[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Propgasem...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
Hand forged scissor blade made from a bundle of scissors. Fucking hell, why do I even try to compete any more...
>>
Technically a costume but fuck me... That is epic.
>>
>>8734407
The people who do that are professional black smiths, i don't think that's anything to beat yourself up over about.
>>
>>8734423
Yea man, they get requests all the time for improbable weapons. Plus it's also hard for them to wield them cuz they use metals. They did Cloud's sword and barely could lift the fucker.
>>
>>8734428
My favorite was the Fierce Diety Sword and how they admitted it was garbage because it had no core.
>>
>>8734465
I love when they try anything from Riot and kinda just scratch their heads.
>>
>>8734428
To be fair, Cloud was a Mako-super-steroid-infused monster. The thought of someone strong enough to wield the replica they made effectively is pretty terrifying.
>>
>>8734407
That was the build where I really loved them more than the other guy.
The first guy, Tony, is very practical-minded so it's understandable that he would do it the simplest was possible. But it's just more impressive to watch something get actually forged from scratch and shaped by hammer blows rather than just cut out of a sheet with a bandsaw.
Also love how Saber's Excalibur was made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcVmGb_ff4
>>
>>8734479
It was pretty fun to watch them attempt to swing it around.
>>
Even though they brought in cosplayers for Diana and Leona's weapons nothing they make is meant for cosplay or really anything else except collections. It was amazing that they managed to make Sephiorth's Masamune but it at the end of the day it was extremely floppy and impractical. A cosplayer needs to be able to lift and transport their stuff so it's a completely different skill set.
>>
>>8734625

I miss having tony around. I remember dropping that series when they moved on to other peole and they did weird combination weapons that no one asked for
>>
>>8734666
I missed that one but I can see that easily. It's too long correct?
>>
>>8734669
Yeah, I'm glad they've moved beyond the weird combo weapons and are doing their own thing the way they want to do it.
>>
>>8734666
Leona'a sword looked amazing, but I was really disappointed in Diana's. It was so flat and... not detailed. Just looked like a curved sheet of metal to me. I know it's because they had different guys doing it who weren't as experienced, but still.
>>
>>8734407
Compete with what? A literal blacksmith whose trade is making hand-forged weaponry for the movie industry? You're moronic if you seriously think you have to "compete" with a professional workshop.
>>
File: diana-moonsilver-blade-sword-2.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
diana-moonsilver-blade-sword-2.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>8734689
Meh. At least they actually FORGED Diana's sword instead of cutting it out based on a pattern.
Really the most they could have done better to look more like the game item would be to double its thickness for more defined bevels.
But it was already ridiculously unwieldy as it was.
And if you want to see flat, look at what some vendors are selling.
>>
They're talented as fuck but honestly, using actual melted scissors for the scissorblade was a terrible idea. You could still see the texture from that in the end product but it's supposed to be completely smooth. I'm always impressed by their stuff but that was the one weapon I was actually disappointed in.
>>
>>8734825
Well they showed how to get one that would have been completely smooth, but that's not as fun to make nor as interesting to watch.
>>
>>8734825
Personally, I thought using actual scissors was a cool idea. I liked the texture, it added depth and realism. It was also just cool to watch. But that's just my opinion.
>>
File: large.jpg (82KB, 800x372px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
82KB, 800x372px
>>8734825
You bloody idiot...

When you layer steel llike that it creates a Damascus pattern. They have done it with steel cable, and a few other swords, the act of "folding" steel for a Japanese traditional katana is a kind of pattern welding. "Boo hoo it should be smooth..." Go fuck yourself, And forge your own.
>>
File: heroImage_home.jpg (148KB, 1526x542px) Image search: [Google]
heroImage_home.jpg
148KB, 1526x542px
When you layer steel and forge if together it does become smooth. The scissor blade was too. But when you dip it in a light acid bath than these kinds of patterns show up of where one layer of metal begins and another ends. That is why you can see the scissors in the sword they made. It was brought out by the acid bath. In order to show their work. And since most scissors aren't made from a good quality steel the pattern welding strengths the metal considerably.
>>
>>8735381
>what are opinions
You can talk all day about technicalities and how skilled they are (which I did mention, did you not read?) and why they did it but it's not going to change my opinion that it looked like shit. It's fine to disagree like others did but you sound so personally butthurt.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (27KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
27KB, 356x200px
>>8735410
>>
>>8735410
Well when your opinion is based on misunderstanding how something works...
>>
>>8734825
It still cuts and stuff
>>
>>8734825
>You could still see the texture from that in the end product
That was the whole fucking point, you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.