[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invasives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2707.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2707.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
>tfw new board!

What are you anons doing to save the ecosystem?
>>
Building bird houses.
>>
Breaking thermometers.
>>
>>20753
I recycle.
>>
>>20753
drowning cats
>>
>>20842
Good idea. We have lots of stray cats around here and I really want to start hunting them but there are a few people around who love them and they might try and get me arrested for doing that.
>>
>>20753
I eat salads and recycle
>>
>>20753
What the fuck am i looking at here?
>>
>>20893
Invest in a good pellet gun, anon.

.22 caliber, integral silencer, and a nice scope for long range takedowns. .22 pellet guns are quiet as fuck and a shot to the head is instant death. I would recommend a night scope if you want to get serious about it. There are plenty available, and ad-hoc methods you can look up (attach a camera with a NV mode, build a huge IR spotlight, zero and look through the viewfinder) to really increase your effectiveness.
>>
i plant a hundred pounds of wildflower seeds all over my county so that we have bees
>>
>>20753
Starting forest fires
>>
>>21444
>>20893
>>20842
>not adopting and neutering/spaying cats before they mate
I like cats, ok
>>
>>21642
yeah because they stop killing wildlife if you snip the balls, and they totally won't just get displaced by a tomcat with balls. there are too many out there for that to work
>>
>>20753
Ahhhh, is this a normal thread for /an/? Posting pictures of animal abuse and gore, and discussing shooting street cats?
>>
>>20753
Smashed some carp brains yesterday
>>
>>21934
There are people who troll /an/ pretty often. A lot of people hate outdoor cats because they destroy wildlife and are an invasive species. Most are in support of programs like spay and release, but some people out there also support cat genocide. In some areas it makes sense as they target endangered small animals like birds and small mammals, but overall I don't think cat murder is the answer so much as spay and neuter programs.
>>
>>21934
/an/'s strongest meme is just straight out hating cats. Welcome.
>>
>>21982
>I don't think cat murder is the answer so much as spay and neuter programs.
Nice toxoplasmosis you got there.
>>
>>22015
That's fair, I love my indoor cat, even though he's an asshole.
>>
>>21690
The threat feral cats pose to local ecosystems is often too great to take half measures like catch/neuter/release or relocating. Like any other unwanted and invasive species they need to be culled. I get that people like cats, but they need to understand why cats need to be kept indoors and how feral cats ruin ecosystems. I also get that cat lovers probably feel threatened by flippant posts about killing cats, and how they can get defensive about it, so I think we should treat that matter a little more seriously. Like hunting any other animal, putting down the cat needs to be done quickly and humanely. It's not a punishment for the cat, because the animal is just doing what it was bred to do.
>>
>>21997
I thought it was brown recluse.
>>
>>21934
>>21982
>>21997
it's not trolling you goddamn shitheads. invasive species NEED TO BE REMOVED
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1359.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>21971
Noice

>>21365
Bullseye Snakehead

>>21444
Checked. And I actually have a few good pellet guns. I honestly hate the stray cats but a few people I'm really close to take care of them.

A couple weeks ago some big tomcat came around and was scaring the nice cat who hangs out in my front yard. Sprayed him with water a couple times and he wouldn't go away. Grabbed the cheap Crosman and pumped it just enough to sting and that thing gtfo and hasn't been back.

>>21642
There's way too many to adopt and spaying/neutering is good but will never even put a dent in the population.
>>
The only thing that actually helps:
Not reproducing
>>
>>21642
I love cats too man, but supporting feral cats is a terrible idea for the eco system. Killing them humanely is better then them getting mauled by a bigger animal or dying from a slow painful disease.
>>
>>22279
Running them over with cars seems like a quick and humane way to save the local bird population
>don't hit those brakes!
>>
I cut down and poison Chinese tallow trees, and Chinese privet. I'm seeing a pattern here.
>>
>>20753
Does killing invasive plants count. I do it as a job
>>
File: 37193561.png (3KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
37193561.png
3KB, 480x480px
>Want to kill cat.
Did you learn nothing from Black Death?
>>
>>22346
Which ones?
>>
>>22346
I don't envy you. College fuck-o here, might have to do that with a government conservation department as an internship to graduate. Honeysuckle is a problem here, and I'm hoping that I can get something cool instead of pulling weeds for a few months
>>
File: 1475706017461.png (102KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475706017461.png
102KB, 625x626px
>>20753
this is why /an/ can't have nice things.

But Bepis is /out/ which is actually far worse
>>
File: 1455644790689.jpg (110KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1455644790689.jpg
110KB, 762x464px
>>23901
>defending invasive species
as long as the kill is even remotely clean I fully support the physical removal of them
>>
File: 1491062613847.jpg (108KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1491062613847.jpg
108KB, 499x488px
>>21982
There is actually a way to tell the difference.
See posts like >>22133 >>22145 are serious posts that promote a good discussion.
Then you got knuckle headed chuckle fucks like >>22015
>>20842 >>22294 that make shitposts riddled with memes and buzzwords that only promote off topic shit flinging and trolling.
Learn to tell the difference it could save a thread.
-t. /an/ oldfag.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.