[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK/Brit thread. I hate you all :)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 38

File: allhailbritbong.png (2MB, 1822x1215px) Image search: [Google]
allhailbritbong.png
2MB, 1822x1215px
UK/Brit thread.

I hate you all :)
>>
The old thread got deleted? How come?
>>
>>8697411
Hit post limit and saged to death.
>>
>>8697415
Ah right. Sorry I've not been in the loop, just been sort of skim reading every now and again so didn't really take notice of the post amount.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 720x480px
We need a discussion topic.
Am I the only one who thinks that Kyle guy everyone hates really looks like one of the dwarves in The Hobbit
>>
Who's going to Hyper Japan this month? Was super torn between wearing lolita, shironuri or a costume but I've decided to go in cosplay and I've applied for the cosplay showcase. Has anyone got experience with it? Never done a competition or showcase of any kind so I'm not sure what to expect
>>
>>8697489
mix with the horrible histories guys and youve got it
>>
>>8697557
I'm going, I'm excited. The cosplay showcase is more of a parade than anything iirc. There's no judging or prizes, you just go on and do whatever which is kind of nice in a way but they should do a competition too. Oh, and Spooner was in it one year.
>>
>>8697576
Didn't spooner get booted from one one year?
>>
>>8697557
Hyper Japan is going to shit. They pushed out their cosplay team before the summer event. Which in turn pushed out the competitive cosplay events, but even their parade is a load of shit because if the organisation.
And now for the winter event they've pushed out their Jpop performers as well.

At least it still has the fashion side. For now anyway. But I don't see it lasting much longer.
>>
>>8697611
What do you mean by 'pushed out', anon? Got any more deets?
>>
Spooner will be there, pk snapsnap will be hanging outside trying to get in again because hes baned from the event.
>>
>>8697672
Not the same anon but I know that all the jpop dancers/singers who applied to perform at HJ got rejected, including Kelsey. People thought it meant they were rejecting people because they were bringing in actual jpop idols but it's a few weeks till the con and only one big name has been announced. So there's basically no jpop.

And because they've taken out all competitive cosplay aspects, a lot of people who make their cosplays see no point in entering the parade anymore. So prepare for a parade where 5 people have the same taobao bought cosplay. Plus no more WCS or ECG at HJ.

Don't quite know what the winter event will be like now they've eliminated two huge aspects of the con. HJ need to decide what they're trying to be.
>>
>>8697780
...I know of at least one jpop dance group performing. Or at least were supposed to be a month ago. Maybe they got rejected? But that is really odd.
>>
>>8697780
Kelsey is shit, a lack of her off pitch warbling and out of time dancing is nothing to complain about .
>>
File: shrugpomf.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
shrugpomf.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>8697611
>>8697780
Amateur jpop dancers/singers are all terrible. If anything it's an improvement.
>>
Alright, signing up to the waiting list and praying to Lord Xenu Hirself, I've managed to score myself a ticket to Amecon 2016.

Their website however, is a bit shit. I'm trying to find where I can book some of the rooms on site. Stayed there when I went to Aya11 and Aya13 so happy to spend the money for the convenience.

But yeah, I can find mention of ther rooms and the rates but no links or anything. Searching online my Google-fu is weak and I keep getting the student accommodation pages come up for Warwick university whenever I look. I can't even find a page where it says "Fuck you son we got no rooms left to rent."

Anyone able to point me in the right direction because honestly I'm unsure where else to look. Don't even know what number I can call to the venue to get information on this crap.
>>
>>8698588
You get emailed a link after you pay.
>>
>>8697727
How did pk snapsnap get banned? I bumped into him at MCM and he seemed alright. We've got mutual friends but I don't actually know him, just heard his name around here
>>
Anyone going to Doki Doki this Saturday?
If so is anyone interested in having a /cgl/ meet?
>>
>>8698884
He was being a creepy tog. I think he was trying to get girls to do poses and messaging them and just being sleazy. Kyle confronted him at a con and they had a fight.
>>
>>8698884
Mutual friends mean shit. He would lurk and take inappropriate photos of you upskirts from behind ect while you're posing for another photographer. You see him carry that bar around with his camera attached. He uses it to poke under so he doesn't seem obvious. Similar to people who leave their camera on filming in a carrier bag and place it under cosplayer skirt at stalls so you think its just a guy look at stall goods and putting their bag down.
>>
>>8698958
About the only good deed kyle has ever done desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 747x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 747x339px
Any guesses?
>>
>>8699001
Someone who hasn't googled Michael Towers
>>
>>8699001
>Yaya
>Jnig
pick one
>>
>>8698003
>>8698003
They aren't all shit, but aside from that, how will any of these groups develop into good acts if they aren't given the chance to perform?
>>
>>8697489
Hey that guys pretty good looking!

>>8698958
We never had a physical fight, I just told him to stop pissing people off and also to stop creeping on girls.

His actions after that are his own.

>>8698971
More than others. Other people would just come to a board and bitch about people, where as others actually stand up to people for the sake of their friends.
>>
>>8699051
go away kyle
>>
>>8697225
I can recognize Saber and Seras. Who are the other two?
>>
>>8699067
Nah.
>>
>>8698786
Thanks Senpai.
>>
>>8698928
I am, no idea what it's like though since it's my first time going
>>
>>8699093
I love this wordfilter.
>>
>>8699031
Turned out to be neither.
>>
File: 1420192404252.gif (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420192404252.gif
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>8699478
who was it?
>>
>>8699116
it's a nice little con, got bits and bobs of stuff going on here and there and a couple of stalls too although like at MCM I'd be careful about bootleg merch.
There is a dominos pizza just around the corner from the venue too, so if you don't want to buy food inside the con you have an alternative.
>>
>>8699509
That sounds pretty good then. I live around Manchester but just never thought of attending DokiDoki before.

Still got to pick a cosplay to wear for it...
>>
I heard PK Snap was banned from AnimeLeague events too. Not sure why but guess it was for being a perve
>>
a friend asked me to bring them to a convention because they'd never been to one before and wanted to see what all the fuss is about, with the next MCM being in 6 months is there anything you guys could recommend? he's not really into japanese culture as much but is mainly into games, was thinking insomnia but are there many other options?
>>
>>8699045
You know you can perform/practice outside of the public eye, right? If you want to be an attention whore, just wear a skimpy league costume.
>>
October MCM was my first ever expo/con. Why didn't I get laid like /cgl/ led me to believe I would? All that happened was I got some selfies with some tiny Asian girls and sweaty weebs and some Black Butler cosplayers ambushed me with hugs. My penis is sad.
>>
>>8699001

It's Lindsay Elyse.
>>
>>8699623
LSCC
Always LSCC
>>
>>8699623
MCM is dogshit scrub tier anyway.

LSCC is what MCM should be. Minimal weebs and Japanese shit. For a gamer there is also EGX and EGX Rezzed. Insomnia isn't a convention, it's an up-market LAN party which just happens to have started allowing cosplay. If you're not massively into esports there is nothing to do at Insomnia.

Frankly you've missed the convention season for this year.
>>
>>8699685
performing in private is not performing, lol

you are obviously against performers for some retarded reason, but like it or not they are a big part of HJ and this decision is stupid
>>
For me I really enjoy LSCC but it's going to get more popular and become more like mcm surely with the amount of people that are going to attend .
>>
>>8699941

I went to LSCC this year for the first time, I really don't understand why everyone rates it so much. It just seemed a bit empty. I'm not massively into comic books so I kinda feel like I wasted my money going.
>>
>>8699805
You weren't attractive enough and/or your cosplay was shit.
>>
>>8700255
Remember in lower and middle school where there was a 5 segment in assembly for plebs to try and show off? That's every amateur act at a con.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-04-08-29-55.png (528KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-04-08-29-55.png
528KB, 720x1280px
Hahahahaha oh wow. Poor man's JNig for a poor man's anime con.
>>
>>8700696
So they got a Jessica Nigri impersonator?
>>
>>8700696
jfc could she try ANY harder
>>
Shes going to be so disappointed when she sees the state of the event and the places to shoot.
>>
>>8699941
ive already done all the conventions i wanted to this year, it was just a bit inconvenient that he waited until it was all over to ask if he could go to one with me, was just trying to see if i could fit anymore of interest in.
>>
>>8700696
no chance of meeting her she will be surrounded by togs trying to take a photo so she will share it. Just like they did with Ani mia. All I wanted at was a selfie with AniMia but she was ambushed by GWC and wannabe professional photographers
>>
There is a reason there arent any female togs on the scene. convention togs just want pussy and upskirt shots
>>
>>8700696
Lindsay is a poor man's KJ who is a poor man's Nigri. KJ leapfrogged Lindsay in the Nigri rankings when she got the plastics put in. LAC were looking at Nigri and KJ but they're both too expensive now. Lindsay is the budget option.
>>
>>8701388
I only shoot with female togs, had too many bad experiences with male ones.

Who are the best female togs around?
>>
>>8701388
There's a bunch of female togs
>>
>>8701441
Justine Louise, Jeanie Jean, DemoraFairy does good photos, Aperture does some really nice work too, I know there are a few more girls who are mostly cosplayers who do good photos.
>>
File: %22Jolteon%22.png (460KB, 504x702px) Image search: [Google]
%22Jolteon%22.png
460KB, 504x702px
Oh ye great pride of UK cosplayers eevee..
how has she still not bothered to remotely improve her cosplays.
>>
>>8701463
Aperture?? Really???
>>
>>8701441
Don't know many female togs but sites like food and cosplay and league of cosplay both have girls that take photos on their team
>>
>>8701691
I think she's just trolling now. Staying awful so that people keep talking about her, even if it is how awful she is.
>>
File: 1446689782269.jpg (104KB, 540x924px) Image search: [Google]
1446689782269.jpg
104KB, 540x924px
>>
>>8701738
>(This is makeup not a mask btw)
I don't think anybody was going to make that mistake.
>>
>>8701441
Zomtography takes great photos and she's a really sweet person and fun to shoot with.
>>
>>8701429
How is Lindsay a poor man's KJ when she has double the followers? Not to mention she gets invited to far more cons than KJ ever will. Curious as to where you're pulling these rankings from.
>>
>>8702147
You realise likes and followers means nothing when it comes to actually being any good. Right?
>>
>>8702159
Because KJ is better than Lindsay? Right..sure.

Sure, likes don't represent skill but a con is much more likely to want to invite a mediocre cosplayer with 500k than a really good one with 50k.

So with Lindsey having a bigger following, more costumes and costumes of higher quality than KJ, I don't understand where "Lindsay is just a poor man's KJ" came from.
>>
File: numero4.jpg (57KB, 542x799px) Image search: [Google]
numero4.jpg
57KB, 542x799px
>>8697225

fellow bongs do you have any idea where i could something along the lines of pic related from?
>>
>>8702251
Eton
>>
File: 2015-11-05 14.43.59.png (1MB, 1067x1784px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05 14.43.59.png
1MB, 1067x1784px
>>8701691
Oh god i went tk the mcm page to see if there was any blow up on this and the first thing I see is this
>>
>>8702341
Glad someone else posted this, its so grim
>>
>>8702279
>tfw went to public school and still ugly
>>
>>8702279

;-(

i just think 99% of clothes for men drab and boring as hell.
Need some frills and some decorative features that aren't too ostentatious.
>>
>>8702341
Nailed it
>>
>>8702341
It's ill fitting but the costume itself looks well made (minus wig) and bonus at least they actually hunted down the right shoes which 99% of those Harley don't bother buying/wearing.
>>
>>8702535
You can buy it all ebay, so its not like she even made it, you'd think she could buy the right sized stuff.

Again the shoes so easy to buy...the fact she hasn't even got a wig cap on, I can't even
>>
>>8702559
Actually you'd be surprised how many people fail to buy things that fit. Because they idealise thinking they're thinner than they are and refuse to accept reality and measure themselves.
>>
>>8701693
She's seriously improved in the last few months
>>
>>8702189
One way to take it is literal. KJ is having to turn down cons and smaller cons can't afford her any more. Lindsay is actually cheaper and more available than KJ. The only cosplayers more expensive than KJ now are Nigri and Yaya. Lindsay is a bigger name strictly within cosplay but KJ has made a name for herself in other areas like gaming so overall she commands a higher fee. In that sense KJ has pulled ahead of Lindsay as a convention attraction.
The other way to take it is more metaphorical. KJ copies Nigri more closely than Lindsay does and is personally associated with her way more. KJ is a more direct Nigri clone. She even specified her breast implants to be identical to Nigri's. While Lindsay is more or less her own thing nowadays. So KJ is the true poor man's Nigri while Lindsay happens to be a generic bottle blonde wannabe-model.
>>
>>8702341
honestly not even in the top 5 worst suicide squad harley quinns there were at mcm. i think they infected the con floor worse than pikachu kigus and deadpools ever did before.
>>
>>8699051
>We never had a physical fight, I just told him to stop pissing people off and also to stop creeping on girls.

White Knights are creepier than actual creepers.
>>
>>8702576
Proof that KJ is more expensive?
She barely attends cons (either as a guest or regular attendee), doesn't even sell prints that often and she can't really judge a cosplay competition because she doesn't make anything. I don't see cons rushing to book her over other people just because she got new boobs. She's really not a big deal anywhere but the UK drama scene now.
>>
>>8702576
Lol wtf is your source?
>>
>>8702606
KJ has spent the best part of the last two months in other countries attending conventions and expos. I know for a fact her print sales make her enough to live off of alone and each con is worth a few grand to her between her fee and selling prints. Judging cosplay contests doesn't mean shit, she's very rarely done it and even when she has you know contest judges are never picked because of what they make. It's come up plenty of times in our threads before, contest judges are picked based solely on which big names are guesting at the convention to begin with. If you don't think she's a big deal outside of the UK, tell that to all the international cons that just featured her. She cleaned house at NYCC.

>>8702616
I'm friends with all three, how's that for a source? Wait, I'm also friends with key people on the booking committees of NYCC, PAX, Insomnia, LAC and LFCC.

It's funny how much you can know when you try actually speaking to people and going to these things instead of sitting behind a computer bitching about the state of cons you're not at.
>>
>>8702908
Did you know KJ has teeth in her vagina?
>>
>>8702616
I'm friends with all three, how's that for a source? Wait, I'm also friends with key people on the booking committees of NYCC, PAX, Insomnia, LAC and LFCC.

wait anon does that mean you are friends with Towers?
>>
File: chanel5whuh.jpg (48KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
chanel5whuh.jpg
48KB, 728x485px
>>8702914
>>
>>8702908
You're making it seem like KJ is literally the 3rd biggest name in the cosplay scene after Nigri and Yaya and that every con is desperate for her. Lol, she's really not.
>>
>>8698588
Make sure you check and double check your booking anon. I booked a double room, emailed a few weeks later to check something, only to find they'd never booked me in in the first place and the rooms were all sold out. Apparently they'd had this problem before, but I got no sympathy and no offer of a discount on another room. Just a "lol, tough shit, not our problem and we're all booked out on the room you were after." I'm still salty I'm having to pay about £150 more now thanks to this cockup.
>>
So whats going to be better this weekend?
Brighton or DokiDoki?
>>
File: IMG_20151107_133759.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_133759.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
DokiDoki was alright. Only stayed for 2-3 hours though, there's not exactly a lot to do (pic related, this is one of the two halls)
>>
>>8705319
Just got back myself too anon, I enjoyed it but I feel like there should have been more to do.
>>
Are there any UK conventions where I could cosplay Pablo Escobar but not seem out of place?
>>
>>8705319
It was pretty small but I still had a good time. Though to be honest I was just happy about cheap Dominos and chilling with friends
>>
File: IMG_20151107_144951.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_144951.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>8705520
>>8705547
At least Kita and Ame are coming up soon

Also, best cosplay there
>>
File: 1446542513958.jpg (40KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1446542513958.jpg
40KB, 500x540px
>>8705560
>>8705561
>>
>>8705562
wait, why was the link deleted?
>>
>>8705565
Dunno, maybe it fell under the 'personal attacks' rule
>>
>>8702341
wtf how do i have a flat stomach but have legs like hers no matter what i do?? I hate this
>>
This shit is so funny but also annoying cause, way to make out cosplayers in a bad light....again. What a dickhead
>>
Some wonderful, insightful commentary from the friends of that idiot that got arrested today.
>>
I'm a right Somerset country bumpkin so can someone explain what it is about Canary Wharf/the Docklands that caused so much shit? Or would the same go for anywhere in London? Where would one shoot in a city with a weapon prop? Would Brum be a better choice? Or would you have to paint the thing orange and shoop it the right colours later? Not that I blame the people who called the police, I'm just an idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 750x1033px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 750x1033px
What an idiot. You can see why people would be scared. he's actually lucky he didn't get killed walking around in public with that huge gun
>>
>>8705728
>Knowing Stevie Dee
Shit taste in humans confirmed.
>>
>>8705751
The orange tip that is required by law? Might help.

A city on highest level of terror alert? Maybe go elsewhere.
>>
>>8705728
In this world obsessed with terror and violence it's good we have Stevie Dee, the voice of reason, to make sense of it all. The fact is these things only happen a handful of times a year and if we sacrifice authenticity in Cosplay then the bloody terrorists have won! We should all march around London with large realistic prop weapons in public in solidarity.
>>
>>8705760
This gun looks even bigger. Either way he's a fucking moron.
>>
>>8705761
Literally the best way to know if someone is garbage is to be associated with that lot
>>
>>8705728
I am filled with embarrassment and also giggles.

What a pleb.
>>
>>8705904
Yep, funny enough Stevie Dee is also chums with Lucas, go figure.
>>
I've done a shoot around Canary Wharf as Celty and had a giant scythe with my face completely covered which I was a little worried about. A police car stopped right up near us and they asked a couple of questions then were just like 'cool' and gave us a thumbs up. I think a key difference is having a photographer standing with you with a huge camera and equipment clearly and the level of weird/cartoony your outfit is. What I found weird is that they are taking a while to investigate how real the airsoft gun is? Surely it's not hard to figure out if it's real or not. I feel like this is a bit over the top and it's a shame that no one can probably go about for cosplay shoots there now because it was a great nondescript city environment with some good lighting. I think he could've benefited from not bringing a weapon or bringing an over the top cardboard/foam one though.
>>
>>8706126
or yknow, packing it away in the suitcase that he had with him like a sane person would do
>>
>>8704359
Yup, just checked everything payment was taken everything is confirmed and registered so far as I can tell at least. Thanks for the advice, sorry to hear that you got screwed.
>>
>>8705760
I also feel with current events, and with Remembrance Day coming up some people get a little hysterical.

Also maybe don't walk around dressed all in black with a gun. Not everyone is going to know at a glance that it's a costume. Some people don't have the sense they're born with.
>>
>>8706250
Yeah, early November is not a good time to be doing this kind of thing. It's the kind of time that one might expect terrorist activity, between Guy Fawkes night and Remembrance Day.
>>
I've been scrolling by that OP a lot over the last few days and I just realized they were anime characters. I had wondered why the one on the right had no pants on and realized it was Lynette.
>>
>>8706621
Only the finest anime girls are brits.
>>
>>8706601
When had it ever been a good idea to walk around in public as a restless guy in body armour with a gun?
>>
>>8705571
Wear tights. You might need a few pairs.

There's nothing wrong with being a chubby cosplayer, or simply larger in parts as long as you keep it all together; body shapers for muffin tops, ect. Just keep all your chub in and you're good to go.
>>
>>8706126
A scythe isn't an airsoft rifle though

He should've had the orange tip on
>>
>>8702914
yes, personally.

It was worth it
>>
>>8705532
There are no conventions anywhere where you could cosplay Pablo Escobar and not seem out of place. Save it for next halloween.
>>
>>8699069
Lynette Bishop from Strike witches and Cecilia Alcott from IS. Can't remember what the loli is from.
>>
So what happened to the guy cosplayed as winter soldier? Did he just get a slap on the wrist? Some said he was having a photoshoot at the time but theres no mention of the tog who did that kickstarter thing. Or the cosplayer had already finished the shoot and was stupid enough to keep it out in the open.
>>
>>8708758
He was released. Didn't get any charges.
He was doing a photoshoot for the CSPLY photobook kickstarter project. Apparently the information given in the news articles is not really correct and people are waiting for the cosplayer or tog to write a post about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 750x1052px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 750x1052px
>>8708758
At least he was kitted out with lots of weapons
>>
File: smugtwist.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smugtwist.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>8708783
>Apparently the information given in the news articles is not really correct and people are waiting for the cosplayer or tog to write a post about it.
That'll be real accurate.
>>
Anyone going to MCM Birmingham next week?
>>
>>8709223
I am going for both days

What is Saturday night after the con like? Much drinking like there is in London?
>>
>>8710212
Me and my mates make the London MCM poofs look like proper lightweights but that's the same everywhere we go drinking lol
>>
>>8700696
>internationally renowned famous people are coming, they're famous y'know

I like how they have to tell us several times because nobodies bloody heard of them.
>>
>>8702251
try civil war reenactment suppliers
>>
>>8710434
None of LAGC's cosplay guests are famous. They're all nobodies. It's hilarious.
>>
>>8710566
They might be nobodies but they're still the biggest cosplay names in the UK community. Which, says a lot about the UK cosplay scene.
>>
>>8710605
I hadn't heard of Lindsay before this thread. Who are the others?
>>
>>8710605
biggest cosplay names in the UK community??? HAHA NO
>>
>>8709223
I'm going both days. Terrified of wearing my fucking huge ballgown in a tiny train. I might just get changed down at the con but I'm not sure?? How do you all deal with big cosplays and cramped transport?
>>
>>8710605
>biggest names in the cosplay community
i have literally heard of none of these shitty LoL cosplayers
>>
>>8710641
>>9710661

Go on then. Name the biggest cosplayers in the UK.

KJ, SR and Tabitha are the big 3. And then there's a massive jump down to Holly, Ross, Chiquita, Gingersnap, Mirimew, Laura, Teranna, Sketch Kyle, Kyahri etc. You only need about 5k likes to be top 20 UK cosplayers in terms of popularity.
>>
>>8710674
even some of the jump down ones you've mentioned, never heard of.
>>
>>8710680
It saddens me that people like Sands are rarely asked to guest in the same way that some one with 3k+ likes are. What do any of the "biggest cosplayers in the UK" actually have to offer?
>>
>>8710687
I've noticed depending on the amount of likes, some will be asked to attend as a 'guest' and all they do is stand behind a table and other's have to contribute first with a panel if they want to be invited to the same event.
>>
>>8710691
Some of the guests at LAGC in the summer did panels about something they're known for, ie, Ross did a makeup panel. Some of them just seem to sit around and get drunk in cosplay. Can't say that warrants being a "guest".
>>
I heard she doesn't like to guest. Don't know why you seagulls go on about her so much. she has always been a miserable bitch when I have met her
>>
>>8710700
the salt is strong
>>
>>8710680
Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't take away the fact those guys and a few others have the highest amount of likes in the UK. Which makes them the biggest UK cosplayers.
>>
>>8710729
likes =/= doing anything worthwhile
>>
>>8710674
I feel like Holly could be so much more popular if she took her time with the stuff she made, it's always last second for her. She is very talented but the rush kills it somewhat.
>>
>>8710729
Half of them buy likes, no one starting out in the hobby gets that many likes for the odd costume.

>>8710789 This so much. She makes stuff in a day and it really shows. Bet half of it falls apart after wearing it.
>>
>>8710700
She really doesn't look like she enjoys being there
>>
>>8701691
She's guesting at Manchester Anime and Gaming Con next year which is an Anime League event. Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>8710752
I didn't say likes = doing anything worthwhile. It's all about how popular you are and those people happen to be the most popular in the UK.
>>
>>8710277
Nicee

Know anything bout what Birmingham after drinking is like?
>>
Birmingham just got Liv Tyler and now people are interested. I hate that they announce guests so close to the event though.
>>
>>8712172
When Expo had Elijah Wood a couple of years back he backed out so we'll see. Have they had anyone that big since? I know Christopher Lee used to go back in 2007-8, but desu I don't pay that much attention, and even less to Brimingham.
>>
kitacon registration announcement when???? theyre leaving it a bit late
>>
probably sounds a bit lame but what's the best way to get "out there" as a cosplayer? i've ran a page for mine for a few months but dont really know where to go from it? any experience from you guys? im terrified i'll finally get somewhere but end up as like the next eevee or something (though i know how to hem my cosplays and style my wigs..)
>>
>>8712606
To be frank, if you end up with any level of fanbase beyond 2k your name will probably crop up here, and it's likely it won't be positive, this is 4chan. If you can't handle that don't bother building your page. If you still want to consider why, if you just want lots of likes quickly, sex sells and popular characters, if you want respect for your pieces make hard builds, enter competitions, share tutorials and info on how you make your costumes/props. In either case find togs to work with, avoid creativeedge and Lucas (though if you're small time your pretty much safe anyway)
>>
ITT: People who still haven't figured out that skill has nothing to do with popularity and success.

>>8712606
If you want lots of page likes for the sake of having lots of page likes, get your tits out and play League of Legends. If you have enough money to buy generic nurse costumes and the occasional bikini, you don't need to do anything else. Bikini top, booty shorts and an unstyled wig will get you 1,000 likes in a day.

If your goal is to be invited to guest cons, sell prints and be 'a name', do the same as before but you don't need to play League and you should spend a little more thought on your costumes. The basic formula is the same though. Work out whether your tits or your ass are the better part of your body and pick costumes or modify designs to put the focus there.

If you want to be involved with WCS, maybe build up to some kind of career in SFX or theatre or fashion, don't worry about having a page at all. Focus on making technically impressive pieces, no matter if they're from an unpopular series or even an original design, and limit your web presence to a portfolio site.

If you're not pretty or a guy, #3 is your only option and you're going to have an uphill struggle. If you're out of shape then #3 isn't going to happen for you, either. The closer you look like Kendall Jenner with a boob job the better your odds.
>>
>>8712606
The struggle is getting to 2k likes. After that your likes will naturally go up on their own with minimal work because your followers do the work for you because their likes and comments make your page show up on other people's newsfeeds.

If you want to be respected, build up your cosplay skills and go win some competitions.
>>
>>8712606
>get somewhere
Get where? You've not really said what you want.
It's pretty simple, if you want to be respected as a cosplayer, then just consistently make good costumes, network with photogs and enter comps. Stay away from stupid drama and make your own shit. Being pretty helps, if not pick lots of masked and armour costumes.

If you want to be internet famous - get your tits out, be good at make up, suck up to a lot of people and get involved in scandals to spread gossip.
>>
Any word on togs going to Hyper Japan? I don't know many togs and I don't want to be that person spamming the group begging for a shoot.
>>
>>8713587
I'd also like to know, I've only really worked with one tog before but he said he might not go to HJ cos he's salty they rejected his press pass application
>>
>>8713593
What tog, out of interest? I don't blame him for being salty, but that's one more maybe tog than I currently have.
>>
Thought bubble this weekend lads and ladies
Any of you going?
>>
>>8713593
Was it pksnap snap? He's baned from hyper japan isn't he?
>>
>>8713587
Theres no shame in asking for shoots, but i would suggest asking a friend to recommened someone and if you contact the tog and they agree, make sure you let them know if you don't/can't turn up for whatever reason or you'll be blacklisted not just by that tog but their tog friends too.
>>
>>8713739
I did actually ask, but none of my friend's photographer friends have announced whether or not they're going. I would never just not turn up to a shoot, who does that?
>>
>>8713722
Yep, always enjoy thought buble
>>
>>8712587
Rumour has it Kita's been kicked out due to the drama of this year, so it's either been scrapped entirely or is looking for a new venue.
>>
>>8714005
Well from the look for their website and recent update to the facebook page. It's still at the Hilton.
>>
>>8709223
Yep! Will be doing female Revolver Ocelot again and Erica from Gangsta. Will be my first time going to this con.
>>
>>8714005
op here
i heard those rumours too, though they posted quite recently on twitter that they were definitely still going ahead and that "info will follow in time" but the con's in less than 6 months now, and there was a facebook post made a few days ago stating the hilton as the venue so hopefully they'll have something sorted. i really love the hilton as a venue, so i'll be pretty glad if it goes ahead there. i'm just curious as to why it's taking so long..
>>
>>8714383
I guess they know they'll sell out so there's no rush to get ready. The last one was still only three months ago.
>>
>>8713597
>>8713734

It was a guy called Martin Siggers, goes by dragonzigg on twitter. I like his photos and he's good with direction during the shoot but he's pretty lazy with editing. He asked me for a photo one year at mcm and we kept in touch, he sometimes asks me if I'm doing certain cons and want a shoot but he's difficult as hell to actually talk to, and then whines online that no one wants to be friends with him and that no one will take him seriously because he only has pictures of weeaboos... So yeah, I'll let you guys know if he decides to go and do shoots if you're interested
>>
>>8714005
I doubt it's any of those things, probably the usual issues with long running uk conventions, they're just disorganised as shit.
>>
>>8715250
I really like Martin and he's very professional and good at directing during shoots and I do like most of his editing work but some of his photos are hit and miss. Some look fantastic and others tip into uncanny valley.
>>
File: getthismovin.gif (591KB, 270x288px) Image search: [Google]
getthismovin.gif
591KB, 270x288px
The idea that kitacon might die off this year fills me with joy.
>>
>>8710674

Here's a little quiz for everyone.

Rank KJ, Stacey and Tabs by:

1. Costume making ability
2. Attractiveness
3. Popularity in the UK
4. Popularity internationally
5. How nice they are.

This should be good!
>>
>>8715386

1. Costume making ability
Tabs, Stacey, KJ
2. Attractiveness
KJ, Stacey, Tabs
3. Popularity in the UK
Stacey, Tabs, KJ
4. Popularity internationally
KJ, Stacey. Tabs
5. How nice they are.
Stacey, Tabs, KJ
>>
File: 1443562014754.jpg (28KB, 580x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443562014754.jpg
28KB, 580x540px
>>8715386
Here's a good task for you.

Go get fucked!
>>
>>8715392
Sorry to upset you, KJ
>>
>>8715386

>Rank KJ, Stacey and Tabs by:
>1. Costume making ability
Tabs
Stacey
KJ

>2. Attractiveness
KJ
Tabs/Stacey

>3. Popularity in the UK
Tabs
Stacey/KJ

>4. Popularity internationally
KJ
Tabs
Stacey

>5. How nice they are.
Tabs
Stacey/KJ
>>
>>8715332
Kitacon dying off would be great but also disappointing.

Where else can I get shitfaced drunk surrounded by weebs and only have to crawl to an elevator to get to my room?
>>
>>8715483
DenmarkCon in January offers that :^))
>>
>>8715386
I feel they're all irrelavant these days, just because they have a large number of followers on the internet, means jack shit. As someone who attends cons regularly, I never hear about them, what they're up to, I rarely see them with stalls at UK cons either. Unless people talk about you outside of the internet you're not really popular anymore, plus I only hear bad stuff when I do hear about them.

Tabs makes nothing, sues her step on TV, wears the same stuff, and is just a face of a the company
KJ causes drama, and has seperated herself from the community, again re-wears, or rarely makes new stuff
Stacey is only on twitch, models a bit of clothing, is too ill to attend anything, claims benefits.

Just meh!
>>
File: it ain't me starts playing.jpg (91KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
it ain't me starts playing.jpg
91KB, 810x810px
>>8715492
Flying is expensive though
>>
>>8715564
It takes place in Birmingham.
>>
>>8715577
I assumed from the name that 'Denmarkcon' would take place in the country called Denmark
>>
>>8715511
I feel this. I'm a newfag, yeah, but I'd never heard about any of these three before I started lurking. I don't think the actual cosplay community cares.
>>
>>8715580
No such thing exist.
>>
This is pretty interesting to see how ranks where in terms of popularity. I know some people are missing. http://www.top-cosplay.info/#/top/uk

Who do you guys deserves to place higher, and who should be way lower down in the ranking?
>>
>>8715588
Then what the fuck is it?
>>
>>8715511
Yeah I agree lets open this out and get some new answers. Pick your favourites in the UK for:

1. Craftsmanship
2. Showmanship
3. Attractiveness/photographs well
4. Most popular in the UK
5. Most popular internationally
6. Nicest/friendliest
7. Would get drunk at a con with
8. Most helpful/gives back to the community

Post FB links if they are someone unheard of!
>>
>>8715596
1. Craftsmanship - Cosbabe and Laura
2. Showmanship - Ben
3. Attractiveness - Mirimew
4. Uk popular - Stacey
5. Internationally popular - KJ
6. Nicest - Kenny
7. Would get drunk with - Kenny and Teraana
8. Most helpful - The UK cosplay admins
>>
1. Craftsmanship - Sands
2. Showmanship - Kenny
3. Attractiveness - chiquitita
4. Uk popular - Tabs
6. Nicest - Chiquitita she seems to stay away from dramu
7. Would get drunk with - any hot cosplay girl who would let me buy them a drink tbf
8. Most helpful - any cosplayer who does tutorials or host workshops to help others.
>>
SR got engaged bets on what convention she will get married at next year?
>>
I feel like cosplayers I know and like, Hildaglitz, Hannah Lydia and Weathered King, a couple of others, are edging into circlejerk territory and it makes me sad. I don't know if they will actually become circlejerk, but they've always been nice and friendly to me in ways other popular cosplayers just haven't been. I hope they stay the same.
>>
>>8713722
i am.
>>
>>8715386
>Rank KJ, Stacey and Tabs by:
>1. Costume making ability
Tabs' props and SR's costuming is tied. KJ way behind both.
>2. Attractiveness
In costume depends on the costume, usually Tabs. Out of costume, KJ then SR and Tabs swap around pretty evenly and neither is far behind KJ.
>3. Popularity in the UK
Probably Tabs, KJ, SR. But I don't think KJ or SR are actually popular here and Tabs is only barely known.
>4. Popularity internationally
KJ, SR, Tabs. KJ does by far the most international events and is well known in US and EU gaming circles.
>5. How nice they are.
SR, Tabs, KJ a very distant third. The only person Stacy is a bitch to is KJ. Tabs has a kind of general arrogance. KJ has a really strong general arrogance and is a huge bitch to many specific people.

>>8715596
>1. Craftsmanship
Laura, with Lex just behind.
>2. Showmanship
Lex
>3. Attractiveness/photographs well
Laura
>4. Most popular in the UK
Tabs in terms of mass appeal, Laura in terms of reputation
>5. Most popular internationally
KJ, nobody else from the UK is even 1/10th as big as she is in other countries.
>6. Nicest/friendliest
Ben
>7. Would get drunk at a con with
Ben, Laura, SR, Chiquitita
>8. Most helpful/gives back to the community
Laura & Lex if you ask them anything yourself, in terms of going out of their way to help out I'd say Nert does way more than people realise.
Wales Comic-Con has announced their judges are KJ, Masubi and Laura. That will be interesting. I wonder if anybody told the organisers that two of them hate the other one?
>>
>>8716070
showmanship lex? Her lscc performance was the most boring i have ever seen.
>>
File: 1437999296097.jpg (77KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1437999296097.jpg
77KB, 540x960px
>>
1. Craftsmanship - Sands
2. Showmanship - Sketch McDraw is very convincing
3. Attractiveness - Chiquitita
4. Uk popular - Tabitha
6. Nicest - Spooner
7. Would get drunk with - Eevie and make cosplays
8. Most helpful - Ben
>>
>>8713722
soo...you guys enjoy yourselves?
>>
>>8716763
Craftsmanship off the charts.
>>
>>8717186
Yeah, it's been good so far for the most part, I have found a lot of nice merch and met some great people.
I did some trouble with my groups booth not being given the room we need, but it's been sorted now.
>>
>>8715386
KJ - Stuck up, not really a cosplayer, will stitch up anyone in her way, or dump them once she no longer has use for them.

Stacey - Why is she even relevant? Whens the last time she actually made a costume, shes less of a "cosplayer" than KJ. Just because she used to cosplay, now all she does is fight for twitch with KJ.

Tabs - Unless it's to advertise her dads company shes not interested. Lets not go into the cringe publicity stunt she keeps coming up with.

Why are the above people even talked about so much in the cosplay scene, they're just using it as a stepping stone? They're all so self absorbed individuals and because they'll try to get fame in the same way, they hate eachother.
>>
>>8718513
>Why are the above people even talked about so much
>just chose to do a ranking discussing them
You're part of the problem mate
>>
>>8710674
Who knew cosplaying was so intense
>>
Personally I think Spooner is more internationally famous than SR KJ and Tabs
>>
>>8718783
yes no matter how you look at it spooner is more famous than anyone
>>
>>8718881
If they gave spooner a panel at a con loads of people would show
>>
>>8718513
>Whens the last time she actually made a costume
She does a lot of commissions. She doesn't do so much for herself because her illness prevents her from getting to as many cons, unlike KJ whose illness only stops her doing things when it's convenient. I think it's reasonable to question SR's relevance because she does make so few appearances but calling her less of a cosplayer than KJ is wrong. SR may not be Sands but she does some stuff legit even if she doesn't pull it all off. Most of KJ's costumes are store-bought or hacked together from store-bought items with unstyled wigs and she's never made a prop herself in her life. SR is a cosplayer albeit a sub-standard one, KJ is a webcam girl without the balls to own up.
>>
>>8718513
>Why are the above people even talked about so much in the cosplay scene, they're just using it as a stepping stone? They're all so self absorbed individuals and because they'll try to get fame in the same way, they hate eachother.

You just described every cosplayer. By your logic nothing in cosplay should ever be talked about because anybody who makes a name for themselves in cosplay is doing exactly what you describe. 'Cosfamous' is a synonym for 'wannabe model'.

Those three get talked about because they're the most well-known cosplayers this country has other than Laura who is so safe and boring there's nothing to say. If it wasn't them it would be another three names, draw them out of a hat.
>>
>>8719825
I don't really agree with this. I love cosplay and I only do it as a hobby. I have to admit I spent way too much money in buying tools and materials on it. The only reason I created a page is because a lot of my cosplay unrelated friends complained I spam their news feed with boring "prop making" shit. It's great that people like my page and it feels all warm and fluffy inside when they interact with the it but at the end of the day the likes will probably not get me anywhere so I'm not too bothered about it.

Until I've been recently introduced to this thread, I was not aware of how much politics and bitching there is in this community. I literally just turn up to cons, get drunk and have a good time and go home. I have heard stories that people won't go to certain conventions because someone else is going to be there. I honestly don't understand why.
>>
>>8720563
Absolutely agreed, but don't confuse /cgl with the community as a whole, or judge everyone by what's written here. To be honest, 90% of people don't even realise it exists.

I have utter disdain for the five or six individuals who regularly fill these threads up with whining and unprovoked attacks on people, obviously trying to reenact some kind of Mean Girls fantasy because they were never the popular kids at school.

Fortunately the community is big enough that you can simply choose not to involve yourself in drama or give any drama llamas your time and attention, and you'll still be able to have a great time cosplaying.
>>
>>8719182
let gets spooner to guest at a al event
>>
File: 1413818324424.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1413818324424.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>8720651
>>
>>8720651

Everyone here knows we are the bigger weebs, ultimately we criticise ourselves. We might call people weebs, gross or cringy, but in the end, we're talking about our mouth breathing, basement dwelling, selves.

If it upsets you, 4chan is clearly not for you. Join in, we're all bitter self hating weebs here.
>>
>someone brought a live owl to thought bubble
Well then
>>
File: garbage.jpg (67KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
67KB, 405x720px
So, we finally hit the peak of British cosplaying right here folks.
>>
Is there any conventions on in april next year? Need to know..for science.
>>
>>8719819
stacey's illness is no less used for convenience than KJ's is, funny how stacey was able to go to cons in america recently but too sick the rest of the time.

it's always obvious who the people posting are when they try to push the agenda of stacey (and this counts for anyone pushing anyone else) being better in some way. no one curr about your agenda
>>
>>8719182
If spooner was a guest i would go. he deserves some recognition
>>
>>8721291
>push the agenda of stacey
>called her sub-standard

You ain't too bright, you know that?
>>
>>8722089
they weren't trying to make her out to be a better cosplayer sure, but they were trying to push her being a better person when she's easily the most passive aggressive of the lot. which is great popcorn material but people who think she is nice must actually be on crack. i mean she's like that publicly.
>>
>>8721102
I don't understand how anyone, even FreePaedo, can sign that without being deeply embarrassed.
>>
File: 1412709754397.gif (3MB, 244x249px) Image search: [Google]
1412709754397.gif
3MB, 244x249px
Any news on the death of Kita?
>>
>>8720766
wait what? where?
>>
>>8722492
They announced recently that they've nearly finished the site and reg will be announced soon.
>>
File: seeyoulaterfucker.gif (358KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
seeyoulaterfucker.gif
358KB, 500x289px
>>8722584
5 whole cons. More than some can say but I'm glad it's dead.
>>
>>8722665
Oh fuck off, we all know it's still going. Let me guess, you hate fun so you're terminally assblasted over the existence of a party con?
>>
>>8722734
But it's not...

And only lefty faggots like fun.
>>
File: tumblr_nxx3vuDj8T1ubpla8o1_1280.jpg (64KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxx3vuDj8T1ubpla8o1_1280.jpg
64KB, 720x960px
>>8722560
Thought Bubble, a comic con in Leeds

A woman came as a hogwarts student and had a live owl on her arm. She let it fly inside the lobby and the staff asked her to leave.
>>
>>8723217
Hooooooly fuck, I don't even..... just wow. I bet that poor fucking owl was stressed as hell
>>
>>8723217
What a fucking idiot
>>
>>8723217
In b4 pet aren't props posts all over facebook.
>>
>>8723217
jfc. i went but somehow missed that.

i remember one of the first harry potter movies has an extra features with the owl trainers for hedwig, and they literally beg people to not get pet owls
>>
>>8715273
Mine were uncanny valley

Lovely bloke but never again
>>
>>8723217
Did she kick up a fuss and is there a video?
>>
>>8723341
No I think she left pretty quickly.
>>
So emu has a gofund me up EMU is back people.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 532x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 532x529px
>>8725235
Wat?
>>
>>8723217
Jesus christ, I walked into the lobby while it was swooping around and I assumed it was a planned demonstration. That's ridiculous.
>>
newfag pleb here

is the Cardiff Comic Con worth a shit?
>>
>>8725235
Got a link? What does she want funding?
>>
>>8723217
She told me that the owl wanted a quick fly when she came to my photobooth but I really didn't expect her to do it inside.
>>
>>8725957
Apparently she needs a house. Cause her council flat which has an independent landlord (is that even a thing?) has a leaky roof.

She's given away one of five of her rabbits.
>>
>>8725235
She's done gofund me's before. For things like buying clothes.

Moving out.

Generally things normal people get a job for.

And yet has still been able to cosplay and attend events.

Because those don't cost money.
>>
>>8726286
I think I may know the solution here, it's a little uncommon and I'm not sure she'll want to do such an outlandish thing, but maybe, just maybe, she should go and get one of those job things I've heard people talk about?
>>
>>8726286
She doesn't live in a council flat, it's a private rented flat.
She hasn't given away any of her FOUR rabbits. She had to give away her cat a few years ago which started off all those suicide threats.
And her boyfriend says that he's been paying for her to go to events, not sure if that's true but you rarely see one without the other at events now.
>>
>>8725242
>>8725957
go fund me /5592naag

That URL is so appropriate.

>>8726316
Hey boyfriend is also stupid then. Proritising over priced events and cosplay over basic living? Really?

If he's got that kind of spare cash can't he put her up?

Besides EMU has been making suicide threats long before her cat.
>>
>>8726299
Aren't they like really rare and hard to find?
>>
>>8726316
Does he even know what he's getting himself into? Someone should tell the poor guy what she's like.
>>
>>8726316
She has three rabbits and a cat. Different cat to the one she gave away.
Sauce: I'm a failbook 'friend'.
>>
>>8726349
Girl shouldn't have pets if she cannot afford a house. Irresponsible.
>>
>>8726365
She started out with two rabbits, ended up with another after she tried to 'rescue' it and it turned out to be vicious (took a chunk out of her hand) so she kept it as it "couldn't be rehomed"
And supposedly the previous tenant of her flat left the cat there so she "rescued" that too.
She's like most animal lovers, TAKE IN ALL THE ANIMALZ
>>
>>8726365
Okay let me just put this out there. She says she was kicked out of her grandma's house. I don't know if it's true or not but there was no reason for her to move out of there and she'd been pretty normal for months. Most of her failbook is just stuff about her pets.
>>
>>8725235
Confused as to who this girl is and why people have actually given her money on gofundme?
>>
>>8726436
You know animal hoarding is illegal right?

If you can't afford living expenses for yourself, keeping animals is irresponsible. Good intentions don't change that fact.

>>8726482
Girl says a lot of crap. Always has.

>>8726487
She's the girl who lied about having cancer and it just kept on going.
>>
>>8726504
Just saying that she's been pretty calm for a while now, I'm hoping that she wouldn't start all this off again without good reason.

That and if she wanted attention she'd be whining on her failbook about "being on 4chan again", which she's not.
>>
>>8726504
I can vouch for the fact that she dotes on her pets. She never shuts up about them and constantly posts pictures of them, statuses of their antics etc.
>>
>>8726770
No one's disputing that and it's irrelevant, we're saying it's very irresponsible getting them if you can't afford to support yourself first.
>>
>>8726870
As anon stated, she bought two rabbits last year when she was living at her grandparent's. From what I can gather she got them cheap because no one else wanted them. She rescued the aggressive rabbit which she calls 'devil bun' about a month(?) after. There was a bit of stuff about her wanting money to neuter them but it seems that that quickly went away.
Then of course when she moved out earlier this year she got the cat free with the flat pretty much. So, I don't believe she set out to have so many, it just happened and she's too stubborn to sell them on.
>>
>>8726908
No one cares. Who the fuck are you lot even talking about?!
>>
>>8726908
why is any of this relevant?
She can't afford to keep them. She's asking people on the internet to pay her bills. It's pathetic
>>
>>8726908
She's always struggled with money. Even when living with her mother, when living with her grandparents. Or at least she says she struggles and still turns up at cons in new cosplays.

If you can't pay your way don't go to cons and don't buy pets.
>>
>>8726933
She last lived with her mother when she was 6.
>>
Either 1. Emu is self posting or 2 she has horrible mates/fb friends sharing personal stuff
>>
>>8723319
Whats uncanny valley mean?
>>
>>8726933
and then buys some expensive disney doll as well
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 750x1334px
Dig deep everyone
>>
File: uncanny_graph_blog.jpg (83KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
uncanny_graph_blog.jpg
83KB, 500x322px
>>8727673
>>
>>8727067
She just has awful fb privacy settings. I didn't know who this girl was but went and had a quick look and you can see everything on her profile.

People shouldn't be funding her, but she's clearly got some problems so making posts about her probably isn't the nicest even on cgl.
>>
>>8726337
You're not going to be PM
It's really hard to become a politician
It's hard to become a Doctor
It's not easy to be a Solicitor
With hard work you can become a manager
Anyone can be a sales person
Pretty easy to stack shelves
McDonalds always needs burger flippers...
>>
Can't find one tog I know going to Hyper Japan. Tad salty. I know it was shit at the O2, but people still shoot at LAGC and MCM Birmingham which are both just as crap. Guess British togs don't care about Japanese shit.
>>
>>8727812
> Guess British togs don't care about Japanese shit.
Such news. Major breakthrough. Wow.

They care if it's Kill a la Kill with tits. Or some other anime of the month, where shooting it will get them likes.
Other than that the togs care about League (Because it gets them likes + girls in small costumes) and few other non-western things. If the girl is in a skimpy costume then they like it.

They don't care about things they aren't western, it's just how it is. Same goes with a lot of cosplayers, only venture outside the comfort zone of the west if it gets them attention.

And if you do cosplay Japanese things, and have interests in anime, maybe wear J-fash or any other interest, you'll find that every now and again you are the butt of the joke, and people just roll their eyes and groan when you try and talk about said things.

TL:DR UK only cares about things outside the mainstream media when it means it'll get them popular.
>>
>>8727812
You be hard pushed to find a tog that will shoot anime and western cosplays full stop. Most shoot specific genres only, regardless if it involves t&n.

The next factor is if they are any good, not sure what standard you have, but i guess as you're not paying, you can't be choosey.
>>
>>8727812
cont. yes, alot of them are put off because what it was like at O2 and just the way it was there.
>>
>>8727921
I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I loved the little Japanese bar outside, it was so pretty. And all the restaurants were a nice bonus. But I know I'm in a tiny minority there.
>>
>>8727927
Togs were put off because security got called on them whenever they tried to do a shoot a film outside of the 'official HJ fenced areas'. HJ even advertised the 'awesome photoshoot locations inside the O2' on their page before the event. Which means a lot of people, especially togs don't trust HJ to be organised anymore as HJ had no idea about the O2 photography rules.
>>
>>8727941
Ah, that makes sense. That would explain to >>8727812 why no togs are going this time round either. Shit. Hopefully they've sorted it out this time as I know they're advertising photo spaces again. It's a pity, it's my favourite London con as I don't particularly like comics for LSCC and LFCC is a big busy mess.
>>
Uk photography rules a are joke, biggest being mcm. I see togs totally ignoring the rules in oct. Even secruity ignored those that were set up with light stands while others struggle with obeying the rules without addition lights.
>>
>>8727944
Yep, they adverised how good photography will be etc than when togs got their stuff out get told they can shoot here etc.
>>
*Can't
>>
>>8727944
Adding to this. HJ's cosplay numbers seem to have been decreasing every year. They kicked out ECG and WCS and their cosparade is no longer competitive so people just don't see the point in bringing anything impressive to HJ. So the cosplayers left bring something simple instead and I don't think togs see that as something worth travelling to a con that doesn't really interest them for.

The majority of people at HJ seem to be wearing JFasion nowadays and it's completely fair enough if togs don't have an interest in shooting that.
>>
>>8727967
Look at it this way.

At least we're not paying for shoots at cons unlike the Americans.
>>
>>8727977
I personally think jfash makes for much more interesting photos than a bunch of people in the same worbla bikini, or 100 Elsas, or whatever, but I'm not a tog, so fair enough, each to their own.
>>
>>8727983
Same. Just a shame most of the (popular) Lolitas in the UK are pretty vile personality wise, and I can see why togs wouldn't want to go near them with a 10 foot rod.
>>
>>8727986
Do we even have that many? I know of Peachie, Noor, and that Kittykins girl who seems annoying as fuck. Maybe Pixie_late at a stretch.
>>
As you said, it's Jfashion, the togs you all know are into cosplay. Two different end of the spectrum, not alot you can do with Jfashion compared to cosplay where its more fun to mimic whatever the series.

As mentioned, they kicked out all the competetive cosplay stuff, so further down the line i can't see many cosplayers going which means even less togs. I think it was a very bad move on HJs part to kick out ECG.
>>
>>8728262
I could see HJ doing well if they became the Japanese equivalent to LSCC.

Say have there own cosplay champs with a trip to Japan, Japanese franchises only, Japanese cosplayers and things like talks and fully go all out.
I can only think how many weebs jizz at the idea, but I think it could work.
>>
>>8728266
That would be amazing, except HJ seems to be going in the complete opposite direction. Every show has the event becoming more and more of "travel to Japan!" kind of promotion plus some jpop. Hell, just look at HJ's sponsors and partner.

They seem to be slowly trying to kick out the weebs because weebs are too young and can't afford trips to Japan until they're older. So they don't benefit HJ's sponsors at all. Their plan kind of fails though because they still market the event as a con and no normal person with a small interest in Japan and its culture is going to pay for a £39 weekend pass.
>>
>>8727983
You say jfashion makes for more interesting photos yet to a normal person a 100 worbla bikinis are going to look far more interesting and different than 100 lolitas.

And UK barely even has worbla bikini cosplays so.
>>
>>8728364
Hyper Japan gets other jfash too - deco, fairy kei, shironuri, etc. They tend to be really bright, colourful and pretty, if not "interesting". The Japanese aspect as well makes it seem "cultural" instead of embarrassing to some normies, too. Lolitas have also had loads of documentaries about them, aimed at normie audiences, whilst cosplay has got HOC and maybe one or two others? So I'm not buying that.
>>
>>8728355
I don't know, my nan loves Japanese gardens and pays out the ass for themed trips around them.

But I totally agree. If they got their shit together and marketed it as an actual Japanese-themed con, with all the weeb-ish influences, they'd make a killing, even if it didn't help out their sponsors. Obviously they won't do that, but we're sorely lacking for Japanese-themed cons and they could dominate a big section of the market if they embraced it. People who are rich enough to go to Japan will just do it, they don't bother with cons unless they enjoy cons anyway.
>>
And also, most togs pages are built up from cosplayers and people who follow cosplayers. Post up a jfash photo and it will just get ignored.
>>
>>8728370
I know HJ has other jfashion. I'm into jfash myself yet I'm not going to claim that jfash photoshoots would be more interesting than cosplay ones.

Not saying jfash isn't interesting, however cosplay is more popular for togs. There is a reason why there are more cosplays togs than jfash ones in the Western world.
>>
In other news. HJ learnt their lesson and are going back to Olympia for 2016.
>>
>>8728401
Olympia isn't that much better, especially for photos, ask any of the togs there. Theres no outside, so all photos are have to be taken inside, if you want your dress to look dull and harsh shadows go for it.
>>
>>8728411
At least you're actually allowed to take photos inside Olympia, unlike the O2. So yeah, it is better.
>>
>>8710917
this brightened up my day. Absolutely fucking hilarious
>>
Amusing following all the discussion on HJ, but photogs at Brum are being told to use this for photos, not the halls. Be interesting to see how strict security is.
>>
It'll just be like mcm. Some get ignored while some get told to move on.
>>
Its getting strict because combination of factors. Togs who set up multiple lights, booths who complain about those and the fucking stupid cosplayer who got arrested with gun prop at canary whalf.
>>
...and Lucas getting caught charging for photos at mcm.
>>
Wales Comic-Con is a week away and the organisers only just learnt their three cosplay guests and judges don't get along. Laura's bringing a selection of her masterpieces, Masubi's putting the finishing touches on Kingdom Hearts Cloud and KJ is throwing on the same store bought hotpants and pool party costumes she always wears.

I sure hope tog rules are more relaxed next weekend because I want this 3-way brawl documented.
>>
>>8729424
Laura and Masubi are cool..
>>
>>8729307
I think this is more then wanting their name on the photos more than anything.
>>
File: angepeek.gif (1MB, 325x258px) Image search: [Google]
angepeek.gif
1MB, 325x258px
Welp, nothing of value here...
>>
Worth popping to MCM on the last day? I heard they do a lot of discounts on the last day of cons.

Not that i'm sure there would be anything worth getting, but i wasn't able to make it yesterday.
>>
>>8730767
You'd save about the same amount you'd pay for entry.
>>
>>8730767
>>8730863
If that. There is nothing you can buy at an MCM that you can't buy online for 1/2 or sometimes even 1/3 the price. Never buy anything at an MCM, you are throwing money away for no good reason.
>>
>>8732464
Some indie clothing stalls lower the prices of their shirts for cons, and you can barter with some places.
>>
>>8727812
Do you go to cons to get pictures of yourself or to get noticed? If you're trying to get noticed, I'm sure there will be plenty of non cosplay togs that will be going and the chances of you getting into real magazines/the papers will be a lot higher than just shooting with cosplay togs. If you're going to get pictures of yourself can you not arrange shoots outside of cons? The photos will come out much better than in cons.
>>
>>8728266
What about that thing called WCS where you go to japan AND it only allows jcosplays?
>>
>>8732758
Problem with out of con shoots is it's often expensive to get both you, your helper, and the tog to location. Plus it's now way too cold to do outdoor shoots and there is only a few hours of light that you can shoot with.
>>
>>8732758
I kind of wanted photos of my costumes, but locations for them are places like a school or hospital where it's a bit more complicated to get permission, I'm just lazy and will settle for con shoots. I also struggle to get time off work, I was very lucky that I managed to get a full weekend off for the con. I don't really care about real magazines because a) they normally make you seem like a freak and b) I'll probably not see them anyway.
>>
>>8732774
WCS is no longer at HJ. It's at MCM.
>>
I heard HJ hasnt given any of the togs press pass so they arent going
>>
>>8732853
One of my friends got a press pass. Don't know about any others though. Haven't actually seen any togs or videographers announce that they're going even though HJ was recently asking for togs to contact them.
>>
>>8732853
>I heard HJ hasnt given any of the guys with cameras free press pass so they arent going because they have to pay for a ticket like everyone else does

IMO press passes should only be going to actual press....
>>
>>8732853
Thank fuck.
>>
>>8732911
The thing is, they have allocated number of press passes and if not many actual press applies than they will give it out to frist come first servred basis, or if you're names spooner.
>>
>>8699531
Banned from an Anime League event for being a perv, oh the irony
>>
>>8702147
Haven't been on /cgl/ for a while, who's KJ?

Anyone see Tabby's patreon? Top kek
>>
>>8705571
Be glad that you have a flat stomach, that's the area that looks the worst when it's fat
>>
>>8702251
Who is that tit?
>>
Kitacon changing its name so it can trick hilton into letting them have event there
>>
>>8733321
thank fuck tired of cosplay photographers walking around with a press badge like they are from a national newspaper or magazine
>>
>>8734306

I don't think you understand how naming events works...
>>
>>8734233
If you don't know who KJ is that shows you've not been around cosplay since ever, let alone /cgl/. Kelly Jean. It's understandable you may have missed her, she's only been around for about nine years.

Tabs' patreon is old news, too.
>>
>>8734343
Talk about her patreon came back when some girl made a personal post about it yesterday evening in which SZ Nick and Lady Noctis also shared opinions.
>>
>>8734395
scaps?
>>
>>8734477
Original post.
>>
>>8734477
And Lady Noctis' comment.

Most comments were against the patreon. Some claimed that Tabitha was providing goods in exchange for money but others argued that selfies or a short group gaming/chat session or whatever wasn't sufficient for amount she's asking for.
>>
File: Please take your leave.gif (1MB, 263x368px) Image search: [Google]
Please take your leave.gif
1MB, 263x368px
Threads dead. Time to leave.
>>
File: 1437516795061.jpg (697KB, 1280x876px) Image search: [Google]
1437516795061.jpg
697KB, 1280x876px
>>8734665
New thread.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.