[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does cgl feel about buying likes? Who are some cosplayers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (460KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460KB, 1936x1936px
How does cgl feel about buying likes? Who are some cosplayers who obviously buy likes? Have you ever bought them yourself? What was the outcome?
>>
I've been tempted to buy ad space for my cosplay page because I'm finding it to be a pain in the ass to get people to actually notice and appreciate your work unless you do titties 24/7; social media algorithms can be a real dick about what people see.

I don't do a lot of revealing costumes but I work in the arts and want to beef up my portfolio a bit for hopefully teaching workshops at cons.

I've met a lot of people whom are pretty low key and friendly irl but looking at their pages it's pretty apparent they buy likes. I guess its ok if it helps people deal with their insecurities and not be drama-starters irl. Not everyone is a histrionic like Nigri.
>>
There's other ways to work the social networking system without buying fake attention.
>>
>>8764760
But that's not what this thread is about.

>guy in op has 20k likes in 1 month
>only gets 10-15 likes per post
>>
doesnt buying like filter out a lot of your actual follwers though? Not 100% sure how the algorithms on fb work but i heard all the new content gets diverted to the most recent followers/likers.

you can tell who buys likes anyway when someone has 1k likes and only gets 1-2 comments and less than 50likes per image, its pretty obvious.

Instagram is a better option
>>
I download apps for points to get giftcards and one of them was a "free instagram likes" app. I didn't actually spend any money, but out of sheer curiosity I used it to get about 50-75 instagram followers and to boost the like count on one of my instagram photos by about 40-50. It was all dummy accounts that had a few generic photo posts to look more legit, but they really don't interact at all beyond upping the like count. They're slowly going away as Instagram prunes their accounts. I'm hoping they all go away eventually because I kind of felt dirty doing it.
>>
>>8764772
It does, that's what's happening to the guy in OPs picture. He might have 5-8k legit likes, but because he bought so many only 10-20 followers who care are seeing his posts, as oppose to 300-500 if he wasn't bogged down with dummy accounts. It's the number one way to tell, and because he's always bragging on his personal FB about how many likes he has it's.. Kinda sad
>>
>>8764741
They don't look bought to me.

It looks like he just doesn't know how to maximize his reach (i.e. Posting at certain times of the day, wording in posts, etc)

But really though who the fuck cares
>>
When the number of likes are used as a base for winning contests, yes.

The lolitas here were livid when a Mexican lolita won a Meta coord contest which was based on the number of likes. It was obvious when comparing her outfit to the second and third place outfits, that she had bought votes.

The brand Meta has been told of this, but they said they couldn't change the rules by that time (I'm assuming they'll do something different next time if they host a similar contest ever again).
>>
>>8764765
>>how does cgl feel about

Sorry officer, I wasn't debating. I was sharing opinion on fake likes. I agree that ops pic is most likely the result of bought likes.

>>sage for uselessness
>>
>>8765332
he went from 5k to 10k to 20k in less than 2 weeks. He did a giveaway at 5k and "magically" got another 5k out of it. Those likes are definitely bought.
>>
>>8769699
Not really?
I did a costume earlier this year and gained over 9k just from the weekend. It's not common but it's not as far fetched as you think.
>>
>>8764772
>Instagram is a better option

Instagram now filters the posts you see from those you follow. I've seen plenty of girls have 5k+ followers there and only getting around 50 or so likes per picture. It's more about staying consistent so IG shows your photos more.
>>
>>8769699
Um...He did a recent cosplay from Blizzard Con. It got TONS of views and was posted all over the internet in different forums. The capped images OP posted are images, in general, that no one would even give a fuck about. No doubt there are little to no likes on them. One is a photo of an iron on, one if a photo of a computer monitor, and one with the most likes is at least semi interesting.

I have almost 400 likes on my page, but get about 6 likes per post. Its not uncommon. Not all likes are bought. For cosplayers, its more about either you did something AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING or something slightly cool and getting a few likes. Likes on posts =/= Likes on your page. It never has and never will be. Especially with the new filtered system which is even worse than it was months ago.
>>
If you gain a load of likes from being tagged, or having your page shared, you'll get shitty reach.

People need to view your page, interact with your posts etc otherwise they'll never see anything you post.

So like, if Nigri tagged you in a photo, and thousands of thirsty neckbeards like your page without looking at it. Your posts wont appear on their newsfeed because they've never engaged with your content. That's one way to have 20K fans, but like 5 likes per post.

But his page totally looks like he bought likes. I can't see a single post with more than 100 likes on it.
>>
>>8764760
Curious, what methods are you talking about? I've got a good social media presence but my facebook is lacking.
>>
>>8769939
yeah, I have around 5k in followers and I at most get like 3-6 people liking or commenting, unless it's just recent shit from a convention. Then I am getting a good amount of traffic in the hundred for at least that week.

FB is shitty and fucks up your reach, partly because of filtered posts, but also because unless someone is Following your page, they won't see it, despite Liking your page. Also cosplayers tend to Like every other fucking cosplayer and photographer, so you pretty much need to flood your feed every hour with posts to stay relevant in the newsfeed, but if you do that you might also drive away people who are sick of seeing you post.

I've unfollowed tons of photographers who tend to keep reposting the same old shit to keep their feed going. Desperate ones even started reposting their posts on other social media accounts, like Twitter and Tumblr.
>>
>>8764757
Fucking this
>>
>>8764772

At this point I don't know what social media to promote. Tumblr is easy to post and gain followers on, but for the most part your followers are garbage at engaging with whatever you're posting, if you want them to click something. They just want to reblog pretty things. FB sucks for all the above reasons but still seems the most popular. Instagram seems like an even flakier tumblr.
>>
>>8770169
Yeah, but at least you can actually communicate on Instagram, when you aren't bombarded by bots who SPAM certain tags.
>>
>>8770199
It's weird but I agree. Even though Instagram is filled with fake accounts, I like it's vibe a lot more than tumblr. It's a lot more easy going for me.

The Tumblr community kind of discourages actually commenting on stuff for some reason, and people write it in tags instead so I checked every reblog just in case. Took me too long to realize how obnoxious that system is, and how shitty tumblr as a site.

>>I don't have an active cosplay account or want cosfame but I still enjoy instagram as a mood booster
>>
>>8770260
But... why wouldn't you just use tag viewer? I couldn't fathom clicking on thousands of reblogs just to see the tags.
>>
>>8769939
Hi kim, way to make it obvious.

Those are his 3 most recent photos. It's obvious as hell he's buying this shit, it's really sad and won't get him anywhere
>>
>>8770301
And here's the autistic anon thinking a differing opinion is a self post
>>
>>8770147
3-6 hundred right? I have the same amount of followers and the least amount a post will get is 150.
>>
Eevee Cosplay buys her Likes for sure. Her costumes are proper shit tier and there's obvious fake accounts commenting on how amazing she looks.
>>
>>8770264

>>thousands

KEK anon I'm talking about a few hundred total notes. I can't fathom it either honestly but I've never produced anything that popular.

>>also wtf is tag viewer ugh I'm just over tumblr's interface completely

Eh, social media has begun to exaust me, which is why I like Instagram since it's just feels simpler. I just got over my desire for ~cosplay recognition~ and now I just focus on making shit I like and maybe post it online if i get around to it (and the rest of my life ofc). so I'm not in the same boat as a lot of others in this thread.
>>
>>8770307
Nope, literally 3 to fuckin' 6 on average! Stupid facebook!
>>
What irks me is the Instagram "share my cosplay" accounts that are the same people re-spamming their friends, literally the same 10 cosplayers and photographers trying to make them seem more cosfamous than others.

Just look up the thecosplayalliance and cosplayilluminati tags for reference.
>>
>>8770366
This shit pisses me off. Its all those "follow back" people. I don't care. I'm posting my shit, if you like it, comment or whatever. Else, fuck off.
>>
These days it's nearly impossible to buy likes on Facebook. The only websites that sell them want $400-$600 and are completely sketchy and unreliable. I bought some about 3 years ago when it was 500 likes for about $5 or something. All the likes disappeared within a week and the website ended up giving me a full refund without even questioning it.
I also recently bought 5,000 Instagram followers and about 2,500 of them disappeared after 2 weeks.
Bought likes are very easy to spot and disappear quickly. If the guy in OP image did buy them, they will start drastically dropping off in about a month. Keep an eye on his page to know for sure, but with my experience I would say it's near impossible to buy that many FB likes these days.

pic unrelated
>>
Anyone who wants fame and buys likes for it clearly isn't what the people really want. Stop lying to yourself faggots. Being likeable shouldn't have to be a fucking act bottomfeeders.
>>
>>8770105
Im not talking any specific platform.. (Idk about facebook tho ive always thought it was more suited for interacting with people you already know, people with active fans on facebook use multiple platforms) there are some basic stuff that's a lot like actual networking. It isn't as fast as buying likes but the results are more genuine

>be friendly, make friends. Namedrop others and suck up like crazy. Suck up to brands, suck up to popular people, suck up to your peers. Be a total try hard. Use others to get seen. Join communities, post actively.

>have an approachable personality

>utilize multiple networks

>produce content that hits all the right marks (popular fandoms, show off your body if you're attractive), find the right place to be if you have niche interests.

>hop on a bandwagon and use it to get popular, then your original content will automatically have a following. (This is more for artists)

>produce actual interesting original content.. or be a special snowflake and bullshit all of it until people notice

Be realistic. If your content is actually interesting to people, just posting it in the right places and interacting with like-minded people will get people to see it and they'll respond if they like it. If you want more attention than you're naturally getting there is probably a reason. If you feel like you have to put tons of effort into getting a satisfying amount of attention online than you're probably trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and your stuff isn't all that amazing to people.
>>
When you have big boobs, you dont need to buy likes
>>
>>8770400
I want to add to this with
>Post your content at the right time
Peak internet times is important as lots of people just browse new shit. Miss it on either side and risk never being seen.
>>
>>8764741
for people who are saying this is a normal level of activity for fb pages, it's really not. at all.
i have an fb page with somewhere around 19k-20k likes that hasn't had a post in months and months. i posted a shitty meme the other night and it got over 60 likes in a couple hours. the likes were all obtained legitly, just through the page being shared. if your likes are real, you're at least going to have likes on your pictures, especially with that many page likes. there's not way you don't have at least 100 people ou of 20k that just scroll through their fb feed and like everythign they see
>>
>>8770404
>>Post your content at the right time
>Peak internet times

Which is when?
>>
>>8772930
not that anon, but you can check your page likes and find out when your users are online most, and also find out the top timezones your users are in so you can post during their normal after school/work hours

or just post a lot and figure out what time you get the most activity.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.