[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New makeup general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 51

Old one over 310
Recommendations for a bb cream for oily skin? I've used Missha magic cushion and liked that, considering trying Etude House's cotton fit too but there are mixed reviews. Is Iope's air cushion worth it? And some general questions to get us started
>how much/what makeup do you wear on a daily basis?
>favorite cheap/drugstore finds?
>favorite high end western products?
>favorite asian products?
>does your job let you wear the makeup you want to wear?
>>
>>8763375
How much makeup I'm wearing that day depends on where I'm going. If it's just to work, I only cover up any blemishes and wear lip gloss. I work in a children's store so I don't think it would be appropriate to wear a ton of makeup. If I'm going somewhere I'll usually go all out.

Any recommendations on foundation and cover up for super dry skin? I've bought like 4 different brands in the past that all have said for dry skin and it still looked gross and flakey.

I exfoliate once a week and wash/moisturize daily and it seems like no matter what products I'm using I still get gross, flakey dry skin everyday and I get bad hormonal acne too but can't use acne products because they dry out my skin more. Not sure how to fix my shitty skin at this point.
>>
>>8763375
I never considered makeup until I started cosplaying seriously. My job doesn't really enforce makeup even though we work with doctors and high end people. It might be because we do just about everything at my job from serving food to passing out flyers and crawling under spaces.
>>
>>8763633
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of job requires that?
>>8763541
I work in a children's store too anon. Before that I wore colored contacts and false lashes daily
>>
File: tumblr_n2r45we2d11tp12huo7_400.gif (449KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2r45we2d11tp12huo7_400.gif
449KB, 400x246px
I have some good makeup feels I don't think would be relevant to the current feels thread

>go to Ulta to redeem a free Benefit deluxe sample coupon
>get home
>see the package is empty
>call the store back and explain
>manager says she'll set a sample aside for me at the front
>get to the store
>sample is waiting for me in addition to 2 individual Benefit samples, a Benefit makeup bag, and a Benefit deluxe sample package
>completely overjoyed
>cashiers said they felt bad so they wanted to throw in a few extra treats
>leave a super positive survey from my receipt

I was excited just to get my missing sample but to get all those extras was so nice. I stopped going to my local Ulta because there's one cashier that's always short and rude to me but man those other employees are angels. I'll just have to go when that one cashier isn't working.
>>
two different primers on separate areas of the face, foundation, undereye color corrector, concealer, finishing powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. getting into eyeshadow and subtle contouring recently

nyx color corrector, rimmel stay matte powder, covergirl clump crusher mascara, maybelline creamy matte lipsticks. also elf studio and real techniques brushes

i don't use anything high end. mid end i like too faced products. their love flush blushes and the chocolate bar eyeshadow palette are amazing, plus i love the cute packaging. benefit porefessional primer is great if you visible pores you want covered up

i've tried tonymoly products but was never impressed with any of them. their cat's wink powder and panda's dream brightening eye base were subpar imo

yeah but i wouldn't want to wear bold eyeshadow/lip colors at work just because i don't think it's appropriate. i doubt they'd care though
>>
>>8764027
I work as a convention center staff so we are required to do just about anything because the CEOs of the center are paying my boss. So if we have to jump up and down and scream we do it.
>tfw you can't get a job working at an anime con even though you worked at conventions before
>>
For work, just foundation, concealer, higher coverage powder, and mascara. If I'm going out with friends, I'll throw in eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lip gloss. I only go all out for cosplay and lolita.
I use high-end foundations and concealers, but I swear by Revlon's lipsticks. I never use anything else. I also use yogurt, oatmeal and honey face masks.
All of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, Stila's eyeliner pen, Sephora has a really nice selection of blushes too.
Haven't tried many, but I'd love to. I've had poor luck with several BB creams, so I'm done with that, but would love to try their skincare lines. Combination skin, tends to be dry but I also have adult acne--any recommendations?
I could wear more if I wanted to. We're discouraged from wearing too much. I work in a male dominated industry so wearing lots of makeup is a surefire way to have people not take you seriously.
>>
Does anyone have any advice about BB creams? I have a combination of dry and oily skin (it gets super oily if i don't do anything to it, but super dry when i wear powder foundations). I also wear a primer under my foundation. But would a BB cream help me with my problem? I wear makeup daily so something lighter would be nice. Also are non-Asian BB creams good because I have tanned skin (not super dark but not white either) and I don't know any korean brands that have darker tones.
>>
>>8763375
Recommendations for a bb cream for oily skin? I've used Missha magic cushion and liked that, considering trying Etude House's cotton fit too but there are mixed reviews. Is Iope's air cushion worth it?

On a school day, base which is usually BB cream, powder, and blush with some kind of lip product. Stay at home day, nothing. Going out/work = same amount. BB cream, undereye concealer, foundation, powder, highligher/blush/bronzer, eye shadow + primer, cream eyeliner, maybe mascara, and a lip product. I used to be into gyaru and wore falsies daily.
Nyx's powder blushes last a while and are surprisingly pigmented for the price. I also have a gorgeous pink glitter liner from them I think they discontinued. I love their eyeshadow pigments as well. Wet'n'Wild has some amazing $2 lipsticks. They are pigmented and are as long wearing as my MAC lipsticks.
Too faced shadow insurance and Too faced Snowbunny bronzer/highlighter. It takes a lot for me to settle on a grail product.
I like Lioele's BB creams and Tonymoly in general. Kiss Me Heroine Make's long and curl mascara is my HG mascara, and I've tried them all from high end to drugstore. I have stubborn stick straight lashes where no mascara can hold a curl, and this actually does. Only down side is that it doesn't budge so I have to use the remover made for it which smells really odd.
Kinda. I work at Sephora, but they have general trends and looks you're supposed to follow for the season. Right now it's red lips/winged liner or metallic eyes for the holidays.
>>
>>8764365 is me. I meant to reply to OP's comment but forgot.

I have oily skin with dryness around my nose and currently like Lioele's Triple the Solution. I've tried Beyond the Solution, but I like this one more for oil control and it's impressive coverage. It feels light for the amount of coverage it gives. It also has SPF while Beyond the Solution doesn't. Beyond the Solution was nice for getting a slightly dewy finish but not oily while having oily skin if that makes sense. Neither have a grey cast like some BB creams have. They both have a light scent which fades quickly and didn't irritate my skin, but I know some people avoid fragranced products. Next on my list to try is the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream because I heard it works well for oily skin. Lioele Triple the Solution is still my go-to though.

>>8764353
If color is an issue, have you considered mixing a darker foundation with the BB cream to get the color you desire? I have no experience with non-Asian BB creams, but I would assume they have a wider color selection.
>>
Very little, to keep my skin clear. I use eyeshadow primer to make my eyeliner stay, and light byojaku or brown eyeshadow depending on my outfit. I'll also wear red lip tint sometimes.

Real Colors naked shadow palette.

Tarte's Smooth Operator, Bobbi Brown's Crystal Lip Gloss, and MAC's Liquidlast Liner.

Majolica Majorca lash expander mascara, Heroine Make mineral powder and Love Darling brown eyeliner (their black is shit if you like an even colour).

If I wanted to, I could. But considering I'm a yoga instructor it's a terrible idea, so I'll just go without any makeup.
>>
I have a kind of silly question: just how does eyeliner end up transferring below the eye? I get that it's because I have oily lids and whatnot, but just... HOW does it wind up migrating down there of all places? it's not like I'm really touching my lids or anything, and it's definitely not my mascara, so...?
>>
Little bit of under eye concealer, bb cream, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, highlighter.
Nyx blush in taupe for contouring, also love nyx jumbo milk eye pencil.
Too faced better than sex mascara, too faced and urban decay eyeshadow, benefit boxed blush.
Hera cushion compact, missha signature complete bb cream, pink brown liquid eyeliner and mascara, peri pera lipstick and lip tints.
For the most part yes, I'm pretty much good as long as I look classy, that can be anywhere from a no makeup look to full face with contour and colors, just had to be well done. The only time i even remember my boss mentioning my makeup was a good 6 months after I started doing my eyebrows regularly I forgot to do them one day and he was like....you don't have eyebrows? (I'm very blonde)
>>
>>8763375
>>how much/what makeup do you wear on a daily basis?
Eyeliner, lip tints, eyebrows and some powder to hide redness.
>>favorite cheap/drugstore finds?
Nyx lipsticks. I'm not sure about their other products but I heard their blushes are pretty good. I tried two of their liquid eyeliners but I found them shitty.
>>favorite high end western products?
Too faced. I have their chocolate palette. I recently got UB's concealer and I love the texture. I also really love Dior's airspray foundation which looks super natural and non cakey on my skin.
>>favorite asian products?
Peri Pera's lip tint, I also have It's skin's cute pink shimmery pencil. I have their baby face powder pact too but it's too light on me.
>>does your job let you wear the makeup you want to wear?
Yeah, I'm usually too lazy though.
>>
>>8764450
When you blink and close your eye it transfer. Also the oils make it slide around. I have super oily eyelids and the Oil Control eye(shadow) primer by Urban Decay was a life changer.
>>
>>8764450
If you don't mind drugstore, try Milani's shadow primer. It's cheaper and works better than UDPP for me.
>>
>>8765006
What exactly is the difference between regular face primer and eye primer?
>>
Is there an eyeshadow brush set that you all recommend? I only have one basic rounded one from Sephora, but it seems like you need to have a lot of different shapes?
>>
>>8765874
No idea but I use Rimmel Stay Matte on my lids and undereyes and it's pretty fucking good
>>
>>8765874
I think overall, regular face primer is less drying. Eyelid primer is made for eyelids, which can be oily even on people with dry skin. If you used eyelid primer all over your face, it would look dry and cakey and dead. But if you used just regular primer on your eyelids, it wouldn't be enough to keep certain products from sliding around. Just my guess based on my observations.
>>
>>8765921
I have some of the e.l.f studio brushes and they're pretty good. Honestly, the same quality as my real techniques brushes. Too faced brushes are a little better, but also cost slightly more. If you're looking to spend and you want the best brushes go for nars or mac, they both have excellent brushes.
I couldn't recommend getting more sephora brushes, because it seems like for the price they shed a lot and at least the ones I had felt kind of cheap.

You also reminded me that I need to go through my brushes and toss some since I have wayyy more than I could ever use. My most used brushes are my rounded brush, my crease brush, and a small brush that I think was a smudge brush, but I use it for the corners and underneath my eyes.
>>
File: eyes.png (13KB, 574x223px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
13KB, 574x223px
Do you gulls have any tips for making eyes look even?

It's hard to explain, but basically my face is slightly deformed and one of my eyes sits lower than the other one. They're the same shape and size, but sit differently. My eyebrows are also naturally shaped different, with one being more curved and the other being more angular. I tried to draw a picture showing what it looks like.

Is there any way to use makeup to make my eyes look more even? I'm super self conscious about this and I feel like it's very noticeable.

Also, any tips on making my eyebrows look more even? I pluck them and fill them in but because of their naturally different shapes and my eyes being at different levels, they just never look even.
>>
File: 1450157204625.jpg (27KB, 574x223px) Image search: [Google]
1450157204625.jpg
27KB, 574x223px
>>8766275
Sorry for my shitty job at drawing on your picture, but I have a similar problem. One of my eyelids is a little larger, or puffier? than the other, and I have one straighter and one more arched eyebrow as well. You're not deformed just because your face is asymmetrical, anon! Most peoples' faces are. Google "mirrored symmetrical faces" and you can see that even movie stars have asymmetrical facial structures.

As for the make-up, here's what I do. I use very slightly different concentrations of eyeliner on each eye to help balance it out. I then concentrate my darker make-up towards the outermost corners of the eyes. If you draw attention to the outer corners, it draws attention away from the inner corners, where the asymmetry is most noticeable. It takes some practice and a steady hand, but you can make eyes look more similar with just one stroke of eyeliner. This also works for people who have one round and one narrow eye, or one that's droopier or more upturned than the other.

The eyebrows, it depends how you fill them in. I drew in (badly) the areas you want to concentrate your brow pencil or whatever you're using to fill them. Not only should you accentuate the arch of the straighter eyebrow, but you should also fill in the gap of the more arched eyebrow.

And above all, you should stop worrying so much about it! Chances are no one has noticed but you. I'm sure you look perfectly fine.
>>
Usually just a relatively light mascara/eyeshadow/eyeliner and neutral lipstick deal for work, maybe some pressed powder if I'm looking real shiny. If I'm meeting with clients I might go for some bb cream and blush to round everything out.
I really like the elf cosmetics line for some stuff (primer, setting sprays, removers, etc)
benefit, Clinique (just bought their liquid facial soap for oily skin and it's made a surprising difference so far), Number5 for really fancy haircare
Vanedo Beauty Friend masks (69 cents at my local Korean grocer. Might not be the best but the price is amazing for the results), Dr Jart Micro-water
Yes, but I also don't wear too much of it so I don't know how high the boundaries might be
>>
>>8766325
That should be Number4 haircare, my bad
>>
>>8766321
Thanks, the eyeshadow thing is something I usually do anyway, I guess they just still look uneven to me because I have to look at them so much.

And I feel like it is noticeable. Mine are bad enough to the point where, if I wear glasses of any kind, even sunglasses, they look broken or crooked. I used to think I was just doing something wrong, and people have pointed out the glasses thing to me more than once. It wasn't until I noticed my eyes being fucked up that I realized why that was.

I'll try the eyebrow tip though! I've never really understood doing my brows more than just shaping and filling them, because they are very long and dark. But I'll try to fill them in with less of an all-over concentration.

Thanks anon!
>>
File: oithere.jpg (20KB, 466x359px) Image search: [Google]
oithere.jpg
20KB, 466x359px
>>8763375
Do you guys have any good tutorials for someone who is completely new to make up. Because I want to learn really bad, but I don't know which tutorials are decent/worth it.
>>
>>8763375
I usually do my eye makeup completely (primer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, brows) and wear at least a light BB cream on my face
NYX lip products are amazing, the variety and quality of their matte and extra creamy lipsticks are unbeatable for the price.
I also enjoy Rimmel London's 'Stay Matte' primer and foundation
LORAC eyeshadows, especially the Pro palette, are my go-to eyeshadow brand
I love Benefit and Urban Decay foundation, and UD's eye primer is also a god send.
And OCC lip products are my go to higher-end lipstick
I haven't really had the chance to use many other than some BB creams and a couple of Asian lip balms of unknown origin. Both worked about as well as the average western version of the product
For the most part, they don't care. But I work with only two other women and a lot of men, and they don't wear any makeup, so I sometimes feel out of place if I do anything more than eyeliner+brows+mascara.

I've never done anything too daring like a bold lipstick or intense eyeshadow at work, but coming in with a full face that's not flashy has never caused problems.
>>
>>8766369
What do you want to learn? Asking how to learn makeup in general is a little broad because there's a lot to it.

What do you want to learn first?
>>
>>8766380
Eye makeup

and foundation
>>
Does anyone have any good contouring tutorials? I've tried to contour a few times but it always turns out wonky. I've had to settle for highlighting my cheekbones.
>>
>>8766404
Are you pale? You might be using a contour color that is too brown. I use a color that is a taupe eyeshadow. Also I don't know what you're using, but don't contour with a bronzer even if it's matte.
>>
>>8763375
Am I the only one that makes sure that my makeup isn't filled with all kinds of harmful chemical shit?

Anybody knows some brands that actually keeps their products clean, and doesn't just do the ''lol hurrr so natural can't be harmful ever, nature is gentle and loving''-routine? The only brands I know that seems genuine is the Danish brand Nilens Jord.

>I'm tired of having to consult goodguide everything I'm going to buy any kind of makeup and just wants brands that I can trust
>>
>>8764391
>Mac
>tarte
>high end

Oh anon you card
>>
>>8765921
I use a flat angled one for under my eyes
>>
Best highlight colour (no shine) for pale skin? I'm very translucent but I find that my face could use a little bit of highlighting on the planes of my face for day to day use that aren't shiny.
I'm a NC10 or 15 in mac (pretty much the palest base for my undertone, can't remember the number)

Also looking for recommendations on body paint? I have a collection of aquacolours but the white absolutely fails at being buildable. So do cream colours set and not rub off on absolutely everything?
>>
>>8766603
Everything is made out of chemicals, and all chemicals can be harmful. Your key is not using shit asian brands and using high-coverage makeup in moderation.
>>
>>8764450
If you put eyeliner on your waterline, draw a small line along your lower lash lid with liquid eyeliner. It actually stops it from running down your eyelids during the day by creating a barrier. I did this during middle/high school and never had problems again.
>>
Sunscreen, concealer, pressed powder, blush, lip tint or lipstick, eyeliner, mascara
Revlon lipstick, I'm currently very much in love with their Colourburst Lacquer Balm
Urban Decay eyeshadow, I have Naked 1 & 3. Too Faced have nice eyeshadow too. Shu Uemura Lightbulb foundation is very nice too, as recommended by my friend to me.
I swear by Etude House's lip products, their lip tints are amazing. ZA has quite a nice selection of foundation for a reasonable price, I use their True White Plus Liquid Foundation for cosplay. Heroine Make mascara is awesome for my droopy lashes. Majolica Majorca has really pretty powder blushes. Canmake's cream blushes are amazing and affordable, perfect for that dolly look.
It's more professional to look presentable in my job scope, so anything that makes me looking refreshed is fine.
>>
>>8766744
I fully well know that. But there are long lists of chemicals suspected to cause harm (allergy/cancer/weird kids) when used in cosmetics, and I'm trying to weed out all of my products that contain high-risk chemicals, and replace them with ones that doesn't

I would generally recommend for everybody to look op their favorite brands on goodguide.com. It is frightening how many high-end, western brands get the lovest score in the health category because all of their products contain harmful chemicals.
>>
OP here, time to answer my own questions:
when I was in college I did the circle lenses/false eyelashes routine daily. now that i'm on break and working i don't really do that. for my second job and special occasions I wear false eyelashes though (my first job is working at children's store with a very conservative dress code and some of the girls wear false eyelashes but i just don't want to get written up for looking too flashy)
l'oreal infallible eyeliner is the shit i swear by. been using it since middle school and it stays in even though i have watery eyes. also wet n wild eyebrow pencil in ginger roots is good for my bleached brows. Also elf's blush pallete as eye-shadow and their HD powder
i'm actually poor and rarely get mid-high end stuff. i have a Bobbi Brown lip palette I got as a gift that I love. They also used to make a shade of blush called almond that was amazing and I used it for eye-shadow, sad it was discontinued. I used bare minerals foundation before I switched to a bb cream but I didn't like how oily it made my skin
Missha magic air cushion is great. And because I live in the south tonymoly's cat wink powder keeps me from getting shiny (but if I put it on my nose I get a weird streaky texture)
back at college i could wear any makeup I wanted and no one gave a fuck (especially since its art school)
my first job has a conservative dress code so i usually wear a full face but keep the colors warm and natural and don't wear lens or false eyelashes
For my second job I have to meet with usually male clients and I'm in an industry where looking young (i'm 18) isn't good and won't get you taken seriously so I go with a darker lip and half strip false eyelashes to look more mature
>>
>>8766742
NYX does a straight up white highlight, but some yt makeup gurus say that that doesn't work and that you should look for a translucent shimmer. It might be that you have to look at eyeshadows to find what you want.
>>
>>8766369
Wayne goss has good videos that takes different features/shapes in faces into consideration
>>
>>8766742
Canmake
>>
>>8763541
Anon are you moisturizing and using primer before you put on foundation?
>>
>>8764365
I never trust Sephora workers because they seem to have no knowledge of color palettes matching skin tone, and their foundation is always off color for them.
>>
Got 2 questions for you ladies
1) How do I actually mask my dark circles? Every shade I try always ends up lightening them a bit with the rest looking green/grey instead of fully covering them.

2) Has anyone ever tried making their own perfume out of essential oils? How was it? What blends would you recommend? How's the sillage? The stuff on the market nowadays is laden with who knows what (inb4 paranoid vegan, they make my skin itch) and I'm not that crazy about the scent selection either, so I'd like to try it before venturing down the niche perfumery rabbit hole.
>>
>>8770067
>1) How do I actually mask my dark circles?

Is the darkness more discolouration or shadow?
Because discolouration can be fixed with colour correction yellow, peach, salmon or even orange depending on your skin tone and the colour of the dark circles applied before concealer.

If it's shadow then I can't help. That's my problem and I haven't managed to find a suitable fix and am considering undereye fillers. The best I can manage is just disguising it a little with a matching concealer in the area and a highlight precisely placed only in the hollow. The triangle method that I see people claiming is a "must use" and HG method just doesn't work for me because the shadow looks worse if the higher planes of my eyes are the same colour as the hollow, so it's all about careful precise concealer placement and that still doesn't hide it.
Thanks thin skin and hollow undereye bone structure.
>>
>>8770072
I actually think it's both. The shadow I can deal with (or at least tell myself I can), but with concealer on my whole eye area takes on this greenish greyish yellowy tint. My dark circles somehow managed to be a mix of green, purple and blue so I don't know what to use.
>>
Any recs for a shimmery/pearly waterproof white-ish eyeliner that really doesn't budge and won't break the bank? I've found that very light eyeliner on my lower waterline and just underneath my lower lashes does miracles for the way my eyes look, but the one I'm currently using is almost finished after only a few weeks of use and was kind of pricey. I'm not looking for stark white (don't want to end up looking like Michelle Phan's Miku) but rather a more natural highlighter that can be used on the waterline.
>>
>>8766742
White anything is massively hit or miss, in both creme and waterbased. Creme is a bit better but still very difficult to get even without looking greasy unless you're careful. Clown white is even more opaque, but you can have the same problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 391x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 391x376px
Is Ladurée makeup worth the price?
>>
Probably a really stupid question, but worth a shot.

I'm dying my hair dark red in a couple of weeks, and I have dark brown hair. What should I do with my eyebrows? I know dark eyebrows with dark hair doesn't look too off, but I'm going to have days when I want them to match my hair. Is there any way to make them a lighter color temporary without having to bleach them?
>>
>>8770284
just get a red-toned eyebrow pencil if you're concerned.
it's never bothered me, even when I had very vibrant, bright red hair.
>>
>>8770111
I would try Colourpop's Kicker, Cry baby or exit, that shit is the bomb and stays where you put it.
>>
>>8770144

The containers are plastic that feel kinda cheap t b h, but the makeup itself in gorgeous.
>>
>>8770293
>doesn't ship to Europe
abloobloo
>>
>>8770288
>just get a red-toned eyebrow pencil if you're concerned.

But would it look good? I'm worried that my eyebrows are too dark for the color to really be visible without looking like I drew on them with a crayon
>>
>>8770339
Eyebrow pencil + brow mascara
>>
Subtle liner, concealer, translucent powder, brows and tinted lip balm
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, most eyeliner pencils
Don't have any
Innisfree pore pact, eh colour my brows, most brow pencils
Yes (I'm a neet)
>>
>>8770284
I've got very dark, fairly dense brows and hennaed hair.
Usually I just use a red toned pencil as I would use any brow pencil and it works fine.
Brow powder also works if your brows don't need much shape defining.

A coloured brow gel would also work to coat the hairs.

But unless you have particularly dark, particularly full, particularly dense brows a pencil should just do fine.
>>
I'm very self conscious of my eyebrows, to the point where I fill them in the second after I wake up and right after getting out of the shower. They're very thin and dark brown, and my skin is also brown, so it looks like I'm some type of alien. Is there anyway to fix this without tattoo-ing? I want to be able to swim or spend the night at someone's house without worrying endlessly about my fucking eyebrows. I've seen things about using hair growth serums as well as dyeing the hair darker..?
>>
>>8768878
Maybe that's just your area or something, but each person's skill level varies. Some people know what they're doing and others, not so much. Some people actually like makeup and want to do a good job and for others, a job is a job. The lighting is also super shitty in the store as well.
>>
>>8768878
Well that's because almost none of them are makeup artists. They learn on the job.
>>
Favorite lash sellers on ebay, everyone?
>>
File: 1450244119190.gif (505KB, 199x222px) Image search: [Google]
1450244119190.gif
505KB, 199x222px
BB cream, cream blush, mascara and tinted lipbalm.
Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balms. Goddamn.
I don't really have any.
SkinFood's Peach Sake BB cream. The only thing I've ever found that is a 100% colour match.
I work from home so it's pajamas and blank face all day err day.
>>
>>8766275
I can't give you any good makeup advice, but I can tell you this: It's very natural, and GOOD, for one eye to sit lower than the other; it's a natural evolutionary trait. It allows for better vision: by having one eye slightly higher/lower than the other, your eyes can triangulate distance far better and more accurately than if they were perfectly level. It means you have much, much better depth perception than someone with perfectly symmetrical eyes. You can accurately judge/estimate how far away any object is from your eyes, and if it's moving, what speed it is moving towards/away from you.

perfect bilateral symmetry is attractive, but not at all functional or useful.

You actually have superior genes, if your eyes are super offset.
>>
>>8768878
This. I can't even remember the number of times a Sephora employee with an obvious orange mask tried to sell me a foundation shade three shades too dark for me while saying it would look great and "warm up my face"
>>
Eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and sometime nose contour/highlight if I feel like it.

Nyx Color Correcting Palette, it's fairly blendable and builds up really well.

Hourglass Mineral Primer, it basically makes my foundation waterproof. Tarte 12 Hour foundation since I can use it without having to blend it with other shades to get my skintone.

My mom got me this really amazing concealer the last time she went home but I'm not sure what the brand is since I can't read Thai. I'm kinda sad bc I just ran out of it.

It's retail so they really don't care. I keep it rather minimal since on busy days I can get pretty sweaty. Plus people at work tend to think bold, blended eyeshadow is fancy so I just keep it at that.

Is getting a Beautyblender worth it? I've been using sponges to blend but I go thru them pretty quick
>>
>>8767508
A white highlight with my powder over it may be okay, but I'm worried about the thickness of a white highlighter on my skin.

>>8770135
Yeah I paid out my ass for the large kryolan aquacolour white but, dear god, it is SO patchy. I could post a photo but it just looks terrible, I'd probably end up in the bad makeup thread.
>>
BB cream, some eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick
Indie makeup is a godsend. I highly rec Fyrinnae for their amazing eyeshadow and lipsticks. I can get products on par with high end labels for under $15.
Dior's lipsticks. The packaging is always so nice.
Skin food BB cream. Can't beat it imo.
Yeah since I work remotely. It's great.
>>
>>8766275
>>8766321
like what the anon said, to even out eyes you could draw a thicker line on the eye that sits lower and a thinner line on the higher eye to slightly even it out. I have a similar problem but with eyelids
>>
>>8771442
I've never used a legit beautyblender so I don't know what it's like, but I've used one by BeautyBay and recently got a $0.99 eBay one and I'm happy with both of them. The BB one is nicer/bigger/softer than the eBay one but both of them do the job. I really like the teardrop shape for my eye area and the sides of my nose.
>>
Is there a place I can get a list of Japanese skin care brands? Or ones you guys like? I am allergic to a preservative banned in Japan so I was going to switch over my stuff to be safe.
>>
moisturizing sunscreen, foundation, eyeliner, brow pencil, mascara, lipgloss, finishing powder. light eyeshadow and blush if i'm feelin fancy and have time.

some anon recc'd me wet and wild eyeshadow pallets and they're working pretty good. also got a 32 cream lip/blush pallet from F21 that has been a lot of fun to experiment with. baby lips are always great to coat over whatever lip stuff i'm wearing.

Nothing high end. I have some benefit lip primer but i'm not sure if i love it or hate it. i use bare minerals powder foundation and finishing powder and sometimes i love it and other times it's way too dry.

Really haven't tried anything yet, but hoping to get some sample soon, maybe for the holidays. Would love some recs for a light bb cream to wear under my foundation, and some lip products to make my tiny lips look fuller.

I'm usually the most made-up one on my shift since I work overnight, but it's not frowned upon or anything. if i worked earlier in the day when more supervisors and managers were around it might be a little stricter but i'm not into anything flashy anyway.

>>8770973
I've been considering getting the Skinfood BB cream. Are there anything things you like about it besides the color? What color did you get and what's your skintone like?

Also...my lip product tends to bleed outside the edges of my lip. my lower right lip is kind of droopier than the other side and i don't have a clear outline so it makes me look like i'm a little kid who drank too much fruit punch thatrather than a woman wearing lipstick. Any lip liner tips or other techniques to make lip product go on neatly?
>>
Is there any way to make my skin look nice and even-toned without applying BB cream? I don't have any acne and the only discolouration are my dark circles (purplish green) and upper lip (blueish green for some reason, no it's not peach fuzz, even when I pull the hair out of the root it's still there a minute later). Sunscreen evens it out to some degree but it never looks quite as perfect as with girls who wear BB cream.
>>
>>8772054
i use a translucent pressed powder along with some concealer and it works wonders for my discoloration
>>
One side of my face is fuller than the other. Should I contour only that side? I'm happier with the more gaunt looking side so I just want it to match, but I don't want it to look too goofy.
>>
>>8771517
Hell yes to Fyrinnae, I love their eyeshadows and their highlighters.
>>
Do people have tips for doing make-up with really oily skin?
>>
>>8771442
I haven't tried a real Beautyblender but I recently got the Ricky's NYC 3D sponge in an ipsy bag and it's super soft and nice! I've tried a few knockoffs and this one seems to be the best, besides the Real Techniques one that everyone usually compares it to.
>>
what is the best way to color your eyebrows a different color? i need my eyebrows to look pink and im not sure what to use.
>>
>>8777057
mascara primer(basically white mascara) and then color over that.
>>
File: SB_C25T_SKUC25T01_340.jpg (51KB, 340x527px) Image search: [Google]
SB_C25T_SKUC25T01_340.jpg
51KB, 340x527px
>>8763541
Have you tried some of the serum foundations? They're decent for light-medium coverage. I have this one and it's alcohol/oil free. Great for dry skin and is more like a tinted moisturizer.Also acts like a built in primer and moisturizer (though I will recommend having a separate moisturizer to soak up beforehand).

Cons is that it's expensive- 46$/oz retail for ulta where I got mine. And you'll have to set it with just a bit of powder since it does have a slight dewy look to it.
>>
>>8770483
Kind of a weird tip and I don't know how much it will help you anon but I find using vasline on my lashes and eyebrows seems to make them grow. It is probably just the moisutizing actually keeping them from getting dry and having any fall out for a long time. But it results in thicker lashes and brows for me. I wish I had better advice but just something that came to mind.
>>
anyone here ever used babaria creams? they're pretty cheap but I wonder if they're effective. I wanted to buy the anti-wrinkle one. any experience with them?
>>
>>8777408
>>
File: 1315689206306.jpg (32KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
1315689206306.jpg
32KB, 341x500px
Are there any zips of some of those asian make up tutorials from magazines? (if there are any hair ones too, I wont object)

I find them really fun
>>
I bought these 32-brush kit but just realized I have no idea how to use most of them.

Does anyone know any good guide on brushes? I'm tired of those "fluffly brush is for blending, flat brush is used to pack color", I want more advanced stuff.
>>
>>8772054
Is there a reason you're adverse to BB cream? They make light coverage ones that you can't even feel on your skin.
>>
File: bhpop.png (57KB, 176x314px) Image search: [Google]
bhpop.png
57KB, 176x314px
I need help finding a good liquid lip color dupe for BH's Pop lipstick in pic related.
>>
Does anyone have any foundation shade suggestions for people who are paler than ghosts? Even Mac's NW/NC 10 range is too dark.
>>
>>8779346
manic panic does some very pale/white foundations iirc but I have no idea about their quality
>>
>>8779346
>>8779368
I asked for MP's Goth White for Christmas. If all went according to plan, I can report back with how good/bad it is by Friday.

And I've seen plenty of people demo and recommend MP's Dreamtone on YouTube.
>>
>>8779289
^Same anon again. Forgot to mention that Jeffree Star's 714 WOULD have been perfect, buuuut it's gone.

Is...is there a remote possibility that Jeffree will bring that color back or...?

>tfw someone has it on Amazon at a 300% mark-up.
>>
>>8779017
Different anon but I have the similar problem. Do you recommend any light coverage BB creams specifically?
>>
Want to give contouring a try. My normal foundation is Rimmel Match Perfection in 100 Ivory. I think I have neutral undertone.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good shades to try?
I'm quite pale and the norm around me is to use very brown and orange tones which would definitely not suit me.
>>
>>8779017
I just can't make it work with my sunscreen, and the SPF in the BB can render the sunscreen useless.
>>
>>8779560
Oh and in addition to that, I've a tendency of leaning on my hand so I'm worried it'll rub off and look patchy.
>>
>>8775839
keep your makeup brushes clean, and try not to apply makeup with your fingers when you can. use a mattifying primer all over your face including the eyelids. otherwise, there aren't many products and foundations that will last forever on oily skin (i have very oily skin so i would know). i use the makeup forever step 1 mattifying primer in combo with their matte velvet foundation and that works well, but i still have to use blotting papers throughout the day. the only thing is that both products are really expensive; i don't know of any good drugstore matte primers. l'oreal infallible demi-matte is a good foundation, but it's heavier and gets oilier quicker than the MUF velvet matte.

>>8770483
i'm currently using Rapid Brow to re-grow my eyebrows and it's working really well so far. it's an eyebrow growth serum that's reasonably priced compared to other serums. it's taken a while to work, but i'm really seeing some growth in sparse areas that didn't have hair before. my eyebrow hairs are darker, as well. once you've got some growth established, i recommend going to get your eyebrows tinted. they apply a dye to the brows that makes even your translucent brow hairs pigmented and typically the dye is water-proof. it only lasts 2-4 weeks but it's definitely an option.
>>
>>8779534
Try looking for matte, light eyeshadow palettes (like a dupe of naked basics) and use the lighter shades for the dark parts of your contour. Highlight is usually shimmery white and I don't think that'll be too much of an issue for you
>>
it depends on what i'm doing that day. if i'm just going to class, i don't wear any makeup. for work and clinicals i typically wear a full face (primer+foundation+concealer, brows, eyeshadow+mascara, bronzer+blush and eyeliner if i'm at work) because it gives off a more professional look. my full face isn't very heavy looking, though.
l'oreal infallible demi-matte foundation, nyx eyebrow gel and eyeshadow base, some of the ELF brushes.. i have a lot of drugstore faves, but nyx products are usually my go-to when i'm not looking for high end products. all their lip products have worked great for me.
make up forever step 1 primers and the matte velvet foundation, NARS creamy concealer, benefit gimme brow, and most urban decay palettes (the naked basics 1 is my current fave). NARS is my favorite brand because i love their aesthetic and products, but i don't own many since the prices are so high...
i don't have too many, but i like some of etude house's lip products (i have the rosy lip tints) and i like the tonymoly lip balms and skin masks.
yes, but since my job has had a majority-male staff there's not really a set standard for how much makeup can or can't be worn. my job is in event/facility management though, so i don't like to wear anything too heavy or dramatic.
>>
>>8779934
Great! Thank you!
>>
File: Mikleo.png (139KB, 206x526px) Image search: [Google]
Mikleo.png
139KB, 206x526px
Does anyone have suggestions for somewhat androgynous costly makeup? I'm trying to decide what to do for this character, but crossplay makeup tutorials are so heavy on details for older/more masculine characters. Is it still wise to do the same style of contouring and everything?
>>
>>8780444
Crossplay, not costly
>>
Any eye makeup tips for someone with wideset eyes with epicanthic folds? All the tutorials I've seen for wideset eyes says to use dark shades in the inner corners, but that doesn't work with epicanthic folds. I'm sick of looking like a stretched-out alien.
>>
>>8766115
>toss brushes
send them to me anon
>>
Wondering about shimmery eyeshadows - I heard the generic rule being to use all matte and limit to one shimmery, but is this true? I was given an all shimmery palette (four tones) and was wondering how I should go about applying it...
>>
Normally, I don't feel like doing my makeup. I just stick to moisturizer and lip balm/gloss. When I do wear makeup, I will typically go all out on my eyes, brows, a little blush or I might do some contouring. For meets and conventions I'll typically use falsies and do more contouring and more blush.
Nyx eyeliners, actually I use a good deal of nyx products as they're on par with some higher end stuff. I have some ELF Disney palettes that I really like but honestly don't use all that much.
Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I swear by that stuff. I also love their eyeshadows (I own Naked 3 and some various other palettes) and pencil eyeliners. But since the eyeliner is pricey when not on sale, I've found nyx to be a good substitute. I have a few smashbox products as well. I love their mascara. But I'm not fond of their eyeshadow primer as it has zero blend-ability unlike UD.
Missha Perfect Cover BB cream is about the only Asian product I've tried. I've been using it for a few years, and I like it for light coverage. But I'm looking for a more matte finish foundation.
Our makeup rules say "tasteful" so I guess anything as long as I don't go in looking like a literal clown. I don't like to wear it much at work though since I tend to be running around, unloading trucks and getting messy but I've made it a goal to wear makeup at least once a week on a daily basis.
>>
Any recommendations for cute looking but still good makeup?
Im tryna get a little present together for my friend, I'm currently just looking at Etude House.
Skin care stuff is okay too!
>>
So this is my first time posting and I was just curious if you all had a pastebin or tutorials on basic make-up shit (what to buy, application, etc.). Im a guy that knows literally nothing about make-up and all ive ever done is put on foundation to hide my 5 o clock shadow and i look pale as hell in every pic i take. now with some christmas money on hand its time i actually learn how to do make up right
>>
>>8763375
Very basic for work, since I'd rather sleep more, than wake up a half hour earlier to put effort in. Hourglass Primer, Bourjois - Healthy mix Serum, Too Faced - Better than Sex Mascara, Stila - In The Light palette, Dollywink - Felt tip liner & an Etude House - lip stain.

Sometimes I'll just do the liner, because... sleep.

ELF Concealer & Highlight.

Benefit - They're Real & Too Faced - Better than Sex Mascaras. Jeffree Star Velour Liquid lipsticks.
Etude House - Cherry lips stains, Secret Brush 121 (Amaaazinngg!) & Tear eyes liner!

Yes, but I have to get up early, and I'd rather sleep in, desu.

Laziest make-up enthusiast ever. Until the weekend tho.
>>
>>8782483
>look up "how to pick right foundation for skin"
Personally, I went through trial-and-error and tried 3 or 4 different foundations (and still haven't found the perfect one).

What other effects are you trying to achieve aside from hiding your 5-o-clock shadow? More dramatic eyes? A more sculpted-looking face?
>>
I figured here would be good place to ask this. But I'm super, super pale so finding a matching foundation is pretty tough in the first place. But I recently purchased a really pale blonde wig for a costume, and it brings out ALL of the red in my skin tone, and coupled with the fact the costume itself is pink and red, I don't want to end up with a tomato face. What should I do to cut down on the redness? I'm not that makeup savy as it is. Very basic. But willing to try new things!
>>
>>8782882
the thing ive worried most about is my 5 o clock shadow, despite the few foundations ive tried it doesnt seem to hide it very well. my face is pretty well angled so im not too worried about contouring and id like dramatic eyes but i guess i just want to keep it simple for the time being
>>
>>8782839

Me too anon, me too.

Sometimes I just put moisturiser on. I just can't be damned.
>>
>>8783465
Depending on how red, you could try a green primer but sometimes, by the time you put enough on to cancel out redness it makes your skin look really grey. If you're starting to venture into skin disorder/irritation level redness go for bright yellow primer (I think mufe has a yellow one too but I know for sure they have green).

If you don't actually have redness to speak of and it is mostly your wig and clothes making your skin read red, try a banana powder/colour correcting yellow powder to set (a lot of people like Ben nye, Bobbi Brown also has one). Use a light hand.

I have a bit of redness but I prefer powders over tinted primers myself.
>>
Hey anons I have a problem where after my foundation and concealer, the setting powder makes the concealed areas around my eyes and mouth look flaky, sort of caked/patchy? I have really dark brown areas under my eyes and around my mouth which I also want to get rid of of but I still can't fully hide it when wearing makeup. Any idea how to fix both problems?

Also I know I'm dehydrated so I wear a rich Simple moisturiser and Photoready primer.
>>
>>8781631
Their range of cherry lip tints smell amazing and look really nice. They suit all skin tones, although I've only got the darker pink one. Their packaging tends to be great in general, so anything goes. The blush would be a good choice, it comes in a really cute little pot. Kawaii as fuck.
>>
i need a decent but cheap brush set. anyone know any sales? preferably under $50
>>
File: colorcorrectingpalette_main.jpg (6KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
colorcorrectingpalette_main.jpg
6KB, 195x195px
>>8770067
1. you'll need a purple concealer to cancel out the green . pic related

2. nope, but im interested. you could try ordering samples from "black phoenix alchemy lab." theyre oils but not sure about them bring "organic" or hypoallergenic
>>
>>8770284
eyebrows should be a couple shades darker than your hair color. you could try to conceal your real eyebrows and draw them on. look up cosplay vids for eyebrows
>>
>>8770067
I use an orange creme color makeup under the eye and set it with a translucent powder. Ben Nye's neutral set works really well. Use a light amount so you won't exaggerate any creases under your eyes. Then go over the top of that with a concealer or your foundation and set that as well. Be sure to also moisturize your face. The areas under your eyes can be particularly dry too.
>>
>>8784114
using a translucent setting powder (a finer milled powder) can help prevent the area around the eyes from becoming patchy/dry.
>>
>>8784163
I really love Skinfood's peach sake finishing powder, what do you use?
Different anon btw.
>>
>>8784146
lighter, anon. lighter.
>>
>>8784146
two shades lighter for dark hair, two shades darker for light hair
>>
>>8784328
ah thanks for the correction
>>
>>8783484
You try epilation? It's a temporary method of hair removal that involves plucking out if hair rather than cutting it. Removing as much of your facial hair as possibly will greatly help with makeup application
>>
File: 1913223.jpg (37KB, 600x288px) Image search: [Google]
1913223.jpg
37KB, 600x288px
In the past I've been real harsh on drugstore products, greatly preferring my purchases from Sephora. But I think I have to backtrack, there are some really, really good drugstore products now I'd like to recommend. I think drugstore brands are stepping up their game. Here are my recommendations:

Wet and Wild Comfort Zone is an amazing little palette and its only $5, you get 8 gorgeous colors, super pigmented and generally nicely texture (the purple can be a little dry). I use it a lot.

Wet and Wild also has little trios, two of which I have and can recommend: Walking on Eggshells and I'm Getting Sunburned. For their singles I recommend Nutty and Brulee.

My favorite liquid eyeliner is also Wet and Wild, I liked it better than Kat Von D's (which made me a little upset actually, felt very dry).

I picked up 3 Covergirl palettes, their entire 'TruNaked' series in Golden, Rose, and Neutrals. Each palette has 8 shadows and I'm pleased as punch with them. Seriously, I thought Covergirl sucked but these are awesome. Their marketing must suck because I haven't heard much buzz about them.

I like my $3 ELF eyebrow palette better than my Anastasia Brow Gel.
>>
>>8786330
>Covergirl
Do you know if they are shipping to UK?
>>
>>8786364
No unfortunately, I bought it at the drugstore

They don't look quite as vibrant on me since I'm about NC25 but I quite like them. They are fucking VIBRANT when applied with a damp brush too. The shape of the eyeshadow pans means I can safely use one end for dry application and the other end for wet application.

In general I think wet applying is underrated, you can really play around with the opacity that way. At the very least it makes blending so much easier.
>>
>>8779465
Try a cushion-type bb

>>8779560
If you put the sunscreen on under the bb it wouldn't reduce the effectiveness. And you can also touch up with a sunscreen mist during the day
>>
When i go out or doing pics, i don't have a job yet.
I used to buy chinese dollar shit makeup, but the cheap options i buy usually is Rimmel, yes i'm a Eurofag and i don't know US brands.
I don't buy expensive makeup, i prefer to spend more for clothing. The only high end product i have is a Collistar primer.
I want to buy many korean makeup items, from Etude House, Holika Holika or Tony Moly but the damn customs are my concern.
Well as i said i don't have a outside job yet, i just sell stuff online because i'm graduating university, my makeup is asian inspired even if i'm white, i use the doe/puppy eye eyeliner thing, natural, pink or grey/black eyeshadow, pink blush and red or pink lipgloss. It's very toned down so i can go to lessons with no issue.
Anons, i would like to know if this panda stick by TonyMoly works for my dark circles. Where i live i can't find a stick to lighten my dark circles, concealers don't work at all.
>>
>>8786364
Covergirl and Max Factor share a lot of the same products, under different names sometimes.
>>
Any recommendations for a medium to full coverage foundation?
>>
I-is anyone getting the new Star Wars make-up? The lipstick colors look really great.
>>
What number is the It's Skin Babyface Petit BB in the MAC foundation matrix?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 308x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 308x276px
Is this photoshopped?
>>
>>8787220
I don't think you have to worry about the customs. Especially not when it comes to makeup, unless you are spending hundreds and hundreds of £££ or €€€ in one go. In UK for example, every purchase outside of Eu that is under £135, the customs don't care, you don't pay anything.

But of course, safest thing is to check the regulations within your country.
>>
>>8779346
Missha's Signature Real Complete in No.13 is pretty pale and works perfectly for me!
>>
File: Miranda-Kerr.jpg (168KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Miranda-Kerr.jpg
168KB, 1000x1000px
Two things:

1) Does anyone have advice on how to make your brows straighter or give them a softer arch? Pic related. I think my brows are a little too arched and don't work so well with my features. I'm not sure how to tweeze them/groom them to get what I want.

2) Favorite eyeshadow tutorials? I've never really worn eyeshadow but just bought a brush set and a Lorac's Pro Matte Palette and am interested in learning.
>>
>>8789693
This is a good basic tutorial on how to used colored pallettes. Not sure this is exactly what you're looking for but it may give you some ideas.

http://www.makeup-box.com/post/81946138918/how-to-use-duos-trios-quads-quintets-a-few
>>
>>8789726
Thanks a bunch anon!
>>
>>8784141
I'd check out the brushes from Morphe, they're really nice. Real Techniques has great ones too but I'm not sure if they have large sets.
>>
>>8789693
I just shave/shape the arch with a brow shaper thingy.
>>
File: 15-12-31-08-41-31-450_deco.jpg (876KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
15-12-31-08-41-31-450_deco.jpg
876KB, 1600x1200px
>>8789693
Remove these parts of your eyebrows
Pic is just something I pulled off Google for "unplucked eyebrows" and drew over
>>
What are good contour shades for fair skin with pink undertones?
>>
>>8790119
What the actual fuck? This is the worst idea. You'll just end up with horrible short high eyebrows that are too far apart. This is a joke right?
>>
File: kerr.png (336KB, 896x346px) Image search: [Google]
kerr.png
336KB, 896x346px
>>8789693
Eyebrows take time and patience. For years I over-tweezed mine into a shitty arch, but I'm slowly getting them like Kerr's.

If you look at her eyebrows you'll see that she still uses basic shaping rules, but she gets that softer look because they're thicker and less groomed. You basically have to put down the tweezers and put up with some shitty brows while they fill in. The skin under your eyebrow will probably have follicle damage from tweezing. This means it'll be slow to fill in but you can apparently speed up growth by brushing the hairs with castor oil and various other serums. I've never tried them but they all smell of bs.

The red bits on my shitty picture are the areas you should leave alone. I brush mine a lot using a spoolie and very occasionally trim. I keep the front of my brows in a more square shape but I leave a few strays. You can achieve this by brushing the hairs up and cutting directly across. It shouldn't be a perfect cut or otherwise it'll look too harsh.

You should also invest in a good eyebrow gel and pomade. Gel keeps your brows in place and I use it to position hairs to hide bald spots. Whilst the pomade is great for faking that fuller look. Just make sure you apply it lightly to the front or it will look too harsh.

You can also get a professional consultation, but be wary of who you go with as I've had some terrible experiences in the past. Eyebrow tattooing is also gaining popularity so that might be an option if it's in your price range

tl;dr
Put down the tweezers and let them grow
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 540x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 540x608px
I need help covering up my thick, dark eyebrows and coloring them. I've tried everything and nothing works. What are some methods you guys use?
>>
>>8790226
Thank you so much! This was really helpful! Luckily my brows already have a decent shape and thickness besides the whole over-arched thing, so hopefully it doesn't take super long to grow that area out. Thanks again!
>>
File: 10644472-1406134109-643375[1].jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
10644472-1406134109-643375[1].jpg
30KB, 600x600px
Did anyone tried RapidBrow for growing naturally sparse eyebrows?
All beauty bloggers/vloggers are swearing by this product, but it is their job to be amazed by almost every product they are reviewing.
>>
While we're on the topic of brows - dark, thick ones just look terrible on me. How do I soften them up if they're already bushy and thick?
>>
I have really fucking thick, strong, like bordering on Slav eyebrows with some stray hairs and all that. How do I clear my eyebrows without looking like a complete homosexual? Do they regrow slow enough that I could see a professional or something?
>>
>>8790405
the guaranteed method is a good diet of vitamin c
>>
File: Ted.jpg (9KB, 200x274px) Image search: [Google]
Ted.jpg
9KB, 200x274px
>>8790435
>bordering on Slav eyebrows
Slavs don't usually have thick brows though? You're thinking of the Irish

Try sucking a dick, it might help
>>
File: Untitled.png (118KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
118KB, 300x250px
Hi /cgl/!
I don't usually browse this board but I thought you guys might know some tips or have some makeup tutorials for doing makeup like this, particularly with this eye shape.
I've been trying to recreate it myself and I'm doing a pretty fair job but it's still not perfect.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>8791734
Tapering the wing so it's fatter on the outside, plus good eyeshadow can do the trick if you look at the bottom one. Make sure to keep your actual lid a pretty light color though otherwise it can look too heavy. I also cheat and scoot my falsies say a 16th of an inch off the outer corner of my eye.
>>
Anyone know any good contours for extremely pale skin? I also use between NW 10 and 13 in mac foundation shades if it helps.

Also -- what are some good staple makeup/eyelashes to get for cosplay make up? I really want to improve my make up game this year as the UK con scene is notorious for shit makeup everywhere.
>>
>>8790435
Get a tweezer and some brow scissors and go to town
>>
Is it normal for your face to be one shade and your body another?
My arms are at least NC10, maybe fairer in places but my face is NW15ish. As a result I can't really swatch anything on my arms.
>>
Foundation/blush/eyeliner
Rimmel lasting finish liquid foundation, covergirl pressed powder, city color blushes
MAC lipsticks, urban decay+makeup forever eyeshadows
Facemasks? I don't have an asian makeup
Yup, I can literally get away with anything. I'm lazy and don't deal with customers though, so I wear bare minimum.
I have oily skin and most liquid/powder foundation looks way too heavy and cake-y on me. If I go too light, it never has enough coverage. Any seagulls have product recommendations, or things that work on them?
>>
how do I get my eyes to look bigger without using a lot of makeup? I don't mind wearing some, just not a lot
>>
Anyone know where I can find knock-off too faced palette?
I never really like the actually products they release, but I am fucking love with their packaging.
>>
>>8792393
Use a primer!
>>
>>8793258
You don't need a lot of makeup to do that. Thinly line your upper lash line. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes and under the brow bone. Use a neutral or almost nude eyeshadow all over the lid. Having well-defined lashes will also help.
>>
>>8793384
I have but it doesn't seem to help! I've tried BB creams and primers (even nice ones like smashbox and Mac) but they don't seem to do much with that. If i'm doing full face I do liquid foundation for coverage and then a light powder to set it (i'm super oily so powder is a must), and it always looks way too heavy!

Hoping I just haven't found the right foundation for my skin type yet, but maybe I just can't wear heavy makeup.
>>
>>8793285
which one? I can try and find naked palletes and too faced chocolate bar from Mexico. too faced is harder, I've only seen the choco bar
>>
>>8793258
>>8793405
This + curl your eyelashes. The eyeliner and eyelashes especially will open up your eyes and make them look much larger/more awake/etc
>>
>>8783484
It really depends on your skin, amount of facial hair, and hair color.

If you have pale skin, dark hair, and a full beard, you need a heavy cream foundation. Max Factor's Pan Stik is pretty good.
>>
>>8793829
Personal preference, but I don't like the silicone primers (like smashbox), at least not for everyday wear. I would go for a water-based one. A BB cream I liked is Holika Holika's aqua jelly. It's not full coverage but feels and looks hydrating.

You can also try spritzing water on your face. It doesn't set your makeup but cuts down on the cakeyness.
>>
>>8763375
I was thinking of going to a makeup counter to find out how and what kind of make up to use as foundation. I'm good at doing my eyes but just recently started using foundation and stuff and everything I buy seems to not match my skin, anyone have any opinions on where to go. I was thinking maybe mac?
>>
>>8794085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVVnn0myFeI

It's best if you do it yourself. Department store SAs and Sephora employees rarely know shit. I'd not chance it.
>>
Quick question - whenever I do my eyeshadow it looks really smudgy and dirty, does anyone know why this happens?
>>
>>8793384
Have you tried specifically oil controlling ones rather than the silicone fill in your pores ones? I use a cheap one from Boots (UKfag) which seems to work for me
>>
Anyone tried the Innisfree Ampoule Intense cushion? How is it?

Can you refill cushions yourself?
>>
>>8794222
>>8794062
No actually, I think i've only ever used silicone primers! I didn't even think of that, thank you! I'll definitely look into those two and see if they work.
>>
Any drugstore priced eyelid primer recommendations? I've used Too Faced primer but it never works even though I've tried four different eyeliners.

Also, what brushes would be good for applying eyeshadow? Should I try for the angled ones?
>>
My daily makeup is bb cream, powder foundation, brow powder, eyeliner, mascara, and blush. If I'm going out anywhere worth dressing up for or have extra time, I use eyeshadow in addition to my daily routine.
Some NYX products, especially their studio liquid liner and matte but not flat powder foundation. I also buy drugstore mascara, bb creams, and lip balms as I feel they do a good job as the more pricier brands.
I really like Urban Decay, especially their eyeshadow primer, 24/7 velvet eyeliner pencils (recently got a bunch of colors marked down 75%), and the Naked 2 palette. I also like the Lorac palettes and MAC lipsticks.
Haven't had the chance to try any
Yep
>>
>>8763375
Primer, foundation, brightening powder, blush, mascara, and some glittery stick eyeshadow.
Nyx is great, but my favorite ever drugstore find Elf's eyeshadow grease pot or whatever the name is.
Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara as well as their blush in shade Baby Love.
Etude House's anything, all of their products are so good to me.
Yes, I work at an ice cream shop. Most people don't look at me anyways haha
>>
>>8795006
I use Urban Decay's eye primer which you can sometimes snag cheap. My friend bought me a tube from Nordstrom Rack for $5. Otherwise Hot Topics Blackheart eye primer isn't too bad and $5.
>>
what are some of the best websites to buy korean makeup / skin care products from as a us resident?
>>
>>8798638
Memebox (usa)
Jolse (korea)
Roseroseshop (korea)
Sasa (hongkong)
>>
What are some good face masks? My brother wants to get into them, but I couldn't remember which Korean ones were good. He's got dry, somewhat sensitive skin.
>>
>>8798638

beautynet korea, expect half your box to be free samples
>>
File: PowderBaseFoundation.jpg (53KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
PowderBaseFoundation.jpg
53KB, 250x350px
Is there a way to make foundation much lighter without drastically altering its consistency? Pic related is Merle Norman's powder base foundation (actually a heavy cream) and it's the best foundation I've ever used by a longshot largely because of its consistency and the way it feels. Unfortunately, I'm many shades lighter than even the palest shade it comes in, so I was wondering if it was possible to just put something in to get it to match me? What would you gulls recommend?
>>
I have a coord planned that's suppose to be sweet BUT it's all black... I have no idea what to do with my makeup?
>>
File: CC.png (708KB, 1043x526px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
708KB, 1043x526px
Dewy skin or matte skin, gulls? I tried to hop on the dewy skin bandwagon but I just look oily...
Doesn't help that I'm 18 and still have the skin of a 15 year old (meaning oily and acne prone)
>>
>>8800625
I'd keep it sweet and light like pic related, adjust lip/eye/cheek color accordingly to your skin tone because coral doesn't look good on everyone
>>
>>8801314
I love dewy skin on myself, anon! Probably because I have dry skin and it makes me look not as dry.
>>
>>8778998
Seconding this
>>
Makeup noob here. i am going to harajuku disrict soon. i usually do not wear makeup, and most just familiar with lenses and eye make-up. i am not certain what looks good or bad, at least to cgl standards. what do you think about this makeup? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foa68Xck8CU
thinking of maybe using some other glitter, and adding a star or a cute 3d sticker. i cannot test too many things due to sensitive skin, so cannot test too much.
i excuse bad english and wall. please do not be to mean.
>>
>>8801705
Well what are you planning to wear? You should match your makeup to your outfit
>>
File: maybelline.jpg (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
maybelline.jpg
5KB, 205x246px
Does anyone else just overall hate wearing foundation? I always get super uncomfortable when i wear it and end up rubbing it all off because it is driving me crazy!

I recently got the Maybelline foundation in the pick, and it's practically like water but it still drives me nuts, although it is much more bearable. I usually just wear concealer under my eyes and around my nose, even if i'm doing something super dramatic.
>>
>>8801789
of course, I will change the colors a bit to what I wear as well, after used to the original. what id like to know is how it looks in general, like, would it pass good for harajuku/fairy kei? i dont want to get too insecure.
>>
>>8801937
I hate wearing foundation too, I just wear bb cream plus tinted powder, my skin is clear enough to get away with it fortunately.
>>
>>8802160
Do you have a picture of the outfit? What color will your hair/wig be? Skintone? These would all be helpful
Usually girls in street snaps keep it pretty simple
>>
>>8801937
Yes. I swear, it doesn't matter which one I try, I get oily pretty fast (like 2 hours). I heard Nars might be good for that but it's pricy and I don't wanna buy the wrong shade so I'm gonna wait until spring break when I'll be near a mall again (school is in a shitty touristy town with no sephora or other place that carries mid-high end makeup) to go and find my correct shade.
>>
>>8801314
Same as you anon, I have super oily skin even at 20 so matte is all I'm comfortable with. Even highlighting my cheek bones can look too shiny for me.
>>
>>8795006
Try the Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day primer, it's about $5 and is similar to the UD Primer Potion (which I just picked up at Nordstrom Rack like the other anon mentioned)

I'd recommend the ELF Studio line of eyeshadow brushes if you're just starting out. Try a dense C shaped one to pack on color, and a few fluffier ones to blend, maybe a crease brush as well! Angled brushes are usually used to apply liner or for eyebrows.
>>
>>8794204
Are you cleaning your brushes after every use? Sometimes I'll have a makeup wipe or tissue out so I can dust off my brushes between colors so they all don't mix together. Use an eyeshadow primer if you don't already, that can keep your eyeshadow from creasing and smudging together too. Good luck!
>>
File: 1449198838011-1.jpg (19KB, 139x163px) Image search: [Google]
1449198838011-1.jpg
19KB, 139x163px
Anyone else really bad at putting on more than one shade of eye-shadow? I feel really bad about this, because I got a nice eye-shadow pallette for Christmas (Too Faced Natural Matte) and it even comes with instructions on how to do three different looks (like where to put each color) and yet I still look like a kid playing with mommy's makeup. One shade on my lids and another under my eyes was doable, but multiple shades on my lids always seems to go wrong. Maybe I need a primer (don't have oily lids but I think it'll help it stay where I put it) or better brushes
>>
Any recommendations for highlighting/contouring products? I bought this a while back as a way to get me into it, but this paints like a crayon.
>>
>>8805300
The little instructions are pretty good, but are you blending them? Basically using another brush to buff out the edges and make the eyeshadow look really seamless
>>
>>8805503
What's your skin tone anon?
>>
Any recommendations for a good powder foundation to wear over bb cream? My skin is combination but tends to get cakey and flakey (not dry really, more like you can see a powdery texture) on my forehead and chin when I put foundation on over my bb cream.
>>
File: Capture.png (353KB, 791x174px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
353KB, 791x174px
>>8806437
What is the foundation for? To conceal more blemishes? Maybe you should look into concealer then.

Also, I'm trying to pick one of these shades in eyeshadow stick form. I'm edging towards the first and fourth one (counting from left side), but which do you think would go better with my pale skin tone and brown eyeliner? For reference, my Mac shade is NW13.
>>
What is a good false lash brand or glue that won't fall off? I have such a hard time getting lashes to stay on
>>
>>8790405
Biotin helps too but then you may grow hair in unwanted places that you'll have to wax, sugar or shave regularly. But it does help. Clears up skin and helps nails grow too.
>>
>>8793829
Have you tried MAC's lightful tinted cream as a base and their Fix+ spray after you've done your makeup? I still have to blot during the day but it helped tremendously.
>>
>>8806433
Fair skin tone--I usually use foundations/bb creams that are labeled as "ivory" or "soft beige". Hope that helps!
>>
>>8766369
Lisa Eldridge - best I've found on YouTube and her voice is really soothing. She has some basic how-tos ff foundation, contouring etc, plus lots 'looks'
>>
>>8766603
What these 'harmful chemicals' you speak of?
>>
>>8806650
Duo. Make sure you wait for it to dry to tacky before you put the lashes on.
>>
>>8766603
>goodguide
>EWG
>reliable
top kek
>>
>>8766795
I hear tinfoil hats are trendy this season, you should get one
>>
>>8806885
not op but eyelash glue usually contains formaldehyde. can't really think of anything else, buying from higher end brands and reputable places for other makeup should be fine
>>
hey let me know if this is too off topic and I'll post it somewhere else but I need help with something.

my skin has been very dry this winter to were anytime I wear makeup my skin looks very dry and flaky and if I don't my skin is very red. right now it's gotten so bad that the skin on my nose is almost raw, like I feel like it's just peeling off.

Does anyone recommend any lotions or something to get my skin smooth again? should I exfoliate or will that make it worse?
>>
>>8806855
If you're willing to splurge, Lorac has a contour palette that's generally considered a HG product. Haven't tried it myself I'm the Too Faced anon from further up the thread and I use the lightest shade (heaven) in that palette to highlight the bridge if my nose because it's matte.
On the cheapen end, Canmake makes nose contouring stuff aimed at gyaru and the reviews say its good for pale skin
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MWD5BW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_mOSKwbA2XZBP9
>>
>>8806932
Perhaps try the skincare thread?
>>8801724
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
>>
File: step-eyebrow.jpg (13KB, 294x165px) Image search: [Google]
step-eyebrow.jpg
13KB, 294x165px
>>8790435
A decent barber can take care of it. They'll trim it with a comb for you and it does a damn good bit for guys. Most dudes just never ask. They won't even charge extra usually just tip extra.
>>
>>8806894
I'll usually put a dab on the back of my hand and then do another part of my face while I wait for it to get tacky and then drag the lash through rather than applying it directly the the lash and holding it or shaking it around and blowing on it. I normally get them on the first try with this method.
>>
Anyone else not a fan of gradient brows? I feel like I'm biased a little because they look really bad on me but I just don't think they're flattering on anyone and are just too jarring. IMO they look like you over tweezed your brows and went "SHIT I gotta draw them back on"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (357KB, 2828x1591px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
357KB, 2828x1591px
>>8808205
I hate the current eyebrow trend. It looks like shit and so obviously drawn on and harsh, why do people with naturally gorgeous brows do that to themselves? I especially hate the way they cut the eyebrow hairs so short, it looks like shit. Just shape your brows normally, it doesn't need to look like you have no eyebrows and have to draw them on even if you have naturally great ones. Just appreciate what you have.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 176x286px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 176x286px
>>8790435
Get a bikini trimmer extension for a normal razor
>>
Hey seagulls. I remember this post in tumblr but I can't find it anymore. I think it's about a powder that makes all the makeup applied in top of it waterproof? I don't remember what it was. I sweat really easily so this would save my life lol
>>
Have any seagulls tried soaking their falsies in eye makeup remover? I have little dots of pencil eyeliner on the lashes that aren't really noticeable but I'd like to clean them off anyways. I'm just not sure if it'll affect the lashes at all.
>>
>>8808234
this, and even those with naturally thick brows shape them to be so boxy and fake-looking. Like mine are sparse so I have to fill them in but even I use a soft powder as opposed to just schmearing dipdip on my forehead.
>>
Has anyone tried those colored jumbo eye pencils on their eyebrows for cosplay? I was going to buy a couple for eyeshadow purposes but it'd be nice if they could be used for more too.
>>
Since losing weight, I've started to feel a lot better about my stuff and my appearance.

Can anyone suggest some good beginner guides? Google was a little too overwhelming and I've checked /r/makeupaddiction and while it was helpful, it was a little too broad.

Thank you
>>
File: JS60826441.jpg (29KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
JS60826441.jpg
29KB, 615x409px
>>8808234
I really don't like a lot of current makeup trends either, this is what's considered flawless makeup now and the height of beauty, imo it looks like drag.
Maybe in 10-20 years we'll look back on it and realize how ridiculous it looks, like some of the beauty trends in the late 90s/early 2000s
>>
I need help. What the hell is this shit by my eye. Is it just a shadow from my nose?? It bothers me like no other, I feel as though I see it even with concealer on. I honestly feel stumped because when I look on the mirror it doesn't look like a shadow but rather a darker more gray part of my skin. What can I do? I hate it so much.
>>
BB Cream, eyeliner, lip gloss.
NYX, Wet n Wild, and E.L.F
Chanel's eyeliners are amazing imo and Yves St. Laurent primer
N/A
Yes, but keep it simple and sweet. Dress in nanchatte for work
____

Can anyone recommend a good lip tint that doesn't look like I've spent an hour sucking on a highlighter?
>>
>>8809304
I have that too. Try putting a warm concealer on
>>
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periorbital_dark_circles
It's pretty common.

>pls be my gf
>>
>>8808372
I think you're probably referring to a Homestuck tutorial about making Snazaroo facepaint last longer. I can't find that tutorial, but I think she applied a combination of setting powder and setting spray. While her results where exceptional, I can't think of anything that will make make-up "water proof". Setting powders will greatly increase the life of your make-up (especially oil/creme based make-up) but it won't be water proof.
>>
>>8809874
Oh wow that explains a lot, I rarely sleep well. And idk anon, post pics ;) might give my fiance a run for his money hahaha
>>
File: pBBW1-17486035enh-z8.jpg (405KB, 1450x2195px) Image search: [Google]
pBBW1-17486035enh-z8.jpg
405KB, 1450x2195px
Anyone a perfume buff here? I received this as a gift, and I really enjoy it but the scent doesn't last that long. Does anyone know of a similar scent with a better sillage?
>>
I'm thinking about getting a really good setting spray, one I can get in Australia, is UD my best option?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 278x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 278x372px
>>8806933
Thank you so much anon! Once I get my paycheck, I'll look into those recs :-)
>>
lately, my makeup game has been off.
even though I'm using primer and moisturizing every day, a couple of minutes afer I put on my concealer, it starts looking flaky and weird. the foundation gets 'clumpy' next to my nose and under my eyes, and the concealer won't blend on top of my zits.
is this maybe because my makeup is too old? or is my skin just totally dried out? fuck. idk. it used to be that makeup was the only thing that made me feel comfortable leaving the house and now I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. i feel like a hag.
>>
>>8811239
It's probably dry skin considering the season. I had it really bad too recently since I just got back from vacation in a humid place and live in a bone dry climate. Just baby the shit out of your skin and, if you're not already, try a sleeping pack on the richer side.
>>
>>8809044
Every girl looks like Kylie Jenner now.
>>
>>8810997
Chances are it's still there, you just become nose blind to it after its been on for a while
>>
File: 312aGvzgTmL._SY355_.jpg (7KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
312aGvzgTmL._SY355_.jpg
7KB, 355x355px
Hello, I'm in big need of a peach body spray, preferably from a korean/chinese/japanese company. I usually like how asia deals with the fragrance of peach because I like things that smell sweet and just like the fruit. When I searched for a peach spray here in america I couldn't find any that I liked and I tried the bath and body works but they smelled too much like..perfume. I tried the Etude's peach bijou spray but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. If anyone could help me I'll really appreciate it, any recommendation is fine.
>>
>>8810997
Is it water based? Those don't last long. Invest in something more expensive, the big price tag on perfume is worth it. I like Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue because it's citrus-y
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-14-20-19-54.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-14-20-19-54.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>8789693
She's not a j-fash person or anything but I like the shape of Tana Mongeau's eyebrows because they're pretty straight without being completely flat
>>
>>8763375
>how much/what makeup do you wear on a dailyy basis?
usually concealer, a bit of blush, eyebrows and sometimes mascara. i'm studying computer science so i don't really want to wear too much make up because ppl don't take you serious if you look too pretty :3

favourite products are mac mineralize concealer, estee lauder sumptious mascara, sleek blush, and some no name brown eyeshadow i use for my eyebrows.
>>
My makeup routine is Lancome Teint Miracle foundation, Too Faced Sweetheart blush, The Balm Nude 'Tude palette (I use the black as eyeliner always and use it as eyeshadow often), and Hempz lip balm with either my Clinique Chubby Stick or this wonderful matte purple-red lipstick I bought for a dollar at a swap meet.
I like EcoTools' brushes, Rimmel's bronzer, and Revlon's photo finish primer. Everything by e.l.f. is great, though you NEED primer for the eyeshadows.
I don't buy super high end but.. My current favorite is my Lancome foundation, it makes my skin glow and gives benefits + the perfect range of coverage (sheer to medium). It's like a buildable BB cream. I also love everything with cocoa by Too Faced (I have the cocoa bronzer).
I like Tony Moly's Moist Face Mist when I tried it in the store, I plan to go wild on Amazon and try a bunch of their stuff. Their cute packaging kills me.
I'm a student but will be co- teaching next semester. I'm pretty sure what I wear now is fine but I can easily modify my current routine to be suitable, maybe just using a nude lipstick and making a less thick line for my eyeliner.
>>
File: Irisviel3_zps85f9a25a.jpg (35KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Irisviel3_zps85f9a25a.jpg
35KB, 750x422px
What make up - in particular lashes - would people recommend for this character? I'm planning on doing my normal natural cosplay make-up, with natural lashes, but she has that cat-eye thing going on. It's clearly supposed to be part of her lashes, not an eyeliner wing, from the way it looks when her eyes are closed. And other female characters in the series don't have it. I was either planning on a very fine eyeliner wing, or layering lashes. But I don't want to end up looking like Nigri with porn star make up. So if anyone could recommend winged but natural lashes that would be much appreciated!
>>
>>8763375
Cheap drugstore green concealer, Urban Decay Naked foundation, whichever translucent powder I'm using at the moment, a Maybelline nude eyeshadow palette, Kat Von D liquid liner, Barry M pencil liner, Urban Decay mascara, brow mascara, Eylure 110 lashes, assorted lip colours. It's a lot, I know.
Most things by MUA.
I love the Kat Von D liner so far, and I really like the Bobbi Brown foundation stick but it's a bit too heavy for daily wear.
Anything for my eyebrows. Lots of lashes, too.
Yup. Never had an issue.
>>
File: x5081.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
x5081.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>8809044
I hate overdrawn lip trend. Unless you editing a photo to the point of drawing it from scratch you're not fooling anyone. I also hate brown lips, very few people look good in this, esp if it's in poo colour.
>>
How do I minimize Jew nose? I am ethnically Jewish and have the stereotypical look.
>>
File: et_eyelash_16_large.jpg (76KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
et_eyelash_16_large.jpg
76KB, 480x480px
>>8814692
etude house's princess pointlash, maybe? plus the winged eyeliner, like you mentioned
>>
Any contouring tips for softening a strong jawline to make my long face look a little more round? I'm afraid of making it look like I use too much makeup or something when I should be rolling with my natural features, but I want that rounder cute look.
>>
>>8814717
God yes.

Every time I see a white girl on /r/makeupaddiction trying to insist that "I don't just like brown as a trend it's the only colour that suits me!" I pop a gasket.

Brown being more widely available through the trend is a good thing for all the women who don't fall into the beige-to-peach nude spectrum, but the ones who do inevitably end up looking like idiots.
>>
>>8801937
I hate wearing foundation but I use Make Up Forever's foundation which feels pretty lightweight in my opinion and not greasy feeling.
>>
I like Missha's BB Cream No 27 spf 42 (I think)

Skin 79 is great too
>>
Daily basis? None, but when I do wear it it's usually Cover FX Calming Primer, Cover FX CC Gel, Cover FX Setting powder, blush, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, lipstick (i have this routine down to ~15 minutes yay)
Kiss brand eyelashes
Tom Ford lipsticks
Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel
yup lol but i'm lazyy
>>
>>8808372
is this the post you're talking about anon?
>>
>>8779534
the nyx wonderstick in light/medium taupe is fantastic! cream contour is much easier to blend out, and you can set it with any neutral matching powder.
>>
>>8788842
yes
>>
>>8788842
Unless, girl's only got two teefs, yes.
>>
my foundation gets flaky on the skin of my alas (the part of my nose near nostrils). any help?
>>
dunno if this counts as makeup but

If you had dark brown eyes, would natural green contacts be better or gemstone green?

It seems natural green barely makes a difference unless you're in sunlight or have a spotlight on you, gemstone stands out more on any lightning but probably looks natural since your dark brown eyes balance it out or someshit.
>>
How do you wash pan stik/other oil-based high coverage foundation off? No matter what I try, I can't get it all off, and the scrubbing irritates my skin pretty badly.
>>
Daily I wear CC/BB cream, shadow, and liner/mascara. If I have time I touch up my eyebrows because they're so light.
I use ELF eyeliner and powder in case of emergencies, and I like their $3 powder brushes. I also have NYX's brow palette, and it works ok.
Too Faced, I'm absolutely addicted. The packaging is great, and overall I really like the product. Plus when you order directly from them the shipping packaging is amazing too. I like Urban Decay, but I find that I'm growing away from their colors, not to mention that the foundation is way too dark for me now.
Etude House, I'm addicted to their face products. My everyday CC cream is from them. I also love their Baking Powder face wash. The Oh My Liner is also my favorite liquid liner, it's just such an easy handle.
I'm in a professional school right now and I can wear what I want to class, but I tend not to wear makeup to clinical because I have to be there at 5 in the mornings.
>>
As someone who doesn't know much about make up in general what would you guys say are the absolute must haves, both tool and product wise?

I trust fellow gulls more than youtubers telling me I need every skincare product ever invented on my face before I even get to foundation...
>>
File: shadeadjustingdrops.jpg (70KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
shadeadjustingdrops.jpg
70KB, 900x900px
>>8800337
i've heard of good things about the shade adjusting drops from the body shop, but im not entirely sure how they'll work for a powder foundation.
>>
>>8763375
lifestyle lolita so: primer, BB cream, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, lipliner, lipstick
Revlon's Cotton Candy lipstick
Wet N' Wild Sweet As Candy
Elf blush i found at the dollar store
All of the Too Faced Chocolate pallets
Holika Holika BB cream
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 438x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 438x339px
Good eye make up tips?
Whenever I experiment I end up looking like your mom going to a funeral.
Pic is one of my least terrifying makeup tests.
>>
>>8832027

definitely try using eyeshadow under your eyeliner, even its light. it'll help your eyeliner smudge less and give it more definition.

i can't tell if you're wearing mascara or not but i think using some would help!

with your eyeliner, try to practice using a good liquid eyeliner that won't smudge. with your eye shape, its also okay to just line the natural shape of your lash line instead of drawing on the wing. your eyes are a beautiful color and they have a really good shape!
>>
>>8832027
It takes practice. I'll break down some areas to improve.

>liner
Try a thinner line and try a brown color instead of black. You made the liner on the bottom way too thick. It's dragging the corner of your eye down and making it look droopy. Are you using a pencil for the bottom? I prefer using gel with a thin eyeliner brush set with powder or just powder alone.

If you are having problems getting a defined point on your wing, try the tape trick. (Google this to see what I mean.)

>Mascara
I can't even tell that you are wearing any in the picture. Look up proper mascara application techniques.

>Eyeshadow
I think you have some neutral shadows on, but it's hard to tell. It looks like it may just be one color and it's making your eyelid look flat and recessed. Look up how to properly highlight your lid and shadow your crease.

>Skin
Did you prime your eyelid at all? Conceal? You can't ignore the skin around your eyes just because you want to do a simple liner. At least put on some BB cream and set it with powder. This is why your liner is smudging so badly at the corner of your eye.
>>
>>8790336
Same problem here. I've resorted to just shaving them off desu. Apparently a lot of Japanese cosplayers shave their eyebrows as well.
>>
>>8790336
I use facial hair bleach on my very dark brows and colour over with some sort of liquid liner usually, applied to a brow drolly and brushed over.
>>
>>8830393
Oil based makeup remover, but you leave it on your face for at least a minute and massage with your fingers to dissolve everything before you try to wipe or rinse the makeup off
>>
>>8790336
I use hydrogen peroxide and a spoolie. It's a cheap but somewhat slow method of bleaching your brows. Applying several times a day for 2 weeks made my brows blonde
>>
I finally finished college and have an adult job so I want to start taking better care of my appearance.

What are you favorite / must have basics?

I'm thinking I definitely want to get a nice bb cream, brow pencil or powder, foundation, brushes, et cetera!

My ideal style is something really soft and simple. Maybe some Korean makeup? Please give me some recommendations!
>>
i need a makeup tip:

after a few hours of makeup wear, my face gets a little oily and red. i also wear glasses so that probably doesn't help with my nose redding. any tips or makeup to help with this?
>>
>>8836888
If you have bleached/blonde/light brows I highly recommend Kate Designing Brow N EX-4. I got it for Christmas and love the actual product and packaging. The blonde shades are perfect for my eyebrows and I like the texture of the powder and the size and shape of the brush it comes with. And the compact it comes in is small and has a built in mirror
>>
>>8837022
Ohh, thank you!!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-29-07-33-19.png (806KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-29-07-33-19.png
806KB, 1440x2560px
Does anyone have some feedback on Beauty Blenders? They're on sale today (see pic) and I'm wondering if they're worth the investment. I have some blending sponges from Real Techniques and really like them but I always hear good reviews on Beauty Blenders too.
>>
>>8790336
I have super dark (almost black) eyebrows. Some cosplayers use the glue stick method but here's the process I use.

I put NYX eye pencil in milk on the eyebrow making sure to go against the grain of the hair so it's coated on both sides. Then I apply a translucent powder on the eyebrow so it sets and isn't sticky. Afterwards I use a matte eyeliner close to the color of the wig I'm wearing. Then I apply more powder on top of that, finish my makeup and use a setting spray.
Just make sure you don't touch your eyebrows too much throughout the day or it may smear.
>>
>>8837751
You can get them for like $1 on ebay and theyre the exact same
>>
Hey /cgl/, show me your custom palettes if you have them. Like the Mac Pro Palettes and stuff. I just like looking at other people's custom palettes for some reason.
>>
>>8837751
I have a beauty blender and it still works great from being a year old. You just have to wash it and sanitize it often. If you are off put about spending almost $20 on a sponge, I would recommend the Real Techniques sponge which is I believe $5? It works pretty much the same, it just has a flat edge on one.
>>
Depends on the day. Some days I wake up earlier then others so I do bb creme, contour with bronzer, lipstick, and eyeliner. Most days no make up at all.
elf brushes
I don't own much high end except for YSL lipsticks given to me as gifts. As for mid tier, I like my lorac pro pallets
peripera lip tints and etude house lipsticks (they are so moisturizing)
I'm an university student so I can wear whatever the fuck I want, but I'm also a computer science major so most girls around me don't wear makeup or dress in anything except free tshirts they've acquired from random tech companies. I don't want to lose credibility from my peers so most days I do the same.
>>
>>8806644
I personally like 3 and 5 together because it's more muted and the 4th color comes in so many pallets i know. 6 is pretty too but it works better with black eyeliner
6 is pretty too but
>>
>>8790226
mfw little translucent eyebrow hairs and cannot achieve nice brows without drawing them on anyway
>>
>>8839396
I do have the Real Techniques one and it's worked nice so far. I actually got some for really cheap because they were on sale at Ulta and I had coupons to stack. Glad I picked up a good alternative!
>>
How do you put on fake eyelashes? I swear I used to be able to do it I swear, but now they curl up and fall off.
>>
Anyone have a favorite concealer and foundation?

I'm looking for a Korean look without being too dewy or oily?
>>
Somewhat old news as apparently these came out in mid 2015 but it looks like Maybelline is embracing the gradient lip trend , as their Color Blur lipstick comes with a built-in smudger made for this purpose.
As a result, do you think this trend will catch on more here in the US? I think what'll really jump start it would be celebrities doing it (like Kylie Jenner and matte lips)
>>
>>8839796
This looks promising! I might see if I can pick it up.

My current favorite is 3CE's lip marker. Since it's literally a market you can easily apply a gradient. It's also a stain so it feels like you're not even wearing lip stick and it doesn't come off during the day! However, it does easily come off with makeup remover.
>>
I have a problem with foundation. It seems like everything I use just does the exact opposite of what foundation is supposed to do. I moisturize my face, use a primer, and a beauty sponge that I always usually dampen a little. But my foundation always seems to make my pores look huge, is very patchy no matter how much I try to blend it, and makes the area around my eyes and mouth look wrinkly. I have tried to use bb creams that work pretty good, but wanted a little more coverage and have been pretty frustrated with the results. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8811239
>the concealer won't blend on top of my zits
I have this issue too, I am wonder if I just am failing at concealer atm. Any recs of good brands?
>>
>>8839796
Holy hell, that looks like shit.
Either the person in that pic needs to take better care of their lips or the formula of this product is really drying which is bad for creating gradient lips
>>
>>8839812
Have you checked if your foundation and primer have the same base? If they don't match, like one's water and the other's oil based, it can cause pilling and patchiness like you mentioned
>>
>>8839874
Good idea, I'll have to take a look.
>>
>>8839861
It's advertised as a "matte" formula so maybe that's why
>>
I need advice/recommendations.

I have dark full eyebrows and there are some wigs I would like to wear that are light color like light blonde however it looks horrible with the super dark brows how to do you color them (not bleach them cause of work) or what the best eye brow pencil/mascara that looks better than eyeshadow/acrylic paint.

It's for lolita.
>>
>>8801937
i hate wearing it too! i use a bb cream and even a small amount just to cover my face, but unless its the dead of winter (and it doesnt get very cold here, i live in southern usa) my skin gets hot because its being covered by the makeup. ive never been one to wear face makeup very much, mostly i just go without any. i know id be better off at least using some concealer for the bits of redness but i think it looks odd without bb cream too. so normally i end up just not wearing any makeup at all.
>good thing i dont go out often
>>
>>8806855
I often end up using my Naked Basics palette for contour (the white and then mixing the browns depending on how much shadow I want to create and whether it's a night or day look) rather than contour powder - you probably don't need to splash out on the palette itself since there are a load of cheap dupes out there, but consider looking for that. If you like the glowy highlighter/bronzer look, cream shimmery stuff is better (whether that's eyeshadow or contour products) but sometimes it's difficult to create the 'shadow' part of contour with creams.
>>
>>8843298
Unfortunately, you don't. unless they're dark colours like navy blue, forest green, etc, but colours like pink, white, yellow, blonde, I haven't found a way to make it work. You can go the wax and cover up route and redraw the brows in, but it looks like shit. Don't even bother with the gluestick trick. I'll take a mascara spoolie wand and brush mineral concealer powder through my eyebrows to make them less dark/obvious and it's hardly a fix. My best advice is to just get them waxed/threaded and have excellent looking, albeit dark brows
>>
>>8843298
For cosplay I use my clear lash glue to coat my eyebrows, then my foundation, then carefully brush brow powder or lipstick (depending on the colour I want) over the top. I think the latex gives the foundation and powder something to stick to, but since it's not sticking all the hairs right down they still look something like brows rather than painted lines. It also depends how groomed your brows are - ungroomed, mine are like two small furry animals above my eyes and this method doesn't work; when groomed into a thinner shape they look much better.
You may find this too unnatural for lolita still because it is still noticeable close up, but it's far superior to the glue stick method in my opinion and much more natural looking.
>>
File: 20160202_122359.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160202_122359.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
Pic is not flattering because it's not supposed to be. This is how I look like raw and I hate it. Even cleanly shaven and trimmed I've always wanted to enhance my appearance with makeup. After dozens of vids and letting youtube question my sexuality I finally found a full-coverage routine I like and can understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEGRR3jiGfc

Problem is, I am pretty greasy and stubbly. Would this cause any problems or would there be better substitutions for product used in the video that might benefit me more?

Anything is much appreciated.
>>
Looking for recommendations for a yellow-orange or true orange lipstick. Usually can only find oranges in the red tones and they always make my face look redder.
>>
hey /cgl/ people. I'm not a regular of this board but this thread seemed the right place to ask this. I'm gonna take a step at starting a business here. I decided to import korean cosmetics and I was trying to figure out if advertising on 4chan would make sense. Someone suggested /cgl/ as a board that might have some interest in this sort of thing. I'd be looking at tonymoly, etude house, and maybe the face shop stuff. This just came about from some difficulties I faced buying some gifts for female friends this christmas and thinking maybe I can provide a better experience. I'm based in Canada and was thinking to focus on Canada but with the US exchange rate so low I thought maybe also to deal with US customers too. Nice thing here is I aim to take customer feedback directly into account on what is stocked and I'll do my best to keep prices competitive. Gonna do a small test run soon with a tictail store but wanted to see if advertising here would be something to look into. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is kind of new to me on a whole bunch of levels.
>>
Any recommendations for translucent pressed powder? I've always had an issue with oil, but blotting alone just doesn't cut it, I'd like to be a bit matter.
I feel like they might all work the same, I'm mostly looking for cute and sturdy packaging that I can slip in my makeup bag.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.