[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay Sponsorships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Cosplay_Sponsorship_1024x1024.jpg (146KB, 950x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay_Sponsorship_1024x1024.jpg
146KB, 950x500px
Let's talk sponsorships, CGL. What is your opinion on cosplayers who are sponsored by lens/wig companies, or even mass-made cosplay sites? How about sponsorship programs where cosplayers are paid to post photos of products? Are they beneficial to the company and/or the community?

Post your experience if you have a sponsorship of your own, or if it's something you've considered.
>>
>>8764975
I don't mind people getting sponserships, I'm always a little bit jealous of the free stuff they get. I do have a problem with people who are happy to be sponsered by companies that sell replicas and art theft, encouraging companies to keep ripping people off and stealing designs just so you can get free goodies is shitty
>>
>>8764975
a couple days ago, there was drama about some lousy german fetish photographer, who offered 200€ sponsoring to a cosplayer commenting under their facebook post with their planned cosplay project, but they had to hand him over all the corporate rights of their taken pictures
>>
>>8768338
Photographers automatically own rights to the pictures they take.
>>
>>8768369
Unless they sign a contract which is what It sounds like op is talking about.
>>
>>8768369
But not commercial rights, at least not in Germany. You don't get to sell pictures of other people's faces.
>>
>>8764975
Tbh I would love to be sponsored, but I feel like people who just put on a costume they didn't work for and get loads of attention are looked down upon by part of the community and I'm afraid of that
>>
>>8774520
I agree, full costume sponsorships are a little weird. But imo there's nothing wrong with wig sponsorships unless the cosplayer's lying about quality.
>>
A good amount of my cosplayer friends who make their own costumes have actually gotten emails from 15 year olds asking to be "sponsored" a costume because they have 1000 tumblr followers. None of them even do commissions...
>>
>>8774763
Haha wow WTF is the logic here? Unless the cosplayer is running a store selling multiples of the same costume, why would they benefit at all by giving their work away?
>>
I usually don't mind. Cosplay often becomes more than a simple hobby for these gurls, it's great that they can make some money out of their talent. Also it often brings followers some discounts or even giveaways, which is kinda neat.

But meeeeennn have you seen the G2A-sponsored cosplayers ? There's a logo on 90 % of their pic, and a link on 99 % of their posts. These guys are just so awful (tho they probably pay well)
>>
I have a few sponsors myself, just small things. I got a free kawaiibox once. I don't have many followers, but they liked the way I wrote reviews and had a high resolution camera.
>>
File: m1efskoh8R1qzkj6g.png (96KB, 247x213px) Image search: [Google]
m1efskoh8R1qzkj6g.png
96KB, 247x213px
I don't accept free shit.
I tell them upfront I'll pay for it like everyone else or not have it at all. I've had it turn dangerous before, it's good to exercise discipline if one of them is just trying to use you for your image alone. Also gives an alibi when seagulls whine "but she probably just got it for free!1!!" Not that I think there's anything wrong with others who do accept them, more power to you. I just hate pretending free shit makes me happy when it doesn't. Completing the project at hand makes me happy. Everything else is clutter to me.
>>
>>8774731
Oh no man, wig and circle lenses sponsorships must be heavenly. But yeah, when they lie about quality to please the sponsor... Plz no.
>>
It depends on what kind of cosplayer you are I think. I'm a seamstress and modeling isn't my strong point. I may look like shit, but I can confidentiality say my work is better than a sweat shop overseas. I wouldn't wear something premade even if they paid me. Though I'm fat so. Not like they have my size anyway kekek. Why else would I be an expert at making clothes? I have to make an entire wardrobe fit me very specifically in order to achieve a 6/10 appearance at most. You bet your sweet ass I would kill for free materials though, they typically go to women who don't even sew. Reasons for keeping your day job. Can't live off fans alone.
>>
>>8776645
My sewing skills are pretty meh even though I've been trying to learn. My favourite part of cosplay is shooting and editing pics, so I'm guessing I fit the opposite of you a bit more. I'd kill for free anything. Yay for free
>>
>>8776645
>they typically go to women who don't even sew

I.m.o the criteria sponsors look for are women with pretty faces, good cameras, who have a ton of followers. My wig and lens sponsors couldn't care less that I sew a lot of complicated outfits... they just care that I take good pictures of their products and post them. Although I think you're right that most cosplayers with full outfit sponsorships probably don't sew much... most seamstresses I know feel "dirty" wearing bought stuff and probably wouldn't take the offer. I tried it for one review and it was extremely weird... never did it again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.