[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The secret lives of Lolitas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 20

File: why.png (468KB, 723x410px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
468KB, 723x410px
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/564065347628/The-Secret-lives-of-Lolitas-The-Feed

this aired in Australia tonight. Opinions?
all that brolita is making me cringe... and the badly dressed...
>>
>>8711784
I watched it, it was so fucking cringeworthy. That brolita tho

>nobody knows that I'm male

I'm sure they do, judging by your ugly masculine face, and I'm pretty damn sure no one tried to have sex with you because you look like a little girl.
I'm surprised xylia-x is in this, I thought she'd be above cringey documentaries, but I guess I was wrong.
>>
>http://www.sbs.com.au/news/thefeed/gallery/secret-lives-lolitas
an article for it, so many inaccuracies holy shit
and i thought sbs would be different
>>
This wasn't that bad compared to others that make us seem crazy, but it made lolita seem like a secret recluse club.
>>
>>8711788
She herself is slowly de-railing into a cringe fest, but that's not really my business.
What bothered me most was the sheer amount of brolita, and that the only reason that dude travels to the other comm is because he was kicked from melbourne for being too creepy?
>>
File: rqwhe.png (421KB, 714x404px) Image search: [Google]
rqwhe.png
421KB, 714x404px
Hey look, Melb's residential ita.
>>
>>8711800
Don't you mean belle? This girl was decently cute. Belle wore a classic underskirt with a sweet cat print and bunny ears.
>>
I was wondering who the fuck that was.
This is what we were trying to avoid, them getting somebody cringeworthy to interview. The well put together people were to give them good examples to prevent this.
>>
>>8711802
Almost everyone in this video was ita aside from about half of the people in the melb comm, so you didn't do very well if you were involved in it.
>>
>>8711804
I wasn't. At all. This was just in talks about it, I don't know who half those people were since I'm not in their comm.
>>
>>8711784
>mfw that other brolita is cuter than his girlfriend
>>
>>8711804
Angiichan (?) is pretty cute, but it's so pathetic that they have to change in a public restroom. Also, I thought she left lolita to go into otome?
>>
>>8711807
They were decent, just needs better makeup and hair styling.
>>
>>8711806
Ok okay, you said "we" and i kind of assumed.
>>
File: 1427612707942.png (159KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427612707942.png
159KB, 446x400px
>>8711784
I didn't know "tallara" was still into lolita after he was excommunicated from the melbourne comm. All this time and he still can't coord for shit. What a trashfest.
>>
>>8711809
She was cute but i don't think she dresses up in secret, maybe just her friend does so she does it with her to make her happy or something?
>>
>>8711813
You'd think some dude driving to another state for meets even though there's a community close by would fire off alarm bells.
>>
File: 1432849992989.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1432849992989.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>8711815
yeah.

stay classy adelaide
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 667x1000px
>>8711801
>decently cute
Kek. You clearly haven't seen any of her other 'coords'.
Pic related, not to mention to her it's not lolita it's ~cosloli~
>>
>>8711794
Lol and every time he's at a convention or any meets he looks miserable. I've hung around with lolitas and have friends who are lolitas themselves butcher wear their frilly shit as a symbol of fashion not a change of identity. This doco represents shit
>>
>>8711812
Yeah I meant we in reference to the Australian community since there was a bit of chatter about it. It seems they only agreed as SBS kept asking and were determined to make something. The thought was that it would be better to put in some good lolitas, show the fashion in a positive light, but obviously it turned out as it turned out. Still better than featuring Bris' other comm.
People like Tilly or whoever the fuck seem to want to swarm to it.
>>
>>8711820
I hate to say it but I kind of like this.
Bag is weird but it's not too bad.
>>
>>8711813
Peter = tilly =Tallara = sissy
>>
>>8711820
It's off, but i don't think it's horribly Ita. If you replaced her headwear and the random flowers, it'd be a decent coord. (I'm not sure what the big horse thing is though???) I've seen a lot of her coords and while i think they're questionable, this girl is quite nice and was barely even in the video, and the coord worn in it wasn't as nearly as ita as the others so all i'm getting from you are vendetta vibes.
>>
>>8711814
Not Australian, but the video implied that those two were sisters (I didn't think they looked that much alike) and their mum didn't let them wear lolita so they would leave the house to get dressed. >>8711829
>big horse thing
It's a purse.
>>
File: you a fag.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
you a fag.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>8711828
...yeah I know...
>>
>>8711820
Wtf with the sado horse
>>
It bothered me that they concentrated mostly on fatties and brolitas, of course people who watched this will think lolita is a fashion for uglys, social weirdos and their escapism.
>>
>>8711824
>>8711829
You guys have questionable taste.
>>
oh my fucking god... who the hell let these shit bags on tv?
I'm a lone lolita annd dont know who any of these people are but i was facepalming through the whole thing. I guess im going to have to have a serious one on one with everyone who knows me now fucking hell.
>>
So sick of this "living doll" crap. Why do the people on these shows always have to be the freaks with stage names and alternate egos? Ugh.
>>
>>8711813
Why was he kicked out?
>>
>>8711840
I'm waiting for the wtf moment with my lolita friends. I know of 3 of them. 1 doesn't even come to the lolita meets no more. Unless the organiser feels pity for her lol
>>
>>8711840
Don't blame them (except for the sissy), blame the editors.
>implying all your friends and relatives watch sbs 2
>>
They made it look like we're cultists. Wtf at the "lolita house".

>>8711788
Xylia is surprisingly clueless on Tumblr she said that cross prints were new to lolita, lol.
>>
>>8711794
Is she ? She always striked me as being balanced and clever.
>>
>>8711841
Exactly. Again like I said before, lolitas I know wear their frilly shit coz it's a fashion thing, NOT to look like living dolls. Those who think so are stupid. Also that brolita, who would wanna have sex with you. Really, with that Adams apple and that masculine face... Don't kid yourself
>>
>>8711850
Yeah, from what i've observed she's been slowly ruining her rep at attempting to make her store popular. I'd rather not talk about it because i don't feel comfortable being involved, even on anon, but quite a few people are unhappy with her.
>>
>>8711840
There's all this talk of stalkers and pedophilic creeps, but I've never experienced any of this myself and am starting to think it's only a problem for ageplay-esque ott sweet, I may just be a predjudiced cunt though (sorry).
Have any of you goth/classic/toned-down sweet lolitas had this problem? I'm curious.
>>
>>8711854
Nope, only OTT sweet seems to get it.
>>
ffs, why does every "good" lolita documentary look like it's been shot to show us as survivors of abuse. we've got bears and food as prints on our dresses and we put our shit in bags shaped like forest creatures and coffins. that is some absurdly silly shit and we should embrace that and how fun that is on camera.
>>
>>8711822
The other Bris comm is dead.
>>
>people want to have sex with me cause i look like a little girl
someones in denial, probably doesnt even have friends who want to talk to him judging by the sad, untied waist-ties.
>>
File: lolita_meet-up.png (1MB, 1245x700px) Image search: [Google]
lolita_meet-up.png
1MB, 1245x700px
dang, the fuck is with the star clip on the girl on the right? it looks like its just continuously going to bash her in the eye.
>>
Lotti and xylia-x are the only decently dressed lolitas in this. Phanty needs more makeup, and Belle's theme clashes too much. Angiichan and her sister really need to lose some weight, seriously, they are stretching their burando. I guess all the well dressed lolitas are too clever to be involved in this...
>>
>>8711865
He looked so dejected and bitter when he said he has been single for the past year, kek.
>>
>>8711886
Is this the melbourne comm (or part thereof)?
>>
>>8711886
Didn't cgl agree that the Melbourne/Sydney lolitas are the best dressed along with the Russians? I'm so disappointed with the quality of coords in this video.
Also the 'lolita' house seems so bare and desolate, makes it seem like lolitas just meet up at some secluded place and snort glitter to get high.
>>
A bogan lolita just posted this on the page saying 'worth a watch'.
>send help
>>
>>8711889
Plenty of good Melb/Syd lolitas out there, most of them are not stupid enough to be involved in this shit. Although now I think that maybe if they did, they could have saved this train wreck.
>>
>>8711888
Lotti and Phanty are from Sydney. Belle and xylia-x/Kavya are from Melbourne, Angiichan is from Adelaide I think.
>>
>>8711894
Oh gosh, phanty as shrek
>>
As someone from the Melbourne comm I feel like we could have been represented a lot better, but also a lot worse, why was that sweet newbie who has only been in the comm for about a month in it so much? At least I know for sure we are better than Adelaide.
>>
>>8711895
Wat
>>
File: wtf.png (445KB, 675x368px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
445KB, 675x368px
She looks okay until you look at her tights and shoes. Seriously wtf, why can't they find someone better to represent gothic.
>>
I don't know what the Sydney comm is like, but watching this pretty much concludes my decision to stay lone and avoid joining up.
>>
>>8711898
Look at phanty. Reminds me of shrek
>>
>>8711891
Did it get deleted?
>>
>>8711899
She needs heels or platforms. Flats always look so bad in gothic.
But yeah, like >>8711897 said, it could have been a lot worse.
>>
>>8711889
>snort glitter to get high

I kek'd
>>
>>8711889
I think they meant it was one of the lolitas homes, not a meet place.
>>
>>8711889
They are the best dressed, however none of them wanted to go along, and xylia-x just wanted to promote her store
>>
>>8711904
Definitely could be a lot worse. I still wished the well dressed classic girls went, at least when it comes out a trainwreck we still got to admire their coords and pretend to be better than other comms.
>>
>>8711897
I think she was just pulled in, they seemed to be struggling to find people for it and noobs are usually easily persuadable.
>>
>>8711899
There are a few good gothic lolitas in melb comm, but none of them wanted to do it. She's the most decently dressed who would.
>>
>>8711900
Good
If you take a heavily edited clip as representative of comm you're probably a bitch anyway
>>
>>8711836
Looks like a fucking Sado Piñata.
>>
>>8711910
Using models to promote a store. Pathetic.
>>
>>8711912
Well that makes sense, at least she seems really excited about it.
>>
Yes God forbid she wants a profitable business, maybe she should follow in ODIP's footsteps
>>
>>8711920
Nobody say's she shouldn't have a profitable business, but lets face it, we all know a lolita segment on sbs probably wont help out all that much, normies don't want lolita and the lolita community doesn't want shitty videos made about it.
>>
>>8711920
Kavya shut up.
>>
>>8711784
I am glad that the Brisbane comm wasn't involved. At least the Melbourne and Sydney lolitas in this are mostly decent.
>>
>>8711854
>>8711855
It's because of the similarities between milanoo-tier attempts at sweet and sissy clothing.

I love OTT sweet, so it sucks.
>>
File: boy-computer-001.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
boy-computer-001.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
>>8711924
>>
Who would people have preferred to represent each substyle to be represented by?
I would have been happy with Ejane for classic and maybe Bonnie for sweet even though she is a bit basic.
>>
>>8711930
Cortnee for classic, ejane is a bit bland most of the time. Bonnie would have been great for sweet because she doesn't look ageplay.
>>
>>8711924
Why do vendetta-chans seem to pop up about her every so often, randomly when she is mentioned nicely too.
All the shitposting about ~copying pepfox~ (even after anons give valid reasons for any similarities), and being a backstabber then giving no evidence/ proof.
Pretty sure people requested she go on in the first place to set a good example but obviously the final cut didn't focus much on her.
>>
>>8711930
Agreed! Cortnee and Charleen would have been great for classic too. And Gwyneth for gothic.
>>
>>8711932
I'm not so active anymore, so i can't speak, but from what i gathered, people seem to be afraid of her because she has influence in the community, so people don't really like speaking out about her.
>>
>>8711918
Idiot. They meant using the media coverage to product place her store to the viewers, not the models. It's not a bad idea, just incredibly attention whorey, although she needs all the help she can get with her horrible marketing skills.
>>
Not Kavya, but someone who knows you don't have the balls to put your name behind whatever you are saying.
>>
>>8711924

Not Kavya, put your name on your post anonymous. You don't have the balls.
>>
>>8711936
Learn to quote.
>>
>>8711931
>>8711933
I would be happy with Cortnee for classic too actually. I'm not sure about Gwyneth for gothic, maybe Karen, but I feel like I also just like her style more than most.
>>
I thought everyone looked lovely, it must be hard to be put on tv for everyone to judge. Has anyone spoken to the participants?
>>
Yes at least the pathetic Brisbane comm didn't get included. They'd probably be wearing random shot from a donation shop and thongs and call it fucking Lolita
>>
>>8711940
According to the comment section on SBS's facebook post, a lot of the positive stuff the participants mentioned were edited out, leaving in a lot of the negative/creeper stuff. Because normies love controversial crap.
>>
>>8711939
>>8711930
Definitely Cortnee for classic. Ejane has nice taste but she's lazy with her coords.

Karen has a more unique style than Gwyneth but Gwyneth has the edgy gothic lolita look to her.
>>
>>8711935
Maybe her brand is not popular for a reason, apart from her horrible marketing skills.
>>
>>8711942
There is a very small handful of decent lolitas in the Bris comm, but they are usually the quieter ones and all the ones we see here are fucking boganitas.
>>
>>8711943
Heard the same thing. Not surprised
>>
>>8711930
>>8711931
I feel like sweet could have gone to a few of the younger girls, Bonnie is just the prettiest and skinniest, it seems like nearly all of our younger members are lacking a bit in the looks department, then again they may have just not learnt to style themselves flatteringly yet.
>>
>>8711946
Oi m8 don't shit on boganitas. You gotta integrate your culture into the fashion m8

Who would represent the Brisbane comm?
>>
The whole thing was slapped together last minute. Sydney comm and others were harassed for ages and it looked like SBS wouldn't have much luck. Then Adelaide caved and organized a tea party. Kavya was invited because she would at least benefit from this with a bit of promotion and looks good
>>
>>8711956
Well, whatever good may have been done was overshadowed by mountains of shit. Like Tilly should have most definitely not been in this it just doesn't make sense. He didn't dress well nor put on good make despite him saying so. He didn't have anything good to contribute apart from wanting to fuck him because he looks like a little girl or something.
>>
If it's such a problem why not take it up with the relevant comm and ask them why Tilly was suggested rather than complaining here?
>>
It was all shit
>>
>>8711944
Karen isn't very well dressed, unfortunately. I think even though Gwyneth sticks to simpler coords, she does them well and has a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>8711960
I feel like Adelaide were too nice. Afraid to tell him 'no' and be called elitist or transphobic or something. He should not have been in it.

For the record we deny SBS before.
>>
>>8711963
Holy shit are you an idiot learn to quote like >>8711938 said
>>
>>8711967
Come to think of it, who actually does gothic in the comm? i can only think of like 4.
>>
I think it was all up to who could make it. And nothing to do with who would be the best to represent each style. It could have been a lot worse desu
>>
>>8711972
Do we count the aristos? We also have people who wear it on occasion like Cat.
>>
Desu? GTFO
>>
>>8711967
>>8711952
>>8711944
I doubt any of these people mentioned would even consider participating in a documentary like this anyway, hence why they had who they had. And to be fair many lolitas in the comm didnt even hear about this being filmed. Were they personally selected by someone on the quiet?
>>
>>8711963
Because people were approached to do this. I'm not sure who instigated the whole thing but sbs got in contact with a few people and Tilly must've caught wind and contacted them.

Sadly all the intelligent people stayed the hell away from this then the fame hungry pounced and said "pick me pick me! I'll misrepresent the whole comm if you put me on TV!".
>>
>>8711974
Nah not aristo cause it's a different style. Cat also doesn't do gothic well enough to represent it, from what i've seen she doesnt have any complete gothic coords (like she'll skip socks if she doesnt have any that match, or headwear)
>>
>>8711976
You dumbass, desu is the word filter for
T
B
H
>>
>>8711784
syd comm has a couple threads about it, pretty much we said no as a whole but had a couple people say yes to try and make it less shit and more neutral and informed, but of course they edited it all out. Did anyone notice they also used the same name as deerstalkers videos?
>>
>>8711968
I don't care if this comes off as transphobic or anything I really dislike brolitas I wish they didn't exist and didn't represent anything about our community. They're so weird and the way this documentary was portrayed it focused too much on the freaks.
>>
File: phanty_lotti_nsw_lolita_brolita.png (859KB, 1245x700px) Image search: [Google]
phanty_lotti_nsw_lolita_brolita.png
859KB, 1245x700px
This is too cringey
>>
>>8711978
The journalist met some New Zealand girls in Sydney. That's how he found out about it and started approaching comms. I'm not sure how the Adelaide people were sourced but they did do a tea party with lots of people *shrug*
>>
>>8711986
I'm sure they were asked to do it for a quick shot and then sbs decided to edit it in/ emphasise it. They're really very lovely, polite and not gross/ PDA in person. Of course a close up will look awkward.
>>
>>8711987
The journalist tried to get the Syd comm to organise a mid week tea party with like 3 days notice. Sounded like he was really really keen on shooting a tea party...
>>
>>8711988
Yeah, this couple are hella cute irl and a lot more quiet.
>>
>>8711854
fun fact: none of the people interviewed have had stalkers ! the only known instances of this occuring have been milkyfawn and one girl in the brisbane comm.
>>
>>8711992
Not stalkers. But creepy people for sure. Let's be real here
>>
>>8711992
Exactly. Who would stalk those two brolitas?
>>
>>8711869
why wont any of them wear makeup? it's not that hard ! or at least fix your wig, this is why adelaide is the shittest comm
>>
Can't wait for every normie who watched the documentary to think we are all secretly abused men who wear frilly dresses as armour to hide our deep dark pasts. Was it too hard for someone to just say "I just like this style so I wear these clothes, there's nothing more behind it" ????
>>
>>8711909
xylia called it "welcome to our lolita house" that pretty much is implied :'this house is the lolita clubroom'
>>
>>8711995
To be fair, all the well dressed girls probably fled because who would want to be stuck with the shitshow that we obviously see now
>>
>>8711998
They did, it got edited out. Don't be a naive dumbass
>>
>>8711914
salty much ? Someone was obviously involved in this trashfest of tv
>>
>>8711998
they said it, they just cut it out cuz that's not ~dramatic~
>>
>>8711998
The people interviewed have said that they DID say that. The editors locked into the negative because it sells better as TV.
>>
>>8711998
How many times do we have to say they did? That's the bulk of what they said except for bloody Tilly. They just decided to edit it out to make it seem more dramatic to normies. Christ.
>>
>>8711900
only the asian brolita and gf were from sydney.
>>
>>8712006
If only they had edited out Tilly said instead. Alas
>>
>>8711999
Unfortunately it really gave the vibe of sitting around in a small house to chitchat and take photos of each other all day. Why not at least be having some food together or even a picnic to make it look like a gathering of people who interact like....actual people?
>>
>>8711990
The tea party was very last minute, most people were keen because there aren't a lot of big meets so it was a good excuse to get together. They shot a lot of footage and asked each of us a few questions (including "how do you feel about being a living doll?" which we all vehemently dismissed), but they seem to have used barely any of what they shot. I'm not sure why they bothered.
>>
>>8712007
and the expert, she's in deerstalkers videos
>>
>>8712009
Because it was last minute? Jesus you guys are picky
>>
>>8712010
Disappointing. I'm sorry to hear that happened!
>>
>>8712012
Because literally going to a house that doesn't even look like it was lived in gives a great impression on anyone
>>
>>8712002
Salt from you, maybe. How do you suggest they could have had final control over the direction of this? Sick of special snowflake lone lolitas. Just stay out, nobody cares.
>>
>>8712014
So much was edited out, we don't know what happened for the whole shoot. You can see them outside.
>>
>>8711978
Sydney comm was 'approached' first. However rumour is that phanty approached sbs about it because he wants Efame.
>>
>>8712019
Im from sydney comm, and ive never heard this. Shit stirring?
>>
>>8712020
I call shit stirring too.
>>
>>8712020
SYDLOLI > 6 October · Edited
So i've been contacted by a producer from SBS's "The Feed", and they want to do a documentary about the Sydney Lolita community ... (37 comments)
>>
>>8712019
what?? no??
Phanty originally turned down the offer. But got involved in it again after Adelaide had agreed to be in it and Tilly was gonna poorly represent brolitas.
>>
>>8712020
>>8712021
Thirding shit stirring.
>>
>>8712020
Probably. I don't think he'd do that. He'd also mentioned in the past that he wasn't a fan of reality tv/ regretted being on it ages ago. He's too smart for that. It makes sense they'd have approached him as he is a mod and a guy, which goes with the brolita angle they were so desperate for.
>>
>>8712026
Agreed and can confirm that Syd comm said no originally. God you anons can be real dicks sometimes :T
>>
>>8712008
They said they wanted to have a special focus on Tilly because they were 'following her journey' or whatever, that's why when she walked into the meet pretty much the whole focus was on her.
>>
>>8711955
Who's popular and well dressed? Who'd represent sweet, classic and gothic?
>>
As for tilly/peter you guys agree that he's only on the video for the exams. Why else would sbs2 have him talk the most
>>
>it's a lifestyle
Dropped
>>
>>8712033
Efame
God damn autocorrect
>>
>>8712032
Victoria? Kirsten?
>>
>>8712037
post pictures, I don't know the brisbane comm.
>>
?
>>
>>8712037
What about gothic?
>>
So is there any document where they film cis girls getting high in lolita and telling they just like dressing like this but don't really care about lifestyle or living doll shit
>>
>>8712042
Too boring. Not enough drama. Can't twist it into something sexy. Pass.
>>
>>8711844
for stalking the girls, smelling like shit and being generally shady/scammy and disgusting
>>
Aus comm to SBS: "don't use living doll it's wrong and refers to a different subculture"
SBS: "next up LIVING DOLLS"
>>
File: v.jpg (80KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
80KB, 640x960px
>>8712037
Pic related is Victoria. Kirsten's tumblr: http://seppukutie.tumblr.com/
>>
>>8712038
>>8712049
Linked the wrong anon
>>
I don't like how they chose to focus on the "brolita" and "weird guys wanting to have sex with us because we look like little girls!" aspects, but I guess that's unsurpising.

I also can't get over that girl in Vanilla-chan with the frilly underskirt and bunny ears, why?
>>
>>8712049
holy crap, watta cutie.
>>
>>8712049
Oh scottishdancer-chan! Hers was the only good fashion walk coord. Cute cute!
>>
File: 1382579239386.gif (383KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1382579239386.gif
383KB, 500x281px
>>8711932
okay so you obviously don't remember when she said outright to the pepfox girls "I only STOCKED your items so i could gain your customer base"
>>
>>8711972
Karen, Gwyn and Julianne... Victor and Jorge I guess :V I would lump EGA in with EGL
>>
>>8712037
I'd agree for classic and sweet. Not sure about goth.
>>
>>8712059
When the fuck did she say that?
>>
>>8712059
Nope, never heard of it. Not in the comm and that was never brought up here, or with evidence. Do enlighten me though, if you can back it up.
>>
>>8712059
Did she say this online or in public? I was under the impression only a small group of people close to the Pepfox girls knew this information.
>>
>>8712041
>>8712063
Are there even any good gothic lolitas in the Brisbane comm?
>>
>>8712070
That's my impression too, based on what I heard.
>>
non-Aussie here, i feel so bad for you guys
>>
>>8711944
Only Cortnee if she wears a wig, otherwise she's a huge ita
>>
>>8712047
I've never heard of him stalking anyone, I just thought he was kicked for trying to start drama about people constantly, especially the then mods (Jorge, for example). Who did he stalk? I'm keen to hear more about this.
>>
>>8711892
That is exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. If the "good" Lolitas actually participated in these shows, they would be able to show "the world" the non cringy side of Lolita. And if the directors/producers try to twist their words for their own agenda, I have a feeling that they would be more likely to have something done about it.
>>
>>8712040

HAHAHAHAHA 10/10 I have to go back and watch this whole show now thanks
>>
>>8711820
What is that horse even from? It's so weird I gotta know.
>>
Non-aussie here, but that Tilly guy is ugly af. Why was he so focused on instead of the better dressed girls? At least learn how to do makeup properly. I was confused when they referred to him with female pronouns while still calling him a brolita. If you are a transwoman (which I doubt), you are not a brolita.

I thought Angiichan/Kaiirichan were cute in this video. I like their coordinating styles.

I'm so tired of these "journalists" not doing their damn research by calling us living dolls.
>>
>>8712148
It's not necessarily the journalists, it's also producers and head editors of the publications making these calls. And in this case it deliberately went against what every person interviewed said
>>
>>8712168
> it deliberately went against what every person interviewed said
This. They left in a lot of the girls saying 'we don't like being called living dolls' yet the term was still frequently used to describe them. They even ended the show with the song 'Barbie Girl' and extra footage of the lolitas.
>>
holy shit are people still not smart enough to realize that lolita is always going to be a gawkfest? no one is ever going to interview them and not make it cringy as fuck, especially for tv. sensationalist shit is the norm now.
>>
>>8712189
We had a lot of faith in this journalist, who really enjoyed the work and spent 4 days traveling the country. In this case we can blame the editors and producers.
Basically I think this can the be the best we can ask for in terms of TV coverage. Which is depressing, but the truth. You are quite right
>>
>>8712189
I don't know, the videos about lolita by Style Out There and Weird Threads were pretty good... though I'll admit I don't know if those were shown on TV or if they're just web shows.
>>
>>8711837
It's not?
>>
>>8711854
I wear very toned down non-print oldschoolish sweet and do get creepy "hey little girl wanna lick my lollipop" type comments from time to time. In my experience it's mostly the peter pan collars, high socks and Mary Jane shoes that give people this idea rather than OTT stuff, although I guess those stuffed animal purses wouldn't help. Fortunately I've never had anything worse than gross comments, though.
>>
>>8712189
Yeah, I actually felt as far as lolita-docs go this wasn't THAT cringey or inaccurate. Not every lolita thinks about things the same way, so it's impossible to make an all-encompassing cultural ethnography on it or something, so ANY kind of documentary or whatever is going to have people going "That's wrong! That's not what I do and I'm a lolita (or whatever culture is being represented in a doc)"

There was some ita, and some cringe, but isn't that actually pretty accurate for most lolita comms? I know it is in my experience... Any doc on any comm is going to have those types of characters. Honestly, what exactly would a "good" and "accurate" documentary-style representation of lolita be? I've seen ones that resonated with me better than this (made by lolitas, that's probably the key), and I've seen ones worse (TLC anyone?) This wasn't that bad.
>>
>>8712295
I like you, you sound sensible
>>
It bothered me that they went ahead with this anyway. We told some of these people we should have absolutely no involvement in this. One girl claimed the presenter was an asshole to her boyfriend, and many felt very uncomfortable with the idea of their comm being so overly exposed. I'm disappointed that they caved. They're nice people but they didn't sound 10/10 confident in this. So if a shit storm in the aussie lolita comm happens, they have themselves to blame.
>>
>>8712071
Alesha.
There are a couple others who are fairly good they just don't post to COF.
>>
>>8712295
I think people want an idealization. Attractive, sensible people who just happen to wear frilly dresses and do cute and elegant things together that are totally not weird, or creepy or infantile or autistic. Nothing different from the norm except good looks and the fashion. Which is not what it's like unfortunately.
>>
>>8712411
>There is something wrong with a male dressed up in frills and some woman decides to take pity to go out with him.
>pity to go out with him
>pity
Find me a man that will let me dress him in girl's clothes that's my fetish
>>
>>8712411
I know 3 bro-itas and they are drowning in frilly pussy

maybe youre just too ridged in mindset to see some woman like men who share overlapping interests. Their exs admit, half the fun of dating them is dressing them up like a doll and fixing all their ita-isms
>>
File: 1444425030979.gif (765KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444425030979.gif
765KB, 500x281px
>>8712415
Alesha or Alexis for gothic
Kristen or Hannah for sweet
Victoria for classic

I know there's other classic bris girls who dress great but they don't post on CoF or attend meets regularly.
>>
>>8712431
Janice for classic. Olivia for sweet.
Alexis doesn't post or make it to events.
>>
File: 1343870690847.jpg (2MB, 3600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1343870690847.jpg
2MB, 3600x3600px
>>8712429
>frilly pussy

This is the first time I've heard this. I do not want frill dick.
>>
>>8711784

Who the fuck was the lolita who dated Peter?
>>
>opens tab

"Often described as 'Living Dolls', LOLITA is a Japanese subculture now growing in Australia"

>closes tab
>>
I'm really disappointed.
That is all.
>>
>>8712411
Nah, I wish I had a bf who's confident enough in his sexuality to wear women's clothes. It's a bit of a fetish thing, admittedly, but dating someone who likes lolita as much as I do would be pretty nice.

They'd have to be attractive and interested in women though, which rules the majority out.
>>
>>8711998
They hardly used any footage, they picked out all the 'weird' bits and didn't use anyone who just wears the fashion because it's pretty and they like it.
>>
>>8712295
>Honestly, what exactly would a "good" and "accurate" documentary-style representation of lolita be?

One that doesn't to this >>8711841
>>
>>8712669
Weird Threads documentary on lolita wasn't bad.
>>
>>8712669
The question to ask is 'who would watch a documentary about small groups of regular girls here and there who just happen to follow an obscure fashion trend and have meets?'

It's not in any way newsworthy to most average people. Of course the media will search for the weird, the odd, the unusual angle in it. That's at least somewhat newsworthy. But why does there need to be any documentaries about it at all if we are really just doing it privately among ourselves for our own enjoyment?

I'd rather the media focus on fashion shows, brands, large public events no such if we must have any media coverage.

Why all the public outreach anyway? I'd rather it stay a bit more private and just to ourselves.
>>
I only watched 50 seconds and I already cringed so hard at the "secret society" and "living a double life" and changing in a freaking public bathroom! I'm pretty sure her mom knows what the fuck is in her wardrobe and shit she is getting in the mail. It's not a freaking secret club ugh.
>>
>>8712200
>Weird Threads
That was the best one desu, the host not only seemed respectful but looked great in Ouji too
>>
>>8712710
I wish there were more of those desu, it's rare you find a fashion show that actually goes into the idea behind the fashion instead of playing dress-up.
>>
>>8711820
I kind of need that purse in my life. Not for lolita, just to carry. It's so gloriously hideous.
>>
>>8711854
Classic here, all we tend to get is Are you in a play? Are you a librarian? Is something going on at the library?

Also fawning from older ladies who want to touch our lace.
>>
>>8712803
Fellow classicfag here. I love it when old people fawn over my clothes because it reminds them of back in the days.

>>8712718
Hence the reason why only efame-hungry girls and brolitas got involved. Everyone else was too sensible.
>>
>>8712431
I'm not from Brisbane do you have photos?
>>
>>8712669
deerstalkers
>>
>>8712815
second, my comm was involved and only the efame hungry got involved. everyone was against it except for them
>>
>>8712760
This. How are people supposed to treat us as normal human beings and not speshul snowflake-chans if the media keeps portraying lolita fashion as a secret/ exclusive club and is a interest/ hobby that has to be hidden.
>>
File: char_70313.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_70313.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>8712818
>deerstalker
>good
>>
File: naginoasukara.png (20KB, 254x142px) Image search: [Google]
naginoasukara.png
20KB, 254x142px
>>8711800
I know she was trying to channel this character but other the bracelet? on her head, this is a nitpick.
>>
>>8712868
Oh man that's even worse, she's truly treating this like a cosplay.
She is a total eyesore and unbearable to be around, I wish she'd just leave.
>>
>>8712815
>>8712822
Pity the rest weren't as smart. The media is never going to do Lolita any favors, we've always end up mis-represented so far. People should really learn to stop feeding that.
>>
>>8712803
Don't forget
>why are you so dressed up, anon?
>>
>>8712868
I just, why the fuck does she have a bracelet on her head.
>>
Meg Russell doesn't do the fashion any favors in her remarks here, she just makes it seem more creepy and secretive. Is she active in a comm?
>>
>>8712803
>tfw I know a librarian lolita who collects book prints and is cute as shit
>>
cue influx of clueless fame hungry future itas
>>
>>8713037
The phd lady? I heard she was an ita someone pls confirm
>>
>>8713084
Yes, that's the one. I personally think she does look ita and I also think it's creepy that she calls herself 'Dr. Babycuddles'
>>
>>8711829
I think its less vendetta if you know her as a cosplayer. Her co-ords are a little tryhard but shes literally avoided by everyone in the cosplay community.
>>
>>8713088
She's not really involved in lolitas as much as she is Harajuku Fashion overall.
>>
>>8713120
She's certainly had enough to say about it though, yeah? Sometimes misleading or just very opinionated stuff too.
>>
>>8712923
Unless you're the group who accepts the inept, no one wants her around
>>
>>8713128
>>8713037
For this docco in particular, I know meg spoke and gave hours of content on the history of the fashion, etc. and the remarks that made the final cut would have been taken out of context/ only said in an offhanded way.
>>
>>8713037
Meg Russell is right here, bemusedly reading your comments. What does it matter if you think I'm an ita? I like my rainbow hair. My participants in Harajuku like my hair. I'm well aware I don't fit the mould for your rather narrow interpretation of the fashion which is why I appeared in a different outfit. In any case yes I gave them a ridiculous amount of content and this is what they chose to use, we didn't get to pick what made the final cut. Have some common sense, hey? Of course I have a lot to say I'm studying a PhD on the topic. I tried to help *shrug*. Happy to answer any questions you guys have about how the doco was put together if you'd like to ask me rather than grumble
Ps babycuddles is a mlp name I had before the brony ordeal I'll probably change it
>>
>>8713169
That's probably pretty accurate since others are complaining that they edited the shit out of everything else too. The whole program is just a mess. Makes me feel like everyone should do their own 'secret life of lolita' video showing normal stuff and at the end saying 'guess what, there's no secret, that's the secret'.
>>
>>8713180
What self respecting university will give out a phd for ~lolita fashun~?
Why did you think that being involved in this doco is a good idea? Being a self proclaimed lolita expert, you must've known about all the terrible documentaries made about this fashion, but you're so efame hungry that you're willing to participate to add into that pile of shit.
Also, your hair isn't the problem, it's your absolutely shit taste in the fashion.
>>
>>8713184
That's what happens in journalistic work unfortunately. Someone above made a very good comment about what is newsworthy. I think the secret part was oversold but I'm not surprised that's the impression they got given we were so defensive and guarded in originally telling sbs no. I did actually try to push the classic, artisto aspect because that's what usually doesn't make the media reportage but it just wasn't interesting enough for a wide audience I guess
>>
>>8713180
>*shrug*
can u not
When someone starts bitching about the mould, you know they're full of shit. No wonder you're an ita.
>>
File: image.jpg (436KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
436KB, 960x1280px
>>8712049
Here's Kirsten. I don't have a link to Victoria's Tumblr though
>>
>>8713193
Hahaha! Wow ok. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm not claiming to be the best Lolita in the universe at all. I'm just saying you guys really need to chill out
>>
>>8713198
>you guys really need to chill out
Idunno, I mean I'm not the one who is doing damage control, so maybe you should take your own advice and "chill out".
>>
>>8713209
just let it go, mate
>>
>>8713196
Her face and her coordinates are adorable but the makeup in this one is a bit dark for sweet desu
>>
>>8713180
I'm wondering why you participated, knowing what previous media people have presented, why you thought it was a good idea at all?
>>
>>8713189
p. sure she goes to a top 50 (worldwide) uni so lol
who cares if people don't dress perfectly
>>
I'll answer the questions specifically related to the doco and then head off. Basically I was contacted very late into the game. I usually say no to interviews, particularly since our comm had said no to SBS. After hearing that another comm agreed to the doco, I decided to make an exception because it can help if an expert appears to support the participants. I wanted to help keep things neutral. The comments they used are obviously framed in a different way to how the original interview played out. The feedback I've mostly received that it did help a bit. I'm sorry you guys feel otherwise.
I don't really care about efame, we've all seen what happens to efamous people.
Anyway have a nice night guys, if anyone wants to talk to me about what happened you can come comment on the SBS2 Facebook post
>>
>>8713220
>implying top 50 means anything if you're doing an Arts degree

Have fun serving people as a topless lolita maido in a fetish cafe.
>>
>>8713220
Except she is not even nit-pick, she is ita, and refuse to take concrit/revise her taste because she thinks she is above the opinion of everyone else because she is a ~phD Scholar~. Of course she'd be shitted on. If you want to be respected in a fashion community, being well-dressed is kind of a requirement.
>>
>>8713217
probably so it would be less shit than it would have been without her input
>>
>>8713223
>implying university rankings are not a circlejerk of which unis bribe most
Who is that shill, let Meg defend herself.
>>
>>8713230
>implying it isn't the bottom of the barrel already
please.
>>
>>8713220
>who cares if people don't dress perfectly
Have you looked at what board you are on right now? So is Meg desperate enough to get her normfag friends to defend her now? kek
>>
File: Photo_2015-11-12_05-47-47_PM.png (846KB, 1089x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2015-11-12_05-47-47_PM.png
846KB, 1089x1936px
Hahahaha
>>
>>8713237
So...I'm guessing she's not super-popular or well-known down there despite her 'vast knowledge of the fashion'? Unless she lives part-time in Tokyo, who exactly is she studying then if not you guys there in Australia? Seeing that she refers to herself as an expert and all...
>>
>>8713247
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>8713247
I call bait desu
>>
>>8713255
She works with the models and designers in Harajuku. Like Midori, Misako, Baby and Kurebayashi Etc
>>
>>8713263
She looks like that, and yet works with them? Has she no shame?
>>
>>8713263
Proof? Do they not feel repulsed in her presence?
>>
>>8713268
I smell jelly
>>
>>8713271
I smell shill. Get out.
>>
>>8713263
So she lives and works part time in Tokyo? As a grad-student researcher, I find it a little hard to believe those designers and models would have any use for her skills or time for her...of the names mentioned, only Misako is any sort of cultural ambassador, right? And none of them speak English. I'm asking because I don't know, just guessing.
>>
>>8713274
Well they must of agreed to be interviewed. Midori and Kurebayashi even blogged about it. You'd have to ask her how she went about it, I'm not sure. She seems friendly enough.
>>
>>8713277
"Works with" is different to interviewing. Stop trying to make her sound better or more important than she actually is. She's some ita as fuck bogan nobody, and I feel disgusted to have her to be presented as a knowledgeable figure from a fashion community when she dresses and look like shit.
>>
>>8713277
Ah, ok...being interviewed isn't the same as working with, I must have misunderstood. I'll do some more research of my own, I'm just curious about what she studies and how she goes about it I n any practical, hands-on way while neither living in Tokyo nor speaking Japanese. At a bit of a remove. Seems a bit weird also that she's not more popular in the subculture there in Australia, that's all. An interesting character.
>>
>>8713222
Why do people on there keep awkwardly phrasing "people want to have sex with me because I look like a little girl" was it a loaded question the producer kept asking? It seems really odd.
>>
>>8713281
Lol, I had to look up 'bogan' but that does explain why she is a bit hard to understand when she speaks.
>>
>>8713284
Apparently, they pushed that and the isolation/separation from normal society a lot. Everyone I've spoken to tried to stay away from either subject, but they always manage to get little snippets that they can edit out of context to fit their desired programming niche.
>>
>>8713284
The way they looked uncomfortable when mentioning it, I assumed it was led by the interviewer. The way they act when talking about it does seem to be a reaction rather than the way someone acts when they are spontaneously volunteering information, judging by the eye movement, body language and general feeling of unease with the topic.
>>
>>8713294
>>8713295
That's so prederatory and creepy. Is it that impossible to just a fashion snippet without making it seem like some nasty pedobaiting fetish?
>>
>>8711784
desu this documentary made the lolita community look more inclusive, compared to that american show where a guy dresses as Ouji and pretends to be seated in the un-popular table.
>>
>>8713300
It is creepy and it's a lot like fishing. When I know I'm looking at a heavily edited piece, I listen to tone a lot, watch for places where beginnings and ends of sentences may have been edited out or pieced together in a different way, places where stray remarks seem out of place. This piece is very full of that kind of thing. The intro with showing unusual clothing (to non-Lolita audience) and laying out wigs almost sets the stage for a 'people in disguise or undercover' feeling as well. Showing so many shots from behind or with participants not facing the camera gives the feel that the audience is being allowed to peep into some kind of private thing. Ditto with the voiced-over 'getting dressed' shots. It's just skeezy journalism tricks.
>>
I thought the short video was really endearing. As someone outside of the lolita community, this really makes me want to join regardless of the salty fucks in this thread.
>>
>>8713313
>"people have wanted to have sex with me because I look like a little girl"

Made me want to quit lolita
>>
>>8712718
people always ask me where I get my "old-styled" clothing. People are curious about design alone.

There is no need to get unusual-cringe-fest, that's sensationalist TV mentality.
>>
>>8712760
Exactly.

All these lolitas wearing target in normal days and wearing Lolita as a single-day costume.
where is the daily-Lolita?
>>
>>8713315
I ignored that part a lot. I focused more on the whole hanging out with people who have similar interests because, frankly, as a girl I get comments that I don't like anyways. Comments like that really wouldn't trigger me.
>>
>>8713319
honestly i think i get positive comments in lolita and sexual/inappropriate comments when i'm in my boring normie clothes. i've never had anything gross said to me in lolita.
>>
>>8711986
I can see their poreeeees
>>
>>8712431
is that anime-jesus?
>>
>>8713313
Then you are in for a disappointment because outside of the people greeting each other and looking at the photo reel together, I did not recognize anything familiar to me as a long-time Lolita who meets with a couple of comms on the regular. This film isn't at all what it's actually like to most of us, what you saw there is not what being a Lolita is about to most of us...that's the point many are trying to make here in the thread and why we aren't too happy about what the film tries to present. Not real, not us.
>>
>>8713300
Someone says "I don't act differently when I wear Lolita", and a brolita says "It is a way to show who I really am", as if they were answering loaded questions as well...

>never participate in TV shows
>>
>>8713281
Jesus you're mad
>>
>>8713317
I agree that there is plenty in Lolita to make an interesting documentary about without any schlock journalism but while there may be mild interest, think history channel show on Victorian manners or a PBS nature special level of interest...to not going to get anyone not already mildly interested in the topic to tune in like a 'what are these weird people doing, let's find out' show does. It's u to the people volunteering to be able to tell the difference and refrain from talking to the latter type of journalist. But there are context clues as to what kind of show it's going to be...who are the producers, what is the network, what type of pieces do they do usually, etc... which was why I was pretty surprised to see an academic of any level chime in unless they were compensated or cited for some other gain.
>>
>>8713337
Well we don't know what was pitched to them, and the Feed/SBS is known to do good pieces on alternative cultures. Going off what has been said it sounds like they didn't expect this cut.
>>
>>8713329
So.. Getting dressed together, shopping together, eating a nice meal together when you have a gathering, isn't what happens? I know you don't gather all the time and that most lolitas so roam around by themselves, but when you have a meeting you don't enjoy the time together?
>>
>>8713337
The thing is SBS is generally seen as a 'decent' or 'reputable' channel here. At least compared to 7, 8, 10, or American channels. A bit like one of those offshoot BBC channels. 'The Feed' is also very left wing, which you would think would lend itself more to a better representation of subcultures. Obviously its still a current affairs program though, which is why Sydney said no initially.
>>
>>8713345
And that's a shame, I'm sorry it turned out the way it did and that the producers took the skeezy road. If they have shown other types of things in a better and more balanced light, they could have done the same with this topic too. I wonder why they didn't?
>>
It seems like The Feed wanted to piss us off. It was made very clear to them we weren't living dolls, and it didn't really add anything to it since the 'living doll'/ my stange addiction show isn't really a big thing here. They knew what they were doing and knew it would annoy us. Apparently the lolitas said repeatedly said they are not living dolls and made a point of it. Yet they still did this.
>>
>>8713353
My guess is that the editor wasn't involved in the ground work like the journalist was, the producers were callous and wanted good TV. They aren't sensitive to how we see ourselves and overlooked all the good content they had recorded
>>
>>8713346
We rarely get dressed together unless rooming together at an event, rarer still to film ourselves doing so and if you want an idea of how it feels to spend a day with friends in Lolita to me, watch Melbourne Tales by Deerstalker. That's closest to my experience and feelings personally. When watching this SBS video I kept frowning and thinking no...no...that's not right...
>>
>>8713354
Plus putting that barbie song at the end too? Really? Fuck sbs2. That editor needs to tarred, quartered and fucking hanged.
>>
>>8713360
And the presenter practically laughing at us
>>
>>8713326
It's from Saint Oniisan. Jesus and Buddha rent an apartment in Japan.
>>
>>8713360
>>8713362
Have you guys sounded off like this to the station manager or producer of the show? Someone needs to tell them, though with less violence, cussing and more specifics. It seems odd they would force the doll issue when so many of you were up front about feeling quite the opposite. It also felt a bit weird the way they jumped back and forth between trying to define Lolita and describe sub styles, meetups etc and then bouncing over to people's personal stories.
>>
lol gross. Only reaffirms that people here and on that documentary are manbabies.
>>
>>8713346
Honestly, I do often eat together or shop together with other lolitas. But we're usually dressed by the time we meet up; we don't really get dressed together. Most of us don't have to keep our lolita life such a big secret, lol.

My biggest problem with the documentary is that it focused so much on the negatives. Most of us don't have creepy stalkers and aren't exiled from society. People think we're weird, but whatever. No big deal. I feel like they played up that angle way too much.
>>
>>8713437
Why don't we write a list of concerns referring to specific examples like this and send it to SBS or circulate as an open letter?
>>
>>8713377
They had long hour discussions with all the lolitas there, meg talked to them for hours on end and so did phanty and lottie, regarding harajuku culture and the fashion itself. And they put none of that into the show. They wanted views and they sure as hell got them.

>though with less violence, cussing and more specifics
Cussing's part of the aussie charm unfortunately
>>
And yet you have pw/tilly going all out with the fetishes and sexual comments from passer-bys. And that he goes to Adelaide to attend meets there. Cmon only an idiot will believe that shit
>>
>>8713486
You that same anon that can't quote for shit and doesn't know what word filters are? gtfo, is this your first time on cgl?
>>
>>8711784
>all that brolita

*muffled sounds of English pride*
>>
>>8713491
Why the fuck do I need to quote. Go kiss my ass :)
>>
>>8713491
Not samefag but who the fuck made you boss?
>>
>>8713517
>what is board culture
>>
Can't watch the clip, is there a mirror somewhere?
>>
>>8713520
>why care what others do
>>
>>8713525
If you search "sbs the feed" on youtube, it should be on their channel too!
>>
>>8713526
If newfags don't know how to lurk, it's best if they go back to tumblr desu senpai
>>
>>8711854

I have never faced anything like that. I wear mature gothic lolita with vintage vibes.
>>
>>8713247
please be bait
>>
>>8713646
Again who died and made you boss.
>>
>>8713461
Did they get a lot of response and views though? At the site there were no comments and though Meg referred anybody's further comments to the channel's FB page, was there even much of a stir about this in the public outside the Lolita community being kind of disgusted with the way they made the show? I doubt it even got much air time or discussion on the Internet at large. I'm not Australian and had never heard of SBS at all.

I thought the focus on narrow focus topics like brolitas and secrecy was a bit ridiculous and definitely cherry-picking the subject for something more controversial than what the norm of Lolita culture is. Most comms do not have even one brolita and I've yet to meet a girl who has to hide her frills and dress away from home. But I suppose well-adjusted girls dressing fashionably as a pleasant hobby and attending events and tea is not going to pull the views like some 'zomg seekret lyfestyle' twaddle will.
I wonder what Japanese Lolitas think of shows like these if they see them. It's more than a little embarrassing.
>>
>>8711815
That's one of the first things I thought of too. I travel to meets but in addition to my local comm because they don't do much, not because I don't like them or because I'm not welcome. It's a warning flag for sure if someone doesn't get on with their local comm at least enough to do social meets with them.
I found the whole video awkward and the Lolitas shown are acting very oddly and (thankfully) not at all like most of the Lolitas I know.
>>
>>8713247
No point responding to someone who's obviously misunderstanding things on purpose and trying to pick a fight.
>>
Why does "Tilly" smell so bad? I wonder if he has a diaper fetish and doesn't clean himself.
>>
I dont even lolita...hell im a dude, i occasionally visit /cgl/ to lurk in room threads or snag sweet refrence material.

as soon as i saw this i was like "i bet this ends up on /cgl", i know fuck all about the community but the people they interviewed made it look creepy as fuck...those brolita who had to drive to another fucking state to attend a meetup, that chick whos boyfriend dresses up and she dresses him up to work out some sort of underlying mental issues...did not paint you guys in a good light.

And it was SBS as well, i expected more, but then again the feed is very quickly becoming "how many buzzwords can we cram into this report", nxtlvl clickbait.
>>
>>8717070
The reason Tilly has to drive to another state to attend meetups is because he was kicked out of his local comm for being a bitch and trying to create drama amongst long-standing members.
>>
>>8718355
I figured it was some shit like that, you know how sometimes you can just tell people are shitcunts by the words that come out of their mouth, i try to give people the benefit of the doubt but something about "tilly" was just off.

I think the most frustrating thing about the report was it confirmed my long standing suspicion that the feed has gone to shit as a reputable news source, which sucks cos it was a fun ride for a while there.

And you guys seem cool, you just dress different some times, everyone has their hobbies. i dont know why they tried so hard to paint you as a bunch social outcasts, wanna be "living dolls" and crosdressers.
>>
>>8718509
>i dont know why they tried so hard to paint you as a bunch social outcasts
Better TV than the truth.

Even the couple that dresses up together were edited to sound creepy, when they're actually really nice and organise heaps of really nice meets for the comm. They did last year's spring high tea, and are doing a high tea at the end of this month.

I mean, hell. Phanty was voted in by a huge margin as a comm mod sometime earlier this year or late last I think?

Regardless, the show was edited in a way that you can tell they changed phrasing on a lot of comments. Especially on the voice overs. There are weird pauses where it sounds like words or whole phrases were chopped out to change what was said.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.