[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kemono Friends impressions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 22

I can see why you guys like this so much. It's very cute and heartwarming.

Who else here is watching Kemono Friends for the first time?
>>
File: 61977110_p0.jpg (800KB, 1000x1015px) Image search: [Google]
61977110_p0.jpg
800KB, 1000x1015px
Watched it for the first time last week. It was indeed pretty great though the animation took a little getting used to.
>>
>when you walk into a business that's obviously struggling and the staff is way too attentive

Fucking awkward
>>
File: ykk[1].jpg (74KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
ykk[1].jpg
74KB, 400x338px
Saw the first episode and wasn't really that impressed.
After the hype built up, I went back and it's got that weird comfy post-apocalyptic vibe that I liked from things like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

It's a guilty pleasure.
>>
File: 1490991896300.png (2MB, 1096x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490991896300.png
2MB, 1096x1200px
>>21305
I am happy to hear you like it.
>>
File: 1490992634006.png (905KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490992634006.png
905KB, 858x1200px
>>21305
I just marathoned the anime yesterday. My only regret is not giving it a chance sooner. Such a hearwarming and wholesome show.
>>
File: 1490151153183.png (318KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1490151153183.png
318KB, 500x378px
Watching it with /a/ as it was airing was a fucking blast. It's scary to think how close I came to dropping something that I ended up loving so much.

Hope you guys enjoy it too. It's a fucking ride.
>>
>>21305
I hope more people are. It's really great.
>>
File: 1491093388161.jpg (443KB, 2048x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1491093388161.jpg
443KB, 2048x1442px
cool
>>
>>21991
Such a nice /can/ portrait.
>>
I went into it as a joke because, well, that CG.

Now it's probably my favourite show of the year so far, by quite a large margin.
>>
File: 62062755_p0.png (758KB, 851x1191px) Image search: [Google]
62062755_p0.png
758KB, 851x1191px
Wasn't there a KF thread on /can/?
>>
>>22900
This is /can/.
>>
>>22917
I mean a longer thread. It got 404'd.
>>
A friend who's good at taking initiative!
>>
This is the show that introduced me to the joys of watching shows with /a/.
>>
File: 62206144_p0.jpg (701KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
62206144_p0.jpg
701KB, 840x840px
I'm glad you guys like it.
>>
>>21368
This is a really apt comparison and I'm shocked I haven't seen it come up before.

YKK and KF are both in my all-time favorites now, and I just hope that KF doesn't have a bullshit ending like YKK did.
>>
File: 1491090081673.jpg (94KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
1491090081673.jpg
94KB, 1000x671px
>>23373
I'll just say that there were plenty of ways to for the ending to go wrong, the way it was set up, but not only did it avoid those it also exceeded my expectations for a good ending. The storytelling is impressive for the type of show that it is.
>>
>>23378
Oh yeah, S1's ending was great.

I was talking about stuff later in the series, since more KF is already confirmed. I just hope we don't get a multi-year thing that opens lots of new questions and then never answers them.
>>
>>23373
I actually get that vibe too.
I was thinking if Kaban was actually an android for some reason.
>>
I will be giving it a pass honestly.

It's cute and the pixiv tag is going to be a permanent bookmark, but It's all a run up to pimp a zero-quality waifu collection mobile micropayment game. That does not lend itself to quality or long-term production. It will die the second the game stops being profitable enough which in a world where this (very pathetic and cancerous) genre is stuffed to capacity, that's going to happen very quickly.
>>
>>23398
>It will die the second the game stops being profitable enough
The game was dead before the anime started, duder.
>>
>>22648
Truly a great show to make this happen to so many people.
>>
File: Kemono Ends.jpg (571KB, 533x2333px) Image search: [Google]
Kemono Ends.jpg
571KB, 533x2333px
>>23398
>he doesn't know
Kemono Friends was a sinking ship before it started. The game had been cancelled and it was a low budget last-ditch effort to try and make it somewhat successful.

The franchise exploded in popularity because of the anime, not the other way around. Also it's hard to say that it doesn't lend itself towards a long-term production when the show is a very simplistic type of episodic adventure of meet-and-greet with various animals.

Honestly you're just very much underestimating how much attention this got in Japan.
>>
>>23398
>It will die the second the game stops being profitable enough
The game died before the anime even aired
This show is popular 100% because it's stands on its own merits as an animated production, as difficult as that is for people looking through the window and prejudging it to believe.
>>
>>23398
None of this is true.

KF was planned from day 1 as a multimedia franchise, and the only reason the game came and went first was that it turns out Nexon can shit out a smartphone game really damn fast. You're not alone in misunderstanding this, though, it's a common misconception in Japan too.
>>
>>23418
>shit out a game so quickly that it goes under before any other part of the franchise can launch
Sasuga Nexon
>>
>>21305
Me, and so far it's really cute..
>Tanoshiiiiiiiiiiii
lol

and informative too. It feels like an anime version of NatGeo.
>>
>>23398
You really don't know anything about this. Yoshizaki Mine and Kadokawa were the ones who worked on it, and they started out from lore. They had way bigger ambition than some mobage.
>>
>>23422
Serval's voice is a little miracle.
I loved how you could hear her seiyuu improving and becoming more natural as the show went on. Hearing newbie seiyuu grow is really cool.
>>
marathoned up to 8 now.

Not the first time I picked up a show I dropped post-air due to hype.
>>
How many people here are watching KF for the first time as non-anime fans?
>>
>>23431
I highly recommend that you look through this show with a fine comb and scrutinize everything that you see. Do not just let the plot occupy your mind. You will miss a lot if you don't keep looking at what's behind the act.
>>
>>21305
Yeah, I want to visit zoo or safari park now
>>
>>23431
I've lost count of the number of amazing shows I would have completely overlooked were it not for /a/. I initially dismissed Flip Flappers as some precure-style kid's toy commercial show based on the key visuals, and only checked it out because /a/ was blowing up over sodium vapour lamps after the first episode aired.
I ignored KF for far too long, too, but thank god people around here loved it enough for me to see past the CG and give it a shot.

I think I did the same thing with Madoka, actually. My only impression of it going in was those commercials gg left in Arakawa that deliberately misrepresented it as a children's show, so I just completely disregarded it until episode 3 threw the board into a shitstorm
>>
>>23433
It's the first anime I've watched as an adult if that counts
>>
>>23440
Same thing happened with symphogear.
>>
>>21305
/can/ should do a KF stream, I would love to see more /an/ liking it.
>>
File: C4tyegdUkAAlZir.jpg orig.jpg (61KB, 766x700px) Image search: [Google]
C4tyegdUkAAlZir.jpg orig.jpg
61KB, 766x700px
>>23446
The good taste in this thread is simply off the charts.
>>
>>23446
I didn't even pick up symphogear until around episode 8 of S1, when I saw someone post a link to Chris' henshin scene with ZENBU in the background.

Missing the threads for the first 7 episodes of that is something I regret to this day. And holy fuck we have a new season airing in summer and we get to have airing threads all over again. Thanks for reminding me how good it is to be alive.
>>
>>23440
It's weird, I must be the only KF fan who couldn't stand Madoka or Flip Flap.

I really disliked the art style in both, don't like shows that push the yuri really hard, and in Madoka's case my biggest issue was that I just don't like shows that go so hard in the edgy angst direction. (Maybe it's because I had my fill of that kind of stuff with Gundam and Eva back in the day.)

Part of why I'm so happy to see KF become popular is that it's proof that you can still make a successful show without making the audience miserable.
>>
>>23474
There haven't been many successful angst-driven shows recently. In fact, those tend to be pretty rare. In Madoka's case it was more a product of being a perfect storm of industry professionals that brought in a large audience despite being an original (Kajiura fresh from KnK, Shinbo of Monogatari and Nanoha S1 fame, Urobuchi trending from F/Z) and being exceptionally well-marketed. It drew in the enormous pre-existing fanbases for action mahou shoujo franchises, TM works (and VN works in general), LN fans and general fotm otaku.
Madoka was basically a born success before it even aired, all it really had to do was not dramatically fuck everything up. The fact that the show itself happened to be solid was just icing on the cake.

Though, I think for most people, happy and angsty go hand in hand, and they enjoy them both the way one might enjoy two sides of a coin.
>>
>>23482
I think it's just a case that Madoka felt like it was a product made by people who enjoyed what they were doing, very much the same way as KF is. That and both of them ended in a satisfactory way helps too.

Flip Flappers ending on the other hand was a mess. I loved the first 8 eps or so but then it fell apart.
>>
>>23482
It depends on which demographic you're talking about.

The "edgy angst" stuff has done quite well with "casual fans" in the West lately, particularly with women. In addition to Madoka you have Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, and pretty much every single thing Urobuchi has touched. (F/Z, Aldnoah, Psycho-Pass, etc.) Oh, and Eva, of course.

I think Madoka was the only one that really had much success on /a/, but out in the MAL/Reddit/Facebook world and in Japan's equivalent of those, people really seem to love watching characters be tortured for 12-24 episodes in a row.

I just don't have much of an appetite for that kind of thing, personally. As hyped as Urobuchi is, I don't think he can hold a candle to Tomino when it comes to really ripping your heart out, and Tomino actually writes stuff that ISN'T nonstop torment too.

That said I think the art is what really keeps me from enjoying Madoka and FF. I might be able to get past the things I don't like otherwise, but the colorful pseudo-psychedelic look just repels me like nothing else.
>>
>>23493
>That said I think the art is what really keeps me from enjoying Madoka and FF
That's quite ironic because both shows really push in the artistic sense.
The mix between Ume's designs and the Inu Curry stuff on Madoka is mesmerizing, and Flip Flappers has its colorful world full of sakuga and beautiful backgrounds done by Studio Pablo. Both have very unique character designs and have somewhat unique aesthetics.
You really are missing out if you don't at least give them a try.
>>
>>23485
>Flip Flappers ending on the other hand was a mess. I loved the first 8 eps or so but then it fell apart.

Yeah, I agree. It seemed to fall victim of needing a big plot twist or something when I think it didn't need that at all.

It's funny because Kemono Friends has a lot of parallels to Flip Flappers and even tried to do something similar towards the end, but it seemed to pull it off more gracefully.
>>
Marathoned it on the weekend leading up to ep 12 off of a friends recommendation. Really wish I coulda been there with /a/ the whole time. I'll probably rewatch soon.
>>
>>23429
>you could hear her seiyuu improving

Different anon but what does this mean? I don't understand
>>
>>23554
Seiyuu is the japanese (read: weeaboo) term for voice actor.
>>
>>23556
Oh, I see. So she was an amateur?
>>
>>23554
Seiyuu means voice actor. This is her first role.
>>
>>23557
Most of them were.
>>
>>23474
>I must be the only KF fan who couldn't stand Madoka
nope

Haven't watched flip flappers but I really dislike Madoka.
>>
>>23627
You and me both. We're not fit for suffering.
>>
File: 1 (86).jpg (165KB, 1174x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1 (86).jpg
165KB, 1174x1507px
Suugoii~! New Friends are always welcomed to Japari Park!

Welcome to all!
>>
>>21305
4 episodes in; it's really cute.
Serval reminds me of Papika
>>
>>21991
I think I'm jealous.
>>
Fuck, you guys are making me want to watch this. I just finished Flip Flappers so I have an opening for a new show.
>>
>>23455
>we have a new season airing in summer
Wait, what? When was this confirmed?
>>
What makes this show appealing to y'all? It appears comfy and whatnot, but when I watched the first episode I was bored out of my mind.
>>
>>23857
The second episode.
>>
>>23861
I'll give it a try mate.
>>
>>23857
It's cute. It has a nice story. Every character is wonderful. That's really all I can say without going too much into it.
>>
>>23857
I like the adventure.
>>
>>23857
The fact that the characters aren't just bland archetypes and it doesn't try to do anything amazing.
>>
>>23857
The first episode bored the hell out of me, too, but I got the impression it was setting up for something I could enjoy and the fact that the seiyuu were so obviously inexperienced and yet trying so earnestly was endearing.
The first episode isn't a good representation of what the show has to offer you. Give it to the third and you'll understand
>>
>>21305
seems like it's just kancolle with animals. am i correct?
>>
>>23870
Not even remotely.
>>
>>23870
Couldn't be father from the mark.
>>
>>21305
/an/ here, never really cared for anime but I binge watched this show. Pretty silly but it was cute. Honestly I get more excited for the fan art. It can be really hard to tell what animal a girl is supposed to represent.
>>
>>21305
I started it just now, two episodes in. It's rather nice and pleasant to watch even though I find the animation a little strange. The backgrounds are gorgeous though.
>>
>>23956
Just remember, Hippos are NOT friends. They are evil abominations of nature that prey on human life.

[spoiler]I find the low budget animation to be charming. They are trying to make something fun with almost no money.[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.