[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arda wig sale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: arda.png (169KB, 948x373px) Image search: [Google]
arda.png
169KB, 948x373px
Anyone else having trouble with this? Sale started 40minuets ago and i've had no such luck with it working.
>>
>>8732269
Read better, retard, starts at 12am Central.
>>
hasn't started yet... it's currently 11:48 CST
>>
File: 1417677061044.jpg (27KB, 307x355px) Image search: [Google]
1417677061044.jpg
27KB, 307x355px
>>8732271
>>8732270
Oh shit my clock is too far foward.
>>
LMFAO CRASHED RIGHT AT 12 CST
>>
File: original[1].gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
original[1].gif
1MB, 500x280px
>this is now a Arda vent thread

>had my two products open in tabs approaching 10pm PST
>10:20 pm PST - oh shit the sale's happening
>refresh the tabs
>of course error message

I can now get onto the wig pages themselves but the pages crash when I try to add the wigs to my cart.
>>
>>8732326
*an Arda, sage for dumb grammar error

Not sure if I should keep hacking away at the site or if I should try again in the morning (will probably end up doing the latter).
>>
File: 1405570171387.gif (334KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1405570171387.gif
334KB, 300x250px
>>8732326
Managed to get a wig in my cart, but it won't let me select a payment option so I can't check out.
>>
>>8732330
Did you do the estimate shipping thing in your cart? That's the only way it let me check out.
>>
>>8732327
I finally managed to pay for my shit after 50 minutes of refreshing constantly. I'd say give it 10-15 more minutes and then maybe call it a night. It's too much of a fucking mess honestly
>>
>>8732332
eventually got through when I went to try this
>>
File: 1359000172112.png (95KB, 339x284px) Image search: [Google]
1359000172112.png
95KB, 339x284px
>>8732326
They made it clear on their Facebook page that they'd be clearing out everyone's carts prior to 10:00 to keep people from doing sketchy shit like buying out all the most common and popular supplies. The rest of your problems are just Arda's site being shit, though.
>haven't bought an Arda wig in awhile
>decide to give it a shot and try one of the Silky wigs since they're 50% off
>kind of sketchy that Silky specifically is 50% off and all sales are final when no other product is like that but whatever, I'll try it
>none of their shit works
>never have this problem with sales on other supply sites
>reminded why I hardly ever buy from Arda
>>
weird... the discount was available early for me.
So I got in on it. SHRUG
>>
>>8732333
Finally made it through (though the "ship to a different address" option wasn't working right so the wig is getting sent to my parents' house, which is still registered as my permanent address).

>yall will make it through too, gulls

>>8732352
>They made it clear on their Facebook page that they'd be clearing out everyone's carts prior to 10:00 to keep people from doing sketchy shit like buying out all the most common and popular supplies.
Which is why I only had the product pages open and hadn't pre-filled my cart with the items - so that when the sale hit, I could refresh the pages (to check stock) and add to cart.
>>
File: 1447187567753.gif (996KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447187567753.gif
996KB, 500x375px
Holy hell that was intense.
It took me 45 minutes of f5ing straight from midnight, but hopefully it's worth it. Now comes the paranoia of receiving that "Your wigs oversold! Sorry!" email.

So what all did everyone get? I managed a clearance color wheel, Eowyn Silky in amber, and classic fringe bangs.

>>8732352
The Silky is apparently in overstock and they're trying to move units, which explains the final sale. Also the line has been 30% off for a while, the price had no where to go but down. Nothing worth worrying over.
>>
related question.....did the arda forum disappear? i used to get to it from the website, so i never bothered to bookmark it and now the wig shop doesn't seem to link to it any more...

on topic....might pick up a lacefront once classic goes to 25% off and if the color i need is still instock.
>>
Has anyone else received their silky order? I got mine and honestly I don't think I'll spring for these again unless they're on sale. They detangle beautifully but so much of Arda's appeal was the wig thickness and matte style. I would put these on par with the look and feel of l'email (which runs about $12-15 for a long wig before shipping).
>>
>>8732659
I got mine. I am pretty lukewarm to it myself. I knew they would be shinier than their regular line but not to this degree, especially the black. The sandstone is not as terrible and at least it is still decently thick.
>>
>>8732668
Yeah same here - I bought two and the white is pretty good but my darker color is a lot shinier than I like. I like the way I can detangle it, but it is definitely not a wig I would pay $40 for though.
>>
Are Arda wigs good for everyday wear, or are they mainly for costumes?
>>
>>8732393
My friend and I placed an order together to save a few bucks on shipping. I got a Leia in Fairy Blonde for Mercedes and my friend got a Jeannie in Silver for Gwendolyn.
>>
>>8732683
mainly costumes, they style wonderfully but aren't very natural looking for casual use
>>
Am I totally bugging, or like are they just not marking the sale price? I want to get three silky wigs but the listing is still full price and not half price. Is it only certain silky wigs?
>>
>>8732716
they explain how the sale works on the Holiday Hype Week page.
>>
>>8732722
And now I feel like a total moron. But thanks still anon.
>>
File: fMniu.gif (994KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
fMniu.gif
994KB, 350x263px
>didn't realize there was a sale
>need Le Tigre in black
>it has a Silky version!!
>all black colors sold out
>closest is Dark Brown/Mocha
>>
I caved and bought my classic wigs early because I don't want to deal with overselling... con is too close to risk that deal. 20% is better than no percent
>>
>>8732847
le tigre classic still has black in stock though, at least
>>
>>8732683
>>8732699
Costume wear.

They tangled way to badly for everyday wear, and aren't very convincing as far as natural wigs go.
>>
Got Natasha in black, Delilah silky black, and Claudia silky mocha
glad that I dealt with refreshing for 45 minutes, hopefully I don't get the oversold notif
>>
So i am def getting a sily wig but idk if i should place another orders for 2 classic wigs when the sale changes to 25% or wait to order my silky now.

Or rather get crappy ok wigs for Toph hair? Thoughts?
>>
Got some silky wefts in Amber to hopefully match an Epic wig, because Epic has been out of the length I need for months. I'll get to compare the fiber at least, Arda is a little faster about restocking than Epic, so I would love if there's an equivalent to Epic's long wigs.
>>
Slightly off topic, but could anyone suggest where to look for more natural looking wigs.
I was thinking about getting the Ferrari in dark brown but now I'm wondering if there might be something better/more natural looking
>>
>>8733123
Lockshop or GLW.
>>
I got a Claudia Silky in Golden Blonde. I wanted a Buttercup but the color I wanted was sold out, but in the end the Buttercup was eligible for a cheaper shipping option, so that was random but nice. $20 for a quality wig is pretty great so I'm surprised they were still in stock.
>>
>>8732659
>>8732668
i got my silky and while its easy to detangle it also tangles like hell, sheds like crazy and its really thin and stupid shiny. i wouldn't buy it at 50% off and would rather take my chances on an ebay wig for the same price.
>>
>>8733209
I got a Jareth Long and it was good. Thick, not shiny, etc. (although I'm still adding wefts bc i need crazy thick hair)
>>
Did Arda do a complete overhaul of the colors? The old peach color is what I want, but is the new one any different? It looks different.
>>
>>8733342
It's a little different. All of the colors are very similar but don't match exactly because it's a different fiber. IMO the darker shades all look a few tones lighter because they're so shiny.
>>
>>8733347
Man that sucks :/ The little difference is just too far off for me. Now peach is extra orangey. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>8733342
There are two lines of fibers now. Pretty sure the Classic line are the same colors with new names. The Silky line are the slightly different color fibers.
>>
Are Epic wigs as shiny as Arda's Silky line? If they detangle just as easily, I might try buying from Epic in the future (I've never tried their wigs).
>>
>>8733519
Epic's wigs detangle suuper easily, but are flatter (still shiny) looking because they don't have the color blends. I love Epic's long wigs though, my Chii wig is from them and it takes maybe 15 mins. to brush out after wearing for a day at a con.
>>
>>8732269
hahaha arda hahahaha
>>
I haven't been keeping up on cosplay stuff as much as I used to so thanks to whoever posted this thread. I went and bought shit immediately after seeing it.

I pretty much ride Arda's dick for anything short or that needs major styling, but don't like most that the classic fibers in longer styles tangle way too much like most others do.

I grabbed a Silky Luthien in Espresso. I was hoping for it to be the resolution to the issues Arda's long wigs have but reading other comments in this thread I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.
>>
>>8733519
Comparison between Epic, Arda silky, and Arda classic in the same color. IMO Epic is definitely less shiny, but Arda detangles better.

I keep wanting to like Epic, but their flat colors just aren't that appealing to me - I'm a sucker for Arda's blends.
>>
>>8734050
Epic and arda have the same fibers but since epic's colors are flat they appear the most shiny
>>
>>8736127
I don't believe that at all. Blended fibers or not the Arda Classic is an entirly different texture/material/quality than Epic.

If you are talking about the Silky vs Epic I can't comment since I haven't got my Silky yet but the Classic Arda fibers are very different than Epics in far more ways than the colorblends.
>>
Any bets on how long arda's site will be down this time?
>>
is the site crashing on anyone else?
>>
>>8736475
Yep. And when you finally make it to the cart, the coupon isn't visible.
>>
>>8736486
well fudge
>>
>>8736491
You can place the full order and email for a refund, according to the FB.
>>
File: 1307049860438.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1307049860438.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
I caved in and made a second order, eek.

Honestly at 60% off silky, the shine won't bother me much because it's comparable in price to a typical taobao wig, maybe cheaper. And there's less a gamble over the shade, the style, etc. Okay, okay, maybe I'm trying really hard to rationalize how much money I've spent on this sale.

>tfw your first order came in today
>so excited to review, take comparison pictures
>but wait
>am 3 hours away visiting family until sunday
>absolutely maddening
>>
>>8736569
My first order came in today as well and I'm pretty pleased. Got a silky Luthien and I'm not particularly put off by the shininess. It's really not much shinier than the classics I ordered, I guess. I decided I'd buy one more silky for a con a few months away since the 60% off knocked it down to like $17.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.