[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 36

File: tumblr_ll2pjcMDyK1qjd8bdo1_400.jpg (232KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll2pjcMDyK1qjd8bdo1_400.jpg
232KB, 400x533px
Old Thread >>8731713

Comm Thread >>8716442
Closet of Frills Thread >>8725775
Coord Help >>8689365
Casual Lolita >>8727690
Dream Dress Thread >>8729715
Handmade Thread >>8705820
International Lolita Day >>8734946
Old-School Lolita >>8688812
Price Check Thread >>8683617
Worn Thread >>8690934
Brolita Thread >>8713032
Boystyle Thread >>8697142

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

Lolita designers and models are frequently guests at cons and lolita events. Do you have any stories to share about when you met one, or if there’s anything you would like to say to them?
>>
>>8736452
>Do you have any stories to share about when you met one, or if there’s anything you would like to say to them?
Stood in an elevator with Maki during Anime Matsuri while wearing Marine Kingdom. When she got off she turned around and looked at me and smiled while saying "wow! so beautiful!"

...should've been wearing Melty Mermaid because I was a puddle, I was so giddy
>>
What shopping service do you guys use for mbok?
like what would be the cheapest?
>>
>>8736466
used FromJapan last time, I was really happy with the prices
>>
>>8736452
>Lolita designers and models are frequently guests at cons and lolita events. Do you have any stories to share about when you met one,
played a lolita version of CAH with Nunu (Haenuli) at RuffleCon. she's a riot.

got kabedon'd by Triple Fortune at the same con. the pic is too lewd to share.
>>
Are maki and asuka going to be at the AP US party?
>>
>>8736452
Got to walk for AP in a show once. Midori offered to help Maki primp me, and then smiled at me and said "cute." Not sure if just polite or genuine but it made me so happy/flustered.
>>
>>8736466
>>8736487
Seconding FromJapan. Just make sure to bid while there's a decent amount of time left to give them enough leeway to get it in because their mbok bidding isn't automatic. I've had them place my bids in as little as 2 hours though.
>>
File: tumblr_ms20vpk95w1qhy6c9o1_500.gif (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms20vpk95w1qhy6c9o1_500.gif
95KB, 500x500px
Shoutout to all the lolitas who send cute notes and extras when you buy stuff. It always makes my day!
>>
>>8736584
Don't you mean when they sell stuff, anon?
But yes, cute notes are the best!
>>
There was a dress on LM I wanted to bid on but didn't because the seller wasn't very responsive when I asked for worn pictures and height(was that too personal?).
Someone else bought it. Would it be rude to ask the buyer the same questions? I'm not trying to make her sell it to me, I just really want that information for next time it pops up.
>>
>>8736664

It would probably be good to know the reason behind needing to see it?

Why not post the dress in the worn thread and hope for the best that way? I probably also wouldn't have wanted to share (I usually only sell a dress if it fits me funny - might cause a loss of sale ahaha)
>>
>>8736527
No
>>
>>8736488
B-but we want to see!
>>
>>8736664

Both times are weird and illogical imo.

But then I don't understand why people want worn photos from sellers anyway. The chances of yourself and a totally random stranger on the internet having the same body type is so slim. You might as well track down the stock photos, even if it's just sitting on a mannequin it's about as useful to you as the photo of a dress on someone else with a different body type. This goes double for buyers who ask for worn photos when it clearly says in the description that the dress doesn't fit the seller.

Sorry, I'm not ranting at you, just explaining that it's a trend I completely do not comprehend, and maybe your seller ignored you because of that, and that the buyer might ignore you for the same reason as well.
>>
>>8736664
It is very weird for you to go after the buyer about worn pics. If you need to see how it looks check the stock photos.
>>
>>8736748
Seconding this. Also if it's a common dress a Google search should be sufficient to find others wearing it.
>>
>>8736673
>>8736737
>>8736748

It's more of a last resort thing. I already have the measurements, stock photos and was able to find one worn photo(I also asked in the worn thread but no help). Things just doesn't add up. I'm pretty tall and the length says 95cm, so it should fit fine. However the one worn photo I have found is a asian girl and the length on her is what I thought it would be on me. So it's really just to get a better idea of the length. I already did all the research I could do without asking.
Sorry if there is a bunch of typos, I'm on my phone
>>
>>8736664
I don't understand why can't you just google the worn pics
>>
How do you buy your reservation from Meta? They sent a link, but it doesn't take me to my reservation. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
Has anyone had experience with a sold out WunderWelt item suddenly having a checkout button again?

I was making an order and wanted to snag something good, then had to run and do something real fast and when I came back the good item was sold out. I took everything out of my cart and went to pout, but then a few minutes later I clicked the item and it was back in stock?

I hurried up and bought it but am wondering why that happened, since I've never seen that before. I've heard of them doing oversells on accident, but I'm wondering if someone had cancelled their order on a later screen, changed their mind and emailed them, or if it was just marked sold out because it was in my cart so long.
>>
>>8736837
Is it possible that someone else bought my reservation?
>>
>>8734659
AYRT and I basically feel exactly the same about gothic now, everything you said. I stick to classic brands in dark colors and, call it 'dark classic' if you want, it's a lot closer to what gothic looks like than what AATP puts out anymore. Sadly, basically the only gothic brands left are much more difficult to get whether brand or indie (like Sheglit, Boz, and taobao brands).

>>8736884
Maybe the order got cancelled for some reason? Not sure if their cart counts as something being sold but I would doubt it.
>>
>>8736903
I call it gothic rather than 'dark classic' because of how I coordinate it, and because the likes of what AatP are doing now isn't true gothic anymore.
>>
>>8736903
I'm hoping that maybe when they put their payment in it was declined and kicked the item back out of their cart. I'm just hoping I'm not an unlucky one on this, because this is something I had been lusting after for about a year now!
>>
>>8736912
Yeah, that's exactly my point. A lot of anons will come into coord discussion threads nowadays and say that coords that in the past would have been considered gothic aren't (and clearly in many wearer's opinions are), they're 'dark classic', because I guess they're not covered in crosses and skulls and bats. I think it's a hard case of newbies coming in and echoing each other's bad advice but it's kind of helping kill the community perception of gothic, as if gothic wasn't already on the decline.
>>
>>8736487
>>8736555
I've been having like serious issues with fromjapan. I selected the option to be notified of any issues with an order, then they didn't notify me when there was only one of an item in stock when I needed two. When I confronted them about it they argued with me for 12 emails about how I must be stupid and not know how to read and/or lying about what I selected (obviously not those exact words but what they implied) so they weren't willing to even waive their commission fee for me having to replace that item elsewhere. And on top of that I placed an order during their discount period and they're trying to say that I don't qualify because the order wasn't placed during the correct period? Which isn't true because I placed it on the 25th I'm not sure why they are so like... Crazy?
>>
>>8736884
Yes. Only I bought the item after someone else apparently, because they cancelled my order, told me there was an error in their cart system and apologized for the inconvenience.

I got a refund just fine, but I was still mad as hell because it was an item I had been searching for.
>>
>>8737065
Damn, that sucks. I'm hoping they got that fixed then and it isn't the case with me. I know sometimes they sell stuff on their Rakuten as the same time as in the store, and people have been screwed over that way.
>>
It's Thanksgiving in the United States today. Anyone going to wear lolita to Thanksgiving dinner? Make sure the cranberry sauce is never near your dress.
>>
>>8737105
I thought about it, but my parents and I are having dinner with my fiancé's entire family and I would just feel really awkward if I was all dressed up and they were all in casual clothes. Plus what you said: Fear of staining my brand.
>>
>>8737060
Either something big is being lost in translation or they're jerks. Maybe try Japonica Market next time? They're always super helpful about stuff like that.
>>
>>8737105
Nah, it's a feast holiday which means I'd rather wear something with room to breathe after i stuff my face with more food than i eat in a whole week
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-16-42-13-1.png (512KB, 1080x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-16-42-13-1.png
512KB, 1080x1002px
Found this delicious gem on my fb news feed the other day. Happy thanksgiving you salty gulls. Stay classy!
>>
>>8737105
I wore a skirt as a reminder not to overeat.
>>
Ugh I ordered a petti from melikestea, I should have known those prices were too good to be true

>costs more in shipping to the US than product

Wtf, is it just that expensive to post in Brazil? I have shipped priority to New Zealand for the same price
>>
File: 15-11-26-10-54-13-762_deco.jpg (569KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15-11-26-10-54-13-762_deco.jpg
569KB, 1080x1080px
Can someone help me identify which dress this is? I know it's an older BABY jsk.
>>
>>8736837
You could tell them that the link isn't working for you
>>
>>8737145
Yea I definitely won't be using them again. I will try Japonica next time, thanks!
>>
>>8737060
They screwed me out of $120, strung me along untill it was too late to claim on pp then their attitude really changed to just plain rude. Never using them again, even if they are cheap.
>>
>>8737060
They also got weird with me recently. They told me my order would be cancelled because the shop was only open during their sales period and as soon as I asked for a refund they ordered everything. I got very angry with them and threatened to use another SS in the future. They gave me a full refund in the end
>>
>>8737230
Something about the fact that you need to check a box to be notified of problems sounds just plain not okay to me. It's their job to notify you of these things. It's kind of late now but definitely try Japonica, they really seem a lot nicer about answering questions and such.
>>
>>8737244
Yea I thought that was weird, too. On top of that they won't even check your items when they arrive to make sure you were sent the right thing unless you pay extra for it.

They seem more interested in nickle and dime-ing you than providing decent, comprehensive service
>>
When using tenso on AP, can I use my debit card using the credit card option? I know you can in some places but I want to make sure since I don't have a credit card at all and don't want to go face a bloodbath not being prepared.
>>
>>8737308
If it has a visa logo yes
>>
>>8736933
It's a shame. It's like Aristocrat in general not being as popular as it used to be, which I wear both the femme and male versions of. I hate the stuff at AatP is putting out of that, as like with gothic lolita, the male aristo stuff is jst so cutesy. I mean, what the heck is going on with the weird curtain fringe trims on everything, and the crazy hats with rabbit ears? Give me the stuff that makes me feel like I've stepped out of The Vampire Chronicles again. Speaking of which, I would lve to see Innocent World put out a series based on the books/ IwtV movie, which is apparently one of Yumi Fujiwara's favourite films.

I know what you mean about the newbies. It's frustrating, but I think that we just need to ride it out, and show the brands that the older, more mature gothic look still has followers. I'm just glad that Boz are sticking to their aesthetic, and continuing to do well at it.
>>
>>8737105
I did, just a simple toned down black x wine outfit with a roomy skirt that's easily washable, just in case. I eat with my roommate's family since I work retail and can never go home for Thanksgiving and they all always see me in lolita anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-26-17-09-59.png (670KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-26-17-09-59.png
670KB, 1080x1920px
Does anyone have caps of this?-I completely missed it.
>>
>>8737105
I just got a new dress in the mail the other day from taobao and was thinking about wearing it but I'm glad I didn't. I wore a nice blouse with sweatpants, lol. Good thing I did because I was having a food baby - twins probably. Would've been a pain in the butt trying to get out of the dress.
>>
File: tumblr_nnww2nC0DG1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg (116KB, 540x809px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnww2nC0DG1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg
116KB, 540x809px
>>8736933
Maybe there's two groups. But I've only ever heard complaints that these "dark classic" outfits aren't gothic beacuse of the materials and cuts. *Despite* and abundance of crosses or skulls.
>>
>>8737323
I did not know that! Thanks anon!
>>
Anyone ordered from Elpress L before? How long did it take? Was the quality of the item what you expected?
>>
>>8737447
I think I waited almost 2 months for a black bonnet from them. I stupidly ordered right before CNY so their shop was on break for nearly the rest of February and my order didn't start until march, and from then on there was a 1 month wait time. From ordering it in Feburary I didn't see it until April.

While I was very pretty, I also wasn't too enthused about it. I dunno, I just felt like it wasn't worth the wait, I felt the stiff material was a bit odd (it seemed like a bendy plastic material? I dunno, I just didn't like it, that was my first bonnet so idk if other bonnets are made from that too), and also the general shape/size looked weird on my face - more of a personal thing than anything else but their bonnets, once tied, seemed more ovular to me than circular, so it just looked strange on me.

Material wise, like, visually, it was very pretty though. I really wished that it could've worked for me. I dunno what you're buying but if it's a bonnet like me I would get it just to see if you like it. If you don't, lots of people love these bonnets and you definitely won't have a hard time selling them at all.

Their dresses look really nice though, I've been meaning to order something from them but all their stuff is white and it just wouldn't go with my wardrobe.
>>
File: michelin_man.jpg (14KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
michelin_man.jpg
14KB, 307x409px
Anyone know where to get blouses/cutsews with "Michelin Man"-type sleeves? I don't know how to describe them beyond that. Moitie has had them in the past, but I can't find any on auctions/in their current stock
>>
>>8737457
Atelier Pierrot. I think Bodyline has one too
>>
>>8737457
Meta makes them, dunno if there are any in stock at the moment though
>>
File: meta-blouse-michelan.jpg (49KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
meta-blouse-michelan.jpg
49KB, 360x420px
>>8737457
This one is up on the Meta site right now, although I dunno if you want bell sleeves or a more fitted wrist. Black, white, ivory & wine.
>>
>>8737351
Fuck I missed it too
>>
>>8737456
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm looking to buy the Capulet Garden JSK and the Winter Birch OP or My Dream Wedding in Your World OP. Both OPs are quite detailed so the order's probably going to take ages, but I don't really mind as long as the quality and the price match up well.
>>
>>8736896
>>8736837
>>8737209
There was a glitch, but they fixed it and I got my reservation paid for.
>>
>>8737105
I hosted and did a ton of cooking, so no.
>>
>>8737105
Grandma loves woodland creatures so I'm currently wearing Little Squirrel. Day was stain free but I'm really ready for pajamas
>>
>>8736777

If you can find someone who posted that they have the dress on someplace semi-public-ish (like instagram, tumblr), you have better chances asking those girls for help rather than using someone's sales as a Q+A (which is what it comes across as right now).

Additionally, 95cm is the common length for many jsks. You can probably compare many of the other jsks out there of a similar size, rather than insisting on this specific one. What doesn't add up is why you think a 95cm jsk would fit you fine when 95cm is the length of the average jsk, made for Japanese girls. Their average height is 158cm, so if you're a lot taller than that, definitely expect the dress to be shorter. Remember that the petticoat will raise the skirt as well. Good luck on your search, anon.
>>
>>8737457

If you don't mind second hand, old school blouses tend to have them, you can search secondhand sites for them.
>>
>>8736884
Good news! (for anyone who would even give a shit)

I ended up getting my items on WunderWelt, just paid the shipping. Someone probably bought it and had their card declined, which pulled it back out and didn't count it as sold. I don't know why it sold out but then re-appeared ten minutes later, but there wasn't a glitch for me and I got it in the end. So, if something is pulled from your cart on WW, it might be well worth it to just keep checking the item for a few minutes and see if it reappears. Maybe they had more than one, idk.
>>
>>8737447
I actually searched Rufflechat recently to see if anyone had talked about this and I swear I saw someone say their dress took four months because shopping service orders are low priority for them but I can't find that result again. Never heard anything bad about their quality.
>>
>>8737105
I wore it, but pretty toned down. I usually don't overstuff myself really but AP sack dress was still a nice choice.
>>
>>8737447
I had one of their bonnets that I got second hand before. The quality is great, holds shape pretty well, good materials, but they are really large in person. I had to futz with it a bit to get it to a good round shape and not something that looked smushed, but once I did it stayed that way. I did end up selling it, though, because it was REALLY large IRL; they look much smaller in stock photos. However, if you've seen the Chantilly diamond bonnets in person, those are perfect sized for me, so maybe others would like them that way. They're larger than 3F, Chantilly, and most AP bonnets. Probably most comparable to the Mercator bonnet in size.
>>
File: 391396-12010-2015-06-10996357.jpg (470KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
391396-12010-2015-06-10996357.jpg
470KB, 600x800px
I have a dress that isn't in lolibrary and id like to add it but I don't know the name or where to get stock photos of it. I know the brand and that's about it. Is there anything I can do? Google hasn't really helped and the drss isn't even on the brands website. Is there any other way you guys can think of? Pic related is the dress, its from millefleurs.
>>
>120k yen starting bid
>1 bid

damn, i've never even seen this before
>>
>>8737187
Brazil has a shitty mail system, so yeah. It's that expensive. A lot of sellers on ebay won't ship to parts of South America and Italy because the thing they have in common is a busted postal system.

There was a story from the mail horror thread where someone in Brazil's tracking said that the post truck transporting their package had been robbed, or some crazy shit like that.
>>
Damn, that was quick! Anyone elses dozing cat preorders come in to meta? Shipping starts on the 30th. If mine ships that day I bet it could get here before ILD! Which is good, because that means I will have a backup if my first coord doesn't go as planned.

I did ask them about combining orders and got this back:
"Hello.
We're afraid that we basically cannot combine your orders this time as we mentioned on the previous email.
However, I'll combine your orders."

Weird response lol "We don't do that but fuck it I'll do it anyway". At first I wasn't sure if they meant they won't combine orders but they'll combine payment but when I was examining the email it looks like there's just one shipping charge now so I guess both my orders really are combined. thx meta.
>>
>>8737351
Reminds me of that time that other shirtless dude posted close-ups of his crotch in #lolitafashion on instagram and tagged them with #daddy.
>>
>>8737244
Seconding this. I've used FJ before, but they're so difficult to communicate with and don't give you very helpful information when you e-mail them, so I just stick with Japonica.
>>
>>8737757

Congrats, anon! Thank you for sharing the story with us, too. I'll keep that in mind the next time I shop at WW.
>>
>>8737791
Since there's no specific name you can find you can probly just label it as a velveteen lace jsk, it's how some pieces get labeled as there's so little information. I would say take the best photo you can and use that, if others get found they can later be added, but just having some kinda photo is incredibly helpful. Contact someone on lolibrary, I'm sure they'd be happy to add it, maybe message Raine-dragon.
>>
>>8737951
Oh Meta...
>>
>>8737951
>>8738009
I just love Meta and their customer service so damn much
>>
>>8737757
That's great, anon! Glad you got your items in the end.
>>
does anyone know if tenso fwds stuff within japan (i onlt see international shipping options)? i'm moving and i need somewhere to send my mail for a month
>>
>>8738027
I don't know about Japan, but I think in a lot of countries you can get mail forwarding in your local post office, so they'll forward it to your new address for a month or two after your move
>>
>>8737951
Damn, congrats, I was hoping I'd get off the wait list but looks like not.
>>
>>8737456
I also ordered an express bonnet and ended up reselling it without wearing it. It's really tall and the shape was awkward for me. I think they used like magazine-cover weight paper as the interfacing
>>
>>8737351
I have a cap from my email, but I can't censor it on mobile.
>>
Does anyone know the source of these tights? I need them for my bread dress coord.
>>
>>8738122
Someone's selling them on egl_comm_sales and they're labelled as "Sumally Baguette Tights"
>>
>>8738135
That's where I saw them. Sumally is a curation site, though, not a brand or anything.
It's weird, but I prefer to buy tights and socks totally new/unopened if possible.
>>
>>8738122
Maybe they're from the village vanguard shop that sells bread-thened items?
>>
>>8738122
Found it with 5 minutes of Googling, anon.
>http://www.milleporte.com/sale/%E3%83%AF%E3%83%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%81%A8%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%84/121202ATEN/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%84-%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3/299916

But it looks like its been out of stock for a while.
>>
>>8738122
Pretty sure they are from cheesy's originally (the brand that also created the infamous braid tights). The shop closed down apparently. Atenoy has a similar leggins version.
>>
File: 1289577375268.jpg (7KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1289577375268.jpg
7KB, 208x199px
>ctrl+f
>no AP USA ticketing discussion

So AP USA is now going to list a special "ticket" section for their releases. How it will work is that people will purchase the tickets for $1.00 with a guarantee of at least one main piece, and depending on the order that they got the tickets, will be put into groups A, B or C. And so A will have the first 15 minutes to shop, then B, and so on.

I'm just trying to understand what happens to the $1.00 when group C's turn comes around and there's nothing, not even a main piece, that they desire to buy. Unless they're implying for these groups that all main piece colorways will be available.
>>
>>8738183
It was already discussed. The $1 becomes a credit on the account
>>
>>8738190
Oh sorry. Did anyone ever find out if all the groups will have the chance to buy a main piece of their choice?
>>
>>8738195
It's first come first served. Group A gets first pick, Group B gets what's left of that and so on and so forth. The ticket only guarantees you to a main piece and two accessories, but does not guarantee what those will be
>>
>>8738183
Is this going to be for all new releases? This is actually messed up
>>
>>8738183
What? That sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
>>8738183
this is fucking dumb lmao why is AP USA like this
>>
>>8738225
They're probably following the lottery trend but normally that's used for concert tickets and things like limited edition/exclusive anime merchandise.
>>
>>8738183
This sounds so stupid. Are they hoping this will help stop the scalping or what? What are the reasons behind this?
>>
>>8738121
please share whenever you can censor it please.
>>
File: 110P203-n.jpg (225KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
110P203-n.jpg
225KB, 480x640px
My wardrobe has lots of navy main pieces yet I never seem to find a flattering navy choker or necklace to match with them.
I have other necklaces but I'm in need of shorter necklaces or chokers because I wear mostly square-neck blouses.
Suggestions would be really appreciated.
>>
those of you who have or had jewelry jelly, can i get some ideas on what headwear would match? I don't want the matching bow, i prefer something smaller. thanks in advanced!
>>
File: haenuli enchanted fawn op.png (2MB, 1800x873px) Image search: [Google]
haenuli enchanted fawn op.png
2MB, 1800x873px
so haenuli just put up reservations for enchanted fawn.

I was really interested in the OP cause it seemed like there were gonna be 2, one mumu-ish dress and then one that was fitted but now it is just 1 OP that comes with a belt/tie so you can wear it two ways.

it actually doesn't look that bad in the promotional photo here on the right, but I'm worried that like...it won't *actually* be as nice IRL when you're moving around and shit. can anyone with experience with these kinds of sack dresses tell me if this is actually gonna work or not, or will it only look good for like 2 seconds? the only reason I'm worried is because I'm plus sized with big titties so these types of sack dresses aren't super flattering.
>>
>>8738374
I think sack dresses don't look good because it's usually too small to handle major boobage. Haenuli has a wider variety of sizes so perhaps if you get one that actually fits (taking your bust seriously into account) it should fit and look very nice. Thoughts, Gulls?
>>
>>8738374
>>8738394
hmm, i would be cautious and avoid the sack dresses if you're plus sized- since i haven't seen anyone rock bag dresses well?

i'm quite petite and sack dresses still sit funny on me. i have two from IW and three from meta, and i don't think a simple ribbon belt would hold it down sufficiently, you'll likely get uneven gathering if your bust is large (if that makes sense?).
>>
>>8738374
>the only reason I'm worried is because I'm plus sized with big titties so these types of sack dresses aren't super flattering.

Anon, don't. Please. See how the model looks bigger because how the dress hangs from the shoulders/boobs? Combined with the print being busiest at the widest part of the dress, it's going to look very unflatering.
>>
>>8738394
>>8738395
>>8738404

yes I understand, but that's not my question. it comes with a belt, see? I'm asking if that is *actually* going to work with this type of dress, because if it does then I will consider buying it and only wear it with the belt. but I don't want to buy it if the belt will only look good for like 2 seconds and get messed up if I move around (I'm wondering if it only looks good in photos versus IRL)

which is why I was also asking if anyone has worn a belt with this kind of dress and it looked good or not.
>>
>>8738374
They moved all of the folds and excess fabric that will be created by the belt to the back. It will not look that clean from all sides.
>>
>>8738421
Belt or no belt it's going to look shitty with big boobs
>>
File: 20151127_143321.jpg (873KB, 974x1347px) Image search: [Google]
20151127_143321.jpg
873KB, 974x1347px
I bought this for crazy cheap second hand. I just got it in the mail and I was about to try it on (luckily in a room with a lot of daylight) when I noticed that all the seams on the waist have micro tears. No damage was mentioned by the seller. The item was stated as like new and only tried on.

Would you bother saying anything about unmentioned damage on a burando item you got for dirt cheap?
>>
>>8738395
>>8738404
Diff anon but I think sack dresses make pretty much everyone look bigger and kinda frumpy. It's just a style preference. I personally don't care for how they make bodies look, but if it appeals to someone then the playing field is pretty much even because it sits on everyone like a muumuu. The belt would most certainly help define a waistline, at least. It was smart to showcase it with that.
>>
>>8738432
>dirt cheap
>microtears
Welp, know you know why you got a bargain, anon.
>>
>>8738435
Obviously I know that now. But the seller had a lot of perfect feedback and like I said, her listing said it was in like new condition.
>>
>>8738438
The best thing would be to mail her and explain the issue with the garment. How much did you pay? Did the price you paid adequately reflect the damage, or do you feel you deserve compensation of some kind? That's the question. And of course we won't be able to answer on behalf of whoever sold that to you.
>>
>>8738432
Western seller? Yes, I would mention that. Not a seamstress and I personally have no clue, but as it is, it's not really wearable, is it? You'd have to go get that fixed and that shouldn't really come out of your own pocket.

If it's from a Japanese auction, you are screwed.
>>
>>8738429
will it though? the belt makes it look like it gives the dress a more defined and fitted torso. In the pic it almost looks like a normal OP.
>>
>>8738438
>I bought this for crazy cheap second hand. I just got it in the mail and I was about to try it on (luckily in a room with a lot of daylight) when I noticed that all the seams on the waist have micro tears. No damage was mentioned by the seller. The item was stated as like new and only tried on.
If its microtears, the seller might not have even noticed. If you really can't just deal with it, send the seller a polite message informing her of the issue before you trash her feedback. You might be able to find some sort of happy medium.
>>
File: 20151127_150605.png (2MB, 1071x1523px) Image search: [Google]
20151127_150605.png
2MB, 1071x1523px
AP. What the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>8738183
I want to know what the special set is...
Just check the site and don't see anything.
>>
>>8738444
Western seller, yes. I almost never buy from Western sellers actually because about half the items I've received have had some kind of minor damage on them that haven't been mentioned. Lace separating from the seams, waist ties missing, etc. Japanese second hand shops seem to go over damage much more thoroughly.

>>8738456
I guess I will say something because I would not have bought it had I known about the damage. As cheap as it was, I'm very lazy about taking things to tailors and this unexpectedly adds on to the price tag.

>If its microtears, the seller might not have even noticed.

True, but one has to wonder why list an item so cheap if you don't know about the damage?
>>
>>8738183
So I managed to buy a ticket but I think I got it in at 3:01-02ish because I accidentally forgot to check the terms and conditions box and had to reenter my CC info. But I haven't received an email yet. So I guess I should assume at this point that I'm not in Group A and should just settle with the fact that I'll most certainly be in B, or at worst, C? I wish they could have been more clear about when they would start sending the emails to group A after the tickets were all sold. I'm making dinner and I really don't want to be glued to my laptop for the next hour, but it's looking that way.
>>
>>8738421
> i don't think a simple ribbon belt would hold it down sufficiently, you'll likely get uneven gathering this will still be an issue, it won't be clean- like >>8738427 said.

>>8738433
it does look frumpy on almost everyone, but i think it'd be a lot more noticeable and disadvantageous for a plus sized person to endeavor.

>>8738481
>hideous yellow tartan
ngl that;s my biggest weakness (i'm looking at you 2006-2008 baby tartan..). please lord. let this be massively unpopular so i can get one
>>
>>8738452
Anon, are you actually asking for opinions or do you just want people to agree with you?

Anyway, a friend of mine has big boobs and has one of those sack dresses. She wears it with a belt and it looks cute, but she's not plus size and has a very defined waist.
>>
>>8738481
I don't mind yellow tartan, but that is...bright. Damn, AP. It looks fluorescent, is it just the pictures?
>>
>>8738481
The yellow might not have been so bad if it went with at least something in the print. Those neutral little bears look so out of place now.
>>
>>8738484
So I just got this update on the ticket's processing page: Thank you for your interest in Angelic Pretty!!
Your estimated time to receive the link for Chess Emblem Collection is around 12:30pm.

Please check your email to follow the link to the Chess Emblem Collection.
>>
>>8738483
>tfw lists shit cheap because i need space
i'll admit to missing minor damages sometimes, just because i don't have time to sit down and scan every single little detail of the clothes i'm clearing out. But i always disclose it if something has been worn a lot and i always price low if i am unsure (with disclosure).

the seller might have scored it at a deal, didn't know about the damage, and didn't catch it when she resold it. hopefully she'll be understanding though!
>>
>>8738494
This anticipation is worse than the actual bloodbath. I'd rather the bloodbath actually.
>>
>>8738494
I got 12:45 slot. You must be group A
>>
>>8738494
I've still received nothing.

By processing page do you mean where our orders are where we view their status? Because there's nothing there for me as well. I don't know where to find this.
>>
>>8738486
not that anon but they're asking a pretty specific question and people seem to be giving them an answer slightly different as to what they are asking about.

>>8738427 sounds about right to me, it looks fine from the front but the back might be messy looking because of all the excess fabric.
>>
>>8738502
Go to My Account >Previous Orders> Order Information for Last Order
>>
>>8738505
Mhmm. Says nothing, just 'processing.' I'm pretty upset.
>>
>>8738499
Im not sure, but maybe. It seems that the only 15 minute gap is between group A and B.

Group A
15 min
Group B
10 min
Group C
>>
>>8738503
the second reply to her post answers her question though. a few people have elaborated on a similar train of thought too?

if anon wants to risk it, she could just buy it and try it herself and resell if it doesn't work.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the shop owners get to pick and choose who gets put into what ticketing group regardless of the "first come first serve" rule?

I'd be interested in people posting their purchasing times and what groups they were assigned. I smell a rat.
>>
>>8738486
oy vey. I can't tell if my question is just confusing people because of the way I asked it or what. I just wanted to know if a sack dress is *actually* going to look good with a belt, and I feel a bit flustered because I feel that all the answers I'm getting "ANON SACK DRESSES WILL LOOK LIKE SHIT ON YOU DON'T DO IT" which is not the question I'm asking, since I even state clearly in my post that I know sack dresses aren't flattering.

If the dress is going to look fine with a belt NBD then I'm interesting in getting it, but if it's just gonna look messy and awkward with tons of extra fabric in the back like >>8738427 >>8738485 and >>8738503 said. This is the answer I was looking for, not whether or not sack dresses look frumpy, because I was specifically asking about the belt. Did I just word my question wrong or something?

anyways I guess I'll have to think about it, the reason I'm asking is because I too do not think a ribbon belt will be enough to change the shape of the dress like that, but who knows, I ask because maybe someone had a totally different experience and it looks all fine and dandy. I guess I'll just get the JSK though this makes me really bummed that Haenuli chose to make the OP a sack dress like this, I really like the sleeves and I like OP's but I can't do mumus.
>>
>>8738510
I'm on my phone and didn't even see the second reply, oh well.

it's fine though, thanks for your responses. I would buy it and try it myself but I think that's just too much of a hassle and I can't afford to buy 2 dresses atm. I'll just buy the jsk and maybe try to buy the OP secondhand later on to check it out.
>>
File: basically this.png (28KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
basically this.png
28KB, 300x180px
>>8738515
There's people posting on their facebook page right now who have still received nothing. That's awful.
>>
>>8738374
Isn't there a mary magdelene dress that is kind of like this, it's a shapeless sack but they provide a sash for you to tie it at the waist? This just looks like the same deal. Why are people saying this won't work?
>>
>>8738508
>>8738502
Just got my confirmation.

1pm. I'm in group C.

And to answer to >>8738515, I processed my ticket at around 3:02-3PM. Hope AP US enjoys my dollar.
>>
>>8738516

Oh, I misunderstood. If you have a pronounced enough (ie your body shape is not a rectangle, for example) waist then there's no reason it shouldn't .
>>
>>8738183
This is 12:30 anon. I was able to get the JSK, OTKs, and Beret in wine.
I didn't receive my email. I had to look on the processing page for it.

If you haven't gotten your email, you can find your time and link on the Information Processing Page of the ticket order. Go to My Account >Previous Orders> Order Information for Last Order
>>
>>8738538
Yeah mine here >>8738532 didn't show up until a few minutes ago on the page. So that means they update the page by group order. Pretty much everyone who didn't have a 12:45 at the least was a group c.
>>
>>8738528
iirc the sash is considerably more substantial than a ribbon belt? IW has cutsew ops with the same ribbon belt concept, it doesn't work.
>>
File: Ticket.png (158KB, 751x527px) Image search: [Google]
Ticket.png
158KB, 751x527px
>>8738538
>>
>>8738528
I think it's a nice cut but it looks really unfortunate with large breasts. You have to be relatively petite for it to work, and that was the original question.
>>
>>8738432
To me, this feels like nitpicking. Its not a bad as its made out to be. If you lay it down flat, can you see it? If you wore it, can you see it?
>>
Have there ever been discussions regarding that Royal Princess Alice brand? All their prints seem to have some elements that are so suspiciously similar to AP dresses/or other very successful brand series. I mean, not like "many dresses and cuts in Lolita are similar in themes and cuts", but more like...REALLY similar. Their newest release seems to be a perfect fusion of the Milky Cross JSK and Celestial that I feel kind of awkward?
>>
File: 390595-244-2015-06-09051279.jpg (18KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
390595-244-2015-06-09051279.jpg
18KB, 290x387px
>>8738528
Actually it was VM, my bad

>>8738547
I guess it depends on the kind of ribbon. The sash doesn't look very substantial either

>>8738551
The original question was about whether or not the dress would work if taken in at the waist with the ribbon, not about sack dresses
>>
>>8738532
>>8738544
4:01pm. No email.

WOW. So did I waste an hour and a dollah of my life here or...?
>>
>>8738559
I'm really surprised no one else has said anything about this, cause when I saw photos I thought it was a milky cross replica.
>>
>>8738481
I'm really trying to decide if I want the pink one.
>>
>>8738565
Here it is worn

>>8738516
This might help you out, I think this looks pretty okay, even at her size.
>>
>>8737791
ot but it's really beautiful
>>
>>8738481
Where was this announced?
>>
>>8738588
THIS!
As long as it fits, sack dresses can work on toppy girls and look nice.
>>
>>8738374
on the left she looks legitimately plus sized, it's amazing how much it changes her. Like a before and after photo
>>
Does anyone know what the 'black friday special set' on AP USA was? Couldn't find anything.
>>
>>8738598
Dream marine special set in pink, wonder gallery special set in yellow, and dramatic rose special set in pink. Really mad about missing out on dramatic rose!
>>
>>8738588
hmm okay, that doesn't look too bad actually. I'll have to sleep on it, I have some time before reservations close anyway. I suppose I could also go in and pin stuff from the back too and make temporary darts.
>>
>>8737351
It was hilarious, I can tell you that.
>>
>>8738605

I wonder who got it. I was refreshing from 3pm - 3.15pm waiting for the special sets but never saw a link or anything on the site or RSS feed
>>
>>8738481
Both colorways are awful. They don't match with the print colors at all.
>>
And of course AP USA has no more of the navy Chess Emblem socks left. That was all I wanted to get. Was hoping there would be some left over after the groups were done, and now jealous of the girls that were able to get both their main piece and matching socks.
>>
>>8738728
i don't buy AP but i feel bad for you gulls. this sounds like a total clusterfuck.
>>
>>8738190
So basically a $1 to line AP USA pockets that are already filled with the extra the take from overcharging on shipping
The owner is a fucking rip off artist
>>
I made a purchase from an indie brand a few months ago and they made a mistake with my order. They promised to refund me for their error as I had to pay for multiple postage but they're dodging all my emails and facebook messages. Another gull said something similar and I wondered if they had any luck getting their money back
>>
>>8738122
You could also make the leggings or stockings on art cow if you're desperate. It would probably cost the same if you bought it directly.
>>
>>8738838
All of the US brand stores over charge on shipping. I paid $11 in shipping for a small hair comb from Baby SF that they put in a huge box when a small padded envelope would have been a lot easier.
They didn't even wrap it well or bother to at least stick in a postcard.
>>
>>8738888
At least in that case they paid for the box, AP US will charge big box prices and then stick it in a flimsy envelope. I ordered tights from them last month and paid $15 in shipping, when they stuck them in an envelope that was $6.50 for shipping. I wonder if they're factoring in their import shipping and passing it off to the customer.
>>
>>8738329

I have jewelry jelly in sax but the head bow it came with was stained (I don't mind tho since it was inexpensive.) I usually coord it with pink accents and use plain pink bows on the head.
>>
>>8738374

If you really want this piece but hate the sack look. Id think about maybe finding a good seamstress to alter it to permentantly be like the photo on the right?
>>
>>8738183
I think there is a loop hole to this reserve ticket system.. I'll try it on a release I actually want next time.
>>
>>8738976
To be honest, I don't think it'd have to be fully permanent. The dress is pleated. A few tacked stitches where the pleats sit at the waist and bust would do the trick for the most part. Easy to snip out later to resell, too.
>>
Any advice?
I already paid for shipping and the item at least two weeks ago, it took a while to ship. Now she wants me to pay the difference with the shipping after she already quoted a price and I paid it. Am I justified in my anger or should I just suck it up and pay for it?
>>
>>8738329
You can probably hunt down something on one of the Japanese 2nd hand sites. They usually have tons of smaller barrettes and combs that would go with it. I was a wee noob when I owned it in sax, so I'd just clip in bows that I made myself when I didn't want to wear the big headbow.

YOU CAN ALWAYS ROCK THE MINI HAT.
>>
>>8739054
It's the seller's responsibility to make sure their package is weighed and quoted directly. Any discrepancies are on them.

Unless they have some sort of policy that says "I will invoice you later for the shipping charges" I would say you're off the hook for this
>>
>>8739054
It's not your problem. Tell her to make sure she charges the right price beforehand next time. If she tries to leave you bad feedback, take it to the mods.
>>
>>8739054
As someone who did this before by accident (I was the seller), she has to eat the cost. It's not the buyer's problem the quote wasn't accurate. Only cheapos and children would ask the buyer to pay it.
>>
>>8739054
Don't do it. I'd bring this to the attention of the mods. She's reneging on the agreed upon price. She should have weighed and calculated beforehand. (If she can buy lolita online, she can afford a tiny kitchen scale to weigh her packages.) This is in the same boat as added Paypal fees which are also not allowed.
>>
>>8739056
>>8738974
thanks anons, that's reassuring to hear! I wasn't sure if the colours were a bit off IRL and if that'd complicate finding accessories (a la chess chocolate).

i dream of owning that delicious mini hat. 2010 OTT sweet is my shit!
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 553x955px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 553x955px
Does anybody know if this photo seems legit? I'm getting bad feels about a sale. Bought from no feedback seller while exhausted (like an idiot) and the follow up message gave me a weird feeling...Reverse image search didn't come up with anything.
>>
>>8739157
You can always file a Paypal claim if it ends up being a scam.
>>
>>8739157
It's an Infanta dress with the tassels at the bottom removed
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/infanta-golden-circus-jsk
>>
>>8739164
Yeah, that's true.

>>8739167
I wonder why the alteration wasn't mentioned in the sale.
>>
>>8739172
They changed the design at some point - I bought the jsk brand new a couple years ago and there were no tassels.
>>
I'm contemplating leaving lolita. I've been wearing it for about a year and a half now, and now I just haven't really found myself excited about it anymore. I feel like I'm moving more towards other fashions, but I'm reluctant to let it go because I've invested so much into my closet. I also really like my comm and I still want to keep seeing them. What should I do?
>>
>>8739178
make a capsule wardrobe with a few pieces and get rid of the rest. use the money you get selling pieces you don't really care about/aren't easy to wear and pick up a new fashion. You can still hang out with the lolis but have room to expand your horizons.
>>
>>8739184
that's a great idea, thanks! Now to decide which pieces to sell...
>>
>>8739157
This is such a cute print, I'll own it one day
>>
>>8739178
Anon, I'm in a similar position. I've been slowly selling off everything that I can't wear casually/in otome, except for one "fancier" dress. You can also have blouses and accessories that work with tons of different fashions.
>>
File: 1S2WAA1.jpg (65KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
1S2WAA1.jpg
65KB, 452x640px
Secrets are up!
>>
>>8738847
Welp. I had a something similar happen(ing). Eventually got a reply on FB of 'we'll sort it out and msg you tomorrow' and that was 2weeks ago. Doubt you can file a PP claim but I've been trying for months and have only gotten 2 replies that weren't honoured.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (23KB, 205x263px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
23KB, 205x263px
I just made a hat like this for a meet tomorrow but i can't get it to stay on my head. Its stiffened with cardboard so i can't exactly sew into it. I only have some small 2-way clips, a hair slide, bobby pins and non-colour matching ribbon. I'd prefer to not have to go out and get things but i will if there isn't anything else that i can do. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
Finally met a nice Lolita. Was nice. 8/10 would discuss Overlord again
>>
>>8739433
Sew or glue two small pieces of ribbon to the undersides of the brim, like two tight loops you can use to put bobby pins through. Makes sense? I don't really know how to explain it, but that's what I've done previously. Then you can use those as anchors to pin the hat by.
>>
>>8738485
Anon! Cloudlace on LM is selling the yellow tartan JSK. Go get it!
>>
I'm winning a bid with a day left and the seller messaged me saying she changed her mind and wanted to keep the dress....wat...? She gave me an option to buy the same print but with a different cut (not to mention she marked up the price because it is NTW). Shady as hell. I really want the dress. Bad Feedback or just try and trudge through and attempt to keep negotiating?
>>
>>8739441
It sounds super shady for her to try to make you buy another dress she has. You bid on the one you wanted and if she wanted to keep it she shouldnt have put it up. I would first tell her that backing out as a seller is just as bad as backing out as a buyer, and try to get her to go through with it. If not, make sure you add everything into the neg feedback.
>>
>>8739441
Try to negotiate for the dress you bid on, leave neutral feedback if you get it but have to fight about it and bad if she pulls out. This is the stupidest shit, I swear.
>>8739439
Did not realize that cloudlace was Tokyo Pirates until today. Made me lose a little respect for her, because her lm account is scalpy as fuck sometimes.
>>
>>8739441
Tell her that's not okay and you're gonna leave negative feedback if she tries doesn't send you the dress. What is there to negotiate about? Do you want the other cut?
>>
I had a really fussy buyer who eventually settled on a payment plan with me after hemming and hawwing over it for a week, promised to pay two weeks ago, and just dropped off the face of the planet. She hasn't even purchased the listing or read my most recent messages.

Should I just relist the item or is that a dick move? This is the last time I'm dealing with that much bs from someone with 0 feedback.
>>
>>8739523
just relist. if someone can't be bothered to buy something properly, then they don't really want it
>>
>>8738481
>pink jsk
its like ap was listening to my prayers
>>
>>8739441
It's not like she is forcing you to buy the other dress. Decline her offer and leave negative feedback for backing out.
>>
>>8739448
How does it make you lose respect? She does a BIN with the price of the item plus the commission she would have made.
>>
I was going to post in the coord thread, but it's dead.

Im not busty, but my high waist skirt makes me look top heavy. What are some good ways of balancing my coord?
>>
>>8739571
What I've done for gothic and classic coords with HWskirts is add a capelet that matches the skirt or wear some sort of cropped jacket that helps cover the bust area and balance out the overall volume of the skirt and coord itself by adding more to the arms and shoulders. It helps the bust look a bit smaller.
>>
File: wtf is this.png (6KB, 356x162px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this.png
6KB, 356x162px
I'm trying to practice ordering from btssb and this keeps popping up after I fill out my information and try to go to the next page. I'm pretty sure I'm filling out everything correctly and have selected all the right options - I've followed the guide from baby and also followed a guide on egl.

I think the dialogue is telling me my phone number is wrong but what the fuck I feel like I've tried everything. The guide on egl says to add your country's international calling code, I'm from the US so I'm putting in 1. Am I just formatting it wrong or something?
>>
>>8739592
you did put the +1, not only the 1, right?
>>
>>8739571
>>8739577

What sort of blouses are you wearing? For gothic coords, I like to use a large jabot or cravat to add a bit more to the top half. Atelier Boz's store blogs and fb pages have lots of coord examples, which include high-waisted skirts. Things such as a short or bustled jacket, with a blouse with a jabot, or, depending on how high-waisted the skirt is, maybe add a bustier over the top of the skirt. IW do these quite often, in both over and underbust styles.
>>
I am >>8739577 and what I've usually done is wear long-sleeved blouses with cuffs and a high collar. I'm not a fan of jabots, but a nice brooch at the neck with a jacket looks great. I suggest avoiding blouses with a wide neck-line as that will cause your neck/ upper-bust area to appear more open and wide. Even smaller peter pan collars would look nice if there is some sort of ribbon or brooch added to the neck, but those I would recommend trying with the capelet.
>>
Ugh, I've got a bad feeling.
Did a trade with a girl on FB. When we were talking about the trade she was responding to everything etc. We gave each other proof photos, discussed the trade, etc. Once we were at the 'buy the other persons listing on LM' part...she stopped replying to anything related to trading, but she would talk about her day. Three days later and she finally bought my listings, and I bought hers, and she was back to talking to me. We both said we could ship out yesterday, and I shipped hers and gave her the tracking. I asked her that night for tracking and no response. I know she's been online, we added each other on fb. I understand if shes just been busy at work, but at least drop me a 'hey I couldn't ship' or something. If you're reading this anon, you're giving me hella stress.
>>
>>8739598
sorry this sounds dumb but what do you mean? like actually type the +? because if so then no, I just did the 1 and then my number.
>>
>>8739618
yeah you have to do the +.
>>
>>8739615

Woah does sound stressful. I'm so paranoid about doing trades even with the lace market thing.
>>
File: oh my god.png (38KB, 602x447px) Image search: [Google]
oh my god.png
38KB, 602x447px
>>8739635
okay I feel seriously retarded right now cause that isn't working either. pic related is how I am filling out my real information, am I just doing it completely wrong or what?
>>
>>8739639
I always insist on the lm thing because without it, its like 'yeah but she totally SAID she'd send me a dress'. With LM it's "Look, I clearly bought this dress here and she bought this one"
>>
I listed something for cheap but clearly stated that international buyers should PM me first before buying. Some international buyer with 0 feedback slammed the BIN button and proceeded to be extremely wishy washy with when she would buy/where she lived so I could give her a shipping quote she should have requested before. After a few days I'm fed up with this and I want to completely cancel the transaction, is this a dick move? I'm also worried about her leaving negative feedback which I can't counter when she clearly didn't read any of my instructions beforehand.
>>
>>8739641
I was always under the impression that this was how everyone did trades? (A mutual purchase of each dress)

Why would anyone just send their dress out to a stranger without any kind of backup plan in case something went wrong
>>
>>8739646

No, you are in the right. It's the buyer's responsability to read the TOS of the seller.

If she posts negative feedback you can show that she gave you problems regarding the info you needed to be able to ship the dress.
>>
>>8739640

>>
So AM hawaii anyone?
>>
>>8739602
I agree. I find as a whole that high-collars work best as a whole. Peter-Pan collars I think make a coord look sweeter and more youthful as a whole, and tone down the gothic-ness of an outfit. I've never been keen on them as a whole though.
>>
>>8739847
>as a whole
>as a whole
>as a whole
>as a whole
Go to bed, anon.
>>
>>8738918
I wondered that too. The box my bow was shipped in was only $6 as well.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448752811415.jpg (67KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448752811415.jpg
67KB, 540x960px
>>8739780
Kek
>>
>>8739919
>we're aware of his past transgressions
>you guys get to decide what we do from here
>but we're still working with him even if you don't want us to

lolwut
>>
>>8739738
Thank you, I've canceled the transaction and found another buyer, glad to be done with this!
>>
>>8739852
Ooops, just noticed that. Trying to concentrate on too many things there. You didn't need to repeat it though that many times.
>>
>>8739919
>>8739924
I remember this thread in rc:u! I have a cap somewhere.
>>
>>8739852
top kek
>>
File: 15-11-28-13-41-04-136_deco.jpg (258KB, 581x640px) Image search: [Google]
15-11-28-13-41-04-136_deco.jpg
258KB, 581x640px
>>8739948
Drop pic
>>
>>8738329
i pair cute berets with my AP dresses all the time! along with a lot of smaller hair accessories, it always looks very put together. i own jewelry jelly as well but i just wear the headbow with it most of the time.
>>
File: 321637_original.jpg (468KB, 826x952px) Image search: [Google]
321637_original.jpg
468KB, 826x952px
Hey there anons could anyone help me with Haenuli's sizing?

My bust is 108, finally down from 115 and I'm working hard on losing more weight this winter.

I want to get the Enchanted Fawn rerelease and the lowest bust in XL-2XL is 106, my question is if I'm lower than that by the time I get it in February would it still look okay? I don't want to be maxing out M-L but I don't want to drown in XL-2XL either.
>>
>>8740216
Definitely a tough thing to think about. If you are still planning on losing weight, it could be better to just get the smaller size and wait when you are more within the measurements, or you could get the larger size but get it altered.
>>
File: ah yes.png (273KB, 361x538px) Image search: [Google]
ah yes.png
273KB, 361x538px
>>8740242
Hmm I do have some girls in my comm who do alterations, I might just do that. I'm 5'9 and I'd want to keep as much length as possible, that extra inch or two in the bodice and skirt do make a difference.

>captcha??
>>
>>8740242
Its easier to buy bigger and take it in then hope to lose the weight.
Haenulis sizing on their fullyfully backed shirring is really generous. I'm a 34DD and I ordered a Medium in the new Jellyfish jsk and I have tons of room to spare.
>>
>>8740216
Haenuli tends to run quite large honestly. I have the S/M of Whipped Cream Kitty and it's probably the hugest dress I own (I swim in it) when I my fat ass is maxing out my back shirred dresses. I'd just go down a size, you should be fine, especially if you're planning on losing weight. A few friends of mine are larger and they have the L/XL sizes of a few releases or 2XL and they are literally huge on them.
>>
I'm going to be in New York on international lolita day and was thinking about visiting the BtssB store, is there anything I should be aware of before going there besides the stuff on their store info page? I'm assuming it might be busy but are the employees there alright when it comes to someone just going in to look around and admire the dresses, or would it be better to go in with the intention of buying something?
>>
>>8740316
I stayed at the BtssB for about an hour and a half while purchasing 1000$ worth of stuff. I saw a lot of people go in and out. The staff are very friendly to everybody and I think they know that most people just see the pretty storefront and want to try on the pretty dresses or look around. Don't be shy and just politely enjoy the store.
>>
https://youtu.be/x8316R1ia98

There's lolitas at 1:38
>>
>>8740322
>has to tell us the exact sum of money spent like we give a shit.
>>
>>8740322

> humble bragging
>>
>>8740396
Oh gosh, I think this happened to me while in Akihabara, the guy even looked like this, he came up to me and my friends and asked if we wanted to be his friend.
>>
>>8740423
that's so cute, i hope you said yessss. i've had random people ask my friends and i for handshakes??? no clue that that's about.
>>
>>8739759
oh my god, I did exactly this and it still won't take me to the next page WTF. that same message I posted in >>8739592 is popping up. this is driving me insane. god fucking damnit baby.
>>
I really hope that Haenuli would rerelease whipped cream kitty kitty too
>>
>>8739640
>>8740435

They're expecting a digit in the second zip code field. Just split your real zip in half.
>>
>>8740429
We were sort of lost around the station and trying to find somewhere to eat because we we spent forever trying to find our apartment and was then locked out of our apartment because our host forgot the key. So when he came up to us we were a bit frazzled and tired, we asked him what he meant as in friends and he just kept saying he wanted to be friends, we told him sorry but we just want to go get some dinner. We felt bad about if after and thought maybe he just wanted some English speaking friends or something but we had also had most of our rude encounters in akihabara, like a group of men calling out to me and making giggling movements with their hands when I was crossing the road so we were kind of weary of creepers at that point.
>>
>>8740396
Aww, I think it's cute the lolitas were some of the only people to stop and talk to him. They even complimented his shirt.
>>
>>8740440
I own WCK but would buy the shit out of it as an OP too
>>
>>8740458
oh my god anon you're a miracle worker. I put in my 2-part zip code (5 numbers + 4 numbers) and it worked. I dunno about everyone else but usually I just put in the 5 numbers and I get stuff just fine or websites automatically fill in the extra 4 numbers so I just never think to use those. thank you because I was going nuts
>>
>rant

I helped a friend get the JM fairytale book series since she "loved it so much" at cost price ($350) with no additional SS or other fees. The next day, she lists it on Lacemarket for $500.

I thought she genuinely liked/wanted the series. It was so disappointing and hurtful to see her behave like this. People like her make me never want to trust lolitas or help anyone again.
>>
>>8740580
maybe there was something wrong with it or the color didn't look right on her skin tone.
Just talk to her about it and tell her that it upset you and that you don't wanna help her out again because of this.
if she replies like a bitch, then you have one less "friend" to worry about.
>>
>>8740580
Holy shit, that's shady as hell! I'm sorry that happened to you, anon.
>>
>>8740591
>>8740596

thanks. I'm just really disappointed. I'm one of the lucky people who can order direct from store with reservation before it goes on web-shop (the catalog is mailed to me) and I do this as a way to spread otome love to my friends.

I work full time and it takes effort to do wire transfer, to see someone do this was really awful. If she thought there was something wrong or the colour was off, she could've returned to me and gotten a refund back from JM (if it was damaged). Otherwise there are a ton of people on waitlist for it. It's just unacceptable.
>>
>>8740612
maybe next time charge your friends fees? be like a shopping service. for your time and effort. and tell them you'll "black list" them if you see them posting it on lacemarket. like the JM friend did.
>>
>>8740580
>>8740612
i'm so sorry that happened anon. my friends have done this to me too.. i've even seen some of them sell GIFTS from other people. It's really shitty and it makes me respect them less as a person.

definitely warn people about blacklisting them in the future. i think it's worth talking to your friend too, maybe she doesn't realize it upsets you or that there is a return policy.
>>
>>8740612
How do you get them to do this? I buy almost all their releases (for personal use, not even shopping service) and they refuse to let me in their special customer thing.
I think it's because they think i'm scalping or selling to the chinese or something. Why do you hate me so much Jane Marple!!?
>>
>>8739780
pic from the fashion show
>>
>>8740580
Your friend is a cunt and took advantage of you and your generosity.

There is no reason to sell it the next day without talking to you about it.

Have you confronted her about it?
>>
okay, am i fucking up or are people being exceptionally flaky recently?

I've had 3-4 potential buyers message me then drop off the face of the planet after saying they "want to buy". Sellers have also dropped off the face of the planet after I give them my paypal. what's going on?!
>>
>>8740580
You need to confront her about it, anon. Literally tell her everything you just told us, especially how it hurts your trust in her and lolitas as a whole.

If she tries to weasel out and say it didn't fit her or something, just tell her it wasn't right what she did. Basically, don't accept anything other than a very sincere apology or she doesn't care about you.

Also, don't let it get you down. We're not all like that and what you did was amazingly generous. I honestly wish you were my friend, anon. All my friends are really greedy and selfish. You have good traits, just use them on the right people.
>>
>>8737218
Sorry to be a downer but I've actually had some really bad experience with Japonica
>http://egl.livejournal.com/19950383.html

Tl;dr- they changed my shipping option to EMS without notifying me and when I complained to them about it they told me to contact the embassy and that they didn't have time to talk about it.

Since then I've been using Zenmarket and no issues so far.
>>
>>8740928
This is mostly on you though, for not reading their shipping policy. Sorry you had a bad experience.
>>
>>8740940
But it sounds like they sort of mislead her a little? While yes, that was in their policy and it seems like there was a misunderstanding over that, I thought the review said her bill initially came saying registered airmail and she didn't know it was EMS until after she had paid and received tracking. Perhaps the review should've been neutral but even if it's in their policy Japonica should've gently reminded her that she could not use registered airmail.
>>
>>8740904
Possibly the holidays getting people busy/panicking with where to allocate their money.
>>
>>8740904
I know summer is newfag season but I think winter is equally bad. Lots of new people getting holiday money, more hours from seasonal jobs, and not knowing how the lolita market works. I've been dealing with a lot of girls that try to lowball me and then say "but it's my first lolita dress uwu" like it's a coupon code.
>>
>>8740948
that's what i figure, i hope they're just busy.

>>8740956
i definitely got a couple of those too! i'm a sucker and i gave them a discount, but they vanished after verbally committing? weird.

oh well, I tried messaging a few of them to at least let me know if they're no longer interested.
>>
>>8740944
It was close to this. When I ordered I agreed and paid for the airmail shipping and they had no issue with it and no mention that they may change the shipping option by their own discretion. At the time their shipping policy only stated the issue with items over a certain weight having to be sent by EMS, the added the extra bit after I complained about it but sadly I don't have a screen capture of their policy before they made the change.

What I was mostly angry about was them changing it without saying anything at all and leaving me to find out about it by surprise... they could easily take a moment to Email about the change and ask approval for it to be made but they hid it and then answered in a unprofessional manner.
>>
>>8740580
...is your friend fakechoco? Cuz all of that girl's listings are always scalpy/overpriced as fuck.
>>
>>8740928
Take some responsibility. This is really completely your fault and youre blaming them because you didn't read their policy.

Not only that but you should have been aware prior to shipping because they breakdown their prices and fees
>>
>>8740904
Just making sure, are you invoicing them or literally giving your PP?
>>
>>8740928
Wow. Their responses were pretty unprofessional. Some of the blame does lie on them, they probably should have let you know that they had to change your preferred shipping method before sending it. I probably won't use them because I don't like to use EMS, anyway. Thanks!
>>
>>8740989
she said when she gives *sellers* her pp, not her buyers. so when she gives sellers her pp to be invoiced by them, they don't invoice her and drop off the face of the earth, is what she's saying
>>
Can someone tell me about ordering from Royal Princess Alice? It doesn't look like they ship overseas, so should I get a shopping service?

Also, how do their releases work? It looks like the new Cathedral JSK is a preorder, but did they say how long their window is open for?
>>
>>8740989
i'm giving my paypal to be invoiced by sellers. buyers drop off after they say they want to buy, right before giving me their paypal.

I know the latter happens sometimes, and that's expected.. but it happened to me 3+ times over the past week, which seems odd?
>>
>>8741004
I think it has something to do with the holidays/LP season. But that still fucking sucks, anon. I'm sorry. Negative feedback all around.
>>
>>8741004
Ahh, those sentences blended together for me so I was confused. I would also think that it being a holiday week, they might not have much access to pay or invoice.
>>
>>8740216
Their dresses run quite large. I would size down.
>>
>>8740972
All you have to do is search by brand LM and you'll see a JM Fairy Tale Book Bustier JSK that sold for $500, listed by omgspace.
>>
>>8740904
No, it's been happening to me too. People will message and seem ultra hype about buying something...then disappear.
I messaged three different girls about buying a dress because no one would reply and suddenly today all three messaged me, so I guess I have my pick of who to buy from. I don't get it, if someone messages me wanting to buy I jump on dat shit.
>>
File: 11181151_564be7b15ca15.jpg (346KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
11181151_564be7b15ca15.jpg
346KB, 500x600px
Tenso emailed they have my AP dress. Can't freaking wait to get it.
>>
Does anyone one some Shirley Temple stuff that they could give me measurements for?
I'm thinking about buying a 160 size JSK, but I'm wondering if it will fit.
I'm 154cm and on the slightly smaller side (46kg), and from the Japanese discussions I found it seems like a number of grown women buy the bigger sizes, but it'd be great to find some hard measurements. I'm mostly worried about the bust area.
>>
>>8738122
here you go anon! http://www.hmr.jp/shop/g/gHU31AI90630-
>>
>>8741136
Could be the Christmas season? People suddenly realising they actually need to buy gifts etc
>>
>>8741063
She has also listed another Fairy Tale JSK for a $600 BIN recently. Idk, but that seems shady as fuck.
>>
>>8741569
It may well be too big. Usually the bust is about 84cm and waist 70cm because it's children's sizing, so not as small in the waist
>>
>>8738838
The dollar gets credited to your account. It showed up in my points. So use your points to use your dollar.
>>
Does anyone know what's going on with Elegy? I ordered from her in October and I haven't heard from her since. I know she was moving but it's been radio silence for longer than she projected...
>>
>>8740855
Is that chanel in the middle in the bonnet? Yikes
>>
>>8740904
It's not just you, I've been having more and more flaky buyers recently too.
>>
>>8740904
I got this too.
>omg anon I just bid on your dress but I changed my mind abloo bloo sowwyyy.
>>
>>8741569
I only have one Shirley Temple piece and it was snug on my 88cm bust. I've since lost a few cm and it fits alright. Chances are the bust will be loose on you, but it should be fine. The other thing to consider is the boxy cut. Shirley Temple pieces are cut fairly straight and it's not the most flattering on some people. But again, you sound quite petite so you might be alright.
>>
>>8741433
Goddamn that's beautiful. Congrats!
>>
>>8741433
Is it your first? If so, that's great! I remember being really excited when I got my first brand piece
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 345x437px
Thoughts?
>>
my y!j sellers are really ocd about me leaving feedback immediately- but most of my packages are still being processed by tenso. What should i do? I'm afraid of getting negative feedback.
>>
>>8742114
No, she's too fatired for the strict modelling standards by the Japanese brands
>>
>>8742090
She's still playing catch up after the eat your heart out release. The last FB update said she'd just finished up September orders before the move.
>>
>>8742447
IW is really starting to bore me...I feel like all the prints follow the same two concepts: random stuff in rows or fantasy night sky wannabes. I'm missing nice florals like anniversary and marine rose. At least I still love their non-print stuff, even though that's also pretty repetitive...but I'm a sucker for sailor/military stuff, so that's okay.
>>
>>8742447
Wow I thought that was fucking strahov library in the thumbnail way to be creative IW. The underbust strahov library in chocolate colorway looks identical
>>
>>8742635
i agree, iw is very cut and paste these days. i like it because i generally never need to worry about cut or size since they're so.. identical, but it's also a bit boring.
>>
>>8742447
It's nice, but sort of formularic? I feel like they've released lots of similar things lately, and I wish they'd do something a bit different, maybe some embroidery, I'd love that. I haven't seen any of the big brands do an embroidered series in a long time.
>>
What do Japanese lolita call different substyles? I know sweet lolita is ama lolita, but what is classic lolita, old school, country, etc?
>>
I'm trying to dream up a coord in the style of Princess Peach (not cosplay, more of a lolita pastiche.)

Does anyone have any pieces that spring to mind?
>>
>>8742447
Prefer the other cut for being a tad shorter and I don't like tiered skirts as much. I like this print a lot but it's not really something want to buy at retail... Both colorways are really gorgeous, though.

But I agree with the other anons too, it is very very similar to a lot of things they've done lately. At least they're doing more green colorway releases, that used to be pretty hard to find.
>>
Is there a good rule of thumb for level of poof with outfit worn? Like if I'm wearing something more gothic would it have less poof, more at a 45 degree A line angle than say 65?
>>
>>8743235
No, not really. It depends on the overall look of the outfit and how full the skirt is, I've been a perfectly cupcake shaped goth in velvet and brocade, but also low poof A line in older Moitie
>>
>>8743092
Doesn't she buy exclusively Bodyline and / or offbrand?
>>
>>8742275
>>8742324
Thanks! It's not my first brand piece, but it's my first time actually ordering something brand new directly from a brand. So it's got me excited.
>>
File: peach.jpg (549KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
peach.jpg
549KB, 1500x1500px
>>8743352
>>
>>8743352
Not sure if intentional but still fucking kek
>>
>>8743352
Top fucking kek, anon. I hope that was intentional.
But peachie has been buying brand lately anyway.
>>
>>8742983
classic is classic lolita (or kurarori for short), gothic is gothic (or gosurori). I don't think they really split them up further than that.
>>
>>8743384
>>8743675
>>8743702
I'm crying I didn't fucking realize that's what you meant oh my god

well i feel stupid as hell
>>
>>8740649
This so hard. Selling lolita presents is a really shitty thing to do.
>>
>>8743767
Don't worry I'm sure everyone had a good laugh
>>
>>8739433
Can someone identify this wig for me? OP? Gulls?
>>
New thread
>>8744150
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.