[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend some books at Barnes & Noble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: barnes-and-noble-storefront.jpg (92KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
barnes-and-noble-storefront.jpg
92KB, 768x512px
I go there before work (And even on off days as of late since I don't like being at home wasting time all day) and I sit and read whatever catches my eye. Learning the basics of PHP at the moment, even have a notebook and junk.

What's some /biz/ related books. Skill-building ones preferred, though it doesn't have to be programming.
>>
>>988176
You really have the patience to read in a public book store? I don't see the logic.
>>
>>988176
>reading books
>2015
What, why?
>>
>>988211
I prefer paper books as well rather than staring at a screen
>>
File: GoogleTips.gif (428KB, 800x8848px) Image search: [Google]
GoogleTips.gif
428KB, 800x8848px
>>988208
not OP, but pro-tip

barnes and noble has a two week return policy

all money back

going to barnes and noble has literally made me reevaluate my position on funding public libraries

>cleaner
>more comfortable places to sit
>people are nicer
>less homeless
>cafe
>newest books
>even rly old books
>everything feels new
>2 week return policy is the same as a high-interest library book
>in libraries you can't get new books without a month on the waiting list
>>
>>988219
I mean like reading in general.

Why not just read 4chan posts instead of like The Great Gatsby.

4chan /biz/ posts and other articles and shit on the Internet will get you way further than some gay ass books.
>>
>>988231
>buys book
>returns before two week period is up
>private company
>will make no money
>don't fund public library
>company goes out of business
>library has no funding
>nowhere to read books

okay genius.
>>
>>988231

Libraries have free WiFi though. I used to work there when I was a NEET starting my business. They never seemed to care, just warned me that the WiFi isn't secure, which I wasn't worried about. I doubt the 12 year old girl or 50 year old homeless man is on their computer hacking.

They have a shit collection of books though.

As for OP, get textbooks, not some stupid book somebody sells and gets rich off of. Don't fall for them "buy this book about how I get rich selling you this book on how to get rich" authors.
>>
>>988231
Just take a tip from George Castanza and don't read the book in the bathroom. You won't be able to return it.
>they know
>>
>>988231

That's called fraud.

Never change, /biz/
>>
>>988296

There is nothing illegal about that retard.
>>
>>988305

Intentionally abusing a return policy falls under the definition of fraud, you thieving piece of shit.
>>
>>988313

seriously retarded if you think that is fraud
>>
>>988313

While the term is called "Wardrobing" or "Return Fraud" it is not illegal anywhere in the USA.
>>
>check to see if there were any recommendation
>who reads?
>abusing the return policy
>arguing over whether that counts as fraud
>1 suggestion for textbooks, but otherwise vague

Never change, /biz/
>>
>>988316

It fits the defiintion of fraud, you moron - wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

It isn't worth B&N to take some loser like
>>988231 to court over, most likely scenario is they'll ban him from the store.
>>
File: alg-greg-jpg.jpg (76KB, 970x734px) Image search: [Google]
alg-greg-jpg.jpg
76KB, 970x734px
>>988231
Or you could just pirate the book and not waste time in Barnes and Noble.
>>
Recommendations from Mr. Warren Buffett himself:

The Intelligent Investor, by Benjamin Graham
Security Analysis, by Benjamin Graham
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, by Philip A. Fisher
Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street, by John Brooks
Where Are the Customers’ Yachts?, by Fred Schwed
Essays in Persuasion, by John Maynard Keynes
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, by Jack Bogle
Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger, edited by Peter Kaufman
The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor, by Howard Marks
The Outsiders, by William Thorndike Jr
Dream Big, by Cristiane Correa
>>
>>988405
I prefer being out of the house and away from my bed when reading.
>>
>>988406
Thanks anon.
>>
>>988390

It's not deception, let alone criminal deception when the store has a no questions asked returns policy you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>988406
>taking Buffett's advice on any product in 2016
He's a walking ad. If he suggests something he was most likely paid to or has some profit incentive involved.

This is the guy who claims he has 2 Coke's® with every lunch. He'd be fucking dead if this were true.
>>
>>988409
read on the front porch.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.