[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 111

File: help.jpg (20KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
20KB, 400x244px
Last one is saging.
>>
File: sf4-honda.jpg (206KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
sf4-honda.jpg
206KB, 800x1100px
I want to cosplay pick related.

Any suggestions?
>>
Want a very large red bow, anyone know where to find one?
>>
File: jesus.png (18KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
18KB, 100x100px
>>8766423
Is the last help thread gone? I wanted to post the questions unanswered and answer the ones I can't but I can't find it.

>>8768623
Did you try the suggestion thread first for that? Are you a big guy? I hope you are not a girl trying to do that. For the feet you would need invisible shoes so you don't walk around barefooted and/or take off your shoes during photos. For the bottom half you would need something to cover close to your knees like the game and some kind of fundashi or male type underwear. Hope this helps.

>>8768634
Ebay/Taobao/Walmart. Something for your head or just in general? You can find giant red bows almost anywhere hun.

>>8768660
How manly? If you mean bara please don't unless your outfit is 100% on point. It's not that hard to cosplay as Bridget as a man. My suggestion is do the Vastedge/slot machine version. If you don't know what Guilty Gear Vastedge XT or what Guilty Gear is in general outside of 'lol Bridget' I suggest you brush up on the lore so you don't seem like 'one of those people.'
>>
Testing
>>8766114
It's winter time so try any clothing store, "(Kohl's/Target/Walmart) Ebay, Aliexpress, or Taobao. You better do it now because Spring is coming in a few months.
>>
File: fuck everything.png (17KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
fuck everything.png
17KB, 100x100px
Reposting all unanswered questions. Check here first to see if I answered your question if you are from the last help thread.
>>8762397
I'm the same anon who asked what character you are doing.

If you want to do Mikleo do basic contouring and some high lights to get a more male nose. Don't cake on the makeup. Make sure to do the other stuff like use moisturizer/etc. You don't need a lot makeup wise; you just need to make sure that your shoulders are more 'manly' along with using a binder. So probably minimum around the cheeks and nose area.

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/tutorials/crossplayfm is funny enough and helpful.

I cosplay as dudes a lot recently and I'm starting to get into it myself.

>>8766427
Kamen Rider/Super Sentai gull if you want to start making helmets you need to know how to pepakura and/or use models and what material you want to use (Foam/cardboard/silicone/etc.)
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9trucTBkHTM
Those are pointers. There are a ton of tutorials so if you need more let someone know here.

>>8757076
>>8757277
>>8757296
>>8765313
Just hand wash the OTK socks? I mean some I had no problems washing on their own on the lowest setting (and when I mean on their own I mean on their own) but honestly do you want to do that and waste water and detergent?
>>8740561
>>8740233
>>8740854
>>8741306
>>8742775
>>8743996
>>8747195
If I missed your question I apologize. Repost it!
>>
File: 1327304689262.png (335KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1327304689262.png
335KB, 2560x1600px
Can anyone recommend some more characters with "blind" white out eyes? I like to have a few characters that I can use lens for to justify buying them.
For reference, I'm a short and young looking girl. I'm open to crossplay but I won't be able to pull of mature men very well.
>>
>>8769370
Blind Mag from Repo! The Genetic Opera
Storm from X-Men
Dezel from Tales of Zestiria, though that's a crossplay
I think some Homestucks have them too
>>
File: kaiki.jpg (34KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
kaiki.jpg
34KB, 630x354px
is there any way to do a Kaiki cosplay without it just looking like a random closet cosplay?
>>
>>8770508
You would need to make sure the wig is down to the tee, and have very very pale make up on and undereye shadow/lashes. The colors would need to be on point as well. Props would also make it more recognizable.
>>
>>8769370
Master Po from Kung Fu (1972)
>>
File: gorey.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
gorey.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Last Halloween I went as pic related. Now I'm going to this danceshow called "freaqshow" which, as the name kinda suggests, has a theme. This year it's a kind of "bal masqué horror" together with creepy masks. I have no idea how to make a awesome combination between gore make-up and a mask. Any help?
>>
File: Безымянный.png (257KB, 470x433px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
257KB, 470x433px
I asked that at Dumb questions thread few days ago, but no result. I'm kinda OCD, so I can't calm down and forget.
I would be very grateful for your help.

Can someone help me with character identification, please? She's on releated pic and there on 25:44 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nC-6p1oTg
>>
>>8770591
almost looks like a console-tan, with the buttons on her hair? I could be way off base though. Might be an original design of one so it's hard to say.
>>
>>8770591
Maybe hyperdimension neptunia?
Its pretty much all console tans
>>
>>8770599
>>8770607
Thank you for the general term! I think it'll help me so mush with further search.
>>
>>8770508
Take anything from the novels and add onto it. Maybe bring a white snake or something with you.
>>
Does anyone have tips on attaching a skirt to a corset? Should I do it before or after I add boning? I was initially thinking to make both pieces separately and attach them, but I'm worried about sewing over steel bones.
>>
Where can I find boots like Sonico's? I have smaller legs and definitely need the lace up to make them form fitting
>>
File: image.jpg (439KB, 761x1030px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439KB, 761x1030px
Can I get any help on Serenity's sleeves?

I'm not really into quilting, so trying to avoid that route.
>>
File: kanami.png (74KB, 182x355px) Image search: [Google]
kanami.png
74KB, 182x355px
Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could find a plain jersey jacket and pants in a similar color and style to pic related? I'm fine adding in the details (white accents, etc.), I just can't for the life of me find anything remotely close.
>>
>>8773976
Have you tried looking up tracksuits, anon?
>>
>>8773136
I would just add Velcro or snaps if the two pieces must attach together.
>>
File: AH9183_fr_sc7.jpg (199KB, 1583x1583px) Image search: [Google]
AH9183_fr_sc7.jpg
199KB, 1583x1583px
>>8773976
champs sports
>>
How would one go about making a set of fake arms for a cosplay? It's not for sardonyx, but she's the first example I can think of. I've seen some pretty shitty arms, does anyone have tips on making them better?
>>
Any of you guys know how to make a morphsuit look like its electricity? Trying to do an electric character
>>
File: Genos_con_la_mano_alzada.png (415KB, 670x360px) Image search: [Google]
Genos_con_la_mano_alzada.png
415KB, 670x360px
So I'm thinking of doing genos and wondering if I should do the arms out of eva foam or sintra? This will be my first time making armor and I have no experience with either materials. Sintra looks so much better in my opinion but I know eva is more maneuverable and comfortable. Since it's going on my arms I need a material that won't restrict my range of motion too much.
>>
File: Ren.jpg (531KB, 1964x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ren.jpg
531KB, 1964x1500px
Thinking about cosplaying as Kylo Ren and I am stuck between two choice when it comes to where to buy it from. Unsure as to which is more screen accurate. These are the two places compared. Going to ditch the mask from both and get the black series one.
>>
File: BIlly Joe Cobra.jpg (102KB, 570x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BIlly Joe Cobra.jpg
102KB, 570x1200px
Need some help with picking the pieces for my Billy Joe Cobra Cosplay. The jacket seems like a mysterious classification and I can't find a polo/button shirt like the one he wears.
>>
>>8779621
Also, can't seem to find the shade of blue body paint needed
>>
>>8778817
Where are these from? I need his costume because reasons.
>>
File: vamp_115977-1600x1200.jpg (539KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vamp_115977-1600x1200.jpg
539KB, 1600x1200px
So I'm planning on cosplaying as Vamp from mgs4 and I needed some suggestions for the harness straps on his chest. I've already made them using parachute straps I purchased at an army surplus but like with SnK straps if I slouch or sit down the belts just droop and look like shit.

Would anyone with experience explain a way I could sew the belts in a way that it'll sit snug on my body without being 'too' tight or would it be a stupid idea to sew elastic to the underside of the belts?
>>
>>8779621
Looks like a cropped blazer or a cropped military jacket. You'll have to mix your own paint, go with Ben Nye or Kryolan brand. Don't paint your hands though it'll sweat off immediately and ruin your clothes. Use gloves.
You could probably just get a polo and alter it so it's button down.
>>
>>8779625
Left is from Xcoser and right is from costumebase.Watching a review I would definatly make my own belt and get the anvos mask. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QdjhyUWRk
>>
File: wignier.jpg (304KB, 883x548px) Image search: [Google]
wignier.jpg
304KB, 883x548px
Anything else i can/should do to this wig?
Thus far I cut the bangs, I can't really think of anything else that I'd need to do.

any suggestions?
>>
Would it be that bad if I use a black wig for this? I'm black and I feel like when I wear this color (and blonde shades) it looks awful and clashes with my skin horribly, or maybe I'm just overthinking?
>>
>>8780570
It doesn't have to be exactly this shade of orange, but I'd recommend staying at least in that color range, personally. Get a bunch of samples and see if there's a shade that looks better next to your skin tone. Just make sure to match your ears to it.
>>8780553
It's way too heavy looking on the sides, and your center chunk is too... chunky? Invest in a razor comb and use that to lighten up all the layers. Also, a texturing product will go a long way toward getting the lighter look the character has.
>>8776201
Keep in mind that with foam, if it flexes, a lot of times your paint will flex with it, often resulting in cracking and flaking off. I've used foam for similar things, you just have to be careful with placing the gaps where your joints will bend.
>>
>>8780579
I did use a razor comb, though I guess I could spread out the middle.
Also there isn't really a "lighter" look, it's just the lighting on the render.

also any sort of texture product you could recommend?

Wigs are my weakest subject.
>>
>>8780583
I mean lighter in terms of weight, not in color. Getting more into the shorter layers on top and fluffing them up will make it look lighter in those terms, matching the ref pic.
>>
File: NieR_Nier_Artwork.png (1MB, 1601x1727px) Image search: [Google]
NieR_Nier_Artwork.png
1MB, 1601x1727px
>>8780583
ah okay i get what you mean now.
What about in comparison to both the render and concept art? i know it looks less like the art, but I don't have time (or money) to get a new wig.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 384x384px
Does anyone know of an easy way I could go about making a donut costume?
>>
File: GSDDMatthew.jpg (393KB, 742x1567px) Image search: [Google]
GSDDMatthew.jpg
393KB, 742x1567px
Where does one find that style of 'adventurey' boot in a men's size? That one almost-knee high style that gets used for a lot of stuff (pic related...attack on titan...fire emblem...etc...)
>>
File: CharlieBrownChristmas1-541x346.jpg (58KB, 541x346px) Image search: [Google]
CharlieBrownChristmas1-541x346.jpg
58KB, 541x346px
What type of style of the jacket and hat are these?

Also, it'll still be cold come January and I got the tree already, it's on the way
>>
Can anyone suggest a good seamstress (like on etsy or storenvy) who will do custom clothes? LIke, I supply fabric/picture/measurements and they'll make it for me? I know people do this for cosplay but I was wondering if it was possible to do it for actual daily-wear clothes as well.
>>
What do you call this eye sticker thing in this video? I'd like to buy some but I can't find what the product is called.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaorfAkeQgI#t=1m03s
>>
Going to be starting making this tomorrow and I have two things I'm still a little stuck on.

1. Is the black skirt under the pleated skirt a petticoat or just a second skirt/slip with ruffles at the bottom? I had asked about this on my personal Facebook and people tied with what they thought it was.

2. For the ghost, I decided to make it in a similar method that people make fursuit heads so it's more light weight, but I can't think of a great way to attach it to the wig. Any suggestions for that? I had thought of sewing those hair combs things on its hands/mouth to stick into the wig but I haven't had much luck with those in the past with smaller headpieces.
>>
File: tumblr_ms01daXv2w1sgsvr0o1_1280.jpg (181KB, 598x399px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms01daXv2w1sgsvr0o1_1280.jpg
181KB, 598x399px
>>8773742
Worbla or foam over a fabric shell. Here's the dress Serenity's gown is modeled after. I've yet to see someone precisely replicate the sleeve so good luck.
>>
File: peanuts-trailer-2.png (962KB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
peanuts-trailer-2.png
962KB, 1366x738px
>>8782186
here's another reference.
>>
>>8780593
>tape neon inner tube to self
>electrical tape pieces as sprinkles
>???
>profit
>>
>>8773742
Ayeee I'm planning a Neo Queen Serenity cosplay next year (90's anime version tho so no sleeves)
I've seen a lot of people use worbla/ craft foam for the sleeves with varying results. If you use that approach you could possibly try covering each cut of the worbla with fabric by using a soldering iron or hot knife to cut the fabric pieces exactly/ seal the edges? don't use it on non-synthetics though or it'll singe.

My question, what's the best approach to Serenity's wig? Using Arda's chibi wig as a base and then making the buns / pigtails seems like the easiest route, but I'm worried that the classic fibers will tangle too much to be elegant (Unless I use some of that motions oil sheen spray to keep it detangled? Is that stuff any good?).

Is there another less tangly wig line that has a split part in the back as well, or am I just gonna have to glue a bunch of wefts in a normal wig to make one?
>>
File: Muffet.png (26KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
Muffet.png
26KB, 500x482px
What kind of fabric do you guys think would work best for this outfit?
>>
File: muffet2.png (258KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muffet2.png
258KB, 900x1080px
>>8782551
The sprite may make it hard to understand the design, here's another picture just in case
>>
Is is passe/desperate to wear fake muscles under a costume? If not, where do I get/how do I make said fake muscles?
>>
>>8782551
I think peachskin would work well, it has a really nice drape for things like this and sews easily.
Poly/cotton sateen would also work, but if you're not into the sheen you can just use the backside of it. Some sateens have a really nice 10% stretch for fitting.
>>
>>8782254
i think with a real petticoat underneath you might get too much poof for the pleats, but if you don't have the same amount of hips then I would just go with a petti.

For the ghost, if you REALLY want security then you can try making an armature underneath the wig and attaching the ghost to it in a similar fashion to this tutorial: https://arda-wigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/tutorial.pdf
if you want it removable, then maybe you can attach some super strong earth magnets on both the armature/ ghost since the ghost isn't terribly heavy?

>>8773680
if you just look up "lace up back boots" you have a lot of options open to you. if you're looking for these exact boots for a cosplay, you might be better off making them with boot covers or buying a pair like this, cutting out/ hemming the back, getting a grommet puncher, and then putting in your own grommets.
>>
>>8782604
Thank you so much for the idea and that tutorial on the armature! I think that would really work for this.

And I have 42 inch hips, and was also concerned about the petti pushing the pleats out, so maybe doing just an underskirt is the way to go. I super appreciate your input on this.
>>
File: Puella_Magi_Madoka.png (292KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Puella_Magi_Madoka.png
292KB, 640x480px
A friend wants to cosplay for the first time and wants to be the Madoka to my Mami in April of next year. She doesn't want to go through the pain of commissioning something when she doesn't know if she's going to like doing it. So she wants to do pre-made. Where would be the best place to buy an accurate (or as accurate as possible) full costume?
>>
>>8782650
Look around on taobao
>>
Bumping poor ignored important thread.
>>
>>8770607
that is not Neptunia
I can tell you that much
>>
I'm dressing up as Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty
I have a white wig and white shirt, how do I dye them light blue?
I cannot find blue dye anywhere apart from food colouring in any shop (tfw rural)
>>
How to cop /fa bf
>>
What you think is most iconic dragon age staff? Doing mage inqusitor cosplay and not sure what kinda staff to make.
>>
I'm at a loss for Cloud's (original 1997 design) belt, especially the metal bits around the edge. I tried making one out of vinyl, but it's just sticky and horrible. Anyone got any resources at all?
>>
>>8782579
Thank you! I'll look and see if I find the colors I need on peachskin
>>
>>8782805
Don't use vinyl. Make it out of foam and look at foam working tutorials.
>>
>>8783097
Her outfit is more formal so I could also definitely see velveteen being used on the top/non shorts part as well.

If you're having trouble finding the colors you need in all of those, my usual go-to for wide color selection and formal looking fabric is the wrong side of Joann's casa collection (not the best quality, but decent for how cheap it is with coupons).
Otherwise, fabric.com has duchess satin (use the backside probably), a variety of poplins (for more casual/matte approach), and taffetas.

>>8782186
I believe that's a hunting cap?

>>8781750
Just look up men's equestrian / riding boots on ebay or amazon, there's plenty in this style.

>>8782614
Glad I could be of help! I'd love to see it in the progress thread / self post thread when it's finished.
>>
File: image.png (44KB, 180x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44KB, 180x291px
I want to cosplay as captian falcons retro racing getup from Project M.

This would be my first cosplay.
I'd leave ouylt mic on the helmet and the falcons on the boots.

My biggest concerns are where to find materials for the jacket and pants, and how to make a nice looking helmet with the visor.

In the back of my head I to make this perfect, but I can settle. I have 4 months.
>>
File: ryu.jpg (132KB, 1181x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ryu.jpg
132KB, 1181x1050px
Anyone know where I could find the bag ryu carries?
>>
>>8783783
red motorbike helmet I guess
>>
Is there any way to hide dick bulge?

I'm cosplaying a character who basically wears long johns instead of pants, and I'm kinda hung
so whenever I put them in the bulge seems to be noticeable. I've tried tighter underwear and compression pants, but the bulge is still there and it makes he feel kinda awkward and I'm afraid its going to end up being super noticeable to others.
>>
>>8784337
>humblebrag
put an ice cube in there with it

more seriously, you could just tuck it in between your legs maybe? look up trans tucking or something. I doubt it's that noticeable anyway, girls don't know where to look for bulges usually
>>
>>8784109
What you want is a stuff sack.
>>
>>8784345
> I doubt it's that noticeable anyway
I hope that's the case and it's just me overworrying.
>>
>>8784337
Dance stores sell specific underwear for that sort of stuff. They're called dance belts.
>>
>>8784387
I looked into them, and there are no stores like that in my area. I would order one online, but it won't arrive in time for the con.
>>
File: Plague_illustration_plague.png (238KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Plague_illustration_plague.png
238KB, 1500x1500px
I want to cosplay Plague Knight for an upcoming convention. I've done simple costumes before, but I've never made masks or helmets. What would be the best material to use to make his mask? I was thinking craft foam, but I'm not sure if there's anything that would work better for something like this.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mt85pfW9Ry1qigfrr.png (157KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mt85pfW9Ry1qigfrr.png
157KB, 500x379px
Trying to find a good wig for Ken Ichijouji. I was looking at Arda's Westley in dark blue but now I'm having second thoughts about the color. It just seems a little.. too blue? Can anyone who's bought dark blue tell me if it would be good?
>>
File: image.png (430KB, 354x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430KB, 354x600px
I'm thinking of selling the wig I used for Rainbow Quartz, and I'd love if I could get some suggestions for what price to put it at. (in USD)

>lacefront
>approx $100 worth of items from Wigisfashion sewed together (platinum blonde lacefront customized to have twice the amount of fibers, light blonde wig, lilac and light pink extensions)
>recently washed/brushed through

Sorry for the shitty photo. I can upload photos that better show the pink/lilac if need be.
>>
Would a pair or two of dance tights cover up a tattoo? I want to cosplay Ryuko in her school uniform but the tattoo on my lower leg is pretty big.
>>
>>8785892
just learn to do coverups with foundation, or get very high denier tights (120 is opaque I believe)
>>
Do you think these shoes would be good for Miku? They're the least obscenely expensive option I could find.

http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Miku+Shoes+%28D199%29+from+Vocaloid

I've heard mixed things about CosplayFu, but my last experience with them was okay.
>>
>>8785968
Could you not scour around for a pair of similar black patent boots then paint the blue parts?
>>
>>8785968
Oh man anon, the shoes for her are really simple to make and it'll look a lot better if you make them yourself. Cosplay shoes are one of those things that's rarely ever gonna be cheap or look good if you buy them.
http://lolainprogress.deviantart.com/art/Making-thigh-high-boots-The-cheats-way-339994708 Here's the simplest route for thigh high boots.

>>8785892
One pair you'll still be able to see through slightly (I used to be able to see doodles on my legs during ballet class pretty clearly), but when you layer two pairs of dance tights you'll get some weird patterns on the tights from them stretching over each other. It's not noticeable at all though unless you're up close to it.
Tattoo-specific concealer might be the better route in this case.
>>
File: 1.jpg (50KB, 420x494px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
50KB, 420x494px
I really like this outfit of Kuroneko, but I have broad shoulders and a rectangle-shaped body. Would it look unflattering if I cosplayed this version of her? Never really did a sleeveless cosplay before.
>>
File: 2015-12-28_13-40-27.png (410KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28_13-40-27.png
410KB, 500x700px
I have pic related from Bobon21 and it doesn't fit around the thighs and it's especially uncomfortable to sit in. Is there any way to have it altered around the thighs or would it be too difficult?
>>
>>8786065
I have really broad shoulders too, and I find that if you just put some of the wig hair in front of you/ block out some of your shoulders it breaks up the silhouette well enough. Cut the wig hair going in front of you a bit shorter so it's not super annoying and won't cover up all of your dress.
>>
>>8786083
I'm sorry anon, but if it does not fit you, guess you mean it's too small around your thighs. That piece is made to only look good with stick thin thighs. It would look like shit otherwise, making you look even fatter.
>>
>>8786083
Not with that trim. Even without, it would ruin the look of pumpkin shorts to let out the gathering
>>
>>8785938
>>8785986

Thanks! I'll have a look with foundation/concealer, but if not dance tights it is.
>>
File: l369.jpg (211KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l369.jpg
211KB, 700x1200px
What's a good petticoat to wear with this bodyline skirt? I'm new to lolita and don't know where to start.
>>
>>8786452
Don't buy that skirt, buy the other version that doesn't have that awful satin along the bottom.
>>
>>8786456
ah, i thought there was a different, better looking version. can't find it tho
>>
>>8786456
nevermind found it i'm a dumbass

anyways i still dunno what the best petticoat is
>>
>>8786484
I really like Bunny House petticoats.
>>
>>8786484
melikestea or malco modes
>>
File: nazgulblutsmallest.jpg (2MB, 2304x3456px) Image search: [Google]
nazgulblutsmallest.jpg
2MB, 2304x3456px
I've been cosplaying as a Nazgûl a couple of times and I've run into one problem. The arms of my cloth robe keeps sliding off the metal gauntlets when I move around too much.
Since my vision is poor in the hood it's a real pain to get them back out ontop of the gauntlets again.
I was thinking of sewing velcro into the robe arms and onto the gauntlets.To keep them from sliding off like that.
But maybe there is a better solution?

Pic related
>>
File: 165 (1).jpg (398KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
165 (1).jpg
398KB, 990x660px
Any idea on how could I make platforms/heels like pic realted? Already tried the 'bunch of flip flops glued together' that you can find anywhere, but didn't work for me since the heel keep bending and made really difficult to walk that way. Also tried to have a real shoemaker making it for me but it ended in a small horror story. Thanks in advance.

>>8787050
What material are your gauntlets made of? velcro seems like a good option, or maybe a tight elastic arm inside the robe's arm?
>>
>>8786098
>>8786189

That's a shame, oh well. Thanks for replying anons! I'll stay away from their pumpkin pants that don't have elastic.
>>
File: mikucos.jpg (198KB, 1000x779px) Image search: [Google]
mikucos.jpg
198KB, 1000x779px
I can't decide if I should get a shiny Miku costume or an un-shiny one.
>>
>>8787158
Shiny usually looks cheap.
>>
I tried spraypainting the rubber bottom rim of my shoes for a cosplay, and the paint held up pretty well. It just cracked at the middle where my feet bend.

Is there some kind of sealant I can use to prevent cracking?
>>
>>8783108
Thanks for this, I have no idea why I wasn't using foam before. Much better.
>>
>>8787434
Maybe paint them with pepiko? Or modgepodge?
>>
File: IMAG0017.jpg (175KB, 1189x845px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0017.jpg
175KB, 1189x845px
I'm trying to make a huge witch hat using this tutorial that I found from the sticky

http://dust-bunny.deviantart.com/art/Witch-s-Hat-Tutorial-196772225

I taped a wire ring to a foam circle to see how well it would hold, and it does not hold very well. How can I make this brim stand firm? Do I need stronger wire, or look into making a wire frame with spokes?
>>
File: 2-7356.jpg (28KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
2-7356.jpg
28KB, 400x459px
shit picture, But how should i go about attaching her ruff (the heart shaped thing behind her head).

i dont want to make anything way too elaborate i was thinking maybe a harness ? The ruff is going to be made of a wire base with black mesh or fabric stretched around it.
>>
>>8788311
when you make the wire base, make a long U at the bottom of the heart and stick it inside the corset/dress when you wear it.
>>
>>8788092
Mod podge maybe, but I'm pretty sure "pepiko" is something you just made up.
>>
File: base shoe.png (82KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
base shoe.png
82KB, 482x315px
Best way to paint shoe soles???

I have these slip resistant shoes that I'm going to use for the base of my boot covers but I need the soles to be a different color. (I got these in black since that was the only color available and also I needed something slip-resistant since where I live is covered in ice half of the year).

I was thinking of priming and spray painting them but I've done that in the past with different shoes only to have them turn out sticky and they never fully dried. Would painting them by hand be better? Or maybe I didn't do it right.

Also it would be great if I could get the paint to stay instead of peel or flake off. But if there's no way to do that then I'll just reapply paint when needed. No biggie.
>>
File: chunky-wooden-shoes-lt1iirsq.jpg (117KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
chunky-wooden-shoes-lt1iirsq.jpg
117KB, 900x900px
>>8787112
Wood is the only thing I could think of. You'll need some power tools though, which really aren't that expensive.
>>
File: Malzahar.jpg (44KB, 398x620px) Image search: [Google]
Malzahar.jpg
44KB, 398x620px
Hello /cgl/ can you help me does shoulder armor to overlord malzahar cosplay. I can't do this element. Please help
>>
>>8788694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTmqsYbnoSU Should help
>>
>>8788571
Have you been trying outdoor spray paint? There's specific spray paint meant to stand up to the wear and tear of being outdoors (usually for patio furniture), so that might help with flaking/tackiness.
>>
Anyone know how to color or create patterns on stockings (nylon pref or other slightly see through'ish kinds)? I need pinstripes in an unusual color on nude.
>>
>>8785367
I'd say 75-80$ desu, especially if it's well done. In account for the time and money put into it.
Though, the Steven Jewniverse are a bunch of underage poor losers, so they might call you out or try to haggle you extremely low.
>>
File: image.jpg (885KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
885KB, 1536x2048px
Hey, /cgl. It's been a while. Not sure if this is the right thread, but we'll know soon enough.

Through a series of strange events, I have acquired a baby. He doesn't know it yet, but he WILL find himself in the cockpit of a cardboard robot; this is not open to debate, and I'm bigger than him.

But before I start mangling boxes, I thought I'd ask for insights and advice first. Anything I should know going ahead?
>>
>>8789618
What sort of experience do you have with this? It'd be helpful to narrow down possible useful advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>8789641
Let's see... Made some samurai-ish armor from a trash can, helped my wife make at least three pairs of hooves for various draenei, and some Infested Kerrigan wings from PVC pipe that spread out... kinda. I think that covers the fanciest things.
>>
File: Capture.png (503KB, 498x744px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
503KB, 498x744px
>>8788259
Foam isn't strong enough it will get even more flimsy when you add the weight of the cover fabric. For my black mage hat I used a thick stiff felt that's sold in the interfacing section and coat-hanger weight wire hot glued+taped to the edge. Yours looks even wider so you might need to add extra support by adding a wire ring around the head hole and have some wires radiating between the inner and outer circles.
>>
>>8787434
Start my coating it with a layar of plastidip which will give you a more flexible base and then paint it. Or use a latex-based paint.
>>
>>8766423
I made this thread >>8789875 and was redirected here.

So, thoughts on what I should do?
>>
>>8788593
Yeah have been thinking in that too. Guess is the best option I have for now. Will need to buy and learn how to use the tools. Thanks!
>>
Hey /cgl/ , I need some advice.
I'd like to do a cyborg style pirate costume and I'd like to know what I could use to "plug" cables into my "skin"
Thanks
>>
>>8790275
Probably spirit gum or liquid latex. You can build up a little port (or a healed scar) where the cables enter your skin to disguise the transition between skin and cable.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 500x313px
I used floral spray paint to paint some boots and ended up having to sand certain areas before I could do a second coat. I got busy with finals, and now it's too cold and snowy to go outside to paint.

Is there another good paint I could use on boots that I can actually use inside? Con is in a week and I'm panicking!
>>
>>8790324
Angelus leather paint. It's great, flexible and comes in a ton of colors. It doesn't have to be a leather base.
>>
>>8766423
My sugar daddy dropped me and now I can't afford burando. What do I do?
>>
>>8789794
Did you sew together multiple pieces of interfacing to get this? I went to Joann's today, the interfacing they had was all too narrow
>>
Keep alive
>>
>>8787112
Anon, just buy a pair. You won't be able to imitate the texture or do the stitchings properly on a hand made pair. Lace up leather boots aren't hard to find at all.
>>
I'm looking for a tutorial for making a crochet made crop top similar to this one but I can't find anything.

Didn't post it on the sewing tutorial because it's almost dead
>>
What would be the best material to use to cover my face from the inside of a helmet that I'd be able to see through easily?
>>
File: rurumo.jpg (191KB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
rurumo.jpg
191KB, 2048x1361px
How do I sew a hat brim like this? Where the fabrics don't overlap
>>
File: Chii_at_work.jpg (69KB, 448x884px) Image search: [Google]
Chii_at_work.jpg
69KB, 448x884px
Any one got advice on how to make Chii's hair separate the way it does in the anime? I'm more than a bit stumped on what to do besides lathering it in a shit ton of hairspray,
>>
>>8791585

take hairspray and a section of hair and twist that hair. it's how most japanese gyaru do it. Look for sujimori tutorials
>>
>>8791543
I did some training as a milliner. Your best bet for a hat that can't be sewn inside out due to solid materials inside is to tack the whole thing by hand and then topstitch by machine.
>>
>>8791786
>sujimori tutorials
Thanks! Those look really helpful, hopefully I can get the right affect going with it.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (281KB, 610x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
281KB, 610x512px
Apologies for the stupid question, but is there any way to 'uncrumple' this sleeve? I'm new at sewing and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it before remaking the sleeves completely. I think that they are really big, but I'm not sure at which areas I should try to take it in. Thanks in advance!
>>
Hi! I need two embroidered patches (different designs). Anyone know of any cheap places to get this done? Most places seem to want a bulk order.
>>
Sorry about the stupid question but what type of jacket are the characters wearing? The collar is really throwing me off.
>>
File: Miraculous-Ladybug-cover.jpg (43KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
Miraculous-Ladybug-cover.jpg
43KB, 300x327px
Does anyone know where to buy a good fabric for Ladybug's suit? I've been looking around for black and red polka dot fabrics but everything is either dull or the dots are small.

I don't mind losing the texture of her suit but the main thing is that I want it to be shiny. I suppose I could paint on the dots but even so I've never worked with a shiny stretch before outside of PVC (which I think won't work for this since the stuff I have was kind of thick and stiff) so any suggestions with a link would be nice.
>>
Are there any shoes similar to Faith's sneakers from Mirror's Edge Catalyst? In other pictures, her shoes look shiny like vinyl. I've only seen slip-on/laceless sneakers that are mesh.
>>
Don't know if this is the right thread, but I'm at a loss here.
I love (what you can see of) Ivy's third outfit in Batman & Robin, but the bottom half is really hard to see.
I want to cosplay it as accurate as possible.
Does anyone have any clear picture of the outfit?
I've already looked into the official comic and paper doll book, but they both don't even feature the look.
>>
>>8792849
I can't find a clear picture but maybe you can refer to the scene itself. You can change the quality of the video to 1080p. Good luck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d6vYpAcyE4
>>
>>8790752
Yeah quarter circles. Overlapping the pieces a bit or adding a scrap under where the pieces meet can help keep structure. You can use the foam piece as a pattern
>>
>>8787050
Velcro may be fine but also perhaps loops an inch or two below the cuff with string or elastic that can hook unto part of the gauntlet?
>>
>>8792390
Look for people on etsy who sell nerds patches or maybe search fiverr
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-21-07-51.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-21-07-51.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>8792894
Thanks! I have a clearer picture of her boots now!
>>
Hi gulls

I just placed a bid on a jsk, the only one I can probably afford this year. The last time I used Buyee I spent a week asking around if it was possible to mark down the package and nobody gave a straight answer; literally the day after I paid the shipping fee, someone told me you could indeed mark down but she couldn't remember how... I've paid 2 to 3 times retail and nearly $600 in customs for every dress I've bought in the last year; plz halp me not get buttfucked again. How do I mark down?? If it helps, Buyee is apparently affiliated with Tenso.
>>
Is there a material I can use to make a see-through eye band?
>>
>>8793010
Can I see a picture of the eye band?

I use buckram sometimes for see-through stuff, but it might not work for an eye band.
>>
File: knight of ren.jpg (29KB, 410x686px) Image search: [Google]
knight of ren.jpg
29KB, 410x686px
hi there.
I want to make this concept art Kylo Ren/Knight of Ren.
The main thing I'm having an issue with is the cloak. I dont know what sort of material it should be. Someone said It would look cool to go with a similar fabric than the final design for Kylo (chenille/basket weave), but it looks much thicker...Any recommendations?

Also, would anyone know of a pattern that is similar to the cloak so that I can make it myself? keep in mind it also has a hood.

Thank you!
>>
File: lee.jpg (48KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
48KB, 403x403px
>>8793761
It would be for a lee sin cosplay.
I'd need it to be see-through just enough to not run into stuff while moving around.
>>
>>8789065
>outdoor spray paint
Oooh yeah, that sounds like a good idea. thanks anon
>>
>>8792939
Have you tried emailing them and asking?
>>
>>8794257
Maybe some tulle?
>>
File: tumblr_np3udv5Rdq1si48w3o1_1280.png (384KB, 711x961px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np3udv5Rdq1si48w3o1_1280.png
384KB, 711x961px
Two things.

1. is it possible to buy this type of shirt and if so what is it called?

2. Would it be easier to make the cape from scratch or just buy a cheap yellow cape and add a collar?
>>
>>8794576
1. Try searching for "ruffled dress shirt"
2. Unless you think you can find the exact same fabric to make the collar out of, make the whole thing. If you buy a cheap cape and it ends up being some ridiculous sateen and you can't find a fabric match, you're screwed
>>
>>8792825
Try searching for climbing shoes.
>>
File: Pharoah_Atem.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pharoah_Atem.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
Two questions:

1) Best material for his gold? (Headpiece, earrings, collar, shoulder piece)

2) How would anyone recommend I attach his headpiece to my forehead? I've seen people just glue it to the wig but I'm also planning on using the with for a regular Yami cosplay, as well as Atem.
>>
>>8787158
un-shiny, looks better in photos and generally looks better quality overall
>>
>>8794031
The Jedi clothes look a lot like wool. The Sith clothes are probably wool too.
>>
File: cho_001.jpg (102KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
cho_001.jpg
102KB, 600x837px
I decided to cosplay Bayonetta at a con towards the end of this year. I dont really know where to start?!
The bodysuit is really throwing me off.
The wig, though difficult, I've found a tutorial that I'll have a shot at.
>>
>>8794925
Use extensions over a styrofoam base for the wig, anon. I did when I cosplayed Bayo and it was pretty sturdy.
>>
So I was asked by a family member to make an easter bunny costume. The suit part I can handle but the head seems like it will be difficult. Is a first attempt at a mascot head too difficult to be wearable? They are willing to pay me if I do it, but I doubt they would want to foot the bill for fuck ups
>>
How the fuck would I manage a wig for Cloud from FF7? Not Advent Children, but the FF7 iteration.
>>
File: ''SlaineTroyard-front-left-back.jpg (93KB, 840x1140px) Image search: [Google]
''SlaineTroyard-front-left-back.jpg
93KB, 840x1140px
Anyone think this is feasible for a beginner with many years of lurker knowledge? I have about 3 months.

>>8791522
Look up tutorials for lelouches helmet. Im on my phone but im sure youd find your answer in them.
>>8794620
Think of one of those visor hats, but with a third strap going over your scalp. You could put it on over the wig cap and under the wig.
>>8792750
Looks like a cardigan with a collar
>>
>>8795645
Make everything from scratch? Probably going to be a little tight on time since knowledge =/= experience and you're bound to screw up somewhere somehow. You could easily make the top and style the wig in three months though.

TLDR; feasible, yes.
>>
>>8775280
EL wire.
low-electricity, relatively inexpensive, and you can sew it on.
>>
>>8795663
I think I might focus on modifying any existing piece I can find. Do you have any idea what to use for the gold accents? They look raised, similar to the reflecting tube things you find on some jackets.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 620x465px
>>8795670
pic related
>>
File: M7217.jpg (65KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
M7217.jpg
65KB, 450x475px
>>8794925
Do you have any experience altering patterns? Looks like a standard bodysuit with a circular cut out that reattaches slightly at the neckline.
The sleeves look like the most complicated part. Not sure if thats just the illustration that makes it looks so hard and pointy, but that's some serious padding. Maybe foam insert to keep that stiff shape, and a lot of mock-ups.
The good thing about how the design curves around the breasts from the shoulders is that, if sewn well, will give you some excellent busty shape as where most streamline bodysuits without darts or other tricky pattern/sewing maneuvers lose the silhouette.
I suggest doing the breast area in 3 parts. 1- centre front panel with the zip. 2- middle panel between the channels connecting center front and side breast.
3- side area, shoulder to underbust.

Check out Yaya Han's McCall bodsuit pattern, it's actually a pretty decent base.

Don't forget to accommodate your bra stuffing/boob magic and make a mock-up before moving on to the real thing. And consider either adding boning to the suti ( don't forget to add some heavy duty lining) , or wearing an underbust corset. It will honestly make you look just that much better.

Hope I explained myself well enough... don't mean to confuse you.
>>
>>8791403
>aren't hard to find at all.
I wish. But I have a werid shoe size, so I'm having a lot of issues to find them.
Thats why I went full /diy/
>>
Anyone have tips for turning a picture into a pattern? Im looking to make a vest. With side extensions as shown here >>8794987 → #

So how do you turn pictures into patterns? All help appreciated.
>>
File: 1451865765605.jpg (222KB, 1062x746px) Image search: [Google]
1451865765605.jpg
222KB, 1062x746px
>>8795778
Thread deleted. Reposting here.
my first project, I want to make pic related and need it by the middle of february, anyone have any tips for figuring out a pattern? I have materials (I am making it out of leather and I have loads of oilskin and suede around) but I dont really know how to go about making the basic suit (I usually do gloves and pouches/packs).

So anyone have tips for working out a pattern?
>>
>>8795706
Yayas pattern is only good if you're like 5'2"
>>
>>8795871
If anon is the one that posted in the dream cosplay thread, she is short
>>
>>8795851
>>8795778
You can take an existing and similar commercial pattern and modify it or make a basic vest pattern from scratch, then make muslin mock-ups and alter the pattern until it looks like what you need and fits well. Don't be afraid to make more than one cheap mock-up, it'll be worth it if you want a custom fit.
>>
>>8792797
I def think you will have to paint or iron on the dots.
>>
>>8795961
Thanks for the tip!
>>
File: 201209141549219897.jpg (116KB, 536x1229px) Image search: [Google]
201209141549219897.jpg
116KB, 536x1229px
Any Asuka cosplayers here?

I'm having trouble finding simple white socks with one red stripe (pic related). All I found were socks with two or more stripes. I don't really want to make them myself if I can buy them (not being lazy here, but it simply looks better).
Any recommendations?
>>
>>8796282
I'd just get socks and carefully make the red line myself using red fabric marker.
>>
File: homuradesign.png (201KB, 530x473px) Image search: [Google]
homuradesign.png
201KB, 530x473px
How should I go about cutting the inverted 'V' shape in Homura's hair, or should I even bother? I got purple plum's Mio wig, but couldn't find any tips on making that shape. I also looked for Chobbits tutorials as Chii has that hairstyle too, but no luck. I'm worried that since the wig hair falls in a straight line, rather than flaring out like Homura's the 'v' will hardly be noticeable or just look weird. It seems like not many people do this so I'm also wondering if it's just better to leave it one length.
>>
>>8796480
You coul always pull the tips together and put just the barest touch of super glue on the end.
>>
File: yuriwig.jpg (64KB, 900x426px) Image search: [Google]
yuriwig.jpg
64KB, 900x426px
>>8796480
Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia has a similar hair cut. He has an inverted W instead of an inverted V.

However, this is one of those things that simply don't translate well to real life. Yes, it would technically be closer to the original, but since the hair doesn't naturally flare out like you said it'll just looks like someone messed up a hair cut. See pic related. This cosplayer imitated the game hair style (and did well) but in real life it still simply looks chopped. I'd say save yourself the time and effort, anon.
>>
>>8796335
Wouldn't it be better to (hand?) sew some thin red elastic to the socks? It would be better looking than a marker line I think.
>>
File: 8648605964_dd3fb761ea.jpg (46KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
8648605964_dd3fb761ea.jpg
46KB, 250x333px
I just got a dress in the mail that I knew wasn't in brand new condition. For the most part, it's wonderful but there's a small yellow stain along the tulle-ish part of the chest. Does anybody have a good way of getting it out of that kind of fabric? I was thinking about gently dabbing it with a bleach pen but I don't want to ruin anything under it. Pic related, it's the dress.
>>
>>8796480
>>8796489
Thanks so much for the fast responses anons! I figured it would be better to lose a bit of accuracy than to end up looking like an animal took a chunk out of my hair. I'll leave it as is and just texturize the ends and shape the front.
>>
>>8796577
Sorry, meant to thank >>8796529
anon as well.
>>
File: DSC_0069.jpg (93KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0069.jpg
93KB, 600x396px
>>8792797
>>8795970
Yeah, I gave up on trying to find one with the dots already on.

This is the closest I can find so far to how shiny her suit is. But is it shiny good, or shiny cheap? I can't really tell.
>>
>>8795774
Any patterns or links? Boots are something I want to try.
>>
>>8766423
Needing to make this belt. Never worked with pleather or any material like that and curious where to even begin with this.
>>
>>8796489
>>8796577
Do not put super glue in a wig, that is really bad advice
>>
>>8796607
Not in the wog just a dab on the tip of the v. I have seen it done before to get shapes done and it turned out really well in the one I saw.
>>
File: miIHGhAXmR0FD7FX7TygFVg.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
miIHGhAXmR0FD7FX7TygFVg.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>8796614
For fucks sake. Just use pic related instead, this is obviously bad advice. Your wig will get crusty and also super glue is usually exothermic to speed up the curing process and will melt the wig.
>>
>>8796603
You will need some thick leather for the main part and belt leather for the actual belt. And a sizeable square of vegetable tan leather. 3 oz veg tan should do well for forming the holster.

To form the holster cut a block of wood to the size and basic shape of the gun it will hold and soak veg tan leather in warm water for about 30 minutes , maybe longer if required. Next use small nails to stretch the veg tan over your block and shape it, you want it tight. Leave it overnight to dry and harden. This will make it take the shape you want. Simply cur around your new form leaving room to sew it to the back and voila. Gun holster.

Or you could lay out your gun marker around it adding half inch then cut the bottom out fold over and sew from barrel to butt.
>>
>>8796630
Don't forget to use a blowdryer with this to make sure that it dries quickly and keeps the shape that you want. This is literally what 99% of cosplayers use for spikes.
>>
>>8796630
Super glue also likes to catalyze up and turn opaque white which would make a black wig look gross
>>
>>8796631
Not meaning to sound like an idiot at all but thank you, I genuinely did not see in the picture that all of the pieces seem to be different types of leather and that they are separate textures and consistencies. As for the rivets along the leather, they probably sell kits for that at somewhere like Tandy Leather, right?
>>
>>8796630
I'm >>8796480, this >>8796614
is not me.

I'm not going to put glue in it, I was just going to use the exact hairglue you suggested (that's what I use on most of my wigs). Thanks!
>>
Quick question: If I'm sewing a zippeable pouch inside a plush toy, can I sew down the pouch fabric all on one side and then add a zipper? Or do I have to seperate the two sides of the pouch and sew one to each side of the outside fabric (in order to not screw up the zipper?).
>>
>>8796642
Actually I get all my leather from tandy, you can get everything you need there. Be warned though leatherworking is expensive. You could save money if you use the fold method instead of the form method though, that way you can just forgo buying veg tan and make the "pocket" out of the same leather as the backing. The small pockets can easily be made by cutting two oval shaped pieces for the sides and one larger rectangle strip. Sew down and fold the strip for a pouch that you can rivet down.
>>
>>8796729
Tandy isnt the greatest place unless you get wholesale. Hidehouse is another good one and is a good bit cheaper. Also just buy veg tan as a whole for the belt and holster. I tend to go with a heavier 8-9 oz for belts and a 4 oz for my holsters.
>>
>>8796739
True, I have the full on discount card and its still expensive. But its all I hot around here.
>>
>>8796594
Her suit seems pretty much made out of latex to me. This kind of shine will end up looking really cheap
>>
>>8796761
That's the one big thing they have in convenience.
>>
File: amnesiadressref.png (766KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
amnesiadressref.png
766KB, 800x600px
Is there a pattern that closely resembles Amnesia heroine's dress?
>>
File: red-vinyl-fabric_370x280.jpg (17KB, 370x280px) Image search: [Google]
red-vinyl-fabric_370x280.jpg
17KB, 370x280px
>>8796763
Would this be better?
>>
>>8796555
Well, depends on how you do it I guess. I'm a stickler for detail so I'd rather (very very VERY) carefully paint the line on (since that's what real socks with stripes would look like anyway) than put on elastic since it looks more like you made it.
>>
>>8796778
There are, I've seen a few. You may have to browse through McCall/Butterick/Simplicity/Burda/New Look and frankenstein together 2-3 different patterns though, like the bodice/collar from one and the sleeves and skirt from another. Her dress is simplified in the anime compared to the game with no pintucks or stripes/pintucks on the skirt hem, so pick a version first then look.
>>
/tg/ regular here with a couple requests. My friends and I recently started a DnD campaign, and we floated the concept of a prop for each of our characters.

My character is a sorcerer, so I'm looking for suitable wands. Nothing fancy, just looking for something with a Harry-Potter-esque look to them, with enough difference that they'd be easily distinguished from each other

I'm also looking for a blank, featureless mask - no nose, no mouth, just eyeholes - which I'm aiming to paint later. Everything I've found online is either far more than I'm willing to pay for a play-pretend prop (fuck you Army of Two masks, you're so fucking perfect for this but you're like $90 minimum, I pirated the rulebooks for God's sake) or something homemade ("I took a mask with features than filled everything in/covered everything in modeling clay"), and I am certainly no craftsman.
>>
>>8796805
As someone who once fretted over needing black kneesocks with two white stripes and only being able to find them with one white stripe just sew on the elastic or put white socks on your legs, tape off your stripes, paint with fabric paint and sit back and watch aovie while they dry. The there is literally no one who will give a shit about this besides you and take that in the spirit it which its intended. I wasted a lot of time in my starting days trying to hunt down the perfect product and it's really not worth it in the end.
>>
File: bayonetta-2-wallpaper.jpg (657KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2-wallpaper.jpg
657KB, 1920x1080px
Any suggestions on how to make Bayonetta's hair cloak? While I'd love to use actual wig fibers, I'm afraid of it getting really messy and looking gross. I was thinking of maybe using ostrich feathers instead.
>>
File: Needsmorezebra.....png (714KB, 482x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Needsmorezebra.....png
714KB, 482x1024px
First try with making anything fabric/sewing wise (I normally just make props, mech suits, and accessories) but want to do an Uta cosplay as I've already made the mask. Problem is I've no idea what the jacket/coat(?) thing he wears is called so I can't find patterns of it or something similar. Also is this a viable baby's first sewing project?
>>
>>8796941
I personally prefer the original design from the otome game, so I'll go for that. If only there were better pics of her dress from the game. As a novice seamstress, I never heard of pintuck so it's really nice to learn a new term.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is how I see the dress so far since I'm trying to look for patterns:
- Empire-waist with ribbon separating the bodice from the skirt
- Vertical pintuck from bodice to skirt
- Horizontal pintuck around skirt
I'm not so worried about the sleeves since they get covered up by the cardigan.
>>
File: Adventure.Time.full.1091821.jpg (815KB, 2738x2959px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure.Time.full.1091821.jpg
815KB, 2738x2959px
I wanna cosplay finn exactly how he looks in this picture. Any ideas how do to it and what clothes i should get?
>>
File: 6813[1].jpg (1MB, 1559x2244px) Image search: [Google]
6813[1].jpg
1MB, 1559x2244px
>>8797082

Looks like a hybrid between a trenchcoat and a one-button fitted coat. Personally I'd try looking for sewing patterns for a fitted coat, and then modify the pattern by extending the bottom another ten-twenty inches or so to get the hip length. Preferably you want a pattern that includes shoulder pads to get that broad shoulder look, but you can easily stitch them into a coat anyway, not like someone is going to make you take it off and inspect the insides and then judge you on it.

The breast pocket is called a welt pocket and is pretty fiddly to do. You might want to fake this by sewing two strips of fabric and that chain directly onto the coat, instead of making it a real, working pocket.

The pockets on his hips are called cargo pockets. Have not tried making those, but they're some variation on patch pockets so they should be less fiddly than the welt pocket.

The four big buttons on his coat look to be just sewn on.

>baby's first sewing project?

Oh lol. I have an entire book solely devoted to making fitted men's coats. The (inter-)lining, the sleeves, the elbow allowance, the fold of the collar and the order everything is sewn down is pretty tricky. If you walk into a shop and tried to buy a real, proper coat that looks like this it'll probably cost a pretty penny. It's definitely not a walk in the park, I don't advise drafting the whole thing from scratch yourself.

That said, you can try picking up a ready-made pattern like this one, check out the instructions and see if you can follow them. You can google for instructions for welt pockets and cargo pockets and add them in yourself, along with the shoulder pads. The sleeve cuffs look to be an easy fix as well. Since it's a cosplay coat you could probably mess it up a little and no one would care much. So yeah, take a look at the patterns in your fabric store and see if you can understand them. If so, then it's certainly feasible to sew this yourself.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-10-39-16.png (285KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-10-39-16.png
285KB, 480x800px
Should i buy it? (20$ anna house skirt) It's not brand and i am kinda affraid of sweet even though old school sweet is adorable. I have a youthful face but i dont wanna look infantile? I just wanna look like a mysterious victorian doll and i dont know if pink would throw that "feel" off???
>>
>>8797323
Modify an existing hoodie would be easiest I think.
>>
>>8796599
To be honest just did pic related to make the patterns and worked pretty well.
Platforms and heels are the only thing that gave me a headache.
But now that I have to make everything from 0 again I'm kinda unmotivated.
>>
>>8797511
Thank you
>>
>>8797465
Buy it, is cheap enough for you to regret it later. Buy and make a cute oldschool coord anon!
>>
>>8797512
You're welcome!
>>
>>8797449
I can not thank you enough for such a great answer to my question. Sometime after April I'll post it completed and know that the thanked anon is you.
>>
>>8797513
Thank you anon doing it right now. I...I will be a kawaii mysterious doll desu
>>
Where does someone start if they want to sew something? Every time I look up a tutorial on how to make a certain item the video/guide goes over terms and techniques that I have no idea how to do or just skips over steps. I'd be following a video that say s"ok measure this, buy this etc" and then BAM the next step is like "after you made the pattern" or something along those lines and I'm completely lost. Often they'll say "top stitch this" or "run through your sewing machine" and I have no idea what they're talking about. Then when I go a look up the techniques they refer to as in order to find out what they do, it opens up a whole new set of additional terms and skills I have no idea what is going on.

This whole thing feels really intimidating when I can't even grasp the basic knowledge.
>>
>>8797979
Like learning a new language, there will be a little struggle with vocabulary at first. It's like you're trying to read a book; you need to build knowledge of letters and grammar at the same time therefore it can seem like a mountain.

Sewing is easy, just turn on your machine and pass through the fabric. Making garments is harder. I would say start by sewing straight lines on scrap fabric. Play around it and get comfortable. Test out the tension (number knobs) and different stitches. Then make skirts (look up patterns) and bows- those are straight-forward. Look up terminology you don't understand. Top stitch is just a regular straight line btw. Zig-zag is when it goes back and forth, also common to use. Pattern is building blocks for the garment.
>>
File: rdsewing.jpg (31KB, 320x275px) Image search: [Google]
rdsewing.jpg
31KB, 320x275px
>>8797979
Buy a simple beginner pattern (simplicity or mccall's) and go from there. Usually those patterns have a glossary at the beginning that explain the jargon used, and small pictures showing you how to cut/sew a particular step.

If you can find the reader's digest book on sewing, that thing is gold. It explains the basics quite well (I still use it as a reference sometimes) and it has some simple projects too.
>>
>>8798049
That is a really good book for beginners. I read it in French, but I'm assuming it's just as great in English.
>>
File: 5701496675_afb7e8c46f_b.jpg (213KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5701496675_afb7e8c46f_b.jpg
213KB, 768x1024px
How do I go about creating a no face cosplay/making the "body" shape so that the black cloth doesn't show the human figure underneath while still allowing the person inside of it to be mobile and seeing?
Sorry if my question isn't very clear, I hope it's understandable what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>8798230
Could paper mache the form over your shoulders I guess.
>>
>>8798230

The cosplayers I've seen make a sort of frame that they wear on their shoulders (with a harness or something to keep it from toppling over/moving around too much).

The mask is usually placed further up, the cosplayer's head would be where the teethy mouth is in this photo. Then they choose a black fabric that's see-through to cover the front of no-face, so when the thing is worn, they can see right through the fabric. The rest of the frame is usually covered using a different, more opaque black fabric, don't want the whole thing to be transparent. I think the person underneath is usually wearing black as well, so it's harder to see that the front panel is semi-trasparent.
>>
Hey guys, I'm trying to make this shoulder pauldron out of cardboard. I cut out the shapes, and folded them to give them shape, but how do I keep the shape more rigid so it doesn't just re-flatten when I let go of it?
>>
File: DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0061.jpg (32KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0061.jpg
32KB, 480x272px
>>8798939
sorry, forgot pic
>>
>>8797503
Seems like that would work. What type of hoodie goes well with a t shirt. Like I cut up the hoodie, then stitch it on a tshirt to give it the effect like it is in the picture
>>
>>8798941
>>8798939
Try pulling it into shape and then taping the back so it keeps its tension. Good luck with cardboard though, it's not going to like smooth curves.
>>
File: PicsArt_01-05-11.39.08.jpg (255KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-05-11.39.08.jpg
255KB, 2048x2048px
Trying to make a Kamen Rider cosplay. I thought the Adidas tiro would be good, but they have three stripes instead of the two that no.1 has.
Is there a good way to dye/color the middle stripe as well as the adidas logo?
>>
Quick question, can someone point me to some conductive thread sellers in Europe? That or sellers with free shipping.

I don't trust eBay on this.
>>
File: Yosuke_Hanamura_P4DAN.png (552KB, 829x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Yosuke_Hanamura_P4DAN.png
552KB, 829x1150px
Is there a place where I can get T-shirts printed with a pattern across the whole t-shirt rather than just a small square section?

wanting to make image related but have no idea how to go about it because painting will crack if i use something stretchy and sewing bits together would leave an awkward seam.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to tackle it!
>>
>>8799318
Maybe you can try one of those custom T-shirt websites?

The only surefire way I know of is using Spoonflower to print on one of their knit fabrics and sewing the T-shirt yourself.
>>
File: leotard.jpg (9KB, 342x415px) Image search: [Google]
leotard.jpg
9KB, 342x415px
I need a black leotard that is nice and form fitting, and is easy to modify.

I don't know whether to order a nylon (with small amount of spandex) one or a viscose (small amount of elastane) one. Can anyone help? I need to order it tonight.
>>
>>8799123
The stripe looks sewn on. The logo might be painted or embroidered. Maybe you can rip out the stitching? I'd be worried about it leaving marks or the middle stripe being attached to the seam.

You might just be able to get black pants and sew/paint the stripes on.
>>
>>8799653
Protip: spandex and elastane are the same thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How to make gloves look elegant? My fingers look stubby. Pic related I just sewed this
>>
>>8799653
American Apparel has various kinds.
>>
>>8799707
Use sretchy fabric and sew it a bit snug. Your glove looks too big for your fingers.
Make sure to clip any corners and press all seams when you turn it right way around, as well.
>>
>>8799776
Followed your advice and it looks 10x better. Thanks!
>>
>>8799229
What do you need conductive thread for, exactly? Some kinda lighting thing?
>>
>>8798230
Adam Savage did a great No Face, and explained how he did all of it.
https://youtu.be/Y9GIMaNwUEM
>>
>>8799990
Making touchscreen gloves, basically.
>>
>>8800013
there is liquid they sell that you can use to coat the fingertips later to make it conductive, wouldn't that be easier
>>
>>8795504
First, make sure you know how realistic you want to go. I have a friend who did a pretty accurate copy of his PS1 battle model hair by folding cardboard and glueing the hair over it, and it looked way better than I make it sound from that description. If you want a less cartoony look (but still of the original game), the hair he has in the Remake trailer looks great to me. For something in between, look at KH or Dissidia.

The spikes are not actually the hardest part. Get the wig on a wig head or volunteer. Section the hair you're going to make into a spike, PULL IT DOWN FLAT, cut the end blunt to the height you want, then pull it up and hairspray/backcomb at the base. Setting lotion or fabric glue can be used to keep the spikes together at the top. It's surprisingly easy. I like to use a little diluted brown ink around the base of the spikes to give some depth.

For me, the hardest part was actually the sticky-out hair at the back, and I don't feel qualified to talk about what would make that look good because I never worked it out.
>>
File: prod73I1L.jpg (31KB, 522x470px) Image search: [Google]
prod73I1L.jpg
31KB, 522x470px
So I wanted to purchase a Yellow pair of shoulder length gloves from welovecolors (Men's Nylon/Lycra). I wanted to see if you guys had any positive or negative comments on their products. Also how difficult is the process of dying this kind of spandex? I need to dye the hands Orange and the leave the sleeves Yellow.
>>
>>8800451
Nylon can be colored with acid dyes, so either silk dye or RIT + vinegar. I've had shitty luck with tights coming out blotchy when I try to dye them, like even with constant stirring some places end up darker. As for welovecolors in particular, the tights I've gotten from them are nice and opaque and non-pilling.
>>
>>8798049
Seconding this book. It has helped me so often. I found it for like $7.
>>
File: rHa0ben.jpg (65KB, 762x848px) Image search: [Google]
rHa0ben.jpg
65KB, 762x848px
Any suggestions on making the scales, horns, and tail and making them waterproof?

I'm doing a swimsuit version of my Au'ra, but I'm worried about the dragon bits not being safe in the water, both materials-wise and (for the scales) adhesive-wise. I was thinking of using craft foam on the scales and horns, but I'm not sure what to do about the tail that won't make it stiff.

Pic isn't my Au'ra, but should give a good idea what the scales look like, but in a platinum white. Her horns look more like this:
http://i.imgur.com/VeOe78E.jpg
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (319KB, 1905x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
319KB, 1905x1348px
How hard will I fuck this up? I have never done something like this before. Any tips appreciated.
>>
Any binder shops for cosplay?

I've seen some are shady
>>
>>8802741
Bump
>>
>>8802741
> underworks
> lesloveboat
> t-kingdom
Also that one new place which I can't remember the name.
>>
>>8803141
How do I buy from underworks? The women section doesn't seem to have binders for the purpose of hiding boobs. I am an A cup but I'm wearing a skinsuit with it so I need it to compress quite a bit. There are many different options on the men's section which makes me kinda lost also.
>>
>>8803802
http://www.underworks.com/tri-top-chest-binder
http://www.underworks.com/ultimate-chest-binder-tank

There, I spoon fed you.
>>
File: edbFZKb.png (221KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
edbFZKb.png
221KB, 500x322px
Is there any shapewear/padding I can use that will round out violin hips? I don't know if there's one garment or a couple of things I can combine, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix them.

>inb4 exercise them away
it's not possible
>>
>>8803958
There are silicone hip pads (like titty cutlets but for hips) also there are a good number of drag tutorials out there.
>>
File: 2uthh1f.png (51KB, 339x355px) Image search: [Google]
2uthh1f.png
51KB, 339x355px
>>8803820
Thanks anon! I actually got the his one before seeing this based on some user pics. Hope it works on me.
>>
>>8801071
>other RnY fans exist
>bless
What I've been doing for Hans is having the ropes be purely decorative instead of real attachers, and putting large snaps underneath. I also planned to make the entire apron-shape out of the duck cloth I have and then cut out the squares for the blue and purple patches; it's messy, but so is his entire outfit, so I think it's appropriate.

I can't really understand what you've got going on with the pattern there, so I'm not really capable of offering advice on that.
>>
Tips for getting my veil to stay properly? Also, how to prevent bulges in the back from really thick hair? All advice appreciated!
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 797x971px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 797x971px
>>8804281
Pic related
>>
>>8796282
I'd just paint it on. I'd also stretch out the socks while doing that and doing a shitton of layers considering how translucent red is.
>>
File: BS1HfMqCQAAk3iS.jpg (37KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
BS1HfMqCQAAk3iS.jpg
37KB, 600x846px
Sorry if this is a stupid question:

I found this on outfit on a couple sites but they all looked pretty terrible. I would love to make it but would most likely need some help.
Where do you think I could at least buy a wig for this from?
>>
>>8804274
Thanks, I was thinking about doing the same with the patches. Probably for the ropes aswell.

About the shape, I was trying to figure out what the shape needs to be so that it would look right. If I made it just from a rectangular piece of cloth I think it would drape too much and not resemble the actual piece accurately.
>>
>>8795670
EL wire is actually run at around 300V about 3x what comes out of the wall in the US. However its extremely small amount of current that's why they can run off of AA batteries. Don't let that freak you out though. It's very safe as long as you don't break the plastic casing. I just wouldn't sew it while powered up.
>>
File: delete later.png (1MB, 1275x911px) Image search: [Google]
delete later.png
1MB, 1275x911px
Any fabric sugestions for a Fallout 4 vault suit? I'm thinking milliskin or stretch moleskin?
>>
>>8803958
Just wanted to say I feel your pain anon. I have the same hips and even at my skinnier it looks like I have serious muffin action. I wish I had advice but I avoid costumes where they would show
>>
File: Kureha.png (171KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
Kureha.png
171KB, 500x719px
What fabric would I make Kureha's dress out of? Does it need to be stretch? Also how would I attach the fabric at the back?
>>
File: 1447185137983.jpg (48KB, 494x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447185137983.jpg
48KB, 494x720px
I'm 121lbs for 5"3 i feel like a total fatty even though it's "average weight", i need to lose 10 pounds fast since i'm going to see my boyfriend and probably have my first time and i don't want to look disgusting.
Sport is dififcult to me due to asthma. Please suggest anything i need to lose weight and fast.
>>
>>8805091
Don't. Losing weight to "not look disgusting" to your boyfriend is a terrible reason to lose weight. If your boyfriend is disgusted by a little bit of chub, he should -not- be your boyfriend (or anyone's boyfriend for that matter).

If you want to lose weight for your own health, then by all means do so, but insecurity or feeling gross to an SO is never a good reason. Likewise, you can't really "lose 10lbs fast", especially if you can't work out. Cut sugars and processed foods from your diet, drink more water, count calories if you want to be healthier without a lot of exercise.

(Also this is a cosplay help thread, not a personal fitness help thread)

Polite sage for off-topic.
>>
I'm attaching thin (1.3mm) EL wire to a wooden prop. What kind of adhesive would be best? Im worries that, because of how thin it is, hot glue or super glue will damage the wire. I guess E6000 would be good, but im not sure if I can get the wire to stay in place long enough for the glue to dry.
>>
File: disbitchserious.jpg (10KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
disbitchserious.jpg
10KB, 250x231px
>>8805121
holy shit calm down.
>>
File: shrugu.jpg (81KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
shrugu.jpg
81KB, 810x780px
>>8805137
They aren't even flipping out, just offering some good advice. Are you sure you're not the overly sensitive one, anon?
>>
>>8805091
don't listen to that another anon. when you lose weight you will feel better about yourself, happier, and more confident.

Its perfectly normal to want to look good for your SO. My bf and I both work out for ourselves and to look good for each other, and that's part of a relationship.

that being said, count calories.
To lose weight you need to eat about 500 calories less than your normally do. If its possible for you to do a little bit of exercise with that, that would be even better. At home or in your backyard, carry about 5lbs in each hand (you can get water jugs if you don't want to buy weights) and do walking lunges. Do as many you can do without your heart rate escalating too much (if you get dizzy, take a break). Make sure your lunge is wide, its good for your ass. Do this every other day or every 3 days if you're busy.

If you actually do this yes you will lose weight and you will have a nice perky ass. 5'4" 98 lbs here.
>>
>>8805091
Everyone carries weight differently, and we wont really know what you qualify as a 'disgusting fatty' unless you post pics, but.

Anon, if you're 5'3 and 121 pounds you don't need to lose weight, you probably just need to tone up. Lift weights or do exercises like yoga and pilates, they wont get your heart rate up like sports will. Also eat well, and throw in some more protein to gain muscle. It wont happen overnight, or "fast" as you said, but I think this is what you need rather then losing fat.

On a side note, if you think youre fat for some minor reason like you have stomach rolls when you lean over, just stop. Everyone has rolls and imperfections, no matter what weight or fat content.
>>
File: Anchira2016.png (2MB, 1762x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Anchira2016.png
2MB, 1762x1044px
So my friends started a Granblue Fantasy group and when they heard of Anchira, they added another girl and switched me from Socie and now I'm a little stumped and my googlefu is failing me.

I'm not the flattest so is there anyway to minimize/stabilize my chest a bit (I'm at a 36C) with such an open top and back? If not, its no a problem - just wanted to go the extra mile.

And I'll be wearing tights but what is the best way to get a close shave aside from waxing. I've been getting mixed reviews that say to do sugaring or use an epilator but I'm a bit tedious since it'll be around my muff and I'd hate to get anything weird in there or deal with extreme inflammation/ingrown hairs.
>>
>>8805148
>If your boyfriend is disgusted by a little bit of chub, he should -not- be your boyfriend (or anyone's boyfriend for that matter).
that doesn't seem calm, it's pretty irrational.

one of the main ways we as humans view our bodies is by impressions of others, especially those close to us. it's just a fact, chances are the OP had an idea of what they thought her bf wanted and what he actually wants has shaken that.
>>
>>8805983
36C isn't very big, anon. what are your measurements?
>>
>>8799325
Most places wont do the full shirt print, just a small section...

I could but I feel like itll cost an arm and a leg but I gueess its the only option if I want it to look good...
>>
>>8805989
>one of the main ways we as humans view our bodies is by impressions of others, especially those close to us.
If you let all your life choices (especially those pertaining to your physical appearance) be determined by what others think of you, you're going to have a bad time. I'm almost 27 and I learned that the hard way.

Minor physical imperfections shouldn't put a relationship in jeopardy. Anon seems to be freaking out about her boyfriend thinking less of her because of a little bit of chub. If she wants to get healthy for her own sake, great, but I don't see her apparent panicking over what someone she's already in a relationship with thinks of her appearance as normal or healthy.
>>
>>8806006
i'm talking on a more subconsious level. it's a social construct, but has been around for ages and is strongly rooted in psychology. it's just something that people do within the social structure, but most are unaware.

people tend to impart implied opinions or ideas onto the people around them until they are told by the person outright(think of assumptions made about someone looking at you on a train or bus) because of this it creates a false sense of security(or insecurity) until that thought is challenged by the reality. it's completely rational for OP to get upset and want to change since it is reasonable for her to want her bf to have positive feelings about her looks since it will(subconsiously at the very least) actually increase her own.
>>
>>8805991
I know but since the character looked like she'd be an A or B (at most) I was a little worried.

I don't have anything to remeasure right now but 2.5 weeks ago I was 42-28-41. My hips might not be optimal since my thighs aren't stick thin and I have the violin thing going on but I'll be toning up while making the accessories.
>>
>>8805983
Honestly, just wax. Epilators are painful and sugaring runs the risk of a yeast infection over the braz area. Get a wax about three weeks before the con and see how your skin reacts, then get another wax the day/two days before so you aren't red.
>>
>>8766423
is there any way to make your hips less noticeable in cosplay?
>>
>>8806033
I'm not a fan but if that's the best option, I'll suck it up. Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>8806023
are you sure you're a 36C??? how big is your band(underbust) if your bust is 42 you'd have to have atleast a 39 underbust so you'd be 38C or 40C if anything.
>>
>>8768691
what anime is your icon from
>>
File: omgwhat.jpg (25KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
omgwhat.jpg
25KB, 405x289px
>>8806075
>icon
>>
>>8799318
arts
cow
dot
com
>>
>>8806066
I think so. I'm not how to exactly explain but I have to wear my bras on the tightest setting or they'll slide right down. Because of that, I haven't considered changing sizes. It could be that I measured wrong or was fitted incorrectly though.
>>
>>8804955
I'd go with official art first.

Something that flowy may be chiffon or lightweight fabrics, hard to give further advice without seeing official screenshots or magazine spreads.
>>
>>8782777
Idk, go to /fa and chat one up?
>>
>>8787158
Unshiny. The only time shiny looks good is when its not satin and everything on the oufit matches. Which can be quite expensive. Look up Vensy on fb and her Miku is an ex. Of this.
>>
>>8806101
Yep, you're wearing the wrong size. A well fitting bra should fit on the loosest hook initially, and only use the tighter ones once it's stretched a bit. Check out ABraThatFits subreddit
>>
>>8806083
i was sleep deprived no bully
>>
File: ArcherDavidGOStage2.png (365KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
ArcherDavidGOStage2.png
365KB, 512x724px
Can I bought a black shorts,cut the edges and sew a line of beige fabric to it? Will that look funny?
And any suggestions on the material of the staff?
>>
File: 14489_7005.jpg (80KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14489_7005.jpg
80KB, 750x1000px
I'm trying to find some appliques like shown in pic but so far my searches have turned up nada. any tips?
>>
Do big throwing stars (shuriken) have a different name? I am trying to buy bigger ones (like 1ft big) but having no luck. Any thought on keywords I can use?

What Ive tried:

Big throwing stars
Big shuriken
Switching that with "Large"

Pls help
>>
>>8806487
That would look terrible, especially as the beige parts are supposed to be his legs. What you want to do is get some flesh toned leggings, which will help make your legs look much smoother, and then attach the black line to them and wear shorts overtop of them.
As for the staff, pvc pipe and foam base. gesso and fibreglass are the basics after that, but there are a few other options to you as well.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_085233.jpg (74KB, 352x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_085233.jpg
74KB, 352x379px
I like the form of this Madoka skirt, but I don't know how to do it. Any tips?
>>
>>8806808
But this looks terrible...
>>
>>8806813
Yeah I know it looks terrible I think the mushroom form is accurate. With more ruffles and bigger skirt would be really nice
>>
>>8798939
You'll have better luck with EVA foam desu.
>>
>>8797323
Just modify something like this by adding ears and drawstrings around the neck:
http://reddawn.net/costume/hood.htm

The rest is a normal blue T-shirt + shorts. But please skip the chain because you'll look like a cringey edgelord.
>>
File: kureha.png (3MB, 2500x2600px) Image search: [Google]
kureha.png
3MB, 2500x2600px
>>8806155
It was a little hard since she's only like this a few seconds but I tried to get all I could of her. I think I know how I can attach the fabric at the back now, but any help on what kind of fabric the dress itself is would be appreciated. I definitely think I might go with chiffon. Is there any way to make it more poofy?
>>
I bought some EL wire recently and I want the color to be just a little darker. It wont hurt the wire to paint it with a thin coat of acrylic, will it?
>>
>>8806945
Make a support structure out of boning or wiring, perhaps, to prop up the half-skirt in the back. You might need to have it on a belt or small harness hidden under the dress so that the weight is carried by your waist/hips. You can check and see what Penguindrum cosplayers did for their Princess of the Crystal cosplay for inspirations.
>>
Does buyee sniper bids match the current price and gradually increase until they hit your maximum bid value, or does it just bid the amount you enter straight away? For example, the item I want is currently at 47,000 yen I placed a 90,000 yen sniper bid. Will my sniper bid bid 47,500 and continuously rise until it hits 90,000 yen or will it just place abid of 90,000 yen straight away?
>>
File: Ino2.png (1MB, 1191x933px) Image search: [Google]
Ino2.png
1MB, 1191x933px
Putting together an Ino cosplay but I'm really struggling with the wig. Is there any way to make the hairline look like it's pulled up into a ponytail? I've seen a lot of super natural looking widow's peaks wigs but I've only seen terrible unnatural wigs for Ino so I'm wondering if there's any way to make the ponytail look pulled back.

I'm planning on getting a lace front from Wig Is Fashion and then adding wefts for the bangs. That should be viable... right?
>>
File: juOLw7j.png (770KB, 840x922px) Image search: [Google]
juOLw7j.png
770KB, 840x922px
So I'm doing this version of asuka, and recreating the bottom half with red long leotard. i pretty much have a good idea on how to do everything. except the TINY black lines/piping of the suit.
i have no idea how to do it, and i want to be as accurate as possible. it's hard to paint on it because im small and it's a stretch material, making it hard to put painters tape on it and hard to adhere when it's off of me.
any suggestions?!
>>
>>8809087
i suggest getting a lacefront with clip-in bangs, if you're okay with not having a totally and completely seamless flow between hair and bangs (which isn't how natural hair works, unless you were going for a totally unbelievable look!)
>>
>>8796282
Use matte red ribbon around the top of the sock. i've always done this for my school uniform asuka. as long as it's matte and the seam of the ribbon is on your inner calf, you should be fine!
>>
>>8809357
I'll definitely look into bang clips, thanks anon!

Do you think a lacefront would look alright if I pulled it into a ponytail?
>>
Tips for using fabric paint on polyester?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.