[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSPA Generally Crunchy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 88

File: 1450367156334.jpg (619KB, 1125x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1450367156334.jpg
619KB, 1125x2250px
Last thread: >>8746123

> Cosplay Masterpost: http://pastebin.com/ekZP1fhg
- Tutorials and links that can help with Homestuck cosplays. Refer to it if you need help. Any contributions welcome.

Let's discuss:
> Discussed in the last thread was the idea of a "Homestuck Cosplay Oscars". Which HS cosplays this year would you award, and for what?
> Also discussed was the idea of a Homestuck Cosplay Hall of Fame. Who would you suggest would go on it, and what would determine who goes on it?
>>
>>8771942
For the Hall of Fame, I feel like people who have made the list in the past, but have stopped cosplaying HS would make it. Simple enough. But I see it less as "the best HS cosplayers ever" and more as a list of great cosplayers who used to cosplay homestuck.
>>
>>8771942
so anyone have any recommendations for the list? as for removing people we can make that easy and just take off anyone who hasnt done anything new in the past year?
>>
>>8772123
A year is generous. I'd rather see active newcomers with above average costumes over someone who was amazing back in the day but hasn't posted anything HS related in six months.
>>
>>8772123
ok picked a few i thought were best to make a short recommend list. thank you anon who posted all those from the past year. add to it if you feel i missed anyone. then crunchy or >>8771621 or whoever can make a updated list if they are up to it?
Squigglehaunt
hidemyerror
purpledragoncaptor
kidbunni
imploder
>>
>>8772307
I like all of these.
>>
>>8772307

what noteworthy things have they done this year?
>>
>>8772307
Kidbunni is without a doubt the best prop maker our fandom has, but his pictures are just okay and there's not a lot of variation in his cosplays. He's done...what, two versions of Dave and default Dirk? I don't know if that's enough.
>>
>>8772375
>>8772307
>Squigglehaunt
they did the good duelscar. they dont seem to have done much else in the past year. their cosplays are quality but they might not be active enough?
>hidemyerror
i like their jasprose. easily the best sprite^2 i have seen. they seem very active. they have other recent cosplays but their not as good.
>purpledragoncaptor
they did the troll god tier dave. they also do various captors. cosplays look very clean to me. im not sure how active they are.
>kidbunni
props. mostly dave but they also did dirk and one of johns hammers. seems quite active.
>imploder
they do mostly captors. nothing that blew me away but good output and good quality.
>>
>>8772410
eh, he's only done defult, lohac, god tier dave and default dirk, but he has multiple props per cosplay so its not as bland as it seems. honestly going by output in the past year he probably has the most of anyone on that list
>>
>>8772410
I'm trying to remember, but last time this was brought up if there's not enough cosplay output is it worth having a separate prop category or like adding a propmaker addendum or something? Altho desu, I don't know who else to add to that so it may be a moot point.
>>
>>8772307
Other noteworthy/promising cosplayers I've seen around this year that I haven't seen mentioned much yet:

faeji
sperocor
neokalugovaya

Out of these three sperocor looks the most promising, I think he was in a group with hidemyerror?
>>
>>8771942
Gross
>>
>>8772307
>>8772908

Adding jkiryu to this list

hidemyerror is easily the best jasprose ive ever seen, their rest is meh

purpledragoncaptor is the best sollux definitely, but really lacking variety

never seen an erisolsprite or god tier jake better than sperocor, their dirk is pretty great too, but the rest of their stuff is avg or below

kidbunni's props are definitely god tier, nothing better out there

neokalugovaya reminds me of the giant surge in foreign homestuck cosplayers this year, anyone have any hugely impressive non-domestic homestuck cosplayers to share?

Also 2015 had plenty of updates which brought some new characters. Have we seen any perfect Game Over Vriskas, GCATavrosprites, Trolllsona Janes, God Tier Calliopes, or Davepetasprites yet?
>>
>>8772948
Pasteleys, who was brought up in the last thread, is finnish.
There's also the fact of the matter that even if we liked to argue about shoop, that Vriska is pretty quality.
Sioxanne has also been posted a fair bit.
>>
of the names put forth imploder, kidbunni and neokalugovaya look the strongest to me they have good quality and output. i would definitely put them on. the rest im mostly indifferent to.
squigglehaunt and purpledragoncaptor are super quality but they only look to have done only one new cosplay this year each
hidemyerror has good output but besides jasprose their cosplays are meh.
sperocor, faeji and pasteleys have good output too and cosplays usually varying from meh to decent.
sioxanne, good output and otherwise not bad cosplay but their troll horns need improvement
jkiryu dosnt seem have a blog...
>>
>>8772150
kisbe & dei-sandvich have done no homestuck cosplay over the past year far as i can tell and kitty-maru dosnt seem to have either so i guess its time to remove them unless im wrong there? striderian dosnt seem to have cosplayed homestuck after katsucon so maybe them too?
>>
>>8773746
i should add: everyone else has done homestuck in the past 6 months or so. i dont believe any others need to be bumped up. if someone thinks someone on the list should be bumped up they can suggest it. so crunchy, not to steal your thunder but i dont think you need to worry about doing a year end review if you dont want to or are not up for it.
>>
>>8773746

They also sold most their costumes. I'd remove them.
>>
>>8772915
man why cant we have quality b8 anymore : (
>>8774578
yeah they've definitely moved on from homestuck. im always sad when i see cosplayers i admire sell their cosplays for some reason. probably because im really attached to mine.
>>
File: hsps_34_by_rockycosplay-d9kht6l.jpg (180KB, 727x1098px) Image search: [Google]
hsps_34_by_rockycosplay-d9kht6l.jpg
180KB, 727x1098px
>>8772948
I've only seen 1 GCaTavrosprite ever and I dont thing it's too bad. I think they were in that same group with Sperocor and Hidemyerror. Their facepaint isn't too great and their face fur is kinda not attached, but I thought it was pretty nice.
>>
File: Davepeta.jpg (122KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
Davepeta.jpg
122KB, 1095x730px
>>8772948
>>
>>8773849
I'll still probably look through them, just to give the discussion a concrete list to go from! But I'm glad there's names showing up and being looked into (:
>>
File: tumblr_nqvw2a1khs1r35os0o1_1280.jpg (249KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqvw2a1khs1r35os0o1_1280.jpg
249KB, 600x900px
Yaexrae

>Homestuck cosplays of 2015
Her Imperious Condescension
Dolorosa (for the Remember Me CMV)

>Other Fun Stuff
Not much of note, consistent in quality as always and with tons of interesting cosplay content outside of the Homestuck stuff.
I've seen no mentions of future cosplay plans.
Apparently did an Aranea shoot early this year, but I've seen no mentions of it afterwards.
Sold off a bunch of costumes to aid a situation of economic distress.
>>
Cowbuttcrunchies

Dead dreamer Jade (Hhhhammy)
Dead dreamer Dirk (Gothichamlet)
BTTF-Stuck Doc Harley (Gothichamlet)
Vikingstuck Signless (Gothichamlet)
Vikingstuck Disciple (Hhhhammy)
Dammek AKA. Strideer from Hiveswap (Gothichamlet)
Summerteen Romance Feferi (Gothichamlet)
Summerteen Romance Karkat (Hhhhammy)
Some sort of alternate design Meenah? (Hhhhammy)
Swimstuck Karkat (Hhhhammy)
Swimstuck Aradia (Gothichamlet)
Half-dead Sollux (Gothichamlet)
Signless for the Remember Me CMV (Gothichamlet)
Beforus Sollux (Gothichamlet)
Beforus Karkat (Hhhhammy)
Taobao dress Porrim Maryam (Gothichamlet)
Karkat Vantas (Hhhhammy)
>>
>>8776080
>Other Fun Stuff
Kicked some ass in Iron Wig
Are on a rollercoaster which only goes up
I don't know, brothers, there's just no end to these two.
Also they switched to pages instead of infinite scroll god bless.
Buncha good, generic and specific, tutorials.
>>
>>8776080

Dammek was hhhhammy
>>
File: tumblr_nnsw7eieUM1qhc1x7o6_1280.jpg (498KB, 900x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnsw7eieUM1qhc1x7o6_1280.jpg
498KB, 900x625px
Pyropi

Dead dreamer Rose
Kwinsi Flaret (OC)
Beforus Terezi
Potterstuck Feferi
Swimstuck Terezi (this one is not in her tag)
BTTF-Stuck Lorraine Roxy Baines (neither is this one)

>Other Fun Stuff
This old photoset of beachstuck Latula

>>8776082
My bad!
>>
File: 1428988124728.jpg (416KB, 1273x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1428988124728.jpg
416KB, 1273x1920px
Neither Dei-Sandvich or Kisbe have done any new Homestuck cosplays over the past year. The last post in Kisbes Homestuck tag was nine months ago.

Periodicallypapaya

Starter John
Pink/purple dress Kanaya
Crockertier Jane

>Other Fun Stuff
Seemingly no Homestuck WIPs in their tags.
>>
File: tumblr_nrk3nn1HOM1rothkko2_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrk3nn1HOM1rothkko2_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1920px
Virulentmalapropisms

Starter Rose
Squiddleknit dress Rose

>Other Fun Stuff
Has Grimdark Rose in a "to cosplay" from a few months back.
>>
Pearlybae (cosplay acc of Pearlgirl710)

Summerteen romance Nepeta
Godtier Jade
Vikingstuck Dolorosa
Joey from Hiveswap
Disciple (for the Remember Me CMV)
Swimstuck Jade
Kanaya Maryam (no proper photos of this one)

>Other Fun Stuff
Is seriously adorable.
A few neat tutorials of her own, in contrast to the ones she's linked from other people.
>>
>>8776108
Thanks for doing these recaps!
>>
>>8776080
Damn, they did even more than I thought. It's amazing how they manage to do it all.
>>
File: 1364325544391.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1364325544391.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>
>>
>>8776152
Thanks!
Pretty-tier next up, we'll see if I've time for new suggestions tonight.

Striderian

Damara Megido
Trollcops Terezi
Roxy Lalonde?

>Other Fun Stuff
Pretty much no good photos, only meh-tier selfies.
They don't seem all that great about updating their tags, so maybe they're just bad about uploading things.
Seems like they're more active on instagram (basketbaes), but there's barely no Homestuck, and seemingly none planned.
>>
File: 1446427768852.jpg (462KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1446427768852.jpg
462KB, 1280x853px
Crowmunist

Starter Jade
Potterstuck Rose
Dave Strider
God Tier Dave
Black Suit Dave
Meulin Leijon

>Other Fun Stuff
I remember them stating around the Strider upd8 that they were no longer interested in Homestuck, but there's still some fairly recent reblogs on it.
These days their blog content is mostly aesthetic, it seems.
Has been doing comissions.
>>
>>8776217
This is kind of scary
>>
>>8776228
I get the strong impression that Crowmunist has moved from cosplay to the fashion/aesthetic/sponsorship scene, but still reposts old cosplay pics for the notes and follows. She hasn't made anything new from any fandom for a while.
>>
Kitty-maru doesn't seem to have any new Homestuck cosplay content. Fromgilbowithawesome did swimstuck Eridan, as well as a repeat wear of Kankri, but that's it.

Caledbuttscratch

Dead dreamer Dave
BTTF-Stuck Dave McFly
Godtier Latula (sans wings)
Beforus Aradia

>Other Fun Stuff
There seems to be a GT Aradia in their WIP-tag.

>>8776261
That's a very fair point.
>>
File: 1441399499950.jpg (888KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441399499950.jpg
888KB, 900x600px
Mitsuki-aizawa

Terezi Pyrope
God Tier Nepeta
"Lolita" Aranea
Aradia Megido
Speciesswap Jade
Jade Harley
Rose Lalonde
Roxy Lalonde
Jane Crocker
Aranea Serket
God Tier Jade
Kimono Damara
God Tier Rose
Terezi in Dave's shirt
Nepeta Leijon

>Other Fun Stuff
This blog is 100% cosplay.
A bit of cosplay help, as well as a FAQ.
This person has some REALLY good photos, IMO. Especially for single person shoots.
>>
File: tumblr_nnqk71GTwY1qf5atpo1_1280.jpg (358KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnqk71GTwY1qf5atpo1_1280.jpg
358KB, 1280x853px
Fraubeilschmidt

Fancy dreamer Roxy
God Tier Roxy
Militarystuck Damara (For the Last Troll Standing CMV)
Dynastystuck Fefetasprite

>Other Fun Stuff
Is currently working on Roxy-bingo.
Got a bunch of cosplays outside of Homestuck.
Another member of the non-anglo invasion (she's from Spain).
>>
File: tumblr_nujjr3move1qgg53uo1_500.png (574KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nujjr3move1qgg53uo1_500.png
574KB, 497x750px
Moving onto the names suggested by >>8772307, as well as later posts. But feel free to give me MORE names!

Imploder

God Tier Sollux
Sollux Captor
Summerteen Romance Sollux
Psiioniic
Steven Universe AU Sollux
Joey from Hiveswap
God Tier John

>Notes
This guy got a lot more photos since last time he was suggested, which is neat. I don't really feel strongly one way or another really; it's nice seeing a dude who put time into wigs and make up.
Not a whole lot of WIPs or anything like that, but they exist.
>>
File: tumblr_nkmg616KY01s62miyo3_1280.jpg (537KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkmg616KY01s62miyo3_1280.jpg
537KB, 667x1000px
Also, it's appreciated if someone else took the time to post some more pictures of the suggested names!

Kidbunni

>Homestuk cosplays of 2015
God Tier Dave
Starter Dave
Starter Dirk
Dave with the baseball tee

>Notes
Still a pretty kickass propmaker.
Expanded his repertoire to Dirk.
I've nothing to say about this guy I guess? He's worth following if nothing else because he doesn't clog your dash with non-Homestuck stuff, no matter how slim his wardrobe is.
>>
>>8776261
>doing commissions
>not making anything new
Anon...

>>8776386
His paint looks so flat in this picture, some contouring would help out a lot. I'd like to see him do more than just Captors but every BNF has a favorite character niche, so.
>>
File: tumblr_nskyezBQOK1rfse5so2_1280.jpg (927KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nskyezBQOK1rfse5so2_1280.jpg
927KB, 1280x1707px
Purpledragoncaptor

Speciesswap God Tier Dave
Some sort of God Tier Sollux
Mituna?
Sollux Captor
Cascade Sollux

>Notes
Since they got the standard theme it's kinda hard to tell dates.
Autoplay warning.
I can't find any sort of WIP-tag or similar.
Not sure if listmaterial. They're pretty quality, but compared to cosplayers like Fraubeilschmidt they're just kind of lacking in content IMO. If there are any WIP-tags or cosplay help, I didn't find it. But I might be wrong.
>>
>>8776399

I just wish he'd cosplay more characters with all that prop skill he has.
>>
Hidemyerror

God Tier Aradia
Jasprosesprite
Dirk Strider (In a pretty underwhelming CMV by the name of Alpha's Unite)
Erisolsprite
God Tier Dirk (oh hey, you selfposted here earlier this year!)
Black dress Rose Lalonde (borrowed, no proper photos)
Some sort of fancy dreamer Dirk

>Notes
This person has gotten a LOT better just over the past year, but still has some way to go before they're tierworthy, IMO. There's a lot of IMO to all of these new people.
Anyhow, their Jasprosesprite (and maybe their GT Dirk) is some pretty solid cosplays, even though I do believe that the reason their Jasprose has gotten a lot of attention is that they've been the only one to actually cosplay them well at all. Still, those are some pretty neato Jasprose photos, just... still an exception to their content rather than the rule.
>>
File: 1443523741099.jpg (50KB, 303x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443523741099.jpg
50KB, 303x600px
Squigglehaunt

Dualscar (fandesign)

>Notes
One great Dualscar does not a tiername make.
>>
>>8776386
>Joey
Should be Jude, but isn't really important I guess.
>>
File: tumblr_nshu28r2DI1r5azgoo3_1280.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nshu28r2DI1r5azgoo3_1280.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>8772908
Faeji

Kankri Vantas
Meenah Peixes
Rose Lalonde
R63 Aranea
Aranea Serket
Faestuck Nepeta
Meulin Leijon
Nepeta Leijon
John Egbert

>Notes
I'm honestly pretty surprised to see this person suggested, because while they're pretty dang cute in most of their cosplays, they're also what this board tend to roll it's eyes at.
Pretty much no photos are above meh-level selfie quality (or "me and my friends sat down for some lunch mid con and snapped some photos of each other"), and they definitely seem like the kinda person who's more in it for the "I like dressing up" aspect than craftmanship or photoshoots.
They still make one hell of a cute male Aranea, though.
>>
File: tumblr_nnrb1mWbEG1rmh16go4_500.jpg (97KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnrb1mWbEG1rmh16go4_500.jpg
97KB, 427x640px
Sperocor

Promstuck Sollux
Arquisprite
Erisolsprite
Black dress Rose
Lil' Hal
Grimdark Rose
Trickster Dirk
Dirk Strider
God Tier Jake
Crockertier John

>Notes
Pretty much same as with Hidemyerror (of whom they're a friend); they're not bad, but also not really consistently good. There's just always something kind of off with their cosplays, even if they too have gotten better over this past year.
But hey, they do put effort into their cosplays, and actually bother with taking photos which aren't selfies!

>>8776433
Oops. Keep on correcting me, folks!
>>
>>8776433
>>8776083
come ON crunchy get it right (just kidding, your doing fabulous work!!!)
>>
>>8776437
>>8776454
These two are ultra meh. Not tier worthy imo.
>>
Neokalugovaya

Aradiabot
God Tier Aradia
The Handmaid
God Tier Jade
Beekeeper from Hiveswap
God Tier Roxy
Aradia Megido
Porrim Maryam
Trickster Roxy
Damara Megido

>Notes
Their Handmaid is pretty damn kickass, but the rest of their cosplays can be... kinda clunky and awkward looking. Their GT Aradia is a good example of this.
On the other hand, their Aradiabot is looking pretty nifty.
They're a big fan of photoshop, rendering... varied results (see their Porrim vs. a few of their Handmaid photos).
>>
File: tumblr_nsqkj08bAU1rf9s96o4_1280.jpg (494KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsqkj08bAU1rf9s96o4_1280.jpg
494KB, 1280x1920px
Jkiryu is only known as that on instagram, their tumblr is Tabris17.

God Tier Dirk
Skull helmet Jake
God Tier Jake
Jake English
Militarystuck Jake

>Notes
They're alright. They put effort into what they do, but I have to say I think they fall short on execution and details. They have few non-selfie photos up, but they're rarely very good or interesting.1
Might work on prettytier but so far I'm pretty eh.
>>
File: tumblr_nugky8en1Q1re0530o3_1280.jpg (666KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nugky8en1Q1re0530o3_1280.jpg
666KB, 1280x1920px
Pasteleys

Dirk Strider
Meenah Peixes
Potterstuck Cronus
Cronus Ampora
Kankri Vantas
Damara Megido
Dave Strider
Pupa Pan Tavros
Tavros Nitram
Handmaid
Speciesswap Dave
God Tier Cronus
Sollux Captor
Lil' Hal
Kurloz Makara
Latula Pyrope
Karkat Vantas

>Notes
Surprisingly high quality for the big output. A lot of selfies, but there's also quite a few actual photoshoots (and good ones at that - see their Damara and Handmaid in last thread).
They also got a bunch of Homestuck cosplay planned.
>>
>>8776261
She's also selling a bunch of her cosplays (Homestuck included)
>>
File: actualsharkboy_ig.png (847KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
actualsharkboy_ig.png
847KB, 598x598px
I'll look into two or three more of the pictures which people in the last thread mentioned being itnerested in, but after that you guys will have to request any other names you want.

Actualsharkboi, who made a Bloodswap Kanaya that people liked.

God Tier Jake
Kanaya Maryam
Terezi Pyrope
R63 Porrim

>Notes
They're more active on their instagram, where I found a yellowblood Porrim, as well as pic related and other things. Their Kanaya was recieved with... Mixed emotions a few threads back.
>>
>>8776535
Actually scratch that; all the photos I was going to look into seems to have disappeared of the internet alltogether.

My personal suggestions for change:

>Keep as is
Cowbuttcrunchies
Yaexrae (though I understand if people don't agree with me on this)
Pyropi
Pearlybae (maybe bump)
Caledbuttscratch
Fraubeilschmidt

>Remove
Virulentmalapropisms (?)
Periodicallypapaya (?)
Striderian
Crowmunist
Kitty-maru
Fromgilbowithawesome

>Bump up
Mitsuki-aizawa

>Add
IDK, you guys tell me. Pasteleys probably.
>>
>>8776584
The names I'm kinda liking are Imploder, Purpledragoncaptor, Hidemyerror, and definitely Pasteleys.
>>
>>8776584
Personally I wouldn't vote to bump pearl. Skill wise she's god tier but CBC and Yaexrae offer more help.

Doesn't look like gilbo, striderian, or kitty-maru have done anything in close to a year, so it's time to take them off but I wouldn't remove virulentmalapropisms, periodicallypapaya, or crowmunist yet. Their output is slowing down but they've all posted something in the last couple months whereas the others haven't uploaded new content for a lot longer than that.

For additions pasteleys makes the most sense out of all the suggestions imo.
>>
>>8776584
i would also remove kisbe and dei and leave Virulentmalapropisms and Periodicallypapaya for the time being.
i would add pasteleys and kidbunni. maybe imploder and Neokalugovaya too.
>>
>>8776584
I would add kidbunni. The fact that his props are pretty much the best deserves something at least.
>>
>>8776584
Kisbe and Dei need to go if we're voting on removing other cosplayers who are more active than they are. I'm even thinking we should take off Yaexrae but at least she's done something this year and it sounds she's had a lot going on in her personal life. Not everyone can churn out cosplays at the same rate the CBC+Pyropi trio can. Since we update the list twice a year, I see no harm in waiting on some of the older names until the next review. They've been on for long enough. Then we can see what people do for the big conventions in winter and spring.
>>
>>8776731
And that's the point of the suggestion of like Hall of Fame too. So names like Yaexrae and Kisbe won't be lost completely.
>>
>>8776776
Wouldn't it be more interesting to create a hall of fame for one-two specific cosplays by a old homestuck? Or at least to highlight it. Maybe give a few reasons why. Keep in touch with the new generation of stucks which, admittedly, prefer instagram over 4chan.

Ex. Hanyaan, because of her excellent Kurloz and early contribution to setting a make up standard.

On a related note; is it just our comm or is the last few batches of stucks REALLY young? I joined in when I was fifteen, and at that point I was among the youngest in my community, but for the past year and a half the new stucks seem to be more around thirteen.
>>
>>8776785
I think the fans are just younger and the older ones have all moved on from it?
>>
>>8776584
Personally I am of the opinion that if a current BNF is still making new cosplays we should leave them on or bump them down a tier to reflect the output. Instead of removing Virulentmalapropisms and Periodicallypapaya, they should get knocked to pretty tier since they're still active. Striderian is technically active but never posts photos which is a little different.

Pearlgirl could be bumped IMO. We've had the same trio of god tiers for a while, it would be nice to see new blood. Like >>8776632 said she doesn't offer the same community involvement as the other god tiers but at the same time she's much more active than Yaexrae, who usually only makes two cosplays and a few tutorials a year. I'd say their strengths balance out.
>>
>>8776080
>17 cosplays in a year
>not including non-Homestuck costumes and wigs
>tfw I can barely finish three cosplays before my con

How do they keep doing this year after year? I thought they both had jobs but does one of them not work full time? Or do they just have an army of hemming elves in their basements?
>>
File: tumblr_nglygqNcBc1r0hzpdo10_1280.jpg (853KB, 1280x1917px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nglygqNcBc1r0hzpdo10_1280.jpg
853KB, 1280x1917px
Maevling

>Homestuck cosplays of 2014-15
Jane (Pin-up, Dress, Normal)
GT John
Dave
Cronus
Jade
Jake
Karkat
Kanaya

>Notes
lots of professional pictures, nice costumes but not as many are canon, godtier makeup skills
>>
>>8776785
I support the idea of a Hall of Fame for past BNFs that have clearly moved on (Hanyaan and Cifera come to mind), but agree with >>8776800 on not retiring cosplayers that still contribute. Less active mid tiers could be appropriately demoted and inactive mid tiers could be given a star on the Homestuck Walk of Fame, but there's no reason to take off anyone that's still producing content.
>>
>>8776813
1) A lot of their Homestuck cosplays are intrinsically on the simpler side and they can reuse many of their character wigs
2) They've been doing this for a while and at high volume, so they've gained significant patterning/assembly experience over time
3) Cosplay is probably all they do in their free time, and they're very good at staying focused on it.
>Speaking from experience, if I have a weekend when I'm not going out with friends, working on art, finishing work that I took home, or getting distracted on the internet, I get a hell of a lot of cosplay done.
>>
>>8776098
They have some plans I believe, they never got photos of Aranea and there are some plans for photos of that.

>>8776584
>>8776632
I'm pretty much on board with this. Tbh Pasteleys and Purpledragoncaptor seem like viable candidates. The others have potential but don't feel right this year. Well, Kidbunni feels up to par on quality but like everyone's been saying, its more about the props for him.
>>
>>8776584
>>8776731
crunchy probably just forgot kisbe and dei there. they should definitely be the first cut. kitty-maru and probably fromgilbowithawesome and striderain too. i might not cut crowmunist quite yet, although they did seem insistent they were done with homestuck....maybe they will have a change of heart?
i agree with bumping mitsuki-aizawa to mid. i wouldnt remove yaexrae yet, but i would not disagree with bumping them down or just leaving them in god tier. same with virulentmalapropisms and
periodicallypapaya. i guess i would keep pearl at mid tier too but i dont have a strong opinion on that either.
>>
>>8776584
I would like to see more new people added than not, even if they're not up to the caliber of the oldschool bnfs. Kidbunni is a shoe-in. Hidebyerror, Imploder, Pasteleys, Maevling, and Neokalugovaya aren't as good but I think they'd be good additions too.

I really like several of Actualsharkboi's cosplays and am very interested in seeing more from them, which i.m.o. is what the list is for. But at the same time their output is lower than a lot of these other cosplayers so I understand if we wait.

Sperocor and Jkiryu are a no.
>>
>>8776839
I think we should wait on Purpledragoncaptor until he has more cospays to judge. His wings are amazing but beyond that his actual sewing skills are eh.
>>
>>8776813
In 2014, I made about 20 homestuck cosplays (give or take 2 or 3, I took some photos of 2013 cosplays too so it mixes) for myself alone. It's really easy when you get in the stride.

Then again compared to that, I've only made 5 this year, feels like I hardly did anything but I kinda needed a break. Hoping to slightly do a little more this year.
>>
>>8776824

Pretty much this. If you work 9-5 and don't have kids/school/a second job, you have a lot of time to dedicate to your hobbies.

>>8776846

more support for kidbunni - even if his costumes are simple, if I were new to homestuck I'd want to follow for the great props and lack of non-HS stuff clogging up his tumblr.
>>
>>8776824

Same.

> keyword "not getting distracted"
>>
File: tumblr_n8a4orupqx1rp9esco4_1280.jpg (575KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8a4orupqx1rp9esco4_1280.jpg
575KB, 1280x1280px
>>8776731
I agree about Dei-sandvich and Kisbe; I had pratically already removed them in my mind so I forgot to bring them up.

>>8776800
Does Striderian have a DA or Instagram?

>>8776814
How far back into 2014 did you go? I like a lot of the things I see, but their theme is awful and a lot of these are things I remember seeing way early in the year. They also seem to be mostly about make up and clean (albeit not super interesting) photos, and have almost nothing that they've actually made. Their Cronus is pretty neat, but there's a lot that could have been done for wig work which just... isn't there.

I don't feel strongly either way, but I'm a bit doubtful.

>>8776846
Agreed! Throw me some more names! What about the ancestors we discussed in the other thread?
As for Actualsharkboi... I don't know? They don't have a lot of content on their tumblr. I definitely think it's someone we ought to keep an eye on, though. Same goes for Sperocor.

>>8776950
There's not really anything going against Kidbunni; if you follow him, you might not get a huge variety, but on the other hand you'll get lots of WIP-shots and pretty much no non-Homestuck stuff to deal with.
>>
>>8776814
>god tier makeup skills
We must have very different understandings of what god tier means.
>>
>>8777342
the ancestors are sioxanne, crushtestpony and i think yalga although as far as i can tell thats the only homestuck cosplay yalgas ever done and they didnt post any of it on their tumblr.
>>
>>8777425
nvm they have a homestuck blog yalga-peixes
>>
>>8777342
>>8776814
Their 2014 roundup post includes almost all of those cosplays... the only one from 2015 is the white dress Jane and everything else is rehashed photos. I'm guessing someone is really gunning to add Maevling to the list and tried to fudge the numbers to make them look more active, but one new costume in a year isn't going to cut it.

http://maevling.tumblr.com/post/105246181955/cosplays-2k14-this-was-such-a-good-year-i-had-so
>>
>>8777478
yikes lol
>>
>>8777478
Lets be real, 3/4s of the name suggested thus far seem like people gunning for the list, so this doesn't seem surprising in the least.
>>
>>8777507
Well, as long as gunning for the list actually pushes them to get better, I have no problems with that. Trying to weasel into an arbitrary list without putting in effort to be a good cosplayer is stupid though.
>>
>>8777478
I figured something like that.
Admittedly, a lot of putting out new content is usually in rewearing, touching up, and getting photoshoots of old costumes, but it can't be that alone.

>>8777507
Aren't we all, at some level? q:

Either way, I'll look into Sioxanne etc, anyone else?
>>
>>8777537
Maybe Nepzy? She's young and the groups she's with aren't really tier worthy, but she herself has some clean looking cosplays.
>>
>>8777507
Oh, totally. Kidbunni and Imploder are known lurkers and a couple of the other names look like selfposts or friend suggestions. The maevling one is a troll. They wouldn't tier even if they were active.
>>
File: tumblr_nss8x5GDMY1rjx7a5o2_1280.jpg (366KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nss8x5GDMY1rjx7a5o2_1280.jpg
366KB, 1280x853px
Sioxanne

Redglare
Aranea Serket
Latula Pyrope (canon divergent)
Meulin Leijon (cat sweater)
Meulin Leijon
Militarystuck Terezi
God Tier Terezi
Terezi Pyrope
Namco High Terezi
Dragoncape Terezi
Seeing Terezi
Alive Aranea
Latula Pyrope

>Notes
Probably a candidate for prettytier. All their photos are average quality and upwards, even if their cosplays (specifically horns) aren't always perfect. You've all seen their Redglare, so have a picture of their Terezi.
>>
I also looked up Ore-sakashima and Yalga-peixes, but I've a feeling that Ore-sakashima isn't in too good light around here, and that Yalga-peixes plain old don't have enough content. Crushtestpony has some great Makaras, but their blog is a mess and they don't seem to do much aside of that.

Nepzy

Porrim Maryam
Summerteen romance Terezi
Game Over Terezi
Disciple

>Notes
Their GO Terezi is neat, and their Disciple is above average, but aside from that I'm not really impressed. If you've a smaller output you need the quality to make up for it, and I'm not sure they've got it. Especially not with the fact that there's a low number of actual photoshoots and photosets which, IMO, is more important than constantly doing new cosplays (at least if they're interesting).
>>
>>8777478
Bustedddddd

>>8777697
Sioxanne seems great, don't care for the other two.
>>
>>8777666
im a little reluctant because of their horns, but i could probably get behind them for pretty tier.
>>8777697
their last cosplay was 5 months ago and their current project isnt homestuck so yeah. their not bad but not tier worthy. at least not at the moment.
>>
>>8777537
Sure, I'd just like to think we're all a bit less overt about it. :D

Also, that's a lot of Pyropes from Sioxanne. If she makes the list is there going have to be a battle royale between her and Pyropi to see which is Top Terezi? There can only be one.
>>
>>8777803
Pretty sure it's still Pyropi. Sioxanne's horns make me sad.
>>
>>8777803
>>8778179
yeah she gona need to step up her horn game by a lot to come close to pyrope.
>>
>>8777803
>implying pyropi wouldn't destroy her in competition
>>
>>8778902
>>8778179
In Sioxannes defense, she's done a pretty good Redglare.

Also, in all honesty? Both >>8777666 and >>8776360 are better solo shots of Terezi than I've ever seen from Pyropi.
>>
>>8779043
Better photography doesn't necessarily equal better cosplay though.
>>
>>8779055
An interesting thing is that to most people (non-cosplayers), it does.
>>
i never understand why so many otherwise great cosplayers cant make decent horns to save their life...
>>
>>8779183
Most people in this thread have experience with cosplay though, so the point is irrelevant if we're talking about Sioxanne's Terezi vs Pyropi's.
>>
>>8779055
For something as basic as most Homestuck cosplays? It pretty much is.
Personally I find it much easier to make a cosplay than to take interesting photos. Standing and looking pretty is one thing, finding a location, concept, photographer and time is another entirely.
>>
>>8779189
Yes, for this list and thread, it's irrelevant.I just thought it was interesting if you're trying to appeal to a wide audience.
>>
>>8779195
As someone who is both a cosplayer and photographer, you are giving cosplayers a little too much credit there. The vast majority of cosplayers I work with come to the shoot with no concept, location ideas, or even poses half the time. Some cosplayers do have ideas of their own (and they are SO much easier to shoot), but a lot of the things you listed come from the photographer's brain and skills half the time.
>>
>>8779676
That's assuming you've a proper photographer and aren't just taking silly photos with your friends, though.
>>
>>8780674
I very much doubt that >>8777666 and >>8776360 are just silly photos with friends.
>>
Would I be a total fucking tool if I uploaded an image of a cute cosplayer I saved ages ago, and asked for a source? [spoiler]Google and TinEye won't help and I'm wondering if she's done more lately.[/spoiler]

She's an awfully cute Jade, although the image I have is more of a tease than a complete cosplay.
>>
>>8780993
We might not recognize her, but it can't hurt to drop the pic. Go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_nmlbhmLpdG1ttivgvo3_1280.jpg (171KB, 960x567px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmlbhmLpdG1ttivgvo3_1280.jpg
171KB, 960x567px
>>8781010
I know it's from Tumblr, but I can't for the life of me remember what blog it came from. If only it showed her face. Oops.
>>
>>8781014
Yeah when you said tease I thought you meant a wig test or something...I wouldn't know this was supposed to be Jade if you hadn't said so. I doubt anyone here will be able to track it down if reverse image search hasn't helped you out.
>>
>>8781021
Shit, that's embarrassing.

I think it might've been from /co/ since they're a little more... risque usually. Apparently they stopped doing MSPA generals, though.

Ah well. It was worth a shot.
>>
>>8781027
There's a thread there now. Ask away.
>>>78378873
>>
>>8781027
>>8781042
Fucked that one up.
>>>/co/78378873
>>
>>8781045
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
>>
>>8781014
[spoilers]It's M3rryg4m. Now I remember why I wasn't already following them. They're flat out nudestuck.[/spoilers]
>>
File: uglysweater.png (614KB, 476x714px) Image search: [Google]
uglysweater.png
614KB, 476x714px
>>8777666
>>
>>8781675

>that eye shop
>that blush shop

Why.
>>
>>8781675
I know she's a good cosplayer but her gratuitous shoop makes me want to keep her off the list. I wish she'd cut it out.
>>
>>8781675
Not to mention the horns with the awful colors. Bright yellow with an orange and red that are indistinguishable. Ugh.

It frustrating because she's pretty decent otherwise.
>>
"I would like to shoot for 4/13 of next year to have it wrapped up. "

Finally, we can die.
>>
>>8782307
4/13 (or whenever it actually finishes), hussie: "alright homestuck is done forever i hope you enjoyed the ride. homestuck 2 starts 6/12"
>>
>>8782307
>>8782446
Hiveswap will have plenty of cosplay opportunities. Don't you worry. We're here forever.
>>
>>8782307

He's been saying he was almost done for ages.

He'll never finish it.
>>
>>8782307

You can check out any time you like
but you can never leave.
>>
>>8782836
Dude probably doesn't even want to finish it at this point.
>>
>>8782842
Welcome to the Hotel Calibornia.
>>
>>8782857
He probably does but this is what happens when you have a control freak who refuses to delegate. There is no way one person can oversee game 3d production, game art production, merch and warehouse operations (which has since closed shop since it was - rightly so - too much to handle), AND creating the end to a comic. Hussie has had too much on his plate for two years running now but the man still refuses to loosen the reigns. Which is a damn shame because he clearly has no idea how to run a game company.
>>
>>8782929
This is a quality post.
>>
>>8783453
Pretty proud of it myself, desu.
>>
>>8782307
Good fucking riddance, MSPA is to cancer what cancer is to causes of death
>>
Thought this was >>8776454 and his sorry, sorry Sollux wig at first.
>>
Some mediocre holiday cosplays for holiday anon.
>>
It's pretty awful, but at least she used actual braids and braided them with actual wighair.
>>
>>
>>
>Some dude who's legitimately interested in music and audio and mixing actually using these things
As if.
>>
No shitty freckles? It's a Christmas miracle!
>>
>>8784359
Meh, it's cute. I prefer this to people who use fabric for the braids.
>>
>>8784367
Yeah, the braids are the least awful of it all. And anyway she looks like she's somewhere in her early-mid teens, so I wouldn't be too hard on her.
>>
More Homestuck for the holidays for anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Those shoped eyes
>>
>>
Now this is the kind of christmas sweater I can get behind.
>>
>>
>>8784378
These might have been posted before; they came from a year in cosplay type post.
>>
>>8784379
>>
>>
Ugh these makes me sad. You've such a gorgeous light and setting and it's all just wasted on shitty posing, framing, image composition, and just all over awful camera work.
>>
And that's pretty much what the past week had to offer. Hope y'alls holidays are nice so far.
>>
>I'm a failure
>>
So what do we have to do to move forward with the list thing? Make a straw poll or something?
>>
>>8784708
It's board consensus. Has been for years.
>>
>>8784708
i think crunchy usually determines the consensus once discussion is over, which is seems to be
>>
>>8784382
It boggles my mind when people manage to screw up vantas horns.
>>
>>8785088
They look like Cheetos.
>>
File: tumblr_o01mmgrefE1r35os0o3_1280.jpg (301KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o01mmgrefE1r35os0o3_1280.jpg
301KB, 1000x667px
>>
File: 1359769165695.jpg (263KB, 900x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1359769165695.jpg
263KB, 900x1340px
if we're waiting for a new list here's a throwback in the meantime. the original list from feb 2013.
>>
>>8787414

ancient history
>>
>>8787414
I don't remember more than half of these people.
>>
>>8787414
I remember being super confused about Katspaw being on the list. Oh well.

I haven't had proper access to internet due to holidays, but as usual I just try and make suggestions, I've no final say and I don't make the list. Anyway, since I didn't give any proper thoughts on the new names before, here they come:

>>8776386
I'm a bit hesitant due to low photo/WIP output, but I do think they're quality enough.
>>8776399
Pretty tier material. Maybe even mid tier, depending on how highly we value WIPs and if they do tutorials.
>>8776407
Good quality, but lacking in content. I'd like to see WIPs or cosplay help, but I might just not have been looking hard enough.
Costumes are interesting, photos not so much.
>>8776420
Probably pretty tier, but their quality has increased so rapidly (and is still not GREAT), I'd like to take a step back and see how they develop.
>>8776423
No.
>>8776437
Nah.
>>8776454
This dude and Hidemyerror makes me feel like we should have a "to watch"-tier, because they're alright they're just... Not there yet. I do like this guys GT Jake, and his Dirk and Rose both have potential.
>>8776470
Pretty tier, probably.
>>8776484
I wasn't impressed. Someone else might be.
>>8776505
Definitely pretty tier, maybe even mid tier if the amount of tutorials and WIPs kick up a little.
>>8776535
Maybe on Instagram, not on tumblr.
>>8776814
Nah.
>>8777666
Totes.
>>8777697
Nah.

A few other points brought up:
>>8776667
>>8776846
>>8776853
>>8776950

Also for discussion:
>Hall of Fame
>Names to watch
>New photos for the image tier, maybe? Listanon is a blessing but a lot of those photos are kinda old
>More photos of brought up names
>If anyone have any new names they want me to look at speak now or forever hold your peace. Or tell me tomorrow or IDK really I've no strict deadline and anyway you can always bring up new names, see what happens.
>>
>>8787463
i think your thoughts here for the most part match up with the overall board consensus.
who does make the list graphic then? list-chan? if there still around? (for some reason i believed you two were one in the same. i have no idea why. sorry about that)
>>
>>8787463
We had an up and coming tier in the past and it flopped pretty hard.
>>
>>8787463

I agree with these assessments pretty much
>>
>>8787463
I already voiced my opinions up in the thread, but I pretty much agree with you. I'm leaning towards being more inclusive because it might push a bit more from the people added if they post/lurk here.
>>
>>8787463
Pretty much agree. Sad that Squigglehaunt doesn't have more cosplays, their Dualscar is awesome.
>>
>>8787463
I'm all for up and coming tier, could definitely motivate any lurkers on here to up their game, and it'd be nice to check up on them next year and see which improved and which flopped.
>>
yeah im not sure list anon is still around. they always did a great job but should we pass the list making job to someone else if they're gone?
>>
File: hs_crunchy_reportdec2015.jpg (634KB, 1125x2418px) Image search: [Google]
hs_crunchy_reportdec2015.jpg
634KB, 1125x2418px
>>8790387
>>8787498
I'm still around! Let me know if I missed something... I wasn't sure we'd reached consensus on Hidemyerror, but if they should be on prettytier I'll make a new update.

Also does anyone want a copy of this PSD file? I still lurk but I can upload it if someone wants a backup.
>>
>>8790451
Weren't we more in favor of demoting periodicallypapaya and virulentmalapropisms to pretty tier and keeping crowmunist? And does anyone else want to chime in on bumping mitsuki-aizawa? She's good but she looks outclassed next to pyropi and pearlgirl, imo. Her output is strong but her craftsmanship doesn't seem there yet.
>>
>>8790451
nvm you are here in all your glory!
list looks good to me!
>>8790485
i think mitsuki-aizawa is probably good enough for mid tier, even if their a bit lower quality they have a lot more output then pyropi/pearl, but i dont feel too strongly either way.
>>
>>8790485
You're right! I'll wait and see if we need any other changes and then move them down.
>>
>>8790600
And regarding crowmunist it seemed like most were in favor of dropping them but a few people weren't sure. Let's discuss more.
>>
>>8790602
i dont have a strong opinion either way on crowmunist, they did a lot in the beginning of the year and definitely deserved their spot on the list and have kept putting photos up from old shoots. but they seem to have made it clear theyve moved on from homestuck. of course yaexrae hasnt done any new homestuck cosplays since katsucon either and i wouldnt want to cut them. (but to be fair the condess was a really incredible cosplay)
>>
>>8790677
I don't see how she's moved on when she did a Homestuck thing as recently as Halloween. There's no point in kicking her off if we just have to turn around and put her back on in a month. We shouldn't be removing BNFs that are still producing content.
>>
>>8790722
But does the Halloween count if its a new photo of an old costume? Is there any new homestuck content thats not just more photos of her old stuff?
>>
>>8790722
>>8790732
new pics of old cosplay count for something! although eventually you gotta have something new to stay on the list. but as i said i dont have a strong opinion. they certainly have more then enough quality to be on. im fine leaving them on for now.
>>
>>8790485
MA have more output, and have clean and well done shots of all their cosplays.

>>8790732
I counted reworn cosplays which gave new content, such as proper/freah shoots, as well as if they were not the majority of the output.

If Yaexrae does one high quality costume a year, that's still worth it to keep them on the list to me because they do SO much when it comes to WIPs, tutorials, and interesting techniques.

As for Crowmunist, they did stare that they were no longer interested in Homestuck after the Strider upd8, even though I can't find the post. I can't remember them saying whether thay were done with cosplaying too, but everything they've posted since has been rewears and no WIPs.
With that said, they still do post new content (despite it being rewears), and I'm fairly sure they still have an unfinished cosplay or two (Aradia comes to mind).

We usually do a checkup later in the year as well, but if anything change (people openly stating their disintrest or that they've new, cool stuff planned) just throw it a comment in the thread. A lot of this stuff don't show up in the tags but is only brought up because it shows up on people's dashboards.
>>
>>8790732
Personally, yeah, I'd count it. A lot of cosplayers post new material of older stuff in between convention seasons or irl commitments to keep things moving. It's something.

>>8790764
I saw some people mention this too so I tried to go looking but I couldn't find anything about it either. Without any definitive confirmation, I'd rather wait and err on the side of caution since to me rewears and new shoots still indicate some interest. But if she hasn't made anything fresh by the next list roundup in spring, we should drop her then.
>>
do you guys think we should keep a link to the list in the OP from now on like the pastebin, for any newcomers to the thread or people who want to check the latest version?
>>
>>8790790
I think it's better to just drop inactive people down a tier vs kick them off completely but Striderian and Crowmunist were both in the bottom tier to start with. Their cosplays weren't super impressive and they were only on the list at all because of their output, so without that there doesn't seem a point to keeping either on. If we're keeping Crowmunist then we should be keeping people like Striderian and Fromgilbo too.
>>
>>8791380
Difference is that Crowmunist was also considered for midtier, and also have much more to show for the past year with both quality and content, even if a lot of what they did was rewears. A lot of those rewears they also didn't have any proper shots of before.
>>
>>8791380
except striderian and gilbo don't have any homestuck cosplay to show for the entire year. crowmunist does so it's really not the same thing imo
>>
>>8791380
Crowmunist's cosplays were more impressive than most of the people's we've just added, so I think we should keep them on for consistency.
>>
>>8791485
Crowmunist's most impressive costume imo was Davesprite a few years ago. Since then it's been basic kid and troll outfits, unless I'm missing a more complicated cosplay they've done. Striderian's getting the boot even though they've done more and the last new (?) costume both Striderian and Crowmunist have made were for Katsu 2015. Someone confirm for me? its difficult to check on mobile and I don't actually follow either of them
>>
>>8791525
i dont think striderian had anything new homestuck for katsu? infact i dont think striderian has made any new homestuck costumes in over a year, their last homestuck picture was a selfie from katsucon.
>>
>>8791477
Actually both Striderian and Gilbo have more new cosplays this year than Crowmunist, so that's a weird claim to make. Crowmunist has more photos sure but every single one is from old 2014 costumes with the sole exception of Potterstuck Rose from Katsucon (which imo is a very low effort cosplay). If you scroll back to 2014 in her cosplay tag there's professional looking photos of everything else in Crunchy's list. She's just not active and it's biased to keep her on for a few new photoshoots of default Dave Strider when we're booting old cosplayers who actually made new cosplays this year.
>>
>>8791538
Trollcops was new wasn't it? I don't know if her Damara was new or a re-wear.
>>
>>8791539
what does striderian have thats new? i dont see anything in their cosplay tag. gilbo all i see post katsucon is the beach gamezee
>>
>>8791539
That's still content, though. Just like WIPs, tutorials and semi decent first wear selfies. Clean and decent photos count as content to put someone on the list (see Mitzuki-aizawa who post pretty much nothing but finalized shoots), so it should also go for content to keep someone on the list.
>>
>>8791560
I disagree, there comes a point where someone doesn't belong on the list if they aren't making any new cosplays and have no intention of every making new HS cosplays again. Striderian, Gilbo, and Crowmunist have all clearly moved on to other things so what's the point of keeping them around if we're never going to get a new costume, WIP, or tutorial out of them? This would be like adding Cifera back on if she suddenly started re-shooting all her old cosplays to get nicer photos.
>>
>>8791542
damara was from mid 2014, idk when trollcops was but it was posted in January. its the last homestuck in their tag except that one selfie from katsu. they were also selling a lot of their homestuck cosplays it seems.
>>
Just to settle the what's new vs what's re-shot debate, I checked all three of their cosplay tags for the oldest version of any cosplay posted in 2015. Each of them has one cosplay that was never posted before this year:

Striderian's trollcops Terezi is from Jan 2015.
Crowmunist's potterstuck Roxy is from Feb 2015.
Fromgilbowithawesome's swimstuck Gamzee is from June 2015.
>>
Genuinely curious, why do people like Crowmunist so much? People are fighting pretty hard to keep her on the list but personally I've never been impressed with her content. Is it because she's pretty? Is she really nice IRL?
>>
>>8791575
i know crowmunist did vriska at katsucon but i dont think they have any pictures of it.
>>
>>8791586
Now that you mention it, I think she made a new dave god tier for Katsucon too.

>>8791525
Complexity isn't a requirement for pretty tier. We're dropping Striderian predominantly for lack of good photos. Plus her name was a fairly recent addition to the list. Crowmunist has been on for a couple years now. It won't kill us to keep her on for a couple more months to see if she does anything new since she's clearly still involved in HS cosplay in some way.
>>
>>8791584
i haven't been commenting really, but they seemed pretty cool to me irl? im not particularly close with them or anything tho.
>>
>>8791584
Their blog is pretty neat even outside of actual cosplay. They do clean stuff, clean shoots, are pretty level eaded and a nice inbetween of tumblr and /cgl/.
Also they and Pearlgirl were dating at the beginning of the year. A shame it didn't seem to work out.

They seem pretty specific about their public image, too. Removing old posts and whatnot. I can't seem to find the davejade they did with Pearlgirl. Same goes for the upd8 comment which seems to just be all gone.

>>8791596
They've been on the list since mid -14 if I remember correctly, but was brought up on suggestion before that.
>>
>>8791596
>I think she made a new dave god tier for Katsucon too.
Anon from >>8791575 here, there's shots of that from previous years but she did re-wear it.
>>
>>8791584
I've met her a few times. She's nice and outgoing but notoriously flaky and follows the trends. Like >>8791604 said she's very concerned with her public image and has been trying to build up a fanbase lately.
>>
>>8791584
>>8791615
i knew it wouldn't take long for this thread to derail into bait and here we are
>>
>>8791610
i think what anon is referring to is that they remade their gt dave cape for for katsucon if i remember right.
>>
File: 1445183351293.jpg (68KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
1445183351293.jpg
68KB, 640x411px
>>8790451
Sweet! I agree that we should replace the photos, though.
Also, it feels as if there should be more people on this? It looks pretty thin.

>>8791619
As long as we're not discussing the circumference of their thighs or the specifics of their lovelife I'm pretty sure it's not derailment. It's pretty relevant, really, since we're discussing blogs.

Pic unrelated, but another shot from this year I didn't get to dump in the last thread.

>>8791621
I'm pretty sure that such an insignificant remake doesn't count for much.

>>8791566
Well, whether Crowmunist personally moved on or not isn't really relevant if they still post Homestuck content? Reshooting costumes isn't really enough to put someone ON the list, but I definitely think it counts for keeping someone there. Hell, half of Yaexraes costumes this year was new content of old cosplays (the joke here is that Yaexrae did two Homestuck cosplays period).

Virulentmalapropisms and Periodicallypapaya are also rewearing and reshooting, but they had even less content than Crowmunist. If we're removing Crowmunist, it only makes sense to remove them as well (unless the two dresses were new, but I'm not sure they were).
>>
>>8790451
minor nitpick that dosnt really matter: MA, pearl and fraubeilschmidt still say cosplay since 2014, i think its suposed to be 'cosplay since 2015' like the others.
>>
>>8791621
I mean maybe? They look similar but it's hard to tell if the cape is new without the hood up in the old set. They don't post any progress so I can't tell if this cosplay's been updated or not. http://crowmunist.tumblr.com/post/81030896853/meenah-youre-uh-meenah-human-whats-his-cape
>>
>>8791626
Virulentmalapropisms and Periodicallypapaya are both being bumped down I think, since we agreed to take that route for inactive current BNFs. The problem with Crowmunist, Fromgilbo, and Striderian is that they're already at the bottom tier so the only way to bump them down for lack of new cosplay is to remove them.
>>
>>8791639
We're bumping higher tiers down without removing them because higher tiers have additional output expectations beyond nice pictures and clean cosplays. Virulentmalapropisms, periodicallypapaya, and crowmunist are all still posting Homestuck. Striderian and Gilbo are not and haven't been for a long time by the look of Crunchy's report. That's the difference.
>>
File: tumblr_o096guVIlJ1rothkko1_1280.jpg (444KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o096guVIlJ1rothkko1_1280.jpg
444KB, 1280x1920px
>>8791639
Personally IDK about bumping down, though. When I initially did the reviews the focus of pretty tier was pretty much "many cosplays with decent photos, but not neccessarily very advanced ones", whereas midtier was also about more advanced ones where cosplay help and WIPs were prevalent. If we decide that pretty tier is also about good quality cosplays with low output, then, in all honesty? Yaexrae probably belongs there too.

The old list doesn't specifically say that midtier is fewer, but better, but that's generally been the consensus. Doing mid-level cosplays is alright if they're numerous, if you do few cosplays, they're expected to be of higher quality.

But then again, both Mitsuki Aizawa and Caledbuttscratch break this trend, so maybe that's just me being hooked up on it.

Maybe we could actually make clear cut definitions, and listanon could put them onto the list, so this becomes less of a topic?

>>8791648
Essentially. While Fromgilbowithawesome is a 100% cosplay blog, it's also worth noting that Crowmunist still post Homestuck on their blog (but that might just have been their queue). The same also goes for Striderian, but Striderian haven't done any HS cosplay.

Also, here's a photo from Virulentmalapropisms from two weeks ago, but they haven't reblogged any Homestuck in over a year it seems. Periodicallypapaya is a bit more recent.
>>
>>8791667
>Maybe we could actually make clear cut definitions, and listanon could put them onto the list, so this becomes less of a topic?

I think this is a great idea.... everyone seems to have their own idea of what the tiers mean which is probably causing the argument over where crowmunist belongs.
>>
>>8791671
I did appreciate how the original list had a few clues as to what the criteria were when populating the tiers.
>>
>>8791673
It's funny looking back at what the criteria used to be. Drama was a big factor, whereas number of cosplays wasn't at all:

>God tier: consistently great, good tutorials, high craftsmanship, cool/drama free

>Mid tier: good number of costumes, variety of costumes, average to good craftsmanship, may have drama

>Pretty tier: attractive or has good photos, average to low craftsmanship, only does basic outfits, may be involved in drama
>>
>>8791667
>>8791671
Maybe we should get rid of tiers altogether and just have a regular list of names that contribute to Homestuck. Then we wouldn't have to argue about Yaexrae either. Less of a hierarchy and more of just a group so we don't always have to talk about who goes where, we can just say whether they make it or not.
>>
>>8791681
Yah, you'd like that wouldn't you pretty tier? You stay in the bottom caste where you belong.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 500x271px
>>8791681
>>
>>8791685
I kid, but this is not the worst idea at this stage of the fandom.
>>
>>8791681
i like the curent list structure. we may someday have to get rid of god tier if cbc stops making homestuck cosplays but for now its good.
>>8791685
LMAO
>>
>>8791667
i think the old rules still apply somewhat, but are just general guidelines that are flexable. ultimately it comes down to a combination of quality and quantity.
>>
>>8791685
Just because there wouldn't be tiers doesn't mean some cosplayers wouldn't be objectively better than others. All of our list discussion seems to revolve around where to put people, and the idea of restructuring criteria for a few days sounds so fucking tedious. If it were just a collection, we wouldn't have to bother with any of that, it would just be a yes or no process and we wouldn't spend entire threads trying to figure out which cosplayer fits which requirements by whose interpretation. Just a suggestion to simplify things.
>>
>>8791705
i dont think it would change anything, we never really argue where someone belongs so much as argue if someone should be on the list or not. we would still be arguing about crowmunist even without tiers.
>>
>>8791671
I'm almost thinking like a grid system.

>Quality
>Quantity
>Variety

applied to

>Cosplays
>Cosplay help and WIPs
>Content (photos, CMVs, etc.)

A few examples.

>>8791681
>>8791705
This is also a very valid point and makes things way easier for everyone. Maybe just throw a few lines about their qualities instead. If you want some sort of split anyway you could do a "yes" and "maybe" division, putting up-and-comings and on-their-way-out-maybes in the second.

Pic related also made me realize that Pyropi is hanging pretty low as far as midtier goes.

>>8791685
Lmao.
>>
>>8791711
grid system sounds like a lot more work filling out all those spots. i like the sound of the system we have now a lot better.
i think we should just leave the list as is now.
>>
>>8791711
Interesting in theory, but a bit tedious in practice. The current list is set up very simply and it works really well to let people know what to expect from the cosplayers based on their tier placement. I think that's good enough.
>>
>>8791716
Yeah that's just me being a orderly dork.
Honestly, I think that ridding of the tiers seem pretty relevant and in line with how the fandom has changed. Just compare the amount of names on the list right now to the amount of names on the original list.
The most efficent for everyone involved would probably just be a tierless list in alphabetic order with a quick few pros and cons. The grid system is mostly interesting when it comes to comparing names to each other.

And just for funsies, here's a photo that might've gotten Catw1ngs on the original list.
>>
lets just keep this list >>8790451 as is. maybe put crowmunist back on since a few anons seem pretty adamant about it and if crowmunist/Virulentmalapropisms/Periodicallypapaya dont have any serious new content next spring we'll cut them.
>>
>>8791722
The indirect comparison of cosplayers I think it's important to the list - not because we need to know which people are better or anything, but it further solidifies exactly which criteria are valued in people on the list and to what degree those efforts in which can set them apart.

If we had just an alphabetical list, yes, you could gather the same thing, but it wouldn't be as easy to pick up for people who know nothing about these cosplayers or Homestuck cosplay in general.
>>
>>8791722
i could see us merging god tier and mid tier in the future if they thin out too much but we're not there yet. even though the list is smaller then two years ago its actually the same number of people as a year ago.
>>
>>8791729
This is my thought too... if anything something like the grid would be useful for having some hard criteria (ie, to be on pretty tier you must have 3 medium-high points, to be on mid tier you must have 3 mediums, 3 highs etc). Or more simply, you must have a certain number of medium/highs to be on the general list at all, and we punt the tiers. Some people value quantity over content and visa versa, so this would be an easy way to quantify who stays and goes.

That being said this sounds like a lot of work. If Crunchy ever bows out of the listmaking I don't know if anyone else would pick up the slack.
>>
>>8791752
i think board consensus is a much simpler way, and better then 'scoring' people. we wouldnt have to just argue about who to put on but argue over individual scores. that sounds incredibly tedious in practice.
>>
>>8791723
I think this is fair. Like >>8791626
and a couple others have said, content is content. Rewearing and reshooting can't keep them on the list forever, but it should keep them on for now. We can check all three later in the year and if none of them have anything new to show for it, then we can remove them.
>>
yeah. let us not be lead astray. maybe someday if the list thins out we'll have to restructure a bit but right now its good. no need to make things overly complicated. if we are on the fence about crowmunist we can wait to cut them, otherwise the current list is good.
>>
Can we ask Crunchy to pull ourselves off the list?
>>
>>8792101

Yes, that's happened a couple times. I don't remember what the junk email was but people have emailed crunchy. Although you might as well just selfpost because crunchy rolling in and saying "let's remove so and so", it's going to be pretty obvious.
>>
>>8792101
[email protected] i think
but what >>8792107 said
>>
>>8792101
>>8792139 got it. It's not an adress I check regularly, though, so you should probably tell me if you're trying to come in contact with me. Both times people asked to be taken off it was more along the lines of "if it is brought up", as not to cause drama. But as we're still discussing it right now... Well, unless you've anything specific you want to ask me about (or you want to talk to me in general, I suppose), you might as well selfpost. Hanyaan did that and was removed.
>>
>>8792454
What's in a name.

Also: Just for the record, it seems that Hidemyerror and Imploder are cosplaying cherub siblings trollsonas, and that Sioxanne did a ministrife Porrim since I did the writeups.
>>
>>8792459
thats sperocor not imploder!
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>8792628
Agh. Names. Oh well, he looks pretty cute.
>>
>>8792673
I really hate this wig.
>>
File: IMG_4463 copy.jpg (4MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4463 copy.jpg
4MB, 3000x2000px
>>8792459
VM here. Have an unposted image as proof.

I have very little time to cosplay because of a difficult double major at a difficult college, so just take me out.

(Would anyone mind if I self post some more shoot photos I never dumped on tumblr? Thread seems dead besides the whole list stuff.)
>>
>>8792771
sure post away! (also good luck with with school i know the feel, iv failed a few exams for cosplay cosplay >.>)
>>
>>8792771
Alright! If you say so yourself, I'm sure people don't mind taking you off the list (:

And sure. It looked like a fun shoot, and maybe it's just me but I feel as if accurate starter cosplays of the kids are pretty rare, so it was fun seeing you do that.
>>
>>8792865
idk why i said cosplay twice....
>>
>>8792865
>>8792923
Failing your exams might have something to do with it.
>>
File: IMG_4323 copy.jpg (4MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4323 copy.jpg
4MB, 2000x3000px
>>8792913

Yeah, I actually have a lot of simple starter cosplays sitting in my closet, and I really wish I had a chance to shoot them. I feel like starters give you more of a chance to explore character dynamics and be silly in the shoot.
>>
File: IMG_4363 copy.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4363 copy.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>8794303
>>
File: IMG_3944 copy s.jpg (664KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3944 copy s.jpg
664KB, 1500x1000px
>>8794304
>>
File: IMG_4503 copy.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4503 copy.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>
File: IMG_4516 copy.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4516 copy.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>8794326
>>
>>8794303
>>8794304
>>8794313
These are really cute. I hope you're not dropping cosplay for good while you're in school, but the workload can be prohibitive so I completely understand why you'd take a step back.
>>
File: IMG_4534 copy S.jpg (1MB, 1728x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4534 copy S.jpg
1MB, 1728x2592px
>>8794965
I'm definitely not dropping cosplay entirely, but the whole location move and 16-20 credit semesters thing has been rough, especially for scheduling shoots and con going. Not gonna lie, I miss it a lot, especially when I get to deal with people at a top college being egoistic jerks all year.

On a lighter note: we were playing Hatoful Boyfriend in this shot.
>>
>>8792771
VM these are so cute! Thank you for enriching our lives with saccharine John/Rose nonsense (with a necessary Rosemary shot thrown in).

>speaking as a fellow azn who's always been envious of your ability to pull off blonde hair
>I probably fail because my eyebrows are too thick and I'm not willing to pluck them for a costume?

Good luck with college, too. It looms into the future like a neverending wasteland, but it goes by really fast! I still managed to squeeze in a summer con each year while working part-time and participating in an extracurricular organisation, but I was also only a single major in biosci.
>>
>>8787414
Curious why Gemiblu is on the shit tier.
>>
>>8796741
Because 2-3 years ago Gemiblu was part of the trash heap known as Bostonstuck. See also: Drunkroxy/Psychedelicpaprika
>>
>>8787414
>Hanyaan and Cifera were once God Tier

Now those two would belong in a hall of fame.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 900x600px
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 641x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 641x968px
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 641x960px
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 498x750px
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 500x750px
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 500x750px
>>
>>8797621
>Oh look it's Mookie
>>
>>8797621
>mint shoes

But why
>>
>>8797633
That's pretty cute.
>>
>>8797621
I'll never get over how ugly she looked in this set. Was it the paint? Her face? Both?
>>
>>8797791

Both. Mookie has a weird face to start and then didn't do shit with her makeup.
>>
File: tumblr_nuqohf18c51qgg53uo3_1280.png (912KB, 1280x689px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqohf18c51qgg53uo3_1280.png
912KB, 1280x689px
>>
File: tumblr_nuqohf18c51qgg53uo2_1280.jpg (423KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqohf18c51qgg53uo2_1280.jpg
423KB, 1200x1800px
>>
File: tumblr_o0i9k7PyRe1qehjt5o1_1280.jpg (455KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0i9k7PyRe1qehjt5o1_1280.jpg
455KB, 1280x829px
>>
File: tumblr_o0ewemyrA81uc5koyo1_1280.jpg (560KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ewemyrA81uc5koyo1_1280.jpg
560KB, 1280x1707px
>>
File: tumblr_o0i6mgRWWM1re0530o3_1280.jpg (464KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0i6mgRWWM1re0530o3_1280.jpg
464KB, 1280x1920px
>>
>>8790924
i think this got burred in the crowmunist argument. good idea? bad idea?
>>
>>8800608
Good idea. That's the whole point of the list in the first place (to promote people to people new to the thread I mean).
>>
>>8799932
>all those rolling edges
>>
>>8800631
>>8800608
Sounds fine by me. How recent is the list in the OP image? And Crunchy Anon is working on making a more recent list right?
>>
>>8801235
List anon made an updated list here: >>8790451

The only thing I'd suggest is to also update the people already on the list with Crunchy anon's most recent summaries from this thread.
>>
>>8801235
thats from about a year ago.
we just made a new one >>8790451 although its not 100% final. we need to remove VM and we debated keeping crowmunist. (list-chan makes the lists, crunchy just reports)
>>
File: tumblr_nqvw2a1khs1r35os0o4_1280.jpg (226KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqvw2a1khs1r35os0o4_1280.jpg
226KB, 600x900px
>>8801235
As >>8801274 and >>8801276 said.

Meanwhile, posting some candidates for photos for the updated list, starting with God Tier.
>>
File: tumblr_nufr8cLO2u1r35os0o2_1280.jpg (197KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nufr8cLO2u1r35os0o2_1280.jpg
197KB, 664x1000px
Jesus Christ someone kick me I'm a failure at tripfagging.

Hhhhammy.
>>
Gothichamlet
>>
>>8801301
Gothichamlet doesn't have any solo photos from this past year, does she? (In HS cosplay I mean)
>>
>>8801337
There's the Sollux with the scleras, but nothing aside from that, no. At least not that I found.

Same goes for Pyropi, but it seems to me like they've been plenty busy with other stuff this year, looking at their general notes. I'd still suggest this over their OC, because even if their OC is clean, if the list is for reference it's not a very good point or reference haha.
>>
>>8801358
Looking at Pyropis blog*

Pearlybae
>>
File: tumblr_nnsw7eieUM1qhc1x7o2_1280.jpg (352KB, 624x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnsw7eieUM1qhc1x7o2_1280.jpg
352KB, 624x900px
>>8801337
Pic related is in her tag but IIRC these are new photos from an old shoot.
>>
>>8801444
Are you saying there's more photos from that beach shoot? 'Cause I've seen that one you just posted already.
>>
>>8801453
There's a few yeah. They're under "beachstuck".
>>
>>8801363
that hand ew
>>
>>8801947
>highlights omg EEEEWWWWWW
>>
>>8801947
>not knowing or caring that skin gets blotchy like that after prolonged exposure to cold
How thirsty for salt do you have to be to enlarge an image, find nothing to critique, and go after skin discoloration from the temperature instead? What's your beef with Pearl? Did she turn you down or something?
>>
>>8801986
I think its that shes fat
>>
>>8802060
Being overweight doesn't affect the quality of her cosplays. You've been pulling this for a year and no one ever agrees with you. It's time to move on, bro.
>>
>>8802060
Is she?
>>
>>8801950
>>8801986
>>8802070
>>8802093
so many whiteknights
>>
>>8802117
Why do you have it out for her?
>>
>>8802117
>Mistaking whiteknighting for calling out a vendettachan
>>
>>8801947
>>8802060
>>8802117
So much samefag.
>>
How the fuck are people not sick of beating this dead horse of a fandom yet?
>>
>>8802145
The same could be said about any fandom really.
>>
>>8802147
I really just dont understand why people cosplay this con after con. Nobody cares about it anymore besides the autists who do it because its easy and quirky
>>
>>8802145
gr8 b8 my m7.9
>>
>>8802145
it's a surprisingly large horse with an iron constitution
>>
how ironic that this very fandom would be likened to a horse. you dont follow that? just think it over.
>>
>>8802159
Especially as >>8802154 put it, one with an... iron constitution
>>
>>8802154
also the damn thing is so sweaty it keeps slipping away every time you try and beat it into the ground
>>
>>8802154
Many horses, and all of them iron.
>>
>16 cosplayers in the op image
>63 posters in the thread
Alright, anons of HSG. What excuses do you have for not being list material?
>>
>>8802180
fat and poor
>>
>>8802180
Let's discuss this in a new thread. So... new thread:

>>8802189
>>
File: our_hero.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
our_hero.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>8802180
tfw ur list
>>
>>8802200

High fives, bro
>>
>>8802200
>>8802253
Can I join in on this list circlejerk?
>>
>>8802200
Thumbs up to you sir
>>
>>8802299
that depends. do you only cosplay canon? do you cosplay correctly and with a passion? do you never wear masks?
>>
>>8802501
I follow kumashiro's guide on how to not make your HS cosplays look cheap.
>>
It's way too easy to pick out the oldfag BNFs from the new ones. Obvious identities are obvious.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.