[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 40

File: d0a146126dc6dd2b457138b21d314ccc.jpg (340KB, 657x1920px) Image search: [Google]
d0a146126dc6dd2b457138b21d314ccc.jpg
340KB, 657x1920px
Old one at over 300 >>8686675

Some questions left open from the last one:
>Is there any real way to fade stretch marks?
>Epiduo replacements?
>handcream recommendations
>correct asian skincare order
- see pic related

General links
reddit.com/r/asianbeauty or /r/skincareaddiction
skinandtonics.com for asian product reviews, ingredients to avoid and (a heavy and expensive) routine
any more link tips?
>>
another routine order infograph
>>
File: 9feed830fd6e7488e5dd889a449e52e5.jpg (459KB, 736x4556px) Image search: [Google]
9feed830fd6e7488e5dd889a449e52e5.jpg
459KB, 736x4556px
skincare myths infograph
last point is interesting - seen a lot of "drink more water is a myth" posts in the last few months. I can personally say that everything seems to work better when i drink at least 2-3l of pure tea or water a day. from digestion to guaranteed no stinky breath, and i don't look as sad and crumpled when i wake up.

but yeah if your cleanser makes your skin feel dry it's wrong for you, no amount of water can help with that.
>>
File: c26-B0009RFB76-1-s.jpg (12KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
c26-B0009RFB76-1-s.jpg
12KB, 250x300px
Hey fellow fine-line/undereyes/dark circles anons (I know there's at least two of you)

-how's it going? Seen any improvement?
>>I have matching single fine laugh lines that entend past my undereyes and touch the very tops of my cheeks (I know that sounds haggard and terrible but they're verrrry fine and unnoticeable) I swear it looks like they're getting shorter, I think the continued retinol is paying off. And being more hydrated and rested..

-found your go-to retinol product yet?
>>I need to restock... I'm going to go for ROC again unless I hear of something better

-EYE CREAMS what are you guys using? Clinique's 'all about eyes' is silky smooth and seems to treat my eyes nice but I've never tried anything else.

>>random anecdote, my mom was super iron deficient for a while (we just found out a month ago) and her eye bags/dark circles were intense, she looked absolutely busted. Her eyes have been looking sooo much better since she started taking the iron supplements and she's delighted af, now I make sure to not skip that one.

>>8744153
Thanks a ton for the graphics OP
>>
>>8744166
I feel like a few of these are wrong. The water thing because drinking water hydrates you, and hydrated skin is happy skin. The junk food not causing acne is also wrong, too much sugary junky things will break you out, considering your diet affects your skin.
>>
>>8744153
So I used to think this was an insane amount of steps until I started getting a bit more into Korean skin care. It's really not that bad now that I have a routine, only annoying thing is waiting for the vitamin c serum to absorb and dry. That's pretty much 15 minutes where I just go take a poop or browse online or something.

I have a question about sleeping packs, I just got a few samples with an order I did. When you put it on, does it dry/absorb into your skin like a moisturizer? Or do you go to sleep with this gunky tacky film on your face? I'm just worried about my pillow case.
>>
File: 001.jpg (31KB, 480x333px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
31KB, 480x333px
Hope this is an ok place to ask this question. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with collagen fillers/dermal fillers, especially for nasolabial folds? I hate mine so much and feel like they age me by at least 5 years - they're not the cute kind you get with a plump or chubby face, more sagging of my lower cheeks.

I hate the idea of surgery and using say, botox etc but if the injections have no long term side effects with no risk of damaging the skin or its elasticity later down the line, I'd probably try it.
>>
>>8744188
Sleeping packs are meant to be heavier than moisturizers, so feeling tackiness is not out of the ordinary. Your pillow cases will probably suffer, the best solution is either doing your skin routine at least a few hours before sleeping, or learning to sleep on your back.
>>
Hey guys, what would you say is the most effective way to get rid of hyperpigmentation and scarring from acne? I just want to even out my skintone so I don't look like a dalmation anymore. Someone suggested to me a chemical skin peel or something like that, but I've heard that it dries the hell out of your skin. Is that true?
>>
>>8744160
Jesus, here I thought cleanser, toner and moisturizer were enough.
>>
Not sure if this is the most approproate thread, but what about teeth whitening? Anyone have any prefered methods or brands? I'm in the US, if it makes a difference.
>>
>>8744252
Vitamin C serum. It's a chemical exfoliant but it's unlikely to dry out your skin and if it does just use it less often.
>>
>>8744246
Ugh, even if I try to sleep on my back I always wind up on my side curled in a ball at some point. I guess I'll give it a shot at doing my night routine a few hours before bed.
>>
>>8744252
vitamin c serum definitely. Poor fag option is vitamin e gel, which helps but won't help as much as vitamin c will. Take supplements for vitamins c, e, and b12 to help the healing process from inside as well.
>>
>>8744257
It really is, but sometimes you just lose the gene pool and need to add extra shit for acne or whatever. It also never hurts to add some anti-aging products if you are worried about that. It's all down to preference in the end, people are different and have different needs or preferences.
>>
>>8744252
Maybe a rentinol or retin-a prescription topical. I'm on epiduo and one of the medications in it is a retin-a to deal with healing. I've been on it since July and my scarring is super flat (it never got super deep but it's still an improvement) and I've seen gradual improvement with my redness, and no more acne!
>>
Do you guys still do your whole skin routine on the days before your period?

I have a problem that not always happens, but there are times before I get my period that my immune system goes to shit and I am more prone to breaking out even just from my vitamin C serum

Should I just slightly exfoliate and avoid moisturizing all together during these days? I have normal skin
>>
>>8744927
Yeah, I do my routine regardless of period. Sometimes, though, I go a full day with nothing but a water wash. My slightly oily (dehydrated?) skin is definetly dry-ish after it, but also cleaner. I call it "soft reset".

Why would you feel like you should exfoliate, if your skin is sensitive on those days?

>>8744560
A few hours may be overdoing it, give it one.
>>
This is a total dumbass question, but how do I learn my skin type? I've never really had acne. just blackheads and whiteheads, and I have no idea how to tell what my skin type is. It's embarrassing going to beauty stores/salons and not knowing what to tell them when they ask me about my skin type.

Is there some kind of visual guide or something/
>>
>>8745004
>>
>boyfriend is one of those people that has perfect skin no matter what they do
>probably only washes his sheets/pillowcases once every six months, lies when i ask him
>sleep over one night
>wake up with a breakout all over my cheek
>>
>>8745073
I feel bad, it's the opposite for my boyfriend and I. He has to wash his face twice a day just to not break out and I'm kind of a messy person and barely wash my sheets and the same thing happens to him. I can't help that I never break out and don't have to worry about these things!
>>
>>8745086

do you say these things just to hurt me anon
>>
>>8744188
I have a question for you!

How do you find out which products to add onto your routine? Right now all I do is wash my face once, lotion, a serum though that's anti-wrinkle and my BB cream but my skin still likes to surprise me more often than I'd like so I wanna go deeper into this skin business but I'm clueless on how to even begin.
>>
File: 1421082214310.png (448KB, 970x932px) Image search: [Google]
1421082214310.png
448KB, 970x932px
>>8745167
Oh gosh, wow.
I kind of just lurk around these threads or browse reddit's asian skincare subreddit. I started out with a basic cleanser, toner, moisturizer and spot treatment, had that for months. Then I decided I wanted to add more to my routine, so I tried one thing at a time instead of just buying 5 products at once and introducing a bunch of things all together. I feel like the best thing for your skin is consistency, so swapping out a bunch of products all at once would do more harm than good?
Like, I went through probably 5 different cleansers at first over a few months trying to find one that helped my skin (I had really bad acne). Then I learned what moisturizer was, and added that. Then I finally discovered basic routine so I added a toner, and went through three until I settled on one. Same with spot treatment.
A few months later I decided I wanted to add vitamin c serum to deal with scars and hyperpigmentation (i also went on accutane so that helped with the acne and limited my product choices). I tried one brand, was meh with it, ordered another, and I liked it enough that I continue with it. I kept seeing people talk about sheet masks so I decided to give that a go, and they gave me free sleeping pack samples so I figured why not, I can try that out once in a while if my skin needs a pick me up.

I figure it is easier on my wallet to have a consistent routine, and then I just make the decision if I honestly need something/want to try something and then I just try things out one at a time so I can see if it is really helping my skin. Plus it helps you narrow down what is not working and why, or if something gives you a reaction. I know my skin better than anyone else, and how it reacts to certain types of products and chemicals, so I look up a lot of reviews and discussions on something before I even think of buying it. It involves a lot of lurking but I kind of just discover things one at a time and take it slow.
I hope that helps?
>>
>>8744177
I used to use RoC, and it was the only thing that helped my deep, dark under eye circles and puffiness!

However, I recently got a bump under my eye. After doing research, it appears to be a millia (?) seed. Essentially, a bunch of dead skin cells and oil that got trapped in a pore. I hear that very rich eye creams can cause this. Does anyone have any advice for this?

(Also, just wondering, but did anyone else lose the skin lottery? my skin is red, easily irritated, acne-prone, sensitive, oily and dry all at the same time.)

>>8744262
also curious about this

>>8745073
thank you for reminding me to change my pillow cases, anon. i know this probably irritates the fuck out of my skin.
>>
>>8745269
>(Also, just wondering, but did anyone else lose the skin lottery? my skin is red, easily irritated, acne-prone, sensitive, oily and dry all at the same time.)

Yeah. So bad sometimes I just want to wear a mask. Acne scars, oily, enlarged pores, and psoriasis. It's also very sensitive so I have to be very careful what I use.
>>
>>8745189
This helps! Just two more questions though, what are the products you use? Did you find that using all or most products from a single brand or line helped better?
>>
>>8745298
My main products are:
>Cetaphil cleanser
>Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel
>Aloe Vera Gel
>First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream
>ACV and Tea Tree oil mix for spot treatment
>OST20 vitamin c serum
>COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50+
>Etude house sheet masks - Vita Complex, Royal Jelly, and Snail masks
>Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily scrub

I use the scrub about twice a week to exfoliate. I'm currently on Accutane so I'm actually not allowed to add anymore products at the moment, so everything on here I had to get approved through my dermatologist first (Aveeno scrub, for example, is for sensitive skin, since charcoal will be too harsh or something). I honestly don't think that swearing to one line will be any different than just picking and chosing stuff that sounds good or has cute packaging. Whatever works for your skin should be enough, since not everyone is the same. I have a lot of friends who swear by the Body Shop's tea tree line, and I liked the cleanser but I found the other products to be too drying for me. I had to switch to Cetaphil though because accutane.

It kind of just boils down to a matter of preference and what your skin needs/can take. I could probably get away with using both cetaphil cleanser and lotion, which I have both of, but I find that I prefer aloe gel as a moisturizer since it is more soothing. If your routine has multiple products from one brand then that is ok! Same if you have no two items from the same brand. It all boils down to what your skin likes and your own personal inclinations.
>>
I don't know much about skin care, but I've always had pretty oily skin and terrible acne. Tried lots of products and eventually I found that an apricot scrub (the brand doesn't matter) is the only thing that keeps my face clear and smooth. Sometimes I'll get a zit or two but that's usually right before my period. Is that okay? I see all these infographs with a million different types of creams and serums and I feel as if maybe I'm doing it all wrong but honestly the apricot scrub gives me perfect skin so now I feel confused.
>>
>tfw skin got a lot better after super reducing my skincare routine

i-i don't get it. all i do now is OCM with baby oil + tea tree oil, spot treatment with PC resist 2% BHA gel and moisturize with AVEENO Eczema Therapy Moisturizing cream, along with MIZON Good Night White sleeping pack. (both of the latter are fantastic! the MIZON sleeping pack is my HG primer, as well!)

i'm still a supporter of bigger routines, I loved my 5+ step routine, but this seems to make my skin way happier. Just goes to show how different everybody's skin is.
>>
>>8745404
Getting acne around your period is normal since your hormones get all whacko then.
Generally, we say do not use apricott scrubs since they fuck up your skin because they are too harsh. If it works for you, that's great! But you really should not be using a scrub every day since the little microbeads will wind up irritating your skin and causing more acne. If it works for you though and your skin does not feel tight from over drying, then whatever. My sister uses some green tea scrub every day and it works great for her. I would suggest that you at least use a moisturizer.

Basic routine is cleanser > toner > moisturizer. Physical exfoliatioin, like a scrub, is done twice a week as to not irritate skin. Hope that helps.
>>
>>8745417
Sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad skin. Like you said, everyone's skin is different. Your skin probably couldn't handle all of the stuff being thrown at it, but that routine probably works fine for someone else. As long as you find a routine that works for you and you are comfortable with, that's all that matters. Whether it has 3 steps, or 5, or 15. I'm glad you found a routine that is perfect for you!
>>
Guys, what does HG mean? I've always wondered and just assumed it's someone's go to product. In my head I just read it as "home girl".
>>
>>8745455
Holy grail
>>
>>8745448
Thanks so much! Yeah I don't use it every day, only every other day, because it's just the absolute best way to keep my skin from becoming oily. I was a huge grease monster for a long time, and other products would dry my face out, but the scrub doesn't for some reason. I'll definitely look into a moisturizer.
>>
>>8745452
Nah, it didn't get "worse" per se, during my longer routine-- it just didn't necessarily get "better". I just needed to find my HG items, I guess, for my super flakey/dry skin. (Thank god, after probably spending at least $200 on skincare items...)
>>
>>8744166
The amount of water you drink may not cure dry skin but it does help if you're someone who has issues with little bumps and fatigued looking skin. Those issues can be caused by dehydration, and for myself I go by what my overall skin quality and elasticity is to figure out if I'm getting enough water.
>>
File: products of waste.png (160KB, 531x355px) Image search: [Google]
products of waste.png
160KB, 531x355px
https://us.memebox.com/starter-kit

Good idea, or just do it the hard way?
>>
Not sure if the right thread to ask this.

But how do you guys feel about those chinese spoon facial massages?

Do you do it? Does it actually work?
>>
>>8745462
If you want a gentle non drying cleanser try Cetaphil or Cerave. For oily skin, Eucerin and plain old Aloe Vera gel work well! They absorb into the skin without leaving behind any residue.
>>
Has anyone here ever bought from The Face Shop? I'm going on a trip to NYC soon and I'd like to go to one of the stores and buy stuff. Just curious about the quality of their products.
>>
>>8745956
I love their mango seed line and the rice and ceramide emulsion. The real nature sheet masks are ok but the mascream ones are amazing for dry skin. Their hand creams are super cute too
>>
>>8745580
doesn't look too bad. i'd compare market prices nonetheless and I would also invest in a toner and a cream. the mist seems kind of gimmicky but that's up to you to decide.
>>
>>8745956
The chia seed line is really great, I use the watery eye essence for my under eye area and it really seems to help keep the crepeyness away. I also use their HD Perfect BB cream.
>>
I've been on Asian skincare for a month now but especially on and off samples. my skin still doesn't get better but at least I know that the mizon bee snake line breaks me out.. seems like I need to buy some more products
>>
>>8744243
Get a temporary filler, see if you like it, and then opt for a permanent injection later.
And it's difficult to get rid of lines because you need to flatten by sloping, but if you find a doctor who regularly does facial cosmetics you should be a-okay.

And no nono, do not use botox for that.
>>
>>8744264
>>8744562
Is vitamin C serum for exfoliation? I thought it was to leave on the skin for scar healing and collagen repair..

So does it hurt your skin to leave on, or..? Man I hate having 0.3% of the populations' skin problems.. screw genetic complications.
>>
>>8745580
No, the retail value is definitely marked up and I'm not even sure why a mist would be in a starter kit over a good lotion or cream.
>>
>>8748186
where do you get your samples?
>>
>>8744153
are there any asian skincare products for acne on amazon?
>>
>>8748348
Please just google vitamin c serum. It's literally a serum, you put it on after your toner, let it absorb for about 15 minutes, and then continue your routine. It low-key exfoliates in that it encourages a higher cell turn-over rate, which in turn fades scars and evens skin tone. If it stings when you put it on, that isn't normal. Some people feel a tiny sting or tingling on certain brands but it depends on your skin. I've never felt anythiny when I put it on.
>>
>>8748572
Go lurk on /r/ asianbeauty for brands or products people have tried and then search it on amazon. I have found a good amount of asian skincare products on there being sold by Jolse or Wishtrend.
>>
>>8744262
For at home DIY, I've found that brushing with activated carbon works much better, and is less destructive, than the baking soda/hydrogen peroxide DIYs. Look it up, you dip your tooth brush in powdered activated charcoal (carbon) and you brush for two minutes. It's good if you have sensitive teeth.

If you have the money, Crest 3D white strips are actually really good. There's also going to the dentist and getting it done professionally if you can shell out the $$
>>
>>8748561
Missha german distributor, roserose ebay shop so it's legit. I think my skin just needs to get used to a proper routine instead of a weekly mix of serums and creams.
big fan of the missha super aqua marine stem cell toner, it's a bit thicker than the usual watery ones but it feels and smells great.
>>
File: oznaturals_vitc.jpg (7KB, 110x300px) Image search: [Google]
oznaturals_vitc.jpg
7KB, 110x300px
C20 is not widely available in my country, only on ebay for 40€
does anyone have any experience with this brand?
>>
File: BulgarianWhiteRose.jpg (31KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
BulgarianWhiteRose.jpg
31KB, 522x522px
I bought pic related from recommendations of sheet masks in these threads and I'm using one right now. This one smells like baby wipes kind of, and I did not realise when I bought it that it has a whitening effect. Makes me worry when I think too hard about its damage on my skin. Definitely will not use this everyday, as I have very pale and fragile skin already. The ingredients are mostly good as far as I know, lots of fruit juices and stuff... not sure about the chemical ingredients though, but I've read lots of good things.
>>
>>8749149
Can you not order it from Wishtrend?

>>8749657
What ingredients are you worried about? These won't bleach your skin, the 'whitening' effect is more like a 'brightening' effect in my experience. Masks are pretty much the gentlest kind of skincare.
>>
>>8749149
Check the archives for the last thread, there was a whole convo on it and some anon even wrote a review.
>>
File: ingrown.jpg (18KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
ingrown.jpg
18KB, 400x290px
Im really sad, I have bad ingrown hairs all over my legs and I just want to wear skirts and shit like that. I exfoliate my legs everyday and Im going to use laser. Is there any cream/foam whatev that can help my hair stop fucking digging deep inside my leg? Pic related, not me
>>
Oh gosh, guys, please help. I'm leaving for a trip on the morning (by train) and I've determined that I cannot live without my vitamin C serum for the next few days. Do you think it will be fine if I put it (in its box) in my bag for a few hours until I get to the house I'm staying at to refrigerate it? It's OST20 if that helps. Or will jostling the bottle around contribute to oxidating it?
>>
>>8749813
Do you do any kind of after shave when you're done shaving? I know lotion can clog freshly shaved pores so something to close the pores first may help. What will work for you depends on your skin
>>
>>8749994
I wanna say since it's winter, and it'll be in a dark box, it'll be okay? I'm not sure about it being jostled though.
>>
>>8750009
That makes sense, I forgot that it will be very cold out. I guess I'll just go ahead with it and pray for the best.
>>
Hey gulls!
A while ago, my facial piercing got snagged and torn. It had a little infected pocket by it, but I went to the derm and he gave me some really nice face safe neosporin-type stuff.
Any infection is gone, but the skin around one side of it is still red and ugly. I've been applying tea tree oil and the cream regularly, but I feel like it's going nowhere.
>>
>>8745058
What do you do if you have combination skin but the oily parts are oily AND dry?
>>
>>8744166
>Pores are simply holes in the skin
>There are no muscles attached to them therefore they cannot open or close
I'm triggered desu what's the point of trying to debunking skincare myths if you're just going to be wrong
>>
>>8750662
My skin is like this. To keep it moisturized, I use Missha's First Treatment Essence ~twice daily (since it's light and doesn't make my face feel greasy at all) and a facial cream during peak dry times. I also do the whole oil and foam based cleansing routine twice a day and occasionally blot with the wipes when I'm especially oily. I think the oiliness mostly comes from the skin trying to overmoisturize/protect itself, and I've found that my regimen has managed to both keep me moisturized and prevent some oiliness.
>>
>>8750791
Thank you!
I used to wash my face multiple times a day because I really dislike oily skin but then it was still oily yet dry orz I managed to reduce the times I wash it though
I will try the product thanks
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (5KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
5KB, 221x225px
Any one here have experience with those home laser hair removal kits? I have PCOS and have to deal with some sideburns that I usually handle with some plucking and waxing. But a family member got me one of the home kits as a present and while I'm hoping it helps with the unwanted hair problem, I'm a little worried the affects it might have on my skin.
>>
>>8749706
>wishtrend
"expiry date November 2015"
"leakage may happen, that's natural"
wtf

>>8749744
I know but that's not what I asked :)
>>
>>8751123
Sry, it says "manufactured date", misread it due to idiocy
I'll check it out
>>
>>8750589
Tea tree oil and that cream is more anti infection than anti scar. Try jojoba oil and vitamin E cream
>>
>>8751123
>I know but that's not what I asked :)
Dang, that unnecessary tumblr smugness.
>>
>>8744166
I think that people are trying to be 'extra right' or generally smug shits by saying that drinking more water won't effect your skin IF you're already hydrated/drinking as much water as you should be, which like 90% of people arent anyway.
>>
Posted in the makeup thread a while back. This is my face without foundation, with it, and the products I use. My skin is really red naturally and I'll get random spurts of acne that are mildly easy to cover up but won't go away for a while. I'm trying to avoid using my thick foundation and switch to my bb cream but when my face gets really bad with acne I can't cover it up without the foundation. I've also got blackheads galore on my nose and upper cheeks. I made my own green tea toner a few months ago that worked really well but I ran out fast. Are there any products that I should be using that will help?
>>
>>8751369
To clarify, I don't use all three masks once a week. I switch between them occasionally.
>>
dumbass question, but would it be worth it to get my moles removed? i have a lot of small moles/freckles across my face which arent very noticeable but then one noticeable one on my bottom chin and it kinda bugs the hell out of me. no matter how well i take care of my skin it just seems like such a flaw. do you think moles are ugly in general or are they tolerable or?? i want feedback bc looking at myself is unbearable is2g
>>
>>8744153
in question to OP's pic, how often would you do this sort of routine?
>>
>>8751504
Daily to twice daily, but not all the steps every time. For example, oil cleanser and sheet masks are night time things, and you wouldn't use sunscreen at night.
>>
>>8751536
right, so
1. for morning routines, you would just have to do steps 2 - 9?
2. how does the foam work? do you let it dry out or just rub it into the face?
3. do you skip the toner step in the morning as well?
4. does the sheet mask dry out as well?
(sorry for the really basic questions ;;)
>>
>>8751021
Hey anon, I just started using this and I'm at the 4th session. My device has 5 intensity levels. You should definitely start with the lowest one (if there's a button to change the intensity) and check if you feel a very gentle pinch or else you can increase it by one. But if it hurts you, you have to decrease it or you will have a slight burn. I use it on my legs and other than a very slight decolourised spot which peeled off nothing happened. My legs already have some hairless parts and it feels very nice.

tl;dr: I think if you use the lowest intensity level you can get rid of the sideburns after some sessions.
>>
>>8751021
>>8751610
Forgot to mention that you have to shave your hair while they still grow back - don't pluck or wax!
>>
>>8751605
you don't have to do it religiously. it's a general guide.
you wash off cleansers.
I always use toner, it's supposed to balance your ph after washing you face with cleansers.
the sheet mask residues are used as cream, so it stays on. it's usually very thick which is why it makes sense to use it in the evening.
products also usually come with instructions.
>>
File: DSC06167 - Copie.jpg (53KB, 610x199px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06167 - Copie.jpg
53KB, 610x199px
Someone please help me out of this hell. It never goes away. No matter how much i fucking drink or sleep it only gets less worse sometimes, i have dark circles underneath and tiny wrinkles on it.
I can't get surgery or anything because family is shit and i have no money to cover it.
>>
>>8751807
Try eye creams
>>
>>8751818
Already tried like ten, total waste of money, none of them worked actually. Even the one at 50$
Same for aloe vera
>>
>>8751827
It may be genetic then, nothing will help if it's genetic.
>>
>>8751807
Have you tried putting a small amount of polysporin/neosporin under your eyes before bed? You can usually find some that are a 'heal fast' formula or something like that. I find that when my eyes get bad I gently rub a small amount in nightly for about a week and then it usually starts to improve. You have to make sure that you are being super gentle when you put anything under your eyes because it can cause a small amount of bruising if you use too much force which will make the problem worse. I tend to use my ring fingers when I put stuff on to make sure that I am being gentle.
>>
>>8751831
Nope no one has them in my family?
A-At least people say i have pretty eyes....
>>
>>8751836
Oh never heard of that, i'll try in the future anon thank you.
>>
>>8751807
Cream only helps with dark circles if they are dark because of surface pigmentation. If they are dark because you have thin, light skin and your veins are giving you a purple cast, there's nothing you can do but conceal.
>>
>>8751244
not on tumblr and didn't intend to come across as smug, wanted to know if anyone knew the product I posted, anon referred to c20 which was discussed in the thread before.
>>
>>8751840
Conceal
Don't feel
Don't let them know
>>
Question: I thought I would give Thayer's Rose petal witch hazel a try because I felt that my skincare routine needed a bit more. It felt great the first few days, but within a week or so I started breaking out very badly, particularly along my cheeks/jawline. They only just went away and I haven't used the witch hazel for about a week and a half.

Is this normal when first starting to use witch hazel to break out or is it probably not just a good combo for me? I use a cetephil cleanser/moisturizer as well.
>>
Does anyone know if it's a good idea for me to take a vitamin A supplement while using a 1% retinol cream?

>>8752139
Was it the version with alcohol? I haven't heard of anyone breaking out from alcohol-free toner, but it's definitely possible (and not normal).

>>8751807
Anecdotal, but I had the same problem and it completely went away after I started eating healthier and going to the gym
>>
>>8751807
Your eyes look cute with them
>>
>>8751369
I got rid of most of my blackheads by using pore strips. I bought two packages from two differenct companies, each around 4 bucks with 6 strips, the ones from nivea worked great for me
The only problem is I just don't know how to prevent them from coming back completely. Maybe just using them regularly.
>>
>>8752298
aren't you not supposed to do that
>>
>>8751614
>>8751610
Thanks for the advice anon! I'm trying it out tonight, I'm hoping it goes well.
>>
Probably a dumb q but here goes. Can your skin type change as you get older/through the year? A few years ago I was definitely on the oily side of combination but these days I'm feeling neither oily nor dry even in days with no makeup or skin treatment . dunno if its the weather or if I grew out of it or if it's my (admittedly sparse) skincare routine what.
I do still have problems random crazy breakouts on my chin but those are usually tied to stress or hormones from what I've noticed.
My biggest problem rn is probably redness around my the sides of my nose and a little around my mouth. Any advice for that?
>>
>>8751369
Don't use pore strips like >>8752298
They irritate your skin and won't fix the problem.
What's clearly missing from your routine is exfoliation, like glycolic or salicylic acid serums. I would try adding Cosrx bha power liquid to your routine

>>8752139
That sounds like a bad reaction. I'd stop using it.

>>8751605
>1. for morning routines, you would just have to do steps 2 - 9?
Not necessarily all of them. I do steps 2-5 then sunblock
>2. how does the foam work? do you let it dry out or just rub it into the face?
Ew, no. It's a cleanser. You use it to clean your face, rinse it off
3. do you skip the toner step in the morning as well?
No. Toner preps the skin for serums etc. If you use straight actives like vit C and bha, sometimes you might skip the toner
4. does the sheet mask dry out as well?
Ummm...No. Sheet masks you leave for 20 mins, take off then rub the rest in.

>>8751458
Depends, removal may leave scars so would you be happy with a mole sized scar instead?

>>8751807
Tried retinol?

>>8752372
Yeah your skin type can definitely change. As for redness, depends why - could it be rosacea? Dry skin? Irritation?
>>
>>8752361
It actually says once a week on the packaging, but I figured there must be a better way, probably what >>8752395 said. I haven't experienced any irritation though
>>
>>8752395
>>8752395
It's like this but only on the edges of my nose and more pink than bright red. It's like the skin there is always dry or irritated or itchy. It wouldn't be a huge deal but somehow it always seems to show through my makeup. I guess I could use a green stick but I'd rather address the root problem if possible.
I think the redness elsewhere on my face is all slight acne scarring though
>>
>>8749813
are you me anon? my legs and arms have these ingrown hairs but exfoliating wont do anything for me they just keep coming back

>will never have nice, smooth, spotless skin
>>
>>8744185
Agreed.
>>
>>8752401
That's probably rosacea then. You can go to a derm, or consider trying a bunch of topical rosacea treatments first such as azelaic acid cream. You should also moisturiser and use good UV protection as sun can make it worse
>>
File: 2540bH1On1sr6ldqo1_1280.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2540bH1On1sr6ldqo1_1280.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
I couldn't find any make up thread so i'm posting this here since it's kinda related.
Has anyone tried the "Tatto Magic Tint" ?
It seems they are a copies from the Berrisom ones and I was wondering if it they were safe.
>>
>>8752401
I have this too! Every since I was like 8. When I was 10 (long prepubecent) my mother took me to the pharmacy and they just said teenage acne to sell stuff
I've no idea what it is either.
>>
>>8751458
It is just like stupid eastern european mole freckles or big ass potruding mole that is brown/red/whatever color/can grow hair? If it's the later, than you may want to get it removed because those big potruding ones can become cancerous. If it's just those little freckle ones then leave it. I have them too and I think they're cute, it's a matter of opinion but just treat it like a beauty mark or freckle. They're really not that noticable.
>>
>>8751605
basic routine that you do morning and night everyday is
>cleaner -> toner -> moisturizer

You add all that other stuff in depending on what you want or what your skin needs. Like that anon said, you'd use sunblock in the morning routine, but not the night routine. Sheet masks are moisturizing or have whatever extra goodness in it to help with various problems, ie: aloe mask for soothing redness, royal jelly mask for deep moisturizing, etc. It's pretty much a spa treatment, you use them every now and then if you think your skin needs it. Don't think your questions are dumb, we all need to start somewhere and it's confusing at fist.
>>
>>8752255
It's fine if you take the supplement. Vitamin A, you need to watch out what interacts with it interally rather than externally. As in make sure you don't OD on it and that it won't interact badly if you are taking any other sorts of medication and supplements. If you're using a retinol cream though, definitely make sure you are wearing sunblock if you go outside because you will fry.
>>
>>8751807
Have you tried those little collagen under eye patch things?
>>
>>8752139
There was an anon in the previous thread who mentioned the same thing with the same product. If you are breaking out in areas you don't normally do so, it's a reaction and you should stop. If it's gunk coming up from your usual areas and the skin underneath feels less like there's something under it, then it's a purge. You have to make the judgement call yourself, but you mentioned you use cetaphil so i'm assuming you have sensitive skin? The added rose petal and stuff may actually be making you react. It contains an incredibly mild fragrane, but it's a fragrance none the less, which can be irritating. Same with Grape Fruit Seed extract. I'd suggest just getting the plain old regular Thayer's alcohol free witch hazel if you think you're having a reaction.
>>
>>8753373
External collegen treatments are bogus. Collagen is too big to penetrate the epidermis. The patches may feel nice and if they are cool and have moisturizer they may improve your undereye area temporarily, but it is not because of the collagen.
>>
>>8753440
This. I use them anyway though because I love the way they feel.
>>
Why is cystic acne so damn annoying to get rid of!? This is seriously the most stubborn shit, I swear I've gotten rid of it all but there's always that one problem area where a cyst pops up WHY
>>
>>8752139
>>8753384
Mostly relevant to these - I break out EVERY time that I use ANY kind of toner or toner-like serum product, regardless as to the alcohol or fragrance content. There's something about that shit that my skin hates.
>>
>>8744166
>tanning can cure acne
But it does? They used to just treat it with radiation. Before, you know, all that got figured out.
>>
>>8752833
Luckily it's not super noticeable on me on most days, but if I look in the mirror after my makeup has had some time to wear off I'm usually pretty grossed out by it.
>>8752801
Not sure if it's rosacea based on pics I"ve seen but I am long due for a derm appt. I moisturize and use sunscreen every day but upping the UV might not hurt.

Also, do any of you have konjac sponges? (I'm assuming yes lol) I recently got one and love it but it started stinking within a few weeks. I've been squeezing it and hanging it out to dry but I live in a humid area so I'm not really surprised. I read up on some ways to stop the smell (boiling it for example) but...even if i stop the smell is it still okay to use? It smells moldy. Plus since I noticed the smell I've noticed my face has been breaking out more so I'm guessing I should just throw it out and order more but dang
>>
>>8744166
"Drink more water" is always an interesting story. Here's how the myth can be untrue: the original recommended amount of water is 8 glasses of water. One glass of water is like 200-300ml, so 8 glasses of water is like 2-3 litres of water (which is pretty much what you described as working for you). However, down the line some idiot got it mixed up, and now if you google "8 litres water a day" you can find people asking/recommending 8 litres of water a day. So someone who found the 8 litre myth instead of the 8 cup truth first is going to feel a bit duped when they halve their consumption and realise that nothing happens to their skin, since 4litres is still well above the 2-3 litres you actually need.

If you're drinking less than those 8 glasses though, then "drink more water" will definitely improve your skin, whatever the problems are.
>>
>>8753440
Yes this needs to be shared more, I was so excited when I first discoverer collagen creams until I Googled it

One doctor described using collagen products to strengthen your skin as 'throwing bricks at a brick wall'
>>
So I've noticed that no matter how much moisturizer I slap on my face, it always sucks it up rapidly and never seems over-moisturized or breaks out as a result. But the skin itself is fine, not dry, not oily, and I'm not dehydrated. So what's up with that, and any possible moisturizer recs for me? I'm currently just using a normal strength lubriderm one.
>>
Has anyone ever tried dermarolling? I have some pretty bad acne scars and it seems like some people got good results.
I just find the whole needle idea a little scary, though, no matter how many people say "yes you're supposed to roll hard enough to puncture and bleed." That and I REALLY don't need anymore scars if something goes wrong...
If anything I'll just go to a professional, but to anyone has any experience I'd love to hear about it!
>>
>>8756223
If you go on the skincare subreddits like /r/asianbeauty and /r/skincareaddiction and look up dermarolling, people share their stories and post progress pics. The whole point of dermarolling is that the needles puncture your skin in a controlled, even way that prompts your skin to heal properly. This helps with pock marks, pitting, the uneven mess that comes from cystic acne, and scarring in general. I haven't done it myself but I am considering it.
>>
>>8748340
Different anon but i have the same issue. Any fillers you recommend?
>>
File: Brightening Peeling Gel.jpg (19KB, 334x455px) Image search: [Google]
Brightening Peeling Gel.jpg
19KB, 334x455px
This was recommended to me by a few friends. Has anyone here tried it?
>>
So I recently got a free sample of Lioele Pore Clean & Tightening Dr. Ampoule, and just got around to actually trying it. After I let it sink in I had a "holy shit" moment because it made my skin feel so nice. I looked it up and it says that it deep cleans pores which helps prevent acne, and also helps control sebum production.

I have oily skin and was wondering if this product would help me control that? I only had a little sample packet, but I'd like opinions before I go and buy a bottle.
>>
Every time that I see this routines with 10+ products I wonder, doesnt the amount of products ruin your face more than it helps?
>>
>>8751831
Has your thyroid been tested? I think some health issues can cause dark circles. Might want to look into it if no one in your family has them.
>>
File: 1444581756826.gif (353KB, 512x505px) Image search: [Google]
1444581756826.gif
353KB, 512x505px
>>8744153
OP, Wouldn't putting a face mask on after all that wipe the stuff you've already put on your face off?

I'm new to this and I want to start doing it. Currently I'm only using Paulas Choice Products. SO-

-cleanse
-exfoliate
-Serum
-Moisturise

That's it! So it seems like It isn't enough compared to what everyone else is doing ... woah
>>
>>8756432
Not OP, but I read somewhere the full up mask was more of a couple times a week thing rather than daily. I use them 1-2 times a week right after cleansing/washing and seems to be working alright
>>
>>8749813
The image you shared looks like Chicken Skin" or keratosis pilaris, if that is what your skin looks like then it's probably part of this skin condition. Not really a way to fix it, but some people have had success by moisturizing with body butters.
>>
>>8756432
No, the sheet mask isn't taking anything off your face, it's transferring product to your skin. When you're done and you take it off, you massage the residue into your skin as you would any other cream/lotion product.
>>
This might be a dumb question, but if you could only purchase one product for night time moisturizing, would a hydrating cream or sleeping pack be better? I'd like to pick up a new product for night time, but I can only afford one right now.

I have combination skin and primarily use cream at night for extra moisturizing.
>>
>>8756392
You aren't supposed to start all 10 products at once, it's very much a "your mileage may vary" situation and you add new products in every 2 weeks depending on how your skin is reacting.
>>
>>8756432

Not OP, but I think there's a couple of points in that diagram that are for seperate occassions.

For eg- the sleeping pack and the sunblock tend to be exclusive, unless you happen to like sleeping in the sun. Usually the sleeping packs can be very heavy, so they're only used at night when you wouldn't notice how heavy they are. The sun block is kind of wasted if it's night time and you're going to sleep.

Similarly, you wouldn't need an oil cleanser/makeup remover if you didn't put on any makeup/sunblock, and you wouldn't need spot treatment if you don't have any acne/spots.

Personally I prefer to exfoliate right before I use sheet masks, I think the clean skin absorbs the ingredients more readily. I also don't like to do sheet masks under makeup, I think the mix of ingredients with makeup may contribute to clogged pores (and acne afterwards).

With regards to your routine, that's how I started out too. But adding a clay mask and a scrub once a week (seperate days) helped a lot with clearing up acne and milia. Adding the sheet mask helps my skin not look dry. You don't have to do everything all at once, if you have trouble keeping up you can schedule a "spa day" for yourself where you do a scrub/clay mask, followed by a sheet mask. Play some nice relaxing music, give yourself a mani/pedi while you're at it.

The sunblock thing is pretty new, but there's a lot of evidence to say that sun damage does cause your skin to age faster. So if you haven't picked it up, it might be a good idea to add that in, too.
>>
>>8756618
depends on how you sleep. if you sleep on your back, then sleeping pack, or if you don't mind a messy pillowcase. otherwise, just get a cream. it's seriously just a matter of preference.
>>
>>8744160
So much... I'm always afraid to mix anything with my prescription medication.

It's a clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide cream, and I usually end up waiting like 30 minutes after putting it on before I moisturize, but I end up forgetting a lot.

And now I'm seeing all this stuff....
>>
>http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/08/us-to-ban-soaps-other-products-containing-microbeads?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Thoughts?
>>
>>8757817
I doubt it will pass, but I don't think it matters much if it does. I can't think of any good products with plastic beads.
>>
>>8757817
I always thought that those little beads were stupid anyway. If they get banned, I don't care. I don't use any products that have them.
>>
So, I just got my period and I got a tiny bit of swelling and light acne a bit above my jawline because of it. However, this is the first time it's happened before in those areas. Is this normal?
>>
File: 15-12-10-13-09-09-117_deco.jpg (170KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
15-12-10-13-09-09-117_deco.jpg
170KB, 640x586px
New into skin care, and how will I get rid of this, I stupidly popped a pimple because it was huge, now I have this after effect, what is it even called exactly and how do I get rid of it ?
>>
File: le edge.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
le edge.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
I came in here to shamelessly gush over the Le Edge exfoliator. I got it for seven bucks on eBay about a year ago, and I love it! I use it every day. If I skip a day I can instantly tell - my face looks dirtier and the fine lines are bigger. Being half-Arabic, I get kinda "brown" around my mouth/neck/knees/etc., and it always greatly reduces it or takes it away. It beats the shit out of any other exfoliant I've ever used, and the huge globs of gray-colored "clay" stuff I clean out of it every day - even after I wash my face - only reaffirms how much it scrapes off. It makes my face red for a second right when I use it, but it quickly fades. God, I know I sound like such a shill, but shit, this thing is awesome! So simple! Highly recommended.
>>
>>8758653
How old are you? Pimples don't go away just because you popped them. Just wait it out, it'll go away on its own.
>>
File: 345678.jpg (161KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
345678.jpg
161KB, 1080x720px
here's me with my cleanse and toner-only face, pls ignore 5-head.
i'm relatively sure that my bangs cause these tiny zits on my forehead, which is always kinda oily but feels dry (any tips here?). first lines are showing due to being 29, i'm fighting it with my first full blown asian skincare routine.

I also regularly get tiny zits between my eyebrows and my makeup starts to cake in this place after a while. although i barely have any hairgrowth there, should i try dry shaving like an anon in the other thread suggested?

I also decided to embrace my dark circles as part of my look.
>>
>>8758653

Post Inflamatory Hyperpigmentation, keep it away from sunlight (so use sunscreen and concealer) and use some of the cures found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1bjjwc/teach_it_tuesday_post_inflammatory/
>>
>>8758763
Yeah, I'm aware, I popped it a bit before I knew.
>>8758804
Thanks.
>>
>>8758653
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, I agree with >>8758804
Use sunscreen to prevent it getting worse, and to fade it use vitamin C and glycolic acid serums, also products with niacinamide (e.g. Mizon black snail all in one cream). Don't start then all at once, try one at a time
>>
File: wind-waker-hd-reactions.jpg (31KB, 818x460px) Image search: [Google]
wind-waker-hd-reactions.jpg
31KB, 818x460px
I was wondering if some of you could share your skincare stories regarding acne? Like, what was the worst it got, how you treated it, how your skin is now? I'm dealing with cystic acne now and I just wanted to hear from you guys your own experiences.
>>
File: LI137a-2.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LI137a-2.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>8756338
I got that as a sample too! I really liked it, it's supposed to help control sebum production if you have oily skin and are acne prone. I'm considering buying the bottle, but I can't really find anyone that regularly uses it to get their opinion.

Super dumb question but would a BHA and pic related help with oily, acne prone skin?
>>
>>8758675
anon, any chance the ebay seller you bought from still has any up? would appreciate a link if you're got one....also is the blade on this sharp or dull? reading some amazon reviews and everyone seems to love it.
>>
Who /huge pores on nose/? How do I fix this?
>>
Went to Sephora the other day to step up my skin care game. Bought a face cleanser and ultra repair cream from First Aid Beauty. Anyone else had experiences with First Aid Beauty?
>>
>>8759529
You can't fix those. You can temporarily shrink them using the Fifty Shades of Snail method here:

http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
>>
Anyone have any experience with roseroseshop.com? They have some good prices on stuff I want but I just found out about them recently and I've never ordered from them.
>>
>>8759655
if you're asking whether they're legit, they are. I've only ordered from them once before, but I had no problems. they're probably better for larger orders, though, as shipping can be pricey for only a few items.
>>
>>8759655
Their Ebay had a bunch of reviews saying that items were opened/used. Cosmetic*Shop on Amazon was good.
>>
I use retinol regularly, so my skin is a bit thin. I also get the occasional cyst. Once it comes to a head, it's very easy for me to accidentally break it, because the skin is so thin; sometimes even while gently washing my face, I might snag the head.

Any idea what I should do if this happens? I've just been dabbing on an astringent, then covering it with Neosporin, but I'm wondering if there's a better approach.
>>
>>8759695
Use hydrocolloid bandages. You slap one over the cyst when it comes to a head and it sucks the gunk out of it. It also prevents you from picking at it and bursting it.
>>
Would you guys suggest I add an AHA or a BHA to my routine first? I just got over a bout of very bad cystic acne and I want to prevent it from ever happening again.
>>
>>8759655
I love them. Shipping is only worth it if you buy larger hauls. once you get to the express shipping option it ships next day dhl!
Everything I've bought has been unopened and in date but things in the hot sale section are closer to the expiration date.
>>
>>8760129
BHA tends to work best for treating active acne and refining pores, AHA helps prevent new acne (especially closed comodones) and fading marks. Starting with BHA might be best if you have active acne.
>>
anyone w/ experience w/ retinol/retin-a here? i've been considering it...

i used bp 10% in june, after a severe breakout during a convention that i'm convinced was plagued with a horrible miasma. it was a big mistake, fucked up my skin and i have since been trying so desperately to fix it (hello closed comedones on the neck, jawline and face!)

i use bentonite clay masks and AHA acid peels once weekly, exfoliate lightly twice a week with lush's dark angels and use cetaphil moisturizer. i also use daiso's collagen sleeping pack 2-3 times a week, but that's a fairly recent addition to my routine. my skin seems to be improving?

i'm unsure of my skin type too, but i'm fairly certain it's combination skin (it gets oily fast due to hormonal changes, but is dry in places)
>>
What kind of oil should I purchase if I want to start the OCM? Can someone link something I can buy online? (preferably amazon)
>>
Can I use both AHA and BHA if I have issues with both sebaceous filaments and marks? I've been using BHA for a weeks but I have a lot of old marks I'd like to get rid of.

BTW, I apply the BHA in the morning before sunscreen and I use Tazorac at night.
>>
>>8760449
Use AHAs and BHAs on separate days.

Also, it's not recommended you use an acid every day. At most frequent, use it once every three days. Be gentle to your skin.
>>
>>8760445
Wood oil. It's just plain mineral oil, but without additives like fragrance (which is put in baby oil).
>>
>>8759546
I switched to their cleanser and repair cream recently and I love it. It's very gentle on the skin. I didn't realize my Clinique lotion moisturizer was the cause of bad acne for a very long time, and I've seen a lot of improvement since switching to FAB.
>>
>>8759546
I swear by the First Aid Beauty repair cream. I love that shit so much. It's my main moisturizer for night time, and I used it all day when I was on accutane. It worked so well when I had eczema on my arms, and was really gentle. I'm hypoallergenic and my skin is so sensitive, so it was nice finding something that didn't give me a reaction, break me out, or turn me into a greaseball.
>>
>>8760449
Yes, but it's a ymmv situation. I use the cosrx bha a-sol, mizon 8% aha peeling gel and bravura London 15% aha cream daily, and it works really well for me. I would not recommend starting on this but rather try one product at a time, >>8760514 is a bit conservative as there are formulations of BHA/AHA that are fairly gentle and intended for daily use - sounds more like a recommendation for someone with sensitive, dry skin.

>>8760141
Retin-A makes me dry and flaky but didn't do shit for my acne and I was too scared to use it close to my eyes on the fine lines. Retinol also never did much for acne or my fine lines, but hasn't dried me out. I might try a stronger retinol formulation at some stage, but I have about 4 new products I'm trying first so it's not a priority. How does your skin do with BHA?

>>8759040
Dunno about pic related, but a bha should help
>>
>>8761641
i haven't tried a bha yet, but that will soon change.
>>
File: skinwhite-skincare-problems.jpg (70KB, 1277x850px) Image search: [Google]
skinwhite-skincare-problems.jpg
70KB, 1277x850px
Ok, so I figured I need a new skinroutine, since my skin has gone to shit. I suspect it's my new medicine (Sertraline, taken for anxiety) that is the theif. I usually didn't have any problem with acne before, it was mostly just oily. Now I seem to get new breakouts almost every day, and they always come in groups (a.k.a. there's like 3-6 spots close together). My pores also seem bigger and the skin in "rougher".

Can someone recommend a good starter kit for my problem? Preferably on the cheaper side.
>tfw poorfag
>>
This seems like a stupid question but what do I normally use to wash my face with? I read in the previous thread not to use soap so I'm trying to change the way I do things since that might be the reason why I have sensitive skin issues now; years of doing the wrong thing.
>Basic routine is Cleanse > Tone > Moisturize + exfoliate about twice a week.

So I'm going to do that but I want to know what else should I do? Oldfag here.
>>
>>8763056
Neosporin. Always gets rid of my zits. Works on regular pimples too, just don't pop them when you apply it. And always wash your face with just water before you apply it.
>>
>>8763631
Cerave or cetaphil for sensitive skin are usually the most common recommendations. What else you do depends on your skin needs, e.g. if you have very dry skin you might use a two step moisturizing process with a hydrating serum then heavier night cream, if you get acne you will probably use chemical exfoliants more frequently than twice weekly, if you want to use anti aging products you'll add those in separately too.

>>8763056
My basic recommended regime to start treating acne would be:
Cerave cleanser
Thayers witch hazel toner
Spot treatment for active acne/zits (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, neosporin, adapalene)
Cosrx BHA power liquid
Aloe vera gel to moisturize

I'd recommend starting the cleanse - tone -moisturise first before you add the bha power liquid just to make sure you don't react to anything, and eventually would also add in an AHA as well.
>>
Okay I have a question for you guys because I don't know the first thing about skincare. In fact I'm not sure if this is even a skincare or makeup question. Though, I figured whatever the answer is this thread would know the better for the skin, healthier answer.

Basically, I've always been plagued by dark circles under my eyes. They're always there no matter what concealer/cover up I use. I don't care usually because at least for coord pics I'm solid at photoshop so I can fix it there...but lately my dark circles have evolved into borderline I-look-like-a-cancer-patient level. I know I don't get enough sleep but I'm really self conscious and I feel like mine are so much worse than anyone else's I see. Are there any products I can use to help with this? Or just general life tips? I feel like constantly slathering heavy makeup on them is going to kill my skin in the long run.
>>
>>8764082
Sleep and water are the go to. There are creams that work for under eye bags but I'm not sure if they work or not. But I do know every single thread with a seagull mentioning it the other gulls would always say drink more water and sleep regularly.
>>
>>8763993
This bitch knows what's up. A+ oily and acne prone skin routine. You can swap Cerave for Cetaphil if you want. Cosrx BHA power liquid or Stridex red box are both great BHAs too. I'd also suggest drinking ACV because it helps to regulate your skin health, along with some type of sebum control product like Dr. Ampoule, which will also help make the pores look smaller.

Otherwise, this anon listed an amazing routine.
>>
>>8763993
Oh cool, can I ask you a question. I am looking to change my routine a bit. I started with the Stridex red box since it was idiot proof, but my skin is a tad too sensitive for it and now I want to switch to Cosrx BHA power liquid. It's base is willow bark water, however, and last time I used a product featuring willow bark I had a bad reaction. Granted, the product was from Burts Bees and I understand most of their stuff is very irritating. Do you think I will be fine with the Cosrx? I use one of their sunscreens and am fine with it, so it could possibly just have been a bad reaction to Burts Bees products.
>>
>>8764082
>>8764332
A solid 8 hours of sleep a night and lots of water. I found that introducing a vitamin c serum into my routine actually helped with my dark circles as well. Also eat a healthy diet. But mostly get more sleep and keep hydrated!
>>
>>8763993
Youre actually supposed to do cleanse > ph toner > then BHA and wait 20-30 min. Actives (bha, AHA, vit c) only works if your skin is PH balanced and it needs to sit on you face with no other products for at least 20 min before you continue the rest of your routine. Order of actives goes from lowest ph to highest
>>
>>8765142
As far as I'm aware Thayer's is pretty much skin pH so should be ok before the Cosrx which is the right pH for exfoliating, obviously you have to let it dry first. Spot treatments are only spot so shouldn't influence the pH of the BHA much, and imo bha liquid isn't really that great for active acne anyway hence why I listed a number of creams. I should've put the 20 mins thing on though, I forget not everyone knows that

>>8765046
No clue, but it's not too expensive to buy just to try.
>>
Anyone where tried Paula's Choice? I've been using this range in particular, and it's been working really well for me.

So I've been using:
Cleaner
Toner
2% BHA gel
Moisturizer

Is there anything else I should be using, or could improve on? I just turned 26 so I'm super spooked about skincare now.
>>
>>8765287
Yeah, I don't really like their stuff. I find most of their things overpriced (like double compared to other companies with similar products) and I didn't have great experiences with their salicylic acid products - basically, they did nothing for me.
>>
>>8765280
If anyone has half a mind they would google those products and figure out the 20 minute waiting thing on their own. You just listed products, you weren't giving a routine rundown. Don't worry.

Vitamin C serum actually goes on before BHA.
>>
>>8764082
If they're physical depressions, you can get fillers. Sometimes, depending on skin thickness, the fillers can look blue/purple under the skin so you still need makeup to cover that.
Retin A and vitamin C cream can help thicken the skin - don't use at the same time (alternate days or morning/evening and always start with a small amount especially with Retin A), then a whitening cream for the color
>>
>>8744262

Dunno if you're still lurking anon, but this year I got myself a pack of crest 3d. It cost me around 30GBP and I did not need to buy more. By far the best choice I've made all year! My teeth are a little crooked, so being proud of whiter teeth makes me smile more readily and I feel like a happier person. Slowly inching out my shell, world here I come!

I did a lot of research before using the strips, throughout a month of use I experienced no discomfort nor was the use inconvenient in any way.
>>
Does anyone here have recommendations for retinol products? I want to try one for the fine lines around my eyes, but apparently the formulation has a lot of impact on the efficacy and stability of the retinol.
>>
>>8768238
The only brand I can rec is ROC since it's the only one I've used, it's the common beginner or frugal shopper's choice. I've had slow but visable improvement in my under-eye fine lines after a few months of consistent use. (along with more sleep and hydration).
It's also possible to get a prescription stregth from your doctor or dermo but i haven't done much research into it
>>
File: 41TVbyacN7L._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 231x355px) Image search: [Google]
41TVbyacN7L._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 231x355px
Hi my fave cgl thread

If any of you have 99 cents Only stores in your area I can honestly rec these sheet masks I just discovered they sell. They're actual korean sheet masks and are 2 for 1$.
>what masks do other gulls use btw?

ONLY negative I can report is that they're scented. I've had no negative effects but I've never been very sensitive.

>>while you're there I can also reccomend the fantasy brand condoms. Honestly, it's been my bf's and I main brand for almost a year and we've had zero malfunctions. They're in 12 packs and come in colors. Taste the rainbow.
>>
Just reporting in that about three weeks ago I started using Alba Botanica Acnedote, both the deep pore wash and deep clean astringent, and my face feels amazing and has seen a drastic decrease in acne. I've never had a product give me such good results so quickly.
>>
Do you guys have good recommendation for hand cream for extremely dry skin? The soap at my work dries out my hands so much that I'm getting little scales on some of my fingers, and it feels awful.
>>
>>8768668
Cerave cream, sold in tubs. Really good stuff. The amazon reviews for that stuff are filled with praise from people with exema saying it works wonders on their fucked up skin.
>>I don't have dry skin but still use it, bf gets super dry patches on face and I gave him a bit one day and he immediately bought a tub for himself
>>
>>8768668
Some anons recommended lanolin for chapped lips. I used lanolin on my cuticles cause they were dry, and it worked great. I dunno if it'll be good for the whole hand, but I can see it working for fingertips only.
>>
>>8768668
My bf used to wash dishes and it fucked his hands up too, anon. (And his feet somehow) I always felt so bad for his crackled hands, the lotion+ gloves at night thing might be worth considering
>>
>>8768576
Thanks. I've only had tretinoin and adapalene from my doctor for acne and they make me really flaky, so I'm looking for something gentle
>>
>>8768238
I just ordered pic related, I'll report back here once I've used it for a few weeks. In my experience a lot of products don't contain enough retinol to actually make a significant difference, ideally you want to look for concentrations of 0.05% or higher.
>>
>>8768668
>>8768803
I had dermatitis on my hands and African (black bar) soap helped a lot, I even used to carry it around in a plastic box.
I also use rubber gloves for cleaning around the house, washing my makeup brushes and when it was bad, even when I washed my hair.
>>
File: 61FyYoDZrlL._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 273x355px) Image search: [Google]
61FyYoDZrlL._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 273x355px
>>8768871
forgot pic, derp.
>>
>>8768625
I love Alba brand stuff. It looks like the Acnedote deep pore wash has salicylic acid in it. It's essentially a salicylic acid version of the Cosrx BHA power liquid, since both operate on the idea of deep cleaning with willow bark extract. I would suggest Cosrx if you have sensitive skin, since salicylic acid can actually be irritating. Betaine Salicylate is a good substitute to that. Otherwise, thanks for the rec! I didn't realize Alba releazed an Acne line.
>>
>>8768668
Eucarin. If you can spring it, First Aid Beauty repaid cream is amazing as a hand cream. I put it on along with some cuticle stuff at night and then put cotton spa gloves over them when I go to sleep, so the cream sinks in. My hands were dry and splitting because of medication.
>>
>>8768798
>>8768799
>>8768803
>>8768888
>>8769037
Thanks guys!!
>>
what would you guys suggest for people with hyper pigmentation
>>
>>8757945
Yep, period acne is a thing. It might become a regular thing or it could happen again once or twice, but it's pretty much guaranteed to happen again at some point. Not sure about the swelling though.
>>
>>8758798
Bangs are the most likely cause of pimples p. The hair threads tend to have some good advice on how to get non-oily bangs, check the catalogue and archives.
You might have dry skin between your brows, the same thing happens to my sister when her eczema flares up.
>>
>>8764082
Wearing GLASSES are a great quick fix for visible circles!!

And on top of everything the other anons replied you can try taking iron
I mentioned in my text wall >>8744177

I also had seriously dark eyes circles, especially nearing my final semester when I got no sleep and ate terribly. Since may I've gotten more sleep, ate more and better, and drink way more water. They'be improved so much since then people have noticed, my so even says I look younger.

Have you tried color correcting your undereyes with makeup? Im white use a darker peach to conceal my circles. The color depends on your skintone. There are makeup gurus on youtube who do magic with it, especially the Indian ones since they get hardcore darkness.

My circles are much lighter but I still have the slightly sunken eye-socket shape. If your eyes are similar avoid wearing brimmed hats and bangs, or anything that casts a shadow over your eyes.
>>
>>8769633
What is it from? If it's post inflammatory, there are recommendations here
>>8758934
>>8758804
>>
>>8768668
bag balm....it's in a tin and often found at country stores. it's what dairy farmers used on cow udders to keep them from getting chapped during cold winters. my family swears by it...my mom has to wash her hands a lot every day at work and it's one of the few things that keep her skin from cracking/bleeding in the winter.
>>
>>8758798
If you don't already, try blowdrying your bangs so they sit out from your forehead rather than directly on it. Also consider washing then daily to get rid of any excess grease or dirt - you don't necessarily have to shampoo daily but give them a good rinse through with water.
>>
I just had a microdermabrasion and a peel at my dermatologist on Thursday and it didn't really start to crack and peel until this weekend. It doesn't really hurt unless I try washing my face. Any tips from those of you who have had this procedure before? Do I just suffer and wait it out or are there any super gentle creams I can put on my face to help? Thank you!
>>
>>8774478
Aloe Vera gel and a lot of patience.
>>
Does the percent of vitamin c in a serum matter? I'm thinking of getting this http://smile.amazon.com/Vitamin-Serum-face-25%25-Moisturizer/dp/B00V57M1JU/ mainly because it's in a pump container, but it's 25% vitamin c.

Any drawbacks from using 25% v. 20%?
>>
>>8774880
25% can be too drying for some skin types, otherwise nothing specific that I can think of.
>>
What are some good moisturizing lip products with spf?
>>
Best way to remove blackheads? They are mostly on my nose...
>>
>skin almost perfectly clear
>finally!!! how can I keep this up?
>stuff face with terrible delicious festive food over weekend and expect to see more this week
>fucking acne all over again
At least I know what my main problem is now. I find a lot of it comes from eating wheat and dairy products, which sucks but I need to stop living in denial since it also can affect my digestion.
I strongly suggest reevaluating your diet before overhauling your skincare routine. It's really been a game-changer for me, since I found out that makeup wasn't the culprit.
>>
>>8778607
Ususally rehashing your diet is the first thing you do when trying to figure out what is causing acne. Can you eat a minimum amount of dairy or wheat or will you cut them out of your diet entirely?
>>
>>8778562
>http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

Read that. Safest way that will not wreck your pores getting rid of blackheads is to introduce a BHA. Look it up on reddit's skincare addiction or /r/asianbeauty. Stridex Red Box, Paula's Choice, or Cosrx's BHA Power Liquid seem to be the favored three. What a BHA does is go into your pores, clean out the gunk, and help prevent the formation of blackheads. Prevention is generally the best form of fighting it.
>>
I have an extremely red chin, and I'm highly prone to breakouts on my chin or jawline. It's also oily and has big pores. I think part of it might be acne scarring since i used to pick at the pimples I got there a lot, and part of it is probably genetics. Any type of spot treatments for one patch of troublesome skin?
I wash daily with Neutrogena oil-free face wash, exfoliate once or twice a week with a konjac sponge, and moisturize after I wash my face. I had some neutrogena toner that i'd use before moisturizer but I ran out and I"m trying to decided if I just want to rebuy the same or try something new. I do think that my chin might have gotten worse after I stopped using the toner, but I'm not entirely sure
>>
I've been using a coconut oil & brown sugar exfoliant, Cerave foaming cleanser, and Cerave moisturising cream daily, using their facial sunblock when I'm going outside and remember to & the occasional Korean face mask. No matter what I do, I end up with dry skin on my nose and between my eyebrows. It makes it so that I can't wear foundation and bothers me so much. How do I get rid of it? Is there anything wrong with my routine?
>>
>>8779331
Your exfoliant is probably too harsh. Try cutting that out and see what happens.

>>8778954
For acne, bhas like these ones recommended >>8778941
are good. You could try introducing vitamin C serum as well for the scarring.
>>
File: 31O6gHF%2BjzL.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31O6gHF%2BjzL.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PBX3FLW?colid=21F1EIEF34ZPI&coliid=I3A4B3IMLAK41K&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

is this safe to put on my face?
>>
>>8779331
Foaming cleansers can be drying
>>
>>8780288
Yes, it's a preferred product that a good amount of anons have reccomended before. Perfect if you have oily or acne prone skin.
>>
>>8779331
Foaming cleansers can be drying, which is why we don't ever reccomend them. Also, it sounds like you are exfoliating every day? You should only exfoliate about twice a week or it becomes drying and irritating. Get a toner and thicker moisturizer as well, you pretty much need to rethink your routine.
>>
I've got really dry skin around my nose and eyebrow area, but I break out along my hairline and chin area. Any suggestions..?
>>
>>8768625
Just bought the face wash and spot treatment a couple days ago, good to hear it works!
>>
File: P1050598.jpg (237KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
P1050598.jpg
237KB, 800x600px
Christmas haul in, and my mom got me a bunch of new Dior products I've never heard of. Anyone have experience with these?
Left to right:
>Capture Totale Dream Skin
>Intense Skin Detoxifying Booster Serum
>Purifying Toning Lotion
>Purifying Foaming Cleanser

I have semi-oily skin and medium acne (ugh).
>>
>>8780555
It would help if you tell us what you've tried and what sort of routine you'd be able to stick to, there's a big difference between never washed my face and don't plan to do much vs. I could commit to a long routine but have no idea where to start. Use a very gentle cleanser (Cerave hydrating), and different products on your dry vs more oily bits. If you have overall dry skin with acne you will need to keep your skin well hydrated.

>>8780380
>>8780518
Cerave isn't too bad but the foaming one is more drying than the hydrating one, and in combination with what sounds like way too much exfoliation that's probably the issue
>>
What would you guys recommend for a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment?
>>
I ordered the tonymoly pocket bunny mist and got this - is this the new packaging or the old one? does the design differ by region or something or did they send me an old product?
>>
>>8782530
Acne.org's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment seems to be the favorable one. But just a quick warning, benzoyl peroxide treats acne that is caused by bacteria. People tend to write it off as a shit product if it does not work for them, when in reality if BP doesn't work, their acne most likely isn't caused by bacteria. If that's the case check out your diet, hormones, or see if you are lacking in supplements.

BP is also known for bleaching towels, clothes and your pillow case, so just a heads up. If you are looking for a natural alternative (or are a poorfag) then try apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil.
>>
>>8782786
That's the new packaging. I bought this in store over the summer and this is what mine looks like.
>>
>>8782920
Not that anon but I'm curious.I'm about to start using BHA (which I know has SA), for redness and acne. but in the last ive had a lot of success with BP treatments. Can i add BP in to my BHA routine? Should I maybe just stick to BP?
>>
>>8782957
Well, if your BP is a spot treatment then there's really no harm in it. You know your skin best, if you feel like your acne could use a bit more help, it's fine to use spot treatment. Whether or not it's BP is up to you. Just make sure you are using moisturizer and sunscreen and just watch out for any reactions. If you find it too harsh to add to your routine, just quit.

Think of it this way. The reason why we use so many different products in an AB routine is because each one has different ingredients and chemicals that target different things. For example, you are using a BHA with salicylic acid, correct? Well BHAs and SA in general are used to clean out the gunk in pores. What it does not do, however, is is kill bacteria. So if your acne is ultimately caused by bacteria, you're going to want to add BP to your routine. That's not to say quit the BHA because clogged pores is also another leading cause in acne. A lot of people are under the misconception that you add one product and it is your holy grail, thus it should cure acne for everyone. Realistically, everyone's skin is different, and when you're an adult it's a pain in the ass trying to target what exactly is causing your acne when it can be four different things at once. Which means you'll probably need four different products to target each of those issues with maximum efficency. I hope this helps!
>>
>>8782965
It really does! I've never known the exact purpose of BP and SA. I just remember hearing somewhere to not use BP and SA at the same time or maybe even the same day so i wanted to make sure I wasn't making a noob mistake. But trial and error couldn't hurt.
>>
Hi, ive noticed there's a lot of people here that know what they're talking about so It's worth giving a try asking:
Ive poped a few zits or something 2 or 3 years ago, and they didnt heal properly, i mean i have small red dots underneath the skin (looks like blood right below the skin) is there a way to get rid of it, or do i have to bear with them for the rest of my life? Thanks in advance
>>
>>8782920
Thanks for the tips! My acne is most likely caused by horomones. I'm a beginner and trying to put together a new routine so I appreciate it.
Would you recommend I stick with the ACV/tea tree oil, or maybe neosporin?
>>
I was wondering if anybody knows what's happening to me.

So, all through high school I would get occasional pimples - but it was no big deal. I would just pop them - and my skin healed smoothly and perfectly overnight. My skin was pretty awesome the way it healed so fast and stayed smooth and I didn't even do anything to maintain it. Welp. I'm 19 and a half now and my magic skin powers seem to be gone. Now, whether I pop something or not, my skin takes longer to heal and I'm getting brown spots leftover that take up to a week to fade. It sucks. Why did my skin start being a douchebag to me?
>>
>>8783200
Either or is fine! It's a matter of personal preference since I've noticed they both work well. I roll around in my sleep, so I tend to stick with ACV/tto because it dries. If i have a huge zit I put neosporin on it if I'm home for the day. You can also put a bandaid over the neosporin if you are worried about it rubbing off.
For whiteheads, you should look into hydrocolloid bandages. If you accidentally (or purposefully) pop a zit, slap a blister bandage over it. It sucks the gunk out of the zit and prevents you from picking at it.

You should definitely get your hormones checked, because sometimes (for females) controling your acne is as easy as going on birth control. Hormonal acne mostly forms around the jawline and chin. Try taking some zinc supplements and see if that helps as well.
>>
>>8783037
That sounds like PIH - post inflamatory hyperpigmentation. It's what happens when you pop a zit, which is why everyone says not to - aside from spreading bacteria. The best thing to help with acne scarring is honestly vitamin c serum. Vitamin e oil is good for healing recent acne lesions, but if they are that old your skin needs help. What vitamin c serum does is help jumpstart skincell regeneration, and brings the newer skincells underneath to the top. It will take a while to completely heal all that, at least a year, maybe two years so you will also need patience.
>>
>>8783218

Maybe your current pimples are just deeper in your skin.
>>
>>8783218
Welcome to adult life, anon. Acne disappearing when you enter adulthood is a myth, in fact, for a lot of people it just gets worse. Adult acne in my opinion, is worse than teenage acne because most of the time it seems to come in the way of cystic acne. Cystic acne is deeper lying than regular teenage acne, and is more subjective to scarring. There are multiple causes for this, your hormones could be out of whack, your diet could be affecting it, stress, immune system, shit genes, etc. You're going to have to play a guessing game or visit a dermatologist.

To start, STOP POPPING YOUR PIMPLES. Everyone says this for a reason. Especially with cystic acne, it spreads bacteria, most likely leads to more acne, and will without a doubt, lead to scarring. See this anon's post >>8783403

Try to establish what is the root of your acne problems, build a routine around it, and stop popping your pimples.
>>
>>8783412
Damn. I definitely have a combination of poor immune system, stress, and poor diet. At least I don't get many pimples. I love sweets so much though - they make up 70% of diet. I should've known that just because they aren't making me fat doesn't mean they're not fucking my shit up.
>>
>>8783461
Yeah, keep sweets, soda, and junk food to a minimum. That stuff will cause the most annoying flare ups unfortunately.
>>
>>8783391
Thank you so much! You've been a great help. I'll experiment with both a bit and see what works for my skin. I've read you need to dilute the ACV with water 1:1, then add a few drops of the oil, but I'd love to know what you guys do. I'll totally check out the hydrocolloid bandages too!
re: hormones, I have pcos, so acne has always just been a thing I've struggled with. Medication helped but only a bit, although admittedly I'm probably due for another hormone check up.
>>
>>8783553
Diluting it seems to be the favorable thing. Honestly though, if you are using it for spot treatment, it doesn't really matter if you're using full strength. This is what I do. I keep some ACV in a little tiny container in my cabinet. I dip one end of a q-tip in it, then I dip that same end in a bottle of tea tree oil, and I dab that on all the areas that need spot treatment. I found that tea tree oil worked better for me if it was mixed with something. Plus it diluted the ACV just enough, though I've used a q-tip with just ACV plenty of times and it's been fine.
>>
I need a little advice, /cgl/. I'm currently living in Japan, and I'm about to go buy my first run of skincare products over here. I know I want to get the Cure Natural Gel and try some Lululun packs, but are there any other HG products I should look for? I keep getting terrible blackheads even though I wash my face twice a day.
>>
>>8783037
It could be PIH, but it could also be broken capillaries, in which case they can be removed with laser treatment. It can be expensive though.
>>
>>8765287
I use her 8% AHA gel and 2% BHA gel from the Skin Perfecting line. Occasionally I've used her toner + weekly resurfacing 10% AHA liquid + barrier repair moisturizer from the Resist Anti-Aging line. So far no bad experiences other than learning the hard way that you probably shouldn't use chemical exfoliants on your nose, esp. when your moisturizer doesn't have SPF.
>>
Is it ok to use a vitamin c serum after using CeraVe foaming cleanser? I know that niacinamide and vitamin c shouldn't mix, but does that apply when the cleanser is washed off anyway?
>>
>>8785503
You're washing the cleanser off, not letting it soak into your skin, so I personally think it's all good. Otherwise for niacinamide and vitamin C products that sit on your skin, I've heard that 20 minutes is a good, safe wait time in between.
>>
>>8784603
Hada Labo's mild peeling lotion is apparently pretty good. With blackheads you really want a lotion (not a face wash) with salicylic acid that you can leave on to chemically exfoliate, I would worry that using both the cure gel and chemical exfoliation could be too drying and make the issue worse
>>
>>8785503
What >>8785516 said. I kind of just lump CeraVe and Cetaphil together in my mind. You are washing the cleanser off, and then using a toner after that helps set the pH of your face. Plus, with vitamin C serum you are waiting about 20-30 minutes for it to sink in and dry before you use your next product, so it should be fine. I would do a swatch test if you are concerned, there is no harm in being cautious. But it should be ok.
>>
I've ordered a few products to help start my Korean skin care routine, it's missing a few steps still, but if anyone else could share their experiences or recommend products I'd be thankful!

Shipping to me so far is:
Oil cleanser- Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
Foaming cleanser- TONYMOLY Egg Pore Deep Cleansing Foam
Toner- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener
Essence ?????????
Serum- Skin Food Peach Sake Pore Serum
Emulsion ?????????
Ampoule ?????????
Moisturizer/cream ?????????
Eye cream ?????????
Sleeping pack- Too Cool for School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack

And not a daily routine, but I also bought:

Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
TONYMOLY Eggpore Shiny Skin Soap
>>
File: 1396589764755.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1396589764755.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>tfw 23 and still have acne
>>
File: 2h8dans[1].gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
2h8dans[1].gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>8787648
>tfw 24
>>
>>8751610
Is it Phillips ' Lumea by any chance ?
I sell these at my part time job and I've been considering getting one but I have a lot of small scars and you're supposed to avoid scars and big moles as much as possible.

Have you by chance had to deal with something similar ?
>>
File: 750.jpg (100KB, 599x421px) Image search: [Google]
750.jpg
100KB, 599x421px
>>8787772
>twf almost 27
fuck this shit I'm paying a doctor to figure this shit out I feel so god damned ugly
>>
Does anyone use peppermint or argan oil? I bought the peppermint as a perfume (I just put a drop on my wrists and neck...I fucking love peppermint scent) and the argan for my hair. Are they good for anything else?

Also just shilling for rice bran oil. I use it at night and my skin is so soft now. Skin also isn't oily in the morning, so I guess it absorbs overnight (I'm a back sleeper so it's not rubbing off.)

>>8778607
>>8787648

i have dairy literally every meal of the day. Wheat a shit but dairy is inseparable from my diet. I didn't notice any changes in acne from a dietary change, though. I cut out most wheat and sugar and it did nothing. I even cut out milk (though I still had other dairy) for a few months and no change at all. Routine and birth control fixed the acne.
>>
dear /cgl/, can you rate my routine?

- Garnier Micellar water for makeup removal
- Avene Cleanance cleanser gel
- Missha Supa Aqua active toner (love this one)
- Avene Cleanance K AHA/BHA exfoliant gel OR every other day 20% Vitamin C oil at nighttime
- Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
- 100% Aloe Gel
- Missha Snail Bee Steam Cream
- Daytime: Sunscreen and Missha Signature BB cream

My skin cleared up but It's winter time here so I still have dry patches of skin between my eyebrows and the sides of my nose. Just received a package with rosehip oil - when should it include it in my routine?
>>
>>8788646
Peppermint is a good deterrant for rodents. If you think you may have a rat or mouse problem get one of those oil scent dispensers with peppermint and it helps keep them away.
>>
>>8788646
Different things cause acne in different people. While some people are completely fine with dairy and wheat, it causes acne in another. Just like how not everyone's acne is hormonal in nature. Different genes and all that.
>>
>>8788646
Argan oil is good for your nails and skin too. I use it twice a week on my nails and put a little bit on my face when ever it gets dry and I'm about to put my makeup on. I like it a lot. I rarely use it for my hair, but I don't need to. Don't really use heat on my hair daily.
>>
>>8781926
I guess not! Review it for us!
>>
Favorite sheet masks? I'm ordering a bunch from Etude House since they're pretty cheap.
>>
The past 6 months I have been waxed once a month.
I recently started using a epilator instead and it's amazing because I can remove my very dark and thick hair easily BUT it itches like hell afterwards. I don't have any red bumps, I scrub my skin to get rid of ingrown hairs, I clean the tweezers on the epilator. I use a aloe vera lotion afterwards and a thicker one a couple of hours later. I have the Philips satinsoft wet and dry if that makes any difference.
Am I doing anything wrong or is that just how it is?
>>
>>8788872

Well, that's a good purpose, but I was thinking more beauty wise. I don't have any mice.

>>8788874

Shame we don't know the exact mechanisms more clearly.

>>8788883

Thanks! My nails could use it.

>>8788888

Quints. Guess you have to do it now, anon.
>>
Korean skin products are usually delicate and nickel free or at least reduce the risk of allergy?I never used korean products and it seems most of the no nickel stuff i find local (Eurofag here) isn't effective much. I'm 25, pale as fuck,oliy skin in my nose, chin and forehead but a bit dry in my nose sides and cheeks. My skin look sorta good but in reality if you watch closely i have: nose pores, occasional spots and (sigh) hairs in my neck i have to pluck and dark circles, i can't cover them with anything they are still here. I eat healthy, no tanning/smoke/alchool but i don't why these dark circles are here.
>>
>>8788897
I think it's like that when you first start? The first two or three times I used an epilator, I would feel really itchy and stingy, but it went away the more I did it.
>>
File: image.jpg (609KB, 1816x2346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
609KB, 1816x2346px
My skin looks like this, is there any tips on making it go away/preventing it from getting worse?

Aside from washing it everyday.

I also have sensitive skin and on a budget but I'll shell out the money for something that will help. Currently washing my face with Nubian Heritage coconut/papaya bar soap and just putting regular cold cream on it.
>>
>>8781926
>>8788888
I've only incorporated the Purifying Toning Lotion right now, and I'll throw the serum and foaming cleanser into my routine over two-week intervals.
>smells nice
>has dramatically reduced the early-morning oily skin that I used to wake up with
>has alcohol, but hasn't reacted negatively with my skin so far
For reference, I used to use Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel as a toner.

I looked up some reviews on the Dream Skin because I couldn't figure out what it was and it's ....actually super expensive, yikes, and looks like a mega-hype product for being a "perfect skin creator". I don't regularly wear makeup, but there's a convention this weekend so I'll test out Dream Skin then.
>>
>>8751458
I got mine removed and it's so worth it. The biggest was a 1.7cm birthmark and you can kind of see the scar, but the one on my upper lip was 3mm and is now invisible one year and six months post op. I had laser ablation, it looked like the skin was melted for about four months though.
>>
>>8789389
I would worry that the bar soap is too alkaline and stripping your skin's natural barrier. As for the texture, have you tried gentle chemical exfoliants? Cosrx skin returning A-sol is pretty gentle.

>>8789349
No idea why nickel would be in your skincare...

>>8788718
Seems good, but perhaps you need a thicker cream for your dry patches? I would put the rosehip oil after cream since that's where people seem to put hydrating face oils, but maybe earlier if you want it to spot treat certain areas

>>8787633
You should really have a moisturiser in there. I'm assuming your issues are oily/acne prone skin, but if you don't moisturise your skin may over-produce oil to compensate. Even simple aloe vera gel is good, I'd also consider hyaluronic acid serum in a lightweight formula (i.e. more like thin liquid than gel)
>>
>>8789992
I'm reading mixed reviews about Cosrx from people who brought it on amazon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
What do i use for lipbalm? I always have cracked lips and regular lipbalm doesnt seem to work, nor nivea, nor that stuff in a yellow container, Eos doesn't seem to help much either. Am i doomed?
>>
>>8790376
I'd personally recommend it, but any skincare product or routine is going to get mixed reviews as people's skin types all vary.
>>
>>8790694
burts bees might help you. you need something strong and waxy to keep moisture in your lip.

gently exfoliate your lips with either a brown sugar mix or soft bristle toothbrush, then slather it in shea butter or something that's really heavy. vaseline works great too.

if you have cracked lips, the first thing is to let all the cracks heal up, so cut off on the lip makeup for a few days, seal all the moisture in at night, and use a strong waxy lip balm during day should do the trick.
>>
>>8790742
I'll give it a try and see if it works for me.
>>
>>8792122
I do think you should also consider switching to a pH balanced cleanser rather than soap.
>>
>>8790763
Burt's Bees is the best. Everything else just melts off my lips and doesn't do shit.
>>
File: 09875478790.jpg (216KB, 1440x717px) Image search: [Google]
09875478790.jpg
216KB, 1440x717px
>>8792123
Will do, you have any brand you can recommend?
>>
Just a note from someone who's trained in all of this:

You should not be using a serum unless you really actually need it. These are very very strong and can add up to too much too soon on your skin.

I don't recommend starting serums until you see the first signs of aging, ie light crow's feet.

If you're under 25- you probably don't need a serum, and if you're using one, you're only doing harm to your face.

Additionally: you should use only /one/ serum. Anymore and you're wasting your money. The exception is an activating serum, which can be paired with one other serum.
>>
>>8792132
Not the person you were talking to, but Kiehl's has great cleansers. Pricey, tho.
>>
>>8792132
I use Cetaphil (the gentle skin one) but have heard good things about Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Face Wash
>>
Hey, did Cetaphil break anyone else out? I was using it for a few months, since I have it and I've stopped using it. I'm now using pic related, which is working well, but I have dry skin and this dries me out. Any recommendations?
>>
>>8793463
Oil cleanse! I'm been dry as fuck since it got cold but I picked up more almond oil and it's helped me out a ton.
>>
>>8793463
my skin is a desert year round and in the winter it gets way worse + i'm v acne prone, especially awful cystic shit, my current routine has cleared me up wonderfully tho and i never feel too dry or flaky
i use garnier micellar water to cleanse, the pixi glow tonic with glycolic acid to tone, and then slather my awful lil face in cerave moisturizer, the kind in the big tub. i do that morning and night, although sometimes in the morning i'll use amlactin to moisturize because it's a little lighter and my skin can get a lil bumpy and it also helps a lot with discoloration, but i use it sparingly because it can be a little harsh.

>>8793490
also what this anon said, oil cleansing is nice, i use it to take off my makeup if i'm not too lazy and just wanna use a makeup wipe. i don't tend to oil cleanse if i'm not wearing makeup because it's a lil bit of a hassle, and if i don't wash it off v well with the micellar water it can break me out, but that could just be that i haven't found an ideal oil for my skin yet. super super moisturizing tho!!
>>
File: 1443132603773.png (385KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
1443132603773.png
385KB, 640x488px
Will a whole skincare routine actually improve my skin, really? Like what does doing all of this shit actually accomplish? Will it stop me from getting early wrinkles? Because I don't have a problem with dark spots or acne.

Honestly i just want to have softer skin and prevent early wrinkles.
>>
What kind of exfoliant should I be using?

Whenever I use face scrubs or exfoliating pads, I break out.
I've head of AHA/BHA. I don't know what I should use. Whenever I see products with these ingredients it usually says "for oily or acne prone skin..." My skin is neither oily or acne prone.
>>
>>8794549
It will make your skin softer and if you take care of your skin you wont have early wrinkles.
There's a reason why crackwhores who smoke a pack a day look like theyre +20 years older
>>
>>8794569
should I be using a cleanser if my skin is
>acne free
>no spots
>no red patches
>no huge pores
>doesn't seem dirty
>probably dryer than it should be

The only problem I have is dark circles, but I'm fine with that.

I was thinking just using AHA once in a while, and also using moisturizer and sunscreen.
>>
>>8794574
You could use a cleansing oil, it's not as drying as other cleansers. You should always wash your face, even if it's not oily, and since you should never use regular soap on your face, you do need a cleanser or face wash.
>>
>>8794574
yes, especially if you'll be using sunscreen
get a gentle, low ph cleanser such as cetaphil, sebamed, cerave or eucerin, you don't need anything fancy
>>
Anybody have any tips on dealing with bruising on your face? Mainly my eye area, forehead, and a long crescent red mark on my cheek.
I tried a clay mask with aloe vera last night and used Neosporin on the places where my skin broke. I want this shit gone. It's been 3 days now. I use two moisturizers after toning my skin and using a hydrating spray for reference.
>>
>>8794578
Cleansing oil? Do you have any recommendations?

>>8794579
I'll look these up.
>>
>>8794556
Chemical exfoliants are reccomended because a lot of times, physical exfoliation (scrubs) are too harsh and irritate the skin, leading to breakouts. If you use a scrub, you should only exfoliate twice a week.

Basically, BHA penetrates deep into your pores and helps get the gunk out of them. AHA helps detach dead skin cells and jump starts new cellular regrowth.

If you have oily or acne prone skin, BHA is reccomended. If you have dry skin, AHA is reccomended.
Here is an in-depth explanation:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/
>>
>>8793463
>clean&clear
>>
Don't masks wash off all the stuff you put on your face beforehand?

Also, what does everyone think of Paula's Choice?
>>
>>8794612
what is a good chemical exfoliant? I can't find many...
>>
So I just got offered a job at Sephora today but I'm freaking out because I don't actually know too much about make up. Are there any Youtubers or vloggers that I should start watching? There's so many results and I feel overwhelmed and no clue where to start
>>
My hair is falling out. Help.
>>
Do people not read the thread these days?
>>8796930
Read >>8789992
>>8788718
>>8778941
>>8763993
These posts all contain names of chemical exfoliants that anons use or recommend.

>>8796864
As for opinions on Paula's choice, so far we have
>>8785295
>>8765436
Plus some people who clearly like the BHA/AHA products enough to use them routinely, if you look at some of the recommended chemical exfoliants in this thread
>>
>>8796990
get to know the product range. you basically just have to be able to read labels and suggest products that promise to solve the customers problem.
>>
>>8788718
update on the rosehip oil - it's great.
I slather it on my face as last step in the evening and just a bit if I have enough time to let it sink in in the morning. my skin was super dry and flaky because of winter and a Missha cleanser sample that was drying me out like hell but now it's much better thanks to rosehip oil.

still dry between the eyes though. I suspect it to be the vitamin c, the time it takes to absorb leaves my skin super dry, I think I'll skip the step.
>>
Recommendations for night creams or reviews from people using Roc's anti age serums?

>>8797305
More info than that required for us to help
Keep calm though! There can be plenty of temporary reasons. Have a Google and if you can't find anything specific, share the details and perhaps you're not alone. I went through a period of excessive shedding last time I was under stress but it stopped eventually.
>>
>>8797305
We need to know WHY your hair is falling out, or just more info than "my hair is falling out."

For example, I am on Accutane where one of the side effects is excessive shedding. My hair does not fall out in clumps but I shed an insane amount. That is why my hair falls out. Like that other anon said, her hair sheds an insane amount due to stress, which I also experienced in college.
>>
>>8796990
I hear don't watch Phan,
>>
How much should I actually be using of a sleep pack?

I got a little sample of Skinfood's 'Tomato whitening sleeping pack' and it's obviously meant as a one-use thing, but I've used it three times now with at least half left.
I wonder if I'm using way too little (Smoothing it on in a thin layer that stays kind of sticky but doesn't fully soak in.)

Should I just slather it on inch-thick? How do I use this stuff?
>>
File: sad.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
>mfw I am too lame to even come up with a name for a face care review blog

I just want a place to store how I reacted to different products and maybe have fun blogging. Too lame.
>>
Can I just use an emulsion instead of a moisturizer? And is the basic "Toss that shit on your face and rub it in" the same?
>>
>>8799455
With the samples, I find you get the best results from two uses. Use half a packet one night and save the other half for the next day.
>>
This probably a dumb question, but my (male) face wash recommends rinsing with warm water followed by a splash of cold water. I get the cold water helps to open up pores or something, but why the warm water before it?
>>
>>8799589
You can, depends on how much moisture your face needs

>>8800046
The theory is warm opens pores, cold closed them. I don't think it makes a huge difference as long as you aren't scalding your face when you wash it.
>>
>>8800595
Ah, thank you so much anon!
>>
File: future solutions lx.jpg (211KB, 947x769px) Image search: [Google]
future solutions lx.jpg
211KB, 947x769px
Has anyone used the Future Solution lx line from Shiseido? I recently received pic related as a gift, but I have very little experience with Shiseido.
It came with the regenerating cream, eye and lip regen cream, cleansing foam, and the concentrated balancing softener.
I also got a few random samples.
>>
>>8801143
>putting your products on the floor

Nope, never tried them but when you do could you write a small review?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.