[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see all these people posting about slots being open for Katsucon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

I see all these people posting about slots being open for Katsucon, and last thread here wasn't very helpful. I'm looking what good photographers are good to work with at Katsucon.
>>
no1
>>
>>8741407
Tbh I want to know the answer too, however this is 4chan. You could get a lot of photogs self-promoting, or vendetta-chans whining about photogs that may be lovely to work with. So this isn't the best place to ask this question.
>>
>>8741725
Or you could just have assholes that want to fuck with your head to reply. Or people know some good ol dirt on photogs.
>>
We're a very nice, welcoming site.
>>
Simple fact. The good photographers will not be posted here. Everyone wants to keep them secret. The only thing you can do is search and see which photographers have been to Katsucon. Hit them up if you don't see them advertising on Facebook and every other social media site. The ones with drama, shit skills, are creeps and whatever else BS will easily be posted here and probably be advertising like little bitches all over social media.
>>
File: CAH_Answer_08.png (213KB, 3288x4488px) Image search: [Google]
CAH_Answer_08.png
213KB, 3288x4488px
>>8741938
also they tend to offer promises of professional skills
>>
>>8741938
^

avoid blue shell, lauren pihl, A/C photography, felix wong, vander, ashb, black lugigi, GoodJunky, eugene manning for all of the above reasons
>>
>>8741970
Did the case against phil ever take off?
>>
>>8741407
do not look in Katsucon 2016 Photo facebook group. the photographers there are the lowest of low.
>>
>>8742120
Well where the fuck else am I supposed to find a photographer? (not OP) I'm really new to the scene and don't know anyone.
>>
>>8742127
Best bet is to ask a well known cosplayer with nice pictures to recommend some to you
>>
>>8742133
See >>8741938. Why would they help some nobody?
>>
>>8742135
If you dont ask, youll never know
>>
>>8742127
1. look up well know cosplayers.
2. look up their katsucon photos from before
3. look up the photographers who took the photos
4. ask the photographers
5. rinse and repeat
6. profits
>>
>>8742127
Look up the Katsucon tag on Instagram. See which photos you like, then check for the photographer who took them. See if they are advertising like crazy on Facebook, if so, then run! If not, hit them up to see if they are going this year.
>>
>>8741970
>reasons
Avoid Goojunky
>>
>>8742441
It's best to avoid all the spammers. Sumiko, kscisplay, Vander, UV, my sweet addiction, A/C, Jay's fine art, go junky, etc. all bottom of the barrel garbage.
>>
This is too fucking early to start booking shoots. Why are people doing this now?
>>
>>8742576
>
I second this. Why are people booking shoots so early this year?
>>
>>8742462
Seconded, thirded, fourthed. Goojunky's work is shit and her attitude is worse.
>>
>>8742576
Cause people need to feel loved and desired.
>>
>>8742604
All that equipment and her work is still shit
>>
>>8742631
Jealous much? Vendetta because they have better equipment than you?
>>
>>8742604
Omfg I just looked her up and her photos are so bad!
>>
This is why I'm glad to have my own fancy camera and experience that I don't have to put up with shitty photog personalities and booking. I take pics of my friends and do group shots/selfies with a tripod.

Why more people don't do this is beyond me.
>>
>>8742633
I remember her at Anime USA, and she had strobes and shit but why are her photos so dark af.
>>
>>8742633
Not the same anon, but it's not exactly vendetta if they're using a bunch of lights and their photos are underexposed. That's just bad photography. I can understand underexposing to avoid highlights, but it shouldn't be like you were shooting in a cave if you're using 2-3 lights
>>
I'm unknown, work is probably mid-tier, and want to do a few slots for Katsucon. Advertising here seems like shooting myself in the foot so is the Facebook page my only option? I feel like I just see the same people posting over and over on there so maybe I'll just wait until the con is closer.
>>
>>8742631
She has strobes and stuff but she's using an entry level Nikon and the kit lens, so...
>>
>>8742653
Well, it depends. Advertising on Tumblr will get you a lot of garbage requests but folks will ask. Having friends share/retweet you on Facebook and Twitter will get you friends-of-friends which are less of a liability, but you're less likely to get bites. Posting on the facebook page is like posting on tumblr, maybe half a step up in the quality of cosplayers requesting you.

Posting here is like playing Russian roulette. You could get ripped apart or people could just not give a fuck.
>>
>>8742671
Nothing wrong with a kit lens if you know what you are doing, which she doesn't.
>>
>>8741970

It's Just Cosplay Photography now

Get your shit updated
>>
>>8742681
I agree, I'm responding to the two posters who were talking about how she has "all that equipment" that's "better than yours"
>>
>>8742681
>>8742671
If you know your shit, you can take magical photos with obsolete equipment. Look up beethy.
>>
>>8742701
>obsolete equipment
Like what? Are you talking about lenses?
>>
>>8742634
Which ones in particular? I just googled the name and most of the results are pleasing or at least nicer than the usual I see posted.
>>
>>8742716
This was the most recent mess posted on CGL
>>
>>8742716
Her photos are fine. People cherry pick and hammer on her mistakes
>>
>>8742704
For a while Beethy was shooting with a canon xti and nifty fifty.
>>
>>8742682
He's always blue shell to me. Just cosplay is s stupid name.
>>
>>8742743
I heard from someone that had a shoot with her and she researched the wrong character for the photoshoot.
>>
why does every photography thread turn into a GooJunky mess? Is it just one person with vendetta or did she really piss off a whole town of people?
>>
>>8743299
I hadn't heard of her till this thread but her photos do look pretty mediocre. I'm not sure why people here are getting so mad that people dislike her work.
>>
>>8743401
I think it's because of the way she sells herself? I mean New England just had the Phil drama. So they're likely wary?
>>
>>8742532
I love UV. His work is really good and he keeps getting better and better at editing.
>>
Can I get any thoughts on Vander? I just always feel a bit off when I see his stuff
>>
>>8743405
People are getting sick of her spamming herself across multiple Facebook groups and being an arrogant asshole without the talent to back it up. I thought I was the only one/one of a few who was salty about her, but I sort of reached out and it seems a shitton of people are really mad.
>>
>>8743555
This. Were it just that her work is mediocre and overprocessed, I wouldn't care, but she acts like she's the second coming of photography. I'm REALLY glad she got called out for spamming in one group.
>>
>>8743515
I know exactly who you are. Stop kidding yourself UV and his edits are a huge mess.
>>
>>8743515
different anon here. but I actually agree with this too.
>>
>>8743681
>>8743515
I love his photos from colossalcon. i will definitely book him this year
>>
>>8743681
>>8743729
Ok you can stop sucking your own dick now.
>>
>>8743515
No, his work is just mediocre as is his incognito Dr Who closet cosplay
>>
>>8744005
>>8743729
Sounds like somebody is jealous of his growing harem of fangirls.
>>
>>8744155
This.
>>
>>8744155
>>8744173
I like his work and agree he is getting better, but his style is very particular and probably an acquired taste.

That being said he's an awful person in general, but that's not what you cosplayers care about any ways.
>>
>>8744190
Why do you say that he's an awful person. He seemed manipulative but otherwise he seems ok
>>
>>8744190
cosplayers don't care about personality, but reach. it's why many photographers who are known to hit or sleep with cosplayers are still able to get shoots, because the cosplayers feel the trade off is worth it. they only cry foul later, but all those girls deserved it.
>>
>>8744197
>>8744190
Manipulatuve, awful? I have never met this tog but all these talk sound like vendetta to me. Deeds or gtfo
>>
>>8744197
> seemed manipulative
> but otherwise seems ok

Im not here to drag the kid down honestly. I just know he's pissed a lot of people off by inviting himself places and using people to become more well known in the community. If he's being talked about so much here I guess it's working.

Kudos, Nate.
>>
>>8744290
Any publicity is good publicity. Sounds like he's like every other cosplay photographer.

Anyone knows his rate? He never publish them
>>
>>8744202
What's wrong with sleeping with cosplayers?

God, you guys can be so puritanical.
>>
>>8744289

You're fucking stupid. Hurr durr every negative post = bad, every positive post = samefagging.

Fucking retard.

I think Nate's an alright guy and fun to hangout with but I've seen him manipulate others. What's so complex about that?
>>
>>8744406
Nothing is wrong, what's wrong is when cosplayers suddenly pretend they are victims when they knew what they were doing to get free shoots or whatever. Don't be a whore and then claim to be the victim.
>>
PEW PEW PEW!!
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.