[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1445284294422.gif (2MB, 255x229px) Image search: [Google]
1445284294422.gif
2MB, 255x229px
>mfw can't decide whether to buy oil stocks after today's drop
>>
>>988822
Saudi Arabia can't keep the oil prices suppressed forever, r-right guys?
>>
Oil is a shit investment imo

in the medium term once the saudis ease off shale will come back online and keep prices low

in the long term we'll all be driving electric cars
>>
>>988822
Don't buy oil. Don't be a bottom picker.
>>
oilfag here.

No idea when its coming back up.

Here is what ive gathered though:
>rest of the world pretty much producting at capacity and generally too incompetent to significantly raise their production even with investment.
>U.S. is swing producer. U.S. companies generally becoming much more efficient at exploiting unconventional reservoirs and will be at the ready to surge production whenever prices try to recover. (and probably at lower prices than many analysts anticipate)
>World consumption expected to skyrocket 1.8 million barrels over the course of next year

Basically, things SHOULD balance out over the next year to a point where U.S. indies are ready to drill again. But that "balanced" price could be relatively low. It will probably take another year or two for full recovery. However, you take on more risk shorting oil right now than betting on it because the geopolitical situation can always cause massive oil gains at a moments notice.

tldr. oil is going up significantly over the next three years. The short term is unpredictable
>>
File: 1445305721955.jpg (336KB, 2284x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1445305721955.jpg
336KB, 2284x2028px
>>988888
checked. sad news
>>
Is oil a forced meme like bitcoin?
>>
>>988939
No, oil actually has value.
>>
>>988939

no, it's an historically important and highly profitable industry currently experiencing uncertainty due to a unique geopolitical situation

If you don't find it interesting you probably don't belong on this board
>>
>>988822
Don't try to catch a falling knife
>>
>>988949
Jugglers can catch falling knives. It's all about adjusting your hand's velocity to match that of the knife, so that it's not falling relative to your hand - thus it cannot cut you.
>>
>>988939
I shit you not the more you look into anything, stocks,bitcoin, most investments in the dark corners of the internet and find proved sources, you start believing in jinxing things.

Most people that learn how to play the game or at least have read the REAL model behind these things do not want to share the information they found.

The best we can do is just post, hey how is X so it kills that temptation with sharing it with you guys, the methods in finding sources and getting credible information like *buy the rumor sell the news* requires you to break your own beliefs.

I personally don't think rich people are smart,I just think everyone below them are just really really stupid, mostly ego and personal beliefs is what restricts learning information.

I was not a religious or faith holding person of any kind months ago, but it's required when the only information you can get is always less then 99% or less true because having 100% of information requires definite insider information.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it". - Max Planck
"Science advances one funeral at a time" - Max Planck.
>>
>>988949
But how can you even tell when something has bottomed?

Do you just buy monthly?
>>
oil at low price in winter. can someone explain? how come they haven't created new needs for more energy?
why does this look like bullshit to me?
>>
File: 960x595.jpg (24KB, 383x595px) Image search: [Google]
960x595.jpg
24KB, 383x595px
>>988959
I've seen(free market) oil at $34 in 1985, $9 in 1986, $12 in 1998, $147 in 2008, $33 in 2009.

The best rule of thumb is that a commodity driven to collapse by the least cost producer will fall 75% from its highest high. So, calculate what 25% of $147/bbl and that's the place to start buying. It happened in 1986 and despite what Andy Hall says, now is just like 1986.
>>
>>988968

I don't understand this one either. Aparrently people drive less in the winter.

But China is such a big oil consumer and they are not in the same season as us so idk. Perhaps the refineries have more shut downs in the winter cause shit freezes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.