[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - Forsaken Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 14

File: 1420231602799.jpg (97KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
1420231602799.jpg
97KB, 640x641px
Comm Thread >>8716442
Closet of Frills Thread >>8725775
Coord Help >>8689365
Dream Dress Thread >>8694705
Old-School Lolita >>8688812
Price Check Thread >>8683617
Worn Thread >>8690934
Wardrobe Thread >>8716238
Brolita Thread >>8713032
Boystyle Thread >>8697142

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

Misako is buddy buddy with the Leighs (of Anime Matsuri and sexual harassment infamy). I feel so awful for any Lolitas who look up to her but had to deal with the Leighs.
>>
File: 1356623306718.jpg (52KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1356623306718.jpg
52KB, 250x333px
>>8731713
Can we just start shunning Misako?
>>
>>8731719
Please. Lolita is just a paycheck at the end of the day. She doesn't care about the community
>>
>>8731719
I don't know why we didn't a long time ago, seeing her being such great buds with the Leighs is a final straw
But it will never happen
>>
>>8731719
Why?
>>
>>8731719
Gladly. She's had her time and goodness knows there are tons of other models out there who are probably better than her. I can't help but wonder if she's worried she's getting old and panicking, but surely it'd show or she'd be getting fewer jobs, but neither seems to be true.
>>
>>8731730
Because she's literally hanging out with people who are known to have sexually harassed members of the Lolita community. It's not some breakdown in communication or accident either, it was brought to the Japanese Lolita Association (which she's very much a big part of), and they were briefly considering their stance on the matter. She definitely knows everything that has happened. She just doesn't care as long as she gets her money and her dresses.
>>
>>8731719
Absolutely. I never really admired her but I used to think she was pretty cute at least. There's nothing cute about this, I'm legitimately disgusted. Most embarrassing behavior, indeed.
>>
>>8731646
(Reposting since the other one is dead.)

Also where the hell was she when Cadney stepped down BECAUSE of the Leighs? Since she appointed Cadney, I would imagine she would know why Cadney left? Or did Cadney never say anything to her about it? She really should have, so Misako would really have no excuse to do this shit.

I feel like someone should write Misako a letter in Japanese outlining exactly what is going on.
>>
I'm really sorry if I'm completely stupid or out of the loop, but what is the connection between Daniela and the Leighs? I know now that Daniela is the Mexican KA, but didn't John say that it was his wife's shop? And isn't his wife Deneice? How does it all slot together?

I'm really sorry if I'm coming across as really dense, it's probably because I am about this, t.b.h.
>>
>>8731740
>I feel like someone should write Misako a letter in Japanese outlining exactly what is going on.
I'm willing to bet that she knows exactly what's going on. Another anon in the last thread suggested that the Leighs might have paid her well for it, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was enough. Remember briefly after the AM thing exploded she was accepting gifts of coach purses and whatnot from the Leighs? There's something really weird going on between Misako and them.
>>
>>8731748
His wife is still a member of the JLA. John stepped down, but she got to keep her honorary title. So they basically are still pulling Misako's strings and control the JLA (meaning, Daniela is their buddy and sucks up to them for favours and trips).
>>
>>8731748
See the replies to >>8731688
>>
>>8731753
I get it now, thank you! I was just really confused about the whole issue.
>>
>>8731752
Aren't they broke? How can they pay for so much?

Although I am loling at how all the furniture is from Ikea.
>>
>>8731740
I wish other KAs would start stepping down. The whole thing is a farce. The KAs who deserve a title like that don't need it, people probably look up to them anyway.
>>
>>8731740
Someone actually translated the petition into Japanese and sent it to her. Her response was to post to Twitter about how sad she was and couldn't stop crying.

No further posts on the subject were made, and lalala, back to Houston she goes.
>>
>>8731740
Cadney stepped down after trying to talk to Misako and the other KAs to get things straightened out and hopefully oust the Leighs. Apparently she got either vague or no response from the Japanese HQ and Misako seemed pretty whatever about it, so she got discouraged and quit.
>>
>>8731761
>Her response was to post to Twitter about how sad she was and couldn't stop crying.
For some reason this sent my sides into orbit. Jesus. You must be pretty delicate for the position if you can't handle drama that doesn't even involve you directly.
>>
>>8731719
Yes,

May the era of Yui and Midori begin. They're way more adorable and cute than Misako with her banana lips.
>>
>>8731761
Someone should message her again, mentioning all this new stuff whilst recapping on all the old stuff, and beseech her to help.
If we make it seem like we're angry at her for being a stupid hypocrite she'll dismiss us as trolls, but if we appeal to her vanity as a figurehead in lolita that can use her power for the greater good we might get her to feel guilty.

I don't think she would ever do anything to risk her boring walking dress stand persona, but I want to fully know that she knows what is going on.
>>
>>8731761
This just makes her seem even more fake than ever. She obviously doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>8731759
They're professional scammers and extortionists. See the archives for discussion about their past businesses.
>>
>>8731772
Seriously, Midori is so much cuter and more "real" (Misako is like a fucking robot) anyways.
>>
>>8731773
I don't think appealing to her vanity without appealing to her wallet will do us any good. They're providing her with free trips, presents, and a shop devoted to her image. Telling her that they're bad people and thieves (again) will probably result in another round of faux-trauma on Twitter at best, because at the end of the day, they're still paying her.
>>
Didn't someone post a few threads ago that Misako accused Isobe of sexual harassment? Did any evidence of that actually surface or was it just an offhand comment someone made up?
>>
>>8731773
this.

vent your bitter anger on 4chan, but be professional when speaking publicly about what's wrong with the Leighs. make people take you seriously.
>>
>>8731781
Seems like it was BS, I've never heard anything about it other than that one comment.
>>
>>8731782
It's worth a try at least, if anyone is up for it. If she doesn't take that seriously, or just ignores it, then we know that all hope is, indeed, lost for her.
>>
>>8731780
What about getting a petition to boycott Baby and threaten profits instead? Would that do anything?
>>
>>8731787
Same, I sort of feel bad for just bringing it up again in case someone else picks up on it, but I just wanted closure about it I guess.
>>
>>8731780
It will give me piece of mind so that I can finally throw her in the trash section of my brain, though. Kind of like how you want to catch your cheating ex to believe it.

>>8731781
I never actually saw any evidence for that? Searching Isobe in the archives just pulls up a photo of misako really young and someone anon is claiming to be misako's mom
>>
>>8731790
Are baby even involved that hard? I thought this was just Misako
>>
>>8731790
>boycott Baby because Misako's an idiot

wtf? You realise she's just a model, right? Boycotting Baby would hurt Baby, not Misako.
>>
>>8731796
Yeah, leave Baby out of this. Misako is doing this of her own accord. She's not tied to any brand.
>>
>>8731772
Remind me who Yui is again. I see Misako so much these days I can barely even remember Midori's face.
>>
>>8731793
Just to clarify, it's not photos of Misako or Misako's mom, it's Shoko and completely unrelated sorry.
I can't find any evidence about Misako, but it is a really weird thing to make up so I wonder where that rumour even came from.
>>
>>8731800
This is Midori and Yui. Not a great photo, but they're cute.
>>
File: tumblr_nv16mwMOqd1rmhtufo1_400.jpg (71KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv16mwMOqd1rmhtufo1_400.jpg
71KB, 400x533px
>>8731805
Dropped the pic, gdi
>>
>>8731795
>>8731796
I thought she was THE Baby model and spokesperson.
>>
>>8731790
>>8731809
Baby has ended their business ties with the Leighs, that would be fucking stupid.

If anything, boycott the brands still working with them- AP, Meta, Putu...

>implying bitches will give up their precious hyped up AP for morals
>implying anyone buys Putu at all

...Yeah, it's hopeless.
>>
I can't help but feel like you are all falling for something that's almost political. Do you really think Misako is much more than a figurehead and model? If Misako goes away, so what? Why are we going for Misako when there's so much dirt on the Leigh's? The lolita community as a whole couldn't even take care of them.
>>
>>8731736
it's a..draw on in mspaint...
>>
>>8731809
Nope, she models for lots of brands.

>>8731810
Nobody's going to boycott the brands. The word needs to get out AGAIN that the Leighs are trouble. If Misako is shunned for working with them, people are sure to notice.
>>
>>8731815
See >>8731820

Misako has a lot of naive followers. If she says the shop is okay, people are going to believe it. After all, cgl is far more cynical than the average lolita, and there are still people who aren't aware of what shady shits these people are.
>>
>>8731815
>If Misako goes away, so what?
Exactly, but that's all the more reason for her to go away. She's not important, but a LOT of Lolitas respect her and look up to her, which is really sad because she's pretty much giving everyone who knows about the AM fiasco the middle finger.

Spread the word not to shop at the store and why. That's the only way we'll get anything at the Leighs now. I expected the AM thing to be much bigger than it was, but eventually people just didn't want to deal with it and it started to fade away.
>>
Do you think there should be an initiative to get in touch with Kawaii Ambassadors asking them about it? I know it's not nice to drag in people who aren't directly involved, but Misako is representing the JLA, not the brands. The KAs are part of the JLA, and surely it would be an awful kick for them if more KAs started stepping down?
>>
>>8731824
People won't pass up the opportunity to buy the clothes without a ss, so people won't boycott the Leighs.
Getting rid of Misako doesn't get rid of the Leighs.
If you contact the brands about the Leighs, which I honestly think is the best thing to do, it probably just adds to the image of business to the West being too troublesome. We're fucked either way.
>>
>>8731817
I wasn't talking about the picture of Maki, I was referring to whatever the hell Misako is doing.
>>
>>8731828
We're really not fucked. A lot of people were pissed at the Leighs, and that's a lot of people whose business they'll miss out on. Their stock isn't hugely current, so I can't imagine people would bother.
>>
>>8731827
I have mixed feelings here. Mostly that those who haven't stepped down aren't going to step down as long as they feel that they're getting a free ride (ie: Daniela).
>>
>>8731823
>>8731824
I suppose that's true. She does have some unknowing followers. I still think there should be some more focus on the Leighs, though.
I think even if Misako had nothing to do with this, your average naive lolita would be drawn in from brand alone. The real issue is that the Leighs are there and I'd hate to see what could happen to a lone or naive lolita, especially one unconnected to communities like ours.
>>
>>8731831
A lot of people might still be trying to make something good of the KA position, unaware that this is happening.
>>
>>8731734
Okay, i heard about that but didnt they drop those two after the iccidents were made public? You cant just hang someone to die because of unknowing association. Wheres the proof of tour last statement? Because you just sound mad and assume she knew what was goung on since the beginning.
>>
>>8731836
Just go to the loli general thread and see her lovely selfie from the scenic holiday inn.
>>
>>8731834
Oh, for sure. That's why I linked to the "word needs to get out" about the shop being owned by unethical creeps. They're a problem, but having Misako's endorsement is also a problem.

>>8731835
I'm rather doubtful. But it couldn't hurt to try, I suppose.

>>8731836
No. They didn't. John stepped down of his own accord due to pressure from the community, but his wife is still the "manager" of the JLA and honorary ambassador.

Misako was contacted directly by the person who translated the petition into Japanese when this all happened before. Read the comments on the thread (and the last thread) to see how well that went.
>>
>>8731840
>his wife is still the "manager" of the JLA
Wait what? I never knew this. I thought the JLA was run by Japanese?
Surely this alone is reason enough for all KAs to step down? I talk a lot of shit but Cadney was right to get the fuck out of that mess.
>>
>>8731842
The JLA was founded by Misako and she picks the ambassadors. It's her company.

When John and Deniece were announced as honorary ambassadors, they were also listed as "managers" for the JLA, but their duties were not detailed. It was on their little certificates and probably something they added themselves, but the AM situation made it pretty evident that they had a hand in choosing the JLA for the US when Ann was selected.
>>
>>8731810
It's unclear if AP is working with them or not. I would say write to AP and tell them you are scared of john leigh, that he's a pervert. That you are very sad to see AP working with them.

Wasn't there some other shop that claimed to be an AP reseller after just buying up some AP that AP Japan was like lol, no about?
>>
>>8731847
I'm actually sick to my stomach now. This is so disgusting. Misako what the fuck
>>
>>8731848
That was in Europe, wasn't it?
>>
Hopefully this doesn't get buried under the leigh/misako drama but does anyone know if metamorphose will combine orders? During the dozing cat release I bought my jsk first and then some accessories so they're two separate orders and I'd really like to save on the shipping. It doesn't say anywhere on their site and I guess I like to ask around before directly emailing the brands.
>>
>>8731734
So is there a reason why some people are still only focusing on the sexual harassment side of the issue? Yes, it's a horrible thing and yes it still needs to be discussed, but some people talk as if it's the only horrible thing that can be attributed to the Leighs (and it's definitely not). By downplaying their other wrong and illegal behavior it makes this all seem like something that's "just a lolita issue" and gives the average congoer an out as a reason not to care (because for a lot of them they think we're "asking for it" with the way we dress).
>>
lol people acting as if this is the end of the world.
>>
>>8731852
I'm not sure, but that's not a very common thing to do with lolita brands. Particularly for pre-orders, since those tend to be pretty messy/overwhelming.

You could always email and ask, though. Metamorphose has very good customer service for the most part.
>>
>>8731854
Sorry if anything else is being downplayed accidentally, most people only know about that. If you have specifics of other stuff, please share, it would be helpful and relevant.

Didn't their last store close with an absolute ton of debt as well?
>>
>>8731848
>>8731851
Layla's shop? I forget the name but she's a longtime lolcow so probably her.
>>
>>8731807
I love them. They are so cute.
>>
>>8731859
MFashion is her shop, so it may have been her. I thought it was somewhere in France after the AP Paris store situation.
>>
>>8731858
They owed a shit ton of money from a arcade they had. i believe is was over $80k USD and they also did a lot of sketchy shit to the fighting game community and rigged some matches to get money from tournaments. In the end just the lolita comm, they broke up the fighting game comm into smaller groups but most have come back together after some years. But yes, their old store closed due to a huge debt and never paying the rent and other stuff.
>>
>>8731868
Holy shit that's awful. How did that gaming comm thing alone not get them shunned?
>>
>>8731858
John did weird things in the custom car scene too. Something like he was selling B-grade or knock off parts are real to the point where the licensed retailer of that brand in the US refused to import the model he was selling because they didn't want to be associated with him by mistake?
>>
>>8731871
It did. But people OUTSIDE that comm went "oh, I'm sure they're not that bad!" Which is the same thing happening now.

They also were involved in a lawsuit regarding import car parts, but got out of it because their friend invested the funds and they just managed it? Or something? I'd have to go through the archives and find the details, but there was something about sending bootlegged parts from China to customers who had paid for genuine parts from Japan.
>>
>>8731858
At this point there's really no excuse for being out of the loop. This information is all very readily accessible, but since I'm okay with spoonfeeding you, here's a post from the archive:
"John Leigh, Events Manager of Anime Matsuri and husband of Convention Chairman Deneice Leigh, sexually harassed a multitude of women, some of them vendors, in the community, including lying to a model for a photoshoot and telling her when she arrived that she was to perform oral sex on camera. Also:

1) Failed to pay staff of Import Reactor.
2) Got sued by Baker Nissan.
3) Failed to pay out prize moneyNUMEROUS times at Planet Zero.
4) Stole forfeited property after PZ closed and used it at Matsuri 2013.
5) Failed to pay Nightmare the first time around.
6) Did not pay fucking MIYAVI.
7) Ran out of money so he couldn't buy food or pay translators/handlers.
8) Tried to get Nina to leave behind all of her product for his own financial gain.
9) Is suspected of stealing incredible amounts of product from other vendors over the years.
10) Is suspected of pocketing all of the money for this "Japan Helper" initiative that was never set up with either the IRS or the Texas Secretary of State and nothing was heard about where the money ended up after the convention ended.
11) Failed to pay promised cosplay prize money that instead went to the above "charity"."
>>
Okay as im hearing this, does sound shady. How long has this been going on?
>>
>>8731880
Years. But it was brought to light (for the second time) in April this year.
>>
>>8731871
Oh he got fucking joked out of the fgc. To this day John is a laughingstock- if you want to search his old gaming tag, look up emotiongear or just google 'planet zero shoryuken'

Problem is the guys that were involved don't really care to get involved again to spread his rep, they sort of have an attitude of 'well if someone is stupid enough that they're told of what he's done and still believe him, you can't really help stupid', so...
>>
>>8731883
I was talking about the JLA situtation.
>>
>>8731903
Since April-ish, I believe.
>>
>>8731772
Yeah, Misako always looks so dead inside
>>
>>8731878
Also, they owe their business partner who funded the founding of Anime Matsuri.. I'm pretty sure the numbers were upwards of 50k
>>
>>8731772
But isn't Yui also working for the Leigh's. I thought she was attending as a special guest for their hawaii convention?
>>
>>8731800
Yui is adorable. So is Yura PK
>>
>>8731871
Basically what >>8731891 said is true. The girls in the lolita community who support him will support him no matter what until shit gets them hot under the collar or something awful happens to them like getting royally fucked over the Leighs'.

The ones who were involved in the fgc shit storm would also come back to them because in fighting games, you don't play for a few bucks, you literally sometimes play to get thousands of dollars and be set for good for a year or two. So those fuck bags are stunned by many communities due to rigs and John included.

I said this before long time ago and will say it again, if we don't do something soon, we will get more fucked by John and his little group than the fgc.

Also here are many links from the fgc about Planet Zero:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/43718?threads/planet-zero-sbo-qualifiers-are-rigged.43718/

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/162125/planet-zero-arcade-closed-down
>>
Gonna sound so salty in this post but
>don't even live in TX
>Get hounded by tax dept and attorney general for not filing tax reports on a con I didn't even attend
>Leighs can get away with literally thousands of dollars of debt

I legitimately don't understand how they haven't been fucked up the arse about this shit. There are tax records and everything, aren't there?

Texas why
>>
>>8731960
Forgot to post this link to:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/152646/apr-6-2012-texas-showdown-championships-2012-evo-2012-qualifier-the-woodlands-tx/p2

Just to make everything more simple, Texas Showdown is a qualifier tournament for EVO (the biggest and largest worldwide tournament for fighting games where cash prizes exceed well over $35k+ USD per game). John would rig the qualifiers so that his players would win to be near the top 32 usually which is a HUGE DEAL for players. Hell, even some forum pages baned Planet Zero and John from posting and promote this tournaments. The last text post in the forum page linked above by Airbrushking is literally why the fgc hates them and it continues onto page three if anyone is curious to check it out.
>>
Off topic from the Misako and Texas drama, but I'm so happy because I missed the Dozing Cat reservation, but I sent an inquiry to Meta and was able to secure a reservation for the button down dress in my second preferred colorway!
>>
>>8731960
I wonder if we know each other, lol.

I asked Ruu about that one tourney John did that invited Japanese players around I think late Slash-early AC era? that his team won and never got the prize money for at the time. Unfortunately it seems he doesn't remember it that well and can't remember if they ever got paid. I guess they probably gave up on it. He's too nice, I'm so mad he of all people got fucked over by John.
>>
File: winkingalpacaroses.gif (862KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
winkingalpacaroses.gif
862KB, 500x281px
>>8731984
Awesome, anon!
>>
>>8731984
What's the email you used, I emailed meta about a problem with something and never heard back
>>
>>8732013
[email protected]
>>
>>8731772
yesssss midori and yui are the best
>>
>>8731817
You're not very bright
>>
>>8731719
Yes I agree, time to start shunning her. Maybe then she'll get the message.
>>
>>8731773
Yes someone who knows Japanese should do this. Mention that people are willing to shun her for not doing anything too.
>>
>>8731984
Shit I should've done. Do you think its too late?
>>
>>8731878
>including lying to a model for a photoshoot and telling her when she arrived that she was to perform oral sex on camera
WAIT, wHAT? Holy shit, I've heard of all the messages he's sent to other people like Chokelate and Buttcape, but what the fuck is this?
>>
>>8732126
It was pretend oral sex.
Still shady.
>>
>>8731998
I am not in the fgc in Texas or even live in Texas but being in the fgc, this stuff gets around so dang fast. And no, John never paid any winners from 2006 ~ 2007 until like 2010? I don't even remember if hhe even did paid them. It's just like how he never paid some Japanese guest a few years back for AM. Shady af in everything.
>>
>>8732126
Iirc, I believe the model was some cosplayer. They didn't tell her anything until she got there. And please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there an underage cosplay (at the time the event happened) who also came out to say her statement about John and AM?
>>
>>8732129
That's fucking gross that it was ever brought up! What the hell? Is there somewhere I can hear about this particular incident? I can't believe I haven't heard of this until now - I feel so fucking bad for that model. "Pretend oral sex" fucking. That's just. I'm so fucking stunned, I don't know what to say. Other than that it's disgusting and also fuck them.
>>
File: B39HA954-p-480x640_medium.jpg (16KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
B39HA954-p-480x640_medium.jpg
16KB, 180x240px
Does anyone own a baby rose comb? I kinda want one but I'm wondering if the quality is good enough to buy it instead of making my own.
>>
I can't say anything specific because everything I have heard is third hand and told in confidence, but from what it sounds like, John Leigh has had Misako over a barrel, contractually, since before everything went down and because of Japanese business ethics, she's trapped. I'm not saying she's doing the right thing or the ethical thing, but remember who we are talking about here -John Leigh is a master manipulator and has been pulling stuff like this for years.
>>
>>8731772
Midori is so much prettier. I'd rather her than Misako
>>
>>8732166
fuuuuck.
>manipulation
>Japanese business ethics
never good things and definitely not a good combination.
people need to remember this kind of shit, definitely.
>>
>>8732166
If thats true, thats horrible. And now I feel bad for wanting to shun her, especially if its not her fault she's trapped.
>>
>>8732166
this makes a lot of sense and this was what i was thinking would be the case, since her twitter post was about her being in distress. if she didn't care she could have ignored it completely and cop it as dumb foreigners complaining.

i feel really bad for her, btu she should have made more of an effort to get out of this situation, as the leighs are going to hurt the community more than anything. if that petition with thousands of supporters doesn't get the message across, i don't know what else will.
>>
Is it worth getting Gothic brands besides MmM? I have found some cute boz pieces that look a lot like certain AATP styles but I'm afraid no one will want to buy them at what I pay if they don't fit. Pardon my ignorance, I checked LM and it appears to be hard to sell most Gothic stuff, and the only Gothic lolita I know wears cheap ita garbage
>>
>>8732166
I call bullshit

Oh I heard via the game telephone that Misako is trapped feel bad for her...

You do realize that anything John has got away with people have let him because they remained silent until it was too much. There are contracts you CAN actually get out of legally when the contractor participates in sexual harassment as well as questionable business practices and there is no shortage of proof on those two things.

Misako is trash with no spine end of story.
>>
>>8731787
Not a joke! Misako did do those accusations but quickly said it was lie so the trouble didn't get bigger. She was not going to be the center at the Shanhai party, until the girl organizing it asked for her to wear the central piece. The accusation was real, but it was forgiven because Misako is so popular and the customers keep asking for her.
>>
>>8732166
>>8732194
>>8732202
Whelp, if true that Misako has signed a bad contract with the Leighs, it would put a new spin on things.

If Misako doesn't have someone like an international business manager to nip stuff like this in the bud, then this may signal the beginning of the end for the JLA.

The JLA is not a government entity, but a business. A business can't survive unless it makes money. The Leighs have a track record of losing more money than making it. How would the JLA financially benefit from Leigh's store at all?

With all the debts they currently have, how in the world can the Leighs pay for this store, including expenses like business taxes?

Just throwing this out there: if you suspect an individual or business of tax fraud (false exemptions/deductions, kickbacks, unreported income, etc.) please report it using the IRS form 3949-A. More info here:

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

If at all possible, put your real name on the report. It is not required, but it will help the IRS if you do.
>>
>>8731855
No one is acting like it's the end of the world. Everyone's talking about it, but not like it's the end of lolita.
>>
Do IW skirts have much stretch? I've got my eyes on one but I'm about 3-4 inches larger than the given measurements..
>>
>>8732300
They're usually pretty accurate on their shirring measurements for skirts, I'm afraid. Dresses tend to have a bit of extra give beyond what they list (which is pointless, to my mind, since you often get boobloaf even under their listed measurements).
>>
>>8732310
Ah, that's what I figured. Oh well, I guess I can go without it.
>>
>>8732253
There's not even a guarantee you will get back exactly what you paid even with moitie items, especially if you are buying them brand new from the web shop. Especially now that goth is on the back burner. So the risk is always there.

You could always get something altered if you end up having zero luck trying to sell, though. I mean if no one's buying it, it wouldn't hurt to have the piece altered so you can wear it
>>
im dying omg they actually replied
>>
>>8732343
Fuck this bitch sent me multiple messages too. Can everyone report their annoying ass please?
>>
>>8732345
its probably just a spam robot, they tend to have viruses too
>>
If you sell an item to someone and it doesn't fit them when it arrives is it common protocol to offer a partial refund? How much by?
>>
>>8732350
unless you lied about measurements, then no? It is their fault if they thought something with measurements outside their own would fit
>>
>>8732350
partial refund only if you, the seller, listed incorrect measurements- for example, if you claimed it was a size S but it was really a size M, then you should give a partial refund.
>>
>>8732343
This is actually adorable and I love closetchild even more every time they do something like this
>>
>>8732353
>>8732355
She says the max measurements are smaller than my own when I wore it. I did estimate a further 15 cm on top of that (after careful measuring) which could have been the issue, but I'm not really sure what is going on.
>>
>>8732361
Don't refund. She should have estimated based on her own current measurements and what you told her. It's not your fault she thought it would fit when it didn't, especially if she did not account for comfort room/body type differences/whatever.
>>
>>8732361
Did she say how much smaller it is? If it's +- one or two cm, I wouldn't hold it against you as a seller.n plus, different body shapes and builds can make a big difference too.

max measurements are never for best fit, so people should buy anticipating a bit of legroom. i don't think you should refund.
>>
>>8732266
Ding ding ding this is how you bring them down. We have proper procedures in place to deal with scammers in the US. Also don't forget the BBB and local news stations who do consumer reporting
>>
>>8732364
>>8732366
According to the sales post I checked, I only estimated 7 cm on top of what I had, not 15 (this was my personal estimate of how much further it would stretch, but I guess I wanted to be safe when I posted it).
She says it fits a maximum of 90 but I wore it at my hips of 100cm with wiggle room...
>>
>>8731740
Arthael is the first KA who stepped down before Cadney. She did send a letter to Misako in Japanese informing her of the harassment accusations and other problem concerning the Leighs. So Misako knows. She just did not care the slightest as long as the Leigh's keep provide her with what she wants.

Cadney took many months considering resigning and did not really do anything worthy of the position from the start. She just resigned when it was really apparent that being associated with JLA done her more harm rather than help elivate her fame. And now she's trying to milk it for what it's worth and paint herself as a saint who stands for righteous which in fact she's more worried about her fame than anything, even her friendship.
>>
>>8732374
that sounds shady anon, i would not offer a partial refund. At worst, you can offer a full refund, minus shipping costs, for her to return it to you. Make sure she takes proof pics that it's not damaged before she sends it back and make sure she supplies tracking.
>>
>>8731752
misako knows. she has had the letter. she was sad on her twitter for a few days after the shit fest of hamburg and everything came out, but that is it
that is all
>>
>>8731768
If this is true, I might actually respect Cadney
>>
So I found a couple things I like on y!j and tenso wouldn't work for either. Should I try a different SS or is this just what people mean by sellers who won't sell to SS? My Japanese is nonexistent, I rely on google translate which makes it really hard to understand exact details on y!j
>>
>>8732395

You need a proper SS, not a forwarding service. Use FromJapan.
>>
speaking of shopping services, does anyone know of a USA based SS that can order from Innocent World and has a high success rate? would like to know for Oddments pack purposes down the road.
>>
>>8732398
I don't really get it since IW doesn't have a store in the USA. Do you mean you just want someone in the USA to help buy you an oddment pack? There would probably be a couple of sea gulls willing to help.
>>
>>8732257
>end of story
Just because you say that doesn't mean the situation will be not complicated. The person I spoke to said the main issue is language barrier. Again, I can't prove anything, and I'm not expect anyone to take my word for it. I just want to reiterate that in terms of the accusations levied against them, Misakos crimes pale in comparison to those of John Leigh, who I'm sure is delighted to put Misak's name above the door on the shop. I wouldn't be surprised if he got her legally/financially involved with this enterprise. Watch Misako's put on some felon tax evasion list so she can never visit the US again. It is definitely a case of "too good to be true" but I don't know if she would have has the English skills to find any dirt on John Leigh before getting tangled up with him. Like others have said, he has moved from community to community, and before the Lolita's, people just sort of let the issue die away, just glad he left them in peace to lick their wounds.

>>8732266
That's what I said. At this point the only real option Misako is going to have is to cut ties, dismantle the JLA, take her lumps and if she is lucky it won't get back to the Japanese community, so she doesn't lose work. I doubt that the brands will care about the drama as long as it doesn't affect their sales, and getting her fired from modelling won't fix anything the Leigh's have done.
>>
File: misakothoughts.jpg (52KB, 231x315px) Image search: [Google]
misakothoughts.jpg
52KB, 231x315px
This is what Misako thinks about.
>but says she's so sad.
>>
File: Haenuli tights.png (2MB, 997x787px) Image search: [Google]
Haenuli tights.png
2MB, 997x787px
Haenuli will be re-releasing the tights with the deer print for those interested!
>>
>>8731810
One thing is to boycott the brands, and another to boycott the Leighs

One could just go to Leigh-free cons
>>
>>8732398
IW do ship internationally.
>>
>>8731859
>>8731863
Mfashion/Leyla isn't an official AP dealer anymore. They used to have a dealership and they probably lost that a few years ago. Their actual shop closed last year and they are selling leftovers and Leylas second hand clothes on the website. Dreamy Bows got an AP dealership, but they only got one big order with unpopular prints and dresses about three years ago.

There is no official EU dealer for AP as far as I know. The more reason for AP to give a store from a western country a new dealership.
>>
>>8732531
I'm pretty sure anon wants help with ordering because they worry they won't be quick enough when oddment packs are released. They do sell out rather quickly.
>>
>>8732253
Aatp is more popular right now, so that will be easier to sell. However I think we need to stop with the pay what I bought it for mentality and go for pay what it is worth 2nd hand in gothic. Moitie is hard to sell because everyone overprices it. Not everything is worth retail.
>>
>>8732503
It looks like baby doesnt want Misako to model for them anymore. Could be unrelated to this issue but it is bad for her.
>>
>>8731828
If that would ruin their image of the western market, it will be much worse if the leighs actually rip them off. All the more reason to warn the brands before something bad happens. They should also be informed that many lolita's boycot this shop so they don't think we are just not interested in having a physical shop.
>>
>>8731719
Agreed. I prefer Risa Nakamura as a model anyway.
>>
>>8732526
Am I crazy or are those rabbits and squirrels...not deers?
>>
>>8732300
If you're larger, you have no chance of fitting in an IW skirt unless you get it altered. Even when I was 8cm under the maximum given garment measurement for a skirt, it was difficult to zip up because their shirring is really strong. The maximum measurement that they list is the max that the skirt itself will stretch to with the shirring. You need to be at leats a few cm under their max listed measurements.
>>
>>8732310
The boobloaf is only if you have a larger cup size on your bust than about an A or B.
>>
>>8731875
I thought the Leighs were just bad con managers, but this shit scares me. These people are always what I was told to watch out for in my profession. They're seasoned crooks and they live off of people's ignorance. The brand of thief the Leigh's are specifically are ones that go into a niche community, such as import cars, anime, fighting games, lolita, etc. where there isn't always tons of crossover so it's hard to call them out. They suck the community dry and effectively destroy it with scams, then go onto another niche where they're brand new and people are not familiar with them.

I always wondered who the fuck the Leigh's were as a lolita. I know generally all US distributors of brand and they've been around for a while. Leigh's seemed like total outsiders that just appeared and I guess I know why now.
>>
File: ap.png (33KB, 488x314px) Image search: [Google]
ap.png
33KB, 488x314px
>>8732534
Dreamy Bows was the official dealer with AP for Europe after the Paris store closed down. They didn't get any new stock so someone asked them on their fb what was up
>>
Does anyone know the measurements for Cameo Window? The tiered Jsk is fully back shirred but I've heard it's way smaller than AP's fully back shirred dresses tend to be,
>>
>>8732585
Chanel manages to wear it...
Sorry, terrible joke.
>>
>>8732310
>>8732574
The boobloaf problem mostly happens with their JSKs (I wear a C cup and never had a problem with their OPs), and it can usually be fixed if the JSK in question has buttons on the straps. Just move the buttons down to make the straps longer and it'll fit just fine.
>>
On the topic of Innocent World, has anyone tried to use Tenso with IW? I know they ship internationally, but I don't like my chances of nabbing items using the special order form.
>>
>>8732591
That's what I don't understand. Someone mentioned on lolita tips that the waist was smaller so I think Chanel had it altered.
>>
>>8731719
Has anyone considered that Misako may actually be in a horrible situation she feels powerless to do anything about? Do we really need to turn this into some pitchforks out, downfall of Misako, schadenfreude shit?

I'm still willing to give the benefit of the doubt at this point - she may well have made some poor decisions and have been a bit naive but she genuinely may not have been fully aware of, or at the very least, understood the situation fully.

I actually think the best thing would be for someone with Japanese skills to explain the situation further to Misako and also give her some financial and legal advice, or at least give her resources so she can do it herself and be put in touch with professionals. It's already been mentioned that there is enough info and evidence on the Leighs out there, so any case should fall in her favour.

She may genuinely feel trapped but not realise that in light of what's happened, the Leighs actually have no power at all (and instead may have to rely on bullying tactics, manipulation and sounding powerful).

I get that Misako is a grown-ass woman but that doesn’t mean she necessarily has it all sussed out, hell we all sill fuck up and find ourselves in bad situations sometimes. If you don't want to do anything, fine, but you don't have to stick the knife in y'know(?).
>>
>>8732568
lol, they meant that they'll be released with the deer-print dress, not that they're tights with deer on them.
>>
>>8732595
I think you can go through the Japanese site and the cart system if you use tenso, but you need to have one of their specified methods of payment.
>>
>>8732595

This >>8732644

The cart system doesn't accept international credit cards, so it's pretty much a no go for me. They will ship to Tenso if you put that address on your international form, but I guess that's useless for your purposes.

You think AP bloodbath sucks, IW's slow quicksand kind of bloodbath sucks even more, you gotta wait a week to find out if you got a dress or not...
>>
>>8731848

For those still wondering about this, it was a secondhand reseller. I want to say it was Kitty Carousel, but I can't really be sure, maybe someone else can correct me or back me up.

What happened was that they announced arrival of CDC accessories right after CDC was released. The only way a secondhand shop could get them that fast is if they actually bought them from AP direct. And they resold them at nearly double the retail price. In other words, true scalpers, bought the stock just to resell at a higher price in their shop.

Word probably got back to AP, a week after that they put up a message that said the authorised dealers are the ones listed on their site, anyone not on the list are unauthorised dealers that AP cannot help buyers with.

The nice part about this is that the accessories weren't exactly in short supply anyway, double the retail price was way too high, and some girls were mad enough to boycott the shop entirely. So they took a long time to sell out, and as far as I know the shop never tried this tactic again (not openly anyway).
>>
File: 1437350018588.gif (622KB, 383x286px) Image search: [Google]
1437350018588.gif
622KB, 383x286px
>>8732607
I'm >>8732166
She has spoken to people who are fluent, I think it's dawned on her that she is well and truly in the shit, but a combination of it being so far beyond control, being unfamiliar with US legal or cultural issues, and the business culture of Japan, Misako is just trying to forge ahead. What's "right" to her in that context is continuing to honor whatever contract she has with the Leigh's, and not dishonoring herself or them by cutting and running and certainly not by implying they have done anything wrong, because those are pretty huge taboos. What she's doing is "wrong" from a western point of view, but even if lots of western Lolitas try to advise her, is she going to trust more of these english speaking devils, or is she just going to do the best damage control she can, by her own moral compass?

>>give her some financial and legal advice
that's a pretty dumb idea because whoever does that is going to drag themselves into whatever sticky end this situation comes to, especially if it ends up in a court or something. I'd like to know what the cross section of fluently Japanese-speaking law student Lolitas are (actually I can name 1 or 2 but even so). If she realizes now that listening to the Leighs has gotten her into this much trouble, I doubt she's going to trust anyone but herself to get out of it now.
>>
>>8732524
I know those fingers are photoshopped and all, which is really just in poor taste altogether, but I just realized its incredibly difficult to flip the bird with your thumb out. Like, it hurts.
>>
>>8732676
no it doesn't, you just have stiff old lady fingers
>>
>>8732689
Maybe, but you don't lose like 3 degrees off your angle? And it wont look anything like the Misako photo where the index finger and thumb are on the same plane. Sage for being really really irrelevant.
>>
>>8732675
Hey anon, I’m >>8732607

I pretty much agree with you, my main issue was with those taking the 'yeah, let's bring her down' stance.

There are definitely some major differences between how the Japanese and 'Westerners' conduct business. As far as 'giving financial advice' is concerned, you can inform someone of the basics without getting dragged in, even if it's just in terms of being pointed in the right direction, organisations etc that could help. I didn't mean to suggest that anyone should try to play lawyer or whatever.

I suppose really my take on it is, think about what you're doing before you jump on the pitchfork bandwagon. The best thing to do would be to keep people aware of the shadiness of the Leighs in general and not support their endeavours in any way.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 638x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 638x831px
So I got a reply from Meta and they said they can accept my reservation on a "stand by" does that basically mean I get it if they have any instore cancelations?
>>
>>8732374
Yeah no. She sounds fat and pissed because her fattness cannot fit. Don't give her a partial. In fact, never give a partial for fit. That should be for flaws only.
>>
>>8732380
>she's trying to milk it for what it's worth and paint herself as a saint who stands for righteous which in fact she's more worried about her fame than anything, even her friendship.
I always had my suspicions about her...
>>
>>8732549
What do you mean? She was just in their huge yearly fashion show.
>>
>>8732543
That's fine, I just don't want to pay $100 us for a skirt on the Japanese secondhand market if I have to sell it for $40 if it doesn't fit. Gothic brands have some really cute pieces but they don't do a good job of listing sizes and people don't archive them like lolita brands. You'd think all the spoopy tumblr whores would start buying actual goth rather than styling lolita stuff ugly
>>
>>8732723
But she wasnt wearing the "wedding dress" / "the best dress"
She went from always wearing the best (by what designers considers) to wearing one of the lesser ones.
You can tell stuff is going down with baby and her
>>
>>8732702
That's what I figured. Really sucks to be Misako right now regardless of what the outcome is.
>>
>>8732705
I got the same message, and I had the same situation with Little Squirrel reserve.

step1: You respond saying that you want to be on the waiting list.

step2: meta will confirm you are on the waiting list.

step 3: if a spot opens up, they will send you a pre-order accepted email and order number

step 4: when the pre-order items arrive at meta's office & ready to ship, then send you an email with a link to pay for the order

step 5: you have a week to pay, then they mail it and you get your item yay

If you were able to order one item through the regular pre-order and one item through the inquiry, when you respond to this email make sure you mention it with order number & they will be able to combine if you are accepted for the sold out items.
>>
>>8732773
Idk, I think it's mainly because they wanted to use Dakota as a centerpiece. It is funny though now that you point it out.
>>
>>8732798
Yeah, I feel like they wanted to use the blonde gaijin/real Barbie desu for the final look. I don't think it's necessarily anything against Misako. She wasn't wearing the best or newest print in the AP fashion show at AM. Kate was wearing the newest print (well, the one that would be released the latest anyway as cherry marguerite and melty berry princess were also in the show)
>>
>>8731719
Start? Most people I knew were already done with her after her pale skin only racism with a side of slut shaming women for the oh so scandalous offense of showing their kneeflesh. Seriously she's a rather shitty person who just happens to dress cute. We shun regular people in the online comm for stuff like that but let Misako get away with her BS for far too long because omg she the KA and maybe she'll grant all our lolita dreams by one day making us one as well. No thanks.
>>
>>8732849
The pale skin thing was misinterpreted though. What she was really saying was along the lines of "don't go getting a fake tan for lolita". Also the knees thing was blown way out of proportion. Iirc it was a tiebreaker in some contest, and that knees were okay, but the outfit that wasn't showing knees was just a little better.
>>
>>8731999
Do you think it'll have consequences if I put in throwaway email for the sake of updates and extra info?
>>
>>8732849
>Racism
>Slut shaming
Stopped reading right there. Can't you people just crawl back into whatever hole you came out of already? I swear to god.
>>
Talking about Midori, do you gulls know of any interviews about her? I've just seen a video and one made by yuemoon.
>>
>>8731852
They do yeah. Just write them
>>
>>8732583
kek, japanese organization at its finest
>>
Jesus Christ. Misako is a fucking model and nothing more. She goes where she is fucking hired to go to stand there and look pretty and spread the knowledge of the fashion. she's not some fucking supreme leader you autists.
>>
>>8732350
Is that what your seller is asking for?! No, that is 100% not on you. Did you take accurate measurements or post a link to lolilibrary? If so I do not understand how you can be responsible. It is not your fault if your buyer can't take their own measurements
>>
>>8732980
We're not treating as that, all we want is that she stops working with a known molester and scammer.
>>
>>8732526
Fuck those are cute why do I always have no money
>>
>>8732300
>>8732573
This. IW skirts barely ever go over ~64 cm comfortably, no matter what the listed measurements are. My waist is 66cm and I have only found maybe 2 skirts out of 7-8 I've owned that fit comfortably (not squeezing me to death). Anything that claims a 70+cm waist is a total lie. Save yourself the grief.

>>8732543
Honstly, it feels like AATP barely releases truly gothic stuff anymore apart from the mens/boystyle stuff and maybe 1-2 of their staple solid pieces like Miranda. Most of their prints feel sweeter nowadays than they even did in the late 2000's.

>>8732922
Could you link the Midori videos you watched?
>>
>>8732310
>Dresses tend to have a bit of extra give beyond what they list
lolwut. I got a jsk and it would NOT zip up. I tried it on my smaller chested younger sister (well within max measurements) and it wouldn't zip on her, either. Had to get it professionally altered.
>>
Is there a difference between the 2011 and 2013 releases of the royal chocolate OTKs? Trying to figure out which release mine are.
>>
What's /cgl/'s opinion on melikestea, particularly their petticoats and bloomers? I've heard a few good things about the hard tulle ones, but the prices make me skeptical...
>>
>>8732849
This kind of highly offended bullshit belongs on tumblr, sweetie. Misako was referring to tanning, like gyarus. Also if you want to show off a bunch of skin, please stop being a lolita. Again, she was just trying to tell people that knees showing isn't optimal.
She also said bangs were really good in lolita. I guess she's bang-shaming too and your probably side-shaved blue hair just isn't going to cut it. I guess to tumblr you return.
>>
>>8733148
I owned a skirt from her and it was extremely well made, had a built in tulle petti like AP does and just generally sturdy. I haven't had one of her actual pettis, though.
>>
>>8733124
i don't think there is, b-but if you're selling please help a seagull out? these are my top wtb socks and i keep missing them.
>>
>>8731823
I realize this might be too much, but… why don't people just protest or hand out flyers outside of the store when it opens? I'm not sure how legal it would be, but if you really wanted to spread the word about what's going on, and prevent young naive shoppers from interacting with the Leighs, that would be an effective (albeit time-consuming) method.
>>
>>8733223
See replies to >>8731624
>>
>>8733223
This has been discussed up thread a bit.

The shop location is unlikely to get much foot traffic, and the people who are going to attend the opening are already aware and either deny it's a big deal/think it's all exaggerated, or don't care because they still think the Leigh's can provide them with something they want (whether it's brand, efame, or more tea parties). It's a better option to continue to spread the information online, because it'll have a wider reach, and also prevent people who don't know better from buying from their online shop (and history has already shown us that brick and mortar lolita shops don't do nearly as much trade as their online components. See: Tokyo Rebel, Baby USA, h.naoto USA, AP USA/Harajuku Hearts, ODIP, Fairytale Boutique, etc.).
>>
>>8731761
Kind of wonder what's going on with that. Was she just super upset and then they consoled her by telling her it was a lie or something? Is she locked into a contract she can't get out of? Is she just in too delicate of a financial position to say no to work? Cuz you don't just go from being really sad over something to going along with it happily, there must be some other factors involved.
>>
>>8733214
Hm, I was considered getting one of her skirts as well as a basic filler pieces, thanks for the review. If her craftsmanship is good I think the hard tulle pettis should be fine, I can always layer up
>>
>>8733234
You do if you're paying lipservice. Which is what those "SO SAD!" posts sounded like to me. No details about why she was sad, no comments on the entire situation at all, but still timed with the drama.

I highly doubt she's in a contract that she can't get out of. But I've been pretty sceptical of Misako's desire to "unite" the international communities for ages, and people just told me I was paranoid.
>>
>>8732350
No. If you listed really off measurements, sure, but just because it doesn't fit well isn't your fault. You aren't a professional seamstress, so no one can expect you to predict if it will fit a person well. So long as you know for sure it stretched to a certain point, and you were honest about it, then you did your job. It's on them if they were risky and bought something that they might have been too big for.
>>
>>8733234
What I think is happening is that some KA girls tried to tell her what was going on but John, his wife and Daneile were telling her that it is lies. For some reason she picks the side of John (money? trust in Daniele??) and doesnt say anything publicly. Besides the 2 that stepped down about it, most of the KA have been silent about the issue so they are at least trying to ignore the situation.
>>
>>8732980
actually, that's pretty much exactly what she declared herself when she started the JLA.
>>
Taking a break from jla drama.. can i get opinions on boatneck OPs in lolita? how do I rock that neckline? sample coords would be awesome. I see lots of weird shit on google that I'm not fond of.
>>
>>8732849

It was a coord contest and there was a tie.

In Japan the area between the hem of the skirt and the top of the knee socks is really "sexy". It's like cleavage. A girl in a contest was showing off too much sexy leg compared to another girl. So the other girl won. I've seen Misako's knees. It's not like she has something against knees. She needed an arbitrary reason to declare one girl winner.
>>
not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have the picture showing the difference between cosplay lolita and cosplay inspired lolita? it was a drawn image with the toy story alien.
>>
>>8733308
It's by lemontree11 on tumblr if that helps anon
>>
>>8733223
Because if you want him in jail that's not enough. You need to contact the IRS, the BBB, and the FTC. Link related https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts

Document everything. Girls who he harassed need to contact the police
>>
File: thecraaane.png (143KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
thecraaane.png
143KB, 500x478px
>>8733308
this one anon?
>>
>>8733308
>kirakirashoujoDOTblogspotDOTcoDOTukSLASH2015SLASH01SLASHcosplayDASHlolitaDASHvsDASHthemeDASHlolitaDOThtml

Fuck you 'this is spam'
>>
>>8733332
thanks anon, that helped me to find it!
>>
>>8733344
>>8733349
thank youuu!
>>
>>8733148
A friend has 2 petties. A monster poof one and a "lighter" one. I wore tge lighter one at a con once and the poof was fucking explosive. I dont recal which petti it was, ill have to ask her because fuck i want one for that price. The edges were a teeny bit itchy but it didnt bother me at all with tights on vs otks/bare thighs
>>
>>8733275
Well for one, I would never try to wear a blouse with an OP like that. I think either a collar or longer pendant necklace really helps draw the attention to the neckline. What exactly are you having trouble with?

>>8733335
For the record the BBB isn't actually a legal body and has no real authority on anything, just a lot of sway. They're basically something like a business owner's union.
>>
>>8733216
Which color were you looking for? Ivory? I am feeling a little buyer's remorse for these socks and feel that I overpaid for them, but I'm still not sure if I want to let them go. But I will definitely keep an eye out on auction sites for you, anon!
>>
>>8733223

You're going to end up getting sued for either libel or harassment. Don't do it, they'll just use it to make you look bad and themselves look like they're the victims of mean bullies from 4chan.

This step makes more sense, especially if you have real dirt on him >>8733335
>>
>>8733053
The very first that pops when you search: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHo1npxdT_A

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KnGeVVSng
This one is pretty famous.
>>
>>8732676
I can flip them birds with both of my thumbs out (and I have hitchhiker's thumb). Doesn't hurt unless I overbend my thumbs and held there for a very long time
>>
>>8733837
But are the two fingers on the same plane or about 90 degrees of each other?
>>
>>8733216
Not other anon but i have the socks in ivory fairly used condition though, i would sell them off pretty cheap.
>>
>>8733275
Well, which OP do you have?
I think boatnecks are super flattering generally, so you shouldn't have trouble pulling it off.
>>
>>8732723
I heard that when Baby went to Chile they didnt want Misako to be in their fashion show there, and for a while part of their contract was saying no to misako.

>>8733053
I think it is more that what is being put out as gothic has changed over time, and so has the people wearing it. No one reallly cares what Moitie brings out anymore and selling it is rough because it is hard to justify the prices. But Ap and aatp have all these spoopy prints that are a bit more silly and those sell well.
>>
>>8733536
Was it one of the hard tulle ones? I'm thinking about commissioning her to make a long version of one because I have a heavy tea length skirt that my current petti won't hold up.
>>
>>8733680
i'm looking for the ivory colourway- and that would be incredibly awesome anon, thank you!

>>8733879
just because i've been searching for so long- i'm definitely interested. can you shoot me an email? thank you!
>>
I got this email from AP. From what I could get from Google, are they asking me for my credit card number and expiration date for payment? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Angelic Pretty Online Shopのご利用、誠にありがとうございます。

お問合せ頂きました内容につきまして、
返信させて頂きます。

----------------------------------------------------------

オンラインショップでクレジットカード決済での
お支払いはされたことはございますでしょうか。

ございましたらご注文番号をご連絡頂けますと幸いです。

ない場合は、お手数ですがクレジットカード番号と
有効期限をご連絡ください。

宜しくお願い致します。

----------------------------------------------------------

お問い合わせ、ありがとうございました。
また何かございましたら、ご利用お待ちしております。
>>
>>8734115
My Japanese is not that great, but from what I can gather they are not sure if the payment has cleared, so they're asking you to either get back to them with your order number if the payment has already been taken from your card, or to contact them with your credit card number and expiration date if it hasn't. Maybe someone can clarify better.
>>
>>8732788
Update for Dozing Cat Pre-Order.

I wanted the mini skirt. Got an email on Monday about being put on the standby list, confirmed with them, and got an email today that I am on the standby list. They said that if I do not get an order number email between now and when the items arrive, then I'm SOL. If anyone else got message, feel free to corroborate.

Just to add, this is so far the standard procedure for meta. I'm very happy that they are so popular lately, and I hope it means they will continue to thrive. It also makes me happy to see their recent prints very rarely on second hand auction, so to all the other lovers of Metamorphose out there, I hope you are enjoying the fashion. it's very nice that we do not have to deal with the problems of Angelic Pretty and scalpers, I hope it stays the same.
>>
>>8734123
I was the person who got charged and finally heard back saying I couldn't get it. They wouldn't even put me on the wait list because of how many other people ordered. Smh I like meta but that was really disappointing for my first time buying brand directly. It sucks that the system crashed, I stayed up all night and was ready at exactly 3AM lol. I thought about ordering something else but I honestly hate all their other prints right now, that mermaid one is awful, witch in the forest is so AP faux edgy, and nothing else is even memorable
>>
>>8734142
I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe when the items are in store, you can email and see if they will complete the order, i've heard many stories of people doing so and they scrounge up the item from one of the stores.
>>
>>8734147
They refunded me, so I'll just wait until lucky packs and try to get something then, and buy whatever of this print comes up secondhand for a fair price. How will the normal release work? I haven't heard or seen anything about it
>>
>>8734123
It helps that meta does what it takes to meet their demand too so there is less scalping happening. I mean, they are willing to open to an MTO if it sells out
>>
>>8733829
What's with the freaky change between "cute" voice and "natural" voice all about with her? Her narration voice is completely different to her interviewing voice at times.
>>
>>8734474
>her
>meaning Misako, not Midori, sorry
>>
>>8732526
Has she said when she's re-releasing the print? I haven't seen any dates outside of "November".
>>
>>8733829
I've been into lolita forever and this is the first time I actually watched Misako or any of the models talk. It really ages them quite a bit.
>>
>>8733148
Asking about this too, I saw a lot of reviews about the hard tulle ones, but almost nothing searching about the voile/organza, any info?
>>
>>8733829
Whaaat, Midori is 30!? She doesn't look it at all (vs Misako...)
>>
>>8734576
I was surprised too. Asians sure won the genetic lottery when it comes to aging.
>>
>>8734474
It's part of her act. It's funny because people defended her for years saying the sweet one was her "real voice".
>>
>>8734605
I figured the cute voice was fake, but I didn't think it was *that* fake.

Goddamn that's a massive difference.
>>
>>8734583
it's basically: perpetually 12 --> suddenly a wrinkly sage.

major downside is constantly being carded and being accused of lying about your age. i guess the tradeoff is worth it for lolita/jfash.
>>
>>8734583
It's too bad I don't find most asian men attractive, I know it's racist but I can't help it, they feel too effeminate for me.
>>
>>8733829
Wow, Midori shouldn't really smile..
It's like snaggle tooth central.
>>
>>8734621
That's OK, there's a lot of Asian girls out there that don't date Asian men..
>>
>>8733053
I completely agree. I have the Himariskirt, and while it's gorgeous, the only way that I can zip it up is to breathe in as much as possible, with nothing tucked in. This is even when my waist was 66cm, with a skirt listed measurement of 73cm. Most I could do was to tuck in a camisole after doing it up and wear it casually with a nice sweater.

I agree so much with you about the stage of gothic as a whole. I used to love AatP, but their prints just feel like BABY prints but in a dark colourway now - like you say, it's sweet-gothic. They don't even seem to do proper pirate or Aristocrat style any more, and when they do do it, it's overly cutesy. This is why I use IW dresses more for gothic. I've never particularly liked Moitie, I find their quality very lacking, especially for the ridiculous prices they charge. I also hate the over abundance of crosses in their stuff.
>>
>>8734119
Thank you! I'm thankful they didn't cancel my order and are letting me pay.
>>
>>8734610
Yeah. I wouldn't mind all that if I was able to look super young and cute longer. Not going to lie, I'm jealous. Asian girls have the advantage of being able to dress cute for so much longer.
>>
Has anyone here had good luck with wearing corsets to fit into brand that's too small for your waist, do you feel it's worth it or is it kinda silly? I'm at 74cm right now and would like to fit into pieces with a 72cm waist so I'd like to get down to 68cm if possible.
>>
>>8734767
I'm at a 68 and still too fat for MM and some AATP, just lose weight, anon
>>
>>8734795
I don't feel like my waist wants to go any smaller though? I'm at a healthy weight and have very little fat, especially around my waist, but I just can't seem to go smaller.
>>
>>8734021
Yes i believe so! And for reference my dress was on the heavy side because it was made with velvet and it still held up quite well.
>>
>>8734802
Shirred brand without a corset is the best idea, you don't want to look like a stuffed sausage. I hate when girls try to max out measurements, they look so much bigger than if they just wore nice taobao dresses their size
>>
>>8734802
Consider alterations. Lolita skirts are fairly easy to alter, they just need to extend the waistband and space out the gathers a little bit. I've done it more than once. I also cut the elastic of the shirred parts when I need just a little more space/dont want to feel sawed in half.
>>
>>8734767
It is doable but the issue with corsets is that they tend to be bulky. It wont work for all outfits and it does suck to know you have to wear a corset to wear those dresses as you may just not want to deal with that shit.

Do go get a good corset if you go that route, nothing is worse than someone trying to make do with an ugly cheap ass corset. Put the money into it to get a quality piece.
>>
>>8734875
>anime and cosplay store
>>
>>8734875
Ugh I have always found her so fake and annoying anyway

Also nitpick but I do not understand girls that constantly sell their dresses and buy new ones? Like a revolving door or something. How can you build a wardrobe like that?
>>
>>8734885
Where do you get the extra fabric? Is there enough in the hem to add on a few cms or do you need a matching skirt?
>>
>>8734896
I do this, you still have all the accessories to build coords. I would get bored wearing the same thing more than twice, I'm not a daily lolita
>>
I want to order something for my ILD coord but the package is from Germany. I'm not sure what type of shipping they use but it seems like a cheaper international shipping option with no tracking. I'm in the US. Any idea if it has a chance of getting here before the 5th?
>>
>>8734971
i don't think it will, choose EMS if you need it to arrive by the 5th. Don't forget to account for purchase processing on seller side + cyber weekend this weekend, the post is going to be massively congested.
>>
>>8734875
Man, misako looks rough in these pictures.
>>
Anyone have recommendations of blouses that can handle my big titties without gaping between button. 2 and 3?
>>
>>8734991
you need to be more specific anon. how big are you titties? in general go for blouses with shirring though there are some larger brand blouses but yeah it all depends. the generic answer is going to be getting things custom made, especially if your bust measurement is over 100cm (like mine)

nice custom places I can recommend from experience - bunberry, bunny house, and lady sloth. there's some taobao ones too but I haven't gotten around to ordering some off there yet.
>>
>>8734875
Why is she wearing her beret like that?????
>>
>>8735012
because it's too small to fit over her head with a wig lol

from what I remember her natural hair looks fine, I don't understand why she always needs to go so OTT with the wigs and shit. seriously, the beret just looks fucking dumb cause it won't fit around her head, it would've looked so much nicer if she ditched the wig for a better fit.
>>
>>8734899
>I would get bored wearing the same thing more than twice
How do you wear regular clothes, anon?

>>8734971
Deutsche Post is pretty fast, all the packages I ship take two weeks tops to most places. But since there's sales etc coming, it might get stuck. Get DHL if you need it fast, EMS doesn't work the same way in Germany, they ship via Deutsche Post as well.
>>
>>8734897
Not that anon, but...at a fabric store.
If the skirt comes with waist ties, I don't mind cutting them up since I don't use them anyway.

Mind that this simple method only works if you're looking to add maybe 5-8cm absolute maximum, everything above might ruin the shape of the skirt.
>>
>>8735172
That won't work for prints, you can't just go to the fabric store and buy an AATP print. The waist ties are a good idea but the skirt I want doesn't have any
>>
>>8735163
I have a gigantic closet full of normie clothes, I rarely wear things more than twice a season and consign a lot. It's much cheaper to buy secondhand western designer clothes than lolita
>>
>>8735176
What western brands do you usually tend to go for?
>>
>>8735174

If we're talking about a regular skirt and not one of the shaped miniskirts or the high-waisted one, then it's totally fine to use a solid colour in a matching fabric. (Different anon here by the way).

Hey, you could even take the original waistband fabric home and make headbows out of it. Although altering your skirt this way probably destroys the resale value pretty drastically (unless you happen to have a print that's really popular)

With regards to wearing a corset for a lolita skirt, personally I like doing it, but I've never tried reducing my waist for a skirt. Usually it's the situation anons have mentioned with the IW shirring being too tight, the corset helps to be a "wall" around my soft, squishy waist so the skirt doesn't dig into my flash and cause a muffin top. Honestly I think if you're reducing from 74cm to 72cm, that's barely an inch, you stand a pretty good chance of it looking decent, BUT I haven't tried it myself, so this just my opinion without facts.

Only other thing I advise to make sure the corset gives you a nice shape. I'm pretty sure what a lot of anons are imagining are the fat itas where the boobs hang like two bulbous lumps over a tiny underbust fashion corset that was never mean for waist reduction at all. If you're going to commit to wearing constricting foundation garments, at least chose one that gives you a nice figure with perky boobs, not one that makes you look worse by making it look like you have saggy boobs or one that gives you muffin tops around the top of the corset.
>>
>>8735202
Marc Jacobs, Brooks brothers, and theory. I have a job where I have to dress very nice
>>
>>8734896

They might just live in a smaller place and don't have the physical space for a larger wardrobe anyhow. Lolitas can dream of a wardrobe with 100+ pieces, but some few of us are limited by the physical space we live in, there's only so many bags, shoes, dresses, etc that can fit into a smaller amount of space. So they'd have to cull their wardrobe more often than someone who lives in a larger home.

Plus, if this nitpick is about someone online rather than irl, you would never know for certain what pieces they bought, what pieces they sold and what pieces they kept. Like maybe you'd see them in a photoshoot this week wearing Chess Emblem and then they sell it next week, but the story behind it might be that the colours don't suit their skintones. Meanwhile they may have bought Horror Garden and are holding on to it, since Horror Garden would arrive after Halloween, they might not post that they bought it at all. So you wouldn't be seeing the real picture at all.
>>
>>8735174
That may be true, but it's possible to put in a solid color panel as long as it's very close in color and material properties. Especially if the skirt has back lacing, you'll barely be able to tell unless you look closely.
>>
>>8735265
She said on a YouTube video that everytime she buys a dress, she sells one
>>
>>8735271
That's a pretty smart rule if you have a limited space or are just trying to control how much you buy.
>>
>>8735266
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/my-blood-asymmetry-skirt
I don't know what fabric I could possibly find to match and I haven't been that small since I was about 14
>>
>>8735271
I wish I could do that lol I am so nervous of selling (buyers making bad claims and stuff) and now I have thousands of dollars worth of stuff that I'm afraid could be damaged if there's ever a problem with my apartment
>>
>>8734875
Can we talk about how their store sign looks like it was made for a Vietnamese nail salon?
>>
>>8735281
I'm vietnamitese and I've never seen a nail salon with these kind of sign
>>
>>8735281
Kek, too true, it's so incongruent with the actual look of the store.
>>
>>8735282
Anon means nail salons in the us run by someone who is Vietnamese which became very common after ww2.
>>
>>8735276
I've had around ~100 transactions on various platforms, and I've never had a problem with a buyer. I recently had an item get damaged during transit, which was 100% my fault because I didn't account for the post office being rough, but the buyer was very understanding and we worked it out. Get rid of it all, you'll be glad.
>>
>>8735271

This sounds like someone who is already done building up their wardrobe, and now wants to maintain its size while keeping it fresh (by selling off an old dress to buy a new one).

You can't keep all the lolita dresses, anon. You'll become a hoarder. Eventually even you will hit the point where you have so many dresses you'll need to sell off some to make room for new dresses to come in.
>>
>>8734991
Sew tiny snaps in between your buttons to avoid boob gap.
>>
>>8735271
>>8735343
this is me, i have a sizable wardrobe space, but it got to the point where I wouldn't wear 30% of my clothes even once a year.. so it was time to sell. i often sell cheap so i can get rid of stuff faster, buyers are generally more tolerant of minor issues because of this too.
>>
>>8735256
>Brooks brothers

HELL YEAH. I want a close full of Brooks Brothers, Uniqlo, and lolita someday.
>>
Is Wunderwelt a reliable place to order from? They have some dresses I want but I've never used them before so I'm wary.
>>
>>8735530
Check the fucking catalog or at least use Google, jesus.
>>
>>8735540
Wow, how polite.
>>
>>8735549
>cgl
>lolitas
>polite
>>
>>8735530
Yes, I've bought from them several times and they're great.
>>
Does anyone else wear lolita casually while hanging out with non lolita friends?

Do your friends usually care? What are their reactions?
>>
>>8735530
Since other people are spoonfeeding. I find it overpriced compared to other Japanese sites especially since they won't use airmail. That really irks me
>>
>>8735597
I wear Lolita pretty much all the time (unless it's completely impractical) so I tend to get weird looks if I'm not wearing it at this stage. Most of my non-Lolita friends think it's cute, or at least, if they don't like it they haven't said anything.
>>
>>8735596
thank you so much you're an angel
>>
>>8735597
I honestly don't have many friends that aren't into Lolita or cosplay, but the few that aren't don't seem to mind at all when I wear a Lolita around them. But all of my friends are in to some kind of nerd culture (board games, etc) so I don't think they really find it surprising that someone would wear alt fashion to a party or event.
>>
>>8735597
I almost always wear lolita when I'm hanging out with people and at this point no one really gives a fuck. Most of them are nerds so its fine, and even the ones who aren't and know nothing about lolita think its cute.
>>
>>8735597
My one lolita friend lives a few hours away and I'm not in a comm, so I always wear lolita either by myself or with my normie friends.
They're pretty chill, no one has ever said anything, really. I wear more toned down stuff though, so I don't really draw that much attention. I guess it might be bothersome for them if you're super OTT and are constantly being stopped for pictures etc while your friend is kinda shy.
>>
>>8735597
Yeah and they don't care. They think it's cute.
>>
>>8735597
yup, they don't mind it at all! I wear lolita everyday, even to work- no one thinks poorly of it since I always tailor my looks for the occasion (e.g. not going to wear OTT chocolate sweet to work, etc).
>>
>>8735597
All the time, and no one really cares as far as I can tell. They might say something about a dress being cute or comment on a print theme

>>8735612
They put their prices up when more overseas orders started coming in, just like how closet child did.
>>
>>8735597
All the time and they dont care. sometimes get a weird comment from strangers but mainly complements. It would be a waste to not wear them
>>
So I'm thinking about going to an AP tea party (hosted by AP USA)
Do they mind like secret shop tea parties being worn?
And a taobao 3-way bag that resembles AP ones...
>>
>>8735837
I wouldn't do it. They handle the real ones every day, they're bound to notice.
>>
>>8735853
At the very least don't bring the bag, the shoes may be safe if they are not actually replicas
>>
>>8735905
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I realized the bag said Angelic Pretty on it so I wont be bringing it lol. Plus tea party shoes are super generic imo.
okay thank you senpai.
>>
>>8735669
I feel like they went a bit further than CC, you can still get really great bargains on CC but WW is really noticeably overpriced.
>>
>>8735853
Do you really think so? I've seen AP secret shop tea parties next to actual ones and it's impossible to tell most times.
>>
>>8735953
>>8735837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVIeX8e7mM

They are quite the same, desu. I've even read somewhere that they are made by the same factory in China, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>8735612
A lot of stores won't use airmail because it's not tracked/insured. Don't hate on them for not wanting to be ripped off
>>
>>8736452
>>8736452

New thread!
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.