[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair Removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (15KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 320x400px
Let's get a hair removal thread going.

Discuss shaving, threading, tweezing, waxing, bleaching, and more.
>>
I got an italy towel and now I exfoliate my legs really well before shaving . it's worked wonders for irritation and ingrowns
>>
>>8650344
Would you mind linking which one you bought?
>>
How to do I get really nice eyebrows? I pluck a bit underneath, but mine never look as smooth arched as other girls. Should I be trimming them? I feel like the hairs themselves are quite long.
>>
>>8650403
I'm no expert, but some stuff I do is make sure to use two mirrors during, one that's a normal mirror to make sure I don't over pluck, and one that's a magnification mirror so I can see all the bits I missed. It will look MUCH cleaner when you take out all of the random little stuff you don't see initially.
A lot of the neatness of eyebrows comes from both plucking as little as you can to create the shape you want, and part in filling them in after.

I also like to sort of muss them up as I finish, then smooth them into place. This will make any stay hairs be easier to see. You can also take a brow brush and brush up, pull the ones you want to pull, then brush down and do the same. You'll usually catch those weird hairs that seem fine at first but stick out above the rest. I'm also not shy about looking at my brows from the side in the mirror and plucking the one or two that sick out farther than the rest.
All in all, they're probably fine, but usually if something feels off, its more likely one or two hairs rather than the whole thing.
>>
>>8650403
fwiw i trim because my lengths are a little wonky, but if you try to literally trim them into shape all the way around they will look horrible. Learned that the hard way...
>>
>>8650400
I think it was this listing
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CA8ZEIS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004C8DR1U&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DQWMJB6FGN6YMS1YYKD
I didn't shop around though so they may be cheaper elsewhere. These are only like $7+s/h though and the cloths last a long time because they're basically polyester. I ripped a hole in the seam to one by accident but now I just stick my thumb through that hole so it's more of a mitt haha.
>>
>>8650318
for what part of /cgl/ related that isn't towards a different board like /fa/?
>>
>>8650403
I only trim the really long hairs. I brush them up with a spoolie brush and snip off what stays up.
Also I run over my eyebrows with a little bit of eyebrow pencil then use a spoolie brush to brush it out so it's softer and less obviously penciled. It gives a nice solid shape.
>>
>>8650427
We have skincare, hair, ect. threads because they are imperative to putting together a good cosplay/coord. These hobbies are more than just the clothes.
>>
>>8650427
all my skincare stuff is from japan and korea and I do it for cosplay and lolita. doesn't that count?
>>
How do I avoid razor bumps/burn? My skin is sensitive to begin with, and my hair is relatively thick, so while shaving is sometimes a relief, it quickly turns to hell.
>>
>>8650403
Go to a salon to get them done so you have the shape, then just pluck to maintain and trim any hairs that stick out of the shape when you brush your eyebrow hairs the opposite way.
>>
>>8650448
not unless specified, else it just looks not related

>>8650455
what does where it comes from have to do with anything?
>>
>>8650469
Shaving cream, coconut oil (when it's in its solid state), shea butter, whatever. Something that makes your skin feel good and moisturized usually helps. I've even heard of girls using conditioner to good effect, particularly for the crotch. Just make sure none of these things actually get into your vagina though ofc.
>>
>>8650480
>what does where it comes from have to do with anything?
Because our fashion shit is from Japan and /fa/'s shit usually isn't? so logically the same thing applies to skincare/hair care items?
>>
>>8650491
so????

use mac and you're automatically a heathen? that's dumb.
>>
>>8650494
No, faggot. you're completely missing the point.
/cgl/'s fashion side has turned into not just lolita, but all j-fashions. It's kept here and not /fa/ because /fa/ doesn't do j-fashion.
Keeping clean has to do with j-fashion. Thus there are threads like this and the skincare thread (the latter being mainly based around Asian skincare). Fuck off and quit complaining.
>>
>>8650469
I've heard that making sure your razor is clean is a thing. Not just cleaned off, which is good enough for some people's skin, but maybe cleaned in alcohol for a hot minute. I can't guarantee that will solve the problem, but it helps some people I know.
>>
File: photo-original.png (862KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
862KB, 1024x768px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving

i can't decide wether i want this or permanent laser removal
>>
>>8650469
Something I tried the other day seemed to help

Exfoliate before shaving, then one it's nice and smooth put a bit of unscented deodorant on (obv not too close to your vag) but where you shaved. It worked surprisingly well and it didn't seem to grow as fast
>>
Who here does sugaring/waxing?
I'm shopping around for some heaters and just realized that even with doing my own waxing, I'd still need help getting my back, or practice a shitton.
>>
Does anyone have suggestions for shaving my head? Would a Wahl shaver be fine instead of dulling a nice razor on my head?
>>
Just a reminder to girls that even if you aren't out having sex, being on birth control helps keep acne away, reduces the thickness of hair growing back, and makes your periods shorter.
>>
>>8650705
Birth control made my acne worse... It also made me puke and be sick to my stomach during the first week of every month I was on it (which was for around 2 years). And while it made my hair less thick, that applied to my head hair, too. My hair got thin and gross. I'd rather just have to shave my legs more.
>>
Got laser hair removal on my upper lip area, armpits, legs, and genital area.

Needed 6 to 8 sessions to really get rid of it. By the fourth session most of it was really thinned out. Upper lip only really needed 4, never went further than that.

For the one that was being used on me you needed light skin + dark hair. Apparently the machine needs to be able to differentiate between the hair follicle and your skin. This meant the upper part of my leg was left alone, as the laser wouldn't work on those hairs even on the highest setting.

The pain wasn't too bad, didn't feel it in my armpits, on my legs it was like a dull pain. The only place it really hurt was on my genitals.

As for staying power, it's been a little more than a year and other than a few stray pieces of "lighter" hair the laser wasn't able to pick up, it's all still smooth. It's great not having to worry about hair when I'm getting dressed. Like I don't even have to think about it.
>>
>>8650705
I've been on the pill for health reasons for a few years now and I have almost the same experience as >>8650707. I don't throw up all the time anymore but still feel sick constantly, it didn't do anything for my acne, and my body hair thickness hasn't been affected at all but my head hair is suffering so much that my hair dresser could tell and asked me about it. It affects everyone differently and it also depends on the type you are using and how much of a douche your doctor is about working with you. I'm not a fan of using hormonal contraceptive for things like acne unless someone already needs it for other reasons or have it severely.

That's not to say many people don't see improvements and benefits like this, because many people do get positive side effects instead of bad ones, but you have to be careful because it can be the opposite, too.
>>
>>8650802
how much did it cost anon? If you dont mind me asking
>>
>>8650823
I don't live in the US or the UK, so might not be a good comparison. But when I convert it the price comes out to something like 650$.
This was a package deal, if I were to not get the package the price would be a bit more than double this amount for the place I went to.
>>
How do I avoid dark spots at my pube roots?

>hair starts to grow in
>dark spot forms around root
>exfoliate at least once a week
>moisturized mound everyday
>pluck + shave once a week
>>
Since this is the only thread relevant to body hair, how do I get body hair?
Aside from my head I seem to not be able to grow any hair on my body. I can never cosplay as manly guys because I don't have that manly rough texture to my skin. I can't even grow facial hair...
>>
does anyone else get like weird greyish patches after shaving?
i shave two times a day(not everyday, sometimes im lazy) because my hair grows so fucking fast and my skin hates me,i go through so many razors and so much shaving cream
i use an olive oil/sugar mixture to scrub my legs etc before i shave sometimes and it helps a little but only on my legs really
even if i shave, my legs look hairyish because there are little black spots where the hairs were growing
my armpits are so dark that it doesnt even look like i shave
i'm cursed
I want laser hair removal but i'm way too poor and have more important things to spend money on
>>
>>8650707
I suppose it's really up in the air as to how it affect individuals. I lost weight, my breasts got bigger, my skin cleared up and my mood improved. I was hesitant to try it because I'm never lucky, but I guess this is the one thing I did luck out on.
>>
>>8650891
How about normal epilation? Yes, it's slightly time consuming and maybe even a little bit painful, but you do it like once every two weeks. And I'm guessing the grey patches are from hair roots.
>>
>>8650825
I'm from Australia if thats where you're from? Who did you use?
>>
>>8650903
>breasts got bigger
How much bigger? I'm already at 88 cm and it's difficult to fit into lolita. Bust size increasing its like the main reason I'm hesitant to try the pill.
>>
>>8650705
fourth(?) opinion weighing in on birth control. I've only been on it for a few months but I've had no nausea, light dizziness, and my face feels a bit cleaner but I got some different type of acne now (less on my forehead and chin, more on my cheeks. they're also smaller and.. tighter?) periods seem to be slightly less painful/lighter, but I'm hoping this gets better. also, slight tit growth. :p
it's very, very much an individual thing. also remember that it takes like 2-6 months for the changes to settle

>>8650922
barely noticeable for me, my cup size was definitely unaffected. I was a 75C before starting and I definitely didn't go up a cup. this might still change though, I suppose. I can probably try to measure my change since I should have old measurements somewhere if you're interested

anyone else notice that guy razors seem to work a bit better for legs? I tried one once and it was def cleaner than my regular razor when going towards the grain with both
>>
Anyone shave their peach Fuzz? I find it helps makeup look smoother.
>>
>>8650403
I used to get mine professionally waxed but that tended to rip chunks of my skin off (thanks Retin-A). I recently discovered a good threading salon next to my work and I refuse to use any other method. It takes less than 5 minutes to get your eyebrows shaped (it's more precise than waxing and tweezing), and is almost painless.
>>
>>8650802
Do you have to shave at all? I'm considering laser hair removal and am wondering if it will grow back eventually or just make the hair less noticeable.
>>
>>8650995
>almost painless.
That shit is worse than stubbing your toe on a cold day
>>
>>8650972
I really want to but I'm scared
>>
>>8650559

The future is here.
>>
>>8650995
I've heard threading is more painful than waxing?
>>
>>8650995
>>8650995

Here's the thing: if you're getting chunks of your skin ripped off like OP was, or if your skin stays red for two days afterward, waxing is a much more painful process than threading.

Obviously for many people, a large amount of pain for a short amount of time is better than a little amount of pain for a longer amount of time. But for people who are looking for an alternative to waxing, threading can be an amazing breakthrough.
>>
>>8651011
It's really only painful if you get a bad threader. They work slowly, so it's like they're tugging individual hairs and you may as well tweeze. If you can find a skilled threader, it doesn't sting I swear.
>>
Really want to do my bikini line properly, but I seem to have really bad luck with ingrown hairs, razor burn, etc when shaving. How do you gulls wax down there?
>>
>>8650868
Honestly I don't think there's any way to avoid those. Waxing will keep the hair from forming those for longer periods of time tan shaving, though, since you're pulling out the hair + root and not just cutting off the hair above the skin. That could help, especially if you need that area to be smooth for cosplay. Just be sure to get the waxing done 2 - 3 days before your event because there will be redness immediately after waxing.
>>
>>8650881
Okay, aside from dangerous things like taking testosterone or something--which obviously, check with a doctor before ever doing anything like that--the best you can do is look up how drag kings do facial hair and chest hair for shows.
>>
>>8650469
I have this problem, nothing worked for me, everything made my skin sore.
I saved up and invested in laser removal. If you can afford it, so it.
>>
>>8650559
No its just doing a piss poor job of burning off hairs. It will probably also sting to actually touch your skin with it. Watch the video they barely touch it to the hairs and leave crazy stubble behind. Also it will smell awful because of the burnt hair.
>>
>>8651802
As someone who has set their hair on fire before, it does seriously smell bad.
>>
File: th.jpg (6KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 300x259px
>>8650868
Why don't you just let it grow? Lol you know how ridiculous it looks to us
We don't say anything because of manners and don't want to blow it when we're at the gates. We shave constantly, so no matter how great a job you think you did we see all the stubble, the rash, the razor bumps, it's abrasiveness, it's all laughable. Again we say nothing, making fun of you when you're so vulnerable isn't right
>>
>>8651869
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>8651880
Your disgusting snatch
>>
>>8651869
>implying anyone cares about what you think
>>>/out/
>>
>>8651455
I've heard that with laser hair removal, the hairs will sometimes come back over time. Is that a thing that happens?
>>
>>8650427
Welcome newfriend.
>>
>>8651869

> thinking all women shave just for men or sex.

Nigga, I shave my vag because I like it smooooth. Feels nice, looks nice, and is more comfortable.
>>
>>8652244
>responding to a troll
>shaving instead of waxing
>>
>>8651923
Yeah, it can potentially not destroy the entire follicle, especially for dark skinned/light haired people. Aside from needing repeated treatment to get all of the growth cycles.
>>
All of you guys talking about laser hair removal are making me want to get serious about getting it done. I've been saying "I'll do it once I'm older" for about five years, so I guess now's the time.

How would you suggest getting started with regards to researching a place and whatever other variables?
>>
>>8650918
Sorry, I'm in Turkey. I've read somewhere that our prices are cheaper than the US, and the place I go to tends to be slightly more expensive than the rest of the country. So my price is probably a bit cheaper than the US, and that's all I can really compare it to.

>>8650999
The hair doesn't come back, at least it hasn't for me. However I shave my armpits every once in a while because between appointments I had several outings which required smooth pits, and I shaved when I shouldn't. Would probably be fixed if I had one or maybe two more appointments, but I'm waiting for my tan to fade. But really it's like a few stray hairs.

Basically, if you follow instructions, it shouldn't come back. Like my legs are still smooth, since I didn't touch them between sessions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and random warning - they tell you not to shower for 24 hours. Take them seriously. Made that mistake once and it looked like the worst allergic reaction. Causes the hair follicles to swell up or something. Almost ripped my skin off from scratching.
>>
Serious question about pubic hair- mine is thick af and grows super fast, if I wax I feel sore and get weird red patches that look awful and hurt for days, if I shave I get razor burns and after 24h it looks like I have a 5o'clock shadow on my vag. What am I doing wrong, gulls?
>>
>>8652758
Razor burns are caused by using the razor too hard for your skin to handle. How do you shave? How strong is your skin? How often do you shave?

>>8652244
I agree, plus being smooth feels more sensual to me.
>>
>>8651072

I was scared too, but I took the plunge and never looked back. I know I hear some people say shave once a month, but I do it once a week or every two weeks just because I'm in love with how smooth and sleek my skin looks afterwards. Like once you see the way your face's silhouette looks after a shave there's no going back.
>>
>>8652322
Do it in a place where they also do actual medical dermathology. Going to some random spa or shit will probably end up hurting ur skin.
I also suggest pulsed light over laser, as it doesnt damage your skin and worked killer for me.
>>
My leg hair is thickest on my inner thigh, but when I shave it every direction possible I get so many red spots (some become pimples and others just irritated ingrown hairs). I try and get it as smooth as I can but the red spots never seem to let up. I have really sensitive skin. Any tips?
>>
seconding earlier anon's ask about bikini waxing. I trim and shave mine but even that's tiresome because it gets so damn itchy as the hair grows back. so i'd like to start waxing instead, but know that i'm way too... shy to get a bikini wax done professionally and would rather just learn to do it myself. got any recommended products or tips?
>>
>>8650922
I went from a C cup to a DD cup while on the pill ( still on it too) so I'd say it's random per person
>>
>>8650480
Are you a janitor? Why are you policing a thread? Learn to hide things or make your own threads.
>>
Do hair removal creams really work?
Waxing lasts a week before my whole body gets covered in the dark spots hair makes growing back, not to mention the ingrowns everywhere.
I looked around for opinions on them, but for some reason finding reviews is impossible, and those few opinions from customers I can find range from "It's the best thing in the universe" to "it didn't work at all"

I'm a guy, in case it's relevant
>>
I'm almost glad that it's getting cold and I don't have to shave as often, it's a real pain in the ass. I like to feel smooth but my hair is so thick and grows back within a day or two; not only that, it grows on weird places (neck, chest, a bit on the chin) and really irritates me. I've been using Nair and it works mostly well but it's not ideal for when I'm in a rush and I'm a bit afraid of waxing in an area other than my eyebrows.

I don't know if this is normal or maybe a consequence of PCOS that I had as soon as I started puberty years ago. Any suggestions on whether I should suck it up and start waxing?
>>
>>8654505
I get my svelte 'stache waxed and I love how much rarer, faster and less painful it is than threading/shaving, but my waxer won't do it as often as I'd like because it doesn't look as bad to her as it does to me. I'd definitely suggest it on the chin and chest, but you'd have to deal with it growing back in long enough to wax again and that might be a no-go for you.
>>
File: 0954.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0954.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
Bought this bad boy the other day. It was so worth it. It works so much better than microwave wax.
>>
>>8650705
I've been on birth control for over a year. I've gotten more acne (not a lot, but I used to have nothing at all), my periods are super heavy and painful, and my already big breasts grew about one size. One is even bigger then the other and they sagged a bit.
Also, I've noticed no change in hair whatsoever
If it wasn't for me being in a relationship I wouldn't be taking them
Don't recomend stuff when you have no idea what you're talking about
These things vary for everyone and sometimes the cons are heavier than the pros
>>
>>8653407
My skin is pretty strong, but I guess I tend to be a bit forceful when I shave because I hate my body hair with a passion. I also have this problem where hair doesn't grow in certain spots before I have removed it everywhere else and therefore shave pretty much twice a week. I am light skinned with very dark body hair so I would really like to get laser treatment, but I'm finishing college and don't have that kind of money now.
>>
>>8650705
bullshit, birth control gave me acne. don't spout advice on shit that's different for everyone.
>>
>>8650705
My girlfriend was on birth control to keep her period less annoying but it made her drier than a desert, killed her sex drive and it didn't make her body hair any thinner or her periods shorter enough to be remotely worth it. It's different for everyone, I personally wouldn't recommend birth control like it's all roses and rainbows.
>>
>Birth control pills
Not using IUDs/Implants

>Waxing face
Not doing electrolysis

What are you guys doing?!
>>
>>8656005
IUDs and implants have awful side effects on a huge amount of the women who use them - And then they're either stuck with them until they wear out or have to get them sliced out again.
>>
>>8650705
No thank you Dr Shekelberg
>>
>>8654542
My mom does my eyebrows and she uses one of these, it works great!
>>
>>8650805
Holy hell anon, i know you said you're on the pill for health but this does not sound healthy :/
>>
>>8650705
the only thing keeping me from going on birth control is the fact that it may make your boobs grow and i would have a breakdown if that happened
>>
What do you think about permanent laser removal? 'Cause I'm seriously considering it
>>
>>8650318
I saved up for electrolysis and I am never going back
fucking magic
>>
>>8656008
>sliced out again

Agh, don't remind me. Got this thing in April and all I've been doing is worrying about getting it taken out in 2 years.
>>
>>8660135
Please tell me more! I dropped 1000 bucks on laser removal for my face, didn't do a thing. Is it really permanent?! Would it fuck up my face?!
>>
File: leg.jpg (28KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
leg.jpg
28KB, 800x600px
>>8654036
I have the same problem anon, if I shave above my knees I get little red bumpy pimples appearing all over - I really hate it. Unfortunately the tops of my thighs are quite hairy at the front so I can't get away with leaving it alone. Sorry I'm not offering any help anon, this was more of a bump for any insight other anons may have.
>>
>>8660135
How much did it cost? On what parts of the body is it doable? On what parts did you do it?
>>
>>8656008
Not that anon, yes they don't work for everyone, but I'm on my second one and it works perfect for me. Most people i have met with them had no problems.
>>8660644
Don't worry too much anon, they numb it and you can't feel it at all. Of course it's not pleasant but it's over quick enough and just think, its much better in the long run if it works for you!
>>
>>8656339
It does that?
>>
>>8662355
It's pretty common but it doesn't do it for eveybody
Read other posts in the thread, other anons talked about it
>>
>>8651869
>vag is stubbly and bumpy if I shave it
>looks cute if I grow hair and landscape
>but no guy wants to go down on hairy vag

why live
>>
>>8662648
idk, no one's ever given me shit about properly landscaped lawn.. I've had it called cute before. current bf even tried to go down on me with almost no landscaping once, had to pull him back up since going down on someone who has't recently had a shower is pretty fucking shit
>>
Would I regret it if I were to use Nair on my face?
>>
>>8662648

>no guy

You're generalizing. While there are guys that definitely have preferences, hair shouldn't scare off a guy who is actually interested in you (who acts like an adult anyway). If anything, I could understand guys not wanting a jungle, but if you trim it and keep it neat, no one should really care.

And if they do act like a whiny baby and insist you get a brazilian, drop em.
>>
>>8662668

Nair makes a version specifically for the face, you might want to look into that. I don't think the default kind would kill you, but better safe than sorry, especially with your face on the line.
>>
>>8660135
Electrolysis anon here. One if the most important things about getting it done is that you HAVE to have thick, dark body hair. The laser targets the dark hair, regardless of your skin color. My body hair is thicker and darker that my boyfriend's, so it works very well for me. I do my whole leg, and eventually didn't even need to go above the knee anymore.
>>
I've been a tomboy my whole life, I'm gonna need my options explained like a five year old, I have a weird little mustache, I shave it every once and while but I'm curious about bleaching? How has this worked out for other anions?
>>
>>8662677
Oh wow, I actually had no idea that existed. Thank you for saving me from making a potentially stupid decision, anon.
>>
>>8662648
My guy doesn't care. Honestly hair is just hair. You're going to be smelly down there if you haven't showered recently no matter what.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 324x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 324x270px
How much do you gulls usually shave?
I have the problem of not really knowing where to stop. I used to shave just up to the knees when I was younger but I realized pretty quickly that when I wear shorts, I need to shave my thighs too because I have rather dark hair and a lot of it
But like, I always get so unsure, because there's this line around the butt where it gets hairy and it's so weird
Should I shave my butt? But then I'll have to shave my back.. And then I'll have to shave my stomach etc etc
I actually did try shaving my stomach today though because I have a line of hair in the middle and it looks really ugly to me
Not really sure where I'm going with this post tbh, just curious if any other anons have this problem too I guess, and how you deal with it
>>
>>8662732
I think bleaching is such a weird option because it just creates hair that's another vivid, noticeable color

>>8662648
I have literally never had a guy complain
>>
>>8663024
I shave up my entire thighs, because my thigh hair kinda blends into my bikini line. On the back I shave until the part where my butt starts. Honestly, it's just depending on what you like and how hairy you are. Some people never need to go above the knee, but some people are like me and have PCOS and therefore need to shave my entire stomach and pluck stray dark hairs from my overarms and boobs. People are very different.
>>
>>8663024

Shave whole legs/pits, pluck neck/chin, add disposable income to the "LASER THE SHIT OUT OF ME, DOC" jar at every opportunity.

I pretty much avoid anything that involves a bare midsection. I already have way too much angst about contending with my face whenever I feel like going out.

Fortunately for us on the northern hemisphere it's getting chilly so it's leggings and sweaters for months.
>>
>>8662648
male anon here. don't know any guys who are against it. the only time I've hear any shit like that is from preteen virgins putting on an act.

seriously, chill.
>>
Would it be back to have the chest area lasered for a female or just stick with shaving? I ask this because I heard if you want to have children it could mess with your milk but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
>>
>>8663024
Shave armpits, lower and upper legs, vagina, stomach line, around the nips, and occasionally my arms when the hair gets too long. Pluck at chin hairs and moustache. I have a hairy back and butt so I should probably shave those too but how much time can one girl stay in the shower?
I blame my great grandparents. They are from Czechoslovakia and those are some hairy mofos. I'll never get a bf ;_;
>>
>>8663165
>I'll never get a bf ;_;
Don't worry, a boy that truly loves you won't care.
>>
>>8663353
This is very true.
>>
>>8650664
Practice and stretches will help you a lot. Wax when you're warmed up and after stretching lightly. It sounds stupid, but I've pulled more muscles than I care to remember because I tried to wax the back of my calf without stretching.
>>8650891
That... doesn't sound fun. Waxing or sugaring are well worth it though, it'll hurt like hell if it's your first time, but if you use a hot wax and take an aspirin it'll help a lot. Waxing lasts way longer and it exfoliates the skin by default, so you shouldn't get the grey patches if you exfoliate with the olive oil/sugar mix after a day or so. It's more expensive, yeah, but like I said, you do it once every few weeks. And the more you do it, the less hair you'll have and the longer it lasts.
>>8654373
Hair removal cream basically destroys the hair on the surface of your skin, so roots stay intact. Do you exfoliate after waxing? If not that might be why you get som many ingrowns. Also, if you decide to use hair removal cream, for the love of god test it out on a small patch of skin before slathering yourself in it, because if you have a reaction it will itch like hell.
>>
>>8663165
I feel you, my grandad is from morocco and everyone else in my family is from Sweden or Norway, and I yet I get to look like chewbaka.
Also, don't worry about getting a boyfriend, my boyfriend doesn't care even when I don't shave for like weeks
Just find a guy who's decent
>>
>>8663165
As someone from the Czech Republic, this is not true. Stop blaming your shite genetics on muh heritage.
Unless you're Portuguese or Turkish.
>>
>>8651810
>>8651802
>>8650559

This Kickstarter got banned for not having a working version of the device, while promising to give backers multiple versions and stuff as perks.
>>
>>8650972
I do, never had any problems and it doesn't grow back thicker like others say.
>>
>>8651112
I thread and it feels fine
>>
>>8654036
>>8660667
I have the same problem. Now before I would get these red bumps that would also turn into pimples and a lot of ingrown hair on my knees that for the longest time I just thought were bumps and didn't do anything about it. So what I started doing that I noticed made a huge difference
>make scrub, coconut oil/olive oil with rice powder or sugar( sugar tends to be rougher)
>take a hot shower and wash my body and legs with something similar to Italy towel
>exfoliate legs with Italy towel
>shave in every direction using conditioner(I noticed conditioner made a huge difference!)
>rinse and then exfoliate with the scrub I made
>focus on knees and back of thighs since I was prone to blackheads and pimples
>noticed smooth knees and legs

Doing this made a huge difference on my legs after being in pain so much from razor bumps. Unfortunately I need to use the scrub often even when I'm not shaving to keep my legs from getting bumps and ingrown hairs on my knees.
>>
Anyone have experience with sugar wax? I'm gonna try it on my armpits first, then my giblets... Here's hoping I don't rip my labia off!
>>
>>8668015
I never tried it on my crotch, but I've done my legs. I think I tried my armpits, but got frustrated with the contours. It burns, but it's strangely satisfying to see all that hair stuck in the sugar. I stopped doing it because my skin is sensitive and didn't like it.
>>
>>8668015
Sugar wax is great, if you make it correctly (I use this Ela Gale's tutorial) it should not stick to your skin at all, so the only pain you experience is the pinch of the hairs pulling out. Be careful because the temperature is misleading when you're first starting out, plus it's very sticky so once you start burning yourself you just have to deal with it. And obviously throw it out once it stops being solid enough to pull the hairs.

As far as how it works, I shape my pubic hair now because I'm over being baby smooth, but when I used to wax, it got the job done. However I literally only sugar wax my armpits, I dont shave anymore. My hair grows super fast but my armpits don't have dark marks for 3 weeks. Waxing your armpits will be the best thing you ever started doing.
>>
Is it safe to make sugar wax at home? I wanna try it on my arms, and I read some about it, and I saw some recipes with like sugar water and lemon juice
Is it okay to just do it like that? Has anyone tried it?
>>
What is the best method for shaving dark, thick body hair that grows back fast? My body hair is black and thick as can be (like 2-3 hairs grow out of each root), and even if I shave in the morning I'll be stubbly by late afternoon.

I just want to know how to make a shave last for at least a couple of days. I've tried every shaving tip I've seen but I'm pretty sure those are only made for people with lighter and/or thinner body hair than mine.
>>
>>8668015
It works on your bits just find but when I tried to do it I was too scared to do anything past the mons. It didn't even hurt that much and the hair I did wax was gone and super thin for a long time
>>8669218
Yeap thats literally just the recipe.
That's how I did
>>
>>8664276
>Unless you're Portuguese

W-Well that explains why I'm a hairy bastard
>>
>>8654514
I've been interested in waxing my smaller areas but I'm such a pussy that I might stall when it comes to ripping it off. I'll try to suck it up one day though, thanks anon.
>>
>>8668108
>Waxing your armpits will be the best thing you ever started doing.

It hurts so bad I have to have my mom rip the strips off of me because I'm too pussy to do it myself (veet strips). How painful would you say sugar waxing is?
>>
>>8671953
If you make the sugar wax correctly it should not stick to your skin at all which lessens the pain. I can't speak for anyone that has sensitive armpits, but you'll only feel hairs coming out.

As far as personal pain, it doesn't bother me at all because I've had trichotillomania since I was a young kid, I'm very used to the feeling. Sorry if this doesn't help, but making sugar wax is so cheap it's worth trying.
>>
>>8650922

Mine went from B to DD. Then again, I needed that because as soon as I went on the pill my gut was always swollen.

I went on in to control my period pain, but have since learned that I can do that a lot easier by just controlling the amount of carbs I eat. No processed food, very little amount of natural sugars/carbs/starches (under 30 grams a day) equals no period pain.
>>
>>8663024

SHAVE ALL THE THINGS!
>>
Not sure if this is quite the right thread for this, but
What's the consensus on leg hair for cosplaying male characters? I know a girl who doesn't shave her legs when she crossplays and wears shorts. Meanwhile and I know a guy who sometimes shaves his legs since anime boys tend to look pretty hairless
I don't really want to shave my legs for cosplay, but I'm a really pale guy and my leg hair is dark and stands out a lot, and honestly, with the characters I cosplay it looks kinda weird.
>>
>>8672698
It really depends on the character. Someone cosplaying, let's say, Yukki from Mirai Nikki should probably shave all visible areas while someone cosplaying someone more manly like maybe Snake could just not shave
It also depends on how hairy you are
In the end, if you put effort into your costume and it looks good, who cares wether or not you're shaved? Just do what you feel like
>>
So, I'm blonde, but I always have two or three of these dark hairs that grow in bellow my belly button. I pluck them at least once a week, and their root seems thicker than the other, light whispy hairs on my tummy. Does anyone know why I get them? Same with my face, on my chin, every now and then I get like two thicker hairs that grow in. It feels like what I'd imagine beard hair to be, and I pluck them because they feel annoying.
>>
>>8674343
I get those hairs but on my chin every two days or so.They also cover basically my entire body.

Its just your body doing whatever it wants.
>>
>>8650705
This was what it did for me, but I'm on the kind where you continue taking it for 3-4 months and only have a period once every 3-4 months. No idea if that makes any difference, though.

I wanted to try the kind where it's like a little small grain of rice implant in your arm and you don't have periods for like 5 years. Has anyone else tried it?

>>8656339
It decreased my appetite and made me a little skinnier overall which made my breasts smaller. It really varies person to person on what it does.
>>
>>8674380
one of my friends did that one, it made she skin break out really bad. She's still trying to find a way to make it better. Other than that she really likes it.
Apparently its a rare side effect but it was enough of a risk to make me want to do something else.
>>
>>8674398
TBH the only reason I haven't tried it is because I have a weird phobia about stuff being under my skin. I feel like maybe I could get over it for having no period for a whole 5 years though depending on how noticeable it was.
>>
>>8654542
What is this? It looks interesting.
>>
>>8674380
My aunt tried the thing where you put it under your skin, and she had constant periods for like months
They had to take it out eventually because they wouldn't stop
The doctor/nurse/person I talked to about these things said that it's pretty common to get periods randomly and/or have them constantly the first year
So that kinda discouraged me from getting it
>>
>>8674380
I have one, it's bigger than a rice grain and it only lasts 3 years. They botched the insertion though and I had a lot of pain afterwards + got nerve damage in my arm from it. If you get it, make sure you don't have an apprentice put it in.

I have 3 periods a year and they're really light. It's ideal. I did gain some weight though!
>>
Okay so I tried sugar waxing today
I tried two different recipes, the first one turned out pretty bad, the second one was much better
The thing is though, I think I might have done it wrong?
It takes a while before its any good and when it gets good it gets bad and too sticky pretty fast
Also it doesn't really tear of the hair properly, sometimes it doesn't pull the hairs of at all and sometimes it breaks them of at the middle
Anything I might be doing wrong? Anything I can do to fix it?
>>
>>8676092
If it's too goopy/sticky to pull off the hair, you've either made it wrong (cooked it too long or too hot) or you're jumping in too fast while it's still melted. It's gonna be semi-hard to manage and have the texture of a half melted gummy bear when it's ready.
>>
Would it be worth it to buy an epilator? I get dark "stubble" on my legs the day after shaving no matter what I do, and since I live in a dorm now it might be easier because I could do it in my room.
Any experience with them?
>>
>>8676212
I use an epilator and I really like it. It's very painful but the results are worth it to me. The hair looks thinner when it grows back in similar to the effects of waxing but you'll need to let the hair grow long enough between epillations in order for the device to be able to grip the hair correctly.
Biggest piece of advice is to exfoliate to death. Seriously, you'll get a lot of ingrowns if you're not careful.
>>
>>8676230
Thanks! What brand do you use? Also can you epilate dry or should your legs be wet/soapy?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 650x650px
I truly recommend shaving with coconut butter. My skin is very dry and soap-like things make it feel like desert.
>>
>>8651869
no one cares

>>8654542
does it hurt? whats that?
>>
>>8660667
This is what i have but it's only on the backside of my thighs.I constantly get this no matter what i try. I might have to do what this anon suggested >>8666098
I've been getting it every time i shave. Pimples and irritated follicles.
>>
>>8650318
im scared to shave my pubes because im scared im gonna cut my cat and be in serious pain. how to get over it?i mean its not like i havent shaved it before but i just get scared and i havent shaved in years,now
>>
>>8681946
I usually pop some tylenols and get it waxed professionally.
>>
>>8666098
anon your advice has been god-tier thank you so much, I've already seen an improvement since trying your suggestions.
>>
>>8650705
Being on birth control made me so depressed I was actually suicidal for the first while. I had crying fits in work for the first week I couldn't control. I also got acne for the first time in my life and gained a shit ton of weight (though this was also because I was so depressed). I stayed on it for 3 months to see if my body would get used to it but it just didn't. The only good effect was that I practically had no period which was great and sex felt so much better.
Ultimately I decided to stop taking it as I felt it did much more harm than good. I stopped taking it a month ago and lost 10lbs. Sex is not as good but being so depressed killed my sex drive anyway.
It's really not for everyone. I'm looking in to getting something like the coil after I let the pill out of my system and lose the weight I gained.
In saying that though I had a friend who had awful acne for years and the pill cleared it right up. Some are suitable for it, some aren't.
>>
>>8681955

This only instead of tylenol I get drunk and go with a friend or my mom.
>>
>>8682288
All of the side effects you listed are likely down to the progesterone in the pill, so avoid the mirena coil because you'll be in for same thing but tenfold.
>>
>>8650318

Whats an effective way to get rid of my [spoiler]penis shaft[/spoiler] hair?

Im not joking here. Please share some wisdom on hair removal with me seagulls.
>>
>>8683895
shave very carefully while hard or pluck them, you gotta do what you gotta do
>>
>>8683895
Maybe try waxing? I've tried sugar waxing and its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You should probably have shorter hairs when doing it though, so try maybe trimming the hairs to like 5-10mm first.
You can make sugar wax at home, but it's a bit tricky. I think you can buy it as well but I'm not sure, and it obviously depends on where you live
Google a bit about it!
>>
>>8682288
So my periods are far worse that most of the girls' . I know that it's about to start when my hair begins to fall out. On the first day I get cold sweat, often faint or my vision turns black and I spend most of it rolling on the floor from pain, no matter on how many painkillers I am.
My question is: does any of you also had it bad during periods and how did birth control help?
>>
>>8684190
I'm kinda experienced with waxing, had a couple of brazilian waxes in different cities (germany) with mixed results. I'd recommend it but remember just to use a bit aloe gel after and wear loose fitting clothes, one time they used baby powder and it caused ingrown hair.

but holy crap the last one hurt like hell, I think the brazilian lady was a bit rough on me, but it was effective nonetheless. in terms of going bald down there with my super sensitive skin, absolutely nothing compares. I exfoiliate with a glove-thing and the wet towel after and it's absolutely essential. hair reappears after 1-2 weeks but it grows back soft and nice.

haven't tried sugar waxing but for normal waxing the hair should be at least 0,5 cm and more. do not, i repeat, do not get talked into those fleece strip waxing for anything between your legs. it's only for regular body hair and "straight" surfaces.
>>
>>8686461
Mine wasn't as bad as yours, but still pretty bad. Birth control helped a lot, especially since with them, you don't have to have your period every month. I go with once ever three months.
>>
I haven't done much hair removal, but I did my upper lip and it didn't go away, unfortunately.. However, I only did two(?) possibly three, sessions of my lower arms and the hair is really, really thin. Now I tolerate it much more than before and I want to go back and finish the sessions, but poor as fuck at the moment. I'm sure with the 6-8 sessions, it'd be virtually completely gone.
>>
File: 1422032011412.gif (623KB, 360x263px) Image search: [Google]
1422032011412.gif
623KB, 360x263px
idk if this thread is dying but I need some advice on shaving down there

I've always had pretty thick dark pubic hair and ive always mostly just shaved the bikini are abut the past few years I've been trying to shave a lot more/trim little by little. I've been trying to go totally bald, mostly for oral reasons, but it feels like it burns or just feels really uncomfortable on the labia dragging the razor over the same spot over and over

I would go to get it waxed if I wasnt a broke bitch, but do you guys have any suggestions?!??!
>>
File: 1 and 2.gif (684KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1 and 2.gif
684KB, 500x281px
>>8689412
you could try a home waxing kit. pretty easy to get, i see then next to the razors at target all the time. usually 5-15$ per box. itll probably be painful though!
>>
I'm a guy with really thick and hair on my legs and for my next cosplay I want to get it off. What would you recommend to do? If I immediately shave I'll ruin the razor in 3 strokes, so I was thinking about hair removal creme. Also, how itchy/painful will it be when it grows back?
Thanks in advance anons.
>>
File: 1431562429082.png (34KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1431562429082.png
34KB, 666x666px
>>8689826

Honestly I'd just go get them waxed. I always pay for a good wax for cosplay, the relief you get from "well I know my legs look great" is 1000% worth it.

If you're determined to do it at home, I'd take whatever you use to trim your facial hair and put it to your legs, then shave. Hair removal creme, imo, is really only effective for wispier hair.
>>
>>8689412
back when i was wet shaving I used a new men's razor (not the cheapest but not the most expensive ones) every time I went bald down there. it's sharp and way more hygenic.

another protip i heard was using conditioner to soften the hair before shaving. I only used water and baby oil as "shaving cream", which of course made the razor unusable after.
If i'd do wet shaving again i'd exfoiliate more often than i did back then to prevent those bumps and not using any product right after. but my skin was always pretty raw nonetheless.

brazilian waxing is 27€ here and i do it every 6 weeks. i'm broke as well but i rather spend this amount instead of buying expensive razors for my sensitive skin and having it grow back after 2 days.
>>
>>8689826
dry shave with a body groomer or your beard/hair thingy, that's by far the easiest option but it'll leave slight stubble.
shaving cream is painful if you leave it on too long, i found the result relatively messy. try it out if you don't have too sensitive skin.
the itch will always happen when hair grows back, remember to exfoiliate.
>>
>>8689412
Cut/shave your pubes to 1/4-1/2 an inch or less (or wait until they grow to 1/4") then try home sugaring. Cheap if you follow the recipes online, but for the love of god do NOT fool yourself into thinking the wax has cooled down when it hasn't.
>>
>>8674547
>>8679223

Not the one who posted the pic but that's hard wax. It's great for brazilians. Most people just think of strip wax or only know about strip wax, the kind you slather on, put sheet, rip off. This stuff you goop it on wait for it to cool and harden and rip it off. It hurts less because it only sticks to the hair and not the skin so you don't get the same sting as strip wax. But it still hurts... My waxer uses it for the labia and other delicate areas. In my opinion, it's less painful than strip wax to do the same areas so I love it.

As for the specific product in the pic. My sister ordered it to use after I told her how amazing hard wax was and she tried it and it was easy to use. It did the job. it's a little bit of a hassle because it takes a while to warm up and you have to wait for it to cool on the skin. but if you're patient it's not bad.

If you're going to a spa to get your vagina waxed ask them about hard wax and try it out.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.