[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: Totalitarianism edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 25

File: 1450070156422.jpg (877KB, 1699x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1450070156422.jpg
877KB, 1699x1920px
>>8757054
Link to old thread ^
Discuss: All things Lolita
>>
Oh.
>>
>>8764516
Oh my...
>>
why is there a shitstorm going down tho
>>
>>8764504
Next time please remember to copy and update the general.

Old Thread >>8757054

Comm Thread >>8744550
Closet of Frills >>8763380
Coord Help >>8738411
Dream Dress Thread >>8751124
Dumb Questions >>8737527
Handmade Thread >>8705820
Lucky Packs >>8756986
Oldschool Thread >>8753341
Worn Thread >>8690934
Brolita Thread >>8713032
Boystyle Thread >>8761165

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
>>8764504
>osaka store
Shit, didn't realise they were so strict over there as well. What about the Kyoto store? Will I still get my asshole ripped by the store manager? Fuck

Also, wb CG, missed you.

>also westerners not knowing how snobby shanghai girls are in general
>>
>>8764516
This is hilarious I love it
>>
>>8764532
The Shanghai girls think they're better than the rest of Chinese lolitas because they're from a big 'classy' city, and is on a totally different level to the commoner plebs. Not that I blame them, they're usually decently to well dressed, compared to most of the Chinese lolitas.

Also, I think you should be fine. They implemented the store rules at Osaka because there were a limited amount of British Bear special set, and they were trying to weed out the SSs.
>>
>>8764532

Wait, does anyone have a translation for OP's pic?
>>
>>8764572

How are the HK girls? HK is somewhat of a 'classy' city... if you skip past mong kok I suppose lol. Might meet up with them afterwards.

For the osaka store messup, did your damn shoes have to be AP as well? Plus your coat? W t f ?
>>
>>8764583
Previous thread had it

>"AP suddenly added a rule, [you] have to wear socks and a petticoat. Bags and shoes do not have to be AP, but must be Lolita style. I think no one saw it. The three of us wore this today, but were kicked out because we weren't wearing AP socks. There are only 28 dresses, some girls who managed to get a number (in the draw) did not get one, because there is very little dresses. That's why they enforced the rule, blame the company for making such a small amount of dresses. "
>>
>>8764584
HK girls are known to be itas to the general Chinese comms, but I'm not sure if it's due to regional hatred or it's the truth. The HK girls usually don't mingle with the main Chinese comms, and tend to use Facebook and not Weibo. I've never really encountered or interacted with them, so I can't tell you much.
>>
>>8764613
>>8764584
I'm friends with a few HK lolitas on facebook, and the group that I know of has lots of brolitas. The majority of them are well dressed and own lots of brand, but don't have full brand wardrobes
>>
>>8764588
What's that rule FOR specifically? A store event?
>>
>>8764613
>>8764623
Haven't seen much pics of them but their hk event went well and most of them were dressed well. What's their fb page? might do a meet up with them next year

>don't mingle with mainlanders
Sounds like HKers to be honest
>>
>>8764628
it was for the british bear special sets
>>
>http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r139167489
>1,000,000円
That's a little too much...
>>
>>8764629
>>8764623
Thanks for the clarification! I don't really know much about them, as I only use weibo and mingle with the mainlanders.
>>
>>8764588

Dang, that's crazy! Thanks Anon
>>
>>8764632
So for just shopping? Damn
>>
>>8764633
Just you wait. Some chinese lolita sitting on old money will probably snag it
>>
Has anyone else found that Paypal is acting strange lately? The payment that I made last Thursday automatically came up as "pending" when I logged into my bank account online. Normally, the payment doesn't come up until it clears which is the next evening after paying. I've been using Paypal for 5 years and this has never happened before. It's Monday now and it's still showing as pending. Oh, and for some reason it's not showing up as just "DIRECT DEBIT Paypal Australia" but it has the name of the company I paid in it (From Japan). Ughhh. It only looks like this when I pay directly from my card/without Paypal.
>>
>>8764680
>chinese
>old money
New money more like
>>
>>8764680
Chinese are all new money, which is why they're trashy
>>
>>8764699
>>8764707
>old money
>new money
I always confuse the two
>>
Any big differences between the Shanghai and Beijing Lolitas? Do there tend to be more brand tea parties in Shanghai?

Additionally, are there many Lolita communities outside of the major cities like HK, Beijing, and Shanghai?

Thanks in advance. I'm glad to see you back, CG. (I'd ask these questions in Chinese, but I'm afraid of saying something wrong and embarrassing myself.)
>>
>>8764720
Beijing has little to no.presence. Shanghai has a larger population of Japanese and it's more artsy and liberal because there's no government presence.They get the musicals (seramyu, kuroshitsuji) and the summer japanese.concerts, and the big teaparties. The citizens being wealthy also helps. They have Japanese chains like MOS burger and royce and Isetan as well.

Most major Chinese cities have a comm, but the degree of activity varies. Most have at least 1 annual meet, and a QQ chat group and weibo homepage. Notable communities include Guangzhou, Chengdu, Dalian, Shenzhen, Ningbo.

It's probably better to talk in english for everyone else.
>>
>>8764738
Thank you so much for answering my questions, CG. I'm trying to decide where to go when I study there next year.

I know you mentioned earlier that foreigners won't be totally accepted in the Chinese Lolita community; even if they are thin, well-dressed and pretty. If I don't match this description perfectly, should I even try to go to tea parties? Or will I just get laughed at and shamed out of the community?

And you're right, thanks.
>>
>>8764725
>Also think they're better than the mainlanders

lel that's just typical HK behaviour though.
>>
>>8764738
iirc Nanjing also have a pretty big lolita presence as well.
I know some Beijing lolitas, but we met because they were studying overseas, they definitely have the 'old money' vibe though, from like crazy big old families. I think Beijing is more conservative in general, and Shanghai and other cities are more progressive and liberal (?), thus have a larger lolita presence, and alt fashion are somewhat more acceptable.. This is just what I've observed though.

>>8764750
Not CG, but it honestly depends. If you're thin, pretty, well-dressed, you'll be 'accepted' into their comm, but it's a pretty superficial friendship. The Chinese girls are often reserved when meeting foreigners, especially if you can't speak Chinese. They'll be self conscious with their terrible English and watch from a far, so I guess your best bet is to approach them with your game face on? It definitely helps if you wear popular prints or look nice.

That said, most girls are nice irl and they won't say nasty things to your face, it's the aftermath you have to watch out for.
>>
>>8764711
How do you even confuse them, the word clearly explains the difference.
>>
>>8764814
Because where I'm from both terms have their own word and neither translates directly to old/new money. It's not so much not knowing what they mean, but having to link them to the right word that makes me confuse them.
>>
File: merrybunny.jpg-large.jpg (328KB, 1024x1678px) Image search: [Google]
merrybunny.jpg-large.jpg
328KB, 1024x1678px
>>8764798
Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it. I'm not a hambeast nor disgustingly ugly, but before I go over there (and if I'm able to attend a tea party,) I will be sure to work on my physique, coordination and makeup skills. I think I may be held to a higher standard because of being a foreigner, and I don't want to be a disappointment, even if I'm not able to make friends.
I can speak a good amount of conversational Chinese, so I wouldn't force anyone to use English. I would definitely make sure I looked my absolute best before trying to approach another comm, especially if it were the Shanghai Lolitas. At least I have about a year to work on myself.

Oh yes, I understand the whole nice to your face, gossip behind your back thing. I just want to embarrass myself as little as possible.

I apologize for contributing so very little to the thread. Thank you so much for giving me advice, anons. It's really helpful!
>>
>>8764837
Please, when you try to approach the Shanghai comm, pull a Cady and report everything back to us.
>>
>>8764837
Good luck anon! I hope you make some friends there, some of the girls are genuinely nice when they warm up to you. If all else fails, you still have us baka uggo westerner seagulls to fall back to.
>>
>>8764845
It won't be for a while, but I will try to answer questions/give a firsthand experience after it happens, as long as people are interested!

>>8764846
Thanks so much! I really hope to make friends as well. I love having Lolita friends from all over the world. I'll never forget my roots in the baka western community~ all of you salty bitches have my love. <3
>>
Does anyone know about how long is takes Fururun to ship something after you pay for it? I paid about a week ago and am wondering if this is normal.
>>
>>8764858
Anywhere from 3 to 10 days seems about the average for me. You can always send them an email if you're worried or need it soon.
>>
>>8764516
The one on the right looks like a dwarf
>>
Does anyone remember the expected release date for the first Holy Lantern MTO? Digging through my inbox and can't find it.
>>
>>8764972
They only said March, so I'm expecting mine in late April.
>>
>>8764972
CT said the part of the second release of that (first) MTO will come March-April instead of December-January.

>>8764985
expecting late April despite them saying "March", too. Has anyone actually got their Holy Lantern from the MTO yet? thinking not.
>>
when's the new HL MTO? I only saw the announcement, never a date with it
>>
>>8764990
hasn't it already started?
>>
>>8764516
Maybe I'm just distracted by everything else going on, but I don't recognize that deer print. Sauce?
>>
>>8764993
fuck, really? until when?
guess I'm missing out again ;;
>>
>>8765000
The 16th
>>
>>8765001
uuuuuuugh. I just went and conversion'd and I couldn't afford it (plus shipping plus customs) even if I literally put all of my non-essential money under it.
I just want a fucking pick me up of some kind after being given a no from dream school...
sorry for shitting up thread with whining, for anyone else interested the zipper jsk and headbow together come to 240€ and the jsk, headbow and tights together are 270
>>
>>8765018
Dude you won't really need to pay customs and shipping until May.
>>
>>8764995
It has a super long name lol. It's Baby's Bambi de la Forêt Secrete ~Petite Princesse de la Forêt~

I'm still bitter I missed the release when almost everything sold out immediately.
>>
>>8765040
no stable income (starving student), won't be able to guarantee that I have the funds at hands.
and I don't fucking know how much customs might decide to hit me with, it could suddenly be very painful. I guess it's the mature choice or something but today's just been shit and this is kind of the cherry on top of it all
>>
Why is it so hard to find a nice gold bag that isn't heart shaped or star shaped... Anyone has any source on gold bags that has a normal looking shape?
>>
>>8765185
Sometimes Forever 21 has quilted looking gold bags, but a lot of those are more rose gold. Meta also does normal shaped gold bags.
>>
>>8764629
I tried to meet up with HK before. I'm an ABC - can talk, but can't read or write. I asked for a meet up, but no one wanted to meet me, lol. I can assure you that I'm not a terrible dresser either. I wasn't used to it since European comms seem to be very receptive. It made me very disappointed because I wanted make some HK friends since I love visiting HK but the only people I ever hang out with our my 50 year old aunties..

I hope you have better luck than me. The name of the comm on fb is 華夏。Lolita
>>
>>8765185
Long ears shaprs ears do nice circular debossed bags with cute bow and tassles, but seems all sold out atm. Maybe you can ask when the next order will start
>>
>>8765185
some of these are normalfag but can be used in lolita

>envelope shape
http://www.asos.com/Monki/Monki-Gold-Envelope-Bag/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5984501
>slightly pricey shell
http://www.asos.com/Skinnydip/Skinnydip-Mermaid-Shell-Across-Body-Bag-in-Gold/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5939707
plain tote
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Chic-Metal-Color-Women-Pu-Leather-Handbags-Golden-Shoulder-Bags-Fashion-Lash-Package-Tote/2040705890.html
retro-y
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-summer-new-European-and-American-fashion-handbags-retro-chain-bag-candy-colored-shoulder-bag-Messenger/32423237725.html
a fucking car
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-Hot-Sell-Novelty-Car-Shape-Women-Handbags-with-PU-Leather-Beetle-Car-Shape-Lady-Shoulder/708505176.html
unicorn
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Designer-2015-new-Korea-lovely-playful-pony-unicorn-messenger-bag-female-hologram-bag-high-quality-PU/32339263066.html

also, i highly recommend meta's bags
tote bags
>http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/category/select/cid/320/pid/10683
>http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/category/select/cid/320/pid/10330
pochette
>http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/category/select/cid/320/pid/10096
3 way bag
>http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/category/select/cid/320/pid/10082
>>
>>8765321
Ah shit, I can only speak it as well. I've friended a HK lolita so we will talk it out! Thanks for the fb name anon, lets hope we can do a international meet one day ha
>>
>>8764572
What about lolitas from Taiwan? I see that they sometimes have pretty big events too with the models.
>>
Kicked out for not wearing their fug socks? They can honestly go fuck themselves.
>>
>>8764532
do we have any other proof though? maybe their shit stirring because they didn't got shit?
>>
>>8765444
Taiwan is seen as a poor/backwards countryside by many mainlanders. I'm not sure if there are many Taiwanese lolitas, but sometimes you'd see mainlander lolitas trying to find other mainlander lolitas in Taiwan lel.

>>8765597
To be honest with you, I haven't looked for any proof, but a lot of shopping services/lolitas have been shitting up weibo and the 'lolita' rant page with this, so I took it to be true.
>>
>>8765185
I know she's considered pretty old-lady brand but Anne Klein has some really nice gold bags right now. Actually most normalfag decent brands have gold bags right now, because the trend in all the stores right now is gold/sparkle for the holidays.
>>
Lacemarket down for anyone else?
>>
>>8765800
Yes. The page doesn't really even try to load.
>>
>>8765812
Damn, I was just about to bid on something, too.
>>
>>8765821
I'm sorry anon. LM hasn't been down for awhile (I think), but I guess you can never be sure. I will pray to Mana sama for you ;_;
>>
>>8765800
LM is actually working just fine for me, but 4chan is the one loading/posting really slowly for me right now. Weird.
>>
>>8765829
That's so weird, it's not even trying to load for me, same as >>8765812 said.
>>8765827
Here's hoping!
>>
>>8765829
Huh. Where are you located anon? It could be the name servers again. I'm in EU.
>>
>>8765837
I'm in the EU too, weird.
>>
>>8765800
>>8765812
>>8765829
it's working perfectly fine for me too, as is 4chan.
maybe it's an area/connection/IP thing?
>>
>>8765837
>>8765841 here, adding I am in US
>>
>>8765836
Anon, try changing your DNS to a Google one. It might fix it so you can bid at least. Turn it off when you're done though.
It worked for me earlier in the year with LM's name servers were messed up.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/
>>
>>8764683
No one?
>>
>>8765837
I'm in US. 4chan seems to be loading a little bit better right now but about an hour ago posting was getting a lot of connection errors and pages were slow to load. LM still working fine for me though.
>>
>>8764527
Who gives a shit? Why should we spoon feed the itas and noobs who dont bother looking through the catalog?
>>
>>8765956
I dunno, I think it's useful. If I want to find the coord thread, it only takes one click if the thread hasn't been kicked off the board yet.
>>
>>8765962
Though i agree it can be useful and make navigating the lolita threads quicker, but why complain that OP didnt add it? I guess i just prefer the catalog because whichever thread is up top i know will have more replies then the ones lower down, rather just clicking them all and hoping something new has been added
>>
>>8765956
I think there's a difference between spoon feeding and just politely pointing things out. Besides, it's not only useful for noobs. Sometimes in the LG you just want to move directly to other lolita threads.
>>
Where do I enter my credit card information on Angelic Pretty's website? I'm ordering my dream dress.

I'M LIKE REALLY AUTISTIC AND IT'S MIDNIGHT ON THE EAST COAST RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>8766236
I'd like to hear more as well, as someone from Portland and I know both girls, I'd like to know what's going on
>>
>>8766236
>>8766242
Not from Portland but, why do you care?
>>
>>8766227
yeah, fuck off
>>
File: _20151215_002222.jpg (2MB, 2481x4342px) Image search: [Google]
_20151215_002222.jpg
2MB, 2481x4342px
Found this curtain rod at big lots... Am I OTT enough now lmao? I wanna make a parody coord but I'm afraid people won't realize I'm joking
>>
>>8766262
meh solved it
>>
>>8766271
You could mention it being a parody coord
Or post it on April Fool's Day!
>>
>>8766271
>I'm afraid people won't realize I'm joking
that's half the fun
>>
>>8766284
This. Post on April first.

Gives you lots of time to get ready.
>>
>>8766290
>>8766284
Kek I'm gonna do this and see if people realize or just give me asspats even though I'm gonna look crazy
>>
>>8766291
Please do
We'll recognize your prop item, I actually can't wait to see this thing completed
>>
>>8764683
I had that happen recently when I made some purchases from a couple makeup companies, except I used money that was directly on the paypal account. It was weird but everything was fine. I received my stuff and there were no problems. You should be fine, but keep an eye on it if you're worried.
>>
>>8764766
is it just me or have there been a lot of deleted posts lately?
>>
>>8766411
Oh wow I was not aware of such a thing, holy shit
>>
>>8765444
Taiwanese lolitas are active on closed Facebook groups mostly. There's a substantial population, but they're mostly congregated around the major cities as far as I can tell.
>>
>>8766419
Odd since she's the one in the comm being the absolute nicest and gave me coord advice a few times.

She always seemed really sweet, they both did, which is truly a shame since I liked them both
>>
>>8766431
Well, she has nothing to gain from being friends with me? I don't know anyone in the comm very well and don't attend meets often.
>>
>>8766420
Yeah, I tried making a meetup post on the main comm that's listed in the comm directory, but got no bites. Also asked for places to go and shop, and all they said was Ximending, which is a no brainer....?
>>
So this is a stupid question but I don't really follow Mary Magdalene and Google translate isn't helping... is the mto/reserve for Antoinette Fleur open? Or am I too late.
>>
>>8766473
About half a year late.
MM will be selling the surpluses from the reservation soon, though. Keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>8765049
why were you even asking about it when you knew you couldn't afford it anyways
i noticed a trend with this as of late, same in the dream dress thread.
it seems just a little pointless to complain.
>>
>>8766455
Ximending is useless unless you're looking for cheap accessories. Most "lolita" stuff you'd find there is cosplay-tier at best.

There aren't any places I can think of off the top of my head that you can get main pieces, and most people get their shit from either Taobao or brand because shipping is super convenient. We used to have a Baby/Alice retailer in Kaohsiung, and Hanako used to have a physical store, but they have since closed down. QSquare's concourse levels have some J-fashion stores that occasionally have usable blouses and accessories (they also have a Liz Lisa if you're into that). Zhongxiao and Tianmu Sogo also have some stuff in their young women's departments, though Tianmu's stuff was more natural-kei the last time I visited. I've also heard rumours of a store in Taichung that sold ETC and Jane Marple.

When I go back, I usually just go to the bookstores to stock up on lolita books because it's cheaper to buy in bookstores there than it is to get stuff shipped to Canada. Kinokuniya, Junkudo, and Mag Freak carry GLB, Kera, and Otome no Sewing, plus brand stationary and shit.

How long have you been/are you staying in Taiwan? 中文溝通沒問題吧
>>
>>8766485
I will, thank you! I've always liked MM but I had given up hope of being able to fit, until I just recently lost weight.
>>
>>8766499
Well, if it makes you feel better, the 2015 release is larger than the previous ones. Good luck! I hope you can grab one when it goes up, and it'll fit nicely.
>>
>>8766498
Oh, yeah, I went there for general fun shit. Got some makeup there. We found the Liz Lisa by accident, and my sister has a Taobao account so we ship things to our place there and have people pick it up and bring it back. I never thought of getting Jfash books there, though, even though we're always there for artbooks and stationary.

I was there in June, but usually go every few years! I can't read much Chinese so I can only read your first two characters, lol. Do you visit often?
>>
>>8766498
Not OP, but I go to Taiwan sometimes to visit family. Tbh my reading and writing is crap tier but I can speak it okay so navigating fb pages and whatever is really hard. Going through fb I saw a few market place type pages and also a photo studio? similar to Maison de Juilletta I think.
>>
>>8766507
Last year when I went back I bought a bunch of Nakamura Asumiko artbooks and Imai Kira's Panier. There were a couple Tama ones I wanted to get too, but I ran out of money.

I go back at least once a year because my paternal grandfather's birthday is around New Year's and filial piety obligates me to go back to celebrate no matter what. I'm actually heading back tomorrow night.

Unrelated, but did you go to school in Taipei by any chance?
>>
>>8766516
Nah, lived in the US all my life. If I went to school in Taipei I'd hope my reading would be better, haha. Come to think of it, my dad is in Taiwan right now tho

Sounds like you're in for a fun time. How long are you staying for? I definitely wish I got to go more.
>>
>>8766227
East Coast lolitas dress like trash and I'm not about to spoonfeed an ita on how to order from a brand site. Try again.
>>
>>8766557
hey now don't drag the rest of us down with one idiot
>>
>>8766545
You'd be surprised. I knew some local kids who went to the American school there and they didn't speak/read/write a lick of Chinese. I'm there until mid-January next year. Some of my lolita friends are coming back too so we're having a mini-meet at one of their houses.
>>
>>8766562
Oh man. Not person you're replying to but I'm going to Taipei next year Jan. CGL meetup or nah?
>>
>>8766574
Haha sure. Didn't know there were any Taiwanese gulls except for me and my one friend in Hong Kong.
>>
>>8766582
I didn't think that there were any either. Do you have a throwaway email to contact?
>>
>>8766584
In the name field.
>>
>>8766582
not that other anon, but i am as well! not going back this year, but would love to know if you guys do end up meeting
i can speak mandarin fluently, but reading and writing beyond simple things is beyond me, 有點可惜
>>
Has anyone contacted Wunderwelt support? Do they speak english? Dress that I wanted was up on their yahoo auctions page, but I've missed it and it ended up with no bids. They haven't relisted it or added it to their site, so I want to ask support if I can still buy this.
>>
>>8766624
I had to contact them once due to damage in a dress I received and English was fine. They were very polite about it, so I hope they help you with your request too.
>>
>>8766562
>>8766574
Oh man, I'd love to join you guys. I'll post the next time I'm there, if there's as many of us as it seems maybe I'll get some bites.
>>
>>8766588
email sent!

>>8766645
I legit hope this can be a thing ahahaha
>>
>>8766632
I've contacted them because I accidently paid for a dress twice. They fixed it quickly and everything was fine.
>>
Thoughts on this? Personally I quite like it but from what Tenshi posted made me think there'd be a little more of a mahou shoujo vibe to it.
>>
>>8767181
Fuck I want that JSK bad. The OP looks kinda wonky.
>>
>>8767181
It's cute but it's so hard to see the print? Op is cute at least.

Not my thing thankfully
>>
File: sm042-s07.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sm042-s07.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>8767181
the yellow colorway is super cute. I'm really torn as I don't like the cuts but I'm a major magical girl sucker.
>>
>>8767181
The print is cute, too bad I can barely see it on the dress.
>>
>>8767181
please let there be a black colorway
>>
>>8764516
Jesus at the filters. That dress is not blindingly hot pink.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-15-21-15.png (172KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-15-21-15.png
172KB, 1080x1920px
Absolutely disgusting, why do these fetishists insist on following and reblogging the fashion.
>>
File: KBSbLLG.jpg (148KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
KBSbLLG.jpg
148KB, 639x595px
>>8766291
You're doing God's work anon
>>
>>8767186
>>8767245
Yeah I'm hoping it'll be more magical girlish once there are better photos.

>>8767221
Get it anyways, worse comes to worse you can sell it. I'm thinking it'll sell out quickly.
>>
>>8767299
you know the block function exists for a reason
>>
>>8767361
But that does nothing but hide the person. They will still be able to see and reblog from whoever blocked them.
>>
File: s-l1700.jpg (287KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1700.jpg
287KB, 1066x1600px
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moi-meme-Moitie-Corset-Shoes-RARE-gothic-lolita-EGL-Malice-Mizer-Moi-dix-Mois-/111848712753?hash=item1a0ab3ea31:g:tx8AAOSwbdpWbOAI

>The size is Japanese size L, listed as 24.5 on the website, but I think these are closer to a 25 or 25.5.
>There is a crease in the toe from wearing them, as they were a little too small for me
>I wear size US 9.5 and they fit me, though were tight and would hurt after about an hour. The shop girl at the store tried to talk me out of them because of the size, so if you're a bigger size they will fit but they will hurt, and you may bend the fronts a bit more.
>>
>>8767368
>shoes damaged from not fitting properly
>starting bid $300
>BIN at $400

Is this person high?!
>>
>>8767366
No, if you block someone, they can't reblog from you. You can block from a specific blog too iirc.
>>
>>8765686
>>8765597
It was posted to the AP Osaka's ameblo. Strict as fuck.
>>
>>8767376
They sure were stupid enough to buy and wear a pair of shoes that were nearly three sizes too small for them.
>>
>>8767368
I'll throw that in the trash for you, seller.
>>
>>8766291
Ngl, I feel like this might end up causing a new ita trend.
I can't wait.
>>
>>8767390
This whole thing is a new level and a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>8767368

Is this moitie ita? Sure sounds like moitie ita.
>>
>>8767430
Isn't she in France?
>>
I am on the fence of buying a dream dress. I don't really want to say what the dress is, but the price currently ranges from 650 to 800 dollars. The most I have spent on a dress was $280. I feel as if I get the dress, I will be happy to have it, then regret how much I spent on it every time I wear it. If I change my mind about the dress and can't resell it, I will be even more devastated. To clarify, I have the money to buy the dress, but I just don't want to spend that much money on an article of clothing. Is there anyone else who has felt that way. What did you decide to do?
>>
>>8767181
Oh god. I was hoping it's just be a princess themed dress. The magical girl theme is a killer for me.
>>
>>8767368
>really wants a pair of these
>in my size
>that awful damage from someone wearing something that clearly does not fit
>400 dollars Buy Now
>10/10 I'm mad
>>
>>8767590
I looked to see if I could:
- Make 5+ outfits with items already in my closet
- Wear it both OTT and casually
- Find 5+ worn photos
- If the series had any other cuts/ accessories/ leg wear that were hard or easy to track down
- Make sure that it's not an odd shade in real life- Looking at you AP lavender and I.W stock photos
- Look to see if it's on anyone elses wish list
>>
>>8767181
I want both of these so fucking bad
>>
>>8767181
I need more info
>>
>>8767181
I'm already in love. Cant wait for better pics and more colors/accessories to be announced. (And the fucking lucky pack)
I feel like a lot of people will call it ugly and then it will end up being a bloodbath anyway.
>>
>>8765185
I found a normalfag quilted plain square one at a thrift store.
>>
I'm not sure where to post this idk if it belongs on the coord help thread, but I've always had issues finding bracelets/wrist accessories since my wrist and arms are quite thin. Too thin to fit in to average bracelets, they all slip off or end up around my hand with me having to keep my arms at an upwards angle as it looks awful and gets annoying around my hand. I was wondering if any other skelletor lolis could help me find accessories that fit?

I've of course gone to Claire's who often sells child sized accessories but I'm annoyed at the steep price for such a cheap product. I was hoping I could get some better alternatives.
>>
>>8767736
I usually hit up etsy and if I find something I like, I ask sellers if they can custom size bracelets.
I also just tend to make a lot of my own. You can get cute beads and charms cheap on Ebay.
>>
>>8767181
Can't even see the print. It looks like something got left in a shop window too long and faded
>>
>>8767590
...wtf is it? My favorite dresses all top off around 500 for full sets
>>
>>8767671
That seems to be the case with AP. Everyone will bag on the print and then it ends up being a huge bloodbath.
>>
>>8767590
If it is a new dress (let's say released within the last 3 years) and it is just expensive because of the damn scalpers, and you know you will really regret all the money, don't buy it.
If it is a VERY rare dress where you often have to think about it and search everywhere for it, then go for it.
>>
>>8767430
She can't form a 5 word coherent sentence in French, let alone English. She types like Doge.
>>
>>8767753
Thanks a lot I'll try to check out etsy. Yeah I'm used to making my own stuff but I'm not generally big on beaded jewelry. I've made a few pearl bracelets that are nice though.
>>
File: 1420862407154.png (3MB, 1204x1806px) Image search: [Google]
1420862407154.png
3MB, 1204x1806px
What are some appropriate non-lolita occasions to wear OTT lolita? I joined my local comm ~6 months ago, but the events are too low key for minicrowns and hime sleeves most of the time, and I don't feel like I'm very good at socializing in the comm.
I wear simple sweet a lot, but I have some really fancy pieces I want to wear again.
So far I've come up with
>theatre/symphony
>especially nice dinner
>just leave it in your closet to rot until the next ILD
>>
>>8767795
The price isn't high because of scalpers. It's a pink house dress. New, their more elaborate dresses can be 600-750 dollars. Used about 300. They are hard to find though.
>>
>>8767736
Me too! And I'm tall and borderline chubby. I just happen to have really thin wrists, hands, and ankles. I make my own wrist cuffs... if it's nice jewellery you can get it taken in at a jeweller but it's pretty much why I never wear bracelets. Some elastic pearl ones only sag a bit. You might be able to take a bit off an re-tie it.
>>
>>8767819
Another pink house/ kaneko isao fan
fuck yes, which one is it? Don't worry, I won't buy it. Too expensive.
I've gotten their dresses for 4000 yen before so take that as you will, but compared to a lolita brand I think it's worth it since they're so so elaborate/ are more high end (but there's no way you'll get your money back if you try and sell it in the west)
If I were you I'd hold out for another one you like but it depends on your financial situation and if you have cash to burn.
>>
>>8767181
What/where did tenshi post about it? I only know of their Facebook page
>>
>>8767815
You can just wear the hime sleeves and shit regardless of the meetup theme. If you care so much about how 'low key' it is, you are unlikely to wear it normally outside of meets anyways. Even stuff like a very nice dinner and theatre is stuff you can argue against, silly hime sleeves doesnt do well with food and theatre wear is fancy in a more subtle way than ott sweet. You either just go fuck it and wear it or you struggle to find justifications to do so.
>>
File: item_image.jpg (84KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
item_image.jpg
84KB, 500x600px
>>8767829
This one. I love PH florals, but the stars are just so beautiful. I wanted a pink house dress for years, but when I saw this, I knew it would be the one. Now, I guess I have to settle on something else.
>>
File: image (5).jpg (87KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image (5).jpg
87KB, 480x640px
>>8767847
Oh wow, that's so far from their usual style. Must be a newer release? I've never seen it before, it's so unique. Kind of reminds me of these gradient (not pinkhouse) dresses I found browsing japanese blogs on wayback machine.
Honestly I'd prefer it without those cartoony stars but maybe that's just me, the gradient is very beautiful. If you feel like it's worth it to you right now, then it is. I mean in terms of making the original fabric/ how much detail is generally in their pieces/ the sheer amount of fabric it's not so bad. Better than spending $500 on a plain t-shirt on /fa/.
If you adore pink house and wanting a pink house dress is part of the draw, I'd go for one of their usual florals/ ginghams/ crazy fruit prints. For me it's all in the details.
>>
>>8767874
Yeah, I think may settle on a lower price dress. 350-400 is probably my limit. I just still can't justify paying 700 for it, although it is pretty. I also fell in love with all the beautiful details that pink house dresses have. I wish there was more love for it in the west. Thank you for your help.
>>
Are the measurements on Sheglit's corsets supposed to be your actual waist? Or the measurement after you wear the damn thing? Because I don't know anyone with a waist of 58 cm like holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (427KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427KB, 612x859px
So this is happening, it's up on the official site for this weekend. Loving all these rereleases, no scalper prices for me!
>>
>>8768108
Is this a MTO or just another release?
>>
>>8767903
It's their smallest possible size. Most coordinates I've seen with them, even shop mannequin coordinates, don't close them to the full extent (they leave about a handspan open on the back). They're not waist-training corsets either, so they'll not reduce anyone's waist that small.
>>
File: tumblr_mc3gcwi5cx1rifnrio3_250.gif (551KB, 245x163px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc3gcwi5cx1rifnrio3_250.gif
551KB, 245x163px
>>8768108
>>
>>8768116
Thank you for answering! Do they list max measurements anywhere? Or is it a few cm bigger than the minimum? It seems silly to me that it isn't very obvious in the descriptions. Just want some gosu rori clothes, man. Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with corsets though.
>>
>>8768121
I have their Liberation corset. I can put it on my adjustable dressform and see how it goes? I bought it when I was around 78cm and it still looked pretty shapely when worn. Looks much nicer now at 72cm, but didn't look especially bad at 78. Just open in back.
>>
>>8768108
>right before Christmas
AP why
>>
>>8768108
Good luck to everyone for this dress. I hope that it does go to MTO next month
>>
>>8768108
Really not my style at all, but I am super excited for everyone else! Good luck!
>>
>>8768127
Any general idea would be cool. I'm 71 cm myself, so I'm just trying to find out what their size range might loosely be, so I know if I need to just say no to a corset, lmao.

Do all of their clothes with corset lacing follow this same procedure? Do they only list minimum measurements? I'm so used to most people doing the opposite.

Thank you, and sorry for all the questions.
>>
>>8768108
Right when I was thinking about bidding on this. Thank you AP.
>>
>>8768108
I have a sinking feeling I won't be able to get the red JSK...hoping for MTO.
>>
>>8768108
Thank god I've gotten over wanting this dress cause do not want to deal with trying too get this from AP.
>>
>>8768161
I think you should be good. I'll set my form to 71cm tomorrow and get a photo of the corset in back so you can see the gap.
>>
>>8768108

>pink instead of green
>I only want the green

why AP why
>>
>>8768108
>here's hoping for MTO
>>
>>8768108
What?
If this rerelease madness goes on, I wouldn't be surprised if a puppet circus rerelease would happen. They rereleased their top three most wanted dresses this year: Misty Sky, Holy Lantern with two MTO and now Chocolate Rosette. On top most of their other releases have been sold out instantly. This must have been a fucking good year for AP.
This is madness.
>>
>>8768108
I think I'm gonna try for the skirt in navy. Wish me luck gulls
>>
>>8768276
No need to buy AP at scalper prices again!
I'd really love a Gloria rerelease, but they'd probably would have done it before Christmas..
>>
>>8767803
If its something with chain links in it you can get links taken out at most jewelry stores too. I had to get my bracelet watches taken in.
>>
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I tried googling and looking at the website, but does chibi tenshi mark down/mark packages as gifts?
>>
>>8768315
She does, if you request it.
>>
>>8768228
Me too anon, me too

>>8768276
I'm not sure if they'll ever re-release PC, it's so long ago that a lot of new Lolitas aren't even familiar with the print. There's only demand for the newer prints in terms of re-releases.
I wish they'd re-release it though. I think a new colour would be nice, too. PC would be beautiful in a dark blue/navy.
>>
>>8768326
Thank you!
>>
>tfw you bring a parasol to a meet up for accessory reasons and not because it's raining or really sunny.
>>
>>8768276
And yet I'm being dumb for holding out on CTP.

It will happen. I can feel it
>>
>>8768430
CTP was MTO to begin with, I really don't think it will.
>>
>>8768360
The uv rays that age your skin penetrate clouds, so if you forgot to put on sunscreen you've got that going for you.
>>
Just received a dress from LM and it had a stain on it that was not mentioned in the listings. The dress is velvet, so I'll have to get it dry cleaned. I was considering asking for a partial refund, what kind of amount is appropriate? The dry cleaning fee? Ir's right at the front, in the chest area, I don't really get how it was overlooked. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>8768468
What kind of stain? I often see descriptions on Japanese auctions of yellowing lace, etc. The lighting in my house is so shitty I doubt I would notice it.

I think the dry cleaning fee would be appropriate, maybe a little more because of the time it takes to get it done / the unforeseen hassle.
>>
>>8768457
Thanks for making me feel better, anon. Hugs for you. But do you really put sun block on even in the winter? It's making me paranoid now. Sage for OT.
>>
>>8768475
it's not yellowing, it's a brownish stain from food or drink on a lighter area of the dress. I suppose it could have been overlooked. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>8768468
I would first see if dry cleaning gets the stain out. If it does, I'd ask for the fee. If it doesn't I'd ask for more because the dress is worth less at that point.
>>
>>8768477
Not that anon,but I do. I put it on everyday that I go outside.
>>
>>8768477
Different anon but I'm pretty careful to only buy moisturizers and foundation with some spf in them that way I'm still sort of protected in the winter. I always get comments on my young skin so I guess it's working.
>>
>>8768480

That's a good idea. I'll contact the seller first though. Just checked the proof pictures, I can actually see the stain now that I know it's there.
>>
i'm going to my first brand tea party at my first con ever soon. is it necessary to wear the brand from head to toe? or can i get away with incorporating pieces from other brands as long as my dress is from the host brand? sorry for the newbie question; i'll be meeting the local girls for the first time and don't want to make a fool of myself.
>>
>>8768430
Agreed, I can feel it too. Imai Kira already stated she wanted to do CTP again.
>>
MTO rests on how much the Chinese are lusting over this dress.

I'm counting on them to push for an MTO
>>
>>8768108
Can AP rerelease Fantastic Dolly please? It's been over 5 years now and it's one of my first dream dresses.
>>
>>8768591
You gotta say what brand cause they have different rules for different brands events.
>>
>>8768108
>Right after I drop 1.5k for it
Oh well, at least I have my dream dress in my dream colourway, green.
>selfishly hoping they don't do a MTO with the green
Sorry gulls
>>
>>8768680
oh sorry, it's baby at ikkicon. i can't find much info about the tea party at all on the con site or fb but maybe i'm just missing something.
>>
>>8768677
You can get it at or below retail price now, anon. I see it up in various cuts and colorways often.
>>
>>8768683
Does that 1.5k include shipping?
>>
>>8768108

I'm so thankful I'm not interested in this dress because I'm so damn broke right now. But I too, am enjoying this year of re-releases. I guess they figured out they can pull in some mad cash with re-releases of popular dresses. I'm honestly hoping they'd do a Honey Cake re-release but its so doubtful since it wasn't popular at all in its first release among the Japanese lolitas. I just hope they can see how much it goes for on auctions since western girls seem to be crazy for it
>>
File: image.gif (944KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
944KB, 245x160px
>>8768447
There can be miracles, when you belive
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
>>
>>8768696
Yeah shipping and SS fees. Mind you thats AUD
>>
>>8768684
The only thing I can find about the event is on the eventseeker page where it says no replicas and to wear "a piece" from Baby/AaTP, so I'd think you'll probably be fine if you're wearing a main piece from one of those brands and maybe some other stuff but not literally head to toe. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
>>
>>8768591
>>8768684
For baby it's almost always the same- main piece must be aatp or btssb and no replicas allowed.
>>
>>8766242
Wasn't interested until I saw all these posts getting deleted
>>
>>8768722
I've been to several BTSSB con tea parties - a main piece and some accessories from BTSSB/AATP with the rest being other brands or offbrand is fine. My feet are too big for brand shoes so I wear Taobao shoes and just make sure they aren't replicas of BTSSB shoe designs. If you can, it's probably better to avoid wearing any showy AP stuff because BTSSB and AP hate each other.
>>
>>8768754
i recommend going to lolcow or something if you want that drama. it doesn't belong in lolita general.

>>8768771
ap and baby don't hate each other, but it's super tacky to wear a big competitor item to a specific brand's tea party. something small like jewelry, socks, etc wouldn't get much attention and is fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 595x842px
Lucky packs.
>>
>>8764738
CG or anyone, is there a chinese lolita updates on weibo or anywhere? Or maybe a brand specific lolita updates too? I swear once I saw a Baby updates group on weibo. Links would be appreciated!
>>
Has anyone ever bought one of the petticoats on Closet Child's right side column?
Are they any good or should I not bother?
>>
>>8768896
I've heard they're very good and puffy, but they're itchy. I've personally never worn one, just know of them via secondhand information.
>>
>>8768852
we do have a LP thread for that
>>
>>8768896
I found this one for clearance when I went to japan.
page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w102839323
It's not really that pouffy(I love to be super pouffy tho), and I have to roll it up cus it is kinda long. (i'm 5'6)
imo not worth 5990 plus shipping
can take pics if you want
>>
>>8768914
sorry wrong link
http://www.closet-child.com/special/cc/sgp/03/
>>
>>8768914
I am 300% sure you gave me the wrong link, anon.
I cannot wear mangas under my dress!
>>
>>8768108
Anybody knows how much demand there is on the chinese market for chocolate rosette? Just to know how chances are to get a MTO...
>>
>>8768914
>>8768918
>5'6 and have to roll it up cuz it's long.
Damn, I'm shorter than you so I'll have to roll it up more and risk having a little doughnut around my waist....
To be poofy the way you want with this petti, how many others you gotta stick in there? And how fluffy are the others?

Lastly, does it last long or did it deflate after a few wears?
>>
>>8768777
I figured they hated each other because they refuse to be at the same convention as each other.
>>
>>8768970
it's likely they don't attend the same events to avoid direct competition with each other, especially when the foreign market is pretty finicky to them- they rather play it safe.
>>
>>8768672
Proof? That might increase chances if it's true.
>>
>>8768108
CHOCOLATE PRINT CHOCOLATE PRINT CHOCOLATE PRINT CHOCOLATE PRINT CHOCOLATE PRINT
>>
>>8768975
No they hate each other. Heard from drunk Isobe himself onetime when baby visited my country.
>>
>>8768920

Considering there's a brown JSK on mbok right now for roughly $2,000...I imagine the Chinese lolitas are going for it pretty hard.

I don't doubt a MTO could happen, my concern is that they just did two MTO for Holy Lantern, so I wonder if it will be tougher to do because of that.

Think of all the dosh AP is swimming in though, jesus.
>>
>>8768910
Who gives a fuck. They are discussing all jfashion lucky packs there. This is the lolita general. It can be posted here. Christ. This is the attitude that killed egl
>dont post this here. Thats why we have x comm for
Over and over and over until there was nothing left to post in egl and everything was spread to the farthest corners of lj, and bam. Bye bye egl
>>
>>8769034
Yeah right, egl died because LJ servers are shit and people started making facebook groups which were more convenient.
>>
>>8769034
Did you even check the thread? All they are talking about is the AP lp..
>>
Is everyone else having a problem with Lacemarket recently? It seems to be randomly down for me, even if isitup.org says it's up. I cleared my cache and everything, still down for me at the moment.
>>
>>8769045
Think it's a name server issue, try using the Google DNS. Only pain is Google will hardcore spy on you (not that they don't already).
>>
File: 1438039962633.jpg (93KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1438039962633.jpg
93KB, 500x445px
I was checking up on the last LG and kept wondering: Is it possible for the West to have the sort of tea party that Shanghai did/does?

What I mean is no itas as they're shunned, no fucking sissies or age players, so many lolitas etc. But to be honest, I doubt that would happen. Except Moscow's comm seems pretty good so maybe.
>>
>>8769031
yeah but that 200000 yen chocolate rosette has been on mbok for months and hasn't moved.
The last auction (about a month ago?) for the brown jsk that I watched went for ~55000 yen.
There's definitely demand, just not $2000 demand.
>>
>>8769051
Why don't people just tell sissies and age players to fuck off?
>>
>>8769054
Duh anon, it would be seen as offensive.
>>
>>8769070
Who cares? Do people actually just let sissies and stuff into their comms? Are there no screening processes??
>>
>>8769077
Yeah. Nowadays people might say that you're transmisoginist or some shit like that if you kick them out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6E_8yOyoHUg
Can anyone tell me what this is about? It looks like some app game, but why are they using BtSSB and lolita to promote it? Also, who is the model with Dakota here?
>>
>>8769237
should be taking this to lolcow but aw dakota is actually cute and young looking there and she looks like she's genuinely having "fun"? idk.
I wish she would stop shooping her pic like a fucking alien foetus that shit ain't kawaii.
>>
>>8769278
Don't care about Dakota, I just want to know why they're wearing BtSSB and lolita and if they're in any way involved.
>>
>>8769077
We've discussed this to death in the brolita threads.

Yes, most comms have a screening process.

But telling someone with genuine interest in the fashion from someone with a fetishising interest in the fashion can be really hard if they claim to be "new". Most dudes who get into this stuff don't know the first thing about hair or make-up, so trying to sort the pervs from the newbies is ridiculously hard. And then kicking them out can be even moreso, because they don't often show their true colours early.

The general test is whether they make an effort to improve, and whether they actually manage to do so or not. Someone who looks the same/makes the same level of effort two years in as they did when first starting probably doesn't actually give a shit about the fashion (this applies to women as well; plenty of itas stay ita because they got into lolita for attention or to feel special, rather than because they like the clothes).
>>
does anyone know what's the best way to fix incorrect feedback on LM? I accidentally left negative when I meant to leave positive (must have tapped the wrong thing on mobile), i've already PM'd their facebook about it. The seller has been very kind about the situation and i'd really like to fix it ASAP so her future sales aren't impacted.
>>
File: B40OJ202-p.jpg (131KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B40OJ202-p.jpg
131KB, 480x640px
>Everybody in a twist over Holy Lantern and Chocolate Rosette
>Looking forward to my plebe tier reservation starting next week

I don't think this will be super popular, but low key reservations are nice too.
>>
>>8769427
Man. This gives me the weirdest nostalgia. The lace. The print. It's like 2007 all over again.
>>
>>8769391
Send them an actual email through the contact page, they usually see those and respond more quickly. I had the same issue a few months ago and it was resolved within a couple of days.
>>
File: contact.png (30KB, 549x407px) Image search: [Google]
contact.png
30KB, 549x407px
>>8769434
thanks anon, when i try to access the contact page i just see a message telling me to message their facebook?

>http://www.lacemarket.us/report-issues/
>>
>>8769051
When the Melbourne comm did that it started a shitstorm.
>>
>>8769443
Oh, looks like they've removed the contact form entirely. That's dumb, gj Lacemarket. I guess all you can do is use the FB page then, I'm sorry anon
>>
>>8768686
Yep. I got my pink OP from Mercari for 5000 yen. (Granted it was stained, but the stains all came out after one wash) I made sure it wasn't a replica too
>>
>>8768683

>1.5k
>heart attack
>>
>>8769016
>drunk Isobe
kek I'd love to see that
>>
File: sheglit.jpg (814KB, 1200x1300px) Image search: [Google]
sheglit.jpg
814KB, 1200x1300px
>>8768161
>>8768223
Okay. I chucked the corset onto the dressform at 71cm, with a dress, petticoat, and blouse under it (since it occurred to me that you won't be wearing it against bare skin). The gap is roughly the same as the shirring panel on the MM JSK I put on the dressform. I'm not especially bothered by it since the seams line up with the dresses I tend to wear the corset with, but if you are, their corsets may not work out for what you want.

I also put the corset onto myself, just over a t-shirt, at the same size to show how it works on a squishie-waisted person (didn't retie, just wiggled the laces around so that it fit my propotions instead of those of the dressform, which are much more straight up-and-down). Please disregard the messy mirror, I didn't notice it has fingerprints on it until I got the photos onto the computer.
>>
>>8769016
Cool story bro
>>
Okay which of you gulls is this?
https://youtu.be/Ref9CYaWKm4

I usually get ready for cringe material when my normie family says "hey anon there's a girl wearing lolita in this!"
But she seems pretty cute and well put together
>>
>>8769427
Finally, a chocolate strawberry print. So happy to see more pink and brown combos.
>>
>>8769502
Which sheglit corset is this, is it not being sold anymore? I really like it
>>
Any Onalaska lolitas, or am i doomed to have to drive an hour and a half to Houston for anything lolita related?

A relative passed away and left us a house. We're contemplating whether or not we should keep it and move, or sell it/rent it out, whatever. I have family in texas, most of them in Corpus Christi, so moving to texas has always been in the back of my mind, though this is the first time ive seriously considered it.
>>
>>8768223
>>8769502
Oh gosh, anon, thank you so much! You don't know how big of a help this is. I really appreciate it. I'm glad to know that I should be fine in one - I was so upset at the idea of not being able to wear them, haha.
>>
>>8769562
I thought it was annoying how everyone is doing their best to look like a chimney sweep or a character from marry Poppins and she thought lolita would be a good idea. She stands out like a swore thumb and ruins the effect of the marry Poppins flash mob. It's attention whorey.
>>
I feel like this gets asked all the time but where do you guys like to buy wristcuffs? I don't want to make a taobao order just for one pair and I'd like to try someone western based who can make custom ones. I really liked the ones from My Dearest Victoria, but it seems like she hasn't updated in a year or so.
>>
>>8769588
Is their Liberated corset, but I think it's sold out, yeah.

>>8769599
I'm glad! Their pieces really are nice.
>>
>>8769562
That's a girl in the LA comm. She is quite the opposite of both of those. She used to manage fairytale and people used to refuse to shop there when she was there.
>>
>>8769427
I'm actually hoping not coz I don't have the funds until after Christmas
>>
>>8767882
I went to go look up this brand after you posted that dress.This brand is so beautiful; thank you for introducing me!
>>
>>8769476
What proxy do people use for Mercari?
>>
>>8769629
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Peacockalorum
>>
>>8769562
I actually like she wore Lolita to this, its cute.
>>
did we even have a winterball this year or not?
>>
>>8769562
What >>8769647 said is true. I believer her attitude had to do with it mostly.

She is pretty snobby at some point and likes to show off how much money she has by showing her trips to Club 33 and to Japan, purchases, etc and is attention whorish like >>8769611 said. She is nice at first but then when you get closer to her, her true personality comes out.
>>
>>8769722
I think Japonica accepts orders from Mercari, but if you're looking at the website most of that stuff is already sold out on the app.
>>
>>8769752
where were you the past month
>>
>>8769763
>>8769722
How did you guys download Mercari?
I downloaded Fril without a problem, but It wont let me download Mercari without changing countries. But I can't seem to open a Jap Itunes account without a Jap card.
>>
>>8769502
Are those Monster High dolls that you've blurred out?
>>
>>8769611
Seconding this. Something all black would've been okay, but she just wants to stick out.
>chimney sweeper-kei when
>>
File: duplicatemail.png (20KB, 1007x246px) Image search: [Google]
duplicatemail.png
20KB, 1007x246px
I ordered from cc on Monday, and they sent me an email confirming payment on Tuesday. I just checked my email and they sent me the same email on Wednesday that they sent on Tuesday. I've ordered from them and this has never happened before. I guess their just busy for this time of year?
>>
>>8769873
Stupid phone keys. They*re
>>
>>8768704
kek
>>
>>8769832
I use bluestacks. Downloaded the apk, easy and simple.
>>
Do any pretty black and brown coords exist? All I ever see is brown with cream and black with all other colors. But one without cream or white? Like black dress/skirt brown blouse etc. I want to see dark chocolate married to understated black.
>>
>>8770150
Brown and black usually look like crap together, so I have my doubts. Black dress with brown blouse sounds awful.
>>
Yo, super dumb question (since this probably has been asked a ton of times) but I am having some difficulties finding information regarding AP releases online. I know in store there is the one-dress + headpiece policy but I don't know how/ if that translates to the online shop too. If I buy a main piece (like JSK) and check out and in another step want to buy the Headbow(just the bow) does that go against the rule that I'm not allowed to buy a Headbow w/o a mainpiece since I checked that out earlier? Would I have to buy them together to be able to get the headbow?
>>
Are satin blouses ever ok? I know people get posted in the ita threads all the time with cheap shitty ones, but could a nicer satin blouse work?
>>
File: RG_310_1.jpg (46KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
RG_310_1.jpg
46KB, 426x640px
Just a heads up, Closet Child restocked some brand new Chocomint stuff.
>>
>>8770195
if it's a brand one and you coord it in a fancy outfit and the blouse matches it, I think then it's okay
>>
>>8769051
In regards to itas, no. I think CG mentioned that in China overall the itas are shunned; seems to me like it may be a cultural thing and that just won't happen here. The itas would rise up and burn our brand.

Lel but I digress. I was reading in a thread on here recently a good idea as to why banning itas from comms isn't necessarily a great idea either, assuming they're noobs and still trying to get better. Without new blood comms will dry up and die out.
If there's an ita who is causing problems or has apparently been in the fashion for a long while and still dresses like she put her clothes on in the dark, then kick her out or find a way to help her. Likewise, there should be people who aren't afraid to call sissies and fetishists out. The latter can be avoided when the moderators make it explicitly clear that the group is NOT for anything sexual but for people who enjoy the Japanese fashion.
>>
>>8770193
Not on the Japanese site. AP USA does have online rules for ordering though as a heads up
>>
Just wondering: how many of you have no internet presence outside of personal accounts?
>>
>>8770304
Define "personal account". Do you mean as opposed to public groups like CoF, or running a blog/YT?
>>
>>8770258

Thanks!

So basically I can first go for the JSK and then for the headbow on the japanese site? I kinda had in mind that it was not allowed to buy just a headbow (and since the JSK was checked out before there was no way of telling if I was buying just that)
>>
>>8770304
I don't, and neither do about 6 or 7 girls in my comm. We're the majority actually (but not by much)

We've discussed it before and the girls in our comm who post on cof, instagram, tumblr etc are usually girls who don't wear the fashion often or are new, so when they do they get very excited, take a picture, post it on the internet "LOOK WHAT I WORE!".

for those of us who don't post, it's mostly because we wear the fashion often enough for it not to be an exciting event worthy of an internet post and quite frankly we don't want the attention.

There's also a few who are disillusioned with the online community and it's somewhat competitive nature and "don't want to compete". Though, to be honest I feel like these girls are just insecure and afraid of being told they're not good enough.
>>
>>8769752
There were winterball threads, but they got deleted by salty gulls and janitors for being OT and fangirly. A bunch of new OC got made for the board-tans, though, so there's that.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450384095550.jpg (65KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450384095550.jpg
65KB, 640x1136px
>>8770150
Some girl tried at this tea party a while back. Honestly it looks balanced to me, though I agree in general that brownxblack looks shitty since it tends to blend in together. Browns and creams make a better combination since they contrast each other nicely.
>>
>>8770519
she looks super cute though! I think its a nice toned down look if you wanted to be subtle but still have details on your dress/coord.
>>
Did Angelic Pretty make a Samsung phone case or did I imagine that? I know they've made iPhone ones but I feel like I might've just made up the Samsung thing.
>>
>>8770519
I really dig it!
As >>8770541 already said, it looks so subtle and nice. I kinda dislike the loudness of general sweet but also the seriousness of aristocrat so this is like the perfect mature middle ground. Is therr any more?
>>
Anybody have a download link for Kamikaze Girls? The youtube is down.
>>
>>8770519
I don't know, it doesn't repulse me, but the brown shoes on black socks rub me the wrong way.
Then again, there's people who hate black and navy together and I really like that.
>>
>>8770581
Maybe because it doesn't blend? NavyxBlack looks off when navy is so dark that it's almost black.
I think that is what it's happening in >>8770519
>>
>>8770597
That's probably it. The skirt and top are fine to me, since there is enough contrast thanks to the plaid.
>>
>>8770555
Seconding! I'd love one!
>>
>>8770304
I don't, and I've been too a few communities and nearly all of them have at least one person who doesn't. It's mostly the attention whores who post their pics online a lot, which 98% of the lolita community is. But there's pleanty of people who don't, it's not uncommon.
>>
>>8770454
>There's also a few who are disillusioned with the online community and it's somewhat competitive nature and "don't want to compete". Though, to be honest I feel like these girls are just insecure and afraid of being told they're not good enough.
I honestly think that's a valid reason though. People get nitpicked for wearing unpopular styles, or wearing plain tights, it's just not worth it to a certain extent, although you could of course argue that they just shouldn't come on /cgl/ if they don't want to see criticism, but everyone seems to have that one shitty seagull friend that links them threads whenever they're posted. Some people just want to enjoy the fashion without constant scrutiny.
>>
>>8770572
>what is google
>>
>>8769841
Yes. I figured a wall of dolls would be a bit distracting.
>>
>>8770691
Looks like you have a good collection though!
>>
>>8770713
I'm pretty happy with it, yeah. hahaha
Thanks.

I just wish I had more stands and more time to work on customs. There are a bunch of dolls not on display because I have no stands for them, or they're nekkid because I haven't finished sewing their stuff.
>>
>>8770454 #
>There's also a few who are disillusioned with the online community and it's somewhat competitive nature and "don't want to compete". Though, to be honest I feel like these girls are just insecure and afraid of being told they're not good enough

I disagree compleatly, it's precisely because I am confident in what I wear and my style that I don't subject myself to "con crit" and don't participate much online. Like it was said people tend to be nitpicked to death and most annoyingly personal preference goes out the window and some kind of uniformed style seems to be preferred. I'm far from a special snowflake loli, I don't do daring barely lolita coords or anything of the sort. My style is 100% lolita and I do it well enough, I just don't care to hear "you should have worn a black blouse instead of white" or " printed socks instead of plain" I have white blouses, I have printed socks but I WANTED to wear that, not to mention maybe I have worn the black blouse and printed socks already and wanted to make a different coord with the same dress. You're not allowed to argue or youre a bitch. They just don't get it, they don't get variation it's as if they're constantly putting together a costume and anything other than the most perfect (and quite frankly obvious) choice will do 100% of the time. Sigh, I don't know how to explain it well but yeah. It's not because I'm insecure but because I'm quite confident and happy with my clothes that I don't post.
>>
>>8770222
I love these stupid rings, but I have thicker fingers than they are designed for. I have one ring but I have no idea how to make it larger without breaking it. I can sort of wear it as is but its uncomfortable and blocks circulation.

Advice?
>>
>>8770819
I feel that. I wear lolita everyday and they're not all going to be perfect outfits, so there's not point in telling me one outfit could be changed because they're not meant to be. At the same time, when I post on my personal blog, I don't really get criticism because I think it's pretty obvious that I dress in lolita casually, but I don't post on CoF.
>>
>>8770572
You can stream it on Good Drama. The quality is kinda crap though.
>>
>>8770728
Its ridiculous that they charge $7 for extra stands.. thats half the cost of some of the dolls!
>>
>>8770846
You can actually soften the plastic by putting it in boiling water. I've done this with off brand rings to make them tighter on my little stick fingers.
I'd practice on cheap ones first.
>>
>>8770304
I only have a locked down FB that I rarely ever post on (last photo I posted on there was from two years ago and not even lolita related).
I still take outfit shots, but only for myself to keep. I don't really see the point in posting my photos online.
>>
>>8771220
>>8771220
>>8771220

new thread!
>>
>>8770846
I actually snapped the back and replaced them with adjustable ring blanks.
>>
>>8769762
We'll she shows off her mother's money. I wonder if she'll ever realize that if she got a job and stopped her mom from following her every where like a normal 24 year old then she might actually have friends that aren't just there for freebies.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.