[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: 20170330_144616.jpg (957KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_144616.jpg
957KB, 2560x1536px
How do I kill them?
>>
Pick by hand kill all
Soap water may help but danger for plant
Look like aphids; bit blurry though
>>
File: 20170330_144650.jpg (1015KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_144650.jpg
1015KB, 2560x1536px
>>5236
REEEE
>>
>>5236
Definitely aphids I think. Maybe find some ladybugs?
>>
Drop some ladybugs on those suckers
>>
Ladybugs help, yeah they are like little red bulldozers of inappeasable appetite.

But you'd need more than one.

Also their larvas are fuckign badass.
>>
>>5240
>>5239

Now we're talking.

I remember on my campus one year swarms and swarms of them would warm themselves on the sunny side of our dorm.

Unfortunately, they would get inside and drive my room mate absolutely mad, flailing his book at the wall, ceiling doing much more damage than the bugs, which then smelled and attracted more. He was a nervous wreck.

I, however, love them, and was in my glory, surrounded by cute little strawberry colored beetles parading about.

In the middle of one winter, one appeared out of nowhere. I would feed her punch and she would gorge for days motionless, then retreat to whereever she hid, then come out again weeks later to gorge again. This went on all winter.

Beetles are one of the most beautiful of creatures. Maybe next week I will try to get a beetle appreciation thread going. Some of the hard core /an/ people keep exotic ones as pets.
>>
>>5242
>Some of the hard core /an/ people keep exotic ones as pets.
These are not exotics,but

WELCOME TO BEETLE HAVEN, WHERE THE ORGY NEVER ENDS!

On lady bugs, here's the little story from my childhood how ladybugs saved my little potted plants
>plants get aphids
>find 2 lady bugs put them in a tic.tac box
>turns out it was male and female
>they lay eggs!
>they start to eat the eggs, take ladybugs out, put them on plants
>ladybugs start gorging aphids
>in 4 days the eggs hatch into these cute little crocodile looking larva
>put the 12 or something larva on plants
>watch them each day as they grow and go town on the aphids
It was pretty neat, and all it took was a tic-tac box.
>>
File: beetles.jpg (222KB, 1031x897px) Image search: [Google]
beetles.jpg
222KB, 1031x897px
>>5243
oops forgot pic
>>
File: Dicerca pugionata.jpg (735KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dicerca pugionata.jpg
735KB, 1080x720px
>>5243
>>5244

A nice story, thank you.

Are those click beetles?

Have this delightful gold bug, a type of wood boring jewel bug whose common name escapes me.
>>
File: roach.jpg (299KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
roach.jpg
299KB, 1024x670px
>>5245
i wish, they are just darkening beetles, I just got obsessed with hatching them

man that gold bug is so pretty i want to wear it
>>
Test
>>
File: Buprestidae-1.jpg (893KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
Buprestidae-1.jpg
893KB, 1200x872px
>>5246

Lovely. More jewel beetles.
>>
>>5248
why are beetles so beautiful
>>
File: Cotton_Harlequin_Bugs.jpg (274KB, 1280x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Cotton_Harlequin_Bugs.jpg
274KB, 1280x1014px
>>5249

I would speculate: graceful and unique symetric curves, colorful and/or iridescent shells

Ones with metallic sheen are exceptional, of course. Im not sure these are technically beetles or not, but they are attractive.
>>
>>5236
Neem oil will do the trick my bro. 2 tbsp per gallon sprayed on. Also prevents molds and like every other bug infestation.

Except for fucking fungus gnats. Bastards...

Anyeay get it at like lowes or walmart or the depot
>>
File: picasso bug.jpg (315KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
picasso bug.jpg
315KB, 1024x682px
>>5250
Those look like Hemiptera, true bugs. Unlike beetles (Coleopterans), they have sucking mouthparts and nymphs instead of a larval stage.
>>
the only interesting bugs we have around here are these black and red spotted things that are constantly fucking by the lake, and those damned fig beetles that fly like drunken college girls drive.
>>
>>5252
I'm going to steal his color schemes.
>>
Beetlefriends, I have an important question

why is it that they are the most diverse type of animal on planet earth
what makes the beetle so populous
>>
>>5236
Looks like aphids, friend. If you want 'em gone without hurting the plant your best bet is to get a bunch of ladybugs.
>>
File: 52341234.jpg (280KB, 676x586px) Image search: [Google]
52341234.jpg
280KB, 676x586px
about this time winter/spring we get little hordes of these running back and forth across our driveway

I used to think they stung but I don't think they actually do
>>
>>5242
I never see ladybugs anymore. Up where I live it's nothing but those orange Asian lady beetles.
>>
>>5242
I like you.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.