[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commission Questions and other Con Gossip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Have some questions that need answering about a few certain things. Unsure of which threads to ask them.

1. What are the best cons I should save for next year?
2. Who is great to commission and who are the worst commissioners to watch out for?

3. I heard Texas should be avoided at all costs because the cosplay community is fucking nuts. Is this true?

4. At Colossalcon, there was talk about a fight between BlackstarLee and Artemis Moon about their relationship and that one cheated on the other. Is there any real claim to this or is it just someone poking the hornet's nest?

5. I heard the Florida community for cosplay is also off limits and should be avoided. Why?
>>
>>8714342
Although she stopped doing commissions, some girl who goes by Skye H.
>>
>>8714345
Skye Honey?
>>
>>8714342
Bumping because curiosity
>>
>>8714342
For the Florida thing, that attitude started in the early 00's because of some costume contest rigging and some crazy fallout. As for cosplay communities in general being crazy or off limits, what the fuck is a cosplay community anyway? There are idiots and weebs at every con I've been to and it sounds like a universal experience. Just be selective with your cosplay friend circle and you will be fine.
>>
>sister and i commission a guy in town for 2 costumes
>he measures us and says he can do it
>lots of costume making experience in the past
>go to joanns with him
>buy $90 of fabric and notions
>3 months later
>brings me the trucy wright cape to show me his progress
>literally a sheet of fabric with elastic at the top and white squares badly stitched on at the bottom
>panic
>a few months later his car was stolen with our costumes in the back
>he goes to jail for kidnapping

guess we're not getting those costumes
5 years later
>>
>>8714749
What the fuck. No seriously. What. The. Fuck.
>>
File: Peach22[1].jpg (163KB, 1154x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Peach22[1].jpg
163KB, 1154x1072px
I've never commissioned a cosplay before but I want to because I don't trust my skills at sewing a catsuit. How should I get started and what do you think I'd expect to pay for something along these lines?
>>
>>8719780
Depends on the commissioner but expect 200-500 dollars easy.
>>
Yes to Texas being full of drama. It probably depends which part you go to, though. Avoid Houston at all costs.
>>
>>8714342
I ordered from vanime customs. It's almost been 3 months and he hasn't started my shoes yet as far as I know. I've emailed and facebooked him. No response after a month so I decided to tag him on instagram asking him to contact me. He insists that I join his live twitch streams, but I work when he streams. I literally have no way to contact him. Anyone else order from him? How long did it take for your shoes?
>>
>>8719996
When's your deadline? He most likely has others ahead of yours. The contact me only through streams is very unprofessional.
>>
>>8714417
/thread
>>
>>8720029
He said on instagram that 2 months is usually the amount of time till he can start the orders. He does get a lot of orders, but it seems like forever and not being ableft to contact him is frusterating. He did say that anyone that ordered before Nov. 1st Will be able to get their order for christmas. It just seems like my order is not being done in order of who ordered first. I could be wrong, but I am uninformed on my order. :/
>>
>>8714342
No one gives a fuck about BlackstarLee. He was getting pissy and jealous of Artemis Moon getting all the photo shoots anyway
>>
>>8725225

Hi Susie!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.