[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 29

File: original.png (197KB, 580x260px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
197KB, 580x260px
Old Thread >>8703648

Some Lolita-Related Threads
Comm Thread >>8702389
CoF Thread >>8708170
Coord Help >>8689365
Dream Dress Thread >>8694705
Stupid Lolita Questions >>8686235
Old-School Lolita >>8688812
International Lolita Day >>8699332
Indie Thread >>8671548
Price Check Thread >>8683617
Worn Thread >>8690934

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

Do you still use animal novelty bags? Usakumya is mildly popular, and Meta released a leopard and squirrel bag this year. AP released those bat bags for HG/HL. Do you miss them? Never liked them?
>>
The only animal bag I've ever liked is Dolly Cat, which I have coming in the mail to me. I've never been partial to teddy bears on bunny rabbits.
>>
File: usakumya.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
usakumya.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>8709055
I own two Usakumya bags, a mini mini black x blue and this Ivory version of Usakumya. I love the early Usakumyas. I've used mine occasionally but would like to use them more, they do look nice in a room though.
>>
>>8709055
I never have, the ones like pic related are just ugly. If baby or AP would release a cute, cartoony animal bag, not one that looked like a possessed stuffed animal, I'd buy it
>>
I got the AP bat bag, which I guess is technically an animal novelty bag. With the comeback of old school, I feel like I've seen Usakumyas used a lot more in coords. I bought an older Baby dress recently, and I've never wanted an Usakumya before, but I now have a mighty need to get one and have it twin with me.
>>
>>8709055
OP's pic related. I've never owned one of Baby's rucksacks, but I've had one of the pochettes before and even though it's adorable, there's literally like no room in those things.

Idk. I like them but they're also kind of pointless. As far as animal novelty bags in general go, I like them if they go w/ the theme, but if it's just thrown in there it's not great.
>>
>>8709055
Usakumya is one of my favorite things. I haven't worn any of my bags with Lolita. I just like to collect them. I'm looking for some of the newer anniversary releases, but they can be wildly expensive.
>>
>>8709055
I find usakumyas cute and a bit creepy at the same time. In a good way. I've been tempted to get one for a while now but I keep holding back because it'd match a very small percentage of my coords so I can't really justify it. Maybe one day...
>>
File: Don't feed the usakumyas.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Don't feed the usakumyas.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
>>8709100
Pic related
>>
Carrying on from the old thread about the 10 day wait for seller to post package - I've messaged her on LM, I'll wait for a reply.

If she doesn't ship it tomorrow then I'll file a PayPal claim

It was my dream dress - Antique Book JSK and I just want it...
>>
File: 20151108_145728(0)[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151108_145728(0)[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>8709100
I bought a really big bunny rucksack on ebay a few weeks ago, I just wore it for the first time yesterday. I really like it, it's cute and a really nice addition to coord if it matches properly! I'm probably going to wear it with fairy kei and decora, as well as everyday wear. Pic related, a snap of yesterday's coord with the bag!
>>
>>8709108
This pic is one of the reasons I'm tempted to get one, to be honest. It's terrifying and I love it.
>>
>>8709055
I have Meta's squirrel bag it's useless but i love it no regrets
>>
>>8709055
I think usakumya looks creepy, is it just me?
I'm not that into plushie purses, they can be cute but they're useless. I prefer animal shaped purses made out of faux leather and I have quite a few.
>>
>>8709109
>I'll file a PayPal claim
Chill.. Ask for a refund first.
>>
>>8709150
Ah okay - I shall ask that first. Thank you

This hasn't happened to me before so I don't know how to react in this situation - bviously I have over reacted!
>>
>>8709109
Did you buy it from sweetstar?
>>
>>8709160
I did not, no
>>
>>8709109
look, to be honest, 10 days isn't that long for someone who works full time, especially if their post office is closed on sundays (like USPS can be). reminder her of the shipping first, wait for her response, and THEN maybe ask for a partial refund (for the full amount of shipping) if she still takes her sweet time after a few days. also, be sure to check her terms of service and see if there's anything stated about shipping times. some people can only get to the post office once a week and if they work full time, some might need a little longer. in the meantime, maybe at least ask for a partial refund for the difference between next day shipping and regular shipping, and maybe that will kick her into gear. you can always leave neutral or negative feedback if she simply takes way too long (or if she eventually ships, leave low star ratings for shipping time.)
>>
File: fred.jpg (24KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
24KB, 225x300px
I have a Kumakumiya and one of IW's Frederick pochettes.
Honestly I can fit more in Frederick despite him being half Kuma's size.
>>
>>8709162
I would have laugh if you did because she basically ruined my experience with a dream dress.

Yea, you're overreacting especially since PayPal gives the sellers three months to ship. Have you checked your sent messages? I would wait until Thursday or Wednesday and sent another message. After the weekend, go on FB and ask
>>
>>8709196
Usakumya's back vagina doesn't fit jack shit. Part of it comes from the fact that it's so stuffed, I think.
>>
I just had someone with no feedback win one of my auctions on LM. They have no links to other feedback on their profile either.
I didn't realize that was even allowed?
>>
File: DSC_0339.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0339.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
How do I fix this, /cgl/?
It's the tulle layer in the lining. I tried steaming it, with little success.
>>
>>8709199
Oh no what happened with your dream dress? I'm curious for a horror story
>>
>>8709220
are you an idiot? of course it's allowed, how do you think people first start lolita?
that said, ask if they maybe have like ebay feedback or something, even if they didn't link it. if they don't, it's up to you weather you want to sell or not, but remember just because someone doesn't have feedback it doesn't mean they're automatically sketchy. they just may be new to buying things online.
>>
>>8709220
Just make sure to use tracking or have them send the money as a gift payment. If you have good feedback yourself it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>8709185
Okay thank you - post offices are all open here everyday so I don't really hold that as an excuse

Her terms said upto 5 days

She responded to my message that she sent it first class on Friday - I guess I just have to wait now
>>
>>8709055
shamelessly collected too many novelty animal bags over the years.. mostly baby. I own an usakumya and kumya in each size / color, plus a few special edition ones. I've never enjoyed them as bags, but I like to display them at home usually and sometimes I bring them out as an accessory.

my favorite bag of all time is probably the milk-chan bunny bags though, i've owned a whopping 7 of them over the years!

>tfw people call them creepy ;-;
>tfw demon bunnybear army to ward off itas
>>
>>8709220
How are you supposed to have feedback if you've never bought anything?
Just message them and see if they seem fishy.
>>
>>8709243
First I asked her if I can do a payment plan, she said no. That's okay so I paid almost immediately after I won the auction. She tacked pp fees on the final price so I told her that since LM just started enforcing the rule, I don't mind it paying as a gift (yes, I am dumb for doing that)

That cunt took a month and a half to ship out my dress, completely ignored my messages on follow-up. I didn't even realize that she was banned from LSE until after the fact.

Dress came in a box that had a hole in the middle and a note from the post office saying that they received it in that condition

She is the worst seller I have ever experienced
>>
I'm really nervous because I sent out a package with a tracking number and it never updated at all. It's a medium size box, and I sent another small package at the same time, which was updated like normal and shows up as delivered, so I don't know why my other package wouldn't be in about the same place.

I've noticed that when I get medium flat rate packages sent to me the the tracking is usually broken and it still turns out fine, but I'm really new to selling and I'm freaking out a little bit.
>>
>>8709309

Oh my *god*
That name is going on a do not buy list, damn. I'm sorry anon!!
>>
>>8709244
>>8709247
>>8709281
No, I'm not an idiot. I just thought you *had* to provide other feedback such as ebay, egl comm sales or etsy. I don't care about LM specific feedback since when I first signed up I had to use my eBay and EGL comm sales ones myself.
I sent them a message asking if they have other feedback sources. If not, its not a huge deal, I just didn't realize that you didn't have to provide other feedback links.
Thanks for the suggestion of gift payment and I definitely plan on shipping tracked.
>>
Anyone know any shops that sell Usakumya-like or any type of animal bags like that? I'd love to grab an Usakumya but I haven't seen any for sale lately.
>>
Is there any way to whiten faux fur?

I bought an AP fur capelet from closet child to match the white fur trim on one of their jsks I own. Except the capelet fur is noticingly more offwhite/yellowed than the trim on my jsk. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>8709340
They pop up on secondhand stores like Closet Child and auctions fairly often, you just need to keep an eye out.
>>
>>8709252
That is awesome, anon! I own a milk-chan pochette and I find it a lot more adorable than usakumya. It's a pity they don't come in a bigger size.
>>
>>8709340
Wunderwelt is selling a Milk-chan pochette if you are interested.
>>
>>8709247
>>8709338
I honestly would never tell a buyer to send payment as gift, considering on the flipside that is what everyone, especially newbies, are always told to be wary of. In that case it'll be you who looks suspicious.

Just ask for other proof of feedback and if there isn't any, just make sure you ship tracked or signature confirmation.
>>
I've always wanted an ivory Usakumya. I think they look especially cute with old-school coordinates.
>>
>>8709374
Not really. It is common practice to ask for a gift if the person wants to do something a bit risky so that you are not screwed. Want the cheapest shipping option that has no tracking? Pay me via gift. Other people will just refuse that as an option of shipping to force it.
>>
>>8709404
lol no. you know paypal actually makes gifts even more easy to refund now right and you can get banned if you're caught accepting money for items as gift.
>>
>>8709340
Lolitadesu has several up right now.
>>
>>8709404
No, they can just make a claim with their bank or CC without even going through PayPal. And since you aren't supposed to use gift payments for anything other than gifts, the seller has zero protection
>>
>>8709229
I'm afraid i'll sound silly, but maybe put it between two heavy books?
>>
>>8709318
which dimension medium flat rate box? like, the small more square-shaped ones or the larger more rectangular ones? I usually send out the larger, more rectangular ones and the tracking updates just fine. but I just sent out a the more square/cubular type medium flat rate today, I hope mine doesn't have any problems...how do you usually ship them? do you go to the post office and buy the postage there, or do you do the print and ship thing and print the postage from paypal?
>>
>>8709404
sure, but the other anon is correct in that this is what people tell newbies always to avoid, and it's true. when you're a more experienced lolita you should hopefully have developed the understanding to figure out the context of a situation for when it's appropriate to send something as gift payment but if this girl has no feedback because she's a newb she's gonna think you're the one trying to scam or take advantage of her.
>>
>>8709196
whatever happened to Frederick? Is he still a thing?
>>
>>8709498
Not the one you're replying to but I am the seller.
I'm just going to ask her for other feedback links and if she has none I'll ship tracked and with signature confirmation.
>>
>>8709337
>>8709522
Sorry who was this again? For future reference..
>>
>>8709055
How the heck do you iron puff sleeves? I dont want to set odd looking creases into my blouses.
>>
>>8709593
Steamer or a tailor's press board.
>>
>>8709111
Super cute anon!I have just a mini usaloppy but i want a big one.
>>8709108
He looks like Kyubey here... Contract?
I want a white Usakumya and one in black with red bows, also the blk Kumya would be ok.
>>8709252
I want to do the same with plushie bags.
>>
I just had a huge scare with ink from a print rubbing off on my best white OP in my closet next to it, so I have a couple of questions about more responsible clothing storage, if anyone cares to answer.

>Do you pay specific attention to hanging items up in groups, such as by material or color?

>Is there a certain amount of space you like to keep between hanging items?

>Do you use clothing storage bags/what kind?

>Anything else to avoid storage damage to items?
>>
>>8709617
You just made me move parts of my closet into another one because i used to smush everything together. Now i use 3/4 of my boyfriends closet too, thanks anon.
>>
So I want to buy cardigans/boleros/etc to go over my OPs. Does any brand make ones that won't look shit over short sleeves?
>>
I ordered from Wunderwelt for the first time and just paid the shipping link they sent me, do I have to reply to their email to confirm the order too? Am I waiting for another email that I have to reply to? I looked up some reviews and some people say they had to confirm their order by email but some don't mention it so i'm a little confused...
>>
>>8709685
Nope, you don't; I order from them all the time. Just wait for them to send you tracking number after you pay for the shipping. I've got mine in as little as a couple of hours, and the longest was three or four days.
>>
>>8709688
Thanks anon! I'm so paranoid about screwing up overseas orders, I can rest easy now
>>
>>8709582
I'm the one selling to the person without feedback. Thanks for the good points you brought up!
>>
>>8709343
have you tried taking it to the dry cleaners? Maybe try shaking some baby powder on it?
>>
>>8709343
This is just a guess based on similar theory, but I know that yellowed plastic on collector's toys tends to be irreversible if it's from light damage/old age, so I don't think there's anything you can do...

If it's just in need of a wash, I would try to spot clean it with a damp soapy cloth- if detachable, even better.

>>8709617
>Do you pay specific attention to hanging items up in groups, such as by material or color?
I group by brand, then by color/cut, but I try to keep like colors touching from section to section.
Unfortunately I don't have this luxury since I have a very small livingspace and only one garment rack for my dresses, so they're all kind of smushed in together.
Nope. I'd like to get some for my brand blouses, though.
I remove any thinner ties from items where I won't wear them often and keep them all in a bag under my rack so they won't be needlessly tangled, and remove/relace/rebutton them for laundering.

My blouses are folded in a drawer, and I keep the black/dark blouses to one side and the light colors to another. Same with socks but rolled up, with the soles outward and facing up so they don't touch each other or the inside of the sock.

I should probably be more careful though, since I have quite a few of AATP's older prints from the era where they were notorious for bleeding... Luckily none in the infamous wine colorways.
>>
>>8709055
I love usakumya and I have the rucksack and it's fits so much I was pleasantly surprised. I like the black x blue one but the light blue eyes really ruin it for me. The middle usakumya almost looks ita. I guess I'm stuck with white even though he matches none of my coords
>>
>>8709723
You can always hang up an empty clear dust bag between colors too.
>>
>>8709204
>Usakumya's back vagina doesn't fit jack shit
What the hell are you putting in it? It fits my Samsung Galaxy S5, a long wallet, my compact, lipstick, eyelash glue, and house/car keys.
>>
>>8709723
I started making garment bags after I bought a leather jacket and plan on making one for all my dresses, too. unbleached cotton muslin is pretty cheap and it doesn't take long
>>
>>8709247
Having them pay by gift is less safe than the usual way. If they can't open a dispute like in this case, they can ask their bank to revert the costs and thus it's out of Paypal's hands aka you're screwed. At least if they open a dispute you have a chance to get your money back.
>>
>>8709582
How dumb are you? Click back through the replies.
>>
>>8709487
I sent out the flat, rectangular one, and printed out postage with Paypal and put it in a postage box.

I'm just confused because my other package, which went in the exact same box at the same time, delivered fine.
>>
>>8709220
Was the auction was for an IW salo? I won an auction on LM last night and I have no feedback yet, completely forgot that I ought to put up other sites' feedback.
>>
I don't have any novelty plush bags, yet they sure are cute...
But it totally irks me when I see mostly AP coords with an usakumya bag. It's like wearing an an adidas tracksuit with nike shoes. It happens a lot.
>>
>>8709055
The idea of carrying around a stuffed animal as a purse seems really juvenile and does not appeal to me at all. I wear pastel sweet and I feel like it just looks wrong to outsiders too.
>>
>>8709055
I always wanted an Usakumya bag for the sake of owning an Usakumya bag. Like it feels a little like a lolita (at least sweet lolita) rite of passage item to me. That probably sounds really dumb and I have maybe only one dress it'd match, but damn if I don't want one.
>>
How many of you try to wear lolita almost daily? What brands do you usually go for? I'm just trying to be a bit more of a casual lolita lately. Which brand in general do you think could also maybe hold up to semi-regular cleaning nicely and regular wear? I'm looking at AP and IW mostly, but I've heard Putumayo can be thrown in the wash without any issues.
>>
>>8710171
I wear a lot of IW as daily wear, as well as AatP and Moitie. There are a lot of dresses labelled as 'sundresses' that can come across as more casual. Idk about washing though, since I don't wear each piece that much to wash very regularly.
>>
Generally are there better places to sell certain things such as LM vs Ebay vs LSE?
I know ebay can be great for bodyline and ita stuff.
What about Magazines, catalogs and mooks? Is it best to post on facebook in hopes of someone with a WTB?
Or list them in lots on ebay or individually on LM?
>>
>>8710171
I used to wear a lot of the nicer, plain bodyline stuff daily because you really just can throw it in the wash, although always hand wash the colored pieces the first time just in case.
With my brand pieces I was always hand washing in cold water, I don't miss that.
>>
>>8710171
It's less about brands and more about the fabric used. Plain cotton, poly blends and sturdier fabrics are always going to wash and wear better than chiffon, velvet, tulle lace; blouses are going to wear better than cutsews for the most part as well.
I'd avoid screen printed items, intricate embroidery, and textured fabrics as well - most of those are hand wash or dry clean only.
Other things to watch out for if you want to machine wash include cotton lace trim, and lots of ruffles - they can bunch up and sit really weirdly, requiring ages with a steamer/iron, also inbuilt tulle linings do the same thing. Items that are boned can also warp in the machine.

I agree with >>8710196 about bodyline - machine wash all the way! I have also been fine with Putu, IW, AP, Atelier Pierrot, Baby, and ETC but it's really about the right garment rather than the right brand.
>>
>>8709055
I have a rilakkuma plushie bag. Super smakl that can hold like...phone and some monies. Its adorable and look like it hugs your side in koala style but i got told by two seagulls that it looks retarded to carry a plushie bag. I am 19 and i also have sturdy bags like a simple heart shaped and a cat shaped all very simple.
Whats your opinion? Do you think it really does look retarded? Not gonna stop though but feels a little anxious. I used to have a big domo plushie backpack in high school and people liked it and found it funny.
>>
>>8709617

One of my friends turns the dresses inside out so that any colour transfers will be between the linings of two dresses, not the outside of two dresses. I always thought this was smart, but I can't do it because I have a million pink dresses all hanging together and would like to be able to tell which is which without pulling them all out one by one, lol. So I only turn the darker-coloured dresses inside out.

I put a couple of the white dresses in plastic bags, but you should be aware that those things can encourage mold growth. I live in an area where it's not really a problem for the closet, just the bathroom, plus I add one of those charcoal absorber things from Daiso into each bag.

I buy dustbags off taobao for my handbags and keep the shoes in their original packaging (including the wadded paper and the stick things to help keep the shoes in shape). Some day I might need to make my own shoe form keeper things, hasn't happened yet I guess.

The only thing that worries me is that parts of the closet is not exactly cool, so I worry if some of my pleather/faux fur stuff is slowly yellowing because of the heat. Any ideas for that would be appreciated?
>>
>>8709055
I have one AP's pony bag and the Melody Toys bear plushie, Poppo, bag. I want to collect all of AP's pony, bear, and bunny bags and plushies specially the bear from the Musee du Chocolat Porter and Pippi Bunny.
>>
>>8709196
I wish IW would give Frederick some love, he's been so neglected for so long. I also want a chance to get a Frederick bag with little interchangeable waistcoats and bowties.
>>
>>8710171

Seconding >>8710204

Avoid the following: velour, velvet, flock, anything with metallic trim on the dress, dark/bright prints on cotton (dark prints on synthetics seem okay though). AP's chiffon is one I'm usually worried about, the care tags always say to dry-clean it.

I'd say the synthetic fabrics hold up better than cotton, I've washed a few Bodyline floral dresses so much they've pilled and faded, while my IW dresses (both synthetic) have been worn almost as often and still look vibrant. The synthetics do trap body moisture more, though, so not as good if you live in a humid climate (though I imagine if you're considering daily lolita then you're probably not in an area where hot/humid weather is a problem).

You also need to consider the washing method. Don't just throw them into the washing machine with your jeans. Put them in a laundry net bag, use a gentle detergent, and dry it indoors (the sun will bleach colours and prints). Be careful to dry knits flat so as not to stretch them out, try to dry the dresses flat to put less stress on the shoulder straps.
>>
>>8710211
Don't worry, soon you'll grow out of being a teenager who cares too much about what the internet thinks. Unless people are harassing you in person or you need to present yourself in a particular way (e.g. looking professional for a job interview, not standing out too much in skeezy parts of town, can't be fucked dealing with comments from randoms) it shouldn't make a difference if you enjoy it. I have a plushie penguin backpack, a bunch of novelty shaped PU handbags and am looking for a seal-shaped backpack. As long as I don't need to do something professional and am not representing anyone but myself (and also not posting online looking for asspats or validation about what it looks like) then it really doesn't change anything. At the same time, doing what you like doesn't mean you're going to get approval from online communities, so if you want to do whatever the fuck you like then refrain from posting it online and being all like "look at how great I am"
>>
>>8710146
Holy shit anon I feel the same
>>
I know this isn't lolita but does anyone have advice on what to do if out have your arm in a cast for a formal occasion? I have no idea where else to ask.
>>
>>8710330
The number one lolita rule for anything important that isn't kawaii enough: Take it off before pictures are taken.
>>
>>8710330
Cover it in glitter and lace
>>
>>8710330
Though it wasn't for lolita, ages ago my mum had a similar dilemma - she had shattered her wrist and needed to cover up the sick-ass pins sticking out of her arm for a formal event. The solution then was a pretty scarf that complemented her dress wrapped around them to cover them. I'm sure you could do something similar. I would avoid the glitter and lace option because then it'd just distract from your outfit.
>>
>>8710146
Same here. I would probably never use it and it wouldn't suit my wardrobe at all but there's this little voice at the back of my mind telling me I need one for the sake of having one. I do wear sweet, but it's more of an otome-sweet than a carrying-around-a-stuffed-animal sweet. Maybe one day I can snap one up for relatively cheap and just keep it around to look at it or something.
>>
File: Snapchat-6645051393545097647.jpg (474KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6645051393545097647.jpg
474KB, 1080x1776px
>>8710354
It's a fiber glass cast so it can't come off.
>>8710356
When I first got it done the doctor did cover and it in glitter but almost all of that has fallen off now and its grey and looks a little worse for wear. This was when it was first done
>>8710365
A scarf sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about ribbon or something but with only one arm to do it with I wasn't sure how nicely I could achieve wrapping it.
>>
Does anyone have any experience on the amount of time it takes to get a refund from Haenuli? I had to pay shipping cause they shipped me the wrong item and have been waiting for a shipping refund since February.
>>
File: 10281717_5630849987654.jpg (89KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
10281717_5630849987654.jpg
89KB, 700x700px
>browsing Wunderwelt
>$250 for this ita monstrosity

http://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/detail6495.html
>>
>>8710493
>calling AP ita
>not knowing how market value works
it's an AP OP, it's heavy, of course the price will be high.
>>
>>8710503
>not acknowledging that even glorious burando can be ita as shit
>>
>>8710510
>still not knowing how market value works
it's from 2012 and retailed for 38640 yen, yeah.
the red op is on yahoo japan for 28000, and i've seen this OP listed for more too. Wunderwelt's price is in between auction price and retail value with like a 1k-2k difference, it's not a crazy price desu. Secondhand stores always have slightly higher prices compared to auctions.
>"not acknowledging that even glorious burando can be ita as shit"
i bet you call black x white and oldschool "ita" too, huh?
>>
>>8710525
nah man, cat's masquerade just looks really bad in the lavender colourway.
>>
File: ap cats masquerade.png (473KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
ap cats masquerade.png
473KB, 480x640px
>>8710493
>>8710510
seems to be a slightly different op cut but this is a japanese lolita wearing it
>>
File: Ita Lolita.jpg (80KB, 346x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ita Lolita.jpg
80KB, 346x600px
>>8710525
Different anon here, while I agree with you about the market price, it's still ita as fuck. This is coming from someone who is oldschool myself. You're delusional if you don't think brands fuck up.
>>
>>8710553
>"ita monstrosity"
>"ita as shit"
>"just looks really bad"
ok, and it's going for under retail price and it's from 2012, so?
>>
slightly related but when are we going to change the definition of "ita" to "someone who coords and wears a dress badly" as opposed to "i think this dress itself is shit, therefore it's ita"?
>>
>>8710568
i was only here to argue that it's ugly, so i'm glad we're all in agreement here.
>>
>>8710576
well everything can be ita as long as it's painful to look at
>>
>>8710564
To be fair, tacky as fuck has always been Visible's aesthetic.
>>
>>8710436
No hope, maybe kick up a stink on their facebook
>>
>>8710576
Ita has always meant "it looks ugly" which encompasses people who dress badly and dresses that are generally agreed to be inherently ugly.
>>
i have the itch for more lavender, is jewelry jelly jsk for $100 an ok deal? is it totally fuggo these days? am i blinded by lavender lust?
>>
>>8710525
I love oldschool and this is ugly as fuck, not sure why you're defending it
>>
>>8710589
I love that print, you should go for it. I considered buying one for 150. Where did you find that? (Not going to buy it just haven't seen it anywhere near that cheap)
>>
File: 1439416971948.png (299KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439416971948.png
299KB, 445x450px
>>8710576

>newbie trying to throw their weight around
>not knowing the origin of the term 'ita' just means 'it hurts' and can pretty much apply to anything

Oh you.
>>
>>8710597
2012 ain't oldscool
>>
File: btssb - kuragehime op.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
btssb - kuragehime op.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
>>8710577
>>8710581
yeah but even dresses like BTSSB's Kuragehime OP were called "ita" and "lace monsters" when they came out, and yet now they're rare as fuck as a result and have become many people's holy grails to the point where they offer thousands. There's OTT baby which initially looks like shit and yet is still popular among the OTT crowd and coorded somewhat passingly. There's Bodyline, which initially was generally agreed to be shit all around, and now there's that one girl that coords Bodyline really impressively, not to mention most stock photos can look like shit anyway. Whether or not such dresses are "shit" is usually very subjective (and not in agreement like this one here). Someone can take a shit dress and coord/wear it amazingly. Truly bad coords are easier to label "ita" than sole dresses... etc., etc.
>>
>>8710606

Dude. It looks like shit.

>>8710560 looks like she's wearing a milanoo monster.

Yes, there are some dresses that can look bad on the dummy or in stock pictures. But these are a different kind of monster from this atrocity.
>>
>>8710616
did you not read what i said?
>(and not in agreement like this one here)
>>
>>8710606
>noobs who point and call perfectly fine old school coords "ita" because it's black x white
>>
>>8710616
>>8710629
ngl, we're calling it shit now but trends change. for all we know in five years this dress could be someone's holy grail. what dresses are considered "ita" changes with time as the trends change, when you think about it.
>>
>>8710631
I hate that. It used to be that people were warned off of black and white because it is hard for beginners to pull it off but its not ita be nature
>>
>>8710146
This sounds totally legit. I bought my first last year pretty spontaneously and it felt SO GOOD. I'm not even a sweet lolita, but just owning that creepy bunny-bear makes me feel like I accomplished something. Like I'm a true lolita now.
>>
>>8710330
Make a sling to match your dress.
>>
I'm so happy!

Received my dream dress today. I was scared that it wouldn't fit correct because it's known to be boobloafy... but it fits perfectly! Was actually contemplating getting a boob reduction if it didn't fit correctly.
>>
>>8710330
I had surgery on my arms. My solution was to pick a dress that matched my sling, and then put a cute bow on it.

>>8710416
Get a scarf that matches your dress and wrap around it.
>>
>>8710416

Ahhh omg I was just joking but that's actually p cute
>>
>>8709617
Almost all of my wardrobe is light colors but I go from lightest to darkest.

I hang everything on a clothing rack with a little space between.

If I'm moving I use bags I just got to a department store and ask for hanging bags because ~free~

I keep all of my dresses out of sunlight and I keep fragile head wear in sturdy shoe boxes/thick cardboard boxes.
>>
>>8710223
>One of my friends turns the dresses inside out so that any colour transfers will be between the linings of two dresses
This is absolutely genius...
>>
>>8710503
>>8710525
>>8710647
Jesus fuck.
The dress is ugly.
I'm sorry someone disagrees with your opinion.
If your ego is so fragile that you have to resort to "herp derp no ur ita!" Then you should get off of this website.
>>
>>8710589
Is this on lacemarket?
I got scammed by a seller on Lacemarket selling the Jewelry Jelly jsk in lavendar a month or so ago.
I won the auction for $90 but the seller never shipped. When I went digging, I found that their proof photos had been shooped from someone else's listing.
>>
>>8710826
No one was saying the dress wasn't ugly though, learn to read
no one was saying "no ur ita!" either ffs
>>
>>8709617
I really wonder how lolitas with giant wardrobes (130+ main brand items) cope with storage.

All of my dresses are squished into my main closet grouped by colour, but I keep blouses in the middle dividing the lights and darks to avoid colour transfer. I store flocky and similarly delicate pieces in a garment bag to avoid damage. Shoes I stuff with tissue paper and put into storage bags. At the bottom of my closet I have small vintage suitcases I use to store things I'm selling, mending, or crafting.

Overall I'm so envious of the gorgeous closets/rooms I see, since mine has no cohesion.
>>
>>8710852
I don't have a giant wardrobe, but if I did later we have four closets in our house (one story, three bedrooms), so that helps. One's smaller than the others but yeah.
Some probably have those huge walk-in closets too, I can only wish for that even with my four closets for storage.
>>
File: ap midnight masquerade.jpg (67KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
ap midnight masquerade.jpg
67KB, 280x373px
>>8710525
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/midnight-masquerade-dress
it's actually the Midnight Masquerade OP but did retail for the same price.
black looks better at least.
>>
>>8710171
I wear lots of IW for daily wear, and I totally throw that shit in the washing machine. Obviously use the gentle cycle and maybe don't do this for lacy/special textures or fabrics, but all of my IW has held up really well.
>>
>>8710852
A friend of mine has a giant wardrobe with well over 80 main pieces. Her wardrobe looks like a total mess and it's gotten so bad that it took over her whole bedroom as well. She's sleeping in the living room now. I guess the only solution to managing a wardrobe of that size is having a big enough house/flat.
>>
Can anyone tell me if I have a chance at getting the BtSSB Sleeping Beauty OP when it goes up for regular order this month? I know the Belle was really popular but I don't know about this one

http://www.babyssb.co.jp/onlinestore/b39op358/
>>
>>8710171
i wear lolita daily, been doing so regularly for about 3 years now. I generally stick to solid baby/ap pieces, but recently I've added more milk, jane marple, and innocent world. I have a few bodyline dresses for outdoor events and they've made it through a ton of washes without issue. I would avoid things with a lot of lace, textured fabric, or ruffles- they warp really easily and look terrible once it happens. bold prints are also not recommended, but i've washed a few JM and IW prints without issue.
>>
>>8710897
what the fuck
>She's sleeping in the living room now
K E K
>>
>>8710897
I have around 70 main pieces right now, and am able to fit everything, along with blouses and outerwear, in my small walk-in, but I'm going to build a wardrobe inside my room, as well, to hold outerwear and make more room in my closet for main pieces.
>>
>>8710831
Woooow what? Name+shame? You reported them, right?
>>
>>8710852
I have 85+ main pieces and have two wardrobes, one for skirts and one for dresses. It's not enough and I've started taking over my bf's wardrobe. Time to downsize.
>>
>>8710953
I did report them to both LM and PayPal and ended up winning my dispute. I'd have to go back to find their name again though.
it was something with "woof" in the username I think
>>
>>8710897

this is my dream problem
>>
>>8710897
She should rent a bigger apartment if she can afford that much brand.
>>
May sound like a bit of a silly question
but does anyone know how much stretch most Infanta dresses have in their shirring?
>>
>>8710989
She's looking for a bigger one, that's also why she puts up with sleeping in the living room for now.
>>
>>8709656
Any ideas?
>>
>>8710503
I think it's cute too but I can see why other people like it, but...

>it's an AP OP, it's heavy, of course the price will be high.

Not true at all, especially for older pieces. Value varies according to each release.
>>
>>8710604
>reading comprehension
>>
I want to start selling off the stuff in my wardrobe I don't wear anymore, but I have no idea what kind of shipping to use. I'm only going to ship domestically (in the U.S.) so I don't have to worry about international shipping, but I don't know what's the best. Should I always use tracked, and should I send my stuff in a box or in one of those bubble mailers?
>>
>>8711122
Speaking from experience: both. I use bubble mailers for blouses, socks and smaller items, and Priority Flat Rate boxes for everything else. They come with tracking and most take 1-3 days to reach their destination. Really the easiest and most convenient option for sure. You can pick up a bunch from your local post office for free. Then you can just ship via the kiosk in your post office or print from home if you have a printer and safe neighborhood (so things don't get taken from your mailbox), and schedule to have your mailman pick it up.
>>
For those that own jsks with elastic in the straps, how do you hang them? I usually hang mine at the skirt and drape the bodice over. I'm so paranoid about the elastics snapping or stretching out. Especially since all of those jsks tend to be made of a heavier material...
>>
File: pop.jpg (463KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
463KB, 612x859px
The ivory colourway is actually kinda cute
>>
>>8710606
I need to see a coord of this desu
Is it me or does Baby's OTT dresses look better on person/in coords than they do in photots
>>
File: 2015-11-10 21.22.33.jpg (177KB, 941x530px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-10 21.22.33.jpg
177KB, 941x530px
Anyone else get their MJP from Haenuli yet? I got the LXL and it's huge. My WCK for reference is supposed to have a 8cm larger max...
>>
>>8711127
Maybe add a clothespin for extra support?>>8711335
Didn't think I needed this but damn, that red has lots of potential. I can't decide between this or Chess Emblem.
>>
>>8710916
>>8710896
>>8710251
>>8710204
>>8710196
>>8710190
Thank you! That was all really wonderful advice. I'll especially remember the fabric advice for the future.
>>
>>8711335
Welp, i have this week to decide. It's cute but I just can't decide
>>
>>8710702
Only thing is I don't wear a sling but I'm going to try my best to find a matching scarf but I'm a basic bitch and wearing a red sequin dress so I'm not sure what will match that.
>>8710689
I can't really make anything at the moment.
>>8710732
Yeah I was super surprised when a nurse told me I could get glitter on it but it only stayed on and looked good for a few days, I don't think the doctor put it on very well.
>>
Hello gulls, I am a fairly new lolita, for about a year, and recently I've bought my first brand dress.
It's secondhand though, and it's an IW print dress.
I've hand-washed my clothes before and read articles but is there a detail I need to know about special care to IW print dresses? I know it sound quite dumb but I would love to read some tips.
>>
>>8711335
My body is so ready for this damn dress.. Fuckk yeahhh
>>
>>8711351
Always. And with AP it's the opposite, I find- they always look better in stock photos.
>>
>>8711431
diff but eh? AP always looks nicer in person to me, there's so many details you usually can't see in the stock photos
>>
>>8711378
Just follow the instructions on the tags.
>>
File: P11OJ299-p1.jpg (100KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P11OJ299-p1.jpg
100KB, 480x640px
I am sad by this. I really liked the cut and the stars but was hoping that it was something cute and wintery

http://www.babyssb.co.jp/reservation/le_petit_prince/
>>
>>8710604
Not that anon, but when will 2007-2010 be considered old school?
>>
>>8711440
but anon, this is already cute and wintery

i just wish there was a preview for the black colourway
>>
>>8711335
>That time AP pulled an IW
>>
>>8711445
Phrased it wrong, I don't know anything about petit prince so I feel awkward getting it
>>
>>8711441
It doesn't work that way. Old school is an aesthetic. Plainer fabrics, cotton lace, larger collars, clunky shoes etc. there are brand new dresses that are old school and some old dresses that never will be. Me? I just wear what I like and leave the labels to others.
>>
>>8711353
I got my skirt in! I have a 27" waist and ordered a small, haven't tried it on yet but it fits my dress form just fine.
Sorry about the sizing problem, maybe you could take it to a tailor?
>>
>>8711446
My thoughts exactly, anon. It's not a bad idea, though. I like seeing them experiment a bit, even if I like classic AP like probably all of us.
>>
>>8711463
I vote we do this comic book style.
>golden age
>silver age
>bronze age
>modern
>>
I have just sweet black printed items and one pink AP casual non print skirt, there is for now no risk of color transfer. They are stored in two open wardrobes along with other items, not sure how to cope with the dust... is shaking them enough?Or i have to wash them often?
A tiny bit they aren't smushed hopefully.
I use storage bags only for bags, with their plastic bag package, not sure if i have to use fabric bags instead to avoid mold or some damage.

I put my socks in various boxes, accessories in organza bags inside a big box or their original plastic package, shoes in the open wardrobe, cutsews in the drawers, blouses hanged or in the drawer with some clothing protection sheets to avoid holes. When i take off the clothing pieces, i make them air in a chair, clean shoes with a dry or little damped cloth or fix scuffs with nail polish/shoe polish, wash socks after few uses or wash them after a use if very sweaty, wash blouse/cutsew if very sweaty and just air the jsk or skirt unless it's dirty or smelly/sweaty, i never wash any lolita item in the machine, always handwash to prevent damage or too much color transfer, piling. Ah, if socks or knitted items get piling you can remove gently with a razor or with some tape. Sometimes fix buttons or tiny rips.
If someone has other advice to storage, clean and take care of lolita items please post.
>>
>>8711353
I got my MJP OP in yesterday. I've been seeing how Haenuli is great for long torsos, but that seems to not be the case with this release. I may have to look into the skirt or JSK instead. The shirring on the OP is overkill, even for a linebacker-chan like me.
Just curious, did the large bow on yours come with three stars? I thought they were supposed to have two on the big bow and one on the smaller bow, but I ended up with four total. Is it normal for them to attach extras?
>>
>>8711127

I do that, or I use a skirt hanger and clip the bodice of the dress.

It doesn't seem paranoid to me, more like common sense not to wear out the elastic.
>>
>>8711468
>torchon lace age
>embroidered lace age
>chiffon ruffle age
>>
>>8711127
Skirt hanger with clips for me. Clip at the bodice below the elastic. Same for blouses with elastic in the neckline or sleeves. I've had two JSKs more or less ruined using regular hangers on elastic staps (one by me and my own ignorance, the other arrived with stretched out straps that I didn't notice in the photos).
>>
>>8711468
It won't work that way, it goes by waves, by releases and by aesthetics. There isn't any handy, easy way to classify everything chronologically. That's part of learning the fashion, to learn to recognize these things. Re-releases special releases, lucky packs and knock offs make it even more challenging. I'm not good at it and I'm older in the fashion (I just don't care and have mostly caught up the old stuff I wanted and buy new as its released) but some people are amazing at it. It's fun to get them wound up and talking/posting about it too, like walking databases.
>>
>>8711461
just read up on it, if you still like the story or even if you don't but you like the print, you should get it! nobody's going to shit on you for that
>>
>>8709348
>>8709367
>>8709426
Just my luck, one popped up on LSE for $80 and they're holding it for me, thanks anons!
>>
Anywhere in Sydney (around the CBD) I should check out for clothing/accesories? I'll be there over this weekend, looking for some base pieces that are cute for otome and lolita or have a similar "girly" aesthetic.
If there are any thrift stores that you have had luck in, I would be very interested in those.
>>
>>8711440
I agree with the other anon. Just read the book, it's super short. Plus you'll probably like it.
>>
>>8711335
I really hope that this won't be a total bloodbath
>>
>>8711485

I love this, but torchon lace age and embroidered lace age would overlap (assuming you mean cotton eyelet with embroidered lace). You'd have to put AP by itself in another age, too, they've got that ongoing mad love affair with tulle lace that Baby kind of bypassed altogether. And the plain, laceless dresses (IW, mostly) wouldn't belong to any ages, it seems?
>>
Waiting on an invoice over 24 hrs. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack :(
>>
>>8711504
I like the sock stalls at Paddy's market and the goth shops in Enmore rd when they have sales on their shoes - great for old school.

>>8711372
The glitter doesn't stay on fiberglass very well, it's nothing to do with how they put it on but actually just the nature of the material. Plaster casts are way better for glitter
>>
>>8711647
>goth shops in Enmore rd
Isn't Gallery Serpentine the one that resells stuff for ODiP?
Will definitely check out Paddy's markets as well!

I'm more looking for quirky dresses/skirts/blouses and some basic options to flesh out my wardrobe as well.
>>
>>8711644
stop being a fucking baby and realize people have lives
>>
File: CTfx9uyUcAAtd4I.jpg (377KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CTfx9uyUcAAtd4I.jpg
377KB, 1024x1024px
>>8711335
closeup of the print
>>
>>8711662
Gorman fo sho anon, but Im sure you have gorman in other states. They had a fantastic seagull with chips dress last year
>>
>>8711687
Oh that's where it's from? I saw a girl wearing it around and thought it was fantastic. I do love gorman (not them).
>>
>>8711335
I really want the skirt
OP is cute as well though, but I need skirts
>>
>>8711690
Yeah ! They had a lobster dress at one point too. It's full of cute prints. They're doing a tokyo-based print atm, it's not too exciting but the moth and moon collection was stunning
>>
>>8711690
Oh forgot to tell you that Gorman is in The Galeries (one L). There's a Kino up stairs if you want to grab last month's kera or GLB + other stuff.
>>
>>8711687
>>8711699
Fantastic, thanks!
>tfw poorfag
>>
>>8711706
You're Australian right? You'd have heard of dangerfield. If not they're worth checking out and are nice on sale.
>>
kind of random, but a small success for me
>buy aatp mens' size pants
>measurements should fit
>pants arrive
>don't really fit over my butt, worry that i bought the women's
>nope, i'm just a fatty
>go on a diet
>2 weeks later
>try pants on again, can at least zip them up now
still a long ways to go before they'll look good on me, but yay for progress
>>
>>8711712

Yay! Keep it up anon! It'll be worth it! Remember to watch your sugar intake! Even in lots of calorie wise and fat free foods they have tons of sugar!
>the silent killer
>>
>>8711710
Not Australian.
>>
File: shoptop-open.jpg (72KB, 450x169px) Image search: [Google]
shoptop-open.jpg
72KB, 450x169px
Antique beasT is opening shop on the 12th, at 9 PM JST.
>>
>>8711725
Well then I definitely recommend Dangerfield/ princess highway. They have a lot of items that are pretty much otome/ otomeable.Their socks are great too. I do reccomend getting things on sale, if possible. I find them a little overpriced for the quality at full price, but they almost always have a sale rack. I got a $160 coat for $47 last month.
With a higher budget, check out review. They have vintage/ feminine styled things. Flared dresses with floral prints and cropped cardis.
>>
>>8711662
Ah, fair enough. I've only ever been to those stores looking for shoes on special, I mainly stay out west which has all the shopping I need
>>
>http://www.sbs.com.au/news/thefeed/gallery/secret-lives-lolitas
this was just posted, and it's kind of disappointing that they got it so wrong

also, that last picture of the brolita kissing a lolita, how and why is that appropriate?
>>
>>8711787
*i meant relevant instead of appropriate
>>
>>8711787
That was cringy lmao
>>
>>8711787
That was the only part I liked about the documentary/"article".
>>8711772
Excellent, will check it out. Review is gorgeous but far outside of my price range, especially considering the exchange rate. Princess Highway socks look lovely, I'm eyeing the lemon ones.
>>
>>8711476
I've got 3 stars total. Two on the waist bow and one on the chest bow
>>
That Hufflepuff coord in CoF makes me want to buy Roland. I'm 39cm shoulders and 96 bust tho, would mens size drown me, gulls?
>>
>>8711715
Sodium too.. a lot of "low calorie" foods are loaded with it.
>>
>>8711979
No, I'm 100 bust and I can hardly fasten the bust even after I moved the buttons out a little. The waist was big so I moved those buttons in a little. I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>8711353
Wow, that looks gigantic.
I think Haenuli's sizing is very large/weird to begin with, I am a tall fatty and the LXL of WCK is a bit baggy and too long in the torso. Sad if they're getting worse instead of better.

>>8711335
I love it in every color except ivory, damn.
>>
>>8712066
Well, they were getting better. I'm hoping this is just a problem because of all the factory craziness
>>
>>8711979
Pic of coord?
>>
>>8712141
>>
>>8711746
Do you need a shopping service to order from antique beast, or do you use Tenso?
>>
>>8712158
Neither. You can order directly from them. They'll send you an email and an invoice thru paypal.
>>
>>8712147
One of the few classy HP coords I've seen. This is really nice.
>>
>>8712165
totally agree, i love how this came together. very sleek! there was a girl at ax this year who had a really nice one too.

surprising how hard it is not to fuck up a hp coord.
>>
>>8712179
I think it's because a lot of people who do HP coords try to style it as close to the actual uniform as possible and it ends up looking costumey
>>
>>8712192
i think a lot of them try to shoehorn hp house colors in way too much so it looks really tacky (like thos awful tie-headbands, wtf mate). iirc the ax girl was pretty faithful to the uniform so the house colors weren't as prominent.
>>
>>8711915
I guess I lucked out. Thank you for letting me know. I know they said in an e-mail they were having trouble with the stars.

>>8712066
I'm a tall fatty too, but the torso is just too short on MJP OP for me, as well as the neckline being surprisingly wide and low. And yeah, it's very baggy, even for me (111cm bust) and still had more room to stretch on the bodice's shirring. It would look okay if were longer in the torso for me, so I may look into a JSK version.
>>
File: P11OJ213-e-2.jpg (100KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P11OJ213-e-2.jpg
100KB, 480x640px
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/onlinestore/p11oj213/

Replenish today Sheherazade ~ One Thousand and One Nights ~jumper skirt I in Red. I'm sure someone here besides me needed this.
>>
>>8712447
>only red
>why this
>>
>>8712147
Man, I love this. Has anyone got more coords with Rolands that aren't pirate or military themed?
>>
>>8712475
>china

plus it is the best/most popular c/way
>>
>>8711335
I know it's called British Bear, but I honestly think it would look better without the flags, they just look that step too tacky (not to mention how tacky flag-wearing is in the first place)
>>
>>8712686
>caution, unpopular opinion time

I think the bears themselves are tacky, I wear both sweet and classic but there's something about that print that reminds me of old ladies who hoard everything Boyd's bears. I love the colors and tartan, and balance of border to print but... Can't get over those Boyd's bears
>>
File: 10061703_561380620a26a.jpg (82KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
10061703_561380620a26a.jpg
82KB, 700x700px
>>8709055
Looking for some measurements on an old MMM OP. Can anyone help me out? The seller doesn't list the waist measurement and since it's velvet I'm worried I'll hulk out of it.
>>
>>8711671
I wish we got a pink colorway for this print. I love the print so much but my closet is purely sweet so having a classic/sweet piece would kill my wallet on just buying the right pieces to coord this dress.
>>
>>8710852
I'm on 65 main items, and the big wardrobe is starting to get full. Blouses and cardigans get folded away, coats are stored by the door, and we all know I'm not going to stop buying or start selling, let's be honest.

I've already decided where the hanging rail is going to go.
>>
>>8712860
Check Tokyo Alice, they had that JSK and keep info up for ages.
>>
>>8712912
Thanks for that!
>>
>>8711772
Are the prices in AUD? Because that seems really cheap, but I don't see an option to switch currencies.
>>
Hey gulls, do you think it's weird to wear velvet on top of velvet? Like if I were wearing a velvet jsk and wearing a velvet cape on top or should I vary the texture and use something else?
>>
>>8712961
If the colour and pile match, I see no issue.
>>
Would it be considered rude to wear AatP to a Btssb tea party? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've never been to a Baby tea party, don't wear much Baby in general but do have some Aatp, and want to make sure of the etiquette before I commit to attending one.
>>
>>8712968
I don't see whynot.
>>
>>8712968
No, you'll be fine. Those tea parties are about 1/2 Baby and 1/2 AATP.
>>
>>8712912
Ah crap it's not on there. It does say that it's a Moi Meme Moitie "size 2", but I haven't figured out what that means for waist size since all MMM's listings only put down the bust as well. Damn you, Moitie.
>>
I'll be heading to San Francisco in a couple of weeks. The last time I was there, I only managed to stop by the BTSSB store. I bought an Usakumya bag while there. It's very cute, although I only use it every once in a while and mostly at cons (it's not exactly workplace professional). How is the AP store? I didn't get to stop by last time, sadly. Also, how long do those spend x dollars, get a stamp cards stay valid for?
>>
>>8712991
From my experience, Moitie size 2 JSKs have a waist that can fit up to 72cm, but that would be tight. Best to be around 65-68cm for all of their pieces. Unfortunately their sizes are all over the place, so who knows how consistent that will be with everything I've had from them.
>>
A Leigh is about to go live

livestream(.)com(/)trinityreloads
>>
>>8713009
If you're talking about stock-wise, AP is a wild card. They sometimes have stock that they do not post online for a while, so it's nice to check in. I went there last week and they're lacking a bit, but they might receive some new shipments by the time that you get to visit.

I only have an AP stamp card and there's no expiration date on it, so I assume that there isn't a limit on it. It probably won't hurt to ask the shop attendants there anyway just to make sure.
>>
File: _20151111_235805.jpg (163KB, 1382x1541px) Image search: [Google]
_20151111_235805.jpg
163KB, 1382x1541px
Finally, an animal bag I like. Sweet dreams, gulls
>>
>>8713114
It's creepy but pretty! Sauce?
>>
>>8713009
The Baby store is much nicer than the AP store. If you have time, it's worth visiting both though if you're in town. Are you planning to visit the comm while you're in town? I'm sure you could find people to shop with you
>>
>>8713114
oh wtf, at first I thought this was a hat, yay?
>>
>>8713145
OT but how does visiting comms work? I'm not super active in my own, but do you just request to join and then make a post about your visit or just see what events are going on in that time frame? Maybe I'm just too spaghetti to understand.
>>
File: img1062330574.jpg (7KB, 199x266px) Image search: [Google]
img1062330574.jpg
7KB, 199x266px
>>8712860
That's a JSK and caplet set from 2001. This type of cut tends to be pretty small (being a JSK and an older piece). It would probably have a max bust of 34 and waist of 27 at the very most but probably more like an inch under that.
>>
>>8713176
What I've done in the past is message a mod beforehand and explain that I'll be in the area so I don't look like some rando joining the comm. Then check their calendar and if there's any meets while you're there you could attend one of those, or post in the group about what dates you'll be in the area and if anyone would like to hang out. Usually someone will volunteer to make a small meet or suggest a place to visit.
>>
>>8712968
... they're the same company, why would it be a problem?
>>
File: ap_bordermarineop2014.jpg (245KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ap_bordermarineop2014.jpg
245KB, 500x600px
I would post this in the dumb questions thread, but I don't think it's that dumb and the more people that might have knowledge of this specific release the better. The lolibrary measurements for this dress (Border Marine) are 84/76 with a length of 86. My waist is under 70cm but my bust is usually between 88-90. I'm 172cm tall... the listing I'm looking at states the dress will be quite stretchy, but I worry that's not enough for my bust. The price is awesome though, and I really like it. Should I hold out? This would also be my second lolita dress.
>>
>>8713015
>>8713177
Thanks guys. Yeah, I can just about fit the bust but the waist is probably way too small. Kind of what I expected, but, wanted to know for sure.
>>
File: AP stands for Always Pink.png (122KB, 215x241px) Image search: [Google]
AP stands for Always Pink.png
122KB, 215x241px
>>8712867
I played with it in photoshop for 5 seconds. I think a pink colorway would be really cute...
>>
>>8713201
Just get it! This one seems quite fitted but stretchy, so it'll probably accomodate a sports bra just fine. Worst comes to worse, sell it to a friend for the same price you got it for, if the price is that good.
>>8713207
That looks pretty bad lol. Maybe in a darker pink, like in Holy Night Story would be better?
I think that dusty light pink would look nice if the blue colors on the print were changed to dark green.
>>
>>8712737
This. I'd be getting it if there weren't bears.
>>
>>8713145
Probably not. I'm a lone lolita, so I don't even know my own local comm. I will actually be in town for a business meeting, so I won't even be bringing lolita clothing with me. It would probably be a little weird for anyone in that comm to go shopping with me since I'd be in business attire and they'd be in lolita, although I'm sure that would make for a cute photo.
>>
>>8713201
It's probably going to be mid-thigh on you if not higher
>>
>>8713207
Thank you anon. My dreams of seeing this in pink is complete. It does look cute and maybe in pink like Holy Night Story as >>8713244
said would be cute.
>>
>>8712973
>>8713194
I was just concerned that maybe a Baby tea party is meant to focus on the Baby line of products solely. I figured it would be fine to wear AatP because same company but wanted to make sure beforehand.
>>
>>8713368
Yeah, that's what I was a little worried about... I like longer dresses anyway. 93cm is just at my knee. I was considering buying an underskirt but I suppose I will just wait for another dress and set aside the cost of this one for it.
>>
>>8713201
Bigger boobs than listed measure + horizontal stripes = nope. I don't think it will look good and if it turns out short, it's too casual for an underskirt to look good. I'd pass and get something more flattering.
>>
This might be a stupid question but for how much usually go scalped dresses on yahoo auctions just after a serie pop up on AP site ? I'm pretty sure the dress I want is going to be sold out quickly and if I am not able to get it, I might buy it there. I never really checked the last AP releases because I wasn't interested in those but I'm curious now. Thank you very much.
>>
File: 1381612062408.gif (955KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1381612062408.gif
955KB, 300x162px
>tfw you check out the new cc update and see that you missed a top wishlist dress for an amazing price

ouch, my chest
>>
>>8711671
So cute dat red
>>
>>8713858
I also missed a dream skirt this update
>It was in the cart
>Go to check out and get a message that it was sold.
>>
>>8713858
This is why I have an alarm set at ass-o-clock in the morning twice a week.
>>
>>8713858
iktf anon, i missed the goddamn socks ive been desperately searching for.. i was just a moment too slow.
>>
>>8713897
My dream skirt came up the other week and I missed it. It normally goes for like 100-150 and it was 3500 yen. I cried.
>>
Anyone going to Dream Fantasy Theater? I am afraid to make a thread for it because I am sure it will get derailed.
>>
>>8714019
There was a thread for it earlier, just make a new one.
>>
What does お取り寄せ means when shopping online on AP? I google translated it and it just said 'stock'. Is it backorder or something like that?
>>
>>8714240
It means, like, "request"; so you put in an order, and they ship it from a store's stock where it's available, but I think it's COD, and they won't sell an item marked like that to someone outside of Japan. I had to go through a shopping service to get an item marked that way. (I hope this made sense. English is not my best.)
>>
>>8711125
Late reply but thank you very much for the help, anon!
>>
File: tumblr_nxqacrwyFU1qahsqho1_540.jpg (453KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxqacrwyFU1qahsqho1_540.jpg
453KB, 533x800px
Part of me really loves this but something feels really off, like maybe she needs bangs or darker boots
>>
>>8714466
Sideswept hair always looks odd to me but I'm not sure I'd like the hat with bangs. The eyebrows look very short, the boots look very worn and the skirt shape looks like she's wearing a cage crin that's not strong enough to hold it up. I love the wig color, the curls and the blouse though and I think everything is nitpick but the boots.
>>
>>8714466
If she switched up added bangs and changed the shoes this would look 1000X better, but I think it's really cute regardless. That's such a nice dress IRL.
>>
>>8714466
I actually like the boots with this, oddly

My only real complaint is that it looks like the petticoat can't support the skirt, or it's not the right shape, it looks awfully empty underneath
>>
Sorry for the lame question I'm about to ask, but what is the big deal with Qpot? I just never cared for their stuff too much, so I never noticed anything about it, but now I'm starting to like it more and I notice that the prices are pretty up there. What makes them so popular and expensive? Fanbase, quality, exclusivity, or something else?
>>
Ordering from antique beast. Where do I put my city? Im in the U.S.A.
>>
>>8714568
Address 3 anon. Address 3.
>>
>>8714568
...Anon this is literally like every website ever
xxxx Whateverstreet
xxx Apt/suite etc (if anything. If nothing move city to this line)
Somewhere City
>>
>>8714564
It's a mix of exclusivity, quality and fanbase.
>>
>>8714466
she's wearing an A-line and it needs to be slightly more cupcake shape (should've layered another light petti on top)
>>
Is the lolita professional network still a thing people are interested in? I think it's a good idea and don't want it to be forgotten...
>>
>Was ordering through FJ
>also added some stuff from AB(when closed) because I didn't want to bother with multiple packages
>informed them that the shop had opened
>"we have to cancel your order"
>oh.. Okay, can I please have a refund then?
>since they were going to cancel my AB order I went ahead and purchased all the 32000 worth of stuff I wanted.
>"we have ordered this ONE 1500 item, we'll let you know when it arrives"
What do? I just want my money back from FJ because they told me it would be cancelled
>>
I have a recent AP release I want to trade for something else on my wishlist, but I'm curious...
>how often have you traded?
>what did you trade?
>was it a good deal in the end?
>did it take a long time to find a good trade?
wondering because I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to put it up for trade if I don't get many offers worth it, and I don't want to bombard people with "do you accept trades?" like others on LSE have been doing.
>>
>>8714812
I'm still interested as well, but it stalled because no one could think of a good platform.

I don't know if anyone is willing to host a forum, but that might go into weird territory since there would be some sort of selection for who would be able to join. I personally am not about to be an uptight jerk and demand references for someone's job, but if there's nothing in place, what would stop the group from becoming a platform for topics that we are tired of? (i.e. "I am chronically irresponsible with money and feel the need to tell everyone about it.")
>>
>>8714890
I thought people were warming up to Google+. It's easy enough to make a junk e-mail account for it.
>>
>>8714825
>1500yen
wait, I was too quick there. When i checked again they had placed the entire order. Oh god, I don't want to end up with two of everything. It isn't even stuff I can sell for retail price
>>
>>8714890
so... a forum for rich bitches to shittalk poor girls?
>>
>>8714932
But that's just it, anon, rich girls rarely talk much at all about poor ones it's just nice not to hear about all the constant money woes if you don't have them, be able to post hauls and buys among people who aren't always jelly and to not have to be so self-deprecating if we have or earn some decent coin. I'm in the middle, neither rich nor poor and I get it.
>>
>>8714932
I think you missed the point, it's for working/lolitas with careers. It's a networking thing. It's not a rich vs. poor thing. We just don't want to hear constant whining from underage, neet, and leechlitas honestly.
>>
Everybody selling their horror garden because is so tacky
>>
>>8714990
Kek, it also looks terrible once you actually put it on. The bodice to skirt ratio is really unflattering if you're over 5 feet tall.
>>
>>8714937
I get it too, it just becomes this subsection of a subculture, it's a little silly but whatever.
>>
>>8714890
>>8714898
>>8714951
>>8714812
There is a Google plus...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106779667844779743581
>>
Question here. I always want to post my coords online however I am afraid that people will make fun of me since weirdly when I smile or take pictures, one of my eyes shrinks, as in it closes itself and makes it look like I have a twitch or something and it looks ugly while the other is normal. Would people online in general point that out and make fun of me? I am asking because I want to know and make sure to prepare myself once I start posting on CoF and in my blogs.
>>
>>8715059
Probably not, but I can't guarantee that nobody will be petty enough to point it out. If you're worried you can cover your face with a sticker or something.
>>
>>8715059
One of my eyes always looks that way when I smile. I take 3/4 shots, look down, or avoid smiling if I'm worried about it. You'll be fine.
>>
>>8714900
Similar thing just happened to me with AE's 11/11 sale. Some stuff I don't mind having doubles off but the rest of it I'm planning on pawning off on local normies on my university's free and for sale so I don't have to deal with shipping. Or maybe holiday gifts or trade items or something.
>>
>>8714466
I like this, I'd just add longer eyebrows because it creates a weird juxtaposition between kawaii/elegant. Then again, I wouldn't have noticed if the other anon hadn't pointed them out.
Lor looks really great in this, I especially love the blouse.
>>
>>8714951
>networking
In other words, it's going to be a snob club. I get the appeal of having it and it will draw a lot of interest, but eventually you'll get the exact same bitching and moaning as anywhere. Someone nearer the bottom of the ladder will start moaning about not having as much as someone at the top, and I think it would cause quite an unnecessary divide in the community. There are a lot of people who buy brand but don't have careers, and also don't whine because they can't buy as much brand as someone with a high earning job.
I've seen this sort of exclusivity play out before, I've seen community members drift apart over this sort of things because the college graduates and high earners start to snub other members. It's really, really sad.
>>
>>8715186
>networking = snob

I'm sorry that I'd like to talk to lolis about having careers and how they work lolita into their schedules? It's not like it would become so huge that it could exclude people from participating in the social aspect of lolita altogether. You can be in more than one online comm.
>>
>>8715186

Yeah, no. I'd just like to talk to other lolitas who are in a similar stage of life to me and are also dealing with work-life balance. I have a very hard time doing that now, especially with long work hours and little time to actually wear my lolita out. Honestly, I'd just like to talk to other people with both similar hobbies and similar issues.

I am pretty much saying the same thing as >>8715193.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience before, but I honestly don't see how hosting an online community devoted to lolitas with careers would play out moreso in other communities. If what you're saying is true and it's not just that people drifted apart, it sounds like bad attitudes were already at play there and it sounds like you're better off not associating with them anyway.
>>
>>8714990
I came here to say the same thing...What is up with that. Is it bad quality? I liked the concept but the stock photos and user photos look so cheap...
>>
>>8714812
How about you don't? Lolitas have their own careers to tend to. Career is for the weekdays, lolita is reserved for the weekends.
>>
Lot of people in this thread who seem to be threatened by the idea of working lolitas wanting to hang out together.
>>
>>8715385
I'm not threatened by the idea of working lolitas wanting to hang out together. We do hang out after our work is done for the day.

The idea of a professional network is pointless. I try not to say anything about lolita fashion at work. One of my co-workers found out and asked me if I engage in ageplay. The same co-worker also asked yesterday if I will now get involved in the Legend of Zelda series now they introduced a female Link character. I've been playing the series since I was 9.
>>
File: 1447004246022.jpg (110KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1447004246022.jpg
110KB, 500x374px
>>8715193
>sorry that I'd like to talk to lolis about having careers and how they work lolita into their schedules?

I dress in lolitas on weekend or when I get time off.
Sometimes I wear toned down lolita to work.

Now what? Don't you see how it's not really necessary, and frankly pretentious, to have a subgroup based on one aspect of someone's life?
How hard would your eyes roll if someone wanted to start a group called "Lolita Mommies" or "Teen Lolitas"?
>>
>>8715398

Honestly, I wouldn't mind these groups if only for the fact that they'd be great containment pens for topics like "omg u dress up ur kid" and "mommy won't let me buy $500 dresses!111" they would be happy creating their own circle jerk, and I'll be happy they aren't shitting up more general communities.

Honestly unless they're as toxic as TITP on tumblr I don't mind niche communities. That's probably why I miss LJ - they had so many ridiculous niche groups and it was nice to have that.
>>
>>8715401
>subgroups are containment forums
Well, at least you admit it.
Honestly if it eliminates all of the whiny posts like "ugh wat can I wear 2 muh professional jerb!" or "everybody in my comm is so young and i have so much brand!" then maybe this would be a good thing. I guess I hadn't thought of that perspective, in that case, I'm all for this actually.
>>
>>8715398
This response is a little silly.
>you WANT something?
>well guess what? I DON'T
Anon just don't join the group or participate. "We all like this fashion" is already a pretty loose connection, it's not unreasonable to want to talk to others who are adults that have careers. It's more like having a "college lolitas" group or something - they're people who enjoy a hobby that are at a similar stage in life, so they can relate to one another better.
>>
>>8715401
>they had so many ridiculous niche groups and it was nice to have that.

It was really nice back then when all the nonsense was out of sight

>lolita_ed
>lolia_cooking
>bdsmlolita
>christian_kei - Wearers of alternative fashion, Followers of Christ.
>>
>ITT: Stop doing things I don't like!

>>8715186
How old are you? Networking is a legitimate thing. You sound like the snob here to be honest. Do you go to universities and turn up your nose at all the "snobs" forming connections with people?

People can be in more than one online community, holy shit. Professionals tend to know how to keep things professional i.e. no public bitching.

>>8715393
Do you even network? The issue here is that you're bringing your interest up with coworkers who don't get it. I don't bring up lolita at work because there is a time and place for it.

The point of the group is to use the shared interest in lolita to open up into forming contacts. We're creating our own "time and place" for it.

>>8715398
>Wanting to associate with people with shared life circumstances as you is pretentious guise!
LinkedIn must be pretentious then. Preaching about what people do in their off time that literally doesn't affect you at all is a little pretentious imo.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if there was a lolita mommies group. It would keep the amount of baby talk and "babies in lolita" pics off CoF, so I'd be all for it. Teen lolitas on the other hand would especially attract creepers so that wouldn't be a good idea.

tldr: Don't like it? Don't join it.
>>
>this thread
jesus fucking christ. Poorfags, don't take everything you're not involved in as a personal attack or sabotage plan. Nobody is making a "we hate poor lolitas" club. Nobody gives a shit that you're poor.

I hope this shit doesn't bleed into the next general.
>>
>>8711335
What time will this be released?
>>
>>8715435
And having a career doesn't exactly mean you're rich. It's not like it's going to be the CEO Lolita Club.
>>
new thread >>8715449

can we please fuck off with the networking shit?

make a group, if people wanna join- let them. if you don't like it, then ignore it. it does not matter.
>>
>creating a group with "lolita networking" is a little dumb gies
>"OMG ALL THESE INSECURE POORFAG JELLIES TRYING TO PERSONALLY ATTACK US FOR BEING PROFESSIONAL"
Do you even hear yourselves? Grow up.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.