[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Fantasy Theatre Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 4

File: 1446445530091.png (47KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1446445530091.png
47KB, 207x207px
3 weeks away.

Anyone actually going to this thing?
>>
No.
>>
me and my friends are
>>
Decided to go to Holiday Matsuri instead. Better guests and an AP tea party.
>>
>>8717978
Given the lack of activity in this thread, nobody is actually going. I had planned to in the beginning of the year but didn't have the cash and the closer it got to the event, the less convinced I was that it was worth traveling in from out of state.
>>
Was going to go with my fiance but decided against it, we still have the reservation for a room but are going to Harry Potter world instead. Seems like a better way to spend the money.
>>
>>8720620
No one cares.
>>
>>8717978
I'm going. I want to support lolita events down here so one day they'll be something like Frill was. I don't care about AP San Fran coming down, it's not like the designers are there and the only shit they'll be selling is Linda's backstock.

Lolita's love to complain about lack of events, and then shit on people that try to start stuff. A first year event isn't going to magically bring Misako over, or Baby. Sue me for trying to support actual members of the fashion and not a mid-tier nerd fest.
>>
>>8721636
Okay Rosie.
>>
>>8717978
Besides Lor, Kate, the ones who run it and the models, probably not a lot
>>
$129/$149 for VIP pass, and the tea party ticket isn't even included in that. All you get is a swag bag, 10% off in consignment, early access to marketplace & fashion show seating and
>and More! As additional events and guests are announced, each will come with a special VIP perk!
too bad they never announced any more guests.

VIP for rufflecon was $150 and that included the tea party and vip only events, and it was 3 full days long. not to mention rufflecon actually had like....guests. and designers.
>>
>>8717978
>mfw i want someone to shoop the logo DTF so i can make it into the fanciest and most rori "down to fuck" patch/badge/pin ever
>>
I already paid for a VIP pass but since it's their first year I'll cut them some slack. If it's a chance to bring more lolita related events to Florida I'm all for it. It'll probably feel more like a fancy ILD than a convention. Still looking forward to it!
>>
>>8726315
Is Kate even going since she flounced?
>>
>>8721636
Bless
>>
>>8721636
>mid-tier nerd fest

Because we're not all nerds in one way or another? There's no way some normie off the street is into lolita, you're unquestionably some sort of otaku if you're into this fashion.
>>
>>8726468
I read it as an event catering to lolita. It's nice having a lolita exclusive event vs shoehorning it into a con. Probably what they meant.
>>
>>8721636

>mid tier nerd fest

Seconding >>8726468. Sorry, if you're into lolita, you're a weirdo, even by Japanese culture standards, and probably on the same level as otaku.
>>
Why can't we just be supportive of our fellow lolitas who are trying to run a con? Do we really have a reason to be so critical of a first year event?
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>8727097
Looks like someone forgot their daily dose of salt.
>>
I'm really hoping to go, this is their first year and I believe we can really make this better. First years are always slow, but next year will be splendid I'm sure. I am really thirsty for bigger lolita events down here, I'm too poor to take planes out to frill or rufflecon.
>>
>>8727256
If you were planning to go to Frill you'd need a time machine, not a plane.
>>
>>8727266
I meant like future events, doesn't occur every year?
>>
>>8727327
No, Frill happened in 2012 and 2013 and then never repeated.
>>
>>8727338
Huh, whelp my statement was dumb regarding frill then. I never honestly looked too much into frill really, my bad.
>>
>>8727351
Frill colossally crashed and burned.
>>
>>8727365
Such a shame too, they were growing. They survived a second year because they started small.

This is my concern with DFT, so much money was spent on the damn venue - like the ILD tea party that they hosted in June where little was left to make a worthwhile event. And, at least at the summer tea party, the pretty event space was worthless cause the lighting was shit, and the "photographer" that was there never even sent photos out. DFT is too ambitious, they need to be putting on a smaller event their first year with high quality programming and then expand to a larger fancier venue as they build their reputation. As a southern lolita, I'm not enticed to put any more money into an event where the last one I went to hosted by them didn't even have tea appropriate to add milk to - and it was supposed to be a fucking tea party! Perhaps if the ticket cost wasn't so high to cover that pretty hotel - which you can't even stay at - then maybe I would give them another go.
>>
>>8727097
>>8727256
Not to like, harp on this too much, but ruffle con had actual guests and designers at their first year - maybe not anything super amazing, but more than 2 fame-chans and 2 boxes of indie brand sent fedex. Voltaire, Triple Fortune designers, Enchantlic Enchantilly designer. They were supposed to have the lady from Gothic Charm School but she cancelled at the last minute because of a family emergency. They even had glw as a sponsor (before glw went full retard). there were other guests too but more local people, not really well known.

so forgive me for not being too impressed by the effort put into this event. here's hoping the photos/reviews that come out of it will make me eat my words.

i guess the question is whether dft wants to try and duplicate what frill and ruffle con did; they have a little bit of programming, but it doesn't really stand out much from what you would get at any anime or comic con

friday:
>snacks and tea, as well as various sets of Cards Against Humanity and Munchkins
>speed-friending event

saturday:
>2 fashion shows
>As an intermission between our fashion shows, we’ll be featuring a sweets bar
>Panel: Kawaii Makeup with Kitty Milk Creations
note: i stand corrected, they have another guest. if i was this person i'd be pretty pissed that i'm not important enough to go on their guest page (pic related)
>Panel: Q&A Meet and Greet with **** and ***
redacted so i don't get janitorized
>Panel: Tea Time & Lolita Fashion: Join the DFT team in an exploration of tea culture and its relation to lolita fashion.
>Panel: One Size Only: Fashion for Petite and Plus Sizes
>various group excursions to popular tourist destinations in Orlando

sunday:
> Animal Crossing Extravaganza
> Coordinate Contest
no prizes listed
> Masquerade Tea: $45 separate ticket, $40 if you have vip

if this event is trying to grow into an on-going thing, we're gonna have to wait and see what they can offer next year that's not a complete repeat
>>
>>8728051
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I think they need to focus more on the lolita side of it rather than random stuff that you could find at any anime con. When I saw the animal crossing thing on the FB page I was a little wary, do enough people even play that anymore to compete in their contest? I dont know, but I think they should be putting their resources elsewhere.

I think I may still go on Saturday though. Here's hoping it turns out well.
>>
>>8728528
And they shouldn't have it a week before a larger con because that is simply retarded
>>
>>8721485
Way to be a cunt for no reason
>>
>>8728563
But is that necessarily their fault? They may not have known. It is unfortunate timing however.
>>
>>8726444
wouldn't she have some sort of contract as a guest of the event?
>>
>>8728912
Well if she hates west comms as much as she says she does then.... she might just flounce, buuut she mentioned Rosie/Lilly(what is her real name?) helping her with info regarding pets and flight. So I guess they're on friendly terms, so I don't think she will. So I wonder if she's coming straight here from Japan? I'm deathly curious what she's like in person
>>
>>8728917
I've met her in person. She's very quiet but came off as nice. A little awkward but I've got no room to judge there.
>>
>>8728921
I was shocked by how her voice sounded, nothing like how I imagined it did. I never watched any of her videos before the doc's trailers.
>>
Souffle Song has now been announced as a guest
>>
>>8728897
HM has it around the same date every year. Dft has worked with them before so they knew
>>
>>8729768
Not true, DFT was announced before HM ever had substantial lolita content. They picked the date because it is ILD.
>>
>>8729821
DFT is the reason why HM HAS lolita content in the first place, they did all those lolita panels and the fashion last year that brought the attention for Angelic Pretty and so on to come down here. I don't think the two events are too close together either. I just wish I didn't have to buy 2 passes just to only go to the Tea Party at HM, I don't care at the HM this year I just wanted to finally go to a brand tea party! Maybe next year if they come back
>>
Cadney is a guest along with Kate
Anyone excited?
>>
>>8732623
No Kate was replaced? I don't see her as a guest anymore. Damn
>>
>>8732814
Looks like they are lurking this thread since they finally updated their website.
>>
>>8732854
Still wish I knew if Kate was flouncing or was kicked off the list.
>>
Didn't a lot of their guests or affiliations kind of flop around just recently?

Elegy and a few other indie brands dropped for whatever reason, now Souffle Song is affiliated, Kate gone, Cadney is going. I'm a bit confused with it, but I certainly don't mind Kate being gone. I don't know much about Cadney, but I hear a lot less about her here than Kate.
>>
>>8733629
A few brands were listed before they confirmed, and now that it's almost event time they are finally updating the site with more accurate lists.
>>
I'm only going to shop and to ask Lor for youtube/vlogging advice.
Nothing else interests me accept maybe the location?
Good for photoshoots tho.
>>
>>8738517
My main reason for going is to meet Lor, she's one of the few famous lolitas I really care for. I don't know or care about Cadney much. Also for shopping and the fashion shows are always nice. Plus if this thing isn't too crowded the shopping will be nice and meeting new people.
>>
>>8733629
They did a bad job getting back to the indie brands after initially writing then over a year ago. It's like they forgot and are now scrambling.
It's an embarassing mess.
>>
>>8739637
It's all being done by just one or two people, they should of had a bigger team than what they did. Calling for volunteers so late too was odd. Shouldn't they of gathered people to help out in the early stages? Also the hotel they're doing it at keeps fucking them over since day one it seems.
>>
>>8739882
I was recruited a year ago to help spread the word about the con and such but really that was it...they made a whole facebook group for volunteers but as far as I know it was just for the online part?
>>
>>8744871
No, part of the group is for the models and for the volunteers who will be there helping for the weekend. Though things are becoming pretty stressing as the days get closer.
>>
>>8745080
That must be a different group - I was also recruited to spread the word (and didn't want to say anything since it's a relatively small group and I'm in one of those rabidly anti-cgl comms so I am paranoid about outing myself here) and there aren't any models etc. in it and no posts since last spring.
>>
>>8745382
That must be an old group then, for the current one it's getting updated a lot lately. Are you from up north? I know the northern fl lolitas are more paranoid due to past events getting posted a lot.
>>
>>8745392
It was specifically for people from outside comms, intended to spread the word about the con outside the state. It was just kind of awkward because after recruiting us they didn't really give us any tools to help sell the event - like schedules or information about panels, guests, etc. that we could try to hype.
>>
>>8745403
Honestly they haven't been able to make a solid schedule until yesterday..... I guess by what was said the hotel wouldn't allow them definite times until a little while ago. Poor girls were so stressed out, they weren't quite able to handle such a big event it seems. Hopefully they will learn from this for future events
>>
>>8739637
>>8739882
I wondered about that.
>>
>>8745429
Apparently the hotel is mostly booked out for another event, which should prove interesting. The room block is at the La Quinta next door, and I'm curious if some of the events will be held there as well. I just don't get it. They booked this shit over a year ago and couldn't get a schedule approved until yesterday? It just sounds to me like they booked the hotel and then dragged their feet for a while, and in that time period another event booked rooms and pushed them out. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Also, it seems like fucking nothing is going on Sunday besides the Tea Party and an Animal Crossing contest. Glad I planned to just go Saturday and hang with a friend in the area Sunday.
>>
anything going on?
>>
In the very least, I'd like to meet some new lolita friends so those of you who are going let's put on our positive Pettis and socialize a bit. The event won't be great I'm sure but there aren't many opportunities to meet so many other Lolita's in one place.
>>
>>8749672
anyone know how many are attending?
>>
>>8749681
I wont know myself till tomorrow, anyone there today?
>>
Who actually booked a room with the room block? I know I didn't, and when I was trying to reserve a room in the area, most of them were booked for the weekend - I'm not sure if that was from us though.
>>
>tfw Lor just cancelled
if I had gone, it mostly would have been to see her. glad I didn't plan to go now.
>>
>>8749986
They really need to get a handle on their guests. Like I get it shit happens but this is just ridiculous. They need to be under a contract or something, not this free for all cancel BS.
>>
I'm surprised, it really isn't happening.

:(

There is not much content either in the "fishbowl" either.

To go or not to go.
>>
>>8750271
I was so sad, why didn't she say anything
>>
>>8750271
If the organisers have any clue what they are doing they would have her in a contract where she has to pay them damages for lost revenue for not showing up (as some anons would say, they would have bought tickets expecting to see her there, and when she didn't show up they might demand refunds or other be damaging to the reputation of the organization).

However...I really doubt they did anything as official as actually contract their guests. Hope you guys find something else fun to do.
>>
>>8750343
Are you saying the whole event got cancelled? I am confused.
>>
>>8750663
No, not sure what anon is talking about
>>
Attendance is apparently pretty poor. And I'm not just taking about the guests.
>>
>>8750738
Some of my friends were supposed to go, but didn't. I am seeing no posts from it on my instagram or tumblr feeds, either.
>>
>>8750862
There's a few posts on instagram if you search for it. The event isn't cancelled.
>>
The event isn't canceled, I was there and can vouch for that. However, attendance is pretty tiny.
>>
I had fun meeting people there, but everyone I talked to was in agreement that it was super dysfunctional at best. I hope they learn from this, but I was very disappointed in all the cancellations, the general confusion, and the excursions at the end of the day should have been planned events imo (as in: the group going to universal would be doing x, group at disney would have a reservation at x prepared, etc) instead of an awkward, unplanned, disappointing free for all that was more like a separate meetup than an event from a convention. There wasn't much going on, and tomorrow is going to have nothing really unless you bought a tea ticket or stay in the boutique until it closes at noon or have an Nintendo 3DS with Animal Crossing. Which is weirdly specific and annoying because nothing else is happening during that, and I personally don't have a 3DS. So I'll more or less mingle, I guess.

Apparently the entire hotel fiasco was due to the hotel breaking their contract and double booking events, thus the room block issues and other issues like the boutique closing early because they had to pack it all up instead of being able to leave it all overnight. So that much was just the hotel screwing them over.

I wish they had more vendors and panels and general organization. Everyone was super nice though, and I saw minimal bad coords. Most were super cute, and I enjoyed the fashion shows. I hope everyone else at least enjoyed their time.

Anyone else have opinions?
>>
>>8751315
I feel mostly the same, but I think that a lot of the stuff that happened was out of their control. Mostly The Castle hotel being shitty to them. So atleast the wont come back to the venue again. I agree about the excursions, too, but from my experience some hotels at universal and maybe Disney Springs? actually dont take reservations sometimes. So maybe it was something like that? So idk maybe the organizers were just too wrapped up in the 2nd fashion show and cleaning up the hotel to care.

I went to VoodooDolly's panel and enjoyed it, though. Attendance was small but what can you expect. Most people were well dressed, which was nice, and the vendors room had some nice pieces. With a little more organization and maybe condensing it to one super-packed day with tea in the evening, I think this would be a successful mini-con/meetup.
>>
The event coordinators did very poorly. The only thing I enjoyed about the event was getting to hang out with people, I really do feel bad for those who bought a VIP ticket or just a normal ticket in general. Kate canceled, Lor canceled and even Haenuli canceled at literally the last second. They only even rented out two rooms, If I had traveled to this id be genuinely pissed. This was maybe a 10 dollar event.
>>
>>8752095
Haenuli canceled?? I didn't go but I swore I saw them in a photo on fb
>>
>>8752095
I don't think Haenuli was actually going to be there, the way it sounded on their site, the brand was participating in a fashion show eg they would send a box with samples & instructions to models and the con is responsible for running it, Nunu and Jee wouldn't be there themselves.
>>
>>8752095
The fashion show was their stuff so they didn't cancel.
>>
>>8752095
I wouldn't call it a ten dollar event at all, but yeah - my VIP pass was not worth it at all. I feel bad for the volunteers because apparently a lot of them didn't show up.

I thought the tea today was fun, although it took way too long to start. So it goes.
>>
>>8752311
Yeah I was shocked a the amount of people who never showed up, but had tickets or were volunteers. I only traveled for the day on saturday, but I was greatly disapointed in how it all turned out. I made friends and had fun, got some cheap goodies, so in the end it was worth it to me. I don't get to go to my comms meets a lot, so it was nice to see and meet some new people.
>>
>>8721636
>so one day they'll be something like Frill was

Bless your little heart. Frill was a hot mess.
>>
>>8752095
>>8752102
Haenuli wasn't ever attending. She was just shipping merch.

"Haneuli will be sending us many of their new looks to be featured in the fashion show, as well as many items for our boutique, in a wide range of sizes!"

Likewise:
"Magical Holic will be sending their whimsical looks to our center stage this year, and will be participating in our brand fashion show and Royal Boutique!"

It's really hard to tell on their guests page who actually was sending a designer though...
>>
>>8752509
They were selling Haenuli at the boutique?
>>
>>8754020
Only after the show, before the table was empty till after 3 or 4? Which was weird since the boutique was supposed to close around 3 or 4?
>>
>>8751315
I had fun meeting people also, but it was pretty disorganized. Also, there really wasn't enough going on. I was there just for Saturday and while I enjoyed the fashion shows there was hardly anything else. The boutique was better than I expected, though I wish there had been more venders. There was a lot of stuff on consignment. A lot more than I expected. Overall, I don't think it was worth it for the price, but I would go again if the price comes down. I think attendance would have been better if it had been cheaper and if there was more going on.

I think there should have been more panels, which should have been an easy thing to add. However, I think that might have had a lot to do with the issue of the hotel because I heard they had very few rooms and there were a lot of double bookings. I heard the Castle Hotel changed management after they got the original contract and the new management didn't like the contract they signed so made it really difficult for the con. It's too bad because the hotel was really pretty, but it's definitely more important to have a venue that will work with you.
>>
>>8752503
Frill ended up being a pretty hot mess thanks to the same people in their comm who always cause shit. It looks like DFT had some of the same issues as Frill but it looks like Frill, especially the second year, had much better attendance and many more panels.
>>
Lor on her absence at DFT: http://lovelylor.tumblr.com/post/134761284266/why-did-you-back-out-of-dft-in-florida-last
>>
>>8755208
I'm really unimpressed with this chick. She all but admitted on tumblr that she ignored all the director's messages after she signed up to come. She doesn't have time to send the con or her fans an explanation in advance for not coming but she can make videos and post on social media? Gross.
>>
>>8755208

I understand she got busy, but she could have at least sent them or her fans a quick message saying she couldn't attend... instead she waited until the last second and disappointed people.
>>
>>8755214
it's common for guests to cancel when personal issues or conflicts arise. she's not a robot.

if she ignored the messages that is irresponsible. but cancelling is just something that happens.
>>
>>8755223
It's not about cancelling it's about not letting anyone know. In her posts she's going on about how she had to work 80 hours a week and the organizers only messaged her while she was at work so that's why she didn't talk to them. But no one has the attention span of a gnat, where when they recieve messages at work they have no recollection and therefore it's normal never to respond for months. She made a video about coming back from hiatus which must have taken a lot more time than the time it takes to send a message about not coming anymore, so people could be warned at least a couple days before the con. She makes it clear in her post that she chose to disappear. Nothing is going to convince me that what she did to DFT is not awful.
>>
>>8755259
Agreed. I understand she went through a tough time, but she had signed on for DFT a year in advance? The least she could have done for the coordinators is sent some kind of message, so they at least could have made an announcement instead of everyone just asking where Lor was. That's shitty.
>>
>>8755223
Yes ppl cancel and life happens but she didn't announce or address why she canceled until after one of her fans asked her on tumblr. Like Really? That's unprofessional and it just makes it awkward for dft.
If she had told them at least 3-2 weeks in advance, they could have easily gotten someone else like they did with Kate and Cadney.
>>
I'm really upset with Lor's behavior. I know the directors of the con worked really hard on this and the fact that she couldn't spare two seconds to let them know she wasn't coming is disgusting.

All in all though I enjoyed the event. Most everyone was really well dressed and polite. The venue was lovely (even if it kept screwing them over), and the fashion shows were beautiful. It probably could been condensed into one day, but of course they hadn't expected so many cancelations. The tea party had some really impressive raffle items, plus the goodie pack everybody got was pretty nice.
>>
>>8750610
She was in a contract, and was contractually obligated to show up, but stopped being in contact with them a month before the con.
>>
>>8756316
What, seriously? Can she be penilized for shutting down contact? I can't believe Lor didn't say anything in her posts about deeply apologizing to the organizers when she fucked them that hard. It's selfish to just ignore them like they don't matter. Maybe efame is getting to her head.
>>
The thread seems to have flipped from "DFT seems like an unorganized waste" to "Lor sucks for shitting on DFT." Maybe DFT should be thanking Lor for cancelling since as victims, they are getting more goodwill.
>>
I was discussing with a friend why DFT seemed dumb enough to not have a contract between her and Lor and to be honest... Lor is just a video blogger for a very niche community. Lor really had no reason to cancel--this would have been a great opportunity to meet fans and really bolster her own e-fame, but instead she's making herself look like a flake.

I honestly think DFT believed she'd not have the guts to cancel, hence no contract. That being said, I also think DFT needs to hire someone to do the dirty work because I think they don't want to be mean to anyone... And if you can't be professional without feeling like you're ruining a friendship, that's a problem.

I'm also pretty damn sure DFT at least paid for her hotel, (I'm not sure about her flight), so I'm calling bullshit on her saying that it would have been too expensive for her to go.
>>
>>8756970
>I'm calling bullshit on her saying that it would have been too expensive for her to go.

If you're not so sure about whether or not they paid for the flight why are you calling bullshit? You don't know other people's finances.
>>
>>8756955
this.

the evolution in this one small thread demonstrates how thirsty gulls are to find something to get worked up about.

>>8756978
>If you're not so sure about whether or not they paid for the flight why are you calling bullshit?
because it gives her a chance to feel better about herself and her ~flawless reasoning~
>>
>>8756277
She's been having a tough year after her ex moved without proper communication. I can't blame her for backing out.

Quite frankly, a lot of lolitas have been dealt with tough situations/got out of the lolita limelight the second half of the year.
>>
>>8757165
I think people are not taking issue with the backing out so much, more the lack of communication with the con. If she had told them earlier, they could have tried to get a replacement.

That being said, given all the issues brought up earlier with lack of communication/organization with the con organizers, I am wondering if more could have been done from both sides here. The way Lor's tumblr post is written sounds odd to me. When she says "every time they tried to contact me, I was at work" I don't understand what that means. I wonder if she is expressing that the con didn't communicate with her much and that contributed to her blowing them off, because they didn't confirm with her or have a schedule ironed out earlier etc. (Not saying Lor is blameless totally, but I feel like there must be more to the story.)
>>
>>8757192
Hopefully DFT posts about this soon. Right now they look like shit for not being able to hold down guests, so if Lor fucked them over even though she was possibly under contract it makes no sense for them not to tell the community publicly.
>>
Bumping for relative Lovelylor bullshittery.
>>
>>8759572
Wait what?
>>
>>8756970
I think DFT needs at least one, maybe a whole team of staffers just for organizing guests. There are flights and hotel costs, the language barrier if they want to score big brands and Japanese guests, keeping up with arrivals, taking care of visas if you don't want to pull an AM, etc it's a big job and it's clear they weren't paying enough attention to it since they lost Lor as well as a few of the indie brands they had "booked."
You can't just say, "Come to our event, it's next year!" and announce a guest without doing any of the work for it. And a few unanswered messages in the weeks leading up to the convention would be enough for me to assume a guest isn't coming. I would've pulled Lor from the guest list at least a week before the convention if I didn't have a confirmation from her.
It was definitely shitty of Lor not to show, but this event clearly needs to get its shit together.
>>
all of y'all hating on lor right now make me smfh
not trying to whiteknight or anything but hell the girl was working long hours, got dumped (right before a big move?), probably had her mental health (post-breakup depression?) and physical health affected as a result, which she's been implying lately as well, and you all are acting all entitled about having her show up or having a response days before she probably even knew she couldn't make it.
you would not have liked it if Lor fainted or got sick or some shit during the middle of a panel because she forced herself to attend now would you?
last minute cancellations are a thing that fucking happens. voice actors do it all the time at anime cons too. people bitch but they let it go. you all are only dragging this on because of lor's e-fame you all are continuously giving her.
if you were only going because of lor you probably need to reevaluate why you go to expensive cons and events next time. you payed to go to DFT, which you did, not just to meet Lor.
maybe Lor could have handled it better overall, but seriously, other con/event guests have done worse than Lor has in regards to cancellations.
>"oh but she had a contract!"-
her health is more important tbqh, and if there were consequences for backing out of it i'm sure she'd deal with them.
>>
>>8759602
this. all of this.
the blame very likely does not solely lay on Lor.
>>
>>8761184
I don't get how you can completely disregard the fact that she just phased out on them, even though she had many opportunities to communicate with people about not feeling up to coming anymore for personal reasons. That's cowardly and unprofessional. I don't care if she needs to take personal time for herself. Taking personal time would have been perfectly reasonable and nobody would've batted an eyelash. But she disappeared, it looks like, then waited until she got called out by fans to even address not showing up and not telling anyone she wasn't gonna show up.

It's not about not coming and it's not about wanting her to force herself to come, it's about treating the organizers of a convention and the people coming to see you like people, instead of being so selfish that you leave them out of the loop of what's going on with you.

What's done is done but if I ran a con and I saw this I'd never want Lor as a guest no matter how much of a following she has.
>>
>>8761368
I agree with this here.

I'm a lowly fast food worker. I'm nothing special but I do my work thoroughly. Eight months ago, my dad had a stroke and died. It took a pretty heavy toll on me. That doesn't mean I didnt just no call no show to work - I asked my supervisor for a week off and explained. She was very understanding.

Point is - we aren't the center of the universe. We have to keep communication within our little worlds open - especially when you have responsibilities.
>>
So... Any pics?
>>
bump for photos
>>
there's vlogs of DFT on youtube. idk where most of the pics are tho
>>
>>8765065
>>8765057
>>8763969
>>8763969
>>8765057
Here's some shots from tea on sunday. The theme was masquerade.
http://on.fb.me/1QHVlgG
>>
>>8765709
And some general shots from Saturday, mostly the boutique
http://on.fb.me/1Rl4LAy
>>
>>8761382
>comparing no-showing your job to attending a hobby gathering
>>
>>8765774
She was a guest, so for the weekend being there was her job, anon. If she wasn't being paid, she presumably would have been comped a badge, maybe travel/accommodations etc.
>>
File: 1442281978949.gif (728KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1442281978949.gif
728KB, 320x180px
>watching vlog of indie fashion show
>mfw fugly underskirt trend has hit a literal new low

border prints should not be fucking halfway down the total skirt length
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.