[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you made your dream cosplay? Are you working on it now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 108

File: lulumotherfuckers.jpg (47KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
lulumotherfuckers.jpg
47KB, 500x474px
Have you made your dream cosplay? Are you working on it now? Well why the fuck not? DO IT SEAGULLS!

Post you in your dream costume. Post progress. Post what it is and your bullshit reasons for not doing it yet. Then have other gulls yell inspirational things at you.

Pis related, I'm working on it for Katsu
>>
>>8683743
Seriously, fuck Lulu's design, the top half is awesome and great and everything but those fucking belts ruin it for me. I've never seen a cosplay where it doesn't look stupid, because it even looks stupid in 2D. If only she had an alternate outfit I could cosplay her, she's basically a perfect character for me looks and body-wise. Fuck Nomura, seriously
>rant over
>>
File: eikoref.jpg (195KB, 977x1281px) Image search: [Google]
eikoref.jpg
195KB, 977x1281px
Finally tomorrow I will bring one of my dream cosplay, Eiko Carol, stil hating her "pants".
>>
>>8683784
Godspeed on those shoes, anon
>>
File: r9w0t2-l-610x610e.jpg (79KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
r9w0t2-l-610x610e.jpg
79KB, 610x406px
I just need to bite the bullet and get into shape, but damn do I suck at sticking to a workout routine
>>
>>8683743
she is my dream cosplay as well.
im just stressin about all of the embroidery/belts...someday I'll do it. good luck, though!
>>
File: Witch-hunter-robin2.jpg (24KB, 347x720px) Image search: [Google]
Witch-hunter-robin2.jpg
24KB, 347x720px
>>8683743
>Well why the fuck not?

because I'm fat lmao
I would otherwise cosplay the character anyway cause I don't give a shit, but I really like this character and don't often see cosplays of her because she's from an older anime that isn't super popular. it's just robin from witch hunter robin. nothing super ridiculous, I just think she's cool/neat. anyways yeah I think I'm gonna wait until I lose at least some weight to cosplay her, mostly because since she's cosplayed so little I really want to do my best to do her justice.
>>
>>8683990
I mean, this one obviously uses corsetry so unless you're huge you can just cinch yourself to accuracy
>>
>>8684030
she's definitely not wearing a corset nor does she ever wear one at any point during the anime. the black thing she has on is just a pinafore dress and her outfit is just from her growing up in a convent with nuns, though I agree in that I probably could use a corset underneath the cosplay

it's mostly my face and arms; I think if I just lost like 20-30 pounds my face would thin out (I have the vague beginnings of a double chin) and it would also look better if I worked on my arm flab. even though I'd still be a chubby chan everything would look at least proportionate, which ultimately is what I want. I also like to believe that I carry my weight decently as well (and therefore look a bit better than you may think, especially with angles)
>>
I'd love to cosplay this, I just don't know if it's possible with my sewing and crafting skills. The robot arms, the gun sword, and well mostly all of it seems impossible. Especially getting a trained falcon.
>>
>>8683743
>Well why the fuck not?
money
>>
>>8683990

>mfw Witch Hunter Robin was my first anime

If you do it anon, for the love of god please post pics
>>
File: 390532.jpg (88KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
390532.jpg
88KB, 500x335px
>>8683743
This has been a dream couple cosplay since I was twelve, and my current boyfriend likes Tsubasa too, but a) he hasn't finished reading it and b) money, we're trying to save for a house. I also don't think I suit Sakura (I look bad with short hair and I'm curvy) but it will happen, dammit. I'm considering taobao-ing it for cheapness.
>>
>>8684165
What is it, I'm curious?
>>
I want to cosplay a Patrick Nagel art piece, complete with cocaine-white skin and minimalist features.
>>
File: tumblr_l2wkwdPnmK1qbgm68o1_1280.jpg (218KB, 1066x982px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l2wkwdPnmK1qbgm68o1_1280.jpg
218KB, 1066x982px
>>8684797
...or you could be Desire from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series.
>>
>>8684073
>Especially getting a trained falcon.

Kek.

I've been wanting to do Swain for years now. Just cause he's my favorite. Only thing stopping me if that I have beautiful long hair and there's no way I could pull off that bald cap without it looking like tumors and melting skin .
>>
File: cinderella_1950.jpg (82KB, 665x400px) Image search: [Google]
cinderella_1950.jpg
82KB, 665x400px
This one has been a dream of mine for a while, think I'm finally gonna do it next year. I know it doesn't seem that hard but I really want to nail all aspects of it.

I want the skirt to be really full with lots of fabric but also still light? So maybe a few layers of chiffon over the base of the dress (hoop+petti+base skirt+several layers of chiffon/lightweight sheer fabric) I've made ballgowns before but they were all very structured
>>
>>8684865
The new jew nose makes it especially hard tbh
>>
>>8683749
If it makes you feel any better, I agree with you 100%
>>
>>8684876
promise me you will glitter like the sun
>>
File: 1442278768967.jpg (734KB, 1366x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1442278768967.jpg
734KB, 1366x1932px
I have some complications.
>>
File: SMTII-Aleph.jpg (16KB, 200x389px) Image search: [Google]
SMTII-Aleph.jpg
16KB, 200x389px
>Can't make the comp
>Never made a cosplay this complicated before
>Cost too much to commission
>>
File: sherlock holmes.jpg (377KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock holmes.jpg
377KB, 960x540px
I can make the gun and probably the head gear but nothing else.
>>
File: th-4.jpg (11KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
th-4.jpg
11KB, 201x300px
Been working for 6 months on it
>>
File: bison 4v5.jpg (34KB, 344x247px) Image search: [Google]
bison 4v5.jpg
34KB, 344x247px
I need to get started on my M. Bison.. but now that Street Fighter 5 just came out.. not sure which version I should make. Classic look with cape? Or new look with Trench Coat?
>>
Next year is the year all my pay goes towards Varia suit samus, complete with lights and sound effects.
>>
File: 662091-rachnera_arachnera.jpg (237KB, 714x684px) Image search: [Google]
662091-rachnera_arachnera.jpg
237KB, 714x684px
>tfw I can never cosplay her because it's physically impossible to do it accurately.

I hate that this is my dream cosplay
>>
File: akumahomura.png (500KB, 495x709px) Image search: [Google]
akumahomura.png
500KB, 495x709px
>>8683743
I finished Lulu for ECCC last year and it was a bitch to complete, especially the belt part. Please post pics when you're done, I'd love to see how it turns out!

I decided to finally tackle my dream cosplay of Akuma Homura. I'm not experienced in prop making so the wings will probably be the hardest part. I'm hoping to complete it for Sakura Con.
>>
>>8685844
I'm gonna be a spider thing for halloween, and gonna do my makeup test in a couple hours because i finally managed to find enough black spoons.
>>
>>8683743
I've made this outfit as my 3rd cosplay and the belt skirt is a fucking beast to do, mine still came out sloppy because i used real leather belts. I remade it 3 times in the process and honestly it was a pain in my ass. It's the most asinine design. This was completed about 2 years ago now and I really know more now than I did back then working with it. I'll probably come back and embroider the designs. I chose to make them colored because I wanted the designs to pop. They came out much brighter than I had anticipated and could not turn back at that point. I made the corset from scratch. I didnt miter a couple corners. I was dumb. It's just a bunch of small things that added up. I love wearing it albeit for short periods only. The belt skirt was made from a canvas a line skirt and then i hand sewed each belt on. I think I have somewhere around 50-60 belts. I fed two buckram covered steel boning hoops at the bottom of the canvas skirt. I didnt have a mannequin so I had no way to really measure the length properly and to see how it would drape. This doesnt drag at all. I can actually pick up the whole skirt and walk.

Tldr: I know my flaws with this but considering it was my third cosplay I made, I learned alot from it.
>>
>>8686042
Yours is still one of the best I've seen, honestly. Your belts aren't as droopy as others I've seen. I'd love to cosplay her, but honestly I don't think it's worth it to me to go through all of that. I may do Paine instead.
>>
File: monsoon.jpg (127KB, 1280x1828px) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.jpg
127KB, 1280x1828px
I've always wanted to cosplay monsoon. I just have no fucking idea how to do it without it looking shit, as I'm a stickler for detail and wouldn't be happy with anything less than a perfect cosplay.
>>
>>8685597
Anon please what is this? I've seen the figure and the design is precious.
>>
File: Weresheep.png (368KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
Weresheep.png
368KB, 640x431px
>>8683743
I want to cosplay this monstergirl. I would probably want to alter the top to not show any stomach though. But alas, I don't really want to deal with any consequences that would occur from cosplaying her, so it will probably just stay a dream.
>>
>>8686389
This one's easy. Bind your arms under your clothing like the armless equivalent of a headless horseman, chop up a mannequin or mannequin equivalent and thread the arms through just a few strands of 30lb+ fishing line, with a few small knots to hold things in place. You won't have access to your arms, but you'll get Monsoon's wibbly wobbly disconnected arms. If you really want to be cool, build snaps between the parts so you can puts your arms back together and then break them apart again!

Also, you'll need a handler because you won't have real arms.
>>
>>8685771
Capes suck to keep "winded". Go for the new thing, you can be as famous as that Laura that's been circulating around.
>>
>>8686069
Lulu anon here and thanks. In the end I spent 7-9 months worth of work on the whole outfit. I forgot to add I take no credit for the wig or jewelry. I plan on replacing the wig though, as well as restyling some parts.
I would say the best way to do this is to take your time with it and not give yourself to short of a deadline. Make it for future years but just go slow. I took a year break inbetween the belt skirt and the rest because I was just frustrated as well as stuck financially with continuing. It's just different for everyone so I don't want to discourage anyone from doing this cosplay. Just want to give them more of an insight/heads up. The one hilarious part of wearing this outfit, though, is having many people ask you whose belts you stole or whose pants are falling off. If you have more questions/need progress photos feel free to lemme know.
>>
I got into Cosplay with the goal of one day making an Alt-Eisen mecha costume. I had been kicking around the idea for it in my head for almost 10 years, long before I ever got into Cosplay. I spent 3 years building up my skills and practicing on two other mech suits before attempting it. I won a BiS award with it and everything. The problem I have now is trying to figure out a way to top it since I try to build bigger and better everytime.

>>8685694
Do you post progress anywhere? I'd love to see how its coming along.
>>
>>8686445
Some monster girls are cute as shit, but yeah, I don't think I want the attention I'd probably get for cosplaying one.
>>
>>8686042
This is some incredible work, anon! I really am in love with the skirt, it is the best one I have seen to date
>>
>>8686398
Drossel from Fireball Charming. If I could see someone doing this version I can die a happy gull.

More related to the topic, what do you do when you do your dream cosplay and you kind of disappoint yourself? Like... I don't think I should have done it at my current skill level. I have a feeling it looked pretty shit, but since literally no pictures ever came back to me I can't even verify that.
>>
>>8686556
> If I could see someone doing this version I can die a happy gull.

its out there anon. its a frontal view version though
>>
File: MS-18E_Kaempfer.gif (27KB, 360x440px) Image search: [Google]
MS-18E_Kaempfer.gif
27KB, 360x440px
I dont get a lot of free time I lost my wife last year and have two autistic boys so I'll post what can here when I get a chance
>>
File: tumblr_m9v460vts61r4k51vo1_1280.jpg (377KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9v460vts61r4k51vo1_1280.jpg
377KB, 1280x1707px
>>8686579
You mean this one?
It's not bad, just not... entirely there. Mostly the normal hips bother me. Okay, the shoes kind of do too, but that's more forgiveable.
>>
>>8684043
if you are loosing the weight, this would be pretty forgiving. other anon is right though, using boning and or some foundation garment would make this look much better and would give you shape.
>>
File: 1445826895467.jpg (716KB, 1489x2155px) Image search: [Google]
1445826895467.jpg
716KB, 1489x2155px
>>8685844
I got the idea in my head that I wanted to do a Rachnera cosplay too. To make it possible you could make her "pedipals" your legs (maybe wear black heels to match). Scale down the legs and second abdomen so it's not too big.

I feel like monster girl cosplays look really impressive just because of how hard they can be. People wouldn't be mean because you can't remove your human legs.

I've wanted to do a Centorea cosplay ever since I realized how much I love her, but I have no idea how I could make it work and look good.
>>
File: jetstreamsam.jpg (133KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
jetstreamsam.jpg
133KB, 1280x1707px
>>8686389
ayy, more MGR

Anyway, my dream cosplay would be Jetstream Sam, spring-loaded gun-sheath, glowing red sword and flip-out battle mask included. Too bad I don't have (much) experience with armor/prop making, or even sewing for that matter.
>>
For lulu I think the only way to make the belts light is to use stiff strips of something light like sintra then cover it in thin fake leather
>>
>>8683749
Jesus your body sounds amazing
>>
File: 1418805135859.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418805135859.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>8686389
>>8686791

just finished mgsv but tfw no money and lack of ability to work with prosthetics

Another more viable one would be Quiet honestly. As terrible as that probably sounds i really like her character (everything other then being a shoe-horned love interest) and her outfit even though in my head i know its fanservice shit
Im trying to organize a workout routine so I can get in shape before I do it next year though, I dont want to be skinnyfat quiet
[spoiler]at this rate tho it probably wont happen and i'll drop it since i cant do her the service she needs/deserves[/spoilerswhen]
>>
Short of suddenly becoming a god-tier crossplayer shit ain't happening
>>
>>8685199
I'm gonna glitter up and apply rhinestones until my hands break off
>>
>>8685844
You can do it anon but it's going to cost you a lot o f money and you would be big like the hulk buster unless you scale it down.
>>
File: img_sword_f.jpg (137KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
img_sword_f.jpg
137KB, 650x850px
>>8683743
>Post what it is and your bullshit reasons for not doing it yet

Swordsman class from Ragnarok Online. Game is over 10 years old and pretty much no one plays it anymore, lack of good reference photos and I've never made armor before, worried it'd turn out like shit.
>>
File: folken21a.jpg (29KB, 625x479px) Image search: [Google]
folken21a.jpg
29KB, 625x479px
>>8683743
Welp, I've had numerous dream costumes which I've either made or taken off my list over the years.

I guess the cosplay still on my list that's been around longest is Folken. Part of the reason I've put it off is that I'm a 5'9 female and know I don't have his look. The other is that damn arm of his. I want to do it perfectly. I've had his wig for like 5+ years now.

Also, my cosplay group doesn't do shit anymore... I'd like to have someone to pose with.
>>
>>8687537
Holy shit anon, I wish more people did RO cosplays. I wanted to do a 4 day event going from 1st class->2nd class->rebirth 2nd class->3rd class eventually, Future hopeful Geneticist reporting in for solidarity.
>>
>>8687537
>>8687756
Future champion/asura seconding that.

There's no such thing as too much RO cosplay, anons, and you might be surprised who all might recognize you. Just recently saw a picture of almost all the 3rd classes in a group and ;w;
>>
>>8687537
I want the poop hat and the poring hat.
>>
>>8687798
>>8687811

Why do RO fans never live near each other/aren't aware there are RO fans near them

;~;
>>
>>8686588
>I dont get a lot of free time I lost my wife last year
Sorry to hear that man
>>
File: Ffta-viera-elementalist.jpg (34KB, 489x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ffta-viera-elementalist.jpg
34KB, 489x533px
Viera Elementalist from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance used to be my dream cosplay because of the awesome bodypaint. I never did it because I was too fat.
Now I'm not fat anymore but I've become more prudish and don't care that much about the cosplay anymore....

>>8687537
Ragnarok is fucking awesome but I can see where you're coming from. I also feel like the new generation of cosplayers would have no idea who you are. I've only seen a few RO cosplayers in my country when the game was at it's most popular and not many people seemed to recognize them.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445953744647.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445953744647.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
I can't sew or make armor for shit. As in I'm a complete noob.
>>
File: Illidan_Stormrage_real.png (359KB, 428x476px) Image search: [Google]
Illidan_Stormrage_real.png
359KB, 428x476px
I keep working out, but I'll never be swole enough...

Plus I have no idea how to make the tatoos, since I'm afraid they will just rub off.
>>
>>8688322
You and me anon.
>>
>>8687574
HNNG. Anon... I wish we could be friends because he was one of my first husbandos. Would cosplay Eriya with you.
>>
>>8688322
And then some Dota player calls you terrorblade and runs away laughing
>>
>>8684170
This is my favourite outfit for Sakura in TRC. & it's great that you have a Syaoran to go with you (wanted to do this ver too but don't have a Syaoran sadly) Go for it and slowly get the things you need together, you can do it!
>>
I have two. One is Ion Fortuna.

Things that are stopping me are time, patience, skill level and money.
>>
File: 142645.jpg (2MB, 1998x1347px) Image search: [Google]
142645.jpg
2MB, 1998x1347px
>>8688780
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>8688780
>>8688781
Second is Garnet's coronation gown in Final Fantasy IX. Same reasons as Ion. One day though.
>>
File: AbelNightrodEstherBlanchett.jpg (189KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AbelNightrodEstherBlanchett.jpg
189KB, 688x1000px
>>8688780

I feel you hardcore. I did Esther like eight years ago now, but I want to redo it because tbh it didn't come out that well. I'm getting a dank-ass embroidery machine next month though and I want nothing more than to do this version of her some serious justice. I already have a pattern for her underskirt's lace digitized and ready to get chugged through my new machine a few hundred times.
>>
>>8688162
I've done this! Aside from no one sharing my love for the Tactics series and being mistaken for Fran it's a really fun cosplay
>>
>>8688924
I really need to break down and read the Trinity Blood manga. These designs I always see are so beautiful and the anime is so lackluster in comparison.
>>
>>8689070

The manga is actually only based on half of the content present in the novels. If you want the full story, the novels are the way to go. Kinda like Vampire Hunter D.
>>
>>8686445
I cosplayed this recently and it actually wasn't better or worse than any other slightly revealing Cosplay as far as attention goes. Hardly anyone even knew what monster girls were, I just got a lot of "no idea what you are but damn it's cute." I think the lack of cleavage keeps the mega creeps away?
>>
>>8688319
Get it commissioned unless you poor.

>>8688162
You should try to do it again unless you grew on from FFTA and totally hate the series now. Same thing happened with me and Hetalia. I like some of the designs but want nothing to do with Hetalia.
>>
>>8688162
I did a Viera Summoner last year I have a soft spot for the tactics games. Im surprised no SJW said I was black facing for airbrushing myself and my friend who did a Archer darker. Go for it anon I'd love to see more Viera.
>>
Most of my dream cosplays would require multiple willing people to reenact poses from recognizable scenes and I just don't have the social ability and connections to gather the level of talent for that unless I'm, say, a casting or movie director with budget and clout with a studio or something.

Basically the kind of expensive vanity project that results in shit like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI
>>
>>8689500
Would you have any pics of your cosplay? I'd love to see it!
>>
File: Viera.jpg (15KB, 200x358px) Image search: [Google]
Viera.jpg
15KB, 200x358px
>>8689048
>>8689514
>>8689602
>being mistaken for Fran
>being mistaken for blackface
oh man, I didn't even think of these things. And I'd defenitely need to make myself more tan otherwise you wouldn't see the body paint.
Maybe I should go for the Archer instead, it's less skimpy and no body paint. It was my second favorite but I think I like it more now.
Thanks for the advice guls! I feel like I should do this now to celibrate all that weight loss!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-27-13-53-30.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-27-13-53-30.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I have no idea how to do the fucking wig. She's basically got cornrows and I'm fucking lost. Outfit will be easy, hell, I have the hammer pretty much sculpted, all I need is the final bit. I'm already broad and tall enough. But how the fuck do I tackle that fucking wig.

Help me, gulls, you're my only hope.
>>
File: 2232881-simonbelmontmof[1].png (4MB, 1678x2436px) Image search: [Google]
2232881-simonbelmontmof[1].png
4MB, 1678x2436px
Simon Belmont, Lords of Shadow version.
I need to weight train some more to get the ripped look. I can do the armour easy enough, I'm not used to working with fabric so that will be a challenge. The demon head torso armour will be a lot of fun to make.
Also working on Gabranth from Final Fantasy XII. Designed the armour last yearm needs reworking I think. Especially the helmet, I keep over designing the helmet and when it comes time to make it in papercraft it's too fiddley to work on.
>>
>>8689881
Woudl be great to see this done well. There is a shortage of good LoS cosplays.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1000x1000px
>>8689768
Ignoring my messy craft room and shit collage skills, this was pretty fun to make/wear!
>>
>>8690126
No lie that shit is super cute.
>>
>>8690126
these horns looks like croissants
>>
>>8689872
Have you tried small braids instead of cornrows?
>>
>>8689872
im not sure about the wig but oh my god. ive been waiting for someone to cosplay hammer for so long
>>
>>8690427
Honestly, I'm waiting for the wig to get here and it's going to be in two separate parts, because it's a huge ponytail of braids. Should I just pin it to the wig head and braid, then attach the pony clip and braid, do you think?

>>8690454
I've wanted to cosplay her since I picked up the game back in...2009? I got into Fable late, so I think that's right. I'm tall and broad, so she works. (Fat too, but I'm slowly working at it.)
Trying to convince my husband to do Reaver and hoping to find some other people for Sparrow and Garth.
>>
>>8688348
Same, he's probably still in my top 10 honestly. It still feels weird to crossplay your own husbando, especially when you don't do dumbass yaoi poses in costume.
>>
>>8683784
garnet/eiko have the most unflattering outfits in existence
>>
File: latest.png (233KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
233KB, 800x600px
I've always wanted to cosplay Reimu, but I have no experience what so ever outside of closet cosplays. I've looked up many tutorials and other things as well. I'm just scared of screwing it all up.
>>
>>8690126
That is cute as fuck. Ty Anon!
>>
File: Blade of Mercy.png (943KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blade of Mercy.png
943KB, 601x600px
This prop has almost been broken four times while I've been crafting it.
It is the survivor.
It will go with me to my grave.
>>
>>8691086
You could just buy a cosplay so you don't have to worry about making it yourself. I think Bodyline has a really cheap one and there's tons of Reimu costumes on Taobao.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (540KB, 2000x2539px) Image search: [Google]
Asura.jpg
540KB, 2000x2539px
One day, /cgl/, one day....
>>
File: DrakeRedcrest.jpg (85KB, 396x570px) Image search: [Google]
DrakeRedcrest.jpg
85KB, 396x570px
Any tips on beginning to make this cosplay?
>>
File: Flavia_Official_Art.jpg (205KB, 618x893px) Image search: [Google]
Flavia_Official_Art.jpg
205KB, 618x893px
tfw i want to be my waifu but I'm flabby and poor. I might actually work towards doing this one for next year though once I lear to do armor well
>>
Just got home from work. Babysitter let dumbass boyfriend park his truck in my garage completely wrecked all my work. I have to start from scratch
>>
>>8696372
Armor and Kamen rider/sentai helmet making? Depends on your budget and patience.
>>
>>8697156
Jesus, what did he do? Run over something? What a twat
>>
Had everything laid out finished clear coat on outer shell was going to put it all together and take pictures this afternoon. I got home from a 23 hour shift opened my garage and saw this big Omaha Orange truck ontop of almost a years worth of work. I went inside my kids were awake watching daniel tiger. But no babysitter in sight. Went back towards my room. Hear giggling and laughing. GODD4M3 babysitter and her jugglio boyfriend are naked in my bed making fun of the sex tapes me and my late wife made. She went through my computer. Wasn't watching my kids.Naked my bed with dumbas
>>
He ran over my shit and all they could say was its not that big of a deal
>>
File: ac-heath.jpg (161KB, 700x1220px) Image search: [Google]
ac-heath.jpg
161KB, 700x1220px
6 years after playing this game and 2 years after getting back into cosplay, I'm finally starting to gather the materials for this guy. I'm terrified of fucking up, but at the same time looking forward to the challenges it'll bring.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 833x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 833x820px
For me Terra Battle designs are a 10/10 and I absolutely love Lewto Lambda form, too bad that I'm learning to sew only now with the help of my gf and have almost zero experience with armor and prop making
(Also there are no images of how his feet are, I hope that Mistwalker will release their art book soon)
>>8697343
Damn, that sucks man, I hope they haven't stolen anything from you
>>
File: 1345666193666.jpg (15KB, 349x263px) Image search: [Google]
1345666193666.jpg
15KB, 349x263px
>>8697343
Holy shit. How you didn't batter the two of them on the spot I don't know!
>>
File: 105.png (710KB, 448x960px) Image search: [Google]
105.png
710KB, 448x960px
Some guy from my hometown saw my past cosplay pics on fb, we started talking and I mentioned my favorite show was Eva, he jumped on the idea and told me I should cosplay Asuka and that'd he'd get me the plugsuit. That just leaves me with hair and makeup really.

Also should I be creeped out by the guy facebook stalking me then wanting to cosplay with me? I thought it was a little off but I had talked to him for a while before he brought up pic related.
>>
>>8698166
>told me I should cosplay Asuka and that'd he'd get me the plugsuit
Yes. You should be. That's something I'd suggest to my girlfriend, not someone on facebook. You don't want him feeling entitled.
>>
>>8698166
please please PLEASE do not let them buy this for you. this is totally a 'nice guy' move on his part, he will likely expect something for it and shit will end with a mess. i've dealt with this shit enough to know this guy is just going to cause you a lot of grief.
>>
File: 11.png (2MB, 882x886px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
2MB, 882x886px
>>8698171
That's true, I guess I should also be weirded out that he insisted on the plugsuit- Id rather the outfit shown here.

>>8698172
I was kinda upfront with him that I'm interested in some one else and was uninterested, Ill refuse the free costume. Should I just avoid him or still go to a con with him?
>>
>>8698183
it doesn't matter how upfront you are, he will still try to do this in the hopes that he will 'take your kindess as affection and fall for you' it will end poorly. i would just tell him that you want to make/commission it yourself in order to feel satisfied about doing it yourself and leave it at that.
>>
>>8698198
holy shit where did my brain go. he will do it in the hopes you will fall for him and take your kindness as affection. sorry i'm very tired.
>>
>>8698183
Avoid. Sounds like a "Nice Guy" who's gonna feel entitled to your affection after doing something for you, then write you off as a huge cocktease/ungrateful bitch when - surprise - you don't want to sleep with him
>>
>>8698198
>>8698210
Fair enough, thanks for the advice anon. I don't wanna end up with some guy trying to fuck me an entire convention and then trying to make me ungreatful for not doing so.

>>8698230
I dunno, he's older than me I think so I guess I was inclined to think he wouldn't do teenage nice stuff first. *sigh*, Ive been to gamestores though, I know those types can last until middle age.
>>
File: Sabriel_Book_Cover.jpg (49KB, 310x514px) Image search: [Google]
Sabriel_Book_Cover.jpg
49KB, 310x514px
Ive been wanting to go this cosplay for years but if i do it i dont want to cut any corners. I want do make or commission a real leather bandelier, real scale male and embroidered key. I dont have the time right now or really money to do it, but one day.
>>
>>8698471
Is that the original cover of Sabriel? Wow.
I think go for it, it would look amazing with the bells and definitely be unique!
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 401x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 401x640px
I've never embroidered anything and that's the main thing holding me back. Are there any substitutions to embroidery that don't look like garbage?
>>
File: metallicleatherapplique.jpg (192KB, 736x1177px) Image search: [Google]
metallicleatherapplique.jpg
192KB, 736x1177px
>>8699479
This is a closeup of a Dolce & Gabana dress embellished with metallized leather appliquéd. Behold the shiny gold designs without massive encrustations of satin stitching! You could probably do something similar with a thin pleather + Lumiere acrylics.
(I too am procrastinating on a Trinity Blood costume due to embellishment problems.)
>>
>>8686389
Just do him in his non compartmental form.
>>
>>8698166
Say something like "Hey that's a really generous offer, but I don't know if my boyfriend would be okay with another guy spending that much on me."

Then see what his reaction is.
>>
File: Rangda.jpg (54KB, 512x632px) Image search: [Google]
Rangda.jpg
54KB, 512x632px
The missing legs could probably be faked with black tights. All that hair is what scares me here. Idk how many wigs I'm gonna need for that monstrosity...
>>
>>8697343
What the actual shit. Just... wow, man.
>>
>>8697343
is this real life
>>
>>8685848
Good luck anon. I've tried cosplaying her twice and it's still not at 100%. The wings are a pain in the ass because of the open back design. Props to you if you can figure it out!
>>
>>8683749
One thing I see a lot are Lulu cosplayers actually attaching the belts to the dress without any other kind of support. All this does is mess up the skirt and make it more prone to being ripped/shapeless.

I would make a cage skirt to go underneath to help shape it and put the belts over that. The weight of the belts would be supported by your hips.
>>
>>8688924
I did Abel back in 2007 and good lord.. I only did half of the armor stuff and I had to repair things after nearly every wear. That stuff got heavy.
>>
>>8697343
Make Juggalo Joe pay for shit, fire skank babysitter and put that bitch on blast everywhere.
>>
>>8697343
>>8697156
Gulls can we ruin someone's lives or no personal army?
>>
File: image.jpg (936KB, 3700x3700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
936KB, 3700x3700px
tfw dream cosplay is completely nude
>>
>>8703544
haha wow you're fucked
I don't think the nakedness is the biggest problem though, you can solve that with a nude suit. Bigger problems would be the extreme uncomfortness and not being able to move at all inside (if you even get inside)
>>
File: 340.png (91KB, 169x340px) Image search: [Google]
340.png
91KB, 169x340px
I've wanted to do a genderbend Marisa Kirisame cosplay for a while now, finally got around to starting on it. Almost have the waistcoat and after that I'm gonna start on the hat. As I'm not a huge fan of wearing a skirt I thought I'd replace it with some puffy pants, and then just wear some boots instead of her regular shoes.
>>
>>8703544
It probably won't work well for cons but it could be cool for a photoshoot.
>>
I have a dream checklist
>pilot / plugsuit
>full knight armor
>mecha

I already completed one of my dreams, which was a decent crossplay.
>>
>>8698471
MY FRIEND

This is my ultimate dream... Except I'd want to do the hair as described in the book (I think he write "fashionably bobbed")

I want a Book of the Dead and a tiny Mogget too :D
>>
>>8701842
i want to cosplay her but i'm kinda scared of the wings
>>
File: image.png (100KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100KB, 600x620px
Literally just can't afford to put money aside for the harness if I want to make ends meet.

It not even that hard, but times are rough.
>>
File: Beatrix-ffix.png (96KB, 172x431px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix-ffix.png
96KB, 172x431px
I've always wanted to do Beatrix because she was my favourite character when I was younger and she has an awesome sword!
I think I was always wary of making armour and props but hopefully it'll be done in time for Spring!
>>
>>8704466
I did her somewhat recently and people loved it. Keep in mind, the eyepatch can fuck you up in crowded spaces more than you might think, but it's a worthwhile costume.
>>
>>8687537
I know that feeling Anon. I've been wanting to do the Pope in Rachel from RO but I feel like that'd be above and beyond obscure since I'm not even sure how many people did those type of quests while playing.
>>
>>8703416
We can if others agree to it. It's only "not your personal army" if the poster themselves ask.

If gulls decide to take up the cause on their own..well, that's another story.
>>
File: Celes.Chere.full.85011.jpg (145KB, 605x858px) Image search: [Google]
Celes.Chere.full.85011.jpg
145KB, 605x858px
I need a proper workspace in a clean house or apartment before I would want to attempt this. My current place has limited space and not enough for all the patterning and planning for the beading this needs. I'm glad I found the Sakizou dress for Celes because I've always loved that scene but the dress from the opening is way too plain.
>>
>>8700515
See the thing that irks me is he initially said he'd make it, then he said he'd buy it. If he could actually make the thing Id buy it off him but you all have made it clear to me I shouldn't accept the free outfit.

I dunno at least it gave me the courage to start working on the cosplay.
>>
File: 1437259217360.png (217KB, 550x498px) Image search: [Google]
1437259217360.png
217KB, 550x498px
I should seriously consider hopping on gear
>>
File: 9a17f64d.gif (54KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
9a17f64d.gif
54KB, 500x654px
>>8704903
Dude I've had that dress on my list for about three years but I have the same issue with lack of workspace.
I'm also thinking about doing something more like pic related (one of Sakizo's other Celes sketches).
>>
File: img_utsutsu.gif (28KB, 270x412px) Image search: [Google]
img_utsutsu.gif
28KB, 270x412px
ive been planning how to do that wig for 2 years..praying ill get to it in 2016
>>
Everything said and done. Babysitter blacklisted by entire community. Taking jugglo joe blow to small claims court even though materials and time spent makingy lawyer says there's no way im getting. More then 900 dollars from him but I have a plan to bury him. So only things salvageable are the right arm and head piece
>>
My absolute dream cosplay.
But the dress alone would take me years with all the embroidery and I'm lacking the skills for the necklace and headpiece that I will probably never aquire T__T
>>
File: Sk_rmklipp.png (694KB, 504x617px) Image search: [Google]
Sk_rmklipp.png
694KB, 504x617px
>Post what it is and your bullshit reasons for not doing it yet.

I'm not anime hot, and my armor making skills could use some help before I tackle this.
>>
>>8707038
If you ever end up doing this, please post pics. So much love for Moulin Rouge.
>>
>>8686870
>love interest

Nah it was more of a father daughter thing.
>>
File: 5218.jpg (179KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5218.jpg
179KB, 800x1200px
>>8707038

That needn't take you years. All you need is a base dress which you can make yourself or buy a wedding dress. Then buy a white saree with a wide beaded edge and add that to the dress.

Head pieces and necklace are going to be a little more tricky but nothing you couldn't pull off by visiting your local little India in town and buying a bunch of costume jewelry to piece together in the right shapes with jump rings.

If the cards fell right the entire thing could take you a month to make rather than years.
>>
>>8706994
Wreck their shit, anon.
>>
>>8690126
Fuck that's cute. I'm tempted to make this one or the Mothman but the idea of working with more fur gives me nightmares.
>>
>>8708406
But that would be inaccurate as fuck....
If I would make this dress than it should be as perfect and close to the original as possible and I have HD pictures of the original costume where you can see every little pearl and bead they used 8'D
>>
>>8685844
I feel your pain. I really want to do Sheoldred (might just settle for Elesh Norn) but her body is stupid hard. Concept wise I thought of adding fabric underneath to mask my legs, but no plans yet to actually make her.
>>
>>8688780
I did Lilith two years ago! She was my dream cosplay, however I would definitely have spent more time on her if I could. You can do it! It just takes a shit tin of money with all the ridiculous details (in my case the bells)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
I'm working on gathering the sheet metal, red leather and metal press to start getting this number put together... it'll take a while to look good though
>>
File: Imu_SV.png (30KB, 349x540px) Image search: [Google]
Imu_SV.png
30KB, 349x540px
I've posted about this on several help threads, sorry about that.

But I just can't get it started. First thing is that I'm male, but that's not too big of an issue. I've crossplayed before. I just don't know what I'm missing. Last time I touched sewing machine was 10 years ago so I am VERY rusty. I really can't ask my grandma, she wouldn't really approve of me dressing as a girl.

That's not to say I don't have something. That something being the easiest things, hat, socks, staff and plain black boots I'm planning on commissioning covers for. The jacket is killing me, though. I don't know what I should do about it.

Money and time are always the biggest issues. At least I get 200 or so euros next month so I can kickstart this, but I honestly don't know if I make it for a con that's on early January.
>>
File: R-mika-sfv-cropped.jpg (505KB, 938x1152px) Image search: [Google]
R-mika-sfv-cropped.jpg
505KB, 938x1152px
Rainbow Mika is the only cosplay I want do to that couldn't pull off right now. Good thing I'm about to start lifting, but I would still alter the costume to actually cover my sides.
>>
>>8687056
Thums up for Slayers!
You can always dream, I guess.
>>
File: TrinityNewLook.png (291KB, 742x1274px) Image search: [Google]
TrinityNewLook.png
291KB, 742x1274px
> your bullshit reasons for not doing it yet.

Same as >>8704903 - no space.
My personal space at the moment is just big enough for a bed, a wardrobe and a desk with my PC. And "personal" is a bloody exaggeration with my aunt barging in without knocking half the time. I really need to move out again, or I'm going crazy before I get my degree ...
>>
>>8711661
there's like 5 other Female characters i'd cosplay in a fucking heartbeat given the chance too
>>
File: HollySummers.jpg (84KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
HollySummers.jpg
84KB, 600x900px
Holly's been on my list for almost 5 years now but I've been avoiding it because of her leg. I attempted it once in the past and it was horrible- I don't want to do any other part of the cosplay until I know I can make the leg. It's been a few years now so maybe I'd be able to manage to make an okay looking leg but eughhhh...
>>
>>8686445
Qi did it recently, and it looked really nice!
>>
File: image.jpg (464KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
464KB, 2560x1440px
One of my dream cosplays! But the tattoo and weapon and lord knows I can't sew..
>>
>>8714498
aw yeah anarchy reigns.

(god a pc port would be GREAT, might actually get players online)
>>
>>8707085
I wouldn't mind doing Griffith too, but I'm more worried about how everyone who recognizes Griffith would hate me with the fury of a thousand suns.
>>
File: Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png (581KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png
581KB, 800x1206px
ive wanted to do berserker armour guts ever since i first saw him but ive never done cosplay armour before and im afraid of wasting my money by fucking up
>>
Me and my boyfriend have been planning to make Punpun and Aiko for a while now, but I'm stalling because I'm nowhere near as skinny and tiny as Aiko.
>>
File: fanmix_cover-1645.jpg (163KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
fanmix_cover-1645.jpg
163KB, 474x474px
>>8722951
Dropped pic.
>>
>>8722951
Aiko's normal, pun's huge.
>>
File: Seraphim.jpg (139KB, 736x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Seraphim.jpg
139KB, 736x1027px
I'm going to need a lot more experience, money, and space before I can tackle this. It's so beautiful and I want to do it justice.
>>
File: war_boys_by_katree-d90knqf.jpg (961KB, 3000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
war_boys_by_katree-d90knqf.jpg
961KB, 3000x2100px
I'm in no where near good enough shape to do my dream cosplay as a Warboy or a genderbent Furiosa.

Also SJWs might have a fucking fit if I did the second one.
>>
>>8714459
I could see something that looks good with worbla. But it depends on how thin your legs are. It looks like other cosplayers used a white, thigh-high sock with the pattern drawn on.
>>
File: Karin_pt.png (183KB, 300x331px) Image search: [Google]
Karin_pt.png
183KB, 300x331px
Karin but the wig, damnit!
>>
>>8697343
File trespassing complaint
Sue for damages in small claims court
>>
I know I have the technical skills to make my dream cosplay, but there's some emotional drama behind it that holds me back. How do I get over it?
>>
>>8685844
Oh man I'm in the same boat. I want to do Rachnera the most, but also really want to cosplay Miia and Centorea.

I was planing on making her front legs my legs and just standing normally, and have the body and other 6 legs attached to a harness around my hips.

I think that if you do it and pull it off as well as you can as a human and not a spider girl then it still has potential to look amazing!

I'm also worried about making Miia's tail look not wrinkly and baggy.
>>
>>8709053

I'm happy to see that someone wants to cosplay Imu! I was Asuka at a con recently but didn't get any photos.
Honestly, for the jacket I'd go to your local Spotlight and try to find some appropriate patterns. You're going to need interfacing and you HAVE to do a mockup first.
Basically, you're going to need to make the whole jacket out of really cheap crappy fabric and make it fit you, and then cut it up to use as your pattern.

You'll want iron on interfacing for the 'cross' shapes (i'd satin stitch a white cross that's interfaced onto the green jacket and then a black cross that's interfaced on top of that one.

Start on the front and back pieces of the jacket first. then do the sleeves and then figure out the details on it. It's a difficult cosplay and it might take a while but I'm sure that you'll be a great Imu!

Also, her skirt is box pleats, and you're going to want bias binding for the black stripe on it.

I'd suggest using the same fabric for her hat, jacket and shoes so that all the greens match!

I'm sorry if this made no sense at all but hopefully I helped a bit!
>>
>>8698471
One day I really want to do this, but embroidering the keys in the surcoat would be such a huge pain in the ass...
>>
>>8707038
Even more than the beauty of the dress and accessories, I am struck by how pained her boobs look squished practically up to her shoulders like that.
>>
File: 867738_1320010663871_full.jpg (14KB, 200x286px) Image search: [Google]
867738_1320010663871_full.jpg
14KB, 200x286px
Vanessa wedding dress Maaybe this year? I dunno depends on getting my weight down.
>>
>>8706205
Her "mech" is my dream cosplay
>>
>>8686445
Wore mine to Fanime and despite being kinda fluffy in the weight department a lot of people liked it! Most thought I was done character from Fairytale.

I say go for it anon! Just smother yourself in fluff and enjoy being a rapesheep!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_newgmxTuBq1r52ni0.jpg (106KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_newgmxTuBq1r52ni0.jpg
106KB, 500x687px
Godoka is my dream and I want to do it for a con in 8 months time, but I don't even know what to start with so if anyone has any tips please feel free to share!
>>
File: Selendis_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (75KB, 684x976px) Image search: [Google]
Selendis_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
75KB, 684x976px
Selendis from SC2... I just wanna make it like right now!!
>>
File: 1368651883389.jpg (146KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1368651883389.jpg
146KB, 500x750px
Once I've done this I will probably quit cosplaying.
>>
>>8684865
You can do it one day anon!

If we're talking League, this would be mine.

>not fit enough
>not tall enough
>want to make it more like the splash art and less like the in game model

I've never really seen a Shyvana cosplay I like that translates well into real life.
One day, maybe... ;_;
>>
>>8717741
>>8717769
>>8707085

Let's all do a Berserk group, Or at least dream about it together.
>>
>>8698166

From one Asuka to another, don't do it. Any guy who's favorite series is Eva is either the type of guy that's kind of weird but you could deal with, or one of these.
>>8698183
Do not go to the con with him, for god's sake. I used to do a lot of Eva related stuff at my local cons and I have all but stopped because of one weird stalker dude that sounds like this, and I didn't even give him the time of day. Avoid eva boys like the plague.
>>
>>8686497
This is amazing. What materials did you use?
>>
>>8725142
You could probably do what some anons do with that one blond girl's hair from KLK and go from there with drills/curls.
>>
File: Samurai.Flamenco.full.1625548.jpg (4MB, 3300x2280px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.Flamenco.full.1625548.jpg
4MB, 3300x2280px
I can't figure out how to do the bottom half or the boots even after kind seagulls helped me. There's no official artwork with the whole outfit or the back of it compared to his other suits so I would have to guess what 25 or more percentage of it looks like. So I just scrapped the idea for his episode 18 outfit.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Elena from Pandora's Tower is a dream cosplay, but alas, I am backlogged on like a dozen cosplays I already bought stuff for.
>>
>>8685771
Go with the new SFV look!
>>
>>8710601
so does this mean lots of squats?
>>
File: auron-final-fantasy-x.jpg (92KB, 483x650px) Image search: [Google]
auron-final-fantasy-x.jpg
92KB, 483x650px
I haven't attempted cosplay before, and have no skills in craft at all, but I absolutely idolise cosplayers, so I want to attempt it.
I know a few people that can help teach me the fundamentals, so I'm going to give it a shot, trying something amazing.

My dream is to create pic related, by August 2016.
No idea how I'll do it yet, but I'm already learning so much browsing /cgl/
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>hair
>wings
>arms
>GLOWING HEART EYES

i am definitely gonna do this in the near future but i already have like five recently made/updated cosplays i want to bring to my next con so i'm trying to avoid making new things until after
>>
File: RagingRavenMGS4.jpg (188KB, 1280x882px) Image search: [Google]
RagingRavenMGS4.jpg
188KB, 1280x882px
Money, skill, etc.
It'd be so much fun though.. That or Laughing Octopus.
>>
File: Senjumaru Shutara.png (252KB, 817x601px) Image search: [Google]
Senjumaru Shutara.png
252KB, 817x601px
This lady.
>Post what it is and your bullshit reasons for not doing it yet
>Not enough skill
>only one(?) obscured colour panel of her
>Arms seemingly come out of nowhere behind her
>doesn't actually use her arms

One day

>>8736168
I'd love to cosplay her as well, something draws me to characters with multiple arms, not sure why.

>>8736214
Laughing Octopus is #1 cutie
>>
>>8736237
i want to do all of star's designs honestly, but that was my favorite episode and i just really love that particular design it's so cool....
>>
File: 2209263-zia.png (145KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
2209263-zia.png
145KB, 320x312px
One day my love... One day.
I want to be able to make a working harp guitar but I have no idea how to go about doing that. Not to mention that she is paler than the moon...
>>
File: redsonja.jpg (191KB, 2120x1744px) Image search: [Google]
redsonja.jpg
191KB, 2120x1744px
I know this is western comics (who cares), but I'm a natural red head, like Merida from Brave status, and I've always wanted to do a cosplay of Red Sonja from Conan the Barbarian. Gotta get shredded first though.
>>
>>8732043
Thank you. Its about 90% of that is Sintra. Some fiberglass and EVA foam as well.
>>
I'm a 5'1 chubby tittymonster girl.
>mfw will never be my husbando
>>
>>8736743
4'11 chubby titmonster reporting in. I know how you feel. I can only dream about doing the robot waifu justice
>>
File: 38c25fe7.jpg (198KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
38c25fe7.jpg
198KB, 853x1280px
Rui from Gatchaman CROWDS, but I'm not exactly passable at the moment

>>8706205
Gatcha!
>>
File: 800px-Kirari_SS_SSR+.jpg (212KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Kirari_SS_SSR+.jpg
212KB, 800x450px
I'm not nearly tall enough to pull this off, and I don't really have the right face for her anyway.

Plus with the amount of crazy detail in the outfit and how busy I am, this would take me years to complete and the series will be long dead by then.
>>
>>8686389
Anon...are you me?
>>
>>8686497
Hey I remember you, you did this at Supercon a few years back, awesome costume man - I was in the same contest as Artorias from Dark Souls, ended up getting best novice but you def deserved BiS lol
>>
File: paine-ffx2-concept-art.jpg (51KB, 530x740px) Image search: [Google]
paine-ffx2-concept-art.jpg
51KB, 530x740px
>>8683749
Have you considered cosplaying Paine from X-2? She has a similar look to Lulu, and the dress spheres mean there are a ton of outfits to pick from.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 736x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 736x540px
>>8685844
You could go with an option like pic related

or

Try something like these legs (vid below) and add the additional appendages so they match appropriately. To hide the straps I would mod the costume a bit to take more of a tarantula feel than sleek widow (for legs).

http://youtu.be/r8Rk8rCfdLk
>>
File: athenaref.jpg (160KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
athenaref.jpg
160KB, 1024x708px
Athena is my best girl and she's not even that hard but the wig scares me and I'm not curvy/tall enough for her. I bought a wig for her once but the quality was bad and it just discouraged me more.

Coming across a crossplay tutorial made me realize (really late) that I can put padding in the shoes since she wears boots though and I'm thinking of picking it up again.

>>8685612
Same reason why I'm not touching Iris, I feel like they both have the best designs but the most complicated.
>>
File: Screaming Mantis.jpg (234KB, 1280x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming Mantis.jpg
234KB, 1280x1486px
>>8736214
I feel you, my friend. Screaming Mantis has always been mine. Finally tackling it in 2016 though! I hope you can one day make one of those dreams come true because damn the B&B Unit are some of my favorite characters.
>>
>>8686659
This is shit. The main thing about Drossel is the hips and thighs, but they've been completely missed out. What was the point?
>>
>>8700503
even in his noncompartmental form, i have no idea how to make a suit that fits tight enough and still has an accurate texture.
>>
>>8741684
Wet look spandex possibly?
>>
>>8695900
Are the ones from bodyline actually decent?
>>
File: caitlyn.jpg (336KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
caitlyn.jpg
336KB, 1215x717px
Now that I'm into league again I'm considering it, but she's just so beyond my skill level. Not sewing-wise, I'm good enough to accomplish that, but that gun is ridiculous and I need to build up to it.
>>
>>8685844
I would go with the system used in >>8738822, and maybe extend her loincloth thing so your legs are hidden even more?
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1024x752px
Ashley from Wario Ware. I know shit about sewing(I can only make pillow cases and hand sew thanks to musical theatre). I stopped cosplaying for a while and now only do it when the cons I work for need me for an event or someone drops out of a panel. I'm always worried about looking as bad as I did when I was 13 and had my aunt sew me my Chihiro costume from Spirited Away.
>>
File: the grapist.gif (709KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
the grapist.gif
709KB, 300x168px
>tfw was watching old vids from highschool
>this shit came up
>thought it would be fucking hilarious to chase people around the con yelling how I'm gonna grape them in the mouth
>realize in this day and age, I'd get thrown out, and no doubt spark some internet controversy

Why even live?
>>
>>8742455
>ever being that obnoxious
>thinking that people would think it's funny
You're a deadpool cosplayer, aren't you.
>>
>>8742455
This board is 18+ buddy
>>
I've never made armor before but I'm hoping to cosplay Titania next year. I fucking love her design.
>>
>>8743588
oh my god do it. I believe in you. Use foam, make that armor, own that hair.
>>
>>8743588
Please PLEASE do this and maybe post results some day? Perhaps?
>>
>>8723213
Fuck SJW's, they have fits about everything anyways.
Get in shape, not just for your cosplay but for yourself.
>>
File: m2yluJ0.png (388KB, 620x351px) Image search: [Google]
m2yluJ0.png
388KB, 620x351px
Jessica Albert in her Divine Bustier armor. I can't sew, don't have huge boobs and don't think it'd be recognized very much anyway, oh well.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 640x853px
I've always wanted to cosplay KOS-MOS, particularly her first version (pic related) and fourth version (a similar looking bullshit). But I've never gotten the balls to do it.

Plus I played the games as a kid and I've forgotten most of what it was even about so obviously I wanna play the whole thing through again before even touching my dream cosplay.
>>
File: usui.png (345KB, 1024x1342px) Image search: [Google]
usui.png
345KB, 1024x1342px
Workspace is what's limiting me mostly. Mannequin arms would be way too heavy so I'd probably do this over a foam base, which would require a lot of work, carving, and finishing. The harness scares me too, especially with the pair of arms in front. And don't get me started on the weight of the wig...
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 420x480px
>>8749583
V4 for anyone interested

Of course I'd also do gun.
>>
File: 1287487-marina_liteyears_2[1].png (216KB, 444x640px) Image search: [Google]
1287487-marina_liteyears_2[1].png
216KB, 444x640px
Not sure how to do those feet or what materials to use for this one.
>>
>>8749615
Haha oh wow this game
>>
>>8696183
that would be dope!
>>
>>8685694
kamfer is the best
just like gouf custom
>>
>>8737367
This is so cute that I wish I could help you make it
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 108

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.