[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to make yourself look nice, even though you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Is there a way to make yourself look nice, even though you're overweight and chubby?
Like this dude. The costume seems fine, but the way he looks and the way he is photographed make everything look like shit.
Is there a way to avoid looking like a pear shaped piece of mozarella?
>>
Shapewear, makeup, wigs.
>>
Angles angles angles. Three-quarters angle with camera slightly above you works wonders.
>>
>>8766757
lose weight

flattering angles

Slightly warm lighting so you don't look pale and sick

better posture, That guy should roll his shoulders back and lift his head head up, instead he just threw his neck back.

Make-up.

Get the photographer to stand back and zoom in. this will slim the face and make you look taller (mirrors give a similar effect, if you've ever wondered why you look better in the mirror than in photos that's why)
>>
>>8766808
Oh and i forgot to say, the fit is everything. This goes for every day clothes too. Always always always make sure your costume fits you perfectly, like a tailored suit.
>>
>>8766757
Get proper fitting clothes for one. That costume is grossly ill fitting.
>>
>>8766819
>Get proper fitting clothes for one. That costume is grossly ill fitting.
What are the secrets to fitting clothes?
Stuff is either too large or too small for me.
>>
>>8766834
Honestly, they rarely make fitting or flattering clothes for heavy people. If you know how to sew you can do it yourself, or you can hit up a tailor and have them make your clothing fit more. There's also body types and sillouhetes to think about. Assuming you are a girl, where your skirt falls on your waist and thighs, for one, will drastically improve your look and seem slimming. Do some research on apple and pear body types and clothing.
>>
>>8766834
The secret is you buy clothes to fit the biggest part of you then take it to a tailor or do some tailoring yourself. Off the peg clothes fit no one perfectly.
>>
>>8766858
>>8766849
Thanks, I have no idea about tailoring, any tutorials on that?
>>
>>8766757
>nice, even though you're overweight and chubby?
no
>>
File: 11413-004-D9FFDA51.jpg (25KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
11413-004-D9FFDA51.jpg
25KB, 316x450px
>>8766885
To be fair göring made it work.
>>
>>8766867
Google around for picture tutorials, but if you want to legit learn how to tailor things I suggest taking a class unless you have prior experience due to cosplay. Check your local Joanns or fabric store if they are offering them, and there is also:
>http://www.craftsy.com/class/tailoring-ready-to-wear/170

Your quickest bet would be to take it to the dry cleaners or local tailor and have them do it for you, it's not that expensive unless you're getting a wedding dress or something done.
>>
>>8766757
Lose weight, fatty.
>>
I think everyone really already said it. blah blah blah lose weight etc. whatever, but there are ways you can work the camera to make yourself look more flattering. knowing your angles is very key - this will take some practice but it's worth taking the time to figure out which angles and poses flatter you the most. clothes that are tailored to suit your body type will definitely flatter anyone though. I'm not too sure about male body types but you probably will want to do some google research on that.

in OP's pic, the main things that make the pics so unflattering are the angle, the bad lighting + camera flash, and the poorly tailored suit. it's just too lose and floppy, and with pretty much all military uniforms like that you really want a crisp, tailored, fitted look. SS uniforms were highly tailored which imo is part of the reason everyone loves them so much (whether they admit it or not) - the fit was just really nice! when it comes to suits like this, it's best to get them a bit larger than you need or at least properly fitting in the shoulders, and then get the rest tailored. again i'm not an expert on menswear so doing some research on google probably will have more specific answers.

shapewear is also helpful in kind of "tightening up" the way your body looks - even if your big it will look nicer when shapewear kinda pulls up all your loose bits.

>>8766808
oh god, posture is so important. hunching over and shit makes you look so much bigger than you truly are.
>>
File: SuitFit-1.jpg (281KB, 854x755px) Image search: [Google]
SuitFit-1.jpg
281KB, 854x755px
>>8766867
>>8766867
Honestly, its not very easy. You need to have an understanding of men's fashion, different cuts, styles etc and how they're supposed to fit. You can definitely teach yourself but it might take a while to learn.

Also are we talking about clothes or costumes here? I suppose with costumes you are limited to what the character is wearing, but with clothes, always choose a style that's flattering on your body type.

Going to a good tailor is worth it and better than doing it yourself as a good tailor should also be capable of not just tailoring your clothes but adding padding where/if needed which can be helpful if you're shaped like a potato.
>>
File: TailorEffect.jpg (691KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
TailorEffect.jpg
691KB, 1800x900px
>>8767686
Also, all clothes not just suits etc can and should be tailored. Including casual clothes. Chubby guys have this incredibly annoying habit of wearing clothes that are WAY too big for them hoping that it will hide their fat and make them look better but in reality you just end up looking messy and twice as big as you are.

Anyway, if you really wanna try tailoring yourself start with some of your casual inexpensive clothes and see how that goes.
>>
>>8767686
Proper fit applies to costumes when picking patterns. Different cuts of jackets and shirts will achieve different looks. If you have a boxy shape using a princess seam will create a more feminine look. You might adjust the length or type of skirt on your costume based on what will look good on you not a 2D character
>>
>>8766808
>if you've ever wondered why you look better in the mirror than in photos that's why)
You have enlightened me on something that has been haunting me for years.
>>
>>8768004
also the fact that in day to day life you only see the mirror image of yourself and become familiar with that whereas when you look at yourself in photos the image is flipped and you're not so familiar with your own face anymore such that you think you look bad but nobody else really sees it (as they see you just as in the photo)
>>
File: Portrait-Focal-Length-II.jpg (2MB, 2324x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait-Focal-Length-II.jpg
2MB, 2324x1728px
>>8768004
>>
>>8766757
by eating dick
>>
>>8767017
Anyone can look good with Hugo Boss and angles
>>
>>8767696
That's a pretty incredible difference.

>>8768064
I tried to do some google research, but I couldn't figure out what this picture means. I feel like the woman looks best at 100mm, and of course worst at 24mm. What is the reason for this? How does it work? Is this why camera phones make you look like your nose is 70 feet long?

Sorry for being retarded, I'm just curious.
>>
>>8768446
Simply put, smaller focal lengths capture a wider angle. Phone cameras generally have ridiculously low focal lengths. Yes, this is why your nose looks 6'.
>>
>>8768409
All the more reasoning for how angles and tailoring can help you look better or worse.
>>
>>8766757
He needs a beard
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.