[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I guess this image has been circulating around facebook. From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I guess this image has been circulating around facebook. From what I can see the only people commenting/sharing are whining about not getting recognition and and bawwing about how they're putting too much money into their own hobby.

I guess I vaguely get the idea, but it just seems like butthurt.

What do you think about people bawwing over the cost of their hobby?
>>
If they're salty over the cost of the hobby then maybe it's time to get a new one...
>>
>>8738342
i havent seen this picture before, but it would be a helpful thing to show people who get offended when their commission costs over $20. a lot of people thing a full set of armor should only cost $100 and a full dress should be $15, etc. other than that, im not sure why cosplayers would be sharing this image. yeah, cosplay is expensive, everyone knows that
>>
I get where they're coming from, but it does read more as "I put so much of my own money into my own hobby and therefore other people are obligated to appreciate my work" than whatever they were going for.
>listing food and drink as a cosplay supply
wat
>>
Got curious and went to find the original post. The guy who made this didn't include any context or story behind it so I'm guessing he just wants asspats for how much time/effort he puts into his hobby............?

I've gotta agree with the above anon, this image is useful for smacking down people who think someone can give them cheap/free cosplay, but aside from that I don't get the point.
>>
>>8738342
circlejerk: the image macro
>>
>>8738357
well this seems to pretty much be for cosplayers since it mentions food, props etc. i agree that one of these would be good for comissioning but really the prices are definitely off. contacts are not that expensive. plus the "if time = $$" thing isn't even being applied right, unless people take work off to make cosplays.
>>
>>8738362
This would probably work better as like a 'con expenses' list than a cosplay one. It only seems to apply to difficult ones like with props or intricate outfits anyways.

It's also totally untrue. One of my best cosplays cost less than $50 cause I had access to cheap wholesale materials and the design is easy. Even so, this level of bawwing is embarrassing.
>>
>>8738370
Depends on what kind of contacts you're talking about. Sclera lenses are definitely expensive, especially if you need prescription lenses.

Still, since there's no real chart as to what one $ means...
>>
Not a cosplayer, but this is ridiculous. So cosplay costs money, do you want t asspats? Are you complaining that you don't make any money for doing your own hobby and having fun? Give me a break. Lolita costs a ton too but we don't make a huge deal saying wah wah we dress up but don't earn anything for it!! It's not a job, its not a commitment, you are not an entertainer, you are not providing a service to anyone by cosplaying, and if you think that you are then you need to get your head out of your ass..

Also where do I get makeup for $$$$ and food for $. This would be slightly less retarded if they used actual price ranges.
>>
What is up with the dollar signs AND plus/minus signs? Wtf kind of well-recognized standard of cost implication is that?

>Also forgot to include Convention Photographer Cost: $$$$$++++$$+++++$$$$$$----
>>
>>8738342
WOW HOLY SHIT HOBBIES COST MONEY AND TIME WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

So if some guy spends millions of dollars on sports cars because they're his hobby then I'm supposed to appreciate him and feel sorry for the fact that he's spending so much money on something he likes?

This is retarded, I wish cosplayers would stop pitying themselves over a hobby they choose to spend their time and money on. Just because you spend all your money on something doesn't mean anybody owes you recognition.
>>
>>8738342
That fucking entitlement.
>>
I think "how much did I spend on this cosplay" is interesting, but only when honest and relevant. If you include food into your budget that's bullshit. I've also seen "what I paid vs. what you'd expect to pay" as a means of cheering about getting stuff at a budget price or acknowledging that cosplay gets cheaper over time as you aquire tools etc. For example, my first costume might look like:

>Fabric: 45€
>Trim: 5€
>Make up: 25€
>Shoes: 40€
>Wig: 30€
>Prop materials: 35€
>Prop tools: 50€

Meanwhile, a fifth cosplay might be more along the lines of:

>Fabric: 25€
>Contacts: 15€
>Make up: 0€
>Shoecovers: 5€
>Wig: 25€
>Prop materials: 15€
>Prop tools: 0€

As you get more shopping savvy, and also end up owning a lot of base items and tools (make up is a big one; if you buy everything from scratch it's a lot of money, but you wouldn't list it as if you bought a new set for every cosplay).

But this list? It's pointless, doesn't prove anything, and doesn't make sense to begin with.
>>
>>8738342
I sort of feel that this image is less about OMG NOTICE ME I SPENT MONEY and more about don't fuck with my shit and break what I put so much time and money into. It's not about everyone getting equal asspats, it's about making sure you understand that they put money into it and you should respect that and not fuck it up.
>>
>>8738708
that's all hobbies. initial investment for anything takes a bit but once you're started the monthly costs tend to drop significantly.
>>
Kind of off topic, but one of things I remember liking about Cosplay Lab, back in the day, was that you listed an estimate of how much money you spent to make the cosplay. I always found it interesting to look that.
>>
>>8738342
I'm interpretting it more as a "Look you dumb whores, cosplay won't get you money" PSA since there have been a lot of people trying to make a mint with cosplay because they think fame equals money. And also a reminder for dumb shits who feel cosplayers are obligated for whatever (like making your goddamn halloween costume) and can be treated like crazy adult children despite them putting a lot of money and time into their hobby. A lot of non-cosplayers don't realize how insanely expensive this hobby can get, especially with the time consuming aspect included.
>>
Sure makeup is expensive if you only buy high end shit. You can do a full convention face for under 50 bucks if you shop the drug store...

What is this even complaining about? It's that some movement claiming cosplay is cheap?
>>
is this still a thing?
I saw it a few months ago and thought it was just a "hey you gotta respect and praise me cus muh cosplay cost". a personal favorite was some bro crossplayer that added his gym and supplement costs to it lIke he was asking for donations to keep his shit physique
>>
But cosplay actually can be pretty cheap depending on what you're doing and what resources you have access too. I've placed in the biggest costume contest in my region for significantly less than $100.
>>
This was bullshit from last year when many cosplayers started bitching about paying for photo shoots. They were the fucking idiots who feel for scammers or shit tier photographers who over promised and under delivered or not at all.
>>
>>8740656

I think it's because west coast photographers don't charge at all / nearly as much
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.