[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oldfag /where are they now thread? the old days have been on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14

File: cglmusical.jpg (94KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
cglmusical.jpg
94KB, 720x609px
oldfag /where are they now thread?

the old days have been on my mind a lot lately
>>
dude yeah what happened to masa?
>>
They dead
>>
I feel like most of the people on here haven't been around long enough to remember that shit. That picture is from like 6 years ago right?
>>
File: 1399260097636.jpg (99KB, 960x733px) Image search: [Google]
1399260097636.jpg
99KB, 960x733px
>>
File: 1394993364074.jpg (65KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
1394993364074.jpg
65KB, 560x420px
>>
File: Annex - Grant, Cary_NRFPT_13.jpg (224KB, 854x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Annex - Grant, Cary_NRFPT_13.jpg
224KB, 854x1120px
Whatever happened to Cary Grant?
>>
>>8747132
Something like that, maybe more
>>
File: 1397959809780.jpg (79KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1397959809780.jpg
79KB, 426x640px
>>
>>8747154
Wasn't the rumor that Jimi was dead?
>>
>>8747165
yeah because of whatever drama with LoFi. It's probably not true though
>>
File: 2143554-1.jpg (56KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2143554-1.jpg
56KB, 480x640px
>>8747165
I actually found her on Facebook a few years back, she's not dead. Apparently she was a homeless squatter living in New Orleans though, which probably amounts to the same thing.
>>
File: 1448481012978.gif (404KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1448481012978.gif
404KB, 500x380px
I still have a huge crush on Nick.

N-notice me senpai.
>>
>>8747198
What about lofi?
>>
Some of us became successful, some of us are still losers. Most of us left because this board turned into complete dog shit
>>
>>8747320
But who did what, that is the question.

Please share, I miss the old guard.
>>
>>8747320
sums it up pretty well

>where are they now
the majority kind of aged-out of this stuff, got jobs, started school, ect
the ones who still participate in cosplay/lolita, etc, seem to be more lowkey about it now
>>
>>8747150
Didn't he die?
>>
>>8747077
I have Masa added on Snapchat, and I don't think he cosplays anymore. I think he moved on to Twitch gaming or something.
>>
>>8747320
The board became shit because of trips circlejerking and derailing all the threads. Which also caused a no people specific drama rule and ruined a good portion of board culture. It was shit then and it's shit now, just a different kind of shit.
>>
>>8747492

/cgl/ is a soulless husk of a board

I'd take tripfags and dramu over this any day

maybe one day Jap Moot will undo the damage of his predecessor
>>
>tfw for whatever reason you can only remember the names of those completely irrelevant tripfags that contributed nothing to the board when they were here years ago
I miss Doll though

>>8747454
You might have him confused with Western Fella.
>>
>>8747320
basically this.

i only come for the taobao threads and the occasional historical thread these days.
>>
>>8747546
;_:
I'd forgotten about that.
How is his girlfriend? I recall she was going through some series shit from his family after it happened.

>>8747471
Oh man, what's his twitch?
>>
>>8747446
Most of us got jobs or graduated school / have a great group of friends so we don't need /cgl/ anymore. Some of us are still drifting on in life but who am I to judge.

>>8747492
Nah when this board first started pre-masa and pre-mags it was all cosplay and cosplay-related drama. Then trips invaded and half of them were cool and half of them were shit.Then /fit/ invaded and fucking annoyed everyone. Then /cgl/ banned drama, etc. Then the board died. Then /cgl/ bitched that there was no drama.

Case in point: This board was fucking stupid but most of us met some great people from it so eh. I agree with you.

>>8747541
Well, this is what we got. We're mostly on topic /heavily moderated but the traffic/daily posts has gone down by at least 80%
>>
>>8747452

This is completely tangential but honestly Claudie just leave this board and focus on school.
>>
>>8747667
I think the board was a lot more social then it is now. Mostly bc there was a lot more trip/names around posting frequently.
>>
>>8747676

Ehhhhhhh we hate to admit it but we have a love/hate relationship with drama. Also I hope you're going to Otakon next year!
>>
>>8747150
J, stop asking for yourself in every nostalgia thread as if anyone actually have a shit.
>>
>>8747679
Oh no doubt. This board was built on drama haha.
And I should be!
>>
>>8747165
She's not dead. But she has cut herself off from anyone involved in the community and is living her own life now. I hope she is doing well.

Lofi also is still around sometimes. I hung out with him at Fanime.
>>
>>8747867
Does he still cosplay?

How are his tats holding up/ does he regret them yet?
>>
I still have Lofi's nudes from when /cgl/ was red
>>
im cute pls remember me with fondness
>>
>>8747671
Never stopped concentrating on school but yeah that is tangential
>>
Oh man this brings back some good feels though I didn't arrive till 2009.

>>8747931
You should go to ALA and shitpost.
>>
File: cgl-hottest-tripfags.png (2MB, 1140x1593px) Image search: [Google]
cgl-hottest-tripfags.png
2MB, 1140x1593px
Don't forget the spreadsheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BCbwjx5Vnqq5LP7UvZBX2g4bqChiAdapRuFfl4U6Hok/edit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r8PKxgvcyd-dWm7nDaFbSl1I150KpECCSWmGp4bsu-c/edit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12tUQwEiqJNy-b2K5MPygCrZ5sf_7MbmptmG3cIzXWq8/edit
>>
>>8747667
>This board was fucking stupid but most of us met some great people from

Pretty much. It's very interesting that a lot of the people from that era of /cgl/ still hang very regularly. At this point, there are these groups/partyfriends/confriends at conventions where people don't know exactly where they know them from, just that they became friends from someone/something stemming from /cgl/.

I like to think the seagull meetups were the start of a lot of these. They've kind of diffused after so long, but a lot of the relationships are still there. It's quite an interesting phenomenon and might make for a great novel/movie/play/sitcom someday*

*I would like royalties from this idea if you decide to run with it and it becomes huge.
>>
>>8748306
I feel like there is some sort of comradery within the seagulls, especially the ones on the west coast. A lot of us are friends on multiple social media platforms and hang out outside of cons.
>>
>>8748200
Man theres an old pic.
>>
>>8748200
God damn it I was just thinking about how embarrassing the tripfag days were, I thought the spreadsheets had been lost to time.

...At least I learned something and I have a better haircut now.
>>
>>8747077
Ate shit and died
>>
>>8747140
I miss God
>>
>>8748306
It's true. Some of the people I met through /cgl/ and tripping have wound up being very dear friends or just about family for me.
I mean, a lot of us grew up, apart, or moved on with our lives, but a lot of the friendships that were built in those years are still going stronger than ever.
Good people can be found in the least likely of places, and through here I've met some of the best I know (regardless of the stupid shit we got up to on here years ago).
>>
It's like all of you lurk hoping someone makes the slightest mention of you so you can slap your trips on and start circlejerking again.
And no, many people do not miss cgl 2010/12 for the fact that you assholes had a thread about yourselves on the first page everyday. If you've made so many close friends, then take it to the proper social media. Nobody else cares about your true and honest friendships.
>>
>>8747541
I sometimes miss the days of old, but the drama was often really obnoxious. I once asked for help on how to go about Meltdown Rin and it almost immediately was sidetracked into a JJ drama thread.

Speaking of oldfag shit, I think one of the weirdest things for me is how often JJ is posted to HS threads with hardly any discussion surrounding her drama. I remember when simply posting a pic of her was bountiful seagull bait, but now no one says anything because most hamsteaks are too new to remember the days when she was our queen. I'm sure if someone posted a pic of Usagi Kou, hardly anyone would know who she was either.
>>
>>8748200
Why do people trip on here? Serious question. I just can't think of any reason to trip on /cgl/ other than; a) you're delivering or responding to people in a specific thread and having a name greatly quells confusion, b) for sales threads, or c) attentionwhoring. One tripfag said it was because ~they want to be held responsible for what they say~ but a girl who knows said tripfag IRL told me they've personally seen her drop her trip for the sake of talking shit about people, plus there's been a few instances of tripfag said same gagging and forgetting to take out their name. So yeah, I don't really buy that explanation.
>>
>>8749022
*tripfags samefagging and forgetting to take out their name
I need to turn autocorrect off
>>
>>8747198
That's fucking intense
>>
>>8749022
There is a very strong social aspect to /cgl/ because we frequently attend conventions and meet ups (this goes both ways for cosplayers and lolitas) So tripping is a good way for us to identify who we are talking to and who we might be seeing in person soon.

>>8748994
We do, we've been circle jerking on facebook for years now. In fact I don't see much old trip fag stuff mentioned on here these days.
>>
Is Lothos still alive or nah?
>>
I think my favourite thing about the old trips is that the ones who used to stir up SO MUCH SHIT are lolcows themselves/actively hang out with and immerse themselves in drama now, so that's pretty fucking hilarious.

I do miss the community we had, but at the same time it was so goddamn annoying when a thread derailed because two trips (who could've just gone to skype or facebook) decided to talk about something on the thread.

I was friends with a lot of the trips for years but the sekrit klub shit was annoying as fuck, and basically unless you were narcissistic enough to trip or call attention to yourself you were practically ignored.
>>
Does anyone have old pictures of trips or anything from back then? Bitching about the past is cool and all, but I'd like to enjoy some nostalgia
>>
A blast to the past.
>>
I always thought tripfags used tripping as the quick and easy way to achieve some level of notoriety in the anime cosplay scene. Including my friends who tripped. Masa was the only one who was actually honest about this; everyone else pretended like they did it to be "honest" and "accountable" (until they forgot to drop their trip *snort*).

Then the cosplay scene moved away from 4chan and LJ and found a new home on Facebook pages and suddenly, anime cosplayers who needed only be thin, mildly attractive, and decent seamstresses to be loved had to compete with hotter women who did more "mainstream" comic book costumes and could grow bigger fanbases than cosplayers who only wanted to gain notoriety to OTHER cosplayers.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the "get well-known quick" schemes for cosplayers went from tripping on 4chan to buying fake likes on Facebook.

Ironically, tripping seems so much more fulfilling in comparison.
>>
>>8747492
The only thing worse that the trip circlejerking was the anons who would shit down people's necks for just using a tripcode or completly ignore a good post made just because it was made by a tripfag
>>
>>8748200
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12tUQwEiqJNy-b2K5MPygCrZ5sf_7MbmptmG3cIzXWq8/edit

Who the hell was responsible for those sheets?
>>
>>8750091
think it was either BLUE or another UK trip
>>
>>8750089
Fucking this. Hell, I once got a 3-day ban for responding to a trip in an on topic thread, and was told it was for contributing to the tripfag circlejerk.
>>
File: cgl-best-looking-males.jpg (447KB, 1000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
cgl-best-looking-males.jpg
447KB, 1000x1900px
>>8749022
A lot of people meet eachother at cons, so it's easier to talk to them/make plans if you have a trip on

I've got the male list too
>>
File: 1372811535005.png (294KB, 432x750px) Image search: [Google]
1372811535005.png
294KB, 432x750px
>Will never be a shitposting trip again

Sometimes I am ashamed that I did, sometimes I'm happy that I did, but I still feel like a total retard for doing it. It was funny and met some nice people so I guess it isn't that horrible.
>>
>>8750419
>Will never be a shitposting trip again

Baby you can be anything you want if you just put your mind to it
>>
File: 1360961701752.jpg (779KB, 1578x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1360961701752.jpg
779KB, 1578x1500px
>>8750422
Don't think I have thick enough skin for it anymore, especially since I put on some weight so gg. One day I'll be back to being my shit-tripping ways, this place needs a breath of life anyways.

What were the purpose of these charts anyways?
>>
>>8750390
Whatever happened to Charizard? Didn't he fuck some underageb& trip and kinda disappear?
>>
>>8750425
Those were typically posted to other boards to prove not all seagulls were fujoshit landwhales to get robots or fitfags to flood the board with stupid threads.

The rate charts were just to cause internal drama/done my trips trying to gain points with the ones the rated high.
>>
>>8748200
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BCbwjx5Vnqq5LP7UvZBX2g4bqChiAdapRuFfl4U6Hok/edit
Holy shit, this is a blast from the past. Actually pleased to see I got a better rep than most. RIP trips.
>>
>>8747146
What ever happened to these two?
>>
>>8750390
>Best looking male trip was a fictional character

/cgl/ knew how to troll itself
>>
Does anyone have the board tan photos?
>>
>>8750390
Literally none of them come here anymore
>>
>>8752444
I think Maguma still comes occasionally, and the others might still as well, but without trip
>>
>>8748200
>see myself on sheet
>suddenly glad I never actually tripped
>really glad I never posted my face

Seeing this makes me really think of those days as my /cgl/ weeaboo era.
>>
>>8750390
Johnny got chased off by the board
Charizard posts in the occasional convention thread
Western Fella is dead
>>
hobbes
>>
>>8752549
Not gonna lie, I really miss western fella. He helped my own fella out with finding pieces a lot.
>>
What ever happened to Angela
>>
First off, a lot of the trips actually became friends with each other in real life and took their circlejerk to FB. It's kinda surreal watching a big group of randoms slowly develop actual friendships.

>Masa
Staffs AX now. Still hosts LCS

>Maguma
Still active here and hasn't changed much from his old cgl ways. Heavily helps promotes ALA as he's staff

>EDG
Has seriously stepped up his cosplay game and is getting a lot of fans. Recently was commissioned by Sony to make a cosplay for "PlayStation Experience"

>Zal
Is a cosplay guest for some AZ cons. Keeps a low profile online but goes to a lot of CA cons
>>
>>8747140
Ahhh Hobbes, I'd still fuck him.
>>
>come back on cgl for the first time in forever
>see this thread
>mfw I used to trip

But for real tripping is how I met a lot of people at cons. It was a lot of fun and miss going to the meetups.
>>
>>8750390
Tfw I always have and always will have a internet crush on Matt and God.
Hnnngggg
>>
>>8752594
iirc, she was banned from the board due to being underage. She has her tumblr though where she just posts tutorials and works in progress of outfits she makes. None of them really cosplay but just fashion inspiration.
>>
>>8748994
this
>>
File: index.php.png (241KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
index.php.png
241KB, 700x630px
>>8750974
I just hated it because at the time I didn't have any cosplay photos so it was stupid af for me to be on them

>>8752443
I have a couple.
>>
>>8748994
Previous namefag from said "age" here. This.
>>
>>8750419
I just started shitposting on other boards with a trip instead
>>
No not that. Damn. new fags.
>>
File: 1422155231367.jpg (62KB, 613x559px) Image search: [Google]
1422155231367.jpg
62KB, 613x559px
>>8750390
I miss the Johnny Bravo threads.
>>
Everyone coming to this thread like "yeah I used to trip!"

who are you tho??
>>
I never tripped and rarely posted, but I've lurked for a long damn time and this is so nostalgic. I kind of regret not at least going to seagull meetups at cons back when the social aspect of cgl was in full swing, but I was always too scurred of the big bad tripfags.....

>>8754583
Same, they were such a nice boost. What a good dude.
>>
I miss Broodmother
>>
>>8754515
Micnax is beyond disgusting jesus
>>
>>8754583
>>8754606
If they were such a nice boost then why did his threads always turn to shit fests?
>>
>>8750390
Does Diavolo still cosplay or post anywhere?

>crush? yeah
>>
>>8752701
hahaha no he doesn't
>>
>>8750390
no god? two thumbs way down
>>
>>8754583
I miss those Ultros threads.
>>
>>8749015
God I remember when just mentioning her name would summon her out of no where. And then she would start attention whoring all over the thread. I miss Usagi Kou no one could really drum up drama the way she did. She was truly a fun train wreck to watch from afar.
>>
>>8747077
He turned into a raging sjw whining daily about white male privilege while sucking Jesse Pridemore's asshole. He also is a holy crusader to stop the evils of climate change.
>>
>>8747867
I don't blame her. The community has turned to literal nuclear shit.
>>
>>8747931
Can you die in a fucking trash can? You are like the one of the shittiest two faced backstabbers from cgl I have ever met. Like literally you act nice and then talk so much trash in public thinking no one would ever see it.
>>
>>8747130
Rip in peas
>>
>>8757798
im already ded in the trash can donut worry about it friend
>>
>>8755568
yeah he does but i don't think he updates his page very often
>>
Most of us, at least on the west coast, are irl friends now. Why post 4chan to communicate when we can directly talk on facebook etc. I think getting older and more mature has decreased the need for drama and thus posting on here. When I first started going to cons and hanging with seagulls, there was some sort of drama every con, and at this point I cannot remember the last time there was. The only bad part of this is that cgl as a board is far less interesting.
>>
>>8754596
I don't think even if I put my trip on people would remember me lol. Maybe the same for others.
>>
Most tripfags have simply moved on. We do visit during major conventions. But for all intents and purposes due to the overwhelming threads on EGL instead of cosplay, the old culture of /cgl/ as we know it is dead.

I'm the only person in the world who has threads of /cgl/ including images from 2008 to near the end of 2010.

I doubt anyone cares about /cgl/ actual roots though, but here.

https://stacks.stanford.edu/file/druid:tf565pz4260/Yotsuba%20Society%20Archives%20-%204chan%20-a-.7z
>>
>>8759897
I actually posted the wrong link and wrong tripcode for the previous post. Browser does not remember old names and codes before posting anymore.

https://stacks.stanford.edu/file/druid:tf565pz4260/Yotsuba%20Society%20Archives%20-%204chan%20-cgl-.7z
>>
>>8747077
Everyone moved to Facebook. Masa's online every day.
>>
>>8750390
1. Scared off by anons
2. Still cosplays, avoids /cgl/
3. Dead, really
4. Got a gf and turned into a normie
5. Still cosplays but is busy being a dad
6. Turned normie
7. Still comes here
8. Pretty sure they all still cosplay
9. Got keked by pirate toaster and turned normie
10. Still cosplays but seems to be focusing more on gundam models
>>
>>8760583
Worst part about Johnny Bravo leaving was that Anon's accused him of being a shit poster.

He was also blasted for being part of the Tripfag circlejerk.
>>
>>8761118
I absolutely hated people who blasted Johnny. He was one of my favorite trips. I think it's great though that a number of trips know each other. They are seriously chill people to hang with a cons.
>>
Im just glad hobbes isnt here anymore.
>>
>>8760583
>>8750390

4 is busy with college but he's still around.
>>
>>8760583
Number 8 in the middle became a full-fledged trap again.
>>
>>8748200
Ha! Neat! honorable mention in the old spread sheets.
>>8749022
Once upon a time i was stupid and prideful. Thought I could make it as a prop maker, and used my trip as my prop making name to drum up business (yes i was very dumb). I Failed hard at it, and dropped my trip out of shame. but had fun hanging out i /cgl/chat from time to time

anyways, this was a blast from the past.
hope you are all doing well. thanks for the smile.
>>
>>8760583
>3. Dead, really
Wait... like... physically dead, not cosplay or w/e else dead?
>>
>>8752701
my closest group of friends formed from a counter strike clan of all things when we were in high school. fast forward and we're all pushing 30 now still doing stuff together
>>
>>8764601
he's dead in the ground dead
>>
>>8764616
Oh my god. He was pretty young too. All my sadness.

RIP, Western Fella. I don't drink often but when I do, I'll pour one out to you.
>>
>>8760583
6 still goes to cons, just doesn't post here anymore
>>
>>8764620
You could spare the dumb reference jokes
>>
>>8752735
gross
>>
What happened to the UK trips its like they all left at once
>>
>>8764620
how did you seriously not know this? his gf came on to tell everyone because she knew how good he was with the board. i'm beginning to see why people hate you...
>>
>>8767777
????? you hate her because she didnt hear someone died?? are you okay anon?
>>
>>8757794
That's nasty. I'm here yet I still have higher standards than thinking anything with Jesse is a good idea.
>>
>>8759897
>>8759898

>using your school's system
>>
>>8757794
Oh jeez her. She has got to be one of the most insane people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting
>>
>>8750390
Charizard was dating some crazy as dicks girl who dumped him and then got married to a different guy like 2 weeks after knowing him or something. Screams green card to me. He's dating some chubby girl from the east coast now, Erica or Erin or some 'E' name like that.
Masa is so SJW it's painful. Not too sure if he still cosplays.
Maguma does though, I'm a fan of his Gjinka's.
I remeber hearing about Western Fella and it's a god damn shame.
Mika,Matt and Coffee all have normal lives but still cosplay irr

As for girls
I only know of like 2 personally but they are both still around /cgl/ every now and then so I wouldn't really call that a WATN situation.
>>
>>8767777
That was a thread that lasted less than a day. Glad to see you hate someone for not randomly signing onto cgl during a brief time window
>>
Whatever happened to Laura/Miyu? Heard some weird shit like she went Christian and teaches kids.
>>
>>8769955
Last I heard, she became /fit/ as fuck and became a personal trainer or something.
>>
>>8769955
>>8770619
Miyu is one of the few positive stories to come out of cosplay drama. She got off the drugs, took up teaching figure skating and personal fitness and developed a six pack you could grate cheese on. She's been living absolutely clean for a few years now and no longer has anything to do with cosplay, glamour modelling or stripping.
>>
>>8747320
This, this whole board is Homosuck, Fag universe, and EGL bullshit now.
>>
Does anyone remember a trip/namefag who drew Bleach fanart and I think cosplayed Nemu with her boyfriend as Mayuri? I think she went by Nemu, also drew Olimar from Pikmin. I want her fan art but can't find it anywhere
>>
>>8770743
Yeah, she had a tumblr, but deactivated it a while back due to mental health stuff.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.