[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portuguese Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: portugal-flag.jpg (44KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
portugal-flag.jpg
44KB, 400x286px
Iberanime OPO this weekend, today's CWM and the performances of the portuguese contestants on Eurocosplay, We finally have a whole lot to talk about.
Discuss!
>>
The two Eurocosplay contestants, to get this started
>>
>>8684285
>>
Completely forgot WCS so here's the new representatives
>>
And lastly the CCCC representatives as well.
>>
I'm crying
>>
>>8685222
hello darkness my old friend
>>
Who won CWM?
>>
>>8685318
A serbian cosplayer, Andrea Dolores Milanovic
>>
>>8685222
>>8685227
>>8684287
>>8684285

Happy with Ec's cosplayes and your new representatives portugal?
>>
>>8685321
well that's a first
our cosplayers are usually shit save for a few girls, good job Andrea!
>>
>>8685367
How's it a first? I can't even remember Portugal ever winning a CWM final, it was always foreigners. The closest was Eveny winning 3rd place.
>>
>>8685369
I think Delfina came 2nd in the first edition of the contest. But it was a long time ago, I could be wrong.
>>
>>8685376
Holy balls, that's someone I don't hear talking about much at all, since she quit cosplay years ago. Her cosplays were pretty good considering the general quality of portuguese cosplayers during the time she cosplayed.
And 2nd place is great but like I said, PT still hasn't won a single CWM final.
>>
File: success.jpg (10KB, 175x230px) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
10KB, 175x230px
>>8685321
>>
>>8685369
I think >>8685367 is probably Serbian.
>>
>>8685629
That was already stated >>8685321
>>
>>8685660
The poster, not the cosplayer. Derp.
>>
>>8685795
Misunderstood, derp indeed. Re-reading the other anon's post, they are most definitely serbian and I misunderstood their post as well.
Lack of sleep does stupid things.
>>
OK I need a confirmation of this rumours - CWM results were made up by the organisation. This sounds freaking unfair, who can tell me what the fuck happened?
>>
Aren't they always? But you have to admit the winner looks pretty impressive.
>>
>>8686462
You've come to the right place.
>>
representatives look even derpier than that time pt sent miguel.
That wig has no place in ec.
The other representatives look good except from the angel in wcs. Girl needs to groom a bit and fix some stuff that look subpar. Cccc peeps look great but I need a better photo.
>>
>>8686539
maybe from afar... up close it was shit.
>>
>>8686681
The angel... I've had a hard time believing that is our WCS representative
Aren't we going to look so neat in front of all the other coutries? :))))))))
>>
>>8687424
You sure that's an angel? It looks more of an harpy to me, I don't know the series. It looks below average, anyway.
>>
>>8684285
>>8685222
the first one and that harpy angel bird whatever look laughable. i feel sorry for the other wcs representative
>>
Since you love to complain, who do you want to see representing Portugal on international contests? Preferably who hasn't already.
>>
>>8690356
I like Ashteria's craftsmanship, although she's not that impressive performing. EC would be good for her.
>>
>>8688075
Not sure if it was an angel, don't know the source as well. But you got the idea
>>
We got 34th and last place on EuroCosplay
Thoughts?
>>
>>8695585
You sound surprised.
>>
>>8695585
No one is going to say anything because the people who went to EC don't have "haters" and are not "well known".
If someone "more active in the community" had gone all hell would break loose.

Ana placed 4th , don't know how but she did, and people talked shit.
Portugal at its best.
>>
>>8695725
Not really, anon. But its kind of sad anyway
>>
>>8696850
If you come to 4chan looking for praise, you're really not in the right place. People will bitch either way, maybe not here but I've seen people being mad for Portugal being last.

Who cares?.
>>
Why aren't you guys commenting on the last post Asian Culture Party made to announce the end of the project?
Can't stop laughing at how they used it to blame their failure on others.
>>
>>8698012
ACP dodging the guilt is hilarious

I feel sad for the people who actually gave it a chance, they couldve bought some food with that money
>>
Words cannot express my happiness over ACP ending and the shitstorm it's starting by blaming others on their failure.
Please, do keep going, I want to see how this ends, I'll go get my popcorn.
>>
>>8698012
Wait, what? Where can I read that?
>>
>>8697905
Differebt anon but 4chan isn't just a blackhole of shit talk, if you go on any other threads of this board, there are plenty of people giving praise where it's due, so that's not really an excuse. Our community is just shit. Ana placed well and did a good job, she deserved better than the bitching she got. Instead of congratulating our cosplayers who are representing us well, everyone just keeps trying to throw them down. No wonder our really good cosplayers give up competing and then we all just bitch some more at how there's no interest from our cosplayers in participating internation contests and that we're sending poor-mediocre ones.
>>
>>8698816
On their facebook page
>>
>>8698817
I agree with everything you say, and that's why our international prelims are always a joke. People don't want to take the opportunity to go abroad and compete because there's always tremendous backlash, regardless if you're good or bad.

Our community is really shitty.
>>
>>8698817
Thank you anon, thank you for understanding, hope you have a great day.
>>
>>8698939
And lets take a moment to see where it got us. Most competitions were an absolute joke this year. Specially EuroCosplay. We have way better cosplayers to show, they're not even all that hard to find. But as you said, whoever goes gets shit talked even if they did a good job, so why bother
Lets just hope next year is a bit better
>>
>>8700909
Does anyone even try anymore? Ana took old costumes to CWM both the qualifier and final. Same Eveny last year in EC.
And let's not forget how rigged the results are most of the time. It's not the most talented who wins, but the one who's friends with the jury/ organizers/sponsors.
To be honest I wouldn't try either.
>>
>>8700933
You seem to have a bad life.
I fell sorry for you but I'm glad to see someone has money to make new costumes every time.
But thank you for proving the point. Eveny did two costumes for ecg (selections and finals), kuro sisters made new costumes, the ec girl did as well this year, even if it's shitty, as did Ana when she went to ec.
I don't see you talking about the soldier costume the "man" used at ec for the 100th time.
Shady.
>>
>>8700933
You much be rich if you can afford popping out new costumes for everything you participate in.
People like you are part of the morons who only bitch at everything rather than contributing with positivity. If you can afford so many costumes, why aren't you competing, anon? Maybe you'd do a better job than everyone else.
Oh wait, you wouldn't even try. I forgot you were just here to whine instead.
>>
>>8700933
What is wrong with wearing the same costumes for more than one competition?

Most of the selections and finals costumes cost us hundreds of hours and euros. It isn't worth wearing for just one occasion so heck yeah I'm gonna wear them in more contests to win some of it back! They can't score me out just because I already wore it.
If you check the ECG participants from this year, most of the winning costumes were all the same from the selections.
Personally I think its a good idea to wear the same. You can spend more time perfecting the costume and working on a different final skit which has been the deciding factor for the competitions these last years.
>>
>>8700933
People do try, but the ones who are willing to go to contests very few. This is not about the amount of costumes they bring into the scene, its about the quality. As was already say, not all people have money to spend like crazy, but even if they did, not all people have the skill to make something worth competing with. If you have talent and can make something decent, you're sure to place decently even with rigged results as you claim. But rigged results are not an excuse for poor quality cosplays, so stop complaining about it.
>>
Comicon less than a month away and the contest applications are opened.
Any of you going to try? Without counting the paid trips on other contests this one has the best prizes.
>>
>>8702319
Of course no one here is going to try, they'll just come here after the contest to bitch at how everyone looked like shit and the contest was rigged. Silly anon.
>>
>>8701164
>>8701164
>>8701164
Depends on the contest rules, some contests state that you cannot participate with a costume that was in anther international finale (C4 rules for example)

And while it's not against rules for most general contests, it us usually frowned upon when entering a small local contest with a big ass costume that you made previously for other big events, and raffle all prices.
>>
How was Lisboa Games Week?
>>
>>8707271
Pretty meh. Was expecting better.
>>
>>8707403
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>8707635
Event was full of little kids with Feromonas posters, they were giving away chocolate milk but there weren't many trash cans which leads to trash everywhere, you couldn't enter again after leaving (basically forcing you to wait forever to eat there because the lines for the 2 or 3 food roulote were crazy), meet and greet waiting line was in front of outside access, you had to wait forever to play anything interesting because there was no one from the organization trying to regulate the time which person played except for the VR stuff, and kids always wanted to play forever so I ended up leaving most "waiting lines", if you can even call them that. Maybe these are things that don't matter much but I got a bit annoyed , as I was expecting it to be better.
>>
XL Party was free and was much better than LGW, you could actually play some games.
>>
Does the south part of Portugal get decent events to go?
>>
>>8704163
I understand the frowning and that it is a bit annoying for a big costume to enter a small competition. But I still think that other people should understand the big costume contestants point of view. In our country most of our competitions are either small or a selection for an international competition. If you made a big costume for an international competition, don't want to enter another one but still want to use said costume for a contest, you have no choice but to enter a small competition and it gets quite sad that other people judge you for wanting to participate.
>>
>>8713827
there's an event in faro every summer but it's still quite new and takes place during august.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8nSqtmow0

a few interesting cosplays here and there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srI1dxhJuXw

who's the guy? Is he a well-known cosplayer in Portugal?
>>
>>8720953
I don't think he cosplays very much, if I'm not mistaken he's that girl's cousin or something?
>>
>>8720953
He's the girl's cousin, as far as I know he only ever cosplayed for ECG
>>
>>8720998
I've seen him cosplaying on cons a couple times aside from ECG but not much else.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.