[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your thoughts on other seagulls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (188KB, 1442x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 1442x1080px
What do you guys truthfully think of each other? I've been on this board for about a year now and I've talked to some nice gulls, but also witnessed a few asses too.

>have you ever met another seagull IRL?
>what was it like?

I'm not even going to lie, I'd be terrified to meet another gull even though I've spoke to nice ones. I'd be secretly terrified they're chatting shit behind my back.
>>
They fall for bait every time, and so. Fucking. Hard.
>>
>>8679574
Same.
So far I've only ever met nice gulls but starchan left a bad aftertaste in my mouth so I'm not sure.
>>
I met a potential cosplaying partner to work with from here. She came across as nice but really shy and dropped a lot of sp butaghetti but her coords were fantastic.

Met a bunch of strangers at the Anime Expo /cgl/ meet in 2015 and it went OK. Nice, civil, and as soon as one talk got boring and devolved into a lull I could just run out and talk to someone else.
>>
I am a lolita that wishes to meet a nice LARPgull.
>>
>>8679574
Eh for the most part, I'd be willing to bet they're decent people. I've bee here a long time and while there's plenty of shit, for the most part it's just normal-level internet shitposting, low compared to other boards here on 4chan even. Most vendettas are called out for what they are, although there's always going to be hate surrounding e-famous lolitas and cosplayers here on /cgl/ I don't think that means your average seagull is a bad person necessarily.

I've been using 4chan for way too god damned long and in that time I've met tons of other people who post to various boards, almost all of them were fine people if a little sperg-y. Never met a gull though. I kind of want to.
>>
>>8679583
For real. This is the easiest board to troll. Some of the people here are extremely stupid.
>>
>>8679631
been devolving, but exceptionally bad the past half year or so in terms of saltiness. No one can speak without being decried as a newfag. Which is laughable as the recent stupid newb q's on the HL release attests, as it's been one of the few fast moving threads on the lolita side of things. I enjoy the anonymous aspect but at the same time wish there was a comm where you had to post proof of at least 80 dresses before you could write.
>>
>>8679647
>80 dresses
That would be the tiniest comm. My rotation of pieces is pretty high so I only have about 20 despite being in the fashion since 2007.
>>
>>8679574
During small meets, cgl is occasionally brought up if a recent thread was hilarious or horrifying (e.g. Melissa). Alcohol tends to help.

Generally I've found the gulls I've met IRL have good taste and have the best stories.
>>
Most of my comm goes on cgl, excepthe probably some of the special snowflakes who think that all lolitas should be lovelies and everyone should get along. However, I don't think I've really talked to anyone from the comm about going on cgl so I'm not sure if it's taboo or not. I introduced cgl to a lolita that I helped get into the fashion. She's pretty salty about some stuff but it's fun and we sometimes bitch about inane things together.
>>
>>8679651
>Update
my partner said 20 was a more reasonable number to me when I was whining about it before! I mean no disrespect. Am a bit of a brand hoarder.
>>
>>8679583
All the seagulls online are really dumb, but the seagulls I've met irl aren't nearly that gullible. I get the feeling that the dumbest ones are the most vocal; my seagull friends tend to be mostly lurkers.
>>
I've made quite a few gull friends on snapchat, it's nice having people to talk to
>>
I assume we're all self-hating(to some degree) weeaboos(to some degree), because it seriously does take one to know one.
>>
>>8679574
>>have you ever met another seagull IRL?
yes, in different occasions: seagull lolita picnic, RuffleCon, and NYCC.

>>what was it like?
fun and/or chill. the lolitas willing to out themselves as gulls are less likely to be drama whores because they aren't hiding anything.
>>
i would be wary of meeting a gull, but not opposed
>>
A good chunk of the active and more prominent lolitas in my comm are gulls. I can usually tell when one of them is posting. I'd like to think that most everyone I know is pretty chill and not dramatic, but they come here, like me for discussion. Most of my good lolita friends are on here and they are pretty chill. Granted, these are people in their mid to late twenties with their own jobs and lives so they don't have time for dramatic bullshit or shit stirring.

Pretty much this: >>8679866
Like them, I have nothing to hide, I don't start shit, I don't post pictures of people. I rarely comment about someone unless I have something positive to say. Karma is a bitch and I keep any commentary to myself.
>>
Yeah, both during con meetups and through friend-finder threads.

>what was it like?
Overall, I've had pretty good experiences. The majority of the gulls I've met, though we might not speak super often during the off-season, are still wonderful people that I adore hanging out with come con-time. Many of them are very down-to-earth and super chill to hangout with, especially when there's alcohol involved. Just like any other people you might meet at cons, though, there are going to be some weirdos, ranging from kinda socially awkward to holy shit, dude, what is personal space?
The only thing that's really negative about gulls I've met is that there can be unnecessary drama or that some of them will insist on shit-talking someone else.

Other than that, I've met really lovely people here. Special shoutout to the gulls that I stayed with at cons when I was younger and helped me navigate costume contests/masqs, I'm still eternally grateful.
>>
I've met a few IRL and talk online and the ones I've met are really awesome and level headed. I assume it's because the active cosplayers/Lolita on this board aren't the ones jealously sperging all over their keyboards when someone is two pounds overweight or doesn't do a hobby like they think they should. Shrug. People are people and when you see them at their frankest and it's still not horrifying it gives me a bit of hope.
>>
I've meet quite a few irl, and I have gulls on snapchat. Everyone's nice and chill. The ones irl I'm pretty close with, and we bitch about itas and other salty things. /cgl/ as a whole is nice but honest, we call out things and are usually salty for the fun of it.
>>
75% of my comm (at least) posts here but they pretend they don't. I basically assume every lolita I meet is a seagull but I don't act like a sperg about it so it's no big deal.
>>
There have been instances where a seagull has met their SO here. Itaqueen is a good example.
>>
>>8679701
This. Self-esteem has dived since becoming a gull.
>>
>>8680043
Tenleid/Matt and Masao/Pantsu are other examples where the same thing happened.
>>
Online: Exasperated affection for all the seagulls: salty lolitas, shitty trolls, thirsty anons, most tripfags, etc. etc.

Offline: Like 99% awesome party people who are lowkey, chill, always down for hanging and party times or even just deep good friendship stuff too.
>>
>>8679583
Name one active board that doesn't constantly fall for bait though
>>
>>8680177
/jp/
>>
I love all you cunts, both the ones I've met online and the ones I've met in real life.
>>
>>8679574
I'm absolutely fucking terrified of other seagulls, especially lolitas. I will have anxiety attacks if I'm around other lolitas and have to leave.
Its pretty shitty.
>>
You guys are fucking rude mean bitches that love to shit on each other because you get off on gossiping with anonymous bimbos much like yourselves.

BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT HERE,
>>
i quit going to meetups because everyone on this board disgusts me
>>
>>8680177
/x/ because they're the biggest skeptics of their own topic
>>
>>8680177
/fit/
>>
File: 1316218825062.jpg (124KB, 548x593px) Image search: [Google]
1316218825062.jpg
124KB, 548x593px
I've met one seagull at a con. We added each other on social media and such, but haven't really talked. She's super sweet, but I think we're both kind of shy/awkward. I'd honestly like to get to know her better too. Otherwise, I feel like too much of a sperg to attend actual /cgl/ meetups.
>>
I've met multiple gulls irl and all were nice and fun to hang out with at cons. The booze helps lighten the atmosphere when it comes to meet ups. I haven't met anyone that is terrible as everyone thinks a shitstirring seagull actually is.
>>
>>8680334
I think I remember you from the AX2015 meet, which went really well.

But the threads on it here had this one really hostile anon who I suspect didn't even actually attend the event and was just shitstirring.
>>
Honestly, I feel like this place is more negative than positive the majority of the time. I'm not saying that /cgl/ isn't helpful, quite the opposite! But I seen people flat out shame people over pretty much nothing. Also, seen people completely focus on nitpicking a costume and completely ignore what deserves compliments.

>inb4 "you're on 4chan"
>You don't HAVE to drink the kool-aid
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x473px
>>8680394
>mfw I never been to AX

Do I have a long lost twin in California?
>>
no one on this board seems to have fun cosplaying or going to conventions, i wonder why you do it
>>
>>8680476
AMEN
>>
>>8679631
/lgbt/ is the easiest board to troll.
>>
i would love to meet and befriend other gulls but at the same time i'm really worried about my irl friends finding out because most of them just hear 4chan and immediately think everyone there is evil/awful since that's what tumblr told them
>>
>>8680596
> immediately think everyone there is evil/awful since that's what tumblr told them
funny, since that's exactly what we think of tumblr
>>
>>8680037
This is how I feel about it. Unless you are very clearly new to lolita and don't really know what it is, chances are you are a seagull.
I feel like you just can't be that knowledgeable about lolita without knowing what cgl is.
If you know what it is, chances are you lurk or post.
If you are hiding that you lurk/post, chances are you are causing or perpetuating drama...or you might be hiding because someone else is talking badly of people who go on cgl, (probably because they cause/perpetuate drama on cgl themselves) and you don't want to be seen as bad to them so you hide it.
>>
I've only been to a meet up at Otakon. Everyone seemed surprisingly normal and pretty chill. Except for this one girl who talked kinda funny. She might have been mildly retarded. She seemed really friendly, in an I'll pet you until I break your neck kinda way.
>>
I have friends who post here, it makes me suspicious sometimes. Especially since someone vendettaed me with my first cosplay (it was bad). Pretty sure I know the culprit, she was super upset that I was dating her crush, and tried to get close to me for the purpose of badmouthing him and not-so-subtly trying to get us to split up. She was really bad at manipulation, but golly, did she try.

But I can't entirely rule other people out, and that gives me a lingering feeling of paranoia.

More generally, I think a lot of seagulls are nice people overall, just nitpicky and often bored. Boredom makes being gossipy and mean more appealing, and the anonymity makes it easy. I can say honestly that I have more positive experiences with other gulls than negative, a lot of people here are eager to be helpful.
>>
I love this board, but it's also made me so paranoid that all my coords are shit because of small things. also yall make me feel like an obese whale, which I never thought I was before going here......
>>
I only knew one girl from here, she is a huge cunt and ruined my first convention for me. I'd like to hope there's nicer gulls out there.
>>
>>8681031
This, I nitpick my own coords now and it has probly helped, but I'm a little uncomfortable attending meets now with such high expectations that it's hard for me to relax and enjoy myself, anon is watching me.
>>
My comm is full of seagulls and they're super chill tbh

I feel like I can trust them more, as odd as that sounds? Like you know they see the ita threads and shit so you know if something is wrong with your coord, they'll tell you with complete honesty instead of going OH UR A FABULOUS RUFFLEBUTT like the ~lolitas r lovelies~ girls would.

We also shit talk but usually just about efame girls or random shitty cosplays we see if we're at cons, not people related to our comm. We don't shit where we sleep.

Haven't had a bad time with any of the seagulls I've met irl, even at cons where we've had general cgl meetups with non-lolitas. A little spaghetti is to be expected, but overall a pleasant experience.
>>
>>8680129
Mostly this. I'm worried about meeting gulls irl now because I'm kind of ugly and I don't know if it'd be worth the effort, even though logically I know that nobody cares as much irl (or at least won't say anything). I've also lost about 15 pounds because of the ridiculous thin-standards here, even though I was never fat (went from basically normal => notably thin).

I also accidentally broke one makeup thread way back in the day because of my malar bags, so I'm kind of scared of meeting people now because of that. If anyone remembers, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to and it all just got out of control and I didn't know how to make people stop defending me.
>tfw someone accused someone with my facial description of "selfposting all the time" after that event
>literally haven't posted my face since then

Most of my rl friends know I go on cgl and nobody really cares because they know I'm not into shitstirring. I'd be interested but apprehensive about meeting gulls irl. Need to get a really good cosplay together first so I can feel less insecure.
>>
>>8680603
The stuff I see on Tumblr is downright horrifying compared to my years on 4chan.

4chan will say you look like a cow, make fun of a few pictures, and admit their own assholery.

Tumblr will start a petition to ruin your career, relationships, and life in general, all under the pretense of moral righteousness.
It's like the difference between Freddy Krueger and the Children of The Corn. Both means you're fucked, but at least one admits being horrible and would probably be fun to drink with.
>>
>>8681079
exactly. everyone in my comm is super nice but I'm always kind of nervous that they think my coord is bad after seeing how badly coords (even pretty decent ones) are torn apart on here
>>
>>8681153
>Both means you're fucked, but at least one admits being horrible and would probably be fun to drink with
Also applies to the US vs Russia
>>
>>8681128
This basically describes my comm and my experience as well.
>>
>>8681153
>the difference between Freddy Krueger and the Children of The Corn. Both means you're fucked, but at least one admits being horrible and would probably be fun to drink with.

This, absolutely this. The moral righteousness of the tumblr crowd really turns me off. 4chan is assholes but at least they're willing to admit it.
>>
File: 1443500835453.jpg (635KB, 1272x929px) Image search: [Google]
1443500835453.jpg
635KB, 1272x929px
You're all catty bitches online but you're all so sweet and kind in person.

And so am I.

We're all trash.
>>
Most of my friends are gulls, aside from being able to talk about whats gone on here and have them know what I'm talking about and mock seagull bitching, there's nothing different from other people I could spend time with.
>>
/cgl/ is where I've discussed a lot of my true feelings about this fashion such as interests in lifestyle hobbies or a dollification. I don't feel like I would be able to bring these things up in any forum my name is associated for fear of misunderstandings or negative sales repercussions (really tho a major concern aha).

In my head I'm talking to people similar to me - fairly normal but nervous and introverted so sometimes I wish it could be a better way of making friends.

>>8680037

The scariest part about this place is when people avoid admitting that they post here when I think 75% or more of the ENTIRE lolita population probably lurks here. LIke, wtf are you hiding? Saying you go here doesn't admit to being a psychopath.
>>
File: 1441651462403.gif (879KB, 229x188px) Image search: [Google]
1441651462403.gif
879KB, 229x188px
So many people here saying "Oh hey I met gulls irl they were chill, fun party people" And yet we know for a fact these are the same people acting like horrible bitches under the guise of anonymity. So are you all two faced cows or does this board give you a cathartic outlet to rid your soul of all its vitriolic bile so you can function as a reasonably nice person irl? Also I noticed most of you seem incapable of being remotely interesting, fun or socially skilled without copious amounts of alcohol so that puts me off wanting to meet any gulls, I foresee high levels of awkwardness.
>>
>>8681383
Why are you here?
>>
Weirdly racist. I grew up with super liberal parents though, in an area with very few black/asian/hispanic people though so I've really seen blatant racism before coming on here. Other than that, actually I really like it here. People have warned me about creepy photographers/stalkers, helped motivate me, given me a way to impulse-buy without ruining my bank balance and despite being a fatty-chan only received one negative comment about it. Got others, but they were all things I can short-term work on and have helped me improve a lot.
>>
>>8681389
Jfashion info, help, advice, inspo.
>>
>>8679574
Honestly you guys are absolute morons and I would be ashamed if anyone found out I was here.
>>
>>8681383
Keep in mind that, regardless of board, there are always two groups: those who get out of the house, and those that don't.

Is it really any surprise that the portion who gets out of the house are more able to control their outbursts than the average whole?
>>
>>8681383
>So are you all two faced cows or does this board give you a cathartic outlet to rid your soul of all its vitriolic bile so you can function as a reasonably nice person irl?
neither. i don't use /cgl/ to talk shit about people. i think you are projecting a fair bit. are you yourself a two-faced cow, full of bile, and/or not remotely interesting without "copious amounts of alcohol"? why would you think that is what other gulls are?
>>
>>8681687
>why would you think that is what other gulls are?

From being here a good few years. Are you new to this board or something? It's not like there is no precedent for this view.
>>
>>8681694
lol not that anon but that's perfect. The obligatory "..nn..noo! you are new or something?! That's just how it is!!"
>>
One of the tamest boards on 4chan, could go without the invasion of people who are obviously from tumblr and r9k always lurking around the corner.

I do really like the drama that gets posted here, dashcon has to be one of the most enjoyable things I participated in on the internet.
>>
>>8681694
i have been here for years and i don't fit the criteria you mentioned. do you? if you don't, it should not be hard to imagine others do not, either.
>>
File: real_funny_bitch.gif (1MB, 243x221px) Image search: [Google]
real_funny_bitch.gif
1MB, 243x221px
>>8681702
Oh haha that's hilarious, the obligatory "not that anon" post. Well played.
>>
File: 1439481614672.jpg (26KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1439481614672.jpg
26KB, 441x411px
>>8680312
>>
>>8681383
Everyone has their good and bad sides anon. You're lying if you don't.

And people relax when there's alcohol involved. Don't get so stuck up.
>>
I've gone to some seagull meetups at cons over the years and made a few cosplayer friends, definitely worth it. I can't imagine the lolita seagulls would have the same experience though. Lolitas tend to be a little off their rocker to begin with but posters in every /cgl/ lolita thread seems to especially reek of autism or daddy issues or bad life choices in general. I'd stay away if I was one, but I guess that's why I'm not one in the first place?
>>
>>8681383
>does this board give you a cathartic outlet to rid your soul of all its vitriolic bile so you can function as a reasonably nice person ir
I do this, does no one else do this?
bitches ain't being honest
>>
>>8681715
Nice comeback, did you think of that yourself?
>>
>>8681383
>a cathartic outlet to rid your soul of all its vitriolic bile so you can function as a reasonably nice person irl
Yup! A think a lot of two faced girls lack the comprehension that what goes around comes around. In the fact that the people you gossip to will gossip to other people and eventually the people you talk about!
I want people to like me. My persona is set in stone. I'm gonna act nice and say nice things because that's how I get liked. If I'm not consistent about that, people will hate me more than if I was only rude.

4chan doesn't know who I am. I can say things and if it blows up in my face I can be embarrassed and walk away. Freedom is nice
>>
>>8679631
Have you ever been on /a/?
>>
>>8681904
have you been on /r9k/?
>>
File: 1440832652807.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1440832652807.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>8681694
>>8681383
>>
>>8681907
No, but from what I've seen from their shitposts it wouldn't be a surprise that they'd be easy to fuck with
>>
>>8679574
I would personally like to meet someone from here because I don't have anyone to talk about this shit from a realistic stand point
>lolitas are lovelies!
>cosplay is for fun! it doesn't matter what you look like!
Right now I'm building my wardrobe, but even once I do the Pittsburgh comm is the closest so I doubt anyone will be open about it there with Girlyhoot's shit
>>
>>8681383
>>8681846
>>8681897
Selfqueer
>>
Its a good board for concrit and improvement. I've learned a lot of techniques in my stint lurking and tripping here so, seagulls have definitely helped me. You just have to remind yourself to stop doing things for the merit of people you're never going to impress and be happy with what you've got while also being open to suggestions. Its hard to avoid the negativity sometimes, considering everybody has a different viewpoint when it comes to what's 'pretty' or 'perfect' or a combination of the two, but ignoring the hate and contributing with the mindset that you're constantly improving makes it an okay place to check on once a day. Its also a good place to vent occasionally.
>>
My first experience with /cgl/ was a couple years ago when I was looking for a pair of alpaca socks I couldn't find anywhere online. A nice seagull mentioned she just bought a pair in Japan and said she'd sell them to me. She was easy to communicate with and had no troubles with postage. I emailed her a few months ago just to thank her again because I still smile when I put those socks on.

Then over the summer I started emailing a seagull from one of those friends threads. She was really sweet and we had plenty to talk about. The last email I sent out I remember having internet troubles that day so I'm not sure if my message ever got sent out or she just never got around to replying. If you're still out there: I finally watched all of Sailor Moon and while Sailor Jupiter is still my favorite inner senshi, I grew to really like Sailor Moon as well!
>>
>>8679574
Recently found out someone I'm aquaintences with is also a gull, I was totally surprised. She's nice and has good cosplays though, nothing bad to say about her.
>>
>>8679665
>gullible
>gull-ible
sorry that made me giggle
>>
there are two axes i can measure jfash gulls here with: status-consciousness and humor. i get along best with gulls whose personalities intersect near high humor and low status-consciousness.

i would not want to hang out with gulls that were highly status-conscious and low on humor. those are the salty cunts that take things too seriously, get baited easily, and--even if they are forever alone NEETs--obsessively follow and spread gossip.

i can have fun with high-humor, highly status-conscious gulls, but they would make me nervous longterm. there is a gull i stepped a bit back from because she tracked the who's-who of the lolita world a little too carefully for my taste, and i thought she might judge me. but these gulls produce some of the funniest satirical content.

the low-humor, status-unaware types can be helpful but not particularly interesting beyond their ability to give concrit or tips. i appreciate them but would have difficulty befriending them beyond our shared interests.

i think most gulls fall somewhere toward the center, but my preference remains for the gulls sort of clueless about status (their own or others') with a mischevious streak.
>>
>>8683094
Someone needs to make this into a visual. I would but I'm far too lazy.
>>
I know so many of you IRL, but none of you talk about me.

[spoiler]Thank you my friends, please keep it that way.[/spoiler]
>>
>>8679603
[spoiler]90% of those people don't frequent cgl[/spoiler]
>>
Gatherings aren't bad. I've really never met a seagull in person that was rude or awful. Most people are just looking for friends or people to hang out with or drink with. Though its a lot different then when I was first posting. But really no one in person is going to be mean or terrible. I've met some fun people here.
>>
>>8683096
ditto tbh
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 843x661px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 843x661px
>>8683094
>>8683096
>>8683248
>>
>>8683261
Thank you fine anon! Now, Artist! Make a persona of it! I mean, If you want to that is..
>>
>>8679574
Atrociously illogical, often hypocritical, loves to put words into other people's mouths, loves to conjure up things other people did(that they did not do), extremely aggressive if someone doesn't agree, unable to form an actual response.
>>
File: 1442353127306.png (423KB, 740x833px) Image search: [Google]
1442353127306.png
423KB, 740x833px
I love each and every one of you.
>>
>>8679691
Oh you're like me. I got a bunch of Seagulls on my Snapchat from the Snapchat threads.
>>
>>8683261
thank you for your service anon
>>
>>8683268
oops, Artists*
>>
I have met a couple of nice ones and a couple of really salty bitches. Thing is, starting from 2 years ago there are these nit picking salty gulls poppin up outta nowhere and they have been corroding this board. If they have met and hang with actual Japanese Lolita or see the coordinate posted on brand blogs, they would've noticed: no your colors don't have to 100% matchy matchy as long as it doesn't clash, and yes you can mix brands and mesh styles as long as they look nice and doesn't lose the Lolita essence. Lolita is all about looking nice and elegant, not matchy matchy like a Sunday school girl dressed by their grandma. :/
>>
>>8680476
The topics here are skewed because of what the board is suited for. You can talk about what a great time you had and the fun people you met anywhere, but if something sucks, the weeb community is such a forced hugbox you feel like you have to go anon to talk about it. And so most of the threads here end up full of salty bitches.
>>
I spoke to someone from here a couple months ago, and I think they're pretty cool, but I'm so bad at maintaining contact that I haven't spoken to them since... I hope they're doing well and don't/didn't mind my overwhelming spaghetti.
>>
I've made a couple of good friends from cgl, but we get along because we're all pretty normal, mid-twenties with jobs and lives and maturity. Of the other gulls I've met, they've ranged from unbearably spergy and only interested in talking about cgl drama or weeb shit 24/7 to friendly façades hiding utterly bitchy dramawhores with very little in between. They might like to party at cons, but I could never really connect with them and found them more annoying/embarrassing than anything. Still, the couple good experiences I've had have made me hopeful of meeting other friends through meet ups in the future.

I will say that I feel somewhat nervous about cattiness and people shit-talking my admittedly bland coords (I'm no ita, but I'm definitely nothing special), but after meeting several gull lolitas who I know post fairly frequently, I know I shouldn't be too worried because the majority seem to be nothing special coord-wise as well, frankly, if not sort of bad. And the cosplayers I've met have typically had above average craftsmanship but some serious egos to go along with it, which turned me off of being friends with them.
>>
>>8679574
Never met any seagulls but I'd honesty like to. Im a secret dramawhore so I'd like to have a friend irl that I can gossip with and share similar interests. I'm sure they'd talk about me behind my back though so I'd be hesitant to let them into my life much.
>>
The ones I met at Momocon were awesome. Some of the ones on here are garbage
>>
> Your thoughts on other seagulls?
I hate every single one of you
Yes
>what was it like?
Gross
>>
I know some girls in my comm are seagulls but i'm not 100% sure who they are but nobody ever shit talks about my comm on cgl so they're probably still pretty nice girls. I did go to a cgl meetup recently and it was pretty fun. I was expecting more girls though it was mostly guys. I guess no girls wanted to out themselves. The girls that i did meet seemed really nice. Me and my bf actually hung out with a guy from the meet for the rest of the night he was pretty cool. I should have gotten his facebook or something. I got his tumblr though but i rarely use tumblr. Would it seem weird to message him a month after the con asking if he has a facebook?
>>
I've met some nice people via 4chan, but I've also met some batshit insane ones. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend meeting anyome from this site since you can't be sure who to trust.
>>
>>8679631
You've never been to /pol/, clearly.
>>
>>8679901
oh hey whore.
>>
>>8679659
New to this board, does anyone have a TLDR or archived thread to explain Melissa? Heard that name a few times but no clue what happened.
>>
>>8679665
Have you ever been to /a/ or /x/? (or /pol/)?
>>
I've met people not only from /cgl/, but /a/, /jp/, /mu/, /v/, /lit/, /v/ and /sp/.
>>
>>8690122
You sound very special
>>
>>8690111
Melissa was a crazy dude in SF that wore terribad brolita. Basically written of as a creep and I think he was booted b/c he threatened a girl after he didn't get into a fashion show (or at least something to that effect, the girl got something he didn't).
>>
>>8690180
Transhaming in the Lolita community. Disgusting.
>>
>>8690184
the bait is strong with this one
>>
File: MS6wX11_zpsac7658a1.gif (79KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MS6wX11_zpsac7658a1.gif
79KB, 500x281px
>>8680137
tenleid and matt just broke up
>>
>>8690175
If you're being ironic I didn't mean to show off. It's just that I find interesting how they were all very different people.
>>
>>8679574
Some of you are cool.

Some of you are BATSHIT INSANE.

And the most frightening thing is I can't tell you apart until you whip out the anti-rape kit.
>>
>>8680177
>Name one active board that doesn't constantly fall for bait though
/jp/, /pol/, [s4s]
>>
>>8690036
When your board's natural state is being knee-jerk angry at things you've seen on the internet, one asks in what meaningful way the board can be trolled.
Much how one cannot drown water, one cannot troll /pol/. It exists in a perpetual state of self-trolling.
>>
>>8691050
>/pol/
Are you shitting me?
>>
>>8681153
Is tumblr even all that threatening? The most they can do is blacklist you with other tumblrites.
>>
>>8691071
look up zamii for one example.

doxxing and bullying happens frequently on tumblr, and it makes cgl look tame in comparison.
>>
>>8691060
Essentially /pol/ is the uroboros of trolling.
>>
>>8691110
The ouroboros of trolling would be a snake disappearing up its own asshole.
>>
>>8691071
>The most they can do is blacklist you with other tumblrites.

There are people on tumblr who actively seek out and attack anything they think is problematic. The attacks range anywhere from hatemail, to PSA posts or blogs documenting anything that can be taken as threatening, to doxxing. These things happen on 4chan but threads die quickly and people stop caring. Things that are posted on tumblr last for ages. A post can still get thousands of notes years after it's deleted from it's original blog, people spread information like wildfire and it can keep spreading forever if no one tries to stop it. If you fuck up once people don't tend to forget it. Fuck, zamii tried to kill herself over bullying and some of the things people were attacking her over were so fucking stupid and insignificant that they wouldn't have even mattered if people didn't constantly attack her over it for ridiculously extensive periods of time.
>>
>>8691007
Yeah, guess I spoke too soon
>>
I'm often surprised at who posts on this board, but I guess I shouldn't be. I just assume that if a lolita that's been in this fashion for a while says she's never been on /cgl/, she's lying.

Most gulls I've talked to off anon have been normal and pretty friendly, but I guess we're all catty bitches to a certain degree, just not off anon.
>>
>>8679631
/v/ is lot easier. Post anything Undertale and watch the sparks fly.
>>
>>8691961
...there are people who dislike Undertale?!
>>
>>8691131
Top kek
>>
File: 1435955919636.jpg (34KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
1435955919636.jpg
34KB, 540x390px
>>8680322
i see you lowkey hoping she sees this post and starts somethin', i see u

no but really, you should just go ahead and message her. and don't even lie, just be straight forward and start with "so, would you go to another /cgl/ meetup soon?" or however y'all met, just something like that.don't try and avoid the awkwardness, bc it isn't awkward til you make it awkward. it really isn't a big deal yknow? just take a deep breath and talk to them like you would another friend. i can almost guarantee she totally feels the same and wants to say something but won't.

lol i'm the same with someone who is really cute to me, my face gets bright red like a tomato and i fucking hate it but shy/awkward relationships are sometimes just what u need to spice up ur life

unless i don't like em, then i slowly drop em :/
>>
>>8692008
A lot. Undertale is basically a trigger word on /v/ for shitposting. That and Smash. I can post one really bad thread if you want.
>>
>>8692040
Please do. I've heard nothing but universal praise for the game, everywhere from tumblr to /gamergatehq/.

I'm trying to imagine what sort of twisted bitter fun-hating person could dislike the game.
>>
>>8692047
>>314716880
>>314702476
>>314659043

There's 61 Undertale threads. Not counting the ones from Desu.

Want another way to shitpost on /v/ until people got used to it? Post anything SMT x FE or #FE.
>>
>>8691925
even on anon, not all of us are catty bitches.
>>
>>8679574
>What do you guys truthfully think of each other?
It's the same as any of the other online forums for talking about lolita, really. You have nice people. You have asses. You have people whose moods vary depending on what's going on with their lives. The only difference is that you don't know who is which because of the anonymous factor. I just try to take anything posted here with a grain of salt, and view it as entertainment rather than srs bizness.

Most of my local comm browses/posts to 4chan to some degree or another.

>what was it like?
Normal? Most of the girls don't take it seriously, and things about our comm don't come up here very often, so there's none of that witch-hunt mentality a lot of comms get about cgl. Obviously, there are people who have negative feelings towards the board, but they still browse it to keep up on drama. lol

And even on the rare occasions when shit does get posted here or to BTB, it's generally dismissed as outsiders stirring up shit, or addressed quietly.
>>
>>8691376
THIS IS YOUR FAULT ANON
>>
>>8680043
Is Itaqueens relationship an open one or something?
>>
>>8692104
this is a good perspective
>>
File: jorgi remove kebab.png (28KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
jorgi remove kebab.png
28KB, 128x128px
>>8692080
All those threads are dead.

Also, I avoid /v/ like the plague. I prefer more calm, sane, less hateful boards, like /cgl/ or /pol/. They actually LIKE video games on /pol/.
>>
>>8679574
Just met a seagull IRL today and it was really nice. Like finally someone who I can talk about the community in a real as fuck way without sugar coating it.
>>
>>8692399
I can't post other board links here on /cgl/ so just check the archives but in thread >>314834453 on /v/ they just called it a tumblr game so there's your sign.
>>
>>8680043
I met mine here!! Going one year and strong
>>
>>8692976
Actually, you can post cross-board links here. >>>/v/314834453
>>
>>8693170
>tfw no cosplay GF
>>
>>8680043
I wish my boyfriend were into cosplay or jfash. I met him on soc but he only goes on k or v most of the time if hes even on 4chan
>>
>>8693320
>waaaaaaaah no gf to stroke my dick when will they see that im the nice guy all girls only go for dicks :(
>>
>>8693363
Butthurt much kek? Not that anon but that was something we used to be proud of, look how easily offended you bitches get now. Great example of how we've fallen and disgraced our past queens.
>>
>>8693363
thanks for proving my point.
>>
Probably have without realising it

Honestly the amount of girls here have kinda made me realise that the gender gap of users is closer then what I use to think
>>
File: No boys on the internet.jpg (52KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
No boys on the internet.jpg
52KB, 450x360px
>>8694766
Don't be absurd, it's all just bitches pretending to be guys for the attention.
>>
Like 90% of the seagulls I've met irl have been sweethearts. We've added each other on FB and often meet up at cons or crash in hotels together. It's great because you don't have to worry about wearing kiddie gloves when talking about cosplay/LE MAYMAYS.

There's a solid 10% that have been fucking awful though. They are always the same type of personality too, loud, obnoxious, craving/have e-fame on multiple platforms, always have some sort of drama, want to be popular but unless you pass their internal 'test' they will not speak or aknowledge you (which make for GREAT meetups). They also all are under fucking 20 years of age.

Basically they personify that "bitchy tumblr kween sorry not sorry uwu" type, if you know what I'm saying? Like they'll dress super alternatively but look cutesy (think pastel goth), post hella selfies and the caption will be something like "ur all fuxxing bitches" with a bunch of emojis
>>
I swapped nudes with a cute seagull I met over Facebook. She's pretty chill and were meeting in the Spring to get the benefits of our friendship. Hopefully I dont fuck it up or get sued for rape.
>>
>>8695705
>kiddie gloves
The phrase is "kid gloves" meaning gloves made with baby goat leather, because they were soft and expensive.

Sorry, that phrase and the "per say" one are pet peeves.
>>
>>8696430
Language evolves, Anon, and English especially is a street level language. Synchronicity like that is part of the beauty.
>>
>>8696434
Not that anon but I've never heard of someone using "kiddie gloves" before and it reads really oddly... I think op just made a mistake. I do normally agree with you that language can evolve, but sometimes people just fuck up, too.
>>
>>8696437
Could be regional? I've heard "kiddie gloves" instead of "kid gloves" many a time.
>>
>>8696437
this.

and an anonymous forum is as good a place as any to offer corrections. no one is shamed, everyone benefits.
>>
>>8693320
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.