[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get another dumb questions thread going? Didn't see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 52

File: aatp not sure.jpg (184KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
aatp not sure.jpg
184KB, 720x1280px
Can we get another dumb questions thread going?
Didn't see one in the catalog.

Anyway, what dress is this? It's Alice and the Pirates, right??
>>
>>8737527
Its a jacket and its from Infanta. Its actually meh irl, those buttons dont line up right.
>>
>>8737527
Wait, I think it's a coat and it's Infanta?
Back up on this?
>>
>>8737536
>>8737549
Yep. Infanta:
http://world.taobao.com/item/10435274065.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-1087129948.16.S6Juex
>>
>>8737536
oh shit, that's good to know. Thanks!
>>
What is the right term for long sleeve sack dresses like the holy lantern OP and holy cross op? And what would term should i use on taobao (I figured I'd ask here)
>>
>>8737576
Seconding this
I'm getting my first sack dress in the mail this next week, and would like to get more
>>
>>8737527
>>8737536

OP picture is actually me, Yeah coat is Infanta.
I own two of them and personally dont have a problem with the buttons lining up?
>>
>>8737576
I think it's called a baby doll cut?
>>
>>8737611
well you looked lovely in it!
>>
>>8737618
Thank you!
>>
File: FGOFEIDHN82KLE4.MEDIUM.jpg (52KB, 620x517px) Image search: [Google]
FGOFEIDHN82KLE4.MEDIUM.jpg
52KB, 620x517px
How do I wear a wig without looking like the pic? Like how do I make it look natural and not like...This.
>>
>>8738580
Make sure your wig isn't shit. Make sure it's centred on your head, and that there's no hair tucked under the cap.
>>
>>8738599
Thank you!
>>
>>8737576
I've seen normie dresses cut like that tagged with trapeze, a-line and smock before.
>>
>>8738580
Get a decent quality lacefront for a more natural hairline.
>>
>>8738580
in addition to what other people said, make sure the bangs are styled. they can be swept to the sides like this, but taking a razor and/or styling products to it can help make it look a bit more natural. lace front wigs for more natural hairline and wigs with a good skin top will help too.
>>
File: 15-11-26-10-54-13-762_deco.jpg (569KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15-11-26-10-54-13-762_deco.jpg
569KB, 1080x1080px
I can't figure out the name of this BABY jsk. Please help!
>>
>>8738973
That could be any jsk. You're going to need to post a better pic of it
>>
File: CharlotteBaniranJSK-red.jpg (73KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CharlotteBaniranJSK-red.jpg
73KB, 480x640px
>>8738973
Is it this one?
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/charlotte-baniran-jsk
>>
>>8739115
Thank you anon!
>>
>>8738965
Should I be cutting the fringe on my wigs with a razor and not scissors? I feel like they come out very choppy with scissors and would like to know if there is a difference?
>>
...what "sage" means?
>>
>>8739747
Arda has a tutorial on how to use razor combs. This is the best way to trim wigs. Practice near the ends of the wig first to get the hang of it, but it's as easy as it looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922-JM8gOz0
>>
What are some good apps for organizing your closet? Yes, I googled this, but I want to get a free app that doesn't require me to make an account/connect to social media before I buy it.
>>
File: replicabags.jpg (102KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
replicabags.jpg
102KB, 1000x850px
I'm a cosplayer exploring lolita fashion. Since I haven't been researching the fashion that long, I can't tell a replica bag from a real one. I'm fine with shelling out for brand dresses but I'm trying to accessorize on the cheap, at least until I get a few solid coords together. I'm looking at bags on ebay and I thought these were really cute, but they must be replicas right? I saw the melty moon and star-shaped bag with star embellishments at the straps, I think they are Angelic Pretty ripoffs. Are these AP/BtSSB ripoffs too? Is buying a replica bag less frowned-upon than a replica dress, or should I avoid it entirely? Hard to find offbrand purses/bags that work with lolita, anyone know any good stores that don't require a shopping service?
>>
>>8739796
Maybe try the Room thread? You might get some more help/ideas there
>>8717081

>>8739789
check the FAQ newfag
>>
File: butwaittheresmore.jpg (127KB, 900x845px) Image search: [Google]
butwaittheresmore.jpg
127KB, 900x845px
>>8739806
>>
>>8739806
Replica bags and shoes are ok, but replica dresses and skirts aren't cool.
>>
>>8739825
I would never buy a replica dress or skirt and I'm avoiding buying a replica blouse as best I can too. But I'm glad to know that replica bags are less frowned upon. Shoes too, since I have wide duck feet that would never fit into delicate burando shoes.
>>
>>8739851
No one is going to give you shit for wearing a replica blouse.
>>
Does anyone reccomend a good a-line and bell petticoat? I used to hear classical puppets was good but I remember reading something that thier quality has gone down recently.
>>
I've been looking to get a lolita wedding dress for my wedding. I doubt I'll find one second hand. Do you guys recommend any seamstresses or a place to buy them?
>>
Would it be in poor taste to turn a bible into a purse? Or should I just try to find an old book and paint it to look like one?

I just want a black book shaped bag with a simple cross motif that is the same shape as the cross design on my dress.
>>
>>8739928
If you don't want to get attacked by devout christians, just use an old book, but if you don't live in one of those areas, I say go for it.
>>
Why is the shipping on my-lolita-dress so horrible?
>>
>>8739930
Will do!
I'll see if I can turn one into a bag on my own, I've never tried it before
>>
File: tumblr_ns2magtwW01qd1ozgo1_540.jpg (89KB, 535x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2magtwW01qd1ozgo1_540.jpg
89KB, 535x348px
What would you call that thing around the arm?

A bracelet? A cuff?
>>
Where can I find old school style bloomers that will peek out from my dress? The only pair long enough I can find are on taobao but I'd rather explore other options first because they're not that old school
>>
>>8739792
Awesome, thanks! I knew I was doing something wrong.
>>
Is "MyLolitaDress" a scam? Honest question.
>>
>>8739976
Elegy has a few choices of longer bloomers. I can't vouch for quality because I don't own them myself but they do look nice.
>>
>>8739970
I think it might be called a "gauntlet".
>>
File: Baphomet3.jpg (22KB, 223x222px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet3.jpg
22KB, 223x222px
>>8739928
Sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>8740015
I've had friends order from them, no issues
They seem to be a taobao type thing now
>>
>>8740044
What would you or they rate their quality?
>>
I missed a preorder of an item on taobao, I realize that each shop will be different, but do they generally have stock of the pre-order item in the store after the pre-order period is over? As in already paid the last payment for the item/started shipping, etc.

I have seen the 'post pre-order' price before, but I wasn't entirely sure that's what it was in referral to although that makes too much sense for it not to be. This is the stupid questions thread, there's your stupid question.

Thanks gulls.
>>
>>8740130
If you're talking about my-lolita-dress, they're just a Taobao reseller. The other one, I think it's mylolitadresses or something like that, that's a Milanoo front; avoid that one.
>>
>>8740154
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/
>>
>>8739863
Elpress L or Rose Melody. Classical Puppets also has a new dress that could work as a wedding dress but it's got a $2K price tag.
>>
>>8739928
I think it's an awesome idea.

>>8739933
International shipping always sucks.

>>8739970
A gauntlet.

>>8740015
It's not a scam, but some people have had problems with it. It's basically a taobao reseller.
>>
>>8740168
Thanks! I'm eying one of Elpress L's dresses right now.
>>
>>8739928

Poor taste anon.
>>
>>8740162
>go to site to make sure it's the one I used awhile back for some dumb reason
>picture from the ita thread on their front page
>it's the one with the bright red wig and shit all over the floor

Jesus I really regret using them.
>>
>>8739851
I didn't even know replica blouses were a thing. There's only so much you can do when it comes to the design of a blouse. After awhile there'll be a handful from all over that have similar designs.
>>
>>8739859
Malco Modes
>>
>>8740039
>>8740175
>>8740318
I'm getting some mixed answers here, so I'll just not do it
Now I just need a black bag before ILD
>>
Which SS (not including Chibi Tenshi and Tokyo Pirates) responds the fastest to Shopping Service requests?
>>
>>8740787
CT
>>
>>8740788
I would use CT, but I feel like she's backlogged with so many requests, which is why I asked about other shopping services.
>>
>>8739976
Look for auctions for meta bloomers with raschel lace. They used to put two or three pairs into oddment packs a while back, so you can still find them nwt on occasion.
>>
>>8739976
Also:
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/onlinestore/b39dw602/
>>
>>8740863
Ahhhh fuck. On mobile, so the rest got erased by a mis-swipe:

These are out of stock, but you could email to check store stock. There's also a version under AatP that comes in ivory and black.
>>
Do all the brands have a sale at the end of the year? Around the same time? Is there a specific day?
>>
How often do brands (AP specifically) restock their online shops? The OTKs I want have been sold out every time I've checked over the past month and. I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time looking.
>>
How do I wash an expensive brand JSK? I'm afraid of just throwing it in the washing machine. I mean, I never had any sort of expensive clothes before so I just want to be sure if there's any extra carefulness I should keep in mind.
>>
>>8740931
What's the dress made out of? Does it have a print? Is the print known to run? What does the clothing tab say?

Washing can range from gentle cycle with cold water to spot clean only so you're going to have to give us more information than "it's expensive"
>>
>>8740947
I actually have a scent of rapunzel I'm scared to bring back to the dry cleaners. Last time they 'lost' it then found it. Can it be home cleaned?
>>
>>8740947
It has a colorful print. The outer material is cotton, and the inner is polyester.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (23KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
23KB, 540x540px
>>8740931
>>8740981
From what I've read, taking certain prints to the dry cleaners is a bad move. The chemicals used in dry-cleaning frequently cause screenprinted fabrics to run or fade. I hand-wash all of my lolita clothes in a sink full of cold water with this stuff, Woolite. Then I let them drip-dry in a warm, shaded area outside and use an iron (on cotton) or steamer (on polyester/chiffon) to get the wrinkles out. Just make sure you spot-test the cold water in an inconspicuous area on the print, like the back of the dress. Some prints run if they get wet at all, and if that's the case, not much you can do to clean them.
>>
>>8740015
I've ordered several things from My Lolita Dress and never had a single problem. You just need to read the item descriptions thoroughly to make sure that what you're buying is 1. Not a replica and 2. Isn't made-to-order, if you need it in a hurry. All of my packages from them have come in less than two weeks (I live in the US if that helps) and have always been in great condition.
>>
>>8741012
>warm, shaded area outside
By this you mean outside your house? I live in a college residence so I don't think I really have an outside "warm, shaded area" I could use to hang my clothes.
>>
>>8741024
You could drip-dry it if you have a private bathroom. If you dry it inside, you need to have something to catch all the dripping, like a plastic tub, and also you'll want to take steps to reduce how much water is in the air to prevent mold. Buy something like DampRid or use a dehumidifier or else you risk mildew from the moisture in the air. Whatever you do, don't carelessly throw them in the dryer. You can use low heat on some dresses, but heat can warp boning or polyester trims and ribbons, so it's best to let those air-dry.
>>
File: il_570xN.114105643.jpg (28KB, 469x630px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.114105643.jpg
28KB, 469x630px
how does one make a bubble skirt like this stay in that puffy ball almost comically round shape? am i missing something? do I need a petticoat? or fill it with stuff?
>>
Alright, I know I'm super far behind on the bodyline changes because I haven't ordered from them in ages, but I'm looking for a cheap winter coat and maybe some shoes.
Will I get killed with all the new fees and such? How does the customs fee work?

I live in the US
>>
File: 8_zps3bbc370f.jpg (242KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
8_zps3bbc370f.jpg
242KB, 375x500px
>>8741012
Not this poster, but to add on to the prints that run, use some color catcher sheets (I recommend the Shout ones) in the water with the dress. They catch lose dyes in the water so it won't go back onto the clothes. If the piece is new to be washed, or a color that tends to run a lot (like red), you'll want to use multiple sheets in the water at the same time.
I was able to throw my red Magical Etoile OP into the washer without any of the red getting onto the white parts by using Shout Color Cather sheets. Used like 5 or 6 sheets to be safe, and they came out bright pink from catching all the red dyes in the water.
>>
>>8741312
Interfacing and stuffing.
>>
Do people casually wear circle lenses?

I got some for a cosplay a few months ago and I kind of want to get some normal looking ones in different colors just for everyday wear.

Would that be weird?
>>
>>8741579
Normies will do their usual shit of *gaaaasp* "ARE YOU WEARING COLORED CONTACTS FOR NO REASON? HOW ODD"

I used to work at an airport and they hired the most normal of normalfags and one guy wore colored contacts as they call them, and people would talk about it all hush hush like cause they thought it was super weird.

Most people you bump into will probably notice and be slightly surprised, and will most likely not say anything, but you will get some that lose their shit.

Don't let complete strangers stop you from doing something you want to do however. You'll probably get some people who think it's super neat as well. The guy at the airport was pretty normalfag and he was doing it.
>>
Semi-related to the contacts anon,

How should I handle glasses and lolita? Do I need to get contacts or are there specific frame styles that would look okay?
>>
What would be the wisest colour to base my wardrobe on starting out as a poorfag, out of medium-light pink, or navy? Open to suggestions too.
>>
>>8741605
Glasses that fit into the coord or don't stand out too much (think something along the lines of frameless or thin metal frames) are fine. If you have thick hipster glasses like I do, I'd recommend getting contacts if you can.
>>
>>8741656
Based on my experiences as a beginner who picked a blue shaded dress as my first, go with pink. I might just be having confirmation bias or something but it seems like all the things I want are sold out or unavailable in navy colorways while pink is super easy to find.

of course also consider what color looks best on you. Or just start with a dress that you love, regardless of color, and go from there
>>
File: navyandpink.jpg (629KB, 1344x1116px) Image search: [Google]
navyandpink.jpg
629KB, 1344x1116px
>>8741656
I wrote up a really long reply to this but 4chan ate it... sigh.

Basically, it's up to you. Think about which color you like better and which flatters you more. Pink is going to be easier to find, and I also feel like it is more versatile. However, navy can also be coordinated with many different colors. Pink tends to lean sweet, while navy tends to lean classic-- though of course there are many exceptions.

I think the wisest color would be the one you like more. Because then, you will actually enjoy your clothing, more than if you just chose the color you thought would be easy to buy for.

Keep in mind, you can also do both! I would look around and see if you can find a main piece, or a few, that inspire you, and work around that. Maybe you like a pink jsk, so you get the dress, a pink headbow, a white blouse, pink and white socks, white shoes and a white purse. Then you see a really cute navy skirt. You get the skirt, but you already have the shoes, blouse and purse, so all you would need is a pair of patterned tights, the skirt and a small hair accessory.
As long as you have a similar foundation color, you can collect pieces and branch out pretty easily.

F yeah lolita on blogspot explains this all so much better than i do, so just search for these article on google:

>important foundation pieces in lolita
>building complete lolita wardrobe

Basically, I'm just gonna tell you that you should go with the color that you love more, and focus on the foundational pieces first. I hope any of that helped! Also, here's a picture of some coordinates that may inspire you.
>>
File: glasses.png (241KB, 726x584px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.png
241KB, 726x584px
>>8741605
I think frames depend on what styles you mostly wear. I have bad astigmatism (contacts aren't cheap or convenient) and prefer larger lenses, so I went with a transparent set of pink frames and a tortoiseshell pair from Zenni. The transparent ones are nice for lolita and whatnot because they're cute and don't stick out too much, and the other ones work nicely with the rest of my wardrobe.
I also think frameless and rectangular metal framed glasses are hideous, though.

>>8741656
It depends on what styles/brands you're most interested in. You should look into the capsule wardrobe concept or fyeahlolita's guides to basic coord building if you haven't already.
>>
>>8741811
>>8741783

Thanks for your recommendations!
>>
>>8741808
>>8741809
>>8741811
Thank you for the advice!
I think I'll start with mainly pinks and whites, and maybe build out with pieces accented with those colours so it matches. Other colours I like, like pastel greens and blues go with white and pink too.
>>
>>8741605
I have astigmatism as well as fuchs distrophy which also causes chronic dry eye. Contacts aren't possible and if they were, I'd be spending way more than I do on glasses and putting drops in my eyes constantly.

If your default glasses don't match the coord, just take them off for photos. That is, if you are able to. I did that for awhile when I had some thick black and pink rectangular plastic frames.

Right now I have a pair of black and gold wire cats eye frames. Those are my daily-wear glasses. They go with most of my coordinates since I tend to wear sweet and classic. I have one pair of pink frames that I wear specifically with OTT sweet. I want to get a few more frames in different colors from Zenni in the future, but even on sale my lenses end up being pricey because of UV/glare coating and my weird astigmatism prescription.
>>
>>8741828
So are you looking to be a sweet lolita? Pink is a much more common color there than navy, anyway.

Also, just so you know, pastel green is called mint.
>>
>>8741841
How expensive do yours end up being? I'm >>8741811, and my glasses from Zenni ended up being less than 50 usd a piece, even with slightly better than default options for thinness and whatnot.
>>
>>8741811
I'm wearing those top frames right now! They're my favorite ones. They aren't super pink IRL and work with a lot.
>>
>>8741842
I think I'll do sweet lolita, yeah. I like simpler prints and stuff with ruffles and lace.

(I know it's technically mint, but "mint" colourways tend to be a little more blue than green from what I've looked at.)
>>
File: 1445707771660.jpg (43KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
1445707771660.jpg
43KB, 320x427px
>>8741919
Depends on the brand, but okay.

Godspeed, newfag.
>>
>>8741919
As a person who loves mint, it can range anything from straight up light blue to a more yellow-toned light green and anything/everything in between. I own 6 AP "mint" main pieces right now and none are the same color at all. I've owned other mint main pieces from various brands in the past, and they are all everywhere. This is the same case with Lavender, "Sax" and pink. Welcome to the frustrating game of "will the items for this coordinate match when they arrive?" It's a lolita pastime.
>>
What is prettyjapan?
>>
>>8741312
Two ways to do it. Make a lining that is "shorter" that you gather the bubble onto and stuff the space in between. This can be a pain because gravity will eventually compress the stuffing downward. Better option (and this works for giant puffy sleeves, too): get organdy or organza (I prefer organza, cheaper and stiffer). Baste two or three layers of this to the wrong side of your bubble's "outside". Then gather it on to your lining like normal. No stuffing required, and the organza doesn't shift around, so the puffiness stays even and in place.

Works best on skirts that have a LOT of gathered fabric for the bubble shape in general.
>>
>>8739851
I think non-print replicas in general are ok, especially if it's fairly generic like a heart-shaped bag or a three-strap shoe with a bow. As long as it doesn't have an original print or logo on it, you're good.
>>
>>8739816
sauce on brown backpack with the metal hearts?
>>
It is ita to wear a cutsew under a JSK ?
>>
>>8742854
Not at all!
Someone wore the holy cross cutsew underneath holy lantern and it looked amazing
>>
>>8742854
No? Just don't wear some super casual cutsew or turtle neck under an OTT hime dress.
>>
>>8742859
>>8742862
I'm starting with lolita after months of lurking here. Thank you !
>>
Is there such thing as a school/college substyle or uniform substyle of lolita? Newfag to the fashion, I keep falling in love with dresses that have that sort of theme to them...
>>
>>8742918
There isn't. Dress like that if you want to but it's just a theme, not everything has to be a substyle.
>>
>>8742918
I don't think it's a substyle on its own it probably falls under casual lolita
>>
>>8742928
>>8742929

Thank you! I see it as somewhere between casual or classic depending on some of the dresses, and there's some that even look a little nanchatte. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some term for it!
>>
Why is everyone so obsessed with styles/substyles? Why does everything have to fit into a particular little section?

It's just fucking Lolita. Not everything has to be "special dark-classic bittersweet nanchette guro demigirl" Lolita.
>>
All tutorials for covering your brows, they use a purple glue stick. I can't find purple gluesticks anywhere, so I think it's an American thing.
What is the difference between a normal (white) gluestick and the purple ones?
>>
>>8742963
Previous anon, and I didn't mean to come across that way. I was just asking I'm, like I said, a newfag to lolita. I was only looking for clarification, not to declare something as a substyle.

Personally, I agree with you. There doesn't need to be a million of them, and people sure as heck go overboard with it.
>>
>>8742974
You can use regular kid's gluesticks. Purple glue is easier because it dries clear, but if you don't have it in your country, it doesn't really matter,
>>
Is there any damn way to make cardigans work with waist ties?

Also, how do you tie them properly? I mean, I know how to tie a proper bow (I watched tutorials from brands), but how do you make sure it's not too tight or too loose before zipping the dress up? I have this problem with both the waist ties and the shirring ribbon
>>
File: 152-2025-0_color_0008.jpg (30KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
152-2025-0_color_0008.jpg
30KB, 600x750px
on tokyokawaiilife, when it has "tops" that look like the equivalent one-piece, how short is it? for instance this is under the category "tops" but what part is the top?
>>
>>8741486
>>8742195

Thanks! Will be giving the organza a go. Guess I won't attach to bodice and just do separates so it doesn't pull bodice down with weight.
>>
>>8741991
Look what I found with a google search! http://prettyjapan.tumblr.com/ Looks like a secondhand store. That wasn't hard.
>>
>>8743210
I tie them once they're zipped...
>>
>>8743210
If the waist ties are detachable, wear the dress, detach the waist ties, reattach them facing the front and tie the bow. Then detach them and reattach them to the back. If they're not detachable, practice tying them into a bow in front of a mirror; it's not easy but not impossible either.
>>
>>8743237
Look at the measurements to see how short it is. It is midthigh on the model, and so if may be a 'dress' for some but not for others.
>>
File: kuroneko_hdd2.jpg (118KB, 319x425px) Image search: [Google]
kuroneko_hdd2.jpg
118KB, 319x425px
I feel really stupid for asking this....but how do you wear the Antique Beast headdress? Is it over the ears or behind them? is it slanted forward on the head?I can't find any pictures on google that clearly show this, and when I try it on, it kind of looks funny either way.
>>
>>8743591
I wear mine behind my ears, slanted forward a little.
>>
Does gyaru have any online sales comms a la lacemarket or lj sales? Where would I go to find them? Mostly interested in rokku but I'm a student/poorfriend so I'd be really excited to pick up some secondhand brand pieces (Ghost of Harlem in particular) for general outfit spicyness.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 500x669px
Any gulls know where I can find these tights/stockings (whatever they're called)? I've been looking for it and figured it was such a simple design and it wouldn't be too hard to find, but I was wrong
>>
File: 20151201_012548.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151201_012548.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So here is my shirt, which i love so much, but it's showing it age, i want to get another one but i dont want the acryllic or vinyl thing whatever you call it. I want the design to actually be a part of the cloth that the shirt is made of, os there any site where i can comission this? Am i asking for too much?
>>
I bought a dress from Meta and tried it on, but my bust will not fit it. I'm thinking about selling it, but don't know how to classify it. Would it be under like new or new with tags? All I did was try it on and immediately took it off.
>>
>>8737527
Saved
>>
File: bruh.jpg (87KB, 714x615px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
87KB, 714x615px
>>8737527
Suggestions on where to get heels like pic related? I know demonia makes some similar but the heel isn't thick enough imo
>>
>>8744178
If it still has the tags and isn't damaged at all in the trying on, you can list it new with tags. Just mention in the description that you tried it on and it didn't fit. Or you can list it as new and say that the tags are attached, it's been tried on for a second and taken off. Either would work.

Just don't list shit as new with tag or new without tag with big fucking stains all over it. I've had that happen before.
>>
>>8744270
Thanks anon. It wasn't damaged at all and I was freshly showered with clean clothes when I tried it on. I wouldn't be stupid enough to try to sell it NWT and have nasty stains all over it. I ask because I've never sold a dress before and don't want to be one of those sellers that end up on the WTF sales thread.
>>
>>8743851
I think they might have been from this shop? I think she owns some of their other collections so it's not a stretch
The only ones they have in stock now have polkadots though so idk
>https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/hellocavities

>>8741472
this is actually really handy, thanks!
>>
File: ap_sweetievioletsk (5).jpg (245KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ap_sweetievioletsk (5).jpg
245KB, 600x400px
Can anyone help me think of some more prints that feature lavender as an accent colour in the print even when the colourway itself is not lavender? Planning out a wardrobe and while I look terrible in too much of it (ie solid colour main pieces), lavender is still by far my favourite colour for accessories/bags/accent pieces...

Off the top of my head/with some searching through Lolibrary I can think of:
>Milky Planet
>Sweetie Violet
>Dream Marine
>Dream Sky
>Marine Kingdom
>Guilty Meltin Sweets Town
>Galactic Journey to the Stars
>Midsummer Night's Dream(?)

Any others? Brand/Indie/Taobao all welcome, thanks!
>>
>>8742963
I think some of it is just people looking for keywords to find more inspiration or for more stuff to buy.
>>
>>8744244
Look for them secondhand on YJA and you can usually find some in good shape. Yosuke USA and Queen Bee both make a few pairs that are similar in shape, but different in their details. an*ten*na also makes similar shoes.

Alternatively, you could have an*tai*na whip up a replica of those Meta ones for you?
>>
Where can I find nice waist chains?
>>
>>8745065
I like the ones that Divinity Doll does: http://divinitydoll.tictail.com/

There's a code on their facebook page for a 15% discount as well.
>>
>>8737527
im new to /cgl/, why are people here called 'seagulls'?
>>
>>8745266
cgl -> see-gee-ell -> seagull
>>
>>8745270
oh, thank you!
>>
File: 1447371840424.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447371840424.png
362KB, 700x700px
What's a "comm"?

Also new to this board
>>
>>8746748
comm = short for community
>>
>>8746749
How can I find things like this? I haven't gotten into the scene yet, but I'd really love to. But as a [spoiler]bro[/spoiler]lita how much more difficult will things be for me?
>>
>>8746964
Giant doc/list of comms:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit#gid=1

And ... it depends. If your local comm has had issues with brolitas in the past, they'll be wary. But most of the time, if you're not a creep, people are perfectly welcoming.
>>
>>8746964
Just don't have an ugly beard and argue having an ugly beard is the whole point of your coord and you'll be fine.
Also don't use lolita to hit on women. Bonus points if you're gay.
>>
File: 1445534119199.jpg (276KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1445534119199.jpg
276KB, 2048x2048px
>>8746964
1. Spoilers don't work in this board.
2. Anime Lolita ≠ Lolita Fashion.
3. Please give a read through the fyeahlolita "what-is-lolita" masterpost. It will help you a lot.
4. Since you're male, you may have some difficulty finding items that are the right size for you. Get a measuring tape and learn to measure yourself. Most Japanese brand dresses have measurements of around 32-34 inches around the bust, 24-26 waist, but with a "free" hip measurement, because of the petticoats. However, many taobao brands offer custom blouses/dresses/shoes, so see the taobao or aliexpress threads for more info.
5. /cgl/ has brolita threads most of the time. There may be one in the catalogue right now. We also have help threads, and there are lots of places for information and feedback on the internet. I remember a few years ago a brolita who posted a lot here on /cgl/ for feedback, and he had a thick skin and willingness to improve, and by god he really looked pretty good in the end.
6. Shave. Apply makeup. Lolita isn't a fetish, try not to look like a sissy.
7. As long as you're not a creep, and you have the money to put together a decent coordinate (that fits you,) you shouldn't have problems. I wish you well on your journey.
>>
Can I use nail glue to glue eyelashes?
>>
>>8747024
If you want to blind yourself...
>>
Made a thread for the question, figure I'll ask here too: what is the technical name for the ring/rivet combo that holds the bell on collars? I want to make my own collars, but I can't find what this piece is called or where to buy it.
>>
>>8747075
try "O ring hoop stud"
>>
>>8747095
Thanks!
>>
>>8747101
np. maybe something like this?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32491367931.html?productId=32491367931&productSubject=10pcs-10mm-Mix-2-Colors-Round-Head-O-Ring-Button-Studs-Screw-back-Leather-bag-spot&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail
>>
>>8747106
Awesome, yeah. Also found a 30pc set for $13.
>>
>>8747075
You're better off asking fetishist. That is not really a lolita or cosplay item its more so a fetish thing that got adopted by edgy teens. Why the fuck does it matter anyway?
>>
>>8747122
desalinate, anon. a lot of cosplays have collars with bells, lolita isn't the only jfash, and LARPers are like furries but with leather and mail.
>>
>>8742859
>Someone wore the holy cross cutsew underneath holy lantern
where can I see a pic of this?
>>
>>8746966
Oh shit, there's a ton in Florida. Not in Melbourne but within driving distance at least.

>>8746968
Of course, I shave every day and I'm very good at being friendly with girls. I don't even know what I'd do with a gf, I don't seek one anymore.

>>8747017
1. Yep, upteenth board I fucked that up on.
2. I realize that, I already have a good amount of 3D pics but they're already posted in threads here.
3. On it, thanks.
4. I'm actually very thin, I'm sure I have manshoulders somehow but it ain't much. Main issue is that I'm tall, how hard will that make things? I plan to go for styles that complement my height, longer skirts and high waists and such. I wouldn't attempt this if I didn't think I could pull it off, but I know nothing.
5. Saw it, but this looked like a good place to ask too.
6. I absolutely agree.
7. Cool, thanks a ton. Incidentally, I prefer dresses with no prints, or simple patterns, such as plaid or dots. Are those types any less costly in general? I definitely have money to spare. Well, probably.

Pic related is an example of kinda the sort of thing I like, though I'm still having trouble finding something that really hits the mark. Longer skirt and that might.
>>
>>8747217
Non-print dresses are typically less sought-after than prints, barring a few designs, such as AP's Katerina OP. If you want longer skirts, I'd suggest Innocent World, Alice and the Pirates, and Juliette et Justine for some of their tea-length things. IW especially, since they make a few of their things in two lengths. Other brands known for nonprint are Victorian Maiden and Mary Magdalene, but they do tend to run smaller so I don't know how much luck you'll have with sizing.
>>
I saw this coat while browsing lolibrary, and I really want it: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/admiral-jacket

I managed to find it on a couple AatP shop blogs, but it's not on the web shop. Is this something that needs to be purchase in-store, or will it eventually be added to the web store?
>>
>>8744691
Sugar Pansy
>>
This is probably the dumbest question on here, but I'm super new to Lolita and just ordered my first dress. Is there any bell-shaped pettis you recommend which won't break my bank? Or do I need to shell out?
>>
>>8748069
Think of petticoats as the foundation of your wardrobe. Even if you have the most beautiful dress, your coords will be structurally unsound without a good petticoat, and they are thus not something you should skimp on.
I personally love my Classical Puppets mega poof bell petti (about $50), although it seems their quality has gone down a bit recently. People seem to like Melikestea's petticoats as well. If you search the archives and whatnot, you'll find a lot of discussion on various brands/styles. I would recommend against Bunny House, though, because the one I bought deflated rather quickly.
>>
>>8748069
Your best option for decent quality and good price is melikestea, just don't do tulle
>>
>>8748077
>>8748084
Thank you so so much! Do you think this one would be okay? http://www.melikestea.com/2015/04/PT07V.html
>>
>>8747217
Diff anon but if you run into the problem of something being too short because of your height, look into underskirts. There are more than a few fb-based shops like Glitter Tale or Bunny house who do custom-made ones. There are also Taobao shops but you'd need a shopping service or at least a good understanding of Taobao's forwarding service if it's available in your country.

You may have to be careful as sometimes underskirts work well while at other times it can make an outfit look ridiculous. Like an overly frilled rocket 'bout to take off.
>>
>>8747414
It came out in stores already, it may come onto the web store but idk.

>>8748069
If a petti breaks your bank you will struggle to get a wardrobe together.
>>
File: dress.png (166KB, 237x319px) Image search: [Google]
dress.png
166KB, 237x319px
Can anyone help me identify this dress? The seller is advertising it as Moitie, and I found it cute, but I can't find a thing on it for lolibrary and am getting the feeling it may not be Moitie at all.
>>
File: dressofsomesort.png (332KB, 816x402px) Image search: [Google]
dressofsomesort.png
332KB, 816x402px
>>8748099
>You may have to be careful as sometimes underskirts work well while at other times it can make an outfit look ridiculous.

What should I be wary of, exactly? I think that for the most part, I want to go low shin-length or so, just enough to not obscure my shoes. At least, that'll be what I want my first dress to be. I definitely dig elaborate frills too.

If it helps, I suppose my ideal kind of style would be the collar area of the first in this pic, the general style of the skirt and sleeves of the second, and the general shape of the last, though perhaps a little shorter. I'm not afraid of short skirts either, but the high waist is a must and I think it looks nice on longer ones.

I'm no connoiseur so forgive me if these examples are shit, it's just for a rough idea and I tend to prefer browns over plain black. All I used was Google and when I take a serious look, I'll seek brands that I see suggested here.
>>
>>8748620
Bruh there's a Moitie tag in the pic. The lolibrary archives on Moitie isn't complete, esp since I think it all got accidentally deleted a while bacl.
>>
>>8748692
Shin-length dresses are referred to as tea length. As for underskirts, you just have to make sure they don't droop down from under the dress like a separate entity; they should have the same shape and look like one dress.

The first dress in your pic looks like a Mary Magdalene dress but probably advertised by an offbrand company due to its background being shooped out. The second dress looks like And Romeo perhaps, which is a smaller Japanese brand with okay quality, not the best materials but they're made well and legit (also pretty roomy). Third dress would be more of an aristocrat style, as lolita dresses don't typically reach the ground, and also since it looks more Neo-Victorian. If you're interested in more gothic styles, I'd look into Atelier Pierrot, Atelier Boz (they also have men's items so you can mix and match. They have great jackets that go great with lolita), and Moi Meme Moitie. If you like the steampunk look, I'd also check out h.Naoto Steam. It's not necessarily lolita but you can make it work.
>>
What the fuck is beautiful halo and why do they want me to sponsor their store so bad ? It's their third message now and I feel like it's a scam.
>>
File: lavender.png (1MB, 949x599px) Image search: [Google]
lavender.png
1MB, 949x599px
>>8744691
here are some others.

Only issue will be if your lavender pieces matches that in the print
>>
>>8739970
It's a vambrace, not a gauntlet.
>>
>>8748084
Why is tulle frowned upon? Is it because it's scratchy and may ruin the dress/skirt? What about if you're layering a softer one over the top?
>>
File: superhappy.gif (530KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
superhappy.gif
530KB, 600x455px
>>8748775
Damn, looking it up you were spot-on with the And Romeo one, I'm also liking quite a few of their things. Also I definitely don't wanna go for a dress quite like that last one and realize lolita tends to be shorter, but it was the best reference for shape I could find, the high waist and all.

Also these recommendations are really spiffy, especially Atelier Pierrot. Thanks for this.

I can't believe I'm getting this much into this. I really hope I can make this work [spoiler]and not be caught by the senpai, besides maybe bro
>>
>>8748815
>forgetting spoilers don't work again
>trying to use "senpai" to say "immediate family"

Time to hit the hay for me, very late.
>>
>>8748816
Ef ay em word filters to "senpai" now
>>
>>8748813
Tulle deflates quickly. It is scratchy as well, but it doing something to the fabric is not so much of a problem as it just being generally itchy.
>>
>>8748832
Yeah I know, and thank goodness for that and the other filters. I dunno how I forgot about it there though.
>>
>>8748813
Scratchy tulle can ruin tights/stockings too. It also loses it's poof fairly fast.
>>
trying to find some really cute fairy kei-able bags, but the ones i have in mind are rare to come by... im interested in those fairly cheap waist bags that are made out of fuzzy material, nothing legit, like a sweet lolita purse or whatever. im lame as hell for asking this but if anyone has any suggestions, please throw them out there, even if its just for me to go f myself
>>
Does anyone know where I can get a book-shaped bag for under $100 shipped to the USA? I'd prefer to not use Taobao or Aliexpress but if I really need to, I will.
>>
>>8748790
>>8747533
ooh some of these are gorgeous, thank you anons!
>>
Say for example,if I wore a 38ddd bra, would my chest be 38' itself and be able to fit into brand?
>>
>>8750793
Fitting into brand depends on the dress' measurements, but if you're 38DDD, your actual bust measurement is like 45 inches/ 114 cm. Please make sure that you're measuring properly. Here is a good guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
>>
>>8750797
Thank you! What brands would fit though?
>>
>>8737527
My question is: Who is this girl and how do I meet her?
>>
>>8750799
Even pieces from a single brand don't have the same sizing. You will have to check the measurements of every piece you're interested in, and then you should ask other people who own that piece if it's true to size because even then the measurements provided by brands aren't always accurate. Lolibrary is generally a good source if a piece is no longer available on a brand website.
>>
I see people post all the time about making sure wigs have trimmed bangs. Because of this I've cut the bangs on most of my wigs. All my darker & gothic coords look fine but for whatever reason anytime I wear a sweet coord with bangs on my wig my face just looks super out of place.

Is there another way to style wigs that doesn't involve bangs and isn't wrong? Also does anyone know why this even happens, and why only with sweet?
>>
>>8751007
How did you cut them? Fringe or straight across?
>>
>>8751019
Pretty straight. I don't know much about hair stuff so I tried to stick to whatever was easiest.
>>
>>8751037
Okay. After the bangs, is there a section of hair that's shorter than the rest of the wig or is it all equal length after the bangs?
This section of hair usually frames your face and will give you a cuter, more playful look for sweet while if it doesn't frame your face then you will look more mature and elegant for gothic.

It may also have something to do with the make up you use for each style in combination with the wigs.
>>
>>8751049
Oh you're right. When I cut my two darker wigs I had some shorter hair on the sides of the bangs, but I didn't do that on the ones I used for sweet. I didn't even notice that.

I guess my face doesn't fit the more blunt transition as well. Thank you so much, I don't know how I cut them differently without consciously realizing it.
>>
So I lost one of my bows to my antaina shoes during a meet, where can I get just the bow to replace it?

It came off of pic related
>>
>>8751083
They make shoe clips in different styles and colours. You should be able to just go on taobao and order a new pair. If they were glued on, you should probably remove the other shoe's bow and replace both at the same time so they match.
>>
File: lost.gif (489KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
lost.gif
489KB, 500x282px
Where are brick-and-mortar stores in the US that sell lolita? I know there's a few in San Fransisco right?
>>
File: boe.png (360KB, 385x522px) Image search: [Google]
boe.png
360KB, 385x522px
What is the best way to tie apron straps so they don't look derpy?
Specifically the top ones, I've watched tutorials on lolita bows, but i never know what to do with the shoulder straps.
>>
>>8738580
what previous anons said, and maybe try getting your eyebrows to match the wig a little better.
>>
Is it terrible to wear a matching head bow to a dress print if it's not the same color? For example, I have Little Bear's Cafe in pink, but I'm searching for the headbow. The only one I can find is the brown color way. Would that look awful or is it fine?
>>
>>8749938
Thinkgeek actually had a pretty cool one a little while ago. I'm not sure if they still have it
>>
>>8752514
It might look a bit jarring but I think you can make it work if you coordinate it correctly. Just add more brown pieces to your coord to balance it out.
>>
>>8753535
>>8753535
Thanks. I saw there was a black one for sale too, but I know that would be difficult to even try. I figure with the brown in the print it would be manageable to get a decent attempt.
>>
How can you tell the sizing a blouse or skirt from just flat measurements? I seem to not be able to make the jump from flat to worn measurements on some items I'm eyeing
>>
>>8754081
If it's something like the bust, double the measurement.
>>
>>8754091
Thank you!
>>
>>8751902
one in NYC, maybe two in SF
>>
>>8754123

Thanks anon, do you know if they're one brand only or sell various brands?
>>
File: navy.jpg (73KB, 620x930px) Image search: [Google]
navy.jpg
73KB, 620x930px
I have been trying to find the actual name of this goddamned print for a week now. I'm 95% sure this is a Dream of Lolita dress, meaning it's probably a replica and I want to know what it's a replica OF but reverse image searches just bring up a thousand different ebay and taobao shops. What print is this stupid dress? Is it even a DoL dress? If it's a rep, where can I find the brand print?
>>
>>8754176
Different anon here, I've been to the one in NYC several times. (Tokyo Rebel x BTSSB ) They sell several brands and non lolita stuff too.
>>
>>8754176
AP USA is also Harajuku Hearts (they carry Putumayo, Enchantilly/Atelier Pierrot off the top of my head, and may have some leftover BPN still hanging around)
>>
>>8750799
Haenuli and lief in the larger sizes. Baby, AP, and especially IW aren't going to look good on that size chest. Even if they "fit" you'll have major boobloaf and poppin fresh rolls
>>
>>8754366
It's Putumayo. I think it was called Garden Cat? Cat Garden? You can probably find it fairly cheap second hand. Possibly cheaper than taobao, etc. knock offs are.
>>
>>8754434
OMFG thank you let me suck you off, pls. thank you. Thank you so much.
>>
>>8754176
I believe Angelic Pretty SF shares a building with Harajuku Hearts, which carries Chantilly, Atelier Pierrot, and Putumayo. HH has a website you can look at. The Baby the Stars Shine Bright stores in SF and NYC only sell items from BTSSB and their sub-brand, Alice and the Pirates.
>>
Have any of you tried home dry cleaning kits on your lolita items? How did it go?
>>
Anyone know where I can get a parasol, preferably brand (the umbrella fabric-y kind, not paper) by the 20th?
>>
How long does Closet Child's shipping usually take?
>>
>>8754746
http://www.amazon.com/RainStoppers-Womens-Parasol-Umbrella-48-Inch/dp/B00DFUUYDA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449559497&sr=8-2&keywords=ruffle+umbrella

Target also sells similar.
>>
Would it be a bad idea to wear doc martens with lolita as long as its gothic?
>>
>>8739928
do it
>>
>>8739928
It wouldn't even work because the cross would be horizontal & most bibles are small and plain looking anyway. Just use a book with a blank cover and paint on the cross.
>>
>>8737527
Dumb Question: Will you go out with me?
>>
File: トマトくん.jpg (187KB, 1283x677px) Image search: [Google]
トマトくん.jpg
187KB, 1283x677px
Hi /cgl/, sorry I'm new to your board and I didn't know where else to post this.

I want to have one of these two made. I don't know who to go to if I wanted it custom made or how I could possibly make my own. I'm committed to having this and am willing to go through all the necessary troubles or the expenses to acquire or create one no matter what.

I really don't know how to go about this so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>8754373
>>8754401
>>8754733

Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1445977381658.png (157KB, 454x408px) Image search: [Google]
1445977381658.png
157KB, 454x408px
>>8754924
>>8750816
Girl in OP pic related here.
No
>>
>>8754449
100% absolutely not necessary. I've been trying to find it myself on and off, actually.

I keep finding expired listings though.
>>
>>8744244
What size are you anon? there's a pair up on mbok that are size S in a similar style

http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_444954332.html?_SRC=li_i0
>>
>>8755079
Try the help thread or the artist alley thread. This is mostly for lolita-related questions
>>
>>8754924
>>8750816
nah man it's a dude.
>>
>>8755963
Thank you senpai.
>>
Alright I'm gulls, I'm doing a FtM cosplay - also cosplaying for the first time - and I need suggestions on how to carry my shit. I'm not high maintenance nor is my cosplay, but I need more space than the pockets of my pants.
>>
File: sakuradress3.jpg (261KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
sakuradress3.jpg
261KB, 1000x719px
Does anyone know where is this dress from? Looking up lolita dress + cardcaptor sakura only leads me to cosplay outfits..
>>
>>8756911
It's from a Taobao shop called PStereo. It looks like it's still in their shop but I'm not sure if it's only for people who preordered it.
>>
>>8756920
Thank you so much! I'll look it up, at least now I know what's the shop called like.
>>
>>8756248
This is gonna sound dumb, but I put all my shit in an old crown royal bag. It's big enough to hold wallet/cellphone/other small items and its small enough to not be a hassle.
>>
File: 3811010_lookbook-cosmic.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3811010_lookbook-cosmic.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
How do people style scrunchies if you only have one? Single wristcuff? I found pic related for hair, but it still looks unbalanced to me.
>>
>>8757075
I think a side ponytail would be really qt
>>
>>8754780
I have some and I would never do it. Way too normalfag
>>
Is there a special name for a group of lolitas, like "a murder of crows" or "a glaring of cats"?
>>
>>8757157
A ruffle of lolitas
>>
>>8757157
I remember someone once mentioned that her boyfriend refers to a group of lolitas as a "lucky pack", it still makes me laugh.
>>
>>8757173
>lucky pack
I'm using that, it's brilliant
>>
>>8757157
A gaggle of lolitas, a murder of goths.
>>
Does anyone know if Closet Child or any of the other secondhand stores will refuse to ship item if my shipping address doesn't match my Paypal/credit card address? I'm visiting family and friends overseas in less than a week but I still need to get someone presents.
>>
>>8757217
a flock of gulls
>>
Is turning a detachable bow into a head bow a no no?
>>
>>8757173
Top fucking kek
>>
>>8757931
credit card address doesnt matter but I'd add the new shipping address to paypal just in case anyway. its not a lot of effort or anything
>>
I have a crooked nose. It's visible from both the side and the front.

Is there a character that I could cosplay who has such a crooked nose? Preferably female, but I can consider doing male cosplays, too.

I suppose I just want to feel like I can 'fit in' as the character and do a good physical imitation. Thanks in advance.
>>
Apologies if this is an "inappropriate" question, but I'm not sure where to else to ask. Is there anywhere I can get a decent-quality "sexy" seifuku costume other than Ali and Taobao? (Sexy in quotation marks because I don't want anything outrageous, just exposed midriff and short skirt) Most sites that are either western or claim to be western don't have this particular style. Thanks!
>>
>>8739863
Just don't.
>>
>>8754750
where the fuck to moran

But normally 3-5 business days if its EMS, which is what I think it ships with
>>
>>8754780
I don't mind if it's casual but I think it looks better with sweet than gothic.

I wouldn't with classic though.
>>
>>8756248
Just bring a bag and put it down for photos
>>
>>8758055
Bodyline you degenerate. You can get one for around $10 shipped
>>
>>8743870
Getting something custom woven is going to be prohibitively expensive, anon. Unless you know someone good at knitting, and don't mind a sweater version of this.
>>
>>8757157
A frill of lolitas.
>>
>>8757994
Not really, it's pretty common. Just make sure it actually looks good because some detachable bows (like Bodyline's) are too flat and helicopter-y to work as headbows.
>>
I know I've read someone explain it before, but how can you "convert" an A-line petticoat into a bell? Or would it be easier to layer a bell-shaped one over the A-line?

Also, is it possible to take in the waistline of a petticoat without ruining the poof distribution?
>>
Am I going crazy or does Taobao deliver to the US now?
>>
>>8759207
I think there used to be a tut for malco modes but it was basically that you pin up the first layer to give it more poof at the waist. There was also something with moving where the waist band is as well, likely specific to malco modes though. I dont think it works with all petticoats as it depends on how it is made.
>>
>>8759210
Taobao has a built-in forwarding service that allows for shipping to the US

>>8759219
Thanks, I'm sure there might be a way to do that for other petticoats if there are enough layers
>>
File: eAGtSlU[1].jpg (835KB, 3111x1629px) Image search: [Google]
eAGtSlU[1].jpg
835KB, 3111x1629px
If a guy cosplays a shirtless character, should he shave his pits?
>all these DYELs cosplaying Free!
>>
What would this kind of bag be called? Like, a bag for flasks? I tried searching that and came up with nothing.

>>8759387
IMO they shouldn't be crazy overgrown, but if you have armpit hair it doesnt bother me. It's just hair, man. As long as you dont have cheap ass deodorant all caked on.
>>
File: Sera_hand_hip.jpg (187KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
Sera_hand_hip.jpg
187KB, 492x492px
>>8759438
gdi I forgot my picture
>>
>>8759228
I'm looking at the main site, and everything is in Chinese and I don't see any info on the forwarding service. Is there a guide yet showing how to use the service? Or are people still using SS's?
>>
>>8759387
Well, I'd normally say no, but swimmers do have to shave all their body hair for aerodynamic reasons so for a Free! cosplay I'd say it wold make it more accurate
>>
>>8759438
>>8759440
Pretty sure they're just called a belt pouch or a holster bag.

Are you looking to buy one like that? Or make one?
>>
>>8758002
You can't add an address in another country, though. That or I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>8759568
You definitely can't. I had to make a new one when I moved to another country a few years back. It was annoying as hell.
>>
>>8759456
Buy one preferably.
>>
File: tumblr_nt2ov4IW4H1t7qurio1_500.jpg (190KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt2ov4IW4H1t7qurio1_500.jpg
190KB, 500x720px
What are peoples' opinions on printed tights paired with busy prints, especially on plus size legs?

I used to hate them but their popularity is starting to wane on my previous opinion.
>>
>>8760040
It looks fine in the coord in pic related because the design on the socks isn't too busy. Super busy prints like Classic Fairy Tales worn with the matching printed socks are an eyesore, though. It depends on the print and the design on the socks, is what I'm trying to say.
As for plus size legs, if the socks fit you properly it shouldn't be a problem imo.
>>
what is best a brand dress made in china or a dress made from your japanese boyfriend
>>
>>8760387
>a dress made from your japanese boyfriend
that's illegal anon
>>
Is it true that holy lantern rerelease is longer than it use to be? I'm 5'0 and it's one of my dreamies.
>>
>>8760398
why illegal explanation pleasee
>>
>>8760460
Anon was being clever, and assuming you meant that the dress was made from the skin of your presumably dead boyfriend.
>>
>>8760465
hahaha oops this channers enough internet for today
>>
>>8760465
my engrish is very bad im make the dresses im no zombie xd
>>
>>8760519
Don't worry about it. Prepositions are particularly difficult in English, its a pretty common mistake. You could either say, "a dress made by your japanese boyfriend" or "a dress from your japanese boyfriend."

As to your actual question, were you asking which people like better, lolita brand or indie/Chinese? That's the case, I think there isn't a straightforward answer. Some people will always like brand, some people want to get the look of the fashion without paying so much. Quality varies a lot between Japanese brands and indie brands, so was there some specific store you were looking at?
>>
>>8760563
great thanks friend
>>
>>8742963
Because God forbid people have tastes.
>>
File: C13 (1).jpg (34KB, 365x604px) Image search: [Google]
C13 (1).jpg
34KB, 365x604px
Me and a few friends want to do a Sailor moon group cosplay,and since I'm the shortest one by far (4'11) and Sailor Moon is that height, I was going to be her. But one of my friends really wants to be her, so I was thinking next best for me would be Chibiusa.

For my question: I'm short, but I'm very busty. VERY. Since you gulls are the most picky and have higher standards; would people give me a lot of shit and judge me for cosplaying Chibiusa with a big rack?

A binder isn't an option because they don't work for me. I'm not a landwhale either, just big, pain in the ass boobs.
>>
>>8761900
People may think you're fetishizing a young girl (although I know the other characters are also minors) and personally, I think it's weird and inappropriate. But if you're willing to deal with peoples' reactions then it's your call.
>>
Where can I get a good bell petticoat that won't deflate in a month?
>>
File: -3-.jpg (217KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
-3-.jpg
217KB, 500x281px
(excuse my english) I'm going to cosplay Miyauchi Renge, And I have everything except her yellow ribbons.
Twintail wigs mostly have each tail attacchable, so im not sure how to make ribbons look good. I cant knit them around like she have in the anime since its a twintail wig and the things attacking would probably be in the way.
Should i make custom usagimimi-band or something?
>>
>>8761900
Cosplay whatever the hell you want. As long as its well made, or decent, you've done nothing wrong.
>>
>>8761900
>>8761913
What the fuck? I think it's fine and nothing is wrong with it. You can't help having big boobs. Nobody will really mind or care.
>>
>>8762045
Some people will mind, and pretending they won't is naive and a disservice to anon. I don't care either, but all >>8761913 is saying is op should be prepared.
>>
>>8762061
Yeah, that's valid. There's nothing inherently wrong about it but people can be assholes and totally take things the wrong way or worse. Like you KNOW some neckbeard is going to say "this is my fetish".
>>
>>8761930
melikestea and Malco Modes are the two current pettimakers of choice, Classical Puppets is questionable
>>
I want to reserve pic related from Ista Mori but I can't find it anywhere on their Taobao even though the reservation ends four days from now according to Clobba. Am I going to have to go through Clobba? I've always been satisfied with their customer service but I dislike the markup.
>>
>>8762299
Here's a link anon: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w8142976-11047852895.1.z7tKv6&id=524964351074

But anyway, you'll have to use a SS on this, because when I tried using a foreign card to check out, it wouldn't let me.
>>
>>8762359
Many thanks! Seems like I was looking at the wrong store entirely before, I just clicked on the first result when I Googled "Ista Mori Taobao"...
>>
>>8761900

Go for it. Your rack will be pressed down anyways because of the way Sailor Scout suits are made anyways, so you can always just double up and wear a sports bra underneath for extra compression.
>>
File: jack.png (543KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
543KB, 500x696px
How can I get this affect on a hoodie?What kind of paint?This would be my first cosplay so im trying a easy one
>>
>>8762379
It looks like a lot of thin, scratchy lines. So I'd say use a brush that has pretty roughed-up bristles (just buy a cheap kids' brush if you don't want to ruin your own), dab it lightly into fabric paint so each bristle has a bit of paint on the tip, but there's not so much paint on the brush that the bristles stick together, and then run the brush lightly over the fabric so you get a rough, thin series of lines. Sort of like how dry-brush watercolor looks.
>>
Can I buy directly from APs online store or do I need an SS?
>>
>>8762379
http://gekroent.deviantart.com/art/Jack-Frost-s-hoodie-TUTORIAL-348489070 this tutorial looks pretty legit
>>
>>8762865
USA yes, japan one you need an SS
>>
>>8762865
You use Tenso for japan AP, it's really easy to use and there's a million guides out there.
>>
File: gramar.png (14KB, 468x655px) Image search: [Google]
gramar.png
14KB, 468x655px
Would cosplaying a Grammar Nazi be too edgy ?
>>
>>8763546
Yes. Maybe if you went to a Halloween party with good friends who have a decent sense of humor, but not at an anime convention or some shit. That's more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>8763546
Do Grammar Police instead.
>>
why the split between Baby and Alice and the Pirates?

I've never understood why they have two different labels on the same brand. Is it just because of the different styles?
>>
>>8763960
Yes. A lot of brands, not just lolita ones, have this. On the lolita/Jfashion side, at least Meta, VM, Emikyuu, JM, and H.Naoto, do this.
>>
>>8763960
Because they're different styles, yes. A lot of Japanese brands do "sub-brand" splits by style. The main distinction is that these sub-brands are headed up by a different design team, which results in significantly different looks.

A few examples for you:

>Victorian Maiden and Beth
Beth was more youthful and quirky, with weird prints and more casual styling. Their flamingo print is one of the most infamous examples.

>Peace Now and BPN
Peace Now was sort of generic goth with some punk elements thrown in. BPN was more structured and leaned towards aristo and lolita styling.

>h.naoto and various sub-brands
Each sub-brand is headed up by a different designer. For example, Gashicon was a graphic designer hired to come up with a mascot line, which resulted in Hangry & Angry. Sixh was a gothic "host" line headed up by a shop worker, and tied to a visual kei band. GRAMM has an illustrator and a fashion designer paired together, whose names escape me.
>>
>>8763970
continued...

>Metamorphose and Crown Label
This one is a bit odd because the styling isn't considerably different for the most part, but often the quality is. Crown Label items more frequently seem to be unlined, and focus on print details rather than tailored details. They're also more obviously sweet, while Meta tends to lean classic/gothic.

>Emily Temple Cute and Shirley Temple
This one's main distinction is size. Shirley Temple is geared towards kids and younger/smaller adults for the most part, but has a very similar aesthetic to ETC overall.

>Jane Marple and Dans le salon
The Dans le salon line uses the same fabrics and motifs as JM, but is styled more casually for daily wear. There are a lot more items that are geared towards casual or work-wear than streetwear and gussied up outfits.
>>
>>8763970
>>8763974
holy shit.
Very informative, thank you!
>>
So I sent in an order for IW the other day, and in the order form I asked if they can combine with my previous order (since I made one order before the sale started). They emailed me back saying they will combine them and invoice me when they're ready to ship. I just checked the page and the one I ordered is now listed as sold out. I haven't actually been invoiced yet, but I definitely secured the dress, right?
>>
>>8765021
that happened to me before, unfortunately they emailed me back and said the item was sold out and if i still wanted to process my order. you still have a chance though. hopefully you get it!
>>
>>8765056
aw man hopefully that's not the case. I'm going to be so bummed if I ended up missing this just because I wanted to combine them. There's another dress I wanted to get, so I mean I could always just get that one instead. Still a little disappointing though.
>>
Guys, how am I supposed to wear a beret? Some people wear it high on their heads with like the front standing up, some wear it flat. Opinions and some examples?
>>
>>8765400
I find it depends on the size and design.

If it's a larger beret, I prefer that it sit closer to the front of my head and be paired with a large bow or clip to keep it in place. If it's smaller, I let it sit a bit further back. I don't like the "standing up" look, where the whole thing is "puffed" straight.

If it's printed or has a really decorative "top", I prefer to let it hang down the back. If it's plainer on top, or symmetrically designed, letting it tilt sideways at a jaunty angle is really cute. Styling your hair with a low side pony or braid is cute with that style, too.
>>
File: Bulma.png (501KB, 800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bulma.png
501KB, 800x1500px
I'm trying to find a front laced wig for this Bulma cosplay. But finding one in even remotely that colour is giving me trouble.

I was wondering if you guys knew any place I could get one or had any ideas? I'd super appreciate any help and advice I can get
>>
>>8765415
Wig is Fashion does custom coloured lace fronts. See if they offer a similar shade of blue-green, maybe?
>>
>>8765412
So there's not really a right way to do it? I was a bit affraid of wearing it wrong haha.
>>
File: staypuft-man6.png (324KB, 580x744px) Image search: [Google]
staypuft-man6.png
324KB, 580x744px
>>8765428
You can wear it so the sides "stand up", but that looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to me.
>>
File: Безымянный.png (257KB, 470x433px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
257KB, 470x433px
I hope this is the right place for my strange question. Can someone help me with a character identification?
Who is on the releated pic? For better undestanding she's on 25:44 there - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nC-6p1oTg
Looks like a girl from a videogame.
Or it's the original character?
Help me, please.
>>
Is anyone familiar with melikestea? I want to order one of her petticoats, but her website currently says that she's not taking commissions. Are petticoats commissions or does she just mean dresses?
>>
What is the best/easiest way to do Geno's arms, torso, and neck? I can't come up with anything practical or something that won't absolutely break the bank
>>
>>8765021
>>8765056
Update: I just got the invoice! Thank god.
>>
Where can I find some knee high lace up black boots that don't have any sweet bows like i see girls wearing with their oldschool? I don't like platform, just a little heel and rounded toes.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.