[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anime Matsuri Hawaii invites YUEGENE, cosplay guest from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 21

>Anime Matsuri Hawaii invites YUEGENE, cosplay guest from Thailand
>She gets to Hawaii
>Con organizer doesn't send anyone to pick her up
>Con organizer doesn't contact her
>No one does shit
>Doesn't speak english, no translator
>Issue with her visa
>Police arrest her and throw her in jai
>Still no translator
>Organizer still doesn't do anything or make any contact attempts

She eventually got out and was sent back home but had to pay for everything. Sounds like Anime Matsuri flew her out here just to get her in jail.
>>
Holy fucking shit. You don't get a strike two after that.
>>
Man, I knew there was gonna be some shitstorm at this thing. Did any seagulls end up going?
>>
File: 1447975736029.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447975736029.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>people trusting anime matsuri
>people even going to anime matsuri
What happened to that boycott?

I'm surprised she even got out, I full expected them to outright claim she was never invited
>>
Sounds like they gave no fucks about her not speaking english
>>
So AM claims that they had someone trying to get her at the airport the whole time but TSA wasn't budging. Even if that were true, it's still their fault for not checking everything about her flights/visa info.
>>
I can imagine it would be hard to explain that you are supposed to be a cosplay guest at an anime event to immigration. Even without the weirdness of it all, no contact from the company the language barrier is the worst. Aren't they (airport) supposed to provide translators in case of immigration issues? You would think they could at least fix a translator by phone.

I'm so flabbergasted. I'm at a loss for words. What is this shit? How the hell did anyone allow this to happen? Won't this go on Yuegene's record as well?
>>
AM is basically blaming her for not submitting the right paperwork which causes her being detained. She has been travelling to a lot of places for events & there have been no problems in her visa documentarion. And of course AM is going to put the issue that is supposedly their fault on her.

Poor, poor Yuegene. I can only imagine how traumatizing this horrible experience is to her.
>>
I'm from Thailand and very shocking about what's happen to fay.

this con remind me of my local con. The organizer was really awful. He didn't paid the guest performing fees. Stalking guest(girl) to the dressing room. Didn't let fans take photo with them. And many others awful thing.
>>
How the hell is their no translator? There is a decent amount of Thaipopulation there and most public places have signs saying "point here if you need a translator" in most pacific rim languages
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 275x155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 275x155px
reposting from the farm
>>
File: image.png (316KB, 481x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
316KB, 481x611px
>>
>>8742599

Yeah I smell bullshit.
>>
Is it even a surprise H won a meta coord?

Was it true their were 7 full coordinates to be given away or was it 7 main pieces or just 7 pieces? I really doubt with their shitty attendance they had enough to give away 7 full coords
>>
Poor Yuegene, first a high-profile scammer steals her pictures and now this mess. Awful.
>>
From Facebook:
---------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE ON YUEGENE SITUATION; PLEASE SHARE
Ok, this is info from someone I trust and another guest at Anime Matsuri Hawaii so their information should be accurate
------
Yuegene asked AM to book a one way ticket to USA so she could go to a convention in South America (EGIC Ecuador) afterwards
BUT, to US customs, a one way ticket looks like legal immigration so they detained her without doing any research
The cosplay guest coordinator and the con head spent most of their time at the airport fighting with them
HOWEVER, the airport isn't considered US soil, so the AM layer could not get to her to fight the case
So now, they are trying to figure out how to fix it all....
------
TL;DR a seriously unfortunate situation that sadly Yuegene had to face....
I think all we can do now is to wait for Anime Matsuri to post an official statement and hope that there is a way we can help her and at least get her money back or revoke her blacklisting

This is probably going to scare a lot of international guests from visiting us ;u;
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to hear what AM says about this...
>>
>>8742588
Uh... incorrect visa information is absolutely her fault.

You can argue what you want, but its her fuck up. Straight up.
>>
>>8742668
International guests SHOULD be scared of visiting AM, if only because they don't give a shit about translators, handlers or monetary compensation.
>>
>>8742668
So basically AM is blaming the guest for it.

It's the duty of any ORGANIZER to FUCKING ORGANIZE for guests. Sure Yuegene have to submit the paperwork from her country and I would bet she already done so. The problem is HOW did AM tell her to prepare her documents.

I wouldn't put it pass them to try to be cheap and have her apply for Tourist visa instead of working visa which she would need in order to come to temporary work in the US.

Fuck AM. Not a single con sans trouble.
>>
Any more meets on AMHI? Did any seagull even go?
>>
Did she have her tickets for her flight out of Hawaii?

I've been detained in Belfast customs before because even though I was coming in to Belfast, I was taking a separate flight to Edinburgh and didn't have the info for it. They just saw me on a one-way ticket into Belfast.

Granted this was fucking Belfast customs but still. A lot of times things can be cleared up if you have the outgoing tickets ahead of time to show...

I'm not sure who would be in charge of that though, whether it's her or the organizers?
>>
>>8742668
I call massive bullshit on this. Just because she isn't through clearance doesn't somehow magically mean that they would refuse to listen to an advocate from the US, particularly a corporation who can show a contract that proves she's coming here for work. Unless the con organizer was too stupid to have that paperwork handy.
>>
>>8742683

>I wouldn't put it pass them to try to be cheap and have her apply for Tourist visa instead of working visa which she would need in order to come to temporary work in the US.

Hit the nail on the head. This would have been cleared up quickly if AM flashed her contract and work documents. But if they had her come here as a "tourist" and/or didn't properly file any complicated paperwork, they're SOL.
>>
File: AM .jpg (72KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
AM .jpg
72KB, 540x960px
>>8742673
Refer to >>8742668 & >>8742683

& no that is just something out of John's mouth, pic related. Yuegene submitted the correct paperwork in accordance to what AM requested. It's AM fuckup with whatever they did to her visa. Yuegene is the victim in this incident.
>>
They strip searched her and everything and didn't let her contact anyone. There's no way she'll be going to any cons outside of Asia for a long time. She must have been terrified.

Well done America.
>>
It sounds like AM and the airport are at fault.
>>
>>8742707
Hopefully she can get the airport in trouble for shoddy research on international guests.
>>
fucking hell, Anime Matsuri needs to end permanently. fucking coward always puts the blame on someone else.
>>
>>8742718
She could 100% make this a huge issue. Fair enough for stopping her if she only had a one way ticket, but the treatment was not okay or correct. Have a feeling she'll be too shaken up to do anything though.
>>
>>8742718
>>8742725
You guys are delusional as fuck,
>>
>>8742725
It's outrageous how bad the airport system has gotten. My dad can't even travel into Canada for some shit he did as a teen in the 70s. That was suppose to be expunged from in the 70s. Sometimes when I even travel I'm so nervous my cosplay stuff is gonna get wreaked cause of moron Baggage inspectors fucking with it. I put in a note and image to help after reading what some girl does. But holy hell it's terrifying.
>>
>>8742730
Because just being a dick totally added to the conversation there didn't it buddy.
>>
>>8742730
Delusional about what? I didn't say anything would happen if she did make a big deal out of it, just that she could and probably should. It's better than making 5 tweets about it and then staying quiet about it.
>>
>US Customs detained someone for having a one way ticket into the states
>BLAME ANIME MATSURI!!!!!!!!!!

Anime MATSURI has done a lot of shit, but how are you blaming them for customs being shitty?
>>
>>8742789
Apparently there were some issues with her visa. So people aren't sure if its because AM fucked up or Yuegene didn't send the right documents. And now AM seems to be trying to shift 100% of the blame onto Yuegene.
>>
>>8742789
Go home John
>>
>>8742791
because the Leighs are self-serving cowards with a knack for finding the most plausible story to excuse themselves with.

so yeah, given their history with guests, this foul-up is on them.
>>
>>8742803
Wow, thanks for the detailed answer to my question. You are so helpful!!!!
>>
>>8742689
Most of the known Hawaiigulls didn't go. Only about 7 of our comm went including the two staff who hardly count as comm member (cosplayers/H) and one who's only attended once or twice.
>>
>>8742683
To be fair, because it is Hawaii I'm pretty sure a lot of Japanese models and guests don't always get a working visa and instead go as a tourist.
>>
>>8742789
Uh yeah? It's on AM's head too to arrange the proper documentation that she is here to work. There is no way this would have blown up if they'd simply forked over the proper forms and proof of employment. The fact that they didn't means they either didn't have them or they're complete idiots.
>>
>>8742547
LOL damn AM cannot get a break this year.
The one time they didn't actually intend to fuck up and it just turns to shit on its own.

Also wtf on TSA.
>>
>>8742936
All government agencies are full of assholes. No exception. If you run into a nice one it just means he is new and hasn't turned into one yet
>>
>>8742931
You don't think maybe the issue was that she had a con I Ecuador paying her return flight so AM couldn't supply a full itinerary? Maybe the other event dropped the ball and didn't have her ticket? Maybe if she hadn't made that specific travel request it wouldn't have been a problem?
>>
>>8742989
I doubt her request for one way to get to another con is that unusual for Guests abroad. Or even here. I'm sure our cosplay fame hos do it rather than go home to only fly out the next day.
>>
there is much speculation, but few facts. i don't need more reasons to despise the Leighs but i am waiting on proof before committing to an opinion about this particular case.

my money's on them fucking up, though.
>>
>>8742994
>one way ticket into the country
>major travel weekend
>week after a terrorist attack and the country is on high alert

What's it like not to use your brain?
>>
>>8743020
Wanna take your conspiracy theory tinfoil off? Because damn son you gone.
She had a one way PLANE ticket not refugee papers. Get your head straight befor talking next time.
They are on high alert for people fleeing the Middle East. Not some little Asian with a moron con representative who shoulda gotten her papers straight
>>
>>8743020
Reaching much? AM as retarded as they are had someone there arguing for her (as they claim) And the TSA were sending her back to resubmit. She obviously wasn't detained for OMG TERRORIST MUH MURICA
>>
>>8743028
You don't think that perhaps while tensions are high they won't be more likely detain anyone who isn't following the law exactly?
>>
>>8742618
Sauce anon. Give me sauce!
>>
>>8743038
They as stated above detained because of the ticket (if reported right) And even then that's ignoring they had no translator, no person to explain what's going on to her.
TSA are blithering idiots but even they know better than to 'detain' someone suspicious and have no way of translating to the suspect what's going on.
If she was truly suspicious it'd been Far FAR worse.
>>
I think if anything TSA just thought she was some idiot trying to illegally stay. If she really was suspected of terrorism she'd be in worse shit then what is being reported here.
>>
How badly do you gulls think this is going to affect future guests? This is such a big deal for a convention guest, going to fucking JAIL on a con's mistake, that I feel like a lot of international guests aren't going to want to take the risk.
>>
>>8742668
I'd understand if they detained her if she didn't have a ticket going outbound to South America afterwards.

But I'm hearing no indication that she did, so that's a big fuckup on either her part OR the organisers of EGIC for not getting a ticket for her from Hawaii to SA.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-41-39-1.png (150KB, 1080x858px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-41-39-1.png
150KB, 1080x858px
Someone else posted in the comments with a link to a long post about how it's not AM's fault.

Tl;Dr
Fuck you TSA
>>
>>8743078
Likely it's just gonna be added to Am's latest fuck ups. I don't think it'll do much to other cons besides make them more diligent in guest safety.
>>
>>8743082
A one-way ticket is enough to flag her in the customs system on the way in. However, for them to detain her and deport her to "reapply from Thailand", something has to have been wrong with her visa. Until we know what was wrong with it (whether she filed incorrectly on her own, or AM told her to come in on a tourist visa instead of a work visa as speculated), there's not going to be any real proof of who is to blame.

Record of an out-bound ticket or flight date wouldn't keep her out of trouble in that case. So the blame belonging to the organisers EGIC is unlikely as hell.
>>
>>8742547

Fuck, that has to be terrifying. Can't speak the language very well and getting locked up. AM has some explaining to do.
>>
>>8742718
The airport does this to anyone traveling international with anything fishy. She can't do shit about her treatment really because that's how they treat everyone at the border.
>>
It sounds really crass, but how could AM not expect immigration to be suspicious if a citizen from Thailand flew to the U.S. With only a one way ticket? (Because everyone from South East Asia wants to stay in the U.S. And take everyone's job amiright.) When she requested this type of travel plan they should have predicted this in my opinion and made sure that they and she had all the proper documentation and an appropriate visa. (I bet the work visa might cost more than they would want to fork over though and I don't know how much/if Yuegene is payed.)

How hard would it have been to tell Yuegene: "If you want to make this kind of round trip you need to make sure that you also have all the appropriate info and tickets a head of time from the con in South America (if they are paying the flight down.)
It's just extremely bad planning and prediction.

Maybe it's because I'm half Asian and this racism is kind of common experience for me, but how you can not see how this could potentially turn into a problem just shows me that they weren't planning properly or frankly didn't care to do it properly.
>>
>>8743024
Doesn't matter. Traveling anywhere with a one way ticket sends red flags up at the border
>>
Everyone keeps saying TSA. It wasn't TSA, it was Border Agents. Two completely different forces and Border Agents are meaner and don't believe anything anyone says without proper documentation and forms. Stop saying TSA, you guys sound retarded say TSA.
>>
>>8743157
Again sets off a red flag. But that's it that's their sole reason for detaining her. Then toss her in holding until they ship her back.
They clearly knew she was no threat. and if AM is truthful that they were trying to explain with a lawyer present. the TSA likely made vast assumptions that were clearly not panning out in their favor.
>>
>>8743159
After you bro.
> Stop saying TSA, you guys sound retarded say TSA.
>>
>>8743160
It sets off a red flag and she's detained until they have proper information or they send them home. It's happened to other guests going to con where they don't have a work visa and get turned around. Since she said the next flight wasn't for a few days, they had to keep her somewhere and at that point she's a detained traveller and they aren't going to just let her stay in a Motel 6. Sucks they only had a jail but I'm not sure airports have facilities to hold people who aren't allowed in the country.
>>
>>8743168
But if AM had someone arguing on her behalf as they claim. Then they'd have the emails and the back and forth likely. It just sounds like AM royally fucked her over and don't wanna take responsibility.l.
>>
Good to see TSA and Immigrations officials here to defend your case against AM. Could you state your credentials for us before we continue?
>>
>>8743173

>demanding that people state credentials
>on an anonymous board

Always cracks me the fuck up.
>>
Question is there a price difference like in the major between work and tourist visas? Having not traveled internationally I'm curious.
>>
>>8743190
It depends on where you're coming from and where you're going. Some countries have trade agreements with the USA such that there is no actual cost difference, unless you stay longer than 3-6 months, or plan to establish a (taxable) base of operations.

There is generally more paperwork, however. From immigration advisements going into the USA:

>Most temporary worker categories require that your prospective employer or agent file a petition, which must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States before you can apply for a work visa.
>>
>>8743180
>trusting the words of anonymous posters at face value because it fits with your agenda.
>>
>>8743202
>Making demands of people on a clear speculation thread

kek
>>
>>8743202

>taking people's credentials at face value on an anonymous board

is more the point I'm trying to make.
>>
Is this the first time a well-known cosplayer ended up detained by border control?
>>
>>8742989
Not supply her plane ticket, dipshit, supply the documentation showing that she was going to work for the con. You know, to show that she was coming to the states to work on her work visa. It's extremely common to come in on a one way ticket if you have employment set up, it's fishier for tourism. Proof of employment is proof that she's coming for legitimate reasons so either she had the wrong visa or they had no proof of employment.
>>
My question is, Yuegene took a photo of the jail she was held at. Did they give her back her phone? How did she get that photo? Even with a cheap point and shoot, doubt the customs would let her take a pic of anything never mind the jail.

Note, I'm just curious and not in AM's side or anything. Couldn't really care less about that shitty con and it's branch offs.
>>
>>8743298
she clearly got it off Google or something.
>>
>>8743085
This post should have happened days before. Not after she has posted something in her own outlet and things blow up. AM is just trying to cover their asses as usual.

At the date of her detention, AM was just like "Oh, Yuegene Fay cannot get out of the airport. But her goods are here so we are selling it anyway. Let's get on with the show!"

You should just send in a fucking lawyer and a translator. Even criminals are allowed that.
>>
>>8743436
>shouldve gotten a lawyer and translator
AM tried to get their lawyer to her, but they weren't allowed to her. She was also pretty much refused a translator by the patrol people((which for once, is not AM's fault
>>
>>8743436
AM posted what they knew at the time it happened. It's not in their or anyone's best interest to speculate or talk shit about immigrations. And I doubt immigrations was giving them up to the minute updates.
"We strip searched your guest."
"We put your guest in a cell."
"We're interrogating your guest right now."
"We put your guest back into her cell."

Have whatever opinions you want about AM, but try not to be a massive faglord about it. Would you prefer the whole show shut down while they waited?
>>
>>8743100
AM has invited other international guests (Reika) over who haven't gotten detained. So it's possible that Yuegene fucked up. Maybe she had the wrong visa, or her visa was about to expire, or some other issue.
>>
>>8742599
*there
>>
>>8742668
>like legal immigration

illegal
>>
News has started to spread trough the Asian cosplay communities. After this, I doubt other guests will want to come to AM let alone the U.S.

Either that or they will be hesitate as fuck.
>>
>>8742718
Hardly. With heightened security, everyone is shit out of luck.
>>
>>8743024

Those attacks actually happened and there has been repeated needs of higher security not just from the holidays, but also a very fucking REAL potential threat you piece of shit.
Kill yourself and go say that "conspiracy theory" fuck off to everyone that died you fucking swine.
I hope you end up in a terrorist situation to only have some asshole tell you to fuck off with that same shit you're pulling.

Fucking trash.
>>
>>8743557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKEdKdgi2hg
>>
File: tin_foil_hat.gif (16KB, 240x330px) Image search: [Google]
tin_foil_hat.gif
16KB, 240x330px
>>8743557
>>
>>8743571
I was JUST about to say how flawed our system is. Sucks how inconveniencing it is
>>
>>8743557
>Expresses anger over terrorism
>By threatening another over a 4chan board with "Hope you die

kek
>>
>>8743540
probably just AM
many conventions both large and small have had cosplay guests without incident
>>
>>8743582
>implying

top kek
>>
>>8743593

>Kill yourself and go say that "conspiracy theory" fuck off to everyone that died you fucking swine.

That's not really implied harm that's telling someone to kill themselves

In a thread discussing AM....Fucking hell ya nutters
>>
The onus is on the convention/ any employer to make sure the correct paperwork is submitted for a work visa, because they are the sponsors of that worker.
She should have had zero problems if AM filed the paperwork correctly.
I had a friend travel to the US to work on a contract, and the company that hired him fucked up his work visa paperwork, so he was detained at the airport for a day. He did not have a return ticket, but that was not the issue - the paperwork looked suspicious for some reason, and when customs tried to contact his employer, no one answered for the longest time.

Considering how shit of a rep AM has, I have very little doubt that something got messed up due to their laziness or general lack of care. There's very little an employee can do to "fuck up" the process, but the employer can definitely. Having a return flight or not does not have much bearing on detention.
>>
>>8743620
To add, I've worked at a convention that brought in guests from Asia, and though I was not intimately involved in the process, I know for a fact that the convention's guest coordinator was the one who requested all of the correct info from the guests, and filed the paperwork with the government on behalf of the convention for these guests.
If she did send the incorrect info, it's only because AM requested it.
>>
>>8742555
That was on the lolita side of cgl, not the cosplay
>>
>>8743620
I think it is more than just fault from one side from the sounds of what everyone is saying from both parties. AM might have messed up the paperwork on their side and vice-versa for Faye on her side. Also, no one is thinking the TSA is at fault for being assholes in general? I mean...That's what they are hired to do.

Also, if none of you have filed work visas before, which frankly I guarantee none of you have, it is more than just filling out one piece of paper. There are quite a few pages and there is more than just the employer filling out papers that is necessary.

Also, so everyone knows, this also isn't a work visa situation. It is more of a tourist visa which is different and cheaper. Like how an American passport works for other countries, a tourist visa is what the US requires for foreign visitors. She may have applied for the DS-160 and figured that was all she needed to do, but applying and being accepted are two different things. In this case, AM may have paid for her flight over which her saying she applied, but not yet had been accepted, and when she got to the gates she was taken to TSA holding.

There is a lot that could have gone wrong and putting it all on AM is really not a good excuse all because of this cosplayer being high profile and from a different country. AM honestly doesn't have much control over whether a visa is accepted or not and they did pay for her hotel and plane. The gate issue isn't necessarily their fault,
>>
According to Stellu Chu, it's all on the other con but another staffer admitted that some paper work was not completed on Yuegene's end.

Knowing AM, they most likely neglected to inform her of the proper handling of the paperwork. Either way, I wouldn't wish what Yuegene went though on anyone.
>>
>>8742718
>>8742725
Maybe if she was white
>>
>>8743643
Reading it again, it doesn't say which side screwed up the paperwork. My money's on AM.
>>
How come when we have in state cosplayers invited to conventions you all throw fits about the community having to pay for the hotel and travel costs, but when someone from another country comes over they shouldn't have to pay for anything themselves?

An invite is an invite. If you accept you should get your travel costs cared for. Meaning travel and stay costs. Money to spend on food and other necessities besides travel and housing costs should all fall onto the cosplayer. This includes room service bills and damage, if any, is done to the hotel.

Back home costs should fall onto the cosplayer. If you accept the invite to the convention you should have to pay for your flight or travel by car costs back home. They are paying for you to come to the convention, not to send you back home.

In fact, I honestly don't think conventions should pay at all to have guests. If you are invited you should have to find your own way to the convention and pay for everything yourself. Especially if you plan to set up a booth as well and work for yourself instead of the convention and really the only thing you are doing there is showing up just to have your name on the 'Convention Guests!' list.
>>
>>8743646
Stop throwing a foreign cosplayer on a pedestal like this. Touring visa's are more or less all about information from the actual tourist. She wasn't going to work at the convention, so no work visa was being filed. Most foreign visitors to US conventions are touring visas. Unless you are working at a booth and selling merchandise, you are not working. A touring visa is easier to fill out and this requires information only from one party, the one visiting. AM has nothing to do with the visa in this case. That means that reviewing the paperwork doesn't even fall on AM.

I understand everyone wanting to fight against AM, but honestly this really only falls on Faye and the misfiled paperwork and possibly sending it in, getting on the flight, and not realizing the waiting period of whether or not the visa was accepted. Sometimes it takes several weeks to a month. This stuff does require you to fill it out way in advance.
>>
>>8743644
Go back to tumblr with your Muh oppression bs
>>
>>8743652
Also, so everyone knows, the application is electric. You need to fill it out in a timely manner or else you get booted from the system and you have to do it all over again. The possibility of having AM review it isn't even one. All the information is all on Faye unfortunately. I really wish people would do actual research about how the US visas work and how the system for visiting or working in the US really sucks compared to us visiting other countries with passports.
>>
>>8742608
Nice strategic shot of the hall. But yeah. they had a *huge* open space down the middle between AA and the vendors, making it look worse than it was. Had they only used half of that hall it would've looked far busier but not cramped.

When was that photo taken?
>>
>>8743655
>>8743652
Oh, so you need to throw them under the bus instead? How typical.

She needed to filled in the right one. But AM have to make sure that she knows it's the right one. How could AM not know after such 'vast' experience in many field? (If I’m inviting someone to my place, I have to make sure that my guest knows there’s the guards in the lobby and the guest have to show the right identification to get in. It’s MY duty to tell to guest which kind of ID is acceptable.)

AM, as the organiser and the host, MUST be aware that she has to come under Visa P, not B-2.

I look up http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_visa_classification.html for visa types and http://www.ustraveldocs.com/th/th-niv-typework.asp for 'P', which does not exempt non-paid performance. In fact it said nothing about getting paid at all.

You put her name on the Special Guest, she's performing whether she's getting paid or not. And frankly who would believe she's not getting paid to attend?

Go ahead. Deny the responsibility for AM all you want. Doesn't change the fact that shitty organising is shitty.
>>
>>8743706
I didn't say its not the fault of possibly both parties, however, filling out the forms is electronic and timed. AM doesn't have the chance to review the forms and even if they advised her beforehand, it kind of falls on Faye to make sure she fills them out during the electronic filing.
>>
>>8743683
KKon only started using the exhibit hall/first floor a few years ago when they grew big enough to.

AM could've easily used the rooms on the second floor if they wanted to. I have a panorama that makes the room look even emptier, heh.
>>
>>8743715
Wasn't AMHI also planning a car show as part of the event? I suppose that would've take up half the floor. But when that got scrapped, it left double the space to fill.
>>
>>8743708
P visa for entertainers requires the employer and the entertainer both to file. Not just the entertainer. So if they told her the wrong visa, or didn't file their petition, it's on them.

But this is all speculation, we'll probably never know.
>>
what if one of the heads has some kind of hidden grudge on Yuegene and intentionally invited her and didn't tell her how to properly fill out the paperwork knowing full well she'd suffer jail time
>>
>>8743791
I highly doubt that.

>>8743758
Considering how often foreigners fill out the forms wrong, Im betting my money on Faye filling her part out wrong because it all has to be in English and some parts aren't able to be reviewed by another party because of the electronic filing.
>>
>>8743808
What I would like to know is, did AM offer translation assistance to her? Her english seems merely passable onine, if I was on con staff I wouldn't expect her to be able to deal with an official document like a visa. Even if it was just a contact for if she had questions. Never had to deal with a US visa, but I have been in embassies with people who didn't speak the language well and it never goes well.

I would understand her having to apply for herself instead of AM, but if the application process is clearly going to be a problem AM should hopefully have dealt with that.

Also, US, fuck you. I've had so many friends screwed over by your customs/security/police, it's unreal.
>>
>>8743861
The visa is a problem for anyone who has to fill it out in English and doesn't speak or understand it fluently. I am sure they had a translator. Especially going where she was going. The thing is that the visa isn't paper and it isn't something you can really showcase and ask for much help on because it is timed. The visa is supposed to be pretty straight forward, but having to fill it out in another language is that gets people. Then you have the waiting period for acceptance. This is why I think she might have not realized she had to wait to be accepted and thought that once it was filled out that she was good to fly.

Its not fair to throw it all on AM, but honestly because she was stopped in customs, something with her paperwork was clearly wrong and I honestly don't think AM's paperwork would be wrong compared to someone of a foreign country having to fill out their part in a timed document. Also could be that the TSA was just being racist as fuck.
>>
Can confirm that visas for other countries are generally difficult to get 100% exactly right without some help from a party from that country, or a sponsoring organization. Call me stupid if you want, but some visa questions are very particular and you can get rejected for very small things, even if you think you have filled out the visa correctly.

I honestly think AM should have made sure that Yugene's visa was accounted for before the convention. I realize she is an adult, but if they wanted her at the convention, they probably should have made sure her visa was accepted and she had all the documents that were necessary to support her work visa application.

Anime Matsuri is just a mess all around, desu.
>>
>>8743886
No. The process is like is,
>you filled the form, electronics, online
>request an appointment at the embassy
>at the appointed date, hand in the documents (hard copy), photo AND passport
>attend the interview (background checking and general purpose of visiting the us)
>then they takes all your document AND passport
>you wait
>if you get your passport back with approved VISA, you get VISA

>You can't fly out of the country without passport

So she must already have VISA to the US. Just which type of VISA is a problem. And it's not for the error in submitting the form since B2 and P requires different documents.

Yuegene's English is not perfect, but it's enough to fill the VISA form which she must have done several times for other countries.
>>
>>8743904
Yeah that's my take on it.
It may not have been AM's direct responsibility to make sure she files everything right, but it's pointless to bring a guest and not even help them.
Although considering how AM treats its guests at the Houston convention (ie. no handlers, flaky translators, leaving Reika at the wrong terminal, etc.), this is really no surprise, hence why people are putting the blame on them.

>>8743637
Yeah the lolita side was the one talking about a boycott, but the cosplay side should be considering it too. AM's just awful all-around.
>>
>>8743708
>coordinate between legal retainers, a translator, and guests to be online at the same time
>online screen sharing so legal can double check and answer questions
>>
>>8743909
>leaving Reika at the wrong terminal
while this is basically the fault of the driver, still, haha, wow
>>
>>8743791
Honestly, she was supposed to bring more people to the con regardless of the shit that happened earlier this year. You would think they would put forth extra effort to make sure this went well, and not let something like a visa get messed up so easily. I highly doubt this was AM's fault. Imo, it is either paranoid security after the Syrian refugee crisis, or the South American con did not get her a departing flight from the country.
>>
>>8743910
Its a convention. Calm down. A small one as well.
>>
>>8743928
it's also under a much larger parent organization
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 749x1273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 749x1273px
The fact that she has a prison record now is really disheartening :( can't see her coming to the US anytime soon
>>
>>8743647
If this were true no guests would ever come to a con period. That's not how it works.
>>
>>8743647
>In fact, I honestly don't think conventions should pay at all to have guests.
But then why would guests give a shit? I mean, of course it'd be nice to meet international fans but to fork over thousands of dollars on plane tickets and accommodations on a consistent basis? Not worth it. I doubt any high profile cosplayer would give a shit and just stay domestic.
>>
>>8742668
>HOWEVER, the airport isn't considered US soil,
Airports are controlled by federal authority, so yes it is US soil.

>>8743168
>sucks they only had a jail
That would be the onsite airport detention centre for people not allowed in the country. It looks like a jail and it is a jail but it's called a temporary detention centre. Different words for basically the same thing.

>>8743886
Just googled the electronic visa application and it says that even though the submission may have gone through it is not guaranteed entry into the U.S. it also states that a round trip is a requirement. So if her trip back out of the country wasn't booked and confirmed before her entry she could have had the visa revoked/not approved.

Was she paying for the flight out of the U.S. or was that AM's job.
>>
>>8743647
Negotiations with any guest are on an individual level, generally speaking.

>High Level, Important & Popular Guest
They will ask for and get probably whatever they want, hotel, flight, food & travel budget, comp for their posse, vending space, whatever in exchange for x number of hours of programming like panels, meet and greets, performances, etc.

> Less important guest, returning guest, etc
You pay for your flight, we'll pay for your hotel & board, or you pay for your vending space and we'll pay for your flight - basically the negotiations depend on what the guest wants and what the con can offer. If a con has negotiated with a hotel for X number of rooms sold, they'll be more likely to want to comp room rather than flight because they will probably be paying for a certain number of hotel rooms anyways to make sure they meet that goal.

It's never 1-size fits all to negotiate with any guest, it's back and forth, and both sides are trying to get the "best" deal. Plus, every con has their own budget and agenda, so what they are willing to offer a guest depends on what that guest can provide.
>>
>>8744110
It was supposed to be paid by the con in South America. I think there was a mention that the con had not booked the flight out of Hawaii? Or something like that. Whatever the case I am pretty sure the SA con has some responsibility with making yuegene look sketch to border patrol
>>
>>8743078
Good. AM deserves to wither and die.
>>
>>8744096
I'd never even heard of this cosplayer before now but damn, I think if I was them I'd never step foot in the US again after all I got from them was humiliation and a record for doing nothing more than showing up.
>>
>>8744096
Yfw am and the South American con have caused us to not have easy access to yuegene
>>
>>8744096
Now I feel even worse for her.
>>
>>8744222
I don't disagree with you but when I read that post I assumed they were implying that this could affect international guests to US cons in general, not just AM. That would be really terrible if it did.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449015064414.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449015064414.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
>>8742547
"No problems here"
>>
>>8743643
Stella isn't a part of shit and doesn't know anything she's claiming that she heard through rumors, nothing from actual staff members. Not like they'd tell an outsider anything any ways.
>>
>>8743861

It's the TSA that refused translation service, dolt. You don't need to come to USA anyway if you can't have simple reading comprehension. Bye, Felicia.
>>
>>8743915
Yeah, she had to resort to twitter for fans to translate/guide her to the right place. It was a bit sad and I'm still surprised she went back after that.
>>
>>8744096
Shit, I'm really feeling for her. Is there no way she can get this expunged? Christ, I can't imagine having a record because you were invited to a fucking convention.
>>
>>8745030
The Chanel twin is killing me. Is she the rabbit teeth one in their comm or is that a designer?
>>
>>8745039
I meant help with understanding the wording of the visa application, the airport not having a translator on hand is another matter.

>>You don't need to come to USA anyway if you can't have simple reading comprehension.
I was referring to the dickheads who think they're the Big Man because they have a badge and a gun. We spoke english back when americans spoke cherokee, my friend... Though it took me a few reads to get through your grammer...
>>
Slightly off the main topic. But when they took her in. How much of her stuff do you think got damaged when they likely searched it?
>>
>>8745083
Who
>>
>>8745091
>Cherokee
>only one small part of the country.

Kek.
>>
>>8744110
The problem is she didn't have a round trip booked. She wanted to go to a convention in Ecuador right afterwards, so none of her tickets will say USA-->Thailand, which might have contributed to the issue.
>>
>>8745039
Looks like you need some grammar lessons too. Services. The USA
>>
>>8742551
I did
This was on Saturday afternoon
At it's most crowded time in it's most crowded room.

>>8742906
THERE'S OTHER HAWAIIGULLS?!

>>8743078
No. Other cons I've been to out here have been on the level of Wonder Con if nothing else. Matsuri just lived up to it's rep.

I shouldn't have gone but I was con desperate.

>>8743643
>listening to stella sloot
>>
>>8745440
A lot of us only went because we paid before all the drama spilled out from Houston. I visited my tabling friends after shopping on Black Friday, but saw no reason to continue going for the rest of the weekend. I think the girl selling the hats and shirts flew from the mainland just to attend AMHI?

They clearly aimed too big for their first year when they wanted to host a goddamn car show of all things.
>>
Border Patrol does not fuck around when it comes to one way tickets and possible incorrect visas. They will absolutely throw you into detention and "forget" to get you a translator and treat you like garbage. This looks like its the fault of all parties involved.

>>8744096

She will likely never be issued a visa to return to the US again. She has a record and as far as ICE is concerned, she is a risk for illegal entry.
>>
>>8745440
this looks like Dashcon
>>
>>8745440
No pictures taken down the vendor rows? Or did you just get angles of the wide spaces between each section.

If you want to be cruel, you should've snapped a pic of the tabletop gaming room, that was a big sea of nothing the few times I passed by. Or that odd, small set of booths just off of AA. That was an island of desolation next to empty space.

>>8745539
HEXXP had a car show in its first year, and they emerged without an established convention behind it.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 750x1334px
Hopefully they mean it and can get something done about her awful situation.
>>
>>8745146
The middle one with the bad makeup in the bonnet
>>
>>8745440
There's a few Lolita who self post and lurk. Majority are in the draw thread but I've seen two or three cosplayers as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1024x1024px
Pulled this straight from her Twitter, seems like she had her visa for a while ((posted in early July)) idk if this particular visa was just not right, but at least we /do/ know she had a visa document with her.
Just in case so people don't mistake, the U.S. visa is the picture on the bottom left corner
>>
>>8745659
Hold up
Doesn't B1/B2 mean a business/vacation duo visa....she got the correct type what the fuuuuuuuck (and all you gulls accusing am and her of getting a tourist visa wooow....)
I'm really curious as to what in the world was submitted incorrectly at this point. Or if it really the fault of the embassy for incorrect inputting of information.
>>
>>8745564
big unfurnished convention areas tend to look the same. big, empty halls. concrete floors. concrete walls. high roofs. lights everywhere.
>>
>>8745679
I think it's more along the lines we accuse AM of having her apply for a visitor only visa because it honestly wouldn't surprise anyone if they did after all the shit they've pulled.
>>
Looks like I made the right decision in not going. How was the con for people who went? Just curious...
>>
>>8745722
There wasn't a lot going on so if you didn't want to go to the main events especially jfashion you could either shop or play games
>>
>>8745722
>>8745723
It's a Hawaii con. So if you're not interested in the guests, it's pretty much the same artists, vendors, and people you see at all the other conventions and Japanese cultural events
>>
>>8745607
They may do something just because fans of her are breathing down their necks.

Better odds are that they'll say all this and weeks/months from now when people start badgering them again instead of letting it go, they'll just say "We tried but they won't tell us anything, sorry!"
>>
There may have actually been nothing wrong with the visa or the AM paperwork, since the Paris attacks all of Europe and the US have been on seriously high alert.I can't speak for any other countries but recently the UK have refusing entry and apparently these people had the correct paperwork, and I'm fairly sure the US has much stricter border control. This is all second hand knowledge so I can't comment on the reliability of it.
>>
>>8743149
Prob because the US citizens never had difficulties while traveling aboard and know nothing about how hard it is for certain nationalities to fly into the US. Im mexican and I need a fucking visa to have a conection flight through the US and fill all the forms.
>>
>>8745659
Looks like a valid working visa. So the next thing I can think of that cause the red flags was the 1 way ticket debacle. I do not expect foreigners to be familiar with US immigration laws, so it should be the responsibility of the convention to be familiar with US law. It's just bizarre that they have managed to bring foreign guests without issue but this one particular one is an issue, and that's probably because of the 1 way ticket.
>>
>>8745659
B1/B2 type isn't applicable for business such as entertainers and performers. If she's paid as such, she must apply for a specific temporary work visa, or P2/P3. The problem is those P types are expensive, and it's her employers, (AM in this case) who needs to prepare the contract documents before submitting them to the embassy.
>>
>>8744727
>727â–¶
>>>8744222 (You)
sorry
i apparently have no reading comprehension
>>
>>8746103
also wtf happened to this post
>>
>>8746086
Even so it would have been good enough to pass through the border patrol right?
>>
>>8745955
The reason they didn't have any bs with any other guests is because they're from Japan. Yuegene is from Thailand. Japanese almost get no scrutiny flying into the US, especially to Hawaii which has tons of Japanese tourists. Sounds like they lucked out on their other guests more than they specifically messed up on Yuegene.
>>
>>8742906
Crucify those 7 and put their heads on pikes. As gulls they should have known better than to attend.
>a plague on both your houses
>>
>>8746103
I didn't mean to imply you were definitely reading it wrong. I interpreted it differently than you but I could be the mistaken one.
>>
Now her FB is disabled? That's really odd, is luck against her this past week or what?
>>
>>8746161
Not if they asked to see her proof of employment. If your contract/terms of employment doesn't match your visa type, that's a problem.

Which is why people have been speculating on the type of visa acquired from the beginning.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (86KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
86KB, 640x960px
>>8745083
>>8745621
If you fuckwits want to stoke the get-mad-at-AM conspiracy fires more, this girl appears to be from Thailand too.
>>
>>8746392
I felt so disappointed when I touched the dress fabric at the vendors.
>>
>>8746392
...who is she?
>>
>>8746256
The known gulls didn't attend. Only maybe 1:3 "regulars" attended. One who self posted once in a draw thread did because they wanted to have a booth. The comm leader just wanted the opportunity. I heard majority of the con was jfashion based and kawaii kon has only recently brought guests but nothing as big as what AMHI had planned. I think most of the regulars didn't come because of the fact it was a holiday weekend or that it was dumb because you had to buy a three day pass to attend the tea party.
>>
>>8746392
I'm not here to conspiracy I just want to know who this is and talk shit about the models
>>
>>8746357
Its awful, she doesn't deserve all the headaches and sleepless nights from stress. She is a super friendly person and doesn't need a prison record or for her account to get suspended with no explanation.
>>
I like how literally no one here was even there.
Nothing in here has any merit whatsoever.

I was actually there and talked to the staff who were dealing with it AS it was going on.
Throwing bullshit and dumbass "well this shouldn't have happen because.." statements doesn't make anyone an authority on what actually fucking happened.

fucked up shit happens all the time at airports, and what happened was...fucked up and not AM's fault.

Think logically. Anime Matsuri probably spent a lot of money and effort to get her over here, and you honestly think they didn't care when TSA got involved with THEIR guest? John was at the airport ALL day arguing with whoever was detaining her.

sidenote, there were many translators involved. Few were my close friends, so again: stop making shit up
>>
>>8746775
past experience speaks louder, anon.
>>
so past experience merits making up an entirely new and false reality? that makes no sense
>>
>>8746775
>John was at the airport ALL day arguing with whoever was detaining her.
I don't doubt that they tried help her, but this claim contradicts the AMHI cosplay manager's report of the situation >>8745607.
>>
>>8746789
>not knowing how to quote
>shameless shilling
Yeah, how about no.
>>
>>8746612
Then get your frilly ass over to the AMHI pages and find the fashion show photos.
>>
>>8745606
I only took the one pic
I should have take more but my gloves prevented me from using the phone so it was hassle.
They were made too tight so I hated going back and forth with them.
>>
>>8746608
I find it funny that their leader went considering how she admitted she knew that "John butters people up" guess she likes her butter....with salt. Kek
>>
>>8746896
should have had them use conductive thread in the fingertips so you could just leave them on
>>
>>8746392
Oh my god.. is that a lilac dress?

I have a mighty need.
>>
>>8746775
>John was at the airport ALL day arguing with whoever was detaining her.

Suuuuuure.
>>
>>8746456
Really? What was it like, quality wise? I'm seriously debating dropping the cash for the LM listing right now.
>>
>>8742547
>>Anime Matsuri Hawaii
Literally what?

Kawaii-kon is the anime convention in Hawaii.
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>8746970
John and Denise are trying to make something new in a place where they won't be known for their shit

unfortunately John and Denise live in a world with the internet
>>
>>8746973
>John and Denise
I guess It's good I don't know them?

Also, get that shit out of here. We don't need shitty anime cons in Hawaii. Once a year is perfect.
>>
>>8743455
>AM tried to get their lawyer to her
So they claim.
>>
>>8746975
Anime Matsuri is a convention in Texas.

Here's a fun read:
http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-con-anime-matsuri-is-growing-and-so-is-the-list-of-people-unhappy-with-it-7764398

Also see Planet Zero arcade.
>>
>>8743647
There's a lot of naive shit in this thread but this tops it.
>>
>>8746984
Holy shit is this for real?

Get these fuckers back to fucking Texas.
>>
Yuegene is still listed on the AM TX website as a guest.

http://www.animematsuri.com/guest/yuegene-fay/
>>
>>8746992
Yah, that person is an idiot.

>>8747000
No, get them out of Texas. Ship them to North Dakota.
>>
>>8747008
I believe it's safe to say they are persona non grata everywhere.

>>8747003
They are being hopeful that this can be fixed in three months. Too bad they are dealing with the US government and three months is more like one minute to them.
>>
>>8747003
It happened less than a week ago, what do you want? They're not just going to uninvite her before they find out what is going on. Good lord, calm yourselves.
>>
>>8746965
I'm not a lolita so I don't know what kind of fabric these print dresses are usually made from, but these were made from polyester (I think) and didn't feel nice to touch.
>>
>>8746984
>>8747000
Texas is always fucking Hawaii over. It's like how Onicon couldn't continue for a second year or refund anyone who pre-paid their passes after the higher ups from Texas fucked the organizers in Hawaii up.
>>
AM is still a very new convention so I believe that it is with out a doubt their fault that yuegene was detained and that they should also do what ever they can to get her off the blacklisting, futher more i can tell you that the conv in general was sh@t bc many of the guest were displeased as were the attendees, events were continously changed, problems just came up one after another, many people left after the first hour and planning was just Ludacri. I just think they are too unprofessional to be doing something so big as a convention.
>>
>>8747138
AM is NOT a new convention. They've been running since 2007, which makes this year 8. They should have at least some of their act together for now.
>>
>>8747161
it's almost sad how a company that should have a wealth of experience running events is acting like it's amateur hour
>>
>>8747163
Exactly. Planet Zero was a business from the mid-00s they ran into the ground, and now their con is following suit. They need to learn to stop showing off and do their fucking jobs.
>>
>>8747138
>many of the guest were displeased

Citation?

Your butt hole does not count as a source.
>>
>>8746925
I believe she attended AM or if not she was part of of the Houston comm the entire time. So she knew what went down. I think she figured Jon would be on his best behavior and shed get to meet a bunch of designers. She was most excited for the drawing at the tea party though or so I assume because Everyone who going was. It was rumored that 7 coords were being given away. I've only seen H mention her winning the meta one though.
>>
>>8746965
I've seen these dresses IRL too and they're very plasticky and not very nice. The prints are unique and beautiful, but they need a better fabric
>>
I'm not a Lolita, but I attended AMHI on Friday only. I only had one goal in mind, which was to meet a certain guest. And that's exactly what I did. I didn't stay long, and I didn't really talk to anyone (mainly because I heard about all of the drama). The con was small, deserted, and overall a disappointment. Well, besides meeting the certain guest I went to meet.
I am glad that I went there. Because even though I had heard about all the drama that was going on, I wanted to see things for myself before judgment was made.

Also, I normally don't post, I just lurk. But I never knew that so many from Hawaii were on /cgl/!
>>
I have a Triple Fortune OP, idk why people are hating on the fabric. It doesn't feel "plasticy" to me, more silky and it drapes well. My only criticism of Triple Fortune is that they need to use better lace.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 678x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 678x666px
From her twitter
>>
>>8747515
Poor Yugene. It's just one thing after another for her.
>>
>>8747515
Wow
What is this bullshit happening to this girl? I'm guessing she's just going to be writing off all of the Americas at this point.
How scummy.
>>
>>8747515
THIS IS JOHNS FAULT! I BET HE TOLD THE GUY FROM ECUADOR TO DO IT! BURN DOWN ANIME MATSURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8746775
There were translators involved and yet Yuegene stated she was struggling to keep up with the English and when she voiced this they were angry at her. So.. where were the translators then?
>>
>>8747595
There were translators at the event. Yuegene was denied access to anyone at the airport.

Try to keep up.
>>
>>8746775
This. Fucking this.
>>
>>8747579
I like you
>>
>>8746790
>we had staff waiting at the airport for 5 hours
>completely contradicts

Where exactly?
>>
>>8747678
Not that anon but I think where anon claimed John himself was at the airport ALL DAY trying to get her out when the official report says staff and the cosplay manager were the ones there and only for 5 hours. Never said John was there and all day.
>>
>>8747515
Waiting for the Ecuador con's side of the story. Man, this just keep getting blown up bigger and bigger.

Hopefully, she would still even want to cosplay after this. Not going to be surprised if she quits.
>>
How could John be at the airport all day if he had to be there for opening ceremonies? Jw
>>
>>8747579
>>8747672
Shut the fuck up, John.
>>
>>8747733
>>8747760
Try not to take things so fucking literal. if he was at the Convention Center for a few key events while others kept vigil at the airport, then (he) returned after his events were done, I'd accept that as "all day."

fwiw, when I arrived at the convention Saturday and Sunday mornings, the parking stall reserved for John was always empty. Plus a few times in the afternoon when I ran back to the car and crossed the empty spot. Quite frankly that doesn't mean shit, he could've caught a ride with someone else for all I know. But to serve your logic, that must mean he wasn't at the CC at those times (if not, "ZOMG he wasn't even at his own convention!!!1!!" RAgE!!)
>>
>>8747757
The con isn't being professional at all. And now claim they'll take legal action.
>>
>>8747805
Except the official statement didn't even say that he was there at all? It was the cosplay manager and even they gave up after five hours and apparently did shit all the entire THREE DAYS she was detained. I mean, she had to pay for her own way home after all that so she didn't get paid by the convention and didn't even get a "Sorry this happened when you were our guest, let us at least pay your way home" apology. Even if both convention parties were at fault (and the SA one seems even shadier than John's) they should have at least helped her out since paying her ticket home would have cost less than paying for an entire weekend's worth of appearances.

That's what bugs me the most out of all this. The poor girl shows up to be a guest for a convention and gets tossed in a holding cell for days and the convention basically shrugs and goes about their business after a day and then lets her deal with getting out and going home on her own.
>>
>>8747825
Poor girl. She's never going to leave Asia again at this point.
>>
>>8747826
FYI that's not even an "official statement" but a personal comment on a friend's post about Yuegene, which is why I'm more inclined to believe it, along with the fact that she doesn't claim anything huge.

From what I can tell, they had staff waiting for her at the airport for 5 hours during the day of her arrival, but were not allowed to speak with her. Then they were given the call that Yuegene was not allowed to be on US soil, which made AMHI assume that meant she was to be deported since they were unaware that international airports were not considered country grounds.

Claims that John was there arguing all day or they sent their laywer there (who couldn't even demand to speak to her?) are more questionable. Were these from any official source or just twisted through the grapevine?
>>
>>8747825
lol their contract was bullshit because any good contract is going to have an "act of god"/uncontrolled by either party clause in there
>>
>>8747873
Just damage control to say they tried all they could. Wonder if they even rang up an immigration lawyer who might know a thing or two about visas and if there's any options during the weekend
>>
>>8747825
Her posting about it online really shows how powerful social media can be. We don't even know both sides of the story. Maybe that Ecuador con guy didn't think the refund that he asked through the travel agent went through, so he asked yuegene directly instead.

After all this, yuegene won't even tell her fans what was wrong with her visa. She's not giving us the complete story.
>>
>>8747876
Exactly. Just a shame that Yuegene, who already is stressed out and unable to sleep has to deal with bitter con organisers trying to intimidate her, calling her racist, unprofessional and have yet to release a statement about the situation other than shouting at her fans.
>>
>>8747825
Upcoming exchange of words between two parties in a language neither have a full grasp of.
This ought to get interesting.

There's a seed of a meme there in "whole strength of justice,"
>>
>>8747888
True. Except he asked for more money that the ticket was worth. Something which the con organiser has not denied, just said "she did not understand".

She does need to make a proper post. But to be fair, she's locked out of her fb. Not to mention she hasn't been able to sleep properly. If I was her I'd be looking after myself before making an official post.
>>
>>8747888
That assumes that CBP told her what was wrong
>>
>>8747876
This.
>>
I'm assuming from everyone's reaction this is not the first time Anime Matsuri has done something awful

so what happened before?
>>
What exactly are you supposed to do when the united States government tells you your international guest cannot enter the country? If AM did such a shitty job as you all seem to think, what is the right thing to do here? It's the fucking government. Any legal action to be taken is going to be a much longer process than the 3 days she was scheduled to be at the con.

Somewhere in this thread there has been claim AM refunded her for the expense. I know you're all quick to call it a lie, but she's blowing the horn on the other event. I AM had any hand or had asked her to cover expenses I think she would put them on blast too.

In B4 John paid her in VS pink bras to corroborate his version of the story.
>>
>>8747923
Read >>8746984

They have a history of pulling shit going back to Planet Zero arcade. Not paying prizes, attempting to rig tournaments, not paying rent, plus everything in the article linked
>>
>>8747888
Her Visa problem case still ongoing. She would not able to say much on the subject.
>>
>>8747897>>8747897
Agreed. Even in her statement about the S.A. con, she mentioned she was stressed and not thinking straight. Plus being locked out of her FB account and having an admin make the post, just makes for more angry outlashes on both sides.

Maybe she should make a video instead when she's come to terms with everything. Seeing words come out of her mouth is better than some post.
>>
>>8747928
But she had to pay her own way home and no one has posted anything saying AM showed up to help her once she got released or offered to pay her way home, nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 750x1334px
>>8747998
Idk where you've been but
>>
>>8747998
I'd assume the "paying her expenses" in this post means the flight home >>8743085

Given she hasn't said anything about that, I'd say they were probably being honest this time.
>>
Even if AMHI isn't at fault, it was still a shit convention. AM is just shit in general.
>>
>>8747228
>>8742618
I'm a little more interested in this, H really won an outfit? I feel like even if she paid for a ticket (with the necessary 3-day pass) and was off duty for the tea party, it's too sketchy. She should have not been eligible at all. I have heard John likes to make a spectacle of what a good person he is *sarcasm*, like Reika's Birthday. Was anyone at the tea party, who where the other winners? I know of a lot of the con/lolita community, I might just call shenanigans
>>
>>8747228
She did attend. She was staff.
>>8748364
Yeah, she did. She posted on FB that she won a Meta coordinate and a bunch of other goodies from the other brands. I wasn't at the tea party though. I haven't seen any of the other girls post about winning. Maybe it got burried in my news feed?
And I agree with you. She was staff. She shouldn't have been eligible to win shit. Even if, like you said, she bought a ticket and was off duty. She's supported John from the beginning and defended him against others of the cosplay and lolita community. Begged us to give him and chance and to not judge him until we saw things for ourselves, etc. Favoritism at its finest!
>>
FUCK THIS WHOLE DAMN CON. SERIOUSLY. FUCKING PEDOPHILE SON OF A BITCH WITH A STUCK UP UGLY ASS WIFE. FUCK EM' BOTH. I'm tired of hearing about their fucked up shit. THEY BRING SHAME TO THE LOLITA COMMUNITY.
>>
>>8748046
Yes. Because they haven't lied to us before..... you sheep.
>>
>>8748454
I'm pretty sure the Leighs were on their best behavior for AMHI and made sure not to fuck up (though something did in the end). Whether they're truly concerned for Yuegene's wellbeing (probably the AMHI staff) or just concerned for their image (Leighs), it does seem that they're legitimately trying to help her and figure out why the fuck she was detained.
>>
>>8748474
That's why I'm sitting back and laughing. They were trying so hard (lol) to make AMHI perf to compensate for all the other bs. But it backfired. This fuck up, their fault or not, will just further damage AM as a whole. No matter how much damage control they do or how hard they try to fix things, their image is just futher ruined.
>>
>>8748453
>implying it's only in the lolita community

It's not all about you, bitch.
>>
>>8748046
weeafag
>>
>>8747825

As long as they give the rest of us time to get the popcorn going. Haha what a mess shitty Ecuador cons are.
>>
>>8745955
Rich coming from your podunk life you shit on yourself can't hold a job.
>>
>>8748532
Lmao what
>>
>>8747515

She just can't win. I hope she takes a long break for her health.
>>
So many people were upset about Yuegene...actually no. Most people from Hawaii had no idea who she was till she was announced unless you were really really into Asian cosplayers.

Also, did any attendees notice a bunch of staffers who gave up and walk off the job? I know of five because I'm friends with them but like I have no idea if others notice.
>>
>>8748792
Why did staff walk off? It's creepy that there's almost no news of anything happening during the con except a few pictures of the fashion show.
>>
>>8748447
I believe she claimed her table was the winners table which I assume was likely other staffers and her friends. The few comm members I know who went posted nothing about winning anything but maybe because it's a small comm everyone knows it already and a few of them aren't social media people.
>>
>>8748805
Might be because attendance was low so no one had anything to report when nothing happened at the con.

A friend of mine modeled for Putumayo and attended the tea party, but she isn't lolita so I'm assuming she only wanted to meet the designers.
>>
monday is going to be interesting when EGIC comes out with their side of the story..
>>
>>8748812
I never saw who else was at her table. But yeah, I would assume so.
>>
>>8748518
You are seriously ignorant
>>
>>8745563
Having dealt with the BP as a U.S. citizen, this is pretty much spot on.

TSA is "Thousands Standing Around". They won't do much of anything if it involves real work, unless you manage to rouse them to dicking with you, or one of them decides your baggage has too many valuables and they are in full "gibsmedats" mode.
>>
>>8743706
Also she had merch to sell so she couldn't come in on a tourist visa. It would have to be a work visa right?

I've known a lot of guest relation managers of conventions and they have all said that it is the convention's responsibility for the correct paperwork.
>>
>>8748453
Pedophile? I don't support John or AM, but there is no evidence of him being a pedophile. Stop spreading more crap it get confusing when everyone decides to add their own twist to facts.
>>
>>8749059
I bet the merchs didn't come with her in her luggage since AMHI said they took care of selling them in her stead.
>>
I don't count on EGIC side of the story that much seeing as a bunch of their staff's comments on Yuegene's page are mostly whiny shits like "I know the organizer's a good person! It's a misunderstanding! yuegene's being racist against the Ecuadorians!" It's entertaining but nothing solid. So far.
>>
File: image.jpg (348KB, 2048x1477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348KB, 2048x1477px
So now AM Houston has announced they're inviting fucking Morning Musume. Aka, a group of 13-18 year old girls.
>>
>>8749155
morning musume is just the quintessential jpop group. most jpop groups have younger girls in it.

just too bad it's not a better lineup
>>
Im enjoying this AM fan thread.
>>
>>8749085
iirc there was a story by a cosplayer back in the days when john ran a game/video game(??) store who was underage, he asked her to do a photoshoot of some kind and when she got there he pressured her to do sexual/ecchi poses even after she said no. There may have been other allegations involving minors but that's the one i remember most.
>>
>>8749093
So kind of like the whiny shits here saying' "I wasn't there, and I don't know what happened, but I wouldn't put it past John to have done some slimy xyz shit to Yuegene."

>>8749155
START YOUR NEW RUMORS ABOUT JOHN!!!1!
>>
>>8748805
Horrible treatment, told to do shit and not told how to do it, and having to deal with assholes from the mainland.

One of the ones who walked off was told to tell the audience to 'fucking wait' from a higher up after approached with concerns about the concert.

Oh yeah so the concert was 2 hours late, which left a sad maybe 20 people in the audience that wasn't staff.
>>
>>8749284
Damn, that sounds like normal AM treatment. I've only been once to the texas one but all the volunteers had been prepped badly/not at all. It was rough seeing them try to figure out how to handle things when all the events ran hours late and no one knew any details. No one deserves that bs for donating time to a con. Did you go to any other events?
>>
>>8749155
I have never heard of these sluts.
>>
>>8749093
All that butthurt. I'm waiting for screen caps from both sides. With the way EGIC's staff is acting, the con head may have tried to scam faye.
>>
File: yuegene-fay.jpg (26KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
yuegene-fay.jpg
26KB, 720x480px
>>8748792
I looked her up, but left her page because all her photos have excess photoshop.
>>
>>8749221
no, she was not underage at the time.

read the article linked upthread, it covers that incident.
>>
>>8749476
Asian cosplayers are known for excess editing.

But that's actually one of her most photoshopped pictures. She's one of the few Asian cosplayers who looks pretty identical to the photos in real life.
>>
>>8749155
You realise that most pop/idol groups in Japan are mostly under 18, right? It's part of their appeal in Japan. They often then "graduate" and become actresses, go solo, or settle into married life. AKB48 has members ranging in age from 14 to 21. Babymetal's backup singers are only 16 and their lead is 17. They started at 14 and 15. Fucking BoA came over from Korea at 14 or something.

It's creepy as fuck, but in no way AM's doing.

>>8749367
Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but Morning Musume has been around since the late 90s with a revolving door policy on members.
>>
>>8749521
I'm getting vibes of people not knowing who Paul McCartney is but knowing Kanye. Like, goddamn, they've been at AX before
>>
>>8749754
They haven't really been relevant as far as girl idol groups since AKB was formed though.
>>
>>8749476
Where the hell have you been all these years? You can't post here if you're younger than Photoshop has existed.
>>
>>8749155

Can't wait to see how they fuck that one up too.
>>
>>8749155
Fuck.
I don't want to support matsuri but I told myself I need to see mm next time they are in the states.
>>
>>8748935
You're confusing yourself with someone else.
>>
>>8742547
Holy shit what?! in hawaii, all they or anyone had to do is go grab one of the taxi guys, all are mostly thai/vietnamese in the parking lot..lolol, but also can't believe she did not have some basic english notes on hand like.. I dont speak english..
>>
>>8749980
what is google translate, that all smart phones have now a days.
>>
>>8749980
>>8749981
Are you really saying this when she had all her belongings consficated and put through hell by the BPA?
>>
>>8749985
TSA agents could have really used their smart phones if they wanted to try to figure out what she saying. all I'm saying even before confiscation and detaining someone could have wiped one out.
>>
>>8749988
Have u ever heard thai/vietnamese speak? I feel sorry for them, TSA probly assumed she was being sex-trafficked to hawaii because of the cosplay clothes and 1 way ticket.
>>
>>8749988
>>8749990
Border Patrol Agents, not TSA.
>>
>>8749991
Thank you Texas Ranger!
>>
>>8749991
I wouldn't have figured in Hawaii there is a border patrol issue as it is surrounded by oceans.
>>
>>8750008
http://www.borderpatroledu.org/hawaii/
>>
>>8745563
Seconding this, my brother currently cannot get an American visa because the last time he tried to enter the country, his passport included his middle name, but his visa did not. Clearly, they were for different people.
>>
>>8750130
Shit like this makes me livid, an honest person should not have to suffer for all perceivable eternity because of a bureaucratic mistake.

I really hope she can fix this somehow. I talked to some American friends and they mentioned talking to the embassies or reps or something and I guess it's worth a shot. Bribery and inefficiency in Thailand might make it harder though compared to for example someone from Western Europe.

>>8749093

I'm also waiting for their explanation because they all just sound like butthurt whiners right now. I'd also do the same as Yuegene if that happened to me.

Can someone make a new thread? This one passed 300 posts.
>>
>>8749155
imagine how much this costs John.
imagine how Hawaii must've cost him even more
imagine how selling items at JP prices at his store costs him

where does he get the money?
>>
>>8750130
American forms can't actually handle my full name due to space limits, so my passport doesn't match my green card. I don't plan on leaving the country and finding out what happens any time soon.
>>
>>8749476
met her in person and she looks a lot like her photos, this ones pretty old
>>
>>8750178
Read >>8749861
People with this mentality is why the con keeps making money.
>>
>>8749233
Why are you such an entitled douchebag? You should be grateful you're not in jail.

Try spending less time on here defending yourself and more on actually running a business. Although it would be in everyones best interest if you'd just fuck off and get a real job instead of exploiting nerds.

Personally, I think we should publicly shame and ostracize anyone who supports your shitty businesses. Taking gifts and prizes at the expense of others is deplorable
>>
>>8750178
pretty much by "borrowing" money with no intent to ever repay it
>>
>>8750266
It's one of her more recent photos on her FB page.
>>
>>8750178
He gets money from his beta friend who apparently can't learn from his mistakes. >>8750436 is pretty much correct, even though he's been taken to court over it.
>>
>>8750640
Friends, multiple. He's burned through a lot of people.
>>
We autosage now
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.