[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who big four here, i know it underpaid but its one of the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (38KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 406x364px
Who big four here, i know it underpaid but its one of the best path into getting you into that six figure salary before 30.
>>
How the fuck? By becoming a partner? Because otherwise you'll only see low 5 figures for the rest of your pitiful life.
>>
I can work there with my degree, but I picked a lazy government job.
Starting my own biz in my spare time.
>>
>>995408
>one of the best path into getting you into that six figure salary before 30.
lolno

It's a cool job, and one of my friends works for the big 4, but he's told me in no uncertain terms that he'd much rather go to IB as he'll never crack $100,000 unless he goes partner which is a matter of luck combined with talent.

Best path to six figures before 30 is becoming a good salesman. Doesn't matter what you're selling; those skills will net you a good job.

Or get a math degree. You'll get any job you want $300k starting.
>>
>>995538
What 5 years in big for nets you oppurtunity to exit to industry, either as a director or even cfo.
>>
I got an Analyst job for Bank of America and quit after 7 months. You're forgetting about the 80-100 hour work weeks. Nurses literally get paid more per hour than your average Investment Banker. If you want a healthy six figure career, get into engineering.
>>
>>995408
>Falling for the big 4 meme

hahahaha enjoy your slave labor. And your "exit opportunities" lmao
>>
>>995538
>math degree
>300k starting
Fucking amazing how many dumbasses are on this board.
>>
>>995965
Right? Some of them can't even recognize sarcasm
>>
>>995893
Except that wrong, you get 0-3% increase every year as an engineer.
>>
>>995538
This. Only jobs that pay six figures before 30 is sales. And there are a lot of quality firms with competent sales teams. Start as an assistant or account coordinator.
>>
>>995538
no way, math does not get you 300k starting
>>
>>996406
You took the b8.
>300k starting is a meme from /sci/.
>>
Starting next July in EY risk advisory. Pretty pumped tbqh senpai
>>
>>996006
pow
>>
>>996462

EY is crap from what I experienced.
>>
>>996462
>big 4
Senipai prepare for weight gain. Its common to go in with a six pack and come out with a gut. Late night working = fast food.
>>
>>996479
What? I mean does it matter, the firm is paying for the food, unless your in a team would people who eat shit like pizza.
>>
>>996469
that KPMG, but any of the big four consulting/advisory is great, deloitte being the best.
>>
>>996489

Yeah, deloitte is probably the best. I don't really know though because most of these places are willing to hire anyone for the positions if they have one of the 'desirable' degrees.
>>
>>996493
well why don't you have one of these so called "desirable" degree, me personally i'm gonna be at PwC, but i come from a state school and my debt is 20k, 60k starting out of college is not that bad for a 22 year old. IB and Stuff is great but you also have to take a shit load of loans and the hours are even worse.
>>
>>996496

I'm in Australia. I have a 4 year mathematics degree (with honours). Deloitte, PWC, etc. will advertise for a risk assessment position saying we want someone with one of these degrees:

- Finance
- Maths
- Physics
- Business
- Accounting
- Engineering

The type of degree doesn't matter here because they claim that you're "trainable" and that the knowledge acquired in the degree doesn't matter.
>>
>>995408
Be an actuary.

40 hour work weeks

100k+ when you finish your credentials, which for most of us is before 30.

Paid study time off and all study materials/exam fees paid for by your company.

I've been an actuary for 15 years and my life is incredibly good. 300k starting? nah. but i'm 35 and i'm at 250k before bonus and other benefits.
>>
>>995408
>but its one of the best path into getting you into that six figure salary before 30.

Tech will get you a 6-figure salary at age 22.
>>
>>996518
how difficult are the exams really?
is the difficulty overstated?
>>
>>996518
>Posting the actuary b8 meme

nah lmao

major in finance senpaitachi don't be a goy
>>
File: desk-setup.jpg (246KB, 640x670px) Image search: [Google]
desk-setup.jpg
246KB, 640x670px
>>996479
>>996488
Buy a standing desk. I work for RSM (formerly McGladrey), recently I bought a cheap desk from Ikea to stand. I put 3 hours a day standing, my boss liked the idea too.
>>
>>996550
They are difficult. You will fail often like everyone else.
>>
>>996575
Wouldn't that make your job immensely more difficult for no reason?
>>
>>996607
Not really, it stretches your legs and you are able to burn calories while working. You forget your even standing after awhile when you get really involved in your work. It takes some getting used to at first, but after awhile your body gets conditioned to it.
>>
>>996607
I don't know whether it's a meme based on poor science but sitting for long periods is supposedly very unhealthy.
>>
>>996575
My firm does "hoteling" for work stations, but if I can swing it I'll definitely go standing.
>>
>>995896

This kek

>DUDE just do slave labor for 5 years
>so you can keep doing slave labor for another 30

Jobs are fucking shit unless you fucking LOVE what you are doing.
>>
>>996611
>you are able to burn calories while working

standing for 3 hours still burns just a few calories. literally like 10 calories. kill yourself.
>>
>>996613

It's hard on the back.

Sitting at 90degrees is actually harder on the back than standing.
>>
>>995843
Lol you don't leave for director or cfo after only 5 years do people actually believe this?
>>
>>995843

Nobody is going to put you in the executive committee because you spent 5 years at Big 4. Absolutely nobody.

Financial Manager maybe but not a fucking senior executive after a measly 5 years auditing.
>>
>>995893
Nurses are starting to out earn most careers so it's not a great comparison - the work is far from enjoyable though.
>>
I am completely steering away from consulting. I want to go into product/project management so im applying to g2m streams and strategy. The big 4 always struck me for being a huge rat race. especially when grad schemes will start to cut grads as soon after training if they feel like it.
>>
Former Big 4 wageslave here. I quit recently to go into either academia or the government, because I couldn't face wasting the best years of my life. Good on anyone who can stick it, though.
>>
>>995408
I didn't get an internship this summer because my GPA is too low. Has me worried for when I graduate. Not to mention I'm doing worse in school in general because as I get older I'm finding it harder to concentrate.
>>
>>995461
You're a retard. Managers make over 100K and the average manager I've met is early 30s. Senior associates are all in the 70-80k range.
>>
>>996513
That must be nice. I'm a state school in the states and everything is super fucking specific.
>Need accounting major or economics major with accounting focus
>Need to be on track to receive 150 credit hours to start taking CPA exam
>Need GPA higher than 3.5
>Need internship
The CPA exam has to be for your specific state too, or else you need to have a valid reason for taking it for another state since it doesn't transfer in most cases. Like, me and my wife want to move to New England or Washington state. No job set up already? Well no, I don't have my CPA for those areas so I can't take jobs out there. Well do you live there? No how can I live there with no job. Maybe you went to school there? No. Oh well fuck you then.
>>
>>995408
wait seriously? 120k starting + 28k signing for my first job out of the marines after my mba. are you like an analyst or something and do shit monkey work all day?
>>
>>999112
Mos?
Major?
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
I was big 4 for 10 yrs ending as a sr manager in audit. Left last year for a director of IA position. ~180k compensation w bonus.

Good money now, but paid the price of not really living my 20s in favor of the firm. Not sure it was worth it.
>>
>>999180
Also, reading this thread is a lot of nonsense about the different firms. In the audits or tax functions, it's at least 95% the same job. One firm vs another is mostly nonsense on my experience.
>>
>>999160
0302, was a Civil / Environmental @ UCB back in 09. MBAs the way to go man, seriously. You just have to put up with being surrounded by bullshit artists all the time.
>>
>>999275
UCB as in boulder or Cal?
>>
Accounting is boring as shit. If you want to make six figures then major in EECS and get a job in a tech company. Big 4 is last century.
>>
Go Government if you can get it. Forget the 6 figure meme and 60 hour weeks.

>23
>social science degree
>62kAU plus 15% retirement
>Guaranteed 72k within a year, some get promoted and go to ~80k
>37.5 hour weeks and flex time

You won't be a millionaire by 27 but you can fairly easily get to 100k by 30 with little stress.

Downsides are that you rarely will go over 130k. Any higher and the hours get ridiculous. If you're in a shitty department promotion might be slow, but you can move departments.

Breaking into the private sector can be hard, especially if it's an area that doesn't involve government, but for a comfy life it's worth it.
>>
>>995408
I am older than 30. I really want to get easy riches but don't care if I need to work really hard.

Is Lawyer just a total waste? I have two arts degrees so I can't do STEM too easily.

I also am considering a Art History degree because I like it and hey, at least a PhD could get me a pretty comfy job at a museum or university. Lets face it, its a total joke so guarantees me about 5 years of living off debt and drinking beer.

I have a business undergraduate. So I was thinking maybe Marketing MBA but I don't have any experience doing Marketing. Hoping to possibly break into a video game company someday and being one of those marketing tools at E3 everyone hates and living the good life.

Would it be worth trying for a Biology BS so I can have a crack at pharmacist?

I just am tired of being a penniless loser with a lot of education and want something I can DO.
>>
>>995408

As other anons have stated, best way to earn a lot young is to go into Sales at a small company preferably a David to a Goliath.

It's challenging though and you really have to persevere, but as long as you have a decent product/service then there's scope to earn big $$$
>>
File: 1450032138997.jpg (38KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1450032138997.jpg
38KB, 437x501px
Undergrad fag here, what I'm reading here is really scaring me.

Deloitte scoops from our graduates, and until now I was looking forward to working for one of the biggest SAP consultants out there. But now I hear that working for a big 4 is a rat race, with too much work for not enough money. That, combined with an office environment is terrifying to me.
Am I the SAP?
>>
>>996556
major in finance
take actuary exams 1 & 2 and cfa level 1 before you graduate
financial analytics jobs all day, 70-80k starting, not far to 100k by 30
>>
>>1000810
You need to work at one of the big 4 to pay your dues. Once you do it for a few years you can pretty much go anywhere and either become a consultant or plant yourself at a Fortune 500 and work your way up. Most CFOs and controllers that I know of started at one of the big 4. Financial consultants for large companies make an average of $75 an hour but they have more flexibility. If you do decide to work on the inside of a Fortune 500 and get above director level you are looking at $300k a year and up. Even most directors make $200k.
>>
>>995408
Hey fags
Got my ATAR results (ausfag high school results) today
I can do commerce at Macquarie, should I do it. I know it isn't the best uni but I have already been gursnteed a job at an accounting firm during my commerce degree (thanks nepotism).
>>
>>996462
Me Too Braaj, What office?

Boston here
>>
Econ major from Shit college.... was thinking about going back to school for masters in accounting which will allow me to take CPA exam in my State.... is this a good road to take?
>>
>>999275
Getting into a worthwhile MBA is not possible for some. Otherwise I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>999544

>I just am tired of being a penniless loser with a lot of education and want something I can DO.

Don't do a PhD or you will be unhappy forever
>>
>>996395
>be me
>be pharmacist
>6 figures out of school
>paid of loans in a year and a half
>work for a hospital, not a CVS slave
>28
>feels good man

>inb4 meme degree
1.046666 more years and I'll make it to 30. By then I'll have an MBA and become a director. 150k+. That'll show you, 4chan.
>>
>>1002453
Good luck. Don't try the benzos, they're rather moreish
>>
>>996550
Pretty hard. Why do you think it's such a highly paid field? Because of very limited supply.
>>
>Check statistics for my country
>Deloitte has highest average salary
>Nobody ever talks about Deloitte
>Only PWC, KPMG and EY have had presentations during lectures and held events at my university.

The fuck? Am I missing something?
>>
>>1003872
The smart ones just know. It's like a calling from a higher power.

Or the profs just tell the cream of the crop to apply, so recruitment drives aren't necessary (don't forget the golden rule: it's a small world)
>>
>>1002453
HEY, LET ME IN. WALLMART SUCKS MAN.
>>
>Make a 74 & 73 on FAR
God DAMMIT!!!!
>>
>>1002453
>be me
>be pharmacist
>barely make 50k

Wish i was American
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.