[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WIGS GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 30

Didn't see one.

To start the thread what's the word on Arda's Silky fiber? I'm trying out my next purchase but I want a ponytail wig which Arda doesn't have in Silky and their regular fiber is a bitch to untangle.
>>
wtf happened to lockshops mermaid wigs?
>>
File: 1445199771294.jpg (70KB, 541x666px) Image search: [Google]
1445199771294.jpg
70KB, 541x666px
>>8701632
I'm quite the noob when it comes to wigs. Any gull happen to have a list of wig vendors? Any help is appreciated.
>>
Im usually such a tight-ass when it comes to wigs and just cant bring myself to pay more than $20 for one..

Though I just bought this
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-9483729762.5.vb3ad3&id=10592014549
(would love to know if anyone else has it/ reviews)

But also, what are DreamHolics wigs like.. they look stunning in the pics, but are they actually decent/ good quality??
>>
Copying from the dead help thread.

Is there a brand of wig fiber specifically known for not tangling at the back of your neck during the day? I have a long, standard Arda and I'm wondering if I could protect it with a couple rows of some other fiber back there.
>>
>>8701999
Someone posted a review of them in the last thread.
>>
>>8702038
Maybe I'm a weirdo but I usually just cut the very bottom back layers of the wig in short, thin layers. that way they barely tangle and if they do, they're easy to brush out. arda wigs are so thick anyway you can't really tell when you've cut into them like that
>>
>>8702051

Doesn't that just push the problem out onto subsequent wefts?
>>
>>8702043
and? was it good?
>>
>>8701999
link please?
that one is wrong
>>
>>8701999
>>8702089

Derp, https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.Wj8HXo&id=38718312088

>>8702043
Damn.. I missed the last thread entirely..
>>
File: bee.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>8701632
It is shit like that, that really makes me bother going to GLW. All their wigs are easy to untangle and even the ones with curls, if they get tangled they comb out easy, but keep the curls in place since they bounce back so easy. They get a lot of hate, but I'll be damned if I get a long plain wig to wear, or a super curly one, from Arda because I can't untangle that mess.

I will give them kudos on their stiff fibers though. Their wigs are GREAT for styling. This was the first wig I ever styled and it was a no brainer for me to choose Arda for it since I knew their wigs can hold shape super well.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
Anyone have any advice/tutes on how to do more complex spiking for a wig? I am going to make a Joseph cosplay for my bf. I have only ever done long haired girl wigs and am at a bit of a loss. I already have a general idea of how to spike wigs, but am not sure how to get long enough spikes/a part that doesn't show the wefts

Also, if anyone knows where to get larger sized wigs in the style I should use that would be really cool
>>
>>8702038
epic is amazing for not tangling. Arda's new silky line is just like epic fibers. I have no idea about anyone else
>>
Has anyone ordered from Lockshop recently? I placed an order about mid October and it still hasn't been shipped out. I've chucked them a message on both their site and Facebook but I haven't recieved response yet. I wouldn't usually worry about this sort of thing, but I need it for a coord in a few weeks.
>>
>>8702210
So that shit is still going on with Lockshop huh?
They have pretty wigs but I'm put off from ordering because I keep hearing about how she takes a long ass time to ship out.
Over and over and over.
When I sell stuff and can't make my personal deadline, which is shipping within 3 days after receiving payment, I feel like shit and I contact the buyer to apologize that I haven't had the time to send it out yet.
She seems to not care that it takes forever to ship, seriously! It's really unprofessional.
>>
>>8702217
I knew it was bad and I thought I'd given myself enough time, but this is really unprofessional, and literally atrocious.
At this point, I'd like to get a refund so I can get an actual wig that would arrive on time but I'm not getting any response at all. I'm really disappointed as their wigs look stunning, but I don't think I'll ever order from them again.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 750x652px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 750x652px
I'm not sure if this belongs here but I just saw this on Lockshop's fb page and uhhhh ok did the beef with her and John get resolved or what?
>>
>>8702223
Assuming you paid with paypal, file a claim.
Just opening a claim usually prompts a seller to suddenly send out your thing(s).
It's sad it has to come to that though.
>>
>>8701632
What would you call the colour of this wig? It's perfect for one of my next projects (but I don't want to shop at Arda, shipping to Europe is too much)
>>
>>8702234
Holiday matsuri is not AM. He doesnt own the term matsuri.
>>
>>8702217
I believe there are problems that they can't access their depot because it's blocked, so they're shipping out slowly
>>
>>8701954
For cosplay or lolita? I'm not doing anything and willing to spoonfeed today.
>>
>>8702394
That's an explanation that needs to be mailed out personally to the buyers who have been waiting patiently, not as hearsay on 4chan.
Nothing against you, just sayin'
>>
>>8702038
maybe braid the layer of wefts at the back of the wig so they don't tangle? it'll be a small plait and the rest of the fibres will hide it anyway.
>>
>>8701954
Sorry, I meant cosplay. Leaning on the natural side of colours. I'm very new to wigs so I mostly check names or vendors that other anons post (like OP). As far as judging quality, I'm lacking.
>>
>>8702701
meant this reply for >>8702435

polite sage
>>
Can anyone tell me how the wig cap size is for dreamholic? Also, what was the taobao shop that's kind of like them?
>>
Arda Silky sucks
>>
The arda braid buns (buns with the braid around the bottom). Does anyone have any images of them on a wig? Any experiences? I can only find like 1 photo and it's pretty bad quality
>>
>>8702901

Specific complaints? Comparisons to other fibers?
>>
Does anyone have tips on how to put on a wig for people with thick, curly, longish, and frizzy hair? All the tutorials I find are for long hair but with straight hair.

Any tips and tricks would be helpful!.
>>
>>8703122
>Get hair wet
>Braid into 1-4+ tails
>pin braids to head
>Hairspray if you want
>Wig cap
>>
>>8701632

I don't like how boring and flat Epic's colors are. I've heard Arda's Silky fibers have a similar texture to Epic. Do they keep the color variation of the fibers in the Classic line or is it literally the same wig as Epic?
>>
>>8703148
Thanks anon! Will try it tonight and see if it works.
>>
Looking at this wig:

http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/light-brown-pink-lolita-wig-70cm-long-myw-105

Is it worth the money? Other wigs that look the same that ARE worth the money if it's not? I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
I'm new to wigs, but I want to start using them instead of frying my hair. I want to maybe try a light brown/blonde one, but I have no idea where to start/whats good and what isn't. I just kind of want something soft and pretty yet cheap to test out since i have no idea how certain colors will look. Any ideas?
>>
File: Screenshot_10.jpg (113KB, 1424x412px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.jpg
113KB, 1424x412px
>>8701632
Arda Silky has a 30% sale right now. I'm really curious what people think of their silky line. I might get one since they're on sale, and their classic line does tend to tangle.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.jpg (162KB, 1432x804px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.jpg
162KB, 1432x804px
Arda Silky Buttercup Wig Review
>>
>>8702164
Do you want to do it with or without wefts?
>>
>>8703211

I'd spring for one if all of my upcoming characters didn't need either a lace front or giant volume (or both).
>>
>>8703063
Im just comparing it to other arda wigs.It looks way more shiny than the normal, it takes a bit longer to tangle and does a bit better outside but it will still tangle after about half an hour. its not easier to untangle and I found it almost matted more.
>>
>>8703212
Their wigs with parts and skintops look so damn unnatural...
>>
>>8703220
Can you post a picture of the wig you bought?
>>
>>8703293
its not with me now but I can try this weekend
>>
>>8703193
That wig is originally from http://world.taobao.com/item/22598443929.htm . You can see on the bangs where they shopped out the watermark. I can vouch for the original Taobao seller, I own a couple of their wigs and they're very nice, and the wig is half the price ordered directly from them.
>>
>>8701930
They're discontinued while they look for a new supplier.
>>
>>8702394
The problem is that this isn't a new issue. It's been almost 2 years that they've been having problems sending orders, sending people wrong/incomplete orders, not replying to people's emails until they're called out, etc
>>
File: Old School.jpg (19KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
Old School.jpg
19KB, 240x400px
Anybody sell oldschool wigs like this, or will I have to attempt cutting my own?
>>
>>8703440
the term for that style of hair is a hime cut, you should look for hime cut wigs. you can try princess cut too but that might bring up a lot of hime gyaru wigs. probably can find a lot of blunt cut anime ones too.
>>
>>8703391
Can you order directly from them? They ship internationally? I was ordering some some out of stock Taobao stuff from mylolitadress so I figured I'd just buy it there since I don't have a regular shopping service
>>
>>8703215
I am down to try either way, whichever looks best. (it would be cool to know both though)
>>
This might be a longshot, but do any seagulls have a color sample of both Arda's silky and classic styles? I know the colors don't match up exactly for most, but I'm wondering if the white shades actually do because, well, white. The wig I want to make needs both long hair and teasing, so it's a pain in my butt.
>>
Anyone have recommendations for good Aliexpress wig stores? Looking for lolita.
>>
>Arda Silky 30% off

does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?
>>
>>8702701
arda
always arda
>>
>>8704006
No? They clearly want to get their new line into peoples' hands. Everyone is always hesitant to try a new product, so offering it for cheap prompts people to bite the bullet and take the risk, which gets more review and gallery photos posted, which in turn makes second wave people want to buy the product for full price. It sounds like they didn't get as many purchases as they'd wanted during the 20% off sale.
>>
>>8703522
You can use the taobao forwarding service, there's a guide in the taobao thread.
>>
>>8703878
What is Google search
>>
>>8704198
Give me the magic terms you're using then because I sure as heck can't find someone via google who has laid a classic and silky weft in white side by side and taken a photo. The closest I have seen is Arda's stock chart, which is too small and in weird lighting, or reviews of the silky fibers all by their lonesomes. There was a kind anon in a previous thread who compared a few color rings side by side, and showed that most colors do photograph differently, so I'd like to know if this is also the case with white. Dial back the sass a little.
>>
>>8703543
There's two ways. You can either use hair+wefts or you can use form and make definite shapes like that. Google up yami_yugi_wig_tutorial_by_malindachan and use that as a base or this tutorial.
>>
>>8704222
>google search "arda silky classic"
it's literally the first video ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y23fqONQy0
>>
>>8704306
You are still seriously missing what my question actually is. I am not asking for a comparison between silky and classic fibers in general. I am asking for a photo comparison of the COLOR DIFFERENCE between the silky white and the classic white. The classic and silky line have equivalent colors, but most photograph slightly differently due to the difference in fiber types. Thus you probably don't want half your wig made out of classic, and half made out of the "same" color in silky because with many shades it will look like 2 different colors. But white, being white, may be fine so I would like to know if I could get away with this. Please read better.
>>
>>8704306
That wig isn't white...? Anon, are you colorblind or just stupid?
>>
>>8703292
Oh man. Thank gawd those bright yellow and green wigs look natural without them.
>>
>>8704314
>>8704320
Oh man, I'm sorry. I totally glazed over where you said "in white". I'm embarassed. Sorry about that.
>>
File: 0014a02650.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0014a02650.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
Does anyone have ideas on how to store/display your wigs that's cat and wig friendly?

My cat keeps trying to eat my wigs (she loves to chew plastic and elastic) so storing them on wig heads on a shelf isn't an option anymore. I don't have any rooms that I can keep them in with the door shut, either. Right now I have them hanging on the inside of my closet with one of these door hook deals, but it's not ideal because they tend to fall off if you open/shut the door and I have 12 wigs, so they all hang over each other and there's no easy way just to get the one I want.
>>
>>8704397
This seems more like a tempting toy for your cat. Put them into bags if they aren't specially styled and store them in a bin.
>>
>>8704397
The best way to store wigs is inside the plastic bag they came in, with the net they came in

Having them on display will just make them dusty and prone to tangle
>>
>>8704397
I'm in the process of cleaning out and reorganizing my belongings, and with most of my wig stands have broken over the summer, I have all my wigs shoved into plastic bags just siting around.
I Happened to have a small sized version of pic related which found perfectly stored ~10 wigs (in their bags still). It keeps them organized and out of the way while still having their own 'place'.
>>
Does anyone know how to do a slick back hair style with a wig or recommendations? I don't want to use my own hair because I'm black with an afro.

I can post a picture of the character too.
>>
>>8704397
I just put them in ziplocks and have a huge storage tub. Unless your wig has very precarious styling like tons of spike or other hair styling this should be fine.
>>
>>8704568
Some wigs are made for this (the hairline on the front has reversed wefts, so they're meant to be pulled back).
There's also lacefronts.
It really boils down to how important the hairline is (lacefronts should be used for characters with a widow's peak)
You can also alter the hairline yourself if your character has a unique hairline.
>>
>>8701632
I think I've narrowed it down to Arda's silky for an up coming cosplay, but does anyone have first hand experience on what its like to layer one of their wavy wigs? I'm wondering because I'll need to curl some ends to make everything blend in and since its anti-tangle I'm wondering if it'll stick and if the waves will make it hard to cut in the first place
>>
>>8704646
I never altered a hairline before. I'm trying to see if I'm able enough to do something like this on my own. Example is in >>8704004
>>
Has anyone bought the new Coscraft lacefront yet? If so, what is it like?
>>
File: Inigo-050-FRONT-320x480.jpg (26KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Inigo-050-FRONT-320x480.jpg
26KB, 320x480px
does this look like tina fey to anyone else or is it just me?
>>
>>8705479
For that I'd get one of arda's lace fronts and ventilate it to give the correct hairline, it's really not hard, just time consuming. But it definitely gives that extra touch. It's also good if you yourself have an uneven hairline you need to cover.
>>
>>8704314
How about you try and tone down your self-entitlement and bitchiness just a little bit, stop being a cheap ass, and order yourself a color sample for a whopping $0.18 and $0.25 because in reality no one gives 2 shits about your color difference problems except you.
>>
>Lockshop hosting a SPECIAL SALE even though they're behind as fuck on their orders and have multiple standing orders some from a year ago

wow
>>
File: never gunna give you up.jpg (360KB, 588x557px) Image search: [Google]
never gunna give you up.jpg
360KB, 588x557px
>>8705860
Thanks for all your help anon. Last question, would it be cheaper to get it commissioned or to try to use your advice and look up tutorials? I'm not on a strict budget but I'm concerned I might mess up the wig because I'm not that experienced yet.
>>
File: Chii-chobits-9095207-707-768.jpg (128KB, 707x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chii-chobits-9095207-707-768.jpg
128KB, 707x768px
So I'm doing a nice and simple Chii cosplay for Christmas this year, but this means a Chii wig. Which means way more hair that can tangle.

Any tips for /preventing/ tangling? Some one had mentioned coating it before but I'm not entirely sure with what.
>>
I need a wig to cosplay an orange short hair male. Any recommendations? I saw arda wigs and it didn't seem like it was what I was looking for.
>>
>>8706029
>Claiming it's entitlement to ask a wig question in the wigs general thread

I can't order a color sample because I was hoping to order before their silky sale ends this week. Arda's shipping isn't super fast so it wouldn't arrive in time, and I figured hey why not ask CGL if someone has a sample already. Clean the sand out.
>>
>>8707703
This is such a generic question I don't think anyone can give you an answer. Just look at any wig store that stocks orange wigs and see what you like.
>>
Does anyone know how long the 30% off sale for Arda is going to last?
>>
>>8707689
It might be worth it getting someone to help you cut it. I find short hairstyles more difficult to cut than long ones. But for the ventilation? Not really. It's easy to fix if you make mistakes and isn't really a difficult process.
>>
File: Adore.jpg (52KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Adore.jpg
52KB, 640x430px
>>8701632
New to Drag here

Anyone know where I could get something like pic related with more volume?

I assume I would need a Lacefront then another wig on top (maybe 2) but have no idea where to buy (long and full as possible)
>>
Does anyone know of any good sand-colored or dirty blonde wig that's around shoulder length, has twintails and ships to Europe?

I've searched for a while and haven't found shit
>>
>>8708488
Until Thursday according to their FB
>>
>>8708506
Wigisfashion.
>>
File: whichoneforgwen.png (382KB, 820x781px) Image search: [Google]
whichoneforgwen.png
382KB, 820x781px
Which of these wig colors should I get for Spider-Gwen? I kinda prefer the darker one, but grills seems to love white-haired dudes. Planning to pair it with black brows and beard.
>>
Wigs look wonderful on fake heads, but when I put one on, the shape just looks stretched and bad. What do?
>>
File: wig_tangling.jpg (428KB, 1200x533px) Image search: [Google]
wig_tangling.jpg
428KB, 1200x533px
>>8703220
Different anon, but I really like mine. It is shinier than I'd prefer since I bought mine for lolita. But it's nice and thick, and while it does tangle, it doesn't seem to tangle as badly and does detangle pretty quickly compared to other wigs that I own from different places. Usually there's a matted bunch at the nape of the neck, but I only found that the fibers toward the bottom were tangled. I bought the Nina silky.

Pic related. This was the wig taken out of the Ziplock bag I put it in after the last con, so this was after being worn from 8am-11pm. The second is after about 1 minute of running a brush through it. Third is my Lockshop mermaid wig after wearing it for about the same amount of time. It would probably take me about maybe 10-15 minutes to get it nicely detangled after separating it out and carefully combing and tapping out the worst tangles.

I might try the soaking in fabric softener and using talc powder to take the shine out. I really like this wig.
>>
>>8708590
This isn't normal, maybe you have a giant head or are using a tiny Asian wig. Do you have a pic?
>>
>>8708513
Have you checked lucaille? They have a ton of styles and colors when other sites fail.
>>
>>8708614
Huh. Thanks.

So I found this, which would be otherwise perfect, but it's bit too short. I would need it to be shoulder length. Do you think I can open the twintails to make it long enough, but still have enough hair to get the tails?
>>
How do you guys prevent heavy wigs from slipping back?

I need to make a very thick ponytail for one of my cosplays and from past experience I've found that pinning the wig down is not enough to keep it from slipping back and showing my hairline.

Any tips?
>>
>>8702210
I placed an order on October 30th, my wig is out for delivery right now.
>>
>>8708782
Probably not. You could maybe get an inch out, but shoulder length is too much.

>>8708788
Have you tried toupee clips?
>>
>>8708788
sew a small comb or toupee clip into the front of the wig with the teeth facing towards the back. That always works for me! just make sure that your comb and thread match the wig as closely as possible so that it doesn't show. You can also paint a metal comb with acrylic to match
>>
>>8708557
White hair on dudes never looks right.
>>
>>8708875
Darn. Oh well, the quest continues. And if I start to get real desperate, I get that one. It's not like people can tell the difference. Especially since it's pretty niche character
>>
>>8708502
Thanks for all of your help anon.
>>
What are your favorite places for wigs for large heads (other than arda, i'm looking for wigs for lolita and jfash, not cosplay)
>>
>>8709347
tasty peach studios is amazing for big heads
>>
>>8708788
Do your hair into proper curls under the wigcap, that way you have something to attach the wig to. Look up theatrics/disney princess tutorials.
>>
>>8708604

Impressive! From the pic it looks like it is less shiny than the Lockshop. Is that true?
>>
>>8707842
Lol um, in my experience Arda's standard shipping usually has my wig to my door in about 2-3 business days. That's really quick. It make take 2 days to process sometimes but in my experience once I have tracking they're very fast. If you're worried about time pay extra for expedited shipping?
>>
File: bleahpke14050.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bleahpke14050.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
What sort of wig should I get for Sapphire and how should I style it? The curls all around her head look rather short, but her bangs look longer and less curly than the rest of her hair. I've also never worn short wigs before, only medium or long length ones. Is there anything I should do that's different than other wigs I've worn before?
>>
>>8709410
is this sarcasm? because thier website is cringy and all thier wigs look shiny and shitty and like GLW's
and all those ugly "lolita wigs" that non lolitas think are appropriate for lolita
>>
>>8708604
What color is this, anon?
>>
File: 1447049150360.jpg (102KB, 349x532px) Image search: [Google]
1447049150360.jpg
102KB, 349x532px
>>8709615
Also Sapphire, how do you get a wig to look this fluffy? By adding wefts? Also, what shade of blonde should I get?
>>
>>8709615
>>8709665
Anon I appreciate that you are asking lots of questions because you don't want to fuck up, but please consider googling some tutorials. You're asking a bunch of really basic questions and it seems a bit like you want someone to hold your hand through every part of your cosplay.
>>
>>8709615
Not really just get your hair firmly under the wig cap and make sure the wig fits your head well. Keep an eye out for stray hairs and probably use a black wig cap.

I would suggest styling it a bit since the curls are so iconic, at least the ones that frame her face.

>>8709665
As far as fluffy wigs go yeah you add wefts. Combing to wigs into one will make it nice and thick. As far as color that's completely your call. We can answer some questions but a lot of the choices you have to make yourself. If you're buying from a wig site like Arda then look at user photos of certain colors to see if it matches what you want to go for.

Remember google is your friend, its always a good idea to do a quick search before consulting /cgl/
>>
>>8709590
The lockshop one photographs more naturally with less sheen in flash photography. But the Arda silky one is a lot more shiny, but it doesn't have as much curl so it wasn't reflecting back as much light. It looks far less shiny in natural light though but clearly looks like a wig rather than real hair. Whereas the lockshop one could pass more realistically. But that said, I have a few other lockshop wigs that can photograph really shiny too.

>>8709651
It's nutmeg. It's a nice milk tea kind of color.

>>8709647
Her wigs can be on the shiny side. They are manufactured by purple plum, but they are unique designs and color blends. But basically the quality is the same as the animestuffstore wigs. I own a few of her wigs and they're not really too bad at all sheen aside. I have the milk tea one with mint on the ends. I use that once in awhile when I coordinate with mint. I have a few others in natural colors

>Other wigs, lolita related.
I really miss Minty Mix's wigs. They had such low sheen, look realistic and are really cute. I'm just sad that all that's up are unnatural colored split wigs or high contrast natural colors. One of my favorite wigs actually comes from Wig Supplier. It's one of the twintail wigs, but I don't really wear the twintails much anymore. It's so thick, low sheen and has taken a lot of abuse over the years.
>>
>>8709647
They really aren't as shiny as they appear. Nor are they as saturated. If you have a big head and need lots of volume, these are the way to go.
>>
>>8708513
does the arda chibi not work out for what you need?
>>
>>8709875
But I'm not looking for shitty twintail wigs. And that's like all this shop has. I want wigs appropriate for lolita
>>
>>8709347
Airily is surprisingly roomy.
Cyperous was too, the last time I bought from them, but that was 2011.
>>
>>8709607
I really do not understand why a simple color question warranted so much nitpicking about how I shouldn't have asked it in the first place... but in my experience their processing time varies depending on how busy they are. I've had most wigs go out within a day or two but I've also had wigs take 5 days to ship so expecting something in less than a week is never guaranteed once you factor in usps's fuckery.

>>8709875
Maybe it depends on the color you pick but my red and black Purple Plum wigs are definitely not appropriate for anything other than cosplay - they're super saturated and have the same sheen a lot of cosplayers like.
>>
>>8708506
>http://www.wigtypes.com/model_model_synthetic_hair_lace_deep_invisible_l_part_lace_front_wig_alpine_meadow.php
i found this wig a while ago which is a pretty similar style. i'm sure you could buy two since they're cheap and weft them together for a bit more volume while keeping the lacefront intact.
>>
>>8711219
...Am I missing something? How is this so flipping cheap.
>>
>>8710361
Different anon btw. I said nothing about shouldn'[t have asked. My point was that their shipping is generally pretty fast. If you're crunched for time, you can pay for expedited shipping. It's a newer product so you're probably going to find it pretty hard to get the same sort of color comparisons they have for their classic colors right now.

https://arda-wigs.com/fibers-color-chart/ This is probably the best you're going to get for the time being.
>>
>>8710290
4 pages of wigs. 7 items out of those 4 pages are twintails. Lots of styles that are appropriate for lolita. The only downside is the sheen. Quit your bitching.
>>
>>8711254

Lace front wigs for every day use are actually really cheap. I think I used a Model Model lace front for my Adore cosplay. I made due with teasing but a second one will be the best for getting volume.
>>
>>8711489
This. The cosplayers dilemna is lacefronts are cheap for normal colors but for candy anime hair you won't find much at normie sites except maybe white/platinum blonde.
>>
>>8711489
So wait, did you order from this site before? It looks way too good to be true. (Even though I know the lace will be too dark for my skintone. Is there any way to lighten it?)
>>
File: 1361833929870.jpg (152KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
1361833929870.jpg
152KB, 900x450px
I want to glue hair to a base to do a pretty big pompadour, does anyone have a good tutorial for this? Or some tips, i'ts my first time and I'm pretty noob at styling wigs.
>>
>>8711877
No tutorial, but look up Yu-Gi-Oh wigs.
There's a few Yami Yugis that used foam as a base and then glued hair to it.
>>
>>8711401
Are you a Tasty Peach shill or just a dumbass? She already said that the shiny fiber type is not realistic enough for lolita so who cares what the "style" is? You could sculpt a pile of sausages into twintails and that doesn't suddenly make it lolita appropriate.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-11-09-00-30.png (1019KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-11-09-00-30.png
1019KB, 1080x1920px
>>8711401
Their wig fibers are ugly as fuck. I'm not looking for rhapsody and twintail styles anyways. And look at this. $40 for this monstrosity. Arda has nicer wigs for less but sadly they dont cater towards cosplayers and their "natural" colors arent very natural looking. I don't even think this horrible wig is cosplay appropriate. If I didn't know better I'd say they were just another GLW front
>>
>>8710297
Thanks but those are both cosplay wig sites...
>>
>>8712054
ugh i meant "they cater towards cosplayers" oops
>>
File: 1444005981800.png (279KB, 457x426px) Image search: [Google]
1444005981800.png
279KB, 457x426px
>>8712057
>Cyperous
>Cosplay sites???
They have a cosplay section, but their main site contains "normal" wigs.

I'm not even sure how you even missed it, desu, it's RIGHT there
>http://cyperous.com/
Jesus frigging Christ, yes I mad.
>>
>>8712057
Cyperous wigs are really natural looking. I use them for daily wear. They even have lace fronts now that are reasonably priced.
>>
>>8711538
same anon who gave the link for the cheap lacefront alternative. i had a friend who bought that exact wig in the dark roots/platinum version and it was a decent quality wig for the price. she used to use it for daily wear and it was pretty realistic looking as well.
>>
Do you need a shoppingservice for Cyperous? I would be ordering from europe.
>>
>>8712293
They offer international shipping, it's somewhere on the website.
>>
>>8703391
Are they actually good quality? How good out of 10?
I saw one review that says their wigs shed like crazy and they don't have many reviews...
>>
>>8713635
At least a solid 7/10. They can photograph a little shiny, especially with flash, but they look realistic enough in real life. They're easy to detangle, and although there is shedding, they're no thinner than any other taobao wigs and I don't notice any difference in thickness after wearing one of my wigs from them 5+ times. They probably can't stand up to any heavy styling, but for a cheap fashion taobao wig they're one of my favorite brands.
>>
File: 1.jpg (107KB, 779x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
107KB, 779x1025px
Hey, I'm really new to cosplay and sort of just. Very horrible at finding things myself. Does anyone know where to get a nice quality wig for under thirty-five dollars?
I'm going to be cosplaying the character Hana from Prison School. I think her hairstyle would be really easy to do, just a little bit of trimming and styling of a wig...?
>>
>>8702106
Belle. :3
>>
>>8714655
Arda is obviously very popular, as well as Epiccosplay. If you're not afraid of the idea of buying secondhand (tends to be cheaper and could already be trimmed how you want it) you could probably find a similar one, especially if you search for Mello wigs.
>>
File: hair2.jpg (257KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
hair2.jpg
257KB, 1280x960px
Not specifically a wig question, but I didn't see a hair/skincare general or anything. I know this is a silhouette, but does anyone have a picture of somebody with a hairstyle like this, with this kind of layers and such? I see people post those magazine scans sometimes, so I thought it'd be appropriate to ask here. Need a pic to show my hairdresser.
>>
>>8714655
your best bet for hana under $35 would be ebay (cosplayDNA is a good seller) or amazon. wig-supplier might have what you need, but their shipping can be pricey.

If you can style it, I would recommend getting a slightly longer wig and trimming it down. any premade bob wig is going to make you look like schoolgirl Armin.
>>
>>8714664
Thank you! I found one I like a lot from Arda, and it's only around 30, which is honestly really affordable.
>>
File: layered-hairstyles.jpg (18KB, 276x341px) Image search: [Google]
layered-hairstyles.jpg
18KB, 276x341px
>>8714672
Hairdresser here. That looks like 90 degree layers to me, but it requires styling to look like that.
>>
>>8714672
Discard this, found what I was looking for.

>>8714696
This is helpful, didn't know layers had an angle name. Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8701632
My arda silky wig just came in! Here's a picture comparing my classic luthien (light blonde) vs silky luthien (amber). The silky is shinier, but the fibers don't stick to each other as much so I don't think it will tangle as badly.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.