[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (404KB, 1260x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404KB, 1260x625px
Confess your hopes, fears, deep dark secrets good or bad. What currently hangs heavy in your heart or haunts your mind, my sisters?
>>
I fear I'm losing my love for Lolita even though I have more pieces than I ever have. Meets come up and I just let most of them pass unless it's something really elegant or exceptional. I do like to wear plain gothic coords for no special reason when by myself though. Maybe I'm just wanting to go solo and leave the comm idea mostly behind?
>>
There's a girl in a nearby comm that I started talking to. I thought she was cool, and we had a great mutual friend.

But, she lives far away from myself and her best friend.

She was really bitchy at me on Facebook for calling me out on buying my dream dress, because apparently because my family is on food stamps, I cannot have nice things?

So, I slowly took her best friend while she was away on some stupid vacation. She came back to a shit storm of her being a replica chan and left the Lolita community, but is still a massive ita. Her best friend talks to me daily, and we go on road trips and go out almost weekly for lunch.

I have no regrets, none whatsoever.
>>
>>8717267
Honestly good on you anon. I had to go on food stamps for a while and if I had completely cut myself off from all "fun" expenses I probably would have gone crazy from stress. I hate it when people don't stop and consider how awful it would feel to be both in need of assistance to feed yourself because of a tough spot and unable to get yourself something nice on occasion.
>>
I've got a crush on this really cute girl in my comm and things were going so well between us, and then out of nowhere she just stopped talking to me, she bailed on the meet I hosted and she has ignored all my recent attempts at starting a conversation
I wonder what I did that scared her off so badly
>>
>>8717272
I saved up for weeks to buy it, I worked a 14 hour shift, when I was scheduled to only work 3 hours that day.

We only get like $10 in stamps as well, she made it sound like we were going to shelters to get food, right on my Facebook post.

Bitch had it coming
>>
File: yes I'll help.gif (417KB, 425x342px) Image search: [Google]
yes I'll help.gif
417KB, 425x342px
I'm feeling bad that I'm starting to lose patience with the new lolitas in my community,

>Lolita A
Has been in the fashion for a while but is terrible awkward and needs people to pose her for pictures, wears bad quality items with a worn out petticoat
>But
Is really sweet, has chronic health issues and nearly no budget.

>Lolita B
Is totally new to the fashion. First wanted to buy milanoo tier cosplay lolita and was talked out of it, also tried to buy off Aliexpress and had to be talked out of it. Keeps complaining that lolita is expensive and when direct to Bodyline says that nothing will fit her because she's too tiny.
>But
She's only 16 and does seem to listen when we try to explain things,

I'm trying my best to be nice with them but my patience is wearing a bit thin at times. At least I can vent a bit here.
>>
>>8717296
I know that feel anon, I accepted a newbie in my comm into one of the sales pages and she's done nothing but post low-balling WTBs. I feel like I've let in an infiltrator
>>
My parents once yelled at me for spending more than $10 on a T-shirt and here I am, buying lolita. I'm getting good deals secondhand and staying within my budget but it feels like there's no way they'll ever understand. I'm an adult with my own income and I feel really dumb hiding half of my clothes from them but I just can't bring myself to deal with the fallout.
>>
I feel as though I no longer welcomed in my comm. Local comm mods have said that they would like to see more ouji and EGAs in our comm. Yet, when I reached out and asked if I could enter EGA coord for the monthly contest, they told me no, they are only interested in ouji and Lolita at this time. Maybe I'm just salty.
>>
I'm not a lolita but since I'm into jfashion I also keep up with loli trends. I sometimes feel like I might as well take the plunge because there are a few dresses I really like but I'm afraid I'd turn into a saltlet because of all the unnecessary dramu that seems to be very much unavoidable.
>>
I won't pay any attention to the posts or advice of a Lolita that doesn't show at least one or two photos of themselves wearing it. I think half the people here are just wankers who don't even Lolita at all.
>>
>>8717328
>that seems to be very much unavoidable
But it really is avoidable. Most drama isn't that bad but because seagulls live for it you'll see it more here than you would outside of 4chan.
>>
>>8717323
that is such bullshit, if they accept ouji they should accept EGA. thinking there is another thing happening here: either they are avoiding you or favoring someone.
>>
>>8717323
I think I'm in your comm anon and I agree that makes no sense for you not to enter EGA
it's not like there's a real ""prize" or anything that wouldn't work for someone into EGA
>>
I'm not sure. I thought maybe they were not interested since they recently started the monthly contests recently and wanted to wait. But then why accept ouji? Maybe I just don't attend enough meet ups.
>>
Possibly. If the comment you read was posted this week, then we're in the same comm. I saw that another member who entered last month was able to enter this month, too. But her coord wasn't ega.
>>
>>8717323
People don't give a fuck about simpler things anymore. Make EGA more colorful, add prints, ruffles and veils, crowns and scepters and everyone loves it.
>>
>>8717399
Pssshhht. Bite your tongue. We all know ott gothic will happen but most of us would like to delay it as long as possible.
>>
I post baity shit on BtB all the time just to watch people sperg out in the comments for lulz
>>
>>8717417
Are you really a Lolita yourself though?
>>
I used to be bullied like crazy in high school and it destroyed my self-esteem and mental health.
But now, I go on /cgl/ hoping to read drama and laugh at itas. I'm even part of a 'bitching group' with some friends where we laugh over attention seekers and stupid people.
I'm afraid I've become exactly who I used to hate, but I'm so addicted to the salt. Is it bullying if you insult people behind their backs seagulls?
>>
>>8717390
I'm really confused as to why you put the post number in the name field.
>>
I had a crush on a brolita in my Comm and then he disappeared.
>>
If a noob caves in and buys a replica, I stop helping her and distance myself. There are so many budget and large size alternatives these days that there's just no excuse to get a replica.
>>
>>8717409
I think it's kind of already there.
>>
I have sugar daddy that buy my loltia for me. It's not idea but I'm not going to complain, my wardrobe has grown so much since. All I have to do is take cutey photos in my dress (G-Rated). I don't get why more lolitas don't do this.
>>
>>8717328
Drama is very easily avoidable. If you just want pretty dresses, buy pretty dresses. Nobody's saying you have to join a community or even participate in the online community.

It's fashion, not a cult, despite what documentary makers would like the public to believe.
>>
>>8717267
I support this. Sometimes you have to give karma a helping hand.

>>8717409
I think it won't take off online as much as ott gothic is harder to take photos of on a shit camera so you need to have enough money to afford a decent one and also want to post yourself online. Textures and details in dark colours need better lighting.
>>
I don't know how to do makeup.

I was a tomboy in my formative years with very little female contact. I was a shut-in and saw little point improving looks when I wanted to sit indoors and play vidya, so all my money went to that instead because I was a poorfag. It just seems like a lot of work for something that smears easily and has to be washed off every evening anyway.

As a result, IDK this basic shit.
>>
>>8717533
I did it for a while, but they all just wanted nudes from me
I got $75 from one over a few months, but it wasn't worth it, he was a creep
>>
>>8717159
I am ""famous""on the internet for being body positive and such but truth is i hate myself. I still cut. I am 5"5 but i cry over it because i just wanna be short and cute and i just feel too tall to be cute...and feel like some tiny doll. I am incredibly jealous of plenty of girls that are so so cute and pretty but insecure and i wanna cry but i never
ever say anything about it i just tell them they truly are beautiful like i think...i just wanna be small and cute...i am not even a fatty (110lbs) but i just feel overall sad and disgusting...and it's slowly eating me...i begin to have crisis where i cry bc of that shit. And yet i go on that "there is many ways to be beautiful please love yourself (and love the body you are changing if you wanna...say,lose weight if overweight?)" I am so sick and tired...i wish someone would comfort me...hug me and tell me i am worth something..
>>
>>8717453
good on you, anon.
>>
>>8717427
Oh anon...are you me...? I was really heavily bullied in high school like hardcore shit. And for no particular reason other that they found me weird.
It's good you realize that anon they probably never even did, the mere idea of being a douchebag probably never crossed their minds. I wonder if they knew tho. If they knew while beating me with chairs that they were being mean? By stalking me and sending "kill yourself" letters that it was really not ok?
But the point is, i am not going to tell you to stop bitching bc we all do. And its actually good somehow to just rant about so and so. As long as this person knows it i am fine. But it can also be toxic. Surrounding yourself that much with bitching will make you sadder anon. Try to find a hobby, something that really makes you feel good. Insulting people wont make us better in any way.
I don't know you but please hang in there i understand it so well...you can do that.
>>
My life is so sad and boring i stalk some lolitas and i get a rush out of it..
>>
>>8717279
Did you do anything out of the ordinary, like any particularly more-than-friendly gestures? Maybe she's uncomfortable around you and you two need to clarify some stuff.
>>
>>8717296
The sixteen year old just needs to stay for a while longer in the fashion and learn more. I joined my first comm at 16 and was a total ita, but after a while hanging around some well-dressed lolitas and saving up my allowance for clothes I stopped being so annoying.
Give her some time, I remember the being too tiny for BL, and now I can't fit into JetJ skirts...
>>
>>8717307
I feel you. My parents are very cheap and they used to treat lolita like a drug addiction even though it isn't interfering with my life and I can cover all my expenses with some left over for a rainy day. It took a few years of going on like this before they finally admitted they no longer fear that my life is spiraling out of control.
>>
>>8717427
Man, don't worry. It's not like being bitchy will send you to hell or anything, people change.

I'm a really passive person publicly and am always doing things for other people, as a a kid I got alienated and mocked for being shy and weird and hated myself.
But right now I've grown out of it and my self esteem is through the roof, I'm super gossipy and bitchy but believe me, most people are like that.

It's totally natural. The person you were in the past doesn't need to define who you are now or who you need to be. Enjoy your salinity to its fullest my dear seagull.
>>
>>8717548
I bet you have really nice, untapped skin though. So at this point you probably don't even "need" it.

If that's not the case (and if you want to get into makeup) I highly recommend using BB Cream and at least keeping your eyebrows trimmed, or filling them in, depending on if they're thick or thin. Really basic things to keep your face looking well-kept. You can get this stuff really cheap too, though cheap products don't always work for everyone.

Sorry for off-topic reply.
>>
I am on food stamps and I haven't made a lolita related purchase or attended a meetup in almost a year. I can't afford new makeup or my usual facial cleanser or hair dye. I don't want to sell my dresses for living expenses because its the one thing that gives me hope that my life can be normal again someday. My comm had a big meetup today that looked gorgeous and seeing photos from what I've missed out on due to my circumstance makes me want to throw up and die.
>>
File: ariel face palm.gif (495KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
ariel face palm.gif
495KB, 300x185px
I would love to make a local com but live in the middle of nowhere. Even if I potentially could get people interested they'd probably all be teenage weeaboos.
>>
>>8717323
Give it a few months, as it's a new thing. I think they just want to let more lolitas/ouji be represented since this only the second month and there are far more lolitas in the community compared to people who wear EGA or even ouji. Personally I see no reason to exclude it, but I don't feel it's a matter to be taken personally. Just put together a nice coord, get some shots and leave it on the backburner for now or actually contact or talk to them about why you feel it should be included.
>>
>>8717920
Yeah I know... my whole comm and I are trying our best to be good mentors but it's just grating to keep having newbie conversation in our comm (just "Lolita is expensive wah wah ;;_;;", "Someone buy this for me pls because my parents don't trust paypal" or "No don't buy from shady places with stolen pictures")

I really hope it'l be easier once she starts to attend actual meetups.
>>
I killed a man
>>
>>8717438
Newfag that's why
>>
Found out recently that someone who caused myself and my comm a lot of drama was banned from lacemarket awhile back for non-payment, not shipping stuff, flaking, and creating sock puppet accounts for ban evasion.

Basically did all kinds of stupid shit and it was really funny to watch her spiral out of control until she left the fashion. Finding her on the banned user list was just oddly satisfying, like reading the last few lines of some novel where someone gets what's coming to them in the end. Ahh sweet sweet closure.
>>
>>8718110
what comm, sis i think i know who you're talking about.
>>
>>8717969
I feel you so much right now. I recently was laid off from my job. I kinda saw the layoff coming so I haven't gone to a meetup in months in order to save up money. Every time I see an event request on fb it makes me so upset. Then people message me and ask me why I haven't been to any meetups lately and I lie and say that I've been really busy. In reality I've just been really depressed and have a hard time going out of the house to do anything right now. Seeing gorgeous meetup pictures at an extremely fancy tea party makes me want to cry.
>>
>>8718110
Deets, this sounds familiar.
>>
I went to /gif/ and watched too many gifs of real people dying horrible, gruesome deaths and now I feel like scum and also a little traumatized...
>>
I used to be really close to someone in my comm, but now I can't stand her. She's so insecure that she has to be up everyone's ass about everything 100% of the time, and it's gotten so much worse over time. I do everything I can to avoid her, but she's constantly blowing up my phone and I (or anyone else, for that matter) can't make a fb status or comment on something without her jumping in. She always has to be the center of attention and all she does is talk about herself and complain about all of her non-issues. She's miserable to be around, but no one can get away from her and it's getting incredibly frustrating. What do?
>>
>>8718124
Sorry to hear you're going through a similar situation. ): I totally understand feeling depressed, my self-worth is so low from not being to afford things or participate with friends. I'd like to try to organize a free meetup (we have a free zoo & plenty of other cute, free activities in my area) but I'm not sure how many others would be interested. Hope you find yourself in a better situation soon too.
>>
>>8718137
Try to think about something else or do something else to get it out of your mind! Its honestly really normal to want to see things like that and be curious or whatever. I used to have a big problem with watching awful videos or looking up pictures of dead bodies, and it made me feel really anxious and depressed. Try to avoid boards and sites you know you might see that stuff on (in this case maybe avoid /gif/).
>>
>>8718153
>>8718124
I really hope both of your situations improve, anons. Try arranging those free meetups (I know a lot of museums have at least one free day per month, possibly several, for example, and I for one love that kind of thing, so I'm sure others in your comm would show up) or doing your best to go super cheap if possible with what others arrange. I know money troubles are stressful, but try to treat yourselves once in a while if at all possible; you do deserve it. I will keep you both in my hopes.
>>
>>8718074
Just to watch him die?
>>
>>8717328
If this is your concern above coordinating and enjoying the fashion, please don't. We just need more low key good Lolitas who can dress well. All the drama queen positions are currently filled to above capacity.
>>
One of my closer lolita friends and I physically moved apart to cities farther away from each other, so we can no longer call each other up randomly for dinner or to hang out. She has a few lolitas living as close to her as we used to and they now do that, plus more. I'm somewhat awkward and don't have that much of a social life, so my conversations tend to circle around lolita, my job and my opinions on things. People get bored of that, I think.

I feel like she and the other lolitas get along much more smoothly than we ever did, and I like them all, but I can't help feeling a bit sad that we're not very good friends anymore (it seems).
>>
I honestly miss being an admin for my comm. But it was so stressful, and I know I can't give it the attention I used to, I don't mind just being in it.
But I also know the comm is running better without me as a mod, and it makes me jealous and bitter about the ones who took over in my place. It almost felt like they were ready to push me out and leave me in the rain cuz they hated me. I know that's not the case, and my emotions are running ahead of me. It just sucks starting something and let it work and grow so long, only to see someone else does it way better, quicker, and easier.
>>
I used to be kinda chubby, and ok with it. I lost weight to fit into high fashion, and I don't like myself in lolita anymore. I dropped nearly 20kg in less than two years and despite being under minimal measurement for pretty much everything (76cm, 57cm, 94cm, 159cm tall) I feel frumpy and fat in lolita, and far from being thin enough for /fa/ shit even though my bones are showing on my upper body.
Everything fit so wrong now and I hate having my clothes altered, not mentioning that most lolita clothing feels like crap when I wear mostly luxury items now. I'm just starting to resell a bunch of things, and looking for older VM/MM releases because the quality and sizing suits me more.
>>
>>8717279
Maybe something really bad happened in her personal life? Try asking her directly what happened, that's the only way to know for sure if it was you or her. She might be too embarrassed or ashamed that she ran away because she couldn't handle her life. I know I was.
>>
>>8717323
Maybe what they meant is that they're thirsty for more non-crossdressing males.
>>
>>8717551
>i just feel too tall to be cute...and feel like some tiny doll
Bruh barbie was widely known for being beautiful and cute and bitch had some long af legs. BTSSB has a dress that looks exactly pulled from her nutcracker getup just saying.

But also if that doesn't help just put on one of your filliest dresses and sit down so it pools around you then take an angled photo with a 3innocent5u faces we're all guilty of. Boom. Insta-doll aesthetic without showing your height. Fuck even have an all out photo shoot of you just doing cute stuff so when you get in these moods you can look back at them as a gentle reminder that ah yes I too can be adorable
>>
>>8717548
I didn't know how to do make up at all until last year just before I started dressing in lolita (I'm almost 26 now). If you want to learn how to do make up, I suggest watching youtube tutorials- that's how I learned.
>>
I've been with my fiancée for almost six years. I've given him chance after chance, even after he broke promise after promise. I moved across the USA to move in together. He never fucked me (maybe once a week) though looked and jerked to porn. He had anger issues. He was addicted to cocaine. He almost died. He yelled at me every day. My anxiety was through the roof. I cried daily. Sometimes he would get a little physical with me. He always looked at my phone, never let me look through his. He never told me his problems. Still I persevered. He got counseling. He's gotten so much better. He actually controls himself very well now. We rarely fight and he never yells at me or gets physical. Finally, things were looking up. We were both becoming better people in control of ourselves. We grew together. We worked everything out together. I've always been such a hopeful girl. Finally- my hope was paying off!

I've never really trusted anyone. I lost trust in my mother at a young age. He was the only one I ever trusted with my heart or emotions. I literally just started opening up to friends that I've had for over twelve years a few months ago.

I had always been suspicious. Last night I look through his phone. We talk. He's been cheating on me ( flirty/sexual text messages) with Many people, including a girl he used to be in love with (how foolish of me to allow them to converse). A choice message was along lines of "I don't know if I'll fall out of love with you". Other highlights include joking about spanking her and feeding her his cum.

I'm destroyed. I don't even know how to feel. I can't sleep. I feel constantly nauseous. I've given up so much and then this. He gave me a reason for it that I won't discuss here. It's very important. But I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to focus or function. I can't lay out any sort of plan. I have no friend here. I am thousands of miles away from home. As his friend I want to help him. Not CGL related but I have no one
>>
>>8717427
I'm addicted to the salt too. I was a farmer but I had to force myself to stop visiting that site as it was making feel awful. Still it's so hard to not type it in to the address bar. I legitimately feel addicted. I'll sometimes just be like "I'll... I'll just check the catalog really quick and won't look at the threads." Just for a peek at the pictures to get me through. It's fucking dumb. Sometimes I'll open a thread and look at the newly posted pictures but then I feel bad
>>
File: 1447129218872.jpg (104KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
1447129218872.jpg
104KB, 1024x686px
>>8718110
I saw and I laughed for a good while. Dat karma.
>>
This all started a few months ago. But, one week before my first Lolita meetup, as I am bit a wee young frilly, I met someone at another event that saw my dress and asked if I was also into Lolita. The dress itself was not worn as Lolita, but an under-dress associated with Lolita, so the connection wasn't a stretch. I told her that I was and that I was intending to attend the meet the following weekend. After that, we hit it off for the night. A lot of chatting and laughing, and it sounded like we could be some fast friends. An exchange of facebook accounts and suggestions for something to consider in the possible future.

Skip to the next week and she shows up a total ita. I'm wearing my first coord, but it is an AP jsk, and decently coorded for a baby. But, she's stressed in a Milanoo monstrosity and just an eyesore. The more seasoned mods and mods asked for me to sit at their table, so I was already saved from that awkwardness.

Fast forward to the future, and she's posting pro-life shit on FB with the occasional graphic image of a fetus. There has also been "traditional marriage" shitposting and now I'm beyond uncomfortable with her. I want to remove her from my facebook account, but I do not want any drama because I am too new. My comm has suffered a member that was a major lolcow, and has barely been spared being ground zero. I just don't like her anymore.
>>
>>8718514
I'm so so sorry Anon.
You can always lay out a plan. Go to your bank, open a personal savings account and start hoarding up money and gtfo.
He definitely doesn't deserve you. He blew every chance you gave him and guys like this will never learn. They'll always "improve" just enough to lay down the false hope to get you to stay. Trust me, I've been there.
I know its hard but start reaching out to people and see if someone needs a roommate or move back home if you can.
Trust me, its not worth sacrificing your own mental and physical health over.
Good luck.
>>
>>8717551
Please get professional help.
>>
>>8718544

This could be said of many posts in this thread.
>>
>>8718534
You can always just unfollow her posts on FB without unfriending her completely.
>>
>>8717568
Stop. Stalking is beyond creeper behavior and this isn't normal for even the gulls. As a victim of violent stalking: Stop.
>>
>>8718540
Thank you so much, your words mean a lot to me.
I feel so sick. I haven't slept in 24 hours and I can't sleep or eat. Whenever I try to lay down I just start thinking about the worst parts over and over.The only person I've ever trusted, and this is what I get. He was my first love and relationship. He is my best friend. I just want to start walking across the earth and never come back.

Sorry for ranting so much
>>
I am overspending on some of my /cgl/ secret santas even though I'm pretty sure most of them are going to flake. I am probably going to regret this decision.
>>
I really like the girls in my comm, but I don't know how to be closer friends? I'm pretty new and it feels like some of them have known each other for years. Everyone is great at meets but after they end we dont really talk all at all...
>>
>>8718552
You have every right to your feelings Anon. I've been in a similar situation and it hurts like hell to go through but you will get through it.
It takes time to heal so don't be afraid to take the time you need.
Definitely get out as soon as you can though.
>>
>>8718557
The harsh truth is that you can't be close friends with everyone. Having said that, you can try warming up to them by getting more involved in the comm in general, and then you might be able to make friends with at least some of them.
Does your comm have an FB page? Get involved in discussions, post your coords (and if needed, ask for suggestions for improvement; this is another way to start a discussion), share new purchases (even if they aren't frequent) and, if it's not a regular thing in your comm already, encourage others to share theirs as well.
I don't know the dynamics of your comm so I can't be sure whether these methods will help or not, but if your comm isn't very active online it might benefit a lot from such posts, so it's worth a shot.
>>
>>8718411
Not that anon but this is really sweet
>>
Not lolita but I really need to get this off my chest. It irritates me how cosplays done by POC people get a ton of notes on tumblr solely for the fact they're POC. I'm not talking about actual good POC cosplays, im talking about cheap bought costume, no effort cosplay. Especially with the sailor Moon POC cosplayers.
>>
>>8718514
You are a doormat. I find myself having very little sympathy for you to be honest.
>cheated on you for god knows how long
>acts abusive towards you
>I-I still want to be his friend and help him :3

Can you not hear how fucking pathetic you sound? You deserve to be taken advantage of with an attitude like that.
I'm not sugar coating this because you need to hear the truth and maybe some common sense switch will flip on in your brain if you don't get asspats for your stupid behaviour.
>>
>>8718629
They also get a lot of racist comments and hate, which white people don't get.
>>
>>8718647
Unless the SJW brigade discover them.
>>
>>8718514
1. Work on getting together some savings of your own.
2. Start seeing a therapist of some sort yourself.

You are in a really bad place. You don't think you are, because you think you are in love and he just has to get a little better. But your "love" is blinding you. You are setting yourself up for a miserable life. He's not going to change.

Please, please get help. Reach out to a women's abuse center, if you can at the very least for advice.

rainn.org
thehotline.org (1−800−799−7233 or TTY 1−800−787−3224)
>>
>>8718647
Which is terrible, obviously. I'm just saying that I find it odd that a shiny party city costume with no wig or correct accessories gets thousands of notes ONLY if the cosplayer is black. I've seen tons of actual good black cosplayers who deserve recognition because of their hard work and dedication, but to be put in the same category as shiny party city costume.
>>
>>8718655
Maybe some black people don't think they're allowed to cosplay, and seeing people able to have fun in shitty costumes gives them courage or something?

Still, it sounds a bit disproportionate.
>>
>>8718554
anon, i have 5 gifting secret santas and 5 card santas... i am also worried. but i want to believe in the best. if all 10 reciprocate i will be so proud of my seagull pals.
>>
I avoid following ugly lolitas on all social media as much as possible. Sometimes ugly members of my comm will follow me and I feel that I should reciprocate, but if there is any way around it, I'm keeping those uggos off my feed. I don't care if you're the best dressed and kindest lolita around, if you have a bad face, I don't want to look at you. A beautiful dress can't save a tragic face, and I think only cute girls should wear the fashion.

Confession because in my comm, I'm known as a complete sweetheart who would never think I'll of someone for something so shallow.
>>
>>8718700
*ill, rather
>>
File: baaw.jpg (147KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
baaw.jpg
147KB, 450x300px
>>8718629
Anon just get over it, sometimes notes can simply equate to 'awesome, I support you'.

There are honestly better things to worry about than people that have taken two seconds of their time on tumblr to acknowledge someone.

So you reckon the same cosplay, executed in an identical manner wouldn't get as many 'notes' with say, a white girl? - So what frankly, no one owes anyone shit and individuals get to choose who they give their notes to for whatever reason. When I hear people like you complaining about 'notes', some arbitrary token of social currency, it just sounds so bloody stupid.

When the amount of shitheads online spouting racist crap, and the relatively moderate folk that still bang on about how you 'can't cosplay outside your skin color' are nothing but a gnat's piss in the ocean, then you may have something to bitch about. Until then, stfu.

And to keep this relevant, lolitas that come out with the same shit are just as cringeworthy.
>>
>>8718641
Wow, you're a massive cunt. It doesn't make you ~real~ or ~edgy~ to have absolutely no empathy for people with horrible self-esteem issues who end up letting people treat them like shit because they feel like they have no one else and are overly forgiving. Judgemental pieces of garbage like you are the ones who deserve getting shit on.
>>
>>8718725
>Wow, you're a massive cunt. Judgemental pieces of garbage like you are the ones who deserve getting shit on.

the irony
>>
>>8717307
>$10 on a T-shirt
Few things disgust me more than people who act like there's something wrong with you for buying things other than cheap ass sweatshop clothes. This is why I can't deal with poorfags.
>>
>>8718423
what ones would you recommend?
>>
>>8718676
Maybe if we're lucky, you and I got each other!
>>
>>8718735
Diff anon, but calling someone a cunt for acting like a cunt isn't that judgmental, imo
>>
>>8718735
Different anon, but lolno. There's a world of difference between telling someone they deserve to be treated horribly because they're a doormat and telling someone they deserve it for being that much of a judgement dick. If you can't see that, you are literally retarded.
>>
>>8718736
Tell me about it it. Ex-poorfag trying to break habits, there is absolutely nothing wrong with investing in brand.. It's well-made, and will last you a good time.
>>
>>8718641
Easy for you to say when you haven't been there. I bet you tell people who suffer from depression to "just cheer up!" too.
Cunt.
>>
A girl in my comm lied to the mods and tried to get me kicked out while attempting to ruin my reputation. She was found to be making shit up but there wasn't any punishment. I wish I could name and shame her here but it'd be obvious it's me.

At least I'm satisfied knowing she gets posted in the CoF threads and everyone always agrees she looks terrible.
>>
i think a girl i know in a comm i joined got a bad rap and took the fall for me talking about our comm on 4chan. theyre normally drama free but i wasnt very good at hiding how much i didn't some people when i heard about a thing that happened involving other people, and all kinds of rumors started over a different girl they don't seem to be cool with anymore? (i thuoght they were friends but i heard they started talking about her). i regret it now because the girl basically went into hiding and isn't going to meets and if i knew she would get backlash then I would have just bit my tongue. nobody ever told me all the details about the aforementioned "thing" except that it was a past thing that was being made bigger than they needed to, but i got the name of one girl involved and i didn't like her from the beginning so i didn't think it would become such a big deal. i didn't think complaining with no names attached would be such a big deal but i guess i made it too obvious.
>>
>>8718350
I have a MM dress for sale on LM, and no offense, but it would be way too big on you. It's 90 cm in the bust lol

Back to confessions... I really want to set up a meetup but I've only been part of my comm a few months. I guess I should ask an admin, I'm just afraid of looking like a bitch who wants power and attention or something. Really I just want more events
>>
>>8718110
Are you sure she left the fashion?
>>
>>8718152
>this sounds hilarious.
>>
>>8718255
I think I know who you are, and I am sorry you got pushed out of your own comm.
>>
>>8718784
>Sorry that happened to you anon, the same thing happened to me aswell
>>
>>8718797
>what comm is this?
>>
>>8718841
It's hilarious in the most obnoxious of ways. She's really not a great dresser as well, which feeds into her being all fucking over everyone when they are fighting to get away.
>>
>>8718841
>>8718858
>>8718863
Alright newfag, you don't need to greentext all your replies and you should just make one individual comment.
>>
>>8717533
I was thinking of this but no clue how I'd find said sugar daddy.
>>
>>8718863
they'll know who they are, they knew the last time.
>>
>>8717998
Exactly this, I'm mostly a lone loli, have no real life friends, let alone loli ones. I travel a few times a year to the biggest comm near by but no one knows me and everyone already has their tight knit friend circles and I have no idea how to connect with them and not be seen as an outsider. I saw a few lolis in my area once, but I'm afraid if I start a local comm it'll just be tween itas, and people I knew from school and work will see me out practically babysitting weebs
>>
>>8717328
It's very easy to avoid if you're not a drama queen.
>>
>>8717551
I'm 5ft 130lbs and forever bitter that I look like a stumpy little troll, get trampled on, pushed out of the way and half the dresses I like completely swamp me, looking ridiculous. Be happy
>>
>>8717427
I feel you, anon. I feel bad for it sometimes because I know how badly the bullying fucked me up, but then again I would never attack someone on their social media etc. Laughing at someone from afar and laughing in their face are different things, imo.
>>
>>8718641
If seeing someone's weakness makes you cold and unsympathetic then it sounds like you've got some issues you need to deal with.
>>
>>8719017
Me. Definitely me. Being bullied actually made me a little confrontational, as my mom had a very "face your problems head on" approach, and it's to the point where if I have a problem with someone I'll go to them directly to work things out. But if I just want to laugh and cringe at their lack of color balance, I just do that over here. It's not an attack and it's not bullying, it's just being haughty imho.
>>
>>8718700
I'm sure your not as pretty as you think and there are plenty of people in the world who think your ugly.
>>
>make friends with lolita through cgl friend finder thread
>become good friends
>find out going through archives randomly she's infamous
I don't know how to feel about her anymore.
>>
>>8718846
It's not really that I was pushed out of the comm, I'm still somewhat active and go to meets. I think I'm just being petty for not being missed as much as a mod as I hoped? I can't narrow down to what I feel exactly.
I know part of it is I relied on lolita so much after high school. After graduating, I learned the group of friends I had didn't think of me as well as I did them. And instead of telling me the truth when I asked them about it, they turned against me and blamed me for "all my mistakes" to them. They also were mad that I'd rather be friends with people in weird dresses than them, which was kinda true. I had suspicions they weren't as honest as I hoped, but I didn't want to face it since I didn't have other friends I could go to. But when I found the comm and made genuine friends, it was easier to let go of the toxic people of my life.
Without friends out of the fashion, and not being as active as I wish, it gets a little lonely. I guess that's just my problem. It's stupid of me to think that way, but there it is.
>>
>>8718522
Oh my fucking god i do the exact same thing anon. Be strong. I am sure you aren't a bad person...i'm addicted to the salt, but i truly think you aren't bad, i also try to see the good in every lolcow. PT has motivation for her aidoru dreams, like c'mon she's still going after all the years, even though she doesn't really have a chance, she's still at it, despite all the mockery and such.
Dakota is clever too, while she isn't a kawaii super skinny babydoll, she isn't that ugly at all and i think that the fact she worked her way up to there says something about her no matter how many times farmers will call her "fat" and "ugly" she achieved a thing that many of them couldn't probably do. I absolutely despise some of them like yukapon though...
>>
>>8719143
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm kind of blunt/aggressive when I have an issue with someone because I just got sick of people treating me like trash. I'm probably still a bitch for sneering at itas on /cgl/, but oh well, I'm kind of relieved I'm not the only one in this position. Sage for blog.
>>
>>8717533
Where did you find someone who was ok with this mild of an arrangement? Help a girl out yo
>>
>>8719193
I'm so glad somebody can relate. Honestly, at first I went there to kind of catch up on what all of my favorite net idols were doing. It was an easy way to access it all at once. However, aside from a few people like Yukapon and Sheena, I know that the other people are really only posted because people enjoy picking on them for their odd behavior, which isn't cool since it's not actually a bad thing. Still I started to going into those nastier threads and it spiraled out of control.
>>
>>8718797

>tfw can't tell if this is the comm in my area or if all lolita comm are just fucked up
>>
>>8718816
How big is your comm? It's pretty normal to have more than one person planning all the meets. If its too daunting you could have a co host.
>>
I'm probably far from the only one with a secret like this, but I just can't stop buying lolita even when I need to save up for serious life things. I tell myself I'll just buy this one accessory and it won't hinder the savings that much..

I used to be extremely responsible with money, but had almost no lolita items and was a complete ita. After having a decent amount of money and buying things I always wanted I'm addicted. I'm getting my third dream dress in the mail for this year.
>>
>>8719240
Anon, are you me? I wanted to limit myself to 5 dresses for the whole of 2015, I have bought 17 so far, although I also sold a lot of stuff. I'm not in serious debt, thankfully, but my savings are pitiful. I used to be super frugal and smart about money, I have no idea what happened.
>>
>>8719240
>>8719268
I do this too
My car just broke down for the 4th time in a few months and I just bought a new purse and did a taobao order

I'm literally blowing my entire paycheck on payday, then suffering for 2 weeks and tell myself to save a bit for other things, then I do it again.

>missed out on a super cheap con today because of a MILK bag
>>
File: 5.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I'm new to Lolita and I'm deathly afraid of committing a faux pas, or making a bad coord and looking ita and ending up posted here.
>>
>>8719308
I understand you but don't be so afraid to make mistakes that you avoid doing anything at all. Everyone makes mistakes, even more seasoned lolitas put together failed coords every now and then. It happens, it's okay.
Getting posted because your coord sucks is hardly pleasant, but if it happens to you, you could use it as a motivator to get better. Work up the courage to out yourself and ask anons for constructive criticism; it isn't an easy task but it might help you more than you can imagine.
Don't be discouraged and remember that it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
>>
>>8719218
is your state big or small
>>
>>8719308
The only people who get posted and teased are itas who refuse to improve and vendetta-chans. As long as you're open to concrit, you'll be fine. It's the itas who act like they know everything and look like a hot mess who get posted.

On the other hand, there are always nitpicks and you just have to deal with the fact that you can't please everybody. Even lolitas known for having great coords get nitpicked. There's no such thing as 100% approval rating.

This is a fun fashion, don't stress so hard.
>>
I haven't gone to a lolita meet-up in over a year. I've gone to a few small casual things with friends in lolita, and worn lolita on my own, but that's it. I've been ill on and off. As a result, I've been hospitalised twice, not had a lot of energy to put towards getting dressed up, and gained a lot of fucking weight because of medication. And while the actual weight gain doesn't bother me, it means a lot of things don't fit anymore.

I've started selling things off a little at a time now, but last night I sold Vampire Requiem to a friend who has been after it for a while. That was my first dream dress and the first thing I reserved from Baby directly, but it doesn't even come close to zipping anymore, so I decided to let it go.

Now I can't tell if I'm leaving lolita completely or just in a funk, but selling that dress has now made me want to just eliminate everything from my closet.
>>
>>8719335

it's not a state
>>
>>8719355
then all comms are pretty rotten
>>
I'm afraid that male genetics will rear its ugly head sooner rather than later and I will no longer look presentable in my wardrobe.
>>
>>8719152
Did that strike a nerve? I never said I was particularly good-looking, just that I dislike seeing really ugly girls in lolita.

Spoiler, though, I am actually pretty. Just sort of a shallow, rotten person underneath at times. Oh well. I do feel bad about it, though, and wanted to confess my sins.
>>
>>8719401
Why don't you try and change? Isn't it better and more important to be a better person?
>>
>>8719234
Very small, like 15-20 people who actually are active in the comm and maybe 50 including people who don't come to anything. We have a lull in events and I don't want to be presumptuous as an outsider, I already worry that coming to every event might bug people who don't like me and push them away
>>
I have people in my comm I hate so personally and so deeply I'm considering starting a fistfight at the next meetup.

I don't care if I get banned I just wanna see some motherfuckers bleed.
>>
>>8719401
suuuuure you are.

pics or it didn't happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 500x424px
>>8718700
>>
>>8717267
Good anon!It's good the feel when you lose a shitty friend you have a true best friend!I had also i a shitty friend criticising me to buy lolita or clothing in general when she spent more money than me in useless junk food and crappy ebay shit.
Feels good to be far away from these people, in change i appreciated the other friends i have and now i'm not alone!
>>8717427
I do this because i was badly hurt by some people when i did nothing wrong to deserve it (maybe trusting them so much), so making fun of horrible people that creates drama online make me think of the people that hurted me badly. It's like negative karma finally paid them for all the shit they gave to people that don't deserve that behaviour. Laughing of my past bullies/abusers make me feel better of myself and think i need people that won't treat me like crap, i finally boosted my self esteem.
>>8718110
Hehe, happy how she deserved it.
>>
File: 1446156532810.png (71KB, 191x226px) Image search: [Google]
1446156532810.png
71KB, 191x226px
>>8718514
Dear god you sound like damn my idiot sister. Bite the bullet and LEAVE HIM. Its literally the only smart choice here or your just going to be in a never ending cycle of misery until one day you look back as you're holding your bastard child and realize that you have wasted your entire life on some douche who never really cared about you or your happiness.

Its time to recognize the bullshit and learn from it so you never get in this situation again and if you do you'll know what actions to take. This man is toxic to your health and is a barrier for you ever taking your life back and leading it to its fullest. Once you get the emotions out of the way the bottom line is he needs to go
>>
File: 1435133120196.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435133120196.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>8719466
here's a better version
>>
>>8719165
Unless their infamy was earned by being two-faced or a bad friend, don't let something like that ruin a friendship. We all have embarassing moments in our past.
>>
>>8718514
DTMFA. Get ahold of his phone again and take photos of the incriminating texts so you have them on hand in case he whines and begs for you to come back. Find family or friends to stay with. It's going to be hard but you'll come out better for it in the end. There are much better people out there for you anon.
>>
>>8719416
I mean, I'm not rude to anyone, it's entirely internal, and a haven't noticed it affecting my own mentality or how I treat others aside from who I follow on social media. But you're right, something I could fix and will try to work on.

>>8719450
Yeah, like you salty gulls wouldn't just descend to rip apart whatever tiny flaws you find. Is someone being okay with how they look that bothersome to you? It's not something I'm proud of or anything; I was born with features that are desirable in American culture, it's nothing I worked for. And by that same token, I'm not blaming anyone for being ugly or treating them poorly. I just don't want to look at them in lolita more than necessary. Sorry that upsets you.
>>
>>8718700
Anon you are my soul sister.
>>
>>8718110
Can you just leave it alone? At least she acted nicely irl, and didn't get off on being salty like you.
>>
>>8719527
>defending some drama-mongering scammer because she was nice
I don't even understand this logic. What alleged niceness overrides causing drama and stealing? Isn't that just called being two-faced?
>>
>>8719485
That's true. People used to say that she was super toxic but she didn't ever behave that way during our friendship. Perhaps she's grown up.
>>
>>8719629
What kind of toxic are we talking? Gossip-y toxic or scammer toxic? Because in my experience, people can grow out of being gossip-y, nasty people, but scammers are generally scammers for life.

The disconnect that allows them to take advantage of people is pretty much hardwired.
>>
>>8719494
I'm not salty. I just know bullshit when I smell it. thats all.
If you're as pretty as you say you are, prove it. its not that hard.
>>
>>8718740
Ones which makeup style you like
>>
>>8719635
Not that anon, but what's the point of that?
Her main point of posting is that she's super nice to people but is actually really salty on the inside.
It's a confession thread.
>>
>dude goes to our comm events regularly
>doesn't dress up, barely talks to anyone
>2/10, that's being generous
>would be more bearable if he joked with us or had something in common with anyone at all
>but all he does is awkwardly stand around making small talk with the comm leaders
>comm leaders too nice to kick him out because he is friendless/"nice guy"
>but
>tired of our meets being his preying ground
>>
>>8719650
I don't see why he should still be allowed just because he's "nice" if he's not participating in or contributing anything to the community. Maybe see if there are other members who feel similarly to you, then approach the leaders of your community as a group?
>>
>>8718641
You are whats wrong with the world. You are SCUM!
>>
Every time I go pee in lolita I'm signing the mission impossible theme in my head.
>>
>>8719667
I like you.
>>
>>8718784
You are probably the only one that posts her and almost anyone posted here gets ripped on. Derrr.
>>
I'm a trans man, and I used to wear lolita before I started transitioning. My plan when I started testosterone was to take a break from lolita, and then I could start wearing it again when I felt comfortable with my body. I figured I could just become a brolita, and that would be that.
I still want to do that, but I'm worried people will judge me and think I'm not really trans. I'm also starting to wonder if I'll ever feel comfortable wearing women's clothing again. I love lolita, and I want to stay involved in it, but it's looking like that might be more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>8719675
Well, you're becoming a manpersonthing because that's what you want to be. If you want to be cute from time to time as a hobby too, just do it. The fashion is your hobby because you enjoy it. People already jeer at and judge lolitas. An even greater amount of folk judge trans people. Quite frankly, no matter who you are and what you do, someone somewhere will think less of you. Just keep on keepin' on.
>>
>>8719748
> Quite frankly, no matter who you are and what you do, someone somewhere will think less of you.
This is oddly reassuring. You're right: If I'm gonna be hated anyway, I might as well be hated while doing what I love. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>8719494
Sorry that is upsets you that we think your a cunt with an over inflated sense of self-importance. Your arrogance and extreme judginess is what is rubbing people wrong. So, post your pics and get torn apart; you deserve it.
>>
>>8719786
i wonder what makes you people so mad in a confession thread. what makes you think she's going to post a picture of herself, to prove you guys wrong or something? she'd never tell anyone to their face her secret for this exact reason.

sometimes yall seagulls make no damn sense.
>>
>>8719667
I'm glad I'm not the only one anon
>>
>>8719675
As a fellow transman with similar back story. Nothing stopped me from wearing Lolita today! It was a bit weird but still felt like me. I think salty bitches are going to pick on whatever they want, that shouldn't stop is from being happy.
>>
>>8719401
Most girls I see hating on "ugly" girls are pretty ugly themselves.
>>
>>8719649
She hates on ugly girls and claims only cute girls should wear Lolita. She should have to show herself before she makes such a claim, we should be able to see if she is cute enough to wear Lolita.
>>
>>8718641
You sound like one of those people who uses 'just keeping it real' as an excuse to act like a total asshole. You're worse than the anon you're insulting, desu.
>>
>>8719827
>should have to

>not getting the point of confessions
>>
>>8718700
You sound ridiculously insecure.
>>
>>8718740
Look up Wayne Goss's youtube channel. He will teach you anything you ever need to know.
>>
>>8719862
I think you're projecting. Surely you meant she's making YOU insecure?

Her post is overconfident to the point of cockyness.
>>
>>8719401
>a shallow, rotten person underneath at times

At least you're self aware? That's half the battle. Of course, you could probably strive to improve your personality now that you're aware of your flaws? But you sound pretty content with just being a sandy cunt.
>>
>>8719870
i dont think you know what that internet slang means
>>
>>8719426
Please film this if it happens? I'd love to see a frilly fistfight.

>>8719866
Nah. People behave and lash out like that usually because they're insecure or lacking something in their own life.
>>
>>8719634
Mainly gossipy and attention whore - type stuff. Discussing it in this thread is making me realize it isn't that big of a deal now.
>>
>>8719870
Again, I'm not rude to anyone, I just don't like looking at ugly lolitas? Does anyone? Like I said, I don't feel that it's affecting my personality, but I would work on changing it, especially if I started being a bitch to innocent people.

>>8719862
I'm not, but that's fine. Do you like looking at ugly people? Just being honest in a confession thread

>>871982
Beauty is subjective.

>>8719786
>over inflated sense of self-importance
Where? It's not arrogant to recognize that I am conventionally attractive by Western standards, and it's not really judgmental of me to not like looking at people I find unattractive if I'm not treating them poorly and am recognizing they don't control their genes. Stay buttfrustrated.

I mostly posted here to confess something I'd never say aloud or act on (hence confession thread?), but I was curious to see if I got any responses, and I'm glad cgl delivered. Have a good night, anons.
>>
>>8719956
People are getting on you because you sound egotistical and extremely shallow. If more than one person thinks the same about you, it's probably true.
>>
>>8719965
omg she said herself she is being shallow and obviously doesn't care much what random anons think of it can you drop it and give others a chance in this thread? you idiots are so sensitive. get out of confessions if "ugly lolis gtfo" is enough for this shit
>>
File: 1405033410061.gif (103KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1405033410061.gif
103KB, 500x375px
>>8719810
Thanks! That's good to hear.
>>
>>8718641
ah yes this post is definitely going to help her out. fyi there's a huge difference between not sugar coating and being a massive cunt
>>
>>8719965
also
>if more than one person has the same bad impression of you from a couple paragraphs about how you're admitting you're a bad person in a thread meant for exactly that, you're probably awful all around
are you serious right now? cgl please
>>
>>8718514
Everyone else has already said what needs to be said. However you do it, whether it takes you a night or a month of planning, you need to leave him. I know love really fucks with people brains but trust me anon, you can start over, you will find someone else eventually. But this man does not actually care about you no matter how much you care about him, and any amount of you trying to help him out of his douchebaggery is just going to hurt you. Understand that you are not responsible for other people's deficiencies - you may want to help him, but is he going to help you? He's already proven that he doesn't care about hurting you with his own faults. If you need to stay a bit longer to save up money and figure out a plan, so be it - but you NEED to leave. Like, NEED to - there's no "maybe" or "I'll think about it"; the only thing you need to be thinking about right now is how and when you will leave and where you will go.

Trust me when I say that unless HE is the one who enthusiastically expresses that he wants to make an overall change for the better, it's only going to get worse from here. You cannot help him if he doesn't want to help himself, and as I've said, he's clearly shown he doesn't give a shit about you. I know it hurts to see someone you love not be reciprocative of feelings but you cannot destroy yourself by investing so much in a person who does not want to give you a return. You're not responsible for his deficiencies.
>>
I've been having kinky sex with random men on Fetlife and use my cords as part of a kink (no brand for obvious reasons)
>>
>>8719974
I normally want to see the persons face when they say shit like that. In my experience, the person shitting on ugly girls is ugly themselves. I hate it when ugly girls think they are hot shit and hate on other ugly girls.
>>
>>8720005
okay, bfd, she would be stupid to post here, even if she is pretty, so drop it
>>
>>8719992
Bait?
>>
>>8720005
Because pretty people can be bitchy about ugly people, sure.
>>
>>8720005
You basically want to be reassured that you're smugly justified and have a one upmanship on anon and want to bring this bitch down a notch because you're too insecure and actually give a shit. What she's saying is nothing new, she's basically saying what we're all thinking, people are shallow, water is wet.
>>
>>8719426
Wow anon that's pretty heavy. I'm sure there is a reason for these feelings? Maybe it would be better to lay off the meets for awhile if people in your comm are affecting you this way.
>>
File: 1371019418796.gif (549KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1371019418796.gif
549KB, 500x208px
I sent my friend a lot of money for a dream dress and it's been over a month and she still hasn't shipped it. I think she's ignoring me now. :\

I'm really let down by it, and I wish I hadn't trusted a friend and sent it via gift. Guess you can't trust anyone.
>>
>>8719013
Are you me

>forever crying about my stumpy legs
>>
>>8720124
File a chargeback and burn that bridge before it lets more awful things in.
>>
>>8719426
Lol bitch, I'd like to see you try. I'll break your fat fuckin' pig nose.
>>
>>8719426
have fun with those assault charges
>>
I'm incredibly depressed and failing out of uni, which nobody knows. But lolita keeps me alive, and I'm afraid when everyone finds out I've flunked this semester they'll take my dresses away.
>>
>>8719629
It's certainly possible that she's changed, but be careful either way. If it's someone like lsg it's more likely she's manipulating and using you to worm her way back into the community.
>>
>>8720207
Same, but with community college
I haven't gone to my class in 5 weeks, I've just been so out of it

We'll get through this together anon
>>
I got my first gun today for my Concealed Carry Permit.

Nothing makes me happy anymore, not even Lolita does.

I'm contemplating suicide.

My comm wouldn't even care though, they wouldn't even notice.

I'm completely invisible to them, except for the bitch in my comm that pushed me to this, who ruined my entire Lolita life.
>>
>>8720215
Are you okay call suicide hotline <3
>>
>>8720215
Shoot her instead, that would make them notice
>>
>>8720219
I honestly have no clue
I'm failing classes
My friends all ignore me
I have no one to really talk to

I put the gun in the family safe that was left open from getting stuff out of it. I don't know the passcode for it.

I'm gonna try to take a nap and see if it's just be being irritable again
>>
>>8720220
I'm laughing so hard anon
As nice as that sounds, violence isn't the answer. I'll see if I can possibly ruin her life some other way
>it still sounds incredibly nice though
>>
>>8720214
I don't think so. I'm almost to where I'd rather kill myself at the end of the semester than face my family. Not even my boyfriend knows how bad it is.
>>
>>8720226
Is there any way you won't have to tell them? My grades are all online, so my parents can't even look at them

Just say you passed. That's what I've been doing
>>
>>8719956
I actually see where you're coming from, anon. I don't hate ugly people or avoid them in real life but when it comes to pictures of lolitas I'm looking for images of beautiful girls in beautiful clothing - why would I have to include ugly images if I don't want to? I'm fine with interacting with these girls IRL and think they can dress however they like, they just don't fit the aesthetic of my dash. How is that the end of the world? I don't see why other anons are acting like they don't have aesthetic preferences.
>>
>>8720215
Do yourself a favor and put that gun away somewhere you can't easily get to for a while. Maybe give it to a friend or a family member to hang on to. Lock it up somewhere inconvenient and out of reach, at the least. You don't want to make any irreversible impulsive decisions while your emotions are running high.

Fuck that bitch that caused you all this trouble, she's not worth wasting your time worrying about. But your life is yours and yours alone; she can only ruin it if you let her. Take care of yourself. You can get through this.
>>
>>8720221
>>8720237
Just saw your newer post. Good on you for locking it away. Please take care.
>>
>>8720230
They'll ask to see my grades at the end, and I can only fake it for so long. I won't be able to sign up for the classes I need next semester, and then what? I haven't gone to classes in a month and if I weren't such a coward I'd explain to my professors about my depression and hope for pity and an Incomplete, but I can't even be assed to do that. Every day I wake up and pretend to go to school, then come back home when everyone else is gone and sleep until the afternoon. Then leave. I'm completely incapable of doing anything except sleeping, dressing up in these stupid clothes, and lying.

>not to mention how much anxiety the recent school shootings gave me. I'm terrified of loud noises on-campus.
>>
>>8720246
Are you able to get professional help? Please call a help line in your country
>>
Im really upset that one girl who RSVPed for a comm members event wasnt in the photos or didnt show up. I was ready to see what that hamburger icon looked like.
>>
>>8720246
Could you email them? Emailing is much easier than talking to them
>>
>>8720245
Will do, I'm chatting with a close friend right now, I just have a lot going on between school, work, Lolita, Christmas, and all these shootings/terrorist attacks don't help me at all
>>
>>8720246
My best friend's boyfriend lied to her about going to school because of his extreme anxiety. Obviously she found out and it put a strain on their relationship, but they talked it out and together came up with a checklist of things for him to do to get his shit together, and he would send updates of himself doing each thing. Please just have someone help you through it, take it a small step at a time, you can do it!
>>
>>8720207
If lolita is one of the few things currently giving you joy then I can't see how that would be taken away from you, but try not to think about it for the moment, you need to talk to someone asap, even if it's a hotline it'll help you find a way to regain control over your situation, stay strong.
>>
>>8720253
>>8720257
>>8720263
>>8720266

You're all very kind, and I might take your suggestions but I'm already planning ways to break up with my boyfriend and "run away" from home so nobody knows I left to kill myself, hopefully sparing everyone. I'm just venting because this is a confession thread- I should actually go to bed right now so I can wake up early enough to "go to school" in the morning. Thanks for listening.
>>
File: hand hillu.png (311KB, 720x500px) Image search: [Google]
hand hillu.png
311KB, 720x500px
>>8720254
oh man i hope this isn't the comm i just joined... nothing like hearing this to make me regret it considering i had to drop going to the museum literally last minute. guess i'd just be trading senpai drama for comm...

i just wanted to do one nice thing for myself...
>>
>>8720276
If you need to talk, I'm here anon
[email protected]

Message me anytime, I'll answer as quickly as I can. I'm on the West Coast, so timezones might be a fucker
>>
The dropout rate for students in community college is actually incredibly high. About only 1/3rd of students who attend will finish and graduate, so try not to feel too beat up about it, being able to actually come to terms with a problem like this is already taking a step in the right direction. Talk to someone as soon as possible, an anonymous hotline, take a deep breath, and get some guidance to reassess your situation. It's really not as bad as it seems, it's just been built up in your mind as something much bigger, it'll be so much better if you talk to someone than continuing to spiral out of control. 1(800)(273)(8255)
>>
>>8720280
it wasnt to a museum. Its someone who gives advice on CoF and what not but has never attended a meet up (or at least not in the last 5 years). The hamburger is also a qpot item and has had a couple secrets and Getoffegl posted about her.
>>
>>8720288
oh goody, that's a huge relief and dang i can totally see where you're coming from on that

good luck on your hunt, i hope they attend the next one
>>
>>8720246
Talk to your schools counselor. Most campuses have a student wellness center that should be able to help you and sometimes they can even help keep you from getting kicked out.
>>
>>8719675
You sound like my friend, but I know he doesn't come here. You can always transition to Ouji if you feel more comfortable in pants, and that way you can still participate in the community.
At the end of the day, someone will be salty and judge you if you continue to wear dresses, but if you like lolita and want to wear it, just do it. As long as you're not a creep, you'll be fine.
>>
My comm is quite small in size but the members are generally nice and friendly. I used to help out in handling meetups and panels. However, by involving myself with the organizing I get to see the shadier side of the person who runs the show in the comm. In the disguise of noble intentions, she tries to earn a profit from the other girls who unknowingly pay more for the meetups. She also tries to cut cost by compromising on other aspects such as location and food. The members are really nice enough to take it as it is, but I just can't ignore the fact that all this is happening.

She tries to get on my good side by offering me a share of what she earn (which I unknowingly receive it in as she paid for my meal) & praising me to be a good spokesperson for the comm. I love my comm but as long as the person is still monipolizing the comm I do not want to be involved in it. Hence I distant myself and only hang out with a few girls that knows the truth and my other friends who are not in the comm as well. I feel really unhappy for involving in such a mess & I feel guilty for the other members who are not her favourites.
>>
>>8720207
>>8720246
Anon, I feel you. I'm close to being kicked out at the end of this semester if I don't finish a certain amount of credits, but I just can't muster up the energy and lolita is the only thing that brings me any joy. Please talk to someone, I was seriously contemplating suicide last year and my school's counseling service really helped me out of it. Suicide is not worth it, even if you fail Uni you still have other options, and you can always try again once you address your mental health issues. Seek help.
>>
my deepest darkest secret...
>i love how cute open toed shoes look with lolita as long as they are wearing socks/tights
>>
Lolita is one of the only things left that makes me feel excited anymore, except I've completely run my finances into the ground buying dresses because I lost my job 5 months ago, my online store's traffic is completely dead, and I'm paying my school tuition out of pocket. I'm becoming increasingly depressed and burnt out, even though I have no real struggles or difficulties in my life.

Buying things just makes me feel happy and excited for a little while before I feel kind of empty again.
>>
I'm a male lolita who was attracted to the fashion by the cute prints and dress cuts. I am interested in what female otakus enjoy too (shojo manga, yuri, Sailor Moon, other j-fashions, cute plushies). I have an odd feeling I'm going to meet my future wife in the fashion. I try my best not to show my interests/be a creep towards a woman in the fashion and spaghetti everywhere. Why would a normie woman date a man in such a feminine fashion?

I try hard to remain single. I think this is the best route atm.
>>
>>8717159
getting constantly posted to 4chan for dressing badly made me so suicidal that I tried to kill myself. it also made me very depressed. nobody here cares if they hurt others. I am sure if people knew, they would be damn proud of themselves.
>>
>>8720595
I don't think many people would be proud of that, but if some strangers on the internet not liking your bad outfits and saying so is enough to drive you to it, seek help.

It's pretty rare that people here actually want to hurt others, we generally are happy when we see that people have taken critique to heart and show improvement. I hope you feel better soon anon.
>>
>>8720595
>Oh noes people on the internet judge me.

Do you know why people's options of you hurt you? Because you're giving their words the power to hurt you. For example, if I said "The sky is green" would you go check and let me cause you to go somewhere or will you just say "Nah it isn't" because you know that you're right? You're just letting random people who you'll probably never meet decide what your option of yourself should be.

So you have two option in these matters:
1. Stop giving a fuck about what Anons say online.
2. Try getting better and earn their approval.
>>
>>8720595
Someone on this board told me to kill myself when I was in a very fragile place, and it almost pushed me over the edge.

Ultimately, people are going to be cruel, especially anonymously. If you're hurt by the comments, stay away from 4chan, that's what I did until recently. Also, I recommend that you seek help considering how badly you are affected. Just remember that this is the Internet and no one will attack you in real life.
>>
>>8720280
>senpai drama

Finally the word filter has done something good
>>
>>8720536
Not going to lie this seems like a good middle ground for all those lolitas who say they are straight but would love to touch/snuggle/be with another lolita. Don't loose hope. I am not going to say you are normal, but neither are any off us otaku interest girls.
My boyfriend is the same way in his interests, loves Sailor Moon and shojo. It is the best! If he would dress up with me as a pretty girl I would probably be fun, too.
>>
>>8720124
Send her a message and say you really want the dress by a certain date for an event (birthday or whatever you can think up). If she doesn't reply in a week, ask for your money back. If she still doesn't reply, tell her you are not sure what is going but you are getting nervous so you are contacting the police.
>>
>>8720467
>gasp
sinner
>>
>>8720595
Just remember that any insults on 4chan aren't aimed at you, but at an anonymous stranger you're acting as. It's like a big theatrical play, where you can make your character do and say anything, without personally experiencing any consequences. So please, don't take any of this personally.

But if you honestly tried to kill yourself over a 4chan post, you should definetly seek help. Or you could always try becoming stronger yourself, but dying is pointless.
>>
>>8720467
Agreed, anon. It's adorable.
>>
File: 1446492253776.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1446492253776.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
>>8720124
>Trusting people
>>
>>8719527
I don't think we're even talking about the same person. Said person never even showed her face at anything ever and prided herself on being a lone lolita. Nobody's ever actually met this girl. She was so full of salt, I'm pretty sure it was hardening her arteries effecting her judgement and rationality. She was literally buttmad insane and gone off the deep end. I'm merely just commenting on the insanity of this person's actions and how I enjoyed seeing karma biting her ass. Otherwise, I've stayed quiet about it. I could detail everything that happened along with screenshots and textwall rants from her as it's lulzy as fucking hell, but I'm not.

>>8718835
When I saw her listed on the banned user list, I just checked her sales history on all her puppet accounts. She mentioned "leaving lolita" in all of them after a certain point. At any rate, if she's still around she's changed identities and gone off social media entirely and went silent. She was really active on tumblr, instagram and facebook. Can't find her now. Either way, good riddance.
>>
A girl in my comm got close to me and basically tricked me into thinking I finally found a friend, in the conventional sense, rather than the people I just temporarily latch on to normally. She made me happy, made me feel like I was catching up on all the 'friends' shit I missed out on in school. Then she just up and hurts me and I'm stunned. I'm scared to leave the house, I don't want to eat...
Another girl in my comm comes along and tries to console me with a sleepover. I agree, wanting to move on, and probably shouldn't have because I didn't know her all that well (I didn't even know she was complete and utter ita trash half the time). Next thing I know she outright betrays my trust. I'm once again stuck indoors, stop wearing lolita, start attacking other people's coords as an outlet. I hate myself because I can't seem to keep up human relationships, I was stupid enough to get hurt twice and I feel like a bitch.
Its been several months since then and I'm having trouble writing this because I have only told one person all this, and its still not out of my system. Sometimes I want to die because if I'm not strong enough to come through this then I'm not fit for whatever else is out there. On occasion I go to the nearby bridge and just lean over the edge wondering if I should or not, too much of a pussy though.
>>
>>8720751
Was this from the SF comm?
>>
>>8718713
Not to mention, more times than their coords/cosplays suck
>>
>>8720752
Anon, what did they do to you?

Just remember that although it's nice to have friends, ultimately, you can be your own best friend and do things for yourself. You'll find people to connect with in time.
>>
>>8717551
I'm 6ft, and I don't look "too tall" in lolita. All you need to do is a little extra spending. Invest in a great underdress/underskirt that easily buys you a lot of extra length to your dress. Infanta makes some great ones. They can also be great ways to get more colours or more of a color in a coord. Secondly, big/volumnous hair is going to help the proportions and even you out. Lastly, don't be afraid of flats.
>>
I am very nitpicky, but I never criticize anyone's coord in public unless they ask.
I also dislike replicas, some girls know it but I never talk about it either.
One of my friend knows how I am however, and what started as a light joke about me being a brandwhore spiralled out of control and now I have a reputation of being a total bitch. She tells every newbie of how I hate replicas and I'll hate every coord that isn't perfectly matched. This girl who goes to the same school as me is so uneasy around me, like I'm going to spit in her face just because she owns a few replicas. I've tried to talk about it but nothing has worked.
My friend is also constantly teasing me about how it's soooo obvious I want to be efamous, and that I'm friends with some girls because I want to leech off their followers, even though I've known them for a loooong time and we literally started lolita at the same time.
This was all meant as a joke but I'm not laughing anymore. I'm tired ...
>>
>>8720890
You need to tell her to quit it. Say that you understand she's joking, but not everyone else does, and her flippant comments have affected the way some comm members interact with you in a negative way.
>>
>>8720890
She doesn't sound like a very good friend. Or at least not a friend who's actually enjoyable to hang out with.

Maybe you should distance yourself from her. Be friendly to other lolitas, and to her, friendly but at an arm's length (like a coworker). Your actions will speak louder than her words.
>>
>>8720901
>>8720906

She actually IS a really good friend and she's absolutely not hurting me on purpose, which makes this even more embarrassing.
I think she's trying to get the newbies in the joke too but she's unknowingly scaring them. Also doesn't help that I have resting bitchface desu.

Rumors spread fast and I'm really working on fixing my reputation, I need to find a way to talk to her about it but it's really embarrassing
>>
>>8720921
why the fuck did it write desu, I wrote "to be honest"
>>
>>8720923
New word filter changes t b h to desu
>>
>>8718550
They don't know, i act perfectly normal and never talk to them. I just follow them on social media,their blogs,...i save some pics of them,once i saw one at a con and i have no friends or anything so i just quietly followed just to see, she had friends,they were laughing and seemed to have fun,she bought cute stuff. I left after when she turned around and tried talking to me, saying my outfit was cute, i was COMPLETELY freezed and just whispered "t...thanks..." before running away. I'm terrible. I'm just SO bored with my own life i live through the others.
>>
>>8717551
5"5 is hardly tall love.
>>
>>8720716
I'm one of those people who'd love to have a cute lolita snuggle buddy but they'd def have to be a cute girl, not a man in a dress.
>>
everyone in my life hates lolita and it makes me feel bad for wearing it. It's one of my hobbies that keeps me active when I have a bunch of health issues. It helps lift depression when I dress up and feel beautiful and good about myself. I never feel good about myself usually. But no one sees how much it helps me, so they always badmouth it, but doing lolita has helped me get out of the house and seeing people and going out more.
>>
>>8720765
Nope. It was in the midwest region. It all happened last year pretty much. But the bans and scamming happened early this year.
>>
>>8717453
a girl in my comm bought a replica, told me about it one week, then wore it to a meet the following week claiming it was brand.
i'm a noob and i know better. could've called her out on the spot but i dont exactly want the reputation as someone who starts shit when i'm just starting out any making friends in the comm
>>
>>8721297
Don't worry, everyone could probably tell it was a replica without you calling her out.
>>
I kinda love the smell of japanese laundry detergent on some of the second hand pieces I buy that I like just burying my face in them and inhaling deeply. I got really attached to the smell of the regular biore body wash when I was in Japan as I used it in the bath houses all the time. When I got home at least for the first couple of months the smell memory was so strong and very nostalgic that it's all I ever use now.
>>
If there's nothing on any of the second hand sites that I want to buy at the moment, I start getting itchy.
>>
>>8720752
Alternatively to what >>8720792 asked about what she did to you, is there anything you did to her as well? Did you ever flake on her for something important, or throw a really judgmental statement around her? Was anything unbalanced about the relationship in terms of when you spent time together, or did you emotionally dump on her a lot?

You should think carefully about the dynamics of the friendship and then reach out to her and ask her in a non-accusatory way if you did anything that hurt her and go from there in terms of saying how you feel.
>>
>>8717267
Sorry I can not commend you on your purchase. If you're on food stamps/any type of social assistance income, your priority is to utilize those monies to survive. Food stamps and social assistance are for people who really need it. if you were able to set aside any amount of money for a LUXURY like buying a dream dress you obviously shouldnt be on food stamps. Youre not fucking dirt poor if you can afford a dream dream.... YOU COULD ONLY AFFORD YOUR DREAM DRESS BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PAYING FOR FOOD......tax payers were paying for your fucking food. thats the only reason why you were able to buy a dress. You should have either saved that money for an emergency, use it for a medical expense, use it for a house related repair/purchase, use it for family related issues/needs. Its because of people like you... People who dont really use food stamps and social assistance correctly that ALL the other people who are working dont want to have social assistance programs. Its because of entitled little shitheads like you that don't understand that luxuries like dream dresses cars and shopping is not something anyone who is REALLY poor cares about. Youre a fraudulent piece of shit and you should feel bad. You need to be taught a lesson, if you don't have money in the first place, you shouldn't be buying something you cant afford. basic economics bitch.
>>
>>8720595
is that u pixyteri
>>
>>8721430
diff but what the fuck crawled up your butt and died, anon? calm the fuck down
>>
>>8721476
nah bra it seriously despicable human behavior to use hard working tax payer money to buy food because you'd rather buy a dress. In my city there is a wait list to get food stamps, and this twat uses them because she wants to buy a dress... its just terrible behavior.
>>
>>8721430
The girl said she saved for weeks and her family isnt receiving much. By that logic, everyone on assistance programs must wear wrags and their children get rocks for birthdays. My mom was on welfare and we recieved about 200 in food stamps per month. She worked her ass off to make sure I had decent clothes and had nice birthdays and Christmases. Theres a saying, "men can't live on bread alone." I'm not going to be mad if someone worked hard to afford a special something or have outings with friends when their parents are in assistance. Especially if theyre not getting much. But if someones on their own, refuses to work, rolls in all the brand, and gets assistance, we have a problem.
>>
>>8721495
This, ffs.
There's a difference between getting yourself ONE nice gift once in a blue moon (by saving forever) and buying burando once a week or some shit.
>>
>>8721489
you know what's also "seriously despicable human behavior"? telling someone they can never have nice things ever because they're poor
>>
>>8721385
yes yes yes me too, i want to know what detergent it is so i can buy some to use for my own clothes
just that smell makes me feel good
>>
>>8721495
Seconded so hard.
/Ex-poorfag who rarely if ever got anything, and appreciated it all the more when she did.
>>
>>8721495
Nah bra, Theres a difference between a dream dress (this is an assumption of at least 60+ dollars) vs going to the thrift store and buying gently used clothes, or clothes from walmart. 60 dollars at walmart will buy a child (5-17)a most of a wardrobe for school. Okay so they say they saved up for weeks to buy this dress... they worked a 14 hr shift and they only get 10 dollars in stamps. (Again Im making an assumption here they are from the US...) This person and their family had to be working to be eligible for the SNAP program, also they had to provide proof of all assets and any other monies they were receiving and then the USDA determines how much they are to receive in stamps. So the figure of 10 dollars in stamps is BULLSHIT... the LOWEST payable amount in foodstamps in the US is currently $104.64 this is as of September 2015 (in Minnesota)... just because they were fraudulent and used their income to buy a "Dream dress" (Dream being highly unattainable) instead of buying things their family shared like paper towels or toilet paper or buying themselves maybe a new laptop for school or books for college or something that was useful. That person isnt the same as your parents. difference between giving your child a wonderful/birthday/christmas vs giving your entitled brat a dress because they have to have it.
>>
I unabashedly live off of the glee I feel seeing people in my comm I can't stand making idiots of themselves. If they ever asked for concrit or showed any desire to improve, I'd help them in a heartbeat, but they all have this stubborn, snooty "I'm already perfect" attitude while they're wearing the shittiest stained replicas, and the same damn orthopedic grandmas shoes with every coord. I'm sure they'll never read this or realize it's aimed at them but WASH YOUR DAMN HAIR YA GREASEBALL.
>>
>>8720215
Please anon don't do it!I had also a big problem with a "bitch" that wanted to ruin my mind and life by being salty while her a whining bitch that no one can stand except clueless people that don't know her, but what i did is to continue my life as she never tainted it and i'm stronger than her. Live your life at best, it's hard at the beginning but you can do it, no one can destroy you and your Lolita.
>>
>>8720536
Read Otomen if you haven't already.
>>
>>8721538
sorry bra definitely didn't say they COULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING NICE.... however I am saying that its important for children to learn that there are more important things in life then possessions especially possessions that have no sentimental value. ex-poor fag here too tho... I had a chance to have some really nice things but it was far and few between and it was usually something super useful. something that was worth the money that was paid for it.
>>
>>8721564
>>8721578
first of all
>stop using "bra", kek
second
>stop acting like an idiot
>>
All these gun/fight confessions are bothering me. I recently unfriended a really unstable Lolita who I knew for a long time, and she cut everyone else out of her life too except for her boyfriend.

I'd be really freaked out if she tried to start shit with me at a meetup. Especially with a gun. I know I could fuck her up if it was an honest fight, but if she had a gun...

Idk. She's a huge pussy, so maybe not. I just don't want to get shot by that cunt.
>>
>>8720752
It is never just one person's fault. Everyone hurts each other, usually it's an accident. It's your responsibility to say when something hurts you or crosses a line so they know for next time. If you are having problems eating and leaving the house, it sounds like this may be more of a you thing as opposed to friends who "betrayed" you. Especially if you think she is "utter ita trash." It sounds like your standards are too high to be possible, probably because you hate yourself.
>>
>>8721578
Let's all be ascetics and move to the buddha.
>>
My confession is that in light of the guy in here losing their marbles over people on EBT spending extra money on lolita is that I have $500 a month extra to spend on lolita and I'm on EBT. Am I ashamed? Nope.
>>
>>8721587
do you even realize how ridiculous this entire hypothetical scenario sounds?
>>
>>8721598
just proves my point tho... you're a fraudulent piece of shit. who shouldn't be on EBT because that 500 dollars should be going to living expenses ... and there is some real poor fag out there who isnt getting the funding they need ... because youre a selfish cunt
>>
>>8721598
you think you're edgy? durr using tax payers money to buy brand i aint sorry durrrr
>>
>>8721620
Monthly living expenses are around $450, I'm still well under the poverty line. What else to do with the money? throw it around and roll in it?

Nah I rather buy some cute dresses. And why not use a service offered to me because of my low income?
>>
>>8721628
tbqh lolita (well, at least burando) is like an investment. i'd argue spending that extra money on burando is a useful thing to do, at least it won't be losing its value and you'd still be getting use out of it as clothing.
>>
>>8721628
>what is investing and savings
>>
>>8721644
>>8721643
>>
>>8721643
No, no. Investing in an item that depreciates is fucking stupid.
>>
It's very easy to be high and mighty about what you should be spending on once you're no longer poorfag/had a hardworking family, but all of us don't have a fun enough home life to get by without occasiol frivoulities.
>>
>>8721644
maybe it's just me but i don't trust shit like the stock market. i'd rather invest my extra savings in lolita then risk losing it in the stock market
>>
>>8721650
not all burando depreciates though, lbr
>>
>>8721644
Shit you do to get money to buy nice things, unlike anon ho cut out the middleman since loli is her top entertainment priority right now.
>>
>>8721651
I see no problem with occasional frivolities, but if your unwilling to save money and make proper investments that'll pull you'll out of your situation then you're kinda doomed.
>>
>>8721658
diff but what if we save money and invest in lolita?
>>
>>8721658
Good point.. I'll still argue that gaining work experience, even if it is a low-income job is a sort of investement.
>>
>>8721643
>>8721647
>actually comparing a savings or retirement account to buying frilly overpriced dresses
Cgl entitlement at its finest. I'm not EBT rage anon but at least some of that money needs to go to a real savings account, not an 'investment' in a constantly changing fashion.
>>
>>8721653
>has made thousands on the stock market
>mainly break even or only make $100ish selling dresses I don't want anymore since dress fads can be fickle
Okie dokie.
>>
>>8721653
>>8721655
I'm face palming so hard right now, you really have no idea how to invest your money properly do you? There are incentive retirement programs in place that are low risk that you put money into each year, you will not lose money, you may just not make a profitable gain. You planning on retiring cashing out your brand or something, how stupid are you?
>>
>>8721671
good for you. i still don't trust it
>>
>>8721672
>you put money into each year, you will not lose money, you may just not make a profitable gain.
diff but that doesn't sound much better
>>
>>8721628
>What else to do with the money? throw it around and roll in it?
Hun, this is why trash will always be trash. If you can't comprehend why saving your money is important, enjoy being poor for the rest of your life.

This is what you should do:

Any extra handouts you receive should go into your bank account.

You should get a job or second job or even do something like babysit, walk dogs, etc. to save up for frivolous luxury items. You deserve to have nice things, but you should work hard for them just like everyone else. People who make decent money still have to pay bills and can't always buy what they want.

Also, you might want to be careful because they can track your purchases or people can report you if you are either not declaring income or seem to have a lot of extra cash to drop on luxury goods. You might just want to earn your dresses honestly like everyone else.
>>
>>8721430
>>8721489
>>8721564
>>8721578
>>8721620
>>8721650
>>8721658
Are you ok, anon? Are you mad someone is using THEIR money in THEIR own way and not your ~~~special unselfish~~~ way? Or are you mad because they can spend on Lolita and living expensive and still be happy during their poorfag times?
>>
>>8721661
Seriously people, how stupid are you? Stop thinking of your dresses as an investment, they're not, they will depreciate with time like a car, no one buys a car thinking they'll sell it for more later, it's not going to happen. The only time you will ever make more is in the short term when something is high in demand, it's just fabric.

>>8721677
I've only named one form of low risk investment you dumb cunt. I made $20k last year in investments alone. Learn to invest, learn to save your money, get informed.
>>
>>8721681
No, the issue of contention is thinking that dresses are a worthwhile investment which is seriously laughable, I can't believe how deluded the anons are in this thread. That and the fact that they'll probly be poor cause they're too dumb to understand how investing works but it's your money to blow on whatever you want, enjoy being poor.
>>
>>8721690
>I make good investments, that means everyone can make good investments!
>>
>>8721644
>>8721671
>>8721690
have fun with upcoming financial crisis shit
>>
>>8721704
Y-yes? There's nothing special about it anon. Or do you not understand how investing works? It takes time, but it pays off, literally. I'm not in my early 20's, but that's actually the best time to start investing, when you're young, when you have a lot of time ahead of you. You've got more time to reinvest your money and really get the ball rolling, even if you're just starting out small it will add up. What is this bizzarro land where anons don't understand money yet spend hundreds on frilly dresses.
>>
>>8721697
None said a dress is worthwhile? How do you know these girls are actually saving something? Your pretty much making assumptions on people's income based on the fact they like to treat themselves nicely every once in awhile. Sorry if you didn't have that luxury during your poorfag times, but people have different situations and at this point, get over yourself and leave them be. Its their money.

Now if we can stop derailing this thread with angsty tumble nonsense

Confession:
I felt like an ita when I bought a body line dress. I recently made my first coord this summer but I felt like I gave off an ita vibe. I posted myself to COF and already saw my pic posted on the COF thread. I know where I can improve and what I need to save on, but I felt I still gave a bad impression, especially to my comm where I wore the coord to.
>>
>>8721711
>>8721661
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>8719673
I've never posted anyone on my comm here, which is funny because that's what I was accused of. Everyone I know just agrees she looks like shit.
>>
>>8721720
>what is beating a dead horse
>>
>>8721709
The jelly is so thick it's becoming chunky.
>>
>>8721734
>what is being delusional
>>
File: 1436941861257.png (88KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
1436941861257.png
88KB, 310x464px
>>8721747
Yes because seeing other people using their money in a different way than you do and not getting triggered by it is very delusional. Seeing that their financial situation is not your problem is really delusional.

I give up, I'm delusional for not getting triggered by someone else's spending habits. You win, anon. You win.
>>
>>8721764
No one's getting triggered you dumb cunt, you're getting salty over nothing because you can't fucking read. I think we all agreed there was nothing wrong with how people were choosing to spend their money but that investing and savings should be taken into consideration if they wish to improve upon their life situation, dresses not being one of those investments, get a fucking clue.
>>
>>8721742
>see: bernie sanders
>just saying kek
>>
>>8721769
Diff anon, but you look pretty triggered at >>8721430 and at >>8721564 and just repeating yourself to every single anon who replies just makes you look more triggered...
>>
>>8721779
>realizing that anons are all replying to the wrong anon
>>
>>8721587
way to overreact? get a life
>>
>>8721628
>>8721644
Here is the thing about programs like EBT&SNAP:

If anon were to save their extra money, eventually they will have an excess of resources and lose their benefits. But, unless their income increases to make up the deficit, then they will be right back where they started by the time they burn through their savings on necessary stuff.

Welfare programs don't encourage savings, because it is a liability that ours your benefits at risk. Anon wouldn't be just losing the food stamps, but a whole host of other services including healthcare. Once you lose food stamps everything gets shut down. $500 may sound like an excess, but anon would lose too much that no poorfag can afford to go without--again, healthcare.

The system need an overhaul to encourage savings and long-term improvements. But, the way it is setup atl recepients lose too much if they go $10 over the line. Then they are too 'rich' to receive aid, but too poor to be self-sufficient.

Also: happiness is a necessity.
>>
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_budget_detail_fy16bs12015n_40#usgs302
ya'll gotta stop, ebt is not what is fucking this country over.
>>
File: 1447639771098.jpg (165KB, 915x952px) Image search: [Google]
1447639771098.jpg
165KB, 915x952px
There's this one friend of mine who is really cute and petite.
She has known about lolita fashion for a couple of years now.
Hell I've lent her a coord once.
But the thing that iritates me a lot is she doesn't move a finger to get into the fashion despite claiming that "Im really interested" or "I want to get into it"
In the beginning she used to claim she had no money but was about to get a job.
She has had a job for several months and NADA.
She's not even at ita phase she's at 0.
We're hosting a meet and surprisingly she signed up for it. I just wonder what is she gonna wear since she still doesnt have anything to make a coord.
>>
>>8721430
Op here
Chill the fuck out you mother fucking cunt bag

I worked my ASS off for that dress, I worked a 15 hour shift with no breaks and got overtime. I live at home, with my family. I'm only 18, I'm a full time student, with a part time job. I have great grades, volunteer at hospitals, food shelters, and animal shelters. I give back to my community, and buy food for the less fortunate whenever I see them, and donate toys to my local hospital as well.

My family gets $15 a month of stamps, not just me, we only keep them because it causes my siblings to get discounted meals at school, and helps with my financial aid. I have little to no bills of my own besides paying for the gas in my vehicle. Mind you, we pay over $800 a month in groceries, the amount we get pays for our monthly bread use.

We're surviving, not everyone on food stamps relies on them entirely. I'm sorry I don't fit your standards of being on stamps.
>>
>>8721913
Second op here and wow, that was incredibly informative anon, thank you. I agree, happiness is super important, especially under those circumstances.
>>
>>8721489
>bra
>HARD WORKING TAX PAYERS
Give me a break. Also, what >>8721913 said. My family was on benefits, and got cut off completely because I received 150 in interest from a savings account (I was under 18 at the time, and the money was saved for me by a relative). I previously already had to spend half of said savings because they only tolerated a certain amount. The system is fucked to begin with, and there is no reason to be miserable and only buy the bare necessities just because you're poor. It'll eat you alive.
>>
>>8720944
Me too. Cute lolita cuddles. Even better if we can twin.
>>
>>8720467
Agree. But I live in a warmer climate where sandals are common, so maybe I'm just used to seeing this?
>>
>>8720215
>the bitch in my comm that pushed me to this, who ruined my entire Lolita life
Why do people do this god damn. How old is she?
>>
>>8722760
She's in her twenties and I believe she's married even
>>
>>8720156
Starting shit. Anon. You troll.
>>
>>8722797
Anon do you want to talk? I am a lone lolita so there is no way I could be in your comm. I'm really curious about what happened and am happy to be an ear for you if you want to vent or some advice.
>>
>>8722901
I'm not sure, I've tried to talk to people about it, and they never believe me since She's kinda 'e-famous' I guess
>>
>>8723149
I personally don't care at all if someone is e-famous and won't judge the situation differently. If anything, from what I have seen quite a few efamous lolitas get away with doing some dodgy stuff sometimes. I don't participate in any communities online or irl, just anon sites, so I don't have anyone in my friends group who would make me biased. I understand if you don't want to trust some random anon about what happened but if it's one thing I am good at it's not squealing or spreading shit. If you do want to talk I left a throwaway. You also don't have to say who she is. I have been fucked over in the past (not related to lolita) so I stopped getting close to people, but what you wrote about getting fucked over feels really familiar which is why I wanted to reach out and offer to listen. Going through something like that is the worst especially if you have little to no support through it.
>>
>>8721489
>>8722243
You can always tell it is someone who never left the protected bubble of the middle-class that screams "the hard working tax payers."

Don't scream at the individual who wants to buy a dream dream while they are on footstamps and social programs. Scream at the politicians and capitalists that don't pay a living wage. The definition of a living wage for somewhere like the US should include the ability to do something on your paid vacation times. Necessities isn't just food, shelter, and maybe a tshirt or two. It is healthcare, education, job security—just security. These are the basic things that should belong to more than just the upper middle-class and the elite. As a taxpayer who has always been on foodstamps—I am glad the anon got herself her dress. The ability to budget and save up under such stressful conditions is a life skill and an important one. I also am happy that she found a little bit of happiness in a situation that makes others suicidal.

Anon, rock your dress. Now time to start saving up some spare pennies for the rest of its coords! Share with us someday, plz?
>>
>>8721489
You can't use foodstamps to buy shit.

The cards will literally only allow you to buy approved foods in the grocery store.

You're showing your ignorance about:

1.) What it is like to be a poorfag.
2.) How these programs work.
3.) How not to be a triggered asshole.
>>
>>8724529
Fucking this
Only food, not even necessities like fucking toilet paper, paper plates, laundry detergent, shampoo, body soap, etc.

It's called FOOD stamps for a reason
>>
>>8719013
I've never heard of someone else with my exact same height and weight. We're gonna make it bro
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.