[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seagull Santa pt 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 52

File: il_340x270.666634534_eck4.jpg (20KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.666634534_eck4.jpg
20KB, 340x270px
Matches have been made and gifts need to be sent out by the first week of December!

Old Thread >>8684781
>>
To those of you sending a gift directly from an online retailer, are you sending a card seperately? I may forgo a card for my present santees so I can buy them better gifts
>>
How is everyone doing with gifts so far? I chanced it on an item from China that I'm hoping will arrive before December.
>>
File: 1417431529428.png (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417431529428.png
48KB, 800x600px
>mfw my match has god-tier taste and I'll never be able to meet her expectations
>mfw I was so afraid of coming off as picky and entitled that I gave almost no specifications. My Santa could send me a lucky pack of 17 sleeves and it'd be ok.
>>
>>8720775
I'm finding it super hard to find anything within the price range.. I might have to make it myself. Praying it doesn't come out super shitty.
>>
File: 29ntmrp.gif (742KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
29ntmrp.gif
742KB, 275x183px
>>8720815
Yeah I'm having a hard time finding items that don't take up at least half my budget and I feel bad sending one thing and being like "Sorry it's a keychain but it was like $8.."

I think I should have signed up for higher price ranges than I did but since it's my first year I thought I'd stick to low amounts just to be safe.

>tfw next year people are getting some expensive-ass gifts
Next year I'll be prepared.
>>
>>8720835
>>8720815
I select the 5$-10$ price range because I was unsure if this whole thing would work, or maybe I'll not receive anything; but when I got paired, I was so excited! Now I've spent 20$ on gift, and I don't care
I just have fear my SS will not like my presents...
>>
>>8720815
>>8720835

I'm also struggling, as a brit sending items to the Philippines, Canada and Australia, with most of the items I'm looking at coming from the states and some not offering direct postage to the gifts destinations, half of my budget will end up going on postage unless I overspend.
>>
>>8720774
I am sending a card, as well as ordering things directly to their address.

>>8720775
I'm doing lots of china Aliexpress things too, but I think that them arriving after christmas or getting multiple little items help the excitement last longer. I am overspending on a lot of my Santas (I took only 5-10 and 10-20's) but I think it's worth it.
>>
File: tumblr_lz7wpmSe9p1r8nsgio1_500.gif (339KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz7wpmSe9p1r8nsgio1_500.gif
339KB, 500x281px
>>8720842
You are the true spirit of Christmas, anon. Your gift partners are so lucky.

>>8720850
I'm using Ebay and just paying the extra for faster shipping since most of it says the max arrival would be the first week of December. I've overspent on both but I don't feel so bad about it since it's stuff I know I'd love to get so why not in the spirit of Christmas?

Officially purchased all the things for my secret Santas! Now I just have to sit back and try not to buy more while I wait for everything to arrive. I know it would be cheaper to just send to them directly but I wanted to put everything in one package and ship it all together.
>>
>>8720796
What is your match into, anon? Maybe we can help a bit, if you give one or two things. I'm still looking for things for my matches.

Maybe check etsy, or something? Have you looked at amiami? There's a ton of merch, even being reselled there.

>>8720861
>tfw purchased nothing bc I'm still freaking out.
But I have a few things lined up to purchase. So it's getting there.
>>
File: 20151116_165125.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151116_165125.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sorry if the picture ends up sideways, but I just need a damn opinion I'm not sure if this looks too messy (I don't feel too bad posting this bit as it still has a lot of work left to go on it) to send some on as just a cute little rustic/homey pin like I intended it to look? I just don't want my santa to be disappointed they are getting junk along with their card.
>>
>>8721213
That looks super cute, anon! It's perfect and would look amazing as a pin.
>>
>>8720861
>this gif is from an anime my SS likes
>never watched it before now

I forgot how exciting SS are, perhaps it's cause I don't have much chance to look for such interesting gifts as my friends largely aren't interested jfash/cosplay
>>
>>8720742
Oh shit, I missed it
>>
>>8721232
If you've seen Revolutionary Girl Utena, it's a bit like that and by a bit like that I mean totally fucks with your mind. The penguins are awesome though and the creepy doctor/librarian with his shota-boy bunnies.
>>
File: GiftartRIDEORDIE1.png (938KB, 1257x1600px) Image search: [Google]
GiftartRIDEORDIE1.png
938KB, 1257x1600px
>>8721248
>shota-boy bunnies
I should have added this to my interests.
>>
>>8721235
Same. I am actually sadden by this
>>
File: tumblr_noqcwfVgYK1tjrgk5o1_540.gif (190KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noqcwfVgYK1tjrgk5o1_540.gif
190KB, 540x270px
>>8721301
All the shota bunnies.
>>
>>8721307
Let's be Santa buddies!
>>
>>8721248
>>8721301
What is >>8720861 from? I thought that was piplup and Dawn and wondered when the hell did pokemon get so boss.

>>8721232
>never watched it before now
That happened with me too with my recipients. Being paired with people who have similar interests means I now have a list of things to check out that I will probably enjoy.

>>8721213
I think it's adorable and looks exactly like a homey, rustic pin.

I have all my materials ordered, just waiting for them to arrive before I put everything together for my santees. In the meantime I started making cards; I wish I could share it here but I don't want to spoil it.
>>
File: tumblr_loe8r8YFkN1qgo4gno1_500.gif (480KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_loe8r8YFkN1qgo4gno1_500.gif
480KB, 500x281px
>>8721325
It's from Mawaru Pengruindrum
>>
>>8721232
>this gif is from an anime my SS likes
I wish I had remembered to put this down, I would love something penguin-y
>>
>>8721213
i came in here with zero idea what was going on, but i really like this pin! i wouldn't be embarrassed wearing that.
>>
Is it weird I wish I knew what my SS giftee looked like? I'm making them a personalized pin, but it would be cute to make a mini version of them.
>>
>>8721388
That would be so cute!
>>
>>8721213
Even if they don't actually like it or want to wear it, surely they would appreciate the effort you went to, I know iI would.

I'm so excited about my ss, I love all the things they love and want to spend hours drawing for them! But also, I'm really busy and lazy, so I'm worried I won't do them justice.
>>
>>8721213
That looks damn adorable!
>>
>>8721388
This would be really cute!!!

I'm also a bit worried for something similar, I stalked my giftiees a bit to know a little more about them and since I know how they look I want to draw them on the cards, but I don't know if this would be ok?

Also I'm super excited! I go my $5 to $10 pairings a $20 gift, my $10 to $20 a $35 and my $20 to $40 a $60!
>>
>>8721334
>I would love something penguin-y
I have a cute penguin-y thing in mind, but I dunno if you're one of my santas!

>>8721423
You're so generous!
>>
>>8721423
So generous! I hope you get something lovely in return, anon.
>>
>>8721423
>I stalked my giftiees
same, hopefully it'll ensure they love their gifts
>>
>>8721423
>>8721442
Thank goodness other people did this. I was worried I was being a massive creeper for snooping through my giftee's facebook likes.
>>
File: cglssgiftees.png (962KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
cglssgiftees.png
962KB, 1000x500px
Well...I tried to do an inspiration collage like another anon was doing, but I'm not sure it helped me much...I'm hoping the supplement email comes soon.
>>
File: tumblr_m9kveqCLiA1qhkr9s.gif (270KB, 245x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9kveqCLiA1qhkr9s.gif
270KB, 245x192px
>>8721592
>tfw you spot yourself
Just seeing the manga version of Undertaker in that collage made my night but if you need any supplemental info about my fujoshit self, just let me know!
>>
File: secretsantas.png (982KB, 1450x406px) Image search: [Google]
secretsantas.png
982KB, 1450x406px
Hopping aboard the collage train! I've got everything bought so far and I tried to somewhat stick to their interests, thank goodness for fandom stuff.
>>
>>8721388
Same here, anon. I wanted to include a lolita illustration with her card, and I thought it would be nice if I drew her in a coord. I can't even find her on FB, though. Not sure if it's any use, but K.A.L from NY, I'd love to draw a favorite coord of yours!
>>
>>8721648
you have excellent taste, anon-friend
>>
>>8721794
I'll let you keep believing I'm not utter trash under all that cute clothing and itabagging.
>>
File: 1440097216920.jpg (92KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1440097216920.jpg
92KB, 604x453px
AWWWW SHIT, I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE STICKERS.

I just spent $24 on stickers for my card santas.
>>
Darn it, I am sorry I missed this happening!
I would have loved to sew or embroider cute things for a fellow seagull.
>>
I can't wait to see what everyone gets. Can you gulls help me decide on something? One of my santees only listed 3 characters they like and nothing else. Do I get em a fig or a bodypillow? The bodypillow is tempting me XD it's the cover as well as the stuffing, so totally functional and all :P
>>
>>8722174
I'm stuck on this too, I want to get my SS a fig, but I don't want to get them one they already have
>>
>>8720796
Mine loves well crafted hanmade stuff and her closet is full of gorgeous dresses she'd like me to accessorize. I'm soooo going to deceive her I feel bad.
Going to Baby this friday to get some pretty things so hopefully she won't resent me too much...
>>
>>8722015
I think someone in the last thread who missed the sign up said they were thinking about starting a secondary round of card giving themselves? You could definitely get in on that if it happens (or organize a second round yourself) and mail off some small handmade stuff with your card.
>>
File: bodylinedisgrace.png (11KB, 394x161px) Image search: [Google]
bodylinedisgrace.png
11KB, 394x161px
>>8722343
Adding on, I entered this round just to give gifts but I wouldn't mind doing some cards if anyone started up a second round of cards-only giving. Always wanted to make tacky shit in MS Paint like a demented five year old by slapping a Santa hat and beard on Mr Yan and writing a little rhyming poem inside to go with it since we as a board seem fond of that sort of thing.
>>
>>8720842
haha, I think I'm sending you a card!
>>
>>8722358
EG from the UK? If so I can't wait to see it! ^__^

I'm about to purchase my gifts for Z of the Philippines, YL from Canada and K from Australia. Sorry I'm not able to wrap them myself but I hope you like them ladies! Cards will be coming seperately.

When people start getting their things, are you all waiting for Christmas day or just open them as they come? I do a lot of online shopping anyway so I'd feel bad opening something thinking it's stuff I've bought if my santa wants me to leave it under the tree till xmas day. Might open my things on my birthday (boxing day) so I don't have to explain to my family that I gave my address to strangers on the internet... Just my work address, but still xD
>>
>>8720842
I'm an Australian sending to Britain, the Philippines and Canada! I wonder if we're the handful who chose to ship internationally and got paired off together?

I realized that by the time I pay shipping for my giftees, I'll be at like $40 total for each anyway.
>I-if I can keep them under 500g..
>>
>tfw you forgot to put cats as an interest

I have a lot of cats. I work at a sanctuary for feral cats. I sleep with cats, I eat with cats....My life is so damn cats that I'm at the point where putting "cats" as an interest just doesn't occur to me. It feels like putting, "breathing" as a hobby.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed in law school...
>>
>>8722362
Z from the Philippines, actually! I'll be sending a lot of trinkets to go with the card, I hope you like them.
>>
>>8722362
>YL from Canada
This is me. I am excite! I would like to hold off until christmas, but I probably won't have any self control and would open it immediately. But I'd also start writing in my thank you card right away!
>>
>>8722362
I'm opening it as soon as it comes so I'll have something fun to unwrap before Christmas gets here. Just a little pick me up to get me through the holiday season.
>>
>>8722376
>I sleep with cats
>>
>>8722415
Thank you, I can't wait! I'm currently waiting for a seller to get back to me about shipping so I can order your present, it's what you asked for so I hope you like it!
>>8722429
I just ordered yours :D I was so torn on what to get you, but I hope you like what I picked! You have great taste btw :)
>>8722436
I'm ordering all my cards online so I think everyone's going to have their cards really early at least, I think they dispatch faster than some of the items I'm ordering
>>
All the cards are nearly done, it's taking a while D: BTW if anyone is doing at least 5 cards. if you order them through MoonPig (you can upload your own photos, type what you want into the card and either have the card sent directly to the recipient, or sent to you with a spare envelope for you to write/post yourself) you get a 50% discount. Plus it gives you an option to stick an image of yourself on the back of the card, so my giftees all get to see my derpy mug! Thought it might be nice to see who your gifts/cards are coming from :) Would love to see my santas!
>>
File: 1439875262932.jpg (131KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1439875262932.jpg
131KB, 645x773px
I hope my card partner likes brooches because I just realised all three gift I've made them are pins/brooches. I just was doing a gift on each craft I enjoy doing and ended up with a rosette, a felted pin, and a crochet brooch. M from FL I hope you at least appreciate them even if you aren't a big pin person.
>>
>>8722362
I'll open the gifts on xmas but the cards as soon as they come.
>>
File: collages.png (1MB, 1153x716px) Image search: [Google]
collages.png
1MB, 1153x716px
I posted this in the last thread before it died, but AC from Spain and AM from Canada, your presents have been ordered! They're coming to me first though as I have a con the last weekend of November where I'm hoping to pick up some more cute bits and pieces! I wish I could afford to overspend more. If you have any other interests you'd like to add..?
>>
I wanted to bounce ideas off of some of you gulls, my giftee loves pink, brown, food prints and bears. I was thinking about making her a little rosette with some needle felted biscuits on it, and a brown headbow of some type? And then thowing in some nice fake lashes, and some other store-bought goodies? Does that sound like a decent gift to get?
>>
>>8722636
That sounds like a lovely present!
>>
>>8722636
That sounds really nice, anon!
>>
>>8722636
That sounds really cute! Maybe some gummy bears or something, or a mini teddy bear keyring? Your ideas are so cute, I'd love to get something like that!
>>
>>8722636
>nice fakelashes
I should have put Shironuri as one of my interests.
>>
This thread is filled with so much regret xD Hopefully we've all learned to be waaaay more descriptive for next year! All my cards and gifts for my secret seagulls have now been purchased and shall be on their way to your lovely homes and workplaces (I looked on google maps, don't judge me! Y'all got some hella nice spacious front gardens)
>>
File: IMG_20151117_195610.jpg (49KB, 360x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151117_195610.jpg
49KB, 360x522px
>>8722758
Just starting crafting here, you were fast !
But yeah, my list was pretty empty, I will be more precise next year for sure.
>>
File: Collage-01.jpg (1MB, 952x696px) Image search: [Google]
Collage-01.jpg
1MB, 952x696px
This collage thing is fun!
>>
File: Collage-02.jpg (870KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
Collage-02.jpg
870KB, 682x682px
>>8722802
>>
>>8722795
Oooh I wanna see your finished things! Lots of my gulls listed video games and certain anime character over fashion styles so I had custom cards printed out and bought their presents online, all to be sent directly to them. I live in the middle of nowhere with very few craft shops near me, let alone good ones, so for the time to order supplies to make anything, then make stuff for 8 anons while working full time, then shipping them back half way across the world, figured it'd be faster to order things
>>
I think we should all refrain from posting photos of any gifts we buy/make so we don't spoil the surprise. Take photos, but don't post until after Christmas!
>>
>>8722825
Sure, I just posted some materials that will be used, and it's mixed up with 2 other secret santa anyway. But I agree : no finished products before christmas to avoid spoiling anyone !
>>
File: ritual print coord.jpg (230KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
ritual print coord.jpg
230KB, 720x720px
>>8721592
i see myself on the right! what info would you like? i wear gothic ouji, and i am interested also in guro and visual kei. i have no handmade or store bought preference.

other: i obsessively collect things related to my fandoms, but my collections are either small or i am so obsessed that duplicates of anything would just mean i can put or wear the thing in more than one place. if i collect enough pins or dangly fandom bits i will make a gothic as fuck ita bag, so repetition or cheap fandom shit is nothing to be feared. fandom jokes are fine too!

pic related is a coord collage i am working on for personal inspo. i cannot afford/find most of these things for sale but maybe it gives you some ideas. my style is more "street snap" than "magazine photoshoot." i have thin fingers and average sized feet ("one size fits all" socks fit me fine, mens or womens). i like wearing things on my head and face and neck and hands whenever possible. layers and scarves and pins are great too. i just like to put dark weird things on my body. i make jewelry so findings, charms, and interesting beads are all right too!

i also posted the guide to shopping for a gothic lolita in the last thread, and much of what i wrote applies to myself. if you are stumped or overwhelmed a black towel is 100% fine. i dye my own hair so black towels are a blessing.

give from your heart as you are inspired and all will go well.
>>
>>8722632
AC from Spain...?
Oh God, that's me!
Maybe are you S.D.?

And you not need to buy anything more for me, please. It's so touching you take the time for buy a gift for me, I'm very happy!
(btw I'm over spending too, someone stop me)
>>
>>8722891
I'm not S.D actually! And don't worry, I enjoy buying gifts, I just hope you like what I've managed to get <3
>>
>>8721648
Actually, hearing the fujoshit part really helps haha. How about favorite colors?

>>8722868
Ahhh that is all super helpful. Thank you so much! I just wasn't sure what direction your fashion style went in (goth or punk), and I didn't want to make something that really didn't suit it.
>>
>>8722952
Favorite colors are Earth tones (green especially) and since I love me some spooky shit, black and wine red for favorite color combo.
>>
File: xx0RWzM.gif (603KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
xx0RWzM.gif
603KB, 500x291px
>>8722952
>Ahhh that is all super helpful. Thank you so much!
glad it helped! i am looking forward to what are making.
>>
I'm really excited for this, I got some nice Macaron cards to send as well! I've never done anything like this, so I'm super nervous. I hope my SS likes their gifts
>>
>>8722924
Sure I will love it <3
You're so sweet, hope you get a lot of cute things.
thank you!
>>
I'm almost sad that anon who mentioned ace attorney has a husbando.

>>8722554
you are a helpful anon!
>>
>>8723003
I'm glad to hear!!

Oh my god you guys I just have to share this, I'm doing a secret santa for my country's biggest comm, I get someone I've never met, but I've seen their name around occasionally on the FB page and they've listed their likes. After some thinking my mind goes to an indie shop that makes lovely accessories, I've bought from them at a meet but never met the owner, they sell things with gorgeous deer and flowers and everything that my person listed. I'm messaging the shop owner asking the price of a few things, and I casually mention that it's for a secret santa, and list some of the person's likes.... Turns out the person who runs the shop is the girl I was trying to buy a gift for. x_x Not so secret santa anymore, and now I'm totally stumped for what to get her! I'm so embarassed, but I guess that means I got her style perfectly right, yeah? I can't even...
>>
>>8723050
i have an etsy shop and i feared this happening, omg. at least you divined her tastes perfectly!
>>
>>8723050
I'm laughing so hard oh gosh
>never thought about going through my SS's fb likes
>>
>>8723083
Link? I need some new ideas of what to get her :P
>>8723098
Oh it's actually her likes on Elfster, it's a website the secret santa was ran through, you list things you like on there. Her Facebook profile was listed as private, so I couldn't see any info on it, or that she ran a lovely headwear shop as well... xD
>>
>>8723104
Oh! I'll have to look into that site!
>>
30 minutes into making a gift and I already messed up...I think I need to take a break.

How are things going for everyone else?
>>
>>8723340
Not making stuff, but waiting on taobao stuff

I've never ordered from it before, so I'm planning a back up currently, just in case!

I'm paranoid they won't like their gifts, even though I know it's the thought that counts
>>
File: 2015-11-16 17.45.24.jpg (1MB, 1639x1716px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16 17.45.24.jpg
1MB, 1639x1716px
A little something extra for my ss, thought I'd share here since I know a lot of gulls like sailor moon

it's not the gift fyi, that'll be something else entirely
>>
>>8723391
Cute art, anon!
>>
>>8723340
I have one of my extra card gifts finished which is super nice but the other two are sitting half finished be a use I just can't crochet or embroider atm ugh I think I can at least work on the ribbon parts and tea dying tonight which is a huge chunk of relief for me.
>>
I'm sorry whoever got me (SS from Ky) I'm sorry I'm so undescriptive. But my favorite anime is gurren lagann. And I'm really in to fallout and post apocalyptic things in general.
>>
Both of my santas were vague as fuck, so I just put together little care packages of adorable things from Daiso/Japanese dollar stores (personalized by what styles they wear.)

I find it so weird that these stores, which are just a given in Brisbane, are a huge novelty to you wacky foreigners. I can't imagine NOT having adorable $2 mugs and shit.
>>
>>8722632
AM from Canada is me! :D I had a hunch collage 1 was for me. It's lovely! I'm so excited! Whatever you gift me I'm sure I will love!
...I'm overspending like woah, too.
>>
>>8724468
Hey AM! Different Santa here, but I got you as a card. You can expect a present, too!
>>
>>8724404
You're seriously lucky. We have Daiso in America but it it sounds like they're only in California/Texas so the rest of us have to make do with overpriced anime shops or driving to the nearest Asian market.. which is easier said than done since most places don't have those either.

I think the best thing that happened to weeaboos on the East Coast is that Walmart started selling pocky and now in the dollar stores you can find Hi-Chew. Though I have spotted some of those Meiji chocolate mushrooms in Walmart as well and had to double take when I saw them because seeing Japanese shit in stores here is just so unheard of unless it's Pocky or ramen.
>>
>your order has been shipped from the UK using Royal Mail
>there is no tracking for this order

Oh heavens help me. I haven't ordered from the UK in years so I don't remember how long Royal Mail takes to get the East Coast.
>>
>>8724404
>Britfag
>we have like...3 Japanese stores in London and that's it, to the best of my knowledge, outside of cons
>so fucking jealous
>I just want cute shit
>>
I'm struggling. My first SS is in a large money bracket, but most of what she listed is anime stuff that I don't really know anything about. She said she loves classic lolita, but no particular brand. Does this mean she would prefer indie/handmade? Or just whatever brand? There's no mention of colors or what sort of items she'd like so I'm kind of lost. I don't know if it's okay if I just get a few accessories/socks because I was hoping to get one large thing, but I can't figure out her style. Any ideas?

Second SS is male (aristocrat or ouji? I'm not sure). I'm worried about fit, so I'm kind of at a loss as to how males accessorize. I wanted to get him a hat, but I'm worried it'll be too small and look too feminine and/or weird.
>>
>>8724629
Yup, Japan Centre, Tokyo Toys wherever the hell they are anymore, whats the third? Used to have a generic asian shop near me that sold pocky and hi-chew, but it was mostly rip off totoro merch and a billion lucky cats in there and it closed years ago
>>
>>8724905
Ha, those are the only two I know of. There's probably another shop in Chinatown somewhere, there used to be at least one manga shop that did some cute shit near Seven Dials, but I only went once and that was years ago, I can't remember what it was called. We are seriously lacking in any kind of "kawaii" shit over here, it makes me so sad.
>>
>>8724896
Maybe a tie..? Or some nice generic-sized gloves? I'm not into egl so I'm not sure about ouji/aristo but those are generic dude gifts I've bought in the past.
>>
A from Farmington Hills,: just for you to know that I wanted to get your reserved present in Paris this week-end, but apparently they say there's a risk in the underground stations (the situation there isn't very safe yet). I'm truly sorry if your package arrives a bit late because of this, I'll send you all the handmade part anyway, so you'll still get something. I truly hope you'll understand, I'm trying to find an alternative...
>>
File: tumblr_nv1755SM1F1rmhtufo1_1280.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv1755SM1F1rmhtufo1_1280.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>8724896
check the /ouG/ thread (both active and archived) for some sample coords and discussion. a lot of guys post there, according to a recent gender poll, and now and then there is an inspo dump.

a flat-top hat is usually good for ouji, as are military or tricorn hats. trims are often metallic or feathery, with a flower or two being all right (especially romantic flowers like roses). feminine hats often have wider or floppier brims, bigger bows, more lace and delicate trims, and can be more flamboyant, with trailing chiffon.

pic related: bottom row is more masculine than upper row, with upper middle being very feminine. these are all simple black hats but the shape and trim still gives a gendered feel, if that makes sense.
>>
File: u6Gtd.jpg (94KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
u6Gtd.jpg
94KB, 700x511px
>>8724939
wrong pic! this is what i meant.

also, replace >>8724913 the tie idea with a jabot or cravat. a jabot with a detachable brooch is hella versatile.
>>
>>8724940
Top left is my ideal aristo hat. I just never find offbrand stuff like that.
>>
>>8724930
Ah no worries! I completely understand! You're making me really excited now, I didn't expect to matched with someone in Europe as I hadn't chosen international shipping. I look forward to it, anon!
>>
>>8724940
sage for OT, but where the FUCK can I find a wig like that?
>>
>>8724896
What's the initials and country of your SS? Also, everyone can enjoy handmade stuff.
>>
>>8724913
>>8724939
Thanks anons for the suggestions. I'll check out the ouji thread for ideas. The hat pics are super helpful.

>>8725016
My first SS is from CA, USA, initials EC. I could try handmade, but I'm at a loss as to what she needs or how to make it match that value. I'd want to get supplies from taobao, but I don't have enough time for that...
>>
>>8725074
>I'd want to get supplies from taobao, but I don't have enough time for that...
there are some taobao resellers on eBay or Etsy that do swift shipping. i order from AliExpress and some suppliers are faster than others.

being late is also probably fine, especially if you send a card ahead of time.
>>
>>8724479
You're so sweet~ Thank you! <3
>>
>>8722376
I feel you, anon. We have one pet cat and 1-6 strays that we feed on any given day, one of which we've had to take to the vets on multiple occasions and who lives in the garden. Putting cats down as an interest is like putting children down as an interest.
>>
File: 1446591102669.gif (2MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1446591102669.gif
2MB, 250x141px
>>8724629
>>8724506
>Pocky.
>Hi-Chew.
>Meiji.

I guess I'll stop by the Asian supermarket on the weekend, then!
I can't remember if I saw KitKat last time I was in the US - Do you guys get them at all? The store down here has the big bags of mini-sized ones in Japanese flavours; I could get one and put them in my cards!
>>
>>8725222
I read this as "euthanizing cats as an interest is like euthanizing children as an interest" and freaked out a little.
>>
>>8725223
KitKats are American originally, so we have them everywhere. but we don't have the Japanese flavors.
>>
Just did a Daiso run for some fillers since it seems like they aren't as common as I originally thought. Waiting for one gift in the mail and also picking up a couple of small items over the weekend, and I am all ready to pack and ship. I went over budget for all of my giftees, but I am so excited!
>>
>>8725340
I think most of us ended up going over budget in our excitement.
>>
>>8722802
oh I think this is me! The jojo seems very incongrous to everything else doesn't it? haha. The collage looks great! and I am so excited!
>>
>tfw no collage
>>
>>8725340
>>8725340
What small stuff did you get? I did a run but had a hard time picking stuff and mine seems to be out of fluffy keychain balls. I got a lot of Chocorooms and origami paper and some cute sewing supplies but I feel like I was missing something big and obvious
>>
Well I am almost fully done with two gifts and have started the embroidery for the last and for my card but I managed to lose my only thread sized crochet needle right before my work week starts fucking end me
>>
>>8725268
Okay, I'll see if there's anything a bit more exciting that is small enough to fit into the cards.

>>8725683
I've only seen the Meiji mushrooms in the original packaging (no English) so I always assumed that they were gummy. Definitely going to grab some for myself now, heheh.

I got a bunch of cute socks from my Daiso! Everybody loves socks.
>>
>>8725683
I just got hair accessories that might work with my giftee's style since I think all of them are Lolitas.
>>
Maybe I should make a Daiso run myself, since my SS is on the east.

I'm mostly done with both of my SS, just need a few more things to pad it out. I actually really like one of the gifts I made and want to keep it, but that would be uncool.
>>
>be me
> in $20-$40 section
>find perfect gift for secret santa
> limited edition figure
>$150
I-I really wanna go over just to make someone's Christmas a million times better, I'm working extra shifts

Would it be frowned upon of me to get it for them? I don't care that it won't be matched at all, I want them to be really happy. They seem sweet.

What do gulls? Find something equally as cool but less expensive/closer to my bracket? Or go for it?
>>
>>8725823
Go for it, anon! I don't think there's anything wrong with it, even if nobody else does as much.

Your intention is to make someone super happy, not to show off. That's what really matters!
>>
>>8725823
Maybe see if you can find it cheaper somewhere? I'd definitely check myfigurecoollection for the value and then yahoo auction, mandarake etc.
>>
>>8725842
>mfw just found it for half that price on Amazon Prime

I'm gonna go for it, I love going that extra mile.

I hope she likes it, I'm afraid of getting figures in case if they already have it

But fuck it, I'm gonna spoil my SS, it's the season of giving.
>>
>>8725851
Your ss is super lucky! I wish I'd picked to send one big gift rather than a whole bunch of smaller gifts.
>>
>>8725819
Could you make yourself one just like it? I think it's sweet to share an identical item with your secret santa, it's sort of like each of you having one half a friendship charm.
>>
>>8726096
Oh gosh, not that anon, but if I received something from my SS and they let me know they had a matching one, it'd be so sweet!
>>
>>8725851
>half that price on Amazon Prime
Be careful that isn't a bootleg, anon.
>>
I thought we were getting additional information on our SS? Is that by request only? I was hoping to know what category they chose.
>>
>>8726203
You could always ask here since others have and gotten answers without any problems. Just give their initials and their state or something so they know it's them?
>>
>>8726206
I've tried that and got helpful response, but not from my actual SS. So I'm still unsure if I have the right idea or I'm completely off base.
>>
>>8726210
Huh. Well, I'd email Santa-anon then since they might be too busy to send out the emails to everyone but they'd more than likely send you yours on request.
>>
I'd really like to make some sweets, but I'm worried about allergies and if my SS wouldn't open it until Christmas. I'd love for my SS to open it right away.
>>
>>8726378
Could always write on the packaging something like "please open me asap, I'm fresh!" I've written Seagull Mail on all of my christmas cards going out, so people know where they're from.
>>
Am I the only one that probably won't wait until Christmas to open my gifts? I tend to usually open gifts from friends as soon as I get them so I can tell them how much I liked them and thank them asap.

Plus with mentions of bodypillows in here, I'm a little afraid to open up a mystery gift in front of family on Christmas day.
>>
>>8726392
If you send a card with a box of sweets, do you use the card's envelope as the address, or do you just put it in the box. I've never had a chance to send stuff like this.
>>
>>8726399

Haha I sent the bodypillow ;) It's totally SFW (for a body pillow) but I'm hoping it'll get a few laughs from my SS. Have I put everyone into body pillow fear?
>>8726404
I had all my gifts posted directly from shops, but I'd say if you can attach the card super securely to the box, and I mean tape the crap out of it to make sure it doesn't fall off, then just use the card's envelope.
>>
I'm so gosh darn excited. I always make a metric ass ton of Christmas sweets but I'm the only person in my house who ever ends up eating them.
>>
>>8726423
...it wasn't the Mr Yan one, was it?
>>
>>8726378
i think any gulls with allergies would specify. or contact the SS organizer and ask for allergy info. fragrance, food, etc.
>>
>>8726455
I'll do that, plus probably include a list of ingredients for everything just in case. Maybe even a recipe or two.
>>
IH from CT, USA, if you're lurking, I really need to know what size you are. Are you average Japanese male M, L, or not going to fit Japanese sizing? I'm finding some really good deals, but the sizing is what is stopping me. Any information would be helpful!
>>
>>8726159
I did, and I had my friend verify it since I know nothing about the series

I already have some stuff from taobao coming for her as well

>>8725885
I've never done this, so why not go all out?

How should we package them? Wrap each gift individually then put it in the box to ship? I love unwrapping things t b h
>>
>>8726633
this is me! i fit a Japanese men's size M, according to my BPN for Men/Gadget Grow tags. for other brands, i fit the typical Men's size well but they do not specify beyond that (Moitie, AatP, Boz) as far as i can tell. i have not had good luck fitting into regular Black Peace Now/Peace Now or the lolita versions of the other brands mentioned.

my rule when shopping is to aim for a 40cm shoulder and 78-80cm waist. depending on fabric stretch, 38 might be fine for shoulders, while going over 45cm could be too baggy.
>>
>>8725673
anon, i have 10 santas (5 gifts and 5 collages). i will be sure to post collages for all of them since seeing myself pop up in a couple felt very nice.
>>
>>8726096
I could, it's just that it took me a while and I'm not ready to make another haha. I actually did make an identical item for myself one year when my comm did an SS.

>>8726446
What would someone have to put on their interests to get the Yanners pillow?
>>
>>8726682
Lolita, probably.
>>
>>8726661
Dang, that's perfect. Thanks anon. I really hope you like it.
>>
>>8726378
I'm sending my SS chocolate in the shape of an animal they like. Spanish anons, please let me know if you have allergies to anything in chocolate! It should be in date for at least a few months, and hopefully it won't melt. I'll pack it well in case it does.
>>
File: 1441308460384.gif (93KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1441308460384.gif
93KB, 612x612px
>>8726726
excited! thank you, i likely will.

my giftees will be receiving handmade items, but i promise they will not be dull. i am spread monetarily thin this holiday season, but i have hordes of supplies.
>>
I'm having some serious anxiety over some of the gifts I bought and I can't stop second-guessing myself.

I got a few pieces of Sailor Moon themed jewelry for my SS and at first I was really worried that she'd already have some or all of it, but now I'm panicking even more because the thought occurred to me that it's probably not official licensed merchandise and I feel like a scammy cheapskate scumbag.

I just want everything to be perfect, but I can't help but pick apart my every decision until I can't tell if I'm being irrational or not anymore.
>>
>>8726896
I got my SS some cute unofficial stuff. Who's even going to care if it's not brand? Do hardcore fans even keep tabs on what is and isnt official merch? Sometimes fanmade or inspired stuff looks really interesting
>>
>>8725074
ah EC from US here. Indie/Handmade is fine. I'm in need of accessories. I'm a sucker for ascots and brooches. I lean towards the larger sizes so stockings and knee socks are not a good idea. My colors are purple, black, dark blue, and creme. Or peach, cream and gold.

Im also okay if you go below the price range since shipping is tough.
>>
What is everyone doing, cardwise? Are you making your own cards? Buying from Hallmark? Etsy?
I can't art, and I'm stumped on what I should do.
>>
>>8726980
I got custom ones printed from Moonpig, they seem expensive but you get 50% off if you get 5 or more, even if they're different designs
>>
>>8726980
I just found a website that sells blank artist's cards and found really nice ones based on what interests my ss's had (e.g the two that said they liked cute things I chose one with an adorable blackbird on the front, and someone who liked Gothic stuff I went for a landscape painting of old London at night). They were actually cheaper than most cards you find in shops. And I'm just going to do a letter-long message inside with an attempt at cute doodles!
>>
>>8722364
Actually, had more of a problem sorting non international people, hence why some cosplayers got lolitas etc.

We'll need to do a poll if you guys still want to late card, but if turnout is low, then it has to be international for everyone.

I'm sending out the email as soon as we gather all the updated information you've sent us.

If you know that your gift will arrive late, email us and we'll notify your sendee.
>>
>>8726961
Thank you anon that helps a lot! I'll try to find you something nice. I'll do my best so it's not late!
>>
>>8726980
I printed mine from Snapfish. It looks really pretty and I'll probably put some stickers on it from my stationary. I'll include a little something because it's not very handmade, ha ha.
>>
>>8727164
I think I meant cravats, I keep calling them ascots because I've been watching too much Venture Brothers.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.188347664.jpg (55KB, 569x807px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.188347664.jpg
55KB, 569x807px
>>8727177
terminology is iffy, but pic related is what is modernly understood as a cravat
>>
>>8727179
a jabot simulates the shape of a cravat but is not actually tied; it is sewn into its shape, and can be more elaborate.
>>
>>8727181
Jabot is what I meant, but its up to you. I usually make my own, so I don't know what they are called.

That and Ace Attorney fandom has been calling Edgeworth's Jabot as a cravat for many moons.
>>
>>8727185
the terms are technically nigh interchangable, just felt like sharing shit.

also not the SS you were responding to, just a random neckwear enthusiast
>>
>>8726896
>>8726917
As someone who collects official merch, fanmerch is typically okay, but bootleg is a bit... eh. It's the thought that counts though, to be honest. I'm pretty sure your Santee is not going to bit your head off over it.
>>
>>8724930
Stay safe anon.
>>
>>8727185
>>8727196
Well that makes more sense. I looked it up, but still was unsure what you had meant by ascot. Thanks for clearing that up!
>>
>>8727312
>>8726896
I specifically put down NO BOOTLEGS in my application. It is something I'd rather not support in any way. Handmade in the sense that it's pretty much one-of-a-kind, doesn't directly trace/copy an official item, or only shared with yourself or amongst few people is totally fine though.
>>
>All of these people getting bent out of shape over the legitimacy of free gifts
>>
File: grimoire.jpg (319KB, 702x556px) Image search: [Google]
grimoire.jpg
319KB, 702x556px
>>8727400
>tfw I got a few of my santees some cute replica socks because they fit into my gift budget
I'm sorry, I just wanted to get you gulls some cute things ;_;
>>
>>8727444
I second this. It's kind of a disgusting attitude, tbqh. Everybody is working hard for their Santas and I don't see why it's so hard to overlook something so trivial for the sake of community and goodwill.
>>
>>8727444
>free

Not really. You're expected to send out something in the same bracket value. Now, people say you're in this for the spirit of the season and it's the giving that matters, but I'd be lying if I said receiving something quite shitty and thoughtless like a dime-a-dozen Chinese knock-off keychain wouldn't be a disappointment at all.
>>
>>8727509
I hope you're not referencing the other anon's gift (that she was worried about) in that manner, because if that's the case you really ought to leave /cgl/.
>>
>>8726980
i am handmaking mine. i hope my card recipients have a healthy sense of humor!
>>
How do you all feel about potentially getting something that has nothing to do with your listed interests?
I love sewing, and was planning on making some things like plush toys, blankets, nightgowns, etc. for gifts, but is that too... Weird? Should I just try to stick to lolita stuff like bloomers or wrist cuffs?
>>
>>8727540
It would be nice if it had something in common. What if you give the ouji in the thread a nightgown?
>>
>>8727540
I'd love stuff like that, to be honest, but nightgowns maybe not because of sizing.
>>
>in $5-10 price bracket
>bought knockoff shit because shipping already makes me go over my budget, even if it's like $2
>they arrive, they're really cute, well-made and I would love them as a gift
>if my SS doesn't like them, tough titties
>>
I really hope that everyone that signed up actually gets things for their recipients. I thought loads of us signed up, and it feels like the same ten or so of us are still discussing this. I don't think some of my recipients have posted at all...
>>
I kind of regret not signing up, I was a little wary of how a secret santa would work on this board but everyone's being so creative with their gift and card ideas.
>>
>>8727509
What if you're getting multiple non-knockoff things and one of them happens to be some cute unofficial jewelry?
>>
>>8727842
I only signed up for cards, so there's not a whole lot to discuss. Also, I got too ambitious and decided it would be a good idea to try to draw postcard-sized prints for all of my card people and that's basically eaten my entire life for the past week.

I like seeing everyone else's discussions though, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside
>>
>>8727842
Well, I kind of already know what I'm giving so there's no point in asking for a second opinion and potentially ruining the surprise. It's fun to see other people discussing things though.
>>
>>8727540
I can't speak for everyone, but I personally would be super excited to receive a nightgown! I really like those ideas!
>>
>>8727842
Basically what >>8727965 said: I already know what I'm sending. I've also been keeping mum about my stuff because I'm making the gifts and I can't really talk about it without spoiling things.

That being said, LT from Victoria AUS and CD from Wales UK, if you're lurking then be assured that I am working on your gifts!

And on another note, is USPS the best way to ship things internationally? I checked Fedex and UPS and the prices there were outrageous...
>>
Maybe this is silly but hoping for confirmation that my SS is working on/planning something! I'm DC from the UK.
>>
>>8728035
USPS is cheaper, but still outrageous. But they try to get you to buy tracking, when you can just use the custom form number as tracking (it doesn't work quite the same as tracking, but it'll tell you when it gets there).
>>
File: kqqzz12549.jpg (66KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
kqqzz12549.jpg
66KB, 168x168px
I suppose a lot of people are hoping for confirmation.

I got a bunch of canadian lolitas and getting multiple things for each of them:
MG, SP, and AM from Ontario
JM From Quebec
NS from Alberta
HG from Manitoba

One of them is actually in my comm so I will be giving them their gift at the kurisumasu event.
>>
>>8726753
Spaniard here, I don't have any allergies
>>
A lot of the stuff I ordered for my ss is arriving today and I'm excited. I even already bought presents for my husband and his mother. I just love Christmas so much. ,
>>
>>8727842
I've been lurking for the most part getting ideas and getting excited, but JL from IL I already got your gift! I have five card tier but I'm throwing in a couple small items with those too.
>>
>>8728164
>JL from IL
>tfw that's me
>>
File: 1443492976989.gif (582KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443492976989.gif
582KB, 350x280px
>>8728215
yay, totallllllly not nervous now
>>
if you are one of the following, you are getting at least one handmade OOAK item relevant to your interests, and possibly other things.

>ML from OH
>SMMM from GTO
>EG from NY
>EC from CA
>JD from GA

have no fear.
>>
File: tumblr_n31l7mzSaG1srxl4lo1_500.gif (479KB, 480x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n31l7mzSaG1srxl4lo1_500.gif
479KB, 480x331px
>>8728243
I just got your card--you're so sweet, I was not expecting that! I want to open it so bad but I'll wait until the holidays.
>>
>>8727453
It's alright anon. I'd take bootleg stuff if it was sent as a gift. Ain't no shame in it.
>>
>>8727881
Santa-anon said they were going to see about a second cards-only round.
>>
File: 1zei2qh.gif (2MB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
1zei2qh.gif
2MB, 500x206px
>>8721731
Just in case my secret santas didn't recognize themselves..

TC from CA
IH from CT

Your gifts have been bought! I'm getting them shipped to me though so I can put them all in one package but I'll post here as soon as I send them off to you!
>>
File: 1435809388693.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1435809388693.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>8728586
>>
>>8728397
oh I haven't sent anything out yet, so it has to be from someone else who got you. I can't wait to see what everyone got though and hope you like my gift too!
>>
So when has everyone agreed to post pictures of what they got sent? Is it Christmas Eve or Christmas Day or some other date you all want to decide on?
>>
>>8728609
I will probably upload them when I unbox. I don't know if I'll be able to wait until christmas, but I'll try!
>>
>>8728041
I think you might be my match - I'm not 100% sure , but if so I've started buying stuff and the first thing came through today! I'm really excited for it to be finished!
>>
>>8728644
I wrote down Neville Longbottom as one of my interests, if that helps...if it is me, I'm so excited! Thank you so much!
>>
>>8728215
You're one of my card people!! I put Seagull Mail on your card :)
>>
FK from Denmark
SP from Ontario

I bought part of your gifts tonight! They'll be sent directly to you! I have a card and a few other goodies to send you, so expect a couple packages from me!
>>
NS from Alberta, I hope you don't mind me asking here, but if you see this I'd like to know what if any types of themes and colours you like in prints/accessories and whatnot.
>>
>>8728632
Same, I'm always so anxious for Christmas gifts

I might accidentally open it early
>>
>re watching Madoka Magica

My SS likes it, so I should know more about it. JJBA is next.

>JD from Georgia, you're gonna get spoiled.
I'm waiting for an item to come back in stock, it'll be up in the next few days and I'll mail stuff out ASAP as I can get everything into one box!
>>
File: cutesheep.jpg (137KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
cutesheep.jpg
137KB, 640x427px
>>8728829
That's me! I got so excited when I saw this post; I really hope you enjoy Madoka Magica and JJBA. It's so kind of you to put this much effort into it! I'm in the process of getting my items together for shipping as well over the next few days. I can't wait!
>>
>>8728857
I'm already a fan of Madoka Magica, but wanted to get a better feel for it!
>homura is a qt

I'm sending multiple items in a box, wrapped, and am going a little over budget, I hope you don't mind! I can't wait to see if you like your items once you finally open it though

>never done one of these
>so fucking excited
>>
>>8726896
I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be for me! Either way, don't worry about it anon. That you went to the effort of finding something you thought would make them happy is wonderful in itself!

I wasn't going to namedrop because it feels like it could ruin the surprise, but I don't want my santas to worry.
Some people in /toy/s SS thread are losing their shit over not being namedropped.

>Sally M in the UK.
>Natasha S in Canada.

Your gifts are being sent today!
>>
>>8728254
>EG from NY
That might be me!

I have LF from GA, SS from KY, AND CB from CA. I'm still buying around for my gifts, I hope to finish soon! I wish I had some artistic ability, a handmade gift is such a lovely gesture
>>
Calling K from WA Australia, A from QLD Australia, EG from England, and O from Netherlands. Do any of you have allergies and/or an aversion to chocolates and other sweet stuff?

>>8728609
Probably sometime in January. My mother wants me to stay with her for the holidays and it's too late for me to change my address to hers (probably. In any case, I don't want to bother based santa elf anon with messaging my santas)
>>
>>8729259
EG from England!! Apart from being allergic to dust, nope XD I have a very sweet tooth though, so sweet things sounds lovely! Thank you, I can't wait :)
>>
>>8729259
>A from QLD.

Aww yiss. I don't have any allergies, and sweet treats are much appreciated!
>>
>>8722636
That sounds like a really lovely gift anon!

I am struggling to figure out to do for my giftees. I have a 5-10 and a 10-20, and the price range seems really restrictive. I don't mind spending a bit more, so I was planning on buying them some small accessories from CC/Fururun as well as crafting something. The thing I'd like to get for my 10-20 is like 3800 yen, but I think they'd really like it.
It's just hard to think of what to craft when I mostly only have brand names and some colors to work with.

Also, would commissioning someone for card artwork be weird? I can't draw to save my life, so I was hoping to have a friend draw the base of the cards and then I'd spruce it up with bits of lace, glitter, etc.
>>
>>8729103
I'm SS from Ky! I am so sorry that I had no clue how to properly fill out my interests.
>>
>>8729289
>>8729303
Good to know! I already bought the sweets and it just occurred to me that not everybody likes/can eat them.
>>
>>8729378
do what you like! a surprise extra hurts no one. they may feel bad for not going over budget themselves, but i think everyone understands that the budget is what is expected and anything extra is pure goodwill.
>>
All of my supplies finally came in but I'm gonna wait until a day off to start putting together packages.
>>
If KAL from NY is in the thread, I'd love to know what some of your favorite motifs/prints are! Or even favorite animals or types of accessories!
>>
If we got someone for both a card and a gift, should we send those things separately? I am sending cards with my packages anyhow, but I'd planned to mostly make one card base and then alter its colors/materials based on my SS' preferences. I feel like it would be weird to send two cards to the same person.
>>
>>8729648
no need for two cards, but if you wanted to send a card to someone new you could let the santa's helper gulls know.
>>
>>8728809
Sorry for the lack of specific info in my description! If it's any help, my lolita wardrobe has lots of cream, brown, gold, black, red, and silver. For day-to-day stuff, I like green and pale colours.
For prints, I like patterns (think Meta's kimono series or tartan) or large border prints (think chocolate stuff by AP)

I'm sure whatever you get will be perfect though! Thank you so much!
>>
Just going to put these up for the people eagerly waiting
>JM from Quebec
>ML from Ohio
>LT from Australia
>YL from Alberta

I'm making you all some great stuff! I'll be working on it this weekend, so hopefully shipping soon!
>>
>>8729772
Great, thanks so much for the info! This helps a lot!
>>
Should we wrap the items inside so they can be put under a tree? I was thinking about doing that and putting a note on the package saying everything was wrapped, so it's okay to open?

>I'm a slut for wrapping presents really nicely
>parents just bought $150+ worth of wrapping paper and ribbon
>>
>>8729853
i might do this, anon.
>>
>>8729540
I'm here! I love most common fluffy animals, bunnies, bears, etc. AP's lyrical bunny is one of my favorite characters. I love birds a lot too.

I love chocolate and food themes too but I don't own any prints of them yet. I tend to not wear a lot of accessories, but I like necklaces the best!

Hope that helps :)
>>
>>8729883
Thank you, that helps a lot! I had some idea of what to go for thanks to the brands and colors you mentioned, but I didn't want to go with a motif or animal that you didn't like.
>>
>>8729785
YL here, thank you so much for taking the time to craft stuff! If I was more crafty I would have, but seeing you guys in action here and the best accessories thread really gets me wanting to try it out for myself sometime.
>>
>>8728254
>SMMM from GTO
That's me! I'm so excited!!!!
>>
>investigate SSs' interests
>plan to grab fan merch
>cannot afford to do more than handmade though

well, you got me into the Fate/Stay series!
>>
wait wait, are all you sending your cards already?
I was thinking on sending next month so it just arrive on Christmas, also I'm waiting to 2 gifts I've bought for my SS...
>>
>>8730672
i am waiting for first week of December, which is the deadline, i believe.
>>
>>8730672
The email said have everything sent by the first week of December so anytime up until that point is alright. Some people like to send early just in case of mail delays so at the worst, it'll be delivered by early December.
>>
>>8730865
>>8730692
>>8730672
I'm really worried that my stuff won't arrive on time. A couple domestic US packages might get sent out like second week of December, sorry seagulls.
>>
So I chose the $10 range and my person put a bunch of anime that she liked so I went on jlist and ordered her some cute candy and some cookie things that have one of the anime that she likes on the packaging and that comes with stickers of it. I'm starting to think maybe this was a bad idea. What if she doesn't like sweets? What if the stuff from jlist doesn't come in time? She had also put that she liked drawing and art I believe so I think I might buy her some small nice art things just in case but I don't know shit about art what would be a good small thing to get her?
>>
My wrapping is so awful. I'm so sorry, giftees.

Also, I've got some large envelopes but I might have to send 2 envelopes to each giftee depending on what I get them (I'm going to a con next weekend, and they have some gifts but if I can find more I'll get them more) - I won't use the envelopes for anything else, and I don't mind extra shipping fees. I'll let you know if you should expect 2 packages! I'm hoping to get some cute stickers to put on the outside.

Also, I was going to draw my cards, but I'm so busy at work and not really feeling inspired, and I'm sure I can find cute cards at this con relevant to their interests. It'll support some more artists, too. Hoping that's not too lazy.
>>
>>8730877
It's alright anon, I'm having that issue too. One of my gifts I bought the seller suddenly went bad and reviews have said they've never even got their stuff sent out and the seller isn't answering my messages asking when they'll ship so I've had to buy the same item from another seller and keep my fingers crossed.
>>
>>8730877
same here, I had to return some supplies I bought because they came in damaged. SL from MI, if you're here I'm waiting on the new supplies to hopefully arrive, your gift might be a bit late! so sorry!
>>
CM from AZ, I'm trying to finish up your gift. I hope you like gingerbread cookies.
I ordered from amiami, using EMS, so it'll be here soon. But if it's a little later, please don't think you're getting grinched! I'm still ordering stuff for you (got paid recently), and it's all coming in now. I'll be looking for a few more things while I'm out. I'm not a lolita, so I'm still kinda looking at things that you may like in that vein.

R from VA
ML from OH
CK from TX
KCHU from WI
SMMM from GTO
I'm working on your cards right now. You'll also get gingerbread and a small trinket, but if you don't want it, you can throw it away lol.
>>
JC from AL, the biggest part of your gift is heading directly to you. I hope that's okay with you! I was a little concerned about it not arriving on time with the rest of your stuff, but this way it might get to you ahead of your other gifts. Everything else will be packaged up together and sent to you! I got excited and went a little over budget...
>>
File: awwwwyeh.gif (572KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
awwwwyeh.gif
572KB, 500x281px
>>8731278
I'm so excited!! Thank you!! I'm still getting things, so I'm going a bit overbudget myself. I might flex my crafty fingers and see if I can make a cute gothic accessory. Or look at one I can buy and get shipped quickly.
>>
Does anyone know of a site where I can print stuff, like mousepads or the like?
>>
>>8731362
Artsbov
>>
So, is there any consensus on whether it's okay to send food? I'd love to send some biscuits/chocolate and tea from my favorite local shops as fillers, but I don't know if that would be weird.
>>
I think it would be great, but maybe you can email santa gull and helper and have them ask your santee about any allergies?
>>
>>8731418
do it, include ingredients, package carefully.
>>
>>8731418
I say go for it!
>>
File: 1427695871370.jpg (84KB, 426x449px) Image search: [Google]
1427695871370.jpg
84KB, 426x449px
Just printed the tracking slip for my SS! Sunnyvale-anon, I hope you like what I put in! ;_;
Please keep a look-out for a box with lots of holographic tape on it.
>>
>>8729103
>LF from GA
oh shit that's me! i'm so excited, bless you anon ( ・´◡`・ )
>>
File: im not crying its raining.jpg (39KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
im not crying its raining.jpg
39KB, 650x365px
>tfw you didn't get to get in on this
I was gonna send so many dragon dildos....
>>
>>8731612
And I'm sure your secret santa would have sent you the most glorious exotic animal shit, as deserved, and had it sprinkled with glitter for some extra Christmas cheer.
>>
File: we both know the truth nigga.jpg (32KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
we both know the truth nigga.jpg
32KB, 600x446px
>>8731654
>being this mad about it
>>
>>8731612
I'd honestly love one of those.
>>
File: 1397019716321.png (744KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1397019716321.png
744KB, 800x600px
I'll do my best to respond to any e-mails tomorrow night. I won't be able to send out mass messages for interests, but please e-mail me if you need it urgently. I'll make sure to send a message to your partner with any questions you may have.

>>8726217
Sorry for not sending anything out. I'm crazy busy right now with client work and my part-time job.

>>8728135
S-S-Santa is one of these. It's cute how you're giving one of your SS gifts out in person.

>>8728576
Santa's Helper and I discussed the possibility of a second round. It really depends on how many people would be interested. If anyone wants to step up and make a poll, feel free. If we have enough I can set it up. I'm sure Santa's Helper is pretty sick of looking at names and e-mails by now.
>>
>>8731612
yo those are fucking expensive please
>>
CM from AZ
JC from AL
AH from QLD
NS from Alberta

I am working on your cards! I am making little something to go with it for you all, so I hope I can make it on time. If they are slightly delayed, I apologize, but they will get to you hopefully with added goodness!
>>
File: 1386231792486.gif (1MB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
1386231792486.gif
1MB, 200x118px
>>8721834
>tfw spent $600 in one month for stickers at ArtBox

I'm not in this SS thing but if I was I wouldn't mind Anon. Also I need that sweater in your pic so badly.
>>
>>8725851
As a person who's in the figure hobby and frequents /toy/, bless you anon. This hobby is not a cheap one and gifts, even figures you don't like, are always appreciated greatly.
>>
ML from OH, L from WA, and AF from MI, I just finished packing up your gifts and will be sending them out tomorrow! Keep an eye out!

Also, if the Seagull Santa is around, I might have enough extra to make one or two extra present boxes. It won't be as cohesive as the other ones but I wouldn't mind sending it out if somebody's Santa flaked.
>>
>>8731612
>mfw I would have loved that
>>
>>8730926
It sounds like you're over-thinking things.... It's the sentiment behind the gift that's most important IMO. Even if your SS doesn't like sweets, she can still share it with others who do and keep the tin/stickers as a memento. If you're concerned the stuff won't arrive on time, you can namedrop your SS like other anons have in this thread to let her know that the gift will be late.

As for art stuff, things that are cheap but still useful would be sharpeners, pencil grips (cylindrical or triangular), pencil caps, click erasers (triangle shaped are best), black or white eraser (such as pentel hi-polymer erasers)...
>>
>>8731721
>>8731947
>>8732226
SEE I SAY SHIT AS A JOKE AND I GET ACTUAL TAKERS. I ALREADY HAD TO BUY TWO.

I'm a man of my word God damn it.
>>
MT from EST
FK from DEN
YY from ACT
LT from VIC

If any of you are lurking in here I'd love to know if you have any allergies! I might not get everything out by the first week in December but you'll certainly have it by christmas!
>>
NS from Alberta, if you are still around - what hair color have you?
>>
I cocked up, basically. If anyone has DC from England, that's me, and I put my house number wrong. It's 87, not 81. I'm really sorry. If I have got someone and they've already posted it, I'll ask my neighbour to look out for it, and I'm sure it'll be fine, but just in case if you haven't sent it.

To Santa and Santa's-helper anons, I'm so sorry, I'm a moron.
>>
>>8732632
Different santa who got her, but a check on facebook suggests blonde.
>>
Hey - any ideas for crafts for a secret santa partner?
Not the one from /cgl/ but I'm kind of stuck. I plan to make a few felt clips like >>8721213 (which is HELLA cute btw) but of bats, and I'm not sure what else to include.
I don't like buying gifts much, they seem very impersonal.
>>
>>8733023
Ah, thank you very much fellow santa, your facebook skills exceed mine
>>
>>8728035
>CD from Wales UK
Thats me! Holy shit I'm really excited, good luck working on it!
>>
>>8732835
As in this DC? >>8728041 just double checking to make sure I've definitely got the right anon!
>>
>>8733274
Just letting you know that you may get your gift late; I'm having trouble acquiring this one component in the spec I want so I may just settle if I can't find anything by the end of the week... Anyway if you keep checking back then I'll let you know once I have the package dropped off at the post office!

>>8733033
You will need to share more information about your SS since we have nothing to go on right now.
>>
>>8733277
Both me, yup!
>>
Is it too late to change categories? I got 5 cards and have ended up in the $5-110 nd $20 brackets.
>>
>>8734051
change to what?
>>
>>8734054
The other brackets since I was in the card bracket and have ended up in the gift bracket. It's no big deal as I didn't realise how easy it was to get carried away...
>>
>>8734087
I think it's pretty much too late to change anything, anon, since people have been paired and are buying gifts now.
>>
>>8734087
i would let the organizers know. if you cannot gift someone, they might find a replacement. at least one anon has expressed a willingness to gift to anyone who gets grinched!
>>
>>8734109
I thought this anon meant thy are getting gifts for people who they were just supposed to send cards to not they can't send to people
>>
>>8734051
A lot of people put gifts when they're card only, anon. If you're going to buy gifts when it's not required, you kind of have to choose to do it out of goodwill and not expect something back.
>>
>>8734087
I'm pretty sure that anon means she signed up for the card bracket and has just realised that Santaanon accidentally put her in the gift bracket?
>>
I went a bit overboard with sign-ups and gifts (2 gifts, 5 cards which have gifts anyway.) because I'd just started a new job.

Whoops, the store is closing down after a week!

>About to ship out gifts/cards today.
>There's $51 of shipping fees I'll never get back ha haaaaaaa.
>>
File: 1448088313893.jpg (26KB, 283x281px) Image search: [Google]
1448088313893.jpg
26KB, 283x281px
> tfw you drunkenly hotglue your pin back sideways and only realise your mistake the morning after
>>
>make a thing
>don't like it
>remake it in a different color
>perfect

hope my SS feels the same!
>>
>>8733561
That's perfectly okay! Take as long as you need <3
>>
MW from New York I've ordered your presents! I think they may be a little late to you though because I stupidly had them shipped to my house instead of directly to yours because i just didn't think about doing that instead haha oh well that means i can put a card and maybe some extra stuff in it as well!
>>
Has anyone received anything yet? I posted my cards a week ago so I'm super anxious to hear if they've arrived safely!
>>
JD from Georgia

I have ordered your item, but it's out of stock for the next couple of days But the shipment is on its way! I should get it on the first, I'm gonna quickly wrap it like a Macy's package and have it out either that same day or the next day!
>>
I'm almost ready to send out my two packages. One is done, but I want to include one or two more things in the other and then mail them out at the same time.
>>
>>8735102
Oh, that's totally fine! I don't mind if it's a bit late, so don't worry too much about it. Thanks for letting me know!
>>
>>8735133
No problem! Due to the cost of it, I wanted to ensure that it would arrive in one piece, so I'm having it shipped to me for inspection.

>I really hope you like it I'm super excited
>>
YL from Alberta
OVDP from N.Holland
I've sent stuff directly from the seller to you last week (so hopefully it arrives on time). Just working on a cards over the weekend and will send next week.

AH from QLD
KB from WA
Sorry working on cards + art this weekend. Will send asap
>>
>>8735144
Hnng! So excited!
>>
is it tacky to include a business card/coupon with gifts?
>>
>>8735633
>business card/coupon
I don't think so as long as they are relevant to the gift - as in, the store's biz card/coupon from where you acquired the item(s). You may want to clarify to your SS that you think the store is in her tastes and here's the biz card and a coupon if she's interested in checking out other items being offered.
>>
MW from NY, and SL from MI. I've shipped out your packages today!
MW, I expect your package to arrive really quickly since we live in the same town.
>>
>>8735658
what if it's a card for your own shop?
>>
>>8735677
If you've given them items from your shop then I don't see why not to be honest
>>
Man, I totally missed this. 10 hour shifts suck.
>>
CD, EG and DC from the UK, your cards might be a little late as I've ordered little gifts to go in so waiting on those to arrive! (Sorry!!)

Also CD, when you say weeby things, what do you mean exactly? I don't want to get you trash!
>>
File: M7Q41Ii.gif (404KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
M7Q41Ii.gif
404KB, 500x380px
>>8731269
Yoooo that's me I'm so excited anon! Take all the time you need! If you're CD, I'm really glad to know you're using amiami because that means our gift ideas are probably pretty similar
I can't wait to try your cookies!I love me some gingerbread.
LF from Georgia
KC from Texas
I found the cutest stationary for your cards! Will probably throw a few other trinkets in too!
>>
File: weebyshity.png (3MB, 1792x840px) Image search: [Google]
weebyshity.png
3MB, 1792x840px
>>8735715
Sorry, I realised after I read everyone else's interests that I'd been so vague! I tried putting a little collage thing together to express the kind of shit I meant?? I don't know, like just the sort of stuff you find when you search 'kawaii' or something equally cringy into google images. The sort of stuff that was popular in pre 2012. Sorry I was so vague! Take your time, man!
>>
>>8735728
I'm so pumped!! Thanks cutie pie.
>>
>>8735828

This is an excellent collage, thank you! (you have good taste!)
>>
>>8735715
EG here, thank you, I can't wait! ^~^
>>
AC from Spain and AM from Canada your packages will be sent out either on Monday or Friday, they should arrive on time (AC's probably will because we're both in Europe) but apologies if they don't.
>>
>>8735715
I'm DC! Ah I'm so excited! Thank you so much, it's so sweet of you to get gifts <3 Was it you who saw my post about the wrong address?
>>
>>8736960

I've just seen it so I've got it!
>>
>>8735633
>>8735658
>>8735677
>>8735681
I... Might have used my card-only santas to shill my store.

I mean, everybody got a free brooch when they were only 'supposed to get cards, though, so I figure it isn't too bad. There was going to be an art print, too, but I just wasn't going to get enough time.
>>
ML from OH and KAL from NY, do either of you have allergies/food issues? I would like to bake some holiday cookies (linzers and gingerbread or sugar cookies, probably) and send with your packages, but if you can't or won't eat them, I'll just hold off.
>>
>>8737965
this sounds fine to me!
>>
File: 1443759443873.gif (254KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1443759443873.gif
254KB, 500x285px
IH from CT, your gifts just arrived and I'm sending them out tomorrow!

TC from CA, I'm still waiting on your replacement gift to arrive. The original seller I bought from claimed some bullshit excuse about customs turning back my package so they're refunding me. Sorry if it's going to be late for the first week of December deadline but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
>>
>>8738480
>IH from CT, your gifts just arrived and I'm sending them out tomorrow!
maximum excite

i have finished a few gifts and i am totally going over budget on everyone, to varying degrees. i will be mailing them all out at once, along with the card-anons' cards.
>>
>>8735144
Ahhh that's me I'm O I'm sooo excited!
>>
>>8729259
No I love chocolates (O here) /sorry I'm only seeing this now. I also love all sweets, but I cannot handle peppermint
>>
File: 1445977882964.gif (1MB, 222x255px) Image search: [Google]
1445977882964.gif
1MB, 222x255px
SL from MI, I got your card today and I'll mail it out tomorrow!! It's in a grey envelope so keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>8738962
>>8735672
Thank you! I'm so excited!
>>
I just got my first package today!!! It was super cute I'm so happy <3
>>
>mfw i lose my debit card
>mfw i have no face
Fuck, now I have to wait for a replacement to come in....
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.