the same as a latte, but people who want to try the same tea can also buy a full pot together. It's also encouraged to re-use the tea leaves; you just have to ask the baristas for additional hot water. Usually these places offer lighter foods, too, but the main selling point is the cheap-but-quality tea.

I'm in the Seattle area, and one convenient teahouse for meetups is the Panama Hotel Tea and Coffee House in the ID. There's a light rail stop about five blocks away. The lower floor of the teahouse has a large table that can be reserved by calling in advance. The Western pastries are mostly Costco, but the wagashi are little works of art that you can just admire, or decide to consume at $4 per tiny piece.

Another place is Teahouse Kuan Yin. It's a smaller space and a bit out of the way, but their selection of Chinese teas is better than the Panama's. They have pastries and soup, with day-old pastries sold at a discount. Lots of clients go there to do homework or write until the closing hour of 10 p.m.

Remedy Teas in Capitol Hill is also a nice place (the light rail station scheduled to open next year is about 5 blocks from it). Also a smaller joint with a wide selection of teas, pastries, and soup. They offers reservations for private events between 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. for a price.
>>
>>8774473
At this point I dont think it is true at all, but people think it is so we have a self fulfilling prophecy. The number of people who overreact on cof seem to be very few, a handful at most in the last couple of months. Butthurt people tend to actually not say they want concrit either and are fun to bother since the drama is fun anyways. Yet there are so many people who say they want concrit and seem to actually want it. Most people seem to be able to respond well to concrit when they do get it and people are coming on cgl saying hey i want concrit but no one is giving me any when I post.

This cof is just for asspats mentality seems to be something tht cgl thinks is true but doesnt hold to reality with the feedback being put in the cof threads here. Many anons just assume that no one will take the concrit just because one girl didnt, or dont get that an opinion is just that. Being shot down doesnt mean that they didnt take it in, they just do not agree. The other issue I see is people who sperg out, then claim its cof fault for wanting only asspats. Nah, you are just being a dick. Comms are only what we make of it, so if you want it to be better you have to be part of the change.

>>8774724
Try to think of things to do that are worth more for the money. It will be harder to get people who are poor to afford bigger priced items but if they are going to splurge it has to be worth it. 50-75$ for a sleigh ride is not worth and pretty expensive for a meet for what you will get. Especially if you think about other expenses like getting there (I assume that you have to travel to get to somewhere that has that space) and going out probably for food at some point, this idea can easily run $100+ for people. Even if one can afford that, is it worth it?

These are people who find it hard to go out for dinner at a meet. Think about what if more affordable and be crafty about it.
>>
>>8774582
her 'patterns' are awful and unfitting, she cannot do fitting bodices. you *need* to have at least a couple of pintucks somewhere. hot glue should go nowhere near any quality garment and you cannot make a good dress out of shit quality fabric. the idea of a tutorial is being able to follow it and getting a good result, her tutorials do more harm than good for newbies. lolita is meant to be a high quality fashion and doing it her way is very much just wasting money.

if you like watching her sure go ahead, but I wouldn't recommend her videos anywhere or to anyone.
>>
>>8774582
Are you for real? Her tutorials are shit, all the clothes are poorly fitted, she teaches bad practices, and most things will not last. Whenever I see a shitty tube bodice "lolita dress", I know someone made it using Yumi King's tutorials, and it's really aggravating. Her crafting tutorials are tolerable, but the sewing ones are the worst.
>>
>>8774980
>>8774987
I will agree that her tutorials are bad for the newbies, but complaining about it won't solve the issue of them being bad nor will it make her go away. Make your own ~quality~ videos if your so triggered by it. Again, they dont have to be exactly like the tutorial. You have your own free will to change them up, apply different methods, use different fabrics, etc. If you know something can be improved on or done a million times better, do it and not complain about hot glue guns.

Honestly, I would like to see someone make a channel where they explain why yumi kings methods are wrong and show them the correct way to do these things.
>>
>>8774503

I specifically avoided Missouri in my job search, but lol I seem to be in a northern version of it.

We even have confederate flag wavers here.
>>
>>8775012
a newbie is not going to know how to alter a fucking tutorial. that is the main issue I have with her - new people will look at this and go 'oh look cool, I can do this with these bedsheets I bought from joanns!' and then cry when someone points out that it's shit quality.
I would gladly film a few videos pointing out common mistakes and whatnot but no one would listen to me because I haven't made full on handmade lolita myself - because I know I'm not good enough at sewing at my current level to make a good-looking and well-fitting dress.
>>
Somebody i dislike now got me into a new jfash, now i cant make friends or go to meets because they already have their claim on them
>>
>Don't like anything popular enough to cosplay from
>And the things I do that are popular, I wouldn't suit anyone with my facial structure / height
>>
>>8775076
If you dislike them it's even more fun to become close with their friends.
>>
>>8775077
Whoops, this is confession thread, not feels thread. Can't delete now...
>>
>>8775012
>I-if you don't like it, make your own!
Oh, please. As the other anon said, a newbie will just take it at face value and copy her because they don't know any better, and how would they?

It would be pointless to make a channel specifically refuting her videos because you would just have hordes of angry weebs defending her, no matter if you know good your actual tutorial is. I wish there were more/better lolita sewing tutorials in general, and I would be glad to contribute, but I suck at explaining things, and it's not like it's Yumi King or nothing.
>>
>>8774894
We get a lot of girls who want to host tea house meets already, so I didn't want to steal their thunder (so to speak). I just wanted to do something different and seasonal.

Also Ti Kuan Yin is my favorite Chinese tea so that teahouse sounds so perfect for me! I am not in or near Seattle, but if I ever visit, I will be sure to stop by there! Thanks!

>>8774920
>Try to think of things to do that are worth more for the money.
I get what you mean. I'm just of the mindset that buying things doesn't necessarily make me happy. Spending money on experiences, especially those kinds that I can share with someone else and build memories is kind of worth it to me. So I just thought it was something fun to do. I totally get that not everyone thinks the same as me. I also think that's part of the age issue. I'm not a starving student anymore. Nor do I depend on mom and dad to get by. I'm 30 and I make my own money. I just have a difference sense on how to go about spending it than the 20-somethings and cash strapped folks. I'll try to keep that in mind going forward, but it would be nice to find people similar to my age/lifestyle so that these kind of boundaries aren't an issue.
>>
>>8775100
>I wish there were more/better lolita sewing tutorials in general
I'm pretty confident in my sewing skills. I would post an example but I have them plastered all over my social media, and would prefer to stay anon. I have thought about making a few tutorials, but I never know where to start with one. I mean, I work in the industry and I know a lot of technical knowledge that probably newbies and sewing enthusiasts wouldn't know or haven't learned yet. I guess what I would really like to know is what does the average Lolita want to learn about sewing? How should I start if I were to do this?
>>
>>8775142
Does your instagram start with a d or l? I have a hunch.
Either way, I think we have enough "How to make a gathered elastic skirt!!" tutorials. I would love to see something on how to make a simple JSK to your measurements, or how to make a blouse, or an A-line skirt, and then follow-ups on how to modify the pattern for different design details, etc.
>>
I'm currently enjoying learning about an ex friend's bullshit. She thinks she's a good photographer but she's beginning to be known as the "Avoid at all costs' in our groups She's currently
>not told cosplayers she's charging and demanding money after the shoots
>arrived hours late and will just abruptly stop shooting to make out with her bf who's rather racist toward Asians and homophobic during events
>Tell lolita shoots how hard it is for her to want to be a lolita while possessing no outfits of her own
>canceled out of nowhere at cons cause she needs 'me time'
And now she has a new baby and can't comprehend why people aren't dropping everything to see her. I'm honestly hoping she drops off the map after all the shit's she's pulled to me and others.
>>
It's 4am and I'm still up making chocolate pudding. I've lost control of my life.
>>
>>8775150
Neither. And I know who you're referring to.

I think it's pretty hard to explain some of those things because I have to go into explain fit and grading (sizing). I don't want it to be like "Just do it like this" but then not explain why I do what I do because then no one learns anything. I make all my own patterns, so I thought of selling my pattern work just to be easier and making how-to-sew tutorials for them. I just don't know if anyone would be interested in this approach and wouldn't want to waste my time.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 498x562px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 498x562px
>>8775167
>>
I wish all the thirst threads would go. Really disappointed in mods not cleaning them up. I feel like if it keeps on the way it is - we're not going to be very blue board anymore. Or cosplay/jfash.
>>
>>8773622
>>8773627
Make a concrit thread?
>>
Maybe someone should set up a US group for "older" lolis who are 30+ ?
>>
>>8774002
Same anon, but luckily I've noticed that most people are too awkward or have the decency not to ask even if they do see so 95% of the time no one will mention it. There's usually always at least one autistic dip shit who tries to be nosy once in a while but fuck em. Not about to let someone with no manners make me sweat to death in the heat.
>>
>>8774096
This girl wouldn't happen to have histrionic PD would she?
>>
File: Ciel_blushes-ep10.png (95KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Ciel_blushes-ep10.png
95KB, 448x252px
>>8774111
>mfw i'm feeling attracted by this creep now
what the hell
>>
>>8774180
If you're still in college you should check into the school's counselling services or a therapist. Since you realize this behavior is unhealthy you're in a really good place to start getting better. There's nothing wrong with being yourself anon.

Have you ever tried writing or roleplaying to get the cravings of escapism out in a healthier way?
>>
>>8774317
>>8775065
West Virgina?
>>
File: 1353670195767.jpg (103KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1353670195767.jpg
103KB, 288x499px
>>8774002
Late to this party, but just lie about that shit.

I know some ex-cutters (and also date one). After it's aged a bit, it doesn't look any different than any other type of scar. You could not distinguish between a cut someone inflicted intentionally (unless it was for aesthetic purposes- in that case you wouldn't care) and a cut someone inflicted upon you just by looking. I've been stabbed in the arm, shit looks exactly the same.

Like, yeah, some things are hard to lie about, but people aren't performing forensics on you every time you walk around. Nobody is going to know if you got mauled by an animal or had an engraving accident or are a veteran of some barfights. A scar's a scar. Anybody who would give you shit for one would give us all shit for any of them, and those people are goony autists who belong in basements.
>>
>>8774728
I think every girl at one point has thought their vagina has smelled weird but in reality how many vaginas have you sniffed for comparison? I'm sure your fine anon
>>
>>8774864
Reading this I'm more worried about why you've stopped taking your meds
>>
>>8775362
not that anon, but someone who self harms, especially regularly, will usually have a lot more than one scar.

pic related is my arm, all of these are a year or more old so they're not terribly noticeable, but they're pretty obviously self-inflicted. my other arm is the same way. i'm a little self conscious about them but i still wear short sleeves and stuff anyways, i know people have noticed them but no one (other than my worried family) has ever asked about them.

the ones on my hips are mostly much newer and larger, but i just wear shorts when i go swimming so they're usually never visible unless my shorts ride up too much
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8775393
dropped pic whoops
>>
>>8774893
No prob anon, its here to laugh at. At the time I wanted to die but now Im glad I have yet another weird/shameful con experience to add to my memoirs
>>
>>8774002
I have some self harm scars plus one really bad scar from some sexual cutting gone wrong lol. If someone is asking they're usually close to me or someone im getting close with so I don't mind giving them an abridged version, something like "I had a rough time a few years ago" is fine if I wanna be vague. If its a stranger or someone I don't care to get to know better i just give them the old "don't want to talk about it" with a mean look.
>>
File: img_3288-0.jpg (42KB, 290x457px) Image search: [Google]
img_3288-0.jpg
42KB, 290x457px
>>8775393
Assuming the original person is one of these people who did a real doozy on themselves- wide, deep, symmetrical cuts that look like venting on a large sausage- they could still bullshit around it with some makeup. Not even complex makueup, some simple shit like you put on an awful burn. I don't want to post gorey shit, but you can do a lot with a simple coverup (including go swimming while looking normal), and only really be noticable to people who are really snooping.

A friend of mine took shrapnel to the face and manages to get by with some basic skin-tone cosmetics. Shit like pic related works at a reasonable distance. You really do blend in if you try to.
>>
>>8775362
Sorry, but I'm a previous self-harmer and all of my scars are extremely noticeable for what they are. They're the kind that are still pink and bulgy and about 1/4 inch thick (kind of like >>8775423) even though they are years old. I wear long sleeves as much as I possibly can, because the looks I get geek me out.

But as you said-- most people are too nice to say anything, and the best people don't care about what you did in your past. I've only ever had three autists ask me uncomfortable questions about my scars in the entire time I've had them. I don't bother covering up with makeup, though. Wearing long sleeves is just easier.

To everyone here who has recovered or is trying to recover from self harm: damn son, I'm proud of you. Keep going. You've survived. You will survive.
>>
>>8774728
Consuming any type of Allium such as onion, garlic, chives, scallion, shallot, leek etc can change your body odour including 'down there' in some people.

It might be worth cutting down on this food type if you think this could be the cause, also remember that a lot of food stuffs contain these ingredients without it always being obvious.

Chances are though anon, you're perfectly normal and everything's fine, although I understand why someone may not want their junk say, smelling a bit like onions and garlic. I wish the theory worked for other food types so I could make myself strawberry or chocolate scented but sadly it doesn't work that way(!).

I wish I had a lolita girlfriend anon, it sounds like you have a good thing going. I wish you the best. See, look how I seamlessly brought this back on-topic
>>
>>8775240
Make separate videos for that, then reference it in your video. I honestly want to see complex things, but thats not really newbie friendly.
>>
>>8775574
Yeah, there's just so much to cover. On one hand, that makes for a great set up for a video list that won't get boring fast. But I work FT, sometimes 12-14 hr days, and I just don't know if I can keep up with it without disappointed people. I don't want to do it half assed.

Also crazy scared to get jumped on by cgl if I end up sucking. Hahaha
>>
>>8773565
I haven't cosplayed in two years because I've gained 30 lbs. Fat people have every right to cosplay, but I hate myself when I'm chubby, it's like my weakness is exposed and I look pathetic trying to pull off a costume in this state.
>>
>>8775653
It's probably not as bad as you think anon. Contrary to popular belief, unless you were some sort of anorexic twig before, most people won't really notice a huge difference. It depends on where you're prone to gain weight and if any of it is due to muscle mass.
If any of it went to your boobs, butt, or thighs, I wouldn't necessarily panic. Remember, you can always lose weight. Weight doesn't define you as a person. And furthermore, a good majority of people experience this at least once.
>>
>>8774224
>>8774538
>>8774619
Thanks for the kind words anons. I should have mentioned that I already attend therapy, and my therapist is a total sweetie.

It's just taking longer than I'd hope for. I refuse to take anti-depressants due to the three page side effects list on the pack I got. I have health anxiety so that sort of stuff really sets me on edge. Therapist is really helping me combat all this though.
>>
I've always wanted to go out with a girl who's into lolita. Can't wear them without being socially shunned bc male, but love the styles.

Ah well, one can dream.
>>
>>8775720
And I'd kill for a bf who was as hype about the fashion as I am. Chin up, anon, the street goes both ways. You'll probably find someone eventually, provided you aren't a psycho.
>>
I hate people who feel better then others just because they don't like current popular series
"I tried this popular thing and why would anyone like it, it's so mediocre" congrats do you want a gold star with that? Let the rest have their fun and get over yourself.

Even worse are those that are into such series but will quit the moment it becomes popular because then it's not cool to like anymore.
>>
>>8775142
you could start with showing simple mistakes (picking a proper stitch length (bonus points if both when handsewing and with a machine), not finishing stitch lines properly, etc) or commonly cut corners (I'm particularly thinking about hemming and.. interfacing? basically, just sewing a second fabric on the other side of your main fabric because too sheer/scratchy/whatever).
go over basic techniques, then maybe make sewalong videos based on a pattern of some sort, starting perhaps with bloomers or modifying a t-shirt into a cutsew and eventually ending up with a dress (http://sew-loli.livejournal.com/208428.html maybe).
>>
>>8775240
I think in-depth tutorials would be great as well, if someone is serious about learning lolita sewing, they should be willing to put in the work. But if you have patterns, why not? I've thought about doing some sew-alongs of otome no sewing book patterns, since there's so many available.
>>
tfw no cute ouji girlfriend to call me princess
>>
>>8773650
Does he not like people taking protein in general or just women?

I met some people who think it's bad for everyone, but most of the people I meet who comment at all usually say something about how it's surprising that a girl is taking protein, and then go on an unprompted explanation on why I should stop and how only men need enough protein warrant that stuff because blah blah blah. I don't even discuss my habits with people, they just see it incidentally and think it's fine to say rude things.
>>
>>8775769
Hah one of my exes ended up being crazy so that's kinda turned me off from being psycho and hassling potential future exes. I appreciate the gesture though, best of luck to yourself as well.
>>
>>8775990
I find a big problem with fitness in general is people don't understand how girls gain muscle. They think that if they lift a 20 lb dumbbell, they are going to look like Schwarzenegger. While in reality, without test or roids, you won't even look muscular. You just get strong and hot as fuck. So girls, do squats.
>>
>>8775940
>commonly cut corners (I'm particularly thinking about hemming
Not hemming is not cutting corners. That's just down right an unfinished dress. Lol.

>interfacing? basically, just sewing a second fabric on the other side of your main fabric because too sheer/scratchy/whatever).
You're probably thinking of lining here. Its still a lining even if you're treating the (main) fabric and the lining fabric as one.

I will think on it some more and maybe ask around on the sewing groups. People seem to like my work, but have never asked me for help, so I didn't want to just take it upon myself to cram it down their throats. Who knows. Some of them could actually hate me for being able to sew well.

>>8775941
Not a bad idea, especially since those mooks are popular and a lot of the sewing Lolitas seem to have them. I have them myself, but never use the patterns. I just collect them for fun/inspiration. Some of the sewing techniques are very "home sewing" though. And a lot of stuff isn't lined but faced (because it's easier) and it's probably better to just line them instead. Otherwise, go for it!
>>
>>8774728
>>8775536
Actually eating a lot of pineapple can make you taste really sweet down there. It sounds like bogus but I've tested it out and it does work.
>>
>>8776076
A bit OT, but is there any benefit to protein power other than it adds more calories? Because I've always been in camp, "I'd rather cook some meat that doesn't taste like chalk."

And to stay on topic, I'll confess that I have been buying up dream pieces with nowhere to wear them. I don't have a comm and I only go to one convention per year. And I prefer to cosplay at cons since that really is my only chance to wear those sorts of things. I can't wear any of it to work because the uniform is scrubs. My work schedule is kind of taking over my life, so I am only able to wear frilly dresses at home. I am in a terrible catch 22 where I can afford almost all the pieces I want, but I have no time to enjoy them properly.
>>
I don't think fat people should wear Lolita. Lose weight, don't kid yourself into thinking it suits you when you're 200+lbs by getting custom made that could fit your whole community in at once. Shit's disgusting.
>>
>>8776110
Cost, laziness, some people may not like to/cannot eat that much meat and if they don't then you're eating a lot more food to get the same amount of protein without powder or bars.

Cost isn't a huge factor for me, but I am lazy.
I do love meat, but sometimes it's just inconvenient and I don't want to cook extra/bother preparing/carrying around protein rich snacks. I have half a protein bar after my workouts because it 20-40 minutes until I get home and eat a real dinner, otherwise I only do protein shakes/bars when I get busy and can't cook for myself and am eating out a bunch.
>>
>>8773650
>hiding them from your bf
Hiding minor things from your significant other is usually a red flag. What are you afraid would happen if he finds out? If you're worried he would hurt you, that's a major problem. It's likely that you're worried about nothing, and you could probably talk it out. Even if he didn't come to like it he would probably learn to tolerate it, and if he broke up with you because you take protein supplements then he probably wasn't worth it anyway.
>>
>>8775281
There is one already but it's barely active.
>>
>>8776089
I'd love to agree with you on hemming but it's so common to leave edges unhemmed these days that I feel it should be mentioned. some people just don't realise that not hemming = fabric fraying until you have a stack of threads instead of a dress/skirt/whatever.
thanks for correcting my terminology, I'm ESL and never really learned the English words for sewing since my basic skills come from 5th grade sewing class and grandma.
>>
>>8777312
I've bought both a blouse from F21 and a bodyline JSK that had unhemmed chiffon, which inevitably frayed during the wash. It's shockingly common.
>>
Was into wearing lolita fashion for a few years but have since fallen out of it due to not having much free time to go out. I feel bad having my dresses sitting in my closet but reluctant to sell because there's no monetary urgency and a paranoia of dealing with difficult buyers.
>>
>>8777439
Just wear them in house? Or maybe a take a quick walk around the block in them?
>>
>>8773901
You should make a fb group for 26+ lolitas. I'm 20 but I think it would be great idea / confidence booster to chat together. Someone please do this.
>>
>>8774180
This is so sad.
>>
>>8775697
I completely understand what you mean. It sounds like you have major PTSD, as do I. I was very unmotivated half way into my therapy. We were doing the same things for weeks on end. I quit going.... I regent it completely and now have to start all over with someone else. Good luck, keep your head up, and never stop fighting.
>>
>>8775720
Join groups, message a few girls, you never know what could happen. You could find your soulmate, mate.
>>
I never was taught how to take care of my skin when I was younger, and now in my later twenties I'm starting to get fine lines on my forehead that drive me absolutely insane and make me feel like quitting cosplay and lolita. But then I see girls at cons and meets who are a few years younger than me and have skin just as bad or worse than mine, and I feel better.
>>
I've been a NEET living on family money since I graduated college almost four years ago. I also have clinical depression and some other shit to deal with, and a therapist earlier this year suggested I might have a mood disorder. I want to get my life together, but I'm in my mid-twenties and have a huge gap in my resume and have no idea what I want to do with myself career-wise. I feel like a complete failure and think about killing myself every day. I used to cosplay a lot, but I've barely made anything in the past several years because I can't find joy in it anymore. The only thing that makes me happy is lolita, and then I just feel guilty about spending money that I've done nothing to earn. I'm such a waste of space. I want to go back to a therapist and start on some meds after the new year, but at this point, I don't know why I should even bother. I feel like I should sell all of my lolita, will all I have back to my family, and end it.
>>
>>8777644
Don't do it, anon. Please take care of yourself. See a therapist, take medication if you need it and don't give up, you'll find your path eventually. And if lolita makes you happy, keep the dresses you have and wear them when you can to cheer yourself up.
>>
>>8777644
It's completely normal to have a resume gap in your mid-20s. You can always tell potential employers that you were travelling or taking time for non-work related education, if it really bothers you. Contact your local employment help center and see if you can find a career counselor who can help you figure out some good work options that will make use of your skills and bring you a sense of satisfaction.

Do what you can to find a good therapist and don't be afraid of medication. Taking anti-anxiety meds was the smartest thing I ever did, and helped me pull myself out of an emotional hole much like the one you're in now. Call a suicide line if things get dire. Please, please, please don't give up. Suicidal thoughts are awful to deal with but you can overcome them and move on to a happier place.
>>
I love it when weebs lose their shit over my coords when they see me in lolita in public. It makes me feel like some kind of classy top queen weeb or something.
>>
>check someone's profile
>"him/her/they pronouns"

I know this is 4chan and this kind of stuff is frowned upon in general, but even then I'm so confused whenever I see that shit. I'm at a point where just putting down pronouns is still acceptable to me because there's too many people doing that, but all regular pronouns? Why not just pick one then?
>>
>>8777924
Same. Especially when they say kawaii, even when it's a bit cringy.
>>
>>8777932
I guess I can see it from the stand point that they don't care (like I'm a woman but really wouldn't be offended or whatever of someone called me "he", maybe just a bit confused), but in that instance, just leaving it blank or saying "I don't care" seems like the better solution.
>>
>>8776112
I agree. Not trying to be mean, but this is the truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
I'm currently selling my ex-friend's Finn cosplay on eBay. He shouldn't have left it at my place.
>>
>>8777924
me too, to be honest. even when they say super cringy shit I get this emotion where I feel good knowing that they probably won't look as ~kawaii as I will.
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 390x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 390x435px
>>8777924
>wearing lolita in public
Are you autistic? Mentally ill?
>>
>>8778129
...you on the wrong board, anon?
>>
>>8778129
You realize what board you are on right?
>>
File: soundofsilence.jpg (109KB, 607x340px) Image search: [Google]
soundofsilence.jpg
109KB, 607x340px
I've pissed off everybody in my local cosplay community so thoroughly that I'm seriously contemplating moving across the country.

That or killing myself. Either way, there's nothing left for me here.
>>
I've been posting on /cgl/ for years but have never cosplayed in my life.

neet livin represent
>>
>>8778174
same
>>
>>8778160
What did you even do?
>>
>>8778174
i lurk the lolita threads all the time and i post in them once in a while.

i'm a cosplayer who has never owned a single lolita item that wasn't for a lolita character cosplay in my goddamn life
>>
>>8778160
>killing myself
Seek professional help before coming to 4chan for advice, goddamn.
>>
File: catcuevo.jpg (62KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
catcuevo.jpg
62KB, 550x412px
>>8778177
I should clarify that I'm a comic con cosplayer, not an anime con cosplayer, so the community is significantly smaller and tight-knit.

There was a cosplay party everybody except myself was invited to, so I got drunk and made vague threats to the host. That pissed off quite a few people, as the host is a well-respected prop maker.

My close friends aren't talking to me because I got drunk and popped Xanax at a con last month, then passed out in a hallway.

Quite a few people don't like me being at events because they find my sense of humor "deplorable," as the admin of a local cosplay group page said. I go to 4chan, so that should explain that one enough.

Then I spoiled Episode VII on my Facebook, which people took seriously enough to sever ties with me as well as publicly call me out. After that happened, it became a public airing of grievances against me on someone's Facebook status, which culminated in people asking if I could just be removed from the community.

So really, my options are either stop cosplaying, move somewhere else, or travel to conventions outside of my part of the country.
>>
>>8778189
Spoiling shit on FB is pretty shit tier, mate. You don't sound like a great person to be around in general desu.
Your comm will probably be happier without you.
>>
>>8778191
Yeah, I'm pretty fucked up in general when it comes to socialization. Not sure why I even got into such a social hobby as cosplaying in the first place. Probably because I had far too much time and money on my hands.
>>
File: a.jpg (7KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
7KB, 223x226px
>>8778189
You have to learn how to turn off the asshole switch. Usually good parenting does that by teaching the child respect and correct them when they're being inappropriate. Imo your mama should have spanked you more and you wouldn't be this clueless of social behavior. You send red flags to all the sane members of the community, in that instance you should take a closer look at yourself and try to better yourself, not give sob stories and expect anyone to feel for your selfish ass.
>>
>>8778201
Why bother? It's too late in life now, not to mention too late to fix what I fucked up.

Besides, at least I was memorable for them instead of being another beta in the community. Better to burn out than fade away.
>>
>>8778189
You sound like a total betafag piece if shit, have fun with that.
>>
File: 1449803965649.png (325KB, 477x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449803965649.png
325KB, 477x351px
>>8778209
That's your choice and your call. Being with a community has it's benefits and it's downfalls. Lolita's drop out all the time when they can't handle the heat too. You don't see them killing themselves over it manchild.
>>
>>8778218
Nah, my choice of suicide is more due to boredom than anything. I don't have family or friends and I've reached the pinnacle of my career; there's really nothing left for me to accomplish in life.
>>
>>8778221
Okay.
>>
>>8778221
>due to boredom
just the fact that you're even talking about this so flippantly in a public forum it's clear you're just trying to get attention. people don't just up and kill themselves out of boredom. i'd know, i've tried.
>>
I lie about the prices of my coords. I always say I bought something for cheaper. I will normally say something was anywhere from $50 to $150 USD cheaper than it really was. I know lying is bad and it can give people false hope, but I get very uncomfortable when people ask me how much something is, especially if it was expensive. I'm in my first couple years in uni (don't want to give away too much info) so I don't work and that makes me feel kind of bad. My parents basically pay for everything for me. Everyone in my family is retired and they just kind of sit on their money, so for holidays I get pretty big sums of money. They grew up poor and raised me the same way they were raised (bare necessities, few luxuries) but the older I get the more they've been willing to spoil me. They want me to only focus on my studies and since they're paying for my schooling I can't argue about it, despite the fact that they know I can balance both school and education really well. But I know there are older girls in my comm that work, take care of financial responsibilities, and try to balance that with lolita.
>>
File: 1377073457832.png (344KB, 392x586px) Image search: [Google]
1377073457832.png
344KB, 392x586px
>>8778221
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 467x700px
>>8778158
>>8778155
Anyone who walks around like this in public has either has mental incapabilities or is an attention-seeking slut.

Keep your fetish indoors, please.
>>
File: top_gun.jpg (46KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
top_gun.jpg
46KB, 500x327px
This thread: women viciously calling out other women, getting mad when they're called out.
>>
>>8778221
Your life is more exciting then what you let on, I know these guys are shitty but be realistic, if you really wanted to kill yourself you would have done it. Im not dismissing your feelings I just want you to really think about suicide, and i bet the the first thought that will come to your head is that "i dont really want to die."
>>
>>8778242
shit happens all the time that's not new, you'll see that shit on normiebook too
>>
>>8778230
Sounds like you may be overthinking a bit. I wouldn't worry so much, real friends don't patronize eachother like that and if they did cut them out of your life. You don't owe anyone shit for living the life your parents worked so hard to give to you.
>>
>>8775990
>>8777131
>>8776076

He's just mis-informed about the whole gym supplements side of things and doesn't understand why I buy the proper protein than the "Lady protein/ celebrity shakes" from the supermarket.

I don't have much free time so I like to work smart and spend my money on products that will actually be effective. I think he's just a bit worried about the amount of time I was spending at the gym alone surrounded by those "muscle heads". We've started going for hikes together which is just as good for me as gym.

>>8776110
For me, I like the powder as I can bake with it and good quality meat is expensive in my country. It works out more economical for a powder that I can use over a 2-3 month period than meat that can only l afford on occasion. I generally get my protein from eggs, cottage cheese, beans and milk. Most of my food budget goes towards fruit and veg.
>>
File: 1448938019980.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1448938019980.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>8778241
>>
>>8778247
>You don't owe anyone shit for living the life your parents worked so hard to give to you.
Different anon, but thank you so much for saying this. I feel so guilty about all I have that my parents left to me while people I know sometimes struggle to make ends meet, but this mindset is reassuring and what I try to tell myself.
>>
>>8774261
I'm the same age and want so much to get into pastel vomit but the lavender, mint and pale blue colors look terrible on my skin tone so I've settled for white, navy, wine, pink and black...
>That feel when lavender makes you look paler than black.
>>
>>8778245
happens on other 4chan boards too, regardless of gender.

a good deal of us here are male as well.

baiters gonna bait, and delusional bitter anons are going to project their issues onto any group they aren't a part of.
>>
>>8778115
>Finn cosplay
Are you a pedophile?
>>
>>8778174
>>8778176
>>8778180
>>8774180
>>
I seriously believe in Social Darwinism and I think it could be applied to cosplay in general.
>>
File: 1386714925974.png (130KB, 680x511px) Image search: [Google]
1386714925974.png
130KB, 680x511px
>>8778241
>>
>>8775122
Horse rides are not some valuable experience, though. I know several people who do free carriage and sleigh rides, and I went on one recently. It smelled really bad at the end when the horses started shitting lol
>>
>>8776089
Just tell me how to get my damn tension right. I've been sewing over 10 years and I have this problem on every machine I use where I sometimes cant sew certain fabrics with proper tension despite adjusting the tension
>>
>>8778608
Am I supposed to sympathize with you?
>>
The only reason I didn't start purging is because I heard it bloats your face
(that and bad gag reflex)
>>
>>8778462
anon I pussied out at a horse summer camp I went to and came down a horse after sitting on it for 15 seconds. I regret that shit now because it could've been an awesome experience but I started crying the second the horse fidgeted. horse rides cost a fuckton in most places around the world and I doubt I'll get that same chance again.
>not everybody has the same opportunities and experiences you do

this just reminded me of how I went dogsledding, good times.
>>
>>8778189
Honestly, I hate you just reading this. If you're a shitty person, know you're a shitty person, and are shitty enough to post on the shithole of the internet, then.. fucking change?
>>
>>8778742
>came down a horse

Oo er oh my
>>
>>8778756
oh god, I should proofread shit I write a bit harder in the mornings so it wouldn't sound this derpy
>>
I think I'm getting far too salty in real life
>Used to be really nice towards people IRL
>Even if they are annoying newbies who ask the same questions over and over
>It's ok, I can deal with this
>In the last few months it feels like I've finally snapped
>Start thinking of the newbies as idiots
>I ask my friends to doublecheck my responses to make sure I don't sound too mean
>Be mean sometimes anyways
>Gossip with my non-lolita friends about comm drama
>Feel like posting the itas of my comm onto CGL
>Feel terrible about myself for feeling this way even when I don't act on it
>>
>>8778189

YOU SPOILED EPISODE VII? GOOD, YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET, BITCH
>>
>>8778462
I love carriage rides and found the one time I went horseback riding to be a really cool experience. It's almost like different people enjoy things in different ways.
>>
>>8778619
anon, feels thread is for sympathy, confession threads are for judging
>>
I really want to post and vent here on cgl, but I'm terrified someone from my comm recognizes me. It's a really small place and everything could give me away
>>
>>8778189
>my options are
You could just kill yourself, you fucking loser.
>>
>>8778221
If you are really considering killing yourself, call the suicide hotline or see a doctor. If you don't really want to and you're only here to gain sympathy for your actions, then fuck off.

You have the opportunity to change your behavior and apologize. As someone with autism (legitimate autism, not 4chan autism) my social skills used to be fucking horrible and I turned a lot of people away, and had zero friends for a long time. That's why I worked my ass off to change my ways, and now people are shocked when I tell them I'm autistic.

Suicide is never the answer. Willpower is. Get off 4chan and better yourself for fuck's sake. Giving up the things you enjoy and moving out of state is cowardly. The most you should do is take time off until you've figured your shit out then attempt a comeback.
>>
>>8775012
I believe I could make my YouTube channel a tutorial channel, but my spoken English is pretty bad.
I mean, I know a lot of things and have many years of experience, but could people deal with my bad English?

Perhaps I could just put subtitles
>>
>>8778955
def do subtitles.
>>
>>8778955
speak in english, but also put subtitles in case people have a hard time understanding. i follow a makeup artist who used to do the same, but recently shes gotten better with english and doesnt have subtitles anymore. honestly with makeup, its easy to get away with only saying a few words to describe what it is and how you're applying it anyway
>>
>>8778955
You could do one of those types of vids where it's just subtitles explaining what you're doing with music playing.
>>
>>8778209
They're going to tweet about how horrible you were for bit, but people will forget you as time passes. Unless you want to continue to be a desperate attention whore that constantly forces your way back into their lives.
>>
>>8777644
A four year gap seems like a lot, but don't let it stop you. People change careers and start all over from nothing all the time, often much older than you are. You can do it. Try getting on antidepressants and see if it doesn't help you find lost passion. Best of luck.
>>
>>8779011
Oh, and I wanted to add that you should be kinder to yourself. Especially if you do have a mood disorder. Those can make it incredibly hard to function without medication. Get help and keep going.
>>
>>8778960
>>8778968
>>8778974

And would you rather have long videos explaining a few things at once or short videos on one small subject each?
I know I can still improve so I would probably leave a email open for suggestions from people who are watching on better methods or things I did wrong that I can correct on another video.
I spoke to some of my friends and they think this could be a good idea but they would rather have me do it in my local language. Would it be annoying to hear someone speak other language but with English subtitles?
>>
>>8779019
I think other lang with Eng subtitles would be very weird, just add your own language subtitles. I can bet there are more English speakers interested than your language speakers (unless you're from Asia).

video length.. I don't really know, personally I'd have to see examples to say which is better. 15min+ is overkill unless it's a project video, 10+ is already kinda iffy.
>>
I feel bad because I feel like I'm spamming the board super hard, I'm active on half of the first page threads because I have no life and I'm mostly done with my holiday house cleaning. should I try to shut up and lurk more?
>>
>>8779033
Get into other boards. I never use any other board unless I'm on holiday, and then cgl suddenly feels too slow and I start using ic and a and other websites.
>>
>>8779038
I'm not into anything else on here that much - I don't watch /a/, /v/ and /vg/ are both shitfests and I'm sure as hell not turning back to /b/.
maybe I'll go to /wg/ and learn how rainmeter works or something..
>>
>>8778462
I was speaking less of the horse and more of using the sleigh ride as a bonding experience; doing something different. I have mentioned it to several people and some say it's a "bucket list" thing - something fun that you'd like to experience at least once in your life but it's not a priority. I personally have never done a sleigh ride or carriage ride. Just thought it sounded fun and Lolita-ish. But I will reconsider if it's going to make anyone's clothing smell like horse shit for days. Lol. Thanks for the heads up, anon!
>>
>>8778471
>how to get my damn tension right.
What machine brand are you using? Is it a home sewing machine or an industrial? And what fabric are you having trouble sewing with vs the kind of fabric your machine takes fine?

As a general guide, I would say to clean and oil your machine often, and also start with a fresh needle if your having issues. Lower your tension to 0 and test your sewing. Adjust your tension a little bit higher, and test sew again. Repeat until you've reach a good tension.

Some machines just don't work well with some fabrics, and will always have some issues. I recently sewed with some Georgette (very lightweight) and I had to set my tension to near 0 and it would still pucker. To offset this, I had to adjust my feed differential while simultaneously stabilizing my fabric more by hand as I sewed.
>>
>>8779030
>15min+ is overkill unless it's a project video, 10+ is already kinda iffy.
And this is why I didn't want to go into doing video tutorials at all. I mean a lot of my sewn work takes days to finish. How am I supposed to cram that into a video in less than 10 mins? I hate the idea of having to split up a project in 10 shorter video steps because I'd have to do that for every project.

Pattern making, drafting, draping, fitting, is a very hands on thing. I can't possibly cover any of those subjects in 5 minute clips. My design courses in school were 3 hours long.

What about step-by-step written tutorials with pictures?
>>
>>8779030
>I think other lang with Eng subtitles would be very weird
I disagree with this.Why would it be weird?
>>8779019
Personally, I think a good mix would be good, shorter videos to show techniques, and longer videos where you apply them, but don't go in depth.
>>
>>8779091
>unless it's a project video

for various tips keep it short, for actual projects/sewalongs/whatever make it as long as you want (though 30min is a soft limit there)
>>
>>8779030
>>8779105
>I disagree with this.Why would it be weird?

I also disagree that it would be weird. I'm sure every single person on this board is used to having to read subtitles since so much of our source material is in Japanese.
>>
>>8779091
i personally prefer written tutorials overall, and i'd love to see one like this. but i don't like watching videos much in general so that could just be a bias of mine i guess.
>>
>>8777569
God yes, 32 here & would love it.
>>
>>8773996
I admire this. You should make a career in marketing or promoting shit.
>>
>>8774363
>>8774651
We must all be the same person.

I was so excited as I read the first bits of SNK and super glad when they announced the anime. But as the whole thing blew up I felt so disgusted I decided to watch it only after the fad dies.
I haven't played undertale either because the whole thing exploded to my face and the fandom is just so goddamn obnoxious, just like that certain grey troll thing...
>>
>>8774728
You might have a non itching yeast infection! Every woman gets it at some point and it's easy to fix with a pill.
>>
>>8779165
Someone said there was already an "older Lolita" group but that it wasn't very active. Do you think trying to start another one would work? I would be interested too, but I don't want to out anyone's age if it's an issue for them...
>>
File: 1447557618880.png (377KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
1447557618880.png
377KB, 800x527px
>>8778761
Iktf dude, I remember being sweet. I guess when you live your life without it makes the salt that much more invigorating when it comes
>>
>>8778189
You're so incredibly disgusting.
So many autistic fucks spend a year or more in this horrible place, then start to believe it's actually how people talk to each other.
You fucked up hard, but you've created this problem yourself and now you have to deal with it, without being a fucking coward.

You gotta carry that weight.
>>
>>8779019
If people are following along with the video, english might be handier, because then they can craft and listen at the same time.
>>
>>8778221
>want to kill myself because I'm bored
Are you fucking 14? You're an embarrassment. Grow the fuck up and get your act together.
>pinnacle of my career
What, they've got you at the cash register instead of flipping burgers now?
>>
>>8779485
That's why I've never wanted to really meet anyone from here. I'm sure most people are people are fine, but all the autistic edgelords I've met irl are like this person and think being from a chan board means you gotta play by their rules or they "troll" you.
>>8778189
Stop acting like a wildly destructive asshole in real life for some nonexistent 4chan cred. If you run away, you'll only repeat the same issue there because you clearly have some mental issues that need fixing. Boohoo at your suicide sob story that came out of nowhere too. You dug this hole yourself.
>>
>>8779517
>people are people fine
*most people here are fine
>>
File: 23976498432.gif (991KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
23976498432.gif
991KB, 500x325px
>>8779485
Seriously. How fucking autistic can you be to think that the way people talk on an anonymous board is a completely, perfectly acceptable way to interact in real life?

Fucking people "lel my humor is so dark i go on le 4chan xD fucking normies, not understanding it's all just jokes!"
>>
File: 1323794073370.jpg (16KB, 412x445px) Image search: [Google]
1323794073370.jpg
16KB, 412x445px
>>8779516
>What, they've got you at the cash register instead of flipping burgers now?
>>
>>8774334
You've gotten rid of two thirds of the thing, you're well on your way to completing this lesson and learning from it. :)
>>
>>8774111
COSPLAYING THAT NEXT YEAR!!
>>
>>8778189
It would be best to tone down the 4chan humor at events. I have a couple of close friends that I share a certain level of humor with but I don't risk it elsewhere simply because people won't get it like we do.. and I don't judge them for that. Time and place.

As for spoiling Episode VII... I must be the only person around who doesn't give a damn. That's not grounds for cutting people off.

Watch the behavior, though.. Then get back into it. You may have to apologize though.

I don't know you but I wouldn't tell you to eat shit if you were willing to improve from your past mistakes.
>>
>>8779283
Homestuck!
>>
>>8774726
Me too.
>>
>>8774728
Bacterial infections can happen due to pH balance being off in your body, just like how yeast infections occur. They can cause a fishy smell, so maybe go get your doctor to check and prescribe some antibiotics if that's what's wrong.
>>
>>8777309
Link it. Let's make it active!
>>
I cosplayed as Majin Buu one time.
>>
>>8775696
Different anon, but I needed this. I'm glad you posted it.
>>
I rubbed period blood all over the shower wall this morning and drew pictures in it before rinsing it off. I even wrote my boyfriend's name.

>things he will never know
>>
>>8775653
30 lbs is not a lot of weight to lose. You can do it.
>>
I think wigs are a surefire way to make your coord look like a costume, and I hate that they've become so standard in lolita.
>>
File: 1451242768034.jpg (51KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
1451242768034.jpg
51KB, 600x718px
>>8778189
>Then I spoiled Episode VII on my Facebook
>>
>>8778155
kill youareself
>>
>>8778253
>>8778427
mad lolitas kill urselves

I'm sorry noone wants to see you degenerates in public
>>
Honestly I think the lolita comm in general is batshit because a majority of people in it are rich white girls. No one starts shit like rich white girls. They all feel so entitled to everything and can't stop riding their own dicks as if they started the lolita fashion movement.
>>
File: _20151229_020247.jpg (59KB, 918x276px) Image search: [Google]
_20151229_020247.jpg
59KB, 918x276px
I posted a photo in a dress that's straps were a tad short, and someone left this comment and I am so unreasonably pissed. I didn't respond since I didn't want to look rude but I'm still so stupidly angry. Mostly because the way she words it makes it sound like the dress is public property or a famous Picasso painting. This western communal burando thing is out of control. There's another one on LSE right now, if all these people really want it. Trust me, I spent a long time looking for it, too.
The resale value doesn't matter because I plan to keep this until it disintegrates. It's not like I'm going to dye it hot pink or cut off the bodice, I just want it to fit a little better.
Sorry about the rant, I'm sure this girl is nice, but I'm kind of insulted by the way she worded this.
>>
>>8787009
Shit like this gets me worked up. Some people treat brand like you're only borrowing it until it inevitably enters the second hand market again, I've heard people complain about taking dresses "off the market", or some shit by altering them. Fuck off.
>>
My little sister is 17 and is already being influenced by 4chan, she's too scared to do her first cosplay because she's scared it will be shit, and she thinks since we're a pretty poor family that when she finally makes enough money she'll be too old. I don't know what to tell her or whether to encourage her to make cosplay or tell her when her cosplays are bad.
>>
File: tyraaaaaaaaaaa.gif (513KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
tyraaaaaaaaaaa.gif
513KB, 500x262px
>>8778189
Just get away from the community for a bit and take that time to change. You have to know how to act around people in real life and keep shit to yourself dude. The whole Xanax deal people are definitely going to feel uncomfortable around you when you act like that. Once you change and start slowly coming back into the com surely people will be able to actually enjoy you. I know some of these comments aren't what you want to hear or seem doubtful, but running away doesn't solve shit. Do you really just want to move somewhere else and start shit again when you can change and everyone could understand that you are human and made mistakes but you still changed for the better? I hope you get help and start progressing to getting better. Start reading some self-help books, go to therapy, learn perspective, and most importantly treat yourself better. Those options that you gave aren't your only options, there is so much you can do. Do not make up excuses, take responsibility for your actions and notably recognize you are doing wrong and that you are going to fix it. Good luck anon.
>>
>>8787009
You telling her it's your property is hardly rude compared to her telling you what to do with it. If so many people are looking for the dress then they will probably buy it altered anyway so she just sounds mad that it's not hers.

>>8787020
She may as well try making something once before dreading everything. A larger budget will help but from what you said it seems like she thinks she needs to work for years to somehow cosplay which is pretty silly. Maybe she can wait until she has enough saved up for quality materials but if she doesn't have the skills there's no point. She has to start somewhere.
>>
I'm 5'4 and 175lbs. I hate looking at myself. I want to lose weight so bad, but I still live with my 220lb mom and she constantly brings home bad food.
Her doctor just told her that she needs to fix her diet or her health problems will get worse.
She made hundreds of cookies for christmas, and last night brought home 10 bags of hershey kisses (not an exaggeration, they were on sale)
It's really hard to lose weight with all of that in the house, and she just won't listen to any of us. Not even hours after she agreed to start getting more healthy groceries did she buy all those kisses, and she's just so frustrating.
>>
>>8787159
Is she forcing you to eat hundreds of cookies and bags of hershey's kisses? Is that literally the only food in the house? Do you have a job where you could use the money to buy your own healthy groceries? I feel like you're making a bunch of excuses for why you can't lose weight...just don't eat the shit she buys?
>>
>>8787159
That does sound frustrating anon and I do sympathize, but you're an adult, and what you put into your body is up to you. If you don't have the money to buy your own groceries, accompany your mom to the store. Pick up produce and lean protein. Look up simple healthy recipes. You can do this! I have faith in you. It's even harder when you're in a bad environment like that but you can't blame your mom if you're not trying at all.
>>
Forever wishing the comm in my state would stop blaming me for posts on here for whatever drama is happening.

I have my opinion and reservations about the comm and yes they're well known, but I have not been a part of the comm for two years. I keep to myself. I know no one cares/notices that I left and I did so quietly so I could be left alone and unmentioned for that purpose.

Yes I post here, but I don't post about the comm and again I'm not a part of the local comm so it shouldn't matter.

Yet here I am, still being blamed for things and didn't say or do.
>>
>>8787168
being a 'grown woman'(over 18) doesn't mean you're an adult. she's obviously not.
>>
I always want to get into cosplay but i don't know where to start
>>
>>8775932
They might just be ranting? I'm currently really annoyed at Undertale, but shit's everywhere. I just want to scream out "How can you like this mediocre shit??!!". It's hard to ignore if people are so in-your-face with it.
>>
>>8786132
they have BEEN standard in lolita for like ten years. And no, they don't automatically make something look like a costume. we've been over this shit and over this shit. It's not even a confession, more of a butthurt opinion.
>>
>>8787009
Please alter that dress to your heart's content and lovingly wear the shit out of it.
>>
>>8775932
"Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like _____" and que everyone jerking eachother off for not liking whatever. Just as annoying as people freaking out and talking about something you said was okay or didn't enjoy that much
>>
>>8787009
Kek at the entitlement. You bought it, you do what you want with it
>>
>>8779086
Singer and husquvarna. I can't oil because nylon parts. Thanks for the tips though, it does happen with thin fabrics
>>
I don't have a problem with fat people cosplaying. I do have a problem with overweight cosplayers wearing things that don't fit them properly. And I don't agree with the whole "fat is beautiful" movement because even though these girls could rock their weight if they dressed accordingly and I think self confidence is important, it's unhealthy and they need help managing themselves. I'm overweight and most of the time I'm comfortable in my own skin, but I'm always unhappy about myself in the back of my mind and I refuse to believe these other girls aren't. Yes, you're beautiful, but you can still be beautiful and be working on bettering yourself so you don't die of a heart attack before you hit 40.

Also I hate perler items and I think they're lazy as fuck. I'm sometimes really judgemental about other people in artist alley, especially if they make the same products I do but I can tell they only care about it being quick cash, and they use low quality materials or sloppy techniques to churn out as many as possible. I'm also becoming steadily more judgemental and frankly disgusted with a lot of congoers and the whole "anime" crowd. That might be because I usually go to smaller cons and it's a lot of young people, but also it's started feeling like I'm some sort of babysitter for the mentally handicapped because I have to entertain these people while I'm at my table. I'll have so many come up to me and start talking about absolutely everything going on in their lives without me having asked and I have to smile and feign interest because they're a potential customer. It's exhausting to be honest.
>>
>>8774002
Look into "rash guards" for swimming.
>>
>>8787258
it's "cue", anon. "queue" is a waiting line, you "cue" music, or bitching.
>>8787009
I hate this so much. even if you DID want to dye it hot pink, it's your fucking dress. I swear the thing I miss least about lolita is this bullshit entitlement to other people's clothing.
>>
>>8787286
I refuse to even look at sellers if they perler bead projects. I'm not usually one to be like, "I can make that at home so I'm not buying your wares.", but these are so lazy and children can make them. I hate that people try to sell them.
>>
>>8778852
You are me. I always want to vent but I'm scared of the gulls in my comm. Everyone is so secretive, and paints cgl to be the ultimate sin against lolitas.
>>
File: 2451532.jpg (49KB, 309x350px) Image search: [Google]
2451532.jpg
49KB, 309x350px
>>8787355
If they would at least do something creative with them, like shadowbox stuff or picture frames, but even then I just look at it like they bought a kids craft kit and tried selling what they made from a box. Like, imagine seeing a whole table filed with something like pic related, real crochet artists would explode.
>>
>>8787159
You sound a lot like my sister anon ( and I hope to god you aren't) . Though my sister has lost a lot of weight recently by 1. Cooking her own food separately. 2. Spending less time at home 3. Investing in an exercise aid ( fit bit, gym etc.).

Personal confession, I have no cosplay friends I admire. Everyone I know who does it is pretty shit. I'm not the best either but some of these people have fan pages and it's sort of strange
>>
I'm way too sensitive about everything, especially lolita. I want to ask questions but I get easily discouraged when I'm told a coord I put together doesn't look good. I've been posted to cgl and I lock myself up because I'm genuinely trying and only getting made fun of for it. I should be used to it now, but I'm just not and it sucks.
>>
>>8787475
You have to learn to be in a different frame of mind. Why does it bother you if someone says your coord sucks? Ask them why they think that without being a bitch and they will tell you how to improve it.

I can never understand young people or the generations coming after me (I am 30 btw). It's like none of them can take criticism well. It doesn't have to be a negative thing. You're only turning it into a negative thing. So what if they don't like it? Learn to look at it from their perspective when they tell you what's wrong with it, and then learn from that experience. If you don't fail, you can't succeed. If you make shitty coords and no one is telling you it's shit, you're going to look like shit all the time and won't ever improve.
>>
File: 1377073189923.png (158KB, 318x322px) Image search: [Google]
1377073189923.png
158KB, 318x322px
>>8786849
>>
>>8775982
tfw no cute lolita gf to call princess
>>
I really really really want to have sex in lolita. It sounds cute and romantic. I want whichever girl/guy with me to call me their princess/maiden/dearest etc etc but they better not rip any tights. be gentle with the coord
>>
i sell pictures of my legs to pay for my brand.. whoops
>>
>>8788660
where do you sell/how much? Is this hard to get into doing?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.