[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the most you ever spent on a cosplay/lolita outfit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: damson.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
damson.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
What was the most you ever spent on a cosplay/lolita outfit?

I just ended up dropping $200 on Spider-Gwen, once all the accessories were accounted for.
>>
>>8742052
>$200
Uhm
What?
>>
>>8742052
Most of my bigger cosplays end up falling in the $150-$300 range. I usually don't spend more than $15/yd for fabric because I have a few local stores that are accessible, so it keeps the price lower than it might otherwise be.
>>
>>8742052
I just spend 1,200 buying new from Baby a dress, underskirt, blouse, bag, tights, shoes, bloomers, wrist cuffs, necklace, bracelet, headdress, and parasol. I have no self control. I walked out of the store and immediately went, "oops". But it looks pretty at least ;-;
>>
Maybe 300$ I was attempting moving wings and failed miserably.
>>
>>8742052
1 grand in total for like 2 for cosplay.
>>
about $250 and the majority of it was for the prop. And it was my last cosplay before retiring into lolita
>>
A coord I'm planning for Christmas has gone up to about $800 now if I include shipping and petticoats, though to be fair I'm layering two main pieces, one of them being a print that was relatively popular when it came out. I need to make a new hat though, which is probably going to add another 100 if I want it to not look like shit.
>>
One of my first costumes I did by myself was my most expensive because I spent so much on materials. I didn't get coupons in the mail and bought at small, local craft stores without doing price-comparing. Plus I fucked up and ended up having to buy more material, at full price of course. It all ended up being something like $500-$600 for, with what I know now, would cost maybe $250 tops.
>>
I've spent $700 on a single OP. Around $1200 is the most I've spent on a full coord.
>>
My cosplays at most cost $300 even with full armor.

Lolita, on the other hand, will cost me at least $300 per coord...
>>
>>8742146
same anon. Since lolita counts in this thread I'll put my two cents into it. My coords run between $90 (USD) to about $200; depending on the dress and what I can incorporate into lolita such as leggings in the winter (in CO). Sewing my own accessories such as berets and super basic underskirts.

My accessories can be versatile so I don't have to shop so often for them.
>>
Around $650-700 for one AP JSK. Thank you customs.
>>
i paid almost $300 for a new blouse. never again. at least, not for something like AatP. i'll save that cash for a Moitie blouse with a unique design and buy basic frilly blouses secondhand.

>tfw falling out of love with AatP's unimaginative boystyle items
>>
I usually try to keep it under 300, but I've spent over 1000 on a single coord before.
>>
One of my first (and favorite costumes...) was around $500.

It was all fur and vinyl, and has some armor. I was completely lost so I did a lot of testing. My first resin cast gems, and an adventure into lighting.
I could probably remake it for around $200 now.
>>
I'll easily break $700 for a full lolita outfit - new brand dress + shipping/customs will suddenly put a $250-$300 dress up to about $400-$450, I like decent leather shoes which are usually at least $100-$200 on special, and then all the other bits of clothing (hair accesories, blouse, bolero, tights, petti etc) aren't expensive, but add up at $5-$50 each.
>>
>>8743566
But its a traditional name.

>>8742059
Possible if it is being commissioned.
>>
>>8743581
Tbh, it was a bit less than that. $100 for the suit, $50 for shoes, and maybe $10 on various props.
>>
Over $350, in the early days when starting out cosplaying, though partly because
>lost a $30 package in the post, couldn't get it refunded
>buying a lot of prop tools and sewing notions
In the end, the cosplay-specific materials cost a little under $200 (though I never ended up finishing it because I dragged out its creation so long that I improved in sewing and crafting and didn't want to fix my early fuckups).

Cosplays now average $50-$200, though I recently did one that was $320:
>Spandex House fucking sent me two yards of the completely wrong fabric and wouldn't respond to my queries to send it back to have it replaced
>bought three different brands of bodypaint to try matching the reference
>>
>$380 for Stormtrooper armor
>$100 for the boots
>$210 for a blaster kit with extras to make it more screen accurate
>$50 for other materials

And I don't even have the armor in yet. But soon.
>>
A cosplay I'm working on now is about $700. A chunk of that is worbla that won't entirely go to this particular cosplay and leather. Also bought my first lace front and that shit adds up. Usually I spend $75-150 on cosplays which is still cheap compared to what spent in fashion school on garments.
>>
>>8742052
$1100 for FemShep armor plus gun from EvilFX props (would have cost $100 more if I had purchased them separately)

This is an example of one of his FemShep pieces (mine is the standard black, rifle is the same though) - http://evil-fx.deviantart.com/art/Fem-Shepard-N7-Armor-1-177361333
>>
$500 for a digimon suit but it was totally worth it.
>>
I spent more than $1000 with my first coord and I still owe 200 to one friend and 50 to another. Feels bad. At least the coord went well.
>>
>>8743722
Anovos Kit? Only TK armor I know of that was ever going for that cheap. If so, fuck yeah, I'm waiting on it too.
>>
>>8746215
My bro
>>
>>8742052
Racistttttttttt

>>8743581
So it's OK to make fun of?
>>
>>8748568
>a desperate attempt to stir up shit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.