[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Binges?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

I think most established lolitas have had one or two binges, whether they be because of a tax return or a bonus at work or anything, really. Tell us about them, gulls! Did you blow it all on that new release or just buy 5 new dresses all at once? Do you regret it? Why or why not?

My most recent binge I spent something like 500$, so not too terrible. I have no excuse other than I was sad.
>>
>>8744263
My last binge was 1000 euros, I spent it all on oldschool dresses and the Misty Sky re-release. I only regret not getting more tops, because I promised myself I was going to use it for more blouses and in the end I bought like 7 new main pieces and 1 cutsew.
>>
>pretend shopping by making a y!ja watch list
>not so much pretend anymore
>going to justify it by saying it's a christmas present to myself
>>
>almost 2k16
>binging brand instead of melty cream donut replicas
>>
I just binged bought too much shit.

> 5 jsk
> 2 ouji sets
> full Chess Emblem jsk set on the way
> this isnt even my final form
> two cons coming up
> planning to spend another $500 at both
> help me
>>
Not sure if buying all the time but having a few grand of a shop once the money comes in is a binge or not.
>>
>>8744263

Do you mean any multiple purchases, or do they have to be kind of emotional purchases?

I personally prefer to binge on junk food instead of lolita, but I've been known to go on the occassional shopping spree if there's multiple items I want.

The last minor spree I went on, I got a shopping service to help me get Dreamy Planetarium as full sets in two colours. That's pretty common. The most major one is either Crystal Dream Carnival or Day Dream Carnival, I fell for both prints really hard and have them in all colourways (have since sold off a few of them, no regrets though. I spent a wonderful year with them before saying goodbye to my least favorites).
>>
>>8744306
fromJapan is great because there's no quick way to see your charge 1 total so you can be in denial about how much you've spent. I just shelled out the $170 EMS shipping on my current order, and this thread made me decide to own up and total up what I spent- just a hair under $600.

Tell me I did good anon...
>>
File: november.png (777KB, 834x629px) Image search: [Google]
november.png
777KB, 834x629px
>>8744518
dropped my pic
>>
>>8744263
The biggest binge I ever had was maybe 4k
>>
>>8744323
The replica sucks.
>>
>>8744519
Erm, desu I think you overspent on some ugly things...
>>
>>8744532
I hope you enjoy eating 500 dollar dresses while other people starve to death you disgusting cunt
>>
At my work, you're not supposed to get overtime. They'll send you home right before you hit overtime to save money.

I got overtime once because of a 13.5 hour shift, which was absolutely hell. It was one of the three busiest days of the year (I work at a pizza establishment)

Pay check was about triple what I typically get, plus about $35 in tips. I binged and bought 2 dream dresses.
>>
I got my first well paying job this summer, as soon as my first pay check came in, I went crazy and did my first ever taobao order, totaled $500 plus about $100 in shipping shopping service charges.
I told myself I wouldn't do something like that again, yet here I am, having spent now over $600 using yahoo auctions. At least my closet has never looked better lol.
>>
My most recent binge was two skirts and a purse after I received a bunch of money. I spent about $60 in total on these items. One was brand, one vintage and one handmade.
Kind of pathetic compared to what other people buy, but I'm a poorfag. Happy with them anyway, and the purse will round out my wardrobe very well!
>>
I don't really buy things too often so getting a brand new AP OP (Horror Garden in black) and the Horror Bat bag and a MoitiƩ JSK from Wunderwelt last month is the closest I've come to a binge. Definitely trying to get a couple of main pieces in December and a new blouse as well. Going hard with my holiday bonus.
>>
>>8744569
Yeah because replica-chans are totally using that leftover money to feed poor kids in Africa. Is that you, Isaki?
>>
>>8744575
Just curious, what're the busiest days at a pizza shop? I'd have thought that it's fairly consistent year round?
>>
>tfw Eurofag
>tfw whenever I binge shop I get hit with a customs charge of up to 50% on top of what I've already paid for items&shipping
Kinda curbs my enthusiasm for shopping binges. Anyway, last package contained two adorable oldschool JSKs from Wunderwelt, one of which was kind of a dream dress. Daydream dress? Idk
>>
>>8744569
This makes literally zero sense.
>>
this thread is apt right now
got my first paycheck yesterday, promised myself I'd spend it wisely because holidays etc.
>Oh I'll just have a look at my aliexpress wishlist, I need a new bag anyway and I'll be done
a third of my paycheck later, I have a billion unnecessary items making their way to me from china.
>>
>>8744600
The busiest days, in order are:
>Graduation Day
Every employee on deck, unless you are graduating, you are expected to be there (I was there from before opening to after closing)
>Halloween
We give out free mini pizzas to children in costumes. Lines are out the door typically
>christmas eve
We close at 6 pm, but again, line out the door
>New Years Eve

All employees are expected to be there on those days. Christmas Eve and Graduation Day are literally a fucking nightmare. The kitchen is over crowded and deliveries are backed up to at least 3+ hours
>>
>>8744617
This so hard
>Saving money like a boss
>Oh that accessory on aliexpress is literally pennies
And now there is a whole page's worth of tiny aliexpress transactions on my bank statement. It does really add up doesn't it?

Now that it's Christmas it's worse because I'm actively shopping for other people and just throwing stupid things into the cart for myself on impulse.
>>
>>8744595
At least they aren't retarded enough to spend hundreds of dollars on a dress that tastes just like the cheaper version.Even Isaki knows that.

Kek I bet your favourite binge is radioactive cupcakes
>>
>>8744535
Which ones do you think were overspent on/ugly? The mixed lot I'm gonna see what I like and resell whatever isn't my taste.
>>
I just bought a second hand velvet tiered mille fleurs jsk, a fitted blazer and choker from etsy, a headpiece and choker from antique beast and all for a very decent price which all go together and fit very well into my wardrobe. All for about $280, and half of that was money in my paypal from sold dresses. I prefer to spend a little at a time, I feel sometimes the bigger the order the more willing you are to buy things you don't actually need.
>>
>>8744653
????
>>
>>8744654
All of it, to be honest.
>>
>>8744653
Holy shit what drugs are you on right now, you make absolutely zero sense, step away from the computer.
>>
>>8744662
I probly would have skipped out on the jackets in the center and the hair pieces seem incredibly cheap but everything else feels a bit more cohesive.
>>
>>8744653
>I hope you enjoy eating 500 dollar dresses
>tastes just like the cheaper version
anon are you eating dresses?
>>
>>8744662
I guess you and the anon whose clothes they are have differing tastes
>>
>>8744662
K, fair enough.

>>8744673
If 2 of the jackets work out I'll consider it a pretty good deal. I'm a sucker for mixed lots.
>>
>>8744263
This whole past year was a binge. I spent over US $12K on lolita
>>
>>8744690
That's not counting anything I sold, though. So I'm prolly closer to 6 or 7K
>>
>>8744616
No you are literally zero sense

>>8744663
I'm high on life.And I'm just saying it's stupid to binge brand or get saliva all over it.

>>8744675
Only replicas.
>>
I recently bought 3 new burando jsks and two taobao orders. I try to justify it by saying I sold a good chunk of my old non cohesive wardrobe, but honestly I spent the funds from that instantly. At least I bought everyone presents first I guess. A few more things to sell and I'll have a super cohesive wardrobe and can just focus on other dream items.
>>
>>8744569
I love it when people say this. Are you inferring you give $500 dollars to starving kids in Africa instead? Yeah, you don't.
>>
>>8744711
I'm black and sometimes I'm hungry, does giving myself $500 for burando count?
>>
>>8744697
Were you trying to make a pun about binge eating? It took me a while, anon. 4/10 for humour, but an A+ for effort.
>>
>>8744716
Finally.T-thanks.
>>
>>8744663
Eh... they're trying to do some fucking lame attempt at food metaphors while describing a dress because the dress name is also a food... it's really awful and corny.
>>
>>8744653
>radioactive cupcakes
Dude, do you have any idea how cringe worthy your writing is?
If you want to get some wit in you, read Naked Lunch. You look like such a try hard right now.
>>
The biggest fucking binge I ever did was in October... Halloween slaughtered me. I had never got a new release, always did second hand, and I ended up getting 4 new releases in Sept-Oct and I think a total of 9 main pieces. It was absurd, still saving to make up for my sins. Thankfully did a huge closet cleanout and made all of that back, but I still feel dirty, y'know?
>>
My biggest binge was a few months ago. I bought 3 colourways of Antionette Fleur, Chocolate Rosette, PepFox JSK and brooches and heaps of Sakizo artbooks and tights. It was an expensive month. No regrets.
>>
>>8744654
Haha I'm not >>8744662 but I kind of agree. Mainly because all the styles are pretty all over the place, that coat lot has some really hideous things, and I don't quite get the redxwhite accessories especially for nearly 2000yen a pop. The vest/pants and blouse are nice enough, but the other pieces either look really old and dated. Their prices make me feel like you kind of bought them because they are so cheap (which is something I have done in the past too and learned the hard way)... I could be wrong of course. But I don't think all that stuff is really worth the final price, which is a lot higher with SS fees, both shipping costs, and the like, since you can't really mix and match much of it.
>>
>>8744569
I got mine for retail actually. :) And I hope you enjoy spending /your/ $500 on meds. Your salt is so high that I have a feeling you're going to be on lisinopril for the rest of your life.
>>
>>8744622
huh, interesting to know. never thought of pizza as a graduation or christmas thing. thanks anon
>>
>>8745374
Graduation people are typically celebrating and want it delivered, christmas they're going to be cooking a lot the next day so they have pizza

I learned a lot working there
>>
I don't really have lolita binges. The last time I binged was a little over 2 years ago when I got a better paying job and I bought like 6 brand dresses within 2 months of starting the job.
>>
>>8745329
>No regrets.
What's your secret?
>>
>>8745365
Not being cohesive is a fair statement, the kanzashi accessories are to go with my Meta kimono print pieces (I have Romantic Kimono, will hopefully get Dozing Cat one day). The pink two piece is AP from 2006, I like to collect older AP stuff. The Aatp skirt I already have the jsk version which I'm going to sell and replace with this since I'm working on making my wardrobe my wearable-everyday, same justification for the vests. For the jacket lot, the contents are:
>pink AP jacket
>yellow BtssB jacket
>wine velvet BtssB op (yeah...velvet...I'm looking forward to that)
>b/w meta something I forget what it is, I think an op
>The bottom things are either Visible or Marble, I forget jacket and skirt set
> I forget what brand the white jacket was
>>
>>8745889
Forgot, the green floral is meta from 2014, the Blouse is AtePie I know I over paid a little, I got in a bidding war and wouldn't let go. At least I didn't pay retail.
>>
I saw this thread and thought it said "bingles" and for the life of me could not figure out what the hell "lolita bingles" were.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Went to Japan and hit up every closet child in the Tokyo area.
No regrets. (Some regrets)
>>
>>8744713
treat yo'self gurlfran
>>
>>8744722
i got it right away, with replicas tasting the same as brand. can't believe the lack of reading comprehension in this thread, holy shit.

explains a lot of dumbass arguments i've witnessed. people literally do not read what they are responding to.
>>
>>8746106
Multiple people were confused because it was idiotic and unfunny, it's very socially awkward so congrats on your mutual shit taste in sperg humor.
>>
>>8746024
No regrets. That's a great haul.
>>
>>8746024
>Both versions of Merry Making in the Ghost Town and AP's bat bag
You lady are a gentleman and a scholar
>>
>>8746106
I agree with >>8746154
It wasn't funny and came across as stupidity. If your "audience" just thinks you are mentally challenged, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8746024
This is a lovely haul anon
>>
>>8746024
Nice! I am planning to do the same when I visit this spring and the quality of your haul gives me hope.
>>
>>8746024
No regrets at all. That's a great haul. How much did you spend in total, and out of curiosity, do the Closet Child stores in Tokyo tend to have good items like these?
>>
>>8746208
Thank you, I do what I can.

>>8746165
True, I love everything and got full sets of most of it.

>>8746412
I want to say about 800 ~ 900 usd total.
I got full sets of everything ( Socks for MM were purchased new at AATP)
Merry makings were about 230 each, the hat was 50
Cosmic about 190 with everything, Cameo window was a little under 200. It is worth it to go to all of the Closet childs, the Harajuku one was expensive and small but had good quality, the one in Ikebukuro was my favorite, I got the Merry making hat, cosmic, and cameo window there. Good luck!!
>>
Have an ongoing Taobao order... the total spent is now past 1000USD on one order..

I am a terrible person with no self control..
Visiting Japan next year.. GOODBYE SAVINGS!!!
>>
>>8744519
We have similar taste - I was eyeing of the floral Meta and the jacket lot.
>>
>>8746607
Jesus anon, that is a lot of money to spend on shitty crap.
>>
>>8745889
sorry to ask anon, but if you decide to sell that yellow btssb jacket, please contact me- it's one of my all-time favorite pieces. thank you!
>>
>>8744518
ooc, how do you search for sets of clothes (like the bundle you got)? i heard about someone buying a wardrobe once, wouldnt mind trying it.
>>
>>8746815
I got a decent few blouses/ dresses/ shoes... but otherwise you're totally right.. I did buy shitty crap..

But whatever, money is money and it is made to be spent after all..

Leave me be while I try to justify my stupidity..
>>
>>8746877
I'll hang on to your email, there's a decent chance I will be selling it.

>>8746808
I was watching that meta dress for like 2 cycles and it still didn't sell so I finally pulled the trigger, it felt like adopting the ugly old cat that everybody passes by but I hope I can give it a good home haha.

>>8746882
Since I oughtn't to be binging again for a long long time, I'll tell you my secret. I use the character 品 (lot) along with 惭ćƒŖćƒ¼ć‚æ or 惭ćƒŖ or the brand name. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not (there's not much there now). You especially want to look for 品 with a number next to it, that says how many items are in the lot.

>looking up this info i see my dream dress up for auction when i'm supposed to be a on a no-buy. great.
>>
>Christmas 2012
>First time having more than 200 disposable income that doesn't need to go into savings
>Closetchild jackpot

I generally buy my brand very cheaply, so I guess it's not as much of a binge, but it's the most I've ever bought in one go. I got myself three dresses, a headbow, and some small accessories. I still have them all and it was a sort of landmark spree that pushed me to sell all of my old dodgy shit and just focus on getting nice pieces.

I'm hoping to have something similar in terms of money this year, so I'm planning to buy myself one really nice dress, hopefully one off my wishlist.
>>
>>8747423
thank you so much anon! please do contact me if you decide to!
>>
>>8744535
are people seriously trying to use the word desu ironically/sarcastically again? fucking shit so annoying
>>
>>8747732
It's a filter on this board anon
>>
>>8747732
Calm down, it's a new word filter. t.b.h. turns into desu.
>>
>>8747732
>being this new
>>
>>8746453
Thank you for the info! I'm planning a trip to Tokyo next summer so this is very helpful for me.
>>
>>8747732
HAHAHA
>>
i've received money that was tax free last weekend.

i'm 19 and have $14,000. what should i spend it on?
>>
>>8748162
Buy nice Christmas gifts, buy a dress for yourself, and donate some toys to toys for tots
>>
>>8748162
every BTSSB/AATP OTT wedding dress you can get your hands on, since they're both expensive as fuck AND often also rare as fuck
>>
>>8748162
how did you come across 14k to begin with?
>tfw jealous
>>
>>8748162
Treat yourself, maybe gifts for others. But be sure to set some aside and save it for something in the future. College, or even just stuff around the house, or if your car has troubles or something. It's always good to have a lot of money sitting in your savings just in case.
>>
>>8744330
i see you there senpai
i see your sin
>>
>>8748162
how in the fuck

but seriously. save at least *half* of that shit. Please.
>>
>>8748162
I'm jelly anon. Grab your dream dresses. Buy yourself some brand spanking new things from brands. Buy a few gifts for close friends and family. Give a little to charity. Pay your bills up for a bit (if you have any). Stock your cupboards. Merry Jingles to you.
>>
>>8748162
Buy some dream dresses, save a bit for a few more dresses or purchases you want, put the rest in a savings account.
>>
Are we taking impulse or semi planned? Seems like a lot of lolita with decent jobs have had at least one big shopping trip to Japan and they just go nuts while they're there, but typically those are planned a few months in advance...
>>
>>8748162
Invest it in something profitable like stocks or start a business. Duh.
>>
>>8748162
Donate some money and buy a dream dress or 5
>>
>>8744657
I know whichbmille fleur jsk youre talking about! How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking.
Sounds like a good shopping spree all together!
>>
>>8748162
Take a trip to Japan. Save some.
>>
>>8748162
Go ahead and buy yourself stuff, but please don't blow it all. Invest and save.
>>
anyone justifying Christmas for spending too much? just put in an order worth aprox 29000 yen on wunderwelt and also got a lolitadesu lucky pack for Christmas
>>
>>8748485
Everytime I have an extra $100 come up, I'm tempted to buy more shit tht moment, but I know I should just save it for my japan trip in July, since I could get better deals without having to pay for international shipping...
I'm saving a lot but it still feels like forever in the future. And a lot of the money has to go to mundane stuff. Hurry up, life.
>>
>>8744713
Kek
>>
>>8748162
i just got 186k. i saved 170 for a house deposit and spent the rest on new technology, lolita and other things :')
>>
>>8751463
>186k
how the fuck
(inheritence?)
>>
>>8751463
ya'll making me jelly af
>>
>>8751474
yeah kinda an inheritence, my family has been dirt poor all our lives and i was fortunate enough to recieve it. i wont be a dumbass and blow it all, hence why i put a lot away. I went from 10 dresses and barely any accessories to 40 in the space of a year and accessories and blouses a plenty. I'm selling and cutting it down a lot now though, as i have all the rare dream pieces i wanted, and really just want to hunt down better accessories as i kinds went nuts with quantity over quality.
>>
I think mine was just over $1000 within a two week period. I regret spending as much as I did because now that I look back I see that I needed work clothes/ everyday items that would be more useful.

The upside is that it's made me more aware of how often I actually wear lolita and that I need to start focusing more on the low-key casual outfits.
>>
>>8748162
wtf put that into savings right now, get your shit straightened out at the bank and get yourself a line of credit/credit card depending on how it works where you live. Start a small investment portfolio. That amount of money can be used for future real estate, tuition, help start a business etc. Hell, you could even travel the world right now if you wanted to? My brother lived in central tokyo for 6 months with only 10,000$ saved up and came home with plenty of money still in the bank.
>>
>>8751573
That's great to hear! I'm glad you have money now, it's such a relief. I hope the inheritance wasn't from someone you liked very much.
>>
>8744569 #
I know this is most likely a troll, but I've known a few people IRL with this mentality and not. A. Single. One. Of. Them. did anything that helped the world. They all stood on a disgustingly high horse, telling me how gross it was that people spend $300 on a single dress, while buying all their clothes from cheap mainstream brands who use sweatshop labor. They used being poor as an excuse for never donating to charity, while smoking cigarettes and going out to eat with friends several times a week. They don't do any volunteer work, while having ridiculous amounts of free time that they bawww about not having because they don't know what a truly tight schedule actually looks like. They also act like they're some kind of martyr for working their part time low paying job during college (or in some cases because they refused to go). Then they act like anyone who has money just had their lot in life handed to them and does nothing but sit on their ass, while saying shit like cashiers are the hardest working people in America.

Also, almost no one who bawws about starving children even knows jack shit about it or they'd realize how fucking stupid they sound. It isn't as simple as "forgo a few thousand dollars of self indulgence and donate instead!" Like seriously, educate yourself before being a judgmental twat. This info isn't hard to find.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.