[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit Scores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: credit score.png (23KB, 1187x595px) Image search: [Google]
credit score.png
23KB, 1187x595px
Just got approved for a new credit card. Time to celebrate.

Let's get a credit score thread going. What's your credit score?
>>
>>989124

Somewhere around 750. My goal is for it to be 0 by the time I'm 50.
>>
>>989135
What's your end game?
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (66KB, 625x344px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
66KB, 625x344px
>>
wtf is the point of having a credit card besides building initial credit if you need a loan, do y'all actually buy stuff with them? that seems fucking stupid
>>
>>989192
are you 12? why are there so many financially illiterate people on this board?
>>
>>989192
I have 3 now. I signed up for 2 tonight. I plan on using one for groceries since it will be 3% cash back, and the other will be used for everything else and it's 2% cash back. I'm just shifting my normal spending onto them to get a bit of money back for spending my money the same way I had been.

AMEX also adds a year onto manufacturer warranties if you purchase things with their cards, and they also give you free shoprunner which is nice because it gets rid of delivery fees on food. I've been wanting this card for a while for the benefits. I also got a no annual fee card so as long as I don't carry a balance, it only benefits me, and I can keep it forever and not have to worry about paying for it.
>>
>>989184
About the same here, more like 800 though
>>989192
I used cards to help start my business. It payed off well.
Now I use them for the rewards and benefits. I buy everything with a credit card and pay it off in full every month. The rewards points are worth about $4500 a year alone, but I also get purchase protection, fraud protection, price guarantees, extended warranties, theft reimbursement and concierge service etc.
>>
>>989209
>and concierge service etc.

oh, yeah, I forgot about all of the travel benefits most cards. I've heard they also give free warranties on rental cars and stuff too.
>>
>>989207
>>989209
>>989212

I see, I grew up with parents that were constantly moaning about their credit card debt so I never really bothered to look into them much... and I always assumed APR pretty much canceled out any cash back/etc benefits
>>
>>989236
They only accrue interest if you carry a balance. I have mine set to auto pay out of one of my checking accounts. As long as I don't spend money I don't have, it will always pay in full and with no annual fees that means I'll never owe the CC company a dime.

If you don't use a credit card, you're just spending more. Very few businesses give a cash discount, so there's portion of the price that goes toward payment processing fees that you aren't taking advantage of. You could recoup a bit of that in cashback or other rewards.
>>
>>989204
I am completely financially illiterate, my parents are dismal at anything financial so I was raised with absolutely no information on that front. I've thought about going to business school but again... I was raised by financially awful people so my finances are awful and therefore no higher education for me unless I can save enough to move to Finland, where they'll pay my rent while I'm in school.

I started frequenting /biz/ recently hoping to anything and everything I can from y'all.
>>
>>989238

word, see I always just assumed that the only people who used credit cards were idiots that like to spend money they dont have
>>
>>989241
to *learn anything and everything, god damnit
>>
>>989124
809. shit NOC job for an ISP, 5K a year. New homeowner, 4K credit debt 18K car debt (2 cars, 9K owed each), 113K owed on house.
>>
>>989138
Shotgun.
>>
>>989124
like 775 without even trying I don't know what the hell other people do to ruin their credit
>>
>>989318

If you have student loan debt it's really easy. I missed 2 payments and my score plummeted and took some time to recover. Student loans are treated differently from other kinds of debt and if I ever had to choose, I'd gladly ruin my credit by running up credit cards instead of ruining it by not paying the student loans. My dad got off really easy and declared bankruptcy and still has his house and car and now gets disability and actually lives pretty good. That's impossible with student loans since you can't get rid of them or declare bankruptcy and your wages will be garnished for not paying them back AND you could be sued for not paying them back now. Now add in that your credit is permanently ruined because of this. Holy fuck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.