[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ILD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: ild.png (36KB, 800x200px) Image search: [Google]
ild.png
36KB, 800x200px
It's probably a little early for this, but have you started planning for ILD yet?

Is your comm doing anything fun?

Let's share!
>>
Shit when is ILD again?
>>
>>8700033
International Lolita Day. Twice a year one in June one in December.
>>
>>8700033
Oh sorry misread your comment thought you said "what". I want to say it's usually the first Saturday in December.
>>
My comm is having a meet up but its $60 dollars just to sit around some french house and look at vendors stuff and eat small hors d'oeuvres. The last ILD from the same host was amazing and the two hour unlimited sandwiches as awesome but I am not willing to pay $60 just to sit around for hours and talk to friends and just eat crackers with cheese on it.
>>
My comm is putting on a screening of Kamikaze Girls in a theater and I'm actually pretty excited that it's not another tea or museum or something. I like tea and all, but this seems cooler and interesting I guess?
>>
My family is in town that weekend, so I probably won't be able to do much of anything. I host/plan most of my comm's events, so everyone is expecting me to plan something nice. I'm trying to encourage a couple other people to do it this year. I would hate for people to be stuck with a short cafe meet (about all I'd be able to manage) just because I'm busy. I want them to have fun!
>>
my comm is having a private tea and I'm really excited for it! i guess the tea room part of the venue isn't open on the weekends but it is for us since we're having a private event. no normies, woohoo! not that i hate normies completely but it's gonna be really nice to just have a swanky ILD tea with just me and the rest of my comm, uninterrupted and undisturbed. i think there's also going to be a photographer there so that will be fun. the mods did a really great job i think!
>>
>>8700127
Awww I'm so glad that got funded! I won't be able to make it but it looks like it's going to be so much fun!
>>
>>8700147
Oh we're in the same comm. I'm really looking forward to it, the host obviously put a lot of time and thought into it with the other girls, and last year's tea was so nice too! I'm excited that it's earlier this year so that we'll have nice lighting for the photographer!

I really do love our comm/comm members..
>>
>>8700147
>>8700205
Wow, I'm in that comm too! Super excited for the meet.
>>
>>8700040
Fuuuuck. I wish I wasn't buying a new computer this month.
>>
>>8700127
I'm in the same comm as you! I'm looking forward to this event, I'm proud of our comm for putting together such a big event with so many people. I hope it goes successfully.
>>
>>8700318
I'm proud too! I think it will be really nice too, since there are raffle prizes and food included and I think everyone gets a goodie bag. That is pretty cool for how (relatively) cheap it is. Now to decide what I'm wearing!
>>
>>8700318
>>8700382
I'm sooo jelly of you girls, a few people from my comm are heading over a few states to join in but I don't think I'd be able to make it. I hope we can get something like that eventually!
>>
>>8700058
SoCal?
>>
My birthday falls on ild this year so that's exciting. I really want to visit my friend in another comm/city thst is pretty far but we'll see since its about a month away.
>>
>>8700391
Yea. I wish we were having something better in the place like a tea party or something and not just sit around and talk and sample small food and look at vendors for $60. It's not very appealing in that sense t.b.h
>>
My comm isn't doing anything, and I'll probably just be sitting at home wasting away on the internet that day.
>>
I'm planning a meet for my comm. I've never celebrated ILD before even though I've been in the fashion for a few years.
>>
>>8700430
You're not alone, anon, my comm doesn't have anything planned either so I'll probably be doing the same.
>>
>>8700318
ahh me too! yes I'm so glad we made it!! I'm nervous as all hell though. my anxiety tells me no but I already paid so it's too late! I've also never seen the movie so I will hold off on watching it until the meet. I hope no one talks a lot during it, since it is a "lolita staple"
>>
>>8700847
>me too
I mean, I'm also in that comm!
>>
My comm is in the town I go to college in. I won't be around for winter ILD because I'll be home for the holidays. I might even be working then.
>>
Looks like my comm is having ILD after all.
>>
I'm going to my first ILD, standard tea party affair but i'm still super excited. Just got everything ordered for my coord this morning. Super excited.
>>
>>8700058
our comm is doing something similar, hosting at an overpriced venue to eat sandwiches.
>>
>>8700127
>>8700205
>>8700238
Hello fellow comm members are any of you all entering any of the coord contests? I ordered the finishing touches for my kitschy coord last night and I am so ready to do this thing.
>>
>>8703755
Atleast you will get food like sandwiches, but we aren't getting anything but cocktail party food. How much does your event cost?

But I like how my comm is trying to be more active but with $60+, I can get a pretty decent meal at a good place.
>>
>>8703772
the last 2 posts you replied to were replying to a different post than the kamikaze girls one btw
>>
>>8703902
Opps, thanks anon.

I really need to be more careful when posting from my phone
>>
>>8700127
How does this work? I know you can rent out a theater but for those who have done it before, can you explain? Do you pay at the theater or pay the host to rent it out? I want to see if I can manage to do this myself but I want to be prepared and the movie theater in mind didn't provide a lot of information.
>>
>>8704278
Or the one planning the event but i used to work for Regal back in the day. What you do is call the theater and ask to rent a single screen for a party/event. Then if you want to show a movie other then what the theater has to play you will have to contact the copyright holder for what you want to show and pay them as well.
>>
Renting from a corporate chain can be really expensive its much better to try and find a single screen or independent cinema. If your charging money for people to get in you have to get the rights to the film Which runs about $250
>>
>>8703772
I want to enter one, but I have no idea what to wear. Might just skip the contests and stick with something simple.
>>
>>8704278
You just call the theater and rent it out, and yes, if you are watching a movie in there (instead of, I don't know, a powerpoint or something) it is way more expensive. Our Comm's event is $37 per person based on 100 people going, which covers food and goody bags as well as the theater for 4 or 5 hours. I think it must not be too high a price, but you do have to get a large group to make it feasible.

>>8704439
You should enter anyway! Think of all the people who will probably NOT enter. Put effort in and you could probably win either by default or just actually taking time on your coord. Or just be comfy for movie-watchin. I plan on an ugly holiday sweater coord, but I am also helping with the event, so no contest for me.
>>
>>8704439
Yeah my thing is that I've worn so many simple Coords (I have a limited wardrobe) but the girl who won the last Christmas coord contest isn't going to be there so she's helping me out because, she really loves Christmas.
>>
>>8704285
>Then if you want to show a movie other then what the theater has to play you will have to contact the copyright holder for what you want to show and pay them as well

Then if this is the case, how does one go about asking rights for a overseas movie like Kamikaze Girls?
>>
>>8704934
someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but doesn't VIZ Media still own the overseas rights to Kamikaze Girls? If so I would think it's just a matter of contacting them.
>>
This year my friend decided to host a com event instead of us just doing something ourselves. It would be cool except all these new trashy ita's that just joined are going. It's going to be a shitshow. I don't want to even be seen in public with these people, but I don't want to leave my friend to have to deal with it alone.
>>
>>8704934
Like >>8705136 said you would contact cut media if you live in the United States or whoever the copyright holder is wherever you live.
>>
ILD is the same day as my birthday this year, so I'm super excited to have a dual meet with some of my close friends. We're doing a high tea and then going ice skating afterwards. I was thinking about making everyone little pins, similar to pic related, as like a thank you for coming kind of thing. Not sure what kind of design I should do though? Obviously not going to rip off PepFox, just using it as a comparison.
>>
>>8700430
>>8700656

Why not plan a mini meet? It's not too late, still a month away!
>>
>date and venue finalized for comm ILD event
>it's fancy af
>all my coords are basic as hell
>sweats nervously

It probably isn't a big deal but man now I feel a little pressured...
>>
>>8706233
I will give you the same advice I gave to my friend: whether your coord is basic as hell or OTT af, just wear an ILD coord that makes you feel good. maybe it's your favorite dress, a dress you haven't worn yet, something new you want to try out, etc. just something that will really make you feel your best.

and since its ILD don't feel pressured to go super OTT either; even if it's more simple than usual super dressy, accessorized coords just try to make sure the coord is as nice as you can make it.
>>
>>8705136
I did not know Viz owned rights to Kamikaze Girls.
>>8705715
And ahhhh I see now, makes sense to me. I honestly did not know you can do that before. Thanks ya'll.
>>
>>8706233
Go in a coord that you feel good in. Just because a lot will go in OTT does not mean you have to go in it as well. If you like your simple coords, go for it!
>>
>>8706233
Same here, it's my first ever ILD
I'm gonna work hard to make a nice coord for this event.
>super nervous
>>
>>8706233
We are in the same comm, and honestly, with so many events coming up that are OTT in nature, it really doesn't matter as long as you look nice and well puttogether. I have a decent closet but only two really OTT dresses, so I just wear them again and again with some minor changes for fancy events.
>>
>>8706407
Oh shit, have we hung out before?

Yeah, I guess I"m getting a little hyped up because it's ILD and it's supposed to be kind of a big deal or whatever. At the end of the day, though, there always seems to be a mix of OTT and not.

Hope to see you around, anon!
>>
So jelly of all these comms with their scheduled activities, I have a closet of dresses I've yet to wear.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.