[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wardrobe Post thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7

File: Kyashii.jpg (312KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
Kyashii.jpg
312KB, 800x564px
It's almost that time of year again! Some questions to get us started:

>Are you making a wardrobe post this year?
>Whose wardrobes do you want to see?
>Whose did you like from last year, and why?
>Do you have any special photo setups planned?
>How much did your wardrobe grow?
>Do you think there will be less posts again this year?
>>
This year will be my first, I only had one dress last year.

My wardrobe has obtained a pair of ouji shorts, 5 dresses, 2 blouses, a cutsew, and 5 pairs of shoes.

I'm not sure how to do a set up, but I'll probably just do a layout on my bed
>>
I would like to but I'm hesitant. Is anyone even interested in a mostly oldschool wardrobe?

I enjoy seeing everyone's posts,honestly.

Obsixwi's,love all the black and subtle detailing on the pieces!

Nope.

It grew way more than I thought it would and I'm terrified haha

Possibly but I'm praying there'll be an increase this year.
>>
Yes! I'm looking forward to it already.

I'm looking forward to alyssiumbaby, obsixwi, pyro-something and the cat ladies.

All the heavily themed wardrobes. I think it's really cute.

Not really. I might do a video.

I bought more than 20 dresses this year (although I sold quite a few as well). It basically doubled.

People seem to be posting a bit more on egl, so hopefully not!
>>
>>8759616
>>Are you making a wardrobe post this year?
No, I never do.
>>Whose wardrobes do you want to see?
I like looking at pictures but I think it's dumb to fawn over a certain wardrobe in particular.

My favorites are mannequin coord photos. I find it tedious to look at separate pictures with the dresses, bags, and accessories laid out on a bed by their category.
>>Whose did you like from last year, and why?
I don't remember. I looked at a lot of pictures and I tend not to remember names.
>>Do you have any special photo setups planned?
Nope.
>>How much did your wardrobe grow?
A few new dresses and a couple bags and some accessories.
>>Do you think there will be less posts again this year?
I've never seen the point. Seems like a time waster.
>>
yes
lostnatsu, marlessa, octavekitten, fanny rosie
I really enjoyed altered_imagery's post, I hope to see more classic-otome wardrobes this year
no
I think it tripled since my last post
I think it will be about the same
>>
Probably, although it might be my last time, my wardrobe has gotten too big..
I wish Fanny Rosie would post again, apart from that obsixwi, altered_imagery and the massive dress donut one.
I liked the classic and otome wardrobe a lot, especially ones with older pieces.
No
More than I had planned, more dresses and accessories mainly.
Hopefully not, I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
As someone with a big wardrobe...are you embarassed to post it? I'm kind of ashamed to own so many clothes. There's too many to display nicely. I think I need a cull.
>>
>>8759994
>Is anyone even interested in a mostly oldschool wardrobe?
yes
>>
>>8760626
Also have a big wardrobe, I'm mostly thinking how much time and effort it'll take. I don't feel embarrassed, there's always someone with a bigger wardrobe. And pretty much everyone was impressed by pyro_42 s wardrobe and there's wasn't really any backlash. Post and cull afterwards?
>>
>>8760626
>>8760685
I'm so jealous. I have two massive walk in closets. I could literally devote an entire room to Lolita clothing and sewing. But I only have four dresses and four blouses...
>>
>>8759994
>Is anyone even interested in a mostly oldschool wardrobe?

So much, yes. Especially if you're planning on doing any detail shots.

>>8760685
Definitely post the wardrobe and then cull afterwards. Pulling all your dresses out and looking at them is a great way to pick out what you'd like to sell, anyways.
>>
It would be my first wardrobe post if I did, but it depends if I have time this weekend and if I can get good pictures. I also probably wouldn't post it, but I wanna see how my wardrobe changes over time.
I lovee Mlle. Marianne's and Fanny Rosie's wardrobes, but they don't do wardrobe posts anymore as far as I know u_u
Alyssiumbaby, sodapop_wolves, and Cadney all presented their wadrobes really nicely (the first creatively, the second neatly, the third for the details)
I plan to rely on good natural lighting and lay my stuff simply on sheets-give a few dresses some good ironing.
A ton, especially considering I started a bit over a year ago. I don't plan on buying anything but basics and dream dresses from now on.
I hope not, I want lolita to keep growing!
>>
I started wearing ouji about a year ago. My wardrobe is very small but I'd like that visual of how it's grown, the only thing is I don't really use LJ. Would it be silly to post it on tumblr?
>>
Probably not. I just never seem to be able to put in the effort.

Obsixwi. All that luxious, luxious black.

Very little compared to past years. I think I bought a total of seven new pieces total in the past year and a half, and sold over fifteen.

Possibly. I expect more Tumblr posts/cross-posts, to be honest. It started happening last year, so it'll probably continue this year too.
>>
>>8761054
... wow. Somehow, luxurious and luscious fused into a strange new word. Sorry.
>>
Yes, I want to keep track of the progress I make, and changes

I like a lot of bigger wardrobes, but I love seeing smaller ones too because they'll often have pieces that I haven't seen before

I liked most of them, just ones with nice pictures in general

Probably not, I'd love to do worn coords for every dress but that would probably kill me

I sold about 70% of what I had last year, and bought new dresses which I like better
It's net growth is probably around 10 main pieces more than last year

Not sure, but I certainly hope not

>>8761045
Nope, many people cross post to tumblr and their blogs, but it would be cool too if you just posted on tumblr!
>>
>>8760038
I don't think allissiumbaby's wardrobe will be that spectacular this year. She did sell off almost anything noteworthy for her wedding earlier this year.
>>
>>8760626
I've seen different reactions depending on how people choose to display their items. Pyro42's dress donuts went over really well, because they were really aesthetically pleasing, but I think two years ago there was a girl who just took pictures of her clothes kind of lined up in a pile, and some seagull mentioned that they wished the setup was better and she showed up here and told people it was because she had too much clothes and too little time and flounced. That put people off because of her shit attitude. I've also seen some people with big wardrobes just choose to display a few of their favorites, sometimes just really nicely coorded, and I think that's a good option, too.
>>
>>8759994
>I would like to but I'm hesitant. Is anyone even interested in a mostly oldschool wardrobe?
YES!!!
>>
I got a mannequin for my birthday, so I would love to do shots of each of the items on it.. sounds like it could be waaaayy more work than its worth though.. might just chuck em all on my bed and do it the easy way..

A girl in my comm.. Last I checked she had 2 Cats Tea Party dresses, so I would love to see if she has added to her collection

I think I just like seeing what everyone else has collected in general.. I liked seeing ones on the mannequins though as it kinda showed the dresses in all their glory.

Might find a nice blank wall in my house to display things against, yeah..

Recently got a job so not just a broke student anymore.. went a little crazy on the Taobao and Auction shopping..

Maybe? I have noticed in influx of noobs in my comm so maybe more people in lolita might equal more wardrobe posts??
>>
Yes!
No one in particular. I liked a lot of posts, but after a year I can't tell who wardrobes it were.
Anyone who had nice pictures.
No, I'll sadly be part of the group that doesn't have nice pictures. I'm probably just gonna lay them down on a blanket.
I've bought 15 new main pieces this year, I sold about 5. It is not a super big wardrobe yet, though.
>Do you think there will be less posts again this year? Yeah, I think maybe there should be a Facebook group for it or a group should allow it. I don't think any newcomers are going to create a livejournal for it.
>>
>>8759616
I think I will! If anything, it will be interesting to reference back upon to see where my wardrobe has come and gone.
There are some girls in my comm that I'd really love to see what they have! I think I'm also interested in seeing Choke's, and HD's
I think I only saw a few posts, but I remember I really liked this girl who arranged all her dresses and skirts in donuts. It was a unique presentation!
I don't know. I'm hoping I can get a mannequin but if not, I'll have to figure something out for the floor.
A lot. I started buying a few pieces here and there in 2013, but I only just began having full coords and wearing them out earlier this year. My wardrobe definitely boomed this year, went from like maybe 6 pieces to 14-15.
I think maybe it'll be about the same.
>>
Undecided
Obsixwi! So much black!
alyssiumbaby, pyro_42, obsixwi, I remember those ones at least I'm sure there were more. I like the big wardrobes, but always after one of them posts there's an argument somewhere else on the internet about what those girls *should* be doing with their money that really annoys me.
if I do one then not really but the photos can still look nice
five or so dresses, two blouses accessories and shoes.
if there are I think its more to do with LJ not really being used.
>>
Yes, absolutely!
I like looking at all wardrobe posts. Even the bad ones have some entertainment value. Looking forward to seeing how the nun trend has influenced people's wardrobes this past year.
pyro42 because it was really impressive
Just a white bedsheet; I have one I only use for taking pictures of things
By about 15 main pieces. I went a little crazy this year.
Fewer on LJ, more on tumblr
>>
>>8759616

Yes! This will be my second year participating.
No one in particular really, I really like wardrobes with a very cohesive theme (probably because mine is all over the place lol).
Nobody that hasn't been mentioned in this thread already jumped out at me last year.
I will probably take photos of my dresses three at a time and then post lots of details, but I aspire to be able to make dress donuts someday!
After factoring in sales and trades, my wardrobe grew by 10 pieces this year.
Probably. It feels like a lot of the online community is only passively participating and they talk themselves out of doing stuff like this for one reason or another. That, and without a social media outlet that fills the void left by LJ a lot of people just don't know where to go.
>>
Doing it again this year, most definitely.

I just enjoy seeing what other people have.

The people who have the large AP wardrobes. I go through saying, I own that, I owned that, I want that... But otherwise any that have nice photography and a range of nice items.

Eehhhh not really. I did get a king size bed so I'll probably be laying a few dresses out on it. Last year I hung them up on the wall but that'll be a pain in the butt now that my wardrobe is a bit bigger.

I went from 14 to 20 main pieces. Obtained a few dream dresses. Though I built up more in accessories, socks, shoes, blouses and bags and cleared out things that just don't look too great on me.

Probably. Most newbies don't really use LJ or have ever used it in the face of more popular social media. I'm seeing more long-time lolitas or at least those who have LJ accounts posting. I wonder if this tradition will carry on elsewhere, because I really enjoy doing this and seeing other's wardrobes.
>>
>>8759616
I'd like to. I started last january so it'd be nice to document my first year in lolita.

I don't really follow any famous figures, I'd just like to see stuff from my friends/comm members

There was a girl who had all the cat dresses... it inspired me

I have a mannequin I can use for my dresses, not sure what else I could do

From zero to about 15 main pieces

Who knows
>>
I was thinking about it, but I don't really have anywhere nice to take pictures.
Since I love seeing her post, I want to see siriusc's wardrobe.
I liked pinkstrawberrytea's, I just enjoy seeing her post.
Not really. I asked for a dress form for Christmas, so if I get one of those then maybe. Other than that I just need to find a good flat area to take them.
The size has stayed relatively the same. I finally found a good style for myself so I sold a lot of old pieces to buy new ones. I'll have 11 main pieces in total now.
Not sure. I've never been one to keep up with them unless they appeared on my feed.
>>
>>8759616
I really want to. Mostly to give myself a nice overview over my collection, as well as getting some compliments and attention from the Internet. I'm honest.

None in particular, I look forward to everyones' as long as they have QUALITY pictures (this is usually the dealbreaker for me).
I would have looked forward to FannyRosie as she's still my fashion icon but sadly she is not interested in doing them anymore. I also hope Lor will make a wardrobe video.

Everything with nice pictures. I do like close ups as well, ad I enjoy hearing personal stories related to the dresses.

I have a mannequin now, otherwise no.

Barely desu. About 3-5 main pieces, but I have a lot of new accessoires that I want to show off.

I don't know, the wardrobe posts still seem to be popular and even tumblr can't fully replace them.
>>
Probably if I can get a better camera or figure out how to take better quality pictures with the one I have.
obsixwi, DarkRomantica and Ailsa although I enjoy seeing all wardrobes especially the gothic or old school based wardrobes.
Ailsa's, I really enjoyed and appreciated the coord shots as well as the close up of details. I also liked Alyssiumbaby's for a similair reason.
I have a mannequin so I think I will use that.
I didn't post last year but I did the year before and my wardrobe has changed almost completely and grown by 10-15 main pieces.
I think so sadly.
>>
I might. It's been nearly two years since I did one so it would be worth doing. My wardrobe has grown a fair bit since.
None in particular, I'm down for all of them.
I really loved the layout and content of pyro_42's, but there were loads of others that I can't remember off the top of my head.
Nothing yet! I don't have a whole lot of space so I'll have to figure out how to photograph things.
Not a huge amount. I've swapped out eight of the twenty pieces I had for the last post for others, so it's gotten stronger and more cohesive, rather than bigger. I have far more pieces that I wear often now, but overall I only have two more main pieces than I had. I did go mad with accessories and shoes though, but I needed them as I'd been lacking in that department for a while.
Not necessarily. EGL's been picking up a little bit, so hopefully there won't be much of a drop.
>>
Speaking on wardrobe posts on Tumblr, I wish there was a way to find everyone's at once. Does everyone just use 'wardrobe post' as a tag, or should we come up with a year-specific tag? Especially for lolitas who won't be posting to LJ and just Tumblr, I still want to see their posts.
>>
>>8766446
seconding this - I thought there would be pictures of people's wardrobes in this thread...
>>
>>8766479
No, this is a thread discussing the upcoming month.
>>
>>8760626
>>8760685
It's a bitch to take pictures on a nice display and make everything look good when you have a big closet. I tried with my 100+ dresses last year but gave up and for fitted when it came to actually post. Thikng of trying again for this year but then just lay evry dress out in bulk on the bed (like here is all my green ones) or by brand.

>Picture is of some of the pictures I took last year
>>
>>8766539
Damn

Hope you get to post this year
>>
File: ffs.jpg (358KB, 1762x1177px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.jpg
358KB, 1762x1177px
>>8766550
just looked through my instagam and started to remember what a hassle it was. and how allot of people were complaining on wrong underskirts and what not.

Any ideas on how to make it look good not needing to pull it on and of a doll or a good way to maybe film it? Need inspiration to make this happen. Haalp.
>>
>>8766581
wow, maybe try dress donuts like pyro42, unless you're her, then maybe that would call for something a little different
>>
>>8766581
>>8766539

h o l y s h i t
I want to reach that level one day.
>>
File: tissue cat.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tissue cat.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>8766539

My god, this is magical.
>>
>>8766600

Sorry, 3am and forgot to clear the name field. Anon I'm super astounded at your collection.
>>
>>8766539
>>8766581
Haha, you do look overwhelmed in the second picture. I think organizing by color is a good idea, and then maybe a few detail shots or coords using your favorite pieces. I'd love to see what your closet looks like when everything's put up.
>>
>>8766622
This is a good idea, and I'd love to see how you organize your things, too!

Or maybe just lay them all out and film yourself rolling in them and cackling, kek
>>
File: meh.png (689KB, 597x545px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
689KB, 597x545px
Thank you all for your nice comments. this whas what I was about to do last yeaar but eventually just said "fuck it" and gave up. Hopefully I will succeed this year.

>>8766649
Going to be buried in a pile of brand.

>>8766622
Shit me not I was....
>>
>>8766446
#eglwardrobe? #lolitawardrobe would probably have the nymphettes shitting it up eventually.
>>
>>8766581
>>8766539
Please post, I was looking forward to yours last year! Though I'm not surprised you got overwhelmed, because damn, that's a lot.
>>
>>8766709
That's a great set-up. I wish more wardrobe posts were about showing the item and details, rather than just showing off how much brand people have.
>>
How do you guys feel about videos for bigger wardrobes assuming the video quality is good? I'm in the 75+ boat and don't have the patience to do a wardrobe post, so I was thinking I'd take the easy way out and do a video instead.
>>
>>8766939
I'm all for it, but I find too much talking and focusing on the same piece for over a few seconds annoying. Remember, this is a wardrobe video, and no review.
Keep it short and focused. Best would be a very short introduction at the beginning and then going over showing the pieces without any talking inbetween.
>>
>>8766939
I love wardrobe videos, but please do a little talking and explain about your dresses, what themes or colors you like, why you buy certain things, etc. I think that's really interesting, the ones with just music tend to be too long and boring.
>>
>>8766709
Oh, I love that setup though. How far did you get? I took about two days to shoot and edit, and my wardrobe was about half the size of yours last year. I'd love to do detail shots of all my pieces but since my wardrobe has grown, it's looking pretty daunting.
>>
>>8766952
The original intention of the annual LJ wardrobe post wasn't just to show off your collection, but give information on the pieces as well. It was meant to be a resource, not just a fun way to let people know how impressive your wardrobe is. It didn't take long for people to forget the main point, though, now you can hardly find posts that give details.
>>
>>8767106
That's interesting, what kind of details?
>>
>>8767106
I know what a wardrobe post is anon.. but I still find excessive talking annoying. And with a wardrobe of 75+ pieces, if you talk about each piece for 20 seconds, and add lets say a 2 minute introduction, it will make the video rougly half an hour long. I honestly wouldn't want to spent more than 10-15 minutes just on a random wardrobe video. I also want to read though the other wardrobe posts, and I don't have infinite time. It would just lead me to skipping the video so I can read through the other 5 wardrobe posts instead that were posted that day.

So showing each item for 4-8 seconds is more than enough for a wardrobe of that size and maybe adding what the piece is called. You can maybe pick the 5 or so items that are special to you and focus on them for a bit longer but that's already stretching it.
And videos are always more about the visual appeal in general. It may come accross as showing off, but I prefer them when they are focused and nicely shot. Otherwise just make a regular post.
>>
>>8766939
>>8766952
>>8766954
Keep the talking to what the dress is. I hate wardrobe posts that don't label the pieces, and feel the same about videos that don't give me that much.
>>
>>8767275
>>8766939
I agree with this anon. I love wardrobe videos, especially huge wardrobe videos, but too much talking turns me off. I think it's fine if you want to talk a bit more about your favorites, though, like your holy grails. Talking about those at the beginning or end instead of in the middle of everything might help.
Though honestly, my favorite kind of huge wardrobe videos are the kind that are set to just nice music, with no talking, dress names shown and really great detail shots, even if they're quick detail shots (considering huge wardrobes). Bonus points for super hi def and close-ups of detailed prints.
That said, regardless of what you choose to do, please make a wardrobe video anon, I need more huge wardrobe videos to watch. I swear I've watched every one I could find on Youtube.
>>
>>8766446
>>8766918
this, i'll probably tag mine #eglwardrobe along with the normal tags
>>
>>8767106

Yes, but you don't need to go on forever talking about it. Trust me, I'm perfectly fine with classical music and nothing else filling in the gap while I take in the breathtaking details.

Maybe this is deliberately missing the intent of 'video blogs' but personally if someone just did a bunch of detail shots without any speech whatsoever I'd be fine with that. It would fulfill your said original intention and it wouldn't have the annoying voiceover of how this was her faaaaavorite, like, dress, and it kind of only was like her only dream dress five-ever.
>>
>>8759616
No, my wardrobe is too small.
Anyone who has a primarily black or gothic wardrobe, anyone who takes the time to set up nice pictures and/or do detail shots of their dresses
I don't remember names but there's one large all-black wardrobe I loved
n/a
It went from 0 pieces to about 10
I think there will be more crossposts to blogs and tumblrs
>>
>>8766581
I think filming would probably be even less convenient than taking photos, since you'd have to edit it all together in the end. If I were you I'd probably do shots of dresses by color (more than one item per picture) and then maybe add a few pics of your favorite dresses coorded?
>>
>>8767156
Sizing, close-up shots of the details of the dress, just basic information like that.

>>8767275
You could always break the videos up into parts instead of having one 45 minute long wardrobe videos. Even do it by color or style.
>>
How small is too small? What's even worth photographing? I'm just curious on what the general consensus is with this.
>>
>>8767705
i think anything more than 5 indicates that you're serious about the fashion, and it's a good idea to post (even if not on LJ, just on your blog or tumblr) so you can keep track of any progress you make
plus, it would be way easier to do full coord shots for all your dresses if you only have a small number to do, and it lets you get some perspective on what you may need to buy more/less of
>>
>>8767106
The fashion is much more accessible now though, there's hardly a point in going on about the quality of AP/Baby etc when everyone knows what it's about. Brand plastic bags used to be a big deal too but they definitely aren't now. I don't think it's a problem that after taking all those pictures people don't go on about details that are no longer really needed. Much the same as writing a review of one of the major brands looked on as a bit of an amateur move nowadays.
>>
>>8759616
holy shit the reality just hit me that next year is just a few days from now. geez.
>>
>>8767875
more like two weeks and two days from now but yeah
i'm looking forward to all the new wardrobe posts but like how the fuck is it going to be 2k16 already
>>
>>8767513
10 pieces isn't too small for a wardrobe post! As long as your photos are nice and your wardrobe is cohesive, it will be well received. Also it's pretty great to see your growth for the years afterwards.
>>
>>8767857

I thought what anon meant was to say whatever is unusual, for eg if a dress seemed shorter/smaller/wider/longer/weirder/etc than official measurements, or if the lace/fabric/buttons was a departure from what the brand normally uses. Everyone can google a review, but sometimes you'd get a brand dress that's different from the norm. That, and brand/stock photos don't really show you everything, I'm always interested to know if bustle skirts have the decorations on the underskirt go all the way around or only where the bustle is, or how detachable collars attach, that kind of thing.

I gotta agree with the other anon above who said doing this for 75+ dresses is a bit much, though. Maybe just select a few favorites or unusual dresses, and focus on those.
>>
>>8767705
I did my first post with 12 main pieces, and it got really good reception. I've seen some girls with 5 or 6, and they were nice. If you put effort into the pictures and make sure to show blouses and accessories etc, it's fine.

>>8767857
Some prints bleed, don't match the official measurements, or have flaws that I think is really interesting. One girl put washing instructions for all of her dresses, which I thought was awesome.
>>
>>8767523
Editing and filming, I am used to and through and through take less tame then editing all the photos together. Atm I am actually thinking of filming part by part.
>here is the beige stuff
>here is the black stuff
>here is all the blouses etc.

Since I have a Youtube-chanel that I have been ignoring for like.. 9 months It might get me back on the horse to start filming dress details again.

>>8766921
Sorry that I have kept you waiting! This year.. maybe.
>>
>>8766539
Damn, how long have you been in the fashion?
If you don't mind me asking!
>>
>>8768274
4-5 years I think?
>>
>>8767705
I think anything that's proper lolita is worth photographing. There was one girl who, three years ago, had basically an outfit with a couple of different options and her posts have been my favourite ever since because you got to see her wardrobe grow from virtually nothing. Provided it's not badly done handmade or super-common Bodyline or a single special set, even if you have a teensy tiny wardrobe and photograph it decently I for one would love to see it.
>>
Don't know yet since I have a super small and super unspectacular wardrobe. On the other hand I'd like to see how my wardrobe develops from this point and stuff like that.
Everyone's but I hope the girls I follow on tumblr will make one too.
I can't really remember who exactly. There were two or three posts I enjoyed - nicely displayed, good quality pics, cohesive wardrobe which were nice to look at.
No. Just flat lay them and see how it turns out.
From 1 to 5. All Bodyline. So another point why it would be ridiculous to post, at least for others.
I hope not.
>>
I've been around for years, but I actually don't know who pyro_42 is outside of LJ. Do they post elsewhere under a different name? Or do they just have a low profile outside of wardrobe posts?
>>
>>8770832
Her insta is elzi_libbu and her Tumblr is pyro42
>>
>>8760626
Just take pics with 3-4 dresses in one photo to save space and your sanity...
>>
>>8770843
Oh I know exactly who that is, I've been following her on insta all along, fancy that. Thanks anon!
>>
I haven't made one ever so I'm a bit hesitant to start now, but I might.
Can't point out specific people atm but I really want to see more themed wardrobes.
The cat lady's! I don't remember her name but I really love her cat themed wardrobe. I'm also gonna echo what the other gulls said: I want to see pyro_42's!
Nah. Flat lay all the way
It went from 2 main pieces to 13! I'm really happy with my progress. I know it's not a lot for most, but I like my current pace; I don't think I'm buying too much or too less.
Hopefully not
>>
>>8761207
hahaha i remember that. that was kirapop.
>>
>>8767857
It's not like we have all the info worth knowing about every individual piece.

>Much the same as writing a review of one of the major brands looked on as a bit of an amateur move nowadays.
Honestly, we need more major brand reviews. People put brand on such a high pedestal as far as construction goes when there's a lot to be said about it, and you won't find many objective and critical statements about the quality off of /cgl/.
>>
>>8771573
This. I've considered doing in-depth reviews of some of my brand pieces, but I'm not sure if it's something people would want to see. There's quite a big difference between major brands, and even the same brand over the years (they usually get worse).
>>
>>8771616
I would love to see videos like that. I was honestly a little disappointed upon getting certain brand pieces because some have the kind of shit you would expect on a Bodyline dress; uneven stitching, bows and buttons barely attached, and then of course there's things like AatP's infamous shitty corset boning.
>>
>>8771628
I was pretty disappointed by AATP as well, thankfully I didn't pay retail for the dress I got, or I would have been pretty pissed.
>>
>>8771616
Maybe brand comparisons of similar items? For example, the difference between corset skirts or something. I got one from Lapin Agill, and I was surprised that it wasn’t even boned.
>>
>>8771119
I'm so keen for her wardrobe clearout. She said she was thinking about downsizing to move overseas late next year and would probably put sales up after her wardrobe post
>>
i've finished formatting my wardrobe post and have it ready for january
took me about 14 hours in total, from taking photos and putting the collages together, to writing and inserting the images on LJ
>>
Any anons have advice for a good background? I don't have a dress form, so I'll likely end up taking photos with my pieces on a blanket on my bed or floor.
Would a stark white or a softer ivory blanket look better? Most of my wardrobe is mint and brown, if that makes any difference.
>>
>>8780423
If you take photos over a white/ivory sheet make sure you don't have that many wrinkles and the lighting is fine.
>>
File: MapCoord.jpg (86KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
MapCoord.jpg
86KB, 600x483px
>>8780506
Would another color make it easier? The lighting in my apartment is kind of shit, but wrinkles shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I really liked the look of SugarCreamTea's wardrobe post.
>>
>>8780520
That's kind of a soft lighting, I'm pretty sure it was taken inside, and they just opened a window or something.
If you decide to shoot outside and take advantage of the sun and natural lighting they may come out like this.
>http://egl.livejournal.com/19531861.html
>>
>>8780527
>taking wardrobe photos outside
Do people actually do this?
I cringe when I see people posting sales and the items are lying in grass or hanging off of some tree branch or whatever.
>>
>>8766446
I think we should do "2016 lolita wardrobe post" or something?
>>
>>8780558
not so sure you get how tagging/searching works on tumblr...
>>
>>8779665
anyone else already finished?
>>
>>8759616
Probably, but I'm still waiting on a dress I want to include. I wanted to mane one last year, but the pictures looked horrible since I was living with my bf and his parents, so no room.
I just got a new dress form, not sure what a good background would be though.
It's actually smaller or maybe the same size. I don't wear lolita too often, so I got rid of OTT dresses and bargains I never wear and invested them into my dream dresses.
Probably, I think the egl lj exists purely for wardrobe posts.
>>
>>8780527
I'm all for natural light, but that's a really bad example. The harsh shadows and bright exposure ruin half of the pictures. That happens when the sun directly shines into your room from only one angle.
Also, just my opinion, but wrinkly bedsheets look cheap and tacky.

>>8780520
This one also uses natural light, but the sun isn't directly shining into the room and onto the bed. It's much better.

If you are going to to take pictures on a sunny day, and your setting is similar to >>8780527 where the light and shadows are just too harsh and distracting, here is a tip: Close your curtains (only works with somewhat see through curtains), then take pictures on a tripod with a higher exposure time. The outcome will be similar to this >>8780520, much more softer. Or if you have a floor lamp, you can also use it instead of curtains to balance out the harsh shadows.
>>
How do you guys feel about small vs. big wardrobes? I only have 10 dresses despite being the fashion for 3 years, but I purged a lot and I only keep dream dresses now. From the posts I get the feeling that 10 is a small wardrobe, but I only wear lolita a few times a month and feel like 10 is already too much for dresses I wear so rarely. So as impressive as 50+ wardrobes seem, I wonder why they need them unless they are lifestylers.
>>
>tfw I live in this weird apartment situation where I get a backyard but it's enclosed on three sides.
>Therefore the light I get is all shadowy and only occurs in the morning
>dead of winter
>no matter how fucking hard I try every artificial light looks yellow and horrid

Welp I guess it's harsh shadows for me.
>>
>>8787294
A lot of people treat lolita like a collector's hobby (as evidenced by the girls who collect themed prints like chocolate/cats). I currently have 25 dresses and wear lolita about once a week, I don't get a lot of wear out of each dress, but I don't mind just having them because I enjoy owning and looking at them.
>>
>>8787333
try photo editing apps to cancel out a lot of the yellow. If you light the room well enough and use color adjustments then you can get a pretty decent end result
>>
>tfw still waiting for a decently sunny day instead of all this dull snowy grey bullshit so all the photos dont end up gross and washed out

also i've been a longtime egl lurker but never posted before (other than sales-related stuff, i usually only post here and on tumblr), would it be frowned upon for my first post there to be a wardrobe post? Or would it be alright provided I put a brief little introduction at the start?
>>
>>8787386
A lot of people only do wardrobe posts, it wouldn't be weird at all.
Just put a brief intro like "I'm XYZ from ACD, I've been into lolita since XXXX. I really like cats and hate rick rack, so I have a lot of cat prints and no rick rack."
>>
>>8787294

The bigger wardrobes suffer from having a lot to go through (as you can see from the people discussing how to get through them above), so if you only have ten dresses it's a good opportunity to go into detail, eg take good clear detailed closeup shots of your favorite parts of each dress, explain why you like this dress or why you kept it, or any interesting stories you have with that dress. Just be sure to take good photos and try not to ramble too much and you should be good to go.
>>
>>8780520
My favourite thing about her post is that she puts a little bit of paper under her shoes.
>>
I know a lot of people include their otome pieces as well, but where do you draw the line? Are only brand (i.e. JM, ETC, LG, Milk) acceptable? Or could I also post Franche Lippee, Cath Kidston, etc.?
>>
File: CauZF9S.png (2MB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
CauZF9S.png
2MB, 1050x800px
>>8787333
You can easily get nice photos. I took all my photos on my iphone last year and they came out pretty well. Here's one for reference. I did a little photo editing. Make sure to utilize as much natural light as possible. I think i had one good window for this photo.
>>
>>8787968

You just need to keep in mind that your audience is mainly lolitas rather than otome fans, and tailor your presentation accordingly.

I notice that even with the otome brands, a lot of what is posted will be either relevant to the lolita wardrobe anyway, or it has a similar aesthetic to lolita. For instance, if you collect chocolate-themed lolita stuff, then it makes sense to include other chocolate-themed stuff, including otome outfits, because it is relevant to your wardrobe theme. Or, if you wear a lot of otome cardigans and berets with your lolita dresses, then it makes sense to include those as well, as they're practically part of your lolita wardrobe.

Alternatively, a lot of the otome dresses I see posted directly look like lolita dresses. It's pretty rare to see a lot of shorts and t-shirt-style cutsews in the wardrobe posts, even though JM, ETC, Milk, all make them. They're probably not what a mainly lolita crowd wants to see, so it's a bad idea to include them. In the same vein, I'd avoid adding too many of the mainstream Cath Kidston floral dresses, they don't really appeal to lolitas as much as the quirky prints from JM or ETC do.

Keep in mind the balance of your post as well, try not to dilute it too much with too many non lolita items. If you devote half your post to non lolita stuff then the lolitas will probably get bored halfway and leave. But a couple of photos of your non lolita stuff, tacked onto the end of the post with a note like "btw, here's other stuff I also wear" is easy to read.
>>
>>8787968
I included all of my otome pieces that could fit the lolita aesthetic. I excluded any shorts or super mini skirts. I finally own some Cath Kidston so I'll be including that this year.
>>
>>8759994
I'm especially interested in seeying old school wardrobes actually!
>>
>>8759616
No, sadly I haven't got the time.
And I'm also waiting on a few things I've bought that won't ship until the new year.
I might do it in 2017 though, and start taking pics early so I have more time. That would be the first time for me and I'm nervous about it.
Hmm, no one specific but I'd love to see the old school (gothic and/or sweet I love both!), non-old school gothic and/or EGA, Moitie, AatP/Baby, Meta wardrobes and hopefully people with lots of velveteen stuff cause I can't get enough of that either.
Sirius C is always a favorite. I'm terrible with names though, I liked many wardrobes from last year.
No.
Quite a bit but not as much as I hoped. I didn't buy much non-wishlist things this year which means no random sorta nice dresses I'm not after.
I'm focused on only finding my wishlist items and I definitely found quite a few of them.
Probably, mainly cause livejournal isn't really popular any more and I heard last year it was a pain in the ass when you needed to post a lot of pictures.
I'm hoping that those that do post, have gorgeous wardrobes (big or small, both are nice!) and of course, good pictures.
Hopefully no troll or ita posts (crazy downton abbey tea can chick anyone?).
>>
>>8788343
>>8788215
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep it mind.
All of my otome stuff is also dresses or long skirts, but I'll probably only include those that fit in with my other themes or can fit a petti, etc.
I almost wish there was a f.i.n.t community or something because I own so much of it and love seeing it.
>>
>>8759616
I really want to but I have so little room and dark lighting, I don't think I can make an appealing one. Also it still feels like showing off. Who would even want to see it? I have a small wardrobe so if someone mistakes me as trying to show off it would look pitiful.
I want to see more daily/toned down and mature wardrobes. Quality of presentation over quantity.
I really like the one presented like a Pokedex, and the all-black wardrobe (obsixwi?)
The really biug wardrobes were sort of boring.
If I do photograph stuff I will probably try to lay a few things out at a time.
A lot for me! Maybe only 8 main pieces and mostly taobao but for me that's a lot.
Yes, probably about the same.

>>8761054
>luxious
There's an x in her name too so it sort of makes sense, I like it
>>
I'm so fucking pumped for all the wardrobe posts coming soon
pls give me nice wardrobes to look at tonight after it hits 12 pm
>>

No, I never do. I feel like I'd be bragging. Plus then my outfits would never be surprising and fresh to people around me. I wait a long time until rewearing pieces.

The person with all the cat themed pieces.

Same.

See, that's the other reason I don't want to post. Taking all the photos is just too much work. Haha

A LOT

I hope not. egl is dead enough already. This is one of the few times it's active.
>>
I live in a dorm, so I'm going to hold off on wardrobe posts until I graduate.
I went from 2 main pieces to 8, plus 4 ouji vests and 2 coats, so I'm pretty happy!
>>
the first one is up. I'm excited. Is anyone going to do the coord challenge? It seems kind of cute
>>
Yes.

porphyria-ashenden. Although I think she's already busy posting it on tumblr.

alchemies. Lovely rare pieces displayed with pretty coords.

I just wanted to put everything on a white sheet and hope for sunshine. The damn wrinkles on that sheet though! I like the coorded wardrobe posts but god that would take so long even with my few items.

From zero to small.

Sure. It's dying. Probably more on tumblr though.
>>
>>8791020
Congratulations! I feel like ouji is getting much more popular as a style, too, so I'm looking forward to people's ouji wardrobes.
>>
What's everyone's favorite posts so far?
>>
>>8760054
why did you even reply to this thread with such empty answers
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.