[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When a guy makes a bad cosplay he's either seen as an awesome/funny/chill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: DSC00824.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00824.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
When a guy makes a bad cosplay he's either seen as an awesome/funny/chill person. At most he's completely ignored and forgotten.

When a girl makes a cosplay that's somewhat passable the internet just blasts them to hell and back.

What's the cause for this?
>>
Usually bad male cosplays are just meh while bad female cosplays are awful genderbent AUs with floppy tits hanging out (that loki with the pasties is burned into my memory). Obese men don't seem to cosplay very much while obese women cosplay a lot. Also cringey guys tend to stay in their basements while cringey yaoi fangirls make their shit public. Men are usually too homophobic to act like cringey gay assholes too.
Some bad male cosplays make it big and will never go away though, like boner robin.
>>
>>8696594
Double standards. Welcome to the real world.

>>8696622
>Implying that shitty Kirito male cosplays and hardon Goku are not bad in itself
>>
Men stay away from the center of attention. That and con goers ignore male cosplayers
>>
>>8696594
>What's the cause for this?

Penises
>>
File: 1414776002299.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414776002299.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>
>>8696594
>OP has never seen boner robin
>>
>>8697077
To be fair OP was talking about how men are never blasted for their costumes. Boner Robin's costume was passable and what was blasted was something that "extend" beyond the craftsmanship
>>
I thought it was because people usually expect men not to be as crafty when it comes to fabrics/cosplaying/whatever. Or maybe that's a curiously rooted idea that for centuries the female has been the clothmaker and so it's part of an expectation that a female should craft well and create/design something well and the men aren't expected to.

So to see a female not craft well is indicative of a lack of femininity and so they get blasted for not meeting standard.

Just a guess.
>>
Going to get blasted for this but I feel like as well in some situations women aren't supposed to be casual, if that makes sense, especially when appearance is involved. They have to devote 100% of their time and energy into it, it can't just be for fun. When it comes to appearance except for perhaps work situations I think men get away with being more casual about it. Also what >>8697308 said. That, and normies going to cons thinking every woman is going to be Jessica Nigri clone and being disappointed when most of the women cosplayers are just average women.
>>
Just society and double standards having to do with gender roles and that kind of shit.

It's bullshit, but what can ya do?
>>
>>8696594

The reverse is also true though. A well-sewn cosplay on a male gets no attention.
>>
>>8697419
True it is harder for men to receive attention. However for women it is way harder to hide. Hell photographers go and take photos of girls in plain clothes due to thirst all while ignoring the guy in the really male cosplayer with accurate props
>>
>>8697641

I don't get this. I've looked at what I've shot so far and I seem to take more photos of guys in cos than girls (not out of intention, just turned out that way). What excuse does someone use to take pictures of a plainclothes girl at an anime convention over a well dressed male cosplayer?
>>
>>8697880
>What excuse does someone use to take pictures of a plainclothes girl at an anime convention over a well dressed male cosplayer?

Thirst
>>
>>8697880
Consider who is taking the photo...let that sink in.
>>
If you're a guy you're not going to get any pictures taken regardless of skill unless its massive armor or you're shirtless.
>>
>>8697880
Pure thirst, as others have said. If you go looking through the archives we've had photographers here throwing actual hissyfits over their right to ignore people no matter their cosplay and photograph only sexy girls with their tits hanging out, with bonus "this doesn't make me creepy at all!" whining. Truly incredible.
>>
>>8698382
Prints of men don't sell.
Don't tell other people how to do their fucking job.
>>
>>8696594
MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY MISANDRY
>>
>>8698402
If your "job" is hawking photos of other people dressed as other people's intellectual property that's already pathetic enough.
>>
>>8698382
Most are do this as a hobby/enjoyment. Of course they are only going to take what they feel like, they are not obligated to do otherwise.
>>
>>8698749
Then don't be shocked when you get a rep as a horndog? Cause and effect, bruh.
>>
>>8698382
Even the producer of the first season of heroes of cosplay fell into this mindset. He refused to have any male cosplayers on account he finds all the outfits boring or armor related
>>
>>8698355
Or if you look exactly like the character.
>>
I think its also due to the fact that its easier for a guy to not fuck up on account they're not expected to wear make up, wigs and there a shit ton of anime characters where you can just were a dress shirt and slacks.
>>
Because we live in a society that expects women to compete to look the 'best' while men can look however they want and not get backlash for it
>>
>>8696594
The fact that girls get passes in almost every other area of life.

/thread
>>
>>8704404
I'm sure there was a meeting where we as a society decided "but where should all of women have it ~hard~?" and the unanimous answer was "sweaty disgusting weeb meetings with fat spoiled manchildren"
>>
>>8704413
It was probably a little before the OP thought, "I think ~now~ would be a great time to cry about how, as a woman, people call me out for it when I put zero effort into my work."
>>
>>8696594
because guys usually suck at cosplay anyway, so its the norm for them.
>>
Cosplaying community populations are mostly women. In costumes, men usually judge men and women judge women

Men want to encourage more people to join their hobby and can appreciate "so bad its good", so they have a good laugh and everyone feels good

On the other hand, women realize that there is already too much competition. This, combined with feelings of inadequacy because Nigri will always get more attention than them, leads women to insult or otherwise bully fellow cosplayers for any excuse they can find.
>>
>>8704502

Us girls are so much better, right? Stinky dirty boys ruin everything.
>>
>>8704506
There's an element of truth in this, guys generally don't bash female cosplayers quite as hard as women do. I always thought part of it was because guys don't care much about appearances in general anyway, so it would be weird to criticize someone's outfit, while girls get all of high school to train for it.
>>
File: dude pls.jpg (6KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
dude pls.jpg
6KB, 194x260px
>>8700947
>guys that cosplay with no wigs/makeup
>>
>>8696594
I think its also worth mentioning there is a big difference between a bad cosplay and a somewhat passable one and that you need to compare like with like.

simply bad cosplayers can kind of get a pass because its not like they were really trying whereas those semi passable ones demonstrate actual effort and that the whole endevour wasmore than just a joke or second thought.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.