[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /cgl/. In July I'm going to go to a post-apocalyptic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: apocalypse_shoot_09.jpg (380KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse_shoot_09.jpg
380KB, 500x669px
Hello /cgl/.

In July I'm going to go to a post-apocalyptic themed LARP (live action role-play) festival and I plan to wear a survivor-like soldier since I do play airsoft and so I have military-grade equipment.

I'm asking you to write me some suggestions about my future costume like kind of materials, body armors and stuff. It must look cool but also functional in a post-apocalyptic environment.

Also, if possible, I'd like to buy as less things as possible since is the spirit of the festival to improvise/make things with what I already have.

>pic related, what I think to gain inspiration from
>>
shameless self bump
>>
What's the event called?
>>
hmm idk maybe post more pix
>>
>>8753213
OldTown Festival

>vid related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hh9nBNOIg0
>>
>>8753218
also what kinda airsoft gear do you have already? rather, do you think it would look out of place on some kinda ragged-looking dude? idk
>>
> post-apocalyptic themed LARP

Why is this so popular now? Especially the "post-apocalyptic" or "dystopic" theme. My roommate runs off to one every other weekend, it seems, and whenever he has free time, he's working on his costume or someone else's. It was kind of novel and neat to hear about it the first few times, but then it turns out every single one of them has the same theme and people mucking around the woods in rain and wind and poor weather, and always people bowing up no more than halfway through the LARP because of the exercise that they're not used to.
>>
>>8753223
I got a camogrom from helikon-tex that does the main costume and a coyote brown jumper plate carrier. But then i dunno what else to do to fill the costume.

Not too much btw because of weight and movement obstruction
>>
>>8753225
i dunno mate. i've always loved post-apoc and cyberpunk movies and novels. Now that Fallout 4 got out everybody loves post-apoc

about the larp, i found out like 2 month ago. before then i only knew about the wasteland weekend in the Mojave but it is too far away and consequentially too expensive to afford
>>
>>8753218
>>
>>8753225
Well it would certainly seem more popular if you just met someone who's into it, yes. Perhaps it's different in Europe, but in North America it certainly isn't popular. I live in Canada, and to my knowledge our largest city has one post-apocalypse themed LARP. My province doesn't have any.
>>
How about you post in the actual LARP thread?
>>8722303
>>8722303
>>8722303
>>
>>8753225
>Fallout 4
>Hunger Games
>General YA distopia
>The Last of Us

Distopia settings are very popular in the last few years, it's not really a surprise that there'd be LARPs with it as a theme. People want to act like their in that sort of setting but don't realize how intense a post-apocalytic or distopia setting would actually be.
>>
any way this is a revalations load out?
>>
>>8753387
bc it's not a LARP thread. It is ABOUT suggestions ABOUT a costume used at a LARP
>>
>>8753383
Russia and eastern europe has a lot of hype for post-apoc things
>>
>>8753407
which is what they do in the LARP thread?
>>
>>8753407
that's totally what we discuss in the larpthreads when there is a need. Plus we aren't that strict about what can be discussed in the larpthreads either.

but if you want this discussion here that's fine too. in that case: what kind of role do you want to play? I mean it's a larp so first figure out your character then make a costume for it
>>
>>8753407
You fucking moron
>>
>>8753407
that's what the LARP thread is for, LARP costumes, it's not a RP thread...
>>
>>8753991
The character is a guy born and raised in the wastelands with a bit of military background. Nothing too complex though, just to explain how I'd get the military equipment
>>
>>8753383
I live in Toronto. I do a post apoc larp out in the woods.
But I know of a couple at least. Ontario is a great place for larps in general.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.