[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newcon PDX status?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_2146-Medium-1024x682.jpg (131KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2146-Medium-1024x682.jpg
131KB, 1024x682px
Since someone brought it up in the Akiba Expo thread... does anyone actually know what state Newcon is in right now?

Last I heard all the staff had jumped ship once they found out the con head was either a crook or maybe just incompetent? The website seems like it is still going to happen but if there's no staff what should those of us who pre-registered expect?
>>
>inb4 "lol why would you go to this shit con"

Haven't prereg'd yet, but I'm also curious.
>>
>>8705017
Same here
>>
I heard another exec jumped ship because there is no way this con can financially happen. So I guess we'll see in January. Barely anyone has been going to the general meetings
>>
It's going to crash and burn day of, but not in any dramatic exciting manner. They just won't have any money and the COO, Mike, will be three states away by the time anyone notices. He's a scam artist by trade but a pathological narcissist by nature. Mike has burned every bridge and instead of apologizing to people who could help, he just starts flinging shit and playing the matyr.

Sounds like it will happen, but will be a shitshow. The only staff left are the people who feel sorry for him or are sycophants. He's stuck with no on but promoted his girlfriend to 2nd in command and was talking shit about every person who managed to escape his failure.
>>
>>8705209
>The only staff left are the people who feel sorry for him or are sycophants.
Plus a few who actually care about the con itself and want to try to make it decent. Not that I think they'll succeed, mind you, but not everyone left on staff is still there just because they're sucking Mike's dick.
>>
Man I was there when Newcon was first in its planning stages. Then shit happened, left the scene for a while for my own reasons, and I've come back to the mess that is this shit. And really, I'm not surprised one bit it went this south.
>>
Damn, the whole thing really sucks. I was excited to have a con in Portland that wasn't all western but I guess the wait continues.

How many people have actually bought badges? My friends and I thought about it but there's just too much shit surrounding it.
>>
>>8706342
Well there's still Kumori I think? Though I heard they were moving their dates from labour day to something else.
>>
>>8706351
Oh shit you're completely right. Honestly, I forgot about Kumoricon's move to the convention center. Newcon being questionable hurts less now.
>>
Newcon doesn't have a business license anymore so they're operating illegally.
>>
>>8708353
Oh shit
>>
>>8705209
What is it with all the crooked con heads named Mike?
>>
fuk i have an aa table, i really need this to fire cause i need cashhhhh
>>
>>8706133
Touché, though from the sounds of things those people dwindle by the day. Hope you're ready for the Zach marsh sporkbot benzin circle jerk con
>>
>>8708410
My friend has an AA table as well

Wonder if the pdx lolitas will attempt another fashion show?

We got discounted parking last year, but only if we bought a badge. Lame as fuck
>>
>>8708823
Pdx lolitas are trying to get Japanese guests apparently, that's what I've heard at least. Too bad they'll never get paid or reimbursed and will refuse to come to Portland ever again.
>>
I heard that every single person who's involved in Newcon actually has an unholy sigil signifying their dark commitment tattooed on their body, but they all have it in a hidden place so that you can't tell until it's too late. Mike's is hidden on the bottom of his foot. Have you ever seen the bottom of his foot? Yeah, I thought so... Pretty fishy, if you ask me.

Furthermore, I heard that "Zach Marsh" of "Zachary Marsh and the Anime Hunters" (not his real name, nor has he ever really hunted anime) had to actually cut off a human baby's arm with a machete and eat it in front of Mike in order to gain his position at the con. And he just did it, too. No hesitation. Zach is rarely seen without his glasses but behind his eyes, he is dead and soulless.

I don't want to have to call out Sporkbot, but I do know that he has engaged in drug trafficking in Colombia in order to help finance Newcon and that kind of cartel activity RUINS lives, so... yeah. Not great.

I don't know who Benzin is but that name screams "actual time traveling German Nazi from World War II" and I'm pretty sure he has blonde hair and blue eyes, so you do the math.

Definitely not supporting this con full of shitty people.
>>
>>8710157
Would you be willing to testify to all this in a court of law? Asking for a friend
>>
>>8710161
Absolutely. I have the receipts and the evidence and I'm ready to blow the top off of all of the scandal and treachery surrounding this debauched shitshow.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x324px
I can confirm that I do have a dark sigil located on my body. We are among you.
>>
>>8710157
How did you know?
>>
>>8710157
Don't forget the blood rites of the actual convention. Every night they have to sacrifice a virgin in the basement to insure the life con.

Except last year, Mike sacrificed a line of coke instead of a con goer.
>>
>>8711691
40 replies 20 posters. It's so obvious.

Too bad white knights can't cover up the fact that he straight-up stole $3k from someone plus Newcon is operating illegally.
>>
>>8712219

They've been operating illegally since before Newcon Mini. If they even had 501c7 status to begin with and that wasn't a lie Mike cooked up, you can't operate a charity in Oregon without a full board. Newcon Mini took place right after the mass exodus when everyone found out that Mike was skimming off the top of his renters.
>>
akicon is better
>>
>>8713213

That's like asking if you'd like to get stabbed or shot.
>>
>>8713213
>>8713266
Thankfully Kumo is in position to kill Aki next year.
>>
From what I have heard/seen... Newcon is going down. This *will* be the last year. Don't give them a single penny, if you are running an event that requires newcon in any way to invest? DON'T.

I have heard from lots of different sources (ex-roomates, screwed over ex-treasurer, staff, and exibitors...) that Mike is sleezy times.

The lolitas were warned, but they didn't heed... so any negative impact this has on their community is a 'I told you so' situation.

Lucky for everyone the current leadership for Kumo is pretty top grade, they really want to make and are already putting tons of effort into Making Kumoricon 2016 (Halloween at the Convention Center) a High Tier event.
>>
>>8713415
As a pdx lolita, I won't participate in the lolita fashion show this year, I won't buy a badge at all. I won't support this con at all
>planning on ghosting the con in a literal ghost costume
>>
>>8713423
I hope the organizer Lolita does not get screwed over financially because of this, she can't afford to shoulder any giant bills

Good idea to skip this year, I really enjoyed last years Fashion Show, maybe we can get one at Kumo this year!
>>
>>8713433
Last year's was a lot of fun! I enjoyed myself personally!

I agree, she can't afford it. But honestly, I don't think anyone would listen to me about this, especially if I said my source was cgl.

I just won't participate, I already plan on going, but only because I have friends going that I miss seeing

It would be great if we could do something at Kumoricon! I would definitely be down
>>
Popcorn.gif

Gotta ghost this shit should be too good to miss

God I hope I can see mikes girlfriend throw a tantrum when she realizes he's skipped town halfway through the convention
>>
>>8713213
Lol jokes
>>
>>8713423
Ghosting or not still shows Mike that people will still come to his shows. If you hate it, don't fucking go. Have your own thing elsewhere.
Idiots.
>>
>>8714511
That's true
I'm only going because my photog is going and I scheduled a shoot with him
>>
>>8714528
>reschedule
>>
Debating ghosting in hopes of capitalizing on something immense. This is amounting to similar levels of lulz like the last year of Mewcon.
>>
>>8714738
I'm not shooting at the con or buying a badge at all
We're doing a shoot at his hotel, so no money will be going to the con itself
>>
>>8713433
There's two girls running the fashion show and they both know about all of this, feel free to ask them.
>>
>>8715014
Even more reason not to do the fashion show
If I had know about this last year, I wouldn't have walked
>>
We should just find out where the party room is going to be and then just trash it to spite mike.

Bonus points if someone finds his coke and makes him watch someone flush it all down the toilet.
>>
>>8714987
See previous
Congrats on still not getting it
>>
>>8715607
Care to explain? I'm a bit slow, obviously.

I'm not staying at that hotel, but another one in Portland, the photog isn't buying a badge, neither am I.

It just happens to fall on the same weekend as Newcon, so why should I cancel? It's just a photoshoot somewhere in Portland, that has nothing to do with Newcon besides the same date

I might just end up swinging by to say hello to some old friends that will be attending
>>
>>8713433
They haven't invested anything that they could lose/get screwed over for so even if newcon crashes and burns it will be fine. I think they are already working with Kumoricon but I could be wrong...
>>
>>8715794

I know a lot of Kumoricon's board and from conversations I've had, they want newcon to burn
>>
>>8713415
Thanks kumo shill
>>
>>8715800
I don't blame them after all the shit they gave newcon for free
>>
>>8715800
Oh man the shit they endured just to have Mike turn around and slander their con to anyone who would listen. He's the textbook definition of a narcissist.
>>
>>8714980
What exactly happened with mewcon?
>>
>>8716751
They made the con 17+ but half the con didn't require a badge and it was in a hotel all the way by the airport. Barely anyone bought a badge and there were still teenagers everywhere ghosting.
>>
>>8717094
rip poolcon
>>
Anyone going to the meeting today?
>>
>>8719139
I had completely forgotten until FB decided to remind me. I was stunned at the # of people 'Going'
>>
>>8715800
It's easy, just let them continue as they are
>>
>>8719189
I thought there were like 8 people "going"? Definitely not a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
I attended and they announced the mascot.
>>
>>8720789
Good on them for being culturally open and having a black man as their mascot
>>
>>8720789
What's the mascot?
>>
>>8720808
>>8720791
>>8720789
>>
>>8720808
>>8720791
>>8720789

There you go.
>>
I feel like I'm missing the joke.
>>
File: cocacola_by_mega_ne-d6ugzmd.jpg (198KB, 1024x1409px) Image search: [Google]
cocacola_by_mega_ne-d6ugzmd.jpg
198KB, 1024x1409px
>>8720808
>>
>>8720789
What a train wreck
>>
Does anyone know if the guests are still going? I can't find a mention of newcon on any of their social media. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out and Mike is still saying they are guests to get more money then will announce the cancelation a day before con.
>>
>>8728059
Last I heard one of the guests had to be reassured by Mike after Meepy's crusade of butthurt. They're going to be mad when Mike isn't at the con to pay them.
>>
>>8730235
Beat that dog deader than dead, Meepy
>>
>>8705008
Send over those updates
>>
Someone's trying really hard to put this thread down. You mad, Mike?
>>
Curious why a bunch of comments were deleted?
>>
>>8735175

Only one because bitch got caught
>>
>>8735197
Do tell
>>
guys please just let the thread die, bitch to each other over facebook since the two of you so obviously know each other.
>>
>>8735527
There's more than 2 people in this thread.

Anyways because of this thread Mike is scrambling to prove he renewed the business license for Newcon because a bunch of people involved found this thread. Considering he's forged legal documents before, it wouldn't surprise me if he's completely lying to keep people on his side.
>>
Any chance we could take this to the farm?
>>
>>8735707
I like potatoes
>>
>>8735527
Hi Mike
>>
>>8735402
>>8735430

No, someone's trying to push the thread off the board by making new dumb threads.
>>
>>8735402
A bunch of comments about him cheating on his gf with her friend were deleted. I'm pretty sure it was just straight-up lies though, and I don't like people dragging others into this and making it personal drama.

So, back on topic of Newcon.
Were all the previous guests paid? Meepy says she was paid finally but she was also the most vocal. I know the person who covered the missing plane tickets + hotel rooms hasn't been paid back, and that's about $3k. Who else is owed money from this con?
>>
>>8737309
I think for the most part the guests fron last year are paid. The staff probably hasn't been reimbursed for what they put in yet. And I don't know if they flat out stiffed the guy that gave them the karaoke equipment or not.
>>
>>8737507

To the best of my knowledge people who spent money on their departments up front were reimbursed after Newcon Mini, though I know a few that haven't. I was, but that doesn't mean much since Mike caused my department a lot of shit.
>>
Did the cosplay contest winners ever get their prizes?
>>
>>8737884
I heard yes, and I've also heard no
>>
>>8736927
I've noticed a LOT of duplicate threads lately and was wondering about it. I can see Mike trying to rally what little friends he has to attempt to bury any drama.
>>
>>8737884
>>8737890
I'm interested in finding out about this if anyone else has info
>>
>>8737973
Also, shit was blacked out to leave out 3rd parties. Date is Day/Month/Year
>>
>>8737884
>>8737890
I've only heard no, but I can't say I've asked the winners personally. Tempted to now.
>>
>>8737884

The majority have to some degree or another but they were also stiffed parts of the stated prize packages. A couple people were handed cash equivalents to their prizes at Sakuracon, which is kinda shady but not illegal so far as I know, but others are still waiting.
>>
>>8737973
You are not authorized to share this regardless of blacked out information, former treasurer.
>>
>>8738576
Its too bad the former treasurer lost email access before this was sent. Nice try Mike. Try someone closer to you next time.
>>
>>8738576
>>8738579
Fucking lol, everyone who I (used to) know who was involved with Newcon was constantly trying to pin everything on the same couple guys when actually everyone except the ones directly involved in the con want to take it down
>>
>>8738576
You're not authorized to be a back stabbing weasel, but here you are.
>>
>>8739040
Topkek
>>
Mike isn't even reading this
>>
>>8739170
Ok Mike
>>
To be fair.....the wcs is a shit pile vulture as much as pdx is. They want a free ride and karma got them.
>>
>>8740731
Is WCS owed anything? They're not involved with the plane tickets and hotel thing, someone uninvolved with them lent the money.
>>
So has anyone received proof that the business license was renewed? Or is the entire con staff still being strung along?
>>
>>8705008
>this fucking thread.
>>
>>8741357
no proof of a renewed business license yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 750x891px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 750x891px
Mods are deleting posts again but they're shitty and distracting from the actual thread. I'm glad the thread isn't deleted at least.

Also I guess people are noticing the lack of business license.
>>
>>8741860
O_o
>>
>>8741860
Oh shit
>>
I'm honestly surprised mike didn't delete that thread.
>>
>>8741860
Mike's trying to do damage control on that post. I wonder how much of what he's saying is the truth.
>>
He's saying that it was "an oversight" and that actually it's not expired, it's being processed, it's not their fault etc. I've heard from multiple people that he's told them he has the a new license, not sure why he's changing his story now.
>>
Because he can't keep a story straight.
>>
File: NewconIsDead.jpg (119KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
NewconIsDead.jpg
119KB, 1050x591px
>>8741989
>>
>>8741989
Also none of the other staff seems to know what's going on in that thread.
>>
>>8738579
k, mario
>>
Holy shit this thread is still here.
>>
I've heard that someone is running a panel that's innocent by description but is really going to be an hour PowerPoint of all the shady shit Mike has done.
>>
>>8741860
Please post comments for record keeping reasons
>>
>>8742179
I heard that someone is going to be an innocent con chair but is going to be states away with a new name and all Newcon's money by Day 0.
>>
I love the fact that everyone posts shit about Mike, and talks about how he'd slander people.
But no one mentions that they'd gossip right along with him.
I'd hear everyone talk behind each others back, but now they all act like he's the only one who did it.
>>
Something that's been eating away at me for a little while:

I've got a newer con friend I met through some other friends of mine, and she seems really nice and totally inviting. However, some of our mutual friends said that she's staff (I'm pretty sure, there's a chance she's just a volunteer though) for Newcon, and from what she says, everything is fine and running smoothly. Which is a stark contrast to this thread.

I guess I'm wondering what your guys' opinion on it is? Is this thread a bit exaggerated via salty gulls milking drama? Or is my friend blind to what's happening/in cahoots with Mike? She doesn't strike me as someone very high up on the staff hierarchy.

Of course, I've never been to Newcon before, either, so everything I know is from the threads on cgl. I'm just wondering how much I should take what she says seriously.

>sage for probably OT
>>
>>8742705
Staff doesn't know about the issues on the board typically. I lot of these issues were across the con board. If you look at the people mainly involved, it was those who worked directly under him. When I was on the board, I never disclosed the shit going down to my staff.
>>
>>8742669
He wasn't the only one gossiping but he was the instigator and the one who made up stories. He would figure out a personality flaw someone had and then make up a story exaggerating that flaw so that other people who had witnessed more minor things the person had done would say "oh yeah there was this one time they did this.." and it would validate his story and make the person seem like a total creep. No one believed he would lie to them so they genuinely thought they were being warned about someone's behavior and things would spread from there. The way he did it was masterful. I know a lot of people were uncomfortable with the gossiping but it's really hard to argue with the loudest voice in the room, and everyone who did ended up as a target later on.
>>
>>8742826
His lies about one of the good people in the community nearly drove that person to suicide.
>>
>>8742826
He is a major gossiper. He loves to spread lies and half truths. I had a falling out, but decided to give him a second chance because all my friends were still good with him. I still kept him at arms length and didn't trust him with anything I didn't want getting out, but I sincerely wish I hadn't even done that.
>>
File: 1438292116743.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1438292116743.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8742615
>>8742179
>>
Thanks for the warning... But seeing how this thread continues to diverge off topic and onto gossiping about this one guy, it's hard to see how any of you are more trustworthy or any different than he is.

Bummer if any of it's true but I'm guessing based on past evidence that none of this is gonna affect the average con goer's experience and whatever bullshit goes on behind closed doors can stay there. Looks like everyone who needed to be paid previous years was and everything is going forward for best year, so worrying seems like a waste of time.

Seems like a better idea to just have a good time at the con than get wrapped up into old vendettas and politics...
>>
>>8742179

Do continue.
>>
>>8743510
>needed to be paid previous years was
Nope, not everyone. For saying you're keeping up with these threads you sure missed a lot.
>>
>>8743537
They're right though.
With all the drama that's gone down, and claims that Mike's going to get sued / arrested / whatever, a whole lot of nothing has happened to back that up.

Sure, a lot of personal drama has happened.
Tons of "he said, she said."
Many staff and people personally involved have left the con, and banded together against Mike.
But so far, Newcon's still trying to get by.

So we'll see if it makes a substantial difference for the average congoer who's unaware of the rest of the drama.
>>
Average congoers are finding out about Newcon not having a business license, something that was first discussed here. I think people are noticing weird things happening and questioning it. I think it's only just starting.
>>
When he tries saying that all vendors have been paid, someone needs to ask him what vendors specifically. Give us the names of the companies so that we can verify they are real and will corroborate his story. Just saying "everything has deposits don't worry about it" isn't helping mikes credibility. If anything it just sounds like the bizarre and vague alibis he is known for weaving, like his fake "event planning" business he pretended to run. Didn't someone say he claimed to be paying for all of this with a convenient inheritance at a meeting? What has come of that?
>>
>>8743984
Call the hotel and see if it's paid. Other than that the vendors should be paying Newcon. Unless you're referring to guests?
>>
>>8744501
things like audio/visual rentals, pipe and drape, stanchions, transport, guest accommodations, signage, off season storage, etc.

If he really intends for this convention to happen, rentals or arrangements for these types of things must be booked and verifiable by now. If they're not booked or he refuses to name a specific company/individual.... well then there's nothing to corroborate his insistence that everything is on track. That would be a pretty obvious sign that he's just peddling smoke and mirrors.

The lack of a business license is disgraceful, and the way he browbeats anyone who questions him makes it all even more suspect.... BUT if he has actually made arrangements for physical items through a third party, then there will probably be a con. He's still a prick but hopefully he's not intending to rip off thousands of pre-teens and misfit highschoolers.
>>
>>8744841
I don't think he's beyond that at this point. He'll probably up and leave, completely disconnect from everyone and start a new 'identity'.
>>
>>8745472
He already kind of did once after what he did to us in his old larp community
>>
Higher up at akicon reporting in.

I just heard the Pelhams might buy the rights to newcon for a five-figure amount.
>>
>>8746092
I doubt that
>>
>>8746092
This is the single funniest sentence I have ever read
>>
>>8746092
Yeah, $5
>>
>>8746092
>akicon
>having money
kek
>>
>>8746092
Oh man how's it going Tyrone?
>>
>>8746092
He refused to sell to KumoriCon so why would he sell to Aki?
>>
I don't believe a single word of all this slander. If any of you cares to actually step forward with any proof or evidence of even 1 of these bullshit claims, I might acknowledge that. But you're all just a bunch of mad weeaboos that don't like someone whos working their ass off to make a convention happen and lying through your fucking teeth to try and ruin him.
Prove me wrong. Get one single real guest that's not some stupid bullshit cosplayer to come forward and say they didn't get paid. You can't do it, because you're all a bunch of petty liars
>>
>>8747345
Kira Buckland. Mike tried to claim that she lost her check. She finally got paid the same time Meepy did. There are two others that didn't make a fuss about it that haven't been paid yet.
>>
>>8747345
Good to know you don't care about cosplayers, Mike. How does it feel that it's all unraveling and there's nothing you can do about it?
>>
May be missing some things but a summary I have so far.

>Newcon 3 executives told to book room in newcon exec block, chair calls hotel and takes them out
>Meepy, VA, DJ, and Karaoke don’t get paid for Newcon 3
>cosplay contests winners don’t get prizes
>WCS gets stiffed
>3 huge guests booked for Newcon 4
>Meepy starts to post on facebook about being stiffed
>some cosplay contest winners get part of the prize, some cash. Some get gift certificates that have been used.
>claims that WCS is taking Chair to court
>Some execs quit
>Remaining demand audit
>Chair says he will get early inheritance to pay guests, never comes
>Chair’s old roommate pays for deposit for Newcon 4 despite not being staff
>Chair gives excuses for not getting audit done
>More execs quit
>Meepy posts online article and asks people to call Mini con hotel
>Minicon moves to a new hold a week before event
>After mini con Meepy and VA gets paid
>WCS won case (may be off on this timeline)
>At Kumo newcon execs are told there is a paid room for newcon execs, they were unable to get it
>one more exec quits after Kumo
>Business license is expired and community learns of it.
>>
>>8747545
Kira Buckland admitted herself that she lost the check though?
>>
>>8747657
She lost the first one, but when never received a second after she was told there was a new one sent.
>>
>>8747812
Yes this is true. But iirc, she has been paid now.
>>
>>8747607

One correction to this is that, as I recall, the DJ did NC3 for free as a favor and the only person who was saying he didn't get paid was Meepy.

Also there was a sex dungeon in one of the otherwise-unoccupied staff rooms, but I have literally no way of proving that claim because I was only shown the pictures on another person's phone and never had them in my possession.
>>
>>8747964
I heard there was one DJ shorted $100 but got paid eventually and the others did the event for free.
>>
>>8747345
I have pictures of legal documents if you'd like them, I just need to block out some info.
>>
>>8743597
>going to get sued

Wow, you're slow.
>>
File: ADOLLAH.png (396KB, 725x307px) Image search: [Google]
ADOLLAH.png
396KB, 725x307px
>>8746092

Too bad, I outbid them.
>>
>>8747345
in b4 whiny crybaby meepy
boohoo, she's not meeting her daily attention quota
>>
>>8748136
So they can be deleted again? Okay.
>>
>>8748552
Is it against policy to post that sort of stuff?
>>
>>8749084
>4. You will not post or request personal information
>>
>>8743597
This anon gets it, the circlejerkin' on cgl has no affect on if an event succeeds or fails when a majority of the participants aren't part of the super secret seagull club.
>>
>>8749084
So you're one of those who never reads any rules or Agreement Terms anywhere, then gets mad later about getting booted, right?
>>
>>8749831
Yup. That's me.
>>
>>8708357
It's an extremely common white guy name
>>
Im just going for the ballpit in Mike's suite
>>
>>8751362
You meant coke pit, right?
>>
Part of me hopes that the con goers at least get something decent (hopefully hilarious) out of this convention.
>>
>>8753333
You must be new
>>
>>8754011
New....con?
Newcon! We're back on track.
>>
>>8754540
Too bad the con is off the rails. Also, all the local guests they announced are shit.
>>
I just noticed that they removed any indication of Crispin Freeman still being a guest this year.
>>
>>8755213
No loss either way.
>>
Mister Creepypasta will be a guest this year
>>
>>8756180
Who?
>>
>>8756379
Mister Creepypasta
He does dramatic readings of creepypasta on YouTube, has over 1 million subs

I wasn't aware creepypastas were even still a thing
>>
>>8756394
2spooky
>>
>>8756394
Good quality guests.
>>
It's a month to con and they are still trying to sell badges cheaply.

That doesn't bode well for their financial situation.
>>
>>8759587
Still claiming Baker and Blum as guests too. I was expecting them to silently remove references to them like with >>8755213
>>
File: image.png (198KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198KB, 750x1334px
Just showed up as a sponsored post on Facebook.
>>
>>8759612
Anyone know if they'll be there? Honestly they're my only reason to get a badge.
>>
>>8759776
Bet you they are also having difficulty making the number of nights for their room block. If they don't get that, they are absolutely fucked, as they have to pay for those unclaimed nights.
>>
>>8760018
Tweet at them and ask if they're still going?
>>
>>8759776
Ohh wowie such big guests.
Slow clap
>>
>>8761541
This con is gonna be a train wreck.
>>
>>8760153

I wouldn't be surprised, nobody in my department is staying in the hotel. We're all commuting. We all know how fucking sketch the con's gotten and we don't want to be there when the collection tin gets passed around Dashcon-style.
>>
I'm now hearing Mike is screening panels because of an earlier comment here.
>>
>>8764673
He's trying to weed out the people who don't trust him/know what's going on but the problem is EVERYONE knows.
>>
File: allpostersaresameposter.jpg (48KB, 735x458px) Image search: [Google]
allpostersaresameposter.jpg
48KB, 735x458px
>this thread is still here.
>>
>>8765408
What an astute fucking observation. Would you like a gold star?
>>
>>8765408

You sure solved that mystery for us. Congrats.
>>
In other news, talked with a former staffer last night. It's just as bad internally as a lot of people think. Apparently a majority of the staff are jumping ship after the con.

It also was confirmed to me that the con is in fact hurting in hotel room nights.

Don't expect a newcon 5.
>>
I'm only on staff so I can see how shitty this con is first hand. I didn't even go to the last staff meeting. This guy is such a joke, I wonder if he knows all the staff is laughing behind his back.
>>
>>8767249
He's so paranoid, if he doesn't know he's probably thinkin it
>>
>>8767974
He's probably thinking about which corner of the country will be best for him to disappear in.
>>
>>8767249
GG
>>
Mike is posting about newcon 5 already. Doesn't he realizes that his staff is desperately looking for volunteers for this year because of the hole he dug. There won't be a newcon 5
>>
>>8768987
Agreed
I'm gonna be in Portland and just gonna visit friends and maybe set up a Photoshoot somewhere in the area since photogs will be there
>>
Wow this sounds like such a mess, I almost want to go and watch the disaster a la Dashcon
>>
>>8768987
He's posting it as misdirection. He knows full well there isn't going to be a fifth con. He's more focused on an exit strategy from the con and leaving its smoldering ruins in the hands of the people left on the executive board. He doesn't care what happens at this point.
>>
So is anyone actually going to this?
>>
>>8770792
Nah, I'll likely pass entirely, unless I can just go up one night or morning to visit friends in their room.
>>
>>8770792
I might go just to watch it burn.
>>
>>8770792
Yeah, I have an AA booth so I'll be there with a friend.
>>
>>8770792
Yes
>>
Really, if Aki-con can keep getting attendees with the bullshit surrounding that con, this one will have plenty attending. Cosplayers like to congregate and don't care all that much about management drama.
>>
>>8772391
Bitches don't care about shit, fuckers still get the monies.
Bitches don't know how to properly boycott.
>>
>>8772391
I think the majority of the Portland cosplay scene specifically hates Mike, and trust me they can hold a grudge.

Btw I still have desperate sponsored ads popping up on my Facebook begging for people to buy tickets and hotel rooms.
>>
>>8772872
>Btw I still have desperate sponsored ads popping up on my Facebook begging for people to buy tickets and hotel rooms.

If you really want to fuck with him click on the ads. Especially the ones that are ads for likes. Click on them all, LIKE the page, and then unlike it. He'll get charged by Facebook for your click/like but will gain nothing from it.
>>
>>8772914
Oh fuck you're absolutely right. I've been getting them really often, but I'll start clicking them every time now.
>>
I'm hearing Mike is banning people from con he doesn't like/is talking shit about the con. Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>8773781
Why not try it yourself?
>>
>>8773781
Why is he banning people who aren't going to go...?
>>
>>8774591
My guess is to make him feel like the alpha dog he's so desperately tried to be all these years.
>>
File: 2015-12-20 12.38.50.png (336KB, 1042x932px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20 12.38.50.png
336KB, 1042x932px
An "influx of ticket sales" right.
>>
>>8774905
I was literally coming to post this. Because their problem is definitely selling too many tickets...
>>
>>8774905
>influx
>extend

pick 1 mikey
>>
>>8774905
I mean if you sell zero and then sell one, that is an influx.
>>
Okay, just got this email concerning NewCon pre-registration (an increasingly-regrettable decision).

The photo documents the entirety of my registration process (from the Kumoricon 'raincheck' pre-registration, to ticket purchase, to today's 'registration confirmation' email).

In what world does this make sense? Does this look right to anyone? Because it sure seems like the cash-grab this event is being painted as.
>>
>>8775508
>leaving names, doe
>>
>>8775508
What's happening here
>>
Bought tickets, now being emailed as if I didn't. Being asked to "finish covering the cost" of something that has already been paid is weird to me.
>>
>>8775684
Wait, so you paid $35 each for two tickets and they're saying you owe $30?
>>
>>8775687
That's how I read it. Which doesn't really make any sense to me.
>>
>>8775687
Paid $35/ticket, then told I was locked into the $30 tier yet still have something more "to finish paying". Nope, don't get it.
>>
>>8775689
Classic Newcon
>>
>>8775508
Looks like an automated email that probably shouldn't have been sent to people who finished paying already
>>
>>8775707
Could be the con actually needing the money.
>>
>>8775508
Fyi Alex totes quit
>>
>>8776434
Shades of dash con much?
>>
>>8777159
Who is Alex?
>>
>>8777454
Shades of come up with a better comparison
>>
>>8747345
So are you Mike or his girlfriend Jordan? Seeing as how she constantly defends him, my money is on Jordan.
>>
>>8746092
If he sells out to them, he will lose whatever respect from people he might've had left.
>>
>>8777861
Jordan for sure. Mike can't spell or use proper grammar.
>>
>>8777874
Like he has any at this point.
>>
>>8777874
From who?

The Congoers who don't give a fuck?

I want to see him sell it and see how low Newcon can go. Also, I can assure you that Newcon is not worth 5 figures.
>>
>>8747345
>Real Guest
>Meepy was an invited guest.
>Kira also had a ton of issues getting her money, she was an invited VA guest.
>They didn't pay the DJ, he did send them an invoice.
>Convention Staff dumped a lot of their own money and took forever getting paid back
>Mike even admitted in the public RP letter a lot of this shit happened
kek
>>
>>8777874
>will lose

You're quite late on that.
>>
>>8747345
5 minute google search and looking on official page saves lives and your idiocy
>>
>>8781476
You can't fix stupid.
>>
>>8782277
What is wrong with you?
>>
seriously, block names out. We want the con and Mike to burn but stop compromising identities of perfectly good people.
>>
>>8783603
They'll ruin themselves anyways. Play by the rules and it's still possible, kids. No one has any legal right for doxxing
>>
>>8783603
It's also a great way to get the thread deleted.

Any new info on the con?
>>
>>8783736
>Any new info on the con?
>>8768622
>>
>>8784262
Feel free to dump the chat logs. I'm sure we'd eat those up
>>
I feel like it's Mike posting these doxxing pics in an attempt to burn this thread.
>>
>>8784853
Can't get rid of a thread, just the comments.
>>
>>8784853
Well his attempts at rallying his sla- friends to make shitty threats and push this out didn't work either.
>>
I'm now getting a newcon commercial as a promoted post on Facebook. How desperate are they?
>>
What the fresh heck is going on?
>>
Lol the mods must be working for this con.
>>
>>8785398
I've heard a lot of dumb things here, but that's a really dumb assumption.
>>
>>8785398
Mike is probably whining to the mall ds though. He's always the victim, don't you know that? He's infallible.
>>
Newcon Schedule is up on their Facebook Page.
>>
>>8786878
I looked through the program, it just looks like a circle jerk of his friends.
>>
>>8787091
That's because all the people who actually bring good content to cons he's either shunned or don't want anything to do with him.
>>
>>8786878
That cringe promo video
>>
>>8787244
"acting"
>>
>>8787252
This is where reg money is going to?
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 282x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 282x624px
>>8787257
>>
One VA guest dropped out
>>
>>8788004
>Captcha
>no links
>no announcement
>>
>>8788022
lol at the captcha bit
>>
There wasn't an official announcement on FB. Few people questioned why 3 VA guest turned into now 2...Mike just replied one dropped out.

Capt. Cha!
>>
>>8788791
So no proof. Okay.
>>
File: _20151230_135039.jpg (87KB, 1080x569px) Image search: [Google]
_20151230_135039.jpg
87KB, 1080x569px
>>8788791
>>8788944
>>8788004
>>
>>8789115
How can a post that was never made get buried michael?
>>
So they still don't have a business license, btw. It's "Business Entry Status" is Inactive.
>>
>>8789758
None of you know what it means anyways since none of you have done it. This gets posted so much, I don't believe any of you.
>>
>>8789821
It means he doesn't have a license to operate as a business (convention) at the hotel. Fuck off, Jordan.
>>
>>8789821

And it's had not to believe when you google "Oregon Business Registry" and look up "NEWCON" on the site
>>
Has anyone actually done the business registration before and knows what they're talking about?
>>
>>8789995
You can look up the business license of companies online because it's public information. What part of this don't you understand?
>>
File: pzv5j7l.jpg (77KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
pzv5j7l.jpg
77KB, 666x499px
>>8790027
>>
>>8790033
Okay then care to explain? Otherwise I'm going to think you're a spergy Newcon defender with no actual defense of the con.
>>
>>8790033
Pretty sure when a business license says "INA" (Which means "Inactive" if you look real quick) it means the business license is INACTIVE. Which means it's not able to operate.

Other cons, like Kumoricon (which is operated by the Business Altonimbus Entertainment) has a current Business License and is kept up to date.

Business License = You can take money and provide a service

No Business License = You can't.
>>
....and now they are ripping off people's original content of people who aren't coming. Fuck this con.
>>
>>8790284
There are other licenses you can run a convention with
>>
>>8790304
you talking about the panel thing?
>>
>>8790304
One of the people who hosted it the past few years is hosting it this year though.
>>
>>8790575
If you're a non-profit. Newcon is explicitly a for-profit convention. Even if most of those profits are going up Mike's nose.
>>
Is anyone planning a meet up?
>>
>>8790967
No one's going, man.
>>
>>8790788
but do you know that if you are not part of top staff
>>
>>8791081
We get it Mike, you're trying to say it's gossip. If you have these answers then just make an announcement and say so. Except you can't because this is all true and you're mad people are dropping the con more the longer this thread us up.
>>
Is the Newcon lolita fashion show happening? J/W I didn't apply for it. I only went last year for the fashion show, never went to Newcon though. I don't really understand what's going on. How come Laura isn't arranging the show?
>>
Happy new fuck off year, bitches!
>>
tell the truth, you guys are boycotting this con becuase you all heard I was going
>>
>>8791123
Yes it's happening and the girl you mentioned is one of two girls running it.
>>
>>8710180
kek lol
>>
Most of the people boycotting this are drama cows so I don't know what to trust. I'll probably go like one day.
>>
File: PleaseGiveNewconMoney.png (24KB, 495x253px) Image search: [Google]
PleaseGiveNewconMoney.png
24KB, 495x253px
Here's an Update to the Newcon page.
>>
Does anybody really know ?
>>
>>8791993
To be fair, that just looks like a standard promotion update.

Seems like a fair bunch of ya'll have beef with the organizer as individuals, which is probably true. But instead of sueing him or whatever you're just complaining on /cgl/ which makes no one look good.
>>
>>8791537
More like it's all the people "Tyrone" has personally fucked over.
>>
>>8792302
*suing
>>
Good lord you are all liars. This con is running fine. Stop attacking everyone who runs it.
>>
>>8793171
The only person being attacked is Mike. He's a legitimate sociopath and a thief. Most others helping run the con just want a good convention to bridge the gap between Kumori and Sak in the Northwest.

Mike, do yourself a favor and step down. Let someone else be head of the con and save what little face you may have left.
>>
>>8793294
Great idea. Give mike one more chance to completely fuck somebody over financially
>>
>>8793674
I would hope the remaining execs, albeit still on a sinking ship, know better then to to take this convention after this year.
>>
>>8794567
They unfortunately have it in their head that they can save the con.
>>
>>8793294
No, you're attacking everyone who runs this con with out any proof.
>>
Maybe they can...?
>>
>>8797678
You're not making sense. No one is attacking everyone else from what you're quoting.
>>
>>8798750

Bye, Mike
>>
>>8795962
If they get rid of Mike then it's good. Pretty much everyone I know is boycotting purely because Mike keeps fucking people over.
>>
Nope, not affiliated with newcon whatsoever. Just sad hearing things go downhill.
>>
>>8705008
One of my best friends is actually the creator of this con. It's happening in 2 weeks and I'm kinda excited to go. It's small, its cozy, only real complaint is the average of people there, and the price. It's almost as much as Sakuracon. There's gonna be a handful of cool larp stuff there this year.
>>
>>8798903
I posted this without reading the thread first...
But anywho, y-yeah....
>>
Oh we autosage soon?
>>
>>8798874
>can't into how board works

Keep trying, Mike
>>
Oh my god, you are so right!
>>
>>8798903
So how does it feel to be a future fraud victim?
>>
Newcon is getting closer...
>>
>>8801217
Time tends to do that.
>>
I wonder how understaffed the convention is right now. I've seen a lot of 'recruitment posts' floating around Facebook.
>>
I also love how mike is lying about attendee numbers. There is no way over 1,000 people were at that shitshow last year.
>>
>>8803101
I dunno there were a lot of homestars there for rufio
>>
>>8803101
Were you actually there? The increase was big it just wasn't kumo levels
>>
New thread >>8805119
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.