[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

International Lolita Day - plans and coords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 11

File: ild.png (36KB, 800x200px) Image search: [Google]
ild.png
36KB, 800x200px
Are you doing something cool with your comm? Maybe you're just chilling by yourself or with some friends/family? What do the coordinates that you're working on look like?

I think it would be interesting to hear nice or horrific past ILD stories too.
>>
>>8734946
My comm has organized a high-tea and Secret Santa gift exchange, followed by a trip to look at Christmas trees!

It'll actually be the first meet I've attended, so I'm hoping that I can easily fit into the group.
>>
>>8734963
I'm really looking forward to this meet as well. It's great when new people come out. We're a pretty friendly group.

My new meta bag came in today to finish my ILD coord.
>>
>>8734978
So I'm assuming that you're another member of the Victoria group? (If that's the case, awesome! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.)
>>
I am going to schoolies on the day so I was going to wear some bodyline to get drunk in but I have sold all the bodyline I don't really like and its not really worth buying anything just for a joke at this point. Really disappointed I'll be missing a nice high tea with my comm.
>>
I'm having my first ILD ever with my comm, I'm super excited

I'm waiting for some stuff to get in for my coord. I am planning on going casual unless my dream dress mails quickly and gets to me
>>
Someone brought it up, but as of right now no planning has been made for it. So I don't really know if my comm is doing anything or not.
>>
I have to work that day so I don't know really what to do honestly...
>>
As far as i know i don't think my comm is doing anything for it but we have a Christmas meet the week after which I'm excited for. I'll probably just wear Lolita out somewhere with my boyfriend. I think I'll probably finish my Christmas shopping that day.
>>
File: B38JS230-ww.jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B38JS230-ww.jpg
80KB, 480x640px
We're organizing a nice lunch for my comm. Unfortunately for having so many members in our comm, not many committed to attend, so we're buying things like raffle prizes and gift bags out of pocket. We did get enough tickets sold to at least cover food and venue rental, though I wanted to do so much more. Oh well. Aside from that I am really excited. Im thinking about wearing a Shiro coord. It's indoors, so my brand should be safe. We have a few crafty members in our comm so I am really excited to see what everyone is wearing. I know there's a few salty bitches in the comm, but we're working really hard to make a really fun event for everyone, so i hope it turns out well and everyone enjoys themselves!
>>
I'm working all day so I'll probably just buy something nice when I get home to compensate
>>
>>8735831
SF?
>>
We're going to a Christmas market in a historic district of the city, followed by dinner.
>>
>>8735902
Hello Scotland !
>>
>>8735902
Or southern Ontario?

I'm excited as it will be my first time at a Lolita event - my good friend has been helping me with my coord! I can't wait!
>>
>>8735010
Just be responsible and don't spill anything on your dress or get so drunk you might throw up in it. I went on a 3 day Amsterdam crawl in my brand and not a spot on anything
>>
>>8734946
Is there multiple ILDs? I feel like there was one just two or three months ago..
>>
>>8736216
Yes. One is in June, the other in December.
>>
I wish Chicago was doing something. It just happened that no one planned a meet that day, and it kind of bums me out.

>Life has been to hectic for me to jump in and plan it this time around.

Oh well, maybe next one!
>>
>>8736222
Aww. I wish I wasn't working so I can join you. Maybe plan something small - a little get together someplace for lunch or coffee. I'm a fan of the Pinecone Cottage. Idk if you're close to anyone in the comm, but I'm sure you'll have fun even if you end up doing your own thing.

idk, Chicago's got a lot of places. I've been meaning to check out a gourmet hot chocolate bar.
>>
>>8736227
Oh! Where is the hot chocolate bar? I've heard of that place and never been. I'll probably be around town and post a call out for anyone who wants to try and impromptu meet, though I think it's best we didn't try something huge so soon after the tea.
>>
>>8736222
no one planned anything for my comm's summer ILD either this past june, so I took initiative and just had a last-minute, modest meet-up. it was quite small but me and the people who went had a nice time! plus it was just nice to celebrate the day with other lolitas.

I don't know if by hectic you mean you can't even find time to attend one if there was one, if you mean you just didn't have the time to sit down and plan something big, that's fine too - maybe pick 1 or 2 things the comm would like and do it! for example, visit a museum the comm hasn't gone to yet or a museum the comm enjoys, and then go out for a lunch or a nice cafe. likewise, even just a lunch or dinner could be nice too. doesn't need to be a big extravagant tea, just something so people can get together with the comm.
>>
I'll be at Winter Lumiere and they recently posted that there will be photo ops, a scavenger hunt, and a coord contest. I'm still deciding what to wear (something long sleeved and elegant perhaps) and I'm debating if I should enter the contest.
>>
>>8736230
>Mindy's Hot Chocolate.
Wicker Park. You could also visit A Baker's Tale just for the sweets or a light lunch.

>Julius Meinl
Southport and Addison, Lincoln and Montrose or 4115 N. Ravenswood.

>George's Ice Cream and Sweets.
Andersonville

>Xoco.
449 N. Clark

>The Walnut Room at Macy's on State.
There's also the Christkrindl Market and The French Market as someplace to visit that day.
>>
>>8736253
Oh yeah and Hot Chocolate's on Bucktown.
/polite sage
>>
>>8736256
>>8736253
Thank you, I really appreciate it! I haven't checked out any of these places yet, so these would all be something nice and new.

>>8736233
Thanks for the suggestions, you've got some really good ideas there. I think a small "whoever-can-make-it" lunch or dinner will be the route I'll go. I've been able to attend meets, but unfortunately didn't have the time to plan anything out this time around.
>>
>>8736186
but I'm young and irresponsible.
>>
>>8734946
Sad to say my comm hasn't been on the ball for this so there's no official meet planned. Other comm that I like to visit has a nice meet planned, but it's a 3 hour drive. I think a couple of friends and I will dress up and have tea/lunch together. It should be really nice! I'm excited to wear a brand new coord and see my friend in one of her dream dresses.
>>
>>8736243
Honestly the coord contest from this year's summer ild could've been organized a hell of a lot better.

But damn those prizes were good.
>>
>>8736167
Different anon, but I'm coming in from out of town for the southern ontario meet and I'm stoked. :)
>>
Dress up day for me since I can't make it to my comm's event. Damn remote living.
>>
I'm hoping to put something together for my comm, but I have no ideas and I'm afraid that if I put something together no one will show up. I might just do the kamakazi girls drinking game a seagull made up last ILD
>>
Does one have to go OTT for ILD? I've never been to one before and I'm wearing all offbrand/indie things
>>
>>8737336
I don't think so. Personally, my comm is having a big/nice event, so I know I'm going more OTT cause I think it will be fun to. But I think you should just wear a coord that makes you really happy.
>>
My comm is going to a christmass market. I'm really nervous because the only other meet I've been to was a super casual meet at an arcade. I'm a newbie so I hope I make new friends etc..
>>
Dress up and go have some hot chocolate and go to my town's christmas market. I'd like to hang out with other lolitas, but I have no lolita friends and no comm, so oh well.
>>
My comm isn't doing anything, and I'll likely be busy with school, but I would like to dress up and go out for coffee and sweets or something.
Maybe I'll just watch Kamikaze Girls while I finish my secret santa projects instead though.
>>
I kind of wanted to wear something but I'm going to be in NYC for the day with my mother, and I don't think I have enough clothing to scrounge up a coord for cold weather. I think it'd be really awkward to half-ass it in that kind of area.
>>
>>8738211
Sounds like SOL. There is a lot of people going so it will be that people will split up in groups. We cant walk around together. But talk to people and generally no one will mind you following.
>>
I was really excited when my comm came around and planned a meet, but I recognized the location and know it's a very casual place in a not-so-nice part of town. Now I'm bummed. I would feel uncomfortable there but planning my own meet would look silly/it would look like I was trying to compete.
>>
File: 1438286517574.jpg (148KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1438286517574.jpg
148KB, 500x335px
My comm won't be doing anything because this year ILD coincides with a national family/children's holiday that I will not be celebrating this year due to reasons, so I guess I'll just get dressed up at home, drink hot chocolate and watch Kamikaze Girls or something.
>>
I got my stuff for my coord, and none of my colors match, so I'm going for my back up coord
>>
>>8735033
Which comm?
>>
My comm is having a meetup for ILD, and I'm making goodie bags for it. I also have the week/weekend from hell, so I have my coordinate planned a full week in advance. Which never happens. I literally have to go pick up a pair of tights and put some flowers on some bobby pins and I'm done.

I'm weirded the fuck out. I'm never this prepared.
>>
We're getting closer!
>>
I'm pretty excited for ILD. I've been crafting all week to make new accessories for my coord.
>>
>none of my lavenders match
Fuck my life
>>
>>8736347
What were the prizes for summer ILD?
>>
I'm kinda freaking out. My original coord fell through, I kept trying to make it happen then realized at the last minute it probably wasn't going to happen successfully. I have another coord I can get together but I wish I was wearing something else. I have something in the mail but I am not sure if it will get here in time for ILD. Poop.
>>
>>8736303
Smoke weed instead then
>>
Going to a tea for it! It's my first actual meet, so I'm excited. I made a nice Christmas coord, I just need to fix any slight annoyances.

Also got my first pair of circle lenses, so I'm gonna try those out, as well!
>>
with quite a few other gulls, ILD being my first meet ever.
Also being the first time wearing lolita out.
I'm really nervous and my social anxiety is telling me to bail, but I've already passed on a few meets.
The comm seems super nice, I'm just a huge hermit.

I don't even have a clue what to coord either.
Not with it at all.
>>
I was originally planning to go see The Grudge with a friend on ILD as theres a japanese film festival on this weekend, just found out today that she's double booked herself and everyone else is busy. Had my co-ord ready and everything FML.
>>
File: 492375492352.jpg (141KB, 282x481px) Image search: [Google]
492375492352.jpg
141KB, 282x481px
If anyone living in the US has a Bank of America card their free museum admissions day falls on the same Saturday as ILD. Depending on the state there are some really nice ones participating, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to spend a couple hours looking at artwork in a nice coord.
>>
Doing casual and going to a piano bar with my gals for dinner and drinks. It'll be nice to not feel like I need to go OTT since we're not going to be secluded in our own spot like we normally are for ILD. Not sure how I'm going to like this restaurant since I tend to dislike places with loud music (when I'm with my friends it's time for chatter and gossip) but since I didn't organize it I can't complain.
>>
>>8739694
Another Dutch person?
I kinda wish we had something planned, I mostly want an excuse to wear an outfit.
>>
>going to nice event with group
>organizer pays out of pocket for a group rate
>a few people dropped out before reimbursing her for their tickets

her trust and optimism: gone
>>
>>8745587
i would have enjoyed that kind of thing, damn
>>
>>8745965
Same. I can't go to the Summertales party and afaik there's nothing else planned for a while. I just want to get frilled up with some other girls and hang out casually or something.
>>
>>8746014
Never do this. People will always flake out of every event. If I'm planning for an event I'll do a group rate if enough of my closer comm friends are going, but otherwise it's a disappointment.
>>
>>8746115
for real, there will always be flakes no matter what. even with ticketed/paid-for events, there is bound to be at least one person who does not make it for some reason or another. never never never do anything that requires money without taking deposits from people and make it non-refundable after a certain date.
>>
>>8744903
Like prizes overall or coord prizes?

I don't remember a lot from the raffle but there was a lot, I remember there being an automatic honey necklace and lots of accessories from indie designers.

Coord contest winner got a set of macarons, a Pullip doll and a tea set.
>>
Going to a tea room with my comm. I have a new dress and blouse to wear, so that's pretty exciting.
Looking forward to meeting new people since I'm still relatively new.
>>
I'm still waiting on a bunch of commissioned jewelry to come in either tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone planning on a special coord for the occasion?
>>
>>8748275
I need to go out and buy a few more flowers for my hair. Im wearing a dress a bought during the summer (SDC) but neber got around to wear. I've never worn these colors before so I'm a bit nervous. Gotta go pick up some decorations in between shifts at work tomorrow for ILD. Hope everything works out!
>>
>>8744886
The struggle is real. I know your feel, anon.
>>
>>8748804
I was warned, but did not listen
Fuck
>>
>>8746315
Ugh, this. I paid for a tea party recently and when the day came around I was sick and couldn't make it but I was happy to have paid bc I helped secure the venue and food for everyone else who attended.
>>
This is really exciting. My Comm is having a meetup at Neiman Marcus for tea tomorrow. I've been banned from the Comm for over a year now and was able to get a ticket from a friend.

Everyone is going to be surprised when I show up.
>>
>>8749083
Aren't they just going to kick you out?
>>
>>8749083
Why the fuck are you so desperate to spend time with people who obviously don't want you around?
>>
>>8749083
Have fun when the both of you get kicked out you psycho bitch lol which comm is this? Someone should tell them.
>>
>>8749102
>>8749083
NVM I just searched for it on FB. Sounds like this could be MB? Be careful SF.
>>
>>8749083
Seriously? You're gonna be *that* person? You must be so desperate and sad.
>>
File: 1417587281096.png (103KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1417587281096.png
103KB, 1198x1200px
>>8749100
>>8749102
>>8749107
>>8749108
>>8749109
>>
>>8738211
The setting should give you lots of chances to meet people and move along if you encounter anyone unfriendly. There's lots you can ask about, like their holiday plans, gifts they need to buy, etc., to help break the ice, along with the usual lolita comments & questions about the other person's style and coordinate.
>>
>>8746014
Sorry to hear about this. Our comm had to implement a punishment system because so many people bailed on meets with tight RSVP lists (like going to a cafe that can only seat 12 people, then 3 people don't show up last-minute when there are other people who would have taken their place if they'd given any notice about not being able to attend). We always do pre-pay for events where the organizer has to put down a deposit, and you can only get your deposit back if you find someone else to take your spot.

Having to enforce rules like that sucks, but unfortunately: people.
>>
>>8749128
It could be bait but I'm pretty sure MB was caught posting here before. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him or some other SF lolcow.
>>
>order wigs during Black Friday sales
>receive notice with tracking number yesterday
>2-day priority mail, so should arrive in time for ILD!
>check tracking today

They created the shipping label but didn't send it out...?
>>
>>8749178
Same boat, anon. I ordered from an etsy seller in Florida on the 25th. Head chain is already made. Shop policy says it should take 1-2 days to ship out and 3-5 to arrive once it's shipped. Apparently it won't get to me until Dec 7th. The fuck.
>>
Going to a lunch meet. I'm happy with my coord aside from accessories; I can't find the jewelry I wanted to wear and haven't been able to locate any suitable replacements on such short notice. So my coord is going to be a little plain, but that's how I prefer to wear lolita most of the time anyway. I'm not very active in my comm at all and feel a little awkward, but I am excited to see some friends and hopefully meet new ones.
>>
>>8746022
I think I'll just wear frills anyway. Will be doing Sinterklaas with my parents. I hope they like frills...
>>
>>8749163
It appears the organizers are double checking with everyone who bought tickets. Just to make sure no banned crazies show up to the event.

Lets hope MB doesn't show up tomorrow.
>>
I don't know if I want to go to the old meetup tomorrow. I just feel really depressed lately, and not even Lolita can lift my spirits.

Also, my planned coordinate is a little outside of my comfort zone, and I'm scared to fuck it up and look ita.
>>
>>8749543
Good for them. I like it when mods actually look out for their comm.
>>
>decided to make a coat
>never made a coat before
>ruined fabric beyond repair immediately
>now making new coat the day before ILD
>shoot me
>>
>>8749993
I wish you luck
>>
I just found out that my comm had a secret meet, from girls who are posting their coords on Facebook.
tfw I'm too ita for my comm
>>
>>8750014
Not 100% sure which comm you are talking about, but I feel like we might be in the same.
The girl who organised todays tea offered the spots to those on her friends list first before asking the comm, because she didnt want to be at risk of flakers and having to cover extra $$ for those who didnt show.
But all spots were taken before she could offer it to the comm.
It doesn't necessarily say anything of you, just the organiser doesn't know you well enough.
I feel bad that people felt left out, but I don't think it's wrong that she didn't want to risk chasing money from people she didn't know.
>>
>>8749993
As someone who frequently spends the day before/of an event finishing my clothes, I believe in you!
>>
>>8750014
>>8750060
Don't take it personally, i'm sure it wasn't intended to be a "secret meetup" or anything like that, i think it's as other anon said, she just invited people she knew first but spots filled up quickly. And the venue wasn't huge. There is another meet tomorrow?
>>
>>8750014
I wasn't invited either. It's rude to call it a ILD meetup and not invite the community.
>>
>>8750171
>>8750014
Wow I would hate to be apart of your comm. You both sound entilted as fuck. So what. Some chick had a meet with just her friends and didn't invite you? Boo hoo. Did either of you bother to try and make a meet instead of just whining that you weren't invited? I bet not.
Go and cry to your mommy because the big ugly lolitas are being mean. Itas.
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 481x262px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 481x262px
>>8750171

It wasn't even a community event. It was a private meet and friends of the people she invited were allowed to come along. The people I see bitching about it on Facebook should wonder why their friends (who were definitely invited) didn't bother including them.
>>
>>8750171
Meeting up with some friends who are lolita ≠ meeting up with the community.

Just because we wear the same style of clothes and are part of the same city's fashion club doesn't mean we're friends and you are entitled to hang out with me and my friends when we meet up. It's not rude at all, don't be an autist.

I'm not any of the people involved in this particular instance BTW I've just been in the situation a lot. Me and a couple of Lolita's hang out outside of meet ups and some of the community doesn't seem to understand, usually the more socially inept members.
>>
>>8750193
I just saw this pop up on my newsfeed, what I find most hilarious is that Teagan is having a cry about being a mod and not being invited.
Bitch you haven't attended a meet in over a year, why are you still even a mod? You are completely irrelevant, get over yourself.
>>
>>8750193
This. I was invited to the event but couldn't make it. The girl invited most of her friends and encouraged others to invite their friends, possibly to weed out flakes and strangers. If you didn't get invited it's probably because no one knows who the fuck you are.
>>
>>8750193
I could have believed you had it not been called an International Lolita day meetup.
>>
>>8750196

Teagan's so out of touch she doesn't even know she's not a mod anymore.
>>
>>8750193
Oh my god, nobody should have to hang out with anyone JUST because you wear the same style clothes. This is beyond ridiculous, I've never seen such a level of social awkwardness. It's like saying "it's rude for goths to hang out unless they invite ALL the goths in the city." I swear out of all the alternative fashions lolita has the most autist.

I'm a lone lolita, I don't even see the point of meet up with people just because you wear the same clothes. But assuming I met a lolita I hit it off with, I'd like to have the freedom to hang out with her without having to invite ALL Lolitas in the city, that's ridiculous. I don't understand the offence at a private meet specially if there are events being held that are open to everyone.
>>
>>8750198

It's just a name, anon. You can celebrate ILD without inviting everyone. Melbourne comm didn't even start celebrating ILD until last winter.
>>
>>8750203
>>8750196
Why do you have to air this out on cgl? What did she ever do to you? You obviously think you're more relevant to the community and probably attended the meet in question. Have you ever tried being a mod? No. You'd rather sit on your fat arse and complain on the internet.
>>
>>8750206

Bro, I'm not the one complaining about not being invited to a tea party.
>>
>>8750204
>I don't understand the offence at a private meet specially if there are events being held that are open to everyone.

This. It's not like the community is now exclusive. There are still community events being held that are open to all who partake in the hobby but you aren't entitled to private meets between friends.
>>
>>8750092
Oh thanks! I did this to myself last year too. The coat is going to be really really lovely though. The theme is Victorian country Christmas, so I decided to make a riding coat! If it turns out it'll be really lovely.
>>
>>8750193
Most of the issue is over linguistics. Dont't call it a comm meet if it's a private meet. It makes the comm in to an exclusive comm and we don't want that.

I have no problem with people hanging out outside of the community. But if they made an exclusive community where you have to be invited, it would rub me the wrong way.
>>
>>8750256
They basically made an exclusive comm meet and are now claiming it was a private meet in order to not look like elitist.
>>
>>8750257
How big was the meet and how big is your comm?
>>
File: Capture.png (387KB, 781x291px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
387KB, 781x291px
>>8750256

It wasn't called a comm meet, though? People just got upset because one or two attendees posted coord shots saying they were having tea with the comm.
>>
>>8750256
>>8750257
....but isn't an "exclusive" meet the same as a "private" meet. Like, it's literally the same bullshit, why are you offended at one and not the other? lol
>>
>>8750260
Private implies a close circle of friends. Exclusive implies you're too ita to attend.
>>
>>8750261

The whiners who weren't invited aren't even Facebook friends with the host. How can you exclude someone you don't even know?
>>
>>8750258
There are like 50 people max who are active in the comm and attend meetups. There was 40 people invited to the tea party and people were encouraged to invite friends, it was a prepaid event too with a deadline. The max the venue could hold was about 25.

>>8750257
Elitist, kek. There was lots of genuinely lovely people in the comm who attended the tea party, sorry you didn't find out about it in time, but if you're going to be so salty maybe it's for the best.
>>
>>8750267
Lol inviting 40 out of a comm of 50 sounds exclusive as fuck and not private at all.

The way you're sassying and to the girl who's upset over not getting and invitation honestly very elitist.
>>
>>8750280

50 max active. Actual number is 226.
>>
>>8750267
>sorry you didn't find out about it in time, but if you're going to be so salty maybe it's for the best.
>find out about it in time

More like she wasn't invited at all. And it's really douchy to rub it in like that.

Pic related, I seriously read it in her voice.
>>
>>8750287
Who the fuck cares about the inactive members, they might as well not be in the comm. It makes absolutely no difference on the point being made.
>>
>>8750267
>>8750280

A fifth of the attendees aren't even in the fucking comm.
>>
>>8750280
>>8750288
The point is, someone is always going to miss out. You can't please everyone, and organizing something which is on the higher end of price range is difficult with flakes etc. You can't just invite the entire comm and have 60 maybes and 50 "attending" but not paying or deciding they want to back out at the last minute. It's different for things like picnics because it doesn't really matter how many people show up.
>>
>>8750280
>>8750291
If >>8750295 is correct then you need to chill. It wasn't a "comm meet". It wasn't "elitist". It sucks to get left out but if your response is to throw a fit about how "elitist" the attendees are then that's probably a pretty solid indicator of "someone I don't want to invite to my private meets."
>>
File: is you mad.png (173KB, 322x478px) Image search: [Google]
is you mad.png
173KB, 322x478px
>>8750206
>>8750257
such drama
>>
HAHAHA THIS IS FUCKING GOLD
I LOVE YOU MELBOURNE
>>
>>8735902
>>8736167

I'd like to go..I've never been to a meet before. All I have is bodyline or offbrand though, would I still be accepted into the comm? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
>>
>>8750267
Damn melbourne this is fucked up.

Inviting more the half the community and leaving the rest out is douchebagery. I understand there might have been limited space but a fair approach would have been first come first serve not invite only. It's not really a private get together when more than half of the comm active members are involved, it's exclusivity. I agree it's pretty damn elitist.

I'm glad it's not my comm desu
>>
>>8750792

They weren't invited because they weren't Facebook friends with the host. How is this difficult to understand?
>>
>>8750792
Actually, the host and the whiner had about 20 mutual lolita friends, all of them invited to the meet, and about half attended - maybe the whiner should reevaluate her actions and friend choices, and why not one out of 20 something mutuals invited her, or let her know about it.
>>
>>8750802
> It's not really a private get together when more than half of the comm active members are involved, it's exclusivity

How is THIS difficult to understand?

It wasn't a private invent for the hostess' friends only. Attendees where incuraged to bring their friends according to posts further up. It was an exclusive, invite only community event.
>>
>>8750806

>Attendees where incuraged to bring their friends according to posts further up. It was an exclusive, invite only community event.

Have you stopped to wonder why the whiners weren't invited by their friends?
>>
>>8750824
That doesn't matter. Your attitude is proving what an ilitist bitch you are.
>>
>>8750827
>>8750806
>illitist
>incuraged
We may be elitist but we know how to spell.
>>
>tfw your comm is really small and people never turn up for meets
>>
>>8750829
English is not my first lenguage, I can speak three languages. So as far smarts are concerned, I win. But at least you can spell in one language.
>>
>>8750833

Mangling three languages doesn't make you a genius, anon. At the end of the day you're still arguing over a fucking tea party on a Tibetan cartoon board.
>>
>>8750851
I never said I was a genius. But I'm definitely better than the bitch who thinks she's better than me because I had a typo lol
>>
>>8750851
>>8750859

Different anon here, but misspelling or multilingualism are beside the point. You're both showing poor debate skills, though.

It honestly sounds like the host set up a private meetup, and one or two attendees posted "going out with the comm" without realizing it was not a comm event OR not thinking of the implications of such wording to other comm members who saw the posts.

Don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity.
>>
>>8750867
That's not at all what happened did you even read the thread?
>>
>>8750833

Not even Aussie here, but I can see why you weren't invited.

I'm multilingual as well, but I don't use it as an excuse to claim that I "win" "so far as smarts are concerned". If that's your general attitude, then yeah, I'd be making my own meets to exclude you as well.
>>
I just want to say that the words of a few here doesn't reflect the thought of the entire community. I'm honestly embarrassed at how insensitive and holier than thou some of the posters here are being towards the girls who's feelings where hurt by the lack of invitation. And contrary to what some anons might be implying, no one was not invited because we disliked them. Most of us didn't extend the invitation to anyone we weren't close friends with. If you didn't get invited it was because you where not close to anyone going, not because you are a bad dresser or because you are disliked at all.
>>
>>8750873
I'm not Aussie either. Anon was implying she was smarter/better than me because I had a couple of typos. So yeah Lol no, I win that argument.
>>
>>8750882

Actually all they said was that they can spell.
>>
>>8750882

Let it go. Can we please go back to talking about hurt fee-fees?
>>
>>8750884
>implying:
To strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated).

You're very socially inept aren't you?
>>
>>8750882
>>8750884
A few extra tutorials in English comprehension might help, I see.
>>
>>8750871
... did you? Because that's pretty much an exact summary of events as described in this thread.

>host creates event
>host invites friends
>host encourages friends to invite friends
>event goes forward
>a couple of people post to CoF with outfits
>people lose their shit on cgl because they weren't invited and didn't know about the event previously

Private meet ≠ comm event, no matter how many people want it to be one. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>8750893
Some socializing might do you good, I see.
>>8750892
>>
>>8750895
Exclusive meet ≠ private meet.
>>
>>8750897
This! It was an invite only community meet, not a private meet between friends.

But who cares what the Melbourne bitche's do, it's not my comm.
>>
wow alright well ignoring the drama, how was everyone else's ILD? I was seriously stressing at the beginning of the week cause I went from knowing exactly what I wanted to wear, to not knowing at all, to suddenly having a coord the day before. My comm had a nice tea party and I had a lot of fun! The service was super nice and the location was pretty as well. It's starting to become winter here but the weather wasn't horrible either, it was actually quite pleasant. Didn't get bothered by too many normies either.

Did you guys have a nice day? What did you do? What did you wear?
>>
>>8750900
But people not in the community attended, which means it wasn't a "comm meet". Seriously I can't believe people are still fussing over this.
>>
>>8750915
People outside of the comm usually join my comm meets. It isn't unusual for someone to show up with a friend or SOs. Is that not how it's done in other comms?

Anyway it was held on ILD...you know THE day for lolita meet ups. It's kind of hard to argue it wasn't a lolita meet when most of the community was there AND it was on ILD.
>>
>>8750913
Mine was great! I got to wear my new Horror Garden OP, which was a real treat. My comm went to a small cafe for crepes and had a really great turn out. Then my two close friends and I went to a fancy hotel downtown for drinks/photo ops. Really great day. I hope you all had a wonderful ILD!
>>
We had a meet at a teahouse and we had the whole top floor to ourselves. They also had a free carriage ride across the street that we all piled into! Food was awesome and everyone looked super great.
>>
>>
>go to comm meet
>win best handmade coordinate
>wig is giving me the worst headache ever so I'm in a huge hurry to get home
>dress has super long tails on the waist bow
>hop into car, gather up skirt but forget the bow tails
>drive thirty minutes home in pouring rain
>realize one of the tails was flapping in the wind outside my car door the whole way home, muck all over it, stained fabric

Oh well, at least I had fun.
>>
>>8750988
Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you. Do you happen to have enough fabric left over to replace it?
>>
>>8746014
This happens to my comm/group of friends a lot. Sometimes it's because girls have financial issues. If its people I like I offer to pay for their tickets secretly because I'm pretty lucky in life and I love my friends. I just hate seeing people who go to all the trouble to organize an event be left on the hook for hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>8750930
So? Anyone is welcome to make meets in the Melbourne comm, all those that are complaining just want a meet without the effort to host one.
If these people really think its that important to have ILD with their comm, than maybe they should have organised one?
>>
>tfw forgot ILD was today, thought it was next week
>wearing lolita for christmas shopping downtown anyways
>cute cashier at gelato place recognises the style and asks me if i'm dressed up for an ILD meet
>ohshitthatstoday.jpg

well at least i still looked decently cute. will 100% i planned that coord for today
>>
>>8750930
No one is saying it wasn't a lolita meet, people are saying that it wasn't one specifically intended for the comm, and it wasn't. I don't think "girl organizes meet, invites her friends, tells her friends they are free to invite others" makes anything elitist or exclusive - this sounds completely reasonable. It sucks if you didn't get invited, but presumably you would have something planned to do on ILD if you really wanted something to do. After all this only came out after the fact and people got upset after seeing photos.

The complaining about this just sounds awfully entitled, especially given the details that have come out about it. If it had been organized in secret and specific members had been intentionally left out, yes that would have been shitty. Instead it just sounds like a bunch of people didn't get invitations, not out of malice, but out of a lack of closeness to the people already invited by the organizer.
>>
>>8751069
At least you look the part for the day anon.
>>
>>8750833
>lenguage
>language
>in the same sentence
>So as far smarts are concerned, I win.
>>
>>8750014

LOL I think same thing happened to my comm. I don't have evidence yet. I joined the comm recently and was wondering why this comm doesn't have much meet ups and always meet newcomer girls on comm meets.
>>
>>8750977
Basically.
>>
>>8750192
And you sound like a cunt.
>>
I went to mine and it was my first time attending a Lolita event. I was really worried it would be cliquey, and I, going alone, would have a negative experience. However, it was wonderful! I made a lot of new friends, and got to pet a lot of dogs at the market. 10/10 day
>>
>>8751142
our comm is pretty gr8
>>
>>8751001

Hopefully it'll wash out, the fabric is dark red so hopefully nobody will notice if there's some darker fabric down at the end.
>>
My day was really nice! My friend and I had organized a larger meet and it went better than expected. Only downside is that I spilled coffee on my dream dress but I don't think it'll be too difficult to get the stains out.
>>
>>8750913
Same! I had a total blast at my first ILD. The location was stunning, the food was cool, and the gift exchange was amazing!

I had a lot of fun with the comm, no issues whatsoever. It was likely the best meet I've ever gone to
>>
>>8751142
Did you attend ILD with the Houston comm, by chance?? HLC went to a vintage market and as a bonus, pet many puppers.
>>
>>8751247
>>8751156
>>8751142
I think it's pretty obvious the comm, first gull.
>>
>>8751247
No, Melbourne
>>
Happy International Lolita Days to Lolitas around the world~! <3
>>
>>8750193
what is it with victorians and being whiney babies
>>
>>8736243
I'll be there too, I have no idea what to wear. The dress I intended on wearing hasn't arrived yet.
>>
>>8750938
Hi Idaho comm anon. I saw pictures on my feed. Looked fun!
>>
>>8745587 so the most lolita thing I did today was dinner at a restaurant called seagulls, and it wasn't even particularly salty, ah well at least I have a coord for next year.
> apologetic sage for not my blog
>>
>>8751142
Same, it was a very fun experience, though the people in my table were very unsatisfied with the restaurant's service and the food. I don't understand very well why, everything was fine for me. On a side note, I wish I split a bit more from my "clique", but oh well.
>>
>>8751639
*mine was a very fun experience (although not my third meet, not first).
>>
ILD was OK for me. I had plans to hang out with local friends in the morning, then go into the city to see a show.
Local plans fell through, and I really, really missed them. The show was nice, but I couldn't help but look around and think it would have been so much more fun with my comm.
Would not trade you bitches for the world.

I also fell on the way and skinned my knee/ripped my tights, but thankfully no one seemed to notice. Dropped food on one of my favorite jsks too, but it came out ... ILD without your friends is cursed.
>>
>>8751639
Tbh the food isnt the best, we go there because it has the space for large events not because of amazing food. Also the bar the door is cheap.

Im very happy that you guys had a good experience, first meetups being such a big one is hard because you dont get to talk to a lot of people besides quick hellos. I find it better to meet people in smaller meetups. But at least we split up so you had people around you and it wasnt hard to wander into other groups.
>>
Some girl I hate spilled water on me and didn't even notice/apologize. Otherwise my ILD was fun, it wasn't too big nor too small I think it was the right amount of people. I think everyone had a blast.
>>
>>8750203
>>8750206
She's an awful cunt and I'm glad other people are finally saying something about it lol. Don't understand why she's crying when she never goes to meets anyways.
>>
Skipped on mine because I knew it was going to be a mess due to the host, which it was, but now I regret not doing a small meet with close friends.
>>
>>8752079
I was really happy with the meetup as well! I can't wait for the next one. <3
>>
>>8751247
Nope but glad you got to pet some pups as well!
>>8751639
Ah! I'm really happy I sat at a tiny table. We got our own bread sticks (the waitress brought us 5?!! Bless shirring), and there was elbow space Haha.
>>8751699
I honestly didn't mind the food at all. Maybe a bit pricey for the quality (and the wine - $10 for Inniskillin? Jewish, yet I caved) , but it was nice that there we courses per say.

Can't wait for the next meet :)
>>
>>8750895
I don't really mind this format since they are usually to keep problem people out. We have one girl and if she puts herself on going for a small meet up it will get cancelled and this is to only way to prevent you small meet up die a quick but painful death..
>>
>>8750014
>>8750171
>>8750257
>>8750280
>>8750288
>>8750792
>>8750806
>>8750827
I think it's hilarious even the resident ita - Kira/Nerdy/Smiley or whatever the fuck she is calling herself this week - was extended an invite. Clearly if you weren't invited to the meet you are a nobody and no one would have noticed if you were there or not
>>
>>8750206

Teagan, you can't turn down an event and pretend you weren't invited to cry about it on the internet. Your name's still on the list of declines.
>>
>>8751247
We pet aaaall the pups!
>>
How was the LA meet? I skipped because price, but I'm not seeing a lot of pics. Was it awful?
>>
>>8754485
The LA meet was alright. The venue was gorgeous and all of the prizes were really good (boxes of accessories, flower crowns, issues of the most recent GLB and more). My only complaints are that it started late and the food kept running out. I ended up getting a meal after the event because so little was put out.
>>
>>8754485
it was okay. lots of people didn't go and the lighting made photos pretty difficult sometimes. it started an hour late and i thought there were too many mediocre prizes instead of fewer, more special prizes. But I'm just salty like 50% of attendees won prizes and I didn't.
>>
>>8754545
At least you admitted you were just salty.

At least you comm even bothered to put together a meet, mine just let ILD come and go without a peep.
>>
This thread is making me so nervous. I just joined my local comm's FB a few months ago but haven't been able to attend any meets because the few that are held seem to be big ticketed events that sell out quickly, and I'd prefer to attend a smaller one first so I can meet people. I know many of the girls have been meeting up in private from pictures and blog posts, and that didn't bother me as it just seemed like friends hanging out. But now I'm worried that they're having all these invite-only meetups that of course I'm not being invited to because no one knows me yet, and no one can get to know me because I don't get invited to any meetups...
I'm shy, so this is kind of hard/scary for me.
>>
>>8754545
I would of honestly asked a refund if a meet started an hour late. Like wtf were the hosts doing? I am glad I didn't go because of the few pictures I seen, it was just people sitting at tables and couches and talking. They could of done better if they hosted a tea party there from what my friends told me. Plus the venue looked gorgeous from pictures to have a lovely photoshoot and tea party there
>>
>>8754706
>>8754545

- people complained about having too many "tea" meet ups
- people don't want to pay more to ensure a prettier place and better food
- people demand "better" raffle prizes (will only brand do?)

Sometimes I don't think it's possible to win at making a good meet.
>>
>>8754725
But we barely have tea meets as a comm????? I feel like if we have a good meet in a fancy venue with good food, the ones willing to spend the money will do it and pay more and the cheap people just won't go. If the venue from the ILD meet had food, fewer raffle prizes but better ones and was more than $65+, I would pay for it and I am sure others would as well. But then there is always those cheap girls who never want to spend on anything so you are right that we can honestly win for a good meet.
>>
>>8752962
I used to look up to the Melbourne community they're amongst the best dressed, but holy crap they're such bitches.
>>
>>8754691
Melbourne's "popular girls only" meet is not the norm in any way shape or form. Surely you can see the storm it caused? I'm sure they're just privately hanging out and once you join the community you can have lolita friends to hang out too!
>>
>>8754734
Oh no I'm not referring to this comm's particular wants. That's just what I've picked up on reading general comments about meets on cgl. I feel sorry for meet organizers.
>>
>>8754806
I've already joined the community though, that's the thing. I've been a member of the official FB group for two months and so far one large event (sold out by the time I joined) has come and gone and two others have been announced, one for Christmas (sold out last month) and one very large one in spring next year (sold out within a day as far as I can tell). Either this comm does not hold smaller meetups or they do it privately. It wouldn't surprise me since there are a LOT of people in the FB comm and it would probably be more practical to have a smaller secret page for only the active members or something. I can understand why they would do that, but it sucks to be on the outside looking in.
>>
>>8754863
Get out of the mindset that friends hanging out together is now a 'secret' meetup. It is not like people have to invite everyone and if you have big meetups often then there is no reason to complain. If things are selling out in a day I highly doubt there is a way to manage a public smaller meet.
>>
>>8754863
You could also offer to host a smaller/casual meet, if no one else in the comm organizes those. Pick a cute coffee shop, figure out how many people could reasonably attend based on the coffee shop size, and invite folks on a first-come, first-served basis. Or invite folks to a movie screening, afternoon at a local museum or art gallery, etc. Set a cap of 6-12 people so it doesn't get overwhelming. Let people know that you're new and want to make friends before you start attending larger events.

Be the meet you want to see in the comm.
>>
>>8754863
The obvious solution is to organize your own meet. If the comm is as big as you say, you will surely have been interested in going. If you're not confident in your planning ability, make it limited to first 10 or 15 people who pay for their "ticket" (I highly recommend you find a restaurant or whatever that will do a prix fixe for a group and charge that (+ tip if your country does that) and everyone has to pay in advance, no refunds if they drop out with less than X days before the meetup or no replacement can be made to fill their spot. Organize a waitlist and if someone drops out you can pull from the waitlist.
>>
>>8754822
what people complain about on cgl doesn't work through every community you numb nut
>>
>>8751506
You should come to our next meet! We're planning on going to Leaf a lot more often.
>>
>>8745587
The grudge is an awful movie, so it's not the biggest loss.
>>
I'm surprised no one has posted more ILD pics yet.
>>
>>8760312
friends don't post friends or whatever.

i didn't get a full outfit shot, just a selfie and some shots of me in a group, so i cannot selfpost.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.